PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Southampton (away).

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Well, what an omnishambles we are.

We can't do anything significant until somebody gets a grip on the injury situation because Wenger is obviously letting the players that are out there do whatever the hell they like.

Harland
01-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Soulless performance. Ridiculous

Marc Overmars
01-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Didn't watch it. Don't care.
Arsenal. :haha:

Happy new year!

A Gunner
01-01-2015, 05:00 PM
That was the most shambolic defensive display I've ever seen...

Özil's Panoramic View
01-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Wenger has to walk after what we witnessed today, surely?

Won't get into blaming our mostly dross disguised as players. He buys and trains them.

adzzzbatch
01-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Look I don't want him to get cancer or die in a fire but I want the tosspot wenger to fuck off now.

rodders
01-01-2015, 05:02 PM
For gods sake go Arsene fed up with excuses your dragging this club into oblvion.

selassie
01-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Hardly a surprise losing to a top 4 rival away. The team we put out today was a mess. If we dont sort out this injury situation we're finishing no higher than 5th or 6 IMO.

Master Splinter
01-01-2015, 05:10 PM
Being hit by two more injuries before the match has to be taken into account. We already have a complete midfield depleted, but now it's so bad that Flamini's presence is actually missed.

Having said that, Wenger was conservative with his team selection again and threw Chambers into his 46th position of the season in an away match against a very good team.

An awful performance, moronic individual errors and wasteful finishing compounded by more refereeing incompetence leading to another self-made farce.

Also, we should buy Wanyama, Tiote, Ramires and Fernandinho and we'll be untouchable. These guys aren't even English FFS.

Niall_Quinn
01-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Two crappy performances against QPR and WHU but grabbed 6 points against inferior teams. 3 more points today and we have momentum. So he plays an inexperienced, experimental midfield against the likes of Wayafoulmeister. Pure insanity. That was the FIRST area we needed to nail down and gain control of. No excuses acceptable for that team selection.

Then when it was plain we couldn't establish anything in the middle and the back and front were completely disconnected Wenger sits there and watches. We conceded the goals and rather than fix the problem he brings Walcott on to do who the fuck knows what. If you can't get the ball then you don't need Walcott. Of course Walcott didn't get a touch. Obviously.

Neither did his other masterstroke sub Akpom, poor bastard. How incompetent is this manager? What's the lower limit and how close are we to bottom?

Ches so bad it was funny.
Gibbs so bad it was unfunny, because we've seen the same ineffective shit from him too many times and nobody is doing a damn thing about it.

Can't blame the defence 100%, they had nothing in front of them and when the ball was being handed back to Soton it left the defence exposed. However, for the actual goals what a disaster from the likes of Kos and Debuchy. So much more expected from them. Just a simple foot trough the ball is all that's needed in these moments but they just can't do it.

Up front Wenger had them lobbing in speculative crosses with Santi in the box, flanked by Gibbs. You couldn't make it up. The guy has completely lost the plot. He's such a useless football manager now. Might be great in the vaults and boardroom, but shit whenever he's anywhere near a football pitch.

Ref was a cheat as usual but it didn't affect the game. We were fortunate not to get hammered by A Soton also missing key players.

fakeyank
01-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Best part of the game was the fan trolling Wenger

Munchies
01-01-2015, 05:34 PM
33 points from 20 games.. lowest points tally since 94/95 when Arsenal ended up finishing 12th

topgun
01-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Stagnating Manager = stagnating team, not much more to say.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Best part of the game was the fan trolling Wenger

Worst part of the game was Wenger trolling the fans.

AFC Leveller
01-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Two massive howlers cost us the gale but its nothing new and we know who to point the finger at.

Chambers was so shit it was unreal and the GK needs to be dropped. why does he need to stand out every game? he loves the attentio he gets and really needs to be benched now.

these embaressing performances just keep coming and there is plenty more where that came from. the only positive is liverpool and west ham drew so we remain 5th but if spuds win then we go 6th.

wenger out.

adzzzbatch
01-01-2015, 05:54 PM
33 points from 20 games.. lowest points tally since 94/95 when Arsenal ended up finishing 12th

Great omen.

