24-05-2015, 04:21 PM
yeah

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2015, 04:24 PM
Turn up for one half again.

Master Splinter
24-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Exciting first half.

Theo with great movement and good finishing. Could have had six.

Wilshere superb.

Sanchez outstanding and a constant menace. Shame he's less composed than Ozil in the box now though.

Bellerin brilliant again. What a player. Fuck off Barcelona.

Arsenal at their best :bow:. Although it should have been 8-0 at least.

Then WUMger and Ospina tried their best to destroy all that momentum in one fell swoop.

One final flourish/flounder to go......

Kano
24-05-2015, 04:26 PM
45 mins that sneaked under the radar. Back to normal next week.

Penguin
24-05-2015, 04:35 PM
Well done Theo, it was a well deserved hat-trick. Surely deserves to start against Villa after that.

Wilshere was good too, as was Ramsey in his cameo at the end.

Ospina didn't have much to do but looked nervy every time the ball went near him. Go with Chesney for the final.

Power n Glory
24-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Hoping to see Walcott given more games as striker. It was only West Brom some will say but I have a feeling we'd have made it difficult for ourselves if we'd have started with Giroud.

Jack is looking like he's coming back to his best as well. What a strike. I'm hoping both get to play in the final.

Marc Overmars
24-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Explosive stuff in the first half then a predictable auto pilot for the 2nd, though we should have scored a couple more at least.

Theo's farewell gift. :rose:

On we go to Wembley. :sick:

The Emirates Gallactico
24-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Theo better be staying. No excuses Wenger.

Anyone got video of the lap of appreciation at the end? My stream cut to the Hull match once the whistle was blown.

Toronto Gooner
24-05-2015, 05:19 PM
IMO, the second half was an obvious consequence of the team being 4-0 up and players with their minds on next week's match.

The Emirates Gallactico
24-05-2015, 05:20 PM
AW: "With or without the hat-trick, we want Theo to stay. We have started negotiations."

AW: "Theo is the right age to play through the middle. I hope he stays free of injuries now."

AW: "I always said Theo can play through the middle because he has good movement and good finishing."

Hope he actually means it this time.

Letters
24-05-2015, 07:18 PM
IMO, the second half was an obvious consequence of the team being 4-0 up and players with their minds on next week's match.
Of course.
It was always going to be a duller 2nd half, it was job done and we've got the Cup Final.
Great first half, play like that next week and we'll thump Villa.

We won't, of course. It's going to be another horrible afternoon :sick:

AFC Leveller
24-05-2015, 08:06 PM
I think the manager deserves credit for changing things around ND freshening things ip. Theo and Jack gave us a spark that we lacked recently and their contribution was telling. West Bromwich are a tough side and have beaten some of the big team s recently as well. Good to see that cunt fletcher and tony the chav getting hammered for once
That is his 6th straight loss t arsenal.i.beleieve.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Theo better be staying. No excuses Wenger.

Anyone got video of the lap of appreciation at the end? My stream cut to the Hull match once the whistle was blown.

Theo was just smiling with his socks down walking around his or Kieran Gibbs' baby son....not quite sure, I'd guess it was Walcott's. Nothing really to see here....

AW: "With or without the hat-trick, we want Theo to stay. We have started negotiations."

AW: "Theo is the right age to play through the middle. I hope he stays free of injuries now."

AW: "I always said Theo can play through the middle because he has good movement and good finishing."

Hope he actually means it this time.
That's an interesting thing to say. He has committed himself to doing that now and will probably be called out on it if he doesn't.

Also if the 'playing through the middle' angle to the contract negotiations of a few years ago was the total rubbish every pundit and blogger has had us believe.....why is Wenger mentioning it at ALL now?

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Ramsey and Wilshere showed moments of absolute class, top level stuff. I'm convinced we have the best squad in the league in terms of talent. We need somebody to unlock it and coordinate it. Giroud will start in the final, so it was pretty shit of Wenger to haul Theo off. Why not give him the 90 minutes and a chance to knock another goal or two in?

Kano
24-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Theo was just smiling with his socks down walking around his or Kieran Gibbs' baby son....not quite sure, I'd guess it was Walcott's. Nothing really to see here....

That's an interesting thing to say. He has committed himself to doing that now and will probably be called out on it if he doesn't.

Also if the 'playing through the middle' angle to the contract negotiations of a few years ago was the total rubbish every pundit and blogger has had us believe.....why is Wenger mentioning it at ALL now?

Pressurising Walcott through praise and expectation whilst contract talks are talking place. Wenger probably thrives on being called out on stuff, driving him to prove people wrong, he won't care about these comments if he acts otherwise. Remember, he has said similar before now about his position. I just can't see him picking Fio ahead of Bif for most games. Although, I think a key part of Walcott staying is going to be about being played as a striker. If he doesn't believe that will happen, he'll be off. To be fair he has a point too. The stat thrown up at the end of the game was he has scored the last three prem hat tricks for us. The boy can score goals, he is only so effective on the wings because he'll never be a guy that can beat a man with skill and composure.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2015, 10:07 PM
The stat thrown up at the end of the game was he has scored the last three prem hat tricks for us.

Last two, RvC got three prior to that.

Kano
24-05-2015, 10:15 PM
Show-off

And RVC's goals have been struck from the record, so no longer count.

Munchies
24-05-2015, 10:17 PM
WHo starts in the fa cup final as striker then?

Got to be Feo

Kano
24-05-2015, 10:20 PM
Which means it'll be the opposite.

Ospina

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2015, 10:22 PM
Show-off

And RVC's goals have been struck from the record, so no longer count.

Fair point.

Theo :bow: (unless he leaves)

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2015, 10:23 PM
WHo starts in the fa cup final as striker then?

Got to be Feo

Is Sanogo's loan finished now? If so...

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Pressurising Walcott through praise and expectation whilst contract talks are talking place. Wenger probably thrives on being called out on stuff, driving him to prove people wrong, he won't care about these comments if he acts otherwise. Remember, he has said similar before now about his position. I just can't see him picking Fio ahead of Bif for most games. Although, I think a key part of Walcott staying is going to be about being played as a striker. If he doesn't believe that will happen, he'll be off. To be fair he has a point too. The stat thrown up at the end of the game was he has scored the last three prem hat tricks for us. The boy can score goals, he is only so effective on the wings because he'll never be a guy that can beat a man with skill and composure.

I'm sure Wenger thrives on proving people wrong.....we all do, but I think it is probably a stretch to suggest that he thrives on being openly and impudently questioned about what he does, so much so that he would contrive a way to encourage it.

I am a Theo fan and grow tired at the revisionist attitude to doing him down many have taken to this season......However, he isn't going to walk into any top club worth being at and dictate playing through the middle. So it would be foolish for him to walk on that basis. He re signed last time because he got a better deal and came to agreement with the club and that was without forcing anyone's hand about playing through the middle.

In pre season he was quoted as saying something along the lines of 'Can't wait till me and Sanchez can play together down the wings......Arsenal will be a force...blah blah blah'. I suspect he has made some peace with playing wide, even if it isn't his ideal situation.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2015, 10:31 PM
I'm sure Wenger thrives on proving people wrong.....we all do, but I think it is probably a stretch to suggest that he thrives on being openly and impudently questioned about what he does, so much so that he would contrive a way to encourage it.

I am a Theo fan and grow tired at the revisionist attitude to doing him down many have taken to this season......However, he isn't going to walk into any top club worth being at and dictate playing through the middle. So it would be foolish for him to walk on that basis. He re signed last time because he got a better deal and came to agreement with the club and that was without forcing anyone's hand about playing through the middle.

In pre season he was quoted as saying something along the lines of 'Can't wait till me and Sanchez can play together down the wings......Arsenal will be a force...blah blah blah'. I suspect he has made some peace with playing wide, even if it isn't his ideal situation.

Best way for Theo to guarantee a starting spot at centre is to make it impossible for the manager to do anything else. It's up to the player ultimately.

Kano
24-05-2015, 10:37 PM

I wouldn't say he'd contrive a situation just for that to happen but going by the last five years (or more) he is certainly happy to slap down his experience card over anyone who questions his worn out methods. Of course, we're all just a bunch of mongs carping on about the perfect scenario whilst he lives and breathes it everyday but he hasn't earned the WUMger tag without reason (it doesn't just exist on this forum).

Theo would do best to stay here as you say, although I do think either of the Manc clubs would take him - and ironically probably play him wide too. In our team he can score from wide right but the problem is like nearly everyone else, he wants to come inside far too often and while that suits Wenger's idea of how football should be played, it's just another facet of our current style that prevents us from pushing on. Given the choice I'd rather keep him but I think he'll he off this summer.

Power n Glory
24-05-2015, 11:36 PM

Stick around here a bit longer. By next season you'll get the same fans questioning Theo's worth to the team. Happens all the time when he's had a spell out. He needs to stay fit. Been saying for year's we should be playing him as striker so he can get used to the different challenges. On games like today, he's lethal and we haven't got a striker in the squad capable of putting relentless pressure on a defence like that.

Syn
24-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Good time for Wilshere to finally get sharp. Gives us a chance to sell the talentless little shit to Man City. That's if he hasn't smoked his way there already. Hahahahahahahahahaahahahah

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
25-05-2015, 05:28 AM
Best way for Theo to guarantee a starting spot at centre is to make it impossible for the manager to do anything else. It's up to the player ultimately.

I just don't reckon he will be able to. I still think it is too much to ask a player of his relative stature in the modern game these days. It is almost unprecedented at the top level.

That is not to say that if he played as a striker an entire season he would not get 15-20 league goals though. I suspect that like today he would fill his boots with certain teams and really struggle with others. So the question comes, whether or not that is acceptable.

AFC Leveller
25-05-2015, 06:48 AM
Stick around here a bit longer. By next season you'll get the same fans questioning Theo's worth to the team. Happens all the time when he's had a spell out. He needs to stay fit. Been saying for year's we should be playing him as striker so he can get used to the different challenges. On games like today, he's lethal and we haven't got a striker in the squad capable of putting relentless pressure on a defence like that.

If we had started bif today. I can almost guarantee the result would have been the same as the last couple of home games, struggles to score, bif looming hapless and west Bromwich growing in confidence as the game goes on. Theo took his goals.realy well and his striker's instinct is still there after a year out

I'd start him in the final.

Letters
25-05-2015, 10:32 AM
I seriously don't understand how people's opinions about players can turn on a sixpence after one off good or poor performances.

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2015, 10:45 AM
I seriously don't understand how people's opinions about players can turn on a sixpence after one off good or poor performances.

Because, unlike the manager, people understand form and momentum and how they affect the players and the results.

Power n Glory
25-05-2015, 10:50 AM

You'd pick Giroud for the cup final after an 8 run without a goal?

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2015, 10:59 AM
You'd pick Giroud for the cup final after an 8 run without a goal?

Giroud might be upset if he's not picked. Football is about making sure your favourite players are happy even if it means victimising the rest.

Letters
25-05-2015, 11:05 AM
That doesn't make him a suddenly bad player, when he first came back he was scoring 'for fun' as they say. All strikers go through barren patches sometimes. I can see a case for starting Walcott next week but as good as Walcott was yesterday it doesn't follow that he'll repeat it next week. If he doesn't start he'll be on the bench and will be able to make an impact if he comes on.

I can see Saturday being a frustrating game whoever plays tbh. It would be nice to do what we did yesterday and blitz them but I can't see it. Cup Finals are pretty much never like that.

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2015, 11:27 AM
That doesn't make him a suddenly bad player, when he first came back he was scoring 'for fun' as they say. All strikers go through barren patches sometimes. I can see a case for starting Walcott next week but as good as Walcott was yesterday it doesn't follow that he'll repeat it next week. If he doesn't start he'll be on the bench and will be able to make an impact if he comes on.

I can see Saturday being a frustrating game whoever plays tbh. It would be nice to do what we did yesterday and blitz them but I can't see it. Cup Finals are pretty much never like that.

Absolutely nobody said he was a bad player. You take a statement about form and then exaggerate and build your counterpoint on the result. Giroud has been vital during key stages of the season, nobody can deny that. Right now he looks tired and he's out of form. We need to win the cup to rescue an otherwise disappointing season filled with wasted possibilities. So we should start with the players who are on form. But not only that, we should be looking to shake things up a bit and provide a few surprises for Villa. Last thing we want to do is rely on that horribly predictable set up and style that Wenger persists with. Let's not gift Villa in such a way.

GP
25-05-2015, 11:46 AM

Play them both in their best positions.

Giroud up top, Theo on the right.

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Play them both in their best positions.

Giroud up top, Theo on the right.

That means one from Cazorla, Ozil or Alexis has to go. He won't do that. He'd be more likely to drop Coquelin and that would be a very bad idea.

The Emirates Gallactico
25-05-2015, 12:15 PM
I don't think it's a question of saying either one of Giroud of Theo is better than the other. Both are really good and are capable of goal scoring runs and probably having absolute stinkers as well. Both have different strengths and weaknesses as well and the opponents qualities as well as form should dictate who should start.

Obviously I'm not in anyway implying he's on that level yet so no one take my head off, but the way Theo played yesterday reminded me of an Aguero or Suarez. The movement, the sharpeness, the terrorising of the defence at every moment ......... he could become our version of that player, something we've been calling out for ages.

As for the cup final: given how awful Villa's defence has been the past two matches and the slowness of Vlaar (he makes BFG look like Usain Bolt tbh) I'd be tempted to start Theo now. However if it isn't working, he can always bring on Giroud from the bench.

The Emirates Gallactico
25-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Lap of appreciation for those saddo's interested in it:

http://arsenalist.com/f/2014-15/arsenal-vs-west-brom/lap-of-appreciation.html

- Flamini seems to be BFF'ing Ozil. Maybe he thinks that's how he'll stay at the club.
- Apparently Arteta's kids were really good (at football). Future signings.
- Bif and Jack's kids were crying throughout. Probably intimidated by the noise and the crowd.
- Gibbs' kids look well old for his age. Must have done a Sterling.
- lol at the WBA fans who stayed behind to take pictures of the Arsenal players
- Apparently Ox stayed behind for an extra hour to take autographs and selfies with every fan who wanted one. A modern day man of the people. Legend

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Apparently Ox stayed behind for an extra hour to take autographs and selfies with every fan who wanted one. A modern day man of the people. Legend

Did he get rid of that agent yet? He needs to do that sharpish.

Globalgunner
25-05-2015, 01:15 PM
And he can sing a bit too.

Power n Glory
25-05-2015, 02:35 PM
Absolutely nobody said he was a bad player. You take a statement about form and then exaggerate and build your counterpoint on the result. Giroud has been vital during key stages of the season, nobody can deny that. Right now he looks tired and he's out of form. We need to win the cup to rescue an otherwise disappointing season filled with wasted possibilities. So we should start with the players who are on form. But not only that, we should be looking to shake things up a bit and provide a few surprises for Villa. Last thing we want to do is rely on that horribly predictable set up and style that Wenger persists with. Let's not gift Villa in such a way.

Letter's does the same with the Wenger debate. Brings up something nobody says and avoids a very simple and direct question.

Penguin
25-05-2015, 04:29 PM
- Apparently Ox stayed behind for an extra hour to take autographs and selfies with every fan who wanted one. A modern day man of the people. Legend

Yeah I saw that

Ox :bow: :clap: