Marc Overmars
06-08-2015, 07:57 AM
It's on!

Gooner23
06-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Double swoop, Benzema and Trabelsi.

Letters
06-08-2015, 08:24 AM
And remember, kids: if we sign him then he's massively over-rated and Wenger's an idiot; if we don't then we really needed a striker and Wenger's an idiot.

Dein-machine
06-08-2015, 08:40 AM
And remember, kids: if we sign him then he's massively over-rated and Wenger's an idiot; if we don't then we really needed a striker and Wenger's an idiot.

Whatever happens Wenger is an idiot - finally a sensible post from you.

PGFC
06-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Kids :rolleyes:

The Emirates Gallactico
06-08-2015, 09:23 AM
Twitter bullshitter'sITK's say he's had a medical. :rolleyes:

GP
06-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Twitter bullshitter'sITK's say he's had a medical. :rolleyes:

And his 'representatives' have been house hunting in London.

It's definitely on.

Niall_Quinn
06-08-2015, 09:36 AM
We won't be signing this guy because Wenger is an idiot. But say we do. I can bet you Wenger will overpay for this overrated player. That's because Wenger is an idiot.

GP
06-08-2015, 09:41 AM
We won't be signing this guy because Wenger is an idiot. But say we do. I can bet you Wenger will overpay for this overrated player. That's because Wenger is an idiot.

And Wenger will personally break his ankles like in that scene in Misery.

The dirty birdy.

Gooner23
06-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Sell him, he's shit.

I am invisible
06-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Stealing a living, tbh.

Gooner23
06-08-2015, 10:46 AM
He's been anonymous on the pitch so far. I'm taking my Benzema 9 shirt back for a refund.

GP
06-08-2015, 11:04 AM
No refunds on printed shirts.

We'll exchange it for a Sanogo one.

PGFC
06-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Ah, he's bound to come to us, he's got a thigh injury.

Master Splinter
06-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Ballague says he's not coming.

Wenger says there's nothing in it.

I deduce it's well and truly on!

McNamara That Ghost...
06-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Hunter says it will happen if he hands in a transfer request.

I bet he already has done.

Özim
06-08-2015, 06:37 PM

I saw that he wanted to stay in Spain apparently recently.

I am invisible
07-08-2015, 08:10 AM

Roughly translated: Madrid will have to pay him some kind of "loyalty bonus" or compensation if they tell him he's being sold, but if he hands in a transfer request then he forfeits it...

Marc Overmars
07-08-2015, 08:19 PM
This seems to be causing a frenzy on Twitter tonight.

I think we can safely deduce; its on!

Marc Overmars
07-08-2015, 08:34 PM
‏@mrjakehumphrey
A source who is rarely wrong tells me Arsenal are close to the signing that would make them genuine contenders. We shall see...

fakeyank
07-08-2015, 08:49 PM
‏@mrjakehumphrey
A source who is rarely wrong tells me Arsenal are close to the signing that would make them genuine contenders. We shall see...

Who? :unsure:

LDG
07-08-2015, 09:08 PM

A sauce

McNamara That Ghost...
07-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Yeah I think this is actually happening.

LDG
07-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Nah.

Hope so.

But nah.

But hope so.

Xhaka Can’t
07-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Sign all the playa

The Emirates Gallactico
07-08-2015, 11:54 PM

Main presenter of BT Sports over here who are Sky Sports' rivals for TV Sports broadcasting.

Unlike the gimps who do the punditry and reporting he actually seems reasonably sensible from the vibe I get from watching him (and from his CBBC and BBC F1 days tbh) and he doesn't seem like the type to troll or spread false information deliberately.

I think he's being sincere and honest in reporting this though that doesn't necessarily mean that his source is correct.

I still have a hard time believing it's Benzema though for reasons already explained in the other thread .... i.e. Real not willing to sell him nor likely that Benzema would force a move currently. I think Reus or Draxler are more likely options for a "major signing" than Benzema tbh.

AFC Leveller
08-08-2015, 07:35 AM
Main presenter of BT Sports over here who are Sky Sports' rivals for TV Sports broadcasting.

Unlike the gimps who do the punditry and reporting he actually seems reasonably sensible from the vibe I get from watching him (and from his CBBC and BBC F1 days tbh) and he doesn't seem like the type to troll or spread false information deliberately.

I think he's being sincere and honest in reporting this though that doesn't necessarily mean that his source is correct.

I still have a hard time believing it's Benzema though for reasons already explained in the other thread .... i.e. Real not willing to sell him nor likely that Benzema would force a move currently. I think Reus or Draxler are more likely options for a "major signing" than Benzema tbh.

Jake Humphry is a decent presenter and rarely posts something just for the "likes" and although this Benzema thing is too good to be true, it would be a BEAST of a signing.

Ian Wright also posted something recently about Benzema (writing Benzema and then a loads of "praying" icons so it seems like there is something going on behind the scenes.

Syn
08-08-2015, 07:49 AM
Jake Humprey's a clown. Doubt he knows anything. All this ITK shit is always useless. Ex-players like Wright wouldn't know anything either. Unless it's imminent - by which time David Ornstein has usually said something - you can't even say that there's anything going on with this.

But wouldn't put it past Real Madrid to do something mental in the final few days of the window.

Marc Overmars
08-08-2015, 08:54 AM
Van Gaal has said they're not meeting De Gea's valuation. I can't imagine Real Madrid would go through an entire summer without adding at least one shiny new toy to their collection, so I wouldn't be surprised if later this month they decide to sell Benzema as they know we can put up the cash to fund it easily.

I don't expect us to sign Benzema but I don't think it's beyond all realms of doubt. Here's hoping!

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-08-2015, 09:33 AM
‏@mrjakehumphrey

I hear Adebayor doesn't want to leave London...

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Jake Humprey's a clown. Doubt he knows anything. All this ITK shit is always useless. Ex-players like Wright wouldn't know anything either. Unless it's imminent - by which time David Ornstein has usually said something - you can't even say that there's anything going on with this.

But wouldn't put it past Real Madrid to do something mental in the final few days of the window.

If Real do decide to sell Benzema then Utd have to be the favourites to sign him, given van Gall has a one billion quid budget to sign anything that moves in the desperate hope he'll randomly hit on a winning team. Plus Utd pay dross like shrek over 300K pw. So I can't see how we'd be even in the hunt if a player like Benzema became available.

If we manage to snag a big signing it'll have to be early in the morning on the last day of the window before van Genius or the Arabs wake up.

cheesy bites
09-08-2015, 02:41 PM
Give him a mansion, an aircraft carrier and a pet giraffe, I don't fucking care what it takes, sign this man.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2015, 03:26 PM
Give him a mansion, an aircraft carrier and a pet giraffe, I don't fucking care what it takes, sign this man.

Whether it's Benzema or some other option, other than Kalou I stress, surely Wenger can see we lack little bit sharpness up top? Or maybe he doesn't. Maybe he's satisfied watching Bif staring up at the sky after yet another miss. Or Theo through on goal 55 times and managing to convert just the one.

Actually after a start like that, maybe we'd better settle for seeing Theo through on goal or a cross coming with 50 yards of Bif's head. Don't think Benzema would have been in the game enough to make a difference today.

selassie
10-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Benzema is more likely to join United than us. Wenger seems pretty adamant that he will work on the internal solutions.

If it doesn't buy a striker and the season goes belly up then frankly it's on his head. He can't use money as an excuse anymore, he's been sitting on millions all summer.

Munchies
10-08-2015, 10:54 PM
Twitter ITKs saying Bayern and Man City are after him,

It's going to be a rough day 4 me...just confirmed to me Benzema wants to see all his options...Manchester City AND Bayern are now involved

After Wenger found out about Guardiola's call..he called and spoke to Benzema "in length" today about his importance to the club..

https://twitter.com/Jeinnylizarazo

Big tit ITK :bow:

Penguin
11-08-2015, 07:11 AM
After Sunday I don't even care if we sign a striker or not. We aren't winning the league either way with Wenger in charge.

Dein-machine
11-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Wenger apparently telling Benzema how important he would be to AFC because of his quality but then not prepared to pay the asking price which is less than other shitty strikers ( Caroll & Torres ) have been sold for. Come on Arsene, join the real football world - football has moved on a bit from your penny pinching days.

Munchies
13-08-2015, 01:04 AM
https://twitter.com/Jeinnylizarazo/status/631594252959551488

https://twitter.com/Jeinnylizarazo/

this ITK :bow:

It's on

£51.4m

£160k/week

Injury Time
13-08-2015, 07:32 AM
:tumbleweed:

GP
13-08-2015, 07:43 AM
https://twitter.com/Jeinnylizarazo/status/631594252959551488

this ITK :bow:

It's on

£51.4m

£160k/week

Tig ol' bitties

Marc Overmars
13-08-2015, 08:45 AM
Hopefully we don't sign him now so that bint gets her baps out as 'punishment' tbf.

