PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction: ARSENAL 0-0 lpool

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 08:51 PM
Shit. Again.

This is gonna be a llllllllooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggg gggggggg season.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Sign a striker WUMger for all that is holy. And un.

LDG
24-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Never known a team so frustrating to watch. Doing my nut it.

Same old crap.

Marc Overmars
Bag of shite.

Improved in the 2nd half but again we looked blunt up front.

Title challengers? No, not anywhere close at the moment.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
Dreadful appalling first half, much improved second half

There is no getting away from the fact that we should have been losing pretty badly by HT

Dominance in the final twenty minutes but no real clear cut chances

Shaqiri Is Boss
That'll do me.

We edged the first half; should have scored at least one but for good goalkeeping. And hilariously bad defending on your part. We got very lucky with your disallowed goal. You bossed the second half but weren't with it in attack.

A big improvement on last season's fixture though, so I'll take that.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2015, 08:55 PM
That'll do me.

We edged the first half; should have scored at least one but for good goalkeeping. And hilariously bad defending on your part. We got very lucky with your disallowed goal. You bossed the second half but weren't with it in attack.

A big improvement on last season's fixture though, so I'll take that.

Fair assessment id say

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Wenger is never going to change. And so we are going to have the same season over and over again until he leaves. There is no progress here. Better players, still the same old problems. He could at least tell us when he's gong to leave so we'll know when to start looking forward to something different.

A Gunner
24-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Dreadful appalling first half, much improved second half

There is no getting away from the fact that we should have been losing pretty badly by HT

Dominance in the final twenty minutes but no real clear cut chances

To say we should be losing badly is unfair. We had a goal disallow, and Cech is our keeper, so he saved shots. It's not like they score 5 legtimate goals and all were disallowed.

But played badly we did in the first half.

LDG
24-08-2015, 08:57 PM
5 points off the lead with 3 played.

It'll be 10 in the next 4.

Challenge over once again.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
Bag of shite.

Improved in the 2nd half but again we looked blunt up front.

Title challengers? No, not anywhere close at the moment.

Since the Liverpool game last season we've won one out of six games

Scoring four goals (although something of an outlier because all those four goals were in one game)

Clear problem playing at home, it's not psychological it's more that teams know how to nullify us

Master Splinter
Team selection wrong again, which leads to another turgid start, which is then compounded by individuals making dreadful errors.

Decent second half and we looked even more dangerous when Oxlade came on and actually had some width, directness, pace and movement.

Coquelin outstanding. There's no second-season letdown from him at all so far, it's just that the midfielders around him are all playing like idiots.

Cech, Gabriel and Ozil good too.

Coyle in.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 08:58 PM

Definitely and you don't even need to look at the points tally to know it. Just look at the formation, the tactics, the team selections, the subs. Same old shit.

Dein-machine
24-08-2015, 08:58 PM
That feels like a victory - we were so shit. Anyway Muslim Drag Queens starting on channel 4.

A Gunner
24-08-2015, 08:59 PM

Scoring four goals (although something of an outlier because all those four goals were in one game)

Clear problem playing at home, it's not psychological it's more that teams know how to nullify us

Apparently we only scored one out of our last six home game.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
That feels like a victory - we were so shit. Anyway Muslim Drag Queens starting on channel 4.

Is that an actual thing?

adzzzbatch

That's after an FA Cup win (again) and a great pre season including a win against chelski!

We don't build on anything! The mind boggles!

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Is that an actual thing?

Which part?

Niall_Quinn

Yeah but it's fine because the chavs had won the title, we were never going to catch them, so it was perfectly legit to take our foot off the gas. Besides, it's really easy to rebuild momentum from scratch. No need to maintain it. It's on tap.

Marc Overmars
That's after an FA Cup win (again) and a great pre season including a win against chelski!

We don't build on anything! The mind boggles!

We just get the wrecking ball out and start again.

Gooner23
How many times does this line up have to fail before Wenger makes the required changes. Pathetic management not to play Ox or Theo on the right.

fakeyank
24-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Sign a striker WUMger for all that is holy. And un.

And a striker will do exactly what? The team will tippy tappy all day around the box.. no point buying a striker.

Fire the manager and the club is sorted.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 09:01 PM
We just get the wrecking ball out and start again.

That's exactly what it seems like! :banghead:

Power n Glory
24-08-2015, 09:02 PM
That was shit but a draw was predictable but didn't expect a goalless draw.

Coquelin should have got man of the match but Cech made a save that really did keep us in the game.

Wenger's team selection let's us down again. Poor poor games from Cazorla, Ramsey, Chambers and Giroud were bad. Better second half but a too little too late.

Chambers cheque

Kano
24-08-2015, 09:02 PM

It was over after that first game.

The tone was set then and the problems with the team were there for all to see. Any of the good will we put behind the team at the start of the has been well and truly shat on.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 09:03 PM
That was shit but a draw was predictable but didn't expect a goalless draw.

Coquelin should have got man of the match but Cech made a save that really did keep us in the game.

Wenger's team selection let's us down again. Poor poor games from Cazorla, Ramsey, Chambers and Giroud were bad. Better second half but a too little too late.

Chambers cheque

Where was our goal gonna come from?

LDG
24-08-2015, 09:04 PM
How many times does this line up have to fail before Wenger makes the required changes. Pathetic management not to play Ox or Theo on the right.

Because he has to lever Ramsey in somewhere. It's fucking stupidity.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 09:05 PM
It was over after that first game.

The tone was set then and the problems with the team were there for all to see. Any of the good will we put behind the team at the start of the has been well and truly shat on.

It was very much like (as said after the first game) the players believed the hype after beating chelski and decided they could lay back and the wins would come. Massive wake up call it's been since though. We're going to out of the title race in September.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2015, 09:06 PM

Don't forget, he thinks Ox's future is as a deep lying central midfielder. Such a genius only he can see it.

I am invisible
24-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Good to see the plan to get more goals from everywhere is going well...

Gooner23
24-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Because he has to lever Ramsey in somewhere. It's fucking stupidity.

I'm so angry with it.

