PDA

View Full Version : Champions League Goup Stage Draw (27/08/15) 16:45 BST

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2015, 06:31 AM
Pot One: Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Benfica, Chelsea, Juventus, Paris St. Germain, Zenit, PSV Eindhoven

Pot Two: The Arsenal , Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Manchester City, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Porto, Valencia

Pot Three: CSKA Moscow, Dynamo Kiev, Lyon, Olympiakos, Galatasaray, Roma, Shakhtar Donetsk, Sevilla

Pot Four: Astana, BATE Borisov, Borussia Monchengladbach, Wolfsburg, Dinamo Zagreb, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Gent, Malmo

fakeyank
27-08-2015, 06:46 AM
Meh.. might as well give us the money and eliminate us. No point wasting time and energy getting humbled in Europe in the knockout rounds. :yawn:

Özim
27-08-2015, 06:55 AM
Meh.. might as well give us the money and eliminate us. No point wasting time and energy getting humbled in Europe in the knockout rounds. :yawn:

Yeah exactly, we know what's going to happen, the only one who doesn't is Wenger.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2015, 07:18 AM
Barcelona
Arsenal
Roma
Wolfsburg

Who the hell are Astana? No doubt United will get them.

Penguin
27-08-2015, 07:21 AM

There's no guarantee we'll even make it to the group stages now that we're not in the top pot :(

Kano
27-08-2015, 07:27 AM
Hopefully we get the hardest group possible. We all know how far we'll go in the competition, so why not get the pretence out of the way early or at least watch some real games instead of more false hope against no-hopers.

Xhaka Can’t
27-08-2015, 08:07 AM
My main reasons for caring about this competition is that it's on BT Sport and at a time when I'd prefer watching live football compared to the usual pile of crap on TV at those times. If it was on Sky, I'd care very little.

Hopefully we will at least do better than the first knock out round, but according to our business plan, we don't need to, so we won't.

Dein-machine
27-08-2015, 08:27 AM
Its amazing - we all shit ourselves until the final relief of a top 4 finish is confirmed & then we feel like the posts above in relation to the start of the Champions league. Not knocking you guys because I feel exactly the same. The real truth of the matter is that we should have missed out on qualification 4 or 5 years ago for a few years on the spin resulting in Wenger's departure. The consistent top 4 finishes have simply increased the club's finances & Wengers bank balance whilst condemning any chance we had of competing at top level.

Dein-machine
27-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Barcelona
Arsenal
Roma
Wolfsburg

Who the hell are Astana? No doubt United will get them.

That's the draw we need. Always nice to watch proper tippy tappy being played & we need to finish last to make sure we don't get the Europa cup. Mind you, would be good to win the Europa & then read Letters posts telling us we're all wrong about Wenger because we've won another "major" trophy.

Globalgunner
27-08-2015, 09:59 AM
This is the year we win the Carling Cup and it automatically gets upgraded to a "major" trophy. We`ll have to beat the spuds at home first tho`

Syn
27-08-2015, 10:56 AM
fucking hell. The tears are so very real.

AFC Leveller
27-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Barcelona would be, at least it'd be entertaining.

No point in us being in the CL as far as football is concerned so i say get out early and concentrate on the run in for top 3.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2015, 11:43 AM
I plan on going to the 3 home games because I don't have BT Sport, so I'd quite like a strong group.

Cat B prices for potentially Cat A fixtures. :jumpnana:

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2015, 12:39 PM
fucking hell. The tears are so very real.

Wenger has comprehensively smashed all expectation and ground it to dust under his shoe. He's peerless in this respect. Draw is fairly immaterial anyway. This year we jump out to an early lead in the group, everything is in our own hands, then we collapse into second, draw a decent team in the knockout stages, lose badly in the first leg, almost recover in the second leg but go out in a blaze of glorious failure.

Anyone want to bet it will be different?

