PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

GP
28-08-2015, 11:16 AM
OH MY GOD!

http://i.imgur.com/ILuCCy8.jpg

I am invisible
28-08-2015, 11:19 AM
To be fair, we have added 9 players to the first team squad in the last year (Alexis, Debuchy, Ospina, Chambers, Welbeck, Gabriel, Bellerin, Coquelin, Cech), so I do think there's any particular reluctance to invest or improve on the part of the manager or the club? There's just nothing moving out there in the one area that we're seriously looking at.

Maybe you could argue that we're paying the price for not having sorted the striking problem out in previous windows, when there might have been movement, but I'm not really sure what else we could have done this summer, to make things happen? The kind of clubs we're looking at buying from aren't really going to be swayed by cash, or bullied financially - the only thing that's going to persuade them to sell is being able to find a shiny new star player as a replacement, and that's out of our hands. It really is just watch and wait stuff...

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Well I agree it would be hard for you or I or some bloke down the road to pull off the type of transfers we need. But we supposedly are a club competing at the forefront of the game, with a supposedly top manager who in turn has a whole staff of experienced people to solve our striker and midfield problem over a period of what was 2 months. Is it good enough to say it's difficult? Of course it is, their job is difficult. Are they saying they can't get the job done unless it is easy?

You're right, we have brought in a lot of players. Most of them have been required following a long period of doing nothing significant in the market, in fact we were a selling club. But even with all the repair work that has been done we are still short in critical areas. This needs to be addressed or we can't challenge. Fair enough, if we don't intend to step up and join the top clubs (as promised when the stadium move was sold), then that's how it's going to be but we can't expect to hang on to the top players we have if we aren't prepared to add the final pieces. That's what I'm saying, we either press on and fulfil the stated goal of this stadium move or we stall and start falling backwards. With all the new TV money coming in Wenger won't be able to hold that cherished 4th spot forever, standing still isn't a realistic option.

Whatever, they have 4 days to let us know their intentions. It is the club that has left itself with such a short window, so while it may be difficult they certainly haven't made it easier on themselves. If easy is what they are after.

Injury Time
28-08-2015, 02:36 PM
OH MY GOD!

http://i.imgur.com/ILuCCy8.jpg

FFS did you not notice...this in the wrong thread! Benzema thread over there, better change title to (Official)

Maestro
28-08-2015, 07:44 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-transfer-news-gunners-sign-6340867

striker position finally sorted

don't know what the fuss is all about tbh

Injury Time
28-08-2015, 09:28 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-transfer-news-gunners-sign-6340867

striker position finally sorted

don't know what the fuss is all about tbh

Oh he's been wanking day and night on that signing :rolleyes: :ilt:

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2015, 01:42 AM
wahoo, another one for the future.......

:patrice:

Thierrymon
29-08-2015, 02:04 AM
So Arsenal leaving it until deadline day again......

Maestro
29-08-2015, 06:44 AM
I don't think Arsene is really that serious about strengthening the squad given his comments on Arsenal.com If they were working hard day and night like he tells us then why didn't/haven't we strengthened before now?

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150827/-we-work-day-and-night-on-signings-

Wenget really is contemptuous with the fans sometimes, and quite simply insults our intelligence or lack thereof.

Özim
29-08-2015, 09:03 AM
I don't think Arsene is really that serious about strengthening the squad given his comments on Arsenal.com If they were working hard day and night like he tells us then why didn't/haven't we strengthened before now?

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150827/-we-work-day-and-night-on-signings-

Day and night my arse, he waits until August the 31st to do anything it seems, every season it's the same the guy is a sad excsue for a manager.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
29-08-2015, 09:33 AM
Wolfsburg rightly shafting a club overflowing with owner and TV money.

Why else is Stones being rated at £30m+ and Berahino £20m+? These clubs that hoarde talent and rip the best away from burgeoning teams deserve to have the arse ripped out of them.
Eggsackerly

:lol:

I cannot belive you guys think that is real!

They've had less time to evade your spoofs than some of us! :d

Kano
29-08-2015, 01:56 PM
I'm convinced we'll buy Austin on Tuesday.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2015, 02:02 PM

Yep, I expect a totally underwhelming panic buy too. Especially if he's cheap.

Mind you, Wenger was blathering on about Wilshere and Welbeck being back soon so that's going to make a huge difference and we'll probably win the league. Might not need to sign anybody at all. And it would kill Joel Campbell.

GP
29-08-2015, 02:17 PM

Austin Healey, the former rugby player.

Dein-machine
29-08-2015, 05:12 PM
Yarmulenko will do - anyone tbh. Anyone who can kick a ball towards the net whilst trying to miss the keeper.

fakeyank
29-08-2015, 05:29 PM
I remember at the end of last season and the beginning of summer hoping that we would do a straight swap of Walcott for Sterling. How I wish that were true!!!

Walcott brings nothing to the table up front against most teams. He'll score a hattrick in one of the games and all will be well. He is much better on the wing.. I hope we stick him there or on the bench. He wont put his weight unless his contract is up in the air.

Bumble
29-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Welbeck is due back after the international break so that is like a new signing. So I am expecting to sign a 17yo Spanish midfielder or nothing as obviously no one is available for the price you want to pay. If you went to a supermarket with that attitude you would go very hungry.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Welbeck is due back after the international break so that is like a new signing. So I am expecting to sign a 17yo Spanish midfielder or nothing as obviously no one is available for the price you want to pay. If you went to a supermarket with that attitude you would go very hungry.

That's where you are wrong and naive. Have you never seen those huge green things at the back of supermarkets? Inside those are a thousand Sanogos waiting to be dug out and hosed off.

Bumble
29-08-2015, 07:07 PM
That's where you are wrong and naive. Have you never seen those huge green things at the back of supermarkets? Inside those are a thousand Sanogos waiting to be dug out and hosed off.

haha. I stand corrected

Syn
30-08-2015, 12:34 PM
we should buy wanyama.

GP
30-08-2015, 12:54 PM
I like Wanyama.

Their yaki udon is life changing.

Bumble
30-08-2015, 01:52 PM
I like Wanyama.

Their yaki udon is life changing.

Chilli beef ramen

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
30-08-2015, 02:45 PM

Just imagine his poor wife sending the sod to the shops for groceries
Arsene we need bread, eggs and milk
If we find super, super quality we will try to do it
No just go to fucking wait rose and get what I've asked
Everyone thinks the solution is always to spend, sometimes there are internal solutions
What internal solutions? The cupboards are bare.

Marc Overmars
30-08-2015, 03:58 PM
De Bruyne signs for City, a deal that could reach 58m. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2015, 06:02 PM
£55 million for a guy that hasn't achieved much. This is really going to cock the market even more than it had for Sterling; at least that can be washed away with the 'English premium stance'.

Syn
30-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Shit gossip but I've been reliably informed that Tom Huddlestone will be moving to Villa on transfer deadline day. #itk #yourmum

Kano
30-08-2015, 08:18 PM
Austin to Utd appears to be the hottest new rumour knocking around.

selassie
30-08-2015, 11:12 PM
Why does Wenger always do this? We built up so much momentum last season and everybody knew what this team needed but he refuses to buy. What other manager of a top club side in Europe sits on a pile of cash and refuses to strengthen the squad? It really beggars belief.

fakeyank
31-08-2015, 01:06 AM
We are definitely showing progress this season from last.. first 4 games last season, we had 6 points, while this season we have 7 points. Take that haters!

Wenger :bow:

mastermind84
31-08-2015, 03:57 AM
£55 million for a guy that hasn't achieved much. This is really going to cock the market even more than it had for Sterling; at least that can be washed away with the 'English premium stance'.

Sterling is a great player already tbf

Saying that, Martial looks like he will be a top striker. With the way the market is set up where top strikers are at top clubs and not going anywhere, you have to make a move like this. I wish Wenger had those type of balls.

Marc Overmars
31-08-2015, 07:40 AM
So a day to go.

Come on WUMger FFS.

Power n Glory
31-08-2015, 08:30 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/601816/Arsenal-Transfer-News-Gossip-Juventus-Kingsley-Coman-Leicester-Riyad-Mahrez-Mauro-Icardi

We're being linked with Leicester City's Mahrez!

Japan Shaking All Over
31-08-2015, 08:45 AM
Don't understand why it seems to take us the longest to do any kind of business......I should do but I don't!!!

We should be going for Cavani, Wanyama and cover at the back Van Dijk

Japan Shaking All Over
31-08-2015, 08:46 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/601816/Arsenal-Transfer-News-Gossip-Juventus-Kingsley-Coman-Leicester-Riyad-Mahrez-Mauro-Icardi

We're being linked with Leicester City's Mahrez!

Saw that too......Leicester will never get rid and we are scraping the barrel again

AFC Leveller
31-08-2015, 10:14 AM
BBC have a "potential deadline day Xl" :lol: :lol:

http://c.files.bbci.co.uk/88E7/production/_85274053_deadlinedayx1.png

Injury Time
31-08-2015, 10:20 AM
Looks like deadline XXII to me, or some kind of cloning programme, has anyone twattered this to Arsenal.con might give them a clue....

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 10:34 AM
Looks like deadline XXII to me, or some kind of cloning programme, has anyone twattered this to Arsenal.con might give them a clue....

