selassie
25-02-2015, 09:43 PM
No words

Gooner23
25-02-2015, 09:43 PM
See you again same time next year.

Özim
25-02-2015, 09:44 PM
Dogshite manager and dogshite team, Monaco aren't all that either.

Highly embarrassing.

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 09:44 PM
Why does everyone shout GET IN when they get us in the draw? It's a mystery.

topgun
25-02-2015, 09:45 PM
Same s--t different season.

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 09:47 PM
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a433/qwerty12343/MV5BNTM1OTgzNjMzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODI1MTMyNA_V1_ SX640_SY431_.jpg

Munchies
25-02-2015, 09:50 PM
Invincibles documentary on in abit

Great :lol:

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 09:52 PM
Invincibles documentary on in abit

Great :lol:

LOL - the lads always manage to extract the maximum embarrassment at the key moment.

Munchies
25-02-2015, 09:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-uJpaSWkAAXuuK.jpg:large

BOOM! :haha:

Özim
25-02-2015, 09:53 PM
Wenger has to be considered one of the worst managers in European competitions, a utter and total failure at that level, had so many chances to succeed.

Gooner23
25-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Not one player could say they played well. How can that be in such am important game.

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Redknapp can't get a word in with Henry and Souness. Sitting there waiting for permission to speak, and even when he pipes up all he says is, "Isn't that right Thierry?"

Marc Overmars
25-02-2015, 09:55 PM
I've immunised myself from most of the misery we serve up these days, but I've got to say that really hurt. I can accept coming up short against the elite teams, but Monaco? Really? What a sad indictment on where we are as a team. If Monaco are considered 2nd tier (which they are) then what the fuck does that make us? We have no pedigree or credibility at this level anymore.

A rotten result and a cowardly performance. Why are we setting up so conservatively against a team who are happy to sit back and absorb pressure? Surely logic must dictate that we play in a more direct manner.

Despite the atrocity of the performance, we still had opportunities to get a result but spectacularly fluffed our lines. Giroud missing a free header then a simple follow up to a rebound, Walcott getting in the way of a goalbound shot? Laughable.

Wenger. :haha:

Just give it up old man.

Master Splinter
Truly woeful in every respect, with absolutely nothing to redeem the team or manager.

Redemption will only be achieved in the absolutely-never-will-happen overturning of this horrid deficit and somehow going through.

But just for reference's sake, Sanchez, Ozil and Mertesacker were astoundingly dreadful. Giroud at least was seemingly trying.

Munchies
Wenger has to be considered one of the worst managers in European competitions, a utter and total failure at that level, had so many chances to succeed.

Wayne Bridge :doh:

Niall_Quinn
Not one player could say they played well. How can that be in such am important game.

Manager.

He played two attacking midfielders in central roles, allowed the fullbacks to play ahead of the wide men and because of both those things Welbeck and Alexis were taken out of the game.

Manager is clueless.

selassie
25-02-2015, 09:57 PM

Wenger is 2nd tier manager in CL, he gets schooled by tactical coaches every single season, it's no coincidence. This team would be challenging for the title with a half decent manager. I also think we would be performing at a higher level in CL. Tonight was totally unacceptable, it was an absolute disgrace.

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Truly woeful in every respect, with absolutely nothing to redeem the team or manager.

Redemption will only be achieved in the absolutely-never-will-happen overturning of this horrid deficit and somehow going through.

But just for reference's sake, Sanchez, Ozil and Mertesacker were astoundingly dreadful. Giroud at least was seemingly trying.

Merts on the second goal was beyond belief. You'd get kicked out of an academy on the spot for doing that. And he fucking KNOWS he doesn't have the pace to deal with it if such a ludicrous gamble doesn't come off.

Gubby Allen
25-02-2015, 10:00 PM
It wasn't an overly important result. The priority is qualifying for the Champions League next season and then once we do, getting through the group stages...

Then next February, that game won't really matter. The priority will be making sure that we qualify for the Champions League and then making sure that we get through the group stage.

