PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction vs Aston Villa (neutral).

McNamara That Ghost...
30-05-2015, 07:00 PM
12 times winners.

Not bad.

:bow:

Maestro
30-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Very good performance today and no fuck ups from the manager, great day all round

some silver is better than no silver, we really need to go for the league now

Master Splinter
30-05-2015, 07:07 PM
Arsenal :bow:.

Wenger :bow:.

Feo :bow:.

Alexis :bow:.

BFG :bow:.

Bif :bow:.

Cazorla :bow:.

12 times :bow:.

Glorious football :bow:.

fakeyank
30-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Best team in the milky way tbh :bow:

#WengerIn! :bow:

Master Splinter
30-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Should have been about 8-0, but little bit churlish to be disappointed with a performance like that in a final.

Cazorla, Coquelin, Ozil, Sanchez, Monreal and Bellerin were outstanding. Everyone else was very, very good.

Slow, immobile Mertesacker and soft-centred Arsenal weren't exposed by the PACE and POWER of the dreaded Villa forwards.

Villa didn't even lay a feather on us. Two shots. Non on-target. No corners. No chances.

The ref was obviously shit. Delph should have been off in the first half and they should have had double the bookings they did have. He also should have given Villa a pelanty.

milla
30-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Very good performance today and no fuck ups from the manager, great day all round

some silver is better than no silver, we really need to go for the league now

I believe the players know that as well. Santi and Per were talking about taking a full break this summer and coming back fresh for the next season. If we add one truly world class CF to compliment current setup, we can definitely take the league. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
30-05-2015, 07:51 PM
For me this was all about that goal by Giggs and a critical turning point where Villa were denied a penalty that was a dive outside the box. Ruined the day for me.

Oh no wait... that's not me, it's the BBC.

For me:

Wenger actually made the right call with the team selection and it meant we started the game all over Villa and never let up. Ozil and Santi had runners to pass to. That seemed to make a 100% difference.

Talking of Ozil and Santi. Superb. The effortless way these two take the ball and then move it on (when there is something to move it on to) is pure fun to watch.

Coquelin was excellent for the 90 mins too. He got that fouling turd Delph and wrapped him, then sellotaped him and tied on a pretty bow, bagged him, sprinkled on some fake snow and tucked him away in his pocket. We won't see him again until Christmas.

Theo probably doesn't know what he's doing at any given time but whatever it is he does certainly terrorises defences. That poor sap in central defence for Villa had a horrified expression on his face the whole game. Great finish for the first goal and really should have had another hattrick but it was vital to make the breakthrough before the half.

Ches and the back four were probably decent. Hard to tell because they were isolated the whole time with no Villa attack to worry about. What they did they did calmly enough. Ches went walkabouts on a couple of occasions but that's normal with him. Merts can defend okay but his distribution is woeful. Kos, best defender in the league by a mile, had a nice and well earned day off, conveniently being able to handle Villa's alleged forwards in his sleep.

Ramsey wasn't very good. I don't mind on a day like this but it's a fact, he was pretty poor.

Which brings me to Alexis. That goal was just like the old Arsenal, a jump out of your seat moment where you can't quite believe what you have seen and need to double check. What an incredible player, not just for the goal but his overall game. The effort he puts in is astonishing. You have shit like FIFA in the news all week (what football has become) and then you have Alexis at the extreme opposite end (what football should be about). Alexis reminds us (the poor punters) why we are all so invested in this game.

Then Bif scores to further remind us his contribution this season shouldn't be overlooked. At the end of last season he was out, better striker needed. But he rode all that shit and came back to score some vital goals for us this year. Strong chance he'll do the same next, this time hopefully with a fit Welbz and Theo as competition. I'm not sure we need more than we already have, just need to keep them fit and hope the manager figures out how to use them all. We could have signed Falcao, sometimes appreciate what you already have. If Benteke is £32mill then Bif is £50mill and so is Theo.

Ref was way too lenient. Delph could only compete by fouling, he should have had several cards. Alexis was targeted as usual. If they had a penalty denied then we had two waved away. The one where Kos was almost stripped naked in the first half and the handball in the second. In truth penalty claims didn't enter into the final analysis. We destroyed them.

For the poor old BBC claiming Villa didn't show up - bullshit! Yes they did. It's just we got on their case from the first minute and didn't let up. The gulf in class was exploited. Those Villa players showed up alright, but they couldn't handle what showed up to meet them. Any chance we can give the team who just won a cup final 4-0 a little bit of credit and respect? No, I didn't think so.

Didn;t watch it with you ugly mugs here on GW - watched with my 8 year old who was all decked out on his red and white and looking forward to his second cup final since he started to appreciate and understand footie. Two finals, two wins. Now that's spoiled.

A happy day. When the manager and the players perform like that and there's a trophy at the end of it - happy day.

Niall_Quinn
30-05-2015, 08:04 PM
LOL - that win has upset a few:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3103833/Arsenal-4-0-Aston-Villa-Theo-Walcott-Alexis-Sanchez-Mertesacker-Olivier-Giroud-net-Arsene-Wenger-s-stroll-second-successive-FA-Cup-final-victory.html

It was our money what won it lads!

And BUY the way - the chavs are magnificent, magnificent I tell ya.

The ratings: :haha:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3103968/Alexis-Sanchez-shows-class-Cup-stroll-Christian-Benteke-endures-frustrating-final-PLAYER-RATINGS.html

Knowing the DM is chewing a wasp makes the day even happier.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Happy Happy Happy.....the whole fam was decked out in Arsenal garb from morning till now.......3 year old son insisted on going to bed in his shirt (actually fell asleep on sofa in it but means the same......)

I can't help raving about what a difference 'a bit of Coq' has brought to the team......the way he goes about his business and STICKS to the task, the things he is good at, is exactly what we needed to balance ourselves out. The pundits say we won't win the league with our Giroud as our first choice striker and I can go along with that but that does not mean I want him gone........he is still underrated by a lot of people, including GWs.