LDG
13-08-2015, 09:17 AM
Hopefully we don't sign him now so that bint gets her baps out as 'punishment' tbf.

I'd punish her.

GP
13-08-2015, 10:24 AM
I'd disappoint her all night long.

fakeyank
19-08-2015, 08:10 PM
http://talksport.com/football/benzema-breakthrough-arsenal-have-ps48million-bid-accepted-real-madrid-talksport-told

He is coming home! :bow:

Gooner23
19-08-2015, 08:29 PM
And what could be more reliable than a phone call from Rodney Marsh's mate

Marc Overmars
19-08-2015, 08:31 PM
He's coming home tbf.

Maestro
20-08-2015, 06:25 AM
My brother in Spain said he is negotiating personal terms, and once done he'll be flying in for a medical possibly tomorrow

Got to be true tbf, I mean my brother is a piss head, on holiday in Spain ....so has to be true

adzzzbatch
20-08-2015, 08:25 AM
With that new information I'm going to go out and get my new shirt printed with his name on!

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2015, 09:23 AM
My brother in Spain said he is negotiating personal terms, and once done he'll be flying in for a medical possibly tomorrow

Got to be true tbf, I mean my brother is a piss head, on holiday in Spain ....so has to be true

The most reliable sauce so far, by quite a distance.

GP
20-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Guys, we aren't signing Benzema, you need a reality check.

Maestro
20-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Judging from the posts on here, I don't think a single person is taking this seriously. I mean we have Rodney Marsh's mate and my piss head brother as our reliable soy sauces

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2015, 12:38 PM
If there was actually a decent striker available we wouldn't be wetting our draws over this flabby average striker anyway

If the only options availiable are benzema or cavani you can understand the temptation to leave your cheque book in your jacket pocket.

Penguin
20-08-2015, 12:44 PM
When the 3rd option is sticking with Giroud and Welbeck it's time to get the cheque book back out!

Özim
20-08-2015, 12:48 PM
When the 3rd option is sticking with Giroud and Welbeck it's time to get the cheque book back out!

Totally agree, whilst those players stock isn't as high it might have once been, they are several levels about the shite we have playing for us so going for them is a no brainer.

Right now our strikeforce is fairly average, signing Bambi on ice last summer wasn't particularly frowned upon and yet we're turning our noses up at players 10 times superior.

Power n Glory
20-08-2015, 01:01 PM
If there was actually a decent striker available we wouldn't be wetting our draws over this flabby average striker anyway

If the only options availiable are benzema or cavani you can understand the temptation to leave your cheque book in your jacket pocket.

I could understand the temptation if we were willing to try something new. If we were trying Sanchez, Walcott or even Welbeck up top with Giroud as a bench option, I could understand. But we're going with Giroud again as first choice.

dostoy
20-08-2015, 01:18 PM
Wenger has said recently he is not after Benzema.

Why would he pay 16 million for Welbeck last season and then effectively end his Arsenal career by paying huge money for Benzema ?

There are other reasons why he will not go for Benzema, can anybody really see him doing it ?

I doubt Cavani will be for sale if PSG get rid of Zlatan.

I doubt Wenger will sign anybody else this summer.

His job should be in doubt but his job remains rock solid to put it mildly.

selassie
20-08-2015, 03:25 PM

Why would he pay 16 million for Welbeck last season and then effectively end his Arsenal career by paying huge money for Benzema ?

There are other reasons why he will not go for Benzema, can anybody really see him doing it ?

Yeah I agree with this. I think Wenger would only pursue Benzema if he fell in his lap so to speak and for a "fair price" in Wenger's eyes.

Wenger seems to really like Welbeck, he was more or less first choice when fit last season. I think Wenger sees Welbeck as unfinished business so will work on him as a "project".

I also don't think we will go for any strikers, Wenger clearly sees Giroud, Welbeck & Walcott as enough.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-08-2015, 04:51 PM
I could understand the temptation if we were willing to try something new. If we were trying Sanchez, Walcott or even Welbeck up top with Giroud as a bench option, I could understand. But we're going with Giroud again as first choice.

