PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Cripps_orig
12-07-2011, 11:44 AM
ARSENAL are ready to offer £2million for Mexico whizkid Carlos Fierro.The striker scored four goals and claimed five assists to help his nation to glory at the Under-17s World Cup.
Fierro, who plays for Chivas Guadalajara, was voted the third best player at the tournament.
And the youngster, 16, has been compared to Manchester United ace Javier Hernandez.
The Gunners would be prepared to loan Fierro back to Chivas and play the Mexicans in a friendly.
Tottenham and German side Hoffenheim are also watching him.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3689370/Gunners-eye-Mexican-Carlos-Fierro.html#ixzz1RtH9LQYw

The new Hernandez? Probably the new Vela

No thanks

LDG
12-07-2011, 11:46 AM
AS are reporting that Barca have signed sanchez for 40mil.....but wait for it...with payments spread over 5 years.

That rules them out of Cesc for a couple of years.

milla
12-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Last month Real Madrid bought Nuri Sahin for €10 million in 6 years deal, great bargain by Mourinho. This will definitely push Kaka out of first eleven imo. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
12-07-2011, 01:14 PM
HAMBURG have joined the race for Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner.

The £10million-rated striker is heading for the Emirates exit door after failing to establish himself as a first-team regular under Arsene Wenger.

Bendtner was left out of the Gunners' pre-season tour of Asia and Hamburg sporting director Frank Arnesen has confirmed he is a fan of the 23-year-old Dane.

Arnesen said: "We need more creativity in our offence. A midfielder with quality would be good for us.

"Bendtner would be a real dream, he is a very interesting player.

"He can also play as an attacking midfielder behind the attacker.

"But it would almost amount to a small miracle for us to get him.

"There are two other clubs who have made Nicklas an offer and we are unfortunately not in that position."

Benfica and AC Milan have also been linked with a move for Bendtner.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3690508/Hamburg-join-hunt-to-sign-Arsenal-striker-Nicklas-Bendtner.html#ixzz1Rte2k0Ws

:pray:

LDG
12-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Bender "a real dream".

:haha:

Boss
12-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Werder Bremen centre-back Per Mertesacker has revealed he would be tempted by a move to the Premier League.

Arsenal are reportedly interested in Mertesacker, with Gunners boss Arsene Wenger yet to bolster the centre of his defence this summer.

Furthermore, the 26-year-old Germany international has entered the final 12 months of his contract, adding weight to speculation of an exit during the current transfer window.

"Obviously, from a certain perspective, the Premier League is a very tempting league to play in," he told FIFA's official website. "England is, alongside Spain, a better league than the Bundesliga and is made up of several top-class teams. This is very tempting.

"A move to a foreign country will always enrich a player from a sporting and from a human perspective. Playing in a foreign country makes you better, while living in a foreign country pushes you forward. Everyone tells you that all the time.

"Things experienced there are important in life, (although) a way back to Germany should hopefully never be ruled out."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/933920/werder-bremen's-per-mertesacker-tempted-by-premier-league?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=4716

Don't really watch Bundesliga but believe Bremen were almost relegated last year. Wonder how much Mertesacker contributed to that.

Would be a decent enough buy if he came though.

Cripps_orig
12-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Hes awesome for Germany tbh.

Better than all of our CBs but thats not saying much

Boss
12-07-2011, 01:50 PM
You're better than all our CBs ffs.

Cripps_orig
12-07-2011, 01:50 PM
he can take Manu's place

Didnt realise we had a quota of shit keepers to fill.

Cripps_orig
12-07-2011, 01:51 PM
You're better than all our CBs ffs.

Sign me up Arsene.

So i can do an inside job and kill the fucker :coffee:

Master Splinter
12-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Bender "a real dream".

"Attacking midfielder" :haha:

"Miracle" :haha:

Japan Shaking All Over
12-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Bender "a real dream".

http://www.tenthplanetevents.co.uk/ekmps/shops/happyhenhomes/images/inception-spinning-top-%5B3%5D-6914-p.jpg

lets hope he doesnt wake up then.......well at least not till theyve parted with the dosh

Japan Shaking All Over
12-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Didnt realise we had a quota of shit keepers to fill.

to be fair we have a quota of shit for every position on the park:good:

Özim
12-07-2011, 03:47 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/933920/werder-bremen's-per-mertesacker-tempted-by-premier-league?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=4716 (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/933920/werder-bremen%27s-per-mertesacker-tempted-by-premier-league?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=4716)

Don't really watch Bundesliga but believe Bremen were almost relegated last year. Wonder how much Mertesacker contributed to that.

Would be a decent enough buy if he came though.
Will never forget the 2006 World Cup when the BBC thought he was totally sh*t and the reason why Germany were rubbish at the back.

He's about as slow as they get and IMO would be a total waste of money, like you said Bremen almost got relegated he played his part.

The only thing he has going for him is height.

Boss
12-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Could make our 6th signing of the summer soon... :popcorn:

Arsenal have stepped up their interest in Lokomotiv Plovdiv winger Nenad Lukić by offering him a trial.

The 18-year-old left winger was watched by Arsenal during Serbia’s Under 19 qualifying fixtures, where he scored six goals. Manchester United and Chelsea were also there, as were Olympiakos and Hoffenheim. However, Arsène Wenger has made the first move.

Lukić has been invited for a trial at London Colney, with a view to a possible a transfer. It’s not yet clear whether the player will accept the offer or wait and see if Arsenal firm up their interest with an offer, but the race for the youngster is hotting up.

Nenad currently plys his trade for Plovdiv after moving from Partizan Belgrade last season. A pacy, skillful and creative winger, the exciting wide-man is rated as one of Serbia’s brightest prospects.

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/07/arsenal-invite-lukic-on-trial/

Japan Shaking All Over
12-07-2011, 04:02 PM
the speed thing worrys me......thought that Kos got found out from time to time in that department too

the way we play high up the pitch we cant not have pace...........going for the cheaper option is not goona work with this one

time to quir phaffing around and pick PL tested and hard as hell, ahh yeah and with a bit of pace

Japan Shaking All Over
12-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Could make our 6th signing of the summer soon... :popcorn:

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/07/arsenal-invite-lukic-on-trial/

gonna leave getting excited till we buy someone Ive heard of:sleep:

Master Splinter
12-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Will never forget the 2006 World Cup when the BBC thought he was totally sh*t

The 'experts' at the BBC think every German player is shit.

In fact, everyone is shit apart from England, who will win every tournament they enter.

Mertesacker would be useful against Stoke and Blackburn. Probably not fully suited to the PL though.

Boss
12-07-2011, 04:34 PM
The 'experts' at the BBC think every German player is shit.

In fact, everyone is shit apart from England, who will win every tournament they enter.

Mertesacker would be useful against Stoke and Blackburn. Probably not fully suited to the PL though.

A member of the MOC agreeing with Zimm?

Wish I could say you guys put up a good fight, but that would be a lie.

This downfall was imminent. :pal: :pal:

Master Splinter
12-07-2011, 04:39 PM
A member of the MOC agreeing with Zimm?

Wish I could say you guys put up a good fight, but that would be a lie.

This downfall was imminent. :pal: :pal:

Embarassing really. Even Ach would be ashamed at this poor piece of WUMmery.

What does ItsMe/Zimm have to do with the Clique Wars?

And I didn't fully agree with him anyway. I don't think Mertesacker is complete shit. Just not suited to the PL.

Lastly, in the MOC, we have open minds and flexible opinions. Not the hive mind attitudes of you sheep.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-07-2011, 04:57 PM
hear hear!

trash talking has a place on GW

Cripps_orig
12-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Arsenal are reported to have offered Nenad Lukic a trial, but the Serbia Under 19 international is not getting carried away by speculation.

The Lokomotiv Plovdiv winger has also been linked with Premier League champions Manchester United and Chelsea, while Hoffenheim have been credited with an interest.

Lokomotiv say they have rejected a €1.5million (£1.3m) offer from a 'leading German club' because they want at least €3million (£2.6m), but they have not commented on speculation in Britain.

Lukic, who has been watched by several clubs during Serbia's qualifiers for the U19 European Championship, is remaining calm amid the uncertainty over his future.

He told 7 Dni Sport: "Yes, I know about the speculation in the British media, but I am not thinking about it.

"At the moment I am concentrating on the games for Serbia U19s and my club, Lokomotiv.

"Everything else and possible transfer talks, I am leaving to the people in my club."

Lokomotiv sports director Branko Milovanovic said: "He is a great talent and we are sure that one day he will play at the highest level."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7033918,00.html

yay

Boss
12-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Embarassing really. Even Ach would be ashamed at this poor piece of WUMmery.

What does ItsMe/Zimm have to do with the Clique Wars?

And I didn't fully agree with him anyway. I don't think Mertesacker is complete shit. Just not suited to the PL.

Lastly, in the MOC, we have open minds and flexible opinions. Not the hive mind attitudes of you sheep.

Your leader hasn't been seen on here in a while, your thread is dead and even Letters doesn't want to join you. :pal:

MOC :rose:

Boss
12-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Apparently Citeh have rejected 35M from Corinthians for Tevez because they want 50M.

Would have thought that deal suited them perfectly.

Master Splinter
12-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Your leader hasn't been seen on here in a while, your thread is dead and even Letters doesn't want to join you. :pal:

MOC :rose:

Oh dear.

Who cares about Letters?

And you don't even have a thread :pal:.

At least our members are genuine. Most of your members are not even Asian. An expected shocker from the Non-Asian Clique.

Master Splinter
12-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Manchester City will step up their pursuit of Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14117887.stm) once Carlos Tevez's future has been settled after opening dialogue with the La Liga side about the Argentina striker, reports chief football writer Phil McNulty. (http://twitter.com/philmcnulty)

It comes from Phil McNumpty, so is probably wrong.

But it's quite a logical jump.

Mr.Singh
12-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Oh dear.

Who cares about Letters?

And you don't even have a thread :pal:.

At least our members are genuine. Most of your members are not even Asian. An expected shocker from the Non-Asian Clique.

MOC who are they again???

Master Splinter
12-07-2011, 07:59 PM
MOC who are they again???

Macedonian Orthodox Church :good:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonian_Orthodox_Church

friskyanders
12-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Can we sign the magnificently named and even more magnificent looking American goalkeeper Hope Solo? - Quite frankly she'd do a job in the men's team and is surely one to bring back the missing 6,000 club level and season ticket holders who don't turn up every game.

Let's face it she's probably better than Almunia, Fabianski and Mannone anyway.