There is no quality there. None of those players would improve us. And if you panic and buy, what happens to Ramsey? Do you rotate him in a skilfully constructed program that accounts for the opposition we are facing at any given time? You see the problem? Everyone is an armchair expert but hardly anyone has made 50,000 substitutions so it is easy for them to follow the sardines who swim with seagulls.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Martial to Man Utd apparently - SSN saying he has been given permission to speak to Man Utd.

Probably £35 million or something, for a 19 year old that has scored 13 goals in his career.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Martial to Man Utd apparently - SSN saying he has been given permission to speak to Man Utd.

Probably £35 million or something, for a 19 year old that has scored 13 goals in his career.

He looks a very decent player, admittedly on YouTube. But you can still tell certain things, movement, pace, awareness, this kid looks very, very good. Not saying he'll make it, the PL is a big step up for a youngster and he'll be kicked from pillar to post and will have to learn how to deal with that. But this signing worries me, very few players you watch these days look to be anything out of the ordinary. That's not the case with this kid, you can see the explosive potential there.

Our version was Sanogo. We're fucking doomed.

adzzzbatch
31-08-2015, 11:34 AM
van gal just another chequebook manager :lol:

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 11:44 AM
van gal just another chequebook manager :lol:

Obviously. But if the owners are giving him the cash then at least he doesn't hoard it and say there is nothing to sign. It's not his money, it's not his responsibility to run the finances of the club. It's his responsibility to win on the pitch. That's where Utd, and every other club in the history of football, differs from Arsenal.

Syn
31-08-2015, 01:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNvaRHfWsAAVLFg.jpg

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
31-08-2015, 01:56 PM
I just think he's a ditherer NQ, he's so worried about the sell on value of players and the ephemeral nature of players price tags.
He would be afraid to take the risk on someone like Antony Martial because when you pay 38 million for anyone that's a high profile signing and that expectation usually follows.
He is a dinosaur stuck in the mindset of buying coal for cheap and turning it into diamond

selassie
31-08-2015, 02:15 PM
He looks a very decent player, admittedly on YouTube. But you can still tell certain things, movement, pace, awareness, this kid looks very, very good. Not saying he'll make it, the PL is a big step up for a youngster and he'll be kicked from pillar to post and will have to learn how to deal with that. But this signing worries me, very few players you watch these days look to be anything out of the ordinary. That's not the case with this kid, you can see the explosive potential there.

Our version was Sanogo. We're fucking doomed.

He is widely viewed as the next big thing in France, he's rated above Lacazette and Fekir in terms of how people think he will develop. 36million is an insane price but if he develops the way folks think he can then they will have a worldie on their hands.

Meanwhile we are stuck with Sanogo, happy days.

Munchies
31-08-2015, 02:41 PM
Apparently we're selling Monreal

Loads of reports in Spain, and he's followed them on twitter today

What the fuck, he's our best LB

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-08-2015, 02:43 PM
You can have Enrique if you like?

He's great at table tennis.

Marc Overmars
31-08-2015, 02:46 PM

Absolute bonkers if there's any truth in that.

Munchies
31-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Absolute bonkers if there's any truth in that.

Our fans are rightfully livid

https://twitter.com/search?q=monreal&src=typd

Atheltico Bilbao

alexander
31-08-2015, 03:04 PM
I think the transfer window in spain closes today, not tomorrow, so unless anything happens in the next few hours, we are getting nowt from that league. Not that I expect us to buy anything from any league.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 03:07 PM

:haha:

That's got to me made up shit. Even Wenger isn't that big a loon.

Although he definitely is that big a WUM - and this would be his best moment yet.

Niall_Quinn
You can have Enrique if you like?

He's great at table tennis.

Do you think he could be a faithful friend to Ozil? If so, we'll take him.

GP
http://i.imgur.com/8hGsIwT.jpg

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 03:09 PM
Danny Welbeck ‏@WelBeast 10 mins10 minutes ago
Nacho Monreal is here to stay. Thank You.

Proving that Danny is useful after all.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Arsenal are still seeking to make more additions before the transfer window closes on Tuesday and could be pursuing Leicester City's Riyad Mahrez.

LOL

Munchies
31-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Proving that Danny is useful after all.

phewww

Seems De Gea is off

McNamara That Ghost...
31-08-2015, 03:19 PM
That's not his official account. :lol:

Anyway fairly sure this Monreal stuff is absolute crap.

Marc Overmars
31-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Januzaj off to Dortmund on loan.

United should have sold De Gea weeks ago. They could have found a decent replacement for a fraction of what they may have sold him for. Now they're stuck with dodgy Romero and an unhappy De Gea, why keep him on the bench if he's going to leave or free next summer anyway? Stupid.

AFC Leveller
31-08-2015, 03:32 PM
To think there are hundereds of professional footballers out there and not one of them is better than what we have.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Januzaj off to Dortmund on loan.

United should have sold De Gea weeks ago. They could have found a decent replacement for a fraction of what they may have sold him for. Now they're stuck with dodgy Romero and an unhappy De Gea, why keep him on the bench if he's going to leave or free next summer anyway? Stupid.

Come home Reus.

The De Gea situation is ridiculous; they're trying to save face and prevent another player going to Real Madrid but as you say, what's the point?

selassie
31-08-2015, 03:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8hGsIwT.jpg

Syn
31-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Wish we'd signed Draxler. Not sure how good he is but he's silky as fuck on the ball.

KSE Comedy Club
31-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Wolfsburg have signed Draxler.

That's another one we can chalk off the "list"

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
31-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Got enough attacking midfielders don't need Wilhelm Elliot

Kano
31-08-2015, 04:09 PM
A player that wants to be a winger wouldn't hurt but apparently we have Theo, Ox and Ramsey, all natural wide players that will have a huge impact on our team.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
31-08-2015, 04:13 PM
First priority has to be a striker, Welbeck, Ox, Walcott and Sanchez on the wings

Kano
31-08-2015, 04:14 PM
First priority has to be a striker, Welbeck, Ox, Walcott and Sanchez on the wings

We're definitely not signing a striker so we could look at improving other areas of the squad. Daft idea I know.

Syn
31-08-2015, 04:23 PM
If there was a top striker available I'm guessing Man Utd would've put in a £94m bid in by now. They only had Rooney as a striker and have only ended up getting this 19 year old kid with very few career goals to his name.

If there's no-one on Sanchez's level that is gettable then I dont mind the club not buying a striker. Just have to hope that Sanchez be a top class striker in a CF role, and Walcott, Giroud and Welbeck can chip in. But not getting a defensive midfielder looks a bad decision. Surely there were a few of them on the move. Even Wanyama is available now. Coquelin needs help in the middle.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 04:25 PM
If there was a top striker available I'm guessing Man Utd would've put in a £94m bid in by now. They only had Rooney as a striker and have only ended up getting this 19 year old kid with very few career goals to his name.

If there's no-one on Sanchez's level that is gettable then I dont mind the club not buying a striker. Just have to hope that Sanchez be a top class striker in a CF role, and Walcott, Giroud and Welbeck can chip in. But not getting a defensive midfielder looks a bad decision. Surely there were a few of them on the move. Even Wanyama is available now. Coquelin needs help in the middle.

Ox can be converted into a DM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
31-08-2015, 04:28 PM
We're definitely not signing a striker so we could look at improving other areas of the squad. Daft idea I know.

Who has said we are definitely not signing a striker?

Kano
31-08-2015, 04:34 PM
the kindest way of responding would be to say you are being very hopeful.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Who has said we are definitely not signing a striker?

God. Wenger informed him this morning.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 04:45 PM
There are no strikers out there who could improve on what we have, and there haven't been any for the last 5 years. Only Sanogo, he was the only one. And we signed him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
31-08-2015, 04:53 PM
I'm not saying we definitely will sign anyone, the lack of information or rumours makes it worrying alas I don't think there is any need to put a definitive on anything for another 24 hours.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
31-08-2015, 04:55 PM
God. Wenger informed him this morning.

I imagine Wenger does talk to God and that God answers

That's Schizophrenia for you

Özim
31-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Man U to sign Martial for 36 million apparently.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-08-2015, 05:32 PM
SSN saying De Gea is finally off to Marketing.

Bayer Leverkusen sign Javier Hernandez.

Keylor Navas to Man Utd apparently. :unsure:

GP
31-08-2015, 05:58 PM
https://twitter.com/becs_watson/status/638399151647145985

Arsene flew to Paris today...

Master Splinter
31-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Wish we'd signed Draxler. Not sure how good he is but he's silky as fuck on the ball.

Hleb's still playing.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 06:09 PM

No point getting excited about this, he'll fail the medical and be back here tomorrow.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Is Wenger still doing things for French TV? I know he was sacked in some capacity recently.

fakeyank
31-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Is Wenger still doing things for French TV? I know he was sacked in some capacity recently.

Why is our board so lax about sacking him!? :banghead:

Marc Overmars
31-08-2015, 06:21 PM
2 Hollywood South American keepers for United. :lol:

Good stuff.

Özim
31-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Wolfsburg conducting their business with minimal fuss, Draxler signed, probably sell him for 70-80 million in a couple years time.

When it comes to transfers they don't waste time and get their targets promptly.

