PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Galatasaray (away).

McNamara That Ghost...
09-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Well done for the first half, Wenger interfered and made the second half abysmal.

Well done to Poldi too. Back to the bench for him.

Niall_Quinn
09-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Wenger out!

EDIT. That could be construed as sarcasm. Not this time. Wenger out! I'm sick of him and his negative, nothing approach to the game.

Marc Overmars
09-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Yay.

Please can we draw one of the less fancied teams please. It would be a nice change thinking we might go through.

RomfordPele
09-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Well done for the first half, Wenger interfered and made the second half abysmal.

Rightly so. He gifted them possession by sticking the ball in the net. Clearly doesn't understand wengerball.

Niall_Quinn
09-12-2014, 09:42 PM
It'll be Bayern. Wenger will play Sanogo at left back against Robben.

fakeyank
09-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Wenger proving his doubters wrong. Judge him in May all you haters! :fingers:

RomfordPele
09-12-2014, 09:46 PM
It'll be Bayern. Wenger will play Sanogo at left back against Robben.

Tbh, we might as well get the embarrassment out of the way so we can concentrate on fluking fourth again.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Beat anderlecht 3-0 and we top the group

But wetters will come in and say we're being unreasonable because he adopts wengers mediocre mindset

Wenger out.

Letters
09-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Tbh, we might as well get the embarrassment out of the way so we can concentrate on fluking fourth again.

The table never lies :cool:

Letters
09-12-2014, 09:52 PM
Beat anderlecht 3-0 and we top the group

But wetters will come in and say we're being unreasonable because he adopts wengers mediocre mindset

Wenger out.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You're a c***

Maybe if I keep doing that you'll leave GW.
I'm so brave :cool:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Top modding that. Excellent example to set :good:

Master Splinter
09-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Stunning first half.

Ramsey :bow:.

Podolski :bow:.

Oxlade :bow:.

There was a second half?

Master Splinter
09-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Oh, and Monaco please. :pray:

Alpha
09-12-2014, 10:17 PM
If some people can't be happy with this result , I wonder what would have been their reaction had this game been lost as they were predicting . It is not always easy to make some people happy . Some are born to be unhappy all their life long .They are just looking for any excuse to show their frustration .

Niall_Quinn
09-12-2014, 10:25 PM
If some people can't be happy with this result , I wonder what would have been their reaction had this game been lost as they were predicting . It is not always easy to make some people happy . Some are born to be unhappy all their life long .They are just looking for any excuse to show their frustration .

You can make people happy by picking a sqaud to do the job and playing players in their proper positions. You can make people happy by not bringing on a 17 year old kid and playing him out of position. You can make people happy by going for first instead of settling for second. It's not the 4-1 result that's the problem, it's the manager's attitude. When was the last time the team played well in both halves of a match? It's hard to recall. 4-1 in isolation is a decent result. 4-1 in the context of what we needed to do tonight is a consolation result. 4-1 in terms of the performance over 90 minutes and in relation to this season and the nine that went before is just an uptick before the shattering next crash. Nothing is moving forward at this club, there's not a hint of progression. Hell, we even have fans arguing over whether we are stagnating or regressing! The optimistic ones argue we are stagnating.

Xhaka Can’t
09-12-2014, 10:35 PM
We're stagressing.

Chippy
09-12-2014, 10:37 PM

I would start Podolski on Saturday! No brainer! I actually thought we played well tonight! Makes a nice fucking change! :)

Letters
09-12-2014, 10:40 PM
If you're moaning because we didn't win 6-0 then you're being ridiculous.
Good result, great to see Ramsey getting goals, was it his 2nd that was the ridiculous one?
Hopefully he can find some form now.

Power n Glory
09-12-2014, 10:46 PM
That goal from Ramsey was absolutely crazy. Wonder strike!

Niall_Quinn
09-12-2014, 10:51 PM
If you're moaning because we didn't win 6-0 then you're being ridiculous.
Good result, great to see Ramsey getting goals, was it his 2nd that was the ridiculous one?
Hopefully he can find some form now.

I moaning because we actually could have won that 6-0, but when the opportunity presented itself we had to pass it up because Wenger had already written the game off. You can see by his squad selection he had no intention of chasing Dortmund and had already settled for second. It's that mentality I'm moaning about. We won 4-1 having only played for 45 mins and with Sanogo on the pitch. Why not play for 90 and see what happens? He never does. He always does the barest minimum.

Dein-machine
09-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Please , before anyone else decides to post that we looked good tonight - just watch highlights of this & the home game - Galatasary are the worst team we've come across in the C.L for a very long time.
The fact we couldn't punish a non-league strength defence more than we did is embarrassing.
Leicester or Burnley would have put 5 or 6 past this lot.

Xhaka Can’t
09-12-2014, 11:26 PM
Galatasaray literally lose all their games by 5 or 6.

Marc Overmars
09-12-2014, 11:43 PM
That goal from Ramsey was absolutely crazy. Wonder strike!

