PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal Vs Liverpool; Monday night Football

Pages : [1] 2

AFC Leveller
21-08-2015, 10:08 AM
This is a massive game, our first game at home since the shambles against the spammers. We have a good record against Liverpool at home, we also have a better team so this shouldnt be too complicated. However, if Wenger decides to turn this into a nightmare, he will. He has plenty of ways to fuck things up, he can select the wrong formation/personnel, he can take this game lightly and thus not prepare his players properly, he can bench our penetrative players and play 5, slow CMs and Giroud up tp thus alowing liverpool to play a highline knowing we have no pace, he can do plenty more.

My team would be :

-------Cech------

Bellerin-Merts-Kos-Montreal

--------Coq---Santi---

Ox-------Ozil--------Alexis

----------Giroud-----

Theo and Ramsay to come on if things dont go according to plan.

If this team starts, we start on the front foot and give Liverpool a good hiding.

3-1. Cech mistake on a corner allowing Benteke to rise above him to score, Alexis, Santi and Giroud for us.

Marc Overmars
21-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Not particularly confident after the start we've made, but Liverpool are the one top side we tend to have the upper hand against. Although when we lose to them it tends to be horrific...

I reckon we'll either nick it 2-1 or maybe draw 1-1. Depends on how adventurous we are with the line up and whether we can score early from the inevitable 15-20 minute spell of bluster we'll have. Hopefully we defend better than we have so far, that means at least bloody attempting to block a shot. Coutinho needs to be dealt with to stop the hit and hopers.

Kano
21-08-2015, 05:37 PM
2-0

Even though Liverpool have won their opening two games, they have been severely lacking upfront. 5 shots on target or something similar so far and unless they get somone who can load in consistently good crosses, they're not going to get the best from Bentekkers. Stoke were awful and Bournemouth had a lot of energy but bugger all upfront so I'm not convinced with their new found defensive stability yet either. As long as we don't continue to be so profligate in front of goal, we'll nab one either half.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Draw

We clearly have an issue playing at the Emirates, and although I think the two clean sheets gloss over the fact that Liverpools defence is dog shit....I think they will hold us at bay as we look blunt up front, even against Palace.

1-1

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-08-2015, 05:47 PM
Team id play

Cech, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Bellerin, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ox, Walcott, Ozil, Giroud

Subs: Sanchez, Ramsey, Arteta, Flamini, Gabriel, Debuchy, Ospina

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Team id play

Cech, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Bellerin, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ox, Walcott, Ozil, Giroud

Subs: Sanchez, Ramsey, Arteta, Flamini, Gabriel, Debuchy, Ospina

Gibbs and Theo on one side, Ox and Bellerin on the other? We'd be ripped to shreds. We'd concede 4.

Injury Time
21-08-2015, 10:37 PM
Football on a Monday, you cunts. Can't make it, mate is taking his kid instead. 0-3 Bentakinova hatrick

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-08-2015, 05:54 AM
Gibbs and Theo on one side, Ox and Bellerin on the other? We'd be ripped to shreds. We'd concede 4.

Not necessarily two pacey widemen means our full backs don't have to bomb forward

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-08-2015, 10:32 AM
I hope we give Gomez a little more protection against you. As well as he has done pretty much everything created against us has come down his side getting caught out of position or trying to go forward. Maybe even playing Moreno in front of him would be better.
Hopefully Henderson is fit for this but if he isn't then I would like to see Can come in. He has done well when called upon and is like a freight train when he gets going, can tackle and allows the likes of Milner to get forward more.
Lallana has been shite so I would prefer to see him benched but I can't help feeling Rodgers will persist with him. You'll probably see lots of nice turns and not much else. Maybe the odd turn and flick opening up masses of space, but that'll be so few and far between it's almost irrelevant.

I wouldn't dismiss our defence though. We've been pretty good this whole calender year (the Stoke blip aside) so it's not as if it's only these last two games. Saying that, they;re equally likely to do something monumentally stupid.

Our record at your place isn't that great. I'd take a repeat of the 1-1 with us equalising with a 100th minute penalty.

fakeyank
22-08-2015, 05:34 PM
0-0

GP
22-08-2015, 05:43 PM
3-0

adzzzbatch
22-08-2015, 10:00 PM
3-0

Not an Ozil hat trick?

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Yep, 3-0 Ozil hattrick.

One of these days...

Injury Time
22-08-2015, 11:10 PM
0-0

Take the medication FFS

fakeyank
23-08-2015, 12:28 AM
Take the medication FFS

You got some?

LDG
23-08-2015, 07:33 AM
You got some?

WMUG has

AFC Leveller
23-08-2015, 02:19 PM
We have to pay special attention to hit-andhopeinho tomorrow. He scored against us last season when we gave him all the space in the world and he can hit a decent shot every 10 or other games.

AFC Leveller
24-08-2015, 08:22 AM
Watching silva run the show yesterday mad eme think, why can't Ozil run games like that for us? He has the potential to be the best N10 in the league. One thing that Silva has that makes him shine is players who make runs, pacey players, guys who give him options and openinings and he loves that. We have Ox, Theo, Alexis and even Ramsay who makes runs but we just insist on this slow, middle of the pitch keepball and it makes Ozil look lethargic and simple.

If we can play two wingers today and give Ozil options, im sure he'll bag a couple of asists at least.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Because you are comparing apples and oranges, Ozil showed what he was about last Sunday against Palace, he is not someone who makes runs and takes on his man, he is a distributor and brilliant at it....his passing accuracy and the passes he makes that few people could make are what make him what he is.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Watching silva run the show yesterday mad eme think, why can't Ozil run games like that for us? He has the potential to be the best N10 in the league. One thing that Silva has that makes him shine is players who make runs, pacey players, guys who give him options and openinings and he loves that. We have Ox, Theo, Alexis and even Ramsay who makes runs but we just insist on this slow, middle of the pitch keepball and it makes Ozil look lethargic and simple.

If we can play two wingers today and give Ozil options, im sure he'll bag a couple of asists at least.

The gypos were attacking across the full width of the pitch and Silva had an option every time he got the ball. Navas was not permitted to run inside and jump on Silva's back, nor was Sterling. The Neverton boys didn't like it because they couldn't link arms and build a brick wall, instead they were stretched across the pitch and had to drop midfield men deeper to plug the holes, including the lazy Barkley who refused to do the job and ultimately cost them the first goal.

We have the players to do the same, and when Anelka was leading the line for us we were masters at this broad form of counter-attack. Now we prefer to play everything congested through the middle with Ozil marked by his own team mates.

But you are right, it's a good job Ozil doesn't play for the gypos.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2015, 10:11 AM
I'd like Arteta and Flamini to go, one to be replaced by a wide man and the other a proper ball winner in midfield

In addition to a top striker.

But of course signing players is not the solution, flooding your midfield with identikit ball playing midfielders is

Power n Glory
24-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Because you are comparing apples and oranges, Ozil showed what he was about last Sunday against Palace, he is not someone who makes runs and takes on his man, he is a distributor and brilliant at it....his passing accuracy and the passes he makes that few people could make are what make him what he is.

Wenger once compared his dribbling to Zidane! I don’t know. It just seems to me that we’re only seeing his passing ability and in most cases it’s just ball to feet stuff. We haven’t seen him at his full capacity. Palace wasn’t it and still think he looked better in that game against Napoli. It's really not apple and oranges. He's not a distribute like Pirlo or Xavi. He has a lot more to his game.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 11:21 AM
RE: The gypos yesterday. That said, did you see how shit an ineffective they were when they slowed the game down and gave Neverton the time to organise and chase? Reminded me of something I have seen a thousand times.

Power n Glory
24-08-2015, 11:29 AM
1-1 draw. draw. Our home record hasn’t been good. Sanchez to score and Benteke. He’ll play the same squad as last week.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 11:33 AM
1-1 draw. draw. Our home record hasn’t been good. Sanchez to score and Benteke. He’ll play the same squad as last week.

And same non-tactics. Will probably make the same shitty subs too. 1-1 sounds about right, especially since we have the chance to stay ahead of the chavs and claw back the scousers. We hardly ever take the opportunity to take an opportunity.

Dein-machine
24-08-2015, 02:10 PM
We all expect Wenger to name an unchanged side tonight - because we won at Palace last week. To be fair we won with that exact team ( swapping Cech for Ospina ) when we beat them 4-1 last year. However, they didn't play with any width that day & they played Sterling upfront. This time with Benteke up top & a whole host of new players trying to gel their options are limited to either a Skirtel header from a set piece, Courtinho putting Benteke in on goal or crosses for Benteke.
With this in mind, I would throw Theo upfront & Ox on the right hand side to confuse Rodgers. Ramsey, at the moment is playing poorly & he is simply getting in the way of Santi & Oz by coming in from the right. We need real width & pace. Bournemouth did it to Liverpool at Anfield last week & dominated the 1st half. Getting the ball into the final 3rd quicker than normal is what we need. It will stop their full backs trying to get forward which in turn will stop crosses into Benteke. Agianst a quality player like Courtinho, it is not so bad to lose possession in & around their box as he will be picking up the pieces deep in his own half. If we play with the team that Wenger will choose, we will have Rambo getting in the way in a congested midfield & the slow tippy tappy stuff we play because of lack of pace up top ( Giroud) will result in possession being lost in & around the half way line which then becomes dangerous with Courtinho in their team. He can drive aswell as play the right weight of pass. They will make sure Benteke puts himself close to Merts in these situations and we could be exposed.
I don't rate Liverpool. They could just as easily be sitting on 0 points at the moment from their 2 games. They have a new defensive unit which looked really dodgy against Bournemouth & we should be able to exploit it with quick movement & passing - another reason we shouldn't start with Giroud or Rambo.

