PDA

View Full Version : Who Will the New Manager Be?

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2015, 02:22 PM
So obviously Wenger is gone, whether it's now or at the end of the season. He can't blag this out any longer. But who replaces him?

dostoy
29-08-2015, 04:42 PM
Pointless thread as its nearly 5 years too early.

fakeyank
29-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Pointless thread as its nearly 15 years too early.

This.

Made a small correction.

Globalgunner
29-08-2015, 05:02 PM
There will never be another manager after Wenger. The club will disappear into the Matrix ether after he has gone and we will all wake up faced with a choice of two colored pills.

Dein-machine
29-08-2015, 06:22 PM
My mum - even she knows Giroud is shit.

Kano
29-08-2015, 06:27 PM
He'll see out his contract and he'll be here for one more season after this one.

Bumble
29-08-2015, 06:32 PM
There will never be another manager after Wenger. The club will disappear into the Matrix ether after he has gone and we will all wake up faced with a choice of two colored pills.

Wenger will just pack up his stadium and squad and ride off into the sunset in about 25 years.

Özim
29-08-2015, 07:23 PM

Exactly, without Wenger this club wouldn't exist, all the titles and trophies we won before him count for nothing (all mickey mouse), we'll all have to go and support Aldershot after he leaves.

Munchies
30-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Monk has done a great job at Swansea..

selassie
03-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Agree with Munchies, Monk is doing a great job and has bought well. Wenger is here for a while yet IMO. He has the perfect job.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-09-2015, 06:36 PM
So obviously Wenger is gone, whether it's now or at the end of the season. He can't blag this out any longer. But who replaces him?

Are you feeling ok?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Monk has done a great job at Swansea..

He has but he's still unproven and with no offence we are too big a club to be going sign unproven managers. If Wenger went right now, we'd be looking at Ancelotti, Klopp, Joachim Low and possibly Guardiola (we'd have Bould in as caretaker until the end of the season)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Though of course it's all pure fantasy Wenger is here until 2020 at least

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-09-2015, 06:41 PM

Which one allows you to live in blissful ignorance of the nightmare existence you have?. That'd be the one id go for

alexander
03-09-2015, 07:34 PM
As much as i am at the end of my teather with Wenger, I do have fears of a new manager. When i look at ManU, Pool, Spurs etc they cant settle on a decent manager. I for one would prefer a comfortable(ish) top four finish rather than the suffering Pool, spuds etc go through each season. Moyes was lorded as the next big thing, and he did a good job at Everton, but failed at ManU. They are all up and down, players come and go as they play well for one manager but not the next. I feel sometimes better the devil you know. Yes Monk is doing well, but give it a year or so and he could be the next Coyle, or Rodgers. I look at Pep, Mour, they go from one mega rich club to the next, teams that are already graced with `top top quality`. Klopp has done ok, improved this season but last was dire.
Im not a gambler in life, so Im probably wrong. Out of that list above, I would punt for Pep, but as for the others, Im less inclined. Other than Klopp, Pep, who is out there that can make a real good job of it.

Harland
10-09-2015, 12:56 PM
As much as i am at the end of my teather with Wenger, I do have fears of a new manager. When i look at ManU, Pool, Spurs etc they cant settle on a decent manager. I for one would prefer a comfortable(ish) top four finish rather than the suffering Pool, spuds etc go through each season. Moyes was lorded as the next big thing, and he did a good job at Everton, but failed at ManU. They are all up and down, players come and go as they play well for one manager but not the next. I feel sometimes better the devil you know. Yes Monk is doing well, but give it a year or so and he could be the next Coyle, or Rodgers. I look at Pep, Mour, they go from one mega rich club to the next, teams that are already graced with `top top quality`. Klopp has done ok, improved this season but last was dire.
Im not a gambler in life, so Im probably wrong. Out of that list above, I would punt for Pep, but as for the others, Im less inclined. Other than Klopp, Pep, who is out there that can make a real good job of it.

Who is Klopp managing?

Maestro
10-09-2015, 04:32 PM
GW really should have been an option in this poll, we could do it for half the wages

Maestro
10-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Who is Klopp managing?

Asunlounger FC

Goonerno1
10-09-2015, 10:52 PM
Be careful what you wish for, although lack of silverware is disappointing but we are consistent top 4 club, just wish Wenger would buy those last few bits of a jigsaw puzzle.

Coney
12-09-2015, 01:41 PM
Be careful what you wish for, although lack of silverware is disappointing but we are consistent top 4 club, just wish Wenger would buy those last few bits of a jigsaw puzzle.

He will. He has bought a couple of expensive players since the stadium debt became history. He won't just buy for the sake of it. Look at spuds who spent a load of money on 3 players and it did not work out. Buying one or two each summer is the way to build the team/squad. Even SAF did not go out and spend loads every time - he bought a couple of key players each time. Sure - we needed to buy someone who would put the ball in the net but as AW said, you don't want just anyone. You need to get someone who will improve the squad and Giroud is not as crap as some seem to make out.

Since the stadium build phase,we have won the FA Cup twice and come 3rd - 1st if you ignore the two teams with a billion pounds of silly money. The way some people talk about our club, you'd think we were languishing in the conference. Of course it would be nice to get another title and to win the CL but most clubs in England would love to have our 'problem'.

alexander
13-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Who is Klopp managing?

My bad. Not keeping up with the German league fail. Apologies.:doh:

Letters
14-09-2015, 07:33 AM
He will. He has bought a couple of expensive players since the stadium debt became history. He won't just buy for the sake of it. Look at spuds who spent a load of money on 3 players and it did not work out. Buying one or two each summer is the way to build the team/squad. Even SAF did not go out and spend loads every time - he bought a couple of key players each time. Sure - we needed to buy someone who would put the ball in the net but as AW said, you don't want just anyone. You need to get someone who will improve the squad and Giroud is not as crap as some seem to make out.

Since the stadium build phase,we have won the FA Cup twice and come 3rd - 1st if you ignore the two teams with a billion pounds of silly money. The way some people talk about our club, you'd think we were languishing in the conference. Of course it would be nice to get another title and to win the CL but most clubs in England would love to have our 'problem'.

I seriously don't understand some people on here. Wenger does deserve some criticism at time but not to the level he gets on here.

He hates spending money, he isn't interested in winning. But just in the last 2 years we've signed players like Ozil, Sanchez and Cech, all top players of the level we weren't signing before the new financial deals were put in place. We've won 2 FA Cups in a row and finished 4th and then 3rd - only the two teams with the infinite money cheat turned on finished above us last year. Right now we're 3rd, Utd are only above us on goal difference and while City have hit the ground running they're the only team to have done so and they will hit a rough patch sooner or later, probably sooner. Chelsea meanwhile are nowhere.

We did need a striker to push us on and Wenger deserves criticism if his failure to land one costs us, but I agree there was no point signing another 'Welbeck' just for the sake of having another player.

Utd have shown the dangers of replacing a top manager with someone who isn't up to it. Moyes (who some on here actually suggested as a replacement for Wenger :lol:) took the reigning champions to 7th. Van Gaal is now desperately trying to buy his way back to success, it's too early to know whether it will succeed but if it does it will have been because of the money rather than Van Gaal being any good. Klopp was also suggested as a replacement for Wenger, he's obviously a good manager but Dortmund had a car crash of a season last year - something Wenger has never done. Rodgers was also suggested after one good season - somewhat skewed by a combination of Liverpool having no European football that year and Suarez on insane form. Again, Rodgers is decent enough but has done nothing to suggest he'd be a capable replacement for Wenger.

Clearly at some point we have to move on from Wenger but the way some people talk on here you'd think Wenger is so inept that any idiot would do better. That clearly isn't true.

Letters
14-09-2015, 08:35 AM
Addendum - it's been pointed out that we're not 3rd :lol:
I didn't notice how the Leicester result affected the table yesterday, but I don't think we need to worry about them too much this season, longer term.

Niall_Quinn
14-09-2015, 08:54 AM
Maybe not worry, but at least let's treat them with a bit of respect and prepare properly when we meet them. We don't want another of those performances where we arrogantly assume we have won before stepping on the pitch and consequently get our arses handed to us.

Niall_Quinn
29-09-2015, 10:28 PM
HOUSTON – With five matches left in the regular season, there’s little optimism around the Houston Dynamo. A two-game losing streak has put the club’s season on the brink of being over nearly a month before their season finale at Vancouver on Oct. 25.

As they prepare to face rivals Sporting Kansas City – a team looking to cement their playoff positioning – on Wednesday (8:30 pm ET, MLS LIVE), the Dynamo’s focus could be as much on next year as finishing the season strong.