Only ever seen those go in on FIFA tbh.

Ridiculous strike.

Dein-machine
09-12-2014, 11:47 PM
Galatasaray literally lose all their games by 5 or 6.

Not in the Turkish league, equivalent of our Rymans

Xhaka Can’t
09-12-2014, 11:48 PM
Not in the Turkish league, equivalent of our Rymans

Exactly.

They literally lose all their European games by 5 or 6.

Check it out if you don't believe me.

Marc Overmars
09-12-2014, 11:51 PM
I would start Podolski on Saturday! No brainer! I actually thought we played well tonight! Makes a nice fucking change! :)

Podolski starting meaningful games. :lol:

He's probably been fined a weeks wages for daring to score.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Please , before anyone else decides to post that we looked good tonight - just watch highlights of this & the home game - Galatasary are the worst team we've come across in the C.L for a very long time.
The fact we couldn't punish a non-league strength defence more than we did is embarrassing.

Great post.

Alpha
10-12-2014, 12:31 AM
You can make people happy by picking a sqaud to do the job and playing players in their proper positions. You can make people happy by not bringing on a 17 year old kid and playing him out of position. You can make people happy by going for first instead of settling for second. It's not the 4-1 result that's the problem, it's the manager's attitude. When was the last time the team played well in both halves of a match? It's hard to recall. 4-1 in isolation is a decent result. 4-1 in the context of what we needed to do tonight is a consolation result. 4-1 in terms of the performance over 90 minutes and in relation to this season and the nine that went before is just an uptick before the shattering next crash. Nothing is moving forward at this club, there's not a hint of progression. Hell, we even have fans arguing over whether we are stagnating or regressing! The optimistic ones argue we are stagnating.

No one denied that mistakes have been made and a change is needed .But not recognising the great job which has been done throughout is taking things for granted .
I admit that is humain nature . Not only in football . In every walk of life when people have inherited some privileges due to hard work of their predecessors , they tend to take it for granted .
Coming back to today result , the kids deserves all credits . Garatassaray is a " big team" not a great but when playing at home with their noisy fans , the atmosphere is quite intimidating . Many big team have left that ground with their tails between their legs . You can count Liverpool , Juventus , and Manchester United among Garatassaray victims .

Niall_Quinn
10-12-2014, 12:35 AM
You can only beat what's put in front of you and the team did that.

Shame the manager wasn't a bit more ambitious. Starting to calm down a bit now. There were plenty of positives. Podolski taking his chance. Ramsey showing he has it in him to be one of Europe's best midfielders. Ox kicking the shit out of their "enforcer". Even Merts not fucking up completely and totally. The players did okay tonight.

And I suppose, grudgingly, on balance the chance of us overhauling Dortmund was slim enough to make it acceptable to prioritise the Newcastle game. I guess it's 10 years of watching us "nearly" do stuff that triggers the overwhelming frustration.

Was reading Red Cafe. I swear those guys like our club more than we do. It's a bit embarrassing really.

Anyway, this is one of the best goals of all time. No shitting. This is a magnificent goal.

https://vine.co/v/OrxHAvEaZQn/embed

AFC Leveller
10-12-2014, 07:39 AM
I moaning because we actually could have won that 6-0, but when the opportunity presented itself we had to pass it up because Wenger had already written the game off. You can see by his squad selection he had no intention of chasing Dortmund and had already settled for second. It's that mentality I'm moaning about. We won 4-1 having only played for 45 mins and with Sanogo on the pitch. Why not play for 90 and see what happens? He never does. He always does the barest minimum.

Defeatist mentality. Wenger is a loser now.

Letters
10-12-2014, 07:50 AM
They've only conceded 6 goals once in the CL in the last 3 years and that was Real Madrid who, I think we can all agree, are a bit better than us. They've been the whipping boys this year but no-one has put 5 or 6 past them.

Gooner23
10-12-2014, 07:58 AM
Yeah but they were definitely there for the taking yesterday. Except we stopped playing at half time. Almost as if the players didn't know they had a chance to get top. I don't blame Wenger for resting players really but the team on the pitch could definitely have bagged a couple more goals if theyd gone for it in 2nd half.

Özim
10-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Turkish teams have shown over the years that when there's nothing to play for they don't turn up. Nothing result that changes nothing, I put no value on this result, it just helps Wenger mask all the issues at the club.

Letters
10-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Turkish teams have shown over the years that when there's nothing to play for they don't turn up. Nothing result that changes nothing, I put no value on this result, it just helps Wenger mask all the issues at the club.

Or, we could just enjoy a good performance and result :shrug:
No, of course it doesn't change any of our problems but if you can't enjoy good results like this when they come along then what's the point in following the club at all?

Power n Glory
10-12-2014, 09:52 AM
The result means little but hopefully it boosts the confidence of some players and players like Campbell and Pod at least got a run out. I hope they get to feature more this season. We need to rotate the squad more.

Power n Glory
10-12-2014, 09:54 AM
That Ramsey goal! Shit! You won't see a goal like that anytime soon.

