PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction Arsenal 0-0 Anti-Football Scum

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Wenger is a coward.

fakeyank
26-04-2015, 04:59 PM
What did Wenger do differently? Not. A. Thing.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:02 PM
What did Wenger do differently? Not. A. Thing.

Exactly. Which is why we need to get rid of him. We were by far the superior team today but we couldn't take advantage of that fact because we have an idiot at the helm. So many reasons can be used to qualify that, but we've heard them all before.

Munchies
26-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Cesc sub

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDiG4nKWgAAjbi6.jpg

legend lol

others clapping :blink:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Big Man MotM. :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-04-2015, 05:07 PM
"They've done their entertainment". :haha:

Marc Overmars
26-04-2015, 05:07 PM
An incredibly predictable game and result.

Oh well, given United lost we're a point better off at least.

On we go.

adzzzbatch
26-04-2015, 05:08 PM
Fuck it! I think we should've beaten them today.

It was a Carbon copy of the game before Christmas last season.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:08 PM
Big Man MotM. :haha:

Yeah, because today negative football is great. Tomorrow, when somebody else does it, it won't be so good. Did you know, poor old unlucky Utd had more possession today even though they were hammered? Possession was important earlier in the day. Now, not so much. Being able to change 180 degrees in one Sunday is what makes the Sky pundits so great.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:09 PM
Cesc sub

legend lol

You could rape those clappers up the arse and provided you assured them you were doing it for their own good they'd clap you.

Master Splinter
26-04-2015, 05:11 PM
Small team stopped football team playing with assistance from referee and Satan.

Can't blame the plucky underdogs with no resources or advantages to run the risk of sport breaking out so as not to expose them.

Coquelin, Ramsey, Ozil were good.

Oliver just terrible.

Detestable conglomeration of vermin as scummy as ever.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:12 PM
"Two old boys" - Souness gives away the game without realising.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Let's watch for the rest of the season to see if those types of GK challenges result in a pen and red card. They won't. That's because it wasn't a pen.

The real story here is the chavs playing Oscar when he had concussion. He didn't, btw. It's made up bullshit. But if they want to go with that then that's where the real penalty should occur.

Maestro
26-04-2015, 05:17 PM

carbon copy of 99% of the games against mourinho's chelsea, and wenget still ain't sussed it out yet

Ernesto
26-04-2015, 05:18 PM

It was a smidgen different from the game in December 2013 in that in that we were very negative in that game. Sczezny didn't once boot the ball out from a goal kick and he'd only throw the ball out to the nearest defender. This was clearly under the direction from our manager.
Today, we had a little more enterprise and we were willing to take more risks but, the proof is in the pudding, we had one, solitary, tame shot on target.

Not only do we now have to get the monkey of Wenger not having beaten Mourinho off our backs now but also the goalless games we've had against them for the best part of 2 and a half years. Great :rolleyes:

It's a shame we've dropped points against the worst Chelsea side in ten years. I tend to think that the best chance we ever have of beating them is at their ground with a resolute defensive display from ourselves. Gives us that marginal advantage in picking them off. Easier said than done.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Get real Per - title is gone, you have to overcome the likes of the chavs and Oliver of you want to win titles. You didn't. Doesn't matter how corrupt it all is, when you have the better players and the better teams and even if you have an absolute idiot in charge it is still there to win. You didn't. Nowhere, not even with a million miles, good enough.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:22 PM
It was a smidgen different from the game in December 2013 in that in that we were very negative in that game. Sczezny didn't once boot the ball out from a goal kick and he'd only throw the ball out to the nearest defender. This was clearly under the direction from our manager.
Today, we had a little more enterprise and we were willing to take more risks but, the proof is in the pudding, we had one, solitary, tame shot on target.

Not only do we now have to get the monkey of Wenger not having beaten Mourinho off our backs now but also the goalless games we've had against them for the best part of 2 and a half years. Great :rolleyes:

It's a shame we've dropped points against the worst Chelsea side in ten years. I tend to think that the best chance we ever have of beating them is at their ground with a resolute defensive display from ourselves. Gives us that marginal advantage in picking them off. Easier said than done.

The real monkey we have to get off our back is Wenger.

When we have Bif on the pitch we play centrally against the best defence in the league (who also have the ref) so he is isolated. When he has the chance to make a sub he takes Bif off and plays Welbeck centrally. THEN we start going wide and crossing the ball.

Only a moron would figure a game plan like that. Exactly opposite to what was required. Exactly opposite.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:24 PM
How are they going to cover up the fact their champions are a running joke?

John Terry the vile scumbag. That's all they have. That's the story.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2015, 05:26 PM
carbon copy of 99% of the games against mourinho's chelsea, and wenget still ain't sussed it out yet

Problem is when Mourinho decides he doesn't want to get beat he doesn't.
If you look at City, United and Liverpools record against him it's not greatly better than ours.
End of the day after our watery diarroeah display against Reading I'd have snapped your hand off for a point.

I just wanted to edit this to be clear this is not a defending Wenger post, nothing to defend its abundantly clear he sets his side out to facilitate playing who he considers are his best players rather than which side is the best one to put out to thwart his oponents. Also his substitutions are diabolical both tactically and in terms of timing, the crusty old frog is so stubborn you can bet he was given ECT in order to develop a game plan against City and United.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:26 PM
Sky is trying to reignite the "campaign"

All our players got booked before kickoff. None of their were booked until they started using firearms.

The campaign is obviously in full swing.

Poor old Sky. Cunts. Wouldn't it be terrible if they all died?

Ernesto
26-04-2015, 05:28 PM
Best Arsenal highlight was seeing George Graham in the crowd.

It's a shame to see punditry like that ousted by the dour sourpuss that is Souness.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:29 PM
Problem is when Mourinho decides he doesn't want to get beat he doesn't.
If you look at City, United and Liverpools record against him it's not greatly better than ours.
End of the day after our watery diarroeah display against Reading I'd have snapped your hand off for a point.

That display against Reading was fine because we won. The performance is irrelevant. Limply slinking out of the title challenge having been slaughtered on points is not worth considering. If we win the FA Cup we can wave it at the chavs and they'll be real jealous. Really they will. The FA Cup is everything, but some realists refuse to accept the fact.

You keep going on about performances and tactics and continuity and shit like that, but it;s the result that counts when you scrape a win against Reading. It shows progress.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Are they trying to convince themselves it doesn't come down to having eight behind the ball?

AFC Leveller
26-04-2015, 05:30 PM
predictable match, predictable result. wenger hasnt sussed out maureen yet, he still plays the same tippy tappy slow as my nan shit and expects different results.

3rd behind city on GD but we have a game in hand so not bad.

2nd and the Cup would be decent.

Marc Overmars
26-04-2015, 05:31 PM
On the plus side, as long as we win the next 2 against Hull and Swansea, then we won't need to win at Old Trafford to keep the 2nd place trophy in our hands.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:31 PM

No

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:34 PM
Wenger admits we "produced the performance that was expected."

He needs to be sacked. Didn't think I would ever say that but he won't go otherwise.

Power n Glory
26-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Boring game but 2nd half was different from the first. For once, Chelsea held the ball a bit better and had a run of possession. That was our chance to try and hit them on the counter.

