PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction VS Spuds

Maestro
07-02-2015, 02:39 PM
I think I've just gone beyond disliking Wenger

Our players are operating without a manager, sad state of affairs this. All credit to the players for still being in touching distance of 4th spot, all on their own.

hobson's choice
07-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Only gripe I have is why Ramsey started and why he wasn't hauled off as soon as possible

selassie
Thought we were 2nd best today, we made them look a lot better than they are. We were really poor, i don't think anyone really played well for us, maybe Monreal, the rest were absolute garbage.

adzzzbatch
scoring first saved our blushes otherwise I think it could've been 5-0.

Marc Overmars
07-02-2015, 02:42 PM
Didn't watch it so can't comment.

Fuck off BT Sport 12:45 games. :sick:

Darknight02
07-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Ospina - 9 - MOTM

Everyone else - 1

Wenger - after building up momentum, after creating confidence and belief, decides to fall asleep. Where's his passion? Not out of his seat once to urge his players on.

Interesting the Man City game, he said he listened to his players. Today perhaps demonstrated, he's clueless to change things.

One game this season I care about!

Worst thing tho - Owen and BT prats are so happy, Harry Kane appears World Class.

AFC Leveller
07-02-2015, 02:43 PM
was such a non performance today, really odd all over the pitch.

why didnt we play the way we have recently? we gave them the intiative and sat back.

missed the spark and pace of ox and alexis, ozil outwide was again a flop.

Ernesto
07-02-2015, 02:45 PM
I don't understand the stupidity of sitting back when you're 0-1 up. We had openings, we had chances after Ozil's goal. From about the half-hour point, it was all them. A fact Wenger chose to blindly ignore at half-time.

I was willing a bit of luck to come our way. A last minute equalizer. Just to shut them up. They've done it to us so often, it would have been nice to do it to them.

Alas, it would not have been deserved. We've made that sh!thead Kane look world class and, to worsen matters, we've invited the question of who's better: Kane or Sanchez

Globalgunner
Like i`ve said before. All our victories even in the past came in spite of Wenger. He is good at assembling quality players, but absolutely useless at guiding them.
1 less day till he leaves.
Where is Letters to convince me that things are going to be okay, that were simply stagnating not regressing.

Marc Overmars
A season without a win over Spurs is just sick.

adzzzbatch
was such a non performance today, really odd all over the pitch.

why didnt we play the way we have recently? we gave them the intiative and sat back.

missed the spark and pace of ox and alexis, ozil outwide was again a flop.

We just can't hack the early KOs and for that we have to blame the manager.

adzzzbatch
07-02-2015, 02:46 PM
A season without a win over Spurs is just sick.

Their late goal at our place :sick: :ilt:

Maestro
07-02-2015, 02:46 PM
I've come to the conclusion I've been way too critical of the players. No one is managing them and helping them out when they need it the most. We could have played shit and still won this game, if only the manager was awake at any point during that game and bothered to rectify our problems.

Really can't see it any other way tbh.

adzzzbatch
07-02-2015, 02:47 PM
Alexis should've been risked today no doubt about it.

Xhaka Can’t
Our Manager couldn't be bothered to turn up, so you can't blame the, players. At one nil down I said it was one of the Spuds easiest games of the season, and so it was.

McNamara That Ghost...
Fuck.

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2015, 02:48 PM
We didn't turn up, we lost. Been there, done that.

Wenger also changed Cazorla's role. Sat there like a lemon while Bellerin got ripped apart, watch Ramsey trudge through mud giving the ball away, watched Giroud hopelessly isolated, watched Ozil yawning his way through a morning stroll, watched the middle being overloaded and being second best every time...

What did he do? He waited for the computer to tell him it was time for a sub. And even then, he takes off Cazorla and Welbeck. Ramsey and Ozil left on. If the guy has a plan then he;s the only one on earth who can see it. For everyone else, they see the exact opposite.

We will never compete again until the manager understands that football is a game of the moment, not some algorithm designed to average out to a 4th place finish.

adzzzbatch
07-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Our Manager couldn't be bothered to turn up, so you can't blame the, players. At one nil down I said it was one of the Spuds easiest games of the season, and so it was.

sp*rs didn't even see the goal as a set back they knew they would score and we let them.

AFC Leveller
07-02-2015, 02:49 PM
it looked like wenger had the chelsea result on the back of his mind and showed spuds too much respect but sitting back.

We had the players and firepower to hurt them but we chose to be negative and fucked it up in the end.

Xhaka Can’t
07-02-2015, 02:50 PM
BT congratulating Kane on winning the first ever quadruple.

AFC Leveller
07-02-2015, 02:51 PM
We didn't turn up, we lost. Been there, done that.

Wenger also changed Cazorla's role. Sat there like a lemon while Bellerin got ripped apart, watch Ramsey trudge through mud giving the ball away, watched Giroud hopelessly isolated, watched Ozil yawning his way through a morning stroll, watched the middle being overloaded and being second best every time...

What did he do? He waited for the computer to tell him it was time for a sub. And even then, he takes off Cazorla and Welbeck. Ramsey and Ozil left on. If the guy has a plan then he;s the only one on earth who can see it. For everyone else, they see the exact opposite.

We will never compete again until the manager understands that football is a game of the moment, not some algorithm designed to average out to a 4th place finish.

i agree on the subs. Welbeck was dangerous and worked ard, and santi is santi he will always create something.

ramsey and owil were shite.

adzzzbatch
07-02-2015, 02:52 PM
it looked like wenger had the chelsea result on the back of his mind and showed spuds too much respect but sitting back.

We had the players and firepower to hurt them but we chose to be negative and fucked it up in the end.

I don't think that at all, I just think it was sluggishness on our part that meant we weren't closing them down and harrying them. We gave them all the time in the world on the ball

Xhaka Can’t
07-02-2015, 02:54 PM
sp*rs didn't even see the goal as a set back they knew they would score and we let them.