Syn
27-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Wenger has comprehensively smashed all expectation and ground it to dust under his shoe. He's peerless in this respect. Draw is fairly immaterial anyway. This year we jump out to an early lead in the group, everything is in our own hands, then we collapse into second, draw a decent team in the knockout stages, lose badly in the first leg, almost recover in the second leg but go out in a blaze of glorious failure.

Anyone want to bet it will be different?

Stop watching football then. You can claim you're a diehard fan and it's in your blood and your family's blood and whatever shit you want - it's not your child, if it was you wouldn't keep slagging it off and moaning your tits off. If it's so inevitable and if it's so shit, do something else with your time other than moaning on the internet about little you care.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Stop watching football then. You can claim you're a diehard fan and it's in your blood and your family's blood and whatever shit you want - it's not your child, if it was you wouldn't keep slagging it off and moaning your tits off. If it's so inevitable and if it's so shit, do something else with your time other than moaning on the internet about little you care.

Why should I stop watching football because of Wenger? I'll still be here when he's gone. But in the meantime if the rule is happy, happy, happy, diehard fans, then rules are there to be broken.

If everyone shut up and accepted everything then we'd really never see a change, would we?

Are you taking the bet?

Syn
27-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Why should I stop watching football because of Wenger? I'll still be here when he's gone. But in the meantime if the rule is happy, happy, happy, diehard fans, then rules are there to be broken.

If everyone shut up and accepted everything then we'd really never see a change, would we?

Are you taking the bet?

Whinging about it on the Internet isn't making any difference or won't bring about any change. If you don't want to accept it, walk away. Stop watching Arsenal and when enough people do, there won't be enough revenue coming in and the club will need to make changes. Even the tourists are after glory. At the moment, you lot are like Jehovah's witnesses. Utterly irrelevant. No-one's reading negative comments about Wenger or Arsenal and thinking 'oh that's a good point, I'm revising my view about the club', they're thinking 'what a pillock' and going even more in support of Wenger to counter the opposition.

Betfair will take your bet. Be sure to post a pic of the receipt.

Dein-machine
27-08-2015, 01:07 PM
I would bet on exactly the same happening in the C.L. as recent years, in the same way that I would have bet on Wenger not strengthening the squad where needed in the summer & the same way that I will bet on us not competing for the league title this year - we have Ground-Hog day every year under Wenger, you could already lay the same bets for 2016/2107 season.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Whinging about it on the Internet isn't making any difference or won't bring about any change. If you don't want to accept it, walk away. Stop watching Arsenal and when enough people do, there won't be enough revenue coming in and the club will need to make changes. Even the tourists are after glory. At the moment, you lot are like Jehovah's witnesses. Utterly irrelevant. No-one's reading negative comments about Wenger or Arsenal and thinking 'oh that's a good point, I'm revising my view about the club', they're thinking 'what a pillock' and going even more in support of Wenger to counter the opposition.

Not certain that anyone is posting here with the expectation of making the headlines. It's a discussion forum. You can talk to somebody on the street and complain about whatever you like, won't make a difference, nobody will hear it. Does it mean you say nothing? Why does anyone post here? Good game, bad game, what difference does it make what people think at any given time? The point is to share opinions with people who have a shared interest. Humans are social creatures, everyone wants to have an opinion even though, as the old saying about arseholes goes, everyone has one.

I popped onto another forum yesterday, much bigger than this one, and it's the same. Disbelief at Wenger's latest antics and his inability to learn. His stubbornness, his prehistoric methods. It was all there, just like here. And I'm betting I could visit another 20 forums and it would be the same. Arsenal fans talking. It's normal. And while individual views don't amount to much when they join the sea of combined views and a consensus develops then that does mean something and it can influence things.

If everyone shuts up instead and just accepts things then there's a distinct danger some might take that as approval of the shit that's being shovelled up. Surely we don't want that?

Anyway, I'll continue pissing in the sea because it's fun to do, satisfies that social requirement, keeps me away from work. All good things.

Basically, Wenger out.

Dein-machine
27-08-2015, 01:19 PM

If you don't want to here whinging about Arsenal - why are you on this site. Do you want to only talk about potential signings & how unlucky we were to get raped by West Ham. Its so-called Gooners like you who are drenched in the mediocre piss that Wenger has served up for 10 years who I can't listen to, Nq's points are relevant for all to see & he's doing so on an Arsenal fan forum. Telling him to stop watching Arsenal because an old French retard is taking the piss out of a club he supported way before Wenger joined & one he'll support way after he's gone is pathetic on a forum. Maybe its you that needs to stop reading the posts if you don't like them - rather than NQ becoming a Spud.

Syn
27-08-2015, 01:21 PM
If you don't want to here whinging about Arsenal - why are you on this site.

Fair point. It's quite clear all that is left here is you miserable retards. Quality control is non existent.

Power n Glory
27-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Not certain that anyone is posting here with the expectation of making the headlines. It's a discussion forum. You can talk to somebody on the street and complain about whatever you like, won't make a difference, nobody will hear it. Does it mean you say nothing? Why does anyone post here? Good game, bad game, what difference does it make what people think at any given time? The point is to share opinions with people who have a shared interest. Humans are social creatures, everyone wants to have an opinion even though, as the old saying about arseholes goes, everyone has one.

I popped onto another forum yesterday, much bigger than this one, and it's the same. Disbelief at Wenger's latest antics and his inability to learn. His stubbornness, his prehistoric methods. It was all there, just like here. And I'm betting I could visit another 20 forums and it would be the same. Arsenal fans talking. It's normal. And while individual views don't amount to much when they join the sea of combined views and a consensus develops then that does mean something and it can influence things.

If everyone shuts up instead and just accepts things then there's a distinct danger some might take that as approval of the shit that's being shovelled up. Surely we don't want that?

Anyway, I'll continue pissing in the sea because it's fun to do, satisfies that social requirement, keeps me away from work. All good things.

Basically, Wenger out.

Agree with a lot of that. But the one positive to take from Syn's post is that maybe fans need to stop watching the games. Just so the message is even more clear to Wenger and the Board.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2015, 01:26 PM
Fair point. It's quite clear all that is left here is you miserable retards.

It's sport Syn, competition. Striving to be the best. When you don't do that then people are going to get pissed. Football club, not hobby project. More people want the hobbyist out so we can get back to the point of this sport. Competing. Winning NOT demanded, 100% desire and effort to win very much demanded. We enter the CL with zero chance of winning and almost zero chance of progressing beyond the usual stage. We all know it. This isn't because Arsenal is a turd club or we don't have the players. We know what the reason is. Not because we're guessing but because we were here last season and the season before and before and before and before. What are we trying to pretend here?

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Agree with a lot of that. But the one positive to take from Syn's post is that maybe fans need to stop watching the games. Just so the message is even more clear to Wenger and the Board.

How are we going to stop watching? After all these years, just stop. The space we leave will be filled with full kit wankers from Korea and the club won't care. There's no stopping, we just have to wait it out and hope the players somehow prevail despite the manager.

Dein-machine
27-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Fair point. It's quite clear all that is left here is you miserable retards. Quality control is non existent.

Maybe or maybe some of the deluded Wengerites on here are beginning to see what others have seen for years but still can't stand by & listen to their beloved leader being slagged off.

Syn
27-08-2015, 01:36 PM

its different. Very different.

James down the pub: CL draw today, who do you want?
Abdul: 'what's the fucking point, we all know we're getting knocked out.
James: yeah but who would you like us to play against?
Abdul: who gives a fuck, I don't care about it at all, we all know what's going to happen
James: you're a miserable cunt.
Abdul: I know.

Not every possible discussion needs to descend into 'oh what's the point...Wenger's a cunt'. This is a draw about playing in the champions league group stages. Top 32 teams in Europe. And look at the first page. It's embarrassing.

But anyway I think you are right - It's my fault for looking here because we know what GW is these days. Ground down to the lowest common denominator.

Syn
27-08-2015, 01:37 PM
How are we going to stop watching? After all these years, just stop. The space we leave will be filled with full kit wankers from Korea and the club won't care. There's no stopping, we just have to wait it out and hope the players somehow prevail despite the manager.

Full kit wankers from Korea only care about teams that win. Teams that win need to make money in order to win.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2015, 01:46 PM
its different. Very different.

James down the pub: CL draw today, who do you want?
Abdul: 'what's the fucking point, we all know we're getting knocked out.
James: yeah but who would you like us to play against?
Abdul: who gives a fuck, I don't care about it at all, we all know what's going to happen
James: you're a miserable cunt.
Abdul: I know.

Not every possible discussion needs to descend into 'oh what's the point...Wenger's a cunt'. This is a draw about playing in the champions league group stages. Top 32 teams in Europe. And look at the first page. It's embarrassing.

But anyway I think you are right - It's my fault for looking here because we know what GW is these days. Ground down to the lowest common denominator.

It's GW's fault that expectations are rock bottom and virtually nobody believes we can compete in this competition?

You don't feel that has anything to do with the manager that has lowered expectations to this level? I'd agree with you if this was the first, second, third, fifth, ninth (maybe not ninth) go around the wheel.

Yay, who do you want in the draw?
Let's hope we get Bate, let's hope we avoid Real.
Why's that?
Well, we could get through to the knockout stages.
Then what happens?
Fuuuuuck... :ilt:
Well look, cheer up, let's just enjoy the football in the early round.
Deal.
So which team do you think he will pick?
Fuuuuuuuck... :ilt:
Well look, forget that, do you think we can get a result?
Absolutely!
But can we get one when it really counts?
Fuuuuuuuck... :ilt:

Come off it. How many times do we have to surf the wave when we know exactly where the rocks are?

Syn
27-08-2015, 01:54 PM
It's GW's fault that expectations are rock bottom and virtually nobody believes we can compete in this competition?

I'm realistic about where we are as a club. That's why I talk about first impressions about Gabriel, good performances by Ox and Coquelin, and bad performances by Sanchez or Giroud. That's what I discuss. Outside Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich, no sets of fans expects to win this competition. But we are here - every fucking year, the top 32 in Europe.

Maybe our ticket prices demand more - for the club to start caring, you have to stop caring. That's how this works. Be intelligent enough to understand that. And also be intelligent enough to understand that repeatedly saying you don't care doesn't mean you don't care.

Dein-machine
27-08-2015, 02:10 PM
I'm realistic about where we are as a club. That's why I talk about first impressions about Gabriel, good performances by Ox and Coquelin, and bad performances by Sanchez or Giroud. That's what I discuss. Outside Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich, no sets of fans expects to win this competition. But we are here - every fucking year, the top 32 in Europe.

Maybe our ticket prices demand more - for the club to start caring, you have to stop caring. That's how this works. Be intelligent enough to understand that. And also be intelligent enough to understand that repeatedly saying you don't care doesn't mean you don't care.

I certainly don't expect to win it - get through the group stage by playing good football & not shitting ourselves away from home against inferior opposition would be nice - give a decent account of ourselves afterwards, maybe a qtr final or semi - be quite happy with that because that's probably the best we could expect bearing in mind who we're up against.
But even that is not why I was encouraged to pay vast amounts of money for 2 season tickets when moving from Highbury. We were competing in those days against Real & Barca. Bayern weren't even winning their league in those days. No Oiligarchs or Saudi princes have bought those clubs to my knowledge, they haven't moved into a stadium doubling their capacity. So after the promises of the Stadium move to be a dominant European force - maybe I shouldn't be happy with a qtr or semi final. Maybe I should expect to have Lewandowski upfront for us with Vidal as DM rather than Giroud & Coquelin ( which would have been Giroud & Arteta had Wenger not been forced to play Coq last year ). When somethings costing me £2500 a year, should I be happy with that & not moan.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2015, 02:13 PM

You have to stop caring about the club you've supported your whole life so a bunch of suits and a manager who supports them more than he supports us can make hay? Isn't that dereliction and cutting your nose off?

