13-12-2014, 07:29 PM
We won.
Cracking goals from birthday boy and BIF

Marc Overmars
13-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Yay

fakeyank
13-12-2014, 07:33 PM
That was a great game. We were good for the entire duration of the game... havent seen matches like this in years! Not a surprising thing that we perform so well when we play 2 up front. I can :haha: :pal: at those dumbasses (on this message board) who said playing 2 up top is not possible..

Other than that, Bellerin was really good today.

Wenger proving his doubters wrong! :bow:

Master Splinter
13-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Good win. Good performance. Would have been even more comfortable if not for a cheating referee.

WUMger has stumbled onto a good combination of attacking players. Although Welbeck was poor and we would have been even more incisive if Walcott or Podolski from the other day was playing in his place. Bellerin really made a difference down the right side too. He probably won't play again now though with Debuchy back.

Cazorla excellent. Sanchez sloppy but always inventive and dangerous. Giroud slick and linking it all together.

Debuchy was barely tested as were mostly on the front foot.

All in all, an enjoyable game and an impressive result against an in-form team considering we had a whole first XI out. Hopefully, we stick with this more attacking formation if it continues to work. WUMger might not be able to interfere with our midfielders all dead.

Happy birthday Cazorla. :scarf:

Chippy
13-12-2014, 07:41 PM
We won.
Cracking goals from birthday boy and BIF
Surprisingly good performance. Really pleased with Bellarin. Still need players in January. Wenger is dreaming if he thinks otherwise.

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Our performance was watchable, even entertaining at times.

Good finishing, much more pace to our build up play, less passing backwards. More accuracy in the passing.

Ox is getting better every game. He's starting to have more and more influence on matches. His positive play and the pace he injects opens things up for everyone around him. Hopefully we can keep him fit.

Mason was appalling.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-12-2014, 07:55 PM
Excellent Atmosphere at the Emirates

After Stoke, fans no matter whether they are Wenger in or Wenger out deserved better and we got it

Fun to watch, lovely goals....much needed result!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Mason was appalling.

He was, he really was

Xhaka Can’t
13-12-2014, 08:17 PM
Really pleased we got a result and kicked some ass. Hopefully we can build some momentum to take us through Christmas and into the new year

AFC Leveller
13-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Newcastle at home is one of the easiest games we usualy have in a season and so it proved. Cazorla was our best player again and we looked dangerous from all areas.

Giroud got a good brace and he wanted the hatrick but wumger denied him. Welbz didnt get any goals but his positibe play got the pen and he was wrongly penalised in the first half when he got a decent goal.

Alpha
13-12-2014, 08:49 PM
A really good game . We haven't had something like this for ages . I'm glad , at least , most fans are finally happy today . You can't win all games and you can't also lose all games .
Bellerin was good at the RB and Debuchy sorted himself out at the CB position . He seemed more reassuring than Monreal .
Cazorla scored but was a bit poor .His experience prevailed .

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Yay we're gonna win the league

Bumble
13-12-2014, 09:52 PM
Best we have played in a while. The early goal did the team wonders. Scored some really good goals and we didn't crumble when they for goal back. Next up Liverpool which is a place we struggle and think we can win there and the confidence will ooze.....Well until we lose against some dross and become all doomsayers again.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Best we have played in a while. The early goal did the team wonders. Scored some really good goals and we didn't crumble when they for goal back. Next up Liverpool which is a place we struggle and think we can win there and the confidence will ooze.....Well until we lose against some dross and become all doomsayers again.

Koscielny out for the next few weeks, to say i'm not looking forward to that game is an understatement....even against a Liverpool side in the sorriest state that i've seen them for many years....we cannot go to Anfield and play like we did tonight. By that i mean just go out all guns blazing, even with their inability to score goals they could punish us if we give away the ball.

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Koscielny out for the next few weeks, to say i'm not looking forward to that game is an understatement....even against a Liverpool side in the sorriest state that i've seen them for many years....we cannot go to Anfield and play like we did tonight. By that i mean just go out all guns blazing, even with their inability to score goals they could punish us if we give away the ball.

:lol:

I wouldn't worry about that.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
13-12-2014, 10:06 PM
:lol:

I wouldn't worry about that.

Good luck for tomorrow, even with Van Gaal's determination to ruin all his players with hamstring injuries i think you'll need it.

