PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Munchies
15-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Marco Reus? :whistle:

Niall_Quinn
15-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Chamberlain is out injured as we speak and also has yet to prove his consistent fitness so I don't think Wilshere's fitness is enough reason to turf him out. That kind of thinking would have seen us flog RvP before he did anything of note too.

You might think that is a good thing, but we probably wouldn't have got the money we got for him had he not finally shown what he was capable of.

The gypo lesson isn't sinking in for some. You can keep spending millions to buy up all the shirt sales, FIFA front of box marketers posing as footballers but it doesn't guarantee you'll have a decent squad. We have established talent across the squad now. Some fans want to destroy that for whatever reason. Get rid of Jack, fuck so and so out the door, bring in him, cheeky bid for Messi. FIFA 2015. The gypos have done it. Yes it got them a title but they lost a club in the process.

Bumble
16-04-2015, 12:16 PM
Been linked to Milner, think he is a good versatile player and definitely adds something to the squad. if it did happen wouldn't be surprised if he went in as DCM.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Marco Reus? :whistle:

Aubameyang tbh.

Niall_Quinn
16-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Been linked to Milner, think he is a good versatile player and definitely adds something to the squad. if it did happen wouldn't be surprised if he went in as DCM.

Underwhelming to say the least. I'd rather we keep sending cast-offs to the gypos for big money rather than import their excess baggage at undoubtedly inflated wages.

Marc Overmars
16-04-2015, 03:24 PM
With the homegrown rule coming into effect, it's not beyond all realms of doubt that someone like Milner could fit the bill.

Shaqiri Is Boss
16-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Milner's a decent player. He's a solid player. Unlikely to kick up a fuss, will play wherever you put him on the pitch. Underrated by those who think he's completely useless, overrated by those who somehow think he's integral to City, some technical god and the first name on the sheet for any big game.

One of those for me; I'd happily have him at Liverpool but I wouldn't be losing sleep if we didn't get him. Though it'd probably mean us getting Colback for £25m so maybe I would.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
16-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Bertrand's a decent player. He's a solid player. Unlikely to kick up a fuss, will play wherever you put him on the pitch. Underrated by those who think he's completely useless, overrated by those who somehow think he's integral to his team, some technical god and the first name on the sheet for any big game.

One of those for me; I'd happily have him at Liverpool but I wouldn't be losing sleep if we didn't get him. Though it'd probably mean us getting Colback for £25m so maybe I would.

I tend to agree.

Munchies
21-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Hugo Lloris ready to leave Tottenham to fulfil Champions League dream

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/21/hugo-lloris-tottenham-champions-league

get in Wenger

The Emirates Gallactico
21-04-2015, 10:03 PM
Hugo Lloris ready to leave Tottenham to fulfil Champions League dream

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/21/hugo-lloris-tottenham-champions-league

get in Wenger

I know it's the scum and all but we should be all over like that a dog with a bone especially before Man Utd inevitably start looking for a De Gea replacement.

No reason why Lloris should particularly care about local rivalries when moving clubs.

Marc Overmars
21-04-2015, 10:32 PM
Daniel Levy selling a player to us. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
22-04-2015, 11:21 AM
Worrying post by Arseblog today.
http://arseblog.com/2015/04/ozil-and-alexis-a-vision-of-arsenals-future/

Normally I wouldn't give it a thought but this one has a ring of truth to it. It's just the sort of thing Wenger would do.

Personally I think it would set us back to square one in terms of settling on a midfield where if one player isn't firing another can pick up the slack. We've had that a lot this season with Alexis to the fore, then Santi picking up the slack and now Ozil pulling his weight. Surely we couldn't condone getting rid of any of these three in a hope Ramsey, Wilshere or Ox could slot in. Not with their injury records for starters.

LDG
22-04-2015, 11:26 AM

Normally I wouldn't give it a thought but this one has a ring of truth to it. It's just the sort of thing Wenger would do.

Personally I think it would set us back to square one in terms of settling on a midfield where if one player isn't firing another can pick up the slack. We've had that a lot this season with Alexis to the fore, then Santi picking up the slack and now Ozil pulling his weight. Surely we couldn't condone getting rid of any of these three in a hope Ramsey, Wilshere or Ox could slot in. Not with their injury records for starters.

Don't worry, Diaby will be back :good:

Power n Glory
22-04-2015, 11:38 AM

I said it earlier in the season, Ramsey and Wilshere are problem players. We were terrible when they were both paired together and I don't trust either of them to take over from Santi.

Neither are ready yet and until they play there way back into the team, we shouldn't be getting rid of anybody.

The Emirates Gallactico
22-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Not at all suggesting that Santi or Ozil should be dropped but tbf one of the reason's that Jack/Ramsey didn't work was because they either had an aging Arteta or a woeful Flamini behind them at the start of the season compared to the luxury of a competent and energetic Coquelin.

I don't think Santi is going anywhere yet .... he's far too valuable and Wenger realises this, demonstrated by how much he's played him recently however I do think that Jack is probably going to be Santi's eventual replacement in that deep lying playmaker position given the latter's age. Wouldn't be surprised if we see Santi slightly eased out during the second half of next season and Jack briefed by Wenger to learn from him.

Clearly Jack isn't as good as Santi is yet but given how the amount of talent he does have, he can be. That famous Barca game does show he has the tools for it. All it'll take is some consistency and some hard work, though given some of his off-the-field behaviour recently, I'm worried about the latter.

dostoy
22-04-2015, 01:13 PM
There is a lot to sort out over the summer.

The futures of Podolski , Campbell, Sanogo, Arteta and Flamini have to be resolved one way or another.

We have 3 right backs when Jenkinson returns from West Ham, one of them will go.

The goalkeeper situation as well, I think Sczeney will leave but there is no chance of Lloris coming and Cech is a blue and has been for 11 years.

I think we need another central defender as Mertesacker is getting old and very slow.

We also need another striker as when Giroud is injured, I'm not sure if Welbeck would score enough.

There are also contract issues to sort out with Walcott and maybe Ozil.

There might be other issues as well.

Power n Glory
22-04-2015, 01:17 PM
Not at all suggesting that Santi or Ozil should be dropped but tbf
one of the reason's that Jack/Ramsey didn't work was because they either had an aging Arteta or a woeful Flamini behind them at the start of the season compared to the luxury of a competent and energetic Coquelin.

I don't think Santi is going anywhere yet .... he's far too valuable and Wenger realises this, demonstrated by how much he's played him recently however I do think that Jack is probably going to be Santi's eventual replacement in that deep lying playmaker position given the latter's age. Wouldn't be surprised if we see Santi slightly eased out during the second half of next season and Jack briefed by Wenger to learn from him.

Clearly Jack isn't as good as Santi is yet but given how the amount of talent he does have, he can be. That famous Barca game does show he has the tools for it. All it'll take is some consistency and some hard work, though given some of his off-the-field behaviour recently, I'm worried about the latter.

Not a fan of Arteta or Flamini. Neither should be in the first team but I doubt they're the reason for Ramsey and Wilshere not working together. They just don't work together and I really mean that. They're individuals on the pitch and hardly exchange passes between each other. I can't recall one game where they've worked as a pair and either knew what the others role was. I had a stat break down of the amount of passes they exchanged between themselves it was woeful. We're talking 4 or 5 passes exchanged between them all game. That's really bad. We could go back to the days of Denilson and you wouldn't find such numbers. Our midfield was non-existent whenever we played Wilshere and Ramsey together. No fluidity in our passing and moves breaking down easily all the time.

Master Splinter
22-04-2015, 04:14 PM
Letting Cazorla leave would be mental. He's become more crucial to the team, even with Ozil's return and upturn in consistency and seems to be a leader in the squad and LITERALLY everyone loves him.

It would be hugely surprising if he left.

He's also a guy who would be able to play until he's 40 because it's all in his feet and brain. He doesn't rely on athleticism and physicality.

Niall_Quinn
22-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Letting Cazorla leave would be mental.

There's only one man I can think of who would do such a thing.

Bumble
22-04-2015, 05:00 PM

although Cazorla did wear the captains arm band at the weekend after Mert went off injured so it is possible he will leave.

Maestro
22-04-2015, 07:17 PM

and we have that one man in the family, although it would be the height of his lunacy if he let him go.

Carzola is one of only four world class players we currently have at the club

GP
22-04-2015, 07:24 PM
and we have that one man in the family, although it would be the height of his lunacy if he let him go.

Carzola is one of only four world class players we currently have at the club

Only four?

How many clubs have more than that?

milla
22-04-2015, 08:21 PM
Letting Cazorla leave would be mental. He's become more crucial to the team, even with Ozil's return and upturn in consistency and seems to be a leader in the squad and LITERALLY everyone loves him.

It would be hugely surprising if he left.

He's also a guy who would be able to play until he's 40 because it's all in his feet and brain. He doesn't rely on athleticism and physicality.

Wenger would :coffee:

fakeyank
23-04-2015, 12:58 AM
Sell Wilshere.. Cazorla is untouchable!

Maestro
23-04-2015, 05:43 AM
Only four?

How many clubs have more than that?

sorry need to check myself, i am getting well greedy.

In Carzola, Ozil, Sanchez and Kos, we have some real top top quality there and we should build and not start to destroy that core

Bumble
23-04-2015, 07:33 AM
I always think of World class players as players that could get into any other team in the World. World class is used way too often. These are very good players. Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira were world class players. I don't think these guys are that level.

Niall_Quinn
23-04-2015, 10:47 AM
From what I can see Ozil is the best footballer in the PL, some may argue but I think they are looking for things he doesn't do while ignoring the ridiculously brilliant things he does do. Kos is the best defender, there's a joke going around other clubs laughing at Arsenal fans for thinking that but they'd all take him in a heartbeat and be singing his name a day later. Alexis is the most influential player over 90 minutes, there's no debate about that surely? Cazorla is the best of the Spanish midgets (Silva, Mata), again you'll hear howls from opposition fans but Santi is the most naturally gifted technician in the league.

The question is, who from any other PL team would you bring in to replace one of these four?