Dein-machine
24-08-2015, 02:16 PM
2-0 ( Benzema double )

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2015, 02:23 PM
2-0 ( Benzema double )

I thought he was match tied

Kano
24-08-2015, 03:28 PM
I can see the game being called off if it keeps pelting down like this. The pitch is going to be like shit tonight.

milla
24-08-2015, 03:33 PM
0-3 to Liverpool, Stevie G hattrick. :coffee:

AFC Leveller
24-08-2015, 03:43 PM

I dunno where you got that from but i have never said he was a runner and someone who can dribble, i said the opposite! He needs pace and movement around him to look good and be at his best. If the wide players come inside and Giroud drops deep, Ozil has no space to do his thing and thud looks lazy and out of ideas. Silva (as NQ said) had players making runs, had space to pass the ball into and space to move about and thats why City always win when he is on top form.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2015, 04:13 PM
I can see the game being called off if it keeps pelting down like this. The pitch is going to be like shit tonight.

Nooo we've got state of the art drainage system for that kind of thing, pissed it down when we played Chelsea season before last and still went ahead,

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2015, 04:16 PM
I dunno where you got that from but i have never said he was a runner and someone who can dribble, i said the opposite! He needs pace and movement around him to look good and be at his best. If the wide players come inside and Giroud drops deep, Ozil has no space to do his thing and thud looks lazy and out of ideas. Silva (as NQ said) had players making runs, had space to pass the ball into and space to move about and thats why City always win when he is on top form.

My point is Silva is someone who can run and dribble, so irrespective of how shit and lazy Ramsey is currently they aren't two players you can compare. I think Ozil is far more like Xavi before he got old and started being more deep lying

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 04:20 PM
My point is Silva is someone who can run and dribble, so irrespective of how shit and lazy Ramsey is currently they aren't two players you can compare. I think Ozil is far more like Xavi before he got old and started being more deep lying

Ramsey lazy? That's a bit harsh isn't it? If anything he tries too hard. Shit? Very harsh too. If anything, Wenger is clueless.

fakeyank
24-08-2015, 04:36 PM
We all expect Wenger to name an unchanged side tonight - because we won at Palace last week. To be fair we won with that exact team ( swapping Cech for Ospina ) when we beat them 4-1 last year. However, they didn't play with any width that day & they played Sterling upfront. This time with Benteke up top & a whole host of new players trying to gel their options are limited to either a Skirtel header from a set piece, Courtinho putting Benteke in on goal or crosses for Benteke.
With this in mind, I would throw Theo upfront & Ox on the right hand side to confuse Rodgers. Ramsey, at the moment is playing poorly & he is simply getting in the way of Santi & Oz by coming in from the right. We need real width & pace. Bournemouth did it to Liverpool at Anfield last week & dominated the 1st half. Getting the ball into the final 3rd quicker than normal is what we need. It will stop their full backs trying to get forward which in turn will stop crosses into Benteke. Agianst a quality player like Courtinho, it is not so bad to lose possession in & around their box as he will be picking up the pieces deep in his own half. If we play with the team that Wenger will choose, we will have Rambo getting in the way in a congested midfield & the slow tippy tappy stuff we play because of lack of pace up top ( Giroud) will result in possession being lost in & around the half way line which then becomes dangerous with Courtinho in their team. He can drive aswell as play the right weight of pass. They will make sure Benteke puts himself close to Merts in these situations and we could be exposed.
I don't rate Liverpool. They could just as easily be sitting on 0 points at the moment from their 2 games. They have a new defensive unit which looked really dodgy against Bournemouth & we should be able to exploit it with quick movement & passing - another reason we shouldn't start with Giroud or Rambo.

So looks like we are starting with Giroud and Rambo then..

Master Splinter
24-08-2015, 05:04 PM
If we go with Alexis and Theo or Alexis and Oxlade either side of Bif, we'll play well and win well.

If, as expected, WUMger sticks to narrow, one-paced drudgery, it will be a nervy match decided on a piece of pubbery.

So 1-1 it is.

Wemger :doh:.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2015, 05:05 PM
Ramsey lazy? That's a bit harsh isn't it? If anything he tries too hard. Shit? Very harsh too. If anything, Wenger is clueless.

He tries too hard to be Roy of the Rovers and be the match winning goal scorer, in terms of actually rolling his sleeves up the amount of times you see him trundle back when the other team is in possession.
He is shit at times gives the ball away under no pressure and then gives away needless free kicks trying to atone. His passing can be diabolical....as can his link up play.
Don't get me wrong on form he can be a handy player, but I don't think he fits into our system well enough to be playing week in, week out...which yes I accept is Wengers shortcoming

Marc Overmars
24-08-2015, 05:27 PM
We need to win now to avoid a riot, after the Benzema news.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 05:28 PM
Daily Excrement's match-up analysis for tonight's game.

Attacking midfield - Mesut Ozil v PHILIPPE COUTINHO
Ozil, a World Cup winner, should be winning this hands down against a player who cannot get in Brazil’s squad. Coutinho, however, offers far more on a more consistent basis. Ozil drifts in and out of games and has the potential to go missing for weeks on end. Liverpool playmaker Coutinho, meanwhile, is fast emerging as one of the division’s best and is starting to seize the initiative when it matters most, evidenced by his stunning winner on the opening day at Stoke.

Have to agree with all of that, except the bit about Ozil being a World Cup winner. Technically yes, he was in the team that won the cup. But no way should he have been, not after moving to Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 05:30 PM

Are you sure there actually is any Benzema news? I haven't seen anything that could be considered news. Rodney Marsh's Spanish mate, some big tittied tart, Maestro's pisshead cousin and the Daily Star. Room for doubt I'd say.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2015, 05:34 PM

What news? The confirmation that all the stories linking him with a move here were in fact utter Bollocks, and that actually if anything we should be glad that we didn't spaff our cash load over Real Madrid for an average player.
I think Aubemeyang would fit better into the system we are trying to play.

Power n Glory
24-08-2015, 05:34 PM

Ozil isn't a Xavi type player. That's how he looks playing at Arsenal.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-08-2015, 05:43 PM
Looks like there will be no Lallana for this.

Damn.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Looks like there will be no Lallana for this.

Damn.

Damn :fury:

Master Splinter
24-08-2015, 05:47 PM
I think Aubemeyang would fit better into the system we are trying to play.

The system where we put the speedy, penetrative forwards/wingers on the bench in favour of three central attacking midfielders who are never dropped?

The system where pace, movement and balance are considered unnecessary?

Kano
24-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Rodgers has as good as said how he is going to approach the game - sit back, squeeze us in and watch us flick and trick into nothing. Full backs are vital in these games, a big reason why we struggled against West Ham because they didn't overlap enough. Tip-tappy works as long as we can keep the ball moving, probing one side then the other, stretching their line and concentration. Going through the middle is the problem and only works occasionally yet somehow, the players forget that too often. As long as we keep our movement sharp, keeping the ball moving across their line at pace and utilise the full width of the pitch then we'll be fine. Ox is a clear starter over Theo to ensure that but you can't see it happening.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Damn :fury:

Indeed.

May mean Firmino starts as well. Which if my username is anything to go by means he'll score the winner. For you.

Henderson looking doubtful too, which will mean one of Lucas or Can. I'd prefer Can since he can run. And walk. And generally move.

Power n Glory
24-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Rodgers has as good as said how he is going to approach the game - sit back, squeeze us in and watch us flick and trick into nothing. Full backs are vital in these games, a big reason why we struggled against West Ham because they didn't overlap enough. Tip-tappy works as long as we can keep the ball moving, probing one side then the other, stretching their line and concentration. Going through the middle is the problem and only works occasionally yet somehow, the players forget that too often. As long as we keep our movement sharp, keeping the ball moving across their line at pace and utilise the full width of the pitch then we'll be fine. Ox is a clear starter over Theo to ensure that but you can't see it happening.

We'll be in trouble regardless if they sit back and Giroud does his statue impersonation. Ox often loses the ball, same goes for Sanchez and with full backs overlapping we are ripe for the counter attack. I wouldn't say Ox is a clear starter over Theo in that sense. We need to panic Liverpool and I don't know if we can pull that off if they sit deep. Ox doesn't have the end product imo and Theo has the end product but can't dribble like Ox. We'll need a different approach.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez, Milner, Can, Lucas, Firmino, Coutinho, Benteke
Subs: Bogdan, Sakho, Moreno, Origi, Ings, Ibe, Rossiter

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Arsenal: Cech, Bellerin, Chambers, Gabriel, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud

Subs: Ospina, Arteta, Debuchy, Flamini, Gibbs, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott

Liverpool: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez, Milner, Can, Lucas, Firmino, Coutinho, Benteke

Subs: Bogdan, Sakho, Moreno, Origi, Ings, Ibe, Rossiter

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 06:01 PM
I hope our back four are up to it tonight.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Wait what?

Where's Koscielny and Mertesacker?

Ahh. Back injury and ill, respectively.

Kano
24-08-2015, 06:04 PM
We'll be in trouble regardless if they sit back and Giroud does his statue impersonation. Ox often loses the ball, same goes for Sanchez and with full backs overlapping we are ripe for the counter attack. I wouldn't say Ox is a clear starter over Theo in that sense. We need to panic Liverpool and I don't know if we can pull that off if they sit deep. Ox doesn't have the end product imo and Theo has the end product but can't dribble like Ox. We'll need a different approach.
That doesn't mean both full backs bomb forward at the same time and that space behind should be covered by the attacker behind who isn't as far forward - or shouldn't be anyway. Theo is no good in games where we face a wall, he always struggles to make an impact and Ox will go at people and force the issue a bit more. They are definitely going to sit deep, like most teams do against us, so using width is the only way to counteract that but that doesn't have to mean both wingers and full backs are progressively forward all the time. If you can get the first goal in the first fifteen it opens up the game and changes how Liverpool approach things so we can respond differently too. When we don't score for ages, then it becomes a problem because we rapidly run out of ideas.

Master Splinter
24-08-2015, 06:06 PM
At least Chambers gets to play at CB again, where he performed well.

3-3 tbh.

Kano
24-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Where's our defence?

Edit: back injury and illness apparently.

Thank God Sturridge isn't playing.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Where's our defence?

Dead.

Gooner23
24-08-2015, 06:10 PM
Massive test for the centre backs, hopefully the midfielders are intelligent enough to realise that and offer them plenty of protection.

No Ox again though FFS.

Kano
24-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Dead.

Cech's Midas touch continues.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2015, 06:15 PM
No Merts and Kos? FFS.

Revised prediction;

0-2.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 06:16 PM
Same old crap tonight then, except with a weaker defence.

Power n Glory
24-08-2015, 06:17 PM
That doesn't mean both full backs bomb forward at the same time and that space behind should be covered by the attacker behind who isn't as far forward - or shouldn't be anyway. Theo is no good in games where we face a wall, he always struggles to make an impact and Ox will go at people and force the issue a bit more. They are definitely going to sit deep, like most teams do against us, so using width is the only way to counteract that but that doesn't have to mean both wingers and full backs are progressively forward all the time. If you can get the first goal in the first fifteen it opens up the game and changes how Liverpool approach things so we can respond differently too. When we don't score for ages, then it becomes a problem because we rapidly run out of ideas.

Not both bombing forwards but we'll be vulnerable on the flanks. It looks like Liverpool are playing 3-5-2 so expect 5 at the back. Let's hope the tinkering for Liverpool is a tactical nightmare that works in our favour.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Not both bombing forwards but we'll be vulnerable on the flanks. It looks like Liverpool are playing 3-5-2 so expect 5 at the back. Let's hope the tinkering for Liverpool is a tactical nightmare that works in our favour.

Nah it looks like a straight forward 433. Gomez at left back (played well but gets caught out), a midfield of Can, Milner and Lucas with Coutinho and Firmino running about around/behind Benteke, but nominally forwards.

Kano
24-08-2015, 06:20 PM

I don't think a flawless system exists, particularly when you are forced to commit forward and break down a stubborn defence. If the rest of the team are switched on then you can compensate for the risks you have to take but width is essential to stretch their back line and keep pushing it from side to side. We'll score first tonight but we have to build on that.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 06:24 PM
We should all be tweeting Wenger begging him to play a narrow and congested game at a snail's pace. Buy Martin Samuel a pie and ask him to write a piece about the wisdom of keeping all our pace on the bench.

AFC Leveller
24-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Ramsay the flying winger instead of ox

We we will lose this, esp since we have a makeshift defense.

Power n Glory
24-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Nah it looks like a straight forward 433. Gomez at left back (played well but gets caught out), a midfield of Can, Milner and Lucas with Coutinho and Firmino running about around/behind Benteke, but nominally forwards.

You're right. That sucks for us. I see 442 have revised our formation as well with Ramsey wide instead of in the middle.

Power n Glory
24-08-2015, 06:31 PM
I don't think a flawless system exists, particularly when you are forced to commit forward and break down a stubborn defence. If the rest of the team are switched on then you can compensate for the risks you have to take but width is essential to stretch their back line and keep pushing it from side to side. We'll score first tonight but we have to build on that.

We'll, we know Ox isn't playing and with Ramsey playing wide turning over the ball, we might be even more vulnerable. That boy needs to get some goals.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 06:39 PM
I'm glad Bellerin is back today and I hope Alexis can find his form.

Kano
24-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Stop it Thierry. Your bias is getting awkward.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 06:56 PM
COME ON ARSENAL!!! Lets not get spanked :pray:

Dein-machine
24-08-2015, 06:56 PM
3 games in & Wengers disasterous transfer dealings already being shown up. Nobody up top to create something to break down West Ham & now having to rely on Chamo & Paulista as CBs. Merts should have started this year as back up CB instead of being named captain, we needed a top CB to partner Kos.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 06:57 PM
cech better not be a dick tonight.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 06:59 PM
That's a weird crest Wenger has on his blazer.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Shit passing at the back.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:02 PM
FFS Sort it out Arsenal!

Dein-machine
24-08-2015, 07:03 PM
Girouds 1st 3 touches gives the ball away with no pressure - he is a million miles frm what we need up top

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:03 PM
We should be 1-0 down right now.

Globalgunner
24-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Apparently no one at Arsenal are aware that Coutinho likes a shot

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Too slow tippy tappy.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Sky upset that Coq wasn't sent off last week :rolleyes:

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:07 PM
OOOOOOO

McNamara That Ghost...
Pub defending from Liverpool. :haha:

Shaqiri Is Boss
My god.

Fucking hoof it you dicks.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Disallowed goal for Ramsey. Cunts.

Clearly onside.

adzzzbatch
Damn

adzzzbatch
Onside :rolleyes:

GP
Onside.

Robbed. FFS. Should be winning.

adzzzbatch
CUNTS!

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-08-2015, 07:09 PM
My stream is quite far behind.

Master Splinter
Fucking useless officials.

Corruption :bow:.

McNamara That Ghost...
Benteke shot, Cech saves.

adzzzbatch
We're making benteke look good :doh:

Marc Overmars
24-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Shitty fucking lino.

Clearly onside.

adzzzbatch
ref is twat.

McNamara That Ghost...
Alexis shot, blocked.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Monreal :bow:

GP
24-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Ozil and Rambo running the show.

Kano
24-08-2015, 07:12 PM
Clearly onside.

Globalgunner
24-08-2015, 07:12 PM
We see here the problem caused by our managers refusal to rotate. Chambers and Gabriel would never get games until someone gets injured. Now we have both of them coming in cold. Hardly saw them pre-season eitheer

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Need to make this pressure count.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Bloody hell Chambers. Coquelin saves his arse.

adzzzbatch
Fuck off chambers

GP
Oh Chambo...

Marc Overmars
Chambers. :doh:

Kano
Comedy show at the back.

adzzzbatch
Cut that shit out!

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Shit I hope Coq is ok to come back on

Globalgunner
Suicide part of the menu today it seems. Thanks for Coq

adzzzbatch
Any progress we had made defensively has been whipped out this season.

fakeyank
This team is supposed to be title challengers?! :haha:

Dein-machine
24-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Czech is gonna have to kick long tonight - we can't trust the two comedians in front of him

fakeyank
24-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Why not play Monreal at CB with monkey boy and keep Chambers on the bench? Oh, I forget... Wenger! :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Ramsey with the needless flicks. :lol:

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Fuck off milner you cunt

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:20 PM
I'd managed to forget about that Monaco game :doh:

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Ref is a cunt isn't he? Deliberate pull back under his nose and no booking. Wait until one of our lads does that.

adzzzbatch
first booking of the night will be an Arsenal player.

McNamara That Ghost...
Lovren. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
Stop cheating Lovren.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:22 PM
bellerin :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
Coquelin tackle machine. :bow:

fakeyank
Coq is a beast.

Dein-machine
Why when we get a corner don't we kick it straight out for a goal kick - it will save us getting attacked

Niall_Quinn
Fucking ludicrous challenge by Coquelin. Lucky that ref is incompetent.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Coq is a pub team scrote.

adzzzbatch
What a comedy act we have at the back :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
Coquelin in his Pirlo disguise.

Power n Glory
Chambers is having a mare.

Globalgunner
24-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Coq is a pub team scrote.

Without him wed be losing this

adzzzbatch
"It's a tight line that you tread with those challenges"

Yeah if your an Arsenal player.

chelski get away with it all the time. :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
Cech saves from Milner nearpost.

Chambers having a stinker.

LDG
Coq is saving Chambers blushes

adzzzbatch
chambers is killing us.

Marc Overmars
Defence is so shaky.

Globalgunner
24-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Chambers must be on the take

adzzzbatch
Cazorla FFS!!!

adzzzbatch
All these stupid mistakes!!

Master Splinter
Chambers and Cazorla are destroying us. Woeful from both so far.

fakeyank
24-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Sub out Chambers or swap him with Nacho. We cant continue long like this without conceding.

adzzzbatch
We're fucking awful.

Kano
Gibbs on Monreal into the centre please Wenger.

Ozil off and Flamini on is what we'll get.

McNamara That Ghost...
Well done Cech.

Niall_Quinn
Look at the space Liverpool's wide men have. It's such a simple tactic to play against us and every manager knows we'll never adapt our game.

Our manager kills us week in week out.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2015, 07:27 PM
Yeah let's not play the advantage, that makes too much sense.

Gooner23
24-08-2015, 07:27 PM
Suicidal from us,just got caught with 6 players ahead of the ball.

Chambers is having a mare but absolutely no protection from midfield and Giroud a wet blanket up front. And will Wenger see this and react. Will he fuck.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2015, 07:28 PM
Bellerin trolling Benteke.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:28 PM
Pretty much all Liverpool.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-08-2015, 07:29 PM
This is what usually happens.

You'll score right before/after HT.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Why are we trying to construct every attack at 100mph? :unsure:

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Alexis :doh:

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 07:31 PM
LOOK AT THAT FFS!

We get some space wide and the ball is immediately played backwards.

fakeyank
Chambers match rating so far -8

Power n Glory
Tekkers from Benteke..

adzzzbatch
If Wenger has any sense left he'll sub chambers at HT.

Globalgunner
Would be merciful right now to take off Chambers

Master Splinter
24-08-2015, 07:33 PM
Cazorla is drunk today.

McNamara That Ghost...
Brilliant fom Gabriel.

adzzzbatch
:haha: defence

Niall_Quinn
I think we should keep doing this for another hour. Maybe we'll randomly win.

Good defending by Gabriel.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:34 PM
Smith is really enjoying this one.

Dein-machine
If Wenger has any sense left he'll sub chambers at HT.

It's a big IF

Gooner23
We really have 0 football intelligence. Sure when everything comes off its good, but there's no game management. That comes from the manager.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:35 PM
Our passing is atrocious

Power n Glory
Jeez, Gabby has some gleaming white nashers on him. Dwyane Dibbly indeed.

LDG
This shows all that is wrong with Wenger's preperation and tactics.

Poor shape, not utilising our strengths.

The best player for us is the one Wenger was going to let go.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 07:36 PM
We really have 0 football intelligence. Sure when everything comes off its good, but there's no game management. That comes from the
the manager.

As the seasons go by he gets more out of touch. He's in his own little world. He'd come 4th if he was managing Barca or Bayern.

Kano
Has anyone in this team ever met before they got onto pitch?

adzzzbatch
caught in possession again. :doh:

Master Splinter
Cazorla again. :doh:

Power n Glory
It's an open game. Ox and Theo have to come on.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 07:37 PM
As soon as that ball goes backwards or square, the move is over. Every time we play it into traffic, move over. Ever time we slow it down, move over.

Power n Glory
24-08-2015, 07:37 PM
Cazorla again. :doh:

He has these moments. A bit reckless.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:38 PM
We aren't looking good at all.

Niall_Quinn

72 and 92 minutes. But it'll be Gibbs and Arteta.

McNamara That Ghost...
What a save from Cech to deny Bentekkers!

adzzzbatch
What shit is this!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS!!!!!!!!

fakeyank
WTF kind of defending is that?!!!??

Dein-machine
I Giroud isn't going to win a header or hold a ball up - what is his use.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 07:39 PM
Cech starts paying back that fee. Great save.

LDG
As soon as that ball goes backwards or square, the move is over. Every time we play it into traffic, move over. Ever time we slow it down, move over.

Spot on

Kano
We're making Liverpool look great by not being able to pass a simple ball to each other.

McNamara That Ghost...
Cech saves again!

Globalgunner
Cech has arrived but we are shit

adzzzbatch
We're done. We need HT.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:40 PM
It's your team Wenger FFS!

Gooner23
I Giroud isn't going to win a header or hold a ball up - what is his use.

He is a fucking pussy.

Kano

Perfect for Theo. but we have to have a crash course on passing at half time first.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:41 PM
FUCK OFF!!!! SHIT FK!!!

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Chambers needs to fuck off

fakeyank
Chambers might as well wear a Liverpool shirt :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
What is Chambers on?

Niall_Quinn
Chambers looked decent when he first arrived. Then Wenger worked his magic.

Dein-machine
24-08-2015, 07:43 PM
If Chabers is not subbed at half time, Wenger needs shooting

Gooner23
As the seasons go by he gets more out of touch. He's in his own little world. He'd come 4th if he was managing Barca or Bayern.

I just can't understand how you can sit on your ass and watch your team get hung out to dry. They need some direction because they can't figure it out themselves.

Niall_Quinn
Tippy Tappy Bullshit

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:44 PM
That;s how you defend not whatever it is we do.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:44 PM
We're so shit :haha:

fakeyank
24-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Cech saving our bacon

adzzzbatch
Liverpool playing against statues.

McNamara That Ghost...
Cech. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
Peter Cech - welcome to Arsenal. You're on your own now son.

Thierrymon
This is awful. Regretting getting up early for this.

adzzzbatch
Cech saving our bacon

About time after the shit he pulled against west ham.

Dein-machine
We really could be 5 down

fakeyank
If Chabers is not subbed at half time, Wenger needs shooting

Judge him at the end of the season :letters: :rolleyes:

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:46 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Globalgunner
Clueless: making pool look like the Harlem Globetrotteers

McNamara That Ghost...
0-0 HT. We should be 1-0 up but lost our heads thereafter.

adzzzbatch
Shittest half of football in a long time.

LDG
24-08-2015, 07:47 PM
This is absolutely disgusting.

Fucking clueless our manager. Clueless.

GP
24-08-2015, 07:47 PM
Not great, passing has gone to shit. Chambers had a mare.

Gabriel has been very good, Cech excellent.

Still, should be winning.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Rancid.

Nothing more to say other than well done Cech and Coq.

Despite everything though, Ramsey's goal should have stood.

Sort your fucking lives out Arsenal. Jesus.

Dein-machine
Judge him at the end of the season :letters: :rolleyes:

Yeh, where is Letters with his progress report. We murdered this lot 4-1 only 5 months ago

selassie
Wow, getting torn to shreds by Liverpool at home. I hope we improve otherwise can see us losing this.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
Lop sided attack, defence that have never played together because Wenger doesn't believe in rotation....Chambers being bested by Coutinho and Benteke.
Apart from the Ramsey goal, created literally nothing because we are so predictable.

Someone give Coquelin a fucking hand here, he can't be everywhere at once.

Kano
24-08-2015, 07:50 PM
They should be told to get out on the pitch and practice passing, fuck sitting on their arse look remorseful that was shambolic. The fans paying through the arse for the best entertainment in the Capital? Wenger isn't going to say fuck all of interest so just get out there and start getting ready to make up for that bullshit of a first half. Fair enough if we're played off the park but a far better team but we're handing this to Liverpool and we have to be thankful their forward line isn't good enough to take advantage. Looks like we'll literally have to put it in our own net for them if this carries on.

AFC Leveller
24-08-2015, 07:50 PM

We look so open at CB it's scary. Chambers having a mare

Funk this, we will be lucky to draw this.

Master Splinter
24-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Why is it that they all have a breakdown at the same time?

Chambers is understandable. But Cazorla is the most experienced outfield player there and he's playing like a clown.

We've scored the only goal of the game, Liverpool have had more chances, but they've all come from horrendous mistakes.

If we can't sort the defence out over half-time, at least get the ineffective Cazorla or Giroud off and put on players like Ox and Theo who'll thrive in the space and give Liverpool something to worry about.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 07:52 PM
Obviously Wenger needs to be sacked. Quite serious.

Murdered on the opening day at home against the Hammers.

Pubbed a random win against Palace.

Murdered at home again by a very, very ordinary Liverpool.

And all because we have no tactics, no appreciation of the opponent, no pre-game preparation and no in-game management.

This is supposed to be a title challenge.

He won't do anything at half time, he'll send them out to play exactly the same way. He's been done for seasons now but we still have to drag him around like an anchor.

Doesn't matter if we win, lose or draw this game. Really doesn't. Because plainly this manager has learned fuck all and is determined not to change a thing. A dinosaur. A stubborn old goat. But also a legend so he's now 5-6 seasons beyond his sell by date but still here.

Get Owen Coyle on the phone.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2015, 07:52 PM

Should be losing and very badly. Should be 5-1 down not for Cech and Coquelin

Monreal and Bellerin been bum raped, and Chambers looks exactly how you'd expect someone to look after you've chucked them in at the deep end despite playing hardly any first team football.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Potentially buying a house made me feel a bit sad that I wouldn't be able to afford to watch Arsenal play for a while, but shit like against west ham and tonight makes me feel a little bit better about it.

LDG
24-08-2015, 07:54 PM
It's absurdly simple.

When we get the ball at the back, get it wide quick.

Fuck this shit fucking bollocks of passing it out slower than a cart horse so ghey can pick us off.

Where is the poxy management from the sidelines?

LDG
24-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Liverpool are playing well in midfield, but we should be killing it in there. Again, lack of cohesion with nobody other than Coq know what they're supposed to be doing.

Giroud is redundent, so get him off, or get someone on to play to his strengths.

Grrrrrr! :angry:

GP
24-08-2015, 07:58 PM
It's absurdly simple.

Fuck this shit fucking bollocks of passing it out slower than a cart horse so ghey can pick us off.

Calm down.

Marc Overmars
A Coutinho comber and Benteke to pub one in I reckon. :rose:

Globalgunner
Pool struggled to beat Bouremouth but here they are taking the mickey at our stadium. When the hell are we going to get past this non progressive Wenger management. Everybody else can read him like a book but he never sees anything himself.

Gooner23
24-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Just go out lads and see what happens.

That will be Wengers half time message.

LDG
Calm down.

No :angry:

Niall_Quinn
It's absurdly simple.

I'd go even further and suggest we bring Ox on. The player that looked great during pre-season when played wide. He had bundles of energy, wanted to take players on, gave us great width and terrorised the opposition defenders.

I'd go further still - play him on the wing, not as a DM.

Okay, I'm putting this out there, how about Theo up front? Giroud is a very pretty lamppost who has great hair, but he can stand there all night once the game is finished. For now let's get Theo on, pump a few over for him to chase, spray a few wide for Ox, mix it up a bit.

But what do I know? I don't get paid anywhere near £8mill.

Dein-machine
24-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Can't wait to see what the tactical genious does at Half time

Marc Overmars
24-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Pool struggled to beat Bouremouth but here they are taking the mickey at our stadium. When the hell are we going to get past this non progressive Wenger management. Everybody else can read him like a book but he never sees anything himself.

Forget about Liverpool, West Ham looked like world beaters against us and they went and lost at home to Leicester and Bournemouth.

When we're bad, we're really bad.

Kano
Chambers still on :lol:

selassie
Why the fuck does Santi keep trying to dribble the ball out of our penalty area? It's madness. I'd personally get Chambers off & bring on Debuchy at CB, Chambers has been a walking disaster, absolutely horrible.

Niall_Quinn
No changes from the professor. More of the same please lads. Eventually it will work, and besides what else could we possibly do except the same thing over and over again?

Dein-machine
24-08-2015, 08:02 PM
No subs - what a suprise

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Benteke is showing how you play that role. He's showing Giroud up for what he is.

Niall_Quinn
No subs - what a suprise

72 mins. It's the law.

Power n Glory
Ramsey and Cazorla are playing like shit.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 08:04 PM
We're the best at making shit look world class.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Ramsey and Cazorla are playing like shit.

All of our lads have to be at the top of their game all the time to pull these batshit crazy tactics off.

rodders
24-08-2015, 08:05 PM
A total shambles

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Cazorla shot, easily blocked.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Come on Arsenal FFS.

Dein-machine
If Liverpool score then he will bring on Walcott & Ox. This would suggest we are more likely to score with them on. If that's the case why aren't they on already

adzzzbatch
What is giroud doing?

Niall_Quinn
Tippy Tappy :bow:

Power n Glory
24-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Giroud looking like a statue.

Niall_Quinn
If Liverpool score then he will bring on Walcott & Ox. This would suggest we are more likely to score with them on. If that's the case why aren't they on already

Because it's not 72 mins yet

Dein-machine
I love Santi but he can't shoot

adzzzbatch
And the shit passing continues