No idea why Giroud came off for Walcott. Poor decision and I'm really not a fan of Welbeck. That one chance he had in the box where he just misses the ball sums him up.

Expected us to lose or draw so no surprises. Glad we didn't go full pelt and lose against Chelsea because they're best moments came when they countered.

Penguin
26-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Typical Wenger performance - slow, predictable, boring. Fucking make Courtois make a save. Pass faster, take a long shot, try something different, do anything. You can't finish the game with one shot on target.

I know Chelsea parked the bus but it never felt like we were going to score. Wenger has no answer tactically.

Globalgunner
Games like this should make the few who havent yet sussed it that we willnever win big things under Wenger. He simply cant find a way to win these games. It wouldnt have mattered in the overall realm of things because next season Chelsea wont be any different. We wont be any different. We will be lamenting the same shit again next year no doubt. Well played the lads though, handicapped by the manager. Unfortunately they will be handicapped again next August.

Niall_Quinn
Wenger says we lacked a little bit expression in the final third.

What the fuck does that even mean?

Does it mean we lacked tactics against the best defence in the league? Whose fault is that then?

McNamara That Ghost...
26-04-2015, 05:38 PM
Henry having a pop at Özil, not sure why.

Power n Glory
26-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Henry isn't holding back on what we need to do as a club.

Power n Glory
26-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Henry having a pop at Özil, not sure why.

Because his record against the top teams isn't fantastic and he said he could say the same about a lot of the players. Giroud is one example as Jamie is saying.

Ozil was ok today. Tidy and didn't really put a foot wrong. Chelsea are just difficult to play against. But we really do need someone to really have the game of their lives if we're going to beat Chelsea.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Henry isn't holding back on what we need to do as a club.

Why would he to be fair, on one hand he isn't bound to us by anything other than emotion and second of all he's a pundit for Sky therefore it's his job to eviscerate us.
Those of us with long memories can remember even in the unbeaten season, the constantly recycled phrase of "Arsenal don't like it up them" and Andy Gray trashing us for our lack of "headed goals" because he seemed to believe they were the only goals that had any merit because those were the kind he used to score. And then they re-write history by comparing us negatively to the Arsenal of back then which had strength and character (something they were quick to dismiss at the time).
To sum it up Fuck Sky Sports.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:43 PM
They're laying into Bif on Sky.

Nobody could have prospered being isolated like that. If you play in front of the best defence in the league then what does it matter who is playing up front?

They FIRST time we played in a way we could breach that defence was after we had taken Giroud off.

The pundits are too afraid to call Wenger out.

Penguin
26-04-2015, 05:45 PM
No idea why Giroud came off for Walcott. Poor decision and I'm really not a fan of Welbeck. That one chance he had in the box where he just misses the ball sums him up.

I need a look at it again but I think the ball went behind Welbeck, but Ozil definitely should have scored it. He just needed to touch it and it was in. If you can't create chances you have to be clinical. I counted 3 half chances along with that full chance and we wasted all of them.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:50 PM
Just to correct Thierry, who is only doing what it takes to be a pundit - lying - Ozil was easily, easily, the best player on the pitch. It was Santi who didn't step up today. In the gypo match Santi was the key. Even though he was in that crazy role that only Wenger could dream up he was all over the place linking the play, chasing, winning the ball, making sure the play was constantly in the opponent half and they had no respite. He was mastered by Matic and Ramires today. No criticism intended because, fuck me isn't this obvious, Santi is not a combative central midfielder. That's the position we lack, somebody to compliment Wenger's lucky Coquelin find.

But this does mean Wenger has to make a choice. Ozil or Santi. Wenger will never make that choice, he'd rather shoehorn both. A manager with a sense of proper squad rotation could prosper in that situation. We have a daddy who wants to do the right thing by his kids.

Power n Glory
26-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Why would he to be fair, on one hand he isn't bound to us by anything other than emotion and second of all he's a pundit for Sky therefore it's his job to eviscerate us.
Those of us with long memories can remember even in the unbeaten season, the constantly recycled phrase of "Arsenal don't like it up them" and Andy Gray trashing us for our lack of "headed goals" because he seemed to believe they were the only goals that had any merit because those were the kind he used to score. And then they re-write history by comparing us negatively to the Arsenal of back then which had strength and character (something they were quick to dismiss at the time).
To sum it up Fuck Sky Sports.

Woukd you say there isn't a hint of truth to what Henry has just said?

Munchies
26-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Q: What about Arsenal fans 'Boring, boring Chelsea' chants?

Mourinho: I think ten years without the title, that's boring'

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceIndy/status/592383216620838912

cunt

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:52 PM

He's being a half pundit. Some of the things he says are true. Others are expected. Next year he'll be full pundit. Give him a chance to tranform from knowing something about football to knowing fuck all.

Power n Glory
26-04-2015, 05:53 PM
Just to correct Thierry, who is only doing what it takes to be a pundit - lying - Ozil was easily, easily, the best player on the pitch. It was Santi who didn't step up today. In the gypo match Santi was the key. Even though he was in that crazy role that only Wenger could dream up he was all over the place linking the play, chasing, winning the ball, making sure the play was constantly in the opponent half and they had no respite. He was mastered by Matic and Ramires today. No criticism intended because, fuck me isn't this obvious, Santi is not a combative central midfielder. That's the position we lack, somebody to compliment Wenger's lucky Coquelin find.

But this does mean Wenger has to make a choice. Ozil or Santi. Wenger will never make that choice, he'd rather shoehorn both. A manager with a sense of proper squad rotation could prosper in that situation. We have a daddy who wants to do the right thing by his kids.

It's a nil nil draw and Ozil is the best player on the pitch? How?

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Q: What about Arsenal fans 'Boring, boring Chelsea' chants?

Mourinho: I think ten years without the title, that's boring'

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceIndy/status/592383216620838912

cunt

We hate him, he's a cunt. But he has a point here. We can call the, whatever names we want but they'll be crowned champions in a couple of weeks. Our league is so childish we can accept teams like the chavs winning it. But in the record books it still counts. Cunts like Wallace are always going to to be licking furiously at the most gaping anus. It's where the action is in a money driven, football nowhere league.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2015, 05:55 PM

Whether it's true or not is irrelevant, the point i am making is that Sky Sports have an anti Arsenal agenda and a broken clock is right twice a day

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 05:58 PM
It's a nil nil draw and Ozil is the best player on the pitch? How?

Because he never lost the ball, must have had close on 100% pass completion, always played it forwards, always moved into space to look for the return and so on. I'm talking over 90 minutes, not the one minute where somebody flukes it and becomes MOTM.

And he was a cut above in sheer talent. Twice the player Hazard is. All you have to do is believe your won eyes instead of licking a media arsehole.

Letters
26-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Pretty much. It's better than most expected at the start of the season, certainly better than we expected after 12 league games when we were floundering. Mourinho is an expert bus Parker in games like this, people are saying Wenger hasn't figured him out but no one else has this season either. They've lost 2 freak away games but that's it. When Chelsea go away to a big team they go for a point and they usually get one.
Fairly content with the result, a win would have been nice but it keeps us in good shape for 2nd place. Get that and finish the job in the cup then it will have been a good season.

