PDA

View Full Version : Match reaction vs Hull

Marc Overmars
04-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Cracking win. No idea how we didn't get the 4th but we played some delightful stuff tonight.

Important 3 points to capitalise on the Mancs losing. 2nd place trophy ours to throw away now.

Master Splinter
04-05-2015, 08:59 PM
That was really frustrating in the end. We played possibly the best football of the season and the scoreline doesn't reflect how good we were. Mason handed them a goal and denied us two pelanties, but we still overcame him and the Hull hillbillies to create and waste so many chances. Should have scored six at the very least.

Finishing aside, Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey and Cazorla were sublime at times. Coquelin continued his outstanding form. The defence had little to do apart from deny Mason in behind.

Arsenal :bow:. For the performance and the football.

Arsenal :doh:. For not scoring a shitload.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Wasn't boring and negative enough for me. We didn't dive enough. Our manager didn't even attack a cancer patient.

What sort of shit is this?

McNamara That Ghost...
04-05-2015, 09:01 PM
Well done everyone. Played superbly.

Bellerin's accent changes more than Littlefinger's.

AFC Leveller
04-05-2015, 09:03 PM
great football, great result.

the manc game is now not a must win but a must not lose.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-05-2015, 09:03 PM
A) Praise Arsenal player

B) Analyse the performances

C) Ultimately criticise the player

D) Arsenal can't win the title for this player being there.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Costa Matic and Terry in our team :sick:

AFC Leveller
04-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Special mention to Montreal, i think he has been one of best players since January.

i used to think he was a turd, but im happy he has proved me and a lot of us wrong.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-05-2015, 09:07 PM
Why doesn't Ramsey take up this position? What, where he fucking went?

Jesus wept.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Beautiful 3rd goal. This is football.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-05-2015, 09:11 PM
It's just excessive force, that's not a foul.

That is a foul you numbskull.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-05-2015, 09:12 PM
I'd like to see more of Cazorla's pass that Alexis didn't score from.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2015, 09:13 PM
It's just excessive force, that's not a foul.

That is a foul you numbskull.

He got the ball. The law clearly states if you get the ball it's fine to shoot somebody in the face.

Gooner23
04-05-2015, 09:14 PM
Ozil and Cazorla tonight were utterly sublime :cloud9:

Great performance with some speedy attacking, led as always by the irrepressible Alexis. If we had our shooting boots on in the 2nd half would have been a pasting.

You have to hand it to Mason though, he is consistently incompetant at his job. #stealingaliving

Also, the anyonebutwalcott tactic that Wenget is employing for right mid is quite amusing. :clap:

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Should be said, Arsene got it right today.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-05-2015, 09:24 PM
I stand by my earlier statement on Neville.

Ralpheroo72
04-05-2015, 09:34 PM
From BBC

No player has assisted as many Premier League goals as Santi Cazorla (28) since he made his PL debut in August 2012.

Marc Overmars
04-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Special mention to Montreal, i think he has been one of best players since January.

i used to think he was a turd, but im happy he has proved me and a lot of us wrong.

Yeah, happy to be proven wrong as well. Most improved player in the squad. Gibbs has a lot of work to do.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2015, 09:42 PM
I stand by my earlier statement on Neville.

I think it's rude to call people cunts

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2015, 09:43 PM
From BBC

No player has assisted as many Premier League goals as Santi Cazorla (28) since he made his PL debut in August 2012.

he's no hazzah. Not enough dives.

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2015, 09:46 PM
1 Fucking cunts 35 42 83
2 Man City 35 35 70
3 Arsenal 34 33 70
4 Man Utd 35 24 65
5 Liverpool 35 11 61

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Where have you all gone you wankers? It's almost as if you have real lives.

But that can't be true because you are members of GW.

fakeyank
04-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Great win. Dont know how we didnt get that pelanty.. that was just horrible from the ref. Wilshere looked great tonight but I am sure he will break his ankle again.. soon!

Walcott looks to be on his way out of the club. I dont understand why he is not starting games like these.. We either give him serious opportunities to play or we bring Raheem home! :lol:

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2015, 10:48 PM
Great win. Dont know how we didnt get that pelanty.. that was just horrible from the ref. Wilshere looked great tonight but I am sure he will break his ankle again.. soon!

Walcott looks to be on his way out of the club. I dont understand why he is not starting games like these.. We either give him serious opportunities to play or we bring Raheem home! :lol:

You seem to be forgetting that Sterling is over-hyped shit, as he has demonstrated in this, the first season the spotlight was on him. He's a money player, not a football player

Niall_Quinn
04-05-2015, 10:54 PM
Here's the daily male's take on our fluke against Hull.