Once we do, that game won't be too important. The priority ....... etc.

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 10:01 PM
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a433/qwerty12343/wenger-no-running_zpsf47d3e1b.jpg

Munchies
25-02-2015, 10:04 PM
[IMG]http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a433/qwerty12343/wenger-no-running_zpsf47d3e1b.jpg[ /IMG]

Tactics for the whole game right there

Marc Overmars
25-02-2015, 10:04 PM
Mesut Ozil...

Discuss.

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 10:08 PM
Mesut Ozil...

Discuss.

Hot and cold. He's been better recently, up until tonight. Wenger doesn't have the guts to rotate him which is what should be happening with Santi. Not sure why, less games for both means less injuries, more energy, could also mean more consistency. But Wenger won't do it. Instead he shoves them into a central midfield pairing against strong and determined opposition. That's because Wenger is an idiot.

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 10:10 PM
Here we go. Sky Sports 5, documentary about the Invincible season. Couldn't be more of a contrast.

Dein-machine
Come on guys - look on the bright side.
1, the over paid French prick cannot possibly set up to play defensively in Monaco - at some stage during the next few weeks when his altziemers pills kick in he will work out that we have to score at least 3 goals.
2, we can now concentrate on our annual 4th place battle so that we can get knocked out at this stage next year.
3, it saves an even worse raping from one of Europes big clubs - by the way weren't we supposed to be one of them following Emirates move?

Gooner23
Just when he was showing signs of improvement he puts in a shambolic performance like that. And the fuck still gets 90 mins.

cheesy bites
25-02-2015, 10:12 PM
If I never see Mertesacker and Ozil in an Arsenal shirt, I will be ecstatic.

If I never see Wenger in the dugout after this season, I will be jubilant.

Fuck off the lot of them.

Munchies
25-02-2015, 10:13 PM
Here we go. Sky Sports 5, documentary about the Invincible season. Couldn't be more of a contrast.

yeah got it on now

Why did Wenger abandon Pace and Power?

Munchies
25-02-2015, 10:15 PM
http://cricfree.tv/sky-sports-5-live-stream

Arsenal documentary now

Munchies
25-02-2015, 10:16 PM
WUMger :haha:

Ralpheroo72
25-02-2015, 10:18 PM
Absolute shambles, you could set your watch by it. Every February/March its the same thing. I keep looking for Bill Murray in the crowd, as he must be sick of Groundhog day Mark II

Arsene needs to leave, or ultimately someone within the club needs to grow a set, and shove him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-02-2015, 10:19 PM
I stopped watching at end of first half, not just because of our feckless performance, but Gary Neville's commentary was irritating me to the point that even if i watched the game on mute i'd know he was still talking and that would be enough to raise my blood pressure. I also had dinner to see to, that plus in my mind i could see where this was going (although personally i thought it would end 2-0 with them getting a second in injury time rather than a third)

Xhaka Can’t
25-02-2015, 10:22 PM
Absolute shambles, you could set your watch by it. Every February/March its the same thing. I keep looking for Bill Murray in the crowd, as he must be sick of Groundhog day Mark II

Arsene needs to leave, or ultimately someone within the club needs to grow a set, and shove him.

Predictable as fuck. We should all be millionaires by now. That we aren't makes us more pathetic than Wenger.

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 10:22 PM
Mad Jens :bow:

Senile Arsene :bow:

Munchies
25-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Jens :bow:

Marc Overmars
25-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Just the impending defeat at Old Trafford to come and we're back to square one. Again.