Mr.Singh
12-07-2011, 08:03 PM

Mad chills bro

Cripps_orig
12-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola says he is 'optimistic' about landing Cesc Fabregas, as the Spanish giants prepare to make a third bid to sign the Arsenal captain in a £35m deal.Full story: Daily MirrorAaron Ramsey says he is ready to replace Cesc Fabregas, if the Arsenal captain moves to Barcelona.Full story: MetroAndre Villas-Boas is set to gazump Arsenal in the race for Bolton's Gary Cahill - on the advice of John Terry.Full story: Daily MirrorPep should fuck off. Ramsey isn't good enough and it would be typical if we lost out on Cahill cos of Wengers slow ass dealings

Japan Shaking All Over
13-07-2011, 04:10 AM
Dont take any notice of the noise from Barca.......dicks like Pique chiming in makes no difference to the proceedings.....Pep is the manger but.......so what? he goes he goes.....time to put the kettle on

Ramsey, at least we have someone acting in a positive manner albeit a bit optimistic/premature - props tho

Cahill,:thumbsdown: bad business dealings if we get pipped on this.......considering the head start we had on this guy

Injury Time
13-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Can we sign the magnificently named and even more magnificent looking American goalkeeper Hope Solo? - Quite frankly she'd do a job in the men's team and is surely one to bring back the missing 6,000 club level and season ticket holders who don't turn up every game.

Let's face it she's probably better than Almunia, Fabianski and Mannone anyway.
Pics or GTFO tbh :coffee:

Kano
13-07-2011, 07:57 AM
not too shabby

http://olympicgirls.net/sport-girls/hope-solo.jpg

Injury Time
13-07-2011, 08:03 AM
not too shabby

http://olympicgirls.net/sport-girls/hope-solo.jpg
Tbf looks more of a man than Nasri, but I'd still hit it ##

Japan Shaking All Over
13-07-2011, 08:03 AM
there's Hope yet!##

Injury Time
13-07-2011, 08:06 AM
there's Hope yet!##
Not for you though :console:
OT-did the latest earthquake affect you?

LDG
13-07-2011, 08:16 AM

Have we signed him yet then?

The Wengerbabies
13-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Doesn't look as if there will be any more new signings. I really thought that after 6 identical years Wenger would finally be a bit more proactive, especially with the growing discontent. More fool me tbh. I should have realized Wenger doesn't care about the fans he will keep trying (and failing) to prove himself right. Frankly I'm utterly fed up with him. Perhaps he thinks after a couple of months we've forgotten the shambolic second half of last season, well this summer has made it clear to me that until Wenger goes there will be no change at the club. Expect more of the same next season.

budesonide
13-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Doesn't look as if there will be any more new signings. I really thought that after 6 identical years Wenger would finally be a bit more proactive, especially with the growing discontent. More fool me tbh. I should have realized Wenger doesn't care about the fans he will keep trying (and failing) to prove himself right. Frankly I'm utterly fed up with him. Perhaps he thinks after a couple of months we've forgotten the shambolic second half of last season, well this summer has made it clear to me that until Wenger goes there will be no change at the club. Expect more of the same next season.

we are waiting to see who we can flog off first then make any moves.

gervinho was a long-time target; so with that sorted there is no rush. If we lose any players then we look to replace them -- ahem -- if the price is right.

Fist of Lehmann
13-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Oh dear.

Who cares about Letters?

Harsh...

The Wengerbabies
13-07-2011, 01:12 PM
we are waiting to see who we can flog off first then make any moves.

I don't buy that tbh. Defence is yet again the biggest problem area and afaik we are only trying to flog Almunia/Denilson/Bendtner so why can't we strengthen the defence.

Besides the trouble is no one wants our dead wood so waiting for them to go is a very dangerous game to play.

I honestly think thats it, no more new players coming.

Champagne Charlie
13-07-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't buy that tbh. Defence is yet again the biggest problem area and afaik we are only trying to flog Almunia/Denilson/Bendtner so why can't we strengthen the defence.

Besides the trouble is no one wants our dead wood so waiting for them to go is a very dangerous game to play.

I honestly think thats it, no more new players coming.

I'm probably wrong, but I get the feeling we're pretty much maxed out on our, albeit self-imposed, wage structure. It could be that we need the likes of Alumnia and Bendtner off the books before the club is willing to agree to releasing the wages required for a new signing?

Darth Vela
13-07-2011, 01:53 PM
I reckon we'll see another defender come in, aside from that it depends on who goes imo. Cesc or Nasri leaving will see a replacement coming in, be it like-for-like or just another big-ish player coming in for the money.

Biggest mistake so far this summer is not buying a LB, when Gibbs is out for 4 months and we have to move Vermalen there as Traore is shit it'll fall apart, mark my words.

Özim
13-07-2011, 02:26 PM
I reckon we'll see another defender come in, aside from that it depends on who goes imo. Cesc or Nasri leaving will see a replacement coming in, be it like-for-like or just another big-ish player coming in for the money.

Biggest mistake so far this summer is not buying a LB, when Gibbs is out for 4 months and we have to move Vermalen there as Traore is shit it'll fall apart, mark my words.
Risky strategy if you ask me, Vermaelen back from a long term injury (you never know how those turn out), Gibbs is as injury prone as they get....then there's Traore who hasn't really impressed.

I'm not convinced a defender is on his way, which make losing a left back even worse as it might mean shifting Vermaelen across and finding someone to fill the gap.

LDG
13-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Tell you what. Early days, but Jenkinson looks exactly what we need. No nonsense, tough and strong. Really impressed with him on his debut.

Darth Vela
13-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Yep, he's a big fella and committed, two things we're in need of atm.

Mr.Singh
13-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Tell you what. Early days, but Jenkinson looks exactly what we need. No nonsense, tough and strong. Really impressed with him on his debut.

:gp:

Master Splinter
13-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Massimo Busacca, the Swiss official who infuriated Arsenal last season by sending off Robin van Persie against Barcelona, has been appointed as FIFA's head of referees.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

FIFA :bow:

Cripps_orig
13-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Pardew says Enrique wont sign a new contract and will probably leave this summer.

Sign him up Wenger

Japan Shaking All Over
13-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Pardew says Enrique wont sign a new contract and will probably leave this summer.

Sign him up Wenger

dont thing there are too many that agree......but I would look at this guy if the pricewas right.........if we sold Geal for 7 then I think not too much more than that but true be heard CBs first and stop f...ing about

hymppi
13-07-2011, 09:47 PM
and he's half finnish!
:bow:

AKBapologist
13-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Confirmed. Downer to liverpool for about £20mil.
http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7035758/

GP
13-07-2011, 09:59 PM

budesonide
13-07-2011, 10:00 PM
20mil for downing?
35mil for Carroll?

damn, man City is ruining the game!

AKBapologist
13-07-2011, 10:05 PM
20mil for downing?
35mil for Carroll?

damn, man City is ruining the game!
Chelsea and City yes.

If your unable to figure out how this type of inflation is directly related to there crazy spending then there ain't much hope for you in the world matey. Difference between our club and Liverpools is 1) they've already chased on on there star (to chelsea) and 2) there owners aren't afraid to produce funds for some extra spending. Us on the other hand have silent stan and stingy wenger.

budesonide
13-07-2011, 10:13 PM
:rolleyes:

Real madrid bought ronaldo for 80mil; and kaka for 50mil; barca bought ibrahimovich for 25mil or so plus eto; they have just bought sanchez for 40mil; the list goes on.

That's due to chelsea and city right?

How much did Zidane cost madrid way back then?

How much did anelka go for way back then?

How much did marc Overmars go for way back then?

Tah mate.

AKBapologist
13-07-2011, 10:24 PM
:rolleyes:

Real madrid bought ronaldo for 80mil; and kaka for 50mil; barca bought ibrahimovich for 25mil or so plus eto; they have just bought sanchez for 40mil; the list goes on.

That's due to chelsea and city right?

How much did Zidane cost madrid way back then?

How much did anelka go for way back then?

How much did marc Overmars go for way back then?

Tah mate.
hahaha, the big those transfers happened after the era of abromoich.

Another question, could liverpool have been able to spend £100mill in 6 months without the sale of Torres? Would they have been able to have sold him for the price they did without Chelsea and City?

It's like a global auction. Too many buyers with deep pockets and the normal folks get priced out of everything. Your staring straight at this happening, with average players becoming twice as expensive as they where 5 years ago, and yet your making silly, nonsensical points that don't line up with reality.

AKBapologist
13-07-2011, 11:03 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Manchester-United-remain-confident-of-singing-Wesley-Sneijder-from-Inter-Milan-despite-his-wage-demands-article765123.html
No fucking around.

Cripps_orig
13-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Arsenal have earmarked 21-year-old Danish international Mathias Jørgensen as the next defender to arrive at the Emirates in a £5m deal, with the youngster expected to partner Thomas Vermaelen during the new season.Full story: Footy BunkerArsenal and Bayern Munich are at loggerheads over Borussia Dortmund midfielder Arturo Vidal with the Chilean the subject of a £12m bid by either side, the 24-year-old only has one year remaining on his current deal and will be sold on if he does not agree to a new deal this summer.Full story: Footy BunkerDenilson is set to be frozen out at Arsenal after throwing a tantrum at being substituted after only 20mins of the team's first Malaysian friendly.Full story: Metro No thanks to the Danish nobody.Never seen VidalDenilson :wave:

AKBapologist
13-07-2011, 11:37 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/14/luka-modric-transfer-request-chelsea?CMP=twt_gu

Tottenham's Luka Modric puts in transfer request to force Chelsea move
• Croatian stuns Spurs while on tour in South Africa
• Midfielder's request follows Spurs' rejection of £27m bid

The breakdown in relations between Luka Modric and the Tottenham Hotspur chairman, Daniel Levy, was complete on Wednesday when the midfielder handed in a transfer request in an attempt to force through a move to Chelsea.

Modric took the step after Tottenham, who have said he is not for sale at any price, rejected a second offer from Chelsea which valued the Croatia international at £27m and followed a previous £22m bid.

The playmaker flew to South Africa with his team-mates for a pre-season tour out of respect for his manager, Harry Redknapp, who has repeatedly praised Modric's attitude and said he understood why the player was keen to join Chelsea. Redknapp has, though, joined Levy in stating that Modric is not for sale.

At the weekend Modric openly criticised Levy in an interview with a Croatian newspaper and accused the chairman of breaking a gentleman's agreement to sell him to a bigger club this summer.

Tottenham have denied making any such agreement and have been considering whether to fine Modric for his remarks.

The 25-year-old has described Chelsea as his "dream" destination, saying he would like to move to play again in the Champions League next season and challenge regularly for trophies.

Redknapp, speaking before news of Modric's transfer request became public, said he hoped the trip to South Africa would benefit Modric. During the 10-day tour Spurs are due to play in a tournament that also involves Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates.

