PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Liverpool (home).

McNamara That Ghost...
04-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Well done Arsenal.

Wenger. :lol:

Better luck next time.

alexander
04-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Listened on the radio, sounds like we played well. Good run we are on.

Niall_Quinn
04-04-2015, 01:41 PM
It was a genuine test.

We passed it and passed it well. Can't knock that.

But you can knock our (mis)manager.

He makes me sick with his negativity.

Ozil was supreme today, until the bumbling idiot took him off.

adzzzbatch
04-04-2015, 01:43 PM
:scarf: Lovely stuff!! :scarf:

Gooner23
04-04-2015, 01:44 PM
It was a genuine test.

Think he was struggling with a knock tbf. Would be an ultimate wum if he wasn't.

Great win and good performance for the most part. Sanchez back in the mood.

Xhaka Can’t
04-04-2015, 01:45 PM
We are so lucky Liverpool were poor.

Someone had to be MOTM so straws were drawn and it went to some guy called Alexi Sanchez.

LDG
04-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Ozil, stealing a living.

Scousers, stealing.

Maestro
04-04-2015, 01:47 PM
It was a genuine test.

This, great game and great performance. Probably the game I've enjoyed the most this season so far.

Arsene Wenger needs to get his head checked, and that's being very polite about it.

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-04-2015, 01:47 PM
You were good. We were shit.

Easy this analysis lark.

Master Splinter
04-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Maybe a bit churlish to want more after smashing a rival like that, but without WUMger's completely unnecessary negativity, we could have won that about 7-0, especially after the red card.

Ozil, Coquelin, Sanchez, Ramsey destroyed Liverpool in the first half.

Bellerin was brilliant too.

And Giroud is just doing everything right at the moment and looks so much more confident in areas he used to dawdle in.

And do not forget as well Monreal who has been outstanding.

All four goals were gorgeous.

Anthony Taylor was atrocious.

Brentan Rodgers :haha:.

Stevie Me :haha:.

Michael Owen :haha:.

Arsenal :bow: :bow:.

Xhaka Can’t
04-04-2015, 01:51 PM
I'm really pleased Bif got his goal to keep the streak running. I've been critical of him (not so much here) but he has really been consistent and is a key reason why we've gone on this run to 2nd place.

adzzzbatch
04-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Watching the BT full time chit chat, they are struggling to say anything positive about Arsenal :console:

Toronto Gooner
04-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Ozil, stealing a living.

Seriously? Just go back to the passage of play around 2:30 of the first half to see what he does and how well he does it. And that is irrespective of the goal.

Toronto Gooner
04-04-2015, 01:56 PM
Watching the BT full time chit chat, they are struggling to say anything positive about Arsenal :console:

I do not get the BT feed but I suspect that they are pissed that Arsenal did not stick to the script that the pundits wrote.

Xhaka Can’t
04-04-2015, 01:56 PM
Seriously? Just go back to the passage of play around 2:30 of the first half to see what he does and how well he does it. And that is irrespective of the goal.

I think one might have flown over your head there.

It happens to us all.

Xhaka Can’t
04-04-2015, 01:58 PM
I do not get the BT feed but I suspect that they are pissed that Arsenal did not stick to the script that the pundits wrote.

It is unreal.

Apparently there weren't many candidates for MOTM. If it wasn't for Mignolet, it would have been 0-1.

Niall_Quinn
Ozil, stealing a living.

Scousers, stealing.

I hear you. If we just stick with this message and shout it even louder when the glaring facts contradict us we can still drive this fucker out. He's not going to get away with signing for the wrong club - that's for sure.

adzzzbatch

Lucky you! BT are terrible!

Master Splinter
Sterling wasn't offside!

Bellerin should have been sent off!

What about all those Liverpool suspensions of their own making!

Xhaka Can’t
04-04-2015, 01:59 PM
What feed do Sportsnet get?

Niall_Quinn
04-04-2015, 02:00 PM
We've luckily scraped that 4-1. Thoroughly undeserved when you look at the made up facts.

Niall_Quinn
04-04-2015, 02:01 PM
Who was playing against poor old robbed Liverpool again? I can't remember.

Toronto Gooner
04-04-2015, 02:02 PM
I think one might have flown over your head there.

It happens to us all.

Apologies, the caffeine has not kicked in yet. :sleep:

Maestro
04-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Can I just say this again, I really enjoyed that game. Fantastic from the lads ...every single one of them.

Niall_Quinn
04-04-2015, 02:05 PM
Can I just say this again, I really enjoyed that game. Fantastic from the lads ...every single one of them.

Super performance in a match we had to win. Ozil showing why he's such an important player for us.

But the coverage :haha:

It's scandalous. The rugby commentators are the first to say something positive about Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
04-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Plus we played well and won in a 12:45 kick off :bow:

Miracles happen.

Toronto Gooner
04-04-2015, 02:07 PM
What feed do Sportsnet get?

We get the BT feed for the match but the half-time and post-match stuff is not broadcast. We either get boring historical B.S. of Man U or Liverpool matches, or we get Canadian commentators, Craig Forrest is the only one who is anywhere close to knowledgeable on football.

Niall_Quinn
04-04-2015, 02:08 PM
but the half-time and post-match stuff is not broadcast.

Bliss.

The Emirates Gallactico
04-04-2015, 02:12 PM
A bit shaky defensively and had S£terling put away the chance early on then things could have been different.

But still, you can't really moan about a 4 - 1 win against a team of Liverpool's calibre.

Wenger :bow::bow:

Ozil :bow::bow:

Niall_Quinn
04-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Protests about ticket prices before and during the game. Apparently a joint Arsenal/ Liverpool fans effort.

Good question. £5billion for the fat cats. ??? for the fans.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/04/13/274717DD00000578-3025492-image-a-20_1428149167967.jpg

The Emirates Gallactico
04-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Plus we played well and won in a 12:45 kick off :bow:

Miracles happen.

It's the away 12:45 kick offs that we have a problem with NQ.

We usually do well in the home ones.

Niall_Quinn
04-04-2015, 02:16 PM
It's the away 12:45 kick offs that we have a problem with NQ.

We usually do well in the home ones.

Just let me enjoy this will you?

topgun
04-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Super performance in a match we had to win. Ozil showing why he's such an important player for us.

But the coverage :haha:

It's scandalous. The rugby commentators are the first to say something positive about Arsenal.

The post match stuff was a disgrace all they spoke about was poor old Liverpool no credit given to Arsenal at all,and a certain Arsenal favorite was part of it .Then Rogers has the neck to say apart from the first ten minutes they dominated the rest of the first half.

Toronto Gooner
04-04-2015, 02:26 PM
Protests about ticket prices before and during the game. Apparently a joint Arsenal/ Liverpool fans effort.

Good question. £5billion for the fat cats. ??? for the fans.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/04/13/274717DD00000578-3025492-image-a-20_1428149167967.jpg

That is pricey but spare a thought for anyone who is a Toronto Maple Leaf fan (NHL). The team has not won the Stanley Cup (the title equivalent) since 1967. The average ticket price is £75.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2014/11/05/toronto_maple_leafs_still_most_expensive_team_to_s ee_in_the_nhl.html

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
04-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Just let me enjoy this will you?

:d :lol:

Up the Arse!

I did feel the first half could have been very different and Liverpool completely ripped our backline in two a couple of times with both Koscielny and Merts getting totally caught out. Fortunately we didn't set that as a precedent for the rest of the game and Bellerin did brilliantly to give us the lead.

We should have beaten them the first time we played them this season and we will probably have to beat them again.

Marc Overmars
04-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Well that was bloody good. Think I've lost my voice after that 8 minute blitz.

Superb goals today.

7 on the bounce. Brilliant. :scarf:

Toronto Gooner
04-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Bliss.

Having just read that that moron Michael Owen believes that Sterling is better than Ozil and Welbeck, I echo the bliss feeling.

Xhaka Can’t
04-04-2015, 03:04 PM
The post match stuff was a disgrace all they spoke about was poor old Liverpool no credit given to Arsenal at all,and a certain Arsenal favorite was part of it .Then Rogers has the neck to say apart from the first ten minutes they dominated the rest of the first half.

Give Rogers his dues, Mignolet had a fair amount of possession picking the ball out of the back of his net.

Xhaka Can’t
04-04-2015, 03:06 PM
That is pricey but spare a thought for anyone who is a Toronto Maple Leaf fan (NHL). The team has not won the Stanley Cup (the title equivalent) since 1967. The average ticket price is £75.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2014/11/05/toronto_maple_leafs_still_most_expensive_team_to_s ee_in_the_nhl.html

I read that they failed to sell out against Florida and Minnesota.

Marc Overmars
04-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Liverpool. :lol:

Though I'll refrain from laughing too hard while they're still in the cup.

Toronto Gooner
04-04-2015, 03:21 PM
I read that they failed to sell out against Florida and Minnesota.

Very true. For the first time in 13 years, they failed to sell out a home game!!!!!!!!!!! And it was the lowest attendance in 16 years. In those 13 years, the Leafs have been in the playoffs once and lost in the first round that time.

The Emirates Gallactico
04-04-2015, 03:24 PM
what's up with Chensey btw? Didn't even make the bench today.

Xhaka Can’t
04-04-2015, 03:24 PM
I couldn't believe how bad they were against Calgary last month.Some people have accused them of tanking for a better shot at McDavid but there is definitely more to it than that. I bet Carlyle is laughing his tits off right now.

Maestro
04-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Liverpool. :lol:

Though I'll refrain from laughing too hard while they're still in the cup.

Even with a fully fit non-suspended team Liverpool are not a patch on our team. We have serious world class quality in Sanchez, Ozil, Carzola and Kos, with a decent supporting cast. What real quality players do Liverpool have? They should be fearing us and not the other way round, our downfall is usually down to poor tactics, motivation, team selection etc ...all management issues. We are a better team than them, period. The real fear is our manager and what he may do next at any given moment.

Niall_Quinn
04-04-2015, 03:30 PM
what's up with Chensey btw? Didn't even make the bench today.

He has a minor injury.

Toronto Gooner
04-04-2015, 03:34 PM
I couldn't believe how bad they were against Calgary last month.Some people have accused them of tanking for a better shot at McDavid but there is definitely more to it than that. I bet Carlyle is laughing his tits off right now.

They are just bad. However, I do believe that there is some truth to the desire to get McDavid.

Marc Overmars
04-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Even with a fully fit non-suspended team Liverpool are not a patch on our team. We have serious world class quality in Sanchez, Ozil, Carzola and Kos, with a decent supporting cast. What real quality players do Liverpool have? They should be fearing us and not the other way round, our downfall is usually down to poor tactics, motivation, team selection etc ...all management issues. We are a better team than them, period. The real fear is our manager and what he may do next at any given moment.

Certainly don't fear them as a team, but in a possible cup final, god knows what could happen. 2001 still makes me sick.

Niall_Quinn
04-04-2015, 03:47 PM
Certainly don't fear them as a team, but in a possible cup final, god knows what could happen. 2001 still makes me sick.

Bad memories. But Hypia was excellent in goal that day, kept them in it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-04-2015, 04:10 PM
I'm becoming consumed by hatred for Anthony Taylor

To borrow an Antipodean phrase, what a shit house

Great atmosphere at the game, despite sloppy period in first half, a wonderful performance of both flair and discipline. All four goals absolutely cracking.
Who says we can't perform well on 12:45 Saturday kick offs

Niall_Quinn
04-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Who says we can't perform well on 12:45 Saturday kick offs

I fear you have unwittingly stumbled into a thing with that comment.

Injury Time
04-04-2015, 04:31 PM
First the negatives:
The ref was just :wacko: and a meaningless red card to try and balance it.
Welbeck, he get in the right positions, but glad we aren't relying in him for goals.
Santi long ball passing in the first half :blink:
Razzle dazzle flicky Rambo :banghead:, stop it :angry:
Kos injured? He went straight down the tunnel
Theo :rose:

The positives:
Sterling :pal:
Genuine team effort, enjoyed the effort in recovering a lost ball
Coq 2% away from domination
BFG got his mojo back
Hector :bow: (I did not zee the penalty incident properly, it looked soft from the other end of pitch)
Özil I think he might make the first team regular one day if he keeps it up (I loved the free kick but also Giroud was busting a gut to get there for any rebound)
Sanchez we need to keep him going back for altitude matches, seemed fresher than before internationals
Monreal other than the odd brain fart
Giroud gave it his all, chasing down at 3 up :bow: and took his chance nicely

Difficult to pick a MoTM we so poor, I guess it was Stevie "So Solid 20 seconds to go" Me :bow:

I enjoyed that

ETA Hansen, Lawro, Owen :pal:

Power n Glory
04-04-2015, 05:24 PM
That Sanchez goal was a thing of beauty. From the build up, the touch from Ramsey to create the space and that touch from Sanchez to set up
that belting shot!

Really enjoyed that game. Some really good performances and moments. Ozil, Sanchez, Cazorla, Giroud, Coquelin, Bellerin.....everyone played well and we showed touches of class from the kick off. Started in the right tempo and we could have scored much earlier.

Liverpool played their way back into the game after a shaky first 20-30 mins. Overall it was a good game to watch. Wenger went defensive but I can't really knock him if it's working and we keep our concentration.

The players are playing like they have a shot at the title. It will be an interesting end to the season. We may finish this one up strong for once and push Chelsea to exceed our performances to win the title instead of us just fading away.

Globalgunner
04-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Is there a technical explanation why we can only play in 15 min spurts. Completely flaccid for the middle 3rd of the 1st half but bionic for the other 2.

fakeyank
04-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Second game at Vegas that was early in the morning and we played great football.. I need to move here

Xhaka Can’t
04-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Second game at Vegas that was early in the morning and we played great football.. I need to move here

Its no coincidence that Vegas is further away.

Letters
04-04-2015, 05:43 PM

Anything that takes you further from The Emirates :good:

Letters
04-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Its no coincidence that Vegas is further away.

<_< bother

GP
04-04-2015, 05:55 PM

Get your ass to Mars.

Injury Time
04-04-2015, 10:30 PM
Get your ass to Mars.

Arsenal have donated the transfer fund to make it happen :good:

Munchies
04-04-2015, 10:40 PM
Deluded Scouse commentator on the Arsenal game:

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/rawk-goes-into-meltdown-2014-2015-the-we-go-again-edition.393346/page-200#post-17320808

:lol:

AFC Leveller
04-04-2015, 10:51 PM
4 top class goals, solid performance and another win against a direct rival.

Ozil these days is a joy, looks like his old real madrid self and he bags an assist or a goal nearly every game now.

Some beautiful play as well and a fully deserved win unless you are a BT sports pundit.

The Emirates Gallactico
05-04-2015, 03:52 AM
Dunno why Wenger's getting stick for going defensive when we were three goals up. It was the sensible and correct thing to do.

Had we stupidly gone gung-ho to knock in as many as we could in some sort of ridiculous revenge mission for the drubbing last year and been caught on the break we all would have been slating Wenger on here and criticising the naivety of the team. I still have nightmares of that 4 - 4 years ago when Bentley scored that last minute equaliser ....... I'd like to think we're a lot more professional than that these days.

Frankly outside of the penalty they scored, Ospina was barely tested at all in the second half. They didn't create much and that was partly due to the how Wenger changed the setup to consolidate the win.

Bumble
05-04-2015, 08:22 AM
They had two sitters which they messed up but otherwise we dominated. Performances like that make it all the more frustrating the Monaco effort.

Now we have to perform like that against Chelsea. I would rather us beat Chelsea and finish 3rd than lose but finish 2nd. 2nd or 3rd makes no difference but I think we need to beat Chelsea and mourinho for psychology. Now we can do it and believe we can beat them over a season for next year.

Marc Overmars
05-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Most critical game we need to win is the next one at Burnley. It's the Manc derby next weekend and also Chelsea-United on cup semi final weekend. 3 points for us and we can relax knowing our rivals will be dropping points before we next play in the league, which is the Chelsea game.

LDG
05-04-2015, 10:07 AM
:haha: :haha:

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/538498/116404

What a knob Owen is.

adzzzbatch
05-04-2015, 11:36 AM

What a knob Owen is.

"Better than Ozil" :haha: :haha: :haha:

Niall_Quinn
05-04-2015, 11:43 AM

What a knob Owen is.

The way Sterling controlled the game yesterday and when you compare that to Ozil's anaonymous performance, you have to say Sterling really is better. In the real world. Not just in the world that gurgles around Michael 'Steve Davis' Owen's optional 256K Brain add-on pack.

Niall_Quinn
05-04-2015, 11:55 AM
The Daily Mail had to give Ozil the top rating. That must have hurt. I suppose the only consolation for them is they managed to mark him at 7.5/10. One of the best midfield performances you'll see all year as a central part to a 4-1 drubbing of a rival in a hugely important match and our top mark comes out at 7.5. We had 10 shots on target to their 1, btw.

So it was a really close match that hinged on their keeper. If you set aside the fact he saved them from and even bigger hiding, he cost them the win yesterday. In summary, where did it go wrong for Liverpool and can anyone remember who they were playing?

Meanwhile Ashley Young rated 7.5 and Ander Herrera 8.5. So Ozil really wasn't that great after all.

AzzzzaaaAAAAHHHHHHHH! (missed it :doh: ) had an off day and was only rated 8.5.

Xhaka Can’t
05-04-2015, 01:41 PM

What a knob Owen is.

Concave mate.

Concave.

With crabs.

From sheep.

Male sheep.

Injury Time
05-04-2015, 04:46 PM
The way Sterling controlled the game yesterday and when you compare that to Ozil's anaonymous performance, you have to say Sterling really is better. In the real world. Not just in the world that gurgles around Michael 'Steve Davis' Owen's optional 256K Brain add-on pack.

Anaonymous ftw :scarf:

adzzzbatch
05-04-2015, 05:02 PM
Anaonymous ftw :scarf:

I'll be happy with Anaonymous performances like that until then end of the season.

Letters
06-04-2015, 02:10 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/05/unlucky-liverpool-fan-has-to-cut-penis-off-after-mesut-ozil-arsenal-bet-goes-badly-wrong-5136147/?fb_ref=Default

:pal:

Niall_Quinn
06-04-2015, 02:56 PM
https://twitter.com/NabardWaissi/status/584359740345581568/video/1

Xhaka Can’t
06-04-2015, 05:51 PM
It sure feels good being on the right end of a spanking against one of the big teams.

Niall_Quinn
07-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Attention grabbing shit stain Michael Owen is still sore as fuck.
http://www.sportlobster.com/post/547487/it-seems-my-claim-that-sterlin.html

adzzzbatch
07-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Attention grabbing shit stain Michael Owen is still sore as fuck.
http://www.sportlobster.com/post/547487/it-seems-my-claim-that-sterlin.html

Awwww bless him :console:

CUNT!

The Emirates Gallactico
07-04-2015, 05:56 PM
I mean even the most hardened and biased Rawkite wouldn't say such rubbish. Sterling better than Ozil .......? One's a world cup winner and the other has more kids than he has international goals. The mind boggles.

Piers Morgan is a cunt but I sure did enjoy him putting him in his place on BT sport after that.

GP
07-04-2015, 08:25 PM
A working class hero is something to be.

A Gunner
08-04-2015, 12:55 AM
I mean even the most hardened and biased Rawkite wouldn't say such rubbish. Sterling better than Ozil .......? One's a world cup winner and the other has more kids than he has international goals. The mind boggles.

Piers Morgan is a cunt but I sure did enjoy him putting him in his place on BT sport after that.

I saw that on BT Sports post analysis, first Owen actually couldn't even remember Ozil's name, he just called him "him", then had to be reminded by Savage and after he said it, the conversation carried on, Savage had to take it back and ask to re-confirm what he just said. "Wait, so you are saying Sterling is better than Ozil?"

Niall_Quinn
08-04-2015, 02:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TklQzZ1JQe0