PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal v Manchester United, 4th Oct, 4pm, SS1

Pages : [1] 2

Kano
01-10-2015, 12:57 PM
As with every game, hope we win of course but it's hard to see how it matters in the grander scheme of things. Short term bragging rights is all we have at the moment.

Merts out as predicted today with his comeback talk :blah: we will probably win this knowing this squad. But it will not prove to be a marker for anything significant to follow.

Letters
01-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Honestly no idea any more. We're good enough to beat them, we're random enough to balls it up.

Niall_Quinn
01-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Hopefully we get to play them. The ref is Anthony Taylor. Fairly neutral towards us last season but prone to make outrageous errors.

Marc Overmars
01-10-2015, 01:25 PM
Need a win. Sick and tired of failing to pick up 3 points against this lot.

1-0.

AFC Leveller
01-10-2015, 01:37 PM
Snatch a late draw or lose 1-3.

"the defeat to Olympiacos was a little bit on our mind and the handbrake was on"

rodders
01-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Arsenal 1 Man Utd 4 Wenger to claim we were unlucky

Bumble
01-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Wenger and the team do have a happy knack of winning games just when one more bad result would see things turn really nasty. So wouldn't be too surprised with a win against united but lose to Watford. However if we can keep it tight, United are fragile at the back with no proper left back and a winger of some sort at right back because of it. So if we can exploit the wide positions we could be quite productive.

However, they are much better than last year when they beat us and I think if we concede first we will be in trouble.

Dein-machine
01-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Wenger and the team do have a happy knack of winning games just when one more bad result would see things turn really nasty. So wouldn't be too surprised with a win against united but lose to Watford. However if we can keep it tight, United are fragile at the back with no proper left back and a winger of some sort at right back because of it. So if we can exploit the wide positions we could be quite productive.

However, they are much better than last year when they beat us and I think if we concede first we will be in trouble.

1-3 (Martial hat-rick) because he's not good enough for us to spend that much on. We'd rather spend it collectively on Chamakh, Giroud & Welbeck.

Xhaka Can’t
01-10-2015, 07:31 PM
I'm not very confident about this at all. 0-2

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

LDG
01-10-2015, 07:33 PM
0-1

Fat Rooney will pub it for them.

While we're at it. I predict the same result next season.

Letters
01-10-2015, 07:41 PM
I hope we win.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
01-10-2015, 10:56 PM
It's quite telling that all the talk is quite negative and bracing ourselves for a loss when it could be about us leap frogging them with a good result at home to be top of the league.

Honestly, I think it will depend on who we have in midfield and whether they can find their mojo. They are no fortress at the back themselves so I hope we are not as wasteful as we often have been this season.

Injury Time
02-10-2015, 06:38 AM
Rooney to dive on the half way line rolling into the box for a penalty, miracle recovery to score it for penalty hatrick, Owen Goal with the consolation in the 98th minute (delay to Sanchez being cut in half by Hezanot Datkinda-Playa).

Letters
02-10-2015, 06:45 AM
It's quite telling that all the talk is quite negative and bracing ourselves for a loss when it could be about us leap frogging them with a good result at home to be top of the league.

Honestly, I think it will depend on who we have in midfield and whether they can find their mojo. They are no fortress at the back themselves so I hope we are not as wasteful as we often have been this season.

I'm not sure it's that telling. It's a combination of past experience and the midweek result. Had we won that people would probably be a bit more bullish.
I'm finding Arsenal results impossible to call right now. I expected a tough time at Leicester and we breezed past them. I thought we'd beat Olympiarcos quite comfortably and we made a mess of it. Who knows any more?!

Injury Time
02-10-2015, 06:49 AM
I'm not sure it's that telling. It's a combination of past experience and the midweek result. Had we won that people would probably be a bit more bullish.
I'm finding Arsenal results impossible to call right now. I expected a tough time at Leicester and we breezed past them. I thought we'd beat Olympiarcos quite comfortably and we made a mess of it. Who knows any more?!

Not Arsene?

I'll be at the match rocking gentle back n forth muttering about Invincibles vs invisibles :crying:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
02-10-2015, 07:02 AM
Well yeah, that's why it's telling. Any other top 4 team's fans would be speaking about the chance to steal top spot....notwithstanding Chelsea who I should point out aren't a top 4 side. Instead we're all bracing ourselves for a negative result. A draw isn't the end of the world but the fact we put our chances of winning at home so low is depressing, They not even one of the better United sides over recent times.

It would be sensible to predict dropped points for all sorts of reasons but I just want to believe we can win but as you say, who knows what we will do....we're becoming increasingly unpredictable.

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 07:52 AM

It’s a massive game and we need a serious performance from our midfield. I trust Coquelin to do his job and turn up but Ozil, Cazorla and Ramsey need a big game. I especially want to see a massive improvement from Ozil in this game. I hope Wenger has put some more pressure on him.

Marc Overmars
02-10-2015, 07:58 AM
Well yeah, that's why it's telling. Any other top 4 team's fans would be speaking about the chance to steal top spot....notwithstanding Chelsea who I should point out aren't a top 4 side. Instead we're all bracing ourselves for a negative result. A draw isn't the end of the world but the fact we put our chances of winning at home so low is depressing, They not even one of the better United sides over recent times.

It would be sensible to predict dropped points for all sorts of reasons but I just want to believe we can win but as you say, who knows what we will do....we're becoming increasingly unpredictable.

We can absolutely win, there is nothing to fear from this United team. The only thing we have to fear is ourselves because our record in these games smells of wee. There are average teams who have more victories over United in the last decade than we do.

Though saying that, I've gone for a 1-0 to the Arsenal.

Seaman's Ponytail
02-10-2015, 07:58 AM
I hope we win.

We all do. But it's hope/optimism now, no longer a realistic expectation. I note, maybe for the first time, that nobody is actually bothering to name the team they think will start. I suspect this is because will all have finally come to the realisation that no matter who we name in whatever position we will undoubtedly play the same way regardless.

selassie
02-10-2015, 08:16 AM
Think we're going to lose TBH. 1-3, we'll get torn apart on the counter.

Marc Overmars
02-10-2015, 08:23 AM
Koscielny out.

As are Flamini and Arteta.

Seaman's Ponytail
02-10-2015, 08:30 AM
Koscielny out.

As are Flamini and Arteta.

We all know if we're to win Coq has to play 90 and Flam and Arteta should go no where near the pitch so this news is ok. Kos is however a massive loss but not unexpected after the week. I suspect we'll bounce back and claim a 1-1 draw, anything more would be a massive bonus tbf

Letters
02-10-2015, 08:41 AM
We all do. But it's hope/optimism now, no longer a realistic expectation. I note, maybe for the first time, that nobody is actually bothering to name the team they think will start. I suspect this is because will all have finally come to the realisation that no matter who we name in whatever position we will undoubtedly play the same way regardless.

It's a completely realistic expectation. Our last 2 games against them were both at Old Trafford, we won the big one in the FA Cup, the league one was when we were somewhat disconcentrated by the FA Cup final and really we only needed a draw to ensure we finished above them and we got it.
We are a bit random this season but on our day we're plenty good enough to beat them.

Kano
02-10-2015, 08:49 AM

Let's be honest, we all know the starting line-up, particularly those in the key positions. If anyone isn't in the first eleven that we expect to be, it's usually because they have 'little bit strain'.

I've changed my opinion a bit about this team. At the start of the season I believed we lacked both the manager and personnel. The quality in the league has been deteriorating season-on-season and I don't think previous title winning standards apply at the moment. Looking at how sloppy Chelsea, City and Utd can be, we could of had a chance of pubbing a title, despite the chronic problems in our squad. The fact is we are not the only ones with those issues. Our biggest handicap however is our manager and continual medical issues, whatever the cause of those may be.

So can we win tomorrow? Yes. And I actually think we will at long last. The biggest letdown is that because of poor management from the bench and behind the scenes, we are going to miss out on a prime opportunity to actually contend this year, at a time when our own serious shortcomings aren't as exposed as previous years because anyone else up for the league is just as flawed.

Seaman's Ponytail
02-10-2015, 08:50 AM
It's a completely realistic expectation. Our last 2 games against them were both at Old Trafford, we won the big one in the FA Cup, the league one was when we were somewhat disconcentrated by the FA Cup final and really we only needed a draw to ensure we finished above them and we got it.
We are a bit random this season but on our day we're plenty good enough to beat them.

Mate i totally hope you are right and we're a real chance but when was last time we beat them at home? Pretty sure it was 2011. Long time between drinks

Letters
02-10-2015, 08:57 AM
Mate i totally hope you are right and we're a real chance but when was last time we beat them at home? Pretty sure it was 2011. Long time between drinks

I agree. Our record against them smells. I wouldn't say I'm confident but I do think we're good enough.
If we win it will be an indication we're serious about competing this year. If we don't then...probably another frustrating season.

Letters
02-10-2015, 09:07 AM
The biggest letdown is that because of poor management from the bench and behind the scenes, we are going to miss out on a prime opportunity to actually contend this year.
Are we going to miss out on that? The WUMs keep WUMming when I say it's too early to tell, but...it's 7 games in and so far we're in touch. We are contending, so far at least. I thought the Chelsea game was an indicator but when the ref is wearing a Chelsea shirt it renders it null and void as an indicator of anything. Ref permitting this is a big one. Actually I'd argue the Leicester one was quite important - rivals had dropped points, we went to a team who on the face of it we should be beating but who were in good form, the last unbeaten side. The exact sort of game we "always" mess up, but we didn't. This Sunday is another one of those games we traditionally cock up. If we win then it would show something.

Bumble
02-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Let's be honest, we all know the starting line-up, particularly those in the key positions. If anyone isn't in the first eleven that we expect to be, it's usually because they have 'little bit strain'.

I've changed my opinion a bit about this team. At the start of the season I believed we lacked both the manager and personnel. The quality in the league has been deteriorating season-on-season and I don't think previous title winning standards apply at the moment. Looking at how sloppy Chelsea, City and Utd can be, we could of had a chance of pubbing a title, despite the chronic problems in our squad. The fact is we are not the only ones with those issues. Our biggest handicap however is our manager and continual medical issues, whatever the cause of those may be.

So can we win tomorrow? Yes. And I actually think we will at long last. The biggest letdown is that because of poor management from the bench and behind the scenes, we are going to miss out on a prime opportunity to actually contend this year, at a time when our own serious shortcomings aren't as exposed as previous years because anyone else up for the league is just as flawed.
Is the league deteriorating or is it that the other teams are getting better and can invest in better players and therefore make it harder for the bigger sides. And with a even bigger tv deal around the corner where the team finishing bottom receives £99m!!! all teams will become profitable so it becomes harder for the bigger teams to cherry pick players from others.

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 09:42 AM
Are we going to miss out on that? The WUMs keep WUMming when I say it's too early to tell, but...it's 7 games in and so far we're in touch. We are contending, so far at least. I thought the Chelsea game was an indicator but when the ref is wearing a Chelsea shirt it renders it null and void as an indicator of anything. Ref permitting this is a big one. Actually I'd argue the Leicester one was quite important - rivals had dropped points, we went to a team who on the face of it we should be beating but who were in good form, the last unbeaten side. The exact sort of game we "always" mess up, but we didn't. This Sunday is another one of those games we traditionally cock up. If we win then it would show something.

A win again Utd proves nothing. There is no indicator and especially not after one game. I still don’t know why you’re measuring progress on such a short window. This is something I’ve been trying to explain for a while now. We can beat Utd but we can also lose and drop points to teams we shouldn’t. Our form is so random and until we straighten ourselves out and prove we can perform under pressure, stay focused through a sustained period, we have no chance. We’re literally banking on our rivals being just as random and shitty with their form. That’s the only way I see us winning the league unless we sort ourselves out. It’s a game by game basis and we won’t know if this team has sorted themselves out until they’re actually on a run and performing consistently.

It’s ok to be hopeful but I’m not putting much stock on this one game. I just want to see a good team performance and certain individuals step their game up. If we can manage that, we’ll see what happens in the next game and see if they can maintain that level. I’ll be happy with a strong performance and win. 3 points will be great but there is no point in shouting from the roof about it if we scrape a win with a scrappy performance and the same individuals going missing.

Kano
02-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Thing is, you have said that losing against Utd would prove it to be another season of the same 'ole. That would be only 8 games in, so wouldn't that be too early for you to make that call? I get the idea of 'season indicators' but there is a more telling story held within our results against the top 8 over the past couple of seasons. Those are the better teams in the league and where we come a cropper with this current squad, a very poor points return. Even when we picked up points from January to May last season, all against lower teams, while we continued to drop points against the better teams just above and below us. Until we rectify that, then we won't progress. The mini 'top four' league only counts when you can pick up enough points from 5-8th, something we are failing to do. The bottom twelve teams we've learnt to despatch without issue but we struggle against teams with higher quality players and more organisation.

I've seen enough of how Wenger is approaching our games so far to realise he is going to undermine any slim chance we may of had. The two CL defeats, West Ham and even the Chavs game. Sure, we were up against the ref but he didn't head in their first goal (although I'm sure he wanted to). I want to believe differently, we all do but the pattern is just too similar to ignore. For me it will take a lot more than one game to alter my perception of the team and more importantly the man in charge of them.

Kano
02-10-2015, 09:57 AM
Is the league deteriorating or is it that the other teams are getting better and can invest in better players and therefore make it harder for the bigger sides. And with a even bigger tv deal around the corner where the team finishing bottom receives £99m!!! all teams will become profitable so it becomes harder for the bigger teams to cherry pick players from others.

The quality of play in the league is getting worse. If you have the time to sit through a round of live TV games any particular weekend, you'll see what I mean. I can't remember his name but a Ukraine player who was reportedly wanted by a few top 8 PL clubs here came out last week to have a dig at the lack of technical ability in the league. At the start of the season I saw teams like Stoke taking on 'higher quality' players and thought the competition was going to improve. This season I've seen more live games than in recent memory and have been bored to tears on most occasions. The same thing is said every year 'ooh, we're in for a close race and change at the top' but it always ends up being between two teams at the most. Looking at the current table it's already taking on a familiar shape, five of the expected top eight are already in place with Liverpool, Swansea and Southampton just outside that group. The only team missing is Chelsea at the moment. I think we tend to focus on the screw ups because they become so highlighted in the press but the table is the real indicator. Liverpool are a prime example. Absolutely dire to watch, a team that have only scored more than one goal on one occasion so far. Yet, they are two points off a CL spot. The teams with even more money than the middle-to-low clubs will continue to rise to the top because they have a better class of shite in their squads.

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2015, 10:57 AM

Technical quality in this league is appalling. Passing, shooting, crossing, tackling, the standards are falling off a cliff. I don't think the players are less capable, not all of them anyway, but the accepted style of play doesn't favour a technical game. As you will hear time and again, power and pace, power and pace. What they mean is strength and the ability to hang on to the ball when you are getting kicked and barged from all angles. Most games are negative, fearful almost. Few managers have the balls to come out and play because they know the opposition will then have the upper hand because it's easier to wreck than create. Crazy and inconsistent refereeing doesn't help. It's a bit of a mess. The money is probably at the root of it. The consequences of losing these days are huge.

Letters
02-10-2015, 11:08 AM
A win again Utd proves nothing.
No, of course it doesn't prove anything, but plenty of people were using the West Ham game as 'proof' we couldn't win the league and that was only one game. No one game proves anything but some games are more significant than others and I see this one as more significant than most. A home game vs a rival who are 3 points ahead of us and by winning we could leapfrog them. Winning won't prove anything, neither would losing but a win would be an indication we're more serious about challenging this year. Yes, of course we could then drop silly points elsewhere but so could the other contenders - and all of them have done so this season. The trick is not to win every game, no-one ever does that, we just need to drop fewer points than the rest. A win keeps us up there, keeps us competing. For now, that's enough.
I have repeatedly said a season can only be properly assessed at the end - and repeatedly been lampooned for that as if it's a ridiculous position to take. So of course I'm not judging things after 8 games but while we're in touch with the top I'll believe we've got a chance.
We showed last year we can go on long, sustained runs. We showed we can win pressure games. If we're in touch with 10 games left then I think we have a chance, especially given our run-in.

Letters
02-10-2015, 11:30 AM
Technical quality in this league is appalling. Passing, shooting, crossing, tackling, the standards are falling off a cliff. I don't think the players are less capable, not all of them anyway, but the accepted style of play doesn't favour a technical game. As you will hear time and again, power and pace, power and pace. What they mean is strength and the ability to hang on to the ball when you are getting kicked and barged from all angles. Most games are negative, fearful almost. Few managers have the balls to come out and play because they know the opposition will then have the upper hand because it's easier to wreck than create. Crazy and inconsistent refereeing doesn't help. It's a bit of a mess. The money is probably at the root of it. The consequences of losing these days are huge.

Style of play aside - I agree with you by the way - I literally have no idea why obscenely well paid professional footballers who train every day cannot cross a ball or, worse, deliver a set piece.
There are so many cloggers out there earning £50k a week or more, it's ludicrous really.

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 11:34 AM
No, of course it doesn't prove anything, but plenty of people were using the West Ham game as 'proof' we couldn't win the league and that was only one game. No one game proves anything but some games are more significant than others and I see this one as more significant than most. A home game vs a rival who are 3 points ahead of us and by winning we could leapfrog them. Winning won't prove anything, neither would losing but a win would be an indication we're more serious about challenging this year. Yes, of course we could then drop silly points elsewhere but so could the other contenders - and all of them have done so this season. The trick is not to win every game, no-one ever does that, we just need to drop fewer points than the rest. A win keeps us up there, keeps us competing. For now, that's enough.
I have repeatedly said a season can only be properly assessed at the end - and repeatedly been lampooned for that as if it's a ridiculous position to take. So of course I'm not judging things after 8 games but while we're in touch with the top I'll believe we've got a chance.
We showed last year we can go on long, sustained runs. We showed we can win pressure games. If we're in touch with 10 games left then I think we have a chance, especially given our run-in.

The West Ham game results and performance was being measured by past downfalls. The boss, the players, all came out and said they’ll set a statement with that performance and we need a good start to throw down the gauntlet. The fact that we still struggle against certain tactics and haven’t learned haven’t learned how to cope with it yet, the team selection….that’s all what’s being taken into consideration after the first game. There is a history to go off. That’s the difference and I don’t think you understand that. I mean why would a win prove we're more serious? Why?

Letters
02-10-2015, 11:39 AM
I've explained why. Because it's these sorts of games we've traditionally cocked up.
It wouldn't prove anything, obviously. But it would be a good sign.

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 11:44 AM
I've explained why. Because it's these sorts of games we've traditionally cocked up.

Explain our Champions League run and how our opponents have a well thought out plan on how to beat us? It’s not isolated to a specific group of elite teams.

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 11:52 AM

And you haven’t explain why we’re more serious now. So weren’t we serious in the opening game or previous encounters?

Heisenberg
02-10-2015, 12:24 PM
Our record against them is so bad in recent years, even when we've been a better side than them. Winning the cup game last year was big but I'm still scared that they have our number

Letters
02-10-2015, 12:31 PM
Explain our Champions League run and how our opponents have a well thought out plan on how to beat us? It’s not isolated to a specific group of elite teams.

I don't need to explain anything.
If we beat a team who it looks like will also be contesting the title and are currently top then clearly that's a good sign. Especially given our record against them.

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 12:40 PM
I don't need to explain anything.
If we beat a team who it looks like will also be contesting the title and are currently top then clearly that's a good sign. Especially given our record against them.

A good sign would be making the correct team selection, making the right subs, getting our tactics right and the players actually turning up with a good performance. That's a good sign. We beat City last season but somehow still finished below them and we're still making the same basic errors, lapses in concentration as we always have.

Letters
02-10-2015, 12:46 PM
I'd just take a win, those things would be nice too though.

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2015, 12:54 PM
A good sign would be making the correct team selection, making the right subs, getting our tactics right and the players actually turning up with a good performance.

LOL

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 01:09 PM
I'd just take a win, those things would be nice too though.

Of course you would. We all would. But one game (result) isn't a sign of progress.

No wonder why these sort of conversations go over your head. :console:

Syn
02-10-2015, 01:13 PM
A lot of you people talk about things you're not qualified to talk about. Like you have a flying fuck about what the right tactics or subs are. For you idiots, it's win = good tactics, loss = bad tactics. Unless it's fucking obvious there was an external factor (like V Chelsea). I don't mind you guys moaning about Arsenal because you so desperately need them to win, but let's be realistic. You're not in a position to get technical.

Letters
02-10-2015, 01:16 PM
But one game (result) isn't a sign of progress.
I never said it was.

I see you've now returned to the WUMming, so I'll bid you good day :tiphat:

Letters
02-10-2015, 01:19 PM
A lot of you people talk about things you're not qualified to talk about. Like you have a flying fuck about what the right tactics or subs are. For you idiots, it's win = good tactics, loss = bad tactics.
Actually for most of them it's:
loss = poor tactics, Wenger's a ****
win = poor tactics but we got away with it, we won't next time, Wenger's a ****

Letters
02-10-2015, 01:20 PM
This is what I've tried to illustrate to you a few times - I did so in the my last response to you. This current squad - spanning the past two seasons - have put that to bed. Over three quarters of the points we pick up come from those in the bottom half of the table. So while it used to be the West Hams, Leicester's we used to consistently mess up, that simply isn't true any more. It's at the other end of the table the problems lie.

O...K. But isn't that why a win vs Utd would be a positive sign? :blink:

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 01:24 PM
A lot of you people talk about things you're not qualified to talk about. Like you have a flying fuck about what the right tactics or subs are. For you idiots, it's win = good tactics, loss = bad tactics. Unless it's fucking obvious there was an external factor (like V Chelsea). I don't mind you guys moaning about Arsenal because you so desperately need them to win, but let's be realistic. You're not in a position to get technical.

You need to knock off the drinking.

Syn
02-10-2015, 01:25 PM

Well, whatever. This place has obviously turned into a cesspool where people vent about their personal frustrations by blaming their favourite sports team. Haven't seen a worthwhile debate in here for ages.

Kano
02-10-2015, 01:26 PM
O...K. But isn't that why a win vs Utd would be a positive sign? :blink:

You previously stated that earlier in the thread that it was the Leicester's etc we used to lose to? So it can't be both, otherwise we'd be relegation fodder. One victory by itself isn't an indicator. Winning away at City last season wasn't an indicator because we failed miserably against the rest of the good teams in the league. An indication would be beating those around us and picking up a couple of top four wins at the very least. Of course, we haven't played any top 8 teams yet but our record against them is going to tell us something, not just one game.

Letters
02-10-2015, 01:27 PM
I actually think the debate has got a bit better recently. The "longevity" thread has some good posts in it.

Syn
02-10-2015, 01:28 PM
You need to knock off the drinking.

I'm not drinking. You need to realise your limitations.

Kano
02-10-2015, 01:30 PM
Well, whatever. This place has obviously turned into a cesspool where people vent about their personal frustrations by blaming their favourite sports team. Haven't seen a worthwhile debate in here for ages.

I think your stance is worse. Picking at people - without naming them - and posting sad, sporadic posts from up high about other posters. If you have an opposing opinion about Arsenal, come out and say it. Otherwise your current posts are looking pretty pathetic tbh. You used to be made of better stuff. At least we're trying to construct arguments - whether you agree with them or not - about the problems as we perceive them. You are just in some strange limbo criticising others that criticise. Pretty feeble Syn.

Letters
02-10-2015, 01:30 PM
You previously stated that earlier in the thread that it was the Leicester's etc we used to lose to?
I think, if I'm thinking of the post you're thinking of, I was talking about the scenario where our rivals had dropped points and we had a chance, later in the day or weekend, to capitalize. The opposition isn't that relevant. The perception is that it's those games where there's "pressure" and we "always" mess it up.

And I've agreed over and over that one game isn't the be all and end all, but it would be a good sign. Obviously we will have many other games of this ilk over the season, just winning one isn't good enough.

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 01:35 PM

Don't judge by your own standards.

Taking off our only DM and going all out attack when a team is looking for a counter is never a good idea. Playing Ramsey on the wing is another bad idea.

We could employ bad tactics and win with individual brilliance. That's true. But one of the best tactical games I've seen from us is where we pressed Chelsea high up the pitch and suffocated them. It was a great team performance and win. There is a difference.

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 01:39 PM
I'm not drinking. You need to realise your limitations.

Then you're just a very angry person. Relax. Seems like your the only one taking out personal frustrations.

Syn
02-10-2015, 01:41 PM
I think your stance is worse. Picking at people - without naming them - and posting sad, sporadic posts from up high about other posters. If you have an opposing opinion about Arsenal, come out and say it. Otherwise your current posts are looking pretty pathetic tbh. You used to be made of better stuff. At least we're trying to construct arguments - whether you agree with them or not - about the problems as we perceive them. You are just in some strange limbo criticising others that criticise. Pretty feeble Syn.

what I'm doing is not so dissimilar to what you are doing. I have the added advantage of perspective. If you feel I'm too aggressive it's probably because you take it personally, and that's usually because there's more than a hint of truth. Ill tell you what's really pathetic - pretending you know about everything that goes on with your favourite sports team and then feeling aggrieved when they don't match your arbitrary standards. But you're right only in the sense that I don't need to be pointing it out 'sporadically'.

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2015, 01:45 PM

Wenger's record in the CL is a disgrace and it doesn't take any sort of an expert to figure out his record so far this year is played 2, fucked up 2. Discuss.

Since when do people need to be qualified to have an opinion on anything? The thing some people need to realise is this is a discussion forum, designed for people to shoot the breeze. National policy will not be made on the back of what is discussed here, indeed fuck all will change at Arsenal based on the content of these threads. If you want to complain about unqualified people having their say then start campaigning to restrict the vote. Real shit happens when morons vote, that's something to be pissed off about. As for the technical aspects, even a monkey can figure shit out if he sees it repeated over and over. Everyone knows more goes on behind the scenes of a football club and like any other profession there are technical and experience based aspects of the job that won't be apparent to the casual observer. Take engineering, if the wing falls off your plane you may just have enough time to figure out somebody fucked up. It wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest planes where the wings don't fall off is a good idea, even though the technical details escape you.

And anyway, you're onto a loser trying to out-moan me or relegate me into second place in the grumpiness race, so give it up.

Kano
02-10-2015, 01:51 PM
what I'm doing is not so dissimilar to what you are doing. I have the added advantage of perspective. If you feel I'm too aggressive it's probably because you take it personally, and that's usually because there's more than a hint of truth. Ill tell you what's really pathetic - pretending you know about everything that goes on with your favourite sports team and then feeling aggrieved when they don't match your arbitrary standards. But you're right only in the sense that I don't need to be pointing it out.
Far from aggressive, more hypocritical given you were on here a month ago in the Debate section having a go at people for being too passionate. Sorry to tell you Syn, but your use of language illustrates exactly the same thing. You're hardly the cold-hearted Terminator poster you may believe yourself to be. There's nothing to take personally, we're just talking about football after all but I find your position very weird. You obviously read a lot of the forum to form your opinion of the place, you pop on occasionally to remind everyone that you are better than them and the arguments are useless but I don't see the point? Why not stop reading if you no longer have a vested interest in the place? Now that's a shit argument to use but I am putting it back to you, as I remember you suggested we do the same instead of complaining about the BLiTW. How do I remember these specific posts? Because you hardly post and I look out for your words because you used to be a good contributor to this site. I'm not sure what you want to achieve with your current method of posting, to insult people or change their minds? In the context of the forum alone you might be doing the former but if it's the latter, then I'm pretty sure no-one is going to be convinced using your current style. This place is just for kicks, no-one takes it out on their wife or kids, it's a place to release good and bad times, to associate with other fans because we've been priced out of the stadiums. Who cares if we're qualified or not, why does that matter? I'm pretty sure we're not being assessed by The FA for our badges.

Syn
02-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Wenger's record in the CL is a disgrace and it doesn't take any sort of an expert to figure out his record so far this year is played 2, fucked up 2. Discuss.

Since when do people need to be qualified to have an opinion on anything? The thing some people need to realise is this is a discussion forum, designed for people to shoot the breeze. National policy will not be made on the back of what is discussed here, indeed fuck all will change at Arsenal based on the content of these threads. If you want to complain about unqualified people having their say then start campaigning to restrict the vote. Real shit happens when morons vote, that's something to be pissed off about. As for the technical aspects, even a monkey can figure shit out if he sees it repeated over and over. Everyone knows more goes on behind the scenes of a football club and like any other profession there are technical and experience based aspects of the job that won't be apparent to the casual observer. Take engineering, if the wing falls off your plane you may just have enough time to figure out somebody fucked up. It wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest planes where the wings don't fall off is a good idea, even though the technical details escape you.

And anyway, you're onto a loser trying to out-moan me or relegate me into second place in the grumpiness race, so give it up.

You do need to be qualified to give a worthwhile opinion. Of course you do. I don't pretend we can actually make a difference to what goes on at the club. But there's a balance here that we're not even close to hitting. You'd roll your eyes at an idiot trying to blag his way through rocket science and that's exactly what I'm doing here. Nothing less, nothing more.

Opinions and discussions can exist about the state of your favourite sports team, but while knowing there are unknowns. This is Wenger's biggest gripe - that everyone's an expert. Maybe we don't need to have made 30,000 substitutions to know when he made one that didn't pay off. But when judging what's right and what's disgraceful, a bit of tact wouldn't go a miss. Here everyone's an expert about things they don't have a clue about and there's no grey area. Well, Letters is in that grey area and he's constantly attacked for it.

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 02:05 PM
You do need to be qualified to give a worthwhile opinion. Of course you do. I don't pretend we can actually make a difference to what goes on at the club. But there's a balance here that we're not even close to hitting. You'd roll your eyes at an idiot trying to blag his way through rocket science and that's exactly what I'm doing here. Nothing less, nothing more.

Opinions and discussions can exist about the state of your favourite sports team, but while knowing there are unknowns. This is Wenger's biggest gripe - that everyone's an expert. Maybe we don't need to have made 30,000 substitutions to know when he made one that didn't pay off. But when judging what's right and what's disgraceful, a bit of tact wouldn't go a miss. Here everyone's an expert about things they don't have a clue about and there's no grey area. Well, Letters is in that grey area and he's constantly attacked for it.

Letter's doesn't discuss tactics or even offer a counter argument that suggests our opinion on his tactics are wrong.

You're entitled to your opinion but I doubt anyone will pay attention. It just the kills discussion. You don't have to be qualified for a worthwhile opinion.

Letters
02-10-2015, 02:21 PM
I don't discuss tactics because I don't pretend to be an expert on them and the level of debate on here with regard to tactics tends to be "Arteta is shit".

And for the last time. It's "Letters". Plural. Not "Letter's", belonging to Letter :angry:

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 02:26 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/sep/25/arsene-wenger-arsenal-pub

Wenger on growing up above a pub.

"It is not often that a boy of five or six is always living with adults in a little village. I learned about tactics and selection from the people talking about football in the pub – who plays on the left wing and who should be in the team."

:lol: Maybe this explains the tactical choices. Or maybe people have valid opinions and don't need to be experts.

Kano
02-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Tbh, we're all pretending that we know what we're talking about. Even Syn, way up there. Our understanding only extends as far as we allow it to. Otherwise we wouldn't have a personal opinion at all. Even if you exist in the grey area. You go to a game, you have a couple of drinks after, pumped up from a loss or defeat and you vent one way or the other. If you don't drink you're still debating shit on the way home. That opinion remains valid with the context of the situation. Just as it does here. You have just taken part in an emotional event - even as a spectator - and there is every reason to let that out. Even if you sit at home your passion as a supporter means that connection cannot be avoided. And thank God for that. Sport would be even worse without that. And no, that doesn't include personal insults being traded between each other or toward people like Wenger.

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 02:34 PM
I don't discuss tactics because I don't pretend to be an expert on them and the level of debate on here with regard to tactics tends to be "Arteta is shit".

And for the last time. It's "Letters". Plural. Not "Letter's", belonging to Letter :angry:

The level of debate is higher than that. Give GW a little more credit than that. It could start with a flippant comment about a player but in most cases it doesn't stop there. You know this. You're on here often enough.

Marc Overmars
02-10-2015, 02:34 PM

Come on Syn, you don't need to be qualified to talk about the game, TV pundits are ridiculed on here for chatting shit and they're a hell of a lot more qualified than any of us.

Yes sometimes people are irrational and make pointless posts and they're rightly called up on it, and you're right sometimes a bit of tact wouldn't go a miss, but you seem to have a problem with these guys talking about ways they think we could improve as a team which is odd. Also, you should to cut out these "Arsenal have ruined our lives" jibes, it's more pointless than any inane discussion about tactics and our chances of success. You don't know anyone personally (at least I presume you don't) so I don't understand what makes you think people are taking out their personal frustrations on the team, you seem to use that belief to dismiss everything said on here now. No one on here is a proclaimed expert, there's really no need to take everything said as a matter of fact. You're getting yourself worked up for no reason.

Unless you're one of those melts from Arsenal Fan TV, then I don't really think Arsenal plays that big a role in any of our lives to affect it so badly.

AFC Leveller
02-10-2015, 02:45 PM
Today's press conference:

Journo: have you decided who will play in goal on sunday?

Wenger: I think you lack a little bit of creativity in the press

:lol:

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 02:53 PM
Today's press conference:

Journo: have you decided who will play in goal on sunday?

Wenger: I think you lack a little bit of creativity in the press

Such a dumb question. He's right about that one.

Letters
02-10-2015, 03:00 PM
The level of debate is higher than that. Give GW a little more credit than that. It could start with a flippant comment about a player but in most cases it doesn't stop there. You know this. You're on here often enough.

I'm being a bit flippant and ok yes, it is a bit higher than that, but not much in most instances.

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2015, 03:08 PM

I know what you are saying, but it's entirely unrealistic to expect 99.9% of people to suddenly shut up and hit the books. That's not how it works. Only a tiny minority can be part of the game. The rest have to watch. Of course they are going to talk every aspect of it to death, that's the only participation that's open to them. Same goes for any fan based culture. Besides, it would be fucking dull if all footie banter was prefaced with, "referring to Carlos Kickaball's recent thesis on..."

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 03:08 PM
I'm being a bit flippant and ok yes, it is a bit higher than that, but not much in most instances.

It goes way beyond that in most cases but maybe you don't know because you check out and don't get involved.

Kano
02-10-2015, 03:24 PM
And here you go:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/02/ballon-dor-long-list-2015-lionel-messi-david-ospina

This is what the experts have concocted. Hopefully Ospina starts on Saturday...

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2015, 03:36 PM
And here you go:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/02/ballon-dor-long-list-2015-lionel-messi-david-ospina

:wacko:

Letters
02-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Wenger :bow:

But yeah... :blink:

Niall_Quinn
02-10-2015, 04:48 PM
He's got so much sway he can order them to put Ospina on the list just so he can WUM a bunch of journos.

GP
02-10-2015, 07:10 PM
And here you go:

Wilfried Bony is on that list!!

:haha: :haha:

AFC Leveller
02-10-2015, 07:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akDT_4yZj7U

I like this journo's questions, wenger doesnt.

Power n Glory
02-10-2015, 09:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akDT_4yZj7U

I like this journo's questions, wenger doesnt.

Yeah, that wasn't easy to watch. First guy had some good questions and Wenger really struggled with that and to be fair with the journo, he sounded as if he was being genuine and not arrogant. But it's not good seeing Wenger like that. For goodness sakes man! Win us the damn the league and just retire.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Don't really watch press conferences as they are a bit cringe worthy and give me a headache but to be fair to The journo he wasn't going at Wenger in an aggressive way.....he just caught Wenger out, especially the bit about last game.....

Munchies
03-10-2015, 09:40 AM
1-2

Hope we can get a draw at least I guess :scarf:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
03-10-2015, 09:51 AM
I think too much emphasis has been placed on Ospina being selected midweek, but the underlying criticism itself isn't unfair.

Interesting non football debate emerging in this thread on the nature of opinion and expressing it. :d

On the game itself.....If I heard correctly and Koscielny is out that makes me a lot less confident. Other than winning the game I'd like to see the only play Theo away from how put to bed as well as the Owen Goal jokes which are dying out but are still doing my nut.

Coney
03-10-2015, 10:33 AM
Yeah, that wasn't easy to watch. First guy had some good questions and Wenger really struggled with that and to be fair with the journo, he sounded as if he was being genuine and not arrogant. But it's not good seeing Wenger like that. For goodness sakes man! Win us the damn the league and just retire.

How far was that into the conference. Had he had half an hour of the same crap already so this was the last straw? And as for bringing Moronio into the questions - that is just a wind-up and playing c**tface's games for him. That kind of 'reporting' is pathetic hack-rag stuff.

Niall_Quinn
03-10-2015, 10:41 AM
‘I think the balance in our selection is much better than last year, so I believe in that. But the most important thing is not only that I believe, but that the players are believing in that. When we win at Arsenal the belief will rise a lot.’

If we aren't prepared to do whatever it takes to shove the words back down this arrogant cock's throat then we might as well give up. Anything less than 3 points on our own ground against this £300mill "genius" would be totally unacceptable. I hope the manager and the players have time between their tweeting and clubbing and banking to remember what this game is about.

Özim
03-10-2015, 11:04 AM
If we aren't prepared to do whatever it takes to shove the words back down this arrogant cock's throat then we might as well give up. Anything less than 3 points on our own ground against this £300mill "genius" would be totally unacceptable. I hope the manager and the players have time between their tweeting and clubbing and banking to remember what this game is about.

Winning at Arsenal is nothing special these days, anyone can do it, gone are the days when teams would fear playing us at home. As for proving a point, these kind of things have happened for years and pretty much every time I can think of we've seen a gutless performance and lost, whenever we have a point to prove we seem to get beaten, there's just no real desire in the club.

Remember Wenger's 1000th game, what an embarrassment that was, this club has no pride.

Globalgunner
03-10-2015, 11:18 AM
There is no must win game with this team. Remember, there is always next season to put things right.

Power n Glory
03-10-2015, 12:07 PM
How far was that into the conference. Had he had half an hour of the same crap already so this was the last straw? And as for bringing Moronio into the questions - that is just a wind-up and playing c**tface's games for him. That kind of 'reporting' is pathetic hack-rag stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBFN7GbDn0o

You tell me. I found this. It's 3 minutes in with no previous questions about Mourinho. They cut out Wenger's threat and the part about Mourinho. But regardless of when it happened, I think he could have handled that better. It's not his first press conference. The guy just caught him out when questioning him on accountability. Wenger says he's accountable for the results and ignores the part about the fans, was snippy on that one and he could have easily said answered that one intelligently without threatening to cut off the conference. It's not hack rag reporting. I think a lot of people would like for him to answer who he's accountable to in this case. Mourinho threw the question out there to be a dick but Wenger could have put that question to bed with a smart answer. But then again, I doubt these hacks will even follow up on that issue and will just go along with this goalkeeper story.

Hack rag is asking who will play on in goal on Sunday. That's a dumbass question and Wenger was right to take him to town on that because we don't want to hear that.

Özim
03-10-2015, 04:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBFN7GbDn0o

You tell me. I found this. It's 3 minutes in with no previous questions about Mourinho. They cut out Wenger's threat and the part about Mourinho. But regardless of when it happened, I think he could have handled that better. It's not his first press conference. The guy just caught him out when questioning him on accountability. Wenger says he's accountable for the results and ignores the part about the fans, was snippy on that one and he could have easily said answered that one intelligently without threatening to cut off the conference. It's not hack rag reporting. I think a lot of people would like for him to answer who he's accountable to in this case. Mourinho threw the question out there to be a dick but Wenger could have put that question to bed with a smart answer. But then again, I doubt these hacks will even follow up on that issue and will just go along with this goalkeeper story.

Hack rag is asking who will play on in goal on Sunday. That's a dumbass question and Wenger was right to take him to town on that because we don't want to hear that.

He questions people's knowledge about football but the guy makes some horrendous choices, choices even an amateur wouldn't make, maybe people should question his knowledge, especially when he just sends out his team and just "trusts" them and doesn't believe in setting up his team based on his opponents.

He talks a lot but delivers very little, it's high time people asked him some harsh questions, he's had years of the same onld easy questions noone wants to know the answer to.

The Martial thing sums up Wenger really, claims noone is available when they are, on top of that he goes after players who are clearly unavailable to anyone with eyes and ears, you have to question his judgment trick is to go in for someone with a big bid if you're interested, but don't go after Real or Barca players especially when those clubs are short in the position these players play in, it's laughable just like a lot of the stuff he comes out with.

Letters
03-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Winning at Arsenal is nothing special these days, anyone can do it, gone are the days when teams would fear playing us at home.

We've lost 3 home league games in the last 2 seasons so no, not really.

GP
03-10-2015, 06:28 PM

You know better than to start throwing around facts like that.

Letters
03-10-2015, 06:31 PM
:lol: I know. It's worth a try through.

Özim
03-10-2015, 06:49 PM

Two things:

Doesn't include the CL or cup (which count oddly enough)
Doesn't include draws

Like I said most clubs will fancy there chances of some points at our place.

Power n Glory
03-10-2015, 06:55 PM
Letter's is full of shit.

Letters
03-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Two things:

Doesn't include the CL or cup (which count oddly enough)

No, it was quicker to look at the league results but OK.
We lost twice at home last year in cups, 3 times the previous season.
That's from 18 games

So we've lost 3 from 38 in the league at home, 8 from 56 overall.

Doesn't include draws
Why would it?

Like I said most clubs will fancy there chances of some points at our place.
No, what you said was:

Winning at Arsenal is nothing special these days, anyone can do it

:tiphat:

Letters
03-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Letter's is full of shit.

Aye. Probably best to ignore facts which drive a horse and coaches through the argument and just resort to abuse instead

:d

Power n Glory
03-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Aye. Probably best to ignore facts which drive a horse and coaches through the argument and just resort to abuse instead

:d

Just cut the BS.

If we're looking at losses across all competitions, we've lost 11 at home since our new financial powers. Interpret that however you want but don't present a fraction of the story and say it's fact.

AFC Leveller
03-10-2015, 07:36 PM
Over the years, esp when we play on Sundays, our rivals have lost or droped silly points on a saturday and we celebrated on here and laughed at them but then the next day, Arsenal lost and failed to gain an advantage.

tomorrow cannot be another miserable sunday, we simply have to win and have to win properly. This is the time to stand up and leave our rivals behind.

Özim
03-10-2015, 08:02 PM
No, it was quicker to look at the league results but OK.
We lost twice at home last year in cups, 3 times the previous season.
That's from 18 games

So we've lost 3 from 38 in the league at home, 8 from 56 overall.

Why would it?

No, what you said was:

:tiphat:

Why would it? because draws are bad results at home.

Yeah and I stand by that anyone can beat us at home these days, hence the reason we've lost to teams like Monaco, Swansea, West Ham, Villa have all beaten us there.

AFC Leveller
03-10-2015, 08:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=38&v=kn5MTAxTVUo

Letters
03-10-2015, 08:18 PM
Why would it? because draws are bad results at home.
Well, that depends who against and no team wins every home game. Your original point was about us being beaten at home, stop moving the goalposts.

Yeah and I stand by that anyone can beat us at home these days
Of course you do. :lol:
If the stats bear out your argument you're happy to accept them, if they don't you just ignore them and proclaim yourself right anyway.

Letters
03-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Over the years, esp when we play on Sundays, our rivals have lost or droped silly points on a saturday and we celebrated on here and laughed at them but then the next day, Arsenal lost and failed to gain an advantage.

tomorrow cannot be another miserable sunday, we simply have to win and have to win properly. This is the time to stand up and leave our rivals behind.

Agree. I see this one as very important.

Obviously on GW if we lose it will show we're not capable of competing, if we win it won't show anything as we'll probably only mess up the next game anyway :lol:

selassie
03-10-2015, 08:34 PM

Yep, tomorrow's game is absolutely huge for a number of reasons. I think if we lose tomorrow it could have a damaging long term mental effect on the team, we lose and I don't even think the players will believe we can win the title this season, this early on too. We've been awful this season and we are due a big performance in a big game, it really is time for the likes of Ozil, Ramsey & Co. to earn their corn because we simply cannot have any excuses, I hope they treat it like a Cup Final.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
04-10-2015, 12:59 AM

Presuming that was from Van Gaal I think that it was a mistake in his English rather than him actually suggesting his cast iron belief he will beat us. By 'when' I suspect he means 'IF'...which is a quirk/mistake they often make/interchange on the continent when speaking English.

Power n Glory
04-10-2015, 06:55 AM
Yep, tomorrow's game is absolutely huge for a number of reasons. I think if we lose tomorrow it could have a damaging long term mental effect on the team, we lose and I don't even think the players will believe we can win the title this season, this early on too. We've been awful this season and we are due a big performance in a big game, it really is time for the likes of Ozil, Ramsey & Co. to earn their corn because we simply cannot have any excuses, I hope they treat it like a Cup Final.

I don't know about long term effects if we lose. I don't even know about the long term effects on a victory. The two FA Cup wins should have been a springboard for success and we've recently beaten all the big teams whether it be FA Cup (Man Utd) , Community Shield (Chelsea) and League (City) . We even have players that have beaten Bayern and Dortmund. I really don't know what it will take for this team to get their shit together. So I'm not putting too much weight on the significance of this game. If we win and go joint top, fantastic. Next job is to maintain.

I'm more so looking for a big performance from Ozil. If that guy doesn't turn up today.....Theo is talking about building around him and we have to an extent. We have Cazorla next to him, someone that can provide a pass to him and even assist him with a goal and we have runners across the front line with pace. This is the game. He has to turn up. It's now or never.

All the players need to treat this like a cup final after last week's game. If it's another jellyback, soft and weak performance, heads need to roll. The senior players I'm looking at. Merts, Cech and Monreal need to show leadership. Guide Gabriel and Bellerin if they're out of position or lack focus. Talk to them and talk during set pieces. No disorganised chaos like we've seen previously. Van Gaal will exploit that weakness.

Not too long to go. We can do this.

Munchies
04-10-2015, 07:59 AM
COYG :scarf:

Munchies
04-10-2015, 08:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=38&v=kn5MTAxTVUo

AFC Leveller
04-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Wenger with a sly dig at Chewsea, "this is the first massive game at the top of the table for us" :lol:

adzzzbatch
04-10-2015, 11:53 AM
1 win in 13 against this lot in the league :doh:

Please do 'em today Arsenal :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 02:00 PM
Would you happily take a cheated win today?

I would tbf.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 02:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQemk-SXAAAqO3K.jpg

Man United: De Gea, Young, Smalling, Blind, Darmian, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Rooney, Memphis, Martial.
Subs: Romero, Jones, McNair, Schneiderlin, Valenca, Fellaini, Wilson.

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Would you happily take a cheated win today?

I would tbf.

A cheated win with Rooney screaming his head off would be the IDEAL outcome. But I'll settle for any win.

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 02:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQemk-SXAAAqO3K.jpg

Man United: De Gea, Young, Smalling, Blind, Darmian, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Rooney, Memphis, Martial.
Subs: Romero, Jones, McNair, Schneiderlin, Valenca, Fellaini, Wilson.

So far so good. If he has some tactics to go with that selection we might be in business.

Marc Overmars
04-10-2015, 02:06 PM
I really hope we win.

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Ashley Young starts - I knew he would. He'll be integral to Utd's strategy today and he's the best in the business now starfish has fucked off.

selassie
04-10-2015, 02:18 PM
I don't know about long term effects if we lose. I don't even know about the long term effects on a victory. The two FA Cup wins should have been a springboard for success and we've recently beaten all the big teams whether it be FA Cup (Man Utd) , Community Shield (Chelsea) and League (City) . We even have players that have beaten Bayern and Dortmund. I really don't know what it will take for this team to get their shit together. So I'm not putting too much weight on the significance of this game. If we win and go joint top, fantastic. Next job is to maintain.

I'm more so looking for a big performance from Ozil. If that guy doesn't turn up today.....Theo is talking about building around him and we have to an extent. We have Cazorla next to him, someone that can provide a pass to him and even assist him with a goal and we have runners across the front line with pace. This is the game. He has to turn up. It's now or never.

All the players need to treat this like a cup final after last week's game. If it's another jellyback, soft and weak performance, heads need to roll. The senior players I'm looking at. Merts, Cech and Monreal need to show leadership. Guide Gabriel and Bellerin if they're out of position or lack focus. Talk to them and talk during set pieces. No disorganised chaos like we've seen previously. Van Gaal will exploit that weakness.

Not too long to go. We can do this.

:gp:

Aye, we definitely need a big performance today and especially from Ozil. I can accept not winning today, but I can't accept a poor weak performance.

I think both teams are fairly evenly matched which should give us the advantage as we are at home, if we play really well then we should definitely win. I'm really pumped for this, hope the boys turn up today!

AFC Leveller
04-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Man ure's left hand side will be where the danger comes from. Young can be tricky to mark, Martial and Deoay are pacey fuckers as well. We will need Rambo and Coq to help out and make sure Merts isn't isolated against their wingers/Martial as bellerin will push forward and leave space in behind.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 02:34 PM
Sky's hatchet job on us starts in a few minutes.

Globalgunner
04-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Is Mike Dean playing for United

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 02:43 PM
Is Mike Dean playing for United

No, not today. Betfair hired him for a game yesterday.

Power n Glory
04-10-2015, 02:48 PM
:gp:

Aye, we definitely need a big performance today and especially from Ozil. I can accept not winning today, but I can't accept a poor weak performance.

I think both teams are fairly evenly matched which should give us the advantage as we are at home, if we play really well then we should definitely win. I'm really pumped for this, hope the boys turn up today!

Just listening to Henry and he thinks the same so we're not alone in thinking Ozil needs to show up.

Master Splinter
04-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Anything other than a loss is a bonus in these games against Chelsea or United. Apart from the FA Cup win, everything always goes against us, from the ref, horrible deflections, a handful of injuries to our own shit finishing.

Our only chance here is Taylor somehow doing a professional job.

Disgusting 1-2, with two United pels from Rooney dives, Cech sent off in the first five minutes, Gabriel injured in the first ten minutes, Alexis misses eight sitters. All evidence points to this.

But I hope we win. Or something different happens for once.

Master Splinter
04-10-2015, 02:52 PM

Our recent home form is poor. We're better and less jittery away from home in pressure situations because there's not that constant anxiety from all corners.

AFC Leveller
04-10-2015, 02:53 PM
stream plz.

AFC Leveller
04-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Anything other than a loss is a bonus in these games against Chelsea or United. Apart from the FA Cup win, everything always goes against us, from the ref, horrible deflections, a handful of injuries to our own shit finishing.

Our only chance here is Taylor somehow doing a professional job.

Disgusting 1-2, with two United pels from Rooney dives, Cech sent off in the first five minutes, Gabriel injured in the first ten minutes, Alexis misses eight sitters. All evidence points to this.

But I hope we win. Or something different happens for once.

last season we lost 1-2 at home and i couldnt believe how. We were all over them and missed some really easy chances and conceded a deflected goal after their shot (off target) of the game.

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 02:56 PM
Ozil has to support Theo today when we get the ball, he has to take a few risks because there will be zero space in behind Utd's defence and Theo won't be able to create space on his own. That means Cazorla will have to be DISCIPLINED in the middle. Which is why it's dumb he's playing there at all, but we have to go with what we have. If he leaves Coquelin on his own to cover everything we'll ship a lot of goals today.

Penguin
stream plz.

http://www.crichd.tv/watch/176/arsenal-vs-manchester-united-live-streaming/

McNamara That Ghost...
Neville co-commentating. :sick:

Marc Overmars
04-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Come on you Gunners!!!

Let's do this shit.

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 02:57 PM
stream plz.

http://www.ronaldo7.net/
Stream #2 working well

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 02:59 PM
Come on Arsenal. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 03:01 PM
Özil. :cloud9:

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 03:02 PM
Taylor gave us a FK!

Power n Glory
So far so good Ozil.

Munchies
Missing the first half

in for the updates

COYG

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Good pressure early on.

Marc Overmars
04-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Purposeful start

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Alexis header, drifts wide.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Great rugby tackle from Schweinsteiger on Gabriel.

Munchies
04-10-2015, 03:05 PM
http://www.ronaldo7.net/
Stream #2 working well

top site this, using it for last year or so!

Definitely bookmark it

Niall_Quinn
Should have been a penalty and Taylor saw it too because he spoke to Schweinsteiger.

McNamara That Ghost...
ALEXIS!!!!!! :bow:

Master Splinter
ALEXIS!!!!!!

A Gunner
1 - 0 Alexis!!!

Marc Overmars
Alexis!!!

Come on!!!!!

Great start

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 03:06 PM
ALEXIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YES!

Kano
What a finish!

Shaqiri Is Boss
United are average.

Any bit of quality should be a routine win.

Just like that.

Marc Overmars
What a fucking finish

Munchies
yay!!!!!!

Master Splinter
Don't concede straight away FFS.

McNamara That Ghost...
ÖZIL!!!!!!!!!!!

Kano
Fuck yes!

Master Splinter
OZIL!!!!!!

A Gunner
2 - 0 Ozil!!!

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 03:07 PM
Pure genius from the player who is not as good as Azzah.

Marc Overmars
Wow!!!

Niall_Quinn
Some anonymous guy makes it 2-0!

GP
BLITZKRIEG!!

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Theo and Bellerin on both goals. Proper football.

DON'T SIT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go for the 3rd!

Power n Glory
Come on!!!!!

adzzzbatch
Fucking amazing!!!!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
BLITZKRIEG!!

We did sign an outfield player. :bow:

Munchies
Holy shit!!!

Get in!!!!

Power n Glory
04-10-2015, 03:09 PM
Don't blink. Ozil has shown up for the big game. Come on!

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Merts :doh: FFS - play it FORWARD! Don't slow the fucking game.

Munchies
04-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Don't blink. Ozil has shown up for the big game. Come on!

It's true

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 03:11 PM
Horrid from Wazza.

AFC Leveller
come on you fucking gooners

Marc Overmars
Long overdue reward for the amount of times we pump them and don't get rewarded.

Niall_Quinn
Suddenly Ramsey is playing football.

Globalgunner
04-10-2015, 03:12 PM
lets do these jumped up pubbers good and proper for once.

Munchies
04-10-2015, 03:13 PM
1-0 Alexis
https://streamable.com/xgh7

2-0 Ozil
https://streamable.com/iudt

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 03:17 PM
Well done BFG.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Darmian. :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 03:19 PM
ALEXIS!!! WHAT A PLAYER!!!!!!

Marc Overmars
Oh my god!!!!!!

A Gunner
3 - 0 Alexis!!!

Master Splinter
ALEXIS!!!!!!!

Kano
What the fuck is this team about? From midweek to this?? Jesus!

GP
04-10-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm not going to lie. He's the best player in the league.

Niall_Quinn
So basically we've got the best player in the PL and anyone who thinks otherwise isn't watching.

3-0 The man scores again.

Master Splinter
Ramsey and Theo have been brilliant so far too.

Marc Overmars
I want 8 :coffee:

Globalgunner
OMG...Dreamland!!!!!!

Munchies
Fuck sake Im missing this!

Sign Alexis up for life, what a fuckin player

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-10-2015, 03:21 PM
"She canee take the strain capt'n!"

Sorry, we couldn't complete your request due to a temporary fault.

Power n Glory
04-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Oh the glorious day! We are pounding them!

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 03:22 PM
Ramsey hacked down, obvious booking for Youngy.

Run at him!

Munchies
We want 10!

Globalgunner
Young. What a scrote. I hate that fker

GP
04-10-2015, 03:23 PM
A week ago he was still waiting for a goal. Now he's got 6!

Kano
04-10-2015, 03:23 PM
We have to push for four, five. Absolutely pound the shit out of these jokers and get midweek well and truly out of our system.

IBK
04-10-2015, 03:24 PM
I honestly don't believe this. Just shows what the right mentality can do.

Niall_Quinn
Theo is all over the pitch. He's tackling FFS!

McNamara That Ghost...
Cazorla shot, wide it goes. Good effort though.

selassie
This is just beautiful, complete performance!

Munchies
04-10-2015, 03:25 PM
We have to push for four, five. Absolutely pound the shit out of these jokers and get midweek well and truly out of our system.

7 imo

Globalgunner
04-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Special mention should go to Coq for his part in that 3rd goal. We have a real player on our hands

Shaqiri Is Boss
04-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Darmian is being torn to pieces, their midfield is being overrun. Hang on, was that Schneithingy on the bench? :blink:

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 03:26 PM
First time Bellerin hasn't been tight on his man. Let's not start sleeping now.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Wazza and Depay. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Darmain booked. As cynical as it gets, he was getting shafted by Alexis there.

Slacker
04-10-2015, 03:30 PM
I hope this ref behaves. We all know how dodge he's been for us in the past.

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Darmian won't last the match. He's being slaughtered.

Slacker
04-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Looks like he wants to even it up.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 03:33 PM
BFG was just teasing.

How Wazza wasn't given offside is stupid.

Niall_Quinn
WTF?????????? OFFSIDE FFS!

McNamara That Ghost...
Ramsey rubberlegs! :haha:

Marc Overmars
04-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Ramsey :doh:

Kano
Gotta score that Rambo!

Niall_Quinn
Ramsey :doh:

But super play.

Master Splinter
Ramsey :doh:.

IBK
04-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Seriously what's up with Rambo?

McNamara That Ghost...
Bellerin boots it out of play. Fast transition again though.

Niall_Quinn
Alexis and Ozil are just stupidly good players.

Marc Overmars
Come on boys, don't let that wastefulness creep in.

Globalgunner
Ramsey. What a miss

Mertesacker really should been better off playing basketball

Niall_Quinn
Hector :doh:

Master Splinter
Bellerin :doh:.

The good kicking is on if we take a bit more care and don't rush.

Kano
04-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Seriously what's up with Rambo?

Too easy for him. An overhead backheel from the edge of the box would've been a certain goal.

Munchies
we need to keep scoring

f these cunts

Niall_Quinn
Didn't look offside to me, especially given that fucking stupid Rooney non-decision.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Terrible from Rooney. :lol:

Kano
Rooney :lol:

Niall_Quinn
Calm down Theo. Relax and there's a couple of goals in this for you.

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Is that a "shot" on goal for Utd?

McNamara That Ghost...
04-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Theo went for it amazingly early. :lol:

adzzzbatch
04-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Should be 6-0, we're all over these sorry fuckers!!

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Theo :doh:

BUT - he won the fucking ball in midfield - WTF? Why doesn't he play like this every week?

Master Splinter
04-10-2015, 03:40 PM
They're getting too excited now. Calm it down.

Kano
Rooney again :lol: just take him off

Globalgunner
Doubtful Theo will ever make the step up to top shelf. His decision making is so poor

Niall_Quinn
Cech :haha: Almost contemptuous.

IBK
04-10-2015, 03:41 PM
This was a game for Ospina ha ha.

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 03:42 PM
We're mucking about now.

Slacker
04-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Young going down like he's been shot. Ref buys it as usual.

Globalgunner
04-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Mustnt let them back into it. No way

McNamara That Ghost...
What a save from Cech to deny Martial!

A Gunner
Excellent save by Cech

Marc Overmars
Wake up Arsenal. Not half time yet.

Cech :bow:

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 03:45 PM
Cech :bow:

But awful defending.

IBK
Don't lose concentration!

Slacker
Normal service has been resumed. WTF are we doing???

Kano
04-10-2015, 03:46 PM
One shot at goal :lol:

Niall_Quinn
04-10-2015, 03:46 PM
How can a giant like Merts be out-muscled like that? Shocking. When is Kos back?

Munchies
04-10-2015, 03:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQe5WuUW8AA5PMb.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQe7PkbW8AAyUOF.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQe9MgMW8AAPMFF.png

Niall_Quinn
This was a game for Ospina ha ha.

As it turns out - no.

McNamara That Ghost...
Don't be dead Alexis. :(

McNamara That Ghost...
Arsenal 3-0 Man Utd, HT. :bow:

Not bad.

Globalgunner
Merts. Dont let that kid muck you about.

Commentator had to mention the Giggs goal ..again. with Utd 3 goals down. Muppets!