Kompany or Terry for Kos? I don't think so.
Hazard for Ozil? Not in a million.
Silva for Santi. Maybe last year but not this season.
Anyone at all (take your pick) for Alexis? You can have Di Maria, Matic, Aguero, Sterling, Sturridge, Rooney, anyone at all. Would you do it?

I also think Ox already craps all over the "big" name stars at other clubs and if he can sort out his injury issues and get a run in the team he may turn out to be the best of the bunch. Closest I have seen to Ryan Giggs (admit it he was good) since... Ryan Giggs.

Wilshere could have been but lacks the temperament. He probably won't make it.

Ramsey could be but lacks the consistency. Some of his play last year was from a different planet.

Is this rose tinted? Think about it and you'll see it's not. Think about letting any of these players go in return for some big transfer target, Cavani (how did Falcao work out), Sterling (how did Di Maria work out), Hummels (how did Luiz work out), and so on. Who are you going to get that you would have confidence in to deliver what the guys we already have are delivering?

Here's one for you. Who would take Neymar over Giroud? Messi yes. But Neymar? Not a chance.

World class these days is just as much world class hype as anything else. Rooney? Kompany? Are you serious? These are fuck average players bigged up by the media.

We certainly have 4 or 5 PL super stars at Arsenal right now. Maybe they wouldn't get into an all-world 11, except for Ozil who would surely get into any team. But they'd compete okay for most non-circus acts out there. How about Kos getting into the Barca team. Considering they bought Tommy from us (and we escaped prosecution for that one some how) I suggest Kos would walk into their first team.

Santi would probably not start for a Barca or a Marketing, not because he's not a world class talent but because there are some seriously good players in that role.

Alexis they let go, but only because they were bringing in Suarez. People still go on about Alexis not cutting it at Barca. They ignore his record though. Fabulous, world class player without any doubt.

And Diaby. How can you say he is not world class at what he does. He'd walk into any team's medical centre, anywhere in the world and make anyone else already in there seem second rate.

Power n Glory
23-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Some good points but it's rose tinted as well. Some of the players on that list would flourish in our set up but would get lost over at certain clubs that have no business buying them. I'd take Cavani and Falcao over Giroud easily. They'd flourish in our team just like Giroud has and probably surpass him. Giroud would sufffer badly if he went to Manure or PSG with their style of play. That's football. Some of the bigger clubs are more concerned about marketing and shirt sells over football. No balance and they destabilise there own team with every big name attacking purchase because they have to shoehorn them into a side that's already attack heavy.

Munchies
23-04-2015, 03:00 PM
Great post NQ

fakeyank
23-04-2015, 06:41 PM
Ozil is the best footballer in the PL!?!??! That has got to be awarded the most over the top post here in the last 5 years!! Despite how good of a form he has been since he got back from his injury, I'd take Hazard over him any day of the week.

Again, comparing Neymar to Giroud is not right.. Neymar plays all over the front line while Giroud plays upfront only. As a lone striker holding the line, Giroud is better than Neymar but as a versatile forward able to switch wings and beat a defender by trickery or pace, Neymar is better.

Silva and Santi are on par... if you take both their performances since coming to England, I think Silva just shades it over Santi.

I would take Kos over Terry and Kompany also. He is definitely one of the best CB's in the league right now. About Sanchez.. what can you say? He is a phenom.. he has everything in his locker to be up there amongst TH14 and DB10 as the best Arsenal players ever (if he stays with us long enough).

I do think we have a solid team with a couple of world class players (Sanchez and Kos) but some of the comments on that post are way over the top.

Globalgunner
23-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Ozil is great but he is utterly inadequate in front of goal. To the point I would say of cowardice. He is not some comely 20 year old. He is a FKN World cup winner. The times I have seen him pass up a nailed on pot at goal for a pass is infuriating. He needs to add goals. He has enough chances each year to score 12 or 15. Do that and he would be better than Hazard

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
23-04-2015, 11:51 PM
Rose tinted NQ. That's not to say you don't have a point anywhere but you'd struggle to find neutrals who'd wholly agreed with all of that!

Bumble
24-04-2015, 12:58 PM
I was thinking about this on the way in to work. Beating Chelsea on Sunday will show that we aren't far away from mounting a proper challenge. We have two good keepers, 3 experienced CBs plus one youngster, good competition at full backs. Plenty of midfielders and pace in the side. Flamini and Diaby perhaps even Rosicky can leave and we replace with another energetic defensive midfielder. If Walcott doesn't sign a contract look at a swap deal involving Sterling and we should really be there.

I just don't see why we would get rid of Cazorla though. no need to get rid of any players unless they really want to leave.

Syn
24-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Hazard has been the best player in the league this season. He's been much better than Ozil. Forget his penalties, but his ability and influence in big games is unrivalled. Ozil's a classier player to watch but lacks the impact Hazard has. But tbf to Ozil, he has upped his game recently. Physically he's a lot stronger and seems determined to improve. And so bets are off next season. Ozil's the most talented player in the league, he needed to get physically and mentally stronger to properly become eye-catching for non- Arsenal fans. He'll do that next season. He'll also score 20 goals.

Marc Overmars
24-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Not sure Ozil is ever really going to become polished infront of goal, I just don't think it's in his nature. His intelligence is what makes him the player he is, however the trouble for players like him is that he's only ever going to be as good as the player making a run or scoring a goal from his pass.

Hazard is a different player, more explosiveness to what he does.

Syn
24-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Ozil's the brainiest player we've had since Pires. He reads the game incredibly well. He was looking good for a few more goals until Wenger moved him back in midfield and put Ramsey out wide. He doesn't need to be a particularly good finisher, he knows exactly where to be and I think goals will come as a result of that.

But anyway I'm happy with his contribution now. He's turning up for the big games now which is good news.

Marc Overmars
24-04-2015, 07:55 PM
United close to signing Gundogan - SSN

McNamara That Ghost...
24-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Mesut. :bow:

He doesn't need to 'add goals', that's the Jamie Carragher school of thinking. He is all about the team, probably too much but think of it this way, could be two trophies in two seasons with him.

GP
24-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Mesoot is great. Wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Penguin
25-04-2015, 06:57 PM
To me, Ozil actually seems much more hungry for goals this season. Apart from that strange decision to pass to Ramsey against West Ham, he normally shoots if he's in a good position whereas last season he looked like he was afraid or embarrassed to have a shot. The Ronaldo effect is finally wearing out.

He's not going to be popping off 30 yard pot shots, he doesn't have that shot in his repertoire. But he is pretty good with those low, precise side footers inside the box. He'll easily get double figures next season.

adzzzbatch
26-04-2015, 08:18 AM
To me, Ozil actually seems much more hungry for goals this season. Apart from that strange decision to pass to Ramsey against West Ham, he normally shoots if he's in a good position whereas last season he looked like he was afraid or embarrassed to have a shot. The Ronaldo effect is finally wearing out.

He's not going to be popping off 30 yard pot shots, he doesn't have that shot in his repertoire. But he is pretty good with those low, precise side footers inside the box. He'll easily get double figures next season.

His free kicks aren't too shabby either.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
26-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Am I the only one who's a bit surprised Hazard has been hailed as a no brainer for Player of the season. I expected Alexis to feature in peoples thoughts a little more. Even when he hasn't played well he's often had an influence.

More than happy with Ozil right now. It will be interesting to see who we sign in the summer. The squad can obviously be improved but it is arguably complete.

Marc Overmars
26-04-2015, 09:49 AM
He's probably been perceived as better because Chelsea are going to win the league. Great player but I don't think Alexis has been any less special, in fact you could argue Alexis is more deserving because he still shone when the team was struggling for form.

GP
26-04-2015, 09:55 AM
Plus, Alexis isn't a diving little shitbag scrote.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 10:40 AM
Plus, Alexis isn't a diving little shitbag scrote.

That's what's gone against him. Diving at critical moments and changing a game is a speciality of Hazard. Alexis stays on his feet. Net result, Hazard gets the penalty, Alexis loses the ball. Provided the pundits and the media overlook the cheating (which they are excellent at doing) this makes Hazard the more influential player. It will probably be a moment of diving inspiration that separates the teams today. Then we can have the big write ups, Hazard guns down Wenger's boys... Jamie Redknapp can do an analysis of how Hazard is better than Messi.

No, I'm not in the least surprised Hazard has been ushered in as the player of the season. It gives a useful gloss to what will be an otherwise dreadful team of anti-footballing robots winning tBLitWtbf. Can't have a glorified Stoke winning it, can we?

milla
26-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Am I the only one who's a bit surprised Hazard has been hailed as a no brainer for Player of the season. I expected Alexis to feature in peoples thoughts a little more. Even when he hasn't played well he's often had an influence.

More than happy with Ozil right now. It will be interesting to see who we sign in the summer. The squad can obviously be improved but it is arguably complete.

Add Reus to our front three :cloud9:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2015, 05:50 PM
Add Reus to our front three :cloud9:

Another player who isn't quite an out and out striker?

Good plan that

milla
26-04-2015, 05:52 PM
Another player who isn't quite an out and out striker?

Good plan that

Reus would make a perfect wide forward, he is not a CF but would make a great wide forward or second striker. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Can anyone name a good striker that's available? Not sure I can.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
26-04-2015, 09:45 PM
It ain't easy, that's fore sure. Wouldn't turn my nose up at Reus.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 09:55 PM
Transfer Wenger out and a modern manager in and we are set, That's the biggest and most important transfer we could make in the summer.

dostoy
27-04-2015, 09:36 AM
Jackson Martinez is available from Porto.

I cannot see Wenger signing him as he is 29 soon, same as Giroud.

I like Aubameyang from Dortmund.

Globalgunner
27-04-2015, 03:00 PM
I thought Dybala was a done deal?

fakeyank
27-04-2015, 03:04 PM
I hear Balotelli is available

The Emirates Gallactico
27-04-2015, 03:06 PM
I thought Dybala was a done deal?

Last I heard is that he wants to stay in Italy so Juventus is apparently his preferred destination.

Don't think he's a fan of England and is pretty vary after what happened to Lamela so it'd probably be either Barca/RM or possibly a PSG.

If we were to go in for a striker it has to be Lacazzette for me. All the hallmarks of being the next Henry.

The Emirates Gallactico
27-04-2015, 03:07 PM

After all the people clamouring for him last year all I have to say is thank god we avoided that mess.