Letters
10-12-2014, 10:24 AM

I saw a great angle of it this morning from behind our goal, you see the reactions of some of the other players who are all: :blink:

Niall_Quinn
10-12-2014, 10:28 AM

Saw one last night :sulk:

selassie
10-12-2014, 10:43 AM
First 45 minutes was the best I have seen us play for a long time. Yeah I know, second string sides for both teams, Gala are rubbish blah blah.

But despite all of that, I thought Ramsey and OX in particular were just superb, passing and moving of the highest order, they ran the show, in fact we looked good offensively period, Poldi played very well too.

Defensively we were OK too once we settled down.

It's important some of the second string perform like this because they can put increased pressure on our first XI.

selassie
10-12-2014, 10:44 AM

It will take some beating to be goal of the season, the precision and power, it was ridiculous!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
10-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Yeah but they were definitely there for the taking yesterday. Except we stopped playing at half time. Almost as if the players didn't know they had a chance to get top. I don't blame Wenger for resting players really but the team on the pitch could definitely have bagged a couple more goals if theyd gone for it in 2nd half.

I don't put any value on this result but for me when we blew a three goal lead against Anderlecht at home, and the amount of criticism Wenger (rightly) got for not shutting up shop and now we are not bold enough?.

Don't get me wrong I think in hindsight we should have topped this group all day long, but the reason we didnt had nothing to do with last night.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
10-12-2014, 11:18 AM
What I find amusing is that people equate enjoying a match or performance to a defence of the manager, people are able to look at the bigger picture you know? We all know he isn't good enough. But like it or not he's still with us, so surely it makes sense to try and enjoy it when we don't play like cunts

Power n Glory
10-12-2014, 11:34 AM
I saw a great angle of it this morning from behind our goal, you see the reactions of some of the other players who are all: :blink:

Chesney's reaction was classic. :lol:

Such a sweetly struck shot.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Sanogo's reaction. :lol:

Obviously didn't know players could do that.

Niall_Quinn
10-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Ramsey's shot was from 28.7 yds out, flew at 53.4mph and took 1.1 seconds from boot to net.

That lunatic Podolski though... 15.4yds out on an angle, flew at 78.8mph :yikes: and took 0.4 seconds from boot to goal. Nobody is stopping that, in fact it would be highly inadvisable to try.

rodders
10-12-2014, 12:58 PM
I am probably in the minority but I did not think we played very well even in the first half ,gave the ball away with alarming regularity and dispossessed too easily. What we did was take the chances we had for which I am grateful , the overall performance was not great.

Özim
10-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Or, we could just enjoy a good performance and result :shrug:
No, of course it doesn't change any of our problems but if you can't enjoy good results like this when they come along then what's the point in following the club at all?

Yeah you could, just as you can enjoy a meaningless friendly.

Good results in isolation (against poor teams) don't really provide a lot of enjoyment, what does it progression and a feeling that your team are moving towards something better than before.

We got hammered last season several times, in between we laboured to some wins, it was hardly enjoyable and we never looked like a particularly good side, just as we don't this season.

Letters
10-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Stop watching then.

Globalgunner
10-12-2014, 01:08 PM
It wasnt the greatest performance but coming on the heels of Saturdays stinker at Stoke. It was good to see us playing football and competing with tenacity. I must confess that I spend most of my time watching Juve -Athletico Madrid. It was 0-0 but still a heck of a game. Simeone would do wonders with the talent in our squad.

Highlights were the goals of course. I really am in awe of Podolski. My oh my, what a cannonball of a left foot. Ramsey has taken his spinach pills again it seems

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-12-2014, 07:11 PM
Yeah you could, just as you can enjoy a meaningless friendly.

Good results in isolation (against poor teams) don't really provide a lot of enjoyment, what does it progression and a feeling that your team are moving towards something better than before.

We got hammered last season several times, in between we laboured to some wins, it was hardly enjoyable and we never looked like a particularly good side, just as we don't this season.

Excellent post.

Ernesto
10-12-2014, 07:58 PM
If Podolski does come into the starting XI, and I'd absolutely love for him to do so, who would he replace? To be fair, for the short time he came on on Saturday against Stoke last Saturday, he gave us an energy without actually being on the ball so much. It was strange. Take Giroud off and suddenly we look purposeful and enterprising.

Xhaka Can’t
10-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Excellent post.
Wonderful!

Epic!

Brilliance!

Wonderful epic brilliance!

Letters
10-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Excellent post.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You're a c***!

Why isn't this working?
I'm being so brave :(

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-12-2014, 08:45 PM
:lol: What are they smoking over there in the mods section?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
10-12-2014, 09:20 PM
If only for the return to form of Rambo...yesterday was positive. we have some tricky games coming up and it doesn't hurt for Ramsey to up his confidence on sub par opposition. If he touches last seasons form he will be one of the best in the country and it's pretty tiring watching our players only coming to form in isolation and alternatively.