PDA

View Full Version : 2015 - 2016 Season: A Blow By Blow Account

Maestro
09-08-2015, 05:12 PM
Well given there will be our annual frustrations, ups, downs and levels to be played out in the competitions we're in this season ....thought I'd start this thread to collate our roller coster emotions and stock take of the season's performance by our team.

Yes I know it's predictable but hey here we go it's kicked off today in somewhat unsurprising fashion. Looking at results yesterday I thought with Chelsea dropping points and Utd looking shit on day 1, we'd been handed an advantage ...but we're Arsenal and found a way to outperform our rivals and lose all three points at the very start of the season.

Well it can only get better, if you're bottom of the league I guess

Gubby Allen
09-08-2015, 06:57 PM
There is no need for emotions. There are 38 matches, we will win 22 odd, give or take one either way. Of the other 16 we will lose and draw about 8 each. I wouldn't even be surprised if the 6-8 matches that we won't bother to try in and will have the week off in, have already been pencilled in. (Stoke away will be one).

We'll qualify for the C.L, end about 12 points from the title. Does it really matter which way or order we do it? The individual games within it don't really count for shit any longer.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2015, 07:20 PM
There is no need for emotions. There are 38 matches, we will win 22 odd, give or take one either way. Of the other 16 we will lose and draw about 8 each. I wouldn't even be surprised if the 6-8 matches that we won't bother to try in and will have the week off in, have already been pencilled in. (Stoke away will be one).

We'll qualify for the C.L, end about 12 points from the title. Does it really matter which way or order we do it? The individual games within it don't really count for shit any longer.

It matters to a degree because you can't let things slip too far the wrong way. There has to be at least enough for Ty and his cohorts to work with, so the odd run of wins is useful and you don't want the losses clustered too closely. It was a bit easier last season, we qualified for the main prize with time to spare and were able to chuck the last few league games.