Munchies
25-02-2015, 10:29 PM
what a bunch of players, taking no shit

this lot would do fuck all

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 10:30 PM
That's fucking brilliant they way they got in Van Cheat's face. Superb. (I'm watching the SS5 doc btw)

Jens when he says I wasn't impressed by van Nistelrooy - I'm a German, he's Dutch :haha:

Munchies
25-02-2015, 10:31 PM
Keown always reminded of that Van Horseface incident :lol:

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 10:32 PM
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/article6890915.ece/binary/original/Martin%20Keown%20and%20Ruud%20van%20Nistelrooy.jpg

Asthmatic Kitty
25-02-2015, 10:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LYU3EB7.jpg

Munchies
25-02-2015, 10:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtZS1z0VBbw

:rimshot:

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 10:36 PM
"We knew at half time it was important not to keep our nerves"

:haha:

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 10:37 PM
"Monaco are well organised"

HINT! HINT!

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 10:39 PM
Wenger on the SS5 doc - "During that period we didn't even consider our opponent, we just went out and played football"

Not just during that period by the look of it.

Letters
25-02-2015, 10:41 PM
Just the impending defeat at Old Trafford to come and we're back to square one. Again.

I was feeling quite bullish about the FA Cup game but yeah, we're going to screw that up too, aren't we?
Best draw we could have got and we cocked it up royally.
:ilt:

Munchies
25-02-2015, 10:44 PM
I'd rather have Campbell now than Mertesacker in the team

Marc Overmars
25-02-2015, 10:50 PM
Wenger on the SS5 doc - "During that period we didn't even consider our opponent, we just went out and played football"

Not just during that period by the look of it.

That works when you have supreme players in every position who scare the shit out of opponents. When you have an average team that requires some management, not so much.

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Of course he's part of the Invincibles period and that can't be taken away from him. But he's kicking the shit out of his overall legacy.

Ralpheroo72
25-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Make Ozil captain, and hopefully someone will buy him.

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 11:17 PM
2004-26-12-0

Zis is all I will say on zis.

fakeyank
25-02-2015, 11:19 PM
https://vine.co/v/OiZp3U9w0l3

Niall_Quinn
25-02-2015, 11:23 PM
Highlights of the game on SS5 if any masochist is interested.

Munchies
25-02-2015, 11:32 PM
Make Ozil captain, and hopefully someone will buy him.

Let's hope PSG come in for him

selassie
25-02-2015, 11:40 PM
Mesut Ozil...

Discuss.

Waste of money, he's a friggin pussy, bottler.

Munchies
26-02-2015, 12:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3vjHu1q5HrQ

HADA NUFF

adzzzbatch
26-02-2015, 12:06 AM
meh.

kas
26-02-2015, 12:09 AM
Highlights of the game on SS5 if any masochist is interested.

Well 'Maureen' was probably watching with a snidey grin on his face.!
That dipstick being proved right about Wenger is almost as unbearable as the match itself

Marc Overmars
26-02-2015, 12:11 AM
Waste of money, he's a friggin pussy, bottler.

One of the biggest fairweathers I've ever seen.

We don't need him and I wish Wenger would grow a pair and drop him.

Munchies
26-02-2015, 12:13 AM

We don't need him. I wish Wenger would grow a pair and drop him.

Sell him already

Even with players infront of him with some sort of pace, he's shite

Like Giroud, he'll do well against shit teams

adzzzbatch
26-02-2015, 12:14 AM

We don't need him. I wish Wenger would grow a pair and drop him.

Speaking of which I'd like to know what he was doing today?

(Didn't actually watch the game as I was out but saw us go 2 down.

adzzzbatch
26-02-2015, 12:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3vjHu1q5HrQ

HADA NUFF

(Just watched that claude bloke aswell)

Boring. The same old cunts keep going to matches just to get on Youtube it seems! If they were that bothered they would stop spending their money going to games.

Munchies
26-02-2015, 12:32 AM
Claude vid :lol:

Dein-machine
26-02-2015, 01:08 AM
Kos, Santi & Sanchez are the only players from starting 11 that I would want in an Arsenal shirt next year - seriously that's how bad it is. It all great when we play shit like Villa or Newcastle but we cannot play better teams with what we have

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2015, 01:17 AM
Claude vid :lol:

His life must be sad if he's that torn up about football. Maybe when I was 7 I used to get like that.

rodders
26-02-2015, 08:02 AM
Another in the increasing catalogue of humiliations we have had to endure .

