PDA

View Full Version : Joel Campbell and Lukaz Pod both out????

Dicks and chicks
25-01-2015, 10:04 AM
It should have been one or the other not both, now we are a few injuries away to being thin in attacking options again. The one time we have depth we immediately cut? ffs

Penguin
25-01-2015, 10:13 AM
In terms of numbers we're fine. They're both wide forwards and we still have plenty of depth there. Alexis, Theo, Ox, Gnabry and Ozil/Santi (I don't like the last two there but it's guaranteed that Wenger will shove one of them wide just to fit them both in).

At CF we have Giroud and Welbeck so we're fine there too.

AFC Leveller
25-01-2015, 10:20 AM
Wenger said the other day that when it comes to wingers, he likes to play a proper winger (Ox, Theo, Sanchez) and a CM who can come inside and playmake so im ot surprised that he's let two of his wingers go.

Marc Overmars
25-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Podolski and Campbell were never going to play through the centre, so their competition was the wide areas and we have several guys who can play there already.

No big loss tbh.

GP
25-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Neither are really good enough.

Master Splinter
25-01-2015, 11:54 AM
They played like 4 minutes of football each this season.

But it's inevitable that all our forwards will be involved in a rickshaw crash on February 1st.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
25-01-2015, 12:17 PM
Wenger said the other day that when it comes to wingers, he likes to play a proper winger (Ox, Theo, Sanchez) and a CM who can come inside and playmake so im ot surprised that he's let two of his wingers go.

He's been saying it for years now. I'm not sure why we selectively forget it....

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
25-01-2015, 12:18 PM
I think we should of kept Podolski for his skill set but it isn't a catastrophe.....

I'm hoping the bright side of this is Gnabry getting closer to the action.