Alpha
01-01-2015, 06:04 PM
I didn't watch the game until the 74th minutes . The score tells the whole story : we have been crap throughout the game . It was sure one of those games to forget . Coquelin had a very good game though .

People who watched the whole game seem to be eaten by their emotions and can't describe to us what really happened . It hurt when we lose but we can not afford to lose our heads for that .
It is not the first game we have lost and it is not the last either .

topgun
01-01-2015, 06:13 PM
The scoreline flattered us as well,it could easily have been four or five ,it was that bad.

rodders
01-01-2015, 06:23 PM
Another Wenger inflicted humiliation

Chippy
01-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Well, what an omnishambles we are.

We can't do anything significant until somebody gets a grip on the injury situation because Wenger is obviously letting the players that are out there do whatever the hell they like.
We are very poor, simple. To make things even more depressing, the scum are going to beat the chavs! FFS

Alpha
01-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Two massive howlers cost us the gale but its nothing new and we know who to point the finger at.

Chambers was so shit it was unreal and the GK needs to be dropped. why does he need to stand out every game? he loves the attentio he gets and really needs to be benched now.

these embaressing performances just keep coming and there is plenty more where that came from. the only positive is liverpool and west ham drew so we remain 5th but if spuds win then we go 6th.

wenger out.

Very interesting point . Wojciech makes so many costly mistakes and is always assured of his place as if we do not have a capable sub . Give Ospina a few chances and he will show us what he is made of . That will also improve Szczesny 's game .
It was of naive of wenger to throw Chambers in this game against his former team . There are always some nerves involved . Calum has had some bad spell lately . Wenger could have done it with Coquelin and Either Rosiky or Cazorla to protect the back 4 .
It is always risky to put two young and inexperienced players in a such a crucial position .

Munchies
01-01-2015, 07:57 PM
The fan who taunted Wenger was a gooner :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30651522

fakeyank
01-01-2015, 08:05 PM
It's going to get ugly with Wenger. There is no other way that man will leave the job. These abuses will only increase and if we do fuck up 4th place (which I hope we do) then he will be starting at the deep end of his tenure.

adzzzbatch
01-01-2015, 08:09 PM
The fan who taunted Wenger was a gooner :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30651522

:haha:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Counter Intuitive to want us to finish outside the top four

Wenger is here till 2017 (at least) whether we like it or not regardless of whether we finish in the top four this season, and even if he was pushed it makes us less attractive to potential managers.

Niall_Quinn
01-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Very interesting point . Wojciech makes so many costly mistakes and is always assured of his place as if we do not have a capable sub . Give Ospina a few chances and he will show us what he is made of . That will also improve Szczesny 's game .
It was of naive of wenger to throw Chambers in this game against his former team . There are always some nerves involved . Calum has had some bad spell lately . Wenger could have done it with Coquelin and Either Rosiky or Cazorla to protect the back 4 .
It is always risky to put two young and inexperienced players in a such a crucial position .

I'd say incompetent more than risky. Or maybe supremely arrogant, or senile, or delusional. Risky is when there's at least a realistic chance a gamble will pay off, what Wenger did today was so awful it not only destroyed the middle but also wiped out the defence and attack. It was the best fuck up of the year so far and he's had a good few.

fakeyank
01-01-2015, 08:14 PM

Wenger is here till 2017 (at least) whether we like it or not regardless of whether we finish in the top four this season, and even if he was pushed it makes us less attractive to potential managers.
He won't be here till 2017 if we get outside the top 4 and he continues his style of management. The fans are slowly but surely turning against him.. even the believers are turning into his critic. He wont survive till 2017 at this rate.

