PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want as our 2 goalkeepers next season?

cheesy bites
18-06-2015, 09:39 PM
Who do you want as our 2 goalkeepers next season?

GP
18-06-2015, 09:42 PM
Casillas and Buffon.

Niall_Quinn
18-06-2015, 10:01 PM
Why is there no option for Neuer/De Gea?

Stupid poll.

Globalgunner
19-06-2015, 05:30 AM
Ospina is not really there as a no1 but is better than Chesny. He should be moved on and will be better of in Laliga. Cech would improve us and hopefully improve Chesney too, if he can come down from his lofty opinion of himself and actually pay attention.
so yes Cech/Chesney.
Make it so Wumger

Letters
19-06-2015, 05:47 AM
I agree Ospina is better than Chesney but Cech is better than either so I went with Cech/Ospina.
I'm not sure why you'd want to keep the weaker keeper.

Globalgunner
19-06-2015, 08:23 AM
I agree Ospina is better than Chesney but Cech is better than either so I went with Cech/Ospina.
I'm not sure why you'd want to keep the weaker keeper.

I am kinda biased against short keepers and short people in general, being a lofty 5`10" myself.

Really I like Ospina but dont think he deserves to stay on the bench after doing so well for us last season.
In an ideal world
Cech for PL
Ospina for CL
Chesney for FA and CC cups

But we all know that it means Ospina would be jobless by early March

The Emirates Gallactico
19-06-2015, 08:50 AM
As weird as this may sound, Ospina seems like a better number two in that he's probably a lot more content with sitting on the bench and taking the cup games without feeling any pressure to show off or do anything stupid.

However, and this is something I've always believed even when Chesney lost his place, I don't think he's as naturally talented as Chesney or has the potential to be a world class number like Chensey has.

Dunno, I'm still kind of really pissed of with Chesney for the whole smoking thing and his general poor performances however on a strictly talent basis he probably deserves to stay ahead of Ospina.

Don't care either way as long as Cech is brought in as number one tbh.

Letters
19-06-2015, 09:14 AM
I am kinda biased against short keepers and short people in general
:(

Meanie.

Injury Time
19-06-2015, 09:32 AM
I am kinda biased against short keepers and short people in general, being a lofty 5`10" myself.

Really I like Ospina but dont think he deserves to stay on the bench after doing so well for us last season.
In an ideal world
Cech for PL
Ospina for CL
Chesney for FA and CC cups

But we all know that it means Ospina would be jobless by early March, and Cech putting his feet up by December
:whistle:

Niall_Quinn
19-06-2015, 09:40 AM
So the general consensus is we want a chav at Arsenal?

The Emirates Gallactico
19-06-2015, 09:47 AM
He may be a chav but he counts as homegrown which as seen by City spunking ridicolous amounts on Sterling and soon Delph, is going to be very important soon with the new higher quotas.

Sad for Ospina but it's the best move by the club.

Niall_Quinn
19-06-2015, 09:51 AM
He may be a chav but he counts as homegrown which as seen by City spunking ridicolous amounts on Sterling and soon Delph, is going to be very important soon with the new higher quotas.

Sad for Ospina but it's the best move by the club.

You sure he's homegrown? Don't you have to have played 3 years here by the age of 20? Did Cech do that?

The Emirates Gallactico
19-06-2015, 09:52 AM
You sure he's homegrown? Don't you have to have played 3 years here by the age of 20? Did Cech do that?

Oh right, I thought you were referring to Chesney as the "Chav" (cos of the smoking and drinking innit). :doh:

Yeah Cech isn't homegrown but Chesney is.

Marc Overmars
19-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Chesney is the better keeper, commands his area better and is more likely to pull off a worldie. Ospina has more of a spring in his step but keepers who have a penchant to pull off Hollywood saves don't convince me, though having said that I would have been ok with both of them for another year but I can see why Ospina appears likely to be the fall guy.

Chesney has a much higher ceiling than Ospina and with someone like Cech to potentially learn from he'd be much better for it. Maybe he could learn a thing or 2 about a bit of professionalism as well, because that's always been his achilles heel.

Niall_Quinn
19-06-2015, 11:16 AM
Chesney's mad dad is a problem. It's not ideal Ches has to go on to Twitter and disown the guy. Can you imagine the influence this fool could have if Ches really does step up and other clubs come sniffing? It'd be Anelka all over again. You don't get any of the baggage with Opsina. It's harsh on the guy being shown the door after his first half season in the PL. Especially considering he didn't do badly. But if this is a new policy where only the very best will do for each position then fine. Make sure it applies to all positions though, in other words which top tier striker are we signing?

Marc Overmars
19-06-2015, 11:22 AM
Also the fact Chesney counts as homegrown means his position here is much stronger.

Letters
19-06-2015, 11:46 AM
Chesney is Bendtneresque in the gap between his opinion of his ability and his actual ability.
I don't agree he's better than Ospina, it's marginal at best.

Syn
19-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Wenger won't get rid of Szczesny. It's absolutely not a Bendtner situation. There's a top class GK in there somewhere but he needs to focus more. Ospina's as average as it gets. Getting a top class
GK in for a couple of years like Cech seems the right choice.

Letters
19-06-2015, 12:36 PM
If there is a top class 'keeper in there then it's very well hidden.
He's fine, but fine doesn't win you the PL. His cockiness doesn't match his ability IMO.

Syn
19-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Just last season nobody had more clean sheets them him in the league - not even Petr Cech. He thinks he's Neuer and its fucking frustrating that his distribution is so poor but he gets the job done. This season he had a bad spell and Ospina did a decent job. Long term, Wenger knows Szczesny's the keeper to put faith into. And this summer will show that.

Penguin
19-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Why is Cech the only external option? Is he the only keeper we're allowed to buy? :unsure:

If he was the only option I would take him, even though Cech's well over the hill now IMO. Ospina's not good enough, and Chesney's too unreliable so it's obviously an improvement. But everything I've heard from Wenger suggests that he's sticking with Ospina and Chesney. I put £50 on it yesterday - those two will be our first and second choice next season, guaranteed.

Letters
19-06-2015, 02:05 PM
Isn't it just that he's the one who seems available?

Penguin
19-06-2015, 02:28 PM
Or the only one that people know about?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-06-2015, 08:54 PM
I'm sorry i just don't understand what people are seeing in Ospina, responsible for one of the goals in our defeat to Spurs, two of the goals in our defeat to Monaco, the goal in our defeat to Swansea, the goal in our draw with United.....in fact i don't think off the top of my head that i can think of a goal we've conceded whilst he has been in goal that he isn't at least partially at fault for.
Szczesny we have at least seen in the past is capable of making top saves, he's gone off the boil because he's an arrogant little tosser and needs someone with experience like Cech in front of him in order to up his game, that's why i want him here so much...a top keeper who could get us points and someone i think will make Wojciech Szczesny a better keeper in the long term.
Ospina is ok if you're a mid table club without any ambition, but for anything more he falls well SHORT.

Penguin
29-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Why is Cech the only external option? Is he the only keeper we're allowed to buy? :unsure:

If he was the only option I would take him, even though Cech's well over the hill now IMO. Ospina's not good enough, and Chesney's too unreliable so it's obviously an improvement. But everything I've heard from Wenger suggests that he's sticking with Ospina and Chesney. I put £50 on it yesterday - those two will be our first and second choice next season, guaranteed.

My £50 :doh:

selassie
29-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Cech and Cech.

GP
29-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Cech and Mate