Kano
31-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Song back to West Ham :lol: Barceloaner

KSE Comedy Club
31-08-2015, 06:50 PM
The Twitter rumours suggest a domino effect on transfers which may be as follows:

Hernandez to BVB
Rues to RM
Benzema to Arsenal

GP
31-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Well, they've got 4 hours...

And Hernandez has gone to Leverkusen...

Kano
31-08-2015, 06:53 PM
at least Twatter managed to get one of those right by waiting until it actually happened.

Bumble
31-08-2015, 07:01 PM
2 Hollywood South American keepers for United. :lol:

Good stuff.

Think navas is central American.

fakeyank
31-08-2015, 07:35 PM
Think navas is central American.

There is a difference? :unsure:

I am invisible
31-08-2015, 07:36 PM
The Twitter rumours suggest a domino effect on transfers which may be as follows:

Hernandez to BVB
Rues to RM
Benzema to Arsenal

Well, they've got 4 hours...

And Hernandez has gone to Leverkusen...
Januzaj to Dortmund on loan though...

McNamara That Ghost...
31-08-2015, 07:41 PM
SSN: Walters hands in transfer request.

It's on. :cloud9:

Injury Time
31-08-2015, 07:41 PM

Better fucking stay there until he finds some top top quality.

Kano
31-08-2015, 07:43 PM
SSN: Walters hands in transfer request.

It's on. :cloud9:

Be still my beating heart.

Injury Time
31-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Be still my beating heart.

We getting Muamba back? :unsure:

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 07:49 PM

Hernandez to BVB
Rues to RM
Arsenal underbid on Benzema and miss out

Could happen

Özim
31-08-2015, 07:52 PM
We don't seem to be interested in anyone, fking joke.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 07:54 PM

tbf we don't need anyone to get 4th spot again.

fakeyank
31-08-2015, 08:32 PM

The only person we should be interested in should be Klopp tbf.. cull this joke of a manager and get us a fresh start.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 08:37 PM
Martial deal will eventually cost £58mill, supposedly.

We're watching the end of football here. It can't sustain this craziness. Sterling £50mill, a 19 year old kid at least £36mill. Both potentially decent players but when you consider these big fees used to be reserved for the likes of Zidane. What would the fee be in Messi was ever sold? Quarter of a billion? For one player? They were talking £150mill for Neymar if that had gone through. All the signs are of mega rich pigs having one last feast before they move on to the next harvest.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 08:44 PM
In many ways you can understand Wenger not wanting to be part of this. In the end he's 100% correct about the transfer market and all the doping going on in the game (financial doping, not the Real Madrid chemical type). It would be glorious and a real achievement if we really could win a title without busting 9 figures in a buying spree but unfortunately that is what the game is these days. The pigs have total control and so the inflation is out of control, same MO as every other market they descend on to pick to the bone.

But say we do persist with a sane approach to expenditure, and people might point at Ozil and Alexis and try to pretend we're part of the big spender club now, but even it out over a decade and we've probably spent less than QPR. If we do persist then it makes it all the more urgent for Wenger to kick that stubbornness into touch and start getting the best out of the players we do have. No more of this shit forcing his favourites into the team, time to learn a bit about rotation, time to pay attention to form, time to approach each game as a different set of challenges. Enough with the ridiculous notion we can play some beautiful vision of football in the middle of what has become a sporting desert. Or go and let somebody else do it.

Kano
31-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Martial deal will eventually cost £58mill, supposedly.

We're watching the end of football here. It can't sustain this craziness. Sterling £50mill, a 19 year old kid at least £36mill. Both potentially decent players but when you consider these big fees used to be reserved for the likes of Zidane. What would the fee be in Messi was ever sold? Quarter of a billion? For one player? They were talking £150mill for Neymar if that had gone through. All the signs are of mega rich pigs having one last feast before they move on to the next harvest.
With the American and Asian markets growing, then the money will continue to swill around for a while yet. Then add in the fact that the online market hasn't been touched at all. They'll scrap this 3pm ban sooner rather than later, so Sky/BT and the clubs can charge premium prices to watch online or TV. They can pitch in all kinds of club shop special offers and home delivery meal deals around that to make the payoff absolutely huge against very small overheads. And of course FFP has been neutered so the debts can rack up once more, so there isn't really a need to stop adding zeros to transfers every season when it isn't real money paying it back off anyway.

Bumble
31-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Dont think United come under the doping scenario really. They earn all their money over the years. So are able to splash a lot of earned cash.

All this is the champions league fault.Too much money and everyone wants to play in it so all the best players move to those teams. The only way other teams can compete is via mega rich benefactors.

The champions league should be champions only or even extend it to champions and cup winners. That would open up the cup to more teams. Even out prize money. Or even get prize in reverse order like nfl where worst team gets first choice. In football worst team could get most money to even up the league.

GP
31-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Dont think United come under the doping scenario really. They earn all their money over the years. So are able to splash a lot of earned cash.

All this is the champions league fault.Too much money and everyone wants to play in it so all the best players move to those teams. The only way other teams can compete is via mega rich benefactors.

The champions league should be champions only or even extend it to champions and cup winners. That would open up the cup to more teams. Even out prize money. Or even get prize in reverse order like nfl where worst team gets first choice. In football worst team could get most money to even up the league.

All Man Utds spending is borrowed money. When you're already a billion in debt, what's another 200m amongst friends?

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 09:08 PM
With the American and Asian markets growing, then the money will continue to swill around for a while yet. Then add in the fact that the online market hasn't been touched at all. They'll scrap this 3pm ban sooner rather than later, so Sky/BT and the clubs can charge premium prices to watch online or TV. They can pitch in all kinds of club shop special offers and home delivery meal deals around that to make the payoff absolutely huge against very small overheads. And of course FFP has been neutered so the debts can rack up once more, so there isn't really a need to stop adding zeros to transfers every season when it isn't real money paying it back off anyway.

Their model of excess by it's very nature can't go on for ever, same deal with the global debt pyramid and they are linked - mathematically it must collapse and the bigger it inflates the more catastrophic the collapse. It's not just that, kids can't even kick a ball on the streets any more. You have fucking signs up everywhere, no ball games. Football is dying from the roots through to the highest branches. Football was a community thing, now it is a commercial thing. It's price has rocketed, it's value and values are gone. I just hope the people remember that well fed pigs are good for butchering.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 09:11 PM

A big chunk of the money they earn gets ploughed back into paying off the Glazier's dodgy debts. The chavs grow their own, Utd bums dope on the never never.

Power n Glory
31-08-2015, 09:18 PM
The money thrown around in football is disgusting but we all participate. It wouldn't be possible without the fans watching and happy to pay.

BOBN
31-08-2015, 09:24 PM

A world class striker is not suddenly gonna present himself in 6 months, especially since a big signing to the club means hanging around Barca/Real waiting for their rejects and castoffs.

We gotta do what United have and what a young Wenger would have and take a risk. Overpay for an up-and-comer who is about to explode.

£24m, Berahino. Job done.

Kano
31-08-2015, 09:25 PM
The money thrown around in football is disgusting but we all participate. It wouldn't be possible without the fans watching and happy to pay.
There is participation - which is what we do and have always done as people seeking an escape from the bullshit of weekly life and then there is manipulation, which is what the powers that be have sculpted into an art over ther past thirty years or so, starting with the Thatcher/Reagan axis. We all participate in the monstrosity of modern capitalism too because you have no other choice. Which is exactly what they've done to our sport. Left between a choice of trying to find enjoying in the essence of what that sport still gives you whilst trying to swallow the endless stream of bitter pills that increase year on year.

Power n Glory
31-08-2015, 09:42 PM
There is participation - which is what we do and have always done as people seeking an escape from the bullshit of weekly life and then there is manipulation, which is what the powers that be have sculpted into an art over ther past thirty years or so, starting with the Thatcher/Reagan axis. We all participate in the monstrosity of modern capitalism too because you have no other choice. Which is exactly what they've done to our sport. Left between a choice of trying to find enjoying in the essence of what that sport still gives you whilst trying to swallow the endless stream of bitter pills that increase year on year.

I get what your saying but it's just football. You can switch it off if it's that unbearable. It's not like the gas and electricity companies taking the absolute piss or TFL and the rail companies.

I'm not that bothered by what other clubs spend. That's not the insult to injury.

BOBN
31-08-2015, 09:46 PM
In many ways you can understand Wenger not wanting to be part of this. In the end he's 100% correct about the transfer market and all the doping going on in the game (financial doping, not the Real Madrid chemical type). It would be glorious and a real achievement if we really could win a title without busting 9 figures in a buying spree but unfortunately that is what the game is these days. The pigs have total control and so the inflation is out of control, same MO as every other market they descend on to pick to the bone.

But say we do persist with a sane approach to expenditure, and people might point at Ozil and Alexis and try to pretend we're part of the big spender club now, but even it out over a decade and we've probably spent less than QPR. If we do persist then it makes it all the more urgent for Wenger to kick that stubbornness into touch and start getting the best out of the players we do have. No more of this shit forcing his favourites into the team, time to learn a bit about rotation, time to pay attention to form, time to approach each game as a different set of challenges. Enough with the ridiculous notion we can play some beautiful vision of football in the middle of what has become a sporting desert. Or go and let somebody else do it.
Its not sane, its insane to keep £200m in the bank in a world where Juvenus made €100m for their CL run to the final, United sign a £700m Adidas deal, 4 teams are fighting for 5 CL spots and you have a flawed squad.

It is INSANE, in a world where 2 years ago you could get a Di Maria calibre player for £30m then a year later he costs £59m. That money in the bank is turning to shit because football inflation is at a rate of naughts. One year £32m gets you Sanchez, next year it cant get you Sterling. Beginning of the summer £32m gets Benteke, now it cant get you a French 19 year old. IT IS INSANE to keep money in the bank and not in player capital. Buy 30 and loan them out if you have to, but in the bank is insane.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 09:46 PM

Even with all it's problems, I much preferred the athletics this week to any football match that was going on. That will change as more money enters that sport too, but for now there are still moments that cut through the bullshit and rise to the top. Bolt beating the druggie. Priceless.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Its not sane, its insane to keep £200m in the bank in a world where Juvenus made €100m for their CL run to the final, United sign a £700m Adidas deal, 4 teams are fighting for 5 CL spots and you have a flawed squad.

It is INSANE, in a world where 2 years ago you could get a Di Maria calibre player for £30m then a year later he costs £59m. That money in the bank is turning to shit because football inflation is at a rate of naughts. One year £32m gets you Sanchez, next year it cant get you Sterling. Beginning of the summer £32m gets Benteke, now it cant get you a French 19 year old. IT IS INSANE to keep money in the bank and not in player capital. Buy 30 and loan them out if you have to, but in the bank is insane.

That's what I'm saying is insane, the inflation. I don't agree with the club sitting on cash at all. It's the worst of all outcomes, charge the biggest prices and then sit on the cash. Agreed. By sane approach I don't mean spend nothing. £26mill invested in Vidal would have been a great deal. On the other hand the cash sitting in bank isn't insane if there is no intention to invest it in the football. If it is earmarked for something else, in fact if it is driving up the share price then it's a big win for the usual suspects.

BOBN
31-08-2015, 09:54 PM

So teams like QPR, the biggest criminals and distorters of the market because they overpay for average players rather than top talent, and who were slapped with an FFP fine for blatant rule-breaking, would get rewarded with the most money for their failure.

You are typing for the sake of typing.

Kano
31-08-2015, 10:00 PM
I get what your saying but it's just football. You can switch it off if it's that unbearable. It's not like the gas and electricity companies taking the absolute piss or TFL and the rail companies.

I'm not that bothered by what other clubs spend. That's not the insult to injury.

But isn't that the point of sport? It is supposed to be our escape from the companies that rip us off and drain our wallets and the pressures of everyday life. The essence of what sport means to us as people is why us bunch of losers are on here every day talking shit. It isn't just football. It means far more than that in the larger framework of our physiological make-up. We're humans with imaginations, rather than machines performing automated functions. Some people scratch that itch through films. Others through music. Or train spotting. Or collecting Nazi memorabilia. Whatever suits. We can't function by merely grinding through the gears of everyday life. We're competitive beasts at heart and need to find ways to demonstrate that outside of crushing individuals and families in the race to make as much money as possible. For the time being I have learnt to adapt to the bastardisation of our game but just saying 'switch off' is a weak-minded argument. It's an obstruction of free speech that creates a lob-sided argument where everyone agrees, the worst kind of level-headed utopia imaginable. Otherwise we may as well not have an opinion at all if the best possible option is to walk away. If you are going to complain then you need to hear and understand the complaints of others.

Static
31-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Where are all the playa?

Kano
31-08-2015, 10:08 PM
Even with all it's problems, I much preferred the athletics this week to any football match that was going on. That will change as more money enters that sport too, but for now there are still moments that cut through the bullshit and rise to the top. Bolt beating the druggie. Priceless.
That's why I've found increasing solace in tennis over the past few years. They earn insane money for winning tournaments but at the end of the day, it comes down to two individuals, similar to athletics, to rely on their raw skills to win. Sure the best athletes can get in bette trainers, dieticians etc but there are limits to how far that takes you compared to football when building a squad of the best distorts the competition. Athletics is still a sport people take up for passion first above all else because only the elite earn really good money from it. The ironically good thing that drugs have done is probably ensure that financial investment into the sport has slowed right down.

KSE Comedy Club
31-08-2015, 10:09 PM
Januzaj to Dortmund on loan though...

My bad, it was januzaj to Dortmund, someone else tweeted about Hernandez in the same thread.

Januzaj to BVB
Reus to RM
Benz to us

So.... It's on!

McNamara That Ghost...
31-08-2015, 10:15 PM
De Gea move has collapsed, the papers didn't arrive in time apparently (Spanish window for players in closed at 11pm our time).

What a farce. :haha:

Munchies
31-08-2015, 10:23 PM
FFS :doh:

Would laugh if he leaves on a free now

Marc Overmars
31-08-2015, 10:24 PM
Oh dear. :haha:

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 10:24 PM
De Gea move has collapsed, the papers didn't arrive in time apparently (Spanish window for players in closed at 11pm our time).

What a farce. :haha:

Bet you they get a dispensation of some sort. Certain people won't be keen to see their cut go south.

If not though, van Genius has laid the ground for some interesting times ahead. Because surely De Gea is gone in January.

Munchies
31-08-2015, 10:25 PM
Bet you they get a dispensation of some sort. Certain people won't be keen to see their cut go south.

If not though, van Genius has laid the ground for some interesting times ahead. Because surely De Gea is gone in January.

Why pay £25m when you can get him for free in 6months?

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Wonder if the De Gea cash was financing part of the Martial deal?

Power n Glory
31-08-2015, 10:26 PM
But isn't that the point of sport? It is supposed to be our escape from the companies that rip us off and drain our wallets and the pressures of everyday life. The essence of what sport means to us as people is why us bunch of losers are on here every day talking shit. It isn't just football. It means far more than that in the larger framework of our physiological make-up. We're humans with imaginations, rather than machines performing automated functions. Some people scratch that itch through films. Others through music. Or train spotting. Or collecting Nazi memorabilia. Whatever suits. We can't function by merely grinding through the gears of everyday life. We're competitive beasts at heart and need to find ways to demonstrate that outside of crushing individuals and families in the race to make as much money as possible. For the time being I have learnt to adapt to the bastardisation of our game but just saying 'switch off' is a weak-minded argument. It's an obstruction of free speech that creates a lob-sided argument where everyone agrees, the worst kind of level-headed utopia imaginable. Otherwise we may as well not have an opinion at all if the best possible option is to walk away. If you are going to complain then you need to hear and understand the complaints of others.

I hear the complaints but I think the comparisons are over the top. I won't die without football and if the corporations want to keep on raising prices, they can have it. The only way it works is if people think they're forced to pay and I don't see why because this is only entertainment. I can get my kicks through, music, film, TV, xbox, books, whatever. Heck, if the corporate side of the game gets too much there are lower leagues to watch if the love for football runs that deep. Easier said then done but it's the truth.

Injury Time
31-08-2015, 10:28 PM
:tumbleweed:

Marc Overmars
31-08-2015, 10:29 PM

Exactly. Now they're stuck with someone who they've already frozen out, bye bye 25m and bye bye De Gea.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 10:31 PM

It's a year before his contract is up.

Marc Overmars
31-08-2015, 10:33 PM
I'd also love to know how in this day and age the "documents" didn't arrive in time. :lol:

Syn
31-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Van Gaal is more entertaining than Moyes. He's a monumental bellend. This is a huge fuck up.

Kano
31-08-2015, 10:34 PM
I hear the complaints but I think the comparisons are over the top. I won't die without football and if the corporations want to keep on raising prices, they can have it. The only way it works is if people think they're forced to pay and I don't see why because this is only entertainment. I can get my kicks through, music, film, TV, xbox, books, whatever. Heck, if the corporate side of the game gets too much there are lower leagues to watch if the love for football runs that deep. Easier said then done but it's the truth.
That's too narrow an argument to ever work. People can't just walk away from their passion, their escape at the drop of a hat. That doesn't work. That's why TV and the clubs have been able to manipulate themselves into the current position they have. Taking advantage of people's emotions and willingness to sacrifice in order to escape. You are also judging everyone else by your own standards, forgetting that the people who sacrifice so much to go to home and away games do so for far more than just their love of watching football at any level. You may be able to get your kicks elsewhere but what about those who can't, where do they go? It's a safe argument to lob around on the Internet because everything begins and ends with the opening/closing of a browser. It can't exist in the real world because the emotional and psychological entanglement associated with those decisions are far more complicated.

Injury Time
31-08-2015, 10:35 PM
Still time to sell Ox to Gala....get that money rolling in...

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 10:40 PM

Some mug is still here expecting to hear news of some Arsenal business :haha:

There's always one.

Injury Time
31-08-2015, 10:41 PM
Something that fails ignominiously to satisfy expectations; an anti-climax, a disappointment

Niall_Quinn
Van Gaal is more entertaining than Moyes. He's a monumental bellend. This is a huge fuck up.

This on the day where the papers are highlighting the fact his record after 50 games is the same as Moyes'

The genius has done good.

Munchies
It's a year before his contract is up.

£10m in Jan?

Still a big hit

Injury Time
31-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Some mug is still here expecting to hear news of some Arsenal business :haha:

There's always one.
I don't have Sky where else would I be!?

GP
31-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Still time to sell Ox to Gala....get that money rolling in...

...no there isn't.

Munchies
31-08-2015, 10:49 PM
@skysports_bryan
David De Gea - #mufc waiting for confirmation either way but adamant they have proof all their paperwork submitted to FIFA on time. #SSNHQ

Marc Overmars
31-08-2015, 10:50 PM
I guess we could finally see that old adage "let him rot in the reserves" come to fruition with De Gea.

Injury Time
31-08-2015, 10:51 PM
...no there isn't.

What!? Wenger out!

Munchies
31-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Apparently the document was received at 12.01!

MUFC claiming it was done on time. Spanish press claiming MUFC did it on purpose.

Now we are hearing that United did send the documents on time but in a format that couldn't be opened at the LFP.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 10:53 PM
That's too narrow an argument to ever work. People can't just walk away from their passion, their escape at the drop of a hat. That doesn't work. That's why TV and the clubs have been able to manipulate themselves into the current position they have. Taking advantage of people's emotions and willingness to sacrifice in order to escape. You are also judging everyone else by your own standards, forgetting that the people who sacrifice so much to go to home and away games do so for far more than just their love of watching football at any level. You may be able to get your kicks elsewhere but what about those who can't, where do they go? It's a safe argument to lob around on the Internet because everything begins and ends with the opening/closing of a browser. It can't exist in the real world because the emotional and psychological entanglement associated with those decisions are far more complicated.

And where do you draw the line? Because these wankers are coming for your TV and your XBox and your rights to watch a film and your bookshelf too if they can find the angle. Eventually when everything has been perfectly commoditized, then what? 2 million TV channels all pay per view, episodes 1, 3 and 5 of GOT on Channel 555, episodes 2, 4 and 6 on Channel 556 which is only available if you subscribe to channel 999. XBOX games that stop every 30 seconds to allow you to buy the next scene - just as soon as the sponsor's meaningful messages have run their 20 minute course. It all sounds ridiculous but look at football, look at so many sports. If we had jumped straight to this parody without all the small steps in between there would be uproar. But by the little steps people get led along and eventually every obscenity is commonplace. People who give a shit need to stick around not disappear.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 10:55 PM
£10m in Jan?

Still a big hit

Problem they have is Navas was coming the other way as part of the deal. Double whammy.

Still think it will be quietly wrangled and the deal will go through though.

Munchies
31-08-2015, 10:56 PM
How good is this Navas fella?

And yeah, I imagine it'll cross the line by the morning, happens all the time here

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 10:57 PM
How good is this Navas fella?

He was ace for Costa Rica in the WC and Copa, don't know anything about him at Madrid though.

Also:

Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor has been offered to Manchester United as a solution to their striking problems at Old Trafford.

Munchies
31-08-2015, 10:59 PM
Just saw the John Cross Oxlade to Gala rumours

LMAO!

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 10:59 PM
Our big deal is so secret that not a newspaper, TV station, Twatter or anyone has got wind of it. Absolute silence everywhere.

Munchies
31-08-2015, 11:00 PM
He was ace for Costa Rica in the WC and Copa, don't know anything about him at Madrid though.

Also:

Ah I thought he looked quite decent at the Copa America. Oh well

:haha: :haha: :haha:

LvG :pal: Awlful manager

Niall_Quinn

LMAO!

He's going as part of the Monreal deal and Alexis is off too and so is his mum.

Injury Time

LMAO!
Do keep up at the back there.

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 11:03 PM
Chavs chasing Papy Djilobodji.

WHO?

Power n Glory
31-08-2015, 11:04 PM

I think the people with a true passion that go to home and away games aren't as disillusioned with football. If they were having these sorts of discussions, i'd tell them straight face to face...what are you doing? It's utter madness to invest so much money into something you abhor and know full well it's ending up in some suits pocket. Especially if it's something you can just about afford. It's not that serious and I think most people are wise enough to walk away and just settle for highlights or streams if it's too heavy on the wallets. That's why I think the comparisons are OTT. It's not like a gas bill or train fares where there is no choice at all.

Munchies
31-08-2015, 11:06 PM
Victor Valdes changing his twitter profile to United colours again

LvG :pal:

Kano
31-08-2015, 11:07 PM
I think the people with a true passion that go to home and away games aren't as disillusioned with football. If they were having these sorts of discussions, i'd tell them straight face to face...what are you doing? It's utter madness to invest so much money into something you abhor and know full well it's ending up in some suits pocket. Especially if it's something you can just about afford. It's not that serious and I think most people are wise enough to walk away and just settle for highlights or streams if it's too heavy on the wallets. That's why I think the comparisons are OTT. It's not like a gas bill or train fares where there is no choice at all.
You are wildly missing the point here. You've just managed to completely bring it back full circle. With that, I'm oot.

Power n Glory
31-08-2015, 11:07 PM
And where do you draw the line? Because these wankers are coming for your TV and your XBox and your rights to watch a film and your bookshelf too if they can find the angle. Eventually when everything has been perfectly commoditized, then what? 2 million TV channels all pay per view, episodes 1, 3 and 5 of GOT on Channel 555, episodes 2, 4 and 6 on Channel 556 which is only available if you subscribe to channel 999. XBOX games that stop every 30 seconds to allow you to buy the next scene - just as soon as the sponsor's meaningful messages have run their 20 minute course. It all sounds ridiculous but look at football, look at so many sports. If we had jumped straight to this parody without all the small steps in between there would be uproar. But by the little steps people get led along and eventually every obscenity is commonplace. People who give a shit need to stick around not disappear.

Stick around and pay for it all? Isn't that how the system works?

Munchies
31-08-2015, 11:17 PM
Marca (aka RM FC) saying the United documents were password protected :lol:

Munchies
31-08-2015, 11:21 PM
Anyways, let's hope we can announce a few players in this thread tomorrow

Doubtful though.

WUMger :getcoat:

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2015, 11:38 PM
Stick around and pay for it all? Isn't that how the system works?

It's how it works right now, but you know my views on these things and my suggested remedies.

selassie
31-08-2015, 11:57 PM
It's gotten to the point now where I think anybody who suggests a player is linked to Arsenal is a troll! You got to love Wenger, he has millions of Arsenal fans worldwide sitting here absolutely desperate for a signing, we're like a bunch of junkies clucking for a hit on the crack pipe.

Power n Glory
01-09-2015, 12:14 AM
You are wildly missing the point here. You've just managed to completely bring it back full circle. With that, I'm oot.

Maybe I am but when you say you can find solace in Tennis and Athletics, you're demonstrating my point. It's an alternative. It's a choice.

Kano
01-09-2015, 06:55 AM
Maybe I am but when you say you can find solace in Tennis and Athletics, you're demonstrating my point. It's an alternative. It's a choice.

Well no, not really. It's all about what you can stomach. Just because a number of sports have become corporate playgrounds, it doesn't mean you'll find purity elsewhere. That certainly doesn't exist. And even if you can somehow find that in today's world, it won't be long before that is chewed up too. The only choices you have are which of the lesser evils you are currently willing to turn your face from before they eventually become too large to ignore. Every form of entertainment over the past thirty years has slowly been placed into this vice-like grip where it isn't merely about paying for the services you desire like a good citizen. It's forcing you to pay over and above what is needed just to see the bare minimum, bleeding your pockets dry in the process. The best part is, you are made to feel as if we are in a revolutionary system where we get to pick and choose what we want when we want it. Depending on which side of the fence you sit, that is either supreme selling or deceit of the highest order.

Kano
01-09-2015, 07:02 AM
It isn't ridiculous at all. Little by little, each silent step at a time and before you know we are left without any sort of real option that doesn't feel it isn't being imposed upon by some fucker trying to dip his hand into our pocket when we're not looking.

Marc Overmars
01-09-2015, 07:48 AM
So Arsene...anyone? :unsure:

Injury Time
01-09-2015, 08:03 AM
So Arsene...anyone? :unsure:
On Arsenal.com he's confirmed Ospina can eventually replace Cech :trophy:

Munchies
01-09-2015, 08:10 AM
:coffee:

adzzzbatch
01-09-2015, 08:12 AM

He'll be like a new signing when he gets back in to the starting XI

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-09-2015, 08:13 AM
He'll be like a new signing when he gets back in to the starting XI

No he bloody well can't, the guys an utter disaster.

Munchies
01-09-2015, 08:15 AM
6pm today

Either haffa fukin shape up or gettaht coz u let all the fanz down

Thierrymon
01-09-2015, 08:19 AM
No he bloody well can't, the guys an utter disaster.

I thought he did ok last season. Had a shocker in our last game though.

KSE Comedy Club
01-09-2015, 08:29 AM
Am I right in thinking that because our window is still open until 6pm then we could technically still be able to buy playa's from any league?

I use the term 'buy' loosley of course.

Munchies
01-09-2015, 08:30 AM
Am I right in thinking that because our window is still open until 6pm then we could technically still be able to buy playa's from any league?

Yeah lol

Apparently Wenger is on holiday in Paris though.

Cavani is just a smokescreen for his holiday.

Gooner23
01-09-2015, 08:35 AM
I'm guessing a big signing is ruled out though as the foreign clubs can't now get any replacements.

Power n Glory
01-09-2015, 08:44 AM
Rumour alert. Pato is following us on Twitter and open to a move. Only 25 years old.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-transfer-news-alexandre-pato-sparks-frenzy-after-following-gunners-on-twitter-a2924241.html

Munchies
01-09-2015, 08:46 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12_06/awf_302x322.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/09/01/08/2BDDBB9C00000578-3217515-image-m-2_1441092137992.jpg

Özim
01-09-2015, 08:47 AM
Pato is absolute sh*t, one of the most overrated footballers, the fact he got packed off to Brazil by Milan tells you what you need to know, hasn't done well in Brazil either.

Özim
01-09-2015, 08:49 AM
I'm guessing a big signing is ruled out though as the foreign clubs can't now get any replacements.

I'd be surprised if we got anyone decent now given all European clubs can no longer sign replacements, really don't understand why any club would leave most of their business so late, it's nonsensical it really is.

It's on Wenger's head though, unless he pulls off something miraculous he's totally failed the club this summer.

Globalgunner
01-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Yeah lol

Apparently Wenger is on holiday in Paris though.

Cavani is just a smokescreen for his holiday.

Some say....He`s been actually on holiday since 2005.

Munchies
01-09-2015, 08:51 AM

Well said

Globalgunner
01-09-2015, 08:52 AM
Pato is absolute sh*t, one of the most overrated footballers, the fact he got packed off to Brazil by Milan tells you what you need to know, hasn't done well in Brazil either.

Then he will smoothly fit right in there along with Giroud, Walcott and Sanogo.

Dein-machine
01-09-2015, 08:53 AM
Nothing happening today fellas, apparently we contacted Leicester about Marhez but were told politely to f--k off.

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2015, 08:57 AM

This is HUGE!

Dein-machine
01-09-2015, 08:57 AM

Too true. One long holiday. He's taken over £60 mill out of Arsenal since his false promises over a decade ago. How long did the great train robbers get?

Japan Shaking All Over
01-09-2015, 08:58 AM
Nothing happening today fellas, apparently we contacted Leicester about Marhez but were told politely to f--k off.

There are ways around that......upping one'a bid by £1 being one them :good:

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2015, 08:58 AM

They don't take kindly to £1 bids up there.

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2015, 08:59 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12_06/awf_302x322.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/09/01/08/2BDDBB9C00000578-3217515-image-m-2_1441092137992.jpg

LOL - got snapped sneaking off to Ulan Bator where there are no phones or faxes.

Power n Glory
01-09-2015, 09:01 AM
Well no, not really. It's all about what you can stomach. Just because a number of sports have become corporate playgrounds, it doesn't mean you'll find purity elsewhere. That certainly doesn't exist. And even if you can somehow find that in today's world, it won't be long before that is chewed up too. The only choices you have are which of the lesser evils you are currently willing to turn your face from before they eventually become too large to ignore. Every form of entertainment over the past thirty years has slowly been placed into this vice-like grip where it isn't merely about paying for the services you desire like a good citizen. It's forcing you to pay over and above what is needed just to see the bare minimum, bleeding your pockets dry in the process. The best part is, you are made to feel as if we are in a revolutionary system where we get to pick and choose what we want when we want it. Depending on which side of the fence you sit, that is either supreme selling or deceit of the highest order.

That's a bleak outlook. Purity is in the lower leagues or just playing with mates. You don't even have to go that far. Those who are sick of Sky and BT can just find an illegal stream. That is what happened with the music industry. The regular gunk stopped selling because of illegal downloads and now industry execs are scrambling trying to find a new model. What you'll find is most people are willing to support an independent model over the corporate structure. I don't know how things will work in football, but the bottom line is, if everyone rushes out to pay for the new BT Sports package to go along with their Sky Sports package then nothing changes. I don't know how long BT have the rights for but if it's profitable and makes them a load of money, I'm sure someone else will try to get a look in on the rights if they want in on the sports money. If it fails miserably and illegal streams rocket, it's a kick in the teeth for them and they'll walk away.

Anyway, spending too much time on this. It's deadline day.

Munchies
01-09-2015, 09:02 AM
@JWTelegraph
Nothing expected today at Arsenal (as has been case since Cech signed).

Hadda nuff

Power n Glory
01-09-2015, 09:06 AM

Does he even get a call up to Brazil? I'm sure he has some sort of talent and would be one of those fallen star type projects that Wenger may be able to bring back to life....but we ain't got time for that.

Munchies
01-09-2015, 09:08 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNzL8TRWgAAIgSn.jpg

Either Cavani or Great Khali

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2015, 09:09 AM
That's a bleak outlook. Purity is in the lower leagues or just playing with mates. You don't even have to go that far. Those who are sick of Sky and BT can just find an illegal stream. That is what happened with the music industry. The regular gunk stopped selling because of illegal downloads and now industry execs are scrambling trying to find a new model. What you'll find is most people are willing to support an independent model over the corporate structure. I don't know how things will work in football, but the bottom line is, if everyone rushes out to pay for the new BT Sports package to go along with their Sky Sports package then nothing changes. I don't know how long BT have the rights for but if it's profitable and makes them a load of money, I'm sure someone else will try to get a look in on the rights if they want in on the sports money. If it fails miserably and illegal streams rocket, it's a kick in the teeth for them and they'll walk away.

Anyway, spending too much time on this. It's deadline day.

A lot of that is true in some respects, but the pigs follow the sheep. If everyone got pissed off with the PL and started watching non-league footie then the pigs would be attracted to that because the numbers would work. There needs to be robust discrimination against pigs in all forms of sport. Some of the most iconic moments in sport were delivered in crummy stadiums and on one of the three available TV channels. These pigs aren't required, they don't add value. Hopefully more people are going to start seeing it. Calling BT today to tell them to fuck off with their super duper package. Tried to watch the match on the weekend on that BT Player. Had to switch to a pirate stream to avoid all the freezing, resetting and pixelation.

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Does he even get a call up to Brazil? I'm sure he has some sort of talent and would be one of those fallen star type projects that Wenger may be able to bring back to life....but we ain't got time for that.

Who's that other bloke who's even better? Fred is it? The one that can't hit the side of a Boeing 747 factory from 3 yards? We should get him.

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2015, 09:11 AM

Wenger on holiday pissing it up on transfer day :bow:

Power n Glory
01-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Who's that other bloke who's even better? Fred is it? The one that can't hit the side of a Boeing 747 factory from 3 yards? We should get him.

That guy was bloody awful.

adzzzbatch
01-09-2015, 09:16 AM
Is the purple dildo still available?

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/columnists/2015/1/27/1422379179265/alan-irwin-010.jpg

Power n Glory
01-09-2015, 09:23 AM
A lot of that is true in some respects, but the pigs follow the sheep. If everyone got pissed off with the PL and started watching non-league footie then the pigs would be attracted to that because the numbers would work. There needs to be robust discrimination against pigs in all forms of sport. Some of the most iconic moments in sport were delivered in crummy stadiums and on one of the three available TV channels. These pigs aren't required, they don't add value. Hopefully more people are going to start seeing it. Calling BT today to tell them to fuck off with their super duper package. Tried to watch the match on the weekend on that BT Player. Had to switch to a pirate stream to avoid all the freezing, resetting and pixelation.

Yeah, they'll follow but as long as there are no invites for them that's all they can do. Until they come back with a reasonable model, nobody will want what they have on offer and that's the problem problem music industry is having now. Trying to convince a generation that's used to not paying for music to actually pay. Football may be a slower process because of technology but internet speeds keep getting faster and streaming will get better.

Gooner23
01-09-2015, 09:36 AM
Chelsea have 28 players out on loan. Many of them are youth, but still that's fucking mental. Absolute joke of a club.

BT and sky can both fuck off as well.

Seriously disillusioned with professional football.

Marc Overmars
01-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Have to say it's incredibly disappointing to not sign any outfield players. With the money we've got sitting in the bank, does anyone seriously believe that we couldn't find a single player that would make a difference to our team?

We've got a very good squad and after a strong finish to last season I expected us to sign the players needed to give us the edge and to put us on the right side of those fine margins.

What is wrong with you WUMger? Crazy bastard.

adzzzbatch
01-09-2015, 09:39 AM
We have just signed a new commercial deal in Indonesia though :trophy:

Munchies
01-09-2015, 10:19 AM
Have to say it's incredibly disappointing to not sign any outfield players. With the money we've got sitting in the bank, does anyone seriously believe that we couldn't find a single player that would make a difference to our team?

We've got a very good squad and after a strong finish to last season I expected us to sign the players needed to give us the edge and to put us on the right side of those fine margins.

Same shit every year I'm afraid.

Each season our squad is lacking in areas, and over the season, that's what costs us. Eg not signing a striker in 13/14, and signing Kallstrom with his broken back :lol:

Gooner23
01-09-2015, 10:29 AM
"It’s very unlikely Arsenal will make any signings before the deadline. They explored a few options but nothing even got off the ground, let alone coming close. Almost certainly no ins or outs today for the Gunners."

Ornstein has spoken.

Piss poor by the club, but not unexpected.

Munchies
01-09-2015, 10:32 AM
"It’s very unlikely Arsenal will make any signings before the deadline. They explored a few options but nothing even got off the ground, let alone coming close. Almost certainly no ins or outs today for the Gunners."

Ornstein has spoken.

Fuck!

Munchies
01-09-2015, 10:32 AM

Ornstein has spoken.

Fuck!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-09-2015, 10:33 AM
It annoys me the amount of stick Wenger gets (stick he rightly gets) and nothing said about his employers. It's human nature that if your under no pressure to achieve anything but the bare minimum you won't look to do any more and you certainly won't take any risks with your employers money on a achieving what your under no pressure to.

Getting rid of Wenger by itself won't change that, Gazidis needs to make sure that the next manager isn't given a free hand and that competing for and winning titles is a requisite rather than just desirable

Syn
01-09-2015, 10:35 AM
Especially when £200m is just sitting in a Natwest current account. It's just sitting there guys! Doing nothing! Being devalued.

Ralpheroo72
01-09-2015, 10:35 AM
I said this on page 1 of this thread

Ornstein has spoken.

Power n Glory
01-09-2015, 10:42 AM
You could hear from Wenger's early comments that we weren't going to make many major moves. Oh well. It's on him to deliver with what we have.

Syn
01-09-2015, 10:46 AM
It's time for him to go along with the £8m a year he earns. Kloppo is available. He absolutely must go, he HAS to.

Munchies
01-09-2015, 10:47 AM
#WengerOUT
https://twitter.com/hashtag/wengerout?f=tweets&vertical=default&lang=en

Fuckin joke, guys been sitting on his arse

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-09-2015, 10:49 AM
It's time for him to go along with the £8m a year he earns. Kloppo is available. He absolutely must go, he HAS to.

Again why aren't the board accountable, Wenger isn't making them pay him an exorbitant sum. They are happy with him because they and our major share holder just want to turn us into a giant cash cow.

And what good would bringing in Klopp do irrespective we can't sign players till January

Power n Glory
01-09-2015, 10:50 AM
It annoys me the amount of stick Wenger gets (stick he rightly gets) and nothing said about his employers. It's human nature that if your under no pressure to achieve anything but the bare minimum you won't look to do any more and you certainly won't take any risks with your employers money on a achieving what your under no pressure to.

Getting rid of Wenger by itself won't change that, Gazidis needs to make sure that the next manager isn't given a free hand and that competing for and winning titles is a requisite rather than just desirable

Plenty has been said about his employers in the past and they were taking heat for years whilst Wenger's failings ignored. Wenger has to be in the firing line at some point because now you can't deny that the funds are available. He used to use that as an excuse every year and would throw the owner under the bus.

As a sportsman, Wenger's natural instinct should be to aim for gold and success. To improve the team to the best of his ability and it shouldn't take extra coaxing from board members and execs. I don't want a club that interferes with the managers decisions but I hope they're ruthless with him when a top class manager is available and he fails to deliver. That for me is where I expect them to step in. At least we have funds in the bank for a new manager and Wenger deserves the sack if he gets this wrong again.

selassie
01-09-2015, 10:51 AM

I am honestly not that surprised, we went into last season with an exhausted Merts and Chambers as our only senior central defenders, Wenger attempted to correct that sham of a decision with the signing of Gabriel in January.

Why he feels he has to gamble on the squad is anybodies guess.

mastermind84
01-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Again why aren't the board accountable, Wenger isn't making them pay him an exorbitant sum. They are happy with him because they and our major share holder just want to turn us into a giant cash cow.

And what good would bringing in Klopp do irrespective we can't sign players till January
There is money available and if a target is identified, we sign them.

This is Wenger. He has become a coward with old age.

Dein-machine
Wenger & the board are taking the piss out of us & the only reason its been tolerated for so long is due to Wengers earlu success, the pink elephant regarding stadium repayments & recently the 2 cup wins.
Sorry to say it guys, but we need to finish out of the top 4, behind the likes of Liverpool & Utd, who have spent - and then have a mass demonstration. Not aimed at Wenger but aimed at the board. They then need to decide whether they run with a manager who does not understand that nowadays success on the pitch runs parallel with spending heavily on the team or to swap him for someone who actually wants to compete.

Japan Shaking All Over

Back stage at the Kelis concert

selassie
01-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Plenty has been said about his employers in the past and they were taking heat for years whilst Wenger's failings ignored. Wenger has to be in the firing line at some point because now you can't deny that the funds are available. He used to use that as an excuse every year and would throw the owner under the bus.

As a sportsman, Wenger's natural instinct should be to aim for gold and success. To improve the team to the best of his ability and it shouldn't take extra coaxing from board members and execs. I don't want a club that interferes with the managers decisions but I hope they're ruthless with him when a top class manager is available and he fails to deliver. That for me is where I expect them to step in. At least we have funds in the bank for a new manager and Wenger deserves the sack if he gets this wrong again.

:gp:

Totally agree, I've said for a few years now that Wenger isn't using his resources efficiently. It shouldn't be a case of spending like City or not spending at all, there is a middle ground and that is where Wenger is failing IMO.

selassie
01-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Wenger & the board are taking the piss out of us & the only reason its been tolerated for so long is due to Wengers earlu success, the pink elephant regarding stadium repayments & recently the 2 cup wins.
Sorry to say it guys, but we need to finish out of the top 4, behind the likes of Liverpool & Utd, who have spent - and then have a mass demonstration. Not aimed at Wenger but aimed at the board. They then need to decide whether they run with a manager who does not understand that nowadays success on the pitch runs parallel with spending heavily on the team or to swap him for someone who actually wants to compete.

He doesn't need to spend heavily, he just needs to spend. The minimum we required this season was an upgrade on Giroud, I am pretty sure we could of achieved that if we were more proactive and showed more intent in the market. We obviously had our targets but as usual we do the one bid then walk away.

We are not ruthless enough in the market and that will be our undoing this season just like it was last season.

Kano
01-09-2015, 11:00 AM

The argument about his salary is nonsense - any amount paid to a manager or player is ridiculously high, so whether it is 1, 2 or £8m, it’s all disproportionate.

Money spent or not, Wenger can’t escape the failings of building such an unbalanced squad. We have no wingers. A novice DM with under a years experience. A good striker, an average one and another piss poor guy. Add to the usual complaints of playing people out of position and not using his squad enough. Those are the things he can’t hide from.

Kano
01-09-2015, 11:02 AM
He doesn't need to spend heavily, he just needs to spend. The minimum we required this season was an upgrade on Giroud, I am pretty sure we could of achieved that if we were more proactive and showed more intent in the market. We obviously had our targets but as usual we do the one bid then walk away.

We are not ruthless enough in the market and that will be our undoing this season just like it was last season.

Even just another Giroud would be acceptable at this stage. Because as it stands he is the only striker we can rely on to score 15-20 goals. Walcott will not and don't even mention Wellbeck in that conversation. Giroud completely loses form, or gets injured we are screwed, unless Wenger comes to his senses and puts Alexis in the middle where he should be.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-09-2015, 11:04 AM

The point I'm making is that the board are happy with Wenger and are happy without putting him under pressure to achieve.
There is a difference between board room meddling which I agree doesn't work and the approach the board takes summed up by Chips Keswick "when Arsene has a plan we back him, when he doesn't we stay quiet"

It's that laisse faire approach that bothers me, they have the ultimate say over Wengers employment and so it's them I ultimately hold accountable for his lack of action.
Their lack of action over his prevaricating and his reversion to type every time it looks like we've turned a corner is an inditement on them. We blame Wenger purely because he isn't accountable

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-09-2015, 11:07 AM
The argument about his salary is nonsense - any amount paid to a manager or player is ridiculously high, so whether it is 1, 2 or £8m, it’s all disproportionate.

Money spent or not, Wenger can’t escape the failings of building such an unbalanced squad. We have no wingers. A novice DM with under a years experience. A good striker, an average one and another piss poor guy. Add to the usual complaints of playing people out of position and not using his squad enough. Those are the things he can’t hide from.

My point is he doesn't need to hide from these things because he is not accountable to anyone to achieve anything but top four.
It's like in my office, if an employee turns up late every day they just about do the bare minimum and cause resentment amongst other employees...it's their line manager who should be accountable if they fail to address the situation.

Letters
01-09-2015, 11:08 AM
Plenty has been said about his employers in the past and they were taking heat for years whilst Wenger's failings ignored.
It's true. Wenger is constantly praised on here and has had barely any criticism at all.

:sarcy:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-09-2015, 11:12 AM
It's not about whether Wenger deserves criticism or not, in my view the majority of the criticism levelled against him has been legitimate.
The point I'm making is that the board have done nothing to reign in his idiosyncratic flaws and they are in my view just as responsible.

Japan Shaking All Over
01-09-2015, 11:15 AM
Makes me laugh.....says it's highly unlikely that Cavani would sign in time because of the complexities of signing such a high profile player......
1) so why bother going to Paris in any case
2) and if it is so complex a task then why fu&king wait till the last day of the bloody window

I mean wtf does Dick Law do?

Citeh pick up De Bruye in about 2 hours and UTD suddenly did a handful of deals a day after DeGaal said they wouldn't doing any more biz

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Makes me laugh.....says it's highly unlikely that Cavani would sign in time because of the complexities of signing such a high profile player......
1) so why bother going to Paris in any case
2) and if it is so complex a task then why fu&king wait till the last day of the bloody window

I mean wtf does Dick Law do?

Citeh pick up De Bruye in about 2 hours and UTD suddenly did a handful of deals a day after DeGaal said they wouldn't doing any more biz

Wenger going to Paris is a case of people putting two and two together, my understanding is that he has a home there

Power n Glory
01-09-2015, 11:23 AM
The point I'm making is that the board are happy with Wenger and are happy without putting him under pressure to achieve.
There is a difference between board room meddling which I agree doesn't work and the approach the board takes summed up by Chips Keswick "when Arsene has a plan we back him, when he doesn't we stay quiet"

It's that laisse faire approach that bothers me, they have the ultimate say over Wengers employment and so it's them I ultimately hold accountable for his lack of action.
Their lack of action over his prevaricating and his reversion to type every time it looks like we've turned a corner is an inditement on them. We blame Wenger purely because he isn't accountable

If you listen to Gazidis and what he did when the new sponsorship deals were announced, he put a lot of public pressure on Wenger to make a huge signing. He made it known that a player like Rooney and the ridiculous wages he was on wasn't an obstacle to us. I don't they're totally happy and the pressure was on for him to deliver silverware. Maybe after these FA Cup wins he feels some sort of vindication and has breathing space. I don't know.

But what are they supposed to do in this situation? They can't really tell him his team isn't good enough. They can't force a signing on him like so many other clubs do. They just have to make sure the support is there if he needs it, step back and let him walk to glory or off a cliff. I don't blame Wenger because he's not accountable. I blame him because he should know better than any exec on our Board and it's a disgrace if someone has to whisper in his ear to tell him this team isn't good enough. I don't want them involved on the playing side. I just hope they set a higher target for him. Something along the lines of 4th isn't good enough anymore. A domestic trophy and a solid, competitive Prem and CL run is the bear minimum. If we're out of the race by Christmas or out by the last 16 again, you're out of a job!

Power n Glory
01-09-2015, 11:27 AM
It's true. Wenger is constantly praised on here and has had barely any criticism at all.

:sarcy:

That's in recent seasons. Before the new sponsorship deals Gazidis, Ivan and PHW would get it often. Since the new deals they hardly get a mention because our financial state has been made pretty clear. They can't be accused of holding back funds and no more phantom finance discussions about us going broke. That's all stopped.

Syn
01-09-2015, 11:27 AM

The board aren't held accountable because they've made the £200m available to spend but Wenger doesn't want to do it. It's a well known fact that the money is there, and it's just sitting in a Natwest current account doing nothing while inflation devalues it every day. Because that's how billion pound businesses work.

Bumble
01-09-2015, 11:32 AM
I know this might sound negative but I don't think we are going to sign anymore players.

Globalgunner
01-09-2015, 11:36 AM
I know this might sound negative but I don't think we are going to sign anymore players.

Bumble I'm guessing that you have an unruly shock of white hair and a thick moustache. Also that your first name is....maybe Albert?.

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2015, 11:46 AM

Kroenke the Clown will clear £200m from his association with Arsenal however it pans out - either through the constantly rising share value and a later sale, or the eagerness of the fat Russian and a Nigerian bloke to jump in at the first hint. He can't lose. He's smart but he's no sports fan.

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2015, 11:48 AM

He's doing a bloody good job of hiding from it. Season after season.

KSE Comedy Club
01-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Cavani will be signed by 6pm

You heard it here first, or on Twitter......or the telegraph.

Maybe

Japan Shaking All Over
01-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Wenger going to Paris is a case of people putting two and two together, my understanding is that he has a home there

That's cleared that up then.....probably remembered he had left the bath running or something obvious like that......

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2015, 11:51 AM

Maybe

If it's on twatter it must be true.

How are they getting around the fact the European window is closed?

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2015, 11:53 AM
That's cleared that up then.....probably remembered he had left the bath running or something obvious like that......

Left the bath running? :haha:

Wenger uses a measuring jug to fill it at 4am in the morning, when electricity prices are lowest. Covers it all in plastic sheets to catch the condensation.

Marc Overmars
01-09-2015, 11:54 AM
If it's on twatter it must be true.

How are they getting around the fact the European window is closed?

They can still sell I believe, just not buy.

Not that it's going to make a blind bit of difference to us.

Power n Glory
01-09-2015, 11:54 AM

Maybe

Cavani and Rabiot is the rumour.

Syn
01-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Left the bath running? :haha:

Wenger uses a measuring jug to fill it at 4am in the morning, when electricity prices are lowest. Covers it all in plastic sheets to catch the condensation.

Haha true. Wenger's really cheap.

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2015, 11:55 AM
They can still sell I believe, just not buy.

Not that it's going to make a blind bit of difference to us.

How dumb is that? So if PSG can't bring in a replacement then why would they sell?

Perfect time to conduct business for Wenger though, when there's zero chance of getting anything done.

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2015, 11:57 AM
Cavani and Rabiot is the rumour.

That rumour has been going around for weeks. You have to wonder why, if true, it would be left until the last few hours of the window. The rumour developed into no chance Cavani, Rabiot, maybe. Claude even claimed to be an ITK on this one.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-09-2015, 11:57 AM
If you listen to Gazidis and what he did when the new sponsorship deals were announced, he put a lot of public pressure on Wenger to make a huge signing. He made it known that a player like Rooney and the ridiculous wages he was on wasn't an obstacle to us. I don't they're totally happy and the pressure was on for him to deliver silverware. Maybe after these FA Cup wins he feels some sort of vindication and has breathing space. I don't know.

But what are they supposed to do in this situation? They can't really tell him his team isn't good enough. They can't force a signing on him like so many other clubs do. They just have to make sure the support is there if he needs it, step back and let him walk to glory or off a cliff. I don't blame Wenger because he's not accountable. I blame him because he should know better than any exec on our Board and it's a disgrace if someone has to whisper in his ear to tell him this team isn't good enough. I don't want them involved on the playing side. I just hope they set a higher target for him. Something along the lines of 4th isn't good enough anymore. A domestic trophy and a solid, competitive Prem and CL run is the bear minimum. If we're out of the race by Christmas or out by the last 16 again, you're out of a job!

Well this is it, the proof will be in what we acheive this season and how the board react to this, if as I suspect they still offer Wenger a new contract despite not competing for meaningful silverware than there can be no doubt they are equally culpable.
I agree with you in the sense that Gazidis has tried to use the media to levy pressure on Wenger, but it's the major shareholder that doesn't want anything to change

Gooner23
01-09-2015, 11:58 AM
United have spunked 80 million euros on Martial, including bonuses. Wenger will use this example for why he hasn't signed anyone.

Syn
01-09-2015, 11:58 AM
How dumb is that? So if PSG can't bring in a replacement then why would they sell?

Perfect time to conduct business for Wenger though, when there's zero chance of getting anything done.

Well said. It's quite obvious Wenger's putting in bids now because there's no chance they'll be accepted. And then he can turn to the fans and say 'I tried'. And the fans will believe him. But not us two because we're smart innit.

Marc Overmars
01-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Syn drinking during the day again. :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
01-09-2015, 12:02 PM

I bet we sign someone.......I am yet to be let down by the club

Posted from the inside of my mother's stomach

Syn
01-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Don't know what you're talking about.

http://s13.postimg.org/3rem1sp5z/image.jpg

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2015, 12:03 PM
Well said. It's quite obvious Wenger's putting in bids now because there's no chance they'll be accepted. And then he can turn to the fans and say 'I tried'. And the fans will believe him. But not us two because we're smart innit.

In the end, if he doesn't get something done today (and by "he" I mean him and that team he has that is supposedly working around the clock) what he's shown is he can't get things done in the market while every other club seems able, even Utd who appear to be the north's comedy equivalent.

This is meant to be a top operation striving for a place with the elite. Anyone can be sarcastic about the repetitive failures but the failures remain.

Anyway, you don't need to look past Sanogo. What was that all about? How can a man so misunderstood get things that badly wrong?

Syn
01-09-2015, 12:04 PM
In the end, if he doesn't get something done today (and by "he" I mean him and that team he has that is supposedly working around the clock) what he's shown is he can't get things done in the market while every other club seems able, even Utd who appear to be the north's comedy equivalent.

This is meant to be a top operation striving for a place with the elite. Anyone can be sarcastic about the repetitive failures but the failures remain.

Anyway, you don't need to look past Sanogo. What was that all about? How can a man so misunderstood get things that badly wrong?

Agreed mate. Makes me so angry to think how much good that £200m could do to the slums in Africa and Luton. Could've adopted Berahino and given him a career. And instead Wenger prefers to keep it under his mattress while its value disappears. I'm fuming.

AFC Leveller
01-09-2015, 12:05 PM
Same story every summer. Vinegar simple refuses to address key issues so he can prove people wrong.

Niall_Quinn
01-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Agreed mate. Makes me so angry to think how much good that £200m could do to the slums in Africa and Luton. Could've adopted Berahino and given him a career. And instead Wenger prefers to keep it under his mattress while its value disappears. I'm fuming.

When you've had a couple more PM me, I have a little job for you.