GP
27-04-2015, 03:08 PM
After all the people clamouring for him last year all I have to say is thank god we avoided that mess.

No manager in his right mind would even want him.

dostoy
27-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Lyon are going to be in the CL next season and Lacazzette would be very expensive.

Dortmund are not going to be in the CL next year, they are a selling club for the right price and I don't think Aubameyang would cost more than 20 million.

I would also like Kondogbia from Monaco to give Coquelin competition.

We need to get rid of a few players as well.

Marc Overmars
27-04-2015, 03:22 PM
I think Aubameyang is perfect for us.

Though I'm not convinced any new striker we might buy is going to have the opportunity to play up front, they'll undoubtedly need to operate from the right or left to accommodate Giroud.

The Emirates Gallactico
27-04-2015, 03:32 PM
No manager in his right mind would even want him.

Brendon :lol:

Lyon are going to be in the CL next season and Lacazzette would be very expensive.

Dortmund are not going to be in the CL next year, they are a selling club for the right price and I don't think Aubameyang would cost more than 20 million.

I would also like Kondogbia from Monaco to give Coquelin competition.

We need to get rid of a few players as well.

We've got money though and the lure of being one of the top dogs in world football now. Plus Lacazzette is French ..... honestly think he'd drive all the way to North London himself if Wenger came calling. Not sure if Wenger would go in for him with Giroud and Welbeck here but for me he's the replacement for Giroud when he gets too old.

This goes to MO as well but I'm one of the few that doesn't rate Aubameyang. Seems like Theo without the same end product; all pace but not enough consistent quality. We should be passing bringing in players like that and instead it should be ones that actually improve the squad.

I'd take Kondogbia though I'd prefer Schniderlin as he offers a different skillset to Coquelin. He's basically a better and younger version of Arteta whereas Kondogbia seems more of a Coquelin clone. And (this applies to Morgan as well) but I'm not sure Wenger is a fan of having two players from the same nationality compete for the same position in a team ..... may mean that we go in for a Kramer or Bender instead.

dostoy
27-04-2015, 03:55 PM
The two players from the same nationality is a good point, this is why we are not going to get Benzema from Madrid, although why would he leave them anyway.

I don't think Kondogbia is first choice for France, its Schneiderlin or Sissoko in that role.

Aubameyang has scored a lot of goals for Dortmund this season.

We will have to see.

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-04-2015, 04:05 PM

Deal.

mr_brighterside
27-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Pogba and Cech ftw

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
27-04-2015, 09:18 PM
I'm not sure why Aubemeyang is a player we should spend our best efforts on or why Lacazette whatever the hell his name is should cost the earth. Kondogbia isn't really third choice for France is he? Bloody hell.

I would take Sissoko, Kondogbia or the unspellable one from Southampton. Perhaps even something left centre like Hummels and play him at CB or CDM.

I like Martinez but he is getting on a bit.

fakeyank
27-04-2015, 09:28 PM
These are what we need to do (realistically)

OUT: Flamini, Walcott, Diaby, Arteta OR Rosicky

IN: Wanyama OR Schneiderlin, Sterling

Walcott can be a straight swap for Sterling. I wouldnt want to offload both Arteta and Rosicky at one go... personally I'd offload Arteta but Arteta is less injury prone compared to Rosicky, and also younger.

I would ideally like us to get a solid CF, but I am leaning towards giving an extended run to Welbeck. At this moment, he looks clueless but I think with proper coaching, he can be a very effective striker.

This is all the business we need to do. Other than that, all we need is proper management of resources and having solid tactics.

The Emirates Gallactico
28-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Juliens Laurens who's one of the journalists with good contacts within the club and with good connections to the French players in the PL apparently said in an interview with the AST last night that Lloris has a €20m release-clause for any Champions League club should the scum not qualify themselves this summer.

Wenger should be preparing a bid right now. Would take it just to piss them off as well.

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-04-2015, 03:58 PM
Walcott can be a straight swap for Sterling.

:lol:

No thanks.

fakeyank
28-04-2015, 04:00 PM

No thanks.

Shush! I am advocating for Balo too.. do you want us to take him or not?! :lol:

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-04-2015, 04:01 PM
Shush! I am advocating for Balo too.. do you want us to take him or not?! :lol:

...I'll bring them round in the morning.

fakeyank
28-04-2015, 05:16 PM
:lol: :haha:

The Emirates Gallactico
29-04-2015, 12:58 AM
These are what we need to do (realistically)

OUT: Flamini, Walcott, Diaby, Arteta OR Rosicky

IN: Wanyama OR Schneiderlin, Sterling

Walcott can be a straight swap for Sterling. I wouldnt want to offload both Arteta and Rosicky at one go... personally I'd offload Arteta but Arteta is less injury prone compared to Rosicky, and also younger.

I would ideally like us to get a solid CF, but I am leaning towards giving an extended run to Welbeck. At this moment, he looks clueless but I think with proper coaching, he can be a very effective striker.

This is all the business we need to do. Other than that, all we need is proper management of resources and having solid tactics.

Wanyama is the new Tiote tbh. Physically imposing and a scrote, but technically awful at the top level. Can't pass to save his life. Do not want him anywhere near the club. We can and will hopefully be doing better than him.

Also don't think Sterling is any better than Theo right now. He's just plays more games for Liverpool and is more of a star player for them (because their squad isn't as good as ours) which may give a false impression.

Even though I'm kind of pissed off with Theo with his supposed contract demands, I'd much rather keep him than go in for Sterling tbh. The Bin Dippers can keep him.

fakeyank
29-04-2015, 04:12 AM
Walcott has looked flat out ineffective since he has got back. I cant think of a single game where he has looked even half decent. Sterling is young and has been 100 times better than Theo (this doesnt say much for Sterling). Sterling has room to improve.. Theo has none. If its a straight swap with no cash changing hands, we should bite their hands off.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Sterling has been average this season, Theo has been injured and relegated to the bench because the team is doing okay without him. That's about as much as you can say about the two. Like all these lightweight speed merchants they need decent players around them to really shine. Sterling lost Suarez. Sturridge suffered the same fate. They are a shadow of last season. Meanwhile we signed Alexis who is so superior that Theo can't get a sniff. Sterling wouldn't be able to either. I saw that Griezmann has a £43mill buyout clause and the chavs are interested. Crazy money but Liverpool would probably want the same for Sterling.

GP
29-04-2015, 11:35 AM
I'd like us to sign that french fella, plays for Lyon, I think. Can't remember his name. Probably Claude or Marcel something.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2015, 12:10 PM
I'd like us to sign that french fella, plays for Lyon, I think. Can't remember his name. Probably Claude or Marcel something.

le CheeseMinkey? He's a whiner.

dostoy
29-04-2015, 12:45 PM
If we need another centre back then what about Carl Jenkinson.

He is only 23, 6'1 and has done well for West Ham in the right back role this season.

Wenger might want to try and convert him into a CB as he is the right age / size.

Also, we must get rid of :

Podolski sell

Campbell Prob sell

Sanogo loan

Akpom loan

Flamini sell / release

Arteta sell / release

Chambers loan

Diaby release

There are also question marks about Walcott and Wilshere.

A new striker and a defensive midfielder are a must.

Also a new goalkeeper to replace the polish one but who.

I do not want Cech as he is a blue and not Casillas either.

A Gunner
29-04-2015, 03:22 PM
When we first bought Carl, they said he can play right back and centre back.

Penguin
29-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Sterling is a better talent than Theo and has a much higher ceiling. I wouldn't necessarily say that he's a better player yet, because he doesn't have the end product, but his overall game is already better.

Liverpool wont swap him for Theo.

If we need another centre back then what about Carl Jenkinson.
Please no :lol:

He's a gooner, and I love him, but he's not good enough.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2015, 08:07 PM

Tape cassette?

Fist of Lehmann
29-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Steed Malbranque :good:

Munchies
30-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger ready to challenge Man Utd for Ilkay Gundogan
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11574934/Arsenal-transfer-news-Arsene-Wenger-ready-to-challenge-Man-Utd-for-Ilkay-Gundogan.html

AFC Leveller
30-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger ready to challenge Man Utd for Ilkay Gundogan
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11574934/Arsenal-transfer-news-Arsene-Wenger-ready-to-challenge-Man-Utd-for-Ilkay-Gundogan.html

The German international suffers from spondylolisthesis, a deformity in his lower back that can lead to hamstring injuries, and he was sidelined for over a year.

get him asap.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
30-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Tastes better free hey.

I think we should challenge the league even if we don't make any changes....but we've got to get somebody out of Dortmund in light of their departing deranged manager. At least one. Reus, Hummels.....somebody!

Niall_Quinn
30-04-2015, 11:27 PM
Tastes better free hey.

I think we should challenge the league even if we don't make any changes....but we've got to get somebody out of Dortmund in light of their departing deranged manager. At least one. Reus, Hummels.....somebody!

How about Klopp? He's available.

fakeyank
01-05-2015, 05:12 AM
:gp:

Letters
01-05-2015, 08:47 AM
Can you imagine this place if Klopp had a season at Arsenal like he's had at Dortmund this year :lol:
And yet you're still all sucking his ##

GP
01-05-2015, 08:52 AM
Don't drink the kool-aid!

Globalgunner
01-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Can you imagine this place if Klopp had a season at Arsenal like he's had at Dortmund this year :lol:
And yet you're still all sucking his ##

Klopp is a better manager than Wenger on any comparable benchmark. Also we have had broadly similar seasons to Dortmunds before here at Arsenal. In fact many. I am pretty sure Dortmund will still qualify for Europa, either by league position or cup. Have we not been 16th or thereabouts after 10 games recently under Wenger. It's where you finish that counts, which is what the club tells us year after year anyways

Letters
01-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Klopp is a better manager than Wenger on any comparable benchmark
There aren't any 'comparable benchmarks'. You can't quantify how 'good' a manager is in any sensible way, especially when you're talking about two people working in different leagues in difference circumstances.

Also we have had broadly similar seasons to Dortmunds before here at Arsenal
Not under Wenger...

Letters
01-05-2015, 09:17 AM
Have we not been 16th or thereabouts after 10 games recently under Wenger.
Oh, and no.
After this year's 'disastrous' start we were 4th after 10 games.
EDIT: Our lowest position all season was 8th.

GP
01-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Oh, and no.
After this year's 'disastrous' start we were 4th after 10 games.
EDIT: Our lowest position all season was 8th.

Dortmund were rock bottom for a while. We've never had a season like that.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
01-05-2015, 09:36 AM
Here's an interesting poser, assume for a second it's April 2014 and Arsenal have put themselves in the same exalted position as Liverpool had done, with three games left only seven points is needed to secure the title with fixtures against Chelsea at home (still in the champions league and realistically very little hope of winning the title), Crystal Palace away (already safe) and Newcastle at home.

Yes or no?...Would he have got us over the line?.

GP
01-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Here's an interesting poser, assume for a second it's April 2014 and Arsenal have put themselves in the same exalted position as Liverpool had done, with three games left only seven points is needed to secure the title with fixtures against Chelsea at home (still in the champions league and realistically very little hope of winning the title), Crystal Palace away (already safe) and Newcastle at home.

Yes or no?...Would he have got us over the line?.

Wenger?

Yes.

Globalgunner
01-05-2015, 09:52 AM
There aren't any 'comparable benchmarks'. You can't quantify how 'good' a manager is in any sensible way, especially when you're talking about two people working in different leagues in difference circumstances.

Not under Wenger...
If there is no basis for comparison. Then what is your basis for dismissing him out of hand as a replacement for Wenger? ? 1 bad season does not define a manager who has won 2 league titles back to back, which Wenger has never done. The 2 times we were in the same CL group with Dortmund, they were above us after 6 games. The season Aston Villa gave us a bumpy start, we were in the bottom half a fair bit before rallying as we usually do. It's not to say we've never been lower than 8th. Not true.

Letters
01-05-2015, 10:23 AM
If there is no basis for comparison. Then what is your basis for dismissing him out of hand as a replacement for Wenger?
I wouldn't say I'm dismissing him out of hand, and I don't think one bad season makes him a bad manager. And I didn't say there was no basis for comparison, you said 'Klopp is a better manager than Wenger on any comparable benchmark'. It was that I was disputing, what comparable benchmarks do you mean? And how do they show Klopp is better?

What I don't understand is the fawning over Klopp and the dismissal of Wenger as a bumbling buffoon. Wenger has never had a season anywhere near as poor as Klopp is having this year. We're in the Cup Final and looking good to finish 2nd, we got off to a shaky start but if we finish strongly it will have been a good season. While Wenger hasn't won back to back titles he has won a whole lot more than Klopp has. Over a longer period, admittedly, but he's been very consistent as Arsenal manager. Top 4 isn't the be all and end all but it is important in terms of revenue and status, to keep us up there over such a long period in the era of billionaire cheats and the stadium move should not be dismissed. His failure to win trophies for so long shouldn't be ignored either of course but we started to put that right last season and we're back in the final this year. We finally have a squad I believe can challenge seriously for the title. Wenger gets no credit for any of that.

I'm not convinced a CL group, effectively a mini-league of 6 games, is a sensible basis for comparison. The season Villa gave us a bumpy start was last year, we won 8 of our next 9 games and were top for much of the season. A few years ago, 2011/12, we did have a much bumpier start, we lost 3 of our first 7. We were 15th after that but we won our next two after which we were in 7th and we never fell below that. Even in the lasagnagate season when we just snuck above Spurs on the last day we never fell below 8th all season (well, 9th after 2 games, but be fair...)

It's not to say we've never been lower than 8th. Not true.

No, it's not. But it is true to say we've never had a season anywhere near as bad as Klopp has. We've not been below 8th all season this year and there were banners at the ground. Dortmund were bottom after 19 games before rallying. And yet Klopp is clearly the better manager, apparently.

The Emirates Gallactico
01-05-2015, 11:09 AM
I wholly agree with Letters about Klopp. Bear in mind Germany is a less competitive league than the PL and with less "big teams" than there are here which puts Wenger's record in perspective. It's been an absolutely god awful for Klopp this year and he should shoulder most of the blame for it. Even if he scrapes into Europa, that'd probably be equivalent to finishing about tenth here I reckon. Even in our god awful years we've always managed to at least get CL football.

I still think ultimately Klopp is the best man to succeed Wenger but he's going to be a risk, make no doubt about it. There are a few things he may be better than Wenger in but there are a lot of things he's probably a lot worse in and will need to improve.

The German international suffers from spondylolisthesis, a deformity in his lower back that can lead to hamstring injuries, and he was sidelined for over a year.

get him asap.

Don't forget, he plays in CM ..... a position we're obviously really short in at the moment. :rolleyes:

Sigh, with Wenger's love for them, I guess I'll start ordering the shirt right now then.

Marc Overmars
01-05-2015, 11:21 AM
I think Klopp is a better manager than this season suggests, one bad season doesn't erase his past success. It's very difficult to achieve anything in Germany right now with Satan's other team Bayern calling the shots, think what Chelsea are here and multiply that by 10.

Wenger has his flaws and I believe it's time to move on, I don't think he's capable of conveying the same mentality to his team as someone like Mourinho does to his, as much as it pains me to say it. However he's consistent and that's not something that should be taken for granted, the safest pair of hands in the business for my money. So by definition it's going to be a gamble whoever his replacement is regardless of what they've achieved.

selassie
01-05-2015, 12:30 PM
I think Klopp is a better manager than this season suggests, one bad season doesn't erase his past success. It's very difficult to achieve anything in Germany right now with Satan's other team Bayern calling the shots, think what Chelsea are here and multiply that by 10.

Wenger has his flaws and I believe it's time to move on, I don't think he's capable of conveying the same mentality to his team as someone like Mourinho does to his, as much as it pains me to say it. However he's consistent and that's not something that should be taken for granted, the safest pair of hands in the business for my money. So by definition it's going to be a gamble whoever his replacement is regardless of what they've achieved.

Yeah I agree with this.

Klopp took over at Dortmund when they were a bit of a sleeping giant, at the time they were languishing mid table amounting to nothing.

He built them up pretty much from scratch and on a shoestring budget, a lot of the stars at Dortmund were either youth players on the scrapheap at other clubs, players he developed through their youth system or unfancied players from smaller clubs both in Germany and abroad.

The facts are that Klopp built Dortmund into the best side in German and one of the best in Europe, all this built on an efficient system of attractive football. You could argue at one point they were the best team in Europe, they were certainly better than Bayern for a few seasons even when Bayern were throwing money around like it was going out of fashion. Bayern Munich soon put paid to Dortmund's mini dominance by raiding them, Gotze first, then Lewandowski followed.

Klopp is about as good as we could possible expect post Wenger, he's a top class manager and one very poor season doesn't change that.

He can still salvage the little credit they deserve from this season by winning the German Cup though I am not so sure they will beat Wolfsburg.

AFC Leveller
01-05-2015, 10:53 PM

I agree. In terms of safe choices and consistancy, AW is one of the best around. He wont win us the league title even though we have the players to do it but he also wont drop out of the top 4.

Klopp would be a great choise though and i think he'd fancy managing us because we have eveyrthing in place and would offer him stability and the right resources to succeed.

AFC Leveller
01-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Yeah I agree with this.

Klopp took over at Dortmund when they were a bit of a sleeping giant, at the time they were languishing mid table amounting to nothing.

He built them up pretty much from scratch and on a shoestring budget, a lot of the stars at Dortmund were either youth players on the scrapheap at other clubs, players he developed through their youth system or unfancied players from smaller clubs both in Germany and abroad.

The facts are that Klopp built Dortmund into the best side in German and one of the best in Europe, all this built on an efficient system of attractive football. You could argue at one point they were the best team in Europe, they were certainly better than Bayern for a few seasons even when Bayern were throwing money around like it was going out of fashion. Bayern Munich soon put paid to Dortmund's mini dominance by raiding them, Gotze first, then Lewandowski followed.

Klopp is about as good as we could possible expect post Wenger, he's a top class manager and one very poor season doesn't change that.

He can still salvage the little credit they deserve from this season by winning the German Cup though I am not so sure they will beat Wolfsburg.

If reports are to be believed, City and Real both want him next season and are just waiting for their respective managers to end the season before approaching him.

He'd be a great choise for us though.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-05-2015, 11:11 PM
I'm not convinced Klopp is any better than Wenger.

The squad he has had is probably the best group of players Dortmund have ever had. For all the stick people are giving Wenger (for all manner of things), if he had only bought the signings he made in January, namely, Gabriel, last summer the conversation might be totally different by now.

This summer there is no glaring gap in the squad necessarily so it is an interesting time at the club for that alone.

Globalgunner
02-05-2015, 11:58 AM

The squad he has had is probably the best group of players Dortmund have ever had. For all the stick people are giving Wenger (for all manner of things), if he had only bought the signings he made in January, namely, Gabriel, last summer the conversation might be totally different by now.

This summer there is no glaring gap in the squad necessarily so it is an interesting time at the club for that alone.

This kind of statement is highly infuriating. Do you know that Dortmund have won the CL in 1997?. How can this team be their best ever?.

So this team we have now is complete. With 1 slow defender, who needs replacing. 2 inadequate DM who Wenger might be tempted to hold on to out of foolish sentiment. Our best striker Giroud is only second tier quality at best. If we keep this squad w/o the needed reinforcements when all around us are improving. Then another 4th place (at best) is our only hope next season.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
02-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Infuriating hey? It was Rafael Honingstein who first put the idea (at least to me) forward that it was their best ever squad. I know Emirates gooner and a few others respect his view and it is easy to understand why when you listen to him speaking about football and being a German football expert. I tended to agree with his view that it is the best squad of players they've had, but I'll openly admit to not being familiar with every gone by year in their history. I'm not sure why you find the view infuriating. It is at least debatable.

I also and simply said there is no glaring gap in the squad so why you even begun to mention/intimate this that and the other needs ridding of is anyone's guess? Nor does my very reasonable statement mean I don't want the squad to be improved. That would be an alarming assertion.