"Arsenal moved level with Manchester City in the underwhelming duel to be runners-up and were able to celebrate a few trivial landmarks, like securing a top-four finish, yet another year above neighbours Tottenham and scoring 100 goals in all competitions."

What they don't realise is that language is intent, not vocabulary. Vocabulary is just the vehicle for the intent.

So basically, tough luck Daily Male - you biased cunts. May you live in interesting times - soon.

Gooner23
05-05-2015, 06:18 AM

"Arsenal moved level with Manchester City in the underwhelming duel to be runners-up and were able to celebrate a few trivial landmarks, like securing a top-four finish, yet another year above neighbours Tottenham and scoring 100 goals in all competitions."

What they don't realise is that language is intent, not vocabulary. Vocabulary is just the vehicle for the intent.

So basically, tough luck Daily Male - you biased cunts. May you live in interesting times - soon.

Yeah cos we're all celebrating 100 goals. Wankers.

AFC Leveller
05-05-2015, 07:03 AM

They had a "special" "exclusive" piece on Moanreen's title triumph and how he is the best thing to ever grave the PL.

Disgusting, the lot of them. Them and skysports (Cara and Neville have columns in the dailymail i think) are just bum bandits to Moanreen.

Bumble
05-05-2015, 07:31 AM
I thought we were excellent really but then there is no real pressure on us now.

Phil Neville reckons we are just a world class keeper away from challenging for the title. Although I don't think Ospina has done anything wrong but because we have been on a great run when he has played, he really hasn't had to make many saves to really keep us in games.

Wenger downplaying a title challenge for next year.

Letters
05-05-2015, 08:23 AM
There's no pressure in terms of top 4 but it would be nice to finish 2nd.
We do look well placed to seriously challenge next year, the only question is can we sustain this sort of form for a whole season, or most of one.
It was liquid football at times last night. The first goal was lucky, the 2nd was a bit too but it was a lovely ball for it. 3rd goal was fantastic.
Didn't see all of the 2nd half, it looked a bit tippy tappy from what I saw but I guess it was job done by then.

Ollie the Optimist
05-05-2015, 09:14 AM
the worst thing from last night was that a top flight professional (i use that word lightly) thought that this was a foul, not a blatant dive

https://vine.co/v/eZMmF6LBKb9

GP
05-05-2015, 10:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEMNidZUIAAUb1m.jpg

dazthegooner
05-05-2015, 10:16 AM
But for injuries I believe we could have been alot closer to Chelski maybe on a par with them. But when we do play the they deploy a 1-10-0-0 formation.

AFC Leveller
05-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Last season we finished strongly and most of us thought we were set for a proper title challeneg but we were basically out of it by October. Next season we simply have to maitain this progress and hit the ground running.

Bumble
05-05-2015, 11:16 AM
But for injuries I believe we could have been alot closer to Chelski maybe on a par with them. But when we do play the they deploy a 1-10-0-0 formation.

For us to win the league I do believe we have to beat Chelsea at least once next season as I cant see how we would finish above them otherwise. This season we won 48 out of 54 points against the bottom half of the table which is very impressive.

Marc Overmars
05-05-2015, 11:34 AM
It was those draws at the start of the season that killed us, it's better to lose a game but win a couple after as you end up with more points. A succession of draws like we had just killed off any hope we had of a serious challenge, 10 point deficit before we even got going.

Power n Glory
05-05-2015, 12:46 PM
It was those draws at the start of the season that killed us, it's better to lose a game but win a couple after as you end up with more points. A succession of draws like we had just killed off any hope we had of a serious challenge, 10 point deficit before we even got going.

Yep, the bad start to the season boils down to bad preparation. It was a World Cup year and we knew the squad was light in key areas and we did nothing about it even though we knew the players would be suffering from fatigue. The matters made worse by the short preseason we had. Out of all of our rivals, we played the least amount of preseason games so we go into the season rusty and not knowing whose ready for the first team and whose not. You never know, maybe Coquelin would have been given a chance earlier if we had more prep time.

Next season, if we get our business started early and have a good preseason run, we could have a chance. Chelsea will always be tough but the may grow complacent next season. City may sack their current manager so that sets them back a step. Same with Liverpool. I suspect Utd will come back stronger next year since LVG has a year under his belt but we stand a good chance if we prepare properly.

The Emirates Gallactico
05-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Good game but I thought we were defensively sloppy at times and a better team could have taken advantage of it.

