PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Letters
06-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Just ignore people in the more traditional way.

That's what I do.

Will do.

Can you tell Gary I'm ignoring him. Fanx.

LDG
06-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Current Arsenal + Internet + WUMS + Bad journalism + boredom + Frustration + quick response function = Message Board Thread.

The problem with the speed at which news, rumours etc travel, and the ability to debate this within a few minutes mean that some things are not thought through. However, the general concensus is one of concern for the club, and quite rightly, those that run the club should be targeted, because that's what they're paid to do.

However, one of the problems is that what we hear is often very unreliable. It's good to debate it, because it's interesting. But to be outraged of extactic in the same measure at something that hasn't happened, or has little evidence that it will happen, is a little stupid. Furthermore, blaming Wenger / The Board / Eboue for that, before it's happened is also stupid.

We also know that Arsenal never do business through the media, and we never know what is happening for certain until it is confirmed by the club. Frustrating as it is, it's probably a wise thing, and it's also a quality which the club has retained for many years. And I quite like that personally. A bit of class in comparison to classless cunts like Barca.

That said, given the level of the frustration currently surrounding the club, based on that awful 3 months at the end of the season; The failure each season of the last three, to do what was necessary, obvious and within our means; and the really awful, outdated, corporate, unthoughtful media feed from the club. It is quite understandable that people are outraged, and are demanding explanation and change.

We are at a crossroads. And whilst I prefer to be a little less reactive, I can quite understand the OTT comments, and believe me, they are relevant. Possibly OTT, but nonetheless relevant.

Japan Shaking All Over
06-07-2011, 01:34 PM
That would involve ignoring loads of people. And as someone who is supposed to be moderating the site not really an option. :(
If only there was a log off and do some work option.

and we would miss you dearly. . . .shit what you do Letters is the same as any top player. . .

get your name sung when you do well but when you mess up you're the biggest cu#t since. . . since . . . Nasbo

Nasbo hahaha!
(my smilies have disappeated! ?)

Grebbo
06-07-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't, cos when I picked him up on it he didn't respond. It was just more OTT bollox.
When I picked him up on 'worst summer ever' he modified it to worst summer under Wenger which is still a little premature but a more reasonable assessment.

Not really OTT. Nasri and Cesc are our only star players and they want to leave.

Name another summer that cost us the title and made all of our star players want to leave the following season.

Master Splinter
06-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Montenegro defender Stefan Savic has completed his transfer from Partizan Belgrade to Manchester City.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14027433.stm

Another Arsenal reject joins Citeh.

Xhaka Can’t
06-07-2011, 01:38 PM
and we would miss you dearly. . .

...more dearly than the spoken word can say.

Master Splinter
06-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Tottenham Hotspur's Luka Modric is expected to hold talks with chairman Daniel Levy to discuss his future - and will be told he is not for sale.

The midfielder has been linked with a move to Chelsea, who have had a £22m bid for the Croatian turned down.

BBC Sport understands that the 25-year-old could meet Levy as early as Wednesday evening.

Modric recently hinted he would welcome a move to Chelsea, but Levy responded by insisting he was "not for sale".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14048163.stm

:popcorn:

Syn
06-07-2011, 01:39 PM
And here he is arriving for his medical..

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2295/2299173509_0e51b9ae6d_o.gif

:haha:

Letters
06-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Nasri and Cesc are our only star players.

Well that's obviously not true. RvP was scoring for fun end of last season and is a far more established player than Nasri who has barely got his nose through the door and only played well for half a season.

Grebbo
06-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Well that's obviously not true. RvP was scoring for fun end of last season and is a far more established player than Nasri who has barely got his nose through the door and only played well for half a season.

He'll be the next one out the door.

Xhaka Can’t
06-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Not really OTT. Nasri and Cesc are our only star players and they want to leave.

Name another summer that cost us the title and made all of our star players want to leave the following season.

I think (hope) you have forgotten about RvP. But after that trio...

Master Splinter
06-07-2011, 01:45 PM
If you include Nasri, then Arshavin and Walcott are star players too. Their goal/assist returns are far better.

In terms of consistency, only Sagna, Wilshere and RVP deserve to be called stars though.

LDG
06-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Star players?? Which ones at the club do you want to leave?? Bender/Denilson/Almunia + a few other gimps.

Sorry, but Nasri is getting hyped up to his own inflated opinion of himself. 6 months is all he has produced. In his entire career.

If we're going by that logic, then please include Theo, Arshavin, Song, Wilshere, Sagna, Vermaelen, Djourou etc etc Who have all had just as productive spells over the same time period.

If we're talking about world class. We have two. Cesc and RVP. And only one of them wants to leave at present.

Nasri can fuck the fuck off.

EDIT: GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Cripps_orig
06-07-2011, 01:51 PM
They're all shit

/thread

Master Splinter
06-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Star players?? Which ones at the club do you want to leave?? Bender/Denilson/Almunia + a few other gimps.

Sorry, but Nasri is getting hyped up to his own inflated opinion of himself. 6 months is all he has produced. In his entire career.

If we're going by that logic, then please include Theo, Arshavin, Song, Wilshere, Sagna, Vermaelen, Djourou etc etc Who have all had just as productive spells over the same time period.

If we're talking about world class. We have two. Cesc and RVP. And only one of them wants to leave at present.

Nasri can fuck the fuck off.

EDIT: GRRRRRRRRRRRR

:gp:

It's like you took my words and embellished them with swearing and shit.

Syn
06-07-2011, 01:53 PM

I agree to an extent. He is a gifted player, no doubt. But one brilliant half a season - when we have recently done well anyway - coupled with a poor half when we have always recently struggled isn't quite what we should be looking for. In other news, Cesc was utter garbage for nearly all of last season.

I am really not bothered about any players leaving. We need big changes and if the 'stars' of our recent failures want to leave, big changes will be forced. Obviously the ideal change would be a change of manager but given that's not going to happen, this is the next best.

Japan Shaking All Over
06-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Current Arsenal + Internet + WUMS + Bad journalism + boredom + Frustration + quick response function = Message Board Thread.

The problem with the speed at which news, rumours etc travel, and the ability to debate this within a few minutes mean that some things are not thought through. However, the general concensus is one of concern for the club, and quite rightly, those that run the club should be targeted, because that's what they're paid to do.

However, one of the problems is that what we hear is often very unreliable. It's good to debate it, because it's interesting. But to be outraged of extactic in the same measure at something that hasn't happened, or has little evidence that it will happen, is a little stupid. Furthermore, blaming Wenger / The Board / Eboue for that, before it's happened is also stupid.

We also know that Arsenal never do business through the media, and we never know what is happening for certain until it is confirmed by the club. Frustrating as it is, it's probably a wise thing, and it's also a quality which the club has retained for many years. And I quite like that personally. A bit of class in comparison to classless cunts like Barca.

That said, given the level of the frustration currently surrounding the club, based on that awful 3 months at the end of the season; The failure each season of the last three, to do what was necessary, obvious and within our means; and the really awful, outdated, corporate, unthoughtful media feed from the club. It is quite understandable that people are outraged, and are demanding explanation and change.

We are at a crossroads. And whilst I prefer to be a little less reactive, I can quite understand the OTT comments, and believe me, they are relevant. Possibly OTT, but nonetheless relevant.

GOOD POST
puts thing nicely in perspective I think
it is frustrating as we all believe that we know what the problem is and all have an opiniob about what to do
however an Arsenal not born the day before yesterday knoes all to well the way rhe club does business, the fact that the papers have not been able to confirm Gervinho for so long is proof of that, young uns or the cheapos get reported quickly
this wont change and why should it, I think most fans do mot want to see another Squid like buy,
but big money signings take time, Utd and Citeh can do it because they hold bigger attraction or massive incentives - we I imagine have to do far more convincing especially considering the state of things, possible departures etc

GW allows people to vent and sometimes take the piss, which as an average Joe, I think I have the right considering the pedestal some are on because of their position (at the club)

we dont have control over the reins and we have to go with the choices of otherd even if it is anoyher Squid but that as some have said is what we have yo get on with, its the life we have. . . Arsenal 100%

Letters and all the other Mods, past and present, thank you for the job you do and putting us straight from time to time

Tbh I love seeing mods go at each other (popcorn) - (still no smilies)

Cripps_orig
06-07-2011, 05:26 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/07/06/2563170/arsenal-given-a-10-day-deadline-by-bolton-wanderers-to-sign-gary-

Looks like Cahill is out of the question.

The 10 days finishes before the waiting period ends

Darth Vela
06-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Considering no-one had bid as of yesterday, I guess we're negotiating quicker than most seem to think.

Master Splinter
06-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Goal.com :lol:

Makes tribalfootball.com look good.

Sirjackofwilshere
06-07-2011, 07:20 PM
northbanklower (http://twitter.com/#%21/northbanklower) wearethenorthbank

Gervinho announcement likely to be delayed until Friday as there has been a hold up with the paperwork. You couldn't make it up! #Arsenal (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Arsenal)

Doing away with efficiency and ruthlessness since 2004 :bow:

Master Splinter
06-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Wes Brown joining Sunderland.

:unsure:

Marc Overmars
06-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Wes Brown joining Sunderland.

:unsure:

It will be interesting to see how United adapt to having pretty much none of their old guard to be the reliable squad players to come in and do a job.

Sunderland are interested in O'Shea as well.

Master Splinter
06-07-2011, 07:35 PM
It will be interesting to see how United adapt to having pretty much none of their old guard to be the reliable squad players to come in and do a job.

Giggs and Fergie are still there though.

Fergie will always be there.

Unai Tea
06-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Fergie will always be there.

Even if one day he'll just be a bad smell and a treasured wad of chewed bubble gum.

Coney
06-07-2011, 08:27 PM

Sunderland are interested in O'Shea as well.

It would be so ironic if we buy some backbone and succeed while manu do 'an Arsenal' next year by having a lot of potential with almost no experienced players and only just scrape 4th.

Marc Overmars
06-07-2011, 09:11 PM
It would be so ironic if we buy some backbone and succeed while manu do 'an Arsenal' next year by having a lot of potential with almost no experienced players and only just scrape 4th.

That would be pretty sweet but unfortunately under Fergie I don't think they'll ever go through the sort of transition and turnover of players we've endured for so long.

AKBapologist
06-07-2011, 09:19 PM
@DarrenArsenal1 - Times going with story that Nasri will tell club he wants a transfer and wants to join MUFC. MUFC lodged £20m bid 10 days ago it reports

Spin with this story sounds like Times has been 'advised' of what is going to happen from Nasri's side. Agents doing work again.

Whatever you say about Modric, at least he had the guts to come out and say he wanted to leave. #nasri #arsenal

Marc Overmars
06-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Levy has forced Modric to stay.

Fair play tbh.

AKBapologist
06-07-2011, 09:40 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8620202/Arsenal-close-to-first-major-summer-signing-as-Gervinho-undergoes-medical.html

Marc Overmars
06-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Hopefully the trickery, strength and pace of Gervinho isn't coached out of him. :coffee:

Coney
06-07-2011, 09:45 PM
@DarrenArsenal1 - Times going with story that Nasri will tell club he wants a transfer and wants to join MUFC. MUFC lodged £20m bid 10 days ago it reports

Spin with this story sounds like Times has been 'advised' of what is going to happen from Nasri's side. Agents doing work again.