Niall_Quinn
01-01-2015, 08:17 PM

Started the season wanting to give the guy a chance now he had some money to spend. Ended the Christmas period wanting him out as an absolute priority. It's not that we are losing, drawing, winning, it's not even that we play shit football (which we do). It's because this guy is making me wonder if I even give a fuck about football at all. I can't bear seeing the same thing over and over, knowing what's going to happen in advance. I just want to see something different - even if it's worse.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-01-2015, 08:18 PM
He won't be here till 2017 if we get outside the top 4 and he continues his style of management. The fans are slowly but surely turning against him.. even the believers are turning into his critic. He wont survive till 2017 at this rate.

I'm confused what's that got to do with anything

Fans opinions don't matter to the board.

To be honest I've seen what finishing outside the top four did to Liverpool no thanks....if that's what it takes to get rid of Wenger, it's at too high a price

adzzzbatch
01-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Started the season wanting to give the guy a chance now he had some money to spend. Ended the Christmas period wanting him out as an absolute priority. It's not that we are losing, drawing, winning, it's not even that we play shit football (which we do). It's because this guy is making me wonder if I even give a fuck about football at all. I can't bear seeing the same thing over and over, knowing what's going to happen in advance. I just want to see something different - even if it's worse.

:gp: Me too!!

fakeyank
01-01-2015, 08:25 PM
I'm confused what's that got to do with anything

Fans opinions don't matter to the board.

To be honest I've seen what finishing outside the top four did to Liverpool no thanks....if that's what it takes to get rid of Wenger, it's at too high a price
Fans opinion will matter a lot when he will be regularly booed.
When you finish outside the top 4, the board is not happy either as their bank balance is not increasing so they will also be more inclined for change.

As for you looking at Liverpool, I'd point to UTD and tell you to look at them. They haven't done too bad, have they? Why do we keep looking at the failures of others to justify not making a change? Why not look at others success? We have played the scared to make change card many times.. it's time for a change.

Xhaka Can’t
01-01-2015, 08:37 PM
I didn't watch the game until the 74th minutes . The score tells the whole story : we have been crap throughout the game . It was sure one of those games to forget . Coquelin had a very good game though .

People who watched the whole game seem to be eaten by their emotions and can't describe to us what really happened . It hurt when we lose but we can not afford to lose our heads for that .
It is not the first game we have lost and it is not the last either .
Really?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-01-2015, 09:32 PM
When you finish outside the top 4, the board is not happy either as their bank balance is not increasing so they will also be more inclined for change.

As for you looking at Liverpool, I'd point to UTD and tell you to look at them. They haven't done too bad, have they? Why do we keep looking at the failures of others to justify not making a change? Why not look at others success? We have played the scared to make change card many times.. it's time for a change.

I'm not trying to compare us to other clubs, I'm simply saying I would be fearful for our prospects if we didnt finish 4th. People think things are bad now, but there is a whole other level of shit we could find ourselves in.
If Wenger finished outside the top four this season he would be kept on, next season after that not sure and yes he certainly wouldn't be given a new deal. But short of getting us relegated I don't think there is anything he can do which would prompt the board to unseat him before then.
But again we know from experience that Wenger never fails hard enough to put his job in jeopardy. Our points total this season has been shocking, and yet we are only three points away from 4th, four points away from 3rd.... Which seems to indicate that our competition for these places isn't particularly anything great either.

Letters
01-01-2015, 09:35 PM
As for you looking at Liverpool, I'd point to UTD and tell you to look at them. They haven't done too bad, have they? Why do we keep looking at the failures of others to justify not making a change? Why not look at others success?
How many clubs (aside from the billionaire-fueled clubs) have been a success by changing managers vs how many have failed or stagnated?
We need to move on from Wenger but what we don't want to do is to then become a club constantly changing manager with increasing desperation.
That's why it needs to be planned carefully, especially given how involved Wenger is in all aspects of the club.

fakeyank
01-01-2015, 10:09 PM
How many clubs (aside from the billionaire-fueled clubs) have been a success by changing managers vs how many have failed or stagnated?
We need to move on from Wenger but what we don't want to do is to then become a club constantly changing manager with increasing desperation.
That's why it needs to be planned carefully, especially given how involved Wenger is in all aspects of the club.

Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Barcelona, Athletico, Man Utd (so far this season) have done well with different managers. Even I do not want our club to become a club constantly changing managers but I also do not want to be scared of change if there is a need. Right now, we are being stubborn sticking with Wenger despite the fact that change is needed right now. This to me is unacceptable when you want to be rolling with the top dogs in Europe. As these defeats become more frequent, I am sure the board will draw up a contingency plan (if they havent started already) for Wengers replacement.

He is very quickly losing all the goodwill he had from fans and soon it'll be the board. Its just a matter of time now and frankly speaking, I cant wait!

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-01-2015, 10:27 PM
Lovely result to come home to..... I despair. The fat ginger Dutchman going on about how they can finish above Arsenal should have been motivation alone.....

Lame.

Chippy
01-01-2015, 10:44 PM

Bloody good answer.

Letters
02-01-2015, 12:30 PM
Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Barcelona, Athletico, Man Utd (so far this season) have done well with different managers.
Is that the Dortmund currently in the relegation zone? :unsure:
And Utd...well, they crashed and burned when Moyes became manager, he took the reigning champions into 7th.
This season they've picked up a bit having attempted to bought their way out of trouble but they're only 4 points above us.
It's interesting you think that's them 'doing well' and we're in crisis, 4 points below them.

There are examples where changing manager helps, obviously, but sometimes only in the short term. Whatever you think of Wenger he's always thought about our long term future and deserves credit for that if nothing else. He's so deeply involved with all aspects of the club that his departure needs to be carefully planned.

The Emirates Gallactico
02-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Sigh ....... I really thought we were due a decent performance and we would get it against Southampton who despite being a good team aren't really that better than us.

Honestly, even though we were poor I don't think Southampton were that much better than us; a nil nil wouldn't have been that undeserved. That being said the two complete blunders on our end for the goals were just so moronic that we did deserve to lose that. Stuff you wouldn't see at under 13 level, let alone among supposed highly paid professionals.

I'm really getting sick and tired of Sczechny. I've defended him for ages but the sad fact of the matter is that he hasn't improved at all since he's been number one. If you look at the vast improvements made by other top young keepers such as De Gea and Courtois, who are now lighting up the league it becomes even more evident how poor he is....... in fact he's probably regressed ........ mid table GK if that. His decision making and judgement is still absolutely shocking. And when was the last time he ever won a game for us like they have for their teams? If Petr Cech is available and Mourinho is willing to give him to us, there should be no questions asked about it. Also we really need to fire Gerry Peyton and get someone better in because I don't think it's a coincidence that our recent succession of GK's here have been utter shit. I mean look how well Fabianski looks now at Swansea despite looking hopeless here at times.

The attack was useless again apart from a few moments of quality from the Ox. And having to rely on two kids to anchor the midfield against beasts like Wanyama .......... it's the result of poor planning from Wenger, stockpiling AM's and thinking he can leave a critical part of the team to an aging and makeshift Arteta or a freebie from Milan who has zero discipline. Indefensible.

All in all, an impotent attack combined with shit tier individual mistakes - a lethal combination.

The fan running onto the pitch to confront Wenger just capped of the misery. I know people are rightly frustrated but there's no need for that; you don't what type of psycho's there are these days. It's just a game at the end of the day.

I think worse than the loss is just how deflated and unenthusiastic the fanbase has become as seen from above with MO not even watching the game. Even though I thought the abuse at train station and running on the pitch was OTT, I seriously applaud the away support for their commitment in this current time of mediocrity and despair. Best fans in the league tbh.

GP
02-01-2015, 02:40 PM
I still think his shot stopping and ball handling are excellent, but his decision making is really poor right now. If Ospina is fit now he needs to start.

BOBN
02-01-2015, 07:53 PM
The MOTD commentator killed me, hollering Chesney will need a stronger drink than that when the goal went in :haha:

Munchies
05-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Wojciech Szczesny slapped with £20,000 fine for SMOKING in showers - Daily Mirror

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6nuKk5IUAAoD3Z.jpg