PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Stoke (home).

McNamara That Ghost...
11-01-2015, 03:24 PM
Well done.

Alexis destroying the opposition again. Stoke with a clean game.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Personally I think this thread was started too fast.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-01-2015, 03:28 PM
another easy win just like last sunday, marred by the casual thuggishness of Marko Anautovic

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 03:28 PM
Also I'd like to acknowledge pirate streams and the vital role they play in society, a way to view a good game and good result without having to pay Sky.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 03:29 PM
another easy win just like last sunday, marred by the casual thuggishness of Marko Anautovic

Excellent spelling tbf.

Alpha
Very good game but disappointing scoreline . It should have been at least 5-0 .
Up the gunners . Happy day for goonners .

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
Also I'd like to acknowledge pirate streams and the vital role they play in society, a way to view a good game and good result without having to pay Sky.

I hope the commentators were foreign, would have made more sense

Maestro
11-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Rozza, Coq, Ox, Santi & Alexis were all disciplined, worked hard and brilliant going forward in the face of scrote thuggery. a very good display today.

....Sanchez, just stop it, really getting ridiculous

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Alexis is the best player in this league. But shhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell Sky or the media.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Excellent spelling tbf.

well the red jagged line made an appearance but i am not even entirely convinced thuggishness is a word (certainly not how i've spelt it)

fakeyank
Coquelin is really stepping up. I'm liking what I see!! Seriously hope he is not dropped when Denilson II returns!

Maestro
Rozza, Coq, Ox, Santi & Alexis were all disciplined, worked hard and brilliant going forward in the face of scrote thuggery. a very good display today.

PS* Selection was spot on by the ostrich today

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 03:35 PM
I'm also convinced that when Alexis hit it along the ground he was trying to get it under the wall. If I had to guess, I'd say if he was trying to get it over the wall he would have hit it higher.

Globalgunner
11-01-2015, 03:36 PM

Coquelin has been doing well. Lets hope Wenger doesn't fuck it up by putting his favourites back in when they are available

McNamara That Ghost...
11-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Carragher with a power and pace for Alexis and Mesut each.

Globalgunner
11-01-2015, 03:38 PM
well the red jagged line made an appearance but i am not even entirely convinced thuggishness is a word (certainly not how i've spelt it)

Im pretty sure Anatautovic is missing an r somewhere too

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Coquelin has been doing well. Lets hope Wenger doesn't fuck it up by putting his favourites back in when they are available

Didn't think Coq was as good as everyone was making out in previous games, but he played well today. Liked the way he was winning it back in the final third and keeping the pressure on. Also he was a lot more disciplined in his tackling, think somebody may have had a word. In which case, fair play.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 03:39 PM

But it's pretty damn close. A really good effort. I spelled it foulingcuntwhoshouldhavebeensentoffatleasttwice. I also got the red line.

Master Splinter
11-01-2015, 03:39 PM
Not withstanding Walcott's horrible miss, we should have scored at least 5. But we are averse to hammering teams now. Feo better sort it out by next week though.

All in all, a very good performance, with the only downside being the ref as usual and his blatant commandeering of Stoke's anti-football and anti-human gameplan.

Sanchez :bow: :bow:.

Cazorla is in the best form of his Arsenal career. Playing wonderfully. Expect him to be dropped for Ozil next week.

Ox excellent again too.

Coquelin, apart from his occasional errant passes, has looked really comfortable and has given us a fluency along with Rosicky who has sparked into life now that he's been set free from the knackers yard.

Ozil a bit shit. Possibly stealing a living.

Stoke pure scum. Officials devastatingly obvious in their cheating. Commentators disappointed that fair and honest Stoke were undone by nefarious but battered and bruised and bleeding Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 03:40 PM
Is Jess Ennis fuckable or not? I can never decide.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Not withstanding Walcott's horrible miss, we should have scored at least 5. But we are averse to hammering teams now. Feo better sort it out by next week though.

All in all, a very good performance, with the only downside being the ref as usual and his blatant commandeering of Stoke's anti-football and anti-human gameplan.

Sanchez :bow: :bow:.

Cazorla is in the best form of his Arsenal career. Playing wonderfully. Expect him to be dropped for Ozil next week.