Whatever you say about Modric, at least he had the guts to come out and say he wanted to leave. #nasri #arsenal

Maybe they tapped his mobile? After all, The Times is a Murdoch paper. ;)

Özim
06-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Apparently this unknown Gervinho is a "major signing".

Mr.Singh
06-07-2011, 10:17 PM

Hardly unknown mate....as long this is the start of the spending then its all good

AKBapologist
06-07-2011, 10:18 PM
http://wearethenorthbank.com/arsenal-line-up-mata-and-benzema-as-fabregas-nears-exit/#comment-260

Marc Overmars
06-07-2011, 10:20 PM
http://wearethenorthbank.com/arsenal-line-up-mata-and-benzema-as-fabregas-nears-exit/#comment-260

That would be pretty awesome.

Injury Time
06-07-2011, 10:24 PM
He's known :unsure:
Gervinho’s impact for Lille diminished during the middle two months of last season and, at 24, he remains unproven in the Champions League.
“He will score some incredible goals but there will also be moments when you do not see much of him,” said Laurens. “The one question would be over his consistency but he is at an age where there is still scope for big improvement.”

AKBapologist
06-07-2011, 10:33 PM
@Younggunsblog: Valencia President Manuel Llorente tells Marca Juan Mata will stay at the club. Mata himself said he'll stay last week.
@Younggunsblog: Arsenal and Liverpool certainly have a long term interest in Mata, but doubt either have cash to make Valencia sell.
@Younggunsblog: @GoonerTalk - On the subject of Benzema, Mourinho said he was 'intransferable' earlier in the season. Doubt anybody has cash to buy him.
@Younggunsblog: @transferaddict @GoonerTalk - Mourinho also said Higuain was intransferable.

@Younggunsblog laying down a heavy dose of reality - my Favorite blogger...

AKBapologist
06-07-2011, 10:44 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2012037/Arsenal-make-27m-bid-Real-Madrids-Karim-Benzema.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8621278/Arsenals-Samir-Nasri-set-to-demand-a-move-to-Manchester-United-when-he-meets-Arsene-Wenger.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/06/cesc-fabregas-arsenal?

Injury Time
06-07-2011, 10:52 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2012037/Arsenal-make-27m-bid-Real-Madrids-Karim-Benzema.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8621278/Arsenals-Samir-Nasri-set-to-demand-a-move-to-Manchester-United-when-he-meets-Arsene-Wenger.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/06/cesc-fabregas-arsenal?

Any chance you could quote the articles or relevant paragraph rather just a link please? :tiphat:

AKBapologist
06-07-2011, 10:57 PM
None are worth the effort tbh.

Injury Time
06-07-2011, 11:09 PM
None are worth the effort tbh.
Then why post the links? :blink:

AKBapologist
06-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Then why post the links? :blink:
Because it's easier than formatting quotes?

Very little new in either of them, if there was I would post quotes, italize and embolden! :thumbsup:

AKBapologist
06-07-2011, 11:43 PM
"We will not talk about signings until we have done the deal.... We respect the clubs that own the players that we would like to sign. We work along the lines of respect.”

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-warned-Barcelona-wont-pay-40m-Cesc-Fabregas-will-bid-30m-plus-two-youngsters-article761281.html#ixzz1RN6qRmyU
http://failheap-challenge.com/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

AKBapologist
06-07-2011, 11:58 PM
http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/07/samir-nasri-manchester-united-arsenal?cat=football&type=article

Copy and pasting is so much harder with this new skin using my iPhone.

Manchester United's £20m offer for Samir Nasri is rejected by Arsenal
• Arsenal tell United they will not sell for less than £25m
• Nasri due to return to training on Thursday

Manchester City, Chelsea and Inter may also make bids for Samir Nasri after hearing of United's £20m offer. Photograph: Kerim Okten/EPA
Daniel Taylor and Dominic Fifield
The Guardian, Thu 7 Jul 2011 00.28 BST
Arsenal have turned down Manchester United's opening offer for Samir Nasri and told the champions they will not sell the Frenchman unless they receive a bid of at least £25m. United must now decide whether they are willing to meet the asking price and put together an improved financial package after it emerged on Wednesday they had placed an offer of just under £20m two weeks ago.
The clubs had agreed at the time not to publicise the bid but it is now clear that United, having already spent £50m on Phil Jones, David de Gea and Ashley Young, have made the first decisive move towards bringing Nasri to Old Trafford and reinforcing their position as the major force in the summer transfer market so far.
At the same time, they are threatening to make it an even more traumatic summer for Arsène Wenger, who is already faced by the near-certainty of Cesc Fábregas's departure to Barcelona and now confronted by the distinct possibility of losing another of his key players. Nasri is due to return to Arsenal for pre-season training on Thursday and the expectation is that the 24-year-old, in the final year of his contract, will inform the club he wants to leave. Arsenal are willing to award him a vastly improved salary but they will still find it difficult to compete with the money on offer from Old Trafford.
The news of United's bid may trigger counter-offers from Manchester City, Internazionale and Chelsea, who have monitored Nasri's potential availability and are weighing up whether to turn their interest into something more concrete.
City distanced themselves from reports last week they had made a £20m bid, saying there had been no talks between themselves and Arsenal and that, at that stage, none were planned. They are, however, reconsidering their options after the failed move for Alexis Sánchez of Udinese. Should they decide to compete against United, City would also be confident they have the financial power to offer Nasri the best deal. The difficulty for Arsenal is that Nasri will be available as a free transfer in a year's time and, unless he signs a new contract, his value will start to depreciate sharply. Wenger, therefore, must decide whether it would be better for the club to cash in on the player and put the money towards rebuilding.

Japan Shaking All Over
07-07-2011, 12:19 AM

that would make good business in my eyes. . .

still would need CB(s)

would Maxwell+cash be enough?

Japan Shaking All Over
07-07-2011, 12:31 AM

to be honest he is and he isnt unknown, to us he is cos we have seen nothing of him but to French football and to a lesser extent the international game he isn't

but given that he had kicked a ball in a competitive league (debatable) indicates that he wont need to be sent out on loan like the usual under 12 signings Wenger pulls out in the summer
the same, I know could be said about Kos and Squacl but AW was looking for cover and obviously made a mistake, IMO Kos did OK the other was a disaster
with Gervinho, Wenger has gone after someone who he belives is an upgrade, 'major signing' ummmmmmm?
but could have the makings of a cult hero, specially with the spam

Niall_Quinn
07-07-2011, 01:00 AM
FWIW I have no problem with negativity although it can be exasperating at times.
Niall_Quinn, for example. Don't agree with much of what he says but it's well written and thought provoking and can be engaged with.
It's the repeated hyperbole and moaning about stuff which hasn't even happened yet which is grating more.

Fucking what? I'm the most positive person on the forum, FFS! Happiness shines out of my anus, I'll have you know. Which bit did you think was negative?

Niall_Quinn
07-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Barcelona are "sticking to their guns" by demanding we pay £7mill for two kids we just picked up for 700K. How does that work then? Does it work for anyone? Why don't we just offer Real £5mill for Ronaldo and say they owe us an extra £75mill from the Anelka deal? Then we can stick to our guns until they accept.

Cripps_orig
07-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Tottenham are to press ahead in their efforts to beat Arsenal to Spain Under-21 star Juan Mata, with Valencia willing to sell the winger for £21m. Full story: Daily MailManager Arsene Wenger will launch a £27million move for Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema in an attempt to offset the likely loss of Arsenal stars Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.Full story: Daily Mail:lol:Does the mail seriously think we'll spend £48m on 2 players?

Japan Shaking All Over
07-07-2011, 01:49 AM
:lol:Does the mail seriously think we'll spend £48m on 2 players?

:pray:on those two.......I hope so!

:getcoat:

Master Splinter
07-07-2011, 02:09 AM
Benzema
Gervinho
Mata
Cahill
Ugly Theo

Vinegar :bow:

But Dennis Bendnter will still be here :(.

The Verminator
07-07-2011, 02:24 AM

No.

They make up stories about who we're in for on an almost daily basis.

Toronto Gooner
07-07-2011, 02:46 AM
Does the Mail really expect Spurs to spend £21 million when news reports have stated that 'Arry has to sell before he can buy?

Japan Shaking All Over
07-07-2011, 02:57 AM
@Younggunsblog: Valencia President Manuel Llorente tells Marca Juan Mata will stay at the club. Mata himself said he'll stay last week.
@Younggunsblog: Arsenal and Liverpool certainly have a long term interest in Mata, but doubt either have cash to make Valencia sell.
@Younggunsblog: @GoonerTalk - On the subject of Benzema, Mourinho said he was 'intransferable' earlier in the season. Doubt anybody has cash to buy him.
@Younggunsblog: @transferaddict @GoonerTalk - Mourinho also said Higuain was intransferable.

@Younggunsblog laying down a heavy dose of reality - my Favorite blogger...

Maureen proving he still has a bag of 2 pences worth to give........

Maureen future Arsenal manager?

wonder what he would do with the current structure at the club?

Injury Time
07-07-2011, 06:30 AM
http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/07/samir-nasri-manchester-united-arsenal?cat=football&type=article

Copy and pasting is so much harder with this new skin using my iPhone.
I appreciate your efforts :good:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Graham Hunter just said on SSN that it is fact Arsenal and another Premier League club (Liverpool I guess) are talking to Mata and he fully expects Mata to leave Valencia. 25m Euros buyout clause apparently.

selassie
07-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Graham Hunter just said on SSN that it is fact Arsenal and another Premier League club (Liverpool I guess) are talking to Mata and he fully expects Mata to leave Valencia. £25m Euros buyout clause apparently.

Nasri replacement?

McNamara That Ghost...
07-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Nasri replacement?

I hope not, hoping it's more like a Rosicky replacement. Or Arshavin. Although Arshavin's productivity even in a 'shit' season is ridiculous.

Flavs
07-07-2011, 08:15 AM
I see Manyoo are after the moose man :upset:

Oh and John O shea and Wes brown are signing for Sunderland today and Charlie "pele" Adam for the scouse

Letters
07-07-2011, 08:22 AM

He's not an unknown. I'm not sure he's a major signing either but I've only seen the press report him as such.
Are you now contriving to blame Arsenal or Wenger for newspaper headlines?
You'll be blaming the club for hacking Milly Dowler's phone next. Sheesh!

Özim
07-07-2011, 08:25 AM
He's not an unknown. I'm not sure he's a major signing either but I've only seen the press report him as such.
How is that blaming Wenger exactly?

I was commenting on their headline that it was a major signing, it's definitely not. He's an untested player from the French league basically, not an established proven player, we're signing a player with potential not the finished article.

Is that the signings we should be going for? If we bring in established players as well then why not, if however we sign other players just like him and don't sign proven players I'm not so sure. Think we need players who are the real deal and will hit the ground running at this stage, not players who will take a season to settle in.