The same question can be asked about Coq, he must stay, to the detriment of Flams and Arteta but I would like to see another thrown in the mix and let the battle commerce on who takes that all important DM position, we don't have to go for a goal scoring type, Coq has shown us how the job needs to be done however that's not to say we should t look for goals.....paper reports throw out Morgan and Vidal and a possible double swoop......if we have the money then why not? But a crowded midfield will be created and will have to be managed.....which I not sure we are good at or have the experience up till now of managing

AFC Leveller
30-05-2015, 08:28 PM
The best performance of the season and our class players shone throughout.

When we play like that AND win things, there is no better team in this country and everyone knows it.

LDG
30-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Best performance for fucking years.

Nailed it.

Well done.

Made up.

selassie
30-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Brilliant performance! We really turned up today, pretty much everybody put in a BIG performance. I really like this team, I see huge potential in it and I don't think we need much to really push for the title, in fact I think we will push for the title next season even without any additions.

Marc Overmars
30-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Dominated from start to finish. Could not have dreamed of a better performance.

Pitch invasion at the Emirates. :bow:

Alexis. :bow:

Arsenal. :bow:

Wenget. :bow:

Marc Overmars
30-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Theo :bow:

BFG :bow:

Bif :bow:

12 times. :bow:

AFC Leveller
30-05-2015, 09:37 PM
For those of us who said cesc would have been a better signing than Ozil, i think we aere a little bit hesitant and didnt give him enough time to adapt.

He was injured in his first season, then went and won the WC and got injured again so it was always gonna be tough to shine but sinc ehe has come back he has been world class and shown the kinda form he did at Real Madrid.

2 trophies in 2 years, Cesc, 0 trophies in 7/8 years.

fari
30-05-2015, 10:07 PM
i like how we came out and played freely this year unlike last year when we had the handbrake on. total domination today, wow, what a game.

Munchies
30-05-2015, 10:16 PM

That GW header needs updating too :lol:

Arsenal :scarf:

Munchies
30-05-2015, 10:20 PM
different angles of the Alexis goal

http://www.gfycat.com/DefiniteGiantBushsqueaker

Munchies
30-05-2015, 10:25 PM
oh and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwjGI9FU6jo&feature=youtu.be

:music:

Maestro
30-05-2015, 10:31 PM
was good to see ox with an assist, after his injury which robbed us of balance and another attacking threat. i feel the boy just needs a more decent end product, and he's good to go ....he was coming on quite well before his injury.

Toronto Gooner
30-05-2015, 10:35 PM
A great game. Wonderful way to end the season.

Dein-machine
30-05-2015, 10:35 PM
I'm pissed off - nothing for me to moan about, even Wenger -this could only happen if we were awesome. We were.

Marc Overmars
31-05-2015, 12:06 AM
It was flawless.

Villa tried to do what the pub teams do against us and sit back, but really they probably would have been better off playing to their strengths and hitting us on the counter.

We utterly dominated them. About as one sided a game you'll ever see.

12 fucking times.

GP
31-05-2015, 02:25 AM
I've been so drunk.

Drunk as fuck.

Goodnight all.

A Gunner
31-05-2015, 05:43 AM
The game was awesome, just finished watching it again!

I mean literally everyone contributed, the last goal was the 3 subs!

Everything went right!!!

LDG
31-05-2015, 07:10 AM
Walking down wembley way with everyone singing happy birthday steven gerrard was hilarious :lol:

Power n Glory
31-05-2015, 07:37 AM
Fantastic result. Beat the shit out of them!

Really hoping we give Theo a regular place up front. His movement is fantastic and we get chances when he plays so it's not all possession and no end product. Yet again, scores in a big game. Great end to the season for him and especially after missing out on last season's FA Cup win.

Sanchez is a beast! That goal was fire. Blazed in from a far distance and one of those goals that has you standing in disbelief. Special player and so glad we signed him.

12th FA cup! 2 in a row and done with comfort and ease this time. Great way to end the season!

Letters
31-05-2015, 07:49 AM
"JA, GUNNERS, JA!!" - Ozil :lol:

No one who speaks German could be an evil man
:patrice:

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2015, 07:54 AM
The parade starts at 11am I believe. :popcorn:

AFC Leveller
31-05-2015, 08:06 AM
I loved the way we played on the counter after the 3rd goal, Theo's movement was so good and his pace is so hard to play against. Ozil's passing is pure clas, the timing, the weight, the way he disguises it...what a player.

Bumble
31-05-2015, 08:25 AM
An excellent performance totally domination despite the corrupt officiating denying them a penalty and a free kick at 3-0 down. Or is it only corrupt when against us.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2015, 09:53 AM
They're showing the parade on SSN, well bits of it.

Continuous coverage on Arsenal Player.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
31-05-2015, 09:53 AM
Fantastic result. Beat the shit out of them!

Really hoping we give Theo a regular place up front. His movement is fantastic and we get chances when he plays so it's not all possession and no end product. Yet again, scores in a big game. Great end to the season for him and especially after missing out on last season's FA Cup win.

Sanchez is a beast! That goal was fire. Blazed in from a far distance and one of those goals that has you standing in disbelief. Special player and so glad we signed him.

12th FA cup! 2 in a row and done with comfort and ease this time. Great way to end the season!

I think people have it in their heads that the only way for Theo to score or the least the only use of him is for somebody to hoof the ball over the oppositions high back line and for Theo to run on to it....... That for me is a juvenile simplistic reading of his talents and none of the last 4 goals he has JUST scored were scored like that from my memory..... and he could have had another hat trick yesterday.

Up the Arse!....That's the way to do it.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2015, 09:56 AM
Wilshere already on the beers. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2015, 10:01 AM
I think Santi has a Domino's Pizza cap on.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 10:28 AM
I'm still recovering from last night.

ugghhh it's raining there. Hopefully it doesn't deter the crowds.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 10:31 AM
The Old lady superfan :bow::bow:

Goes to every single Arsenal game. Mens, ladies and even U21's.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2015, 10:33 AM
BFG's singing. :blink:

Shouldn't be allowed on this early.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 10:36 AM
FFS Arsenal player, show the lads on the bus instead of the two in the studio!!!!!

Might have to hunt a SSN stream instead

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 10:38 AM
And it seems they've listened to my advice :bow:

Giroud catching that shirt asking why he's so gorgeous :haha::haha:

Marc Overmars
31-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Was planning to go to the parade but I'm ruined after yesterday.

Can't do all day drinking anymore. :rose:

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Was planning to go to the parade but I'm ruined after yesterday.

Can't do all day drinking anymore. :rose:

Old man MO. :rose:

Same thing for me though as well. :cry:

You're probably not as wasted as Jack mind you.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2015, 10:41 AM
It did make me laugh with Ox drinking water and Wilshere drinking beer.

Ever the professional Ox. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Real life Minecraft at the stadium :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Bif interview. :bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Winterburn being intereviewd on teh Arsenal player feed.

Seems like I need to change to the SSN feed instead.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2015, 10:53 AM
I'm sure I have said this before but Arsenal Player is so crap - showing the Theo interview from over half an hour ago.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Recorded it Theo? :lol:

It's on Iplayer mate! Get with the 21st century!

Edit - Arsenal Player :doh:

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 10:58 AM
Pires :bow:

Munchies
31-05-2015, 10:59 AM
https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/604964204261568512

Munchies
31-05-2015, 11:02 AM
As they're mentioning, how good has Monreal been?

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Well he's not becoming a cricket player any time soon.

Marc Overmars
31-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Love that we're parading the cup again. I honestly think we've added some prestige back to this competition, from the FA's perspective to have a big club celebrate it like we've been doing is great. You can bet everyone will be itching to take our trophy away now.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 11:04 AM

Amazing. Him and Bellerin were boss yesterday. Gave us width and stopped Villa getting in behind.

I think Sherear and teh MOTD pundits also highlighted his involvement in the second goal in getting Sanchez space with his run.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Love that we're parading the cup again. I honestly think we've added some prestige back to this competition, from the FA's perspective to have a big club celebrate it like we've been doing is great. You can bet everyone will be itching to take our trophy away now.

It's also fantastic in the sense that the enjoyment of these open top bus parades must hopefully inspire the boys to try and have one every year!!

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 11:09 AM
Parlour has paused his post match celebrations to appear on Arsenal TV.

Ollie the Optimist
31-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Sanchez's goal alone deserved to win the final. In a massive game, everyone turned up. Everyone was outstanding and Wenger got every single decision right. What i really loved at the end was although the players were celebrating (and deservedly so) they all came out saying next season they want the league. A good rest for them all now and a full preseason, get some big signings in and there is no doubting we can really push chelsea. Since January this year we have been the best team, just need to push on and make our form last all season.

Also, how good does it feel knowing that to win the cup, Welbeck scored at old trafford to knock united out. Makes it that bit sweeter after the van persie episode

Injury Time
31-05-2015, 11:11 AM
Back to yesterday, a final I could actually enjoy :faint:, the villa fans are somewhat extreme of nice friendly guys, bit of banta and a chat, to the pissed up bitter cunts giving it large post match, one was in my face giving it the fuck Arsenal/two fingers etc...I couldn't help reply shouldn't that be four fingers?

:clap: to those Villa fans that stayed for their team...maybe a couple thousand, and for the fire drill only been to the final this season lot :pal:

The ref didn't wait until the 85th minute to get his card out for a change, and yes he could've don't it earlier but I don't think that is the normal practise these days.

Ramsay was stoned or something, his fitness was shot, all the others were little bit terrorising Villa, finally learned that keeping the pressure on/ chase down works. Next season who knows which Arsenal will turn up, anyway well done and history made :bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Jack still looks completely smashed :lol:

Marc Overmars
31-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Jack still looks completely smashed :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGVIN6yWcAAoAlB.jpg

AFC Leveller
31-05-2015, 11:17 AM

I used to agree with NQ when he used to say he was a turd but i he has been one of our best players this season and has made that LB spot his own. Used to suffer agsinst pace but his positioning has improved a lot and he provides a real outlet in attack.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 11:19 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGVIN6yWcAAoAlB.jpg

:haha::haha:

GHELS for life :bow::bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 11:20 AM
I used to agree with NQ when he used to say he was a turd.

NQ :lol:

A shocker from him. :lol:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
31-05-2015, 11:25 AM

Monreal was turd last season, had a great season this one though

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 11:27 AM
I think it's nice Arsenal TV have hired a mentally handicapped person as a presenter.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Abdul :bow::bow:

Hope Farage isn't around

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 11:28 AM

I kill you!

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Those eight crates of beer were just for Wilshere.

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Those eight crates of beer were just for Wilshere.

To tide him over on his way to the bar.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2015, 11:42 AM
They're at Islington Town Hall. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Arsenal TV managing to make the celebrations dull and irritating. Think I'll tune out until them arrives at least.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 11:43 AM
They should play some music or something to get the crowd pumped up at least until teh players arrive! :lol:

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 11:48 AM
No wonder Jack looks worse for wear .... he was out till 6 am with the rest of the GHEL's in the team celebrating

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3104529/Jack-Wilshere-leads-celebrations-Arsenal-stars-party-night-second-consecutive-FA-Cup-victory-Wembley.html

Power n Glory
31-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Monreal was turd last season, had a great season this one though

Monreal wasn't turd last season either. His good performances went unnoticed and his mistakes were highlighted.

It was the same for Coquelin. A lot of his performances prior to this season went unnoticed and when I said he deserved a shot, some were saying he found his level at the Championships, couldn't cut it in Germany or something along those lines.

Sometimes we're too quick to write off players that have only had sporadic appearances in the first team.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Did anyone else catch Vlaar basically assault Koscienly on teh corner that BFG scored from? Guy has his shirt basically pulled off. :lol:

Should have been a pen if BFG didn't score.

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 12:06 PM
LOL - they cut Giroud's goal off :haha: couldn't spare the 4 seconds it would have taken.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Are the players deliberately going on slowly to get a bigger applause? :lol:

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Did anyone else catch Vlaar basically assault Koscienly on teh corner that BFG scored from? Guy has his shirt basically pulled off. :lol:

Should have been a pen if BFG didn't score.

He did that several times during the game and if you notice Kos was wearing a seriously tight shirt so they must have planned for that type of "defending".

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 12:09 PM
I think we might have king of the chavs with our Jack.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Flamini gets the quietest cheer :lol:

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 12:12 PM
BIF taking selfies on the stage!

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 12:13 PM
Bif announced as the 12th man? Oops.

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 12:13 PM
Flamini gets the quietest cheer :lol:

That was a bit shitty really.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 12:16 PM
What happened to Pharrel's "Happy"?

That's usually the standard song for this.

The Emirates Gallactico
Jack leading the "What do we think of Tottenham chants" :haha::haha:

Thought he learned from last year.

Niall_Quinn
Jack :doh: He's done it again

:doh:

He's done it again, he's done it agaaaain, Jack Wilshere, He's done it agaian :doh:

Munchies
31-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Jack :haha: :bow:

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 12:17 PM
WTF? That's not worthy of cutting the feed!!

FFS Arsenal player you cunts! Worst than the BBC!

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 12:18 PM
lol Arsenal player go back to the feed when BFG comes on.

They know there's no chance of any swear words with him on. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 12:19 PM
WTF? That's not worthy of cutting the feed!!

FFS Arsenal player you cunts! Worst than the BBC!

It's a corporate game now - think of the kids and their parent's willingness to buy them shirts!

Really though, the spuds don't warrant a mention on a day like this. It's a bit small time from Jack. I'd have preferred it if he called RvC a cunt.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Wilshere is the drunkard, of course he's going to swear!

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Theo "will continue to work with" the best squad he's seen since he's been at Arsenal.

Sounds like he wants to stay.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Hopefully.

Liverpool is a step down, he can't be assured games at Man City, Utd have just signed Depay and Chelsea don't play football.

His future is here. Fuck off Sterling.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2015, 12:26 PM
BFG and Theo with the bro bumps. :haha:

The Emirates Gallactico
Is that it? It was a bit short tbh.

Niall_Quinn
Hopefully.

Liverpool is a step down, he can't be assured games at Man City, Utd have just signed Depay and Chelsea don't play football.

His future is here. Fuck off Sterling.

Certainly the best way to open contract negotiations with him.

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 12:27 PM

Jack needs to get back to the bar.

Ollie the Optimist
31-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Wilshere starting the "my old man said be a tottenham fan" chant is deserving of a statue. Incredible stuff :haha:

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Remember it being longer last year. :blink:

Probably cut it short cos of the rain.

Ollie the Optimist
31-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Remember it being longer last year. :blink:

Probably cut it short cos of the rain.

nah think they cut it short because they couldn't risk Jack offending everyone. Probably would have started a fuck off mourinho chant if he had the mic longer

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Well that's that.

Off to watch the BBC coverage for the third time on Iplayer and to read every single news article and opinion on it.

#SundaysAfterYouWonTheCup

Ollie the Optimist
31-05-2015, 01:01 PM
also lets not forget the role Michael Oliver played in our retaining of the cup. First referee to remember how to referee a game at old trafford

LDG
31-05-2015, 01:10 PM
Jeez. Just woke up again after an extended nap....

Drinking to excess. Not what it used to be :sick:

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Jeez. Just woke up again after an extended nap....

Drinking to excess. Not what it used to be :sick:

The secret is to drink every day, if you let your discipline slip for just a couple of days then there's a price to pay.

topgun
31-05-2015, 01:54 PM
Too busy celebrating yesterday to post this but I watched the game on BT sport and I thought i'd heard it all in football commentary ,but both Andy Townsend and Steve McManaman had the gaul to say that the Sanchez strike was in fact not one of the great FA cup goals but a howler from the keeper takes the biscuit.

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 02:18 PM
BT Sport :lol:

Glad there was BBC coverage though they did kind of cut the post trophy lift celebrations short.

Btw

http://i.imgur.com/bRR2hNo.png

Can't say he doesn't have a sense of humour. :lol:

GP
31-05-2015, 02:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGRhY1EXEAAkS3P.jpg

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Too busy celebrating yesterday to post this but I watched the game on BT sport and I thought i'd heard it all in football commentary ,but both Andy Townsend and Steve McManaman had the gaul to say that the Sanchez strike was in fact not one of the great FA cup goals but a howler from the keeper takes the biscuit.

Give them a break, their team had just gone 2-0 down in a cup final.

Letters
31-05-2015, 03:20 PM

You sound like my wife <_<

AFC Leveller
31-05-2015, 03:27 PM
Jack is a legend.

Marc Overmars
31-05-2015, 04:36 PM

Howler my arse. It moved all over the place and swerved well away from Given, no one is saving that.

Ollie the Optimist
31-05-2015, 04:43 PM

no keeper in the world saves that. It was past given before he even had time to react.

but then bt sport said arsenal only beat liverpool 4-1 because their keeper practically scored 4 own goals. Refused to credit arsenal at all

LDG
31-05-2015, 06:32 PM
https://vine.co/v/ehz5tuxTgxH

:haha:

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 06:35 PM
Well the rags (and a surprising one at that) have picked up on the Jack story

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/31/arsenal-wilshere-anti-spurs-victory-parade

Arsenal’s Wilshere in foul-mouthed anti-Spurs outburst on FA Cup parade

• Midfielder sings series of anti-Spurs songs during open-top bus tour
• Arsenal in-house media channel interrupts broadcast to apologise

The Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere mocked the club’s north London rivals Tottenham in a foul-mouthed outburst during the FA Cup winners’ victory parade on Sunday.

Many thousands of Arsenal fans had braved the rain to cheer the squad as they went on open-top buses from the Emirates Stadium to Islington Town Hall, celebrating the club’s record 12th FA Cup victory after successfully retaining the trophy with a 4-0 win over Aston Villa at Wembley.

The damp conditions had not put off any of the Gunners faithful from waiting patiently for several hours for the team’s return to the Emirates Stadium, where the captain, Mikel Arteta, and vice-captain, Per Mertesacker, presented the FA Cup on stage.

As the players, who were pictured celebrating in London after their victory on Saturday, revelled in the atmosphere, Wilshere took to the microphone, in a repeat of a scenario from 12 months ago.

The 23-year-old, who has come through the youth ranks at Arsenal, started a chant mocking Tottenham, asking the crowd: “I have one question, and one question only: what do we think of Tottenham?” before adding: “And what do we think of shit?”, then joining in as the crowd sang back: “We hate Tottenham and we hate Tottenham … we are the Tottenham haters.”

Wilshere then continued with another Arsenal song, as supporters joined in the shouts of: “It has happened again, Tottenham Hotspur, it has happened again”.

The microphone was then taken off Wilshere but he retrieved it, saying: “We have got one more.”

As the England international then started the chant “My old man said be a Tottenham fan …”, which when sang in full includes more expletives aimed at Spurs, Arsenal broke off from the live broadcast on their in-house media channel. The studio presenter immediately apologised for any offence caused by the player’s remarks.

Although not broadcast, the Arsenal supporters responded with chants of “Super Jack Wilshere”.

It remains to be seen whether Wilshere will face any action from the Football Association for his outburst.

Wilshere came off the bench after 77 minutes against Villa, and was involved in the goal for Olivier Giroud in stoppage time, as the Gunners recorded the biggest FA Cup final winning margin in more than 20 years.

lol especially at the bold. If the FA charges him then truly football is dead.

Ollie the Optimist
31-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Well the rags (and a surprising one at that) have picked up on the Jack story

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/31/arsenal-wilshere-anti-spurs-victory-parade

lol especially at the bold. If the FA charges him then truly football is dead.

the only way they can charge Wilshere is if he used the word yiddos at the end of the spurs chant and i don't think he did. It wasn't broadcast live on national tv so won't break any rules like rooney did when he was banned for swearing. Also if they punish wilshere for singing what the fans sing every week then they have to surely charge arsenal about not controlling the fans or whatever they charge clubs for offensive chanting.

and the media are making more fuss over this then they ever have for opposition fans calling wenger a paedo

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 06:49 PM
Wait is this you?

https://twitter.com/OllieAFC_

Your tweet on there being more fuss on this than Wenger getting called a Paedo got retweeted quite a lot and by someone who I follow.

You're famous now!

Ollie the Optimist
31-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Wait is this you?

https://twitter.com/OllieAFC_

Your tweet on there being more fuss on this than Wenger getting called a Paedo got retweeted quite a lot and by someone who I follow.

You're famous now!

yeah thats me :lol:

Maestro
31-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Ollie :bow:

GP
31-05-2015, 08:58 PM
https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=HBg-aHR0cDovL2Zhcm0xLnN0YXRpY2ZsaWNrci5jb20vNDEyLzE4Mz E0NDQ2MjYyXzdiOTU3YTllZTZfei5qcGcUwAcUyggAFgASAA&s=TxY_YL238Jo3WI6wGQ3TZW3FnRfYPXmzNc-75j67dtA

Xhaka Can’t
31-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Well done Ollie

Marc Overmars
31-05-2015, 09:09 PM
the only way they can charge Wilshere is if he used the word yiddos at the end of the spurs chant and i don't think he did. It wasn't broadcast live on national tv so won't break any rules like rooney did when he was banned for swearing. Also if they punish wilshere for singing what the fans sing every week then they have to surely charge arsenal about not controlling the fans or whatever they charge clubs for offensive chanting.

and the media are making more fuss over this then they ever have for opposition fans calling wenger a paedo

It's hilarious. Oooh swearing. :handbags:

Do they not see the players who every week can clearly be seen mouthing all sorts on the pitch.

Who gives a shit. If anyone is offended they should really start following another sport.

Munchies
31-05-2015, 10:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGXaw7qWwAA1TZR.jpg

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
31-05-2015, 10:22 PM
packet of sweets and a cheeky smile.....

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2015, 11:15 PM
It's even made the BBC main news site. :doh:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32950405

Thought they would be better than that.

A Gunner
01-06-2015, 01:37 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGXaw7qWwAA1TZR.jpg

I don't think Arsenal sorry for 'shit Spurs' repeat, I think Arsenal is just sorry that he swore.

AFC Leveller
01-06-2015, 10:07 AM
The daily hell have managed to get the FA involved in the Jack thing and he has been warned of his conduct.

:lol:

adzzzbatch
01-06-2015, 10:11 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article10287413.ece/alternates/w620/villa-tattoo.jpg

Rors :haha:

Gooner23
01-06-2015, 11:55 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article10287413.ece/alternates/w620/villa-tattoo.jpg

Rors :haha:

He could put a plaster over the V to be fair.

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2015, 12:24 PM
The daily hell have managed to get the FA involved in the Jack thing and he has been warned of his conduct.

With a third of the planet going hungry or lacking clean water, with wars raging across the globe, with corruption rampant in every corner, with the emerging police state, the death of privacy, paedophile running riot in establishment halls, America and Russia bristling with nuclear weapons and squaring up to each other - it's really pretty fucking irresponsible of Jack to say the word 'shit'. He has no excuse and should have the book thrown at him. We can't just sit here and allow this shit to happen (the Jack thing I mean - the other stuff is fine, hardly worth a mention).

It's all about priorities. I'm glad the media is being vigilant and has stepped up on this occasion.

Letters
01-06-2015, 12:31 PM
It's a load of drunk GHELs celebrating an FA Cup win, not the ballet! :lol:
Oh noes! Swearing! At football!

:rolleyes:

The Emirates Gallactico
01-06-2015, 01:18 PM
The Telegraph piece is the worst one of the lot. :lol:

Jack Wilshere's loutish behaviour begs quesion: How much longer can Arsenal and England pin hopes on him?

Jack Wilshere had apparently been drinking for almost 24 hours straight. Which seems quite a feat, when you reflect that his contribution to the FA Cup final victory amounted to all of 15 minutes, writes Oliver Brown

Jack Wilshere has often been bracketed as the new Paul Gascoigne. It is an argument that would have some cogency if were talking about Gascoigne circa 1996, stupefied beyond any rational thought as he leant back in his Hong Kong ‘dentist’s chair’ and had half a bottle of Drambuie squirted down his throat.