Well jury is out on that, I think Giroud is being played because Sanchez is not fully match fit. Though not playing Walcott in either game is frankly baffling.

If MC Hammer gets fit, then hopefully we will start to use quick wide players more but that might mean dropping precious Ramsey

Letters
20-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Well, there's no doubt about it now it's in the Star

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/460148/Transfer-News-and-Gossip-Arsenal-Karim-Benzema

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Well, there's no doubt about it now it's in the Star

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/460148/Transfer-News-and-Gossip-Arsenal-Karim-Benzema

This is Rodney Marsh's mate in Spain again.

The only thing I find suspicious about this insider story is the claim Rodney Marsh has a friend.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2015, 07:07 PM

He has been playing Welbeck out wide so not sure the above really matters, in regards to him at least.

Marc Overmars
21-08-2015, 11:03 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/460467/transfer-news-gossip-Arsenal-Karim-Benzema-done-deal-Arsene-Wenger-rumours-latest

Some Italian journo claims a deal is imminent.

He's coming home.

Gooner23
21-08-2015, 11:24 AM
More credible than Maestro's piss head brother tbf.

It's on!

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2015, 12:06 PM
It's rare for the Daily Star to get it wrong so it looks like we must be close to making this signing.

:woohoo:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2015, 06:43 PM
Happy Benzema Day on Tuesday. :bow:

LDG
24-08-2015, 11:14 AM
I think we're gonna sign him.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2015, 11:32 AM
Me too.

Maybe.

Letters
24-08-2015, 11:39 AM
I think we're gonna sign him.

It is starting to look more like it.
:patrice:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2015, 02:34 PM
This reminds me of my poor Barking Mum

Every time I go to visit her in the home, it's "they are sending me home tomorrow"

Just the same way the Benzema transfer seems to be imminent, apart from when you talk to the player, the players agent, the two clubs that need to agree a deal and our manager.

It's also a bit like Jeremy Corbyn, every single person who has ever achieved anything worth while for Labour says "you'd be mad to vote for this bearded demagogue" but the voters read that as go on vote for him it'll be a laugh.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Plus I do hate to be insistent on this point, but Benzema....he....he really isn't very good. And 50m is a lot of money to spend on someone who isn't very good.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 02:44 PM
Benzema is a decent striker in relation to what is mostly dross across world football. The top tier strikers stand out a mile. Benzema, like so many footballers these days, has a name that's bigger than his talent. He's a better player than Giroud, Giroud is third tier. Benzema second. Aguero first.

If he's really available then we have an infinitesimally small chance of capturing him ahead of the chavs, gypos, manures and other dopers. It would have to be a weird, last minute, under the radar deal like Ozil's.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Nah if we wanted him we'd get him

Van Gaal is as alike to Wenger in stubbornness as he is tactical paucity

Kano
24-08-2015, 04:27 PM
That's the price you have to pay now for good, rather than exceptional talent. People blame the oil clubs for inflating the market but Sky are just as culpable, flooding the clubs pockets with ever increasing amounts deal on deal. Selling clubs know how cash rich we are, added to the fact there is a real drought of 'names' available or standout talent, because everyone has become neutered into being a 'team' player, individual talent frowned upon so everyone near enough plays the same way, and a £25m player is then doubled.

Benzema would be mad to come to Arsenal unless he was paid an even more insane amount of money - which he wouldn't be. At least he gets a proper shot at the CL most seasons at Madrid, he wouldn't even get his current obligatory league winners medal playing under Wenger. And all the pressure is focused on Bale, Ronaldo, Rodriguez and co, while he just ticks along off their scraps without having the hassle of being the main man. That has never worked out well for him on the international stage probably because it doesn't suit his personality. He's safe as houses where he is.

fakeyank
24-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Benzene just tweeted that Madrid is his home. Thank Jesus that we didnt waste 50 million on Giroud v2.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Presumably he'd only leave if that safe status was jeopardised by Marketing making some media headline/ vote rigging signing in the striker role, like Barca did with Suarez last year ridiculously getting rid of Alexis in the process. Even then, I agree, there are better options for him in terms of football. But if the lure is London and the chavs pass then I suppose a move might be convenient for all parties. Do we want a player coming for the London sights and sounds?