Power n Glory
26-04-2015, 05:59 PM
He's being a half pundit. Some of the things he says are true. Others are expected. Next year he'll be full pundit. Give him a chance to tranform from knowing something about football to knowing fuck all.

Just a few moments ago you said Wenger needed to be sacked. Henry hasn't said anything that hasn't been said by fans on here or you for that matter. You've said yourself that our current players have nothing on the Invincibles and the term 'world class' is overused for some of the modern players we see.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2015, 06:01 PM
Because he never lost the ball, must have had close on 100% pass completion, always played it forwards, always moved into space to look for the return and so on. I'm talking over 90 minutes, not the one minute where somebody flukes it and becomes MOTM.

And he was a cut above in sheer talent. Twice the player Hazard is. All you have to do is believe your won eyes instead of licking a media arsehole.

Kind of rubs salt in the wound a bit though, reinforces the fact that if we had a decent out and out striker we would have been able to capatalise on Ozil's play. I have no issue with Giroud, i think he's performed fantastically since returning in November but the fact is he isn't good enough for the top level.

Power n Glory
26-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Whether it's true or not is irrelevant, the point i am making is that Sky Sports have an anti Arsenal agenda and a broken clock is right twice a day

Henry is anti Arsenal? Check yourself. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 06:02 PM

There's no doubt about it and it's a weird one. They love Wenger for finally bringing English football into the modern era. But they hate him because he's not English. You can see their dilemma.

What is racism[...]?

Sowing sly seeds over 20 years?

What is the most effective form of racism? Would it be racist to just assume England is superior and then go to any lengths to concoct the proof?

It's love/ hate. They don't hate us totally.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Pretty much. It's better than most expected at the start of the season, certainly better than we expected after 12 league games when we were floundering. Mourinho is an expert bus Parker in games like this, people are saying Wenger hasn't figured him out but no one else has this season either. They've lost 2 freak away games but that's it. When Chelsea go away to a big team they go for a point and they usually get one.
Fairly content with the result, a win would have been nice but it keeps us in good shape for 2nd place. Get that and finish the job in the cup then it will have been a good season.

Pretty much no. How is losing decent FFS!

Some Arsenal fans need to get a grip.

Marc Overmars
26-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Might be up to Liverpool to give this rancid lot a guard of honour. :lol:

Power n Glory
26-04-2015, 06:06 PM

Rose tinted. With that sort of game, he's not man of the match because it wasn't effective.

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Might be up to Liverpool to give this rancid lot a guard of honour. :lol:

If they beat Leciester they'll be 13 points ahead with 4 games to go, so Palace will have to do it.....

.... COME ON CHELSEA!

Niall_Quinn
Kind of rubs salt in the wound a bit though, reinforces the fact that if we had a decent out and out striker we would have been able to capatalise on Ozil's play. I have no issue with Giroud, i think he's performed fantastically since returning in November but the fact is he isn't good enough for the top level.

Whisper it softly but he's not top level. Everyone knows it.

Nevertheless, he's an incredible trier and has improved season after season. He's easily as good as Costa and the latter is bigged up as the next Dixie Dean FFS! We have a Costa, not a Henry. Can we make that work? Only if we have decent players around him - which we do - and a decent manager picking the team and the tactics - oops.

Power n Glory
There's no doubt about it and it's a weird one. They love Wenger for finally bringing English football into the modern era. But they hate him because he's not English. You can see their dilemma.

What is racism[...]?

Sowing sly seeds over 20 years?

What is the most effective form of racism? Would it be racist to just assume England is superior and then go to any lengths to concoct the proof?

It's love/ hate. They don't hate us totally.

NQ, I've told you about slanging that word around to make cheap points. Check yourself.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
The media is largely biased towards Liverpool and Manchester United it has for years been a North Western Cabal

I don't think Chelsea are as adored in the media as their Manager is, you compare the 2005 Champions League victory for Liverpool with the 2012 Champions League for Chelsea (both equally nauseating for me) but the reaction in the print media especially in 2005 was comparable to England winning the world cup, it was the same in 1999 when Man United beat Bayern Munich (wasn't repeated so much in 2008 as they had beaten Chelsea and the media couldn't be seen to be playing favourites quite so abundantly). But in 2012, it was much more muted but i cannot believe for a second it would have been so had that diminutive portugese sociopath had been in charge.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Rose tinted. With that sort of game, he's not man of the match because it wasn't effective.

Piss off PnG. You;re always ready to present the other fucker's point of view. Who gives a fuck about the other fucker? Just be a fan for 5 mins.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2015, 06:10 PM
NQ, I've told you about slanging that word around to make cheap points. Check yourself.

I had no idea you were a Mod

And you do realise he's going to play the censorship card now...you'd have been better served letting it slip under the radar

Japan Shaking All Over
26-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Cesc sub

legend lol

Is that Ollie?

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 06:13 PM
Piss off PnG. You;re always ready to present the other fucker's point of view. Who gives a fuck about the other fucker? Just be a fan for 5 mins.

I say that in the most honest way. I also struggle with trying to be objective, almost to the point where I become biased for the other fucker's point of view. Not in football, of course, but in other things. Fuck that. When it comes to the chavs just look at what they are. Can you accept that in any way? If you can then we can't communicate. Then you compare that to Arsenal and of course, it's obvious, we are better in every way. How can you deny it?

Power n Glory
26-04-2015, 06:14 PM

How is Theirry Henry the 'other fucker''! :lol:

You just said Wenger needed to be sacked after that performance and I'm the one that needs to be a fan for 5 mins?

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 06:15 PM

You honestly believe there's no Little Englander, GHEL, bullshit agenda in this league? Are you for fucking real?

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 06:16 PM
How is Theirry Henry the 'other fucker''! :lol:

You just said Wenger needed to be sacked after that performance and I'm the one that needs to be a fan for 5 mins?

Twist two arguments into one. One is about racism the other is about tactics. But what the fuck, if cheap points are on offer then lap them up.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 06:17 PM
Is that Ollie?

Giving the thumbs up and the finger at the same time. Yes. It's him.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 06:19 PM
I should just say, I'm pissed beyond all reasonable bounds of decency and I love you all. Fucking Gooners, right! Right?

We were the real football team today. Let anyone deny that.

Power n Glory
26-04-2015, 06:20 PM
I had no idea you were a Mod

And you do realise he's going to play the censorship card now...you'd have been better served letting it slip under the radar

I speak to NQ almost daily so I don't need to wait on the mods. There is no need to make cheap points in that way. It's uncalled for and he could have made it that same point in number of ways without being offensive.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 06:22 PM
I speak to NQ almost daily so I don't need to wait on the mods. There is no need to make cheap points in that way. It's uncalled for and he could have made it that same point in number of ways without being offensive.

We have good old fights, don't we. That's what makes the world go around. People without opinions are not people at all.

Power n Glory
26-04-2015, 06:23 PM
You honestly believe there's no Little Englander, GHEL, bullshit agenda in this league? Are you for fucking real?

Are you for real? Mourinho is from Portugal! How many foreign players are on that Chelsea team? Why doesn't the same apply for Chelsea?

Power n Glory
26-04-2015, 06:25 PM
Henry is black and French and he delivered the most criticism. He's a fucking Gooner! :lol:

I'm out of here. Common sense will prevail eventually. Hopefully!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
he could have made it that same point in number of ways without being offensive.

No where near as fun though

Niall_Quinn
Are you for real? Mourinho is from Portugal! How many foreign players are on that Chelsea team? Why doesn't the same apply for Chelsea?

Good point. Too drunk to argue.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 06:29 PM
I think the key point people are missing is if you slam a whole bottle of Aberlour between 4pm (kick off time) and 19:26 (whatever that means) you can't really rely on that bullshit thing people call reality. Suddenly everything becomes momentous. I pity you poor fools who are living in a diluted state.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2015, 06:29 PM
I think the same does apply to Chelsea, like the point i made earlier i don't think there is any great love of Chelsea, the media strain to not criticise the team because they want unfettered access to Mourinho because like him or hate him he sells newspapers.
The true loves of the English media will always be Man United and Liverpool.

Zerlathon
26-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Game was generally rather boring for me, and I feel that there were a good number of decisions that were entirely overlooked (and quite frankly the tw*t brigade took full advantage of that).

If 1 thing was made abundantly clear to me today (not that it wasn't already), is that Mourinho has no class whatsoever. He shows no respect to anyone, and on that basis I will not EVER consider him a legend to football... Even if he wins more trophies than Val Kilmer has chins. To me, a Legend is someone who people can look up to and aspire to be... Last time I checked I never heard a kid say that he wants to grow up and be a tw*t.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Nah. They can't admit that their precious league is about to be conquered by the most anti-footballing machine that ever existed. So they pretend.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2015, 06:31 PM
I think the key point people are missing is if you slam a whole bottle of Aberlour between 4pm (kick off time) and 19:26 (whatever that means) you can't really rely on that bullshit thing people call reality. Suddenly everything becomes momentous. I pity you poor fools who are living in a diluted state.

Your liver is going to love you.

I'm impressed that typing is still a possibility for you

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Game was generally rather boring for me, and I feel that there were a good number of decisions that were entirely overlooked (and quite frankly the tw*t brigade took full advantage of that).

If 1 thing was made abundantly clear to me today (not that it wasn't already), is that Mourinho has no class whatsoever. He shows no respect to anyone, and on that basis I will not EVER consider him a legend to football... Even if he wins more trophies than Val Kilmer has chins. To me, a Legend is someone who people can look up to and aspire to be... Last time I checked I never heard a kid say that he wants to grow up and be a tw*t.

Didn't help himself when he insisted that John Terry would be an excellent role model for young aspiring footballers.

Letters
26-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Pretty much no. How is losing decent FFS!

Some Arsenal fans need to get a grip.

Mourinho in?

Japan Shaking All Over
26-04-2015, 08:19 PM

Been taking advantage of access to the Poletbereau's stolen wine cellar again?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Been taking advantage of access to the Poletbereau's stolen wine cellar again?

I think it's spelt Politburo

And Aberlour is a malt Whiskey i believe

GP
26-04-2015, 08:41 PM
I think it's spelt Politburo

And Aberlour is a malt Whiskey i believe

It is!

I'm quite partial to the 12-year-old

#AdamJohnson

Marc Overmars
26-04-2015, 08:52 PM
Jose Mourinho took a thinly-veiled swipe at Arsenal and boss Arsene Wenger after hearing his side subjected to "boring boring Chelsea" chants during their goalless draw at Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal's fans vented their frustration as Chelsea took the point which ensured they will win the Premier League title if they beat Leicester City and Crystal Palace in their next two games.

The Gunners last won the title in the season of "The Invincibles" when they went 38 league games unbeaten in 2003-2004.

Chelsea manager Mourinho said: "I think boring is 10 years without a title - that's boring. If you support a club and you wait, wait, wait for so many years without a Premier League title, then that's boring.

"Maybe Arsenal's fans were not singing to us. When you want to win the game and you take your striker Olivier Giroud off maybe they want more, maybe they want Giroud and Theo Walcott up front."

Mourinho's team have scored 65 goals in 33 games and have a goal difference of +39.

And the Blues boss added: "This boring team has got the second highest number of goals, has the best goal difference. Only Manchester City have scored more goals than us."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32475383

Nah.

#boringboringchelsea

adzzzbatch
26-04-2015, 09:03 PM
lots of fuax indignation from chelski fans and others about the treatment of fabregas today.

Marc Overmars
26-04-2015, 09:12 PM
Ramsey refused to shake Piers Morgan's hand when they met after the game. He apparently said "I don't think I want to do that".

Piers. :pal:

selassie
26-04-2015, 09:12 PM
meh, same as usual against that lot with the horrible man in charge, mourinho not wenger ;)

not really surprised by the result...and if i am honest i don't think we'll finish above them or beat them until either wenger leaves or mourinho leaves...there i said it.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 09:49 PM
BBC have just compared the Ospina non-penalty to Schumacher. How ridiculously biased can you get?

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
26-04-2015, 09:49 PM
I just wanted an end to the sinking feeling that them beating us is a forgone conclusion. I didn't feel that way today and I kind of don't feel that way going forward so for now I am happy enough.

I thought with a little more quality from Alexis at crucial times we might have won the game. Seems churlish to say, but our final ball at times was lacking.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Also the "naturally" raised arm by Cahill is not a pen :haha:

Even Shearer sees that Fabregash dived. But Robbie Savage can't see that. The again, he's a cunt.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 09:53 PM
BBC apologies for the chav anti-football bullshit is thick and in multiple layers.

Niall_Quinn
26-04-2015, 10:22 PM
A 500 word apology from the Daily Mail for the scum's anti-football philosophy. Clever because it uses George Graham as a foil. That would be the same George Graham that provoked the "boring, boring Arsenal" routine from the media. The same media that cried its eyes out when Micky Thomas scored to win the title.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3056215/Arsenal-0-0-Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-Arsene-Wenger-share-points-Emirates-Premier-League-leaders-lack-strikers.html

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
26-04-2015, 10:36 PM

Are you suggesting the meeja are institutionally English? :d

GP
27-04-2015, 07:43 AM
http://i.imgur.com/KI3fVbr.jpg

LDG
27-04-2015, 08:21 AM

:haha:

Niall_Quinn
27-04-2015, 08:25 AM

It's funny because it's true

The Emirates Gallactico
27-04-2015, 12:37 PM

:lol::lol:

Even though it wasn't a loss it felt kind of disappointing. Oh well we've HOPEFULLY still got (*PRAYS TO GOD*) the Charity/Community shield next season do these cowards in.

Don't blame Wenger that much for today. We fucked up the league with the shit results away to Swansea, Stoke, Leciester and those awful run of draws at the start. He could have perhaps brought on subs earlier but he had to balance not getting caught on the counter which is what Chelsea were playing to. We would have lambasted him if he went too attacking and we were caught.

I mean our attack and Utd's are two of the best in the league if not the two best and neither of us could penetrate Chelsea's bank of two fours. Don't blame Chelsea that much for it as they were away from home though they did this at home last week which was pathetic.

We lucked out with the Oscar Penalty shout but we dominated the play (the shots on target don't mean anything)

Oh yeah, check out Moh's rant on AFCTV. Pretty much nails it with regards to Chelsea. A small time club who lucked out in winning the lottery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtAO-XgpV1c

fakeyank
27-04-2015, 03:49 PM
IF only we couldve turned that Monreal cross in the 90th minute in.. I despise these scrotes and they are everything that is wrong in football. Wenger really has got to feel some shame with his record against Mou. I am not a fan of Wenger (surprise surprise), but what I wouldnt do to see the man turn into a major WUM like he was once against SAF. Turn into a prick, have your players make petulant fouls.. do something, do anything!!

mr_brighterside
27-04-2015, 06:00 PM
loved the interview

maureen is an expert in vacuuming up attention from his team as he is life from a game

adzzzbatch
27-04-2015, 10:54 PM
moanrinho the cunt is still going on about us today and the media lap it up!

Niall_Quinn
27-04-2015, 11:45 PM
Suddenly they like 0-0 bus parking and the Fellaini long ball game.

Letters
28-04-2015, 08:13 AM
If Chelsea were some plucky lower division side coming to Arsenal in the Cup and trying to escape with a draw and a replay then you could grudgingly admire them for playing that way and getting the result, but a team with the infinite money cheat on really have no excuse to be playing that way.
They'll be champions but really poor champions, no-one will remember this side like they do with the Wenger side in the early Noughties.

GP
28-04-2015, 08:19 AM
If Chelsea were some plucky lower division side coming to Arsenal in the Cup and trying to escape with a draw and a replay then you could grudgingly admire them for playing that way and getting the result, but a team with the infinite money cheat on really have no excuse to be playing that way.
They'll be champions but really poor champions, no-one will remember this side like they do with the Wenger side in the early Noughties.

There was some MOTD Extra thing on Sunday morning, with journalists on instead of the usual idiot pundits. Even they were waxing lyrical about Chelsea, saying how it's impossible not to admire them.

they need to piss off.

Letters
28-04-2015, 08:32 AM
It's perfectly possible, I'm managing it just fine :shrug:
Horrible club.
Horrible fans
Horrible captain
Horrible manager.

Rotten. To. The. Core.

GP
28-04-2015, 08:36 AM
It's perfectly possible, I'm managing it just fine :shrug:
Horrible club.
Horrible fans
Horrible captain
Horrible manager.

Rotten. To. The. Core.

If chelsea were an ice cream flavour they would be pralines and dick.

Power n Glory
28-04-2015, 09:19 AM
It's time to stop moaning about Chelsea's style of play and just beat the shit out of them. It's really annoying that we have this discussion every season but have yet to beat them. Just makes us seem more sour. If we'd beat the shit out of them constantly and mocked the shit out of their style after, it would be so much sweeter and valid!

Letters
28-04-2015, 09:38 AM
They haven't lost a game against the top 4 this year. When they decide not to lose then they pretty much don't.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2015, 10:14 AM
It depends what you think the whole point of football is. If you view it as a sport and if as a fan you view sport as a competitive form of entertainment then there can be no excuses for the chavs. They are simply the most horrible blight imaginable.

However, if you view football in terms of money and publicity the chavs are worthy champions.

The trouble with money is it usually makes you lose sight of everything else and everyone around you becomes equally blind. That's why these pundits are into day 3 of apologising for the chavs. Underneath it they know how shabby the game (which is no longer a sport in the true sense) has become. They have all contributed to the fall.

I was reading about De Gea wanting £200k per week to stay "loyal" to Utd. I have no sympathy for that club after they dumped £300k per week on that scrote Rooney. You play the money game and it works both ways. But still, a goalkeeper wanting just shy of a quarter of a million a week so he can play his part in a broken parody of sport.

All the definitions in football are now inverted. That's why Maureen is admirable, the chavs are worthy and the pundits are experts.

I hear the third Manchester club won promotion. Good for them. I hope they reach the top BUT remember why they exist in the first place. They probably won't.

The accurate definition for Maureen and his chavs is despicable. That word sums them up best.

Arsenal aren't virtuous either, of course. But we haven't crossed that line where the intent of sport is obliterated. In some ways we owe the chavs becuse they have pushed that line a further mile into the distance.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2015, 10:30 AM
Some light relief
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3058368/Mesut-Ozil-needs-produce-big-games-ll-end-expensive-Arsenal-flop.html

LOL

Hazard was superb on Sunday, btw. A real big game performance.

GP
28-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Some light relief
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3058368/Mesut-Ozil-needs-produce-big-games-ll-end-expensive-Arsenal-flop.html

LOL

Hazard was superb on Sunday, btw. A real big game performance.

"Cesc Fabregas outshone Ozil on Sunday..."

lol no

Power n Glory
28-04-2015, 10:43 AM
Football is a sport and the entertainment factor comes second. It's the same as any other sport. The whole debate about what's entertaining and what's not isn't something isolated to just football. F1, boxing, UFC...there are certain drivers, fighters that are efficient at what they do and it's not always entertaining to the average fan. Chelsea are no different. We just have to find a way to beat that style of play and quit moaning.

Letters
28-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Football is a sport.
:lol:
It used to be.

Marc Overmars
28-04-2015, 10:58 AM
We can only hope Abramovich gets tired of Mourinho again, whatever happens they must not win the CL with him, otherwise I'm done with this shit man.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Football is a sport and the entertainment factor comes second. It's the same as any other sport. The whole debate about what's entertaining and what's not isn't something isolated to just football. F1, boxing, UFC...there are certain drivers, fighters that are efficient at what they do and it's not always entertaining to the average fan. Chelsea are no different. We just have to find a way to beat that style of play and quit moaning.

Actually it's not the Arsenal fans who are moaning. It's the pundits who are apologising furiously for the way the chavs interpret "sport". The crowd sung boring, boring. It's just a crowd doing what a crowd does. "Same old Arsenal, always cheating", as we are being cheated out of the game by picking up bookings when our rivals walk away without sanction. The crowd sing it to wind us up and rub it in. No massive write up required the day after. So it's strange how the media has circled the Maureen bandwagon since the game. They seem to protest too much.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2015, 11:03 AM
We can only hope Abramovich gets tired of Mourinho again, whatever happens they must not win the CL with him, otherwise I'm done with this shit man.

I think he's probably learned his lesson following the period of musical chairs between Satan's terms. He wanted show-piece football but couldn't purchase it directly. I think he'll stick with Maureen now. If money can't buy class and style he has seen it can at least buy titles provided you have an efficient carthorse pulling things along.

Power n Glory
28-04-2015, 11:11 AM
It used to be.

It still is. The entertainment factor is a double edged sword. It's easy on the eye but you also get the TV broadcasters wanting a slice of the action and even our own Board treating fans as customers coming to be entertained instead of fans. Some of the things we've said on here that's killed football.

Letters
28-04-2015, 11:15 AM
I don't have a problems with teams being pragmatic - I never used to like it when Wenger whined about lower clubs coming and parking the bus, what are they supposed to do, play the beautiful game, give us room to play and get walloped? For most clubs a point away at Arsenal is a great result.
But Chelsea? They've got the infinite money cheat on, they have no excuse for bus parking. They can have their pick of creative attacking players.
When we used to go to Old Trafford, back in the day when it was us or them, we went to win.

Power n Glory
28-04-2015, 11:28 AM
They didn't park the bus. We've seen way worse. They set themselves up to defend in numbers but break quickly.

I won't complain about it because when won our FA Cup against Utd we defended well and solid. I wouldn't take anything away from us on that day. Same goes for the way we got to the CL final.

Letters
28-04-2015, 11:32 AM
I didn't see it to be fair but it seems they came to not lose rather than to win.

Power n Glory
28-04-2015, 11:55 AM
As long as there are draws in football, that will happen. It's partly why the American's haven't taken to 'soccer'!

GP
28-04-2015, 11:57 AM
I didn't see it to be fair but it seems they came to not lose rather than to win.

Yep, disgraceful showing from a 300 billion quid squad.

Niall_Quinn
28-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Would people swap the football they witnessed in Wenger's earlier years with Graham's football and winning the title ever since? I mean every single title and throw every cup in too. And every CL, Charity Shield, basically everything? Would you swap it? How about half the titles? Would you swap then? A quarter of them? At what point would you swap?

Isn't the only thing saving football from the likes of the chavs, gypos, Bayern, Barca and Marketing the chance they can still be beaten to a title or a cup by a less money focused team? Rarely, but it's still possible. Take the infinite money cheat to its final conclusion (as advocated by Martin Samuel), switch off FFP and give Maureen the Messis and Ronaldos and the next 20 best in the world. Then add in his tactics and special appreciation for the game. What do you have left? Domination, but in what form and at what cost?

It's only the teams who aren't the chavs managed by managers who aren't Maureen that keep this game in any way interesting and therefore alive. The logical conclusion of Maureen is the death of the game. Almost worth it if it would also mean the death of the media pundits who are like turkeys singing Christmas carols every time they applaud the wretch.

The Emirates Gallactico
28-04-2015, 12:16 PM
I don't necessarily blame them for yesterday as they were away from home against a top four side. We were lavishing Wenger for taking a less extreme approach against City away earlier in the season. In isolated incidents it's an acceptable method to play for a top side.

But the difference is that they've been doing it week in week out since the winter, even in the home games. Last week they only had 30% of the possession at home against Utd ..... deliberately and they only created one chance all game. That's just fucking pathetic. It'd be absolutely abject to watch that turgid shit week in week out but then again as Moh said, Chelsea are a small club with a small team mentality. That would never be acceptable at a Barca, RM or even here.

What I find more egregious though is the media obsession with Mourinho and how easily they'll bend over to accept his cock. I mean for example his comment in reply to being questioned about the "boring boring Chelsea" chants about not winning a title for so long being boring instead is patently ridicoulous. So unless you win the title you just give up on football? Most teams don't get to win the league ever including a certain Chelsea who went 50 years without winning before the Russian showed up. Yet no one calls him out on that shit.

The latest Tuesday Club was released last night and Alan Davies nails it regarding him and our media's sycophantic behaviour. It's clear our fans and Wenger gets to him given how bitey and personal he gets in his attacks, something you'd never seem from Wenger. But no, instead of the cunts reporting on how flustered Mourinho gets when questioned it's all "Mourinho does Wenger again with a funny". Cunts.

I wish some player/manager would have the balls to confront these absolute hacks on this.

Seymour Butts
28-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Cesc sub

legend lol

Funniest thing about this was the commentator saying "I think Cesc has won the crowd round" just as it panned to this shot

fakeyank
28-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Whats get to me is not the fact that Chelsea sits deep and waits to hit on the counter; its the fact that they seem to have all the fucking luck in the world. Think about the Utd game and if Rooney's shot didnt hit the post in the early part of the game, what would have happened? Ditto for our chance at the end of the game when Monreal crossed the ball and Ozil kicked air and Welbeck lost his footing... Think about their whole freaking CL winning campaign!!!

How on earth are they buying luck too?!!? You can bet your bottom dollar that if any of these chances fell to Chelsea, they would have buried the chance. They really are the devils team. I have said it before and I'll say it again.. I despise them more than Spurs any day of the week!

Letters
28-04-2015, 06:51 PM
As a club I don't have a huge problem with Spurs. They're more to be pitied than scorned.
Chelsea are the axis of evil, all by themselves

Maestro
28-04-2015, 06:51 PM
It's time to stop moaning about Chelsea's style of play and just beat the shit out of them. It's really annoying that we have this discussion every season but have yet to beat them. Just makes us seem more sour. If we'd beat the shit out of them constantly and mocked the shit out of their style after, it would be so much sweeter and valid!

End of! Great post, we need to look at what we're doing about it ........so far nothing but just coming across as bitter. There's only one way to deal with this and that's to beat them. Failed in 13 matches, the fuckin joke's on us!

AFC Leveller
28-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Funniest thing about this was the commentator saying "I think Cesc has won the crowd round" just as it panned to this shot

isnt that the "oli Geroud" guy on youtube?

Munchies
28-04-2015, 08:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDsZSVjXIAAfNhi.jpg

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
28-04-2015, 11:24 PM
Never ceases to amaze me how clued up you lot are on everything coming out of the media. I still don't even know what Henry said!

The Emirates Gallactico
29-04-2015, 12:49 AM
Never ceases to amaze me how clued up you lot are on everything coming out of the media. I still don't even know what Henry said!

In the age of Social Media and twitter, things travel fast. Surprised you haven't heard his comments by now Blink; they've become a big news item by themselves.

As for the Henry comments, I thoroughly disagree with them. Giroud's stats are no worse than Costa's who's about to win the league with the Rent-Boy's ...... we can win a league with him up top, especially if you have top quality around him as we currently do. Bayern fucking won the treble with Mandzukic who's worse than Giroud imo. We may not perpetually dominate Europe but a league is certainly possible ..... I mean it's not been because of Giroud that we've failed this year, our problems have mainly been at the other end. That being said, if an upgrade is possible and available then we should certainly be open to getting him in and I think Giroud is the type of guy who would welcome competition. However when it comes to getting world class striker's in, it's not a matter of shopping at Tesco's and picking something of the shelf to use a common Wenger analogy.

Unfortunately for Thierry, he's part of the pundit class now and after receiving some public criticism of his punditery recently (article in the guardian) which tbh objectively hasn't been that great, he's probably been told by the Sky producers to ramp it up and start being more controversial which he's done here. It shouldn't detract from his legend status at the club and any so call fan using it to slag him of personally (there have been some prats on twitter) need to fuck off.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2015, 12:55 AM
With the PL run-in and a cup final to come it wasn't helpful for a club legend to start slagging the striker we'll be relying on to bag goals in crucial games. Hopefully Bif uses it to his advantage rather than let it get to him. He's worked hard enough and delivered enough goals this season to earn a bit of respect. Sad to see Henry becoming a pundit.

Power n Glory
29-04-2015, 07:18 AM
In the age of Social Media and twitter, things travel fast. Surprised you haven't heard his comments by now Blink; they've become a big news item by themselves.

As for the Henry comments, I thoroughly disagree with them. Giroud's stats are no worse than Costa's who's about to win the league with the Rent-Boy's ...... we can win a league with him up top, especially if you have top quality around him as we currently do. Bayern fucking won the treble with Mandzukic who's worse than Giroud imo. We may not perpetually dominate Europe but a league is certainly possible ..... I mean it's not been because of Giroud that we've failed this year, our problems have mainly been at the other end. That being said, if an upgrade is possible and available then we should certainly be open to getting him in and I think Giroud is the type of guy who would welcome competition. However when it comes to getting world class striker's in, it's not a matter of shopping at Tesco's and picking something of the shelf to use a common Wenger analogy.

Unfortunately for Thierry, he's part of the pundit class now and after receiving some public criticism of his punditery recently (article in the guardian) which tbh objectively hasn't been that great, he's probably been told by the Sky producers to ramp it up and start being more controversial which he's done here. It shouldn't detract from his legend status at the club and any so call fan using it to slag him of personally (there have been some prats on twitter) need to fuck off.

When Henry spoke on Sky, I immediately thought of his outburst before the Spurs game. :lol: I don't think he's said anything we haven't said on here and I think he's being genuine. We really need to make some changes in how we prepare for a season because our slow start has hampered our chances of winning the title. It was the same last season. We need to do better in the summer and stop making excuses for ourselves.

Henry said Giroud has been good and fine striker but he's not going to win you the league. That's on the money. His record in big games isn't up to par and it's never a case that he's been an absolute thorn in the oppositions side. He needs to really up his performances against top opposition. If not, we need another top player to step up where Giroud drops off.

Henry said the same applies to a lot of the players. Ozil is another example he used. He needs to come out firing next season because he's another one that hasn't done the magic for us on the big stage. Maybe next season we'll see more from both players, Ozil especially, because he seems to be finding his stride whilst Giroud is in the form of his life. It's not impossible to win the league with a striker like Giroud, but we need another player to step up with the goals. We really missed Theo's goals and assists this year along with Ramsey's crazy form from last year. Imagine if we had that.

Which is where Henry was saying we need the players to step their game up if we're not going to buy in the summer. We also need our medical team to keep players fit for the season so they can stay in form, another point Henry made. There isn't anything he said that hasn't been said on here before and if we carry on in the same way, won't be saying again in 6 months time.

Power n Glory
29-04-2015, 07:27 AM
Ahh... and Diego Costa vs Giroud. I won't argue on the stats but I've never been convinced that Costa is the answer to what we need up front. That was before moving to Chelsea and I still hold that same opinion. If we'd have signed him it wouldn't have been the end of the world but I'd prefer someone with a little more magic to their game.

He works for Chelsea because they play that direct style, they're more defensive and not a team that dominate possession or need players that need to find an inch perfect pass in the tightest of spaces. Just thinking of his games for Spain and he seems like a fish out of water with that tika taka style.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2015, 11:13 AM
We criticise our own in the company of other fans. Would we do it with the likes of Souness, Carragher or Redknapp in the room? Or if tens of thousands of dirty chavs were watching? I wouldn't. I'm not sure either how feasible it would be to rip out the goalkeeper, Merts (because I guess that's who the new spine defender would replace), Coquelin or Ramsey (ditto) and Giroud then hit the ground running and get a fast start. Wouldn't we have to learn how to play as a team all over? It's taken the best part of a year for the latest lot to show signs of being a team.

Anyway, Henry will always be forgiven and he's probably trying to win at being a pundit just as he wanted to win at everything else. At least he's not Alan 'Wanker' Smith.

Ollie the Optimist
29-04-2015, 12:07 PM
"Cesc Fabregas outshone Ozil on Sunday..."

lol no

fabregas was fucking awful on sunday. Just seem to ghost around and not want to get involved.

Apart from diving to try and cheat arsenal into conceding a penalty

and then our fans clap the diving snake off.

Bumble
29-04-2015, 12:30 PM
We criticise our own in the company of other fans. Would we do it with the likes of Souness, Carragher or Redknapp in the room? Or if tens of thousands of dirty chavs were watching? I wouldn't. I'm not sure either how feasible it would be to rip out the goalkeeper, Merts (because I guess that's who the new spine defender would replace), Coquelin or Ramsey (ditto) and Giroud then hit the ground running and get a fast start. Wouldn't we have to learn how to play as a team all over? It's taken the best part of a year for the latest lot to show signs of being a team.

Anyway, Henry will always be forgiven and he's probably trying to win at being a pundit just as he wanted to win at everything else. At least he's not Alan 'Wanker' Smith.
Yeah why is Alan Smith always so anti- Arsenal when he is a pundit/commentates. I do like Niall Quinn, the pundit version and not you, though seems always fair and rational and only small bit of pro-arsenal about him.

Niall_Quinn
29-04-2015, 01:25 PM
I do like Niall Quinn, the pundit version and not you

:crying:

Syn
29-04-2015, 01:42 PM
early signs are that Henry's post-Arsenal career will go the same way as Sol's. He's been embarrassing so far. Ex-Arsenal players generally haven't been good. Keown's the only one that talks sense and is worth listening to, who would've thought that...

Syn
29-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Boring game to watch. Don't know why Wenger's coming into criticism here, it's fucking hard to break down such a negative team and his players didn't take their chances. Ozil fluffed his chance at the end to nick a 1-0, other than that there's not much that can be done. Defensively they're absolutely brilliant when they're on their game and they were on Sunday.

These aren't the games you need to win anyway, these are the games you can't lose, as Mourinho knows well. Our big game record has improved since the Tottenham defeat. A big test at Old Trafford to come, as well as the FA cup final. Avoid defeat at Old Trafford and win the FA cup and it's our best season since 2005 no matter what way you look at it. If Chelsea turn up and buy 92 points to win the league like they will here there's not much else you can do.

Letters
29-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Apart from diving to try and cheat arsenal into conceding a penalty.

Finally watched the highlights last night and yeah, nice to see he's picked up the Chelsea cheating philosophy.
And, of course, the commentator said there was contact. Yes, there was, the tiniest brush, and he went down quicker than your mum. Don't bother mentioning that.

<_<

Letters
29-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Boring game to watch. Don't know why Wenger's coming into criticism here, it's fucking hard to break down such a negative team and his players didn't take their chances. Ozil fluffed his chance at the end to nick a 1-0, other than that there's not much that can be done. Defensively they're absolutely brilliant when they're on their game and they were on Sunday.

These aren't the games you need to win anyway, these are the games you can't lose, as Mourinho knows well. Our big game record has improved since the Tottenham defeat. A big test at Old Trafford to come, as well as the FA cup final. Avoid defeat at Old Trafford and win the FA cup and it's our best season since 2005 no matter what way you look at it. If Chelsea turn up and buy 92 points to win the league like they will here there's not much else you can do.

Pretty much.
So far we've been the 2nd best team. Finish 2nd and we've only been beaten by one of the billionaire cheats. Win the Cup too and that's a good season.
#WengerIn*

* - terms and conditions apply.

Xhaka Can’t
29-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Finally watched the highlights

<_<

There were highlights? :unsure:

Bumble
30-04-2015, 07:11 AM
i know this is probably going against most people on here, but I really dislike John Terry. Switched over to the football last night for about a minute and saw him moaning to the ref about something.

Bumble
30-04-2015, 07:12 AM
There were highlights? :unsure:

Oscar getting flattened by Ospina was pretty good.

Power n Glory
30-04-2015, 01:05 PM

Not sure how you expect him to get around this when he's a pundit. Are you upset that Sky are biased or just that they're not biased in our favour? Wouldn't be right if Henry only said positive things on air about Arsenal. Also, it's not as if other pundits won't criticise their former clubs. Carragaher and Scholes have done it recently and they're the two clubs HCZ says are the darlings of English football all media outlets bow down to.

Niall_Quinn
30-04-2015, 03:00 PM
Are you upset that Sky are biased or just that they're not biased in our favour?

The latter.

Fist of Lehmann
30-04-2015, 03:37 PM
His record in big games isn't up to par

When you actually look at it, his productivity in big games and small games is largely comparable.

4 Goals and 1 Assist in 6 league games against top 5 opposition.

Letters
30-04-2015, 04:05 PM
When you actually look at it, his productivity in big games and small games is largely comparable.

Using facts is cheating :sulk:

Power n Glory
30-04-2015, 05:12 PM

Against who and when did he score? I'm guessing this are stats from this season alone but what about the previous?

This article says otherwise and from what I remember of his performances, he can often have off games where he's not as effective.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11436604/Olivier-Giroud-is-a-flat-track-bully-Arsenal-need-a-better-striker-if-theyre-to-move-forward.html

I really don't want to get into the stats argument but we're kidding ourselves if we think we've got someone comparable to RVP and Henry. That's what the essence of ten argument and what people mean when they say we need a better striker. Aiming for that calibre.

Fist of Lehmann
01-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Against who and when did he score? I'm guessing this are stats from this season alone but what about the previous?

This season.

..........H......A
CFC.....0......inj
MC.....inj.....1G
MU.....1G....
LFC.....1G....1G
Spu.....inj....1A

You could say a lot of things about Giroud historically, what's most relevant in assessing him is what he did last, and since he joined us he has improved year on year.

So while there is a discussion to be had around whether he is good enough for a Premiership winning side, and there are arguably legitimate criticisms of his game, big game choker shouldn't be one of them, for this season at least.

Kano
01-05-2015, 01:21 PM
PnG is right to say that with Giroud alone we can't win the league. Henry was right too but I don't want to credit him much because his first year has been spent sitting like a well dressed mannequin saying next to nothing.

Man City have had what most people regard as a bad season. Yet they've scored more than anyone. They have players that can come in and score key goals when Aguero needs a rest, is injured or substituted. Chelsea have Remy who has scored a few key goals throughout the season and Drogba has too. Like ourselves, Utd need better options upfront to improve.

We have Wellbeck, who works bloody hard and has been as influential as Sanchez has in terms of convincing our players to chase down and close the opposition. It's hard to make a full assessment of his striker abilities because his only option is still play wide with Giroud on form. Earlier in the season he's goal rate was patchy and i don't think he can be relied on as a strong alternative when Giroud is out. Walcott, well he'll rarely ever play through the middle for us, so that's not an option. We need another 10-15 premier league goal striker to have any chance of winning the league but whether Wenger agrees with that in the summer is another thing.

Power n Glory
01-05-2015, 01:39 PM
With the mark he left at Monaco, that perception will remain until he has dominant performance in a big game. He's done well this season but I wouldn't want us to pass up on a quality striker based on his recent form. 90+ minute goals in a game we've already lost (Utd) or won (Liverpool) and an early assist against Spurs, a game we lost will look good on paper but look different in context.

Fist of Lehmann
01-05-2015, 03:38 PM
With the mark he left at Monaco, that perception will remain until he has dominant performance in a big game. He's done well this season but I wouldn't want us to pass up on a quality striker based on his recent form. 90+ minute goals in a game we've already lost (Utd) or won (Liverpool) and an early assist against Spurs, a game we lost will look good on paper but look different in context.

I wouldn't want that either. Any way we can improve the team I'm right behind it.

But is it valid to devalue a goal that doesn't mathematically affect the end result?

For instance does the second goal in a 2-0 kill off the game and deter pressure?
In hindsight you might argue the second goal wasn't important, but what you cannot say with any certainty is that it had no effect on the eventual outcome.

All goals change games, if not in the game they're scored in then confidence and thereby future games.

Oh and goal difference.

Either that or let's just chalk off all goals that didn't mathematically win or draw a game.

Power n Glory
01-05-2015, 06:05 PM
I don't mean the goal 2nd goal in the first tie against Pool. I mean the 4th goal in the 95th minute in the recent game where we smashed them.

The overall point I'm making is that he's not enough of the deciding factor and difference in the big games. It's the point Henry was making last week.

It's not to chalk off it's goals, it's going back to that point about being that quality striker that's going to win you re match and possibly the title.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-05-2015, 10:51 PM

I'm not one for social media, don't use twitter, facebook or anything else of that ilk but I've inevitably heard what he said now. I don't agree with him but perhaps he needs more convincing of Giroud's quality than the average man.....what with being a footballing deity and all.....

Giroud may be much less effective next season a little like Ramsey. I don't expect it and certainly hope it isn't the case but I feel like the aftermath to what he said has been a little OTT.

I find it hard to believe Henry is simply pandering to his employers either. He is pretty strong willed and opinionated and we can't forget that it's only been 6 or so months since most Arsenal fans would have agreed with him.

Penguin
03-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Giroud has been great this season, he's improved so much. But he will never be a world class striker. He's slow, he can't carry the ball, or dribble, he doesn't have that little bit of skill to make space for himself inside the box, and he doesn't have a right foot. Those are all big weaknesses for a striker.

The top strikers can also make a goal for themselves whereas Giroud falls into the finisher category. It's not all that important against the Sunderlands and QPRs who can't stop our creative midfielders, but in a tight game against a strong defence it makes a big difference. For me, Giroud should be the person challenging our 'first choice' for a starting place, and offering a plan B off the bench.

Our other strikers? Welbeck had a good run of games up front and disappointed really. He's not ruthless enough and his overall CF play isn't as good enough. There's still a lot of room for improvement though, and I hope he really pushes on next season. Theo cannot play as a lone striker and never will. If he's adamant that he wants to play up front he's welcome to join whatever bottom half side feels like playing with two strikers, cause he wont do it here.

World class strikers don't grow on trees so obviously it will be difficult to sign one, but we should be actively looking for one in the summer.

Power n Glory
03-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Welbeck needs to improve quickly if he wants games as a striker for us. He's really ineffective up front and just gets lost. He's not making the right movement or runs and just struggles to get into the game. He'll need a good run of games in preseason to get to grips with it because a fit Giroud will always be first choice.

Walcott should just leave. He's not a winger, he's not a striker, he's a wide forward, some sort of in between that's only used here at Arsenal but the manager doesn't rate him highly enough to start him in a role that he's been developed for. He's wasted his development and education time with us because he was supposed to be a Henry like striker.

As a striker, he's had games where his runs are dangerous but games where he's struggled to find the ball. Only more game time will fix that. It's the same conundrum Welbeck is in and neither will get the run of games when we have Giroud.

Marc Overmars
03-05-2015, 12:29 PM
I've tried really hard to like Welbz. I appreciate the running he does and how effective that can be at times, but as a central striker? Minimal quality.