Ox excellent again too.

Coquelin, apart from his occasional errant passes, has looked really comfortable and has given us a fluency along with Rosicky who has sparked into life now that he's been set free from the knackers yard.

Ozil a bit shit. Possibly stealing a living.

Stoke pure scum. Officials devastatingly obvious in their cheating. Commentators disappointed that fair and honest Stoke were undone by nefarious but battered and bruised and bleeding Arsenal.

Strong possibility there should be a comma in "knackers"

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-01-2015, 03:42 PM

Yes but you seem to forget that even if i had spelt his name correctly it would have come up as a spelling aberration as i doubt spell checker has it's database stocked with Austrian footballers.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Not quite sure what to do with myself. I'm happy with that performance. Now what?

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Yes but you seem to forget that even if i had spelt his name correctly it would have come up as a spelling aberration as i doubt spell checker has it's database stocked with Austrian footballers.

Obviously you use Windows. Apple has all that shit built in.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-01-2015, 03:46 PM
Self inflicted dislocated shoulder for Debuchy, how careless to throw himself in to the hoardings.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Self inflicted dislocated shoulder for Debuchy, how careless to throw himself in to the hoardings.

It was the only blot on our copybook, tbf.

Marc Overmars
11-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Yay

Gooner23
11-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Yeah what an idiot for not predicting someone would cynically push him in the back when the ball was already off the pitch.

Master Splinter
11-01-2015, 04:06 PM

Strong possibility that you missed a full-stop.

And your face is shit.

Alpha
11-01-2015, 04:14 PM
The only downside of our game is we tend to give the opposition chances to come back to the game when we should have killed it off completely . We overplay and miss some easy chances which should have put us out of sight . Entertainment is good with 5 minutes to play when the score is heavy .

Globalgunner
11-01-2015, 04:20 PM
The only downside of our game is we tend to give the opposition chances to come back to the game when we should have killed it off completely . We overplay and miss some easy chances which should have put us out of sight . Entertainment is good with 5 minutes to play when the score is heavy .

I hear you. we could have absolutely smashed them, but I detest those Orcs. Any win against them is ffn brilliant!

Letters
11-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Thought we'd pub team it 2-1 or something today, nice to see a good, convincing win.
Wish I'd watched it now <_<
Will have a look at the highlights later.

BOBN
11-01-2015, 05:03 PM
No way back for Wilshere and Ramsey. Coq and Rosicky are clearly much better players and better people. Caring more about the team winning than your own personal stats goes a long way. Ironic it took 2 foreign types to actually give a damn about AFC enough to do a job in there.

Sanchez is in a class of 3. Hazard, Aguero and himself. That somebody may put the other two above him does not indicate a "Sky conspiracy" so quit crying.

Master Splinter
11-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Does BOBN even know who his audience is anymore? Or who he's arguing with?

BOBN :bow:.

Syn
11-01-2015, 05:07 PM
No way back for Wilshere and Ramsey. Coq and Rosicky are clearly much better players and better people. Caring more about the team winning than your own personal stats goes a long way. Ironic it took 2 foreign types to actually give a damn about AFC enough to do a job in there.

Sanchez is in a class of 3. Hazard, Aguero and himself. That somebody may put the other two above him does not indicate a "Sky conspiracy" so quit crying.

And as soon as Ramsey and Wilshere walk back into the team ahead of Rosicky and fucking Coquelin, that's no conspiracy either. So don't cry then you fucking idiot.

3-0 and they can't get home. Lovely win.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 05:10 PM

Great point. And if Aguero and Hazard had been mentioned in the thread it would have been an even greater point.

Master Splinter
11-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Great point. And if Aguero and Hazard had been mentioned in the thread it would have been and even greater point.

You said "and" instead of "an". :haha:

BOBN
11-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Stop.

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/71/718dfcb820016f7492890a58aa4d860065cf46ca887dc9bc9e 2fcac3ae24e296.jpg

adzzzbatch
11-01-2015, 05:24 PM
I assume stoke fans are going to boo Debuchy now?

:lol:

BOBN
11-01-2015, 05:37 PM
And as soon as Ramsey and Wilshere walk back into the team ahead of Rosicky and fucking Coquelin, that's no conspiracy either. So don't cry then you fucking idiot.

3-0 and they can't get home. Lovely win.
Warmed by the fact that women and children cant get home.

You sound like a nice person :coffee:

Injury Time
11-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Enjoyed that :faint:
Sanchez :bow:
Ref:rolleyes:
Stoke scum<_<

GP
11-01-2015, 05:54 PM
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/239186/cheating-wimps

lmao

Syn
11-01-2015, 05:55 PM

Make no mistake, I am a cunt. But they were shouting abuse at wenger 2 mins in, so fuck em.

RomfordPele
11-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Bellerin was excellent today after debuchy hurled himself into the hoardings.

He should start next week if the manager has any sense.

selassie
11-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Bellerin was excellent today after debuchy hurled himself into the hoardings.

He should start next week if the manager has any sense.

Yep, his best game for us so far, pretty much flawless performance.

selassie
11-01-2015, 06:10 PM
I thought we played well today, offensively we looked very good.

Globalgunner
11-01-2015, 06:24 PM

Do Orcs actually have children or are they belched out fully formed in the pits of Moria.

BTW that Bellend Owen has just tipped United and Liverpool to complete the top 4.

Munchies
11-01-2015, 06:39 PM
hd highlight gifs for the game

http://arsenalist.com/

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
11-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Delighted to see Sneezy not start in a way. Nothing to quell arrogance of youth like being left out.

The Coq has been unfortunate not to play more for the Arsenal as the qualities apparent in his game have been there most of the duration of his Arsenal career imo. A little like Gnabry he has shown promise but just come up against slightly too much competition. Good on the guy.......really impressive from him today and none of this timid tackling and watch em run past you bafoonery we've seen from other players in the past.

Santi again, masterful and a pleasure to see it especially as so many would have sold him during the spell they thought he wasn't up to much. Same again with Rosicky. I know his injury record isn't great but can fans honestly say they think he's finished as a player?

I love the Ox but for all his quality it far too often doesn't result in anything. Not taking a pop at him, but this is why he tends to be hauled off a little more than necessary and is mostly in and out of the team. If he can show the kind of productivity of Theo (pre injury) Wenger will be forced to play him. Theo isn't nearly as good on the ball but when he gets into the final third he has the knack of scoring or assisting.....again pre long term injury.

Even Monreal was good today. Glad the ref wasn't paying attention to Giroud pushing Shawcross' face in.

Injury Time
11-01-2015, 07:18 PM

lmao

:blink:
Shoved into the ground(after the ball had already gone), shoulder already out by time reached the hoarding- confirmed dislocated shoulder.
http://arsenalist.com/f/2014-15/arsenal-vs-stoke/push-on-debuchy.html
Elbow from freak resulting in stitching (not sure their was much intention but it's still needed a fresh shirt)
http://arsenalist.com/f/2014-15/arsenal-vs-stoke/crouch-and-nacho-collide.html
I'm handing back my season ticket in embarrassment. :sulk: :rolleyes:
Giroud caresses a shoulder of a Stoke player goes don't like he's been shot, but they're right, definitely the better rugby football team. :clap: give them the moral cup :trophy:

Coney
11-01-2015, 07:40 PM

Yes, and she does it 7 ways.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Lurch is superb at disguising his fouls, it looked a regular challenge at the time. You have to see the slowmo to see how sneaky it is. As for the assault on Debuchy, at the time I thought yellow now I see it should have been red. Both went on to complete another half dozen bookable offences each.

Xhaka Can’t
11-01-2015, 10:19 PM

lmao

:haha:

When did they start allowing computers in padded cells?

fakeyank
12-01-2015, 12:00 AM
Seriously hope no player in midfield is dropped for the fraud- Ozil. I'd be very scared if I was Cazorla!

Ernesto
12-01-2015, 07:13 AM
Is there à case for playing Rosicky every game? I'd feel far more confident with him in the middle of the park.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-01-2015, 07:58 AM
If you ignore his injury record......yes.

Alpha
12-01-2015, 08:59 AM
And his age not allowing him to play every game . But very good player when injury free and on form .

selassie
12-01-2015, 09:42 AM
Seriously hope no player in midfield is dropped for the fraud- Ozil. I'd be very scared if I was Cazorla!

Yeah I agree. I would stick with the same starting XI, with Bellerin coming in for Debuchy.

The likes of Ozil, Ramsey, Theo & Welbeck need to win back their place and earn the right to start.

Gooner23
12-01-2015, 10:34 AM
Has to be same team, injuries allowing.

LDG
12-01-2015, 11:33 AM

You meant apostrophe :pal:

The Emirates Gallactico
12-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Good win and one of our best performances of the season (finally!!).

Thoughts:

- Happy to see Wenger have the balls to drop Ches; no player should be immune to poor performances and behaviour.

- The front line is clicking very nicely and the quality is starting to shine through. No way Ramsey, Jack or Ozil should just walk back in.

- Coq did very well again and there's no question that that he should start ahead of Flamini up until we bring in a new DM (whenever that is) - at least Coq has the potential to improve and won't be at risk of getting sent off every game. Whilst we have to give him credit it's important to not fall into the trap of believing he's the solution to the problems ....... he's partly looking very impressive because of how terrible Flamini/Arteta have been and because it's a position where everyone has identified as a massive problem. To quote from a famous professor here, we still need "top top quality" in that position. However Coq has demonstrated at least enough to potentially be a second choice DM or a valuable member of the squad.

- We've missed the Kos/BFG partnership. Someone to push them and provide cover is urgently needed.

- Alexis aside still slightly perturbed by our wastefulness in front of goals at times. Has cost us before and will keep costing us.

- Stoke are a bunch of thugs .

- I want to have Alexis' babies

- We always do well against non top four teams at home - it's playing them away and also the games against the top four where we struggle so we shouldn't over react to this win. It doesn't mask the issues ....... but still it's good to smile after the disastrous game against Southampton.

Niall_Quinn
12-01-2015, 02:34 PM
You meant apostrophe :pal:

Regardless, I am still moving the debate.

Power n Glory
12-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Didn't watch this game but far from surpises by Rosicky, Coquelin and Cazorla working well in the middle.

Rosicky always brings our possession game back but with pace and fluency. He just reads the game better and is a natural conductor in the middle. He's been underused this season and shouldn't take injuries to get him on as a starter.

Gooner23
12-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Such a shame his injury record is so poor. He is a wonderful player when fit. Wilshere and Ramsey would do well to see our midfield is more dynamic when he plays.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-01-2015, 07:45 PM
I feel a little mixed up...... I enjoyed the fact we won and the how and the fact that suddenly, we have a few players back, but can we expect anything away to City?

Xhaka Can’t
12-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Other than a Sanchez brace in a three nil victory, no.

AFC Leveller
12-01-2015, 08:46 PM
This was our best performance of the season and we should have won by more goals. Rozza, Santi, Coq and of course Sanchez were immense and the back 4 defended really well.

As blink says though, away to city should be a different proposition. I have a feling he'll move Santi out wide and bring Ozil back in with Sanchez wide right. The Ox always seems to be the one to lose out in these big away games.

alexander
12-01-2015, 08:52 PM

lmao

This is why I like this site, people are pretty honest, and if we have been beaten, usually accept that it was our own fault (usually is tbf). Whom do they think they are anyway, Barca? Bloody Orcs deserved nothing.

AFC Leveller
12-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Yeah I agree. I would stick with the same starting XI, with Bellerin coming in for Debuchy.

The likes of Ozil, Ramsey, Theo & Welbeck need to win back their place and earn the right to start.

You just know Ozil will start and Santi will be pushed wide right. I exoect to see Coq and Flamini in the middle with Carozla and Sanchez on the wings, Ozil behind Bif.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-01-2015, 09:08 PM
This was our best performance of the season and we should have won by more goals. Rozza, Santi, Coq and of course Sanchez were immense and the back 4 defended really well.

As blink says though, away to city should be a different proposition. I have a feling he'll move Santi out wide and bring Ozil back in with Sanchez wide right. The Ox always seems to be the one to lose out in these big away games.

