PDA

View Full Version : Chavs v Arsenal Match Reaction

Xhaka Can’t
19-09-2015, 01:42 PM
Remember when Costa assaulted Koscielny, pushed him over and scratched Gabriel in front of the officials and then ordered the ref to send Gabriel off and the ref obliged?

This actually happened in professional football.

.this.

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 01:47 PM
One rule for the chavs, another for Arsenal, and a corrupt official to make sure the rules are applied accordingly. Another triumph for Maureen and his maggots.

As bad as Costa is, and he's probably as bad as we have ever seen, it was particularly nice to see that Arsenal lover Fabregash screaming and rolling around to get Santi sent off. Well done mate, I feel the love.

Maestro
19-09-2015, 01:47 PM
says it all

money cheat and doping are important for buying officials and the media

Ty and Comical Ali, this is not a day to come out defending wenget, no one is slating him today so STFU

A Gunner
19-09-2015, 01:50 PM
I think all ref should answers question at the end of the match, like players and managers!

McNamara That Ghost...
19-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Disgusting sport.

Marc Overmars
19-09-2015, 01:52 PM
Incredibly predictable result compounded with some appalling officiating.

Diego Costa is a scumbag.

AFC Leveller
19-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Horrible.

Despite everything that went against us, this 2-0 scoreline is very familiar and one many of us predicted.

Not one gooner predicted an arsenal win.

Globalgunner
Theres always a reason why we lose to Chelsea.
Shit refs only mask the truth.

hobson's choice
Just disgusted

Maestro
19-09-2015, 01:56 PM
we should the tea lady at the emirates, to face the media instead of wenget .....and give her licence to call dean and chelsea cunts for cheating

AFC Leveller
19-09-2015, 01:57 PM
When you look at what giroud did on Wednesday when he got sent off and what Costa did today and still manage to stay on the pitch, you cannot deny that we have been tucked over by the refs.

However, losing to Chelsea Is just horrible. It happens every year and when they come to our place, they always take a point at least.

mastermind84
19-09-2015, 01:58 PM
the ref and Costa were awful, but how thick of a footballer is Alexis Sanchez? Didnt run at Ivanovic but one time the entire match. Thats on Wenger for not instructing an obviously thick player.

Penguin
19-09-2015, 01:59 PM
As bad as Costa is, and he's probably as bad as we have ever seen, it was particularly nice to see that Arsenal lover Fabregash screaming and rolling around to get Santi sent off. Well done mate, I feel the love.

I can't remember a game against Chelsea where Fabregas hasn't been throwing himself on the floor. And he's always there moaning to the ref whenever one of the other Chelsea cunts goes down. Twat.

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 01:59 PM
You can't judge the result in football terms today. We were in that match, we were even in when down to 10. But Dean has bulldozed everything else into insignificance with his blatant performance. Not content to give them a clear advantage, when the decision should have been to give US the advantage for Costa's cheating, he then made things doubly certain with his precision targeting of Santi. This match was all about Mike Dean and whoever bribed him.

Maestro
19-09-2015, 02:01 PM
yes there are things we didn't do right today, and we likely would have lost as per usual but wenget gets a free pass from me today

such blatant cuntishness and cheating need to be called out

McNamara That Ghost...
19-09-2015, 02:03 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: "I would not like to be Mike Dean tonight. Costa twice should be sent off. He hits him in the face in purpose. In every game he has aggravation and he gets away with it because of the weakness of the referee. We knew before the game he is only looking at that.

"Gabriel should not have responded at all but the two sending offs for us and Costa staying on the pitch is a shame."

Wenger. :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
19-09-2015, 02:04 PM
I have very little positive to say about our prospects and repetition of the same mistakes and failures over and over.

But today, there is no way you can come to a conclusion other than we have been fucked over by the ref.

The Invincibles at the zenith of their powers would have lost today.

Penguin
19-09-2015, 02:05 PM
I was going to ask if you guys thought there would be any chance of retrospective punishment on Costa. We all know there wont be though. Dean will say he saw it so they wont change his decision. Were these rules made up on a school playground?

hobson's choice
19-09-2015, 02:08 PM
The so-called Gabriel kick out, was literally him lifting his leg, with absolutely no contact made.

Kano
Vex Wenger :bow:

Maestro
what sort of sanctions would we have faced if we pulled all the players off the pitch and left, following dean's non-action on costa?

just wondering that's all

hobson's choice
19-09-2015, 02:09 PM
And no Arsenal player stepping to Costa pisses me off even more.

hobson's choice
19-09-2015, 02:09 PM
what sort of sanctions would we have faced if we pulled all the players off the pitch and left, following dean's non-action on costa?

Should've happened after the Carzola sending off

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 02:10 PM
I was going to ask if you guys thought there would be any chance of retrospective punishment on Costa. We all know there wont be though. Dean will say he saw it so they wont change his decision. Were these rules made up on a school playground?

No chance will they take action against that shameful cunt costa. But we should at least be appealing Gabriel's red. costas behaviour would have to be examined in that case and the old codgers would be forced into acknowledging they think one girly little flick of a heel is a more serious offence than all that shit costa did. Trouble is, that would make them look ridiculous but they haven't had any problems at all with being made look ridiculous in the past. I wonder if any journos will have the balls to do their job?

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 02:12 PM

Easy way for them to make us the bad guys. It was better to play on so that everyone who isn't a vile chav could see the clear distinction between a football club and the enemy of football who needs to cheat to get himself out of the relegation zone.

PGFC
19-09-2015, 02:14 PM
I have very little positive to say about our prospects and repetition of the same mistakes and failures over and over.

But today, there is no way you can come to a conclusion other than we have been fucked over by the ref.

Reminds me of that other Mike, Riley the cheating cunt

Xhaka Can’t
19-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Costa, Mourinho and that cunt Dean are stains on this game. What is the fucking point of watching these stains constantly rewarded for turning it into unwatchable shit?

Maestro
19-09-2015, 02:16 PM
Easy way for them to make us the bad guys. It was better to play on so that everyone who isn't a vile chav could see the clear distinction between a football club and the enemy of football who needs to cheat to get himself out of the relegation zone.

what happened today was just a new level of disgusting cheating, i just can't believe nothing will come of this .....no repercussions for dean or costa? there is no point pretending to compete or play fair, no point whatsoever if this is allowed to stand.

alexander
19-09-2015, 02:19 PM
Does anyone think there is a desire by the folk in charge of football, to have teams like Chavs, City, ManU at the top because they are massive commercial teams,and a massive draw. We are a big team (well, sort of) but not with the massive backing of the others. Sometimes I wonder if there is a small conspiring amongst the upper rooms of keeping these teams, and in turn their rich owners at the top end of the league, thus their money in the PL. did we get away with so much when we were destroying all in our path in the early 2000s? Or am I just being bitter?
Genuine question.

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 02:22 PM
what happened today was just a new level of disgusting cheating, i just can't believe nothing will come of this .....no repercussions for dean or costa? there is no point pretending to compete or play fair, no point whatsoever if this is allowed to stand.

Dude, this has been going on for decades. Rooney has been the main beneficiary of refs who, for whatever reason, practise clear bias in key matches. When was anything ever done about him, other than to fawn over him as the best English striker ever?

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Costa, Mourinho and that cunt Dean are stains on this game. What is the fucking point of watching these stains constantly rewarded for turning it into unwatchable shit?

Even the Daily Mail won't swallow this one.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3241084/Chelsea-2-0-Arsenal-Kurt-Zouma-Eden-Hazard-goals-settles-feisty-derby-Jose-Mourinho-s-visitors-end-clash-nine-men-following-Gabriel-Santi-Cazorla-red-cards.html

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Reminds me of that other Mike, Riley the cheating cunt

Poll as well, Utd's little helper.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-09-2015, 02:24 PM
Even the Daily Mail won't swallow this one.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3241084/Chelsea-2-0-Arsenal-Kurt-Zouma-Eden-Hazard-goals-settles-feisty-derby-Jose-Mourinho-s-visitors-end-clash-nine-men-following-Gabriel-Santi-Cazorla-red-cards.html

"The art of gamesmanship". :sarcy:

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 02:26 PM
"The art of gamesmanship". :sarcy:

Not allowed to say cheat in a society that brushes reality under the carpet. But the fact they aren't running a banner proclaiming "Dogged Chavs are Hot on Title Trail" is one of the worst condemnations I have ever seen them issue against the Maureen slime. Until tomorrow I suppose, when the tune will change.

Maestro
19-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Dude, this has been going on for decades. Rooney has been the main beneficiary of refs who, for whatever reason, practise clear bias in key matches. When was anything ever done about him, other than to fawn over him as the best English striker ever?

True and even van horseface before him, all i'm saying is we get in on the act and get dirty ourselves or we might as well pack it in and stop pretending

you have to admit though, this was on a new and seriously higher level today

selassie
19-09-2015, 02:29 PM
The officiating in the game was a disgrace, nothing more to say.

Munchies
19-09-2015, 02:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WRLrvKN5kE

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Coquelin has a "little" knee injury and will miss the next game? At least 3 months out then.

That's our season over. We have nobody to replace him. Unless that Polish kid can make some sort of miraculous step up.

Globalgunner
19-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Coquelin has a "little" knee injury and will miss the next game? At least 3 months out then.

That's our season over. We have nobody to replace him. Unless that Polish kid can make some sort of miraculous step up.
Who do we have on loan that can come to our rescue?

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 02:44 PM
True and even van horseface before him, all i'm saying is we get in on the act and get dirty ourselves or we might as well pack it in and stop pretending

you have to admit though, this was on a new and seriously higher level today

Dowd in the 4-4?

Riley when utd kicked us all over the pitch?

RVC sent off in the CL game?

It's lucky football is clean or the betting syndicates would have a field day.

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Who do we have on loan that can come to our rescue?

Sanogo. The one time you would hide from your rescuer.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-09-2015, 02:48 PM

I didn't watch the game as I was out but my understanding was that it was a fuck over on the scale of Old Trafford 2004

Master Splinter
19-09-2015, 02:53 PM
Football is not worth anyone's free time, never mind their money or foolish dedication.

Watch other sports and enjoy the skill and sportsmanship that's not been eroded through years of malpractice, contemptible greed and outright corruption.

Football is beyond repair and if Arsenal devolve into a reprehensible outfit which does anything and everything in order gain three measly, ephemeral points on a digital table ultimately ranking the richest and most powerful, then it will be disappointing, funny and understandable.

But football is not a thing worth discussing seriously anymore. All we can do is derive some joy from the less well-endowed clubs hopefully out-cheating the scum that resides at the top of the game.

We can discuss sport in the tennis/athletics/darts/bowls threads from now on. And talk about politics and Letters' royal fetish maybe.

alexander
19-09-2015, 02:58 PM
When it come to Arsenal, I am always honest, on wednesday we deserved to get beaten. But today, well it was an absolute joke. No way should we have lost that, and I dont think we would have done if the ref had not been a total arse-wipe. Games like that make m wonder why i even bother, because I know nothing will change. the FA wont reverse the red card, they wont do anything about Costa, and wont sort out a bias/shite ref. Next time it will be someone else that is cheated out of a victory. Its times like these that someone needs punishing in a big way to show others that this sort of crap is not acceptable in the modern game.

adzzzbatch
19-09-2015, 02:59 PM
I bet Wenger will get a fine or a touchline ban for his comments about costa.

alexander
19-09-2015, 03:02 PM
I bet Wenger will get a fine or a touchline ban for his comments about costa.

of course he will. He will also be warned about his future conduct, that is something they ave warned Mour about a good 10 times! the FA are so weak. They want managers feelings after the game, but only want them to stick to a certain script, go off that an say anything about the players, ref, manager of another team and you get hauled up. Its utter BS.

Munchies
19-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Garth Crooks :bow:

Vid - https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/645238744430178304

Saying it how it is

alexander
19-09-2015, 03:09 PM
Garth Crooks :bow:

Vid - https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/645238744430178304

Saying it how it is

someone has too :faint:

Alan McInally sain on Sky he wanted to pull Costas ears off :respect:

Globalgunner
19-09-2015, 03:11 PM
First time i find myself agreeing with a Spud

Now i feel kinda funny

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 03:18 PM
First time i find myself agreeing with a Spud

Now i feel kinda funny

It's anyone who has the interests of football and sport at heart against the Mourinhos and the Deans and Costas who are a cancer on sport.

LDG
19-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Time to do something better with our free time dudes.

GP
19-09-2015, 03:44 PM

It's sad, isn't it? It's something we've spent our whole lives following. People. places, jobs, all come and go, but The Arsenal has always been there. But when you come to the realisation that this isn't really sport any more, that the cards are stacked against us... I just don't know any more. There's always been a nagging doubt at the back of my mind. It's like wrestling now. Sure, it's entertaining, but it's not really a competition.

GP
19-09-2015, 03:46 PM
By the way, Mike Dean, ladies and gents...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SPb8CYF4o4

Özim
19-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Predictable result, even if we'd had 15 men we'd have still lost, maybe we were unlucky with the sending off today, let's face it Wenger has ridden his luck for years and eventually it catches up with you, his neglect of the team and failure to address problems is finally catching up with him. If we were a top team we'd have probably managed to hold out for a 0-0 or even nick it 1-0 just as we use to do when we were a great team.

Anyway no real surprise we lost, who expected us to win this game anyway, have no sympathy for Wenger, he's brought it on himself IMO.

Chelsea have had an awful start to the season and are now just a few points behind, great start to the season for us then!

Feel bad for Gabriel, but not for Wenger, decisions or not we'd have lost this match, just as we do every single season, not giving Wenger anymore excuses or leeway now, we hadn't manage to score before the sending off 45 minutes in anyhow.

Maestro
19-09-2015, 04:17 PM

yep sad but true, whether that's down to the cheating refs, players or wenger, Ty and Comical Ali ....it's all just not worth it anymore

...at least it won't be hard to get laughs from GW, i'll be coming on here for some football comedy but the real thing is dead to me now

Power n Glory
19-09-2015, 04:26 PM
I fucking hate football sometimes. This is just blatant cheating. What a pussified, jelly-back, cowardly display.

I'd have been happy to see Costa's legs snapped in two this afternoon. Someone should have done him over. It's a cowardly display all round and I'm pissed off.

1 - Costa is a cheating coward. Gesturing for bookings, rolling around like he's been shot, provoking players, elbows, scratching like a bitch. He should have been sent off.

2 - We have some cowards on our team. Gabriel was the only one with a backbone. Coq tried to intervene but the rest turned their jellybacks and didn't say a word. Kosienly is softer than Andrex toilet paper. Costa used him to wipe his ass. What a chump! Why wasn't he backing Gabriel up or at least stepping in to defuse the situation. Same goes for the lot of them. I only recall Coquelin getting involved. Only when Gabriel wanted to knock Costa out we had players stepping in to restrain Gabriel. Bunch of pussies. These guys have no backbone.

3 - If the FA don't do anything about Costa....fuck it...we all know they won't because they're cowards. They should be doing something about Mike Dean's performance because that was suspect. No need for sending offs except for that dirty shit, Diego Costa. What a clown. We didn't deserve to lose that game. Not in that manner anyway. They see Gabriel's small kick but didn't see anything of what Costa did? Isn't gesturing for players to be carded a bookable offence. Ridiculous.

alexander
19-09-2015, 04:31 PM
I fucking hate football sometimes. This is just blatant cheating. What a pussified, jelly-back, cowardly display.

I'd have been happy to see Costa's legs snapped in two this afternoon. Someone should have done him over. It's a cowardly display all round and I'm pissed off.

1 - Costa is a cheating coward. Gesturing for bookings, rolling around like he's been shot, provoking players, elbows, scratching like a bitch. He should have been sent off.

2 - We have some cowards on our team. Gabriel was the only one with a backbone. Coq tried to intervene but the rest turned their jellybacks and didn't say a word. Kosienly is softer than Andrex toilet paper. Costa used him to wipe his ass. What a chump! Why wasn't he backing Gabriel up or at least stepping in to defuse the situation. Same goes for the lot of them. I only recall Coquelin getting involved. Only when Gabriel wanted to knock Costa out we had players stepping in to restrain Gabriel. Bunch of pussies. These guys have no backbone.

3 - If the FA don't do anything about Costa....fuck it...we all know they won't because they're cowards. They should be doing something about Mike Dean's performance because that was suspect. No need for sending offs except for that dirty shit, Diego Costa. What a clown. We didn't deserve to lose that game. Not in that manner anyway. They see Gabriel's small kick but didn't see anything of what Costa did? Isn't gesturing for players to be carded a bookable offence. Ridiculous.

General feeling I get from social media, ex pros and pundits etc, is that Costa was cheating, and in the wrong. That is something, I dont think its going to be so much of a "sour grapes from arsenal fans" stuff. I really hope someone properly owns costa at some point. the massive twat.

Kano
19-09-2015, 04:33 PM
This is what I was talking about a few weeks back PnG. We need more cynical, horrible shits to gain real leverage in this league. We used that have that in abundance. Although, there is only so much you can do to combat incompetent refeering.

Özim
19-09-2015, 04:36 PM
Costa's a cheat, what's new, he was just the same in Spain, you know what you're getting with him, if you react you're playing into his hands. Sure he should have been sent off, wouldn't have made an iota of difference though we'd have still lost, because that's what we always do when we play Chelsea is a meaningful match.

Costa's been getting away with stuff like this for years, it's not going to change, if as a team you don't know that then your clearly not doing your homework.

Munchies
19-09-2015, 04:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPR6NdlWUAAUWAv.jpg

Just saw this now.

Fucking prick.

Long gone are the days we had Lauren, Cole, Keown, Vieira taking no shit from anyone

Only Gabriel went to that prick

FFS Arsenal

dostoy
19-09-2015, 04:43 PM

I could not agree more.

I can watch just about every single Arsenal match live if I want to but I don't because I have no faith at all and have'nt done for years now.

I fully expected a loss today but I have seen a few minutes of the highlights if you can call them that.

Costa does anything he likes but Gabriel gets sent off, Cazorla gets harshly sent off, and they get a wicked deflection for their second goal.

It seems as though we cannot blame Wenger for this match.

However, we have 193 million in the bank and yet Arteta and Flamini are still in our squad.

We must fight like hell now to get 4th place because that is the best we can hope for this season.

Years more of this kind of thing to come.

I am completely disillusioned with football in general, especially Arsenal.

Globalgunner
19-09-2015, 04:45 PM
The sendings off only and general twat display from the ref serves to mask what was essentially another piss poor performance from us. Before Gabriel was sent off we hadnt laid a finger on them, though Chelsea were just as crap. The most likely outcome without the refs intervention was a nil-nil draw, or a Hazard dive giving them a penalty. We are not a good team, the performance at home against Pool should have shown us that even before the CL debacle.

Power n Glory
19-09-2015, 04:45 PM
This is what I was talking about a few weeks back PnG. We need more cynical, horrible shits to gain real leverage in this league. We used that have that in abundance. Although, there is only so much you can do to combat incompetent refeering.

You're right in some sense. I wanted someone to snap Costa in two after that sending off. Nobody did a damn thing.

But that's just my desire to see vengeance. Gabriel is our cynical guy and he got sent off today. So you're right about only being able to do so much against that. The refs have to do their jobs but it winds me up how these placid players just accept what's dished out to them. They don't even need to be cynical. Just grow some balls and fight for your fellow players. Have a word with the ref. Grab Gabriel, take him to the side to cool him down if we've been told to keep it professional. But these guys don't say a word to each other. Santi hobbled his dumpy self to speak with the ref for a few seconds and then strolled off again. And what the fuck was Kos doing after he's the one that was man handled?

Pisses me off.

Power n Glory
19-09-2015, 04:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPR6NdlWUAAUWAv.jpg

Just saw this now.

Fucking prick.

Long gone are the days we had Lauren, Cole, Keown, Vieira taking no shit from anyone

Only Gabriel went to that prick

FFS Arsenal

What a bunch of weaklings we have in our squad! No backbone.

Power n Glory
19-09-2015, 04:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9nRWwfJZuw

Someone needs to take these three aside and tell them to stop this shit. Not right in front of mocking Chelsea fans FFS!

Kano
19-09-2015, 05:15 PM
You're right in some sense. I wanted someone to snap Costa in two after that sending off. Nobody did a damn thing.

But that's just my desire to see vengeance. Gabriel is our cynical guy and he got sent off today. So you're right about only being able to do so much against that. The refs have to do their jobs but it winds me up how these placid players just accept what's dished out to them. They don't even need to be cynical. Just grow some balls and fight for your fellow players. Have a word with the ref. Grab Gabriel, take him to the side to cool him down if we've been told to keep it professional. But these guys don't say a word to each other. Santi hobbled his dumpy self to speak with the ref for a few seconds and then strolled off again. And what the fuck was Kos doing after he's the one that was man handled?

Pisses me off.

Gabriel was stupid to do that in front of the ref, especially a dick that Dean. Just bide his time and get his sneaky revenge later. Any of our old defenders would've done the same, or midfielders. At half time can you imagine Keown, Vieira, Lehmann just walking off quietly? They would've been right in that pricks face. Get him to react and sent off. Our old teams used to stand up for each other, not look at the floor when it's kicking off. Fire themselves up at half time by winding up Costa, jostling a few players, don't just trudge off. We have a very likeable bunch of guys, but who wants that? You can pinpoint several wankers in other teams based on how they conduct themselves on the pitch. We used to be hated. Not just because of our success but because we were niggly little bastards too. It is so much a part and parcel of being successful. The little, snide things that fire you up, gain little advantages and get under the skin of the opposition and fans. It happens in any sport you can think of. As soon as that side of our game left he squad with the last of the Invincibles, we stopped winning. There are short memories about how rough and ready we could be back in the day.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-09-2015, 05:15 PM
They're celebs now.

Marc Overmars
19-09-2015, 05:16 PM
No point expecting any leadership or discipline when Cazorla is your captain. Hardly the kind of bloke you stop and listen to, unless you're exchanging pleasantries.

Munchies
19-09-2015, 05:18 PM
[video=youtube;M9nRWwfJZuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9nRWwfJZuw[ /video]

Someone needs to take these three aside and tell them to stop this shit. Not right in front of mocking Chelsea fans FFS!

More views = more money

Munchies
19-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Having said that, I don't think AFTV even pay them for their interviews lol

Kano
19-09-2015, 05:23 PM
The fact that Cazorla was captain today says it all about the personalities in our team. Who else is there if Merts is out? Coq doesn't need that put on his shoulders yet with all the work he has to do. Cech has only been here five minutes. Ramsey, Alexis, Bellerin Ozil, Kos, Theo? No way. Maybe Monreal?

Power n Glory
19-09-2015, 05:54 PM
Gabriel was stupid to do that in front of the ref, especially a dick that Dean. Just bide his time and get his sneaky revenge later. Any of our old defenders would've done the same, or midfielders. At half time can you imagine Keown, Vieira, Lehmann just walking off quietly? They would've been right in that pricks face. Get him to react and sent off. Our old teams used to stand up for each other, not look at the floor when it's kicking off. Fire themselves up at half time by winding up Costa, jostling a few players, don't just trudge off. We have a very likeable bunch of guys, but who wants that? You can pinpoint several wankers in other teams based on how they conduct themselves on the pitch. We used to be hated. Not just because of our success but because we were niggly little bastards too. It is so much a part and parcel of being successful. The little, snide things that fire you up, gain little advantages and get under the skin of the opposition and fans. It happens in any sport you can think of. As soon as that side of our game left he squad with the last of the Invincibles, we stopped winning. There are short memories about how rough and ready we could be back in the day.

I wouldn't say short memories about that squad. Although agree about the complete wimps we have in our squad, I think a better ref would have handled that game in a different way. It's not just the lack of dirty bustard, it's the overall lack of leadership. Something that's been said a lot before. Besides not standing up for ourselves, somebody needed to slap Cazorla, Ramsey and Ozil. They had really poor games. But I get what your saying and it is one of many problems we have at this club.

Kano
19-09-2015, 06:27 PM
It's just the right personalities isn't it? You usually get good leaders who are happy to use underhand tactics alongside their vocal and physical attributes. Something else Wenger used to be good at identifying. But as you say, one of many problems in this squad.

Munchies
19-09-2015, 06:46 PM

:gp:

Looking at how much the team dynamics have changed over the last decade is pretty sad if I'm honest. :(

Globalgunner
19-09-2015, 06:58 PM
Wenger doesnt want characters. I have said it several times. The first player he got rid of was Wrighty. Why, i guess because he was mouthy and independent minded.
Slowly he has weaned the team of these fiery combative types. Leaving us with petulant easily cowed types like Fabregas who ironically is becoming a scrote under Mourinho.

It is no coincidence that we have failed to challenge for big trophies since

Letters
19-09-2015, 07:36 PM

And therein lies the problem, or a problem.

I'm an idealist. I like to think the best of people. And maybe that's naive but I still like to think it.
I like to think that referees aren't corrupt. If they are then what's the point?
But in the first of our two Cup Finals of late when we got back to 2-2 we were denied about 4 penalties, 2 maybe 3 of which were stonewall. We got there in the end but it did seem like the ref was doing all he could to stop us.

I didn't see today's game as I was on the plane home but from what I've heard we were holding our own and then got completely fucked over by the ref. And while we're all Arsenal fans and thus hardly neutral, I saw Garth Crooks say pretty much the same.

So...yeah, we can replace Wenger and that may fix some repeated mistakes (although the new guy will have flaws too) but while the billionaires are spunking left, right and centre and refs are doing this sort of thing I don't care who the manager is, winning the league will be next to impossible.

Football :rose:
I miss the days when it was a sport.

Xhaka Can’t
19-09-2015, 07:51 PM
It's sad, isn't it? It's something we've spent our whole lives following. People. places, jobs, all come and go, but The Arsenal has always been there. But when you come to the realisation that this isn't really sport any more, that the cards are stacked against us... I just don't know any more. There's always been a nagging doubt at the back of my mind. It's like wrestling now. Sure, it's entertaining, but it's not really a competition.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts. About an hour ago I called my mate up to talk about that refereeing performance. He had the match recorded but heard the score and thought it was just another Arsenal capitulation, which was surprising given he is quite the Wengerite.

He was pretty surprised to hear my take on things because no matter how much I'll always appreciate what Wenger has done in the past, I am to put it mildly, not a Wengerite today.

I put my mate straight about what happened today, but at the end of the call, instead of feeling better having got it off my chest, I feel fucking sick.

And over the next few days it will get worse. Because the fucking frauds that run the game are going to come after us again, no doubt for bringing the game into disrepute. Can you imagine that? The crooks that corrupt our game will have the gall to do that rather than deal with the real cancel infecting this sport.

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 08:22 PM
The fact that Cazorla was captain today says it all about the personalities in our team. Who else is there if Merts is out? Coq doesn't need that put on his shoulders yet with all the work he has to do. Cech has only been here five minutes. Ramsey, Alexis, Bellerin Ozil, Kos, Theo? No way. Maybe Monreal?

We could have got a certain nasty, vicious cunt who also happens to be an outstanding footballer for £28mill and £90kpw but he didn't have enough quality. Hasn't taken lomg for the penny pinching to bite us in the arse. Goals and balls is what we needed to buy in during the summer. But it was impossible.

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 08:26 PM
That pretty much sums up my thoughts. About an hour ago I called my mate up to talk about that refereeing performance. He had the match recorded but heard the score and thought it was just another Arsenal capitulation, which was surprising given he is quite the Wengerite.

He was pretty surprised to hear my take on things because no matter how much I'll always appreciate what Wenger has done in the past, I am to put it mildly, not a Wengerite today.

I put my mate straight about what happened today, but at the end of the call, instead of feeling better having got it off my chest, I feel fucking sick.

And over the next few days it will get worse. Because the fucking frauds that run the game are going to come after us again, no doubt for bringing the game into disrepute. Can you imagine that? The crooks that corrupt our game will have the gall to do that rather than deal with the real cancel infecting this sport.

That legendary investigative journalist Ashton has already started the ball rolling. The bad old Arsenal that lacks discipline is back - apparently. I'd love to meet this guy so I could show him what indiscipline really is.

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 08:30 PM
Maureen's vision of the beautiful game:

"If you want to speak about Diego Costa, he plays like he has to play and that is why you have full stadiums and you sell the game to television around the world for millions, because the game has to be played like that."

Specialist in cancer.

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 08:43 PM
Ah yes, Oliver Holt has figured it out. Mind games. That's what Maureen and Costa do, so everything else can be overlooked.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3241159/Diego-Costa-Jose-Mourinho-s-reflection-pitch-Chelsea-just-like-Roy-Keane-Alex-Ferguson-s-Manchester-United.html

How many more ways can they find to apologise for that despicable club?

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 08:54 PM
This was never more apparent than in the game’s central incident, that outbreak of all-Brazilian jogo feio just before half-time. Tangling under a high ball, Costa gouged and then swiped at Laurent Koscielny’s face. Pushed away by the Frenchman, Costa leapt up and chest-bumped him to the floor. So, three potential yellow cards right there, two of them for Costa. At which point Costa was pulled away by Gabriel. Bad move. Like a virus, he had a new host. And so he was off: chuntering, jostling, niggling, muttering in Gabriel’s ear and basically begging, pleading with him to kick him. Come on. Do it. Kick me.

And so Gabriel kicked him, or rather flicked a leg back at him – bingo Diego! – right in front of the referee. At which point Costa became instantly the guardian of the game, football’s last true gentleman, shocked – shocked! – to see such rough play, shaking his head sadly as Gabriel exited pursued by a steward.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/sep/19/chelsea-diego-costa-evidence-heist-arsenal

IBK
19-09-2015, 09:23 PM
The sendings off only and general twat display from the ref serves to mask what was essentially another piss poor performance from us. Before Gabriel was sent off we hadnt laid a finger on them, though Chelsea were just as crap. The most likely outcome without the refs intervention was a nil-nil draw, or a Hazard dive giving them a penalty. We are not a good team, the performance at home against Pool should have shown us that even before the CL debacle.

This. We were on the wrong side of a shit referee (although the Chavs were unhappy about the Hazard possible pen) but we were average to say the least before the first sending off - and this against a Chelsea team said before Wednesday at least to be in disarray. I am not surprised at all at dropping 3 points today - with this Arsenal team no one sane would have bet against us kick starting Chelsea's EPL season. Bemoaning refereeing decisions masks the fact that our season - and this team - looks like its going nowhere.

Kano
19-09-2015, 09:31 PM
We could have got a certain nasty, vicious cunt who also happens to be an outstanding footballer for £28mill and £90kpw but he didn't have enough quality. Hasn't taken lomg for the penny pinching to bite us in the arse. Goals and balls is what we needed to buy in during the summer. But it was impossible.
Vidal actually crashed off the road when he heard about that wage offer.

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Vidal actually crashed off the road when he heard about that wage offer.

Yeah, he was that pissed!

Özim
19-09-2015, 09:50 PM
At the end of the day, it was a big game and we lost our heads and got a man sent off, you can't control what the referee does but you can not give him a decision to make, Gabriel lost it and got sent off, yes Costa should have been sent off as well but he wasn't, nothing we can do about that.

We lost the game in the end and have lost Gabriel for 3 matches, considering our rubbish squad depth in defence and up front that's a problem. You can make all the excuses you like, but it's nothing new for us, we're always the ones crying wolf and getting beaten, that never use to be the case 10+ years ago, quite the opposite in fact.

Niall_Quinn
19-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Is that the wolf who drank the spilt milk?

Maestro
19-09-2015, 11:26 PM
And therein lies the problem, or a problem.

I'm an idealist. I like to think the best of people. And maybe that's naive but I still like to think it.
I like to think that referees aren't corrupt. If they are then what's the point?
But in the first of our two Cup Finals of late when we got back to 2-2 we were denied about 4 penalties, 2 maybe 3 of which were stonewall. We got there in the end but it did seem like the ref was doing all he could to stop us.

I didn't see today's game as I was on the plane home but from what I've heard we were holding our own and then got completely fucked over by the ref. And while we're all Arsenal fans and thus hardly neutral, I saw Garth Crooks say pretty much the same.

So...yeah, we can replace Wenger and that may fix some repeated mistakes (although the new guy will have flaws too) but while the billionaires are spunking left, right and centre and refs are doing this sort of thing I don't care who the manager is, winning the league will be next to impossible.

I miss the days when it was a sport.

what has today's events got to do with wenger staying, you seriously had to find a straw in there to somehow defend wenger. everyone near enough universally agreed that what happened was not was not wenget's fault but yeah let's stick a "wenger in" line in there. you come out with some utter bullshit letters, and too right people are starting to call you out on it

selassie
19-09-2015, 11:44 PM
This. We were on the wrong side of a shit referee (although the Chavs were unhappy about the Hazard possible pen) but we were average to say the least before the first sending off - and this against a Chelsea team said before Wednesday at least to be in disarray. I am not surprised at all at dropping 3 points today - with this Arsenal team no one sane would have bet against us kick starting Chelsea's EPL season. Bemoaning refereeing decisions masks the fact that our season - and this team - looks like its going nowhere.

Yeah agree with this, this season looks like it's going to be an exact replica of last season. We'll hover around 4th place until Xmas then get our skates on when the possibility of finishing out of the top 4 is at stakes.

Power n Glory
20-09-2015, 12:23 AM
We can't be certain we'd have lost that game without the sending offs. I won't speculate on the outcome if Dean had done his properly. But some of our players failed to turn up and the bullshit of Costa and the ref papers over it. I think I'd have smacked Ramsey clean in the face for not shooting when he had a clear chance on goal. That happened just before the Costa incident and could have flipped the tie on its head had he'd scored. He had a bad game and they were exploiting our left side all game.

Cazorla had another forgetful game. Some very poor passing decisions that cost us possession or just not aware at all and getting mugged off the ball. That's before the sending off. At least with a ban we can stick Ramsey back in there and maybe correct this one. He blows too hot and cold in that position and we need someone more consistent. Not good enough.

Ozil. Another non performance in a big game. Impose yourself for goodness sakes, man!

How many times did we attempt to pass it out from the back when under real pressure? I saw dumb decisions. At 10 men I remember we were still playing pretty in our half when under pressure and then saw stupidity with someone trying to play it long into Theo when there was no need to and no pressure on us which turned over possession again.....it was a frustrating game.

Let's hope Coquelin is not injured because he's the only one that looked to be really up for this game. We conceded a stupid goal on a set piece and the players should have been prepared for that. The marking was non existent. Bah. Not happy with the players at all. They need to grow a pair.

Letters
20-09-2015, 07:16 AM
Football is not worth anyone's free time, never mind their money or foolish dedication.

Watch other sports and enjoy the skill and sportsmanship that's not been eroded through years of malpractice, contemptible greed and outright corruption.

Football is beyond repair and if Arsenal devolve into a reprehensible outfit which does anything and everything in order gain three measly, ephemeral points on a digital table ultimately ranking the richest and most powerful, then it will be disappointing, funny and understandable.

But football is not a thing worth discussing seriously anymore. All we can do is derive some joy from the less well-endowed clubs hopefully out-cheating the scum that resides at the top of the game.

We can discuss sport in the tennis/athletics/darts/bowls threads from now on. And talk about politics and Letters' royal fetish maybe.

And Gawd bless 'em! :bow:

alexander
20-09-2015, 07:32 AM
Just seen it all on MOTD.

What an utter joke. If this is what football has become, then Im out. Not that I really give much to Arsenal these days, used to go 10 times a season at least, but prices got higher and higher, and it ended up costing me at least £100 per game with trains/tickets/food etc. I used to enjoy it, but it just is not the same these days. When you lose like yesterday, with `gamesmanship` or cheating as I call it, whats the point?

Letters
20-09-2015, 07:45 AM
Wenger doesnt want characters. I have said it several times. The first player he got rid of was Wrighty. Why, i guess because he was mouthy and independent minded.
Or 'cos he was 35 by then? :shrug:

Was Vieira not a character?

EDIT: Kinda agree with the general point about 'characters' in the team though.

Letters
20-09-2015, 07:55 AM
everyone near enough universally agreed that what happened was not was not wenget's fault
So...what do you think I'm 'defending' him against?! :lol:

I was neither defending him or criticizing him. I'm just sick of football generally. It's not a sport any more. I like to think there isn't any corruption in the sport but when there's so much money around you kinda think there probably is and then when things like yesterday happen...what's the point?

Zim's said we'd have lost anyway. Well, maybe. But the point is we'll never know. From what I've heard we were holding our own until we had a player sent off. If we'd lost with it 11 on 11 then fine, I can accept that. But when the cheating is so blatant then what's the point in it all? Had we beaten Chelsea they would almost have been out of the title race already - it seems so contrived that with us looking like we could get a result (by which I mean at least a point) there's suddenly a refereeing 'mistake' which makes a defeat almost inevitable. It keeps the narrative going that Chelsea are resurgent, Mourinho is a genius :blah:

Balls to it all, the only thing to do if you're going to follow football at all is go back to grass roots. The football might be a bit rubbish in local teams but at least it's real, at least it's still a sport where the best, not the richest, team wins.

Letters
20-09-2015, 07:57 AM
Oh, while I'm here, why are referees not accountable for anything?
Pretty much everyone else in the game is but refs can be as 'incompetent' as they like with impunity.

Power n Glory
20-09-2015, 08:11 AM
Mike Dean has until Monday to get his story straight and submit his report to the FA. That's bullshit. He should submit his report straight after the game. What sort of rule is that? He can submit a report on Monday? Why? If refs can't use video evidence during the game he shouldn't be able to have such a long delay to rematch the footage and try to get his story straight.

Injury Time
20-09-2015, 08:20 AM

Marc Overmars
20-09-2015, 10:04 AM
Some nice trolling from Mourinho as usual. Claiming Diego Costa was man of the match and that he's rarely played against without hearing us "moaning and crying" after the result.

Silly cunt.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-09-2015, 10:21 AM

I heard Jerome Boateng saying he keeps everybody on their toes in training at Bayern......he probably doesn't see a difference between training and an actual game. Missed opportunity.

Anyway all the nasty cynical players in the world doesn't make a damn difference if they are all stupid. What did Gabriel think he was doing? He got out witted by Costa which should never happen, especially as Costa as always was the one who caused all the commotion. You're trusting a dipstick referee to be reasonable after he had failed to send off Costa in the first place!? Really?

Somebody at the club should tell Gabriel in whatever language he needs to hear it in that he needs to keep his fuhking counsel...referees are often daft and that Costa is a loose cannon but a smart one which is why he has only been sent off half the times in his career he should have been.

3 red cards in 2 games and fairly important ones too is pure foolishness.

Mike Dean should be demoted, that goes without saying. AT the least.

RomfordPele
20-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Is anyone else still fucking furious this morning?!

I'd just add that while the focus is on mike dean here, we have GOT to learn to influence refs more. Why didn't koscielny go down clutching his face after the first incident? Why didn't we swarm dean like angry wasps immediately after this like every other team does? Why was Gabriel the only player getting in costa's face after the incident? And why wasn't there a massive brawl after the red card was produced?

That was a moment to defend your mate and really get into Chelsea, like the old guard would have. The fact that we just limply accepted it says everything about the spirit in that team. I actually think that's what winds me up more than anything.

Munchies
20-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Just seen it all on MOTD.

What an utter joke. If this is what football has become, then Im out. Not that I really give much to Arsenal these days, used to go 10 times a season at least, but prices got higher and higher, and it ended up costing me at least £100 per game with trains/tickets/food etc. I used to enjoy it, but it just is not the same these days. When you lose like yesterday, with `gamesmanship` or cheating as I call it, whats the point?

Agreed, it's gotten to the point where I'd rather not go and watch it at home or not watch it at all. I've worked with a season ticket holder for a while, and I can get tickets for most games nowadays if I ask, but it's just a waste of money and effort.

I'll probably only go to 2-3 games this season

Özim
20-09-2015, 11:38 AM
Chelsea were well on top when the sending off came and looked the more likely to win the game, we've seen it before many times and our record is dreadful which suggests we would have lost as we always do, in 45 minutes we barely looked capable of winning despite resting half the team.

For me it deflects away from the fact we've once again lost another game against Chelsea and failed to win after the midweek disaster, it's been a poor start to the season, we're not good enough. Yes Costa should have had a red card, but bearing in mind he didn't we paid the price for been stupid rather than using that anger to win the game. Players of old would have loved to play against him and would have got their own back without going down to 10 (he's know for playig like this so you have to be pretty stupid to fall for it now) and without losing at least, once again we couldn't do it.

What's clear again this season (and was before the season started) is that we'll be nowhere when the big prizes are handed out and there's only one man at fault for this, the manager, you can't hide behind excuses after what we'ce seen this season.

Niall_Quinn
20-09-2015, 11:59 AM
I think people are getting a bit too wound up over a routine event. The chavs cheating their way to a result? Big wow. That's what they do. Mike Dean being a shit ref? Wow, it's Mike Dean, what do you expect. I won't be giving up watching the game because a chav's a chav and a Dean's a Dean. I'll give up if I ever end up being part of a "sport" that has no real fans left in it because they have all pissed off. That'll be the day to call it a day. The real fans need to stick around, not be forced out by plastics or scumbags like Costa or whores for hire like Ashton or incompetent tinpot dictators like Dean. I'm sticking around for the return game.

Yes - the ref will be incompetent for that one too. Yes we'll pick up twice the number of bookings as the saintly chavs. Yes Costa will cheat. Yes Maureen will try to make himself the centre of attention in a vanity contest with Dean (or whatever other coward is rolled out who is paid to be a professional but shirks the duty). Because the real sport then becomes the possibility of smashing the ball in their net regardless. And why should I even care if a bunch of overpaid, over-hyped kids who don't know who I am and don't care prevail against the odds? Because that lesson and that possibility translates to everyday life where we have the same cowards and scumbags directly affecting our lives and the playing field is just as tipped. That's the challenge. I don't want the club to become Maureen either, just as I don't want to become the scumbag to achieve. The challenge is the same as it has always been, call it good versus evil if you want, I call it honest endeavour and struggle against those who don't have the balls to play it straight down the line and have to find nefarious ways to simulate being a man.

I think it's a bit much the stick Gabriel is getting. So he got conned by a cheat, it happens. Provided it doesn't happen next time then let this be a valuable lesson at a non-crucial stage of the season. Better it happened now than in a cup final or in a game that decides a title. Gabriel was led into making a mistake. He couldn't control his passion but at lest he has passion. Let's remember these so-called journalists need to find ways to apologise for the filth they wash themselves in. So they'll distract and misdirect and show you the left hand while the right hand is palming their 30 pieces of silver. They don't want to talk about the referee's lack of professionalism, they don't want to say that word "cheat", they want to tell you to look at player X as an example to kids whilst at the same time proclaiming Costa's win at all costs attitude is worthy. Well Ben Johnson won at all costs, so did Lance Armstrong. So did that Gatlin bloke they were all queuing up to abuse. That's the camp their Maureen and Costa play in and these so-called journos don't have the balls to admit it because they need their little fantasy world to persist so they can carry on scuttling around for the crumbs falling off the table. Don't listen to those cunts, don't let them hiss their fucked up vision of sport in your ear.

If there are any winners in our team then they surely have enough incentive now to make that return game a banker, despite the odds. And if we don't have any winners in the team then we will have to live with that fact too.

Btw, let's not forget about those useless linesmen yesterday - every bit as bad as the ref and in some ways worse as they have left Dean to take all the credit. It was the linesman who "missed" everything Costa did in the box, it was the linesman who missed his copycat foul later in the game, it was the linesmen who selectively raised their flags for offside. They should stand up and take the credit that's due.

Niall_Quinn
20-09-2015, 11:59 AM
Chelsea were well on top when the sending off came

Simply wrong.

GP
20-09-2015, 12:02 PM
It is wrong. No one was on top. The game had 0-0 written all over it.

Maestro
20-09-2015, 12:07 PM
So...what do you think I'm 'defending' him against?! :lol:

I was neither defending him or criticizing him. I'm just sick of football generally. It's not a sport any more. I like to think there isn't any corruption in the sport but when there's so much money around you kinda think there probably is and then when things like yesterday happen...what's the point?

Zim's said we'd have lost anyway. Well, maybe. But the point is we'll never know. From what I've heard we were holding our own until we had a player sent off. If we'd lost with it 11 on 11 then fine, I can accept that. But when the cheating is so blatant then what's the point in it all? Had we beaten Chelsea they would almost have been out of the title race already - it seems so contrived that with us looking like we could get a result (by which I mean at least a point) there's suddenly a refereeing 'mistake' which makes a defeat almost inevitable. It keeps the narrative going that Chelsea are resurgent, Mourinho is a genius :blah:

Balls to it all, the only thing to do if you're going to follow football at all is go back to grass roots. The football might be a bit rubbish in local teams but at least it's real, at least it's still a sport where the best, not the richest, team wins.

agree with your points above, except we had started to clearly hand the initiative to chelsea before that incident. we did not take advantage and punish them when we got our chances and managed to breach their defence, which is a shame but it's a fact that incident put paid to any competitive match taking place. i'm cynical and firmly believe there is massive corruption in football, with officials bought and paid for in some games ....it's just almost impossible to prove it with concrete evidence.

what i'm saying is we surely can't use yesterdays events to somehow exonerate wenget's failings over the last few years. if anything knowing the dice is loaded, we really ought to look for a manager who will maximise all resources and influence at his disposal to get results.

but as everyone, ....well almost everyone has said .....fuck it all. I'm going off the football too, gonna enjoy the rugby world cup and start watching the Manor Park Boozers on sundays.

Ernesto
20-09-2015, 12:24 PM
Chelsea were well on top when the sending off came and looked the more likely to win the game, we've seen it before many times and our record is dreadful which suggests we would have lost as we always do, in 45 minutes we barely looked capable of winning despite resting half the team.

For me it deflects away from the fact we've once again lost another game against Chelsea and failed to win after the midweek disaster, it's been a poor start to the season, we're not good enough. Yes Costa should have had a red card, but bearing in mind he didn't we paid the price for been stupid rather than using that anger to win the game. Players of old would have loved to play against him and would have got their own back without going down to 10 (he's know for playig like this so you have to be pretty stupid to fall for it now) and without losing at least, once again we couldn't do it.

What's clear again this season (and was before the season started) is that we'll be nowhere when the big prizes are handed out and there's only one man at fault for this, the manager, you can't hide behind excuses after what we'ce seen this season.

I hate Costa, but I hate the fact that we're so predictable now.

Leicester away after thé North London derby. They might teach us a thing or two about how to play good football.

Marc Overmars
20-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Must admit I'm surprised at the reaction of the footballing public, at first I thought we were going to be slaughtered but it seems like most people have acknowledged how much of a cunt Diego Costa is. I guess this kind of gamesmanship will always be frowned upon in this country, even my Chav mate said he'd probably despise him if he played for another club.

mastermind84
20-09-2015, 12:34 PM
The media are mad over Costa so there is a good chance he may get a three match ban himself.

I guess I will mention it again since it hasn't been acknowledged by anyone else, why wasn't Ivanovic attacked? Sanchez is just a thick footballer and it is frustrating to see him cutting into the middle of the pitch to run into 2 or 3 players when the entire premiership have been isolating their wingers against Ivanovic. Poor from Sanchez and from Wenger.

Niall_Quinn
20-09-2015, 12:41 PM
The media are mad over Costa so there is a good chance he may get a three match ban himself.

I guess I will mention it again since it hasn't been acknowledged by anyone else, why wasn't Ivanovic attacked? Sanchez is just a thick footballer and it is frustrating to see him cutting into the middle of the pitch to run into 2 or 3 players when the entire premiership have been isolating their wingers against Ivanovic. Poor from Sanchez and from Wenger.

Ivanovic was fouling Alexis every time, but the ref was doing fuck all about it. In the first few minutes Alexis skinned him a couple of times, so Ivanovic went to plan B and just hauled him down whenever they were one on one. Dean ignored it, effectively plugging one of the chav's primary weaknesses. Instead he focused on that naughty Santi who committed two fouls in the match and was sent off as a result. Terrible officiating that influenced the game on so many levels.

Marc Overmars
20-09-2015, 12:43 PM

I think the lack of goals are probably bogging him down, he's playing like he's got the blinkers on at the moment. Though having a said that he's always been very effective at cutting in, the problem is he hasn't been getting the rub of the green in the final third, when everything he hit this time last year was flying in.

Power n Glory
20-09-2015, 02:07 PM
I can't even fault the attacking players too much on that game. They were feeding off scraps. The passing was awful and we were guilty of giving the ball away cheaply. Our best bet was to hit them on a counter attack.

We had a man sent off at 0-0 so the game wasn't lost. But the defending on that set piece was atrocious. We should have defended that better regardless. I'm not sure why we went all gung-ho and tried attacking them instead of solid defending. We could have still got a draw from that game. Chelsea had jack shit coming forward.

Injury Time
20-09-2015, 02:43 PM
I can't even fault the attacking players too much on that game. They were feeding off scraps. The passing was awful and we were guilty of giving the ball away cheaply. Our best bet was to hit them on a counter attack.

We had a man sent off at 0-0 so the game wasn't lost. But the defending on that set piece was atrocious. We should have defended that better regardless. I'm not sure why we went all gung-ho and tried attacking them instead of solid defending. We could have still got a draw from that game. Chelsea had jack shit coming forward.

Is this ANOTHER new signing we missed out on...or is that bloke who appears on our shirt promos? :unsure:

Can't recall when I've been this disinterested...I'm sure that will be topped by going to Manure at home :sleep:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-09-2015, 03:39 PM
Must admit I'm surprised at the reaction of the footballing public, at first I thought we were going to be slaughtered but it seems like most people have acknowledged how much of a cunt Diego Costa is. I guess this kind of gamesmanship will always be frowned upon in this country, even my Chav mate said he'd probably despise him if he played for another club.

You've got to be all kinds of myopic not to admit that!

Ernesto
20-09-2015, 03:44 PM
As far as Mike Dean goes, didnt nigel pearson call him "one of thé most arrogant people" he'd ever met?

It takes one to know one. Refs should be held accountable for crappy, inconsistent décisions. Can't keep hiding behind thé FA.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-09-2015, 04:01 PM
In the mean time Wenger needs to control what he can control....and that includes getting his players to not fall for the antics of chumps like Costa.

As has been said many times already, Adams/Keown would have smiled graciously at Costa and the ref, his assistants/officials/linesman, his wife and kids, anybody they needed to and then 'done him' later in the game when every person in the stadium didn't have 100% attention on them.

If you must be cynical and get it out your system, that's the way to do it.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-09-2015, 04:36 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/30bmc6g.jpg

Heisenberg
20-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Yesterday was probably the angriest I've been with a refereeing decision for a long time. I try not to get too hung up on it because 1) mistakes get made and 2) I'm probably biased so it's not worth making a hue and cry over every call. Still, yesterday was just extreme because Costa's behaviour was so appalling. People say "Gabriel took the bait", but so did the referee and it's more significant that he fell for it. Watching it, even live, it was so obvious what Costa's antics were and it's incredible that the referee let him get away with it. A nasty character.

GP
20-09-2015, 04:38 PM
In the mean time Wenger needs to control what he can control....and that includes getting his players to not fall for the antics of chumps like Costa.

As has been said many times already, Adams/Keown would have smiled graciously at Costa and the ref, his assistants/officials/linesman, his wife and kids, anybody they needed to and then 'done him' later in the game when every person in the stadium didn't have 100% attention on them.

If you must be cynical and get it out your system, that's the way to do it.

No they wouldn't.

Letters
20-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Yesterday was probably the angriest I've been with a refereeing decision for a long time. I try not to get too hung up on it because 1) mistakes get made and 2) I'm probably biased so it's not worth making a hue and cry over every call. Still, yesterday was just extreme because Costa's behaviour was so appalling. People say "Gabriel took the bait", but so did the referee and it's more significant that he fell for it. Watching it, even live, it was so obvious what Costa's antics were and it's incredible that the referee let him get away with it. A nasty character.

"Mistakes" :lol:

Yeah, I used to think that. But it's just too blatant, too often. They're not mistakes, they can't be. No-one at that level could be that incompetent and keep their job.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-09-2015, 05:00 PM
No they wouldn't.

His exact course of action is up for debate and clearly impossible to prove either way, but I don't remember Keown getting sent off in a big game for a little foot flick after the ref had already booked him (and that is a key detail).

Rightly or wrongly he usually was clever enough to avoid leaving the field all together and that's the least we should be expecting from them. If they can't do that, somebody at the club needs to have words.

If Gabriel was determined to walk he should have just knocked the prick clean out and given us a happy memory like the one McN just posted above.

Marc Overmars
20-09-2015, 05:08 PM
I'm not going to blame Gabriel for having a bit of backbone but you need to be able to pick and choose your battles wisely, it wasn't the smartest move to carry on with Costa after the ref had identified the situation. That's where the lack of leadership comes into it, someone should have had a word with him.

Ollie the Optimist
20-09-2015, 07:19 PM
My only though with Gabriel is that i am disgusted by his reaction. If you are going to get a red card for violent conduct, at least have the good grace to knock the cunt out.

I would have loved to have seen Costa try his antics against a backline of Adams, Lauren and Keown. You'd need several body bags to clear him up after they'd finished with him.

AFC Leveller
20-09-2015, 07:52 PM
These 4 away games look like being our first mini blip of the season. I think wenger will field a weakened team in coc at SHL and possible lose and then a trip to Leciester awaits.

tough times.

GP
20-09-2015, 07:57 PM
My only though with Gabriel is that i am disgusted by his reaction. If you are going to get a red card for violent conduct, at least have the good grace to knock the cunt out.

I would have loved to have seen Costa try his antics against a backline of Adams, Lauren and Keown. You'd need several body bags to clear him up after they'd finished with him.

Of course, the biggest joke of all is a little flick of the boot is considered violent conduct at all.

Niall_Quinn
20-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Of course, the biggest joke of all is a little flick of the boot is considered violent conduct at all.

It could have killed his opponent, unlike that pleasant tackle on Shaw which certainly wasn't violent. Anyway, you don't have badges and certificates and well done stickers so you need to leave it to the experts.

rodders
20-09-2015, 08:59 PM
All of the above does not disguise the fact that this team under the present management is going nowhere, as has been the case for the last several years . Fourth may be good enough for Wenger but it is not good enough for most fans, who have endured serial humiliation under Wenger for a long long time.

Letters
20-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Serial humiliation? Really?

rodders
20-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Serial humiliation? Really?

Yes 8 0 man u 6 0 chelsea and more

Letters
20-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Yes 8 0 man u 6 0 chelsea and more

There have been a few but only a few. I think "serial humiliation for a long long time" is rather overstating it.

GP
20-09-2015, 09:57 PM
There have been a few but only a few. I think "serial humiliation for a long long time" is rather overstating it.

This is my frustration with this place. There's enough to be pissed off about with the need to make things up.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-09-2015, 05:55 AM
I think there was a case to be made for serial humiliation two seasons ago in the fact that playing away to the three teams that finished above us we conceded 17 goals.

And whether you call it humiliation or not our record away at Chelsea and United stinks

Then add to that the fact that we usually get our noses rubbed in shit playing away at Stoke, it's all depressingly familiar.

Letters
21-09-2015, 06:07 AM
Two seasons ago was very bad in that regard, I agree. But the original post was somewhat exaggerating the case.

And yes, our record away at Utd and Chelsea does smell and that is what makes what happened on Saturday so galling. By all accounts we were holding our own and we'll never know how the game would have ended, we may have only got a point but that wouldn't have been a disaster. But then the referee decided he wanted to be the star of the show (whether through incompetence or corruption, who knows?) and that pretty much settled what the result would be.

selassie
21-09-2015, 09:13 AM
I just hope the team has the balls to move on and string some good results together, we have a very tough schedule coming up and the last thing we need right now is some sort of collapse. Yes we were "hard done by" with some of the decisions in Saturday's game but we need to move on and focus on keeping in touch with the leaders.

This season is very open, probably more so than last season so it's important we find some consistency.

One thing that still worries me about this team is that our record against top half team (not just top 4) is pretty shocking, we absolutely need to put that right if we want to get anything out of this season.

Munchies
21-09-2015, 09:31 AM
Prevent Mike Dean from refereeing another Arsenal game

https://www.change.org/p/the-football-association-the-fa-prevent-mike-dean-from-refereeing-another-arsenal-game

Over 53k on the petition

Munchies
21-09-2015, 09:33 AM

Or let the play go on and do a leg breaker on the cunt to avoid getting done

LDG
21-09-2015, 09:37 AM

Yup. My sentiments exactly.

The thing is, you almost feel like a traitor or something for thinking it's time to give it a rest. But when you realise nobody at the club gives a fuck about you (only your money), it doesn't seem so bad.

You kind of want a blogger like Arseblog to say the same thing. Get it out there, that money has killed the club, the game and the family. But he's got too much vested interest in keeping the charade going himself....after all, what happens when nobody is interested anymore. Who is he gonna tell crap to? He's struggling to keep it going and sounding interesting even now.

I ducked out last year in a way. Sounds silly, but I've tried to keep some distance between me and Arsenal, and almost entirely from football and the bandwagon of mainstream media and social media which sucks it's rotten cock.

More important things out there.

Niall_Quinn
21-09-2015, 09:44 AM

https://www.change.org/p/the-football-association-the-fa-prevent-mike-dean-from-refereeing-another-arsenal-game

Over 53k on the petition

Let's move on now before this get's embarrassing. The chavs are going to be laughing their arses off at all this, you think they care about what's fair, who should have been sent off, what sort of cunt Costa is? They don't, they just care they won and now they have the bonus of Arsenal fans crying in public. Fuck Dean, if you ban him you just get some other incompetent arsehole. Stow this all away until the return game. If the players have any balls they'll take care of this on the pitch, otherwise what are we doing running around the place moaning in defence of a team with no balls? Flamini to play in the return game please.

Niall_Quinn
21-09-2015, 09:59 AM
Yup. My sentiments exactly.

The thing is, you almost feel like a traitor or something for thinking it's time to give it a rest. But when you realise nobody at the club gives a fuck about you (only your money), it doesn't seem so bad.

You kind of want a blogger like Arseblog to say the same thing. Get it out there, that money has killed the club, the game and the family. But he's got too much vested interest in keeping the charade going himself....after all, what happens when nobody is interested anymore. Who is he gonna tell crap to? He's struggling to keep it going and sounding interesting even now.

I ducked out last year in a way. Sounds silly, but I've tried to keep some distance between me and Arsenal, and almost entirely from football and the bandwagon of mainstream media and social media which sucks it's rotten cock.

More important things out there.

Too right. It's not Mike Dean driving people away from football. It's life. As a kid footie is everything. Then you get married, have kids, get a shitty job, collect debts, enjoy a few global recessions. How much energy do you have left to worry about kids kicking a ball around? All football is for most people as they get older is a nostalgia trip. Given that it's so bloody expensive these days it's just as good and a whole lot more economically sensible to watch re-runs of a time when we played a decent game. I'm turning up out of habit, don't know about the rest of you.

Do I really, really care if Ox plays wide and doesn't track back? Little secret - no, not really. Is footie a disconnected world that I peer into from time to time as a distraction? Hell yes. Done my time on the terraces enjoying the carefree existence. Don't have that time and certainly don't have the money for it now. A pirate stream on Saturday, 30 mins high if we win, a moan if we lose. That's it. And the only reason I get really, really pissed when the manager doesn't give it 100% is because there are so many people in the real world who are they same, including me. The reason football is shit now is because none of us are bothered enough to make the wider world a decent place. Footie is just a mirror of that.

I post here to avoid doing boring work that I don't want to do. It's more fun posting shit on here than doing the job I'm lumbered with. My fault not Mike Dean's.

Ralpheroo72
21-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Too right! My brother and I didn't even mention the game during our last Skype. We were too engrossed talking about our amazing children, and how fast they are growing up. My daughter gives me more joy than anything in this world. Arsenal don't give a fuck about us, they just want our cash. Sitting on a pot of cash, our deficiencies staring us in the face, but they'd rather sit on the cash and wait for more to count. Fuck that.

Too right. It's not Mike Dean driving people away from football. It's life. As a kid footie is everything. Then you get married, have kids, get a shitty job, collect debts, enjoy a few global recessions. How much energy do you have left to worry about kids kicking a ball around? All football is for most people as they get older is a nostalgia trip. Given that it's so bloody expensive these days it's just as good and a whole lot more economically sensible to watch re-runs of a time when we played a decent game. I'm turning up out of habit, don't know about the rest of you.

Do I really, really care if Ox plays wide and doesn't track back? Little secret - no, not really. Is footie a disconnected world that I peer into from time to time as a distraction? Hell yes. Done my time on the terraces enjoying the carefree existence. Don't have that time and certainly don't have the money for it now. A pirate stream on Saturday, 30 mins high if we win, a moan if we lose. That's it. And the only reason I get really, really pissed when the manager doesn't give it 100% is because there are so many people in the real world who are they same, including me. The reason football is shit now is because none of us are bothered enough to make the wider world a decent place. Footie is just a mirror of that.

I post here to avoid doing boring work that I don't want to do. It's more fun posting shit on here than doing the job I'm lumbered with. My fault not Mike Dean's.

Marc Overmars
21-09-2015, 11:00 AM
I don't really find myself as emotionally involved anymore, most of the time I'm not really arsed if I miss a game these days. Due to enhanced TV coverage Football is almost like an entertainment show and not a sport.

Power n Glory
21-09-2015, 11:10 AM
The straw that broke the camels back. Or so it seems. It’s not an age factor. People have just grown sick of this era. Well, Arsenal fans have at least. The club have treated the fans like shit and then when you get these sort of situations with crooked refs and organisations…. It’s hard to stomach.

Gooner23
21-09-2015, 11:14 AM
I am in the same camp really. I still get my football fix as heavily involved in my own amateur club. Very much grass routes, but brings so much more enjoyment and none of the cheating, corruption, hyperbole that makes the pro game no unappealing. Just a shame grass routes footy is in such a poor state with very little investment and crappy facilities. Whilst the premier league is sitting on huge piles of money.

Niall_Quinn
21-09-2015, 11:20 AM
Too right! My brother and I didn't even mention the game during our last Skype. We were too engrossed talking about our amazing children, and how fast they are growing up. My daughter gives me more joy than anything in this world. Arsenal don't give a fuck about us, they just want our cash. Sitting on a pot of cash, our deficiencies staring us in the face, but they'd rather sit on the cash and wait for more to count. Fuck that.

My boy has this indoor softball we kick around and I get a ton more fun from that than watching the football. Mind you, it's an official Arsenal softball :doh: Just can't help giving over the cash. He went down to the Emirates for one of those tours, got all the photos, souvenirs. He's got the kit, the scarf, the hats, the cup (coffee not FA), can't recall how much was spent but he's happy. The game's for him now, not me. Mind you, football better watch out because there's a lot more to distract kids these days. If the prices keep going up and the commercialism keeps swamping everything else out there's plenty more to keep kids occupied.

Niall_Quinn
21-09-2015, 11:25 AM
I am in the same camp really. I still get my football fix as heavily involved in my own amateur club. Very much grass routes, but brings so much more enjoyment and none of the cheating, corruption, hyperbole that makes the pro game no unappealing. Just a shame grass routes footy is in such a poor state with very little investment and crappy facilities. Whilst the premier league is sitting on huge piles of money.

Would love to do that, play again. Used to really enjoy the Sunday kickabouts with the lads. I'd drop dead if I ran for 5 minutes though. Guess if I ate more pies I could stuff myself between the goalposts and do a useful job maybe. I took the kid to a local Saturday morning football session to see if he wanted to play. He's not a bad little player and he loves it, but the other kids and particularly the parents were a joke. No fun in it, all deadly serious. I guess they thought they were raising the next Beckham and quids in. So we stopped doing that.

Bumble
21-09-2015, 11:32 AM
i don't like criticising referees as decisions sometimes in slow motion look obvious. But mike dean was a joke. everyone knows what costa is like. Gabriel was stupid to fall for it but costa shouldn't have been on the pitch at the time anyway.

Munchies
21-09-2015, 11:52 AM
All the fans who go week in and week out are being mugged off by the club.

Fans are being priced out, but what do they care? For every person giving up a season ticket, there'll be 100s more waiting to fill in

There's far too much money involved now.

Globalgunner
21-09-2015, 12:15 PM
Gabriel didnt fall for anything in my opinion. He was walking backwards and the turd parked himself right behind Gabriel. How do you walk backwards without raising your leg. Dean and his mates supposedly spotted Gabriel kick but missed completely the all out assault on Koscielny done twice in the penalty box.

Not much anyone can to in that situation except run away from the turd Costa. That wouldnt do either.

Injury Time
21-09-2015, 12:29 PM
All the fans who go week in and week out are being mugged off by the club.

Fans are being priced out, but what do they care? For every person giving up a season ticket, there'll be 100s more waiting to fill in

There's far too much money involved now.

Not sure there is much of a waiting list, and given they're holding more tickets back for Red members tourists, they (in the short term) don't give a fuck. As posted before they haven't worked out this lack of winning or being serious contenders for the title / chumps league is screwing them in terms of gaining young fans

Kano
21-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Gabriel didnt fall for anything in my opinion. He was walking backwards and the turd parked himself right behind Gabriel. How do you walk backwards without raising your leg. Dean and his mates supposedly spotted Gabriel kick but missed completely the all out assault on Koscielny done twice in the penalty box.

Not much anyone can to in that situation except run away from the turd Costa. That wouldnt do either.

no gab played it out naively. there was a shot later of him flicking his foot back to catch costa in the shin. what he should’ve done is wait until later and stuck one in on his liver, ribs, spine or the lower part of his achilles. sometimes the only way to deal with a cunt is by being one yourself.

Niall_Quinn
21-09-2015, 03:02 PM
no gab played it out naively. there was a shot later of him flicking his foot back to catch costa in the shin. what he should’ve done is wait until later and stuck one in on his liver, ribs, spine or the lower part of his achilles. sometimes the only way to deal with a cunt is by being one yourself.

Still, strange how Dean spotted that but missed absolutely everything else. Eagle eyes one minute, blind the next. Apparently Michael Oliver was the 4th official, I usually rate him as a decent ref but if he hasn't spotted anything bar the innocuous flick by Gabriel then he's had a stinker too. Or maybe Dean just ignored him. Maybe when Dean was listening to his earpiece it was Oliver asking, "What the fuck are you doing you blind, incompetent cunt?"

Anyway, the majority of the media is trying to get Costa banned now so that's good, for a change. They'll only be doing it so the story grows longer legs and they'll have more shit to spread. I suppose they are trying to provoke another Maureen "campaign" moment. Didn't hear much about the campaign from that cunt on Saturday.

Maestro
21-09-2015, 04:44 PM
the cunt has been charged, not that it matters much now as they've also further charged gabriel for misconduct ...warned santi and charged both clubs with failure to control players

ivanovic grins gleefully in the background and dean gets to live another day, utter wanks

Dein-machine
21-09-2015, 04:46 PM
yeh Costa cheated - would you believe it. When playing Chelsea you can work out that you can't give Fabs the space to be a quarter back, you have to get tight on Hazard & that Costa will try to cheat & get your players sent off.
Both Fabs & Hazard had their best games of the season & we get a player sent of coz of Costacunt.
Does that tell us anything? - What was Wenger working on all week, had he not spoken to Gabriel about Costa beforehand. The man management of this team is a joke & the inability of Wenger to adapt tactics to effect a game is beyond belief.
When you then add to that that we were playing with 1 recognised CB with Chambers as back up - Coq getting injured which was going to happen soon with Arteta as back up & Theo paying up front because Wengers finally reailsed that Giroud is shit.
What were we & all pundits saying during pre-season - We need a keeper, another CB, another DM & a striker to be able to compete & Saturday was the proof of that. I would argue that any manager in the P.L. could be getting the results we are with this squad but a few would be getting better results. Wenger is a bottom tier manager these days - we are too big for him.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-09-2015, 04:47 PM

Over 53k on the petition

Honestly???? What the fuck can't you petition for on that website.

RomfordPele
21-09-2015, 04:51 PM
the cunt has been charged, not that it matters much now as they've also further charged gabriel for misconduct ...warned santi and charged both clubs with failure to control players

ivanovic grins gleefully in the background and dean gets to live another day, utter wanks

Why on earth was santi warned? Does every player who gets two debatable yellows get warned by the fa these days? And what are the odds Gabriel ends up with a longer ban?

Usual bullshit from the FA.

Kano
21-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Still, strange how Dean spotted that but missed absolutely everything else. Eagle eyes one minute, blind the next. Apparently Michael Oliver was the 4th official, I usually rate him as a decent ref but if he hasn't spotted anything bar the innocuous flick by Gabriel then he's had a stinker too. Or maybe Dean just ignored him. Maybe when Dean was listening to his earpiece it was Oliver asking, "What the fuck are you doing you blind, incompetent cunt?"

Anyway, the majority of the media is trying to get Costa banned now so that's good, for a change. They'll only be doing it so the story grows longer legs and they'll have more shit to spread. I suppose they are trying to provoke another Maureen "campaign" moment. Didn't hear much about the campaign from that cunt on Saturday.

You can see in that angle as soon Gabriel does it, Dean walks right past him and immediately looks down. If Dean was looking at the ball in the earlier incident, then he may have missed the slapping in face stuff but couldn't have missed the chest bump or grapple after. Nor could the linesman on the nearside who would've been in line with play. So maybe that is what he got the yellow for. Which means it comes down to the face slap and whether Dean saw and ignored it or just didn't see it at all. His report today will reveal a lot.

You'd want to believe the latter rather than the former because there's already enough bullshit force fed down our throat making us sick of the modern game. But then you read stats like these...

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/09/mike-dean-2-0-arsenal-by-the-numbers/

... and it's hard to not come to one conclusion. So when you see the pattern emerge across other big teams against ourselves, then you have to look at the corruption idea more closely.

It's a complicated argument because the first opposing question to that theory is why would we be the ones out of the big teams not to be in on it? We're owned by two crooks after all. The teams outside the top four would also surely say that they get more decisions against them as a whole, that they suffer more bias against them, particularly away from home. Yet with so much money in the game how can corruption not be rife? People don't remain clean when they have the chance to glean even more than the filthy riches they have already stolen. History shows us that. There is always room for a couple extra zero's in their account. Obviously one of the best practices intertwined with deception is misdirection, which is probably keeping everyone off the scent for now.

And the media? Fuck most of them. A bunch of blood hungry scavengers ready to devour whoever is next on the list. Finding a good article to read about anything is a task in itself, one that isn't slanted toward an agenda or just bullshit click-bait. Costa is on the cards at the moment, so we may as well enjoy that short term benefit even if it doesn't lead to anything because in a week or two, the blood would've dried up and they'll be on the prowl for fresh meat.

Maestro
21-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Why on earth was santi warned? Does every player who gets two debatable yellows get warned by the fa these days? And what are the odds Gabriel ends up with a longer ban?

Usual bullshit from the FA.

certified bullshit and to be expected ....almost as if to say how dare arsenal protest. the manager and club should be going ape about this and firmly put dean and the fa on the spot, and make it clear they are no longer welcome at arsenal

Maestro
21-09-2015, 05:32 PM
You can see in that angle as soon Gabriel does it, Dean walks right past him and immediately looks down. If Dean was looking at the ball in the earlier incident, then he may have missed the slapping in face stuff but couldn't have missed the chest bump or grapple after. Nor could the linesman on the nearside who would've been in line with play. So maybe that is what he got the yellow for. Which means it comes down to the face slap and whether Dean saw and ignored it or just didn't see it at all. His report today will reveal a lot.

You'd want to believe the latter rather than the former because there's already enough bullshit force fed down our throat making us sick of the modern game. But then you read stats like these...

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/09/mike-dean-2-0-arsenal-by-the-numbers/

... and it's hard to not come to one conclusion. So when you see the pattern emerge across other big teams against ourselves, then you have to look at the corruption idea more closely.

It's a complicated argument because the first opposing question to that theory is why would we be the ones out of the big teams not to be in on it? We're owned by two crooks after all. The teams outside the top four would also surely say that they get more decisions against them as a whole, that they suffer more bias against them, particularly away from home. Yet with so much money in the game how can corruption not be rife? People don't remain clean when they have the chance to glean even more than the filthy riches they have already stolen. History shows us that. There is always room for a couple extra zero's in their account. Obviously one of the best practices intertwined with deception is misdirection, which is probably keeping everyone off the scent for now.

And the media? Fuck most of them. A bunch of blood hungry scavengers ready to devour whoever is next on the list. Finding a good article to read about anything is a task in itself, one that isn't slanted toward an agenda or just bullshit click-bait. Costa is on the cards at the moment, so we may as well enjoy that short term benefit even if it doesn't lead to anything because in a week or two, the blood would've dried up and they'll be on the prowl for fresh meat.

we're just prepared to pay the piper the required amount and won't play ball, furthermore we no longer have enough influence in the fa to affect anything. make no mistake the corruption is there and it's real ...dirty money has been changing hands in the game to influence results and blighty is no exception

Niall_Quinn
21-09-2015, 05:44 PM
This is a weird one:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34317823

Munchies
21-09-2015, 06:03 PM
This is a weird one:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34317823

:haha:

Munchies
21-09-2015, 06:10 PM
So the FA have charged us and Chelsea for 'failing to control our players'

We didn't surround the ref? :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3243388/Diego-Costa-faces-three-match-ban-Chelsea-striker-charged-Laurent-Koscielny-clash.html

Niall_Quinn
21-09-2015, 06:11 PM

Now we know why he was MOTM

Niall_Quinn
21-09-2015, 06:13 PM
This image is the best I have seen yet in revealing what scum Costa is. He should have had several red cards, never mind one.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/09/21/16/2C810EA600000578-3243388-image-a-29_1442848513490.jpg

Munchies
21-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Gabriel facing a 5 game ban :haha:

3 game ban

Additional 2 game ban if he's guilty of the FA's charge

selassie
21-09-2015, 06:33 PM
H
Gabriel facing a 5 game ban :haha:

3 game ban

Additional 2 game ban if he's guilty of the FA's charge

I bet he gets it as well, the FA definitely has it in for us. Why did they even mention the Cazorla red? He was warned over future conduct, he committed 2 fouls FFS, it's ridiculous.

Marc Overmars
21-09-2015, 06:44 PM
So potentially more games than a suspension for a leg breaking challenge? :lol:

Munchies
21-09-2015, 06:55 PM
would be more than JT received for being gulity of racism towards Anton Ferdinand

AFC Leveller
21-09-2015, 06:56 PM
This image is the best I have seen yet in revealing what scum Costa is. He should have had several red cards, never mind one.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/09/21/16/2C810EA600000578-3243388-image-a-29_1442848513490.jpg

Pure Chelsea scum. Ugly mofo as well.

Ollie the Optimist
21-09-2015, 07:06 PM
been reading today several articles saying that everyone knows how Costa will play and its players fault for reacting to his traps and that these days centre half are the weak ones being bullied off the ball. (one even accused Koscienly of going down easily when costa bodychecked hit to the ground). Its just poor journalism. Gabriel reacted after 3 red card offences by Costa. If the referees did their jobs correcetly, costa's game would be over and players wouldn't react.

Niall_Quinn
21-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Dean's off the hook now, isn't he? Because the ruling confirms he didn't see the incident (bullshit) an neither did the linesmen or 4th official (bullshit). So his joint yellow for the ensuing bust up between Gabriel and Cuntspawn is made to look correct and the red for Gabriel's flick is also made to look correct. This is hugely convenient.

Why aren't they also reviewing the kick out at Ox? Because if Dean didn't see it can't it also be reviewed? And if Gabriel got a straight red for doing the same thing then it must also be a red card offence, correct? And if they can't review it because Dean DID see it, then why isn't Dean being hauled up for gross incompetence or impartiality?

Anyway, now the FA has taken the easy option that protects their little weasel there's no way the Gabriel ban is being overturned, so we've lost him for 5 games.

Niall_Quinn
21-09-2015, 07:39 PM

The way he can make it look like he's being fouled while pulling a prison yard gouging move is incredible. He's the ultimate cheat and the ultimate scumbag. Finally Rooney has some competition.

Niall_Quinn
21-09-2015, 07:40 PM
This is way more dangerous than Suarez's bite. Somebody is going to lose an eye if this wanker isn't controlled.

Globalgunner
21-09-2015, 08:01 PM
I think the rule is that the FA can intervene IF the ref says he DID NOT see it. If the ref says he saw the incidents and acted on it, then the FA are powerless. In this case Dean would have to confess to being a complete ass If he saw all the incidents and acted accordingly. Costa is gonna get done, but the FA being the gits that they are will try to balance it by coming down as hard on Gabriel. Hell they might even punish Koscielny for putting his face into Costa`s claws

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Gabriel's had his ban withdrawn.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1387027/1241699338_drogba-pissed-its-a-disgrace.gif

Niall_Quinn
22-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Good news, and the right decision as well.

But it doesn't answer the question about Dean. His actions deprived us of two players on a day when it should have been the chavs down to 10 (if you ignore Ivanovich). So can we have our 3 points as well please? Or can we at least get a guarantee that something will be done about these shit refs?

Power n Glory
22-09-2015, 04:16 PM
Very true. All smiles when I heard the news but utterly pissed off by Mike Dean and his assistant. They need to be punished as well.

Kano
22-09-2015, 04:23 PM
They'll still get him on the 'conduct' charge. I game I reckon.

And a lot of good it does us now, after the match, after we've been done out of the chance of at least competing to win or draw.

Globalgunner
22-09-2015, 04:33 PM
They wouldnt have rescinded it if there was a flick
To all of you Gunners who said they saw a flick:p

I wonder how Mike Dean must feel now. Twat!

alexander
22-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Justice is done in a way. Im pleased the FA saw sense in this situation, so often they just bury their heads in the sand. OK, we probably lost the game because of it, but this is a little justice. Now ban Costa for 10 games, just for being a massive twatian.

Munchies
22-09-2015, 04:45 PM
About time

Phew

Kano
22-09-2015, 04:45 PM
Im not having my name slandered! Get me that prick Dyke on the phone

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/9/21/9362549/gabriel-diego-costa-kick-out-replays

Niall_Quinn
22-09-2015, 04:48 PM
They wouldnt have rescinded it if there was a flick
To all of you Gunners who said they saw a flick:p

I wonder how Mike Dean must feel now. Twat!

Have they ignored the "flick" because Cunta did the same thing later in the game and should have got his 3rd red card of the day, considering Gabriel had gone?

Basically this is official conformation Dean got absolutely everything wrong. Doesn't he need to be dropped to a lower league now, isn't that what's supposed to happen when a ref gets it this badly wrong?

Munchies
22-09-2015, 04:48 PM

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/9/21/9362549/gabriel-diego-costa-kick-out-replays

From that angle, he did NOTHING at all

Costa is a CUNT

Syn
22-09-2015, 04:55 PM
The very frustrating part is that if the referee wasn't blind, Costa would've been sent off and we would've played the game with 11 v 10. And despite our poor record at the ground I definitely would back us to get at least a point in that situation.

Power n Glory
22-09-2015, 05:02 PM
More importantly, has everyone fallen back in love with football again. Things got a little bleak around here after that game.

Globalgunner
22-09-2015, 05:24 PM

Actually K, I owe you an apology. Haven't seen that vid before. Based on that, they should have done him for sure. Some murky stuff defo going on at the FA.

Globalgunner
22-09-2015, 05:30 PM
On another note. The Chelsea doctor Eva Caniero has just left Chelsea. She is now a free agent, Surely we can find a position for her. Anyone here looking for medical advice?. NQ hows that corn of yours?

Kano
22-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Actually K, I owe you an apology. Haven't seen that vid before. Based on that, they should have done him for sure. Some murky stuff defo going on at the FA.

Too late, I called it in. He's fucked and I'm a champion. Or something else beginning with c.

He hardly touched him, if at all with that flick. Dean fucked up big time. If he had called it a yellow, I think the FA would've stuck by him. Two yellows, one game ban. A straight red? For a half hearted flick back that barley sent a waft of air let alone touched him? A dick move as usual by Dean. Just living up to his history against us.

alexander
22-09-2015, 06:00 PM
The Chelsea doctor Eva Caniero has just left Chelsea. She is now a free agent, Surely we can find a position for her.

Ive a position for her....:getcoat:

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-09-2015, 06:35 PM
Costa banned for 3 games :lol:

AFC Leveller
22-09-2015, 06:40 PM
At least the FA have done the right thing here, although a 10 game ban would have been just as nice.

Globalgunner
22-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Costa gets a 3 match ban.!
FA showing sense and having balls:bow:
Mourinho will be suitably pissed

I would luv it, Luv it. If Chelsea would appeal and get it increased to 5 games.
All those shite football writers casting him as the misunderstood loner will be stabbing themselves with their pens hopefully.

Munchies
22-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Gary Neville defending Costa on twitter

https://twitter.com/GNev2/status/646392521753538560

Piss off you prick

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2015, 06:52 PM
He's a dickhead.

Master Splinter
22-09-2015, 06:59 PM
People are surprised that a knuckle-dragging barbarian is defending a fellow knuckle-dragging barbarian?

Give me a brain-dead baboon and I can give it media training to make it sound like an expert in comparison to Shearer and Jamie Redknapp as well.

Gary Neville is a fuckwit.

Kano
22-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Keown beat you to it.

Niall_Quinn
22-09-2015, 07:11 PM

3 game ban for at least 2 and probably 3 red card offences - the lad's done good. I'm sure Maureen will take the ban with his customary grace and console himself with the 3 points Cunta's cheating earned his scummy club.

So then, popcorn at the ready - what happens to Mike Dean?

Oh - nothing. Guess he can carry on pretending to be a ref.

Niall_Quinn
22-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Why can't people figure out the best way to deal with Neville the cave dweller is to ignore him?

Of course that twat is going to be perplexed - he still doesn't know what football is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M

RomfordPele
22-09-2015, 09:35 PM
So hang on, the fa have basically just admitted dean fucked up twice in the space of 2 mins on Saturday. So how come arsenal are still in the dock for querying this clown's pretence at refereeing? Shouldn't we be getting an apology rather than a fine?

Marc Overmars
22-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Costa. :wave:

Off you pop you ugly cunt.

Well done to the FA for calling it right for a change. Now if they really want to show some balls then how about reviewing Deans performance?

Power n Glory
23-09-2015, 07:25 AM
Keown beat you to it.

Not even Keown likes him. He doesn't like how he complains to the ref all the time despite being a physical player. He's a worm of a player.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-09-2015, 01:39 PM

Costa gets banned which basically translates that he should have been given a red......Gabriel's red gets thrown out which would have meant he stayed on the pitch, 11 of us against 10 of them leads to a whole can of maybes, mights, should haves.......end of day Chavs bagged three us zero and Maureen and her happy bunch of pricks walk away smiling

Syn
23-09-2015, 02:03 PM
Exactly. Costa's brainy as fuck. Never gets caught during the game, always gets a retrospective ban after when the damage is done. Scratch someone on the back of the neck, it's not an obvious foul. A push or a slap in the face is. We need cleverer players or players that don't take pride in being saints. Our best players are Kos, Ramsey, Sanchez. And they're all are idiots - they never know when to go down, when to have a sly kick, when to wind opposition players up. Cazorla is fucking useless under any criteria. Fabregas was superb at it. Wilshere can do it (ask Gary Neville) but he's always injured.

Moan about the ref all we like, nothing will change. Realising what you can get away with is a new art of this pathetic sport. If players want the best career possible in the sport, being educated by Wenger is not what they needed. Sanchez was a fool for joining us - he could've had a top career. Ozil's more talented but a bigger pussy so Wenger suits him fine.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Only thing is that the four officials all saw Gabbys kick out but were poking the other (cough cough bullshit) when Costa was teaching Kos how to samba

Syn
23-09-2015, 02:34 PM
A kick out is visible. Vieira and Beckham have been sent off for intent and no contact. Surprised the ban was overturned but our incessant whinging probably helped. No-one has been sent off for scratching someone on the back of the neck. If you ask people what would make you wanna punch someone more, a scratch on the back of the neck or a kick out at your shin...

Clever. Cunty. But clever.

IBK
23-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Exactly. Costa's brainy as fuck. Never gets caught during the game, always gets a retrospective ban after when the damage is done. Scratch someone on the back of the neck, it's not an obvious foul. A push or a slap in the face is. We need cleverer players or players that don't take pride in being saints. Our best players are Kos, Ramsey, Sanchez. And they're all are idiots - they never know when to go down, when to have a sly kick, when to wind opposition players up. Cazorla is fucking useless under any criteria. Fabregas was superb at it. Wilshere can do it (ask Gary Neville) but he's always injured.

Moan about the ref all we like, nothing will change. Realising what you can get away with is a new art of this pathetic sport. If players want the best career possible in the sport, being educated by Wenger is not what they needed. Sanchez was a fool for joining us - he could've had a top career. Ozil's more talented but a bigger pussy so Wenger suits him fine.

Pretty much. Justice has been served (surprisingly) after the event, but frankly I found our whingeing embarassing. I would far rather we handled ourselves with some bollocks and guile on the pitch rather than bleat when the result has long since passed us by.

A major problem, I think, is that whether or not Wenger has a point when he laments refereeing decisions (as happens almost every time we drop points these days) - there is a cruel ring of truth to what that twat Maureen said after the match. It can seem as though its anyone's fault but Wenger's team's - and I honestly think that this attitude transmits itself to his players. I wish individuals in our team would hold themselves to account, not just for a tepid performance, but for naivity and lack of fight. Adams would have had Gabriel up against the wall of the changing room for getting sent off - whether or not the ref was incompetent.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
23-09-2015, 10:37 PM
Why can't people figure out the best way to deal with Neville the cave dweller is to ignore him?

Of course that twat is going to be perplexed - he still doesn't know what football is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M

You regularly post this and I get angry all over again watching it like it just happened!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
24-09-2015, 06:41 AM
Mourinho: "Now we know that retaliation is allowed. No problem, you can do it."

:lol:

Xhaka Can’t
24-09-2015, 08:58 AM
Pretty much. Justice has been served (surprisingly) after the event, but frankly I found our whingeing embarassing. I would far rather we handled ourselves with some bollocks and guile on the pitch rather than bleat when the result has long since passed us by.

A major problem, I think, is that whether or not Wenger has a point when he laments refereeing decisions (as happens almost every time we drop points these days) - there is a cruel ring of truth to what that twat Maureen said after the match. It can seem as though its anyone's fault but Wenger's team's - and I honestly think that this attitude transmits itself to his players. I wish individuals in our team would hold themselves to account, not just for a tepid performance, but for naivity and lack of fight. Adams would have had Gabriel up against the wall of the changing room for getting sent off - whether or not the ref was incompetent.

I'd ordinarily agree with this viewpoint. But the refereeing in this case led to a two player swing which fundamentally influenced the result in this case with little opportunity for us, particularly when down to nine men to have any influence over the result.

This genuinely was a case of 2 nil to the referee..

Marc Overmars
24-09-2015, 09:49 AM
Mourinho: "Now we know that retaliation is allowed. No problem, you can do it."

:lol:

But you're ok with your player being a compete arsehole to begin with?

Niall_Quinn
24-09-2015, 10:11 AM
I'd ordinarily agree with this viewpoint. But the refereeing in this case led to a two player swing which fundamentally influenced the result in this case with little opportunity for us, particularly when down to nine men to have any influence over the result.

This genuinely was a case of 2 nil to the referee..

And this so-called justice appears to have whitewashed Dean's performance. Both clubs got charged, two players got charged, one banned (rightly so), and a player was warned. But Dean walks through the shit storm without any of it sticking. Added to that, only half of Costa's antics have been taken into account, so this is half-justice at best. If Dean thought Gabriel's harmless flick at that shitbag warranted a straight red for violent conduct then why has he let the same incident pass later in the game when Ox was the target? So many questions for Dean to answer but nobody in authority has asked them. In reality all we've had no real justice here. Lost the game, lost the points, because we lost 2 players and they lost none, Costa gets the minimum ban after scratching and gouging and clawing his way through the match, our compensation is we don't have Gabriel banned for 3 games. What sort of justice is that?

Time to get on now anyway, but I hope nobody has come away from this grateful to the football authorities. All they have done is cover their own arses as usual but covering their inept mate Dean.

Kano
25-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Knew they'd get him on something. One match ban and fine for Gabriel.

Improper Conduct over a red card even they've agreed was wrongly dished out :lol: prime time fucking idiots.