True.

Their team knew it.

Their Manager (they have one) knew it.

Their fans knew it.

And worst of all, we knew it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-02-2015, 02:54 PM

Not sure, I don't think the tactics were wrong. It was a mixture of Ramsey being Ramsey (shit), Ozil just not giving a fuck when he has to roll his sleeves up and play out of position

adzzzbatch
07-02-2015, 02:55 PM
True.

Their team knew it.

Their Manager (they have one) knew it.

Their fans knew it.

And worst of all, we knew it.

One man seemingly didn't though.

RomfordPele
I'm not even angry any more, just bored of it. The result was a given as soon as wenger was allowed control of the team sheet. Even at 1-1 he didn't respond and bring Theo and Tomas on.

Xhaka Can’t

No. Sorry mate.

You are crediting Wenger with giving it thought.

He didn't.

He never does.

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Not sure, I don't think the tactics were wrong. It was a mixture of Ramsey being Ramsey (shit), Ozil just not giving a fuck when he has to roll his sleeves up and play out of position

I'd say the tactics on the right were at least a bit fucked up.

Xhaka Can’t
07-02-2015, 02:57 PM
One man seemingly didn't though.

Never does.

AFC Leveller
07-02-2015, 02:57 PM
Ozil being brougt straight back seems to have stolen santi's limelight. These two cannot work togerther in the same midfield, and right now Ozil has to be dropped.

Is it a coincidence that his performance drops the minute Ozil starts alongside him?

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2015, 02:58 PM
Scholes spouting now. Can he work Wilshere into his criticism I wonder?

cheesy bites
These last few months, Ramsey has been as useful as Ebola.

What a shite player (at the moment)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
I think he set us up to soak up pressure and counter to be fair but there's only so much soaking up you can do when you continually give the ball away.
The City result was as much about Cazorla giving us purpose in midfield and giving us outlets which we just didnt have today, today was a carbon copy of the game last season the difference is they had someone with the quality to finish their chances.

adzzzbatch
07-02-2015, 03:00 PM
I think he set us up to soak up pressure and counter to be fair but there's only so much soaking up you can do when you continually give the ball away.
The City result was as much about Cazorla giving us purpose in midfield and giving us outlets which we just didnt have today, today was a carbon copy of the game last season the difference is they had someone with the quality to finish their chances.

Very true sp*rs had nothing to be worried about that's why they were the ones that played with purpose because they saw we offered no threat.

Master Splinter
07-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Bad day all round. Bad selection, bad performances, bad decisions, bad reactions.

Not that Ozil was the worst performer today, but if we were going for a containing and breaking approach then surely Rosicky and Walcott were better options. But now that WUMger's favourites are back the team will suffer. Cazorla saved his worst performance for three months for today and Ramsey was almost as bad. Only Coquelin of the front six played well and he was let down by the carelessness and idiocy of all those around him. No change to the plan or personnel either as the game got out of our control, so the only hope was for some individual brilliance. But considering we hardly got the ball or gave it away at every opportunity, there was little chance of that happening.

None of his decisions were directly costly for us, but Atkinson was just shocking. Every first foul by an Arsenal player was a booking while Spurs were getting away with hundreds of fouls, dives and pulls in the box. Not to mention giving them goal kicks for corners.

We could have overcome Atkinson and Spurs though, if he'd picked a more suitable team for the situation and had a better than 23% passing accuracy.

With Ozil, Welbeck and Wilshere soon back, players like Oxlade, Cazorla and Walcott and probably even Coquelin will have to face up to being dropped for playing well and making us a more effective outfit. Chambers back to RB permanently too probably.

Momentum well and truly destroyed again. Maximum points and a healthy goal difference should be the minimum from the upcoming run of fixtures now.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-02-2015, 03:01 PM
I'd say the tactics on the right were at least a bit fucked up.

Aye though I'm more referring to the general game plan, were he fit the best option on the right would have been to play Debuchy with Bellerin in front of him.

RomfordPele
07-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Fuck me, bt sport making it sound like Spurs have won the champions league. Bit patronising to be honest.

AFC Leveller
07-02-2015, 03:03 PM
Bad day all round. Bad selection, bad performances, bad decisions, bad reactions.

Not that Ozil was the worst performer today, but if we were going for a containing and breaking approach then surely Rosicky and Walcott were better options. But now that WUMger's favourites are back the team will suffer. Cazorla saved his worst performance for three months for today and Ramsey was almost as bad. Only Coquelin of the front six played well and he was let down by the carelessness and idiocy of all those around him. No change to the plan or personnel either as the game got out of our control, so the only hope was for some individual brilliance. But considering we hardly got the ball or gave it away at every opportunity, there was little chance of that happening.

None of his decisions were directly costly for us, but Atkinson was just shocking. Every first foul by an Arsenal player was a booking while Spurs were getting away with hundreds of fouls, dives and pulls in the box. Not to mention giving them goal kicks for corners.

We could have overcome Atkinson and Spurs though, if he'd picked a more suitable team for the situation and had a better than 23% passing accuracy.

With Ozil, Welbeck and Wilshere soon back, players like Oxlade, Cazorla and Walcott and probably even Coquelin will have to face up to being dropped for playing well and making us a more effective outfit. Chambers back to RB permanently too probably.

Momentum well and truly destroyed again. Maximum points and a healthy goal difference should be the minimum from the upcoming run of fixtures now.

agree with every word.

i too thought the ref was shocking. just seems to favour them on all those 50 50s and punished us at every opportunity.

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2015, 03:04 PM
Wenger reckons we put so much effort in. Didn't spot it myself, but good to know.

adzzzbatch
07-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Wenger reckons we put so much effort in. Didn't spot it myself, but good to know.

He knows best :bow:

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Oh well, for us it's just another Wenger :doh: moment. For the spudlings it's their cup final and world title and wedding day and the birth of their first child.

Because Wenger is Wenger we'll still push them out of the top 4. Same old same.

Power n Glory
07-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Meh....it's not a shock. This is what we do. The recent run was a total fluke for Wenger. He stumbled upon a winning combination and now he's finding a way to fuck things up as players come back from injury.

Ralpheroo72
07-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Didn't turn up, no urgency, manager may as well have been at a café down the road. Players couldn't string a pass together, sp*rs just bided their time. 3 more years of this shit lads.

Xhaka Can’t
07-02-2015, 03:32 PM

So he's finally arrived at WHL?

Maestro
07-02-2015, 03:36 PM
So what do we do with the rest of this weekend????

Marc Overmars
07-02-2015, 03:37 PM

Got a ton of work done during the game and I'm going out for some well deserved drinks now.

Football. :lol:

Bye.

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2015, 03:37 PM

Focus hard on the fact there's no work for a while. Only thing worse than losing to spuds is having to go to work.

Maestro
07-02-2015, 03:40 PM
Right, beers it is then!!

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Right, beers it is then!!

Whisky - half a bottle left from last night. Another half today and go with the pickling effect for Sunday. Comatose by Monday and ready for another week of work.

Xhaka Can’t
07-02-2015, 03:42 PM
I don't want to sound alarmist or knee-jerk, but combined with the chavs taking the lead, this has probably fucked up our chances of catching Chelsea.

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2015, 03:45 PM
I don't want to sound alarmist or knee-jerk, but combined with the chavs taking the lead, this has probably fucked up our chances of catching Chelsea.

LOOK! Mathematically we continue to fight for every point. Can we win, I will not say yes, definitely.

Maestro
07-02-2015, 03:46 PM
This is what happens when we let Christians go to Vegas and wear bright orange polo shirts. Our fault really!

Xhaka Can’t
07-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Holy crap, BT are back at WHL wanking over them, even my wife has remarked on it.

Why stop at wanking? BT should go all out and get them a bus to parade their three points.

Slacker
07-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Holy crap, BT are back at WHL wanking over them, even my wife has remarked on it.

Why stop at wanking? BT should go all out and get them a bus to parade their three points.

Commemorative DVD out Monday...

Injury Time
07-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Commemorative DVD out Monday...

Already available to download- "Spurs Kane Arsenal" extended BT Wankingover Productions edition

Power n Glory
07-02-2015, 04:24 PM
Down to 6th. Spurs move up to 5th.

adzzzbatch
07-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Down to 6th. Spurs move up to 5th.

Going by our average points at the moment that's where we could potentially finish as well.

Maestro
07-02-2015, 05:09 PM
It's a boy!!!!!!!!

..and I have just named him Peroni Nastro Azzurro!!!!!

adzzzbatch
07-02-2015, 05:16 PM
Congratulations!! :cheer:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
07-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Assuming in that isn't a joke, get in there my son.....................or out there..... Maestro's son. Congrats.

And hands up......I was woefully wrong. I thought we'd turn them over but we bent over and took it ourselves. I'm electing for brandy myself.

AFC Leveller
07-02-2015, 06:27 PM
When we lost to chelsea erlier in the season, ozil was having a mare, a bit like today when he also played wide, sanri came off even though he wasnt playing badly and ozil was kept on

Wenger wumming again.

topgun
07-02-2015, 06:36 PM
We rolled over and took one,same old failings gutless,spineless and clueless.:banghead:

selassie
07-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Going by our average points at the moment that's where we could potentially finish as well.

It's a lottery, we could finish anywhere between 3rd and 6th IMO. I am certainly not as confident as others about top 4 because I don't think any of the contenders will just roll over, they are all pretty decent teams.

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Managed to avoid all online and TV news so far, not sure how long my luck will hold though.

Chippy
07-02-2015, 07:28 PM
I think I've just gone beyond disliking Wenger

Our players are operating without a manager, sad state of affairs this. All credit to the players for still being in touching distance of 4th spot, all on their own.
Fucking severely fucking pissed off! It seemed as if the wrinkly old cunt had woken up and found out how to compete again, but no, today we saw the same old shit! Lucky it was only 2-1. I also hate BT Sport, biased K U N T S! Extra fucking beer for me tonight!

AFC Leveller
07-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Managed to avoid all online and TV news so far, not sure how long my luck will hold though.

according to spuds fans they are now officialy above us and have better players all over the pitch.

didnt they say the same thing 2 years agho after beating us 2-1 and losing an 8 point lead in the end?

adzzzbatch
07-02-2015, 08:26 PM

I haven't, just turned on the TV and there it was :( :sick: :ilt:

Xhaka Can’t
07-02-2015, 08:46 PM
It's a boy!!!!!!!!

..and I have just named him Peroni Nastro Azzurro!!!!!

Congratulations!

Is this your first?

adzzzbatch
07-02-2015, 10:32 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkk

I hate you Arsenal at times. :(

rodders
07-02-2015, 10:39 PM
A right ruddy hames!!!

Ralpheroo72
07-02-2015, 10:49 PM
He's one of our own they exclaimed, but not true
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/picture-emerges-harry-kane-arsenal-invincible-parade-red-hair/?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Weren't at the races today, they were well up for it.

Let them have their 1 day of celebration.

We'll see who's laughing in May.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-02-2015, 11:04 PM
The one positive was Ospina.

With Szczesny we'd have lost 4-1.

adzzzbatch
07-02-2015, 11:47 PM
He's one of our own they exclaimed, but not true
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/picture-emerges-harry-kane-arsenal-invincible-parade-red-hair/?

I thought that chant referenced that he'd been circumcised...

adzzzbatch
07-02-2015, 11:48 PM
The one positive was Ospina.