A pertinent question would be whether those who've particularly impressed this season, namely, Alexis, Nacho, Coq and YES, Giroud, can be expected to continue impressing or not. That would give us an idea about just what shape we will be in to challenge for the title next season.

mr_brighterside
04-05-2015, 10:17 AM
bbc football gossip hasn't linked us to anyone for a while. who do people think we'll get? (other than 3 or 4 ACMs)

I think we need cech, a cb and a centre forward otherwise we look pretty solid.

also some bionic limbs for walcott and wilshere wouldn't go amiss.....

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
04-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Just on the whole criticism Theo and Jack get for being injured..... Chamberlain the kid people are using as some sort of reason to push Theo out the club has basically not played in ages due to injury. Very few have even mentioned it since he got injured.

I get that we are pretty tired of seeing the injuries to those two above but if we're being honest it's not just the pair of them it's happening to.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2015, 12:29 PM
If we keep the squad together we have good depth to take into next season. We haven't had this depth in a decade. It's great to be able to call on the likes of Walcott and Wilshere if we need them, previously when these two were injured it left a quality gap in the team. Now they can't get on the pitch. This is the ideal place to be. We'll get more injuries, form will come and go, Theo and Jack will get their chance then it's up to them to take it and force the manager to sit somebody else on the bench. Add to it by all means but don't fuck it up by taking anything away.

milla
04-05-2015, 01:22 PM
If we keep the squad together we have good depth to take into next season. We haven't had this depth in a decade. It's great to be able to call on the likes of Walcott and Wilshere if we need them, previously when these two were injured it left a quality gap in the team. Now they can't get on the pitch. This is the ideal place to be. We'll get more injuries, form will come and go, Theo and Jack will get their chance then it's up to them to take it and force the manager to sit somebody else on the bench. Add to it by all means but don't fuck it up by taking anything away.

It is hard to say for Jack, with Ramsey as his direct competitor for the 2nd CM. One of them has to be on the bench, you can bet neither of them will tolerate that. I don't want to see us playing with any of them as our no 10 or as a wide striker. They are not good at it. Same goes with Theo, if Chamberlain is fit, I will definitely prefer Chamberlain on a starting lineup. Would he tolerate it? Would the manager justify £100k player sitting on the bench week in and week out. It didn't work with Wiltord, it didn't work with Podolski, don't think it will work with Jack and Theo. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2015, 01:44 PM
The alternative (which we have tried) is a lightweight squad patched with youngsters from the reserves when necessary. It didn't work. If we are a big club with big ambitions a quality squad with depth is essential. All of the players must be prepared to sit on the bench, that's part and parcel of challenging on all fronts. Of course Wenger's idea of squad rotation is to change all 11 for the cup and then flog the first team to death for everything else. I mean proper squad rotation. As for the wages, that's just a sad reality of the game today. £100K has become the starting basic for even average players, provided their agent has set the hype levels correctly. Watching the games this weekend demonstrated such a lack of basic technique in so many PL players, it's a scandal they get paid these ludicrous amounts. But that's how it is now we have chavs and gypos doping up the sport. If we don't want to go along with it then we also have to accept second tier status.

milla
04-05-2015, 02:23 PM
The alternative (which we have tried) is a lightweight squad patched with youngsters from the reserves when necessary. It didn't work. If we are a big club with big ambitions a quality squad with depth is essential. All of the players must be prepared to sit on the bench, that's part and parcel of challenging on all fronts. Of course Wenger's idea of squad rotation is to change all 11 for the cup and then flog the first team to death for everything else. I mean proper squad rotation. As for the wages, that's just a sad reality of the game today. £100K has become the starting basic for even average players, provided their agent has set the hype levels correctly. Watching the games this weekend demonstrated such a lack of basic technique in so many PL players, it's a scandal they get paid these ludicrous amounts. But that's how it is now we have chavs and gypos doping up the sport. If we don't want to go along with it then we also have to accept second tier status.

One way around this is to start winning more trophies, Man U during Fergie days didn't have too many highly paid players. But the players know if they stay, they have more chance to win medals (justifying less time on the pitch and lower wages). :coffee:

Penguin
04-05-2015, 03:18 PM

Surely Klopp deserves credit for assembling that group of players though? He built that team almost from scratch, and he spent peanuts to bring in some of his best players in Lewandowski, Hummels and Gundogan. The difference here is that when Klopp identifies a weakness in his squad he goes and strengthens there, whereas Wenger fails to even see glaringly obvious weaknesses. How long has he neglected the DM position, and only filled it by pure luck.

It's true that now Wenger has (finally) built a strong squad with no obvious weaknesses, but I'm still not confident that we'll win or even mount a realistic challenge for one of the big trophies next year. He's too inflexible with his tactics and he can't motivate his players.

I'm not sure what's happened to Klopp this season, but I can see his style of football flourishing in the Premier League and I'd hate to see him go to one of our rivals.

milla
04-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Klopp :good:

dostoy
05-05-2015, 02:00 PM
We need another defensive midfielder because what to we do without Coquelin when he gets injured, Flamini or Arteta are not the answer.

What do we do without Giroud because Welbeck, although a good player, is not the answer.

We also need another centre back, someone who can attack the ball when defending set pieces.

A goalkeeper to compete with Ospina because Szczeney is not good enough.

GP
05-05-2015, 03:33 PM
Klopp :good:

http://www.reddit.com/r/clopclop

Munchies
05-05-2015, 10:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CERoqizWgAEH3d2.jpg

Bumble
06-05-2015, 07:31 AM
We have been linked with the Monaco centre back Abedenour or whatever... I think he was the baldy CB and if so thought he was great against us. I do think we need to replace Merte with a first choice CB although where that puts us having signed Chambers and Gabriel last year unless there are real designs to convert Chambers to a DM which is possible.

GP
06-05-2015, 07:38 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CERoqizWgAEH3d2.jpg

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

milla
06-05-2015, 07:52 AM
Bale was shite last night but would love to have monkeyboy at Arsenal, Wumger will turn him into a proper 30 goal/season machine. Imagine the look on every Spuds fans. :coffee:

Marc Overmars
06-05-2015, 07:52 AM
If that's the calibre of player City are eyeing up, then I think we don't have anything to worry about next season.

Injury Time
06-05-2015, 08:34 AM
If that's the calibre of player City are eyeing up, then I think we don't have anything to worry about next season.

I'd worry it would make Spufs stronger tbh :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
06-05-2015, 10:39 AM

They need somebody to keep the ambitious Mr Sagna company on the bench.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
06-05-2015, 10:03 PM
Rose is a decent player but nothing to cause us any deep consternation.

And to be fair Clichy has been with City a while.

GP
06-05-2015, 10:10 PM
Rose is shizite.

Master Splinter
06-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Rose is dreadful. A pudgy athlete who runs powerfully but has no footballing ability. Like Kyle Walker.

Citeh's transfer business could be quite hilarious this summer.

Static
07-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Apparently Cech is out of contract this summer? Chelsea couldn't stop us from signing him if that's the case.

Marc Overmars
07-05-2015, 10:05 AM
I'm sure Mourinho would plead with Cech to not sign for us.

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Maureen will never let that happen. He went to Utd and came to our place and shut up shop. Not because he's a genius but because he knew his mostly mediocre footballers wouldn't be able to compete in a real game. He'll already know we have a much more talented squad than his and he's not going to help us strengthen.

This goalkeeper business seems to have originated with the media. Ospina hasn't been given a chance yet even though he has played for months. He hasn't been tested through a period of poor form. For all we know he could be the best in the business at handling it. What we do know is our record is the best in the land since he's been in goal. Whether that has anything to do with him or not is hard to say but it's odd to be looking to replace a player that hasn't shown himself to be a weak element.

Marc Overmars
07-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ · 4m4 minutes ago
BREAKING: Yaya Toure's agent tells Sky Sports News HQ midfielder is 90% certain to leave Man City this summer. #SSNHQ

GP
07-05-2015, 10:36 AM
He'll go to Italy, I reckon.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Do they make good birthday cakes in Italy?

Also, SSN say Depay joining Man Utd.

Di Maria. :wave:

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ · 4m4 minutes ago
BREAKING: Yaya Toure's agent tells Sky Sports News HQ midfielder is 90% certain to leave Man City this summer. #SSNHQ

He's been average this season, so I guess it's time to arrange the next pay day before his stock drops. That's all it's about with him.

GP
07-05-2015, 10:54 AM
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 12m12 minutes ago
Memphis Depay medical will take place in Manchester next week & he will join #MUFC for a fee in the region of £25-30m #bbcsportsday #PSV

Who??

Gooner23
07-05-2015, 11:03 AM
The next Ryan Babel

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2015, 11:07 AM
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 12m12 minutes ago
Memphis Depay medical will take place in Manchester next week & he will join #MUFC for a fee in the region of £25-30m #bbcsportsday #PSV

Who??

In reality - nobody.

In the media - an absolute superstar, THE big name in footie, the reason why Utd will win the title next season.

Marc Overmars
07-05-2015, 11:11 AM
Time to bring Di Maria home.

Bumble
07-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Time to bring Di Maria home.

rather have Bale.... as that would be funnier. But I wonder who the big name signing will be this season to follow Ozil then Sanchez... the fans now expect :scarf:

The Emirates Gallactico
07-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Quite happy to see United go in for a Depay instead of a Reus or Bale.

Decent player but not top top quality tbh. Don't even think he's better than the Ox based on what I've seen.

milla
07-05-2015, 02:13 PM
I hope we get Dybala or Bale as CF, lol :coffee:

Master Splinter
07-05-2015, 04:10 PM
milla loves coveting players who don't play CF as our new CF.

How often do Bale or Reus play there? And have they ever proven to be most effective there?

How much of Dybala have you seen? He's one of those players who's being pimped by the club's owner to maximise profit. But he'll probably go to Juventus for a middling fee.

Static
07-05-2015, 04:48 PM
I'd love it if we signed Bale, tbh. Oh and Cech too.

milla
07-05-2015, 09:05 PM
milla loves coveting players who don't play CF as our new CF.

How often do Bale or Reus play there? And have they ever proven to be most effective there?

How much of Dybala have you seen? He's one of those players who's being pimped by the club's owner to maximise profit. But he'll probably go to Juventus for a middling fee.