Marc Overmars
26-02-2015, 08:12 AM
Oh so that really happened last night.

Cunts!

adzzzbatch
26-02-2015, 08:18 AM
I didn't realise we gifted them their 3rd in the 94th minute! :haha: :haha:

Gooner23
26-02-2015, 08:20 AM
First time I've been genuinely angry about a defeat for a very long time. The last few years I've managed to shrug off the humiliations. Last night seemed different. somehow. This shouldn't keep happening.

And to hear Wumger admit the team weren't mentally ready for the game is quite incredible.

Marc Overmars
26-02-2015, 08:27 AM
It is pointless being in this competition, we're like a bad smell that won't go away. It's all well and good being able to attract top players with the CL but how exactly has that helped us kick on? Alexis is great but he's just one man, despite signing him we're arguably worse off as a team. I'm sure if we signed Messi and Ronaldo they would be negated by some stupid deficiencies elsewhere.

Xhaka Can’t
26-02-2015, 08:27 AM
Sell him already

Even with players infront of him with some sort of pace, he's shite

Like Giroud, he'll do well against shit teams

He is nowhere near as effective as Giroud against shit teams - or any teams for that matter.

Power n Glory
26-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Gave up on Ozil a long time ago. Excuses about needing time to settle, not have the right players around him...bollocks. He's a fraud of a player.

1_nilto the arsenal
26-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Embarssing enough it was Monaco, probably them and Leverkusen the two weakest teams left in the competition. To lose 3-1 away would have been bad, but to lose in the manner we did and allow french team to take us apart with 3 away goals is unforgivable. I can take the pain when its Bayern or Barcelona, even Milan, but Monaco. sorry Wenger must leave end of the season. I cannot take this bullshit anymore. The Invincibles? Who gives a flying fuck about that documentary, had we off won every game then fair play, but lets not go on and on. We need to win the champions league and the premier league, under this cunt we only will ever come 4th and an FA Cup every 10 years.

Letters
26-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Gave up on Ozil a long time ago. Excuses about needing time to settle, not have the right players around him...bollocks. He's a fraud of a player.

He's been brilliant recently :shrug:
One bad game (in a game where, by all accounts, there was a collective brainfart by all of them) and it's all this bollox.

selassie
26-02-2015, 09:09 AM
It is pointless being in this competition, we're like a bad smell that won't go away. It's all well and good being able to attract top players with the CL but how exactly has that helped us kick on? Alexis is great but he's just one man, despite signing him we're arguably worse off as a team. I'm sure if we signed Messi and Ronaldo they would be negated by some stupid deficiencies elsewhere.

Yep totally agree. I am tired of these CL exits too...in fact I'd rather us not qualify or at least not with Wenger in charge.

We all know who is the problem and quite frankly we will not progress until he goes.

Last night was a watershed moment for me.

selassie
26-02-2015, 09:10 AM
One bad game (in a game where, by all accounts, there was a collective brainfart by all of them) and it's all this bollox.

Not brilliant, he's been playing well. He's a flat track bully, we paid 42million for him and he hides in big games!!!

He's not worth the investment and he unbalances the team IMO...

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2015, 09:25 AM
Ozil and Santi play the same role but Wenger doesn't have the balls to rotate them. We had no game plan last night, nobody knew where they were supposed to be playing, either that or they ignored instructions. Wenger saw that midfield fail against Palace but he went with it anyway because he didn't respect Monaco and assumed we could just outplay them. Because we couldn't control the middle we couldn't play our game. Wenger must have seen that too but he did nothing about it. Choreographers can have the most amazing visions but if they can't translate it to the dancers on the stage then everyone is getting booed come the end of the night. Wenger failed across the board. Again. On the big stage. It's what he does. He never learns.

Ollie the Optimist
26-02-2015, 09:39 AM
lets face it, no one is shocked by this result. big game in europe? we don't win those.

Ralpheroo72
26-02-2015, 09:42 AM

Not even close to his Real Madrid form, both for us, and ze Germans. You consider the outlay, we have not done well out of it. He was top class in 2010 World Cup, now he is coasting.

Özim
Monaco scored 4 goals in total in their entire qualifying group and generally can't buy a goal and yet they knocked in 3 against us away, time and time again we get found out in Europe, we've had an easy draw this season and yet somehow we almost managed to blow it, if we got byes all the way to the final and the other team didn't turn up I still wouldn't fancy us to win it with Wenger in charge, we'd probably knock in a couple of own goals to lose it.

Marc Overmars
Ozil and Santi play the same role but Wenger doesn't have the balls to rotate them. We had no game plan last night, nobody knew where they were supposed to be playing, either that or they ignored instructions. Wenger saw that midfield fail against Palace but he went with it anyway because he didn't respect Monaco and assumed we could just outplay them. Because we couldn't control the middle we couldn't play our game. Wenger must have seen that too but he did nothing about it. Choreographers can have the most amazing visions but if they can't translate it to the dancers on the stage then everyone is getting booed come the end of the night. Wenger failed across the board. Again. On the big stage. It's what he does. He never learns.

Unfortunately it will take injuries again for him to stumble upon a productive formula once more.

selassie

:gp:

Power n Glory
26-02-2015, 09:47 AM

'Brilliant', Letters? 'Brilliant'?

Marc Overmars
26-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Not even close to his Real Madrid form, both for us, and ze Germans. You consider the outlay, we have not done well out of it. He was top class in 2010 World Cup, now he is coasting.

Very rarely is he integral to anything we do. Doesn't seem to want the responsibility and lacks any sort of intensity to make a difference.

A luxury player we just can't afford. Not the guy for us, sell him while we can still get some big money and invest in a proper central midfielder.

Marc Overmars
26-02-2015, 09:53 AM

This is how far his stock has fallen. Just by not stinking the place out it is considered an improvement for Ozil.

Ollie the Optimist
26-02-2015, 09:58 AM
Monaco scored 4 goals in total in their entire qualifying group and generally can't buy a goal and yet they knocked in 3 against us away, time and time again we get found out in Europe, we've had an easy draw this season and yet somehow we almost managed to blow it, if we got byes all the way to the final and the other team didn't turn up I still wouldn't fancy us to win it with Wenger in charge, we'd probably knock in a couple of own goals to lose it.

talking bollocks again Zim. we didn't have an easy draw, however Monaco did

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2015, 10:01 AM
Wenger went on about suicidal defending - but why were our two CBs so high up the pitch on so many occasions and why were our fullbacks pressed on beyond the attacking wide men (who were often found wandering into the centre)? Were they instructed to do that? Or for some reason did they ignore instructions? Or was it the product of Wenger's free hand that allows players to "express themselves?" This is assuming there was a plan at all.

Whatever. Monaco had a plan and they executed it with discipline. Four of their preferred back six were missing FFS, but the replacements stuck to their jobs and played as a unit, bar the first few minutes when they were finding their feet. They are coached properly. We have the better players, they had the better team. That's down to the managers.

Letters
26-02-2015, 10:03 AM

The way he set up Santi for that chance on Saturday was pure quality, he's been getting plenty of goals and assists.
From what I've heard (mercifully I didn't see it) it was a bloody awful performance all round last night, I'm not sure why Ozil is being singled out when he's been playing so...ok, 'well' then, recently.

Power n Glory
26-02-2015, 10:12 AM
The way he set up Santi for that chance on Saturday was pure quality, he's been getting plenty of goals and assists.
From what I've heard (mercifully I didn't see it) it was a bloody awful performance all round last night, I'm not sure why Ozil is being singled out when he's been playing so...ok, 'well' then, recently.

It seems like he's getting singled out because characters like yourself jump on to the defence bandwagon and we get these silly exchanges about how he's been 'brilliant' when he hasn't. Flashes of class is different to really having a dominant performance in a massive game.

The sooner people accept how disappointing he's been, we can move on to other no shows from last night so it doesn't seem like he's getting singled out.

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2015, 10:14 AM

He was the most notable example of the players lacking fight once we went 2 goals down. He was static, wouldn't cover the spaces, lost the ball more times than not. He's a precision piece for a well drilled engine. When the engine is broken he's a useless cog that rattles around breaking other stuff. So it's not as simple as to just say he didn't play well. You have to look at the whole team. No point having marquee players if you can't get the basics right. 11 Cattermoles are better than 11 Ozils if the team can't pass, shoot, tackle, run, challenge.

Ozil and Santi in the centre of midfield. Only Wenger would do that. No other manager would contemplate it, especially twice in as many games. Once bitten, 763 times eager - that's Wenger.

Power n Glory
26-02-2015, 10:20 AM
I keep saying it, but it makes no sense to leave Rosicky out of the squad. Also, Walcott on the bench for Welbeck makes no sense. How long will it take Danny to get goals from the wide position? He hated the role at Utd so we draft him in under the guise that he's play as striker to shift him out wide in place of Walcott?

Theo has his own problems as a player at least you know when he gets going he can be counted on for goals. I don't know what we're doing with Welbeck.

Özim
26-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Henry and Souness were saying Wellbeck made it easy for them as he didn't stick to a wide position thus allowing the full backs to tuck in. At Barca Henry was told to stay on the line or he'd be watching the match from the bench, Wenger and the coaching staff seemingly had nothing to say about this.

Having said that as has been mentioned Wellbeck didn't want to play on the wing, that's why he left Man U, got to say though he's not been much cop since his move, as expected.

Letters
26-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Henry and Souness were saying Wellbeck made it easy for them as he didn't stick to a wide position thus allowing the full backs to tuck in. At Barca Henry was told to stay on the line or he'd be watching the match from the bench, Wenger and the coaching staff seemingly had nothing to say about this.

Having said that as has been mentioned Wellbeck didn't want to play on the wing, that's why he left Man U, got to say though he's not been much cop since his move, as expected.

He's been a bit disappointing. I think we all knew he's no Aguero but he's looked pretty sharp for England this season, there have been flashes of good play for Arsenal too but not enough.

AFC Leveller
26-02-2015, 10:46 AM
Wenger must go, its simple. How many years now that he's failed in the CL? 19 years and counting and he still has no clue what it takes to win it. We have played the very best and the very worst yet we always get found out because this man is clueless tactically and doesnt now what he is doing most of the time. Monaco outplayed us at our place, thats just unaccepatble.

Power n Glory
26-02-2015, 11:08 AM

I saw those post game comments and it's a problem we often have against organised teams. Playing too narrow.

Welbeck will soon start making noise about playing upfront.

selassie
26-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Wenger must go, its simple. How many years now that he's failed in the CL? 19 years and counting and he still has no clue what it takes to win it. We have played the very best and the very worst yet we always get found out because this man is clueless tactically and doesnt now what he is doing most of the time. Monaco outplayed us at our place, thats just unaccepatble.

Yep, and what makes it worse is they outplayed us with half of their youth team, they had 5 first team players out injured yesterday.

Wenger has to go at the end of the season IMO.

Munchies
26-02-2015, 11:16 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-xBjQRWkAAoNk5.jpg

Marc Overmars
26-02-2015, 11:23 AM
I don't think Welbeck has been that bad, he makes things happen with his hard work, pace and lovely smile. However as a goal hungry striker? Yeah I think we can see why he was maligned at United.

If we had a manager who knew what he was doing then Theo and Welbeck would be rotating.

Ralpheroo72
26-02-2015, 11:37 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-xBjQRWkAAoNk5.jpg

Do we need Opta stats?

AFC Leveller
26-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Theo Walcott was seemingly involved in an altercation with Arsenal supporters following his side's humiliating Champions League defeat by Monaco at the Emirates on Wednesday night.
After the final whistle the England international shared a tight embrace with Monaco defender Aymen Abdennour before swapping shirts with the Tunisia international.

The forward apparently responded by gesturing towards the Arsenal fans motioning with his hand to suggest the criticism did not affect him.
After such a shambolic display Walcott's reaction is likely to be received with further anger from the home faithful who booed their team off the pitch.
The Gunners were beaten 3-1 by the Ligue 1 side and now face a mammoth task to reach the last eight of the competition when they play the second leg in three weeks' time.

Munchies
26-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Do we need Opta stats?

not really, just highlighting the welbeck point zim was making

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2015, 12:34 PM
I don't think Welbeck has been that bad, he makes things happen with his hard work, pace and lovely smile. However as a goal hungry striker? Yeah I think we can see why he was maligned at United.

If we had a manager who knew what he was doing then Theo and Welbeck would be rotating.

Not just Theo and Welbeck, but several player combinations.

It's obvious Wenger has his favourites, probably because he trusts certain players over others. On AVERAGE, they repay that trust by delivering the coveted 4th place trophy every year. That's why Arteta will come straight back into the team when he is fit. And ON AVERAGE we'll do better with Arteta in the team. The problem comes in the key matches. Average just doesn't cut it.

My guess would be you have to jump on a culture early as a manager. If you put your foot down and let players know they are part of a squad and there is no such thing as a guaranteed start then rotation is an option. But if you make a rod for your own back by displaying favouritism or maybe even giving guarantees then you'll struggle to get the right team on the pitch for each game. Ferguson had the fucking do what you are told and shut your hole grip on his squad. Even Beckham got a smack when he stepped out of line. This seemed to waver towards the end though as that bitch Rooney clearly won concessions. Bad mistake. Utd have struggled ever since trying to accommodate that has-been lump.

I suppose you have to be prepared to lose the moaners for the sake of the team. We were losing players anyway during the eternal transition. That could have weakened Wenger's hand. Now the culture is in place and it has left us scratching our heads wondering why the fuck so-and-so is playing.

All pure speculation and gut feeling on my part. Something to do while we lament another abject outing on the grow-ups stage.

AFC Leveller
26-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Ozil was anonymous. When is he gonna produce real top quality performances for us? how long do we wait for him to settle in? Yesterday, he was hiding, he kept sulking everytime he gave the ball away amnd strolled through the game at hiw own pace.

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2015, 12:40 PM
not really, just highlighting the welbeck point zim was making

Those faint blobs on the touchline were all made in the first 5 minutes too, when he was effective. You can blame the player to a degree, but you still have to ask what the manager is for if he sits there and lets it happen. Welbeck had the beating of his man down the flank, we could have got some joy there. Either Wenger should have enforced the plan (I stress, IF there was a plan) or Theo should have been on earlier (or Ox).

Btw, Ox is carrying flak for losing the ball for the third goal. Fair enough. But he was being played in central midfield. That's down to Wenger again. Ox is not a central midfielder, at least no more than Jack is a holding midfielder. Or Chambers. These stupid experiments have to stop. Rosicky was fit. Jack is fit isn't he? These are proper central midfielders. Why not play them there?

Well, because you have to somehow shoehorn Ozil and Cazorla into the same team. Or so Wenger thinks.

selassie
26-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Ozil was anonymous. When is he gonna produce real top quality performances for us? how long do we wait for him to settle in? Yesterday, he was hiding, he kept sulking everytime he gave the ball away amnd strolled through the game at hiw own pace.

Yep, I personally don't believe Ozil will improve much under Wenger. I personally feel Ozil could do with a manager who gets on his back a bit and demands more, I get the impression he's "Wenger's" golden boy and could do no wrong.

Ozil has been here well over a season and hasn't produced in a BIG game, his performances have been flaky at best after a pretty decent start. He's not even a guaranteed starter in his favoured position, that tells us all we need to know about his performances here so far.

If Wenger is going to stick around then I hope we move Ozil on because he has no business being in this team and he has no business being given a free ride by Wenger. We should cut our losses and sell him and start building a balanced midfield/team, what's the point of trying to cram in a bunch of attacking midfielders into our team, it's crazy!

Niall_Quinn
26-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Wenger doesn't want to play balanced football. He wants to play Wengerball where individual players are given extended scope. If Ozil goes then an unsuitable replacement will come in.

selassie
26-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Wenger doesn't want to play balanced football. He wants to play Wengerball where individual players are given extended scope. If Ozil goes then an unsuitable replacement will come in.

Sad but true. :o

Bumble
26-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Maybe this is just part of a masterplan to get 4th position again which is the real goal after all. After the draw, they thought OMG we might actually get through to the quarters and that could distract the squad from the league, so how can we destroy that possibility but still retain confidence. So totally bollocks up the first leg then win 2-0 away to get a plucky defeat where Wenger can lament the away goal rule etc,but this performance gives confidence to the rest of the season as we scream into 4th place.

With regards Ozil, he has played in a very good Real side and a top notch German side. Playing in the Real side with Ronaldo up top would make you look a better player as your assists will sky rocket from his goal scoring. It needs to be him or Cazorla central.

I still like Welbeck he works hard and is a trier, prefer him to Giroud who I still don't really like (not sure why).

Dein-machine
27-02-2015, 09:58 AM

But this is the problem - we have debates on here where we're talking about certain players NOT being that bad. Their not THAT bad but there not top quality either. This is our problem. We have a 1st team virtually full of NOT BAD players but only a very small amount of top quality. Until we get a manager that addresses that balance we will continue to take 1 step forward & 2 steps back.

Bumble
27-02-2015, 12:16 PM
But this is the problem - we have debates on here where we're talking about certain players NOT being that bad. Their not THAT bad but there not top quality either. This is our problem. We have a 1st team virtually full of NOT BAD players but only a very small amount of top quality. Until we get a manager that addresses that balance we will continue to take 1 step forward & 2 steps back.
do Chelsea or City have 11 top quality players. no. you don't need a team full of top drawer players. You need a few quality players. The rest have to be good, but you need a team that is balanced and organised. our squad is pretty good on the whole. perhaps a replacement for merte and someone instead of coq and we are there. however, if you aren't organised then it doesn't matter what players you have ultimately when it matters most you will lose.

what I don't get sometimes is why Wenger and Bould just sit on the bench showing very little drive or enthusiasm. they just sit and watch. no getting to the touch line to yell instructions. nothing like that.

AFC Leveller
27-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Is it deluded of me to still think we can get a result over there? I know things looks shite right now and we have had it with wumger but this is Monaco and we can beat them over there.

Niall_Quinn
27-02-2015, 04:28 PM
Is it deluded of me to still think we can get a result over there? I know things looks shite right now and we have had it with wumger but this is Monaco and we can beat them over there.

Nope. We could get a result. All we have to do over there is what they did over here, outplay them and win 3-1.

But it's deluded of you to think we can do it with Wenger in charge.

Letters
27-02-2015, 04:35 PM

Oh I think we'll get a result over there, I'm guessing it'll be a heroic effort where we do something like win 2-0 over there and so still go out.

Niall_Quinn
27-02-2015, 04:45 PM
Oh I think we'll get a result over there, I'm guessing it'll be a heroic effort where we do something like win 2-0 over there and so still go out.

Do you think they'd have the nerve to try that one again? Is it even possible to be heroic in failure when up against Monaco? Isn't it just plain old bog standard failure when you lose to them?

Letters
27-02-2015, 04:48 PM
Do you think they'd have the nerve to try that one again?
Have you not been watching over the last few years? :lol:

fakeyank
27-02-2015, 05:06 PM

We will most likely win but go out in the tie.. just like how we went out against Milan and Bayern. And then you will have the bumbling idiot mouth the same team spirit bollocks. Our valiant effort + top 4 finish will buy him a 5 year contract and all will be well at Arsenal again.

adzzzbatch
27-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Urgh :ilt: