PDA

View Full Version : Women and Football Research

theacademic
01-10-2015, 11:50 AM
Dear all,

I am doing some research on women and sport and I would appreciate a few minutes of your time to share your thoughts. The survey is anonymous and can be found here:

https://lboro.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/women-and-sport

Thanks in advance.

Niall_Quinn
01-10-2015, 12:30 PM
women and sport

LOL

Letters
01-10-2015, 12:34 PM
I am doing some research on women
##

Kano
01-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Sure thing, looks interesting.

Syn
01-10-2015, 01:23 PM
In future questionnaires you might want to add more specific questions that allow you to deduce real attitudes rather than such open ended ones where no-ones going to be bothered to do the work. I suspect you're getting a lot of blank answers on those paragraphs.

anyway - I think there has been more interest in women sport but still a helluva lot of work to be done. In football. Top clubs should have a responsibility to be pushing more info about the women's game. Arsenal have generally been quite good, but it's still far too independent from the men's game.

E.g. In some of those silly YouTube things where players mess about, perhaps showing the women teams taking on those challenges with the men would help get, we, the Twitter generation, interested. I'm not watching a crossbar challenge if it's just the women team doing it. If Mesut Ozil's in it too then I probably will.

theacademic
06-10-2015, 10:36 AM
Many thanks Syn and thanks to those who have completed the survey. I appreciate it.

IBK
06-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Done. I think that clubs like Arsenal could do more to promote women's football - eg have the womens' team playing at the Emirates on match day weekends? This might tap into those who cannot afford, or do not have high enough membership status to attend many of the mens' matches.