:gp:

Henry and RVP were a wide player before Arsenal.

Bale and Dybala can easily take the CF role at Arsenal, Wenger would most likely let them drift anywhere they like up front. How many times have we seen Giroud drift to left and right wing this season? Almost every game. :coffee:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Can't believe anyone thinks Moron-i-hoe will allow Cech to move to us out of respect to him. Do me a favour.

I know nothing of Dybala or Lacazette but the later has comfortably outscored the deity Ibra....

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Bale is pretty much a pointless discussion too.

GP
07-05-2015, 09:35 PM
You're a pointless discussion.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-05-2015, 09:47 PM
:d That's why we're not discussing me.

GP
07-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Well, not with that attitude

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Blink to the Arse. I'd love to see it.

Injury Time
07-05-2015, 10:59 PM
Blink to the Arse. I'd love to see it.

Really? Isn't that what cats do as they walk away?

Static
08-05-2015, 12:52 PM
Can't believe anyone thinks Moron-i-hoe will allow Cech to move to us out of respect to him. Do me a favour.

I know nothing of Dybala or Lacazette but the later has comfortably outscored the deity Ibra....
He is out of contract in the summer and is free to go wherever he wants, why would he be interested in what his current but soontobe former manager thinks and/or wants?

Marc Overmars
08-05-2015, 01:35 PM
Cech is a disciple of Mourinho, don't underestimate his influence over "his" players.

Özim
08-05-2015, 03:14 PM
He is out of contract in the summer and is free to go wherever he wants, why would he be interested in what his current but soontobe former manager thinks and/or wants?

Media says he has a year left in the summer, hence the 10 million being banded about.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-05-2015, 04:03 PM
Supposedly as a gesture of good will for Cech's service to Chelsea he would be allowed to go where he wants (this is what was said a few months ago). I doubt it very much though personally.

Anyway, I don't think he is at the World Class level (whatever that is) anymore, so I can't say I would be too arsed.

Static
08-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Meh, it makes sense now. With a year left on his contract and him most likely wanting to move along in his career now Chelsea will most likely sell him abroad.

Oh well. I haven't been following Lloris closely at all, is he really as good as people make him out to be?

fakeyank
08-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Oh well. I haven't been following Lloris closely at all, is he really as good as people make him out to be?

No. He is not bad either, but he is not worth the trouble of haggling with the scums.

GP
08-05-2015, 10:01 PM
Cech hasn't been the same since he got his head caved in.

Static
09-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Cech hasn't been the same since he got his head caved in.
Still better than most of the 'keepers in the world sadly.

We might be just fine with Ospina in goal if we aren't going to be getting Cech. Should get a ready to go replacement for Flamini and start phasing out Merts and bringing Paulista or Chambers (slowly) into that role.

Master Splinter
09-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Cech and Lloris have made far more mistakes than Szczesny in recent seasons.

Lloris fucked up again today too.

Unless we're getting Courtois, De Gea, Oblak or Oliver Kahn, our keepers are fine. And unless Wenger has problems with Szczesny's off-field behaviour, he won't be looking for one either.

GP
09-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Yep. People seem desperate to replace Ospina but I'm not sure why. I don't think he's worse than Cech is right now.

LDG
09-05-2015, 03:39 PM
Yep. People seem desperate to replace Ospina but I'm not sure why. I don't think he's worse than Cech is right now.

There is always someone better out there than what you've got. It's restaurant syndrome. Like that comedian said on Only Fools And Horses. You ordered the fillet steak, you look at your mates plate, and you want some of that.

Penguin
09-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Cech isn't world class anymore. He's still a great shot stopper, but he hesitates and makes mistakes, and isn't brave enough in set pieces when there are players around him.

I'd rather stick with what we've got. If we are going to buy a keeper, I hope we aim higher.

fakeyank
11-05-2015, 04:18 PM
Btw, what happened to Khedira? Has he been playing? He will be free this summer.. should we go in for him as a DM option?

Niall_Quinn
11-05-2015, 04:39 PM
I thin Khedira mostly does contract negotiations these days, no real time for football.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Btw, what happened to Khedira? Has he been playing? He will be free this summer.. should we go in for him as a DM option?

He's had little playing time in Madrid......based on that I would like to see us look to either Morgan at Saints or Geoffrey at Monaco

Injury Time
11-05-2015, 09:38 PM
He's had little playing time in Madrid......based on that I would like to see us look to either Morgan at Saints or Geoffrey at Monaco

Unfortunately we'll sign Bungle from French equivalent of Bognor

Globalgunner
12-05-2015, 05:55 AM
Wenger wont sign anybody mentioned on these pages. He reads this forum and thinks most of you are Muppets, after his job. He only has time for 1 person whose name starts with L. Thinks he is da bomb. "A bloomin hero"!

Niall_Quinn
12-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling's contract saga has taken another twist after it emerged the youngster is preparing to put his Merseyside house on the market. And the 20-year-old has begun looking for a new property in London, fuelling talk of a potential move to Arsenal or Chelsea.

Really hope we aren't in the running to sign this wanker. Last thing we need is another primadonna using us as a stepping board to big bucks Spanish failure.

Penguin
12-05-2015, 12:56 PM
I doubt Wenger would be interested at whatever crazy figure Liverpool decide to slap on his price tag. Probably Chelsea then.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-05-2015, 04:06 PM
£50m will do.

As talented as he is (and he is) I'm starting to lean towards "sell the fucker". He's still very young, but even if we acquiesce to his phenomenal demands for this contract (which I still think we'll do) then a few years down the line it will be exactly the same but for a fortune more. And for someone who's surely trying to prove he is worth this contract he hasn't exactly set the world alight in doing so.

However, we'd have to then replace him. And knowing us we'll put in £40m joint-bids for Puncheon and Bolasie.

Letters
12-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Wenger wont sign anybody mentioned on these pages. He reads this forum and thinks most of you are Muppets

He has a point, to be fair.

Power n Glory
12-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Whatever happend to Julian Draxler?

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-05-2015, 05:29 PM

A thigh injury kept him out for months.

Niall_Quinn
12-05-2015, 05:50 PM

His club is in chaos. Wouldn't be surprised if Wenger is biding his time with a move planned in the summer. He's not a striker but that will only encourage Wenger to buy him as one.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-05-2015, 11:00 PM
I'd welcome him with open arms.

Niall_Quinn
12-05-2015, 11:05 PM
That's because you are gay, and so is your face.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-05-2015, 11:22 PM
I've only ever had eyes for Ljunberg. None of this 'Bigsexy' crap.

Singh
14-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Came here to read about football... First thing I see is Blink talking about his man crushes. Did you ever get over Darren Bent? Hah... Long time no see!

Xhaka Can’t
14-05-2015, 06:10 PM
It ain't called GW for nothing.

milla
14-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Came here to read about football... First thing I see is Blink talking about his man crushes. Did you ever get over Darren Bent? Hah... Long time no see!

:haha:

Shaqiri Is Boss
18-05-2015, 09:08 PM
For Sale: One Sterling.

Come on City :pray:

GP
18-05-2015, 09:10 PM
For Sale: One Sterling.

Come on City :pray:

That'll fund your Berahino signing.

Shaqiri Is Boss
18-05-2015, 09:14 PM
That'll fund your Berahino signing.

At least he can shoot.

Niall_Quinn
18-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Most of these players are ludicrously hyped. It's about the transfer fee and the agent's cut, not the talent. That's how we ended up with Alexis when others got lumbered with Mangalas and Balotellis and Di Marias. Alexis didn't have the hype machine in tow, he was bought for what he can do on a pitch rather than in a newspaper.

I fucking pray we don't end up blowing our summer budget on Sterling. That'll be us jumping on the same silly bandwagon. I'll give Wenger his credit on this, he doesn't fall for the hype.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
18-05-2015, 10:31 PM
This lot on here make my man crushes look like seeing a pigeon on a Tuesday...

Draxler has some real tangible footballing qualities though....and ze Germans tend to be less the big pretender and more the genuine article.....

Munchies
18-05-2015, 10:56 PM
Most of these players are ludicrously hyped. It's about the transfer fee and the agent's cut, not the talent. That's how we ended up with Alexis when others got lumbered with Mangalas and Balotellis and Di Marias. Alexis didn't have the hype machine in tow, he was bought for what he can do on a pitch rather than in a newspaper.

I fucking pray we don't end up blowing our summer budget on Sterling. That'll be us jumping on the same silly bandwagon. I'll give Wenger his credit on this, he doesn't fall for the hype.

City will go for him

Bolasie > Sterling :coffee:

Munchies
18-05-2015, 11:18 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/jtm36b.jpg

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-05-2015, 08:48 AM
Why are the media always trying to scare and depress me with Milner stories, don't they think I've suffered enough after Welbeck.

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Why are the media always trying to scare and depress me with Milner stories, don't they think I've suffered enough after Welbeck.

Some positive news if true, the gypos have offered him far more than we'd ever pay.

Globalgunner
19-05-2015, 09:46 AM
At least he can shoot.

Sterling already has some kids at 19. I think his shooting is just fine.

Bumble
19-05-2015, 11:11 AM
Some positive news if true, the gypos have offered him far more than we'd ever pay.
but he has turned that offer down. I don't think its money with him. I rate Milner, he is the sort of player we could do with. versatile, reliable and doesn't mind getting stuck in. the fact that he is looking to leave City makes him sound quite level headed and probably rather go to a more stable club.

AFC Leveller
19-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Sterling is mostly hype but there is enough talent in there and plenty of time for him to develop.

He looked really good for about a month this season but faded as soon as he started to believe his own hype.

The Emirates Gallactico
19-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Wenger looked quite smug and smirky when asked about Sterling at the press conference this morning.

on being linked with Raheem Sterling…
At the moment we are not in a transfer mode. We want to finish our season well. We have put massive effort in since the start of the season to come back into a potentially good position in the Premier League, and now we need to focus on finishing well. We have put so much effort in that it would be stupid not to finish the job well. The transfer period comes after the FA Cup final.

on whether Arsenal will bid for Sterling…
I do not bid for anybody at the moment. In the summer we will bid for people. At the moment we are not in transfer mode at all.

on whether Arsenal are monitoring Sterling’s situation…
You absolutely want me to say something that I don’t want to say. I don’t like to lie. If I say that I will and I don’t do it, then I have lied.

on Sterling fitting the criteria…
I promise you that you [the reporter] will be my first advisor in the summer to make the transfers.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150519/wenger-we-are-not-in-transfer-mode#OMZ5xS0Xk1rtIFbZ.99

Even though Liverpool haven't covered themselves in glory here, Sterling and his agent (worryingly the same one who represents the Ox) have come out as complete greedy twats in this.

He isn't even that good - doesn't get even goals, his finishing is a bit shit and like a lot of youngsters, blows hot and cold. Seems like more trouble then he's worth and tbh the more I think about it, the more I'd rather stick with The Ox and Theo rather than try and get this twat in.

Probably off to City as Navas' replacement.

AFC Leveller
19-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Wenger looked quite smug and smirky when asked about Sterling at the press conference this morning.

Even though Liverpool haven't covered themselves in glory here, Sterling and his agent (worryingly the same one who represents the Ox) have come out as complete greedy twats in this.

He isn't even that good - doesn't get even goals, his finishing is a bit shit and like a lot of youngsters, blows hot and cold. Seems like more trouble then he's worth and tbh the more I think about it, the more I'd rather stick with The Ox and Theo rather than try and get this twat in.

City will bid 35m and get him.

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2015, 11:52 AM
City will bid 35m and get him.

£35,000,001

selassie
19-05-2015, 12:00 PM

I think we've been working on a deal behind the scenes, it wouldn't surprise me if it involves Theo going the other way. It's been widely reported that Sterling wants to return to London so it's either us or Chelski IMO....I think he'll only join Citeh if he has no London options.

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2015, 12:21 PM
With Sterling jumping ship, Sturridge always injured and Rodgers having a tendency to sign Balotellis and Lamberts surely it would be a step down for Theo to head off to Liverpool. Unless Henry is dumping half a billion quid in the summer I don't see how they get close to winning anything. Why would Theo go there? More likely he'd go to the gypos if he's going anywhere at all. I don't think he will, I think he'll stay, Wenger wants him to stay, and therefore Sterling would be a spare wheel. Can't see why we'd bother paying big money for yet another inconsistent, lightweight, pacey half-winger/ half-striker.

I think we should put in a silly bid for Suarez and see if Barca fancy letting him go. Suarez would be lethal in this Arsenal team. Probably no chance but do it anyway just to piss them off. And nick one of their kids while we're at it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-05-2015, 12:33 PM
The club should always be in transfer mode, and the fact that Wenger says that he is not in transfer mode further reinforces the fact that this man has too much power and cannot delegate.
That said, if reluctance to think about transfer business until after the FA cup final means we lose out on Sterling not something I will lose sleep over.

Bumble
19-05-2015, 12:46 PM
With Sterling jumping ship, Sturridge always injured and Rodgers having a tendency to sign Balotellis and Lamberts surely it would be a step down for Theo to head off to Liverpool. Unless Henry is dumping half a billion quid in the summer I don't see how they get close to winning anything. Why would Theo go there? More likely he'd go to the gypos if he's going anywhere at all. I don't think he will, I think he'll stay, Wenger wants him to stay, and therefore Sterling would be a spare wheel. Can't see why we'd bother paying big money for yet another inconsistent, lightweight, pacey half-winger/ half-striker.

I think we should put in a silly bid for Suarez and see if Barca fancy letting him go. Suarez would be lethal in this Arsenal team. Probably no chance but do it anyway just to piss them off. And nick one of their kids while we're at it.
I do like the idea of sniffing around barca...but also Real for there cast offs (who tend to be rather good). They are bound to dump players who are quality again this summer to raise enough money to sign the latest flavour of the month.

I can see the Sterling/Walcott swap happening though. Walcott is a Liverpool fan and will get a lot more game time at Liverpool than he does for us. Also If Wenger really wanted to keep him he would play more than he thus far. Bring in Bale and have Sterling, Bale and Sanchez as the front three.

Dein-machine
19-05-2015, 02:55 PM
If Wengers knowledge of players was half as good as some on here would suggest Suarez should have been bought from Ajax. How on earth are we letting Europa cup teams like Liverpool get ahead of us for these players. To find a quality player that slips under the ever-open cheque book of the Chavs & Gypos is hard enough but to lose out to the Dippers is unbelievable. There is a new Suarez out there already, young enough to mould & improve but we're happy to sign the likes of Giroud & Welbeck, neither of which would get into any of the better teams in the P.L or C.L.

selassie
19-05-2015, 03:05 PM

I think Theo would only go there as part of a deal, I don't think we would openly flog Theo and if we did I reckon he may have a few more options than Liverpool. Liverpool is a big step down I agree.

Can't say I would be fussed if we bought Sterling, I think he is a decent young player but not somebody we need. I do get the impression Wenger really likes him and will bid for him if he becomes available.

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2015, 03:15 PM
I think Theo would only go there as part of a deal, I don't think we would openly flog Theo and if we did I reckon he may have a few more options than Liverpool. Liverpool is a big step down I agree.

Can't say I would be fussed if we bought Sterling, I think he is a decent young player but not somebody we need. I do get the impression Wenger really likes him and will bid for him if he becomes available.

This is a case where one of Wenger's underbids might be beneficial. Utd bid £30mill, gypos £35mill, chavs £263mill (after they sell Mikel to PSG for £338mill), we bid £17,501.

dostoy
19-05-2015, 03:17 PM
He did not say he was not interested in Cech last week or in Sterling today.

He is never going to say yes about anyone before the end of the season but as he has not said no about either of them then maybe he is trying to get both.

Dein-machine
19-05-2015, 03:39 PM
Here we go though with the same old, same old with Wenger. Utd already making a statement with Depay. The Chavs & Gypos will start in the next few weeks to add to their ranks, Liverpool & Spurs also - but nothing from us. Nothing until the team has already started pre-season training & then its going to be a drawn out affair, Wenger arguing over £1 mill, until we finally do the deal with a minute to spare on deadline. Anyone think any different?

Penguin
19-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Sterling seems quite underrated here for some reason. Ok, he doesn't have the end product yet but who does at the age of 20?

There's a reason why so many top clubs are keeping an eye on him, and that's because he has all the raw ingredients to be a top player. The kind of player that defenders hate playing against. There's space for him here as a wide forward, especially if Theo's going.

That said, I don't like the way he is messing Liverpool around. He could easily do the same to us. He's a big risk at the asking price too. :shrug:

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Sterling seems quite underrated here for some reason. Ok, he doesn't have the end product yet but who does at the age of 20?

There's a reason why so many top clubs are keeping an eye on him, and that's because he has all the raw ingredients to be a top player. The kind of player that defenders hate playing against. There's space for him here as a wide forward, especially if Theo's going.

That said, I don't like the way he is messing Liverpool around. He could easily do the same to us. He's a big risk at the asking price too. :shrug:

We'd be a stepping stone for his next big money move. If he realised any of that potential where do you think he'd be jetting off to at the first opportunity? If not we end up with Walcott. Save the effort and keep the latter. Waste of resources if we chase this guy, there are plenty of others out there who fit our actual requirements.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-05-2015, 04:50 PM
We'd be a stepping stone for his next big money move. If he realised any of that potential where do you think he'd be jetting off to at the first opportunity? If not we end up with Walcott. Save the effort and keep the latter. Waste of resources if we chase this guy, there are plenty of others out there who fit our actual requirements.

I agree, let Man City turn him into another Jack Rodwell or Scott Sinclair

Our priority has to be goalkeeper, holding midfielder and striker.

The Emirates Gallactico
19-05-2015, 06:12 PM

As you allude to in your final sentence, it's more the fact that for his asking wages and price you could get soooo much better. Plus he seems disruptive and a cock with a scumbag agent and an inflated opinion of himself.

He's not going to be a Messi or Ronaldo. At best he can get himself to the Bale/Sanchez/Reus class of wide forwards and he's shown a few fleeting glimpses of that class at times but it's no certain thing yet and too much of a risk at the quoted price/wages.

Master Splinter
19-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Here we go though with the same old, same old with Wenger. Utd already making a statement with Depay. The Chavs & Gypos will start in the next few weeks to add to their ranks, Liverpool & Spurs also - but nothing from us. Nothing until the team has already started pre-season training & then its going to be a drawn out affair, Wenger arguing over £1 mill, until we finally do the deal with a minute to spare on deadline. Anyone think any different?

This has to be a parody, surely?

But the fact it's of oneself's posting style makes it incredibly, mind-bendingly, wonderfully meta.

Master Splinter
19-05-2015, 07:28 PM

Theo would be insane to go to Liverpool. He'd be really effective as an upgrade to Navas at Citeh though.

I'd like to think the days of selling to rivals would be over now. So Theo's best option would be Swansea or something.

Shaqiri Is Boss
19-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Theo would be insane to go to Liverpool. He'd be really effective as an upgrade to Navas at Citeh though.

I'd like to think the days of selling to rivals would be over now. So Theo's best option would be Swansea or something.

I don't really see the problem then...

Master Splinter
19-05-2015, 07:35 PM
I don't really see the problem then...

hahaha liverpool is shit hahaha

McNamara That Ghost...
19-05-2015, 09:43 PM
We have a Cup final, not arsed of thinking about transfers right now too extensively.

Although now I've posted, think if Sterling can stop being a knobhead and get back to how he was playing at the very beginning of the season then happy days. As it is, I think for whatever reason (greed, generally being an idiot etc) he has had his attitude change for the detriment of his overall play - basically he arrived as a GHEL.

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2015, 10:30 PM
We have a Cup final, not arsed of thinking about transfers right now too extensively.

Although now I've posted, think if Sterling can stop being a knobhead and get back to how he was playing at the very beginning of the season then happy days. As it is, I think for whatever reason (greed, generally being an idiot etc) he has had his attitude change for the detriment of his overall play - basically he arrived as a GHEL.

Most probably the inevitable consequence of a 20 year old kid in the hands of a cynical old cunt who values cash above all else. To be truthful I couldn't care less about Sterling, what worries me is that Ox has the same cunt "managing" his affairs. Hopefully the Ox is advanced for his years and will resist being bartered for the benefit of a leech.

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2015, 10:35 PM
But Ward is now going it alone and has established his own agency – and Sterling, along with Berahino, have moved with him. Oxlade-Chamberlain is also thought to be joining.

So he's fucked Berahino, fucked Sterling, that just leaves Ox.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/raheem-sterling-agent-aidy-ward-8977400

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-05-2015, 11:49 PM
If Wengers knowledge of players was half as good as some on here would suggest Suarez should have been bought from Ajax. How on earth are we letting Europa cup teams like Liverpool get ahead of us for these players. To find a quality player that slips under the ever-open cheque book of the Chavs & Gypos is hard enough but to lose out to the Dippers is unbelievable. There is a new Suarez out there already, young enough to mould & improve but we're happy to sign the likes of Giroud & Welbeck, neither of which would get into any of the better teams in the P.L or C.L.

The trick is having the balls to cough up the money, which (at the time) was quite a lot of money for a hit out of the Dutch league. Nobody can seriously believe that there is any chance Wenger didn't know all about Suarez before Liverpool signed him....

For every Suarez, there are 10, Babels, Kuyts, Kezmans and so on....

The Emirates Gallactico
20-05-2015, 02:03 AM
So he's fucked Berahino, fucked Sterling, that just leaves Ox.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/raheem-sterling-agent-aidy-ward-8977400

My bad, I thought Ox was already his client though the article implies he's only seriously thinking about joining and not a client just yet.

I hope the negative press around this and the club possibly having a word with him does dissuade him from such a move. The agent seems like cancer.

Mind you, not that it's a fantastic indicator but from all the social media and interviews I've seen of The Ox, he comes across as a down-to-earth likeable guy who seems rather intelligent and astute ....... so even if he was being managed by this cuntmuscle, I'd like to think he'd be more sensible and wise enough not to do silly things like give unapproved interviews to the BBC or leak stuff too press or make outrageous public demands.

Static
20-05-2015, 05:13 AM
My bad, I thought Ox was already his client though the article implies he's only seriously thinking about joining and not a client just yet.

I hope the negative press around this and the club possibly having a word with him does dissuade him from such a move. The agent seems like cancer.

Mind you, not that it's a fantastic indicator but from all the social media and interviews I've seen of The Ox, he comes across as a down-to-earth likeable guy who seems rather intelligent and astute ....... so even if he was being managed by this cuntmuscle, I'd like to think he'd be more sensible and wise enough not to do silly things like give unapproved interviews to the BBC or leak stuff too press or make outrageous public demands.
https://youtu.be/o4QZoLzIhlU

Marc Overmars
20-05-2015, 07:16 AM
Daily Mail reporting we've contacted Chelsea about Cech.

Xhaka Can’t
20-05-2015, 07:24 AM
https://youtu.be/o4QZoLzIhlU

Stay with it til the end.
:haha:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Daily Mail reporting we've contacted Chelsea about Cech.

They also creatively turned it into a judicious rant about Migrants from Eastern Europe taking our jobs

Japan Shaking All Over
21-05-2015, 12:36 PM
Telegraph has a story of Chelsea wanting either Theo or Ox in a swap deal for Cech.....WUMMING a la Chavski

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2015, 12:44 PM
Telegraph has a story of Chelsea wanting either Theo or Ox in a swap deal for Cech.....WUMMING a la Chavski

LOL

Why are we bothering with Cech btw? His best years are well behind him. Are there no decent keepers out there that are entering their prime and within our price range? What will Cech give us? 2 years? Surely we want more than that from a #1?

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2015, 12:47 PM
Pedro available for 7mill according to Telegraph. We're interested apparently, though how the Telegraph knows is a complete mystery. Do we ring them up and say, guess what?

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2015, 12:54 PM

Chav scum also said: "They may not be in the Arsenal team but we are convinced Jose Mourinho could make them into top players again."

This is why everyone loves them. No intention of signing either player but can't keep their chavvy gobs shut anyway. Rich, considering the long list of players they have ruined.

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Apparently, apparently, we've agreed terms with Arturo Vidal.
http://www.calciomercatoweb.it/2015/05/19/esclusivo-game-over-vidal-ce-laccordo/

According to some Italian web site that may be legit or may be run from some wanker's bedroom.

Marc Overmars
21-05-2015, 03:30 PM
Hopefully there's some truth in that, he's exactly the sort of player we should be looking to bring in.

GP
21-05-2015, 03:32 PM
I'm sure he'd love to come play with his mate Alexis.

Özim
21-05-2015, 03:40 PM
http://www.calciomercatoweb.it/2015/05/19/esclusivo-game-over-vidal-ce-laccordo/

According to some Italian web site that may be legit or may be run from some wanker's bedroom.

I think that link might be fixed.

fakeyank
21-05-2015, 04:03 PM
If true, I wonder which all dumbasses are getting the boot.. OR are we still collecting midfielders?

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2015, 04:32 PM
We don't need this sort of shit at the club, and could do with Ox giving this agent scumbag a kick in the bollocks.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3090694/Raheem-Sterling-not-sign-new-deal-Liverpool-offer-900-000-week-claims-star-s-agent-expects-midfielder-leave-Man-City-Chelsea.html

KSE Comedy Club
21-05-2015, 04:39 PM
I don't see the problem

I wouldn't want to stay at Liverpool either, they are pretty shit tbh.

Marc Overmars
21-05-2015, 04:39 PM
I think I'd be a bit sick if we spent 40m or whatever it is Liverpool will probably want for him.

Hopefully we forget about this little shit and spend money in the right areas.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Agent sounds like a cunt to be honest (quelle surprise!) and like most players Sterling hasn't got two brain cells to rub together.

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-05-2015, 05:37 PM
He's definitely not worth the aggro at the moment.

If he can't see that he needs to bin off his snake of an agent then more fool him.

If he wants to leave, fine. Go. No one cares. You want to win trophies? Fine, go, no one cares. Maybe if you'd turned up for the last six months you'd have had more of a chance this year. You're not Suarez, just go quietly you daft twat.
But he can't think this is a good way of going about it, that clubs will think "Yeah sure, these two seem like great people to do business with. £40m and £100k a week? Well that seems like a bargain. And you promise not to do this to us in a few years? Pinky swear?"

Kano
21-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Well he's definitely gone now, that's exactly how you counteract a stubborn club. Sterling and his agent have created a toxic atmosphere around them now and no fan will want to see him on the field for the first game of next season. Either that or they stick him in the reserves but they're no Man City in terms of letting much needed transfer funds deteriorate in value.

Kano
21-05-2015, 06:04 PM
It's probably more likely to be true than not given the amount of organisations that have picked up on the story BUT this is from a Mail Group newspaper and the Standard in general is full of shit from front to back. There's a reason why it's free.

Power n Glory
21-05-2015, 06:43 PM
It doesn't look good on Sterling and his agent but if a player doesn't want to extend his contract nobody can force him.

Xhaka Can’t
21-05-2015, 06:52 PM

Does he look good?

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Does he look good?

He looks okay, but not Marketing material so we may stand a chance.

Munchies
21-05-2015, 08:20 PM
Giroud calling out Henry for his comments

Giroud's explanation for Henry comment: "Maybe he was angry that I needed fewer games than him to score 50 goals for Arsenal. Dull pundit" (L'Equipe 21)

Power n Glory
21-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Giroud's really comparing goal stats with Henry? :doh:

He'll be lucky to break the 100 goal mark at Arsenal. He certainly won't beat Henry's record. His career total probably won't come close to Henry's Arsenal record alone.

GP
21-05-2015, 08:39 PM
Giroud calling out Henry for his comments

Giroud's explanation for Henry comment: "Maybe he was angry that I needed fewer games than him to score 50 goals for Arsenal. Dull pundit" (L'Equipe 21)

Quite right too. He's had a good season. Henry is a poor pundit.

Xhaka Can’t
21-05-2015, 09:50 PM
He looks okay, but not Marketing material so we may stand a chance.

I didn't think we'd be acting Sassoon.

Xhaka Can’t
21-05-2015, 09:55 PM

He'll be lucky to break the 100 goal mark at Arsenal. He certainly won't beat Henry's record. His career total probably won't come close to Henry's Arsenal record alone.

Yeah, Giroud should bend over and take it up the ass while Henry talks shite about the guy who was one of the main contributors to a run that took us from mid-table to what should have been second.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-05-2015, 10:21 PM

Haters gotta hate :shrug:

GP
21-05-2015, 10:22 PM
Haters gotta hate :shrug:

Potatoes gonna potate.

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2015, 10:46 PM
Potatoes gonna potate.

Gonnas gonna gonna

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-05-2015, 11:08 PM
Giroud comparing himself to Henry is like comparing the shoddy artexing in my dads bathroom ceiling to the sisteen chapel

Power n Glory
21-05-2015, 11:21 PM
Yeah, Giroud should bend over and take it up the ass while Henry talks shite about the guy who was one of the main contributors to a run that took us from mid-table to what should have been second.

Hey, the pundit 'shot' was good. But is he really trying to compare goal records with Henry? Come on, that's not smart.

Xhaka Can’t
21-05-2015, 11:35 PM
Hey, the pundit 'shot' was good. But is he really trying to compare goal records with Henry? Come on, that's not smart.

I think he realises Henry's place as a striker. He also realises were Henry rates as a pundit.

Hence the shot.

Power n Glory
21-05-2015, 11:44 PM
I think he realises Henry's place as a striker. He also realises were Henry rates as a pundit.

Hence the shot.

I don't know about that if he's really comparing goal records. That must be a misquote. Do you think that's a wise argument against our all time leading goal scorer?

But Henry wasn't wrong because we need a better striker. A 20 goal striker isn't enough to win us the league.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
22-05-2015, 12:44 AM
I just hope that if we must add another forward, he is significantly better than what we have. We don't need loads of players of a similar standard all vying for one spot.

Part of me wishes we hedged our bets on Benteke before we went for Welbeck. I like the latter but I you get the feeling Benteke could be really special in time.

And I've love it if we signed Vidal. Perhaps he will just get tired of Juve continually winning the title. And I think that's about all my hands can take in straws...