We fucked up massively by letting Vidal sail past without raising a finger. That's the kind of character we need (on the pitch at least). Wenger at his most stubborn and blind. Vidal would have been enough for a serious title push. It would have forced the mad bloke in charge to bust up his second rate formation and tactics. Which is probably one of the reasons he ran a mile while a top, top, top, top, top, top quality player who would most certainly improve the team was sailing by right under his nose. Alonso wasn't top, top, top, top, top quality either. He would have killed our one paced, tippy-tappy darlings.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Benzene just tweeted that Madrid is his home. Thank Jesus that we didnt waste 50 million on Giroud v2.

All he's done there is state the obvious. Madrid is, in fact, his home. And if he joined us then London would be his home.

Munchies
24-08-2015, 04:39 PM
FFS

Wasn't that good anyway :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 04:41 PM
FFS

Wasn't that good anyway :coffee:

At least he can play in our almost-signed-him eleven.

Munchies
24-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Big Tits ITK making excuses

Do anal on stream now

KSE Comedy Club
24-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Is anyone really surprised though?

'Can we pay on finance?'

Really???

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Silly woman.

I am invisible
24-08-2015, 04:51 PM
Free the Venezuelan Two!

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Is anyone really surprised though?

'Can we pay on finance?'

Really???

She can't know any of that unless somebody is deliberately leaking and has chosen a complete bimbo as a confidante. And it would hardly be surprising if Wenger is low-balling while Marketing are demanding the Monopoly money amounts they are used to chucking around. If somehow she has fucked her way to some solid info and Marketing really want 70mill then good luck too Wenger if he;s telling them to fuck off.

Shame we don't have a London lad who has come through the ranks and is ready to take the PL by storm. That sort of shit used to happen and you had players who would have played for free, just to get a game.

Gooner23
24-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Doesn't really matter who we sign whilst the nutty professor is still in charge. His comments on thinking the West Ham game would be easy suggest that no lessons will be learnt.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Free the Venezuelan Two!

Enormous tits, the pair of 'em.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Or more likely the whole story has been a media invention from day one.

Just because Man United spunked 60 million up the wall for Di Maria doesn't really mean we should be doing similar with Benzema.
If we want someone who is simply just better than Giroud, there are a few strikers in the premier league we could get cheaper.

KSE Comedy Club
24-08-2015, 05:00 PM
She can't know any of that unless somebody is deliberately leaking and has chosen a complete bimbo as a confidante. And it would hardly be surprising if Wenger is low-balling while Marketing are demanding the Monopoly money amounts they are used to chucking around. If somehow she has fucked her way to some solid info and Marketing really want 70mill then good luck too Wenger if he;s telling them to fuck off.

Shame we don't have a London lad who has come through the ranks and is ready to take the PL by storm. That sort of shit used to happen and you had players who would have played for free, just to get a game.
Yes exactly. That's what I mean, she's now just trying to trot out the old excuses we used to hear to cover her arse.

We are in a position to spend a huge amount on a player if we need them now, so why would we be trying to pay in installments?

I reckon a deal was on but RM have pulled the plug because we refused to pay stupid money for him.

KSE Comedy Club
24-08-2015, 05:01 PM
So.......

Cavani must be on now, yeh??

Or Ibra??

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Yes exactly. That's what I mean, she's now just trying to trot out the old excuses we used to hear to cover her arse.

We are in a position to spend a huge amount on a player if we need them now, so why would we be trying to pay in installments?

I reckon a deal was on but RM have pulled the plug because we refused to pay stupid money for him.

Which is foolish on her part because the only way she can get out of this with any sort of credit is to uncover her arse.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 05:03 PM
So.......

Cavani must be on now, yeh??

Or Ibra??

We should start our own, better, rumours. I've always said that and I don't know why we leave it to outsiders.

Özim
24-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Another one of these BS transfer stories, let's be honest this deal never looked feasible for quite a number of reasons.

It's looking likely that we're going to stick with what we've got now, Wenger can't distinguish between top top talent and some of the players we have, he passes up top players far superior to what we have without batting an eyelid and then claims thre's noone available who's better than what we have.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2015, 05:08 PM
We should start our own, better, rumours. I've always said that and I don't know why we leave it to outsiders.

If we do buy it won't be a striker, I think the Lars Bender rumours probably have more about them....we bid for him either last summer or the summer before.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 05:12 PM
If we do buy it won't be a striker, I think the Lars Bender rumours probably have more about them....we bid for him either last summer or the summer before.