Not that City away is 3 points that should necessarily be expected in any form.....but it would be a shame to break up the momentum and feed good factor so soon with this next game. If we get one point and a decent performance I suppose we may still feel a bit better about things....

AFC Leveller
12-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Not that City away is 3 points that should necessarily be expected in any form.....but it would be a shame to break up the momentum and feed good factor so soon with this next game. If we get one point and a decent performance I suppose we may still feel a bit better about things....

A draw would keep us 5th regardless of the other results (even if its just on goal difference).

we need to go on a long unbeaten run to build up momentum and a bit of space between us and the chasing pack. I truly believe that Saints, United, LIverpool and Tottenham are all good enough to finish top 4 this season.

Niall_Quinn
12-01-2015, 09:32 PM
Wenger was saying it'll take 3 games before Ozil starts.

As for the game at the gypodrome, no chance at all we'll get anything from that. I can see us playing well enough, but something will somehow conspire to assure the loss, maybe terrible defensive lapses, a dodgy ref, an outrageous fluke. You all know how it goes in these games. Been saying for years that eventually we have to win one of these, but we never do.

Marc Overmars
12-01-2015, 10:29 PM
I feel a little mixed up...... I enjoyed the fact we won and the how and the fact that suddenly, we have a few players back, but can we expect anything away to City?

If we actually play with a bit of purpose and most importantly take our chances we will get a result. City are not great and have been troubled by plenty of sides this season.

If we sit back, empty the midfield and just generally play like a team who cannot beat anyone decent, then of course we will see a routine defeat.

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2015, 12:49 PM
FA won't be charging anyone over the assault on Debuchy. Except for Arteta, he gets a 3 game ban.

Bumble
13-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Burnley drew there and Stoke won there so it is possible. However, if they score first we stand no chance.... as I don't really think we have any idea how to chase a game without conceding further. How times last season and this have we won after conceding first. the confidence of the team is just so fragile that a set back like that makes the team crumble. Especially away from home as I am sure had West Ham scored first we would have lost. But if we score first then I think the team will have something to keep hold of and the confidence gained from it.

AFC Leveller
13-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Wenger was saying it'll take 3 games before Ozil starts.

As for the game at the gypodrome, no chance at all we'll get anything from that. I can see us playing well enough, but something will somehow conspire to assure the loss, maybe terrible defensive lapses, a dodgy ref, an outrageous fluke. You all know how it goes in these games. Been saying for years that eventually we have to win one of these, but we never do.

Yeah thats how its been over the last few years, there is always something to regret and we have to put it right.

They havent won a league game without Toure since April so i guess thats a good omen.

AFC Leveller
13-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Burnley drew there and Stoke won there so it is possible. However, if they score first we stand no chance.... as I don't really think we have any idea how to chase a game without conceding further. How times last season and this have we won after conceding first. the confidence of the team is just so fragile that a set back like that makes the team crumble. Especially away from home as I am sure had West Ham scored first we would have lost. But if we score first then I think the team will have something to keep hold of and the confidence gained from it.

Lat season, City were formidable at home and scored so many goals. This season though is a different story, they havent blown anybody apart and struggled against Sunderland, Palace, Burnley etc so we have to put in a decent performance.

Globalgunner
13-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Quite disheartening how fragile our mentality is. It doesn't even matter whether we are at home or away. Same with the United match at home. If we concede 1st we will likely concede again and again. Only silver lining is that once we concede 3. The opposition start to play more loose and then we usually get to score 1 or maybe 2, but hardly ever equalise. Doubt if Wenger ever dwells on these. Its always the defenders fault in these circumstances.

AFC Leveller
13-01-2015, 02:31 PM
Quite disheartening how fragile our mentality is. It doesn't even matter whether we are at home or away. Same with the United match at home. If we concede 1st we will likely concede again and again. Only silver lining is that once we concede 3. The opposition start to play more loose and then we usually get to score 1 or maybe 2, but hardly ever equalise. Doubt if Wenger ever dwells on these. Its always the defenders fault in these circumstances.

The problem with conceding first is that you have to then chasde the game and are suscetible to the counter attack. Against Man ure, we completly abandoned our game plan and chased after them with 11 men and were eventualy caught. City have the firepower and dscipline to win this so we really cant afford any cock ups.