For Wilshere, by his asinine goading of Tottenham fans during Arsenal’s FA Cup victory parade, has given the greatest testament yet to his fundamental immaturity. He looked very far from the figure touted as a future linchpin of the England midfield, the cultured player whose magic wand of a left foot underpins Arsenal’s entire aesthetic, and more like the tanked-up oaf at whom you would inwardly shudder as he reeled out of your nearest Wetherspoon’s.

Wilshere had apparently been drinking for almost 24 hours straight. Which seemed quite a feat, when you reflect that his contribution to the Cup final victory amounted to all of 15 minutes. So much for the Arsenal party line that the FA Cup was essentially a secondary bauble and that they should be mounting a more concerted challenge for the Premier League. Wilshere, scoffing at any such idea, used his own tangential part in his team’s triumph to celebrate as if he had just won the World Cup on his wedding day.

“What do we think of Tottenham?” he slurred into his microphone atop the Arsenal bus. “And what do we think of s---?” Oh, by the cringe. If you looked across at Wilshere’s team-mates, they were all shuffling in embarrassment. As for Arsène Wenger, one of the game’s finest intellects and a manager fiercely preoccupied with how his charges uphold Arsenal’s image, one could only guess at the mortification.

This was a performance to have made even Freddie Flintoff, who notoriously celebrated England’s 2005 Ashes series win with a Botham-esque all-nighter, blanch a touch. Flintoff’s shambling, red-eyed display upon a visit to Downing Street at least made for a comedic escapade. Wilshere’s chanting was just ugly and charmless, pandering to the fans’ most bovine instincts.

It was extraordinary that a member of Arsenal’s sizeable public relations department was not on hand to muzzle him. It used to be, when Theo Walcott was on duty for the England Under-21s, that he was banned from speaking for fear of uttering anything that might attract the club’s disapproval. At this rate, Wilshere ought to be given a permanent media minder, so fast is he becoming Arsenal’s liability-in-chief.

Smoking in a Las Vegas swimming pool, dragging on a shisha pipe, inciting supporters with a beery diatribe: Wilshere’s off-field conduct reads at one level like the standard fecklessness of youth. But he invariably receives a free pass by virtue of his undeniable talent. We are urged to give the lad a break, because he is impressionable and vulnerable and we cannot risk upsetting such a fine England prospect. And then there is the hoary old saw that he has grown up, because, you see, he is a father now. Well, Gascoigne was a father by the time he was Wilshere's age, but he was never exactly a role model for a generation.

The romantics claimed that Arsenal’s joyous demolition of Aston Villa provided a precious palliative for the game after Fifa's week of ignominy. If that is the case, then Wilshere’s juvenile posturing left an acrid aftertaste. It falls to Wenger, surely, to try to cut through his pupil’s loutish behaviour.

At 23, Wilshere is not a child, even if he insists upon acting like a boneheaded brute. On that bus the midfielder appeared far removed from a world-beater or, indeed, the ambassadorial figure that Wenger seeks in all his protégés. He just came across as incorrigibly callow.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11643227/Jack-Wilsheres-loutish-behaviour-begs-quesion-How-much-longer-can-Arsenal-and-England-pin-hopes-on-him.html

Got to be a Spurs fan .

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Jack gave them a chance to ignore our stylish win and instead get back to their favoured business of trashing the club. The word 'shit' is neither here nor there, kids hear it in the music they listen to every day. It is also the word most eminently suitable for describing the British media, a vital piece of vocabulary without which there would be no way to reach a practical comprehension of that industry. But give this filth an inch and they'll run a mile in all directions.

They weren't so squeamish when it was loveable Gazza providing the antics. And most of them fell over each other to worship at John Terry's feet, captain marvel, captain courageous, the real player of the season and so on. For these favoured individuals they can overlook the faults and focus on the football. But not for Arsenal players, they have never been willing to offer such a concession. Look at how they have greeted Ozil to England. The Daily Fuck even ran a fantasy piece about him trying to bribe the police. There's no limit to how far they'll go to trash the team and the players. Adrian Durham is hired specifically for that purpose, it seems. Neil Ashton is the designated hitter for all things Ozil. Martin Samuel spins his Tolkienesque yarns about Arsenal of Isenguard limiting the liberties of the poor little hobbits from Manchester City, conveniently forgetting that by such analogies Manchester Utd are perched atop a black tower in Mordor.

This shitnaughty stuff has been going on for years. These are the pricks who thought it was hilarious when Wenger slipped and fell at a station. The same wankers who glorify Maureen despite his genuinely despicable behaviour. The tossers who suddenly love bus parking because it is "professional", but groaned at "boring, boring Arsenal." They're biased cunts and like most "journalists" a disgrace to their once respectable profession.

Power n Glory
01-06-2015, 02:30 PM
Jack’s just an idiot. He shouldn’t have given the papers a chance to jump on the bandwagon and completely railroad our FA Cup victory. He’s just not a smart lad and as usual, the papers have jumped on to a humorous moment and run a mile with it to help tarnish his image and create a moral panic.

NQ, I’ll disagree with the part about the papers having an agenda against Arsenal and ignoring the antics of similar English players. With Terry, the nightclub assault case, the affair with his teammates partner, his drug dealing dad, Rio and Anton….the papers were all over those incidents. He wasn’t spared. Same goes for Gazza and his drinking. There was a point where there was no sympathy for the guy. But papers forget their original stories and will wipe the slate clean if a player stays low and creates a new narrative for himself. They always do. But they’ll milk a story dry if a player continues to play the class clown. All will be forgotten if Jack let’s his football do the talking.

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2015, 06:48 PM
All the goals to enjoy again:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2015/jun/01/2015-fa-cup-final-brick-animated-video

White Theo :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
01-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Jack’s just an idiot. He shouldn’t have given the papers a chance to jump on the bandwagon and completely railroad our FA Cup victory. He’s just not a smart lad and as usual, the papers have jumped on to a humorous moment and run a mile with it to help tarnish his image and create a moral panic.