Okay great. So are you starting it? Here or on Twatter?

Özim
24-08-2015, 05:14 PM
A whole summer and all we can come up with so far is a substitute keeper.

I despair at our incompetence in the transfer market sometimes.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2015, 05:14 PM
Meh.

He's shit anyway. :coffee:

I am invisible
24-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Chuba's clearly proved his point - bring him back.

fakeyank
24-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Shouldve got Benteke tbh.. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 05:32 PM

Maybe when we were absolutely desperate. But we don't need to scrape that hard now we have a few quid.

Kano
24-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Presumably he'd only leave if that safe status was jeopardised by Marketing making some media headline/ vote rigging signing in the striker role, like Barca did with Suarez last year ridiculously getting rid of Alexis in the process. Even then, I agree, there are better options for him in terms of football. But if the lure is London and the chavs pass then I suppose a move might be convenient for all parties. Do we want a player coming for the London sights and sounds?

We fucked up massively by letting Vidal sail past without raising a finger. That's the kind of character we need (on the pitch at least). Wenger at his most stubborn and blind. Vidal would have been enough for a serious title push. It would have forced the mad bloke in charge to bust up his second rate formation and tactics. Which is probably one of the reasons he ran a mile while a top, top, top, top, top, top quality player who would most certainly improve the team was sailing by right under his nose. Alonso wasn't top, top, top, top, top quality either. He would have killed our one paced, tippy-tappy darlings.

Yep Vidal was the one, the potential game changer for us under Wenger. Not the best passer or dribbler of the ball but we have those in abundance. It would've been like having another Alexis in midfield, harassing the shit out of opposing teams and creating a dynamic in our team we haven't seen for years. And he went for £25m. Unreal. I would've been happy for us to pay twice that amount for him. But again, when you look at the options football wise for him, there is no competition between us and Bayern. A CL semi-final team at least alongside a guaranteed league medal. Instead we get Coquelin. A hard working, well-intentioned player but just another work in progress alongside a host of other players shoehorned into a formation that doesn't fit the personnel.

Kano
24-08-2015, 05:36 PM

The Belgian John Fashunu? No thanks.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-08-2015, 10:13 PM
So Shia Leboeuf ain't coming and now we all want to see some MJ lookalike girl's junk? Can we terminate this thread now.

:d

GP
24-08-2015, 10:23 PM

Well, that's the thing, isn't it? Tonight was his opportunity to prove we were wrong not to sign him, and he failed.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-08-2015, 07:35 PM
There's still time for it being Happy Benzema Day.

Injury Time
25-08-2015, 07:41 PM
There's still time for it being Happy Benzema Day.

:tumbleweed:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-08-2015, 07:59 PM
:lol:

Happy Sanogo recalled day.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 08:09 PM
:lol:

Happy Sanogo recalled day.

That's a joke right?

Not a funny one either.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Don't worry, he is still with Ajax. The new Bergkamp. :bow:

AFC Leveller
25-08-2015, 08:28 PM
One of the DeBoer brothers said that he doesnt know what sanogo's qualities actually are and cant see him making the grade :lol:

Wenger's bigggest wind up since Bischoff?

Özim
25-08-2015, 08:28 PM
One of the De Boer brothers said he had nothing going for him, amazes me Wenger saw something in this guy, can't score a goal for toffee, he's absolutely awful.

hobson's choice
25-08-2015, 09:32 PM
One of the DeBoer brothers said that he doesnt know what sanogo's qualities actually are and cant see him making the grade :lol:

Wenger's bigggest wind up since Bischoff?

Chamack, was Wengers biggest WUM signing to me. To this day, i won't ever understand that signing.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
25-08-2015, 11:55 PM
How quickly people forget Park....

BOBN
26-08-2015, 02:02 AM
Well, that's the thing, isn't it? Tonight was his opportunity to prove we were wrong not to sign him, and he failed.
Well he proved hes better than Giroud, thats for sure.

Whos ever heard of a non-bullying pretty boy target man? Jokes on us.

Power n Glory
26-08-2015, 06:46 AM
How quickly people forget Park....

Kim Kallstrom as well.

selassie
26-08-2015, 08:47 AM
Kim Kallstrom as well.

Mos def, I never understand this deal, especially given he came here injured!

Özim
26-08-2015, 08:48 AM
Mos def, I never understand this deal, especially given he came here injured!

He was good cover according to some people. :coffee: