PDA

View Full Version : Was Ramsey's "world class" run of form just a fluke?

cheesy bites
07-02-2015, 03:02 PM
He has looked AWFUL recently. He misses passes and over runs things, and throws himself about trying to recover his mistakes. What the fuck is wrong with him.

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2015, 03:06 PM
You can't fluke that level of performance. Seems like he's a player who plays the game in his mind and needs to have sky high confidence to play his best. When those confidence levels drop his game falls off a cliff.

adzzzbatch
07-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Increasingly looking like a fluke :(

RomfordPele
07-02-2015, 03:13 PM
Yep. Fortunately there wasn't a world class midfielder begging to come back to arsenal to replace him, otherwise I'd be really miffed.

Power n Glory
07-02-2015, 03:20 PM
You can't fluke that level of performance. Seems like he's a player who plays the game in his mind and needs to have sky high confidence to play his best. When those confidence levels drop his game falls off a cliff.

Plenty of one season wonders in football and he might be one of them.

Marc Overmars
07-02-2015, 03:26 PM
He was on a hot streak, happens to many players. He is most certainly a good player though, just needs to find some consistency and a proper role in this team. Sometimes he plays from deep, other times he goes looking for glory. Fucks with the system.

He wasn't "world class" after 6 months and he isn't shit after a drop off.

Xhaka Can’t
07-02-2015, 03:29 PM
Everything he did worked for him over a prolonged period of time. To be fair to him, he fed on that. But even during his purple patch, people pointed out that the same problems he faced before and now were creeping into his game.

I was not one of those prognosticators but I'm coming round to their point of view.

Maestro
07-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Just no one to give him basic tactical game instructions. Keep it simple, no fancy stuff...keep the shape and work hard defensively!

BOBN
07-02-2015, 04:05 PM
I knew we'd be in trouble once Ramsey/Wilshere came back into the team.

The English disease.

Maestro
07-02-2015, 04:09 PM
I knew we'd be in trouble once Ramsey/Wilshere came back into the team.

The English disease.

But BOBN Rambo is not English

AFC Leveller
07-02-2015, 04:12 PM
i agree. he is a good player and with the right coaching, he can be even better. at the moment, he does these flicks and turns that end up conceding posession (see his flick before our pel at city where he didnt need to).

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2015, 04:12 PM
But BOBN Rambo is not English

He meant the English Disease, as in taking Wales, Scotland and N Ireland for granted.

Power n Glory
07-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Rosicky is no joke. First time we've been bossed in the middle for months. He should be starting over Ramsey.

Ramsey completed 38/54 passes. He's a weak link and it doesn't help when Giroud has a game where we completes 29/53 passes.

RomfordPele
07-02-2015, 11:22 PM
Rosicky is no joke. First time we've been bossed in the middle for months. He should be starting over Ramsey.

Ramsey completed 38/54 passes. He's a weak link and it doesn't help when Giroud has a game where we completes 29/53 passes.

Its beyond obvious that Tomas should have started today over Ramsey. Its fucking Clowngate every match with wenger these days. You end up hoping for an injury to force him into selecting the right first XI. Two and a half years of this shite to go? Fucking hell!

adzzzbatch
07-02-2015, 11:44 PM
Its beyond obvious that Tomas should have started today over Ramsey. Its fucking Clowngate every match with wenger these days. You end up hoping for an injury to force him into selecting the right first XI. Two and a half years of this shite to go? Fucking hell!

Rosicky has the experience and the tools to run the midfield, he also has the legs for old timer and never seems to stop running, just what we needed from the outset someone to press and chase every ball, much like Alexis would've done if he had played.

hobson's choice
08-02-2015, 12:06 AM
He was never great that season, he just scored goal. His overall play was not anywhere near consistently good.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-02-2015, 08:28 AM
He had that season because he kept things simple.

He'd get the ball, pass it and move. Then he'd get on the end of the ball in the opposite box and score.

Now he's trying to be Messi, Ronaldo and Lampard all lumped into 1.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2015, 11:58 AM
He had that season because he kept things simple.

That's all any of them need to do. Why can't they grasp that fact?

BOBN
08-02-2015, 06:28 PM
Probably gonna boo Ramsey against Leicester tbh.

Only time he played well was after boos.

Raw confidence doesnt mesh well with certain types.

Injury Time
08-02-2015, 06:39 PM
That's all any of them need to do. Why can't they grasp that fact?

Too busy smoking shit with Chez and Wil-I-chavshire probably, puff-puff pass-pass, maybe?

selassie
09-02-2015, 12:25 AM
Ramsey is the odd one out in this Midfield 3, he runs around doing FA, misplaces passes, gives away the ball a lot and then proceeds to playing as a striker when he gets bored of his role in the team. Actually what is his role? Does anybody know? Does he know?

He's been really poor this season, all of the reasons have been stated already, he's trying too hard etc. Drop him and bring in Rosicky, easy decision to make.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
09-02-2015, 12:58 AM
I actually don't think all he did, was do simple things last season. I think he actually did a lot more. Yes he did the simple things well, but he was trying all sorts of circus tricks and it was coming off. Now that it isn't it doesn't take much deliberating and working out that you need to try to simplify your game but I do think it is important to remember that he wasn't THAT good just because he did simple things well.

In any case, it is criminal that Rosicky isn't starting.

Niall_Quinn
09-02-2015, 02:00 AM
I actually don't think all he did, was do simple things last season. I think he actually did a lot more. Yes he did the simple things well, but he was trying all sorts of circus tricks and it was coming off. Now that it isn't it doesn't take much deliberating and working out that you need to try to simplify your game but I do think it is important to remember that he wasn't THAT good just because he did simple things well.

In any case, it is criminal that Rosicky isn't starting.

Wenger probably has a spreadsheet that instructs him when Rosicky can be played based on age, millilitres of oxygen uptake per second per yard, calorific burn rate per peanut encrusted broccoli snack and minutes per urine discharge.

Ollie the Optimist
09-02-2015, 10:54 AM
you can fluke a purple patch for a month or two, just look at nasri a few years ago for us, however you can't fluke a season of world class form like ramsey last year. Last year, when he was out for those three months or so, he came straight back into the team and hit his goalscoring form like he had never been away, he was performing at the same level as he was back in the early part of the season. You can't fluke that, not with a three month injury lay off.

I think NQ is right, he is confidence player and irhgt now he is low on it, however I also think he is a much better player when Ozil and Giroud play. He has a great understanding between those two, and his performances show this. I wonder also if Flamini is part of the problem, when Arteta was next to Ramsey, Ramsey trusted him to cover etc, and played with a bit more freedom, with Flamini, you never know where he will be, (well you do, he will be just pointing and shouting at something) and I wonder if perhaps this affects Ramsey as he doesn't have the confidence to bomb forward like he does with Arteta sitting there

Penguin
18-02-2015, 08:29 PM
He's become obsessed by goals and regressed in other parts of his game. Most importantly his work rate - last season he was all over the pitch. A true box to box midfielder, up and down the pitch like terrier for the whole 90 minutes, and pretty much guaranteed to have the most mileage at the end of any game. If he lost the ball he'd be back there charging down the player. That's just not happening any more.

He still makes an effort to get into the box to score, but when we lose it he has a little moan at his team mates, followed by a leisurely jog back.

Even though his goals have dried up you'd expect better than what we're seeing. He has never been the best playmaker in the world so without his energy and enthusiasm he's just... Meh.