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2014, 10:58 PM
How has Mason not red carded Tiote for that kick at Alexis? It's incredible.

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2014, 11:00 PM
How has Mason ruled out that Welbeck goal? It's beyond belief.

So many incompetent decisions from refs, all affecting the same teams and benefiting the same teams. Amazing coincidence because as we know, refs couldn't possibly be cheating. That would be impossible in such a clean sport.

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Santi for staying on his feet :bow:

The exact opposite of those chav cheats.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-12-2014, 01:09 AM
Welbeck clearly tugged him

Good decision.

Letters
14-12-2014, 02:02 AM
Good luck for tomorrow, even with Van Gaal's determination to ruin all his players with hamstring injuries i think you'll need it.

Yes, Bibbles, could you try not to be so crap, just this once. You may resume being crap after that :tiphat:

Letters
14-12-2014, 02:18 AM
3 very good goals, 4 if you include Welbeck's - very soft foul given against him, lovely dinked finish.
Cheeky pel, one of those ones where it looks nice when it goes in but the 'keeper might just stand there and catch it.

Overall, looked like a good performance. Good to see a convincing win.

Harland
14-12-2014, 05:08 AM
Debuchy was very good, as was Bellerin going forward. Very very pleasing performance especially from the front 3. Wonder what is going to happen when Ozil and Walcott are fit.

Slight negatives in that I thought it showed again that the passing range of Gibbs and especially Flamini is not good enough.

The referee was absolutely woeful. I think there needs to be a serious inquest on how we always get our players in the book for the small niggly fouls but opposition players need to pull out a fully loaded gun before the referee even thinks about reaching for his whistle.

Onwards to Liverpool, not too sure which Arsenal is going to turn up for that.

Shaqiri Is Boss
14-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Yes, Bibbles, could you try not to be so crap, just this once. You may resume being crap after that :tiphat:

No can do I'm afraid.

We'll be shit this week as we'll be shit next week.

Kolo Toure was our player of the month ffs. And the worst thing, he deserved it.

mr_brighterside
14-12-2014, 11:32 AM
not quite as many posts as after Stoke :lol:

good performance up front and result but defending sounded pants. let's see if we can win a few more in the league. we are 13 points behind chelski and I don't see the gap shrinking.

Alpha
14-12-2014, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=She Wore A Yellow Ribbon;435620]Welbeck clearly tugged him
That was never a foul . They were both fighting for the ball . They held each other . Either it was a foul on both players or just game on . The latter could have been the fairer decision. Bad referring.

Letters
14-12-2014, 01:37 PM
No can do I'm afraid.

We'll be shit this week as we'll be shit next week.

And yet still beat us, obviously.

The Emirates Gallactico
14-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Good win and good performance apart form the odd dodgy defensive moment, though given we're resorting to whoever's available to fill in it's explainable. Not justifiable though as Wenger should have brought better cover.

Giroud especially looked quality. Really looked like he wanted to make up for last week's horror show, same thing with Santi.

Really like having both Welbeck and Giroud up front. Having both of them really causes opposition defenders more problems as it's two physical bodies able to rough them up and get among it. Like someone else said, I wonder what this is going to mean for the likes of Ozil, Jack and Theo ..... but then again it's their problem. We can't build formations and tactics for specific players, especially if they're injury prone.

Bring on Liverpool!

3 very good goals, 4 if you include Welbeck's - very soft foul given against him, lovely dinked finish.
Cheeky pel, one of those ones where it looks nice when it goes in but the 'keeper might just stand there and catch it.

Overall, looked like a good performance. Good to see a convincing win.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You're a c***

Letters
14-12-2014, 03:02 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You're a c***
:(

-Xs-
14-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Thought we played a good game. Was actually enjoyable to watch, always looked dangerous going forward. Played with purpose as opposed to spending 90 mins just pissing about with the ball

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Thought we played a good game. Was actually enjoyable to watch, always looked dangerous going forward. Played with purpose as opposed to spending 90 mins just pissing about with the ball

Agreed, i also am given cause to wonder how much of that was a result of not having players like Ramsey, Wilshere etc avaliable where we played in a much more direct way.

The Emirates Gallactico
14-12-2014, 09:38 PM
:(

I was actually meaning to say boo urns. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C10bE4yGPMw