PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Grebbo
30-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Why aren't we moving shite like this on?!

Because they're shite and nobody, apart from Wenger, wants them.

Marc Overmars
30-06-2011, 10:49 PM
But Wenger has such an eye for young talent, surely someone must want them? :coffee:

BOBN
30-06-2011, 10:52 PM
the reason I dont rate nasri is hes not even good at the tippy-tappy stuff. just does a bunch of unimaginative, cowardly back passes, he has no vision whatsover with his passing frankly. so if he cant be that be direct in taking players on...no, cant do that, too weak. score and assist then....nopey.

now hleb was a player who was good at the link play. absolutely superb. we'll look back one day on the hleb-flamini-cesc-rosicky and realise they were the only wenger side that could be mistaken for barcelona in the way they used the ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IghPkGt77Q0
hleeeeeb :crying:

Ollie the Optimist
30-06-2011, 10:53 PM
That's what Mancini has done, and they were accused of being boring, but finished ahead of us and won a trophy. You need solidarity before you can play the pretty stuff, its common sense, but Wenger is too far up his own backside and thinks endless attacking play will always win out.

What use is attractive football if you can't even defend set pieces, bread and butter stuff or be organized well enough to defend as a team all over the pitch?

this is the team taht when played the top four put then men behind the goaline both home and away and accepted a draw if they got it? oh and spent a gabillion quid. they deserve fuck all credit for finishing above us. if scum didnt fuck, if we didnt, and liverpool actaully played like they should then they would be not even playing europa league

Sirjackofwilshere
30-06-2011, 10:57 PM
the reason I dont rate nasri is hes not even good at the tippy-tappy stuff. just does a bunch of unimaginative, cowardly back passes, he has no vision whatsover with his passing frankly. so if he cant be that be direct in taking players on...no, cant do that, too weak. score and assist then....nopey.

now hleb was a player who was good at the link play. absolutely superb. we'll look back one day on the hleb-flamini-cesc-rosicky and realise they were the only wenger side that could be mistaken for barcelona in the way they used the ball

Too right..that midfield was the best midfield we've ever had imo.

As for the transfers...FFS all our top class are pissing off and the dog shit pieces of wanking crap are stuck on the undersole of our club, obstinante and refusing to fuck off.

Marc Overmars
30-06-2011, 10:58 PM
@ollie

That's a lot of ifs

AKBapologist
30-06-2011, 11:00 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2010055/Gael-Clichy-Samir-Nasri-set-Manchester-City.html

Marc Overmars
30-06-2011, 11:01 PM

We were incredibly good for the first half of that season. Easily the best and most consistent football we've played since the Invincibles.

But naturally of course we fucked it up as usual and lost half of that midfield in the summer, then we were back to square one. :(

Ollie the Optimist
30-06-2011, 11:03 PM
@ollie

That's a lot of ifs

true but lets face it, we fucked up gifting citeh third. they deserve no credit for third. cunts of a club

milla
30-06-2011, 11:08 PM

This has nothing to do with Nasri. Rozza, Cesc, Hleb, Flamini, RVP and The whore were much more balance combination/dynamic than our current front six. :coffee:

Syn
30-06-2011, 11:08 PM

I love you.

(no homo)

milla
30-06-2011, 11:11 PM
We were incredibly good for the first half of that season. Easily the best and most consistent football we've played since the Invincibles.

But naturally of course we fucked it up as usual and lost half of that midfield in the summer, then we were back to square one. :(

We lost Rozza and RVP on the 2nd half of the season, Eboue took over the right flank and the rest was history.

Marc Overmars
30-06-2011, 11:14 PM
We should get Hleb back for a laugh tbh.

AKBapologist
30-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Here, this should male you all feel better
:lol:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-linked-shock-move-for-Manchester-United-defender-John-O-Shea-article754696.html

AKBapologist
30-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Also
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3670754/Arsenal-snatch-Gervinho-from-under-Tottenhams-noses.html

Ollie the Optimist
30-06-2011, 11:22 PM

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-linked-shock-move-for-Manchester-United-defender-John-O-Shea-article754696.html

wouldnt be that bad. not as first choice of course but underrated imo.

Marc Overmars
30-06-2011, 11:22 PM

:haha:

Marc Overmars
30-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Also
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3670754/Arsenal-snatch-Gervinho-from-under-Tottenhams-noses.html

Seems pretty much done and dusted then.

Gezza. :bow:

Cripps_orig
30-06-2011, 11:26 PM
This summer, the Catalan club have turned down "substantial" offers from England for midfield starlet Thiago Alcantara, says his father, who is also his agent. Arsenal, Manchester United and Bolton were all understood to be interested in signing the Spain Under-21 ace this summer.
Full story: talkSPORT

Arsenal are lining up a club record bid for Anderlecht's highly-rated teenage striker Romelu Lukaku.
Full story: caughtoffside.com

The Gunners remain keen on Bolton defender Gary Cahill. Wanderers want £17m for the player but Arsenal may offer Henri Lansbury or Ignasi Miguel in part exchange.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Thank fuck we aren't getting the barcunt nobody

Would love Lukaku here

Cahills shit

Mr. Lahey
30-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Thank fuck we aren't getting the barcunt nobody

Would love Lukaku here

Cahills shit

good player not at that price though

Marc Overmars
30-06-2011, 11:29 PM
We're not signing Cahill. That rumour needs to GTFO.

hymppi
01-07-2011, 07:32 AM
the rumors on the net say AW is planning to buy o'shea from manu to cover for leaving clichy.
:banghead:

it's almost like silvestre-thing again.

ffs.

hymppi
01-07-2011, 07:56 AM
lolz:

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/7011707/Alt.-Rumour-Mill?

Johnny And Al's Alternative Rumour Mill
Bored of the usual transfer nonsense? Then read about Arsene Wenger getting sick of the Fabregas 'bollocks', Big Sam signing Masterchef's Gregg Wallace and more...

Last Updated: 30/06/11 at 15:45 Post Comment

Samir Nasri: I Want To Play Men's Football
Arsenal Ladies favourite Samir Nasri is "excited" about a rumoured move to Manchester United. "There's no reason why some of the best players in our team could not compete with the top men," said the forward. "To be honest, I am a bit sick of having to defend our sport: in this day and age, why should I have to justify playing football for a living? I expect a lot of the critics of Arsenal Ladies and teams like us would expect me to be stuck in the kitchen or doing the hoovering and looking after babies. Well, this is 2011, not 1951, thank you very much, and there is no reason why I can't play alongside the blokes and show them a thing or two."

City Aim High
Manchester City have offered Barcelona "all the money on earth" to buy Lionel Messi, and Barcelona are prepared to sell. The club released a statement which declared, "We will sell Messi for all the money on earth, because once we own the world's wealth we will become a world government, albeit one which messes around a lot, feigns injury and then does something really brilliant that will impress shallow people."

Big Man At Back For Hammers?
Sam Allardyce is set to sign Masterchef eating phenomenon Gregg Wallace in a bid to give the Hammers defence a biscuity, buttery base.

"I like a man with a big head and a big heart - and Gregg's heart is massive," said Allardyce, as he ate from a giant trough of baked beans garnished with a couple of dead dogs. "Honestly, his heart is the size of a football, but that's probably just the saturated fats to be fair, and we can get that down to normal size with a bit of gym work, no problem."

"Mmmmm. Saturated fats," added the Hammers boss, staring off into the middle distance and licking his lips.

Test Tube Blues Spunking Money Away Yet Again
Chelsea have confirmed they have signed all of John Terry's spermatoza on a unique 20-year development deal. A club spokesman said: "Big JT's little JTs embody the spunky spirit of Chelsea; and this deal will also help to reduce the average age of the squad."

Toon Totty Vow
Newcastle's new French signing Sylvain Marveaux admits he has only come to the north east in order to "have the standing-up sex with big booby girls called Tracey in that alleyway off the Bigg Market" and "lots of beer with the lads, like". His agent has since claimed the player was quoted out of context.

Arsène: I'm Pig-Sick Of The Whole Cesc Thing
Arsenal have decided to give Cesc Fabregas away to Barcelona for free. Speaking from the public bar of the Drayton Arms, over by the fruity, an animated Arsène Wenger said: "Everyone is bored stupid by this whole Fabregas bollocks. He's just not worth all the bloody newsprint dedicated to him so I'm driving him to Barcelona myself to get rid of the hairy little hobbit. He'll be lucky if I don't punch him in the face for the whole of the journey. Now leave me alone, I'm trying to have a drink here."

Delia Hits Back
Norwich City have denied that they are trying to buy players in return for very nicely cooked ramekins of crème brûlée and perfectly poached sea trout.

Black Cats In Striker Crisis
Steve Bruce has commented on his new striking signing, saying: "To be fair, for that sort of money, I thought we'd bought one lad called Connor and one called Wickham."

John Nicholson and Alan Tyers

Marc Overmars
01-07-2011, 08:03 AM
We're in talks with oxo cube kid according to SSN.

Yay

Japan Shaking All Over
01-07-2011, 08:05 AM
:popcorn::lol:

Nasri this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7HMcVWJ4lkc/TMwsw4ceJCI/AAAAAAAAAXk/77uiIqZe7Uw/s1600/i_love_myself_and_thats_all_that_matters.jpg

Özim
01-07-2011, 08:48 AM
We're in talks with oxo cube kid according to SSN.

Yay
Oxo cube isn't a bad player to be fair, seems to have some decent skills.

He's not however a ready made replacement for any first teamers that might leave.

Coney
01-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Oxo cube kid? :unsure:

LDG
01-07-2011, 09:05 AM

Oxface Chambermaid :good:

GP
01-07-2011, 09:05 AM

Oxtail-Chambermaid

KSE Comedy Club
01-07-2011, 09:06 AM

Alex oxlade-chamberlain

Coney
01-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks x 3 :)

Darth Vela
01-07-2011, 09:53 AM
John O' Shea :bow:

PL experience, proven winner and a bit of a dick, exactly what we need.

If it wasn't for Silvestre it'd be laughable though, anyone doubt that Jenkinson will be back up at RB and an option at LB instead of O'Shea?

LDG
01-07-2011, 09:58 AM
If we buy O' Shea, I'll shit on Wengers back door step, as well as through his letterbox.

If things turn out bad, I'm gonna need some serious carbo loading the week of 13th August. There's gonna be so much shit on Wengers property, he'll need to hang on to Denilson, purely for the clean up job. At least he'll clear from side to side, rather than up and down. Bit like how I wipe my arse.

Rant over.

Darth Vela
01-07-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm not sure it counts as a rant when most of the post was about shit, then again there's a few rants I've read out there that seem to consist of nothing but shit.

Carry on shitting, then.

Xhaka Can’t
01-07-2011, 10:18 AM
this is the team taht when played the top four put then men behind the goaline both home and away and accepted a draw if they got it? oh and spent a gabillion quid. they deserve fuck all credit for finishing above us. if scum didnt fuck, if we didnt, and liverpool actaully played like they should then they would be not even playing europa league

Did you suffer from a mild stroke while typing that?

Boss
01-07-2011, 10:48 AM
09.56 Lille star Gervinho claims he is on the verge of sealing his move to Arsenal, but has hit out at one of his new team-mates. "Do not compare me to [Marouane] Chamakh. I'm going to Arsenal to play and be in the action. I'm not going there to sit on bench," he said.

http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove/

Liking him already :bow: :bow: :bow:

Kano
01-07-2011, 10:49 AM
one dickhead leaves and another one strolls in...

actually, it proves how easy people are sucked into the headlines

Asked if it was a risk swapping first-team football at Lille for a place in a squad with more competition for places, the forward replied: "A risk? Not at all. I'm going to Arsenal to play. The best risk to take is to look to score goals and to play a lot.

"In football you have to take risks if you want to win. I'm going to Arsenal to win."

Arsenal's initial bid of £7 million had reportedly been rejected, but negotiations continue and a move is expected soon. Speaking to France Football, Gervinho also revealed he never had any doubt he would be moving to the Emirates Stadium.

"I had no hesitation. None. But in a transfer there's always a period of analysis and negotiations,'' he said. "All sides had to be satisfied so that things could develop smoothly.

"I'm going there to play, not to be on the bench. Arsenal love the game. And I love teams that love the game. The Premier League is a notch above [the rest]. It's maybe the best league in the world. I want to live that sensation."

Darth Vela
01-07-2011, 10:50 AM

That's pretty good. Hopefully it puts a bit of fire in Chamakh to show otherwise.

Coney
01-07-2011, 10:51 AM
09.56 Lille star Gervinho claims he is on the verge of sealing his move to Arsenal, but has hit out at one of his new team-mates. "Do not compare me to [Marouane] Chamakh. I'm going to Arsenal to play and be in the action. I'm not going there to sit on bench," he said.

Liking him already :bow: :bow: :bow:

:lol: Make him captain!

Hump
01-07-2011, 11:13 AM
My aunty Doris knows the tea lady at the training ground and she has heard a rumour about transfer involving Messi.

Have clarified this with her. It seems our transfer policy is a bit messy.

LDG
01-07-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm absolved from my earlier poor joke.

That, Hump, is fucking awful.

Kaiser
01-07-2011, 11:18 AM

:gp:

WengerISaLizard
01-07-2011, 11:19 AM
who the better player between Wicks and chambermaid? they both look meh tbh

Xhaka Can’t
01-07-2011, 11:24 AM

You got lucky today.

LDG
01-07-2011, 11:28 AM
You got lucky today.

GWFP.

:dance:

Marc Overmars
01-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Gezza for ripping Chamakh. :bow:

LDG
01-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Gezza for ripping Chamakh. :bow:

He's got a ski-slope, on his head!
He's got a ski-slope, on his head!
He's got a skiii-slope, on his head!
And he hates marouane chamakh!

LDG
01-07-2011, 11:53 AM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn117/luvmegooners/gervinho.jpg

hymppi
01-07-2011, 12:00 PM
part of the deal for him is that he has to shave that stupid hair of his.

Cripps_orig
01-07-2011, 12:07 PM
July 1st

Have we bought anyone yet?

Didnt think so.

The "wait til July 1st" brigade :pal:

Cripps_orig
01-07-2011, 12:09 PM
GARY CAHILL'S move to Arsenal hit a stumbling block as Bolton knocked back the chance to take Nicklas Bendtner in part exchange.

The Gunners are favourites to land the £17million-rated England defender, although Tottenham are also keen.
But Wanderers boss Owen Coyle turned his nose up at the chance to take Denmark international Bendtner, who looks surplus to requirements at the Emirates.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3670421/Gary-Cahills-move-to-Arsenal-on-hold-as-Bolton-snub-Nicklas-Bendtner.html#ixzz1Qr3ohbKi

Bendtner :haha:

hymppi
01-07-2011, 12:13 PM
bendy and denilson...no one wants them. sad really.

oh, wait. no it isn't.

Unai Tea
01-07-2011, 12:15 PM

Owen Coyle knows Bendtner is too good for Bolton. He realises their mid-table status would not be able to cope with the pure class, transcendent skills and lofty ambitions of the world's greatest striker.

Unai Tea
01-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Nicklas Bendtner's father and agent, Thomas, claims his son is attracting interest from 'all the big leagues'.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7012801,00.html

Big stupid donkey. No one likes him 'cept his dad.

Big stupid donkey:fingers:

Özim
01-07-2011, 01:35 PM
July 1st

Have we bought anyone yet?

Didnt think so.

The "wait til July 1st" brigade :pal:
Don't forget the "waiting period", every club has that.

Also we can't go out and buy players for 50 million!

Unfortunately it's either cheap nobodies or 50 million stars, there's no other options apparently!

Fist of Lehmann
01-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Did you suffer from a mild stroke while typing that?

They put ten men behind the goal line?

With tactics like that it's no wonder they were happy with a draw.

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2011, 02:28 PM

Got to hand it to the kid, he's going to keep his 100% record of fucking things up for the club right up until the door hits his fat useless arse on the way out. What a waste of time and money this guy has been, along with so many of the others.

4-3-3
01-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Got to hand it to the kid, he's going to keep his 100% record of fucking things up for the club right up until the door hits his fat useless arse on the way out. What a waste of time and money this guy has been, along with so many of the others.

Bentner is legend.no matter what u ppl think about him.

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Bentner is legend.no matter what u ppl think about him.

Just do us all a favour and get lost Nick!

4-3-3
01-07-2011, 02:43 PM
let get serious ppl. when is press conf?:-(

Hump
01-07-2011, 02:50 PM
ITs 1900 hRs UK time PPL Cant w8. Lulz

Boss
01-07-2011, 02:53 PM
There is no press conference lads.

Coney
01-07-2011, 02:57 PM
There is no press conference lads.

It's all a misunderstanding. Wenger likes pear juice and they mentioned he was having a conference presse.

4-3-3
01-07-2011, 03:05 PM
wenger out.

Cripps_orig
01-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Looks like we arent getting Chambermaid

Marc Overmars
01-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Oh noes

Cripps_orig
01-07-2011, 03:28 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7013420,00.html

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/07/01/2556094/if-arsenal-wanted-to-put-a-bid-in-theyd-put-a-bid-in-the

Mr.Singh
01-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Where are the ITK cunts from twitter now???

Cripps_orig
01-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Where are the ITK cunts from twitter now???

Probably on the way back from school

Marc Overmars
01-07-2011, 03:52 PM

Özim
01-07-2011, 04:02 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7013420,00.html

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/07/01/2556094/if-arsenal-wanted-to-put-a-bid-in-theyd-put-a-bid-in-the
We want to get everything agreed first then bid for him :run:

Cripps_orig
01-07-2011, 05:30 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7013363,00.html

Bendtner senior is a bit of a muppet

Japan Shaking All Over
01-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Suppose we can see where Nic gets all of his traits we dont like from

big mouth and over inflated ego

wherever it is

must go

Toronto Gooner
01-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Probably on the way back from school
Most likely kindergarten.

Master Splinter
01-07-2011, 07:43 PM
must go

I like this.

I will use it. But it must be d of course.

As in, Fabregas is a Must Go.

Master Splinter
01-07-2011, 08:35 PM
West Bromwich Albion goalkeeper Scott Carson has completed a move to Turkish side Bursaspor for an undisclosed fee.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13906698.stm

:unsure:

They must want to be relegated.

AKBapologist
01-07-2011, 09:06 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11661_7013209,00+en-USS_01DBC.html
Bidding/Wage war with chelsea for defenders to commence in 3... 2... 1...

And more on Marketing
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7014028,00.html

AKBapologist
01-07-2011, 09:17 PM
@Mirrorfootball-
Gary Cahill's move to Arsenal looks a no go-er. Arsenal are is refusing to budge on his £13m valuation, and meet Bolton's £17m valuation.
Chelsea look clear favourites for him now.

http://i.imm.io/71hZ.jpeg
Pitchforks time? Or still too soon?

AKBapologist
01-07-2011, 09:24 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8611664/Samir-Nasri-nears-Arsenal-exit-as-Chelsea-join-Manchester-United-and-Manchester-City-in-hunt-for-midfielder.html

AKBapologist
01-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Guardian reporting it now...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/01/samir-nasri-chelsea-arsenal?CMP=twt_gu

Seems like there might be fire beyond all of this smoke.

Some - good news

@Youngunsblog - BBC reporting Gervinho has been granted a work permit, as expected. He's back from holiday on Monday.

Boss
01-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Guardian reporting it now...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/01/samir-nasri-chelsea-arsenal?CMP=twt_gu

Seems like there might be fire beyond all of this smoke.

Some - good news

@Youngunsblog - BBC reporting Gervinho has been granted a work permit, as expected. He's back from holiday on Monday.

Need to get all of these clubs into a bidding war and sell him for 25-30M.

And then we need to keep Fabregas.

Mr.Singh
01-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Wenger is expecting movement late July and early August and also analyze gaps in other teams WTF???? The guy has lost the plot and I hate this wanker and he should die

Joker
01-07-2011, 09:47 PM
@Mirrorfootball-
Gary Cahill's move to Arsenal looks a no go-er. Arsenal are is refusing to budge on his £13m valuation, and meet Bolton's £17m valuation.
Chelsea look clear favourites for him now.

http://i.imm.io/71hZ.jpeg
Pitchforks time? Or still too soon?

Fucking hell, we're squabbling over a mere £4M? This is another example of the club knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing. Cahill's defensive abilities will improve our defence immensely, especially in dealing with long balls and the aerial threat. He could be a crucial component of a new title/cup winning formula, but the board, only bothered about financial considerations, are worrying about the £4M difference in valuation, and are probably on their calculators trying to compute the discounted value of the return on investing in Cahill.

The board are so far out of touch it's unbelievable. If their parsimony screws up this deal I'll be extremely pissed off at the cunts running our club.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-07-2011, 10:07 PM
260 pages gone and were still no where we were. Oh to be an Arsenal fan around Transfer time.

Keith
01-07-2011, 10:27 PM
We are 10% away from being great.

isv
01-07-2011, 10:52 PM
skysports news are saying real madrid have made an offer for fabregas, 45 million.....

Master Splinter
01-07-2011, 10:59 PM
The guy has lost the plot and I hate this wanker and he should die

Haters gonna hate.

And derpers gonna herp.

Ollie the Optimist
01-07-2011, 11:09 PM
skysports news are saying real madrid have made an offer for fabregas, 45 million.....

for the love of god sell him to them for nothing other then the look on cuntolonas faces when he wears the white of madrid. all the fucking about saying wear and tear and shit and wenger sticks a massive two fingers up at them and sells to madrid

Cripps_orig
01-07-2011, 11:20 PM
I'd love it, absolutely love it if he went to Real.

Real :bow:

Cripps_orig
01-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Arsenal and Chelsea are also interested in the 6ft 5in Blues defender, whose proposed £12m move to Stoke collapsed last week.

Real Madrid could lodge a bid for Arsenal captain and long-term Barcelona target Cesc Fabregas, 24.
Full story: skysports.com

Barcelona want to pay the Gunners just £8.5m, or 25% of the total transfer fee of £34m, this summer for Fabregas.

Samir Nasri is set to tell Arsenal that he wants to leave the club and Manchester United will make a formal bid for the 24-year-old winger once he does.

Arsenal have told Italian side Roma that it will take a bid of at least £28m to prise Frenchman Nasri from the Emirates.
Full story: footybunker.com

Chelsea are ready to join the race to sign Nasri, who has rejected a five-year deal worth £90,000-a-week.
Full story: Daily Mail

Bolton defender Gary Cahill could become Andre Villas-Boas' first signing as Chelsea manager. The 25-year-old centre-half, who could cost around £17m, is also wanted by Arsenal and Tottenham.

£8.5m? Wtf?

What a joke Barca are

Toronto Gooner
02-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Fucking hell, we're squabbling over a mere £4M? This is another example of the club knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing. Cahill's defensive abilities will improve our defence immensely, especially in dealing with long balls and the aerial threat. He could be a crucial component of a new title/cup winning formula, but the board, only bothered about financial considerations, are worrying about the £4M difference in valuation, and are probably on their calculators trying to compute the discounted value of the return on investing in Cahill.

The board are so far out of touch it's unbelievable. If their parsimony screws up this deal I'll be extremely pissed off at the cunts running our club.
Would you pay a premium of 30% of your valuation for a car, or a house? Where should they draw the line? Is £10 million difference too much? Is £20 million?

If Barcelona offers £30 million and Arsenal value Fabregas at £40 million, should they just cave?

It is not just the £4 million here; it is the knock on effect. There will be negotiating: Arsenal will just pay whatever the selling clubs (and the Arsenal fans) demand.

As for the board being out of touch, I would (dis)respectfully suggest that it is some fans who have little grounding in reality when it comes to the financial aspects of running a business. While we support a "club", let's not lose track of the fact that this is a business and therefore it has to be run on sound business practices.

Unai Tea
02-07-2011, 01:50 AM
That's relatively sound reasoning but the car-player analogy doesn't work that well because cars are consumer products made to standardised specifications with a well-defined price range. Football players are unique and the value of each is highly subjective. We say Cahill is worth £13m and Bolton say he's worth £17m, neither is wrong.

Japan Shaking All Over
02-07-2011, 02:36 AM
We are 10% away from being great.

and 90% closer to looking like we havent got a Danny!

shit if Chelsea sneak in and nick Cahill after we have already shown interest I am going to go sparko, I know some (Cripps) says hes shit but he is exactly the kind of player we need
I try not to get too bothered about the speed we do things but it reminds me of whe you go to a club and cant pluck up the courage to go over to a fit sort and ask her to dance,just as you think theres nothing to lose, another guy moves in and youre left on your jack

Sort it out AW - I pray Chelsea want Dann, would he be bad for us?

Power n Glory
02-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Would you pay a premium of 30% of your valuation for a car, or a house? Where should they draw the line? Is £10 million difference too much? Is £20 million?

If Barcelona offers £30 million and Arsenal value Fabregas at £40 million, should they just cave?

It is not just the £4 million here; it is the knock on effect. There will be negotiating: Arsenal will just pay whatever the selling clubs (and the Arsenal fans) demand.

As for the board being out of touch, I would (dis)respectfully suggest that it is some fans who have little grounding in reality when it comes to the financial aspects of running a business. While we support a "club", let's not lose track of the fact that this is a business and therefore it has to be run on sound business practices.

In the end, these sort of decisions will have consequences on the pitch. We can easily spare £4m and if we keep negotiating like this, we'll end up with nothing. We're losing players because of this. Like us fans, players want to see key areas strengthened but we're messing around. We've signed Jenkinson and it looks like we're signing Gervinho but if money is tight, why have we signed two players with no Prem experience in none essential positions? Our defence was identified as a key weakness area and Wenger hinted at signing Prem based players to help us cope. An experienced Prem CB should have been our first signing. But I doubt Wenger will buy a CB. He'll stick with the two clowns we signed last season.

Also, over the last 10 - 15 years, house prices have gone up by a considerable amount. We seem to think time has stood still and we can still buy quality players for less than £10m. It's not 1996 anymore. If you're going to compare football to the housing market then you have to take price inflation into consideration.

alexander
02-07-2011, 07:20 AM
£8.5m? Wtf?

What a joke Barca are

This is the type of shit that awalys happens to us, in the old days we used to coin it in on players, now we just get raped. Henry went for 18, PV4 for 11 or something.

Please please sell him to Madrid. That would be the funniest shit ever!

Keith
02-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Fabregas and Alonso in the middle, what a pair that would be.

Power n Glory
02-07-2011, 08:59 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/198934/Robin-van-Persie-wants-out-of-Arsenal/

Daily Star - RVP wants out.

No quotes and probably made up BS, but I wouldn't doubt he's feeling that way. He stalled on his last contract talks and I'm pretty sure he and Cesc had a good talk about the future while away on holiday.

Also, we've had an offer in for Arshavin. It's open season on Arsenal.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-07-2011, 09:05 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/198934/Robin-van-Persie-wants-out-of-Arsenal/

Daily Star - RVP wants out.

No quotes and probably made up BS, but I wouldn't doubt he's feeling that way. He stalled on his last contract talks and I'm pretty sure he and Cesc had a good talk about the future while away on holiday.

Also, we've had an offer in for Arshavin. It's open season on Arsenal.

No suprise RVP wants out (if true) all our other players do, Seems like we could have a major overhaul at this rate.

Joker
02-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Don't care if RVP leaves. He's injured most of the time anyway, and when he does play he only ends up scoring against relatively weak teams, disappearing when we really need him against the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd etc. He's also showing himself up to be a bit of a prick by asking to leave, especially as the club has backed him throughout his career, from the rape case in 2005 through the succession of injuries from 2007 onwards. If he wants to go, tell him to fuck off I say, and get a proper striker in who can last the whole season.

Boss
02-07-2011, 09:37 AM
The idiocy displayed on here is remarkable at times.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Don't care if RVP leaves. He's injured most of the time anyway, and when he does play he only ends up scoring against relatively weak teams, disappearing when we really need him against the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd etc. He's also showing himself up to be a bit of a prick by asking to leave, especially as the club has backed him throughout his career, from the rape case in 2005 through the succession of injuries from 2007 onwards. If he wants to go, tell him to fuck off I say, and get a proper striker in who can last the whole season.

So Cesc and Nasri want to leave its ok but soon as RVP may want to leave he ain't Loyal. yep see how that works out. Stop being a prick

Boss
02-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Also... :coffee:

With Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy all seemingly likely to leave the Emirates this summer, boss Arsene Wenger could now also be forced to look for a replacement for his diminutive playmaker.

According to the Sun, Galatasaray are prepared to pay £13.5 million to lure Arshavin to Turkey, while his former club Zenit St Petersburg are also in the running for his signature.
Wenger is keen to freshen up his attacking options ahead of the new season and is poised to complete the signing of Lille striker Gervinho for £11 million.

As such, it is thought that he is prepared to listen to offers for Arshavin, whose contract in north London runs out next summer.

However, the French manager is less likely to be happy to see star players such as Fabregas and Nasri depart and is sure to have key positions to fill before the new campaign kicks off in August.

Spaniard Fabregas is repeatedly being linked with a return to former club Barcelona, while Nasri is attracting interest from Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/868099-andrey-arshavin-next-to-depart-in-arsenal-exodus-as-turks-line-up-bid#ixzz1QwICZjBV

Joker
02-07-2011, 09:42 AM
So Cesc and Nasri want to leave its ok but soon as RVP may want to leave he ain't Loyal. yep see how that works out. Stop being a prick

I've already accused Cesc and Nasri of being fairweather players, who were primarily responsible for our shit end to the season. I put all 3 of them in the same category tbh, although in terms of overall contribution to Arsenal, Nasri definitely comes last because he's only ever performed well for 3 months.

alexander
02-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Really worrying times, if only half these rumours come true. This is the worst close season I can remember, I need a pick me up Arsenal, please!

milla
02-07-2011, 09:45 AM
The idiocy displayed on here is remarkable at times.

RVP just signed his contract last season, he is not going anywhere. The idiots never learns IMO :coffee:

Power n Glory
02-07-2011, 09:47 AM

Pay no attention to him. He just hates RVP and has his facts wrong. You can't take his comments seriously. Especially that crap about Chelsea and Man U. He's scored vital goals against the big boys.

Özim
02-07-2011, 09:51 AM
It's going really well so far, some kids signed up and maybe this Gervinho fella with no top level exeperience, meanwhile half our squad wants out.

You'd think Wenger would be more proactive, yes I know people will say wait till end of July, then the end of the transfer window (before that it was the 1st July, before that it was end of the season, before that it was xmas etc etc) as they always do, but come on we can't even get our own players signed up.

If they don't sign up just sell them replace them quickly...don't hang around till the end of the f*cking transfer window.

Cesc is pretty much off, I'd say Nasri is too as otherwise he surely would have by now, just lineup some replacements for them and sell them on and re-invest the money (yes I know most of it will be pocketed by the club as usual).

RomfordPele
02-07-2011, 09:52 AM
And some people STILL don't think the media is anti-Arsenal!!!

I think we should all chill a bit and see what happens.

Would be helpful if Wenger could pull a Benzema-shaped rabbit out of a hat though - to calm people down.

Power n Glory
02-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Anti Arsenal? It's just open season on us. We're selling our captain and two of our first team players don't want to sign their contracts.

There is no agenda, we just have a lot going on, the sort of stuff that sells papers.

Power n Glory
02-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Just read Le Grove. RVP and Walcott have 2 years left on their contracts. I can't see us opening contract talks now while we have such a hectic summer and team morale is low, so we'll probably start talks in January when they have 18 months left. We'll repeat the same mistakes again come next season if we don't get it right this summer.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Just read Le Grove. RVP and Walcott have 2 years left on their contracts. I can't see us opening contract talks now while we have such a hectic summer and team morale is low, so we'll probably start talks in January when they have 18 months left. We'll repeat the same mistakes again come next season if we don't get it right this summer.

You know it will happen while we give gibbs along term contract on 60K a week

Ollie the Optimist
02-07-2011, 10:43 AM

and i thought ach said the biggest load of shit on here. you really are an idiot at times. how the fuck did rvp go missing? last season he missed first half then banged in 20 odd goals in the buisness end of the season including setting the record for most goals in consecutive away matches

Cripps_orig
02-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Wtf? :doh:

Marc Overmars
02-07-2011, 11:12 AM
RVP isn't going anywhere. It's just a made up story to throw on the Cesc, Nasri and Clichy bonfires.

Power n Glory
02-07-2011, 11:21 AM
RVP isn't going anywhere. It's just a made up story to throw on the Cesc, Nasri and Clichy bonfires.

Not this season but his contract talks are due now. He and Theo have two years left and we may very well find ourselves in the same situation we now have with Nasri. RVP was critical of the wage structure when Hleb and Flams left and I doubt he'd be happy if we let all these players go. He won't sign a new deal.

RomfordPele
02-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Anti Arsenal? It's just open season on us. We're selling our captain and two of our first team players don't want to sign their contracts.

There is no agenda, we just have a lot going on, the sort of stuff that sells papers.

Nah, look down the road. Modric wants out. Defoe wants out. Bale's reportedly making equivocal noises. I don't see 'Spurs in crisis' stories littered over every newspaper's back pages.

Every summer we get the same old shit from the hacks. Do down the Arsenal whenever you can.

I remember one year it was that Adams was about to move to Tottenham.

Now they say RVP and Arshavin are on their way too. Complete bullshit.

Xhaka Can’t
02-07-2011, 11:28 AM
and i thought ach said the biggest load of shit on here. you really are an idiot at times. how the fuck did rvp go missing? last season he missed first half then banged in 20 odd goals in the buisness end of the season including setting the record for most goals in consecutive away matches

Ollie, before you respond to a point of view you don't agree with, take a deep breath, count to 10 and then log off.

Power n Glory
02-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Nah, look down the road. Modric wants out. Defoe wants out. Bale's reportedly making equivocal noises. I don't see 'Spurs in crisis' stories littered over every newspaper's back pages.

Every summer we get the same old shit from the hacks. Do down the Arsenal whenever you can.

It's no conspiracy. We do this every summer and papers know to circle our club during the summer draughts. It's money in the bank every year.

Japan Shaking All Over
02-07-2011, 12:06 PM
I like this.

I will use it. But it must be d of course.

As in, Fabregas is a Must Go.

do the honours Master
:tiphat:

Japan Shaking All Over
02-07-2011, 12:12 PM

this

If Robin is keeping true to form this summer, he will probably retract this story come tomorrow morning

never said thst the ref against Barca was a cunt nor
Chelsea are a bunch of cry babies and
never said said he wanted to leave

Cripps_orig
02-07-2011, 12:57 PM
CESC FABREGAS is desperate to seal his £37million switch to Barcelona before Arsenal return to pre-season training on Tuesday.

And the Gunners have already lined up 16-year-old Hector Bellerin - another product of the Barca academy - to start Arsene Wenger's latest rebuilding project.
Right-back Bellerin has come to London because he has been promised a fast track to the first team.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01338/shirt_1338287a.jpgKIT OF ALRIGHT ... Bellerin's Arsenal shirt

Bellerin, speaking to Spanish TV programme Punto Pelota, said: "I was at home and my father called me to say Arsenal had been on the phone.

"We decided to go there to see how things are. I hadn't made up my mind because I'd been at Barcelona all my life so it was very difficult.
"But after evaluating things I decided to join Arsenal. When you want to be a professional you have to look to make your way. And I believe the right path for me was to choose Arsenal.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01338/hector_1338286a.jpgKID STAR ... Hector

"We met Mr Wenger and it went so well. It was all too much for me but I paid full attention to everything he said. When there is a team that guarantees you can play in the first team and above all in the Premier League, then it is very difficult to say no.

"Mr Wenger was explaining to me how the club was and the project they had prepared for me and above all he wanted to get to know me."
Meanwhile, Barcelona are said to have waited until July 1 before finalising a deal for Fabregas because they wanted to enter the huge fee they will cough up into next year's financial results.
The previous financial year ended on June 30 for Barca and most of their transfer budget for that year - £40m - will be spent on the Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez in a deal with Udinese that could reach £35m.
Barcelona expect they will have to make an original payment of £32m for Fab which could rise to £37m.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3672732/Arsenal-line-up-Hector-Bellerin-as-Cesc-Fabregas-says-goodbye.html#ixzz1Qx6D2fXR

Another Barca cunt coming here :doh:

Bergkampwonderland10
02-07-2011, 01:03 PM
It's all very frustrating this waiting game isn't it?
It seems obvious we need a new defence and there are plenty of players to buy - so why wait til other clubs start moving in the transfer market. Surely it's best to get players in ready for a good pre-season? Plus we have a CL qualifier to play. I think Wenger is losing the plot slightly. And Gazidis seems to have an inability to close-out a deal effectively.
Why not just cough-up for Cahill? I don't understand. He's 25 and would probably do well for us for at least 4 years. We should be closing that deal out before Tottenham, Chelsea and Man City start-up in the market.
Ajax have a top notch keeper in Sketelenberg(sp?) and he's 28 and more than decent enough to be our number 1 - will give Chesney some real competition at least. Fabianski can be 3rd choice. They also have a good CB in Vertonghen - the two of them would prob cost 18million max and let's be honest we've signed a couple of good players from Ajax in the past. Left-back also seems to be an issue if we can't get Clichy to sign on. I am resigned to the fact that Cesc will be leaving and I don't really care about Nasri anymore though we shouldn't sell him cheaply.

Boss
02-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Tbf at least they're being honest before they start playing for us...

Bellerín: "You never close the door. Barça is a great team. I hope to win titles in years to come, and well, one day, return to this club."

younggunsblog.co.uk

Master Splinter
02-07-2011, 01:05 PM

:haha:

Was it the Daily Mail? They're worse than The Sun and Star.

AKBapologist
02-07-2011, 01:05 PM
L'Equipe claim that Arsenal have failed to reach an agreement with Samir Nasri over a contract extension

And I think time will tell on RVP, we've offered to renew his contract with 2 years to go on his current one, same with nasri last season...

*sigh*

AKBapologist
02-07-2011, 01:17 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/07/02/2556658/arsenals-gael-clichy-expected-to-complete-7m-move-to

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Fabregas and Alonso in the middle, what a pair that would be.

Wenger wouldn't spend the extra £2m I'm afraid.

Cripps_orig
02-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Alonsos better tbh

Should have got him from Sociedad, definitely should have got him from Liverpool

Wenger :doh:

Should be sacked just for that

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2011, 01:31 PM
I've already accused Cesc and Nasri of being fairweather players, who were primarily responsible for our shit end to the season. I put all 3 of them in the same category tbh, although in terms of overall contribution to Arsenal, Nasri definitely comes last because he's only ever performed well for 3 months.

I'm sorry Joker but sometimes you are so far wide of the mark, IMO. RvP doesn't get injured deliberately, and how many times have his injuries come from playing meaningless internationals? It's uber-fucking frustrating. But there isn't a better striker in England at the moment, his record when he does get on the pitch testifies to that fact. Lose Cesc, Nasri and RvP all in a single year? We'd be doomed, relying on abject shit like Chamakh and some total unknown called Gervinho who's never kicked a ball in the PL. Fucked, that's what we'd be.

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Alonsos better tbh

Should have got him from Sociedad, definitely should have got him from Liverpool

Wenger :doh:

Should be sacked just for that

Agreed. Wenger should have been sacked for not signing Alonso. I almost ate my fucking keyboard in rage when I heard the incompetent and arrogant fool had penny pinched us out of that deal too. There are so many things Wenger should have been sacked for by now. But our biggest problem is, the board things he's doing a good job and too many of the fans are prepared to settle for mediocrity and pretend it is success. If Arsenal was a high street shop then fine, it's run okay it will probably survive and turn a profit selling boring shoes or something like that. But it's a fucking football club, being run like a high street shop. As long as the tills are ringing the board and the manager couldn't give a fuck about anything else. Losers, the lot of them.

Cripps_orig
02-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Agreed. Wenger should have been sacked for not signing Alonso. I almost ate my fucking keyboard in rage when I heard the incompetent and arrogant fool had penny pinched us out of that deal too. There are so many things Wenger should have been sacked for by now. But our biggest problem is, the board things he's doing a good job and too many of the fans are prepared to settle for mediocrity and pretend it is success. If Arsenal was a high street shop then fine, it's run okay it will probably survive and turn a profit selling boring shoes or something like that. But it's a fucking football club, being run like a high street shop. As long as the tills are ringing the board and the manager couldn't give a fuck about anything else. Losers, the lot of them.

Ive read all 132 pages on this thread and this other than mine of course is the best post on here and by a mile

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Not this season but his contract talks are due now. He and Theo have two years left and we may very well find ourselves in the same situation we now have with Nasri. RVP was critical of the wage structure when Hleb and Flams left and I doubt he'd be happy if we let all these players go. He won't sign a new deal.

It will be particularly difficult to watch Theo thriving elsewhere. I'm not looking forward to that particular transfer next year.

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2011, 01:45 PM

It's just a hangover from the past when we were a serious football club. The media will always write about the big boys, they had a field day with Rooney and turned the whole thing into a circus. Don;t worry, pretty soon they will be treating us like THFC and not mentioning us at all because they'll be too busy concentrating on the big boys.

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2011, 01:48 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/07/02/2556658/arsenals-gael-clichy-expected-to-complete-7m-move-to

Not a problem. We have Gibbs. I suppose the only downside is the way Gibbs has collapsed and gone backwards over the last two seasons. He seems to be injured all the time too, but I think we should wing it rather than find a quality replacement. If that decision inevitable comes back to haunt us we can just say we were unlucky. All is well it seems.

Ernesto
02-07-2011, 02:12 PM
It will be particularly difficult to watch Theo thriving elsewhere. I'm not looking forward to that particular transfer next year.

When that happens, it'll be best to get as far away from football as possible. Go transatlantic, or something. Somewhere where no-one has even heard of that fat dirty chav Wayne Rooney who's become England's richest sportsman.

I've said in a separate thread that my anticipation for this coming season is thin. It'll probably be my final summer where I look forward to football starting in August. A number of factors have made me lose my interest in the once beautiful game.

Joker
02-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Another Barca cunt coming here :doh:

Why are we signing 16 year olds and promising them first team football???!!! We need EXPERIENCED players who are not "promising youngsters" but battle hardened professionals who can cope playing a whole season in a competitive league. Moreover, our priority should be central defence, midfield and forwards, not right back.

Wenger's lost the plot.

Özim
02-07-2011, 03:02 PM
And the Gunners have already lined up 16-year-old Hector Bellerin - another product of the Barca academy - to start Arsene Wenger's latest rebuilding project.Latest rebuilding? He's been rebuilding since 2005 and has failed.

Nice to see he's still obssessed with signing kids and spends his time look at them rather than finding world class talent, the guy has clearly got his priorities right, no waiting period for these kids I see either.

BOBN
02-07-2011, 03:20 PM
lol @ wenger thinking he'll be here in 3-4 years.

we sold Bellerin smoke, as they say in spain.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Latest rebuilding? He's been rebuilding since 2005 and has failed.

Nice to see he's still obssessed with signing kids and spends his time look at them rather than finding world class talent, the guy has clearly got his priorities right, no waiting period for these kids I see either.

Don't worry the kid will want to leave for Barca in 7 years

Cripps_orig
02-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Another classic case of Wenger never learning from his mistakes

Japan Shaking All Over
02-07-2011, 03:41 PM

ditto - Alonso would have been a great buy and Cesc would have been a much happier camper, and dare I say it an even more productive one too - however as soon as Alonso got wind of home country interest I believe his mind was made up, not that AW was thinking of changing that mind.........proabably breathed a sigh of relief, think it goes into convulsions at the mere thought of paying double 8 figure sums.........heard he need mouth to mouth after shelling out for Arshavin

the same signs are therefor all to see with the Cahill deal........talked the talk, but is defo not walking the walk, our Arsene is..........not comparing the players - Alonso was and still is a great player, Cahill I am yet to form a clear opinion about, but one thing for sure is that he fits the job specs and we have a glaring need for such a player........if our march gets stolen on this one and Wenger allows us to be beaten after we had a massive head start......there is going to be a lot of shit hitting the fan.........what did I say about massive leads being beaten? becoming a bit of a forte of ours, isnt it

Daniele
02-07-2011, 03:45 PM
no signings yet apart from Jenkinson.--mmmm......

AKBapologist
02-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Gervinho has agreeed to 60k per week. Coming for a medical on Monday, to be confirmed later next week.

Cripps_orig
02-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Gervinho has agreeed to 60k per week. Coming for a medical on Monday, to be confirmed later next week.

yay

Japan Shaking All Over
02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
yay!......small yay anyway

Japan Shaking All Over
02-07-2011, 03:51 PM
maybe we are signing one player at once.......multi-tasking being a little bit above our capabilities

whose next, then? - CB?

Joker
02-07-2011, 03:52 PM

Oh joy

AKBapologist
02-07-2011, 03:53 PM
maybe we are signing one player at once.......multi-tasking being a little bit above our capabilities

whose next, then? - CB?
Scott Dann if we're lucky.

Japan Shaking All Over
02-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Scott Dann if we're lucky.

reckon he's better than the names alredy mentioned?

was hoping for Cahill or Samba.......Cahill more because of the recent Chelsea link......not looking forward to seeing us put in another similar perfromace in the transfer market as we do on the pitch......too slow to react to the situation/spineless/indecisive and forced to miss out

AKBapologist
02-07-2011, 04:15 PM
No idea if he was any good, missed half of last season through injury but chelsea are after him too.

Japan Shaking All Over
02-07-2011, 04:17 PM
so I suppose both him and Cahill will become Blues then :-(

maybe we could toss a coin or challenge them to a sprint!?

alexander
02-07-2011, 04:42 PM
I do wonder if the club has any idea on how the fans feel at the mo. Its so negative bad news all over the media, websites etc.

I wonder if they care if they do know.

AKBapologist
02-07-2011, 05:01 PM
@DarrenArsenal1 - Paul McCarthy NOTW confirms that Gervinho at Colney today on TS

alexander
02-07-2011, 05:30 PM
@youngGunsblog says on twitter that barca offered 34mil, but only 29 cash because they believe we owe them 6mil for Toral and Bellerin. we paid 750,000 for both.

i bloody hate barca.

Boss
02-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Arsene Wenger has assured Arsenal fans he has a transfer plan in place this summer, but like a poker match he is waiting for the right time to play his hand.
"Currently, everyone is standing still," Wenger said. "Everyone expects everyone else to make the first move. Everyone holds on to their cards, hoping for the major transfer. Nobody blinks until late July, early August. Then we will analyse the gaps in each team. But I am very active on the phone."

alexander
02-07-2011, 05:50 PM

nobody but sir alex who saw the players he wanted, and went and got them. sorted.

AKBapologist
02-07-2011, 05:58 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7015558,00.html

The Realist
02-07-2011, 06:05 PM
So our players attracting interest

Fabreagas - Barcelona, AC Milan, Real Madrid
Nasri - Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, various other European clubs
Clichy - Juve, Roma, Liverpool, Man City
Arshavin - Galatasary

RvP has threatened to leave if we lose fab nasri and clichy.

And while thats all going on in the outbox who do we have rumoured coming in?

We have Jenkins and might get Gervinho... This is going to be an interesting transfer window, I know it's only early days but still.

isv
02-07-2011, 06:07 PM

So who was the so called medical that everyone was posting about on Thursday ????

Özim
02-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Oh joy
He should fit in well, I hear his shooting is erratic.

Niall_Quinn
02-07-2011, 06:45 PM
So who was the so called medical that everyone was posting about on Thursday ????

That was a mistake, the parents came back to claim him before we could get a signature.

selassie
02-07-2011, 06:50 PM
L'Equipe claim that Arsenal have failed to reach an agreement with Samir Nasri over a contract extension

And I think time will tell on RVP, we've offered to renew his contract with 2 years to go on his current one, same with nasri last season...

*sigh*

I'd be very surprised if Nasri doesn't leave this summer, he doesn't want to be here. In fact I'd say he's just as certain to leave as Clichy.

AKBapologist
02-07-2011, 10:55 PM
FUCK OFF
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2010628/Chelsea-Arsenal-winger-Theo-Walcott.html

Slacker
02-07-2011, 11:24 PM
That CM one is a tough one. Who would pass as a world class CM these days for any of the top teams? Most would suggest Essien is probably the best in England but his contribution these days isn't as essential as the likes of Keane, Petit and Vieira in their day. Do Man U or Barca have such a player?

Nowadays the top clubs tend to start their attacking moves from the halfway line flanks in a give and go combo that tends to involve the forwards and fullbacks with the midfield delivering a final ball or creating their own chances. This does not restrict them to exclusively requiring wingers or crossers, although the option of a dangerous cross is always better than the shite served up by Clichy and Sagna. The winger these days is nearly as redundant as the powerhouse CM as they are too one-dimensional.

The likes of an Essien, Vieira, Petit or a Keane style powerhouse driving the midfield is not essential anymore. Even at Liverpool they have started to realise Gerrard isn't as important to their latest set-up as he was.

It seems the new CM position has two discrete demarkations - defensive CM or attacking CM and they are very different beasts. Hate to say it but SAF has been able to adapt players like Fletcher, Park and Carrick to both roles. The new CM is a quick thinking lightning-fast passing dynamo who is tuned into creating danger, be that goals or chances. Arsenal used to have that sort of player - Overmars, Bergkamp, Pires, even Hleb could have got to that level. But these days the guys we have are way too "safe" or slow thinking to make the mark.

Barca don't really have defensive CM's. Their CD's work hard to press forward and fill that role. Sure, it is a weakness in a way as it leaves them susceptible to the counter attack, but it works more often than not because it creates pressure further up the field and puts the opponents under more pressure than they're used to. They use their forwards to harry and close down when they lose the ball high up the pitch and this gives their midfielders the time and space to regroup to pick up the ball while they effectively still on the attack.

I honestly believe AW came round to adopting a style similar to this as he employed it against Man U at home a few weeks ago, but I'm not convinced he's a convert.

In a Barca style formation, Nasri, Jack, Fab and Ramsey are essential players, but the likes of Song, Denilson, Diaby and Eboue are pretty much redundant. Funny enough, if Rosicky was younger and fitter, he'd be perfect.

If AW was looking at adopting the model he used against United to such good effect he would need to get the likes of Mata, Alvarez or Hazard, but all three would need to adapt to the speed and physicality of the EPL. From a CD perspective, I honestly thought Squiddy would be the man but like most foreigners he's new to hoofball and shitkicking, and has not been able to adapt. Vermaelen seems to get it and I'm hoping JD and Kos will make the step up next season to better than we've seen. I am not convinced Cahill or Samba are as good as people seem to think. Could be wrong though - it wouldn't be the first time...

Ralpheroo72
02-07-2011, 11:37 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7014872,00.html

Is he serious? The only one standing still is that garlic munching fuck! Its the same every transfer window, you could set your watch by it! Get him out, and Stan can fuck off too. People need to vote with their feet, and we have a tough start fixture wise, we could have no points after 3 games. Wenger has done great things, but that was a long time ago now, GET THE FUCKING CHEQUEBOOK OUT NOW!!!!!

Ollie the Optimist
02-07-2011, 11:51 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7014872,00.html

Is he serious? The only one standing still is that garlic munching fuck! Its the same every transfer window, you could set your watch by it! Get him out, and Stan can fuck off too. People need to vote with their feet, and we have a tough start fixture wise, we could have no points after 3 games. Wenger has done great things, but that was a long time ago now, GET THE FUCKING CHEQUEBOOK OUT NOW!!!!!

you missed the last line of his interview didnt you?

Toronto Gooner
03-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Ollie,

The last line of the interview does not fit with the "Wenger is a moron" mantra, and therefore is easily overlooked, even though it is probably the most important line.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-07-2011, 12:38 AM
FUCK OFF
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2010628/Chelsea-Arsenal-winger-Theo-Walcott.html

doubt he'd go there and we don't need to sell him. non story tbh

Niall_Quinn
03-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Ollie,

The last line of the interview does not fit with the "Wenger is a moron" mantra, and therefore is easily overlooked, even though it is probably the most important line.

Here's the most important line:

"So it's hard to understand why we are criticised. Because we did not win? Yes, that's true, there were stronger teams than us. But we have not been out of the top four for 15 years and, for me, the true value of a team is consistency."

That spells LOSER. Yes we certainly are consistent, in every bad way you can imagine excluding that damnable top four bullshit. What a glorious excuse that has become. Wenger committing his future to the club is the biggest body blow we have suffered so far in this off-season.

Niall_Quinn
03-07-2011, 12:47 AM
doubt he'd go there and we don't need to sell him. non story tbh

Priming the pumps for next year.

Ralpheroo72
03-07-2011, 12:50 AM

Oh yeah, he is active on the phone. Phone sex with his french dj mate doesnt count.

Fergie was very active on the phone too, but his calls seemed to have been connected, maybe Arsene hasnt paid the bill?

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 12:54 AM
Arsenal's hopes of signing Ricardo Alvarez are in the balance after Inter Milan submitted a bid for the Velez Sarsfield midfielder.
Full story: Metro

Chelsea are to launch a shock bid for Arsenal winger Theo Walcott.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

Arsenal face a battle to sign Belgian international midfielder Eden Hazard, as Inter Milan are poised to make a bid for the Lille player.
Full story: Footie-online

Inter can have the nobody. We'll take Hazard.

As for Theo, :lol:

Niall_Quinn
03-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Oh yeah, he is active on the phone. Phone sex with his french dj mate doesnt count.

Fergie was very active on the phone too, but his calls seemed to have been connected, maybe Arsene hasnt paid the bill?

Incoming calls only mate. That's why it has been so quite. But a pretty penny has been saved so chin up.

Niall_Quinn
03-07-2011, 01:17 AM
Inter can have the nobody. We'll take Hazard.

As for Theo, :lol:

Who the fuck is Ricardo Alveraz anyway?

Özim
03-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Who the fuck is Ricardo Alveraz anyway?
Another one of the mickey mouse projects AW is always interested in.

AKBapologist
03-07-2011, 10:54 AM
rsene Wenger and the Arsenal fans are not the only North London club to be suffering player unrest during the close season.

Puzzled?
Tottenham Hotspur have been stunned by the news that star player Luca Modric has filed official discrimination charges against the club.
The Croatian maestro said that he could no longer accept his ‘disgraceful treatment’ and the time had come to make a stand. He could not understand why Spurs had turned down his recent transfer request and he had no other option than to go on strike.
Wearing a duffle coat and sporting a Prince style slave symbol across his left cheek an emotional Modric said:
“Why is it that when Michael Carrick and Dimitar Berbatov wanted a move they both got their wish? This is Tottenham Hotspur we’re talking about….. we always sell our best players?”
“Is it because I’m Croatian? Is it because I’m small and they think they can push me around?”
“I held a ballot and I came out 100 per cent in favour of industrial action, this is the Club’s fault.”
His agent Steve Ramsey:
“He loves the fans and would do nothing to hurt them, but when he signed for the club he was sold a dream. Play for a couple of years, become one of the best players in the world and and then move to Manchester United or maybe even Arsenal, that’s what they said and that’s what we want”
“He only wants the same rights as every other Tottenham player”.
David Rice, a football lawyer, believes that Spurs would struggle to win a case in the courts:
“I’ve looked through the record books and found nothing that Spurs could use in their defence.”
“I’m afraid that Modric could cite the Paul Gascoigne precedent that clearly shows that no matter how much Spurs need or want to keep a player they always sell when the money gets high enough.”

http://www.themondaysupplement.co.uk/headline/spurs-hit-by-modric-strike/

Joker
03-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Another one of the mickey mouse projects AW is always interested in.

Why doesn't Wenger sign a reasonably well known, experienced footballer for once? They don't always cost the earth. But hey, we're just inarticulate football supporters, what do we know? We must worship at the altar of Wengerball, because his philosophy is so esoteric that us simpletons cannot comprehend his plan, so we should just keep paying for season tickets and be happy with our lot.

Coney
03-07-2011, 12:05 PM
http://www.themondaysupplement.co.uk/headline/spurs-hit-by-modric-strike/

I wonder how much of the 'unhappiness' reported about this and others - our players, players from lots of clubs - which is reported in the media is just the agents stirring the shit so make more money for themselves, the greedy shits. A lot of these players are, I'm sure, manipulated by these bastards. They are probably very skilled at feeding things into the player's psychy.... "He earns 5k more than you so clearly the club don't like you and club x would pay you much more because they think you are so good... " and such. Probably done more subtly and with more skill by the agents. I might be wrong of course, but I am pretty sure that they are a significant part - maybe most of - why players seem to be causing problems for clubs.

Özim
03-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Why doesn't Wenger sign a reasonably well known, experienced footballer for once? They don't always cost the earth. But hey, we're just inarticulate football supporters, what do we know? We must worship at the altar of Wengerball, because his philosophy is so esoteric that us simpletons cannot comprehend his plan, so we should just keep paying for season tickets and be happy with our lot.
He wants to do everything on the cheap, that's what keeps him in a job it seems. If he spent and failed he might actually lose his job as profits won't keep him safe. At this stage he needs to go out and sign quality which may well make all the difference, he won't fo course because as usual he's only seemingly inetrested in relative nobodies.

AKBapologist
03-07-2011, 01:01 PM
@youngunsblog - #MCFC look to have signed Stefan Savić. On trial at Arsenal last year. Club didn't seem to rate him. Struggled in trial game v Dagenham.

Coney
03-07-2011, 01:04 PM
@youngunsblog - #MCFC look to have signed Stefan Savić. On trial at Arsenal last year. Club didn't seem to rate him. Struggled in trial game v Dagenham.

I guess we should slag off Mancini now, for spending money on unknowns. ;)

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Sunday Mirror saying we are going to make a £20m bid for Downing :lol:

NOTW says we are after Craig Gordon :doh:

L'Equipe says if Nasri goes, we are looking at Valbuena as a replacement

Master Splinter
03-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Sunday Mirror saying we are going to make a £20m bid for Downing :lol:

NOTW says we are after Craig Gordon :doh:

L'Equipe says if Nasri goes, we are looking at Valbuena as a replacement

If we buy Downing, I will change my name to Cripps.

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Doubt we'll go for Downing. Thats only cos we wont pay £20m for anyone. Downing is certainly shit enough to be a first teamer for us.

However its the Gordon link that worries me. I can see that happening. Wenger is the only fucktard in the history of football who would go for a worse keeper than all 3 of our current clowns

Coney
03-07-2011, 01:32 PM
If we buy Downing, I will change my name to Cripps.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/23/article-1101108-0017936F00000258-16_224x366.jpg

Master Splinter
03-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Wenger is the only fucktard in the history of football who would go for a worse keeper than all 3 of our current clowns

Well you think Parker and Enrique would improve us, so it seems Fucktard Towers has another vacancy.

Coney
03-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Well you think Parker and Enrique would improve us, so it seems Fucktard Towers has another vacancy.

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 01:39 PM

Parker is better than Song. Enrique is better than Clichy.

Normal logic would suggest that buying players better than the ones we have already should improve us.

I know they dont score 43905834095834098 goals a match so in your opinion they are shit but they do their job rather well and are must gets

Master Splinter
03-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Parker is better than Song. Enrique is better than Clichy.

No and no.

Normal logic would suggest that buying players better than the ones we have already should improve us.

But neither are better.

I know they dont score 43905834095834098 goals a match so in your opinion they are shit but they do their job rather well and are must gets

:lol: What? Do Clichy and Song score loads of goals? What has this to do with anything? Since when did I judge players, especially left-backs and defensive midfielders, on goals scored?

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
No and no.

But neither are better.

:lol: What? Do Clichy and Song score loads of goals? What has this to do with anything? Since when did I judge players, especially left-backs and defensive midfielders, on goals scored?
Yes they are.

Yes they are.

No idea. Im trying to work out why you dont want better players here and other than the lack of scoring, cant see why you wouldnt want them here seeing as they piss on our 2 players comfortably and im Songs biggest fan on here.

Parker was immense last season and won the award last season to prove it. To do that in a Shite Ass West Ham team surrounded by Shite Ass players is no mean feat. Our players arent as shite as the West Ham ones so maybe he'll do even better with us. Must Get.

Enrique is better defensively and attacking wise than Clichy. I can understand the loyalty you have to our players. Youre also one of the few who remain loyal to Wenger which pretty much puts your opinions in to perspective :lol:

Master Splinter
03-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Enrique is better defensively and attacking wise than Clichy. I can understand the loyalty you have to our players. Youre also one of the few who remain loyal to Wenger which pretty much puts your opinions in to perspective :lol:

You seem to be making things up. I've never spoken about loyalty to the players or manager. Just because I don't abuse them, it doesn't mean I condone all their actions either. It is possible for people to have a reasonable attitude and sense of perspective without being overly emotional when it comes to football. I understand this is probably alien to you though. I'm giving a balanced opinion on these players. Who cares about those pointless awards? If you're using that back up your opinion, it shows your judgement is worthless anyway. Is Bale the best player in the League?

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:08 PM

Thats your arguement?

Who cares about awards? :lol:

Oh dear.

I use fact and you use the who cares get out clause which ultimately didnt get you out of it

In spirit of Wimbledon season, game, set and match to me i reckon.

Oh and balanced opinion? Really? Go back and read all the shite you've spouted about Parker. Balance my ass. Seems like im not the only one making things up. :rolleyes:

All i want is 2 players who are better than what we've got. You dont for whatever reason. Maybe you like the mediocrity. It goes well with your posts. Who knows?

Özim
03-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Song is vastly overrated on here, he's never been that good. Had a decentish season the season before last but other than that not great. Last season was pretty awful to be fair. On that basis I'd choose the more reliable Parker.

Clichy has been a bit of a liability for a while, defensively prone to lapses and can't cross at all. Don't know much about Enrique so can't compare there.

Master Splinter
03-07-2011, 02:13 PM
In spirit of Wimbledon season, game, set and match to me i reckon.

Yes, I agree.

Well done to you, you are now officially the biggest idiot of the Summer 2011 Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread.

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Song is vastly overrated on here, he's never been that good. Had a decentish season the season before last but other than that not great. Last season was pretty awful to be fair. On that basis I'd choose the more reliable Parker.

Clichy has been a bit of a liability for a while, defensively prone to lapses and can't cross at all. Don't know much about Enrique so can't compare there.

But they are Arsenal players and therefore irreplaceable

:MS:

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Yes, I agree.

Well done to you, you are now officially the biggest idiot of the Summer 2011 Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread.

:console:

Says the guy who doesnt want better players at our club

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Anyway back on topic

Galatasaray after Arshavin for £13.5m

Worth selling?

Play him in the right position and he'd be the best player in the league

Master Splinter
03-07-2011, 02:25 PM
But they are Arsenal players and therefore irreplaceable

:MS:

It is quite impressive how obnoxious you are.

AKBapologist
03-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Ach is having a shocker ITT.

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:27 PM
It is quite impressive how obnoxious you are.

I wish i knew what that meant :(

Sirjackofwilshere
03-07-2011, 02:28 PM
MS leave it. As they say, never debate an imbecile, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:28 PM
ach is having a shocker itt.

itt?

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:29 PM
MS leave it. As they say, never debate an imbecile, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

wtf? MS comes out with some ridiculous reason on why Parker is shit. I call him up on it and im the imbecile?

:doh:

milla
03-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Anyway back on topic

Worth selling?

Free role in 4-4-2, and you will see his true talent. But the problem is, we have to many of 2nd striker in our set up. In long term, Nasri and RVP will make a better no 10, they are younger and stronger. Take the £13.5m and buy a proper winger instead. :coffee:

Özim
03-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Anyway back on topic

Worth selling?

The issue isn't whether he's worth selling but how many players we're going to lose.

If we lose Cesc and Nasri we can't lose Arshavin as well, it would be hard to replace all three, even if we did have a manager who knew what he was doing in the transfer market.

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Free role in 4-4-2, and you will see his true talent. But the problem is, we have to many of 2nd striker in our set up. In long term, Nasri and RVP will make a better no 10, they are younger and stronger. Take the £13.5m and buy a proper winger instead. :coffee:

RVP can play as a front man with Arshavin in behind.

Nasris gone so no need to worry about him.

We do need a proper winger though. Downing anyone?

Master Splinter
03-07-2011, 02:33 PM

It's ok to have a laugh. But when a civilised debate is brought down by wilful stupidity, there's no point anymore.

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:34 PM
The issue isn't whether he's worth selling but how many players we're going to lose.

If we lose Cesc and Nasri we can't lose Arshavin as well, it would be hard to replace all three, even if we did have a manager who knew what he was doing in the transfer market.

Tbh i dont give a fuck who leaves. Not one player in our squad i can see that i would say i would be upset if they left.

As usual, its the case of "Will Wenger bring quality players in to replace them?"

AKBapologist
03-07-2011, 02:35 PM
It's ok to have a laugh. But when a civilised debate is brought down by wilful stupidity, there's no point anymore.
Isn't Ach the WUM king though? Hard to know when he really believes what he says.

milla
03-07-2011, 02:35 PM
wtf? MS comes out with some ridiculous reason on why Parker is shit. I call him up on it and im the imbecile?

:doh:

In our system, Parker is better than Song (technically Song is better). But we are in dire need of a very mobile DM (CM), something that we lack since Gilberto and Flamini left the club two years ago. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Isn't Ach the WUM king though? Hard to know when he really believes what he says.

Who were you on the old GW?

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:37 PM
In our system, Parker is better than Song (technically Song is better). But we are in dire need of a very mobile DM (CM), something that we lack since Gilberto and Flamini left the club two years ago. :coffee:

Youre an imbecile

:SJOW:

AKBapologist
03-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Arsenal expect Cesc Fábregas and Samir Nasri back – but not for long
• Fábregas likely to rejoin Barcelona soon for £35m
• Nasri unlikely to sign Arsenal's £90,000-per-week deal

reddit this
Dominic Fifield
guardian.co.uk, Sunday 3 July 2011 15.24 BST
Article history

Cesc Fábregas is privately expecting to leave Arsenal for his former club Barcelona soon. Photograph: Achmad Ibrahim/AP
Arsenal expect Cesc Fábregas and Samir Nasri to return for pre-season training at London Colney this week despite the likelihood that neither will be at the club by the time the Premier League season starts next month.

Fábregas, who has been on holiday in Spain, will return with the bulk of the senior squad on Tuesday, with Barcelona still attempting to complete what they hope will be a £35m transfer back to the club. A bid of around £27m was rejected earlier in the summer but having received an improved offer last week, there is an acceptance at Arsenal that the long-running saga of their captain's future is nearing a conclusion.

The player himself was quoted last week as being "calm and optimistic" about his future. While the 24-year-old privately anticipates that he will be granted his wish to join the Catalan club where he started his career, he is not expected to risk his reputation at Arsenal by refusing to report back for training and will instead hope resolution is reached in negotiations before the Gunners depart for a mini-tour of Malaysia and China a week today.

Nasri's situation is arguably more complicated, with Arsenal yet to receive a concrete offer for the France international who has entered the final 12 months of his contract and has indicated he will not sign a new five-year deal worth around £90,000 a week.

The 24-year-old is aware that Manchester United are expected to formalise their interest in him, while both Manchester City and Chelsea are monitoring the situation in the event that their pursuits of priority targets do not come to fruition.

Nasri, a £15.8m signing from Marseille in 2008, is not due to return to London Colney until Thursday having been granted a few extra days' holiday, as have those other Arsenal players who were involved in international duty at the start of the summer. The midfielder, who has not won anything since moving to the club, was quoted over the weekend claiming his motivation is far from financial and, instead, centres upon a desire to win things.

"I don't want to sign for a club where I wouldn't be playing the football that I like, where I wouldn't feel happy, just for the money," he said. "We already earn huge wages. The priority is to make a big career and to win titles. This is more important than everything else."

That has merely served to fuel suggestions that Nasri is keen to move to pastures new. His compatriot Gaël Clichy, another to have entered the final year of his contract at Arsenal, should complete a £7m move to Manchester City early this week.

Yet Arsène Wenger will hope to counter the apparent exodus of senior players from his first-team squad by completing the protracted £11m transfer of Lille's Ivory Coast forward Gervinho in the next 48 hours. Gervinho had been the subject of interest from several Premier League clubs after scoring 15 goals for the French champions last season, but has opted for a move to the Emirates.

"I chose Arsenal because it's a young group within which I will be able to integrate easily," Gervinho told France Football magazine. "I could develop more over there.

"[Is it] a risk? Not at all. I'm going to Arsenal to play. The best risk to take is to look to score goals and to play a lot. In football you have to take risks if you want to win. I'm going to Arsenal to win. I'm going there to play, not to be on the bench. Arsenal love the game and I love teams that love the game. The Premier League is a notch above."

The attacker may yet be followed to Arsenal by the highly rated Velez Sarsfield midfielder Ricky Alvarez, despite Internazionale having emerged as rivals for the 23-year-old Argentine's signature.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/03/arsenal-cesc-fabregas-samir-nasri

milla
03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
RVP can play as a front man with Arshavin in behind.

Nasris gone so no need to worry about him.

We do need a proper winger though. Downing anyone?

Nah.. Cesc is more likely to leave (bigger transfer fee), Nasri will get a new contract and his much covert attacking midfield role.

I like Downing, but knowing Wenger, he will use Downing as a wing back instead of a winger.

:coffee:

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Downing was pretty good for Villa last season admittedly. Better than Young but whats the point in wingers when we have no fuckers in the box?

Play RVP and Chamakh up front (or Chamakh and a new striker when RVP is out for his usual 5 months), Nasri in behind, 2 wingers out wide and Parker holding.

Toronto Gooner
03-07-2011, 02:48 PM
It is interesting that people quite happily laugh and crow at the (apparent) lack of interest in Arsenal players like Bendtner and Denilson, yet a player like Parker is praised as being necessary for Arsenal without there being many reports of other teams after him.

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:50 PM
It is interesting that people quite happily laugh and crow at the (apparent) lack of interest in Arsenal players like Bendtner and Denilson, yet a player like Parker is praised as being necessary for Arsenal without there being many reports of other teams after him.

One of the reasons why we must get him and not wait til "end of July" as Wenger said.

Toronto Gooner
03-07-2011, 02:52 PM
One of the reasons why we must get him and not wait til "end of July" as Wenger said.
We must get him because no other team thinks he is good enough to even bid for? Mmmm, interesting transfer policy.:)

Joker
03-07-2011, 02:52 PM
I would be seriously worried if we're forced to start the season with Chamakh as a first choice striker. The guy is a very limited footballer, as we saw last season.

milla
03-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Youre an imbecile

:SJOW:

LOL What I was trying to say is Song is superior on technical level but Parker is better for our set up. Song is a good sitting CM but not mobile enough to cover midfield and both side of the flanks. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:54 PM
We must get him because no other team thinks he is good enough to even bid for? Mmmm, interesting transfer policy.:)

Maybe no other club needs a DM like we do?

We have to get him cos hes better than what we have and if others started showing interest then we're fucked cos no player would come to a club in crisis ahead of another team

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:55 PM
I would be seriously worried if we're forced to start the season with Chamakh as a first choice striker. The guy is a very limited footballer, as we saw last season.

As we saw in the 2nd half of last season where he hardly played tbh.

First half he was fine. In fact he was more than fine. He'll be better for the experience next season. Not worried about Chamakh at all

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:56 PM
LOL What I was trying to say is Song is superior on technical level but Parker is better for our set up. Song is a good sitting CM but not mobile enough to cover midfield and both side of the flanks. :coffee:

Oh i agree with you 100%

Joker
03-07-2011, 02:56 PM

Parker's age is a concern, but quality wise he's IMO much better than turds like Denilson, Diaby and even Song (who's quite a good player but a bit limited)
I don't know why other teams aren't after him, but there's no parallel between his situation and players like Denilson and Bendtner. The latter two have been publically rejected by clubs who have no interest in taking them on, while with Parker, it's probable that teams are after him, given his excellent performances last season, and their interest is probably being kept under wraps to prevent a bidding war.

Toronto Gooner
03-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Maybe no other club needs a DM like we do?

We have to get him cos hes better than what we have and if others started showing interest then we're fucked cos no player would come to a club in crisis ahead of another team
We will have to agree to disagree with regard to the quality of Parker. As far as I am concerned there is a reason why he has played most of his career with teams like Charlton, Newcastle and West Ham.

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 02:59 PM
We will have to agree to disagree with regard to the quality of Parker. As far as I am concerned there is a reason why he has played most of his career with teams like Charlton, Newcastle and West Ham.

Blame Chelsea for that.

The cunts bought him, never played him and he had to start all over again at Newcastle. By the time he became any good again, none of the top teams were in need of a DM.

Still arent tbh cos we arent a top team anymore

milla
03-07-2011, 02:59 PM

That is probably because all big english clubs already have enough DM in the same mould of Parker. Manc and Citeh would needs creative player not defensive player LOL.

milla
03-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Blame Chelsea for that.

The cunts bought him, never played him and he had to start all over again at Newcastle. By the time he became any good again, none of the top teams were in need of a DM.

Still arent tbh cos we arent a top team anymore

None of top teams are in need of top DM. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 03:01 PM
http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/football_player.aspx?football_player=Scott+Parker

So much for others not being interested

AKBapologist
Didn't west ham reject a £12mill bid for him? Old, Overrated, Overpriced. Would be worth considering if he put in those performances somewhere when he was 25, but for a 30 year old to take up the role of "highly mobile, CDM" is asking for trouble.

Toronto Gooner
Parker's age is a concern, but quality wise he's IMO much better than turds like Denilson, Diaby and even Song (who's quite a good player but a bit limited)
I don't know why other teams aren't after him, but there's no parallel between his situation and players like Denilson and Bendtner. The latter two have been publically rejected by clubs who have no interest in taking them on, while with Parker, it's probable that teams are after him, given his excellent performances last season, and their interest is probably being kept under wraps to prevent a bidding war.
Interesting that because Parker is so superior to anything at Arsenal, any transfer enquiries are "secret". Amazing that enquiries regarding players like Nasri, Clichy, Downing, etc. are plastered across the back pages. I would posit that you are "hoping" that the Parker enquiries are secret in order to substantiate your position that he is the right player for Arsenal.

milla
03-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Interesting that because Parker is so superior to anything at Arsenal, any transfer enquiries are "secret". Amazing that enquiries regarding players like Nasri, Clichy, Downing, etc. are plastered across the back pages. I would posit that you are "hoping" that the Parker enquiries are secret in order to substantiate your position that he is the right player for Arsenal.

No one said Parker is superior but he offers different qualities that others dont have. Denilson is utter shit now, Diaby has no discipline to defend his area, Song is too slow etc. :coffee:

Japan Shaking All Over
03-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Just saw on BBC something bout Downing, us and 20 mil

Downing had his best season for Villa last year, and although not as bad as I first thought, surely 20 mil would get Lille to considet selling Hazard?

milla
03-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Just saw on BBC something bout Downing, us and 20 mil

Downing had his best season for Villa last year, and although not as bad as I first thought, surely 20 mil would get Lille to considet selling Hazard?

Please no, not for that amount of money. :coffee:

Darth Vela
03-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Parker has the right attitude and we have enough talent in the team and not enough 'heart', we really should give it a bash if he's available for anything under 8m imo.

Also, the self-destruction of reams of Arsenal fans on the basis of a fair sized scoop of bullshit along with almost childish impatience is pretty fricking funny.

Master Splinter
03-07-2011, 04:51 PM
@YoungGunsBlog

Both A Bola and Record in Portugal saying Benfica have opened negotiations over Nicklas Bendtner.

Looks to be some substance to the Bendtner-Benfica reports. Both outlets saying he'll replace Kiev bound Óscar Cardozo.

:pray:

Benfica :bow:

AKBapologist
03-07-2011, 06:07 PM
@DarrenArsenal1 Looks like Inter Milan and #Arsenal have both had bids agreed with Velez for Alvarez. Looks like he will decide this week where he is going

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 07:08 PM
@DarrenArsenal1 Looks like Inter Milan and #Arsenal have both had bids agreed with Velez for Alvarez. Looks like he will decide this week where he is going

I posted about that 24 hours ago. So much for Twitter being quick

Twitter :lol:

Although I'm sure Darren has a legitimate excuse. His parents prob took him out for the day or something

AKBapologist
03-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Like I've said countless times, most shit on twitter comes from the news, the times it doesn't, it becomes the news. Current reports suggest that it's all but a done deal that he's off to Milan.

Cripps_orig
03-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Like I've said countless times, most shit on twitter comes from the news, the times it doesn't, it becomes the news. Current reports suggest that it's all but a done deal that he's off to Milan.

Let's hope so.

Boss
03-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Christophe Hutteau, the agent of Olympique de Marseille attacker Mathieu Valbuena, has refused to respond to the rumours linking his client with a move to Premier League giants Arsenal this summer.

L'Equipe reported on Sunday that the London club are pondering a swoop for Valbuena as they prepare for life after Samir Nasri, who has been linked with Manchester United and City, but Hutteau seems unaware of any interest in his client.

"I don't really wish to comment on this matter. All I can say at the moment is that Mathieu Valbuena is still under contract with Marseille. He will resume squad training tomorrow," Hutteau said to Goal.com.

The 26-year-old has a contract until the summer of 2014 with OM and an offer in the region of £13.5m (€15m) could be needed to lure the France international away from the Stade Velodrome.

Valbuena started his professional career with Libourne and joined Marseille in the summer of 2006.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3274/ligue-1/2011/07/03/2558999/olympique-de-marseille-midfielder-mathieu-valbuenas-agent-coy-on-?

KSE Comedy Club
03-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Who???

AKBapologist
03-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Arshavins replacement by the looks of things.

Are Chelsea still after roman lukaku? Surely worth a punt if they are not. Worth a bid of £25mill, would be fantastic in the EPL.

Currently, I think bendtner (12mill), denilson (6mill), clichy (9-19mill) alumina (2mill) and Arshavin (13mill) are practically sorting out personal terms with other clubs.
That's 40-50mill raised without nasri or cesc leaving not including any money in the bank from past player sales and property deals.

Niall_Quinn
03-07-2011, 11:34 PM

Parker is ideal because he's realistic. Wenger won't spend any serious money on the top names so we are forced to look in the bargain bin. It's a sad fact that Parker and Arsenal are now at the same level, if nobody else wants Parker (which most certainly isn't the case) then that's because our major rivals (or should I say ex-rivals as we have now moved down a level) are busy playing at a higher level. Given the tight-wad won't spend the big cash, Parker would provide the steel we need in a team full of weeds and the Hammers might be forced to play Wenger's pathetic game of under-bidding. I think we could actually land Parker and pound for pound he'd be a good signing.

Flavs
04-07-2011, 05:21 AM
TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester City are set to complete a £27m double deal for Arsenal pair Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri this week.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is lining up a £12m bid for Wolves striker Kevin Doyle.
Daily Mirror

Grebbo
04-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Kevin Doyle :haha:

Japan Shaking All Over
04-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Parker is ideal because he's realistic. Wenger won't spend any serious money on the top names so we are forced to look in the bargain bin. It's a sad fact that Parker and Arsenal are now at the same level, if nobody else wants Parker (which most certainly isn't the case) then that's because our major rivals (or should I say ex-rivals as we have now moved down a level) are busy playing at a higher level. Given the tight-wad won't spend the big cash, Parker would provide the steel we need in a team full of weeds and the Hammers might be forced to play Wenger's pathetic game of under-bidding. I think we could actually land Parker and pound for pound he'd be a good signing.

I shudder slightly at the thought of Parker but that soon turns to a sunrise like realisation that a team of pretty players playing 'pure Wengerball' is going to get us jack shit, is Parker the answer, maybe 'no' - is there someone better out there, undoubtedly 'yes' - are we going to be able to attract such a player, probably 'no'!

I think that Parker would show the kind of 100% commitment/steel that we miss in the centre, I like it when Song shows his strength but he is not busy enough, Parker would be a mark up in that respect. It is not too late for Parker to show his worth and I think he would jump at the chance of course to get out of the Championship (that goes without saying) and to play for a team that stands a chance.

If it is a steel rod that needs inserting then Wenger would not be wrong to have a look at Parker in the same way he is at Samba and Cahill and he could do show with the idea that money can be saved.......but he can't stop with Parker and I would hope he has other pipelines on the go

Japan Shaking All Over
04-07-2011, 07:09 AM
I posted about that 24 hours ago. So much for Twitter being quick

Twitter :lol:

Although I'm sure Darren has a legitimate excuse. His parents prob took him out for the day or something

:thumbsdown:

I was looking for a smilie that was changing a broken record but alas..........(I for one enjoy all the rumours wherever they may come from, just try and not get overly excited over any of them!)

:brokenrecord:

AKBapologist
04-07-2011, 09:13 AM
http://bit.ly/j65UHU

Also, clichy having a medical at city. So long the last invincible.

Japan Shaking All Over
04-07-2011, 09:22 AM
sad

but at least we know what wing to attack when we play Citeh