Some of the football we played was just amazing though but we've got to be more ruthless up front. A Barca or Bayern would have won that 6 or 7 - 0 tonight whereas we fluffed some great chances at the end or tried to over work it when at goal.

Still, it's not an easy place to go to as Liverpool's result there last week and Chelsea's dodgy as fuck win there will attest to.

I thought we were excellent really but then there is no real pressure on us now.

Phil Neville reckons we are just a world class keeper away from challenging for the title. Although I don't think Ospina has done anything wrong but because we have been on a great run when he has played, he really hasn't had to make many saves to really keep us in games.

Wenger downplaying a title challenge for next year.

Ospina doesn't cost you points ala that clown Chesney but I'm not sure if he wins you any points either.

The likes of De Gea and Courtois have probably won their respective sides roughly around a dozen points on there own in tight games. United would be out of the top four without De Gea and we may be within catching decision of Chelsea if they didn't have Courtois. And now add in another 6 or 7 points to our tally from games we've managed to win via a DDG/Courtois in our team ........... we could have even scraped the league this season even with our poor start.

Getting Cech or Lloris if they're available is a no brainer. It's such an important position.

dostoy
05-05-2015, 01:56 PM
Surely there is no chance of Lloris because of who he plays for.

I can't see Chelsea selling Cech to us either.

Marc Overmars
05-05-2015, 02:00 PM
I'm quite happy with Ospina in all honesty. Let him have a full season next year and we'll see what he's truly made of.

Cech would be a pretty awesome signing but not one I really think we should be prioritising and holding out for.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-05-2015, 02:00 PM
Was listening to Arseblog Arsecast, and comparison was being made between Ramsey on the right and Ljungberg. I actually think that's a reasonable comparison, both overrated, neither great at tracking back, both largely ineffective when they are not scoring goals.
Although Ljungberg had more pace and was less prone to giving the ball away under no pressure.

Gooner23
05-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Was listening to Arseblog Arsecast, and comparison was being made between Ramsey on the right and Ljungberg. I actually think that's a reasonable comparison, both overrated, neither great at tracking back, both largely ineffective when they are not scoring goals.
Although Ljungberg had more pace and was less prone to giving the ball away under no pressure.

Ouch.

I rate Ramsey but we do lack width and balance when he's on the wing and Sanchez on the other. Yet Santi and Ozil are first names on the teamsheet in their current positions. When Ox is back does Ramsey drop to the bench?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Yes, but then I would rotate my squad more than Wenger. Ill give Ramsey this much, take away his infuriating tendency to try and be the unilateral hero and getting dispossessed, he has been quite effective when he has come off the bench. Against Man United in the cup, he ran a lot and was prepared to take a yellow for the team and in the second leg against Monaco he was the best player on the pitch for his twenty minute cameo.

fakeyank
05-05-2015, 04:31 PM
I would rotate a lot more as well. I'd give Theo some playing time and see if he is worth keeping or not. I'd also give Welbeck more time in the middle and give Santi some well needed rest.

Xhaka Can’t
06-05-2015, 02:02 PM
I think Wenger has made his mind up over Theo. I'd be surprised to see him on an Arsenal treatment table next season.

selassie
06-05-2015, 05:55 PM
I think Wenger has made his mind up over Theo. I'd be surprised to see him on an Arsenal treatment table next season.

If we can get 20-25 million for Theo then TBH we should take it and move him on, if it is to one of our rivals then so be it. This team has moved on and if I am honest I see no place for Theo in it, not now and not in the future.

IMO OX is a superior player and over time will have a much more successful career here. OX is very versatile too.

Don't get me wrong i think Theo is a useful player but he is simply too limited for the way this team is being built.

Globalgunner
06-05-2015, 06:17 PM
If we can get 20-25 million for Theo then TBH we should take it and move him on, if it is to one of our rivals then so be it. This team has moved on and if I am honest I see no place for Theo in it, not now and not in the future.

IMO OX is a superior player and over time will have a much more successful career here. OX is very versatile too.

Don't get me wrong i think Theo is a useful player but he is simply too limited for the way this team is being built.
Theo has one trick only. In 3 years time he wont have even that.

Master Splinter
06-05-2015, 06:48 PM
Theo has one trick only. In 3 years time he wont have even that.

Theo doesn't actually utilise his pace that well.

It's his movement that's his best attribute.

In games where we are likely to have space to play, Theo would be brilliant. Especially with our creative players really clicking into gear this season.

If we buy Reus or Lacazette, then selling him wouldn't be a problem. But as that's unlikely, it's best to keep a player who can offer double figure in goals and assists. Hopefully he gets some playing time in these last five games. If he did go to Citeh or Liverpool and tore shit up, it would be annoying to say the least.

fakeyank
06-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Theo is not going to cut it in any big team. He will have 3 years more of top level football.. after that he might as well hang up his boots. He has been at Arsenal for over 10 years and he has never done much to think he will ever 'tear shit up'. I would rather we invest in an 'up and coming Theo' aka Sterling than persist with him.

Master Splinter
06-05-2015, 07:57 PM
Sterling?

He's the new Barkley.

fakeyank
06-05-2015, 07:58 PM
That is still better than the old Walcott

Master Splinter
06-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Well no.

We'll agree to disagree.

Or agree to agree that you're comprehensively wrong.

fakeyank
06-05-2015, 08:14 PM
Or agree to agree that I am comprehensively wrong.

:gp:

Xhaka Can’t
06-05-2015, 09:05 PM
I don't want Sterling anywhere near this Club.

Niall_Quinn
06-05-2015, 09:55 PM
I don't want Fakeyank anywhere near this Club.

Master Splinter
06-05-2015, 10:15 PM

:gp: :gp:

Power n Glory
07-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Theo is not going to cut it in any big team. He will have 3 years more of top level football.. after that he might as well hang up his boots. He has been at Arsenal for over 10 years and he has never done much to think he will ever 'tear shit up'. I would rather we invest in an 'up and coming Theo' aka Sterling than persist with him.

You can't see Theo cutting it at Chelsea with their simple direct style of play? Deep defending in numbers and quick transition counter attacks with the least amount of passes possible instead of all the intricate plays.

Amazes me how Arsenal fans forget the times Theo's been our main player popping up with the important goal and assist when needed. He hasn't had a major slump in form he's been out injured for a year and hasn't won his spot back. Short memories around here.

Niall_Quinn
07-05-2015, 10:28 AM
Why are we suddenly looking to get rid of players now we have the squad depth we've always craved? I don't get it. It's a squad we're looking to build isn't it? Not a collection of big time charlies. The gypos did that and couldn't even buy back to back titles. Mercenaries don't last the distance, they win something and then they are ready for the next pay day. Theo is one of our longest serving players. He has Arsenal experience running through him. It would serve us to try to be integrating him into a rotating squad.

Our real problem is we have an inflexible manager who doesn't have enough imagination to fully utilise our squad.

selassie
07-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Well I am all for Theo sticking around/us keeping him if he is happy to play the part of a squad player, I just don't think we should make room for him in the team and we certainly shouldn't be bowing down to crazy wage demands.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Theo does deliver and he is a good player but I do feel that this is the strongest Arsenal team we have had for quite some time and I don't think Theo is good enough to be first choice, not even the Theo of a couple of years ago would be guaranteed to start in this team. Despite all that I don't actually want us to sell him if we don't need to, I accept that if we want to challenge the very best then we need the very best squad.

Bumble
07-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Well I am all for Theo sticking around/us keeping him if he is happy to play the part of a squad player, I just don't think we should make room for him in the team and we certainly shouldn't be bowing down to crazy wage demands.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Theo does deliver and he is a good player but I do feel that this is the strongest Arsenal team we have had for quite some time and I don't think Theo is good enough to be first choice, not even the Theo of a couple of years ago would be guaranteed to start in this team. Despite all that I don't actually want us to sell him if we don't need to, I accept that if we want to challenge the very best then we need the very best squad.

but I do think there is scope to rotate though. there are enough games in a season with injuries and suspensions to give everyone plenty of game time. we should be in a position where for example sanchez can be rested for a game here or there as at some point we will go past the first knock round in the CL so we need as many players match fit. I think Theo is a player that needs to be playing, I don't think he is an impact player. he also fits the home grown quota so that is always helpful.

also all the players are on silly wages and does not paying him silly wages really effect the fans as prices still stay the same or go up regardless and with the next mega TV deal. people shouldn't worry about wages and transfer fees because its not our money directly. if we don't spend money there is no correlation with what the fans pay.

Power n Glory
07-05-2015, 01:02 PM
We're currently shoehorning Ramsey into the winger position with Welbeck as backup, and Ox is out injured again. It amazes me that Theo isn't starting more games. We're not blessed with an abundance of talent on the wing. If Sanchez were to pick up an injury I'd be worried. Besides Ox, whose injury and inconsistent, who would you want playing on the wing? Welbeck? Ramsey? Wilshere?

fakeyank
07-05-2015, 05:43 PM
You can't see Theo cutting it at Chelsea with their simple direct style of play? Deep defending in numbers and quick transition counter attacks with the least amount of passes possible instead of all the intricate plays.

Amazes me how Arsenal fans forget the times Theo's been our main player popping up with the important goal and assist when needed. He hasn't had a major slump in form he's been out injured for a year and hasn't won his spot back. Short memories around here.

Frankly speaking, I dont think he will be good at Chelsea. His ball control is non-existent and his finishing isnt the greatest either. As for the important goal or assist, he hasnt done that consistently enough for me to want Arsenal to put an extra effort to keep him. I can remember Bendtner popping up with some important goals and assists in one of the seasons... that shouldnt be a reason for him to be at the club.

I think Sterling and him are on the save level but Sterling is younger, so there is room for improvement. Theo is near the end of his 'best career phase' and he also had an ACL surgery, which is one of the worst surgeries to have for a quick player.

Power n Glory
07-05-2015, 07:06 PM
Frankly speaking, I dont think he will be good at Chelsea. His ball control is non-existent and his finishing isnt the greatest either. As for the important goal or assist, he hasnt done that consistently enough for me to want Arsenal to put an extra effort to keep him. I can remember Bendtner popping up with some important goals and assists in one of the seasons... that shouldnt be a reason for him to be at the club.

I think Sterling and him are on the save level but Sterling is younger, so there is room for improvement. Theo is near the end of his 'best career phase' and he also had an ACL surgery, which is one of the worst surgeries to have for a quick player.

I don't know how many times I've rattled off Theo's stats on here but when he's fit and starting games he's usually one of our top goal scorers and one of the top goal scoring midfielders in the league. Not just over one season either. It's all there to find on Google.

As for Chelsea, you don't need to the tightest of touches like you do in ours when playing counterattack football. One pass over the top or a into space from Cesc, Theo runs on to it with pace and either takes it himself or squares it to Hazard or Costa. Very simple but effective. That suits Theo all day.

In our team, what's most likely to happen is that we'll get rid of Theo and the right wing will become the rotating hot seat position. Ramsey will get a go there, Welbeck will get a go and when Wilshere's fit he'll probably see games there and the same will happen for Ox when he gets back. I don't see Wenger replacing Theo. when Welbeck arrived, I said it was a wrap for Theo and it's a waste of development because in a few years will have Welbeck wanting a go as striker but his output on the wing will be far less than what Theo would do.

Penguin
08-05-2015, 06:54 PM
The bottom line is he wouldn't get a start for any of our rivals. Absolutely no chance of playing up front for any of them, and he'd be limited being a wide player coming off the bench (if he even makes the bench in some of those squads). I'm not sure he knows just how lucky he has been to have the kind of game time he has had for us in the past. So why should he start for us? Why should he be one of our top earners?

Now we've joined the rest of the pack in terms of squad depth and competition for places, and it's up to Theo to earn a place in the side. If he's not up for that challenge he's probably not the kind of person who'll win us trophies anyway.

fakeyank
08-05-2015, 07:01 PM

Power n Glory
08-05-2015, 10:21 PM
The bottom line is he wouldn't get a start for any of our rivals. Absolutely no chance of playing up front for any of them, and he'd be limited being a wide player coming off the bench (if he even makes the bench in some of those squads). I'm not sure he knows just how lucky he has been to have the kind of game time he has had for us in the past. So why should he start for us? Why should he be one of our top earners?

Now we've joined the rest of the pack in terms of squad depth and competition for places, and it's up to Theo to earn a place in the side. If he's not up for that challenge he's probably not the kind of person who'll win us trophies anyway.

All hypothetical. We have no idea what will happen with Theo's career beyond Arsenal. We can only speculate.

If we had a top class winger playing on the right, the sort of quality we have in Snachez, then i'd have no qualms about Theo being on the beach. But the fact is we've got Ramsey playing out of position with Welbeck as back up who has a poor goal scoring record and sent packing by Utd. I don't see either excelling in that position and we have to buy if Theo is sold.

Niall_Quinn
08-05-2015, 10:28 PM
Wenger has apparently spoken to both Theo and Jenks telling them both he wants them to stay at Arsenal.

GP
08-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Jenks :bow:

Theo :haha:

Kano
09-05-2015, 12:18 AM
Walcott would compliment Chelsea well I think, with Hazard carrying the ball from the left and Walcott being more direct on the opposite flank. Willian has real potential and creates a lot of space but lacks an end product a lot of the time. Although, the question mark over Theo - especially at a time when he is probably more anxious than ever about his future as a starter, let alone a striker - is working hard for the team. That is the most important thing Mourinho demands above all else. So added to Walcott's fragile injury, he'd have a tough time becoming that player.