“To make the playoffs, that’s a big ask. There’s no getting away from that, considering we’ve given up the last two games,” head coach Owen Coyle told the media Tuesday. “We as a group have to go in and show a reaction to the losses and show a bit of character.

“As it is, we now have five games where we want to play well and we want to go and try and win games. That’s what I’m looking for from those players from right now to the end of the season. To show who wants to be part of Houston Dynamo, to show who wants to be here.”

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/09/23/owen-coyle-asks-houston-dynamo-show-who-wants-be-here-fading-playoff-hopes-s

selassie
30-09-2015, 07:07 AM
There are managers I would take above Wenger these days. All this talk of life being difficult after Wenger is nonsense, life with him in charge now is difficult and it's all his own doing.

Maestro
30-09-2015, 04:36 PM
There are managers I would take above Wenger these days. All this talk of life being difficult after Wenger is nonsense, life with him in charge now is difficult and it's all his own doing.

That list is growing with each passing season

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
30-09-2015, 04:47 PM
I think the list dwindles, not because I think Wenger is marvellous because I think in the fullness of times many managers built up as the next big thing tend to be utter shit.

If we really wanted a proper step up on Wenger (and not anyone will do because Wenger is a cunt) we'd go all out to poach Guardiola from under Man City's noses.

Power n Glory
30-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Ancelotti, Pepp or Klopp. Wenger should be sacked on the spot if we have any chance of bringing one of those guys in.

Niall_Quinn
30-09-2015, 05:10 PM
That list is growing with each passing match

:gp:

Maestro
30-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Ancelotti, Pepp or Klopp. Wenger should be sacked on the spot if we have any chance of bringing one of those guys in.

I'd add Diego Simeone to that list

Maestro
30-09-2015, 05:25 PM

more accurate

GP
30-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Brendan Rodgers

Injury Time
30-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Brendan Rodgers

:woohoo:

Hey wait a minute<_<

LDG
30-09-2015, 08:00 PM
I hear Orson Vagner is the man being touted.

Aparently he's a German that has been working Grampus 8 in Japan. Some really good things have been whispered about him. Watch this space.

GP
30-09-2015, 08:30 PM
What, that paedo??

Injury Time
30-09-2015, 09:14 PM
What, that paedo??
Well our manager has certainly lost his touch with the kids :(

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2016, 09:08 PM
Wenger until 2019 I am reading.

Granted on Bleacher report, reporting from The Sun. :lol:

Power n Glory
23-01-2016, 11:52 AM
What else is new?

Globalgunner
23-01-2016, 01:16 PM
The more things change elsewhere, the more they stay the same at Arsenal. At least Letters will be happy.

The Emirates Gallactico
23-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Wenger until 2019 I am reading.

Granted on Bleacher report, reporting from The Sun. :lol:

NQ's going to have an aneurysm when he finds out. :lol:

Silly of Gazidis to start discussing a new contract now though. It should be handled at the end of the season and be predetermined on whether Wenger brings us home the title or not.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2016, 03:25 PM
If he ditches the crap style and tactics and brings in the players we need and reverts to entertaining, high tempo, attacking football then he can stay as long as he wants. It's not him, it's what he does that's the problem. Surely he can't think he can stay here for another 3-4 years serving up the same old crap? A new contract would have to be a fresh start, not just more of the same.

Letters
23-01-2016, 04:51 PM
The more things change elsewhere, the more they stay the same at Arsenal. At least Letters will be happy.

Yes. As I've said repeatedly*, I want him to be our manager forever no matter how we do.

* - by which I mean never.

Master Splinter
23-01-2016, 05:22 PM
I want him to be our manager forever.

Wenger :bow:.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Somebody has screwed with the poll in a desperate attempt to make this forum appear popular.

selassie
23-01-2016, 10:34 PM
NQ's going to have an aneurysm when he finds out. :lol:

:haha:

Maestro
23-01-2016, 10:49 PM
:haha::haha: there's like eleven members total on this forum, anyone seen the poll??

fakeyank
24-01-2016, 03:13 AM
Didnt know I was a member of the greatest Arsenal forum on the web!
:dancingman:

Niall_Quinn
24-01-2016, 11:15 AM
Turns out it was Pep himself, using multiple accounts :doh: He's done the same on Blue Moon.

Maureen is spamming Red Cafe.

Munchies
29-02-2016, 11:12 AM
Lots of gooners are wanting Joachim Low

After the Euros, what else is there for Germany?

GP
29-02-2016, 11:14 AM
Low's club record isn't spectacular. Maybe he's best suited to international management?

Who knows? Worth the risk maybe.

I don't know. Same again, bartender.

Niall_Quinn
29-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Lots of gooners are wanting Joachim Low

After the Euros, what else is there for Germany?

Alleged gooners are also talking about Maureen. :doh:

Simeone would great. Within a week his tactics would force half the lazy bastards in the squad onto the transfer list.

LDG
29-02-2016, 11:23 AM
I'd even rob that little cunt from Spurs. He's doing far more with a less talented squad.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-02-2016, 11:29 AM
Tuchel
Low
Koeman (has won titles with Ajax and Benfica)
Would even consider Bilic if we are stuck with Wenger until 2017

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Alleged gooners are also talking about Maureen. :doh:

I hate to be discriminatory but we can't afford to employ the mentally ill in order to tick a diversity quota box

Niall_Quinn
29-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Tuchel
Low
Koeman (has won titles with Ajax and Benfica)
Would even consider Bilic if we are stuck with Wenger until 2017

I like Bilic too, but would he come with a reputation big enough to stick up to those cunts in the boardroom? Would it be a honeymoon and a massive bust up all in the space of a season? Any new manager would have to come in with one eye on the leeches upstairs. The biggest disaster imaginable would be for Wenger to move upstairs. That would kill us for another decade regardless of who came in.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-02-2016, 12:32 PM
What appears to be the case is that whoever the manager is, they
appear to have complete autonomy.

Letters
29-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Koeman, for me.

Bumble
29-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Vieira and Henry. Vieira has a bit of experience but both know how to win and what its like to win.

Marc Overmars
29-02-2016, 01:20 PM
From the PL, it has to be Koeman.

He seems like someone who doesn't accept any shit. I really like the pressing style he has Southampton, he also had a very respected playing career so I don't think we'd have to worry about potential signings not wanting to play for him.

From outside, I think we should be having words with Simeone. He's a bit of a nutter but his Atleti team are difficult to play against, if we had any of their traits we'd be walking this league in the same way Chelsea did last year.

Kano
29-02-2016, 01:26 PM
From the PL, it has to be Koeman.

He seems like someone who doesn't accept any shit. I really like the pressing style he has Southampton, he also had a very respected playing career so I don't think we'd have to worry about potential signings not wanting to play for him.

From outside, I think we should be having words with Simeone. He's a bit of a nutter but his Atleti team are difficult to play against, if we had any of their traits we'd be walking this league in the same way Chelsea did last year.

As much as I enjoy him and Atleti screwing over the cunts that are Barca and Madrid, I can't say I enjoy watching his teams too much. They concede very few goals of course but the consequence is they don't score too much either.

A change here would be nice from our current style but that's not really one I'd be happy to see implemented here.

Bumble
29-02-2016, 01:32 PM
No point getting too excited though as Arsene will be on the interview panel.

Kano
29-02-2016, 01:38 PM
No point getting too excited though as Arsene will be on the interview panel.

He'd definitely going upstairs to another role, whenever that may be.

Niall_Quinn
29-02-2016, 01:39 PM
He'd definitely going upstairs to another role, whenever that may be.

Chief Executive Back Seat Driver I would have thought.

AFC Leveller
29-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Simeone would be perfect. People keep saying his teams are boring and dont score enough goals but thats not true, they have some really exciting talent (Griezmann, Koke etc) and dominate their games (regularely go to Barcelona and Real Madrid and dominate). We are in desperate need of passion and commitment on the pitch.

Wenger OUT, he really has to go now.

Niall_Quinn
29-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Simeone would be perfect. People keep saying his teams are boring and dont score enough goals but thats not true, they have some really exciting talent (Griezmann, Koke etc) and dominate their games (regularely go to Barcelona and Real Madrid and dominate). We are in desperate need of passion and commitment on the pitch.

Wenger OUT, he really has to go now.

Can you imagine our little darlings in a training session under Simeone? 5 minutes and they'd all be dead, bar Alexis maybe. We'd probably need to change half the squad if Simeone was brought in. which he won't be. We all know who will be here next year and probably until 2019. If those recent shares really did change hands for £200mill then the club is doing spectacularly well financially and there's no way the pigs will get rid of the guy who keeps filling their trough to overflowing. Even if he'd get a decent coach in and let the guy do a job. Anything to throw a fresh idea onto this hamster wheel.

Munchies
29-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Only way Arsene is not in charge next season is if Spurs win the league

They'll do us next week

selassie
29-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Only way Arsene is not in charge next season is if Spurs win the league

They'll do us next week

If Spurs win it he'll just say they have spent big money over they years building up their squad of players. He'll have an excuse for Leicester too.

Don't forget, everybody else is wrong and he's right.

rodders
29-02-2016, 02:09 PM
Trouble is Wenger does not understand that he is in anyway to blame. He will never resign and the board won't sack him unless that Russian chap gets control. Speaking of which I read he has acquired some more shares .How many does he now have in relation to Kronke?

Munchies
29-02-2016, 02:13 PM
Trouble is Wenger does not understand that he is in anyway to blame. He will never resign and the board won't sack him unless that Russian chap gets control. Speaking of which I read he has acquired some more shares .How many does he now have in relation to Kronke?

The Uzbek-born Russian billionaire has increased his stake to 30.04%

Kroenke has 67%

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3466044/Arsenal-shareholder-Alisher-Usmanov-increases-stake-club-30-billionaire-pledges-long-term-investment.html

Niall_Quinn
29-02-2016, 02:24 PM
If Spurs win it he'll just say they have spent big money over they years building up their squad of players. He'll have an excuse for Leicester too.

Don't forget, everybody else is wrong and he's right.

His most likely excuse is that this season was an anomaly and all the big clubs suffered for unknown reasons, hell he may even say our non-performance in line with the chavs, gypos and utd PROVES we are a big club. He'll say everything will be back to normal next season and when Pep, Maureen and whoever the chavs are bringing in get here and start splashing the cash he'll have his trusty old excuse back in commission. Whatever he needs to say to cover his arse, he'll say. The owners want him here so here is where he'll stay.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-02-2016, 02:29 PM
Need more ex players like Paul Merson to come out against him

Henry won't do it, but Keown, Parlour, Dixon and Winterburn (not Adams the guy is a complete space cadet) could say it's time to move on. End of the day even a club run like a business can deal with so much negative press.

Kano
29-02-2016, 02:33 PM
He will never resign and the board won't sack him unless that Russian chap gets control.
Yeeeah, about that...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11785590/Arsenal-news-Alisher-Usmanov-says-Arsene-Wenger-should-keep-his-job-as-long-as-he-wants.html

Niall_Quinn
29-02-2016, 02:34 PM
Need more ex players like Paul Merson to come out against him

Henry won't do it, but Keown, Parlour, Dixon and Winterburn (not Adams the guy is a complete space cadet) could say it's time to move on. End of the day even a club run like a business can deal with so much negative press.

You'd think so, but when so much money is at stake it all has to get personally painful before a majority will act. Look at the big banks, I mean how much more obvious does it need to be and yet there they are again taking big bonuses while strangling the little guy. That's without the element of fandom attached, people hate the fucking banks already but they won't act against them or can't get organised. Can't see any radical uprising in the nice and comfortable ranks of the professional talkers, not unless it is an approved campaign. These players know the guy on a personal level, it would be hard for them to stick the boot in too hard.

Niall_Quinn
29-02-2016, 02:37 PM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03398/usmanov_3398702b.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/87/Jabba_the_Hutt.png

GP
29-02-2016, 02:50 PM
He's also fat.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-02-2016, 03:21 PM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03398/usmanov_3398702b.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/87/Jabba_the_Hutt.png

At least Jabba was open about being a crime lord

fakeyank
29-02-2016, 03:27 PM
No point of this thread tbh.. Wenger is not leaving this job till he is alive.

Chippy
29-02-2016, 09:05 PM
I'd even rob that little cunt from Spurs. He's doing far more with a less talented squad.

Yep! With you there.

LDG
01-03-2016, 10:41 AM
No point of this thread tbh.. Wenger is not leaving this job till he is alive.

He is alive in the Robot sense.

He just has quite a lot of loose wiring. I think Pardew pulled a few cables out when they had their scuffle.