As an alternative, why not join the growing chorus of disapproval? Does that stand any less chance off success than disappearing? Wouldn't this board and manager just love it if all dissenters went away? Is that really the intelligent way to proceed?

I have realistic expectations for the club too. That's why the manager has to go. I don't expect to win anything, as I have already said. I demand we compete to the very best of our capabilities though. It's professional sport FFS! Not 2% short or little bit lack sharpness, but 100% on it and leave the pitch knowing that everything that was planned before we stepped on the pitch has been executed. If we lose then chances are we have lost to a better side. Throwing away games due to a ridiculous belief in fairies and pixies is what pisses me off, and I suspect most other fans.

There's nothing realistic about what Wenger does, unless it comes to money and then of course he is the ultimate housekeeper.

Dein-machine
27-08-2015, 02:29 PM
You have to stop caring about the club you've supported your whole life so a bunch of suits and a manager who supports them more than he supports us can make hay? Isn't that dereliction and cutting your nose off?

As an alternative, why not join the growing chorus of disapproval? Does that stand any less chance off success than disappearing? Wouldn't this board and manager just love it if all dissenters went away? Is that really the intelligent way to proceed?

I have realistic expectations for the club too. That's why the manager has to go. I don't expect to win anything, as I have already said. I demand we compete to the very best of our capabilities though. It's professional sport FFS! Not 2% short or little bit lack sharpness, but 100% on it and leave the pitch knowing that everything that was planned before we stepped on the pitch has been executed. If we lose then chances are we have lost to a better side. Throwing away games due to a ridiculous belief in fairies and pixies is what pisses me off, and I suspect most other fans.

There's nothing realistic about what Wenger does, unless it comes to money and then of course he is the ultimate housekeeper.

But he's not even a good housekeeper anymore in relation to money. A good housekeeper wouldn't have spent the money on the likes of Chamakh, Giroud & Welbeck because its not good house-keeping. A good housekeeper would spent the same kind of money in bringing in a proven striker rather than spending that money on 3 players hoping they become proven strikers.
If he was at all serious about Suarez, it would prove he does know what kind of striker our system requires but then if he knows this, why are all the strikers he's bought nothing like Suarez.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2015, 02:32 PM
But he's not even a good housekeeper anymore in relation to money. A good housekeeper wouldn't have spent the money on the likes of Chamakh, Giroud & Welbeck because its not good house-keeping. A good housekeeper would spent the same kind of money in bringing in a proven striker rather than spending that money on 3 players hoping they become proven strikers.
If he was at all serious about Suarez, it would prove he does know what kind of striker our system requires but then if he knows this, why are all the strikers he's bought nothing like Suarez.

I meant share price, cash in bank, balance sheet, the important stuff.

Syn
27-08-2015, 02:36 PM

your chorus of disapproval is cowardly. None of you do it in front of the cameras where it can make a difference, as you said - no-one expects to make a difference moaning here. But you do it anyway. Because it's therapeutic for you. In your mundane lives, it helps to you to let your frustrations out about an all-for-profit organisation who you claim doesn't give a fuck about you. Fuck the rest who might want to talk about something interesting to them like individual player performances. It doesn't matter, because individual performances don't matter until you have a shiny trophy to put on your supporters CV. The loudest e-voices get their e-voice across and everything boils down to Wenger being a stubborn twat. Good work. Real martyrs you lot are.

LDG
27-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Syn's on the lagers

Dein-machine
27-08-2015, 02:49 PM
I meant share price, cash in bank, balance sheet, the important stuff.

But its all relevent. Spend £100 mill on 3 shit keeprs & 3 shit strikers = less cash in the bank. Share price may be unaffected. Balance sheet rises with higher assets but shit assets don't appreciate.
Spend £200 mill on 1 top keeper, 1 top DM, 1 top attacking midfielder & 1 top striker = less cash in the bank initially but this can be refunded by shirt sales & better success ie Winning something or even staying in the C.L. longer, improved share price in relation to success & more exposure world wide that runs parallel to success. Increase in balance sheet with the potential of these quality assets appreciating.

Syn
27-08-2015, 02:51 PM
Syn's on the lagers

Dont know what you're on about.

http://s22.postimg.org/tgecx3b2p/image.jpg

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2015, 02:51 PM
your chorus of disapproval is cowardly. None of you do it in front of the cameras where it can make a difference, as you said - no-one expects to make a difference moaning here. But you do it anyway. Because it's therapeutic for you. In your mundane lives, it helps to you to let your frustrations out about an all-for-profit organisation who you claim doesn't give a fuck about you. Fuck the rest who might want to talk about something interesting to them like individual player performances. It doesn't matter, because individual performances don't matter until you have a shiny trophy to put on your supporters CV. The loudest e-voices get their e-voice across and everything boils down to Wenger being a stubborn twat. Good work. Real martyrs you lot are.

Yeah you're just off on one now, having not listened as is demonstrated by the "shiny CV" nonsense.

Where's the camera? I'll say it. All in all a bit odd. Individual voices mean fuck all, you say, but when they become a chorus then that's "cowardly"? The brave thing would be to stop following the club? I don't agree and I can't think many other fans would agree.

Why do we watch sport at all? Talking about it is an extension of the reason. Same as talking about a movie or a hobby or the weather. Weather happens - people talk about it. Why? Does it change the weather? Conclusion - nobody should ever talk about the weather.

There's an endless stream of talk about players and their performances on this site. What are you getting at here?

All for profit organisations? Agreed. And I know what you are saying when you say don't consume. But sport and football in general are not off the shelf consumer items. That's the point. These fuckers are trying to turn it into just that. Fans will complain, it is normal and required if only in an attempt to slow the pace. These bastards might laugh their arses off in provate rooms but all of them value their fake public image, so there's always a little dance that goes on where they engineer things behind the scenes to maximise their own returns then kick a little back so they can carry on pretending they are the good guys. Happens in every walk of life, not just sport. That little kick back vanishes if everyone just shuts up or it is left to the genuinely cowardly and brain dead to consume come what may and without a whimper.

You have this one wrong Syn. Completely. Sounds like you are just pissed off for the day, which is fine.

GP
27-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Syn's on the lagers

It's like Claude vs. Ty.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Dont know what you're on about.

http://s22.postimg.org/tgecx3b2p/image.jpg

How has that not spilled? :blink:

Dein-machine
27-08-2015, 02:54 PM

Damn right - its therapeutic. I have to hear from other Gooners who confirm the shit we are being served from Wenger - just to make sure its not me going crazy. Otherwise I would need a shrink - was going to ask you for the address of yours but I'm not sure he's all that.

Dein-machine
27-08-2015, 02:56 PM
How has that not spilled? :blink:

He did spill some but he moped it up incase you moaned about it

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2015, 03:00 PM
But its all relevent. Spend £100 mill on 3 shit keeprs & 3 shit strikers = less cash in the bank. Share price may be unaffected. Balance sheet rises with higher assets but shit assets don't appreciate.
Spend £200 mill on 1 top keeper, 1 top DM, 1 top attacking midfielder & 1 top striker = less cash in the bank initially but this can be refunded by shirt sales & better success ie Winning something or even staying in the C.L. longer, improved share price in relation to success & more exposure world wide that runs parallel to success. Increase in balance sheet with the potential of these quality assets appreciating.

Never worked for a company that does the stupidest fucking things in the stupidest fucking way because they have always done it that way and can predict the returns that will be yielded and so are entirely satisfied? A few simple changes and these companies could be twice as effective and profitable but they are happy with their Excel spreadsheets and the annual bonus. Placeholders instead of pioneers.

CL qualification ever year. That's the goal of this business. If you can get that year after year and you are happy with that then you press the winning formula every year. It may not make sense in terms of climbing the ladder to compete with the very top clubs but it makes a lot of sense for a bean counter like Kroenke. He does this with all his investments, doesn't he?

Syn
27-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Dean machine and NQ, I moscow. But this is not over. I will e-fuck you up in a few hours.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2015, 03:07 PM
Dean machine and NQ, I moscow. But this is not over. I will e-fuck you up in a few hours.

Why? The only way you are going to get us to change is to leave and not come back.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2015, 03:08 PM
Claude almost letting Ty get a word in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki-x-DVkJHo

Dein-machine
27-08-2015, 03:08 PM

I love a bully - I shit em

Marc Overmars
27-08-2015, 03:31 PM
We got Bayern, Roma and Malmo in the rehearsal. :lol:

Munchies
27-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Want all the big teams

AFC Leveller
27-08-2015, 03:43 PM

Is that when they test the hot and cold balls before match fixing?

Globalgunner
27-08-2015, 03:45 PM

Quietly confident we can beat Malmo to Europa cup qualification

Munchies
27-08-2015, 03:56 PM
Quietly confident we can beat Malmo to Europa cup qualification

:gp:

Özim
27-08-2015, 04:04 PM
Last 16 is where it's at, it's the "in" thing at the moment, quarters, semis or the final is for losers.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Bayern Munich
Arsenal

:haha:

Fist of Lehmann
27-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Bayern lol

adzzzbatch
27-08-2015, 04:18 PM
:ilt:

Globalgunner
Its Bayern

Marc Overmars
PSV
Manchester United

:rolleyes:

Master Splinter
27-08-2015, 04:19 PM
United get PSV.

It's just ridiculous.

Munchies
27-08-2015, 04:19 PM
Bayern :bow:

GP
27-08-2015, 04:20 PM
That's fine, we'll just go and win in the Allianz Arena.

Again.

Özim
27-08-2015, 04:21 PM
If you're in Pot 2 you'll most likely get a tough draw, we've brought it on ourselves.

Probably get schooled by Bayern again, couldn't handle Dortmund last time so Bayern should be fun.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Chelsea
Porto :rolleyes:

Juve
Man City

Kano
27-08-2015, 04:22 PM
Excellent. That's at least two proper group games.

Munchies
27-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Barca legends?

Fuck off already

Globalgunner
27-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Olympiakos....theres hope

Marc Overmars
Bayern Munich
Arsenal
Olympiakos :sleep:

Kano
Olympiacos, not so good

Master Splinter
Every fucking year.

Olympiacos FFS.

Our draws are incredibly boring. I want to play someone new.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2015, 04:26 PM
PSV
Man United
CSKA Moscow

Marc Overmars
27-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Juve
Man City
Sevilla

:haha:

Özim
Basically looks like we're going to be 2nd again, we'll then meet a decent team and say our goodbyes.

Munchies
Close to the rehearsal? :lol:

Master Splinter
27-08-2015, 04:28 PM
At least City are continuing to get tough teams too.

It's beyond a joke how Chelsea and United keep getting these farcical draws. FFP doing it's work again.

Munchies
Man City :haha:

Marc Overmars
Chelsea
Porto
Dynamo Kiev

Kano
27-08-2015, 04:30 PM
At least City are continuing to get tough teams too.

It's beyond a joke how Chelsea and United keep getting these farcical draws. FFP doing it's work again.

Doesn't matter one bit for Utd, they're going out in the group stage.

At least we've got two real games to look forward to.

Munchies
27-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Chelsea
Porto
Dynamo Kiev

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Özim
27-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Chelsea
Porto
Dynamo Kiev

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Master Splinter
27-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Chelsea get Maccabi Tel Aviv. :haha:

Wolfsburg for us.

adzzzbatch
27-08-2015, 04:37 PM
I don't think we'll make it out of the group tbh.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Chelsea
Porto
Dynamo Kiev
Maccabi Tel Aviv

Master Splinter
27-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Dinamo Zagreb.

At least we don't play them every year.

Master Splinter
27-08-2015, 04:38 PM
United get a tricky final team. :faint:

Marc Overmars
27-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Bayern Munich
Arsenal
Olympiakos
Dynamo Zagreb

:shrug:

Marc Overmars
27-08-2015, 04:39 PM
PSV
Man United
CSKA Moscow
Wolfsburg

Kano
27-08-2015, 04:40 PM
A mostly underwhelming group as usual. Looking forward to Bayern. The other two, meh

Marc Overmars
Juve
Man City
Sevilla
Borussia Monchengladbach

Master Splinter
Although of course Wolfsburg's best player will be at Citeh.

At least they have Dennis Bendtner :bow:.

Özil's Panoramic View
27-08-2015, 04:43 PM
So, only thing left to ponder now is who will knock us out in the subsequent stage.

Kano
27-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Whatever happens it'll be a tough draw for the next stage because we'll finish behind Bayern.

At least we won't get Bayern I guess.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2015, 04:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNbez2hWIAA8noq.jpg:large

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-08-2015, 04:49 PM
So, only thing I ponder no is who will knock us out in the subsequent stage.

Looking at the draw probably a Spanish side

AFC Leveller
27-08-2015, 04:54 PM
our record at the bayern arena recently is a draw and a win.

our record at home though....

fakeyank
27-08-2015, 04:57 PM
2nd in group stages, knocked out in 2nd round. Next!

AFC Leveller
27-08-2015, 04:59 PM
2nd in group stages, knocked out in 2nd round. Next!

season crumble starts mid Feb, shows real promise by march and is concluded end of April.

Globalgunner
27-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Messi wins POTY, the best of the best

Master Splinter
27-08-2015, 09:26 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150827/arsenal-learn-champions-league-group

Zagreb away on Wednesday evening. Chelsea at 12:45 on Saturday morning.

Chelsea also play on the Wednesday, but at least they're at home.

Absurd. All other countries help their teams out and want to see the best football possible.

Someone needs to destroy BT and their early Saturday kick-offs.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2015, 10:51 PM
6 points certainly needed before the Bayern double header.

Finishing with Olympiakos away again. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2015, 11:30 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150827/arsenal-learn-champions-league-group

Absurd. All other countries help their teams out and want to see the best football possible.

Massive advantage to the chavs then. Preposterous scheduling.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2015, 11:43 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/27/18/2BB6988800000578-0-image-a-36_1440696163261.jpg

LOL.

Static
28-08-2015, 05:09 AM
Oh look. A photograph of some guy, Messi and the best player in the world.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2015, 06:09 AM
Platini retired some time ago.

Injury Time
28-08-2015, 06:38 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/27/18/2BB6988800000578-0-image-a-36_1440696163261.jpg

LOL.
Go on darlink put zis on...

Özim
28-08-2015, 06:45 AM
Massive advantage to the chavs then. Preposterous scheduling.

Ready made excuse for Wenger then, we'll lack a little bit of sharpness.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Ready made excuse for Wenger then, we'll lack a little bit of sharpness.

Maybe so, but it's still ridiculous scheduling that gives an advantage to one team over another.

Xhaka Can’t
28-08-2015, 04:33 PM
I would bet on exactly the same happening in the C.L. as recent years, in the same way that I would have bet on Wenger not strengthening the squad where needed in the summer & the same way that I will bet on us not competing for the league title this year - we have Ground-Hog day every year under Wenger, you could already lay the same bets for 2016/2107 season.

The seasons sure feel long these days, but that is fucking ridiculous!

Dein-machine
28-08-2015, 04:38 PM
The seasons sure feel long these days, but that is fucking ridiculous!

Is it - where have you been for the past decade?

Xhaka Can’t
28-08-2015, 04:44 PM

Already done.

Sky have the 12:45 kick-offs from next season.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Is it - where have you been for the past decade?

If Wenger is here for the next hundred years I'm going to punch Letters in the balls.

Injury Time
28-08-2015, 09:17 PM
If Wenger is here for the next hundred years I'm going to punch Letters in the balls.

Fuck it, do it once for each year, just in case :good: