PDA

View Full Version : Tomas Rosicky

selassie
26-01-2015, 01:06 PM
I thought little mozart deserved his own thread. In some ways Tommy gets better with age, matures like a fine wine! He was outstanding yesterday and has been playing at a high level since he started to get back in the team.

It blows my mind watching him burn past young 20 somethings with his pace, I swear he is getting faster with age!

Given that we have loads of Numbers 10's/Attacking Midfielders you would have thought Tommy shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI but he's outperforming everyone with the exception of Santi at the moment and he should be a starter.

I hope we keep on extending his contract because I can see him being a useful squad player for a good few more seasons.

Marc Overmars
26-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Very classy and intelligent player who still plays like he did 10 years ago, injuries haven't taken anything away from him.

If he had stayed fit during his early years with us we might have ended the trophy drought sooner.

He's making up for lost time now.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-01-2015, 01:20 PM
I was laughed at a few years ago because I said Rosicky gets better with age as he didn't play so much in his early years, due to injuries. So he hasn't 'used up' his body as much as others.

Another poster laughed and said it's like saying Diaby has plenty of years left because he's always injured too, so hasn't 'used up' his body.

I still think there's some truth to my theory. Sure you can pick Diaby as a counter argument but using the one player in the world that had his leg destroyed by a thug isn't really fair.

Look at the likes of Owen and Anelka, who burned out after doing well at an early stage. Rosicky at 34 years of age is out running the bloody youngsters.

Anyway, I'd keep Rosicky for as long as we can. He's one of a few who can change the tempo of our game and he seems to love the club. Had plenty of opportunities to leave but says he didn't want to. Proper.

selassie
26-01-2015, 02:09 PM
yeah agree with you both. it's a real shame rosicky missed almost 2 seasons of football in his 20's because he could have contributed to us winning a trophy, in fact he nearly did when we had the team that featured him, cesc, flams (in his prime) & hleb.

also the way he changes the tempo of our game is a joy to behold, the likes of Jack and even Aaron could learn a lot from watching rosicky!

pass and move at the highest level.

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2015, 02:35 PM
I echo the comments made above with the exception to a fit Rosicky ending the trophy drought.

Had he been fit. Had he realised his potential earlier, he'd have been sold off like everyone else.

AFC Leveller
26-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Such a positive player, always looking to go forward and his acceleration is still very good.

Sign him up for one mor eyear i say.

Özim
26-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Good player, but wasn't going to end our trophy drought even if fit as he's not quite that special, works hard and does inject urgency but he had his fair share of ineffective games too.

IMO he owes us a fair few years after years of barely playing to be honest, he's pretty lucky we stuck by him most other clubs would have let him go.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-01-2015, 03:22 PM
New Bergkamp in the sense that he should be offered 1 year contracts until he finally goes.

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2015, 04:14 PM
Good player, but wasn't going to end our trophy drought even if fit as he's not quite that special, works hard and does inject urgency but he had his fair share of ineffective games too.

IMO he owes us a fair few years after years of barely playing to be honest, he's pretty lucky we stuck by him most other clubs would have let him go.
I disagree, he would have been a special player. Even in the midst of a poor performance, he has the talent and the instinct to win a game.

Power n Glory
26-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Rosicky is still one of my favourites and now that we seem to be managing his fitness better, he should be starting a lot more because he brings a lot to this team. He should be getting a game a week. The players in the squad speak highly of his ability. Ozil, Cazorla…they look up to him and that’s saying something.

I think we’d have done some serious damage on the field if Wenger would have played Rosicky in the middle when he first arrived. He’s getting games now in the middle with Cazorla or Ozil playing ahead of him and that’s how we should have been using him when we had Cesc in the team. I hope we keep him around. Someone said earlier on here that he’s old and shouldn’t be in the team but that’s just not right. For the past few seasons now, when we’ve looked a little short for inspiration, lacking that fluency in play and struggling, Rosicky is always that player involved in helping us get back to winning ways. Always. That’s why my hat goes off to him. He’s getting old but some players can defy those odds. Just look at Totti, Pirlo and Nedved. It doesn’t always have to be a downwards trajectory once you hit 30.

Master Splinter
26-01-2015, 05:08 PM
He's versatile enough to play in a number of positions too.

When he plays deeper, he's a good possession player and is one of our best at tackling and nicking the ball.

Further ahead, or on the wing, he has the speed and skill to link with the forwards or burst past them as he's shown especially well in the Hull and Brighton games.

He's our most inventive passer too, along with Cazorla and an on-form Ramsey.