With Szczesny we'd have lost 4-1.

I agree, although Ospina wasn't anywhere near as good as he has been especially when we was pushing the ball out to a sp*rs player instead of holding on to it.

fakeyank
08-02-2015, 01:22 AM
Thought we played decent today tbf. The only problem IMO was persisting with Ramsey and Ozil. Rosicky should have come for Ramsey as a starter and Theo shouldve replaced Ozil at half time.

Top 4 under threat and I am not concerned.. dont give two shits if we are in the top 4 or not. Just want us to play the right players in the right positions and play some good games and hopefully finish above the scums.

A Gunner
08-02-2015, 03:57 AM
Anyone read the Mail article? It was about Bould not being listen to, which I didn't really care too much about. I like the part where they suggestion the coaching team of Frank de Boer, Overmars and Bergkamp.

Alpha
08-02-2015, 08:15 AM
We did not play well . We did not defend well and we lost the game . No panic . We will win the next game . No need to make it a big deal . It is just a football game . You win or draw or lose . End of story .

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Anyone read the Mail article? It was about Bould not being listen to, which I didn't really care too much about. I like the part where they suggestion the coaching team of Frank de Boer, Overmars and Bergkamp.

Link?

AFC Leveller
08-02-2015, 08:42 AM
I thought that chant referenced that he'd been circumcised...

:lol:

Seems like he is a gooner
Time to come home Harry.

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2015, 08:45 AM
We did not play well . We did not defend well and we lost the game . No panic . We will win the next game . No need to make it a big deal . It is just a football game . You win or draw or lose . End of story .

It was the NLD.

Maestro
08-02-2015, 09:14 AM
Congratulations!

Is this your first?

misunderstanding, i was celebrating the introduction of peroni beer into my system ...following our self inflicted beating

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2015, 09:18 AM
:haha:

Ralpheroo72
08-02-2015, 09:21 AM
It was the NLD.

Liberal Democrats?

Power n Glory
08-02-2015, 09:25 AM
You guys really thought Maestro named his son 'Peroni'? :lol:

Alpha
08-02-2015, 09:28 AM
It was the NLD.

Actually , we have won more derbies than Tottenham . And you can not expect to win all derbies , can you ?

Power n Glory
08-02-2015, 09:29 AM
So....about that wake up call we had against City...AFC Leveler said we'd know more after the Spurs game so what have we learnt? Was this just a bad day at the office or something more?

AFC Leveller
08-02-2015, 09:47 AM
So....about that wake up call we had against City...AFC Leveler said we'd know more after the Spurs game so what have we learnt? Was this just a bad day at the office or something more?

TBF, Wenger's record against Spuds is very very good, something like 7 losses in 40+ games and although we just werent at the races yesterday, i dont think this defeat is significant in any way. in 2013, we lost 2-1 at the Lane and were 8 points behind them (March). We then went on a run and finished above them (all be it on the last day of the season). I think its gonna be really tight this season too but with both 3rd and 4th up for grabs, i think we have a better squad and run in then Spuds, Saints and Liverpool and can afford to bring on the likes of Jack, Ozil, Theo, Rozza and Welbbz in the latter stages of the season and that could be the difference.

AFC Leveller
08-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Journo's and pundits love them a young honest english lad and they cant stop wanking over Kane. Yes, he is having a good season but i think he'll turn out to be a one season wonder.

the goofy -unt.

Power n Glory
08-02-2015, 10:02 AM
TBF, Wenger's record against Spuds is very very good, something like 7 losses in 40+ games and although we just werent at the races yesterday, i dont think this defeat is significant in any way. in 2013, we lost 2-1 at the Lane and were 8 points behind them (March). We then went on a run and finished above them (all be it on the last day of the season). I think its gonna be really tight this season too but with both 3rd and 4th up for grabs, i think we have a better squad and run in then Spuds, Saints and Liverpool and can afford to bring on the likes of Jack, Ozil, Theo, Rozza and Welbbz in the latter stages of the season and that could be the difference.

It's a good record against Spurs and I'm not really worried about where we'll finish in the league. I'm more interested in people's opinions on our tactics. If this defeat isn't significant, why would is the City win significant?

Marc Overmars
08-02-2015, 10:04 AM

Yeah, I suppose when we're successful there's no need to celebrate, after all it's no big deal!

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-02-2015, 10:06 AM
I'd like to think he is a flash in the pan but 21 goals in all competitions.....and anyone with more goals than Sanchez deserves respect. And about 3 quarters of them haven't been in a mickey mouse cup too..

Alpha
08-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I suppose when we're successful there's no need to celebrate, after all it's no big deal!

Well , calling all the demons because we have lost a game , be it a derby , will not change anything at all . We have to look forward to the next game and amend some silly mistakes we made Yesterday which cost us the 3 points .
I was very disappointed after the last whistle but I have quickly moved on .Bring on Leicester .

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2015, 11:32 AM

No cause for concern the fans watching that game and knew we were going to lose but the manager didn't? You could have picked anyone from the away seating and put them in the manager's chair and they would have done a better job.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Liberal Democrats?

Splitters!

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Who did we have available that has shown some fight in prior derby matches?

Rosicky. Benched.
Walcott. Benched.

Who did we have yesterday who was showing a bit of fight?

Welbeck. Subbed.

Who was having a bad day yesterday?

Ramsey. 90 minutes.
Ozil. 90 minutes.

Who was getting murdered yesterday?

Bellerin.

Who, after all these years, still doesn't understand there's more to football than GPS heat maps, computer generated fatigue indexes and broccoli absorption rates?

Wenger

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Actually , we have won more derbies than Tottenham . And you can not expect to win all derbies , can you ?
Sorry mate, you just don't have a clue. This isn't as simple as 'you can't win em all'.

When it comes to the match being materially important, we can't win any of them.