"Hopefully he will go away and get a bit of football now and just get on with it," Redknapp said. "We hope that he will come back and get ready for the new season."

Steven Pienaar would be one of the squad members who would benefit most from Modric's departure but he said he hoped the former Dinamo Zagreb player will stay. "You are always looking to strengthen and for us it's important that we all stick together as a team and make the most of it," Pienaar told Sky Sports News.

William Gallas has not travelled with the squad due to a calf problem and the defender Ledley King and the midfielder Sandro are out with knee injuries.

Sandro will report to the club's training ground on Thursday to be assessed after the Brazilian Football Federation sent him home from the Copa América amid fears that he had torn the meniscus in his knee.

The captain Michael Dawson has reacted angrily to claims that he has fallen out with the hierarchy at Tottenham over a new contract. "I think I have always demonstrated that I am a proud player and captain of this club and nothing has changed in that respect," the central defender said

Japan Shaking All Over
14-07-2011, 01:24 AM
West Ham open to loaning Parker admits Sullivan

By MirrorFootball

"But if we can't get the right fee for him I think he accepts he will be playing for West Ham next year in the Championship.

"He is a supreme professional and I am sure he will do a wonderful job whether he is with West Ham or somebody else.

"I mean we would love a deal - and this has been mooted - that maybe we loan him out for the season for a substantial fee and then when we get promotion he comes back to us.

makes it sound so easy.......any takers?

selassie
14-07-2011, 08:29 AM

I didn't see the game yesterday but heard glowing reports about him.

Özim
14-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Don't think we can really make too much of a judgement from a pre-season game against Malaysian opposition to be fair.

We'll see how he gets on when the real thing starts.

selassie
14-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Don't think we can really make too much of a judgement from a pre-season game against Malaysian opposition to be fair.

True, he'll probably be used sparingly anyway, just CC & maybe FA Cup.

I'm still extremely worried about Central Defence and have a horrible feeling that Arsene isn't going to do anything about it. I get the impression that if he can't get the players he wants on the CHEAP, he'll just do nothing. :crying:

Özim
14-07-2011, 08:40 AM
True, he'll probably be used sparingly anyway, just CC & maybe FA Cup.

I'm still extremely worried about Central Defence and have a horrible feeling that Arsene isn't going to do anything about it. I get the impression that if he can't get the players he wants on the CHEAP, he'll just do nothing. :crying:
I'm worried about the trasnfer situation as a whole to be honest, we don't seem overly concerned about it.

Wenger has signed Gervinho and some kids and now he's gone off on tour and seems very content with the business he's done.

I just get the feeling we'll see one more player max if we see one at all that is.

LDG
14-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Oh yeah, jenko won't get loads of games....though I have a suspicion he'll be left back more often than not when Gibbs bruises his big toe.

CB is a problem, in that we need to replace Squilacci. IMO, in Djourou, Vermaelen and Kos, we have three very good CB's. Djourou came on leaps and bounds last year, and despite what some say, I think Kos (for his first season) started remarkably well. It's all about organisation anyway....and hopefully some of Verms leadership qualities will start to tell here....

We do need another quality CB though.

Letters
14-07-2011, 08:47 AM

Unless he was crap of course in which case you'd say how rubbish he is.

Meh.

LDG
14-07-2011, 08:50 AM

Özim
14-07-2011, 08:54 AM

Meh.
Not really, it's pre-season who gives a sh*t?

Besides if I thought they were rubbish I'd say so before we'd signed them as I have done many times in the past :coffee:

Don't know anything about this guy, other than the fact he's from a lower league team and has hardly ever played.

Letters
14-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Not really, it's pre-season who gives a sh*t?

Not me. :cool:

LDG
14-07-2011, 09:11 AM
I do. I actually really enjoyed watching the game yesterday.

Özim
14-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Not me. :cool:
Me neither. :good:

Don't really give a sh*t about the coming season to be fair, it'll be the same old same old by the looks of it. Might as well stick a DVD of last season on if you wanna predict our season.

Be nice to see something different, doesn't look like it's gonna happen though.

Özim
14-07-2011, 09:12 AM
I do. I actually really enjoyed watching the game yesterday.
A few good pre-season wins will convince Wenger his squad is quadruple winning material!

LDG
14-07-2011, 09:29 AM
A few good pre-season wins will convince Wenger his squad is quadruple winning material!

Nah, just always loved watching me boys, shit or not. Can't help it :lol:

Preseason will tell us nothing much at this stage. The game was all about fitness, but I think Wenger wanted a good look at one or two players, namely Jenkinson, Myaichi (sp) and Ramsey. All of whom had pretty decent games. Plus it was humid as fuck, so pretty good for fitness I guess.

One thing I did notice was the width we were playing with. Whether this was down to Cesc not playing or not, I haven't decided, but we looked so much more balanced with Walcott on one side and Ryu on the other. Hopefully this is how we're gonna set up this year, as we really did struggle for any kind of penetration out wide last year.

Rosicky looked really fresh too, and was really knocking the ball about well. I would love him to actually produce this year, as really he's done fuck all for the club since arriving. Potentially he could be a real positive for the season ahead.

As far as transfers go, we really do need to up the anti. We definitely need a CB. And if Bender goes, we need another striker. The rest for me is all down to leadership, attitude and organisation.

Lessons can be learned from last season from the players we already have. BIG lessons, and I would be hopefull that at least two or three players will up the anti.

As always, Wenger may be taking a massive gamble, but I think he knows he's gambling with his job. Fair play IMO. One last throw of the dice, and then we can get rid of the cunt if it doesn't work.

One thing I do know, is that despite the moaning and groaning, we have some very very very good players at the club. And I think people forget this sometimes. Bar the collapse (which I believe was more down to awful tactics, niaity, lack of leadership and blind faith), we were, for the most part of the season, challenging pretty heavily on all four fronts. This isn't a brain washed view, it's reality....and the side can't be that bad if it managed to do that pre-collapse.

Özim
14-07-2011, 09:33 AM
To be fair the Newcaslte 4-4, Spurs 3-2 defeat as well as some of the other poor results happened before the collapse.

Just not convinced with this team, never have been they really don't have what it takes and I would say our performances last season was overrated as we didn't perform that well most of the time.

I don't see anything different this season unless quality signings are made, the right players are not there and there's no leaders, we've had 6 years of this now enough time for the team to prove it's worth and yet it's been unable to deliver which says a lot for me.

He should have gone this summer, it'll be hard to endure another season of him and his failings.

IBK
14-07-2011, 09:40 AM

Meh.

:lol:

LDG
14-07-2011, 09:43 AM
To be fair the Newcaslte 4-4, Spurs 3-2 defeat as well as some of the other poor results happened before the collapse.

Just not convinced with this team, never have been they really don't have what it takes and I would say our performances last season was overrated as we didn't perform that well most of the time.

I don't see anything different this season unless quality signings are made, the right players are not there and there's no leaders, we've had 6 years of this now enough time for the team to prove it's worth and yet it's been unable to deliver which says a lot for me.

He should have gone this summer, it'll be hard to endure another season of him and his failings.

Just out of interest, how many of our players do you actually like/rate??

EDIT: Should also say, who do you think has the potential (ability-wise) to be good enough....say for example Arshavin...

AKBapologist
14-07-2011, 09:49 AM

Meh.

The funny thing was, so many patterns of behaviour that followed us through into last season where clear to see in pre-season. You can also make observations of players - eg, Whilshire always stood out in pre-season or some players consistently out shone the rest of the team. Surprisingly, it's a good primer for the rest of the season so it's kinda almost, nearly reasonable to be excited by Jenkinson, Myiachi and Traore.

Özim
14-07-2011, 09:55 AM
RVP, Wilshire, Nasri, Arshavin (he's lazy and overweight though), Ramsey, Schzesney, Sagna, Vermaelen.

The rest I'm not fussed about.

Özim
14-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Surprisingly, it's a good primer for the rest of the season so it's kinda almost, nearly reasonable to be excited by Jenkinson, Myiachi and Traore.
Hardly, those players will barely get a game., Wilshire was a completely different example because everyone knew he was something special.

LDG
14-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Cool. I reckon you'll love Myaichi.

Just wish Theo could up the anti this year and be the threat he can be. Dribbling practice and control should take place every day for that cunt. Cones out, dribble.

Japan Shaking All Over
14-07-2011, 10:00 AM

The funny thing was, so many patterns of behaviour that followed us through into last season where clear to see in pre-season. You can also make observations of players - eg, Whilshire always stood out in pre-season or some players consistently out shone the rest of the team. Surprisingly, it's a good primer for the rest of the season so it's kinda almost, nearly reasonable to be excited by Jenkinson, Myiachi and Traore.

How many games did Traore get for Juve?
didnt see the game so cant comment on how well he did, but sounds as if he didnt do too bad!

couls it be that he went out on loan to someone half decent abd not some Championship League fodder be reason for any improvement? . . . . .

realistically we are only one game in, chances ate he will have a fecking mate next time out!

Özim
14-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Cool. I reckon you'll love Myaichi.

Just wish Theo could up the anti this year and be the threat he can be. Dribbling practice and control should take place every day for that cunt. Cones out, dribble.
He sounds like he's got potential, I don't see him getting many games this season though (even if he gets a visa).

Özim
14-07-2011, 10:02 AM

Think this answers the question

Armand spent most of his time with Juventus on the bench, making only ten league appearances. At the end of the season it was confirmed that he would return to Arsenal.

Letters
14-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Don't really give a sh*t about the coming season to be fair, it'll be the same old same old by the looks of it.

Endless fucking moaning from you no matter what happens?
Cool, looking forward to it.

:tiphat:

Japan Shaking All Over
14-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Think this answers the question

thanks for that!
Lets hope the training helped then!

LDG
14-07-2011, 10:10 AM
He certainly looked strong, direct and powerful yesterday....

Might actually breed a bit of competition.

AKBapologist
14-07-2011, 10:14 AM
didnt see the game so cant comment on how well he did, but sounds as if he didnt do too bad!

couls it be that he went out on loan to someone half decent abd not some Championship League fodder be reason for any improvement? . . . . .

realistically we are only one game in, chances ate he will have a fecking mate next time out!
Like I said, you can make observations of players relative to other players in the team. Traore did better at LB than Gibbs did, defensively and offensively. If he carries it up throughout pre-season I wouldn't be surprised to see him start vs newcastle. Oh, btw, in before... "AW destroys all of our players, teaches defensive qualities out of players blah blah blah".

Özim
14-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Endless fucking moaning from you no matter what happens?
Cool, looking forward to it.

:tiphat:
No matter what happens? F*ck off, nothing changes FFS!

You're stance on Wenger is also well known, you claim you said this and that and yet you just seem to also support him and his methods, WTF has changed since last season hey...please tell me cos I'll be damned if I can see anything thus far bar the signing of one unproven player.

We needed significant changes, we're not seeing that and won't be IMO. I wanted Wenger out at the end of the season and nothing has happened to change that for me, so I won't be behind him and his methods that's for sure as they're wrong IMO.

He's had long enough to prove he was right and he's not done it, that's the truth in the end.

LDG
14-07-2011, 10:22 AM

Letters
14-07-2011, 10:23 AM
:lol:

Özim
14-07-2011, 10:25 AM
It's funny cos it's true :lol:

AKBapologist
14-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Zimm, the difference between you and everyone else is that, although we all hate the way our club is behaving and the direction its going, we can still take pride/joy on certain aspects of the club. Whether it be a single result in a meaningless game, or the development of a player who *may inevitably leave us one day*.

I just don't know why you haven't given up on the club and found a new hobby, your level of bitterness can't be healthy tbh.

Özim
14-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Zimm, the difference between you and everyone else is that, although we all hate the way our club is behaving and the direction its going, we can still take pride/joy on certain aspects of the club. Whether it be a single result in a meaningless game, or the development of a player who *may inevitably leave us one day*.

I just don't know why you haven't given up on the club and found a new hobby, your level of bitterness can't be healthy tbh.
I've given up on Wenger, unfortunately the whole club is about him.

This really has affected my interest in football hence the reason my excitement has gone for the coming season. There's some decent players of course, but the whole problem is that I don't see how we can improve with a man so blinkered in charge (neither do a lot of the players it seems)

AKBapologist
14-07-2011, 10:45 AM
I've given up on Wenger, unfortunately the whole club is about him.

This really has affected my interest in football hence the reason my excitement has gone for the coming season. There's some decent players of course, but the whole problem is that I don't see how we can improve with a man so blinkered in charge (neither do a lot of the players it seems)
Yes, WE KNOW. Many including letters share the same view.

However, my point is that we still enjoy aspects about the club. Your unable to enjoy any of it. Why are you even posting? If you believe nothing will change, and are unwilling to do anything about it, why don't you just give up? (on footie) And leave the arsenal section to the people who still talk about stuff beyond "how awful Wenger is making the club".

Özim
14-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Yes, WE KNOW. Many including letters share the same view.

However, my point is that we still enjoy aspects about the club. Your unable to enjoy any of it. Why are you even posting? If you believe nothing will change, and are unwilling to do anything about it, why don't you just give up? (on footie) And leave the arsenal section to the people who still talk about stuff beyond "how awful Wenger is making the club".
I enjoy the posting to be honest. Don't see any reason to leave.

I still support Arsenal, just waiting for Wenger to leave.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-07-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm worried about the trasnfer situation as a whole to be honest, we don't seem overly concerned about it.

Wenger has signed Gervinho and some kids and now he's gone off on tour and seems very content with the business he's done.

I just get the feeling we'll see one more player max if we see one at all that is.

So what did you expect him to do Say fuck the tour and let me get players because ZIMM wants them. More players will come but right the now the baord want money to be made and that comes 1st

Olivier's xmas twist
14-07-2011, 10:53 AM
I enjoy the posting to be honest. Don't see any reason to leave.

I still support Arsenal, just waiting for Wenger to leave.

well he aint leaving for 3 years so get behind him or Shut the fuck up your getting tedious mate

Darth Vela
14-07-2011, 10:57 AM
He certainly looked strong, direct and powerful yesterday....

Might actually breed a bit of competition.

Plus he's 6'1" (think it was Arseblog that mentioned that) and given our problems from set-pieces he wouldn't need to be much more reliable than Clichy in open play to be an overall benefit. With Jenkinson coming in as well I think we're definitely trying to up the height in our team, literally; people will still say we're not trying to solve our problems in any way at all though.

Still like to have Baines though.

Özim
14-07-2011, 11:01 AM
So what did you expect him to do Say fuck the tour and let me get players because ZIMM wants them. More players will come but right the now the baord want money to be made and that comes 1st
I expect to stop acting like a deluded fool and do something about our problems.

Özim
14-07-2011, 11:02 AM
well he aint leaving for 3 years so get behind him or Shut the fuck up your getting tedious mate
He won't last 3 years and no I won't support him....he's done for me and he's got a lot to do if he's to get me back onside, right now he's doing jack sh*t.

He doesn't change anything AGAIN and you expect people to get behind him, do me a favour!

As for new players coming in, do put your house on it mate as you might be bitterly disappointed (if you're lucky you'll see one), that's what Wenger represents these days, disappointment and failure and he's happy with that.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-07-2011, 11:06 AM
He won't last 3 years and no I won't support him....he's done for me and he's got a lot to do if he's to get me back onside, right now he's doing jack sh*t.

He doesn't change anything AGAIN and you expect people to get behind him, do me a favour!

Mate i fell your frustration i really do and you know i was in the AW out camp on old GW as GP will tell you.

End of the day as much as we like it the man ain't going unless he gets sacked or Dies GOD forbid. But what can we do about it.

end of the day if you don't like him you can always join the Anti AW fourm online and rant and rave as much as you like.

I_Killed_Kenny
14-07-2011, 11:53 AM
With all this wenger out chat etc. who would you actually like to replace him. I doubt the board is going to give any new manager 100ml to go out and spend so they would have to work on the same budget as Wenger i am guessing. I truly believe he will get it right but I have a feeling even if we win the Fa cup or the carling this still wont be enough for some fans

LDG
14-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Kenny - For me, it's not about the amount of money to spend. Wenger has had enough cash to make the relevant changes needed. I.e. another CB in January.

It's small things which he seems incapable of rectifying due to his stubborn wankiness.

Those problems could be rectified easily IMO. But he just won't do it.

Like many people on here, if Wenger doesn't change, he should be sacked, regardless if we do worse without him.

I_Killed_Kenny
14-07-2011, 12:09 PM
"stubborn wankiness."

lol

Ok understood about that. maybe i fear that his philosphy, whether it is working or not, is so ingrained into our club now that anyone else that could come in would have to change the way our whole place is run. Nowadays i cant really see who would try to do so tbh

Maybe he gives too much hope for our injury plagued players coming back on time. If Verm had come back when we originally thought he would. then Kos, and djorou would be the 2d and 3rd choice and hopefully squelchy wouldnt get anywhere near our team. Maybe then we wouldnt be moaning about not signing a CB for eg.

Its all gary lewins fault i say!

AKBapologist
14-07-2011, 12:35 PM
@Youngunsblog: Nicklas Bendtner back training with Arsenal since yesterday. Looks like progress on his transfer away has slowed.
Ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu

Letters
14-07-2011, 12:39 PM

That.

I've lost faith in Wenger and tbh I think he should have been sacked at the tail end of last season. I said before the CC Final that if he can't motivate this lot to win a trophy when we're in the semi-finals and the other 3 sides are Birmingham, Ipswich and West Ham that he should be sacked and I stand by that. But he wasn't and there's nothing I can do about it so I might as well at least support the team and hope that Wenger can turn it around.

There could be a headline in the paper "WENGER SOLVES WORLD HUNGER AND FINDS CANCER CURE" and some on here would be "why the fuck's he wasting time on that when he should be sorting out our defence?"

I'm not convinced he can turn it around but I'm not going to have a dig at him WHATEVER he does. And I'm going to get behind the team and, by association, him.

Boss
14-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Re: Bendtner.

Time for Wenger to stop being a mong and turn him into the 20+ goal a season striker that he should be then.

Also the quoting system sucks balls.

Sort it out lads.

Master Splinter
14-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Bendtner will never succeed at a top club unless he learns how to control a ball.

He could get 20 goals a season if he got some pointless Berbatov-esque +1s versus dire opposition. But he still wouldn't be a better player. A 6ft plank with some glue on it would be better at bringing others into play than Dennis Bendtner at the moment.

Master Splinter
14-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Sky Sports report that former Chelsea forward Eidur Gudjohnsen is having a medical at West Ham. Gudjohnsen played under Hammers boss Sam Allardyce at Bolton.

:unsure:

Gudjohnsen has probably played for more clubs than Carlton Palmer now.

LDG
14-07-2011, 01:53 PM
:unsure:

Gudjohnsen has probably played for more clubs than Carlton Palmer now.

Carlton Palmer :bow:

Vieira tried, but never reached his level.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-07-2011, 01:54 PM
That.

I've lost faith in Wenger and tbh I think he should have been sacked at the tail end of last season. I said before the CC Final that if he can't motivate this lot to win a trophy when we're in the semi-finals and the other 3 sides are Birmingham, Ipswich and West Ham that he should be sacked and I stand by that. But he wasn't and there's nothing I can do about it so I might as well at least support the team and hope that Wenger can turn it around.

There could be a headline in the paper "WENGER SOLVES WORLD HUNGER AND FINDS CANCER CURE" and some on here would be "why the fuck's he wasting time on that when he should be sorting out our defence?"

I'm not convinced he can turn it around but I'm not going to have a dig at him WHATEVER he does. And I'm going to get behind the team and, by association, him.

Agreed.

Better to judge him come start of the season and see what he has done to the sqaud tbh.

Letters
14-07-2011, 02:06 PM
I think it's reasonable to comment on things Wenger is doing (or not doing) in the transfer window.
What does grate is some people moaning about EVERYTHING he does or says even when they agree with it.

Fist of Lehmann
14-07-2011, 02:09 PM
@Youngunsblog: Nicklas Bendtner back training with Arsenal since yesterday. Looks like progress on his transfer away has slowed.
He probably wants 110 +bens. as his squad number.

LDG
14-07-2011, 02:15 PM
I think it's reasonable to comment on things Wenger is doing (or not doing) in the transfer window.
What does grate is some people moaning about EVERYTHING he does or says even when they agree with it.

Are you saying that some people just moan for the sake of moaning? :o

Tipsychubbs
14-07-2011, 02:28 PM
With all this wenger out chat etc. who would you actually like to replace him. I doubt the board is going to give any new manager 100ml to go out and spend so they would have to work on the same budget as Wenger i am guessing.

Someone who knows how to organize a defence, train the team to defend as a team all over the pitch positionally with a good shape off the ball, and someone who can coach the players to be strong mentally and lose the fragility while giving 100%.

You don't need £100m quid to do the basics.

I still genuinely believe that in terms of personnel, we are not that far away from a title winning team. A few tweaks here and there and we'll be ok. It's the manager that's the biggest hurdle for this team winning anything. As much of a cliche as it may seem, I'm pretty sure that if someone like Fergie or Mourinho was coaching them, they would take no nonsense and not let them slack off at all, they wouldn't just tell them to go out and express themselves in the 'beautiful game', we'd be tactically sound and mentally strong to become a winning team again.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Are you saying that some people just moan for the sake of moaning? :o

Are your new here

Fist of Lehmann
14-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Are your new here:haha:

LDG
14-07-2011, 03:33 PM

Lol Daniels & Debbie McGee

Darth Vela
14-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Bendtner will never succeed at a top club unless he learns how to control a ball.

He could get 20 goals a season if he got some pointless Berbatov-esque +1s versus dire opposition. But he still wouldn't be a better player. A 6ft plank with some glue on it would be better at bringing others into play than Dennis Bendtner at the moment.

I know, he probably wonders why he isn't trusted as the central striker in this formation too. :lol:

AKBapologist
14-07-2011, 04:28 PM
If Bendtner and Denilson are still at the club, with Nasri still here without a contract extension I'm going to just give up on footy this season. Christ - when a firm hand was needed to trim the fat and build upon what's good here - we get dithering and nonsense.

Marc Overmars
14-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Very frustrating that Bendtner and Denilson haven't been sold yet. I fear if they stay it will prevent new signings.

Mr. Lahey
14-07-2011, 06:07 PM
I would add Rosicky to that list as well. He was god awful last year. Injuries ruined him, had one decent season with us and even then he wasnt so hot. I cant believe he is still an Arsenal player tbh.

Marc Overmars
14-07-2011, 06:08 PM
It's pretty clear that these players are damn lucky to be playing for Arsenal.

Boss
14-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Cygan has retired from football.

He will be missed. :upset:

fakeyank
14-07-2011, 06:14 PM
I would add Rosicky to that list as well. He was god awful last year. Injuries ruined him, had one decent season with us and even then he wasnt so hot. I cant believe he is still an Arsenal player tbh.

Worst Arsenal signing EVER!

Master Splinter
14-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Worst Arsenal signing EVER!

Well, no.

Unless you were born the day we signed Rosicky, and died in the same year.

Marc Overmars
14-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Cygan has retired from football.

He will be missed. :upset:

The biggest Arsenal and France legend to retire today. :bow:

Master Splinter
14-07-2011, 06:26 PM
The biggest Arsenal and France legend to retire today. :bow:

Mr. Lahey
14-07-2011, 06:41 PM
loved Cygan. came in and did his job when asked and was nowhere near as bad as some made him out to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2M6WqmQSF8

Cripps_orig
14-07-2011, 06:45 PM
loved Cygan. came in and did his job when asked and was nowhere near as bad as some made him out to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2M6WqmQSF8

this

Boss
14-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Well, no.

We signed Denilson that transfer window too.

So your statement is still incorrect, tbh.

Boss
14-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Cygan :bow: :bow:

Miles better than (Koscielny + Djourou + Squillaci).

If only we knew what a garbage defender truly was when we lamented his at times mediocre performances.

Boss
14-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Redknapp rejected Modric's transfer request.

This is the picture ESPN used...

http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/images/2011/0713/redknappmodricfinger_576x324.jpg

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Master Splinter
14-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Modric is the ugliest woman I've ever seen

fakeyank
14-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Well, no.

How the F did you know that?! You are amazing! When I grow up, I want to be just like you. Oh Wait... I am dead!

Dog Toffee
14-07-2011, 08:41 PM
BOllockz!

GP
14-07-2011, 09:59 PM
http://static.images.memegenerator.net/Instances400/8/8626/8833740.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
14-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Porto's prolific Colombia international striker Falcao has agreed to extend his contract by two seasons until 2015.

Premier League outfit Chelsea have been heavily linked with the 25-year-old marksman following their appointment of ex-Porto boss Andre Villas-Boas over the summer.

Falcao's previous deal had a €30million (£26.2m) release clause attached, however, that has now been increased to €45m (£39.4m).

The striker is coming off the back of a season to remember having plundered 38 goals last term, helping Porto claim a treble of Portuguese Premier League, Portuguese Cup and Europa League.

Falcao became the top all-time scorer in a single Uefa club competition, scoring 17 goals in the Europa League campaign to break a record previously held by Germany's Jurgen Klinsmann.

He joined the Portuguese giants from Argentina's River Plate in 2009 and has scored an incredible 73 goals in 85 games.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7037078,00.html

Marc Overmars
14-07-2011, 11:07 PM
No chance of ever getting him now. Not that we would have paid his original release clause anyway.

Is Gervinho going to be trusted with making us more clinical up front then? Doesn't seem like we're in the market for a striker. Shame.

Japan Shaking All Over
15-07-2011, 03:06 AM
Although I feel the same frustration at the lack of business
to be fair we still have a month till the start of the season and a further half montg till the end of the transfer market , there is still plenty of time for business to be done. . . ..

Unlike some I dont think AW is a complete muppet and I cant imagine taking on the challenges of the coming season with the same squad as last, most of all if we do finally get shod of Bendtner and Denilson.

His semi acknowledgement of last seasons achilles heel makes me optimistic that changes are forthcoming, because in my view Squacl and Eboue should not be allowed to man the defence, dont agree that Kos was a bad player last season, not the best but a viable option none the less

I expect Wenger to use the tour to see what he has, see what the squad are like state of mind, plenty of paper talk will have had an effect and hopefully come back with a few business ideas in mind or ready to seal.

A striker and CB(s) cos I would go for both Samba and Cahill would be a start, RvP is going to most definitely need support

another reason why I think, hope AW has a plan is because of the new look board, he either grew up with or gave glory to the old board but with the new gang there are a few that dont have to do him any favours, if they make money available, like we have heard in the past they are going to expect him tp do something with it, because they gave it to him, they are not going to fall for or ultimatley put up with his talk of an already strong enough squad when qyite clearly it isn't

this is being said with a huge pinch hope and I have readied myself for a possible fall but for me as for most, it really is avout my love of Aresenal and I wll be cheerimg the 11 that take the field at SJP - just pray Im not too disappointed about who they are, thhats all!

Kano
15-07-2011, 07:34 AM
there will be more incoming for sure. he was spot on about the waiting period as we can see from a lot of clubs, i mean city have hardly gone mental have they?

there are 6 weeks left of the window and i think in the last 3/4 weeks it will all go absolutely mental as sellers realise prices have to be dropped and then everyone gets their wallets out

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-07-2011, 08:28 AM
i think the fans will get on his back when we draw to liverpool at home and lose to united away. i doubt we'll get more than 2 points in our opening 3 games as toon away aint exactly an easy game either. so he may be forced to buy late on in the transfer window.

Marc Overmars
15-07-2011, 08:42 AM
I think we'll probably see one more signing, a defender.

A lot depends on Cesc & Nasri though, if they go then he'll be forced to buy more.

Boss
15-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Doubt he's signing a defender with all the shite he's spouted about our defense being solid.

We'll buy a midfielder if Cesc/Nasri go, maybe a striker if Bendtner goes, otherwise expect more kids.

Letters
15-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Doubt he's signing a defender with all the shite he's spouted about our defense being solid.

Making up stuff, ftw.

selassie
15-07-2011, 10:28 AM
i think the fans will get on his back when we draw to liverpool at home and lose to united away. i doubt we'll get more than 2 points in our opening 3 games as toon away aint exactly an easy game either. so he may be forced to buy late on in the transfer window.

Arsene isn't a man to bow down to pressure, especially pressure from fans & the media.

He's not a man who will panic buy either, I reckon if we don't see any action in the next few weeks then that's our business done.

Darth Vela
15-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Although I feel the same frustration at the lack of business
to be fair we still have a month till the start of the season and a further half montg till the end of the transfer market , there is still plenty of time for business to be done. . . ..

Unlike some I dont think AW is a complete muppet and I cant imagine taking on the challenges of the coming season with the same squad as last, most of all if we do finally get shod of Bendtner and Denilson.

His semi acknowledgement of last seasons achilles heel makes me optimistic that changes are forthcoming, because in my view Squacl and Eboue should not be allowed to man the defence, dont agree that Kos was a bad player last season, not the best but a viable option none the less

I expect Wenger to use the tour to see what he has, see what the squad are like state of mind, plenty of paper talk will have had an effect and hopefully come back with a few business ideas in mind or ready to seal.

A striker and CB(s) cos I would go for both Samba and Cahill would be a start, RvP is going to most definitely need support

another reason why I think, hope AW has a plan is because of the new look board, he either grew up with or gave glory to the old board but with the new gang there are a few that dont have to do him any favours, if they make money available, like we have heard in the past they are going to expect him tp do something with it, because they gave it to him, they are not going to fall for or ultimatley put up with his talk of an already strong enough squad when qyite clearly it isn't

this is being said with a huge pinch hope and I have readied myself for a possible fall but for me as for most, it really is avout my love of Aresenal and I wll be cheerimg the 11 that take the field at SJP - just pray Im not too disappointed about who they are, thhats all!

I agree with most of that, especially that this tour is going to inform our moves in the market. If a few players don't seem to be cutting it, on the pitch and/or off it I would imagine it'd be easier to see on tour and help form accurate opinions, especially about the youngsters.

Ironing
15-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Reputable Costa Rican website EverardoHerrera (http://www.everardoherrera.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3908:ya-esta-en-costa-rica-el-representante-del-arsenal-que-viene-por-el-juvenil-joel-campbell) reports that Arsenal executive Richard Law has arrived in Costa Rica to negotiate the signing of 19-year old striker Joel Campbell.

http://gunnerblog.com/?p=2881

Olivier's xmas twist
15-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Same as fergie spouting nonsense about not getting Wesley or Samir its all talk tbh.

i think we will see more come in depending on who goes out.

i think as soon as we can get a deal for mata or hazaed cesc is gone tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Reputable Costa Rican website EverardoHerrera (http://www.everardoherrera.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3908:ya-esta-en-costa-rica-el-representante-del-arsenal-que-viene-por-el-juvenil-joel-campbell) reports that Arsenal executive Richard Law has arrived in Costa Rica to negotiate the signing of 19-year old striker Joel Campbell.

Who, so is this the guy who does all our deal then

Darth Vela
15-07-2011, 10:58 AM
I would hope he's one of a few, Gazidis must do some of it as he's a pretty shrewd dealer by most accounts, or at least should.

Ironing
15-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Who, so is this the guy who does all our deal then

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/sep/23/arsenal-premierleague

Law, a trilingual American who speaks Spanish and Portuguese, will take responsibility for player contracts in support of the chief executive, Ivan Gazidis, and the club secretary, David Miles. The appointment formalises a long-standing consultancy role Law has held with Arsenal's scouting operation in South and Central America.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Having snapped up Gervinho, Arsene Wenger has vowed to carry on spending if the right players are available.
The Arsenal (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif boss parted with £10.5million in order to secure Gervinho's signature, with the Ivorian arriving from French outfit Lille. (http://topics.skysports.com/lille/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
Gunners supporters are hoping there will be plenty more fresh faces to come, with much of the summer having been spent worrying about possible departures.
The futures of Cesc Fabregas (http://topics.skysports.com/Cesc+Fabregas/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Samir Nasri (http://topics.skysports.com/Samir+Nasri/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif remain unclear, but Wenger has hinted that he is prepared to turn his attention towards further additions.
The Frenchman is renowned for his cautious approach to transfer business, with big-money deals a rarity at the Emirates, but he insists he will splash the cash if the opportunity arises.
TalentWenger, who is currently in the Far East (http://topics.skysports.com/Far+East/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif on Arsenal's pre-season tour, said: "The job is to find the players with the right talent that will give a plus to the team.
"If we need to spend money, we will do it."
Gervinho is yet to link up with his new team-mates, meaning he is yet to make his Gunners bow, but Wenger is confident he will slip seamlessly into his first-team plans.
He said: "He has good movement off the ball, he is very quick and he can play up front on the left or right. He can score goals and he can provide - he had the most assists in the French league last year.
"I think he will be a great contribution to the offensive efficiency of the team."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7037854,00.html

Boss
15-07-2011, 11:42 AM

Our sixth signing of the summer.

Wenger has been very active :bow: :bow:

+ Miyachi and Vermaelen are like new players, so really we're 8 players in, only 1 out.

Master Splinter
15-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Our sixth signing of the summer.

Wenger has been very active :bow: :bow:

+ Miyachi and Vermaelen are like new players, so really we're 8 players in, only 1 out.

Your optimism leads me to believe you are pining to join the mighty MOC. Resistance is futile. Join up, son :good:. You can bring Mr Singh with you too.

AKBapologist
15-07-2011, 04:41 PM
@younggunsblog: Arsenal don't have a striker like Campbell. Pacy, strong, plays on the shoulder is a real handful. Emphatic finisher, too.

AKBapologist
15-07-2011, 04:46 PM
My YouTube scouting can confirm he does look proper class. We'll probably dither on the squabbling over a few pounds whilst inter pop up with a real bid and take the kid under our noses again. :Coffee:

Japan Shaking All Over
15-07-2011, 04:58 PM
think he scored one or two in the Copa

Darth Vela
15-07-2011, 05:33 PM
@younggunsblog: Arsenal don't have a striker like Campbell. Pacy, strong, plays on the shoulder is a real handful. Emphatic finisher, too.Isn't that a little like Theo, or at least the way he tries to be?If he's any good as that poacher we're in need of he'll be welcome though, wouldn't be difficult to make more of an impact than the last South American striker we signed though.

Master Splinter
15-07-2011, 06:25 PM
wouldn't be difficult to make more of an impact than the last South American striker we signed though.

The Beast or Eduardo?

Olivier's xmas twist
15-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Skysports.com understands that Blackburn Rovers are ready to make a bid for Japanese superstar Keisuke Honda.

A host of clubs have been linked with the CSKA Moscow midfielder, with clubs in England, Italy, Spain and France all said to be keen.

But Rovers are now ready to try and make a move for the 25-year-old and are prepared to bid £12million for his signature.

Honda has been linked with a move away from Russia all summer and although he insists he is happy in Moscow, a move to one of Europe's top leagues is sure to appeal to the former VVV Venlo ace.

Skysports.com also understand that Arsenal could enter the race for his signature with Arsene Wenger believed to be an admirer.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7038137,00.html

Boss
15-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Would sell at least 12M worth of shirts if we got him.

Sign him up, Arsene.

Cripps_orig
15-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Isn't that a little like Theo, or at least the way he tries to be?If he's any good as that poacher we're in need of he'll be welcome though, wouldn't be difficult to make more of an impact than the last South American striker we signed though.

Baps? Got in to double figures in his one and only season here.

Wenger keeping Bendtner but not signing Baps :doh:

Mr.Singh
15-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Baps? Got in to double figures in his one and only season here.

Wenger keeping Bendtner but not signing Baps :doh:

Making cup appearances and frm the bench he had a good return....should never have moved to Madrid

Ironing
15-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Isn't that a little like Theo, or at least the way he tries to be?If he's any good as that poacher we're in need of he'll be welcome though, wouldn't be difficult to make more of an impact than the last South American striker we signed though.

@younggunsblog: Arsenal don't have a striker like Campbell. Pacy, strong, plays on the shoulder is a real handful. Emphatic finisher, too.

No, tbh

selassie
15-07-2011, 09:06 PM
That Joel Campbell does look like a raw talent, if he comes I think that means curtains for Vela.

Campbell is a project, but he's worth gambling on IMHO, he looks super talented.

AKBapologist
15-07-2011, 09:52 PM
@Younggunsblog: ESPN Journalist Sergio Loredo says Denílson is due in São Paulo on Monday for talks over a transfer. Interesting.

ESPN Brazil reporting Arsenal have agreed to loan Denílson to São Paulo, and he'll arrive on Monday for further talks.

AKBapologist
15-07-2011, 10:00 PM
@DarrenArsenal1: Almunia seems to also be edging closer to leaving, may expect him to go next week. Very low fee in expected.

Marc Overmars
15-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Oooh, a striker. :popcorn:

ARSENAL last night tabled a £14million bid for Anderlecht superkid Romelu Lukaku. And boss Arsene Wenger now believes he can beat rivals Chelsea to the 18-year-old striker's signature.
SunSport can reveal Lukaku's agent Christophe Henrotay met Arsenal officials in London yesterday.
He was then expected to fly to Portugal where the Belgian club are based during pre-season, to talk to the teenager.
Chelsea were hot favourites to land the 6ft 3in starlet, who is rated one of the top young players in Europe.
He has hit 31 goals in just 71 games for Anderlecht and has already played nine times for Belgium.
It would represent a major coup for Wenger if the Arsenal manager can pull off the deal.
Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona also made inquiries but Lukaku looked sure to sign for Chelsea until Arsenal moved in.
Anderlecht are prepared to let him go for less than their £18m asking price.
But a major stumbling block to any deal could be the fact that Lukaku's dad Roger stands to pocket 25 per cent of any fee.
Arsenal are on a money-spinning tour in the Far East but Wenger promised he is working day and night to strengthen the team.
It is understood that Gunners executives first spoke to Henrotay several months ago but only decided to firm up their interest in the last few days.
The news will be a huge boost to Emirates fans who are waiting for a conclusion to the saga of Cesc Fabregas' move to Barcelona next week, after the squad return from China.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3698322/Arsenal-in-for-14m-Anderlecht-whizkid-Romelu-Lukaku.html#ixzz1SDdCZ7xb

Boss
15-07-2011, 11:19 PM
No chance that's true.

/your hope

Cripps_orig
15-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Full-back Jose Enrique is holding out for an offer from Arsenal if he is to leave Newcastle, manager Alan Pardew has hinted. Full story: MetroReal Madrid are preparing to make a bid for Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie as Jose Mourinho looks to boost his Bernabeu attacking options. Full story: Caughtoffside.comBarcelona are so confident of landing Cesc Fabregas this summer, they have set aside the Arsenal star's beloved number four shirt for him.Full story: The MirrorYes please to Enrique.Swap Benzema and Higuain for RvpBarcunts are arrogant fucks

AKBapologist
16-07-2011, 12:02 AM
From twitter... SunSport say Romelu Lukaku's agent Christophe Henrotay met Arsenal officials in London yesterday. Wow!

Master Splinter
16-07-2011, 12:19 AM
From twitter... SunSport say Romelu Lukaku's agent Christophe Henrotay met Arsenal officials in London yesterday. Wow!

No chance of this.

He would cost far more than £14 million.

Master Splinter
16-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Goal.com claim that Tottenham have opened talks with Roma over a move for striker Mirko Vucinic.

Some quotes from 'Arry:

"I like him."

"He's triffic."

"Lad."

"Can I drive round the training ground again so you can interview me for the ninth time today and I can repeat the same bollocks?"

Thierrymon
16-07-2011, 09:23 AM

But in all honesty, i dont think he will come to us.

selassie
16-07-2011, 09:26 AM

But in all honesty, i dont think he will come to us.

Of course he won't come, Chelsea, Citeh & Real all want him, why would he come here?

I also think he would fetch well in excess of 20million in the current market so that pretty much rules us out anyway.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-07-2011, 10:05 AM
He's young isn't he? He'd come here ahead of those clubs, at his age. He can always go to them in a few years time. I agree that we probably wouldn't pay the fee for him but I can see players of that age wanting to be at Arsenal, especially if he is French speaking. :ninja:

Boss
16-07-2011, 10:32 AM
According to Denilson's twitter he's going back to Sao Paulo Not sure whether on loan or permanently, but still, best news of the transfer window so far. :woohoo:

Hope I never have to see him in an Arsenal shirt again.

Marc Overmars
16-07-2011, 10:46 AM
According to Denilson's twitter he's going back to Sao Paulo Not sure whether on loan or permanently, but still, best news of the transfer window so far. :woohoo:

So no one wanted him then, after that heart felt leaving interview. :lol:

That's got to hurt.

Bye.

GP
16-07-2011, 11:08 AM

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00782/denilson128_782206c.jpg

Özim
16-07-2011, 11:39 AM

Another youth success story!

How this guy lasted this long I'll never know, it's taken him saying he wants out before we even contemplated getting rid as well.

Unai Tea
16-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Another youth success story!

How this guy lasted this long I'll never know, it's taken him saying he wants out before we even contemplated getting rid as well.

That assumes we've had opportunities to sell him. I doubt we had many suitors for Denilson, for obvious reasons. I think if a team desperate to inflict self-harm had offered £6-8m he'd have been gone already.

Joker
16-07-2011, 12:26 PM
We're still apparently interested in wunderkids like Campbell and Lukaku, who're unproven youngsters who have had little experience of top level competition. Sure, Campbell is a Costa Rican international but I doubt he's played many matches for them, and even so he's never played in Europe so we don't know whether he'll make the step up. Same with Lukaku.

Wenger has become such a dogmatic fool that he'll continue signing and cultivating young players, trying to build a team for the future.

Japan Shaking All Over
16-07-2011, 12:34 PM
He's young isn't he? He'd come here ahead of those clubs, at his age. He can always go to them in a few years time. I agree that we probably wouldn't pay the fee for him but I can see players of that age wanting to be at Arsenal, especially if he is French speaking. :ninja:

According to the Sun story we have tabled a 14 mil bid already, thats a first. . . .! Wenger beating the others to the gun
Thought his transfer plan, especially if the player is any good is to

1) wait for Utd to make a bid
2) to bid 5mil lower
3) lose out on the signature
4) hold a press conference stating he tried but alas wasnt to be. . .but the current squad is good enough and we dont need him anyway. . . .wait till January

could this be that the Wenger worm has finally turned?
would start a poll, but got a feeling already what the result would be!

GunnerFan4Life
16-07-2011, 08:30 PM
does anyone remember denilson starring in the carling cup semi 2nd leg against tottenham? he was something special for the future........ BUT NO!

-Xs-
16-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Was that the one we got beat 5-1?

Cripps_orig
17-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Arsenal will try to fill the void left by Cesc Fabregas's projected departure to Barcelona by making a concerted effort to bring Napoli's Marek Hamsik to the club. Fully story: Fanatix Netherlands legend Johan Cruyff has blasted Barcelona for dragging their heels over signing Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas. Fully story: Sunday MirrorHamsiks pretty good. Wouldn't mind him here.Cruyff speaks a lot of sense

selassie
17-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Was that the one we got beat 5-1?

Probably the game the season before I think....where we beat them 3-1 at the Emirates.

Tipsychubbs
17-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Hamsiks pretty good. Wouldn't mind him here.Cruyff speaks a lot of sense

If Barca aren't going to offer what Cesc is worth then he's staying, simple as that. Unless the board and the manager decide to cave in and make themselves look stupid/get bullied by Barca. Cesc is too much of a professional to sulk, he'll get on with it.

It would send a far stronger message to agree a fee for a class player like Hamsik first, then sell Nasri to City to show that we won't be held to ransom by a player. The replacment would already be in place, and although City are a threat I'd still feel slightly more comfortable selling to them in their fledgling state than to Utd who are experienced PL winners.

AKBapologist
17-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Joel Campbell pretty much a done deal according to the father of the kid. Curios to see what he's capable of in the epl if he gets a visa.

Japan Shaking All Over
17-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Joel Campbell pretty much a done deal according to the father of the kid. Curios to see what he's capable of in the epl if he gets a visa.

OK! I am more than willing to go with another bargain buy as I imagine the guy isnt the most expensive player out there as long as Wenger has bigger fish in mind

surely this guy will have to be loaned out before eligble for a visa or has he already played enough for the national team

Joker
17-07-2011, 11:06 AM
According to Wikipedia, this guy has only 8 senior club appearances and 5 international appearances. Moreover, those 8 appearances were in the Costa Rican League which, with respect, isn't the strongest league in the world. We're again taking a massive gamble, relying on an unknown player to add significantly to the quality of the squad. It wouldn't be a bad signing if we supplemented players like Campbell with experienced, top quality professionals, but knowing Wenger he'll include Campbell as one of the main signings of the season, and given that he's already said he's only looking to make "one or two additions" I think our transfer dealings this summer are almost complete now.

AKBapologist
17-07-2011, 11:13 AM
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/869536-emmanuel-eboue-and-denilson-move-closer-to-arsenal-exits
Yay

AKBapologist
17-07-2011, 11:13 AM
OK! I am more than willing to go with another bargain buy as I imagine the guy isnt the most expensive player out there as long as Wenger has bigger fish in mind

surely this guy will have to be loaned out before eligble for a visa or has he already played enough for the national team
Who knows.

Özim
17-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Wenger "signs another kid" shocker!

He's obsessed with signing youg players, I understand going out and signing the odd one or two here and there that appear to have special ability but he's goes out and signs half a dozen at a time.

I think we sign too many young players personally, some of them unfortunately end up in the first team for years despite not being good enough.

We pay up to two million for some of these kids as well!

Joker
17-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Wenger "signs another kid" shocker!

He's obsessed with signing youg players, I understand going out and signing the odd one or two here and there that appear to have special ability but he's goes out and signs half a dozen at a time.

I think we sign too many young players personally, some of them unfortunately end up in the first team for years despite not being good enough.

We pay up to two million for some of these kids as well!

He claims all these players are of "special" quality, but the evidence of the last few years suggests otherwise. Would anyone really class Diaby, Denilson, Bendtner etc as top quality, precocious talents? Even when Denilson looked promising at the start of his career, no one would argue he was something extraordinary.
I have no issue with signing young players in a selective manner, while ensuring that you are also recruiting experienced, quality players at the same time.

Özim
17-07-2011, 11:21 AM
He claims all these players are of "special" quality, but the evidence of the last few years suggests otherwise. Would anyone really class Diaby, Denilson, Bendtner etc as top quality, precocious talents? Even when Denilson looked promising at the start of his career, no one would argue he was something extraordinary.
I have no issue with signing young players in a selective manner, while ensuring that you are also recruiting experienced, quality players at the same time.
I agree, if we picked out really special talents who clearly stood out then fine, but we seem to pick loads of many of which aren't anything to ride home about.

He also always comes out with the line about finding players of super quality that are better than what we have, there's loads of players he could sign, instead he signs players who aren't better than what we have thus making his words ridiculous.

Marc Overmars
17-07-2011, 11:28 AM
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/869536-emmanuel-eboue-and-denilson-move-closer-to-arsenal-exits
Yay

Great news if Eboue is going.

Sirjackofwilshere
17-07-2011, 12:03 PM
FourFourTom

Costa Rica wonderkid Joel Campbell's father revealed that his son has signed a 5-year-deal with Arsenal and is awaiting a work permit. #AFC

The fee for Joel Campbell is a mere $1.5million, but he could spend a season out on loan until he obtains a work permit. #AFCIf you haven't seen Joel

Campbell in action yet, watching this video is a must. The kid is Henry-esque at times. #AFC

Neymar has 8 caps/5 goals in the Brazil team, Joel Campbell has 5 caps/2 goals with poor service. One is £45million, the other £1m. #bargain

Joker
17-07-2011, 12:13 PM
But Neymar has played 64 times for his club in the Brazilian league (where the quality of football is obviously higher than in Costa Rica), scoring one goal in two games. I agree that he is overpriced, but IMO it's unfair to compare the two.

AKBapologist
17-07-2011, 01:10 PM
@Younggunsblog Saprissa president Juan Carlos Rojas tells Costa Rican radio that Arsenal have agreed a deal for Joel Campbell. Campbell's agent has also put forward proposals from a number of other European clubs, so we'll have to wait and see.

lol.

AKBapologist
17-07-2011, 01:16 PM
@Younggunsblog: Everado Herrera, who broke the story of Arsenal's interest in Campbell, now saying the deal is done. £900,000 fee.

In the last few minutes, Costa Rican radio station ADN Radio have interviewed the president of Deportivo Saprissa, Juan Carlos Rojas, who has confirmed that the club have reached an “agreement in principal” with Arsenal.

Rojas called it a “historic agreement” for Costa Rica and Saprissa, and said that whilst the club had been offered more money by other clubs, Arsenal’s stature made this the right move for Joel.

He finished by saying that assuming personal terms are agreed, a deal could be finalised in the next 24 hours.
http://gunnerblog.com/?p=2890

Toronto Gooner
17-07-2011, 01:21 PM
I have no problem with buying youngsters with promise from less well known countries as there has to be a base of players coming through the ranks. The problem right now is to address the clearly obvious gaps in the senior squad with experienced, quality players.

Yes, I am stating the obvious and repeating what others have said but it cannot be repeated often enough.

AKBapologist
17-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Got a wishlist Toronto Gooner?

4-3-3
17-07-2011, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0dcdoU51rk&feature=player_embedded#at=125
Ebue is here to stay.:-)

Boss
17-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Quite like the sound of Campbell, perhaps he's replacing Vela in the squad.

Hopefully we can do a buy one get one free for the Miyachi/Campbell W/Ps.

YT Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hiRF8AgGrE

Against dogshite opposition admittedly, but his shooting and dribbling looks decent. Also looks like he can take a freekick :popcorn:

GP
17-07-2011, 05:29 PM
That strike at 0.18 shows fantastic technique. Opposition is irrelevant.

Marc Overmars
17-07-2011, 06:11 PM
My mate is buzzing about this transfer. Why? His name is also Joel Campbell. :lol:

Özim
17-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Quite like the sound of Campbell, perhaps he's replacing Vela in the squad.

Hopefully we can do a buy one get one free for the Miyachi/Campbell W/Ps.

YT Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hiRF8AgGrE

Against dogshite opposition admittedly, but his shooting and dribbling looks decent. Also looks like he can take a freekick :popcorn:
Good news is he'll be able to reproduce this week in week out when he plays against our defence in training.

Özim
17-07-2011, 06:18 PM
That strike at 0.18 shows fantastic technique. Opposition is irrelevant.
I preferred the one at 0:20 tbh

AKBapologist
17-07-2011, 06:26 PM
@Younggunsblog: Joel Campbell's father Humberto says another English team has made a better offer, and they'll discuss it tonight.

lol

Cripps_orig
17-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Other English teams are more than welcome to him

KSE Comedy Club
17-07-2011, 07:21 PM
@Younggunsblog: Joel Campbell's father Humberto says another English team has made a better offer, and they'll discuss it tonight.

lol

Wenger: "look who we nearly signed......."

Mr.Singh
17-07-2011, 07:41 PM
we can't even sign a kid from Costa Rica......

Xhaka Can’t
17-07-2011, 08:01 PM
What is happening with the Campbell transfer? Does anyone know what other Club is involved?

Sirjackofwilshere
17-07-2011, 08:19 PM
gunnerblog gilbertosilver Joel Campbell latest: the player's dad & agent will meet Arsenal officials in 10 minutes time (9pm UK) to try and finalise deal. [La Nacion]

hmm

McNamara That Ghost...
17-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Seems like nobody knows what in the blue hell is going on really.

GP
17-07-2011, 08:56 PM
That youtube clip looks impressive, but you can put together a video of any footballer and make him look top quality. The problem is that this guy is extremely inexperienced, and has played very few games for his Costa Rican Club side. I'm not saying he's not talented, because given the rave reviews he's getting he must be extremely promising, but can he really help improve us significantly for next season? This is not to say we shouldn't sign him, but even if we get him, Wenger MUST supplement the squad with experienced quality, so that we're not reliant on a raw youngster with very little first team experience to raise the standard of performance significantly.

Yeah, that's the 3rd time you've said that in the last 4 pages.

Joker
17-07-2011, 09:01 PM
I've deleted the post since it was irritating you so much.

Xhaka Can’t
17-07-2011, 09:17 PM
I like GP's approach to encouraging self-moderation.

Niall_Quinn
17-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Kid looks like he enjoys football and plays for the hell of it. Perhaps he should stay where he is and not come to our league at all. I like the look of him though, he looks a natural rather than manufactured player. Throw Chamakh on top of the $1.5 so we win twice.

GP
17-07-2011, 09:22 PM
I like GP's approach to encouraging self-moderation.

Thanks.

Can I be a mod now?

Cripps_orig
17-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger expects to see midfielder Cesc Fabregas in a Gunners shirt on Saturday when the team play Cologne in a friendly.Full story: Daily MirrorMeanwhile, Fabregas is pleading to Arsenal to be allowed to move back to Barca.Full story: Daily MailHope the prick is booed.And if the 2nd one is true and it probably is then what a cunt. However if it isn't true then he's still a cunt tbh

Ironing
17-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Hope the prick is booed.And if the 2nd one is true and it probably is then what a cunt. However if it isn't true then he's still a cunt tbh

why is he a cunt?

Toronto Gooner
18-07-2011, 01:45 AM
why is he a cunt?
Good question. I can find a very good use for one of the two and that one is not Fabregas. :)

Marc Overmars
18-07-2011, 08:19 AM
City accept a 40m bid from Corinthians for Tevez.

Cripps_orig
18-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Just read that Everton are interested in taking Bendtner on loan. Can't let that happen. We can't let him go out on loan. Everton or any other club interested will see how shit he is first hand and we'd never be able to sell him permanently

milla
18-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Just read that Everton are interested in taking Bendtner on loan. Can't let that happen. We can't let him go out on loan. Everton or any other club interested will see how shit he is first hand and we'd never be able to sell him permanently

He will be good for Everton :good:

AKBapologist
18-07-2011, 09:39 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/498x317/jul_11/zp_Gervinho_Song_2_110706PAFC_7159.jpg?ic=50d55fT

LDG
18-07-2011, 09:44 AM
I can see two streaks of white. That is all.

:run:

-Xs-
18-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Seems like nobody knows what in the blue hell is going on really.

Business as usual then...

Boss
18-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Gervinho transfer finally 100% confirmed.

Arsenal have completed the signing of striker Gervinho from Lille for an undisclosed fee, reported to be around £10.5 million.

The Gunners announced last week a deal had been agreed and the paperwork has now been approved, with Gervinho penning what Arsenal would only describe as a "long-term contract".

Gervinho, who helped Lille to win the Ligue 1 and Coupe de France double last season, said: "It's a great feeling to be an Arsenal player. I'm very happy. I've always dreamed to play for this club. I've achieved this dream now and I am so happy. It's one of the most beautiful days of my life.''

He added on the club's official website: "I'm very happy to have the chance to work with Arsene Wenger. I came here because I believe that he can improve my game and help me reach another level, but the most important thing for me is that I bring a lot to the team for whom I'm playing."

The Ivory Coast international scored 18 goals in 49 games for Lille last season but Wenger said the 24-year-old's ability to play anywhere across the front line was just as important as his strike-rate.

"Gervinho is a player that can play in a number of positions up front. He can play on the right, on the left and through the middle. He has qualities that I find very important, like his movement off the ball. He has the qualities we like technically," Wenger said.

"He is good one against one, he is strong and was the best provider in the French league with assists and he scored 15 goals. I think he is a very good addition to the squad."

Like Premier League stars Kolo Toure, Yaya Toure, Salomon Kalou and Arsenal's Emmanuel Eboue, Gervinho began his career with ASEC Mimosas in Abidjan.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/935318/arsenal-complete-gervinho-signing-from-lille?cc=4716

Chelsea sign some kid GK for 8M.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/935312/genk-goalkeeper-courtois-undergoing-chelsea-medical?cc=4716

Özim
18-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Gervinho is a player that can play in a number of positions up front. He can play on the right, on the left and through the middle. He has qualities that I find very important, like his movement off the ball. He has the qualities we like technically," Wenger said.

This seems to be very important to Wenger, every player he signs seem to have to be able to play in all sorts of positions (he almost always says this about new signings). Here's an idea, why not sign players for a particular position, then let them focus on doing what they're good at.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-07-2011, 11:28 AM
This seems to be very important to Wenger, every player he signs seem to have to be able to play in all sorts of positions (he almost always says this about new signings). Here's an idea, why not sign players for a particular position, then let them focus on doing what they're good at.

Because that would be a good idea!

Xhaka Can’t
18-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Heard about the prospect of Bendtner going out on loan. If we learn anything from this, it is that the business model, of giving large contracts to players before they have proved themselves, is unworkable.

Other teams just are not prepared to take the same risks as we are with prospects and it is that which has us stuck with them.

Marc Overmars
18-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Heard about the prospect of Bendtner going out on loan. If we learn anything from this, it is that the business model, of giving large contracts to players before they have proved themselves, is unworkable.

Other teams just are not prepared to take the same risks as we are with prospects and it is that which has us stuck with them.

Couldn't agree more.

Same applies to Denilson as well. The problem won't go away until we stop investing heavily in say 20 kids in hope that just 1 turns out to be decent. For a club who counts every penny, it seems like an expensive exercise that doesn't yield many rewards.

selassie
18-07-2011, 12:07 PM

This.

Xhaka Can’t
18-07-2011, 12:17 PM
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23970882-arsenal-must-spend-sensibly-says-ivan-gazidis.do

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis today defended his club's philosophy in the transfer market.

The Gunners completed a deal for Ivorian striker Gervinho today for £10.6million, with Carl Jenkinson's £1m signing from Charlton the only other business so far this summer.

And Gazidis does not expect too many more arrivals before the end of the transfer window.

"We do have money that we can spend," he said. "The challenge for us is a little bit different for other clubs. We have to find players who can improve on positions we currently have and add some depth.

"We want to be winners, trophy-winners, and there is a relentless focus on doing the things we need to achieve that but we have to do them within the bounds of a sensible football club."

Meanwhile, Gervinho today expressed his delight at joining the club. He said: "I'm very happy to have the chance to work with Arsene Wenger. I believe that he can improve my game and help me reach another level."

It would appear that the AST have been taken for being mugs by Gazidis.

"The challenge for us is a little bit different for other clubs. We have to find players who can improve on positions we currently have and add some depth.

Eh? How is that different from any other Club? And does he seriously think that we can't do better than the shower of garbage we have in defence?

Injury Time
18-07-2011, 12:43 PM
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23970882-arsenal-must-spend-sensibly-says-ivan-gazidis.do

Eh? How is that different from any other Club? And does he seriously think that we can't do better than the shower of garbage we have in defence?

Meanwhile, Gervinho today expressed his delight at joining the club. He said: "I'm very happy to have the chance to work with Arsene Wenger. I believe that he can improve my game and help me reach another level."
ffs he's getting ready to leave already <_<

Cripps_orig
18-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Oh ffs Gazidis :doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
18-07-2011, 12:55 PM

Gazidis trying to take the fans for mugs. he is bascially saying. don't expect signings to win you the league because they won't be coming.

The signingd we will get will be those capable of winning the CC shame the Mentally off the club will stop them becoming winners.

Power n Glory
18-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Wenger doesn't want to buy anymore players and Gazidis can't force him. If the manager thinks the current crop are good enough then who can question him?

Gazidis and the baord just have to let him know that he's job and reputation is on the line if he's wrong. If they grew a pair of balls and told Wenger that he has to delivery, he'd do everything in his power to win silverware, like he did when he first arrived. His comfortable now.

hymppi
18-07-2011, 01:05 PM
we can kiss the top 4 goodbye as the squad is not any stronger defensively. other teams have bought players with grit/heart and/or players with skills.
i can understand if we don't have the money to compete because of the stadium loans but paying a couple of mils more for a decent player would mean more sense than dividing it into bits to buy a few kids with 'potential'. fuck this.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Wenger doesn't want to buy anymore players and Gazidis can't force him. If the manager thinks the current crop are good enough then who can question him?

Gazidis and the baord just have to let him know that he's job and reputation is on the line if he's wrong. If they grew a pair of balls and told Wenger that he has to delivery, he'd do everything in his power to win silverware, like he did when he first arrived. His comfortable now.

I think We may see a baord Vs Manager Senario real soon. Can see the boared going over AW head very soon. Why would the board tll him his job would be on the line. When he has met there demands.

Lets be real The Arsenal aim is not to win a trophy but to finish top 4 until that changes from top And as long as AW gets there he will be fine.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Oh ffs Gazidis :doh:

If we are to believe what Gazdis has just said then I seriously think the club has lost the fucking plot
this better be a smokescreen of Biblical proportions otherwise I am going fucking lose it

if things go the way they are sounding then we stand to lose more players than we are bringing in
can someone tell me how does thar make sense? - NO? thought not

I try not to lose my rag about things asv quivkly as some but I think the MOC could lose me if this shit continues
will hold out till the end in hope that we still have a plan, well at least Wenger does because I had one since around the turn of the year and it involved a mirror, a watch and a team of bottlers being asked to taking the time to take a long hard look at themselves- fuckwits

Olivier's xmas twist
18-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Arsenal midfielder Denilson has expressed his "sadness" at leaving the club to return to Sao Paulo on loan.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has allowed the Brazilian to return to his his homeland on a tempoary basis after finding himself the down the pecking order at Emirates Stadium.

The 23-year-old, who joined Arsenal from Sao Paulo in the summer of 2006, has decided to move on in search of regular first-team action after growing increasingly frustrated with his lack of opportunities in the Arsenal starting XI.

"I will be playing in Brazil next season as I felt that this is a good opportunity for me to play regular first-team football," Denilson told the club's official website.

Good opportunity
"I move away with sadness because I have so many friends at Arsenal and everyone has always been so supportive towards me."

Denilson on his move to Sao Paulo

"I want to say thank you to the club, and of course, also a big thank you to all the Arsenal fans who are very special.

"I'm now focused on doing well in Brazil next season, but will always be looking out for the Arsenal results.

"It is a great club with many great players, a good team spirit and a top-class manager. I wish you well for next season."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7046252,00.html

Never knew this twat has gone

Xhaka Can’t
18-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Well he is gone and he isn't. No team is willing to take on his ridiculously generous contract, so he remains on our books.

Marc Overmars
18-07-2011, 02:08 PM
I remember Gazidis specifically saying there will be a turnover of players, some going, some coming. Now he's playing it conservatively, probably on Wenger's orders. I'm starting to think Gervinho might be as big as it gets for us this summer. His comments have a whiff of that infamous comment Wenger made about the right quality or whatever not being out there.

As for Denilson, hopefully we can find some mugs to take him on next year. Thank fuck he's gone for now though. Bendtner next please.