NQ, I’ll disagree with the part about the papers having an agenda against Arsenal and ignoring the antics of similar English players. With Terry, the nightclub assault case, the affair with his teammates partner, his drug dealing dad, Rio and Anton….the papers were all over those incidents. He wasn’t spared. Same goes for Gazza and his drinking. There was a point where there was no sympathy for the guy. But papers forget their original stories and will wipe the slate clean if a player stays low and creates a new narrative for himself. They always do. But they’ll milk a story dry if a player continues to play the class clown. All will be forgotten if Jack let’s his football do the talking.

Yeah, except you miss the point completely because those incidents are much worse then a player saying the word "shit"

Also, he hasn't railroaded our victory. Its made it better because he has wound everyone up. We sing those chants every week, so what if one our players does too? We moan a lot that modern players don't care about the club etc and then some moan when they try to connect with the fans.

Power n Glory
01-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Yeah, except you miss the point completely because those incidents are much worse then a player saying the word "shit"

Also, he hasn't railroaded our victory. Its made it better because he has wound everyone up. We sing those chants every week, so what if one our players does too? We moan a lot that modern players don't care about the club etc and then some moan when they try to connect with the fans.

I wasn't making a comparison on the incidents. Simply pointing out that Jack isn't the only one to get this sort of attention from the press. It's a response to NQ's post and I'm just summing up the nature of the media. This whole 'Jack the lad' misfit narrative will get milked by the press. I said it was humourous and I don't think it's serious at all but Jack needs to realise that they will target him now that he had this bad boy rep. It hasn't railroaded our victory but it's put a negative spin on the victory from a press standpoint because they're talking about Jack's incident instead of applauding the team and our victory.

Marc Overmars
01-06-2015, 09:11 PM
Wheelchair has apologised. :lol:

Nothing to apologise for, football fans can be cunts at the best of times yet when a player behaves in a similar vein there's uproar. It's the nature of the sport and the kind of people it breeds. Get over it and move on.

GP
01-06-2015, 09:35 PM
What d'you think of Letters?

Shaqiri Is Boss
01-06-2015, 09:37 PM
Short!

GP
01-06-2015, 09:38 PM
What d'you think of short?

Munchies
01-06-2015, 10:24 PM
Seems legit

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGcMyWhWsAEOoh2.jpg

The Emirates Gallactico
01-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Wheelchair has apologised. :lol:

Nothing to apologise for, football fans can be cunts at the best of times yet when a player behaves in a similar vein there's uproar. It's the nature of the sport and the kind of people it breeds. Get over it and move on.

I'm guessing his PR people, sponsors and possibly the club have had a word with him. :lol:

It's just laughable really. People don't seem to appreciate that footballers are just ordinary people at the end of the day who'll react the same way as most fans do to winning something.

Just imagine all the daft things you've said or done when you've been drunk in your early 20's and imagine if they were held against you for the rest of your life!

Syn
01-06-2015, 11:00 PM
It really doesn't matter. He gets criticised for everything. There were people moaning when he said that non-Englishmen shouldn't play for England. For his own sake, if he ever grows up, he might regret acting like a tit and building a negative image. Always helps to win a few friends in the media. But I've said this about the smoking as well - honestly couldn't give a flying fuck what he does off the pitch. All I've seen every time he has been on a pitch is a player that's desperate to do well. I don't see that changing. If Wenger does, he'll be out the door very quickly.

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2015, 11:16 PM
People don't seem to appreciate that footballers are just ordinary people at the end of the day

They aren't. They are anything but. In reality they are under the spotlight pretty much all of the time and that's a downside to accompany the many upsides of being a professional footballer. If they were ordinary then nobody would care what they said and nobody would bother with building agendas around them. The spotlight is not just for celebrities and stars, it has a massive entourage of arseholes in tow, hoping to catch a bit of reflected light. Journalists (I think they still like to go by that title) are classic examples. The pigs will eat and shit back out whatever is thrown in front of them. Jack gave them a trivial, non-consequential, diversionary feast. Their favourite kind.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-06-2015, 11:29 PM
He wasn't in a position where initiating a good chant was going to seriously affect something he did for us on the pitch or adversely affect anything so I really don't care.

Good chant and his timing was perfect. The Meeja will get bored soon enough.

A Gunner
02-06-2015, 01:12 AM
Especially that article on ESPN, saying he should concentrate on his career. I mean what does singing a few songs has to do with concentrating on career or not!

Niall_Quinn
02-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Adrian Durham
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3106699/Jack-Wilshere-applauded-not-demonised-special-connection-fans-era-players-aloof.html

WTF?

He obviously reads GW, saw my post and is being a complete wanker about it!

Gooner23
02-06-2015, 04:05 PM
Fair play, finally some sense from the tosser.

Power n Glory
02-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Adrian Durham
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3106699/Jack-Wilshere-applauded-not-demonised-special-connection-fans-era-players-aloof.html

WTF?

He obviously reads GW, saw my post and is being a complete wanker about it!

:lol: You'll get a couple of voices in the media that will cut him some slack but they'll all be kissing his ass if he puts a show on for England. It's all part of the game.

Xhaka Can’t
02-06-2015, 06:58 PM
Swearing during the competitive heat of a football match is one thing. But you'd never catch me swearing in the fucking street.

Ollie the Optimist
02-06-2015, 07:08 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGcdnpQWcAEpDdG.png

So saying "shit" is worse then being convicted of assault. :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
02-06-2015, 08:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGcdnpQWcAEpDdG.png

So saying "shit" is worse then being convicted of assault. :lol:

Shit.

I mean golly.

GP
02-06-2015, 09:09 PM
Shit.

I mean golly.

RACIST!

Marc Overmars
03-06-2015, 01:11 PM
The FA have charged Wheelchair with misconduct. :doh:

Munchies
03-06-2015, 01:14 PM

Niall_Quinn
03-06-2015, 01:16 PM
The FA have charged Wheelchair with misconduct. :doh:

WTF?

Does a trophy parade even fall under their jurisdiction?

What a bunch of mindless, ridiculous, PC, faggot cunts.

The Emirates Gallactico
03-06-2015, 01:18 PM
Jesus christ.

The FA really are a bunch of old, probably Tory voting, fools. :doh:

Football :rose:

Niall_Quinn
03-06-2015, 01:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYusL4XKIYM

Globalgunner
03-06-2015, 01:34 PM
Jesus christ.

The FA really are a bunch of old, probably Tory voting, fools. :doh:

Football :rose:

Don`t blame them. They've been able in their minds to bring Blatter down. Now the big game hunt continues.

Master Splinter
03-06-2015, 01:36 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32994427

It is beyond ridiculous. If ever something sums up the morally ill and dangerously illogical world we live in, this is it.

Are the FA going to charge Stevie G for his Phil Collins-related retaliations now?

What about Freddie Flintoff getting drunk that time when they won the Ashes?

I heard Colin Montgomerie once called his friend a silly beggar. Down with this nefarious scum.

AFC Leveller
03-06-2015, 01:57 PM
The FA hae taken their cuntiness to another level with this.

Letters
03-06-2015, 02:04 PM
The idiotic thing (ok, there are plenty, but AN idiotic thing) is that he did the EXACT same thing last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZyRQT7_TZY

No media fuss. No FA charges.

He does it this year, the media, on a whim, go to town about it so the FA wade in.

Completely farcical.

AFC Leveller
03-06-2015, 02:06 PM
WTF?

Does a trophy parade even fall under their jurisdiction?

What a bunch of mindless, ridiculous, PC, faggot cunts.

This is the latest charge provoked and made happen by the Daily Hell. The amount of articles on their paper about this was bound to get the FA moving.

Astonishingly bad.

The Emirates Gallactico
03-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Another egregious thing about this is that as has been already noted on here, Jack did the exact same thing last year and yet nothing happened because none of the media rags picked up on it. I'm guessing there was something else actually important going on in the world at the time to divert their attention.

It was the faux outrage (driven for click baits) which made this even an issue in the first place. In fact, I doubt the FA would have even been aware of this were it not for that.

Just shows you how utterly incompetent, hopeless the FA are and how they operate - punishing people based on the scale of the reaction rather than the actual merit of the alleged "crime".

Fuck off Dyke and the rest of you cretins. Dinosaurs.

Edit - Ninjaed. Should have kept my post shorter. :(

Curse you Letters. :(

GP
03-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Doesn't the lack of action last year sort of set a precedent?

The Emirates Gallactico
03-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Also I see that none of the Leciester City players have been charged for bringing the game into disrepute for their racist filled group orgy with Thai hookers.

The FA. :haha:

You know they've got their priorities right.

Master Splinter
03-06-2015, 02:19 PM
No media fuss. No FA charges.

He does it this year, the media, on a whim, go to town about it so the FA wade in.

Completely farcical.

That's the scary thing about it. It's on a whim. Terry could spit, stamp and shit on their mums in the centre of the pitch during the Community Shield game and they'll decide to sweep it under their bulging, slime-soaked carpets because the ref said he saw it.

The fact that every news outlet from the The Mail to the newly-anointed premiere gossip-mongering cesspit that is the BBC found it necessary to comment on it is just further confirmation of the horribly depressing society we live in.

Niall_Quinn
03-06-2015, 02:48 PM
Apparently he was warned about it last year. At least that's what the media is now saying. Can't recall it ever being mentioned last year so they could simply be making shit up - again.

Letters
03-06-2015, 02:48 PM
I was hoping this would all blow over in the wake of far bigger, more important world events.
They. Used. A. Stunt. Dog. :fury:

GP
03-06-2015, 02:49 PM
We should just say we used a stunt Jack.

Letters
03-06-2015, 03:01 PM
He is a bit of a....oh stunt

Niall_Quinn
03-06-2015, 11:17 PM
'Jack Wilshere has been charged with misconduct in relation to Arsenal's FA Cup celebrations on Sunday 31 May 2015.

‘It is alleged his conduct in making and/or inciting certain comments during the club’s open bus trophy tour was improper and/or brought the game into disrepute.’

Inciting certain comments? And/ or? What the fuck are they on about? What does and/ or mean in this context? And/ or incitement to what? Using bad language? What was the downside to this "incitement"? Who is the injured party? Was there a whole bunch of spuds there during an Arsenal victory parade who ended up mortally offended and driven to violent retaliation? Was there an avid audience of spuds watching on Arsenal Fan TV?

This FA is a bunch of fucking cretins playing at authority without having a clue what authority is. They'll let a fucking bunch of thieving Arabs and murdering Russians buy up the game but they won't stand for a player on his own patch with his own fans having a laugh. Petty little twats.

Incite

1. encourage or stir up (violent or unlawful behaviour).
"they conspired to incite riots"

2. urge or persuade (someone) to act in a violent or unlawful way.

synonyms: stir up, whip up, work up, encourage, fan the flames of, stoke up, fuel, kindle, ignite, inflame, stimulate, instigate, provoke, excite, arouse, awaken, waken, inspire, trigger, spark off, ferment, foment, agitate for/against;

God forbid you do any of those things during a wild celebration. We don't need no shit encouragement, arousal, inspiration or encouragement around here!

Does this mean players will henceforth need to speak in a calm and reasoned tone when addressing supporters and (or) if those supporters do anything other than clap politely and gush, "Jolly good show!", the player can be sanctioned?

However, former Gunners striker Niall Quinn said Wilshere had 'overstepped the mark'.

:doh: That fraud is a constant embarrassment to me.

A Gunner
06-06-2015, 01:57 AM
This has been a long week! Seems ages ago we've won the FA cup, again!

Letters
06-06-2015, 07:50 AM
We haven't won a trophy for a whole week?!

Wenger out! :angry:

The Emirates Gallactico
06-06-2015, 12:35 PM
A week late but the last Tuesday Club podcast is finally out! :trophy:

Haven't listened to it yet but after how GOAT last year's Cup final one was, I imagine this one will be similarly amazing.

GP
08-06-2015, 12:36 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CG-hqYVW0AAaf8K.jpg