At least when we had shitter players the poor performances weren't as depressing. But now we actually have a good squad of players and we still make the same fucking mistakes.

Dein-machine
24-08-2015, 09:10 PM
How ill is Merts. I used to drink 20 pints + several scotch & coke's every sat night - get in at 6.00am, projectile vomit & be kicking the shit out of people on Wandsworth Common 9.00 o'clock sunday morning. I was worse than Ill every week.

Power n Glory
24-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Where was our goal gonna come from?

Someone usually pubs it in if we concede. Ramsey scored a goal also and Giroud should have scored. But it's not good enough.

Munchies
24-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Missed the game but apparently we had a perfect goal ruled out for offside :doh:

Dein-machine
24-08-2015, 09:13 PM
61 shots on goal - the most in the league - 2 goals. Anyone reckon they can help Wenger work it out.

LDG
24-08-2015, 09:15 PM
The manager needs to grow a pair and select the best players invtheir correct positions. Not play a player put of position in order to play all of his best players.

One of Theo or Ox needs to play on the right.

One of Ramsey or Cazorla needs to play CM.

Ozil should always be no.10

Sanchez left.

As we won't be getting a striker, it's a moo point, but balance the team, and get width, you stretch the team and create chances.

There was one point in the second galf where Giroud, Ozil, Ramsey and someone else on a red shirt where all around the edge of the box within two feet of each other, no exageration. It's ridiculous how a premier league team are playing the way kids play when they're eight years old.

Penguin
24-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Ox subbed on 82 minutes in :haha:

Forget the late subs, how he isn't starting games after the pre-season he has just had is anyone's guess. Maybe he isn't ineffective enough. Bless him he's young, he needs a bit more time to learn how to be a useless statue like Giroud. Can't be having that explosiveness, taking people on or actually having an attempt on goal. Don't worry lads, Wenger will coach that out of him.

Özim
24-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Here we go again same sh*t different season. If we start well we falter and the end and if we start badly we go on a run at the end of the season and some people think we're the muts nuts and are title contenders.

Time for some people (and the manager to wake up), this team isn't going anywhere, it wasn't all that last season and it's not all that now (why would it be when there's been barely a change). No doubt we'll be having the same conversation about how things have changed at the beginning of next season.

4th place here we come.

Kano
24-08-2015, 09:19 PM
I'm so angry with it.

At least when we had shitter players the poor performances weren't as depressing. But now we actually have a good squad of players and we still make the same fucking mistakes.

As fans we are guilty of letting last years run and Wembley final kick about cover over the cracks. We've been navel gazing. Cooing over the depth of quality we have. On paper. On fucking paper mind you. Reality in this pub league is different. We need a bastard thug in midfield and a tank in defence, added with a scrote up front.

Think of a winning team. Then list the amount of horrible cunts that play for them.

Then look at our soft-bellied team. How many are hated by opposition fans? How many will do the necessary to win and drag us through the shit of this league.

Unless we get some real bastards back into our first eleven we'll never win this league again.

Munchies
24-08-2015, 09:20 PM
The manager needs to grow a pair and select the best players invtheir correct positions. Not play a player put of position in order to play all of his best players.

One of Theo or Ox needs to play on the right.

One of Ramsey or Cazorla needs to play CM.

Ozil should always be no.10

Sanchez left.

As we won't be getting a striker, it's a moo point, but balance the team, and get width, you stretch the team and create chances.

There was one point in the second galf where Giroud, Ozil, Ramsey and someone else on a red shirt where all around the edge of the box within two feet of each other, no exageration. It's ridiculous how a premier league team are playing the way kids play when they're eight years old.

Fuck sake, same fucking shit every game

Gooner23
24-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Giroud was pathetic tonight. Not just the misses but the all round lethargic display. Barely won a header, didn't hold the ball up and was a complete statue in the box.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Someone usually pubs it in if we concede. Ramsey scored a goal also and Giroud should have scored. But it's not good enough.

Ramsey's goal should have stood, it was a great goal and yes Giroud SHOULD HAVE scored but didn't. I think we're both agreeing with each other in the sense that it's not good enough.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-08-2015, 09:25 PM
How ill is Merts. I used to drink 20 pints + several scotch & coke's every sat night - get in at 6.00am, projectile vomit & be kicking the shit out of people on Wandsworth Common 9.00 o'clock sunday morning. I was worse than Ill every week.

liver or heart disease do you reckon?

Gooner23
24-08-2015, 09:26 PM
As fans we are guilty of letting last years run and Wembley final kick about cover over the cracks. We've been navel gazing. Cooing over the depth of quality we have. On paper. On fucking paper mind you. Reality in this pub league is different. We need a bastard thug in midfield and a tank in defence, added with a scrote up front.

Think of a winning team. Then list the amount of horrible cunts that play for them.

Then look at our soft-bellied team. How many are hated by opposition fans? How many will do the necessary to win and drag us through the shit of this league.

Unless we get some real bastards back into our first eleven we'll never win this league again.

I'm not sure about that, I thought Coq and Gabriel were excellent tonight and both have that little bit of cynicism.

Like most people I think we're a top striker short but for me the biggest weakness now is Wenger for the complete lack of tactics and management. And his refusal to play players in their best positions.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2015, 09:30 PM
Giroud was pathetic tonight. Not just the misses but the all round lethargic display. Barely won a header, didn't hold the ball up and was a complete statue in the box.

He really is atrocious at times.

Which makes the moments of genius he can provide even more baffling. No chance we can win the league with someone who blows hot and cold like him.

Kano
24-08-2015, 09:32 PM
I'm not sure about that, I thought Coq and Gabriel were excellent tonight and both have that little bit of cynicism.

Like most people I think we're a top striker short but for me the biggest weakness now is Wenger for the complete lack of tactics and management. And his refusal to play players in their best positions.
Coq will grow into an excellent player but he's still a work in progress. Gabriel had an awful first half alongside Chambers and he also isn't a starter.

We don't have the players willing to be cynical and manage the game, the type of bastards that get under the skin of their opponents and fans. We've missed it for years. These players inspire the rest of the team around them and we sorely lack that in defence and midfield.

It's an anaemic team that lacks personality.

AFC Leveller
24-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Nothing esle to add as everything has been said but i just cannot understand why we play slow football every time? if anyone can get the heatmap for today, the ball was out on the left every minute, we barely stretched them and the right hand side was free all game. If you want to win games, you are gonna have to strech teams and use the whole width of the pitch and play with pace, we dont do any of that.

Its gonna a lon hard season and if we fail to win a proper trophy, i can see Ozil or Sanchez wanting out.

LDG
24-08-2015, 09:35 PM
Coq will grow into an excellent player but he's still a work in progress. Gabriel had an awful first half alongside Chambers and he also isn't a starter.

We don't have the players willing to be cynical and manage the game, the type of bastards that get under the skin of their opponents and fans. We've missed it for years. These players inspire the rest of the team around them and we sorely lack that in defence and midfield.

Pffffffnaaaarrr!!

Sorry

Gooner23
24-08-2015, 09:37 PM
Chambers had a shocker but Gabriel covered his ass quite a bit. I've been impressed whenever I've seen him and think he and Kos would make a really good partnership.

I agree as a team we lack the cynicism but does buying players solve that if they are then coached just to go out and express themselves.

Kano
24-08-2015, 09:39 PM
Pffffffnaaaarrr!!

Sorry

he has enough pussy's around him.

topgun
24-08-2015, 09:40 PM

Nothing is going to change until he goes, the biggest signing we can make is a manager.So frustrating to watch and it repeats season after season. Just heard his interview I'm now fully convinced the man is a bumbling fool.

adzzzbatch
24-08-2015, 09:43 PM
What does Wenger do these days?

Kano
24-08-2015, 09:44 PM
Chambers had a shocker but Gabriel covered his ass quite a bit. I've been impressed whenever I've seen him and think he and Kos would make a really good partnership.

I agree as a team we lack the cynicism but does buying players solve that if they are then coached just to go out and express themselves.
Well this why Wenger used to be successful. He bought players with strong personalities once upon a time, players built to last in this league. They were never coached back then either and they were strong and smart enough to figure it out because they learnt from the English contingent already at the club. Players like Adams and co who knew you had to be a bastard to win. This lot have been kissed and cuddled by their manager for years with no-one to kick them up their arse. No one to lead them. I agree about Gabriel, he's mostly played well when he's appeared but he's no leader. We have lacked those guys for a decade, and instead we have delicate little flowers more content with top four than dying for the cause to win a game.

LDG
24-08-2015, 09:49 PM
I think it's Santi that needs to go. Coq is our only defensive midfielder, Ramsey is our only box to box midfielder who has a knack for arriving late and getting on the end of things.

We need Ox or Theo out wide. We need Sanchez and Ozil on the pitch.

I love Cazorla, but we can't fit em all on the pitch.

Kano
24-08-2015, 09:51 PM
Sanchez should be upfront.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2015, 09:54 PM
I think it's Santi that needs to go. Coq is our only defensive midfielder, Ramsey is our only box to box midfielder who has a knack for arriving late and getting on the end of things.

We need Ox or Theo out wide. We need Sanchez and Ozil on the pitch.

I love Cazorla, but we can't fit em all on the pitch.

They can all play and remain fresh if we rotate from time to time, the problem is WUMger always realises this too late when the damage is done.

Also, well done to Cech. Saved us a point so I make that -2 on the supposed 'worth 12-15 points' scale.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-08-2015, 09:59 PM
I thought we were really good in the second half and the difference was obviously the fact we had too many blunt instruments and players off their game.

Cech looked like a world class keeper. His saves today were as good as anything we will see from any keeper all season.

Chambers was shaky but it was hardly surprising given the magnitude of the game and just how little game time he sees now. I almost thought it was a joke when I saw Chambers AND Gabriel lining up!

Coquelin was outstanding and I didn't think Ozil was far behind.

I said before the Chelsea game we didn't have a title winning team so I didn't think we could seriously win the league and I still don't but I would like to see progress. Mehhh

Munchies
24-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Next 5 PL games:
Newcastle (a)
Stoke (H)
Chelsea (a)
Leicester (a)
United (h)

#WengerOut is trending worldwide too :lol:

Live feed: : https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23wengerout&src=typd

:haha:

BOBN
24-08-2015, 10:05 PM
No point blaming just Giroud.

We have overrated attacking mids who dont know how to break well drilled teams down. Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey are just not as cute in tight spaces as Silva, Yaya Toure and Aguero.

So the solution is drive and pace but this man is refusing to start Oxlade Chamberlain and Walcott so what can you do.

Kano
24-08-2015, 10:07 PM
They can all play and remain fresh if we rotate from time to time, the problem is WUMger always realises this too late when the damage is done.

Also, well done to Cech. Saved us a point so I make that -2 on the supposed 'worth 12-15 points' scale.

Shame that Giroud is going to cost us 20.

Power n Glory
24-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Gabriel had a better second half. I'm a fan of Coquelin and thought he played really well. Saved our bacon with good tackles and one or two slick passes. Cech really saved our bacon too. We'd have lost that game without his saves. I thought Monreal was decent as well. Not fantastic but solid. Bit of an unsung hero around here. Ozil had 20 minutes in the 2nd half where he came alive. But when the subs were made it's like he went flat again and that's when we needed him to keep up the pressure.

Cazorla was dog shit. He has these moments where he plays really well one game and then just goes off the boil. Too inconsistent and as I was discussing last week with a couple of posters, he's not as good as Cesc. Some poor passing decisions, sloppy defending and really below par for a man of his ability. Needed him to turn up today and he didn't.

Ramsey....what do we do with this guy. Works hard but his passing and control is awful at times. Poor decisions....he loses the ball too often and it's why he isn't playing in the middle. Wenger values the quality of his runs, work rate and finishing over his passing and decision making in the middle. Needed a big game from him but I'm sure he'll play again in that middle.

Giroud was Giroud. I just hope the sub was an indication from Wenger that he wasn't happy. A complete chump move to fall over in the box when he had that chance. He was a chump all game. And speaking of subs. Why does Wenger feel the need disrupt the flow by taking off Coquelin? Team selection was poor again and left it way too late for subs. Not a good one for the manager.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-08-2015, 10:18 PM
The question is....how many more points would / will he save us over Sneezy / Ospina....?

Ralpheroo72
24-08-2015, 10:28 PM
That was shit, and thats doing a dis-service to shit

selassie
24-08-2015, 11:45 PM
Same shit different season.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 12:03 AM
This cunt is right, I'm afraid.

‘To think that you are not going to adapt your team, to change to impact on the other teams that you’re playing against and their strengths.

‘It is either naive or arrogance, because they keep losing this way. (If it is) belief, it is misheld belief.’

He compared lists of the players at Arsenal in Wenger’s early days — when he had Patrick Vieira and Emmanuel Petit at his disposal — with the Gunners’ squad in the last six years.

Neville said: ‘I just cannot get my head around why he would not sign players of power to assist these talented players that you’ve got to enable them to win the league.’

'You could make one mistake... But then you sign (Mikel) Arteta and you turn him into a midfield player. Rosicky signs, wide player, turn him into a midfield player. Ramsey plays midfield even though he is a wide midfield player. Cazorla now, this team here. It is a continual string of errors, it's a sustained period time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3209389/Gary-Neville-labels-Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-s-refusal-sign-replacement-Patrick-Viera-naive-arrogance.html

Vidal - £28mill, 90K pw. We didn't need him, apparently.

Munchies
25-08-2015, 01:40 AM
Wenger needs to leave, he's had his chances to leave on a high

it's only going to get worse

He's been abysmal for a LONG time

It's not even spending money, it's simply setting the team out properly. ffs

Globalgunner
25-08-2015, 04:07 AM
No amount of new players can make up for insane management. There is no intelligence amongst the players because they are not taught tactically, not positioned strategically. Ramsey, Cazorla were having bad games. THEY should have come off for Ox and Theo. Lunatic in charge of an asylum.

alexander
25-08-2015, 05:32 AM
All that talk of a 'strong start to the season' etc from Wenger. That soon went to shit. Poor start means we have no room for error again.
Same stuff different season, and I can't believe I fall for all the talk before every season. I'm such a mug, although at no point did I think we were ever in with a chance of the title, not even the slightest, but top 2-3, yes. Again looks like a struggle for 4th, for what it's worth.

adzzzbatch
25-08-2015, 06:44 AM
This cunt is right, I'm afraid.

Vidal - £28mill, 90K pw. We didn't need him, apparently.

Damn I agree with Neville as well :sick:

He also got a mention of "power" in too.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-08-2015, 06:45 AM
And a striker will do exactly what? The team will tippy tappy all day around the box.. no point buying a striker.

Fire the manager and the club is sorted.

:sarcy:

Keep the same players, change the manager and all will be fine? Nah get the players in, then change the manager tbf.

adzzzbatch
25-08-2015, 06:45 AM
All that talk of a 'strong start to the season' etc from Wenger. That soon went to shit. Poor start means we have no room for error again.
Same stuff different season, and I can't believe I fall for all the talk before every season. I'm such a mug, although at no point did I think we were ever in with a chance of the title, not even the slightest, but top 2-3, yes. Again looks like a struggle for 4th, for what it's worth.

Momentum. This team doesn't know the meaning of the word.

fakeyank
25-08-2015, 06:48 AM

Keep the same players, change the manager and all will be fine? Nah get the players in, then change the manager tbf.

I wish I could say for sure that we will be fine, but what I can say for sure is that there will be an attempt to fix a broken system. At least we will try to do something different. Frankly that is good enough for me. This team is filled with potential and we are seeing very little of it because of the manager.

Penguin
25-08-2015, 07:31 AM
So what have we learned from that game? Not much that we didn't already know. Our defence is shit, our offence is shit. We're only three games into the season and we've failed to score in two home games. Wengerball :lol:

I think Cech really needed a game like this to put West Ham behind him. I hope that performance gives him the confidence to start bossing his defenders around more because Cech has been exposed in every game this season. They need someone to give them a bollocking because it wont be Wenger.

Giroud is a sack of shit. Usually he's at least an outlet for us when we need to get the ball up the pitch quickly with a long ball, but in games when a CB dominates him in the air he has nothing. Skrtel didn't give him a chance aerially and that took him out of the game. Terry usually does that to him too.

Cazorla was dog shit. He has these moments where he plays really well one game and then just goes off the boil. Too inconsistent and as I was discussing last week with a couple of posters, he's not as good as Cesc. Some poor passing decisions, sloppy defending and really below par for a man of his ability. Needed him to turn up today and he didn't.

Did you watch Cesc against West Brom a couple of days ago? He was just as bad, if not worse. It's just form, but when both are on song I'd pick Cazorla every time. On current form he shouldn't be playing though. What's the point of having a lot of CMs if you can't rotate them when one of them is playing badly? A bit of time on the bench might be what he needs to fix himself up.

Globalgunner
25-08-2015, 07:53 AM
So what have we learned from that game? Not much that we didn't already know. Our defence is shit, our offence is shit. We're only three games into the season and we've failed to score in two home games. Wengerball :lol:

I think Cech really needed a game like this to put West Ham behind him. I hope that performance gives him the confidence to start bossing his defenders around more because Cech has been exposed in every game this season. They need someone to give them a bollocking because it wont be Wenger.

Giroud is a good looking sack of shit. Usually he's at least an outlet for us when we need to get the ball up the pitch quickly with a long ball, but in games when a CB dominates him in the air he has nothing. Skrtel didn't give him a chance aerially and that took him out of the game. Terry usually does that to him too.

Did you watch Cesc against West Brom a couple of days ago? He was just as bad, if not worse. It's just form, but when both are on song I'd pick Cazorla every time. On current form he shouldn't be playing though. What's the point of having a lot of CMs if you can't rotate them when one of them is playing badly? A bit of time on the bench might be what he needs to fix himself up.

Small fix there
Seriously, whats the point?. Weve beeen through a dozen seasons of Wenger fking things up no matter the players. Ramsey, Cazorla need to sit the next few games out. The manager needs to go at the end of this contract. Enough is enough

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2015, 08:01 AM
Small fix there
Seriously, whats the point?. Weve beeen through a dozen seasons of Wenger fking things up no matter the players. Ramsey, Cazorla need to sit the next few games out. The manager needs to go at the end of this contract. Enough is enough

I think you and I both know that as long as we get top four, Only Wenger decides when he goes. He's with us for another five years at least.

Dein-machine
25-08-2015, 08:39 AM
I can't understand why the better players ie Ozil & Sanchez are not on Wengers case regarding improving the squad. Giroud is awful, really awful. how many times did we see the ball go from side to side 30 yards out with Giroud standign still in the box. He needs to be making quick movements to open up space or receive a through ball. Wenger stated yesterday on Sky that he didn't feel sorry for Liverpool regarding losing their best players every year because they didn't sell us Suarez. This then confirms that Wenger knows the type of striker we need ( therefore not Giroud ) but has done absolutely F.A. about getting anyone in. Doesn't matter if they're not quite as good as Suarez, they'll still be better than Giroud.

Globalgunner
25-08-2015, 09:18 AM
I think you and I both know that as long as we get top four, Only Wenger decides when he goes. He's with us for another five years at least.

He will consider retiring at 70, maybe

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 09:48 AM

Probably right because for whatever reason Wenger remain a big draw for the players. I guess he delivers on promises of the easy life. London scene, big bucks, titles optional.

Power n Glory
25-08-2015, 10:01 AM

Giroud is a sack of shit. Usually he's at least an outlet for us when we need to get the ball up the pitch quickly with a long ball, but in games when a CB dominates him in the air he has nothing. Skrtel didn't give him a chance aerially and that took him out of the game. Terry usually does that to him too.

With Cazorla it's not current form. He looked good against Palace and was totally crap today. He's done that before last season towards the end when chasing second. Had a string of very good games and then had an awful game where the passing and decisions totally off. He's always been like that. Both on good form.... I don't see Santi getting over 20 assists and 15 goals or more. He really hasn't got it in him.

Power n Glory
25-08-2015, 10:03 AM
I can't understand why the better players ie Ozil & Sanchez are not on Wengers case regarding improving the squad. Giroud is awful, really awful. how many times did we see the ball go from side to side 30 yards out with Giroud standign still in the box. He needs to be making quick movements to open up space or receive a through ball. Wenger stated yesterday on Sky that he didn't feel sorry for Liverpool regarding losing their best players every year because they didn't sell us Suarez. This then confirms that Wenger knows the type of striker we need ( therefore not Giroud ) but has done absolutely F.A. about getting anyone in. Doesn't matter if they're not quite as good as Suarez, they'll still be better than Giroud.

Players who ask that of Wenger are shown the door. He wouldn't listen to our long serving captains, Vieira, Henry, Cesc or RVP so he won't listen to new arrivals.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 10:04 AM
but in games when a CB dominates him in the air he has nothing

Very true. In the end Bif wasn't even jumping for the header, he was just making a lame skipping motion because he already knew he was going to lose it. At least rough the defender up a bit, make him work for it. This is why I'm worried about Benzema and Cavani and the PL - would probably be the same result.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 10:07 AM

There was a hint in the commentary last night, something about Ozil, "now being on-board with Wenger's plans". So he has been on Wenger's case. I should think so too. If Wenger thinks he can hang on to players of this calibre without striving for excellence across the board then he's in fantasy land.

Wenger is in fantasy land.

Dein-machine
25-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Very true. In the end Bif wasn't even jumping for the header, he was just making a lame skipping motion because he already knew he was going to lose it. At least rough the defender up a bit, make him work for it. This is why I'm worried about Benzema and Cavani and the PL - would probably be the same result.

Agree with this - more so with Cavani. no more movement than Giroud. We need a busy, quick forward. As stated before there are not any Suarez's or Aguero's out there but we don't even need them to be that good. Just someone who opens up space will allow the likes of Ramsey, OX Sanchez, Theo to get more space in the box. We're trying to think of who that could be but Wengers paid his salary to know where these players are.

Syn
25-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Giroud and Sanchez should've converted. Ramsey had a perfectly good goal ruled out. But if it weren't for Cech we would've conceded a few as well. Awful first half. Sanchez is not up to speed and Giroud is poo atm. Aside from those two, only Ramsey can really find the net from midfield. Cazorla's lost the spark that he had a couple of years ago.

IMO we should buy somebody really, really good. Someone who can make the difference in tight games like yesterday. Because the game finished 0-0, but if we had someone who could make the difference then maybe it would've been 1-0 or 2-0 and then we would've got 3 points instead of 1.

Marc Overmars
25-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Should be an interesting week with the deadline approaching. Bound to be a lot of clamour for us to sign someone, I reckon we'll land a worldie.

Probably.

Maybe.

Fuck knows.

Dein-machine
25-08-2015, 10:26 AM
You have a factory where you've identified that you are not competitive due to a certain machine not being as good as your competitors but finding one of these machines is difficult, then one of these machines becomes available but you put in such a pathetic offer that you piss off the seller & its sold elsewhere. On the basis that these machines don't become available very often do you just shrug your shoulders & tell your shareholders that you can still compete when in reality you know you can't or do you get the next best thing on the basis that you will be more competitive than before & in time with a few adjustments this machine could be similar to the one you really wanted. Managers taking the 1st option don't normally last long in business.

Power n Glory
25-08-2015, 10:27 AM

I worry about that also but they'd be improvements on Giroud. If Wenger is going for a big man up front then at least be someone that can stick the ball in the back of the net. He pussied out of his best scoring opportunity and fail to connect with the ball on headers or low crosses because he doesn't have the pace. A better striker would have scored the chances he had even if they were getting roughed up.

Again, I go back to this Theo up top debate because it was clear as day Giroud couldn't hold the ball up so what is the point of playing him there especially when he can't poach or play on the shoulder? I don't care what it is but we need a different option up front. I just want to see a change there whether we buy or look for an internal option.

Dein-machine
25-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Giroud and Sanchez should've converted. Ramsey had a perfectly good goal ruled out. But if it weren't for Cech we would've conceded a few as well. Awful first half. Sanchez is not up to speed and Giroud is poo atm. Aside from those two, only Ramsey can really find the net from midfield. Cazorla's lost the spark that he had a couple of years ago.

IMO we should buy somebody really, really good. Someone who can make the difference in tight games like yesterday. Because the game finished 0-0, but if we had someone who could make the difference then maybe it would've been 1-0 or 2-0 and then we would've got 3 points instead of 1.

I think its all our opinions - but who?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2015, 10:38 AM
I'd make Bundesliga raids - Lars Bender and Pierre Emerick Aubemeyang - combined 50million

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 10:39 AM
Muller - let Utd do the work and then go all chav mode and nick him. If Wenger won't use the strengths of the players we already have then bring in somebody that has enough strength to play Wenger's silly game plan. Question should not be, what can we get him for, should be, what will it take to get him? There are no bargains when you want to push on to the very top level. Those crazy bastards in mancland are talking about shelling a total of a quarter billion for one playa. We are haggling an instalment plan for Benzema. Wenger's going to have to accept that modern football is about cash, cash and cash. If he doesn't like it then he should retire and go and do charity work.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Actually he should be sacked for not signing Vidal. I think that's going to piss me off forever. The absolute ideal, exact player we needed and at a Wenger price and on Wenger level wages. WTF? If he won't move for that then he'll never move to fix up this team for a proper challenge.

Power n Glory
25-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Actually he should be sacked for not signing Vidal. I think that's going to piss me off forever. The absolute ideal, exact player we needed and at a Wenger price and on Wenger level wages. WTF? If he won't move for that then he'll never move to fix up this team for a proper challenge.

Agree on that one. He could have acted as cover for Coquelin as well as taking a starting role ahead of Cazorla or Ramsey as CM.

AFC Leveller
25-08-2015, 11:19 AM

Vidal would have been ideal, i agree. he is a tough midfield bastard and has a decent goal scoring record as well.

The biggest problem yesterday was the players refusing to take a shot, everytime Ozil, Cazorla or even Alexis got the ball, they wanted to find an Arsenal man. Why can't these guys just take a shot FFS, Sanchez doesnt have that problem but Ozil and Santi are too shy. Coutinho took shots and almost scored a few times, we need goals from midfield or out wide when Giroud is as useless as he was.

Xhaka Can’t
25-08-2015, 11:20 AM
Wenger is never going to change. And so we are going to have the same season over and over again until he leaves. There is no progress here. Better players, still the same old problems. He could at least tell us when he's gong to leave so we'll know when to start looking forward to something different.

I don't think you can fairly judge Wenger after only three games. I'll Wait until the end of the season before making pretty much the same conclusion as almost every season in living memory.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Vidal would have been ideal, i agree. he is a tough midfield bastard and has a decent goal scoring record as well.

The biggest problem yesterday was the players refusing to take a shot, everytime Ozil, Cazorla or even Alexis got the ball, they wanted to find an Arsenal man. Why can't these guys just take a shot FFS, Sanchez doesnt have that problem but Ozil and Santi are too shy. Coutinho took shots and almost scored a few times, we need goals from midfield or out wide when Giroud is as useless as he was.

Ox has been benched for taking shots. So I suppose they got the message.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2015, 11:28 AM
The thing is what's most infuriating about him is that he's not stupid, he is a cross between deluded, arrogant and stubborn.

He has shown he has the ability to get the best out of his players and utilise this team to take on all comers but he's so obsessed with doing things his way that it negates any good work he does.

I don't agree with everything Neville said last night but there is just no arguing against the point about having no powerful midfield players anymore....Gilberto, Petit and Vieira have all been snubbed.

Coquelin is being over used, and he's so busy putting out fires all over the pitch where the other midfielders aren't rolling their sleeves up that our back four is not getting protected.

AFC Leveller
25-08-2015, 11:37 AM

I dunno why he has benched the OX for the last 2 games, it is pure idiocy. He was man of the match against Chelsea and was our best player aainst West Ham so it is mind boggling why he has been benched. Yes he does give the ball away in dagerous positions at times but so does Ramsay.

Wenger just loves Ramsey and seems intent on playing him anywhere even if means fielding an unballanced team. Liverpool's LB is their weak link, he was skinned as soon as the OX came on but most of fans on here knew that before the game and called for him to start, the manager had other ideas however and then he has the nerve to come on tv after the game and say we lacked sharpness and speed in the final third.

Power n Glory
25-08-2015, 11:42 AM
We'll see changes in the next match. Ox was looking sharp and Theo ended the season strongly with goals and had a good preseason. If neither player start the next game I'm going to start wishing injury on players just so we can get the right players on the pitch.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 11:50 AM
I dunno why he has benched the OX for the last 2 games, it is pure idiocy. He was man of the match against Chelsea and was our best player aainst West Ham so it is mind boggling why he has been benched. Yes he does give the ball away in dagerous positions at times but so does Ramsay.

Wenger just loves Ramsey and seems intent on playing him anywhere even if means fielding an unballanced team. Liverpool's LB is their weak link, he was skinned as soon as the OX came on but most of fans on here knew that before the game and called for him to start, the manager had other ideas however and then he has the nerve to come on tv after the game and say we lacked sharpness and speed in the final third.

I saw that. We don't call him WUMger for nothing.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 11:50 AM
We'll see changes in the next match. Ox was looking sharp and Theo ended the season strongly with goals and had a good preseason. If neither player start the next game I'm going to start wishing injury on players just so we can get the right players on the pitch.

Yes, Flamini will be in for Coquelin.

AFC Leveller
25-08-2015, 12:00 PM
They say a great keeper can win you 10-15 points a season, which is true only if you go up the other end and score a goal. Cech would make these kinda saves for the Chavs and then they'd go up the other end and score, sometimes against the run of play and the game is decided by that one split second save. Whats the point on having a great GK if we are gonna piss about upfront?

Marc Overmars
25-08-2015, 12:01 PM

He's probably been fined 2 weeks wages for having a couple of pot shots last night.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2015, 12:14 PM

You don't think our squad is thin enough without injuries?.

If anything I think we could do with additions just to flesh out the squad

If say Cazorla got injured I think we know full well Arteta would take his place in the side

Xhaka Can’t
25-08-2015, 12:15 PM
We'll score again. Don't know where, don't know when.

Power n Glory
25-08-2015, 12:31 PM
You don't think our squad is thin enough without injuries?.

If anything I think we could do with additions just to flesh out the squad

If say Cazorla got injured I think we know full well Arteta would take his place in the side

An injury in key areas may force his hand to buy players as well. It has before.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 12:35 PM
An injury in key areas may force his hand to buy players as well. It has before.

It won't make any difference. He could buy Messi and he'd play him with Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil and Bif all crammed in a wardrobe planted in front of the opposition back line.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 12:37 PM
Forget the season in terms of winning anything. We could grab the FA Cup again I suppose. It'll be fun trying. We could even pretend 3 cup wins on the trot is better than winning the title or CL. We'll just have to wait Wenger out. Most of us are younger than him, even me but maybe not Coney, so we could yet see a title challenge in our lives.

Xhaka Can’t
25-08-2015, 12:54 PM
The problem is that it won't even be fun trying.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 12:57 PM
The problem is that it won't even be fun trying.

I meant funny.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2015, 01:12 PM
I meant funny.

I don't know, he's a bit like Mumm Ra the ever living

"We need ze ancient spirits of evil to give us ze top, top quality"

Syn
25-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Why should learn how to pass the ball better. I think that'll help.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 02:02 PM
Why should learn how to pass the ball better. I think that'll help.

Not really our fault. If you watched the opposition in the first half last night, every time we tried to pass they were putting us off. Don't know what use that bloody stupid spray can the ref struts about with is if he doesn't mark out the 10 yards when we are trying to pass.

Syn
25-08-2015, 02:11 PM
On the plus side, Gabriel looks ready. Looks a proper defender with very good decision making. With the ball, he doesn't look as good as Kos but he'll help get us clean sheets. Chambers got ripped apart in that first half, but he'll learn.

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 02:20 PM
On the plus side, Gabriel looks ready. Looks a proper defender with very good decision making. With the ball, he doesn't look as good as Kos but he'll help get us clean sheets. Chambers got ripped apart in that first half, but he'll learn.

He won't get us clean sheets single-handedly, like Kos almost did once.

GP
25-08-2015, 02:45 PM

Yeah I thought he looked really good.

I mean, he didn't look good, he looked hideous, but he played well.

Chambers had a better 2nd half but just looked nervous. He's nowhere near ready.

Globalgunner
25-08-2015, 03:07 PM
Yeah I thought he looked really good.

I mean, he didn't look good, he looked hideous, but he played well.

Chambers had a better 2nd half but just looked nervous. He's nowhere near ready.

Chambers needs to play ,more. He wont get ready sitting on the bench. As we all know once wenger stumbles on a winning combo, he plays it ad-infinitum, Gabriel was the rock of Villareals defence, they went to pieces after he left. Chambers and Gab need to play more, at least against 8 of the lower lights of the PL

Niall_Quinn
25-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Chambers needs to play ,more. He wont get ready sitting on the bench. As we all know once wenger stumbles on a winning combo, he plays it ad-infinitum, Gabriel was the rock of Villareals defence, they went to pieces after he left. Chambers and Gab need to play more, at least against 8 of the lower lights of the PL

I think we should keep Chambers on the bench until the chav game and then chuck him in, see what happens.

Dein-machine
25-08-2015, 03:26 PM
I think we should keep Chambers on the bench until the chav game and then chuck him in, see what happens.

I think we should keep Chambers on the bench until I die.

GP
25-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Hopefully he plays soon then.

Marc Overmars
25-08-2015, 03:39 PM
I like Gabriel, he has those aggressive, ball winning traits Koscielny has.

As for Chambers. :lol:

Horrific performance but he's only 20 and 4th choice, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but the spotlight is on him now. Trouble is, when will he play again? League Cup? The odd game here and there if injuries mount up? I don't think it's the last time we'll be talking about him for the wrong reasons.

Dein-machine
25-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Hopefully he plays soon then.

Come on - you know you'd miss me X

AFC Leveller
25-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Chambers was our first choice RB early last season but then he got that pressing and agressiveness coached out of him since and he has become a bag of nerves.

I like Gabriel too, very aggresive, good positioning, fast and strong.

Dein-machine
25-08-2015, 04:24 PM
I like Gabriel, he has those aggressive, ball winning traits Koscielny has.

As for Chambers. :lol:

Horrific performance but he's only 20 and 4th choice, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but the spotlight is on him now. Trouble is, when will he play again? League Cup? The odd game here and there if injuries mount up? I don't think it's the last time we'll be talking about him for the wrong reasons.

The problem these days is that the youngsters have to take their chances when presented. A bit like Belerin did. To be honest being at Arsenal he's likely to be given more a chance because our manager doesn't believe in spending on the quality required & from a guy that used to play Eboue every week rather than buy a decent right back, Chambers still has a chance. To be honest, if the lad had got booed last night it would have probably meant a place in the starting line up as we all know that Wenger hates to be told when he is wrong.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Chambers needs games, I think he was also playing in the wrong position, he should have been on the left side of central defence and Gabriel on the right side.

Also when he played with Mertesacker or Koscielny he looked more confident but when your centre back partner can't communicate with you it doesn't help.

It could be that he's proved to be a terrible buy, but too soon to tell think if Wenger rotated more we'd have a better sense of his ability

Özim
25-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Chambers was an odd signing, Wenger seemed to get on the Southampton player signing bandwagon that went on and signed a player noone was really picking out as anything special, thought it was an odd signing when we made it, hopefully he'll come good.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Chambers was an odd signing, Wenger seemed to get on the Southampton player signing bandwagon that went on and signed a player noone was really picking out as anything special, thought it was an odd signing when we made it, hopefully he'll come good.

We were linked with Chambers as I remember at least six months before we signed him so I think it's more than that. Whether he amounts to anything I don't know. I think he has got good defensive quality but can be impetuous.
I don't see him becoming a first choice centre back but given games he's a good squad option.

Gabriel I think is quality, really tough tackler....good reader of the game.

fakeyank
25-08-2015, 06:55 PM
I like Chambers and hope that he turns out into a brilliant signing, but what are you going to do at 20 years of age with a CB partner who you cannot communicate with? IF we are ever in a position we are coasting through a game, I'd sub Kos or Per out and have him get used to positioning and getting comfortable with the way the team plays.

Power n Glory
25-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Chambers will end up like Senderos if not careful. A promising start with solid performances but then the infrequent appearances just killed his confidence. He needs to take his opportunity when it arrives otherwise it will just compound his problems because he'll be out of the team as soon as the regular starter is fit.

Bumble
25-08-2015, 07:04 PM
The plus side is that I still think we will finish above United and Liverpool unless United sign some players in the next week.

Thought Coq was great, a fraction later with those tackles and he would have been sent off but they were incredibly well made. Cech kept us in it proving his worth now and the Benteke save wasn't one where the ball hit the keeper but you see Cechs hand move to make the save from that short distance.

Giroud I just don't like. he didn't touch the ball in the first half and spends more time moaning than doing anything productive. I think as we wont be signing a new striker we need Welbeck back as I think him and Sanchez will harry and harass the back four so that we can play higher up the pitch. the Ox should be playing too he was our best player when he comes on and against Chelsea. He does make defensive mistakes but should your right attacking forward really always be relied on to defend outside the 18 yard box.

We do need to rotate players a bit more too, as when they are called upon in emergencies they have had very little match time. So how what do we really expect to happen.

mastermind84
26-08-2015, 03:03 AM

He's been benched for not being good.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
26-08-2015, 06:41 AM

The Ox is going to need to be pretty productive going forward if he insists on giving the ball away at such crucial times regularly. He doesn't have Wenger's total trust yet, though neither does Theo. Ramsey is notflawless but he had a season where he pretty much had the best defensive stats in the league as well as attacking so he earned a level of trust from the manager back then.

Gabriel is good but he could have given a pen away and will next time if he isn't careful and as much as I appreciate the cynicism, I thought his yellow was unnecessary. Harry the opposition but release him before the ref looks at you and sees a clear foul!

Dein-machine
26-08-2015, 03:31 PM
The Ox is going to need to be pretty productive going forward if he insists on giving the ball away at such crucial times regularly. He doesn't have Wenger's total trust yet, though neither does Theo. Ramsey is notflawless but he had a season where he pretty much had the best defensive stats in the league as well as attacking so he earned a level of trust from the manager back then.

Gabriel is good but he could have given a pen away and will next time if he isn't careful and as much as I appreciate the cynicism, I thought his yellow was unnecessary. Harry the opposition but release him before the ref looks at you and sees a clear foul!

I agree on the point about OX giving the ball away but he's not on his own. Half our problem is that the style Wenger wants to play needs quality players in all positions. On bad apple ruins a lot of attacks. The problem we have is that only Ozil, out of all the attacking players we have, seems to play the correct weight of pass, at the correct height, to the correct person - most of the time. Sanchez, Ox, Walcott, Giroud, Coq & Rambo are actually very limited when to comes to passing. Santi is better but he also slips quite a few poor ones in every game. The only other player anywhere near Ozil is Arteta but he's too weak, slow & negative, to be in the team.
It would therefore suggest we're sort of wasting our time with so much tippy tappy unless we're going to go out & buy a few Iniesta's & Xavi's.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2015, 04:11 PM
All out tippy tappy needs to be given time to work. It has only been a decade so far, I don't understand why the fans can't be more patient.

Maestro
26-08-2015, 04:43 PM
What have you guys done to Letters, can't find him anywhere. Hope you extremists haven't driven him off this site. 😕

PGFC
26-08-2015, 05:31 PM
He's scouting in Napoli.

Maestro
26-08-2015, 06:08 PM
He's scouting in Napoli.

ah, so he may bring back one of maradona's many illegitimate spawn ....hopefully one that's good at kicking a ball

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Cockface twat Gary 'the cockface twat' Neville has let being right ONCE go straight to his head. Now he's having a go at Ozil and Alexis. What a cockface twat he is.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/29326/9964740/mesut-ozil-and-alexis-sanchez-lack-responsibility-says-gary-neville

Doesn't matter how a player plays, these fuckturds masquerading as impartial commentators have their favourites and their pet hates and their bias runs riot. Where's his analysis of the so far anonymous Azzah, for example?

Penguin
27-08-2015, 07:34 AM
They lack responsibility for the players behind them? What does that even mean? :doh:

Also regarding Ox, he does have a bad habit of losing the ball in dangerous positions and costing us goals. Someone just needs to take him to the side and tell him when and where NOT to take risks - play it safe and simple until he gets to the final third. When he gets there let him do what he's been doing. He's often our most dangerous player because he's direct and takes risks when most of our players would go for a safe sideways or backwards pass.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2015, 07:38 AM
I really can't understand what the hell 'power' or the lack of it had to do with Monday night. He's obsessed.

Dein-machine
27-08-2015, 08:11 AM
What have you guys done to Letters, can't find him anywhere. Hope you extremists haven't driven him off this site. ��

I'm sure I saw him on that documentary on Monday night - Muslim Drag Queens.

Power n Glory
27-08-2015, 09:08 AM
I really can't understand what the hell 'power' or the lack of it had to do with Monday night. He's obsessed.

Yeah, he's picking a bone with a problem we had 8 years ago when we were getting kicked out of games and roughed up. Thierry was right to point out that against City last season we changed our approach, battled with Coquelin, Cazorla and Ramsey holding their own.

It's not the type of players we buy. It's the approach. If we go back to focusing on defence, soaking up pressure and hitting teams with fast counters we'd take a lot more points.