This is bad enough when it's against United, City, the Chavs, Liverpool and even Southampton. But against the Spuds, where we get completely overrun, while seeing zero management. It is fucking unacceptable.

The team should at least turn up for what after 20 years is becoming OUR cup final and give us some pride.

I've become pretty ambivalent about this Club, expecting this team to let me down that it hasn't bothered me when they've done it time and time again.

But I guess I still care because now we can't even deliver when pride is at stake. For all my ambivalence, this hurts because. It is way beyond your can't win em all view, this is about who we are and what this club means.

This club is now defined by capitulation.

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2015, 11:50 AM

Rosicky. Benched.
Walcott. Benched.

Welbeck. Subbed.

Ramsey. 90 minutes.
Ozil. 90 minutes.

Bellerin.

Who, after all these years, still doesn't understand there's more to football than GPS heat maps, computer generated fatigue indexes and broccoli absorption rates?

Wenger
Got to the bit about Rosicky and Theo being benched and thought I'm quoting that bit and good posting it. But it is all :gp:

A Gunner
08-02-2015, 12:06 PM
Link?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2944157/Tottenham-pole-position-sign-West-Brom-striker-Saido-Berahino-25m.html

AFC Leveller
08-02-2015, 12:07 PM
It's a good record against Spurs and I'm not really worried about where we'll finish in the league. I'm more interested in people's opinions on our tactics. If this defeat isn't significant, why would is the City win significant?

Our record in the big games (City, Chelsea, Man ure and Liverpool-ish-) is really bad and we needed to win at a big away ground to sooner or later to prove out worth and we did that. Spuds are a beter side this season but its a local derby and anything can happen, we were absent on the day and thats why i dont think it was significant.

Its also worth noting that you need a bit of luck to go your way and yesterday we didnt really have that (their first goal for example, the ball fell to their best player).

All in all, i think we will show consistancy as we always do in the 2nd half of the season and Wenger knows his precious 4th place is in danger of slipping away so he'll do whats required.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2015, 12:08 PM

It tells me that Tony Adams was one hell of a leader. Same for Vieira. It tells me it was great to have masters like Bergkamp and Pires who could orchestrate a lethal attacking philosophy. It tells me that unsung heroes like Gilberto really deserve a lot more credit.

You can't win every game in football, no team can do that. Accidents will happen, like Marketing getting thumped last night. But you can PLAN for and COMPETE in every game. Losses can be accepted provided you give it 100% and you can spot and use the lessons picked up from that loss.

It tells me that recurring wild swings in the performance and commitment levels of a team reveals deep flaws in whoever is organising and motivating that team.

It tells me that somebody is tarnishing their legacy and needs to get out before the whole nasty truth is fully exposed.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2015, 12:12 PM
...we were absent on the day and thats why i dont think it was significant.

That's the very reason I think it's deeply significant. Any fan who can't stand a loss has unrealistic expectations. But when you lose because the team forgets to turn up and when you've seen that happen over and over, particularly at moments when momentum needs to be maintained, then that's a massive indicator. What this results tells us is if we somehow get into a position where it is crucial for us to perform in order to achieve something of significance this season - we'll fail.

Xhaka Can’t
08-02-2015, 01:19 PM
You guys really thought Maestro named his son 'Peroni'? :lol:

The amount of times you've pulled me up for not understanding what was posted - you're always wrong BTW, you shouldn't be surprised.

AFC Leveller
08-02-2015, 01:20 PM

Rosicky. Benched.
Walcott. Benched.

Welbeck. Subbed.

Ramsey. 90 minutes.
Ozil. 90 minutes.

Bellerin.

Wenger

Spot on.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Didn't watch it so can't comment.

Fuck off BT Sport 12:45 games. :sick:

:gp: if I am scratching my arse so I can pull out a completely useless excuse......is that we hardly ever do well in early kick off games....

Japan Shaking All Over
08-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Ozil being brougt straight back seems to have stolen santi's limelight. These two cannot work togerther in the same midfield, and right now Ozil has to be dropped.

Is it a coincidence that his performance drops the minute Ozil starts alongside him?

I didn't see this game but based on his recent form, Santi needs to be given the reins......I thought Ozil scoring meant he had a decent game but obviously reading you guy's early comments he had his usual dreamy stroll through 90 minutes.....he should not play out wide and if someone is playing the ten better then he needs to sit out......

Japan Shaking All Over
08-02-2015, 02:16 PM

Rosicky. Benched.
Walcott. Benched.

Welbeck. Subbed.

Ramsey. 90 minutes.
Ozil. 90 minutes.

Bellerin.

Wenger

Should have kept in Rosicky and Theo.........

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 03:25 PM

Rosicky. Benched.
Walcott. Benched.

Welbeck. Subbed.

Ramsey. 90 minutes.
Ozil. 90 minutes.

Bellerin.

Wenger

That is possibly the best post I've ever read on here.

Gooner23
08-02-2015, 04:01 PM

Rosicky. Benched.
Walcott. Benched.

Welbeck. Subbed.

Ramsey. 90 minutes.
Ozil. 90 minutes.

Bellerin.

Wenger

Bang on.

Does Ozil have a clause in his contract whereby, injuries aside, he is guaranteed 90 mins?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-02-2015, 06:04 PM
I questioned Welbeck's inclusion even though he was obviously 'up for it'.

Because of that attitude he didn't perhaps hang back looking to catch Spurs out on the break and the out ball was never going to totally be with Ozil being on the left with the type of player he is so I wasn't quite sure what we were trying to achieve. I didn't really believe before the game we needed to set up entirely in the same way as we did against City.....and if that was what we were trying, we didn't really have the right balance of personnel for it or execute it well enough.

BOBN
08-02-2015, 06:21 PM

Rosicky. Benched.
Walcott. Benched.

Welbeck. Subbed.

Ramsey. 90 minutes.
Ozil. 90 minutes.

Bellerin.

Wenger
Your first good post tbh

Power n Glory
08-02-2015, 06:43 PM
Our record in the big games (City, Chelsea, Man ure and Liverpool-ish-) is really bad and we needed to win at a big away ground to sooner or later to prove out worth and we did that. Spuds are a beter side this season but its a local derby and anything can happen, we were absent on the day and thats why i dont think it was significant.

Its also worth noting that you need a bit of luck to go your way and yesterday we didnt really have that (their first goal for example, the ball fell to their best player).

All in all, i think we will show consistancy as we always do in the 2nd half of the season and Wenger knows his precious 4th place is in danger of slipping away so he'll do whats required.

After the City game, you said it might have been the wake up call we needed but we'll see after the Spurs game. So why, after losing, is the result now unimportant? Especially after that comment came after agreeing with Fakeyank's post about us having a good squad but being let down by Wenger's lack of tactics and poor man management.

Didn't yesterday's game show that Wenger hasn't really learned much considering yesterday's squad selection and the tactics? You agree that Rosicky and Walcott should have started, right?

Niall_Quinn
09-02-2015, 12:09 AM
The real Monreal - this is why we can't be doing with players like this. Can you imagine Keown in that position?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/02/08/256D612300000578-2944794-Harry_Kane_rises_highest_to_head_the_ball_expertly _into_the_corn-a-88_1423412513387.jpg

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
09-02-2015, 01:08 AM
That's a strange comparison considering Keown was a CB.... but I agree he probably isn't the long term answer. I thought Bellerin had just as dodgy a game if not worse. Not the end of the world though as any player of his age will have a lot to learn in that position that his talent/ability isn't going to necessarily or naturally iron out for him.

From memory though, there winner was scored by a striker smaller, slower and weaker than Koscielny and Per collectively rising between the two of them and nodding it in. One of them has to deal with that better at that stage in the game.

Keown wouldn't have allowed that to happen. Per has had a dodgy season and Koscielny is certainly not faultless.

Niall_Quinn
09-02-2015, 01:56 AM
That's a strange comparison considering Keown was a CB....

Don't mean positionally. I mean in terms of attacking the ball and clearing everything out if necessary. We've seen too many defenders cowering and watching proceedings at crucial moments this season. For sure, Kos shouldn't have been beaten to that ball. But he was and Monreal was in a position to at least make a nuisance of himself. Look at the body shape. Look at the fact there's 2 spuds in there on one man. It's a snapshot, Monreal might not have been able to make it. But look at the body shape. Reminiscent of Merts when he bottled that challenge a few weeks ago. Our guys can't do the rough stuff and we pay the price on a regular basis.

adzzzbatch
09-02-2015, 08:04 AM
The real Monreal - this is why we can't be doing with players like this. Can you imagine Keown in that position?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/02/08/256D612300000578-2944794-Harry_Kane_rises_highest_to_head_the_ball_expertly _into_the_corn-a-88_1423412513387.jpg

It's endemic across our defenders, mertesacker leading the charge.

AFC Leveller
09-02-2015, 08:31 AM
After the City game, you said it might have been the wake up call we needed but we'll see after the Spurs game. So why, after losing, is the result now unimportant? Especially after that comment came after agreeing with Fakeyank's post about us having a good squad but being let down by Wenger's lack of tactics and poor man management.

Didn't yesterday's game show that Wenger hasn't really learned much considering yesterday's squad selection and the tactics? You agree that Rosicky and Walcott should have started, right?

The loss to Spurs wasnt down to lack of big game mentality, it wasnt down to tactics, it wasnt down to individual erros, it was down to a very poor display on the day and yes, the manager was mostly at fault because he didnt seem to do anything about it. However, Wenger hasnt suddenly changed his stubborn ways in one game (city away) and his old habbits still remain (wrong subs on saturday). When we go to Man ure (our only big away game left) it will tell us a lot more about our ability to win the big away games than Saturday did.

Our squad right now is a lot more ballanced than before, we have competeton for places (but whether wenger continues to select his favourites is a different argument) and genuine quality is almost every position.

Put it this way, had we won on saturday, i wouldnt come here and say we have definitely made a turnaround and can beat anyone in this league. Beating Spuds for me has always been because we have had better players and a better manager more than anything else.

Power n Glory
09-02-2015, 09:08 AM
The loss to Spurs wasnt down to lack of big game mentality, it wasnt down to tactics, it wasnt down to individual erros, it was down to a very poor display on the day and yes, the manager was mostly at fault because he didnt seem to do anything about it. However, Wenger hasnt suddenly changed his stubborn ways in one game (city away) and his old habbits still remain (wrong subs on saturday). When we go to Man ure (our only big away game left) it will tell us a lot more about our ability to win the big away games than Saturday did.

Our squad right now is a lot more ballanced than before, we have competeton for places (but whether wenger continues to select his favourites is a different argument) and genuine quality is almost every position.

Put it this way, had we won on saturday, i wouldnt come here and say we have definitely made a turnaround and can beat anyone in this league. Beating Spuds for me has always been because we have had better players and a better manager more than anything else.

Now the Manure game will tell us more? But last week you said the Spurs game would tell us more. That's my point. Shifting goal posts slightly.

AFC Leveller
09-02-2015, 09:13 AM
Now the Manure game will tell us more? But last week you said the Spurs game would tell us more. That's my point. Shifting goal posts slightly.

Trust me, im telling it the way i see it. No shifting goal posts because we all know what our problems are. A loss to spurs is always hard to take but i really cant see much beyond the fact that it was a loss in a local derby.

Ive probably been one of our biggest critics this season but i really cant see anything in this loss other than the manager getting the subs wrong and letting us down again with his lakc of game change.

Power n Glory
09-02-2015, 09:16 AM

Kos should be the focus on that goal. He wasn't marking tight enough and missed the header. Also, I have no idea why we always fall asleep when it's a throw in. We let them cross the ball into our box unchallenged.

Niall_Quinn
09-02-2015, 09:43 AM
Kos should be the focus on that goal. He wasn't marking tight enough and missed the header. Also, I have no idea why we always fall asleep when it's a throw in. We let them cross the ball into our box unchallenged.

Yes of course Kos should be a focus, that's obvious. But just after the moment of impact what is the rest of the defence doing? This is a freeze frame of our shitty zonal system in action. Merts is marking empty space. Monreal is a yard behind the play, also isolated. The spuds have two men attacking the ball, overloading our one man in the zone. Spuds are on the front foot, look at us.

selassie
09-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Aside from losing to that lot which is always hard to take, it was the manner in defeat that really got me. We were really poor on Saturday, I almost felt like we were undoing all the good work of the past few weeks with that horrible display on Saturday. I said it after the game and I'll say it again, we were 2nd best to everything on Saturday and that for me was a major concern. I don't know whether it was mentally/application or whether it was just one of those days but pretty much everybody was off. If I hadn't seen an abject display like this in a big game before than I would just write it off as "one of those days" but unfortunately we've seen plenty of performances like this before, especially in the big games. Make no mistake this was a big game, of course they are our local rivals, but they are also geniune rivals for top 4 too.

It feels like back to the drawing board and we must now go on a good solid winning run to really stake a claim for a top 3/4 finish.

Not that I thought we'd totally turned he corner but I still don't trust this team and harbour doubts about whether they really have what it takes. I also don't trust Wenger and his team selections, I think there are a few players in our squad that MUST start the big/pressure games, the likes of Theo, Rosicky and Sanchez would always start in these games for me.

Niall_Quinn
09-02-2015, 10:06 AM
Avoiding the media in general but I can't resist Redknapp because he's always so hilarious. Kane is his man of the year. In February. Which means "Sanchez" is no longer his man of the year for January and Costa (or shall we call him Smith?) is no longer his "for me he's simply the best", man of the year for whenever. I think Gerrard was his man of the year for a couple of hours too.

I know this is how the world works. All I'm saying is, it's broken.

Power n Glory
09-02-2015, 10:39 AM
Yes of course Kos should be a focus, that's obvious. But just after the moment of impact what is the rest of the defence doing? This is a freeze frame of our shitty zonal system in action. Merts is marking empty space. Monreal is a yard behind the play, also isolated. The spuds have two men attacking the ball, overloading our one man in the zone. Spuds are on the front foot, look at us.

I don't know if it's the system or the players because we've looked solid over the past few weeks up until this game.

Niall_Quinn
09-02-2015, 11:11 AM
I don't know if it's the system or the players because we've looked solid over the past few weeks up until this game.

We looked solid until we came up against a powerful striker who was getting a supply. I know that sometimes the striker is going to win. But you have to set up depending on who you are up against. There should have been somebody tasked to their best and only effective striker. I don't necessarily mean somebody to beat him in the air either. Just somebody to get in his way, block his run, obstruct his leap. That's how the chavs do it. It's all well and good Wenger complaining about Kos being beaten in the air, but how did he set us up to make that less likely? In fact how did he set us up at all? Not related to the goal, but Bellerin was getting crucified all match. We managed to make Danny Rose look competent FFS. The players ahead of Bellerin were doing nothing to assist. How does Wenger sit there for 90 minutes and watch that happen over and over again? Everyone else was screaming about it. Then he makes his subs and again ignores the problem. Fuck sake. 8 million quid.

Power n Glory
09-02-2015, 11:56 AM
We looked solid until we came up against a powerful striker who was getting a supply. I know that sometimes the striker is going to win. But you have to set up depending on who you are up against. There should have been somebody tasked to their best and only effective striker. I don't necessarily mean somebody to beat him in the air either. Just somebody to get in his way, block his run, obstruct his leap. That's how the chavs do it. It's all well and good Wenger complaining about Kos being beaten in the air, but how did he set us up to make that less likely? In fact how did he set us up at all? Not related to the goal, but Bellerin was getting crucified all match. We managed to make Danny Rose look competent FFS. The players ahead of Bellerin were doing nothing to assist. How does Wenger sit there for 90 minutes and watch that happen over and over again? Everyone else was screaming about it. Then he makes his subs and again ignores the problem. Fuck sake. 8 million quid.

I agree with a lot of that but I'm not sure what Monreal done much wrong. He tracked his man on the back post and I don't recall seeing many fullbacks successfully abandoning the back post run to go try and win a header that their CB should be all over. But that cross should never have happened in the first place. We stood off them. That was probably the biggest fault.

It's worth taking a caption of their first goal. Kane was left unmarked in the box and Ramsey just left him to it. Criminal.

Dein-machine
09-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Too many on here last week deciding that we were now the worlds greatest team because we thrashed Villa & that Wenger had turned a corner - we've been through it all before & will do time & time again. We don't have to look at who to blame for Kane's goals, we simply have to realise that if we continue to put players like Merts, Monreal, Ramsey, Giroud in the starting line up alongside the inexperience of Bellerin & Coquelin, then we will lose games. We can beat teams like Villa because they have worse players than us but against the better teams we are still 3/4 players off of being a consistently good side. How much more do we need to see of Giroud to realise he's not that good. In Kane's 1st proper season he's showing the consistency & quality that we have never had with Giroud & never will. It may need us to finish out of the top 4 for the big decisions to be made on clearing out the deadwood & buying the required quality. Until that is done its always 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Niall_Quinn
09-02-2015, 12:18 PM
I agree with a lot of that but I'm not sure what Monreal done much wrong. He tracked his man on the back post and I don't recall seeing many fullbacks successfully abandoning the back post run to go try and win a header that their CB should be all over. But that cross should never have happened in the first place. We stood off them. That was probably the biggest fault.

It's worth taking a caption of their first goal. Kane was left unmarked in the box and Ramsey just left him to it. Criminal.

Well okay, fair enough. If the system is flawed then players can be exposed or left in impossible situations. But I still hate his body shape in that situation, it's startled chicken instead of vulture.

I suppose none of it matters because Wenger won't change it. It's claimed he watches every game over and over. Why, I wonder?

AFC Leveller
09-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Danny Rose is such stupid little prick. He should have been sent off for his tackle on Giroud and kicking the ball at Welbz as well as for being an ugly lil c*nt.

Niall_Quinn
09-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Danny Rose is such stupid little prick. He should have been sent off for his tackle on Giroud and kicking the ball at Welbz as well as for being an ugly lil c*nt.

Face it. They were up for it and prepared to do what it took to win, even if some of it was snidey. We used to have Fabregas to do all that shit.

AFC Leveller
09-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Face it. They were up for it and prepared to do what it took to win, even if some of it was snidey. We used to have Fabregas to do all that shit.

Yeah i see what you are saying but he is a c*nt regardless of the game. Ugly Mofo too.

Niall_Quinn
09-02-2015, 12:34 PM
Yeah i see what you are saying but he is a c*nt regardless of the game. Ugly Mofo too.

And fat

Power n Glory
09-02-2015, 01:31 PM
Too many on here last week deciding that we were now the worlds greatest team because we thrashed Villa & that Wenger had turned a corner - we've been through it all before & will do time & time again. We don't have to look at who to blame for Kane's goals, we simply have to realise that if we continue to put players like Merts, Monreal, Ramsey, Giroud in the starting line up alongside the inexperience of Bellerin & Coquelin, then we will lose games. We can beat teams like Villa because they have worse players than us but against the better teams we are still 3/4 players off of being a consistently good side. How much more do we need to see of Giroud to realise he's not that good. In Kane's 1st proper season he's showing the consistency & quality that we have never had with Giroud & never will. It may need us to finish out of the top 4 for the big decisions to be made on clearing out the deadwood & buying the required quality. Until that is done its always 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

If we swapped players with Spurs having our team and us having Kane and co, we'd still lose. Too simple to day we can only beat poorer teams because we've beaten better and lost to much worse teams.

Dein-machine
09-02-2015, 02:07 PM
If we swapped players with Spurs having our team and us having Kane and co, we'd still lose. Too simple to day we can only beat poorer teams because we've beaten better and lost to much worse teams.

I agree but this is all down to inconsistency. Guardiola or Maureen couldn't win game after game with this team because 50% of the starting line up simply isn't good enough. Difference being is that those 2 would understand the problems & get rid of the dros & buy the quality required - our manager seems to want to take years to prove he was right to sign so & so, even though so & so is obviously nowhere near good enough. We have quite a few so & so's.
If we look at City, Utd & Chelsea as the main PL rivals, why are we the only ones without a world class keeper. Defensively Utd are no better than us but can it be right that compared to City & Chelsea we only have Kos who woudl be classed as a top defender. Midfield, we have an abundance of small tippy tappy players but not one of them would be classed as currently world class because of the lack of consistency. We have no world class DM's unlike the others.
Sanchez has been brilliant for us & certainly helps to cancel out the likes of Hazard & Silva but we don't have an Ageuro or a Costa to consistently score goals.
You can try to play as much football as you like but if you don't have the quality individuals required then you are wasting your time. Starting a game at the moment with Ramsey & Giroud means our attacking options are badly affected, how much quality attacking football can we play with these 2. If you change Welbeck for Giroud its no better. Neither have a football brain to play the way that Wenger wants to.

Globalgunner
09-02-2015, 07:11 PM
I agree but this is all down to inconsistency. Guardiola or Maureen couldn't win game after game with this team because 50% of the starting line up simply isn't good enough. Difference being is that those 2 would understand the problems & get rid of the dros & buy the quality required - our manager seems to want to take years to prove he was right to sign so & so, even though so & so is obviously nowhere near good enough. We have quite a few so & so's.
If we look at City, Utd & Chelsea as the main PL rivals, why are we the only ones without a world class keeper. Defensively Utd are no better than us but can it be right that compared to City & Chelsea we only have Kos who woudl be classed as a top defender. Midfield, we have an abundance of small tippy tappy players but not one of them would be classed as currently world class because of the lack of consistency. We have no world class DM's unlike the others.
Sanchez has been brilliant for us & certainly helps to cancel out the likes of Hazard & Silva but we don't have an Ageuro or a Costa to consistently score goals.
You can try to play as much football as you like but if you don't have the quality individuals required then you are wasting your time. Starting a game at the moment with Ramsey & Giroud means our attacking options are badly affected, how much quality attacking football can we play with these 2. If you change Welbeck for Giroud its no better. Neither have a football brain to play the way that Wenger wants to.

Even Wenger doesn't have the brains to play football the way Wenger wants.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Mertesacker's really gone downhill for some reason. Perhaps he's lost motivation.

He reached the pinnacle as a footballer by winning the world cup, and maybe he's just lost motivation.

A Gunner
10-02-2015, 02:30 AM
Mertesacker's really gone downhill for some reason. Perhaps he's lost motivation.

He reached the pinnacle as a footballer by winning the world cup, and maybe he's just lost motivation.

I agree with you there. This season, he just seems to be switched off a lot of times.

Özim
10-02-2015, 01:19 PM
Didn't see the match, disappointed we lost but hey ho. Had a good run recently with a couple really good wins, including one against a top team for once, sadly all of these never really amount to anything they never really lead to us kicking on or going on a charge for a title, gone are the days when we could string a long run of unbeaten games and challenge for the title.