Fats
07-07-2011, 08:28 AM

Letters you really need to calm down mate

Hardly anyone had herd of Gerbil before our interest and IMHO the guy is a gamble and not a major signing in any way shape or form

I_Killed_Kenny
07-07-2011, 08:32 AM
i would agree he is not a "major" signing but he is not exactly some teenager picked up to potentially blossom in 3-4 years. he is a full international and is ready to play now not just in the mickey mouse cup. we wont get major etoo style signings so for us this is probably major. he will step straight into the team. how much more established and ready to people want?

Kaiser
07-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Tbf, Gervinho is neither an unknown nor is he a major signing. But we never sign big names (bar Bergkamp and maybe Campbell but that was over ten years ago). He fits the more recent kind of signing, like Vermaelen, Eduardo, Sagna etc in that he's early twenties in age and has proven himself in a smaller European league (and also for his country and maybe even in the CL), ready to step up to our level. But because of the type of player he is (18 goals and 10 assists in all comps last season), we definitely need him, because it seems he would bring a much-needed variety to our attacking game. It's a start, but there are obvious places where we need to rebuild, as has been the case for years now.

Boss
07-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Gervinho is a project but he should be willing to play after he settles in. The problem is that it may take him 2-3 months to settle in and then he's missing for two months in winter for the ACoN, so we probably won't see the best of him this season.

That said, I think he was a good buy and offers us something different, I'm happy that we've signed a pacy attacker to go with our more continental ones.

The problem with Wenger is that he always replaces, rarely strengthens in terms of transfers. So far we're one in, one out (don't count Jenkinson as anything more than a youth player) so we're still even with the potential departures of Cesc/Nasri.

Özim
07-07-2011, 08:37 AM
how much more established and ready to people want?
He's played for Lille for a couple years and before that for Le Mans for a couple years, he's basically spent a few years in the French league, in my book that's not really an established player.

He's like all those other players from the French league we tend to buy relatively untested, it will take him time to adapt and he's been playing at a lower level all his career.

How much more major, we'll I'd personally prefer players who have either played in England or Spain, maybe even Italy as these tend to be harder leagues.

He's a player with potential basically.

LDG
07-07-2011, 08:38 AM
D'ya know what.

I reckon we'll get Benzema.

I have no substance to my statement. I just got a feeling.

I also need a wee though. So it could be that.

Letters
07-07-2011, 08:39 AM
I was commenting on their headline that it was a major signing, it's definitely not.

So? He's not an unknown or some French kid who may come good in 5 years. What was the point in commenting on it unless it was to have another moan. We can't control what the press write.

I looked up his stats, they're not spectacular but he just won the French league and seems decent enough. I'd be disappointed if he's the only player we sign but it seems like a decent enough signing.

There's no guarantee a big name player would hit the ground running btw, Torres at Chelsea? It's more likely I guess but even Bergkamp took a while to get going and Henry was a little hit and miss in his first season.

Kaiser
07-07-2011, 08:40 AM
I think we should be looking at the Bundesliga more. Similar style, but probably a little less physical and more technical. It'd be easier for players to adapt from there to the EPL. Someone like Bayer Leverkusen's Arturo Vidal, who only has a year left on his deal, would be perfect to beef up our midfield and provide competition to Song and Jack.

I_Killed_Kenny
realistically speaking - we wont sign anyone of a high standard from the likes of AC or real say. I very much doubt mata or benzema will come to us - will eat my hat if i am wrong. i just cant see it so if we sign 6 gervinho style "established" players i would prefer that then 1 mata type player and a host of kids

Özim
Tbf, Gervinho is neither an unknown nor is he a major signing. But we never sign big names (bar Bergkamp and maybe Campbell but that was over ten years ago). He fits the more recent kind of signing, like Vermaelen, Eduardo, Sagna etc in that he's early twenties in age and has proven himself in a smaller European league (and also for his country and maybe even in the CL), ready to step up to our level. But because of the type of player he is (18 goals and 10 assists in all comps last season), we definitely need him, because it seems he would bring a much-needed variety to our attacking game. It's a start, but there are obvious places where we need to rebuild, as has been the case for years now.
I think we could use some more established players now, we're always buying potential, trouble with that is it takes time for them to bed in (look at Nasri for example).

He's never played in the CL I don't think and whilst he's an interesting signing, I can't see him making much of an impact next season as it will take him a while to settle. That's the problem, we're always building and never the finished article.

Letters
07-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Hardly anyone had herd of Gerbil before our interest and IMHO the guy is a gamble and not a major signing in any way shape or form

I said he wasn't a major signing :good:
He's not an unknown either though, and I couldn't see the point of Zim's post. Why comment on a newspaper headline?

Özim
07-07-2011, 08:43 AM
So? He's not an unknown or some French kid who may come good in 5 years. What was the point in commenting on it unless it was to have another moan. We can't control what the press write.

I looked up his stats, they're not spectacular but he just won the French league and seems decent enough. I'd be disappointed if he's the only player we sign but it seems like a decent enough signing.

There's no guarantee a big name player would hit the ground running btw, Torres at Chelsea? It's more likely I guess but even Bergkamp took a while to get going and Henry was a little hit and miss in his first season.
We know it takes players from smaller leagues time to settle in generally, if we signed more proven players the waiting time isn't as long. Both Bergkampo and Henry took abotu 7-10 matches to settle in, Bergkamp scored in his 7th match and never looked back Henry scored quite a few in his first season 20+ I believe.

I reckon we won't see anythign like his best before the 2012-13 season as it will take him some time to get use to the different style of football.

Kaiser
Neither had Sagna and he fitted in perfectly, defensively at least. Trouble is, he'd cost far more if he played in the CL. And you know we're tight/fiscally prudent (delete as appropriate) with money...

Özim
I said he wasn't a major signing :good:
He's not an unknown either though, and I couldn't see the point of Zim's post. Why comment on a newspaper headline?
So did you know about him before we were linked with him then?

I can't say I did except from PES.

Hazard is better known, as is Gourcuff etc but Gervinho I'd say isn't.

Özim
07-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Neither had Sagna and he fitted in perfectly, defensively at least. Trouble is, he'd cost far more if he played in the CL. And you know we're tight/fiscally prudent (delete as appropriate) with money...
yeah he was one who did (though he was awful the following season), but on the whole they do take time to settle.

Yes we are frugal, but if we lose Cesc and Nasri frankly we need quality replacemements not projects. I'd say that after last season we needed more established players though who know how to deal with pressure situations

McNamara That Ghost...
07-07-2011, 08:46 AM
The media just say 'major signing' as a stock phrase way of differing from us say, signing a youth team player.

Letters
07-07-2011, 08:48 AM

I don't follow European football. I don't really follow English football these days tbh.
So no but that's irrelevant. I haven't heard of lots of players who are known in the game.
I'd never heard of a lot of players Wenger's bought who turned out to be brilliant signings. I've agreed with you he isn't a major signing but I couldn't see the point of your post when it was commenting on a newspaper headline which we have no control over.
From what I've read about him he seems decent enough, not a major signing but not an unknown either.

AKBapologist
07-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Gourcuff is better known for being shit.

Hazard is exactly the type of player I don't want any more. RIP tippy tappy midfielders.

LDG
07-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Gourcuff is better known for being shit.

Hazard is exactly the type of player I don't want any more. RIP tippy tappy midfielders.

Bulldozer MrkII :bow:

Boss
07-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Ian Wright has spoken of his dismay at Arsenal's transfer dealings this summer after Gael Clichy left for Manchester City.

Samir Nasri could also be set to leave the club this summer after being linked with moves to Premier League rivals City, Manchester United and Chelsea, while Barcelona are said to have made an improved offer for captain Cesc Fabregas.

Arsenal legend Wright, who scored 185 goals for the club, says Arsene Wenger's side will struggle to attract "top players" if more stars leave the Emirates.

Writing in his column for The Sun, Wright said: "Gael Clichy's move to Manchester City wouldn't bother me much in normal circumstances as Kieran Gibbs is coming through nicely.

"But now it looks like Samir Nasri is set to join him.
"Since when did Arsenal become Manchester City's feeder club?

"With Cesc Fabregas looking a goner to Barcelona too, it's very, very sad to see. How on earth will Arsene Wenger attract any top players to Arsenal?

"It's come to something when a player like Clichy feels Arsenal is not good enough for him any more. He can see that Man City is going to be challenging for top trophies next season.

"Arsenal are being left behind. And the trouble is, when all the top-class players have gone, it becomes extremely difficult to lure other top players to your club.

"Wenger has put his faith in picking up little gems from abroad, little-known players who he can nurture and develop.

"I'd love to see Wenger being given the same sort of transfer pot that the likes of Chelsea will get. The same backing Alex Ferguson enjoys at Manchester United.

"But I have my suspicions that he would still dither about, take too long to make up his mind and then plump for someone in France or Spain hardly any of us have ever heard of.
---------------
"Wenger is still the right man for the job but he needs proper backing and I do feel that sometimes he needs a good shaking."

Wright also highlighted some signings he believes Wenger should make, suggesting that Michael Essien, Joe Hart and Vincent Kompany would be great additions to the Arsenal squad.

"What I'd like to see are some bullish signings," he added.

"Go out and chase the likes of Michael Essien. Get him back on top form and he's a fabulous player.

"Then go for keeper Joe Hart and Vincent Kompany and get your own back on Manchester City.

"Make the rest of English football sit up and take notice for once - not just Arsenal fans who can see the lights going out on their club."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/07/07/2564292/when-did-arsenal-become-manchester-citys-feeder-club-ian?

Spot on for the first half of the interview, must have been on crack for the second half. :lol:

Letters
07-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Ian Wright is a dick, tbh.

Mr.Singh
07-07-2011, 09:15 AM

Wenger is a bigger prick, tbh

toothless gibbon
07-07-2011, 09:21 AM

I can't say I did except from PES.

Hazard is better known, as is Gourcuff etc but Gervinho I'd say isn't.

We have been "following" and "linked with" Gervinho since his days at Beveren and I for one have followed his form since then. The SSN news story from 2008 has been deleted but here's another one:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/le-mans-forward-gervinho-flattered-arsenal-interest-183545

I doubt many people knew about him before 2008 though, no.

Letters
07-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Wenger is a bigger prick, tbh

Well. No.

LDG
07-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Lol.

Chill bros.

Mr.Singh
07-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Letters is having mad chills over his hero its okay I understand lad

Japan Shaking All Over
07-07-2011, 09:55 AM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/07/07/2564292/when-did-arsenal-become-manchester-citys-feeder-club-ian?

Spot on for the first half of the interview, must have been on crack for the second half. :lol:

"Then go for keeper Joe Hart and Vincent Kompany and get your own back on Manchester City.

yeah right......wait Ian let me if I do this:banghead: would that get Citeh to give up Kompany?

Darth Vela
07-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Good ole Wrighty, at least his hearts in the right place. Probably.

I think this 'marquee signing' that everyone's waiting for is pretty dependent on other deals, namely Cesc and Nasri. The way I look at it the moment is that if a few guys go out (two of Nasry/Arshavin/Rosicky would do it imo) we'll get in Mata and if Cesc goes we'll probably see a Benzema-sized signing soon after.

Power n Glory
07-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Wright is right. Lol

Selling Clichy to City doesn't look good, especially with other players linked with a move away. But it's done now.

Wenger Has to get it right with his transfers this season. I'll Gervinho a chance. Not impressed by the YouTube clips, but I like what some of said about his style of play. If he's the type to run at defenders, dribble and making runs behind defenders then that is what we need on the flanks. I heard his passing is dodgy but make that's a good thing. Like Theo, he'll know where his main strength is and focus on that to give himself and the team an advantage. None of that tippy tappy crap. Wenger has to build a team that have individual players with unique functions. The old invincible team had that. With this current lot, the only player that has a distinctive style of attack is Theo. With the Wenger's old team, we had Bergkamp and Henry. Ljunberg, Wiltord and Pires. Paddy and Gilberto. I miss the old days.

Darth Vela
07-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Indeed PnG, he's the right style of guy we need so probably a step in the right direction.

Also, we've got plenty of individual styles, Eboue has his very own patented 'knock it past them and fall over', Arshavin has his 'run for 5 minutes then sit and have a pie' and Rosicky now has the 'pass and move to somewhere you're not useful' down to an art; they're admittedly not too effective though :d

LDG
07-07-2011, 10:56 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/38539/pre-season-training-picture-special

Arsene looking relaxed.

What a cunt :sulk:

Özim
07-07-2011, 11:05 AM
So someone says what they think and it doesn't include praising Wenger and they're a d*ck?

Wenger has been BS and taking the fans for granted for years now, lots of people have been speaking out about his methods recently, they can't all be wrong. I'd say judging from the last 6 years he is.

LDG
07-07-2011, 11:18 AM
So someone says what they think and it doesn't include praising Wenger and they're a d*ck?

Wenger has been BS and taking the fans for granted for years now, lots of people have been speaking out about his methods recently, they can't all be wrong. I'd say judging from the last 6 years he is.

Oh things have definitely gone wrong, and Wenger has a big part to play in those failings....however, I don't think we'll ever know the full justification of those policies adopted by the manager.

I would has at a guess, that there is much more than meets the eye to the way we have run the footballing side of the club. Wenger has played a part, but under what contraints or demands, we'll never know.

I think he's a servant to what the club has dictated, but with a certain licence to train the players how he sees fit, as long as he meets the tagets requested of him.

I blame him for the blithering errors in our tactics, our defensive shambles, and a lack of plan b, and for some of the attitude problems we have on the pitch. those are all obvious.

I blame him in part for not doing the simple thing of strengthening in January windows when we're on a flyer, top of the league and in all competitions....those are the times when he should be more ruthless, and ask questions of his bosses.

But there are many things behind the scenes which are tying his hands. Of that, I am sure.

Boss
07-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Chris Samba's future at Blackburn has been plunged into doubt with news that Cedric Mongongu is set to move to Ewood Park as his replacement.Blackburn have agreed a deal of around £2.3m for the strong Monaco defender and he's now destined for Lancashire.

Monaco face a losing battle to keep hold of all their stars this summer as they face up to relegation to Ligue 2 and Steve Kean (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/term/steve-kean) has capitalised on this with a bold move for Mongongu, a Congo international.

The physically imposing 22-year-old is now set to fly to Rovers (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/clubs/t5/blackburn) for talks and this could mean the end of Samba at Ewood Park, withArsenal (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/clubs/t3/arsenal) keen on him.

Arsene Wenger (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/term/arsene-wenger) has been tracking Samba all summer and wants him to add some steel to his flaky Arsenal defence.

And with Mongongu seemingly on his way to Blackburn, Kean could be about to cash in on Samba, with Tottenham (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/clubs/t6/tottenham) also interested.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8865/1/sambas-future-doubt-blackburn-make-move-monaco-defender?

Mongongu... rofl.

AKBapologist
07-07-2011, 11:23 AM
The times are reporting that we've officially opened talks to sign Mata, whilst we're also monitoring Vidal and Lavezzi

Niall_Quinn
07-07-2011, 11:25 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/38539/pre-season-training-picture-special

Arsene looking relaxed.

What a cunt :sulk:

Do you reckon he's starting to look like an old lady rather than an old geezer? Maybe he's on the same hormone stuff Nasri is on, maybe Nasri is his supplier, maybe that's why he doesn't want him to go. Maybe his balls fell off in 2005, that would explain everything, in fact that's probably what happened and that's why he's turning into an old bird now. It makes sense. That's why he's waiting for his period to be over, because he can't concentrate on doing the deals and he's getting cranky in the meetings. This would also explain his policy of insisting toilet seats at the club are put down after use, and then there was his girly slide off the yacht. There's also his mothering instinct, he doesn't let anyone fuck with his boys and loves them even when they are naughty (or shit).

Or were you talking about Bendtner?

LDG
07-07-2011, 11:31 AM

Just

Japan Shaking All Over
07-07-2011, 11:33 AM
The times are reporting that we've officially opened talks to sign Mata, whilst we're also monitoring Vidal and Lavezzi

just realised why there isn't a link......clicked on to sport and got asked to pay a pound......FO.....guess I'm not the only tight arse round here......thnaks for the news AK

AKBapologist
07-07-2011, 11:33 AM
NQ reminding me why he's on my ignore list... :haha:

Japan Shaking All Over
07-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Do you reckon he's starting to look like an old lady rather than an old geezer? Maybe he's on the same hormone stuff Nasri is on, maybe Nasri is his supplier, maybe that's why he doesn't want him to go. Maybe his balls fell off in 2005, that would explain everything, in fact that's probably what happened and that's why he's turning into an old bird now. It makes sense. That's why he's waiting for his period to be over, because he can't concentrate on doing the deals and he's getting cranky in the meetings. This would also explain his policy of insisting toilet seats at the club are put down after use, and then there was his girly slide off the yacht. There's also his mothering instinct, he doesn't let anyone fuck with his boys and loves them even when they are naughty (or shit).

Fucking what? I'm the most positive person on the forum, FFS! Happiness shines out of my anus, I'll have you know. Which bit did you think was negative?

too right NQ! me too can't find an iota of negativity with your posts.......what the hell are people talking about? :console:

Fats
07-07-2011, 11:50 AM

Laughing that shit up TBH

Syn
07-07-2011, 12:40 PM

selassie
07-07-2011, 01:06 PM

Fist of Lehmann
07-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Bulldozer MrkII :bow:

What are you saying with that, blud?

Boss
07-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Philippe Auclair on how Gervinho will fit in at Arsenal and about how Nasri may have burnt his bridges with us. He says Nasri's deal was wrapped up in March but some issues with agents meant that fucked up. Says there's no chance of him going to Italy.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/hawksbee-and-jacobs/blog/2011-07-07/auclair-nasri-may-have-burnt-his-bridges-arsenal?

LDG
07-07-2011, 02:37 PM
What are you saying with that, blud?

Bulldozer MrkI failed. Crashed. Burned.

JCB's were lying wrecked at the side of the road.

Letters
07-07-2011, 03:03 PM

But... :blink:

Fist of Lehmann
07-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Bulldozer MrkI failed. Crashed. Burned.

JCB's were lying wrecked at the side of the road.

You're being deliberately obfuscatory. You and your damn mindgames. >_>

Coney
07-07-2011, 03:26 PM

Who? ;)

LDG
07-07-2011, 03:28 PM
You're being deliberately obfuscatory. You and your damn mindgames. >_>

Was reference to Jamie Redknapp and his comments on Chelsea bulldozing their way to the title last season from 13 points behind.....which they quite literally didn't.

If we can get some direct rough and tumble into our game, we could be the new and improved bulldozer.

It really doesn't matter.

And I've wasted precious time explaining this, when I could have been reading something equally tedious, such as a letters du jour thread, or one of coney's puns.

Fist of Lehmann
07-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Was reference to Jamie Redknapp and his comments...

Ah. Now I understand. He's another one on my ignore list. Literally.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Sky Sports sources understand that Arsenal have yet to receive a formal offer for Samir Nasri following an enquiry from Manchester United.

Reports had suggested that the Gunners had rejected an offer in the region of £20million from the Premier League champions.

It was also claimed that Arsenal might be prepared to sell the Frenchman, who has just one year remaining on his current contract, for around £25m.

However, it is believed that no club has yet attempted to test their resolve by tabling an official proposal.

United are thought to have made contact to ask about the 24-year-old's availability, while it emerged earlier this week that Chelsea had also entered the chase.

Manchester City have been linked as well with a player who has been at the Emirates Stadium since 2008 but has yet to win a major trophy.

This lack of silverware has fuelled intense speculation about the future of Nasri, who has ambitions to be more successful.

Arsene Wenger has previously stressed his determination to keep the midfielder, saying that Nasri has come a long way with the Gunners and can continue to progress without going elsewhere.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7025155,00.html

Olivier's xmas twist
07-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Manchester City are in talks to sign Sergio Aguero but want to sort out Carlos Tevez's future before capturing his fellow Argentine.

City have no plans to pair up Aguero and Tevez but have already began putting moves in place for life after their captain, who announced on Monday that he wants to leave City this summer.
They have identified Aguero, who scored 20 league goals and 27 in all competitions last season, as a high-calibre attacker who can either lead the front line or play in one of the three attacking positions behind the main striker.

Atletico Madrid are quoting suitors £40 million for their prize asset, who has also attracted interest from Juventus and Real Madrid, but City are confident they can land the 23-year-old for £35m.

Aguero is currently representing Argentina at the Copa America and has said he will not make a firm decision on his future until the tournament finishes later this month

“City are keen to sign him but a deal is still a long way from being done,” a source told Goal.com.

“It depends on what happens to Tevez. City want to sell Tevez or be confident they have a buyer in place before signing Aguero.”

Real Madrid and Chelsea lead the race for Tevez, who has said he wants to leave City to be closer to his two young daughters, who live in Argentina.

City are adamant that they will not let Tevez leave for less than £50m, although they are believed to be willing to consider quality players as part of a swap deal.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/07/07/2564751/manchester-city-in-talks-to-sign-35m-sergio-aguero-but-keen

Probs shite from goal.com but £35 Million for Aguero is a steal tbh and he is worth more then tevez anyway

Olivier's xmas twist
07-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Skysports.com understands a number of clubs are monitoring Micah Richards' contract situation at Manchester City.

Manchester City have opened talks with Richards about a contract extension with the England international having two years to run on his present deal.

The 23-year-old, who is thought to be on £50,000 a week, is believed to be among the lowest earners in City's star-studded squad.

Richards was Roberto Mancini's first-choice right-back last season and he played a key role in helping City win the FA Cup and claim a place in the UEFA Champions League by finishing third in the Premier League.

Talks are ongoing between both parties, but a deal is believed to be some way off, alerting a number of Richards' suitors.

Premier League trio Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are long-term admirers of Richards and they are all thought to be keeping tabs on developments.

All three clubs are in the market for defensive reinforcements and they could move for Richards if they are given any encouragement that he may not agree a new deal at Eastlands.

Italian giants Juventus are also thought to be interested in Richards and are weighing up a move for him should a new deal not materialise.

Richards is understood to be keen to stay at City, but if he is unable to agree a new deal he may be forced to consider his options.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7025296,00.html

Id have him and Dzeko for Nasri tbh

Master Splinter
07-07-2011, 08:47 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7025296,00.html

Id have him and Dzeko for Nasri tbh

Really? Dzeko has been shite in the PL so far and Richards is an ok right-back, but Sagna is better. He doesn't play at centre-back anymore, so is not a better option than our current players or the ones we're after in that position either.

Cripps_orig
07-07-2011, 09:14 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7025296,00.htmlId have him and Dzeko for Nasri tbh Dzekos shit but I wouldn't mind Richards here. Better than anyone we have at CB and can play right back as well

Darth Vela
07-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Frankly, I don't think it matters where we play Richards as he'd be in the team for one reason and one reason only, to use his pace and power to open a few corridors, hell we might as well play him on the wing.

Cripps_orig
07-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Arsenal want £15m rated Valencia winger Juan Mata - but to play alongside Samir Nasri rather than to replace him. Full story: Daily MirrorBarcelona are set to tempt Arsenal into accepting a cut-price transfer offer for Cesc Fabregas by throwing either Maxwell or Eric Abidal into the deal.Full story: MetroBarca are just embarrassing themselves

Ralpheroo72
08-07-2011, 12:52 AM
When is this press conference supposed to happen....:sleep:

Elreactor
08-07-2011, 01:00 AM
No news then? Will we re-sign anyone at least?

Japan Shaking All Over
08-07-2011, 02:34 AM
Dzekos shit but I wouldn't mind Richards here. Better than anyone we have at CB and can play right back as well

I agree Dzeko didnt set the PL on fire when he arrived but he was a bit of an impulse buy by Citeh, a kind of, 'look at the money we have, we can buy anyone we want and effectively stop others from getting them by doing so!'

I dont think he was the right buy for Citeh, didnt suit their play or Tevez, with the lattwr looking to leave it may work out for them in the end but I think.......it could work out but for us especially if we continue with the way we were trying to play last year, with side backs I think hr may an effective target man
He has a decent touch, good feet, holds the ball up well and can score, may need to man up for the PL but he came feom the Bundasleague (spelling?) so should be OK just not sure if he scores with his head - haven't seem much footage of that side of his game and. . . .to be fair we need to improve our crossing before we need to worry about that! miles better than Bedtner

it wouldnt be a totally shit idea to take him as part of a deal, he is slightly damaged goods because of his relatively light impact so we should receive some cash too, you take one of ours we take one of yours! Clichy you can have!

Japan Shaking All Over
08-07-2011, 03:09 AM
Barca are just embarrassing themselves

they have so much dead wood they could throw at us........once we lose another player they will be offering their leftovers at that position too

Japan Shaking All Over
08-07-2011, 03:15 AM
Frankly, I don't think it matters where we play Richards as he'd be in the team for one reason and one reason only, to use his pace and power to open a few corridors, hell we might as well play him on the wing.

Richards would be a very useful addition but than the stuff Barca or offering to sweeten a Cesc deal but I can't see it happening......says he wants to stay at Citeh and I dont think they are going to grumble giving him more money this time around, suppose it depends how active they are this summer in the transfer market, I imagine players want to play and all that but not going to happen

didnt I hear he is an Arsenal fan tho?

I_Killed_Kenny
08-07-2011, 09:28 AM
so who are we signing today. Gervinho is due for his 42nd medical and samba will sign in 48 hours, or at least thats what i have heard over the last 3-4 weeks!!!

Darth Vela
08-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Richards would be a very useful addition but than the stuff Barca or offering to sweeten a Cesc deal but I can't see it happening......says he wants to stay at Citeh and I dont think they are going to grumble giving him more money this time around, suppose it depends how active they are this summer in the transfer market, I imagine players want to play and all that but not going to happen

didnt I hear he is an Arsenal fan tho?

Yeh, I read he was an Arsenal fan too so unless we're both going mad it probably happened. :d

I'm not holding my breath over the deal that's for sure.

Fats
08-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Still nothing happening in regards to signings then. Take it we are still waiting.

The season is only 4 weeks away and still nothing.

The pre season tour starts at the weekend and still nothing.

Keep hearing that Wenger just has to buy and restructure and still nothing.

I am at a lose TBH, I keep hearing that our board and manager cant be that stupid to wait till the end of the transfer period but thats ages away and as I say the season is only 4 weeks away, what the fuck are they playing at!!!!!!!!

Alias
08-07-2011, 02:49 PM
RE: Mata

I hope if we do sign Mata its in addition to the squad and not as a Nasri replacement, as we really are going nowhere that way. Hopefully getting rid of Arshavin and Rosicky to accomadate him instead, which would send out much better messages.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Vidal will cost top price
Reported Arsenal target believed to be valued at £19million
...Bayer Leverkusen will not accept a cut-price offer for Arturo Vidal from any club outside of the Bundesliga amid reports of interest from Arsenal.

The Chile international, who is currently at the Copa America, has been linked with a move to Emirates Stadium this summer as a possible replacement for Cesc Fabregas.

It has also been reported that Vidal, 24, wants to follow former Leverkusen boss Jupp Heynckes to Bayern Munich.

But his club insist that their star player will not be sold to a Bundesliga rival, while any other club from around Europe would have to meet their asking price, which is rumoured to be in the region of £19million.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7027801,00.html

worth it? - shit with all the potential bids flying around you would think we had our very our billionaire owner!!!?

wait a minute......we do don't we? - but he aint like the other ones is he........he got class:rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Er the only link I remember seeing about him was on this forum not so long ago by KK suggesting we should go for him.

Boss
08-07-2011, 05:41 PM
ARSENE WENGER has vowed to do everything he can to keep Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri at Arsenal.

The Gunners star pair have both been linked with big-money moves away from the club, with Barcelona courting Fabregas and Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea all keen on Nasri.

But Wenger insists he is under no pressure to sell £40million-rated Fabregas - who has three years left on his contract.

And he also claimed he is confident he can convince Nasri to sign a new deal, despite the Frenchman having just a year left on his current terms.

Wenger said: "Our position is always the same, we want to keep Cesc and I will fight as hard as I can to keep him.

"Samir Nasri is exactly the same. We will do everything we can to keep him."

Nasri is expected to travel with the squad this weekend as Arsenal fly out to Malaysia at the start of their tour of Asia.

However Fabregas has a muscular injury and is likely to be left behind. Wenger added: "We will take the strongest possible squad.

"Fabregas will not travel because he still has a small muscular problem. He will stay and practice here. There is a doubt about Eboue who has done his calf."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3685502/Arsene-Wenger-aims-to-keep-Cesc-Fabregas-and-Samir-Nasri-at-Arsenal.html#ixzz1RXKdHlOD

Innit.

Master Splinter
08-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Er the only link I remember seeing about him was on this forum not so long ago by KK suggesting we should go for him.
There were a couple of stories about him a few weeks ago.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Arturo-Vidal-Bayer-Leverkusen-15million-rated-attacking-midfielder-eyed-potential-replacement-Cesc-Fabregas-Samir-Nasri-article753323.html

KSE Comedy Club
08-07-2011, 08:24 PM
And still wenger hasnt sorted out the defence - the main area that needed fixing.

Its fucking disgraceful tbh :sulk:

Bergkampwonderland10
08-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Agreed - and an Arsenal fan
Dzekos shit but I wouldn't mind Richards here. Better than anyone we have at CB and can play right back as well

fakeyank
08-07-2011, 09:36 PM
And still wenger hasnt sorted out the defence - the main area that needed fixing.

Its fucking disgraceful tbh :sulk:

Ssshhh! Dont you know its the waiting period?!

Keith
08-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Anyone reading into who is on the plane?

Cesc hasn't traveled. He'll be sold as soon as the fee is agreed.

Nasri has traveled. His agent will stay and agree his deal to stay.

KSE Comedy Club
08-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Innit.

His job is simple.

Buy some experienced, quality players to strengthen the team, and they will stay.

Simples.

Kano
08-07-2011, 11:01 PM
i don't think it's that simple at all

GP
08-07-2011, 11:20 PM
His job is simple.

Buy some experienced, quality players to strengthen the team, and they will stay.

Simples.

Easy as that, eh? :lol:

AKBapologist
08-07-2011, 11:30 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2012774/Arsenal-sell-Cesc-Fabregas-Barcelona-35m.html

Kano
08-07-2011, 11:33 PM
another day, another pointless article full of bollocks

Cripps_orig
09-07-2011, 01:03 AM
[Quote]Arsenal and Manchester City agree £23m fee for Samir Nasri.Full story: Sky Italia (in Italian[\quote]Bye

Japan Shaking All Over
09-07-2011, 01:26 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2012774/Arsenal-sell-Cesc-Fabregas-Barcelona-35m.html

OK say this goes through
thats a potential 58 mil
that and much more needs to be poured back into the team because do not tell me we need have mor for transfer before these deals

we need to spend more than we ever had.......and with that kind of cash we do not need to go after projects like Gervinho (willing to give him a chance)
nobodys like Kos (who I dont mind) or useless shit like (Eboue and Bendtner)

dark days are a foot but they can be made lighter if managed correctly......this does not have to turn out as bad as it looks from the beginning

KSE Comedy Club
09-07-2011, 01:32 AM
Easy as that, eh? :lol:

Yep.
If he'd have signed Cahill and Samba, it would strengthen our defence - the main area we are weak in. That would prove to both Cesc and Nasri that Wenger wants to fight to win again. Add Gervinho and maybe another winger and I think they would have seriously considered staying.

But instead we 'have to wait for everyone else to move first' cause its impossible for us to just get our transfer business done, without endless weeks of fucking about.

In the mean time we end up 3 1st teamers short.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Yep.
If he'd have signed Cahill and Samba, it would strengthen our defence - the main area we are weak in. That would prove to both Cesc and Nasri that Wenger wants to fight to win again. Add Gervinho and maybe another winger and I think they would have seriously considered staying.

But instead we 'have to wait for everyone else to move first' cause its impossible for us to just get our transfer business done, without endless weeks of fucking about.

In the mean time we end up 3 1st teamers short.

Wengers knows cough cough!

AKBapologist
09-07-2011, 07:53 AM
@DarrenArsenal1 - #Arsenal can't move players on who should be moved due to fees wanted combined with high wages. Need to do a MUFC and sell for low fees..

..But #Arsenal can't really do that under a financial model we work to. All monies especially transfer very important.

To poor to sell our dross. Sad times.

Boss
09-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Hugo Rodallega has claimed that Sevilla, Villarreal, Everton and Arsenal have expressed an interest in him, but for the meantime he is happy at Wigan.

The Colombian striker told Goal.com US Latino that his future is at the DW Stadium, but admitted that he has always liked Arsene Wenger's side.

"I like playing and I have many teams where I could play but for now my future is with Wigan. I have a year left on my contract, but I [would] go to another team if the opportunity arises, and well, I've always liked Arsenal.

"There are many teams interested, it's true. Villarreal, Sevilla, Arsenal also have [had] some interest, Everton of England, but it all is speculation," he stated.

The former Necaxa attacker scored pivotal goals to keep Roberto Martinez's outfit in the Premier League in 2010-11, and is currently on international duty at the Copa America.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/07/09/2567117/wigans-hugo-rodallega-arsenal-everton-villarreal-and-sevilla-are-?

RomfordPele
09-07-2011, 12:10 PM
@DarrenArsenal1 - #Arsenal can't move players on who should be moved due to fees wanted combined with high wages. Need to do a MUFC and sell for low fees..

..But #Arsenal can't really do that under a financial model we work to. All monies especially transfer very important.

To poor to sell our dross. Sad times.

How are we "too poor" though? We're owned by a multi-billionaire whose wife's family owns Walmart.

It's not that we're too poor, it's that the board (and management) is too tight and too greedy.

selassie
09-07-2011, 09:07 PM
How are we "too poor" though? We're owned by a multi-billionaire whose wife's family owns Walmart.

It's not that we're too poor, it's that the board (and management) is too tight and too greedy.

We like to do things the "right way", this means selling first team players for 10, 15 or 20 million and internally promoting from within.

We have to respect the rules and live within our means...even though we charge the highest season tickets prices in the league and pay our manager who was won nothing in six years and mismanaged the football team the highest salary in PL.

IBK
09-07-2011, 09:15 PM
We like to do things the "right way", this means selling first team players for 10, 15 or 20 million and internally promoting from within.

We have to respect the rules and live within our means...even though we charge the highest season tickets prices in the league and pay our manager who was won nothing in six years and mismanaged the football team the highest salary in PL.

But we do have to remember - ticket prices wise - that our real estate and costs are higher than Northern teams.

Xhaka Can’t
09-07-2011, 10:28 PM
But we do have to remember - ticket prices wise - that our real estate and costs are higher than Northern teams.

That's the North covered.

What about the rest of the world?

Özim
09-07-2011, 10:53 PM
That's the North covered.

What about the rest of the world?
They don't get to see champagne football or great spirit and togetherness every week.:coffee:

Sirjackofwilshere
09-07-2011, 11:01 PM
lol..I've noticed Arsenal fans have become more self-deprecating recently....what you'd expect from pub team fans tbh... :upset:

Cripps_orig
10-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Barcelona are confident they will complete a deal for Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas this week.Full story: Sunday MirrorArsenal could be set to hijack Liverpool's move for Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing.Full story: Mail on SundayArsenal are ready to bid £12m for Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Granero.Full story: caughtoffside.comManchester City lead Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid and *Barcelona in the chase for Anderlecht's 14-year-old midfielder Charly Musonda.Full story: Sunday MirrorCesc can fuck offDownings alrightWe need better than GraneroAnd the kid can fuck off

hobson's choice
10-07-2011, 03:42 AM
Great Granero just a bigger version of Denilson

Injury Time
10-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Cesc can fuck offDownings alrightWe need better than GraneroAnd the kid can fuck off
Downing, he's so shit they named a syndrome after him! seriously seen him play a few times and he is one mardy/lazy fucker off the ball...so perfect Arsenal player then :( I will cry if he joins us :crying:

toothless gibbon
10-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Downing, he's so shit they named a syndrome after him! seriously seen him play a few times and he is one mardy/lazy fucker off the ball...so perfect Arsenal player then :( I will cry if he joins us :crying:

Downings Syndrome? that doesn't really work does it...

The Realist
10-07-2011, 11:38 AM
According to the Sky Sports, Arsenal are monitoring Manchester City's defender Micah
Richards.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-07-2011, 11:43 AM
According to the Sky Sports, Arsenal are monitoring Manchester City's defender Micah
Richards.

According to sky sports were monitoring everybody lol

Japan Shaking All Over
10-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Even you!

AKBapologist
10-07-2011, 11:54 AM
In other news
:lol:
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/100342.html

Olivier's xmas twist
10-07-2011, 12:05 PM
In other news
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/100342.html

Meh no smpathy tbh should not have signed a new 4 year deal then.

AKBapologist
10-07-2011, 12:12 PM
People are thick if the still believe that all is well, were a rich club and wenger has all the power.

From the times.

"Samir Nasri has agreed to join Manchester City in a move that will more than double the French international’s weekly wage to £185,000. Arsenal have still to agree a fee but, conscious that 24-year-old Nasri has just a year left on his contract and could go for nothing in 12 months’ time, they are ready to sell for £22.2m.

Any deal will be made against the wishes of Arsène Wenger, underlining the manager’s reduced power at Arsenal since Stan Kroenke’s takeover. Though Wenger yesterday told Arsenal’s website that “we will do everything we can to keep him [Nasri]”, Kroenke authorised initial transfer talks once it became clear that Nasri intended to exploit his value as an imminent free agent.

The deal continues an Arsenal pattern of losing disgruntled players to City. Since the Abu Dhabi group’s 2008 takeover of City, Arsenal have sold Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Adebayor and Gael Clichy to the Premier League’s most affluent club. Clichy forced last week’s £7m sale by employing the same strategy as Nasri — running down the final year of his contract.

The purchase of Nasri will also emphasise City’s increased power after last week’s agreement of a 10-year “Partnership Deal” with Etihad Airways. Even though Nasri will earn more than double Arsenal’s best offer, the Frenchman still trails behind Carlos Tevez and Yaya Toure on the City pay scale. The deal follows the refusal of Udinese’s Alexis Sanchez to countenance a move to Eastlands. The Chile international prefers Barcelona, Chelsea or Manchester United."

Toronto Gooner
10-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Richards.
If he can recover his form from 3 years ago, then this might be a pretty good deal.

Toronto Gooner
10-07-2011, 12:33 PM
People are thick if the still believe that all is well, were a rich club and wenger has all the power.

From the times.
If Arsenal can get £22.2 million for a player who has had just one good HALF season and has just 12 months of his contract left, then this is good business.

The real measure of Wenger's influence and control is whether that £22.2 million is then used to buy a quality replacement rather than a bunch of new 16 year old trainees.

Kano
10-07-2011, 12:34 PM

From the times.

and that's true because you read it on the internet?

AKBapologist
10-07-2011, 12:43 PM
and that's true because you read it on the internet?
Its part of a long running trend of results, events, reports and yes, speculation from those who are either capable of investigative journalism (most of tge broad sheets) or are close to the club. (ex board, shareholders, players)

But sure, continue to go all "lalala it's not happening" if you must.

Kano
10-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Its part of a long running trend of results, events, reports and yes, speculation from those who are either capable of investigative journalism (most of tge broad sheets) or are close to the club. (ex board, shareholders, players)

But sure, continue to go all "lalala it's not happening" if you must.
in particular the bit about wenger losing power lending weight to your argument? i see

Olivier's xmas twist
10-07-2011, 01:10 PM

From the times.

Any deal will be made against the wishes of Arsène Wenger, underlining the manager’s reduced power at Arsenal since Stan Kroenke’s takeover. Though Wenger yesterday told Arsenal’s website that “we will do everything we can to keep him [Nasri]”, Kroenke authorised initial transfer talks once it became clear that Nasri intended to exploit his value as an imminent free agent.

If true could be a good thing, though Can't see AW being happy with it and how long will it takes before he decided to walk out.

Özim
10-07-2011, 01:48 PM
If true could be a good thing, though Can't see AW being happy with it and how long will it takes before he decided to walk out.
If he did walk out it wouldn't be a bad thing, but when he's earning 6 million a year don't count on him walking away too easily.

Boss
10-07-2011, 02:41 PM

Wenger walking out would be the best thing that could happen to the club this summer.

GP
10-07-2011, 02:54 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZG3hQEiY8zc/TZG0mwD-l6I/AAAAAAAACm4/4bnHAvQIW9A/s1600/Third-party-facepalm.jpg

Kano
10-07-2011, 02:58 PM
i agree

losing our most creative player, best winger and manager during the summer would do us wonders

Boss
10-07-2011, 03:22 PM
i agree

losing our most creative player, best winger and manager during the summer would do us wonders

Who's fault is it that those two want to leave?

oic.

Niall_Quinn
10-07-2011, 03:38 PM
If Arsenal can get £22.2 million for a player who has had just one good HALF season and has just 12 months of his contract left, then this is good business.

The real measure of Wenger's influence and control is whether that £22.2 million is then used to buy a quality replacement rather than a bunch of new 16 year old trainees.

Can anyone think of a player as good as Nasri that is available, would want to come to Arsenal and could be bought for £22.2mill? From a business perspective selling might make sense, from a football perspective it's suicidal. Selling one of our best players to our immediate rivals, a club that could well pinch our CL spot next year - and if that happened even the business argument would be flawed. Kroene is obviously just another useless cunt cluttering up the boardroom. Miserly billionaires could make more money in 101 different ways, why do they insist on fucking up football to grab their extra cash?

budesonide
10-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Can anyone think of a player as good as Nasri that is available, would want to come to Arsenal and could be bought for £22.2mill? From a business perspective selling might make sense, from a football perspective it's suicidal. Selling one of our best players to our immediate rivals, a club that could well pinch our CL spot next year - and if that happened even the business argument would be flawed. Kroene is obviously just another useless cunt cluttering up the boardroom. Miserly billionaires could make more money in 101 different ways, why do they insist on fucking up football to grab their extra cash?

So what do you suggest is done then? Because by all indications nasri wants to leave, not for more money, but because he sees himself elsewhere. When a player puts off signing a new contract for so long and demands more than he knows can be afforded in salary it suggests disillusion. Even if you make them stay chances are they are gonna want to leave again -- soon.

Boss
10-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Fifth signing of the summer:

Arsenal are close to completing the signing of Swedish teenager Kristoffer Olsson, according to the midfielder's current club.

IFK Norrkopings starlet Olsson is now set to make a permanent move to England for an undisclosed fee.

"I can confirm that the transfer is close to being sealed. I won't comment on any sums, but of course we are happy with the deal," IFK Norrkopings sporting director Tony Martinsson told Fotbolldirekt.se.

"We are pleased, but of course we would have preferred to have seen Kristoffer stay in Norrkoping and evolve to a first-team player.

"He wanted to take this chance and we will not stand in the way."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7031338,00.html?

Niall_Quinn
10-07-2011, 09:07 PM
So what do you suggest is done then? Because by all indications nasri wants to leave, not for more money, but because he sees himself elsewhere. When a player puts off signing a new contract for so long and demands more than he knows can be afforded in salary it suggests disillusion. Even if you make them stay chances are they are gonna want to leave again -- soon.

I suggest we spend £50-£75million on top quality players to strengthen the squad, sell nobody and instruct the players the minimum expectation for next year is the PL. If we don't have £50-£75mill in the kitty (which is hard to believe considering we've spent fuck all over the last few years), I suggest that billionaire bloke Kroenke spends some of his money on the team rather than feathering the nests of greedy board members. Trouble is there doesn't seem to be anyone at Arsenal who makes decisions. At the very worst Nasri should be allowed to leave provided he informs us well in advance of the FOREIGN club he wishes to go to, because there's no way we should even contemplate selling him to our rivals. That would make us a school (and a bit of a bitch) to the likes of Man Utd and City. Is that what we're saving up to be?

Niall_Quinn
10-07-2011, 09:10 PM

Has anyone done the "who??????" thing for this guy yet? Looks like Wenger is building a team for the future. He's the ultimate tomorrow man.

budesonide
10-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I suggest we spend £50-£75million on top quality players to strengthen the squad, sell nobody and instruct the players the minimum expectation for next year is the PL. If we don't have £50-£75mill in the kitty (which is hard to believe considering we've spent fuck all over the last few years), I suggest that billionaire bloke Kroenke spends some of his money on the team rather than feathering the nests of greedy board members. Trouble is there doesn't seem to be anyone at Arsenal who makes decisions. At the very worst Nasri should be allowed to leave provided he informs us well in advance of the FOREIGN club he wishes to go to, because there's no way we should even contemplate selling him to our rivals. That would make us a school (and a bit of a bitch) to the likes of Man Utd and City. Is that what we're saving up to be?

Nasri doesn't give a fuc*k about that though, does he? He wants out, so does Cesc.

The damage is already done. Selling Nasri for 5mil to a foriegn club instead of 25mil to a rival club is stupid -- as is keeping him and getting nothing out of him for next season then losing him on the free.

KSE Comedy Club
10-07-2011, 09:19 PM

Jesus fucking christ!

I wonder how many millions we cant spare for the likes of Cahill, samba etc, we have wasted on this kid.

fakeyank
10-07-2011, 09:20 PM

:trophy:

He is going to win us the CL

Xhaka Can’t
10-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Nasri doesn't give a fuc*k about that though, does he? He wants out, so does Cesc.

The damage is already done. Selling Nasri for 5mil to a foriegn club instead of 25mil to a rival club is stupid -- as is keeping him and getting nothing out of him for next season then losing him on the free.

The £5m/£25m thing would only be stupid if we were to do anything with either of those amounts. It might even be profitable to us to lose £20m rather than sell this guy to either of the Manchesters.

Özim
10-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Now that Wenger has achieved his goal with his current squad (4th place losers), he's gonna try and do the same with a team of 16 years olds, that's why he's signed so many this summer.

Thank f*ck he's spending all his time scouting and signing 16 year olds, could get embarrassing otherwise!

budesonide
10-07-2011, 09:28 PM
The £5m/£25m thing would only be stupid if we were to do anything with either of those amounts. It might even be profitable to us to lose £20m rather than sell this guy to either of the Manchesters.

Which is why I don't quite give a fuc*k either --- and frankly, with or without Nasri, Man City,Man U and Chelsea are still major forces for us to reckon with.

Keith
10-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I just don't understand what is going on. Nasri would be fantastic playing the Cesc role. It's surely not the club messing him about. Wenger must know Cesc isn't staying and will need to replace him.

Even the tweet from Nasri, don't believe the papers, now reads negatively.

Bring in the Spanish fella, flog Cesc, sign up Nasri, spend on a defender, a defensive coach & a striker. Done.

Keith
10-07-2011, 10:59 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/342825747.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1310339672&Signature=O%2FKRY%2BCVV3b09cUg%2BdHYc3DPGBA%3D

Cripps_orig
10-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Tottenham have moved ahead of Arsenal in the pursuit of Blackburn defender Chris Samba.Full story: the MirrorArsenal manager Arsene Wenger is considering making an official approach for Werder Bremen defender Per Mertesacker.Full story: footie-online.co.uk If Spuds get Samba :doh:Wouldn't mind Mertesacker here. Excellent CB

milla
10-07-2011, 11:25 PM
I just don't understand what is going on. Nasri would be fantastic playing the Cesc role. It's surely not the club messing him about. Wenger must know Cesc isn't staying and will need to replace him.

Even the tweet from Nasri, don't believe the papers, now reads negatively.

Bring in the Spanish fella, flog Cesc, sign up Nasri, spend on a defender, a defensive coach & a striker. Done.

This. :gp:

Master Splinter
10-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Nasri would be fantastic playing the Cesc role.

He hasn't proved it so far. In fact, he's been a bit shit playing there. Only versus Porto, when he scored the wonder goal, did he ever give a masterclass performance in that position. He doesn't have Fabregas, Wilshere or Ramsey's eye for a pass in that role. Even Song is better in that area. Nasri's best position is where Wenger has played him for most of his Arsenal career. He can utilise his dribbling, pace and shooting on the wing most effectively. His hogging of the ball for too long leads nowhere when he's playing centrally. It's a myth that Nasri can play successfully as a playmaker. At least so far.

milla
10-07-2011, 11:34 PM
He hasn't proved it so far. In fact, he's been a bit shit playing there. Only versus Porto, when he scored the wonder goal, did he ever give a masterclass performance in that position. He doesn't have Fabregas, Wilshere or Ramsey's eye for a pass in that role. Even Song is better in that area. Nasri's best position is where Wenger has played him for most of his Arsenal career. He can utilise his dribbling, pace and shooting on the wing most effectively. His hogging of the ball for too long leads nowhere when he's playing centrally. It's a myth that Nasri can play successfully as a playmaker. At least so far.

He was majestic for Marseille though :good:

AKBapologist
10-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Moves the ball around too slowly. Could play as a false 9 at best centrally.

Master Splinter
10-07-2011, 11:43 PM
He was majestic for Marseille though :good:

Denilson would have looked majestic too :good:.

milla
10-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Denilson would have looked majestic too :good:.

No,Denilson is shite and will always be shite at any other club, space and time :good:

Özim
11-07-2011, 07:29 AM
If Spuds get Samba :doh:Wouldn't mind Mertesacker here. Excellent CB
Yeah apart from the fact giant barges have been known to turn quicker than him.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-07-2011, 07:36 AM
shit lets just get Samba.......

I'm sick of being The Spuds scouting service.....weren't we interested in Modric/Van der Vaart to name a couple......shit I seem to remember Bale being linked with us too - I suppose one thing to their credit, at least they stick their neck out and buy the fuckers.......we on the other hand would rather sit down, with a nice cuppa and watch the world go by

(fuck did I just say all that.......last week I was saying how chilled out we should be......somebody must have switched the air conditioner off!)

Özim
11-07-2011, 07:45 AM

I'm sick of being The Spuds scouting service.....weren't we interested in Modric/Van der Vaart to name a couple......shit I seem to remember Bale being linked with us too - I suppose one thing to their credit, at least they stick their neck out and buy the fuckers.......we on the other hand would rather sit down, with a nice cuppa and watch the world go by

(fuck did I just say all that.......last week I was saying how chilled out we should be......somebody must have switched the air conditioner off!)
No we were never interested in VDV, don't think we were interested in Modric either.

As for Bale, a lot of clubs were apparently after him.

If Spurs got Samba it would simply due to our unwillingness to pay the asking price and make our move quickly, it's not anyone else's fault we can't complete transfers quickly and spend months haggling.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-07-2011, 08:13 AM
SSN say Wenger says Cesc and Nasri will stay this season. We've also signed Gervinho, apparently.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-07-2011, 08:33 AM
No we were never interested in VDV, don't think we were interested in Modric either.

As for Bale, a lot of clubs were apparently after him.

If Spurs got Samba it would simply due to our unwillingness to pay the asking price and make our move quickly, it's not anyone else's fault we can't complete transfers quickly and spend months haggling.

beg to differ bout Van der Vaart - there were stories about his sick wife and Arsenal being a club touted with showing an interest but its water under a bridge now.....but I agree about only having ourselves to blame if we miss out - surely Spurs have enough CBs?

selassie
11-07-2011, 08:33 AM
SSN say Wenger says Cesc and Nasri will stay this season. We've also signed Gervinho, apparently.

Great news regarding Cesc & Nasri. Hopefully we'll tie Nasri down to a long term contract and then he'll inevitably leave next summer.

Still worrying that Arsene hasn't made any moves for a Centre Back, I get the impression that Gervinho could be the only signing this summer.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-07-2011, 09:05 AM
I think we'll sign one more player but I really don't know what position. It should be a defender really.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Great news regarding Cesc & Nasri. Hopefully we'll tie Nasri down to a long term contract and then he'll inevitably leave next summer.

Still worrying that Arsene hasn't made any moves for a Centre Back, I get the impression that Gervinho could be the only signing this summer.

not sure what to believe but I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall for Wenger vs Nasri talks, would have been interesting to hear what he said to convince Nasbo that we have the same ambitions as him

With the possibility of those staying then there wont be as much money flying around but I still expect to see some business struck for the defence as Wenger will have his work cut out getting anybody to sign if he doesnt man up and look at the stark reality that our defending is awful and that he intends to do something about it

Fist of Lehmann
11-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Jesus fucking christ!

I wonder how many millions we cant spare for the likes of Cahill, samba etc, we have wasted on this kid.
Youth team budgets and first team budgets are separate.

Also, logically there is likely to be a stipulation that Brady must actually use the majority of his budget to ensure youth players keep coming through.

So sure blame Brady for blowing most of his budget on one player, but don't blame him for spending the money he is obliged to.

Kano
11-07-2011, 09:24 AM

Also, logically there is likely to be a stipulation that Brady must actually use the majority of his budget to ensure youth players keep coming through.

So sure blame Brady for blowing most of his budget on one player, but don't blame him for spending the money he is obliged to.

it's wenger's fault ffs!

LDG
11-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Not over the moon about Cesc and Nasri staying I must admit.

Nasri would have been a big loss in terms of his talent, but the carry on surrounding the player stinks of cunt.

Cesc is obviously a brilliant player, but IMO, we need to change our game.

I was hoping for a real refresh of the squad. I'm still hoping we bring more in, but sadly it appears we're gonna start with much of the same.

BOBN
11-07-2011, 11:26 AM
unforgivable if nasri is allowed to stay without signing a new contract. sackable offense by wenger if he then leaves on a free next summer.

how dare the club talk about how money is tight, cant compete with the big spenders, living within means, ticket prices must go up etc if we then pour £22m down the drain. that would be more wasteful than anything man city have done to date. absolutely disgusting.

KSE Comedy Club
11-07-2011, 11:31 AM

Ok, well thats the first Ive heard of separate budgets for the 1st and youth team.

But, so fucking what?

Time for the club to stop pissing money away on the youth team for a year and chuck all the spare money into transfers for the 1st team.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-07-2011, 11:53 AM

I'm sick of being The Spuds scouting service.....weren't we interested in Modric/Van der Vaart to name a couple......shit I seem to remember Bale being linked with us too - I suppose one thing to their credit, at least they stick their neck out and buy the fuckers.......we on the other hand would rather sit down, with a nice cuppa and watch the world go by(fuck did I just say all that.......last week I was saying how chilled out we should be......somebody must have switched the air conditioner off!)

Who said we were ever in for half these players. Seems like papaer BS to me and VDV or Modric why would we buy them when we have fab who is better then both and plays in the same posititon as him.

As for bale could not see us needing a LB when we had clichy.

I_Killed_Kenny
11-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Just got a text from a mate in germany, according them we have agreed a 7-8mil deal to sign per mertesacker. good player imo but slower turn than jupiter orbiting the sun! but maybe some german organisation and steel is what we need at the back

selassie
11-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Just got a text from a mate in germany, according them we have agreed a 7-8mil deal to sign per mertesacker. good player imo but slower turn than jupiter orbiting the sun! but maybe some german organisation and steel is what we need at the back

I absolutely hope that's not true. He is not the answer and it will be a case of Arsene trying to fix things on the CHEAP again.

I_Killed_Kenny
11-07-2011, 12:05 PM
I absolutely hope that's not true. He is not the answer and it will be a case of Arsene trying to fix things on the CHEAP again.

exactly, the press in germany (sorry no source, i am trying for it) say we dont wanna pay that much for cahill so merts and samba are the most likely ones.

selassie
11-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Arsene not in the market for a left back, no surprise there then.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-have-what-we-need-at-left-back

Wenger - We have what we need at left back
Arsène Wenger has hinted that he might not invest in a replacement for Gael Clichy.

The French left back brought his eight-year spell with Arsenal to a close this month when he signed for Manchester City, leaving Wenger without one of his most senior players ahead of the 2011/12 season.

However, the Arsenal manager has a full England international waiting in the wings and he is happy with his back-up options too.

"The plan for left back is that we have Kieran Gibbs, Armand Traore and Thomas Vermaelen can play there too. So we have what we need," said Wenger.

Cripps_orig
11-07-2011, 01:00 PM
:doh:

Gibbs and Traore are shit and Vermalen is needed elsewhere unless we buy 2 CBs which we wont.

Just go, wenger

selassie
11-07-2011, 01:05 PM
:doh:

Gibbs and Traore are shit and Vermalen is needed elsewhere unless we buy 2 CBs which we wont.

Just go, wenger

Traore will effectively be our first choice left back next season given Gibbs's injury record.

Same shit different season. :sulk:

Grebbo
11-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Gibbs and Traore

This is painful.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Who said we were ever in for half these players. Seems like papaer BS to me and VDV or Modric why would we buy them when we have fab who is better then both and plays in the same posititon as him.

As for bale could not see us needing a LB when we had clichy.

hey......isnt every rumour paper BS to start off with.........I am not saying that we made a concrete bid for them or anything like that, just that I heard their names and ours mentioned together and then later they become Spuds......for good or bad

Japan Shaking All Over
11-07-2011, 03:01 PM
just watched Arsene on BBC saying that Cesc loves the club and that there is a need to put the Barca story to bed and focus on the new season hopefully with Cesc

fair enough.......get the defence sorted out, one more striker and we're on........for another year of listening to how much Cesc would like to one day play for his hometown club and Barca club along with the gang of dickhead players that usually have something to say spout off at least 10 times a week about how much they want to see Cesc with them

:sleep:

I hear what people are saying that to get rid of Cesc and Nasri we may be commiting football hari kiri but TBH I am leaning towards wht LDG is saying that best shod of them, well at least Cesc.......can see Nasri fitting in there with Jack and Aaron/Song behind.........but shit if he stays I can handle that too, do you think there is weight in the arguement that we werent a million miles off last year and stuck around for a while and that with a better defence and a fit RvP we could have been even closer?

Japan Shaking All Over
11-07-2011, 03:07 PM

second post mentioning this guys speed of turn:thumbsdown:

Master Splinter
11-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Jonathan Woodgate has signed for Stoke City on a free transfer.

The former England centre-back, 31, was released by Tottenham at the end of last season and has agreed what is "effectively a pay-as-you-play deal", according to Stoke manager Tony Pulis.

"The lad is a top-class player and it's been well documented that he has had his injury troubles," said Pulis.

"But we believe that if his fitness is managed properly, he will play games for us."

Pulis added: "We know that other Premier League clubs were keen on signing Jonathan, so we are delighted he has chosen us.

"It's a chance we are taking, but one we were keen to take because of the stature and quality of the player.

"We've effectively taken him on a pay-as-you-play deal, which just shows how desperate the lad is to get his career back on the right track."

Woodgate has long been considered one of England's finest defenders, but his career has been badly affected by a series of injuries.

He made his professional debut for Leeds in 1998 and was a part of the side which reached the Champions League semi-finals in 2001 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/champions_league/1317114.stm).

He went on to play for Newcastle, Real Madrid, Middlesbrough and Tottenham, but he has continually struggled to remain fit for a sustained period.

He made only 65 appearances for Spurs in three and a half years after his £8m move to White Hart Lane from Middlesbrough, a playing record which led manager Harry Redknapp to opt against offering him a new deal this summer.

Woodgate's new Stoke team-mates are currently at a pre-season training camp in Austria, and he will meet them when they return home later this week.
Stoke chief executive Tony Scholes commented: "Sometimes a fresh start can trigger a change of fortunes.

"Jonathan has been working very hard throughout the summer on his fitness so he is desperate to make the most of this opportunity and to play in the Premier League."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14108872.stm

His career (and possibly life) will officially end when Shawcross The Slack-Jawed Yokel takes him in out in training.

:rose:

Japan Shaking All Over
11-07-2011, 03:15 PM

His career (and possibly life) will officially end when Shawcross The Slack-Jawed Yokel takes him in out in training.

thank crap for that......the way that Wenger scours the bargain bucket, there my have been a chance of him playing for us.......hopefully Stoke picking him up hasnt alerted Wenger to a possible move for Shaw 'noff' cross

Master Splinter
11-07-2011, 03:19 PM
hopefully Stoke picking him up hasnt alerted Wenger to a possible move for Shaw 'noff' cross

If Wenger signed Shawcross, I would join the Asian Clique and become a joint Spurs and Man Citeh fan.

Thank fuck it will never happen.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-07-2011, 03:25 PM
If Wenger signed Shawcross, I would join the Asian Clique and become a joint Spurs and Man Citeh fan.

Thank fuck it will never happen.

in that case I take everything back.......we need you on this side MS

Sirjackofwilshere
11-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Brace yerselfs....Dennis Bendtner is on his way to Dortmund according to twitter.

LDG
11-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Brace yerselfs....Dennis Bendtner is on his way to Dortmund according to twitter.

So.

This is probably the best news of the summer so far :lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
11-07-2011, 03:52 PM
dross:wave:

Master Splinter
11-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Chelsea will make an improved bid for Tottenham playmaker Luka Modric later today, Sky Sports News report. The Blues failed in a £22m approach for Modric earlier this summer.

dazthegooner
11-07-2011, 04:47 PM

His stats last season were terrible 2 goals and 3 assists and he's supposed to be a playmaker :unsure:

Cripps_orig
11-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Hes shit

Boss
11-07-2011, 05:05 PM

He'll be shit and/or injured for all games this season except for the one against us where he'll put in a world class performance <_<

Master Splinter
11-07-2011, 05:54 PM
His stats last season were terrible 2 goals and 3 assists and he's supposed to be a playmaker :unsure:

Pretty much. Chelsea :pal:.

Cripps_orig
11-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Valencia dont want to sell Mata.

Swap for Cesc

Cripps_orig
11-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Put Park in that list as well.

If you remove the Arsenal games, you can count on one finger the amount of good games this cunt has had for Mancs

Master Splinter
11-07-2011, 06:06 PM
He'll be shit and/or injured for all games this season except for the one against us where he'll put in a world class performance <_<

Pretty much.

All shit players and especially shit ex-Arsenal players always have the game of their lives against us.

Danny Rose :banghead:

Anderson :banghead:

Zigic :banghead:

Rob Green :banghead:

Pennant :banghead:

Bentley :banghead:

Jerome Thomas :banghead:

Aliadiere :crying:

McNamara That Ghost...
11-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Valencia dont want to sell Mata.

Swap for Cesc

Offer the money his buyout clause is for tbf.

AKBapologist
11-07-2011, 08:57 PM
@JohnBrewin: Sir Alex on Nasri at Boston presser: "No, I don't think he's coming to United. I think he's agreed to go elsewhere."

Cripps_orig
11-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Whos John Brewin?

Master Splinter
11-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Seems he said some more:

"Nasri, no. I don't think he's coming to United. I think he's agreed to go somewhere else. Maybe he has to stay at Arsenal too. That's a possibility."

Fergie WUMming it up basically. He knows as much as any mong on Twitter or any hackmong writing for a tabloid. Which is nothing.

AKBapologist
11-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Whos John Brewin?

About
John Brewin joined Soccernet in 2000 and has been editor of the site since 2004. Hailing from the Cheshire town of Macclesfield he currently resides inEast London (alone). He has covered every major international tournament since Euro 2000 and has attended six European club finals.

Master Splinter
11-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Whos John Brewin?

He's brewin' a cup of tea.

:Letters/Coney:

Letters
11-07-2011, 09:07 PM
<_<

Boss
11-07-2011, 09:09 PM
21.32 Chelsea have submitted an improved bid of £27 million for Luka Modric as they try to force through a deal. That's a £5 million increase of their opening £22 million bid.

21.22 Reports from Brazil suggest that Corinthians, a former employer, have bid £35 million for Carlos Tevez. From Twitter: "EXCLUSIVO: #Corinthians faz proposta para recontratar #Tevez". We'll see.

Hope both happen as they'd add some lols to a shocking transfer window so far.

Cripps_orig
11-07-2011, 09:12 PM

East London :bow:

Edit: It would help if the whole of AKPBs post was quoted

Cripps_orig
11-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Being linked with Craig Gordon again ffs

Japan Shaking All Over
12-07-2011, 02:15 AM
Being linked with Craig Gordon again ffs

he can take Manu's place

Fist of Lehmann
12-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Ok, well thats the first Ive heard of separate budgets for the 1st and youth team.

But, so fucking what?

Time for the club to stop pissing money away on the youth team for a year and chuck all the spare money into transfers for the 1st team.

Yes, well I'm sure the extra £300k would go a long long way to signing Benzema or Mata.

Well worth it.

LDG
12-07-2011, 09:05 AM
I guess we are waiting to see if we sell Bender, Denilson and Almunia to scrape together the money we paid out on Gervinho before we spend anything else.

budesonide
12-07-2011, 09:07 AM
I guess we are waiting to see if we sell Bender, Denilson and Almunia to scrape together the money we paid out on Gervinho before we spend anything else.

genius,genius,geniuuuuuuuuS!

alas, someone who understands AW's 'waiting period' strategy!

Fist of Lehmann
12-07-2011, 09:11 AM
I guess we are waiting to see if we sell Bender, Denilson and Almunia.
Yes, well I'm sure the extra £300k would go a long long way to signing Benzema or Mata.

Well worth it.

LDG
12-07-2011, 09:21 AM

Well worth it.