PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

AKBapologist
18-07-2011, 02:13 PM
http://www.surrealfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Untitleddocument-3-e1308090213640.png

http://www.surrealfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Untitleddrawing-2.png

http://www.surrealfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Untitled-drawing.png

Japan Shaking All Over
18-07-2011, 02:17 PM
shit AK!
looking at that just put me in an even fouler mood

Olivier's xmas twist
18-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Well he is gone and he isn't. No team is willing to take on his ridiculously generous contract, so he remains on our books.

Lets hope this becomes permanent. but thank GOD we won't see him in a gooner shirt this season or ever again hopefully

selassie
18-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I remember Gazidis specifically saying there will be a turnover of players, some going, some coming. Now he's playing it conservatively, probably on Wenger's orders. I'm starting to think Gervinho might be as big as it gets for us this summer. His comments have a whiff of that infamous comment Wenger made about the right quality or whatever not being out there.

As for Denilson, hopefully we can find some mugs to take him on next year. Thank fuck he's gone for now though. Bendtner next please.

Yup I'd go with this.

Arsene is done in the market IMHO, he'll only buy if he can find what he deems "the right player". What he actually means by that is a solid-ish player on the cheap.

This summer is the same as every other, more fool those for thinking he was going to change.

The sad thing is the squad is bloated with garbage on high wages and we're now seeing the consequences of it. Nobody is prepared to take these players off us as they don't want to pay their wages.

For example Denilson has gone on loan, there is talk of Bendy going out on loan because nobody is prepared to meet his wage demands or the transfer fee we want.

Plenty of Managers of Top 4 Clubs would get fired for the way Wenger has mismanaged the squad, it's a disgrace.

Mike Oxmall
18-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Typical that we get rid of one troublesome name for the cringeworthy pre-match team announcements, and he’s immediately replaced with another,
Good bye DE- (NILSON!) hello GER- (VINHO!)

Sheesh, sort it out Wenger

Özim
18-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Arsenal midfielder Denilson has expressed his "sadness" at leaving the club to return to Sao Paulo on loan.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has allowed the Brazilian to return to his his homeland on a tempoary basis after finding himself the down the pecking order at Emirates Stadium.

The 23-year-old, who joined Arsenal from Sao Paulo in the summer of 2006, has decided to move on in search of regular first-team action after growing increasingly frustrated with his lack of opportunities in the Arsenal starting XI.

"I will be playing in Brazil next season as I felt that this is a good opportunity for me to play regular first-team football," Denilson told the club's official website.

Good opportunity
"I move away with sadness because I have so many friends at Arsenal and everyone has always been so supportive towards me."

Denilson on his move to Sao Paulo

"I want to say thank you to the club, and of course, also a big thank you to all the Arsenal fans who are very special.

"I'm now focused on doing well in Brazil next season, but will always be looking out for the Arsenal results.

"It is a great club with many great players, a good team spirit and a top-class manager. I wish you well for next season."
Nah :coffee:

LDG
18-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Typical that we get rid of one troublesome name for the cringeworthy pre-match team announcements, and he’s immediately replaced with another,
Good bye DE- (NILSON!) hello GER- (VINHO!)

Sheesh, sort it out Wenger

:lol:

Welcommen btw :tiphat:

The Realist
18-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Good news on Joel Campbell. He's having a medical with Arsenal today and a deal will be done after the U20 World Cup.

"Joel Campbell will have a medical at Arsenal tonight, after a deal worth £950,000 for the 19 year old was made."

BOBN
18-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Campbell Set For Arsenal Medical
Published on July 18th, 2011

Joel Campbell will have a medical this evening ahead of the completion of his transfer to Arsenal, his father Humberto has confirmed.

The deal was all but sealed last night, when Richard Law met with both player and family following a rival bid from another Premier League team. Law managed to persuade the family to ignore that interest, and after increasing the initial £930,000 bid to over £1 million, all parties are happy.

Humberto Campbell confirmed the plans for a medical this evening, in an interview with La Prensa Libre.

“These tests will be in the Cima hospital and supervised by the people of Arsenal.” Everything is virtually ready.”

Campbell senior also confirmed Arsenal will be lodging a bid for a special talent work permit, but this may have to wait until after the Under 20 World Cup.

More to follow.
looks quality on youtube, im well up for this

Olivier's xmas twist
18-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Nah :coffee:

Well We Were supportive of him till it became apprent he was a lazy mong. He gave hos best whiich was no where as good as we needed ot to be.

Cripps_orig
18-07-2011, 05:48 PM
So we have the striker we all wanted in this Pub Teamer Joel Campbell.YayIs there a shaking head smiley cos I've given up hope with this joke of a manager? He won't sign a quality striker now cos he doesn't want to kill the pub teamer.In short we are fucked with a capital F

Xhaka Can’t
18-07-2011, 05:57 PM
I have to hand it to you. It's all or nothing. No sitting on the fence with you.

Marc Overmars
18-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Yeah this will probably mean we won't buy a more established striker to be an alternative to RVP.

RVP, Chakma, Vela, Campbell...Theo maybe.

Good enough options or another year of bemoaning our lack of killer instinct?

Master Splinter
18-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Campbell is unlikely to get a permit this year.

Power n Glory
18-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah this will probably mean we won't buy a more established striker to be an alternative to RVP.

RVP, Chakma, Vela, Campbell...Theo maybe.

Good enough options or another year of bemoaning our lack of killer instinct?

If RVP gets injured, then we're in trouble. Especially if it's around Christmas when the games are congested and the ACON is on.

fakeyank
18-07-2011, 07:10 PM
If RVP gets injured, then we're in trouble. Especially if it's around Christmas when the games are congested and the ACON is on.

Dont worry.. Chakma will be scoring goals for fun

Olivier's xmas twist
18-07-2011, 07:10 PM

Then why the hell are we signing him lol.

milla
18-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Dont worry.. Chakma will be scoring goals for fun

Oi Mr Current Affair, Chamakh will be away for ACON too. :lol:

Mr.Singh
18-07-2011, 07:20 PM

I heard he has a Irish grandfather

fakeyank
18-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Oi Mr Current Affair, Chamakh will be away for ACON too. :lol:

What if Morroco doesnt qualify? If not Chakma, we always have Vela to be chipping in goals for fun!

milla
18-07-2011, 07:35 PM
What if Morroco doesnt qualify? If not Chakma, we always have Vela to be chipping in goals for fun!

Mexican feather weight or russian fat fuck. :coffee:

Boss
18-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Boateng to Bayern confirmed.

Corinthians deny the 40M Tevez bid.

Given has gone to Aston Villa.

Spurs have signed the 'next Didier Drogba'.

Mata sounds like he'd be willing to move if a decent offer came in..

Valencia star and reported Arsenal target juan Mata has been talking to Lasprovincias about the speculation surrounding his future:
“It is true that teams have been linked with me but this is a good sign that I am playing well. Despite all the rumours, I have to stay calm and step away from all the speculation. I am well aware of the rumours but this is not the first summer I have had to deal with this so they do not worry me. My aim now is to make sure I am ready for the start of the new season and keep improving as a player. I want to win more trophies.”

http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove/

Darth Vela
18-07-2011, 09:03 PM
I had a thought, this Campbell deal smacks of not getting our top target but getting in an alternative (looks good anyway, not moaning...too much) to fill the role we needed filled, the only question is, why didn't we get the guy we wanted? I reckon it was Benzema we were after, or a striker of similar standing, and we wanted to spend the Cesc money on him as we thought Barca would cough up, now that Cesc might not be leaving we've got this kid instead. Good as Cesc is (and he is) I feel kinda disappointed we're not going to get in that top guy. Then again, if Cesc stays, we might let Nasri leave and if that gives us 20m we might see that go on a decent player.

Power n Glory
18-07-2011, 09:08 PM
I had a thought, this Campbell deal smacks of not getting our top target but getting in an alternative (looks good anyway, not moaning...too much) to fill the role we needed filled, the only question is, why didn't we get the guy we wanted? I reckon it was Benzema we were after, or a striker of similar standing, and we wanted to spend the Cesc money on him as we thought Barca would cough up, now that Cesc might not be leaving we've got this kid instead. Good as Cesc is (and he is) I feel kinda disappointed we're not going to get in that top guy. Then again, if Cesc stays, we might let Nasri leave and if that gives us 20m we might see that go on a decent player.

We were never going to get that top guy even if we sold Cesc or/and Nasri.

Darth Vela
18-07-2011, 09:56 PM
I reckon we would, I know thinking that our management and board are actually doing things for the best is a niche opinion nowadays but we ain't pissing around now, we'd need to bring someone else in.

Elreactor
18-07-2011, 10:43 PM
No serious links with a new defender or anything else?? At all?

Power n Glory
18-07-2011, 11:01 PM
I reckon we would, I know thinking that our management and board are actually doing things for the best is a niche opinion nowadays but we ain't pissing around now, we'd need to bring someone else in.

We just sold Clichy and we're happy to let Gibbs step into his shoes. We have a history of doing this and when Nasri and Cesc sat out a number of games towards the end of last season, Wenger was experimenting with Ramsey and Wilshere in the middle. You can't vouch for these guys. Gazidis and Wenger said we'd have an active summer and mislead the fans in a big way. Now they're saying we're unlikely to sign anymore players.

Even if they fully intended to sign a big player, I don't think either of them can pull it off because they hold no weight when it comes to negotiations. Look how long it has taken us to sign Gervinho. Forget about us sitting at the table with a top to thrash out a deal. They wouldn't tolerate us. Our low bids wouldn't even make it off the fax machine tray!

Cripps_orig
18-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Manchester City have edged ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea in the race to sign £18m-rated striker Romelu Lukaku from Anderlecht.Full story: MetroChelsea are hoping to trump interest from Juventus and Arsenal and lure £12m-rated Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Arturo Vidal to Stamford Bridge.Full story: Daily MirrorOh well, the Lukaku story was nice while it lasted.I notice how both rumours above are about how we are being left behind by other clubs in going after our targets

Marc Overmars
18-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Don't think we should get be getting our hopes up over any "big" signing, deep down we know it's not going to happen. I expect maybe a defender to come in but otherwise it's as you were.

Cripps_orig
18-07-2011, 11:21 PM
I had a thought, this Campbell deal smacks of not getting our top target but getting in an alternative (looks good anyway, not moaning...too much) to fill the role we needed filled, the only question is, why didn't we get the guy we wanted? I reckon it was Benzema we were after, or a striker of similar standing, and we wanted to spend the Cesc money on him as we thought Barca would cough up, now that Cesc might not be leaving we've got this kid instead. Good as Cesc is (and he is) I feel kinda disappointed we're not going to get in that top guy. Then again, if Cesc stays, we might let Nasri leave and if that gives us 20m we might see that go on a decent player. Wait a second. We go after a quality striker like Benzema who we don't get so as an alternative we go to the bargain basement and get a pub teamer who'll be lucky to see a minute of action next season?Surely there's a better alternative?

Japan Shaking All Over
19-07-2011, 12:28 AM
What has happened so far falls well short of what is needed. . .there better be more ortherwise we are slightly screwed

Toronto Gooner
19-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Wait a second. We go after a quality striker like Benzema who we don't get so as an alternative we go to the bargain basement and get a pub teamer who'll be lucky to see a minute of action next season?Surely there's a better alternative?
Possibly but Liverpool got in ahead of us and bought the English pub team player for 35 million. :)

AKBapologist
19-07-2011, 08:27 AM
@jamedalton82: Joel Campbell deal off via @gunnerblog . Father dicking Arsenal around. Slightly annoyed but I'll be more annoyed when we don't buy a CB

AKBapologist
19-07-2011, 08:43 AM
@Younggunsblog: The excellent @Gunnerblog has the full story on his blog. Disappointing, but Saprissa say Arsenal have been 'first class'.
http://gunnerblog.com/?p=2899

Marc Overmars
19-07-2011, 08:49 AM
His dad should piss off tbh.

Boss
19-07-2011, 09:10 AM
I was reasonably excited by the sound of this one too, but oh well...

Hope we start signing some proper players now.

KSE Comedy Club
19-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Fucking hell, I cant stand all this fantastic positive Arsenal news, its all too much.

Cripps_orig
19-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Daddy Campbell :bow:Let's put this to bed now and go after quality players, not pub teamers

KSE Comedy Club
19-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Daddy Campbell :bow:Let's put this to bed now and go after quality players, not pub teamers
Unfortunatley, thats just not going to happen.

Boss
19-07-2011, 10:11 AM
We've signed* our new defender

http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/bartley-i-m-ready-for-the-first-team-now?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+%28News+Feed%29

Olivier's xmas twist
19-07-2011, 10:16 AM

http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/bartley-i-m-ready-for-the-first-team-now?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+(News+Feed)

Well he is no worse then what we have tbh

Japan Shaking All Over
19-07-2011, 10:19 AM
at the moment we can do no worse than see what he is like.......played a season of pub league football but could think of worse clubs he could have been loaned out to........wait a moment no I can't!!!!

Cripps_orig
19-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Yay.

Injury Time
19-07-2011, 10:24 AM

http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/bartley-i-m-ready-for-the-first-team-now?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+%28News+Feed%29
Injured and a leader, hmm he'll fit straight in to our first team treatment room *sigh*

Darth Vela
19-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Wait a second. We go after a quality striker like Benzema who we don't get so as an alternative we go to the bargain basement and get a pub teamer who'll be lucky to see a minute of action next season?Surely there's a better alternative?A talented pub teamer who's under the age for being officially declared in our 25-man squad, yes. Looks like it's off anyway, never mind.

Incidentally, I'm interested to see what Bartley can do, he's the right kind of defender but if a new guy comes in he'll be 5th choice in all likelihood, not a good place for a young guy who needs games but with our injury record he'd be a useful rotation player against lower teams.

Kano
19-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Wait a second. We go after a quality striker like Benzema who we don't get so as an alternative we go to the bargain basement and get a pub teamer who'll be lucky to see a minute of action next season?Surely there's a better alternative?

when did we bid for benzema?

milla
19-07-2011, 10:49 AM
@Younggunsblog: The excellent @Gunnerblog has the full story on his blog. Disappointing, but Saprissa say Arsenal have been 'first class'.
http://gunnerblog.com/?p=2899

Good, we dont need another young promising rising fukin moon light, we need finished article. Get Benzema, Cahill, Hazard etc. :coffee:

milla
19-07-2011, 10:50 AM

I rate him quiet highly, but also remember he was slaughtered during CL away game last season. :coffee:

Boss
19-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Well he is no worse then what we have tbh

Would prefer to see Bartley in the team ahead of dogshite like Squillaci, tbf.

Can't believe we're keeping that mong.

Cripps_orig
19-07-2011, 10:55 AM
when did we bid for benzema?Don't think we did or if we did, it can't have been more than a couple of million which was probably laughed at as Wenger is nothing more than a laughing stock these days.I was just going by DVs scenario that we didn't get our main target so went for an alternative. A cheap shite ass piss poor alternative at that. Thankfully the father might have fucked it up

Boss
19-07-2011, 10:58 AM
We were never in for Benzema:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2011/07/19/2581315/karim-benzema-denies-he-has-spoken-to-arsenal-reiterates?

We won't sign a 20M+ player until Wenger leaves.

Darth Vela
19-07-2011, 10:58 AM
when did we bid for benzema?

We didn't.

It was just an idea bouncing around my head that we expected Barca to give us a good enough bid and were going to spend the money on a decent striker to play with RvP, like Benzema but now that Barca look more like cocking off than coughing up we aren't willing to spend a large amount so went for a younger talent instead.

Boss
19-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Stuff about us being interested in a youth defender:

Arsenal are interested in São Paulo defender Bruno Uvini, and hope their good relationship with the Brazilian outfit will give them an advantage in the race for his signature.

The Gunners agreed to let wantaway midfielder Denílson return to São Paulo over the weekend, despite reportedly being offered a higher loan fee from Fluminense. The club are now hoping to use that deal to their advantage in the hunt for Uvini.

The 20-year-old full-back will captain Brazil's Under-20s at the forthcoming World Cup, where scouts from a number of European clubs will watch him. Arsenal are expected to be there, and could firm up their interest should Uvini have a successful tournament.

Uvini's current contract runs until 2014, but São Paulo are hopeful of agreeing new terms with him, which would include a release clause for European sides.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/9128/2/arsenal-step-interest-brazil-under-20-star

Also, if anyone cares, pictures of Denilson in Brazil:

http://i54.tinypic.com/znx4k1.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/brazilgunners

They'll pay us 400k for the loan deal and they have an option to buy at the end of it for 6M euros.

Hope he plays well.

hymppi
19-07-2011, 11:11 AM

squid can fuck off. bartley should take his place. still, we need a good, experienced defender.

Darth Vela
19-07-2011, 11:12 AM

I don't think anyone else wants him, which is weird as he'd still do well in France or Spain.

Injury Time
19-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Stuff about us being interested in a youth defender:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/9128/2/arsenal-step-interest-brazil-under-20-star

Also, if anyone cares, pictures of Denilson in Brazil:

http://i54.tinypic.com/znx4k1.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/brazilgunners

They'll pay us 400k for the loan deal and they have an option to buy at the end of it for 6M euros.

Hope he plays well.
So back next season "like a new signing no doubt" <_<

Marc Overmars
19-07-2011, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't mind having Bartley in the first team set up. He GHEL'd it up in Scotland with Rangers so he's not someone who would shy away from the challenges presented to him.

Adds to our increasing GHEL quota too.

Ralpheroo72
19-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Is it late July yet? Funny how the Gervinho announcement was made in last few days, does that count as the late July transfer activity Wenger was on about?

Marc Overmars
19-07-2011, 12:15 PM
It's a long waiting period.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-07-2011, 03:07 PM
from Sky - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7047617,00.html

Joel Campbell has opted against signing for Arsenal just yet in order to focus on the upcoming Under-20 World Cup finals.

The 19-year-old Costa Rica international was believed to be on the verge of joining The Gunners in a near £1million deal.

However, the teenager has decided to remain with Deporivo Saprissa for now in order to concentrate on the U20 tournament in Colombia.

Campbell's father Humberto confirmed the highly-rated starlet would not be joining in order to concentrate on international commitments.

Arsenal's Premier League rivals Manchester United have also been linked with the starlet and it has been confirmed that 'other' offers are on the table.

Offers
"We've decided we will not sign anything yet," his father told La Nacion.

"We have other offers on the table that are being analysed, but nothing's done. Let's negotiate after the World Cup.

"We hope to go to the World Cup and that Joel plays well without pressure. We'll see what happens."

Disappointment
Saprissa president Juan Carlos Rojas has expressed his disappointment that Campbell's transfer to Arsenal will not come to fruition.

"It's disappointing for football, for Saprissa that these people have not taken Arsenal's offer seriously," explained Rojas.

"I assume the father thinks things will get better after the decision, but there's always a risk.

"It's a pity Costa Rican football could not have a player at Arsenal at the moment."

"We have other offers on the table that are being analysed, but nothing's done

another hijacked bid obviously a much bigger pay pack on offer......talk is Utd are sniffing about

:rose:?

Olivier's xmas twist
19-07-2011, 04:15 PM
from Sky - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7047617,00.html

another hijacked bid obviously a much bigger pay pack on offer......talk is Utd are sniffing about

:rose:?

Meh we don't need no more premadonna's anyway

fari
19-07-2011, 04:20 PM

that;s what i'm saying. i think daddy has got the big eyes and thinks a multi-million dollar deal will come up. oh well, we will see

Japan Shaking All Over
19-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Daddys as agents. . . we should know better
after putting up with Bendtner Snr and Jnr

Mr.Singh
19-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Daddy Campbell is merely pimping his son what a cunt.....

Olivier's xmas twist
19-07-2011, 04:36 PM
that;s what i'm saying. i think daddy has got the big eyes and thinks a multi-million dollar deal will come up. oh well, we will see

Even if we signed him daddy will only Tell him to go Barca in 2 years anyway

Fist of Lehmann
19-07-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm sure one of the interested parties got to the father, greased his hole and his eyes went 'KER-CHING!'

Grubby little jizzmonkey.

Elreactor
19-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Meh he´s 19. We need stuff to use right now. It´s not that our first team is so irreplaceable as to concentrate on signing kids that won´t play for at least 2 years. Not anymore.

Xhaka Can’t
19-07-2011, 05:35 PM

Damn straight, we need more post-op ones.

fakeyank
19-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Why are we even bothered about signing this kid? He is a no body.. I think our focus should be in signing experienced players who will hit the ground running

Injury Time
19-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Why are we even bothered about signing this kid? He is a no body.. I think our focus should be in signing experienced players who will hit the ground running
Hi you must be new here...

fakeyank
19-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Hi you must be new here...

Not that mate.. I just think we shouldnt be wasting our precious typing time on this kid. I'd rather see more stuff (yes, I know its repetative) about how AW has failed and how we are getting doomed.

hymppi
19-07-2011, 08:19 PM
http://www.football-corner.org/2011/07/19/samir-nasri-agrees-deal-to-join-manchester-city/?

SAMIR NASRI AGREES DEAL TO JOIN MANCHESTER CITY
Posted by Cathal Breathnach on July 19, 2011 | 54 Comments
Football Corner can this evening confirm that Samir Nasri has agreed a deal to join Manchester City.
Nasri, 24, has been strongly linked with away from move Arsenal in recent weeks with several Premier League sides, including the two Manchester clubs, reportedly interested.
However, Arsene Wenger has continued to deny speculation that the French international would be leaving the Emirates, but after all of his claims, it would appear Wenger has lost one of his most prized assets.
City boss Roberto Mancini confirmed earlier this month that he was keen to bring Nasri to the Etihad Stadium and with the player’s contract at Arsenal due to expire in 12 months, it seems officials at Eastlands have finally convinced Arsenal to sell.
The fee is believed to be £21 million and Nasri will be unveileved as a City player in the next 48 hours.

interesting exchange of comments after the story :D

selassie
19-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Is it late July yet? Funny how the Gervinho announcement was made in last few days, does that count as the late July transfer activity Wenger was on about?

We've been negotiating with his club for the best part of the summer window, you know Arsenal love to haggle!

It doesn't inspire me very much in terms of more signings...if we don't make our moves now I can't see any first team quality type signings being made.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arsene is rummaging around the bargain bins of Ligue One come the last day of the window.

KSE Comedy Club
19-07-2011, 10:53 PM
42 days of the window left now, I think.

Marc Overmars
19-07-2011, 10:57 PM
41 of those days constitute the waiting period.

Cripps_orig
19-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Arsenal have stepped up their interest in Sao Paulo's 20-year-old full-back Bruno Uvini.Full story: talkSPORTArsenal are in advanced talks with Bayern Munich for the signature of France forward Franck Ribery.Full story: footybunker.comThe brazilian can piss off tbh but I'd take Ribery here. Won't happen though

Niall_Quinn
20-07-2011, 12:35 AM
The brazilian can piss off tbh but I'd take Ribery here. Won't happen though

Ribery! Now that would be HUGE for us - we could get upwards of £40mill from City in a couple of years for a player like that.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Ribery! I love it!

I have a list of 'Will not happen' stories which is longer than the number of posts Ach has made on the new GW

not saying I wouldn't mind it to happen tho........will have to blow our transfer record out of the water to get him tho

Kano
20-07-2011, 07:56 AM
We've been negotiating with his club for the best part of the summer window, you know Arsenal love to haggle!

It doesn't inspire me very much in terms of more signings...if we don't make our moves now I can't see any first team quality type signings being made.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arsene is rummaging around the bargain bins of Ligue One come the last day of the window.

no there was a problem with his visa paperwork, on his part

Boss
20-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Southampton winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has opened the door to a potential move this summer after he admitted that he wants to join a 'top club'.

Oxlade-Chamberlain, 17, has been hailed as one of England's most exciting young players and has been linked with a move to Arsenal, with the Gunners knocked back in their efforts to sign him in an £8 million deal (rising to £12m) already.

However, the teenager now claims he wants to move to one of the best sides in the Premier League to test himself further.

"I've heard Arsenal are in for me and to join a top-four club is what I hope for,'' he told the Sun. "When the bus comes along, you have to jump on it and make the most of your opportunities. It's not every day you get a chance like that. I believe in my own ability and that I have what it takes to play in the Premier League."

Oxlade-Chamberlain also says he has talked with Saints and hopes they will not block him from completing a dream move.

"I've had a chat with the manager, Nigel Adkins, about my situation and expressed my feelings to him,'' he added. ''I talked about how I wanted to be playing in the Premier League as quickly as possible and he has been really understanding.

"I've been at Southampton since I was seven and enjoyed every minute of it. They've brought me up in a really good way. The fans and the manager have been great and the club have made me what I am today.

"But I feel it's time for the next step. The way I see it, the Premier League is where I aspire to play. You aren't at the top of the game until you get there.

"I could spend a year in the Championship and, though this might sound negative, I could get injured and that opportunity might be lost. The next year another young star could come through and the opening might not come around again."

Southampton had success with both Theo Walcott and Gareth Bale, selling them on at a huge profit while they were still youngsters, and Oxlade-Chamberlain understands why he will be compared to the duo.

He declared: "I guess seeing what has happened with Theo and Gareth inspires me. Although they didn't jump straight into the first team when they moved, they've pushed on to better things. So I take confidence from that.

"Obviously you are going to be a bit apprehensive going into the Premier League. But you have to take risks. If you step up and it doesn't work out, you have to hold your hands up. But if you believe in yourself and you're willing to work, which I am, there's endless amounts you can achieve.

"My team-mates understand my position. And I'm sure if they had this chance they wouldn't turn it down. It's the same with anyone in any line of work. If you can better yourself, it's silly not to want to move on and do it."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/935815/alex-oxlade-chamberlain:-i-want-to-join-?&cc=4716

He's probably our next signing.

Boss
20-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Also, from elsewhere...

Tevez to Corinthians is off because they can't pay the up front fee requested.

'Arry is interested in signing Adebayor :popcorn:

Sanchez deal is (supposedly) done.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Also, from elsewhere...

Tevez to Corinthians is off because they can't pay the up front fee requested.

'Arry is interested in signing Adebayor :popcorn:

Sanchez deal is (supposedly) done.

'Arry is interested in signing Adebayor

can see that whore going there as well! - will get killed if he tries another one of those celebrations against us playing for the Scum

Marc Overmars
20-07-2011, 08:23 AM
We should sign Tevez, his family will be more at home in diverse Norf London tbh.

Coney
20-07-2011, 08:46 AM
We should sign Tevez, his family will be more at home in diverse Norf London tbh.

He's ugly, but he does put the ball in the net. :good:

selassie
20-07-2011, 09:21 AM
no there was a problem with his visa paperwork, on his part

Sure, that was the minor snag. Before that we had a few lowball offers turned down and he declined our initial wage offer.

I accept that negotiations are part and parcel of a transfer but it does seem that a lot of our deals are long drawn out sagas.

It worries me that we'll start deals for other players and fail to complete them due to haggling etc....

Kano
20-07-2011, 09:38 AM
they are only drawn out because thats the feed people hook into from the media

and its obvious how much absolute shit they spew out

look at you the other week when sky said he was going to be more offensive to counter defensive probs. you even had to make shit up to justify it, when it all came from a completely different question.

if you buy into the media nonsense everyday then they'll dictate a lot of perception surrounding the club

hobson's choice
20-07-2011, 10:29 AM
so did we sign someone else yet

Fats
20-07-2011, 10:32 AM

More chance of getting a whale up your arse!!!!!

selassie
20-07-2011, 02:03 PM

Nope, we're still in the waiting period. :sulk:

Grebbo
20-07-2011, 02:16 PM

It could be worse....we could have signed Chamakh, Squillaci and Koscielny, oh right yeah that was last summer.

Wenger is a fucking moron.

Özim
20-07-2011, 02:24 PM
they are only drawn out because thats the feed people hook into from the media

and its obvious how much absolute shit they spew out

look at you the other week when sky said he was going to be more offensive to counter defensive probs. you even had to make shit up to justify it, when it all came from a completely different question.

if you buy into the media nonsense everyday then they'll dictate a lot of perception surrounding the club
Come on, this isn't down to the media that we drag our heels over almost every deal, after all doesn't really seem to happen often to other clubs....and why wouldn't the media do the same thing?

Our spending policy seems to be the problem in my opinion, we want to get everyone on the cheap.

The Realist
20-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Arsenal in for Ribery?! (http://www.footybunker.com/arsenal-in-advanced-talks-with-bayern-munich-for-french-dazzler/8023)

wish this was true lol

Japan Shaking All Over
20-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Chelsea have put in a bid for Anderlecht's 18-year-old striker Romelu Lukaku, BBC Sport understands.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14214231.stm

time for us to do the pipping........18 mil is not out of our range can put the 950,000 we put aside towards Campbell towards it and I am hosting a raffle down at the Trout and Firkin...........just dont forget the CB

Olivier's xmas twist
20-07-2011, 04:20 PM

time for us to do the pipping........18 mil is not out of our range can put the 950,000 we put aside towards Campbell towards it and I am hosting a raffle down at the Trout and Firkin...........just dont forget the CB

Did they not do that before.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over

Did they not do that before.

host a raffle down the Trout and Firkin........nah not yet mate!

AKBapologist
20-07-2011, 05:23 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7051110,00.html?utm_source=twitterfe ed&utm_medium=twitter

dazthegooner
20-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Lol confirmed chelsea fan is he fuck like rest of us never even heard of chelski till a couple of years ago apart from being thugs

selassie
20-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Come on, this isn't down to the media that we drag our heels over almost every deal, after all doesn't really seem to happen often to other clubs....and why wouldn't the media do the same thing?Our spending policy seems to be the problem in my opinion, we want to get everyone on the cheap. :good: Totally agree.

Cripps_orig
20-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Arsenal will make a £10m offer for Birmingham defender Scott Dann after becoming increasingly frustrated over Bolton's demands for Gary Cahill.Caught OffsideIsn't Dann a bit shit?

Xhaka Can’t
20-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Its important that new signings fit right in.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Isn't Dann a bit shit?

I see that an extra year in age hasn't diminished your powers to analysis........keep up the good work Cripps

its not Dann we should be going for........

Niall_Quinn
21-07-2011, 02:21 AM
Isn't Dann a bit shit?

It really makes no odds. Wenger has already blown this transfer window. He needed to send a clear message that change was sweeping through the club. Instead he's declared business as usual.

selassie
21-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Isn't Dann a bit shit?

Yes.

I doubt we'll sign him anyway....we'll probably spend the next few months haggling over loose change with Birmingham over this transfer.

I don't think we'll sign a PL based CB this summer, we'll probably get a cheap buy from Ligue One or somewhere like that come the end of the window.

Özim
21-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Dann:lol:

Hope this is nonsense not convinced this guy is good enough.

Boss
21-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Caught Offside is always nonsense.

I used to write for them ffs.

LDG
21-07-2011, 08:14 AM

Sooooo bored of the same shit every day.

I'm already in season start mode. Not expecting anything else now.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-07-2011, 08:19 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7051110,00.html?utm_source=twitterfe ed&utm_medium=twitter

Do Chelsea really need this kid though i mean they have Sturiddge wo could be better then this kid Cheslea really don't need another striker.

Marc Overmars
21-07-2011, 08:31 AM
They're probably getting him with Drogba and Anelka in mind, they need to be replaced eventually. Makes sense for this kid to be an understudy.

Coney
21-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Come on, this isn't down to the media that we drag our heels over almost every deal, after all doesn't really seem to happen often to other clubs....and why wouldn't the media do the same thing?

Our spending policy seems to be the problem in my opinion, we want to get everyone on the cheap.

Because the media are lazy and bang out the same quotes like a mantra each time. All the 'we don't like teams getting in our faces' comments, for instance. True, but other teams don't like that either. We got a lot of 'in the face' stuff a few seasons back and suffered. We got press about it. Then the lower teams got in the other 'big 4' teams faces in following seasons - last year especially - and they didn't like it either. But the lazy press only mention us because it is an easy headline. And they will keep doing it until we win a trophy or two. Same with the transfer policy. Barca have done the transfer shit for years and the press lap it up. We will be changing on what we buy this year - I am pretty sure that Gazidis/Wenger are doing stuff behind the scenes - but the press will churn out the same shit to the end of the transfer window.

Boss
21-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Valencia have inicated they could now be willing to accept an offer for Juan Mata after previously insisting he is not for sale.

Mata has been linked with a move to Arsenal since starring in the European Under-21 Championships, after previously being linked with Liverpool, but talk of a Premier League switch was quashed by his current club ten days ago with president Manuel Llorente explicitly claiming "Juan Mata is not for sale".

However, the La Liga club, who cashed in on David Villa and David Silva last summer, now appear willing to cash in should the right offer come for Mata.

"The possibility exists that Mata will leave the club," Valencia manager Unai Emery told Marca. "We want him to stay and Mata has also expressed his desire to stay at Valencia, but at the same time we cannot stop a player who really wants to leave for money or for a bigger club.

"So, if there is a large financial offer from any club, that is good for both us and him, we will have to let him leave."

Tottenham are also believed to be interested in the winger, but Arsenal's potential to offer Champions League football next season is understood to put the Gunners as frontrunners for Mata's signature. Liverpool's move for Stewart Downing also suggests their interest will have waned.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/936010/valencia-prepared-to-sell-juan-mata?cc=4716

Time for Wenger to MTFU and sign him.

Boss
21-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Also, we've been linked with our first brown Asian bhai:

Arsenal will battle north London rivals Tottenham for Nepalese teenager Rohit Chand.

The 18-year-old, who plays for Indian First Division side Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) SC, is regarded as one of the hottest prospects in Asian football and is desparate to make the big time in European football.

Both Arsenal and Spurs are expected to run the rule over the classy defender when Nepal face Jordan in the World Cup 2014 qualifier next week.

Former Spurs skipper Graham Roberts, who is the current coach of Nepal, is in no doubt Chand is destined for the very top.

He said: "Rohit is by far the best centre-half I have ever coached. He is an extreme talent who will play at the highest level."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/9167/3/arsenal-and-tottenham-battle-nepal-star

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/ts_news_article_header_image/Rohit-Chand-Arsenak-Tottenham-Transfer-Target.JPG

He shows that he can do the business.

Our must get target of the transfer window. :pray:

Coney
21-07-2011, 08:39 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/936010/valencia-prepared-to-sell-juan-mata?cc=4716

How do you know he is not already doing that?

Boss
21-07-2011, 09:46 AM
100% sure we won't sign Mata, although tbf we probably don't need him.

Apparently we've had a £10M bid for Jagielka rejected by Everton. We also had a £12M bid rejected last year.

dazthegooner
21-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Hmm we bid for him this is rejected so we go back with a lower offer :blink:

selassie
21-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Hmm we bid for him this is rejected so we go back with a lower offer :blink:

I don't believe the rumour, it makes no sense.

Having had bids rejected for him last summer Everton are hardly going to sell him on the Cheap this summer.

Boss
21-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Twitter talk ESPNsoccernet journalist @andybrassell tweets: “Lucho González's agent was on RMC last night claiming 4 clubs (2 Eng, 2 Ita) are speaking to him. Only 1 of 4 CL-qualified; one of Eng ones”

Probably Citeh, although maybe Chelski with AVB.

dazthegooner
21-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Former Arsenal man Garry forced to retire
Former Arsenal defender Ryan Garry has been forced to retire from football at the age of 27.

The versatile full-back, who featured in Arsenal's 2001 FA Youth Cup Final triumph, has called time on his playing career at Bournemouth after failing to recover from a persistent nerve-related problem in his lower leg and will become first-team coach and defensive co-ordinator at the club.

A former scholar at Highbury, Garry signed professional terms with Arsenal in July 2001 and made his first-team debut in Arsenal's 3-2 Worthington Cup Third-Round defeat at home to Sunderland in November 2002.
His only Premiership appearance was in a 6-1 victory over Southampton in May 2003, the game that started Arsenal’s 49-game unbeaten run

Olivier's xmas twist
21-07-2011, 10:59 AM
100% sure we won't sign Mata, although tbf we probably don't need him.

Apparently we've had a £10M bid for Jagielka rejected by Everton. We also had a £12M bid rejected last year.

Everton want think he is worth £20 mill. Rather get Cahill tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
21-07-2011, 11:00 AM

Reckon he will Once Cunt Fabregas goes to Barca

Coney
21-07-2011, 11:24 AM

Having had bids rejected for him last summer Everton are hardly going to sell him on the Cheap this summer.

These are 'apparent' offers reported from .. where? Some totally reliable source?

Olivier's xmas twist
21-07-2011, 11:34 AM

well if you use barca logic he is a year older and its a year later so he is worth less

Coney
21-07-2011, 11:36 AM
well if you use barca logic he is a year older and its a year later so he is worth less

And I'm sure our lads can't wait to force an Arsenal shirt on him.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-07-2011, 12:01 PM
And I'm sure our lads can't wait to force an Arsenal shirt on him.
Yep With Wilshere leading the tapping up, i mean being guilty of wanting him at arsenal.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-07-2011, 12:11 PM
ARSENE WENGER is under pressure from the board to start spending at Arsenal.
Some Emirates chiefs are baffled £11million star Gervinho is the only major arrival, even though the start of the Premier League season is just three weeks away.

Wenger has focused on attempting to keep both Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas. And he wants to tie up Robin van Persie to a new deal. He is also considering offering new terms to other emerging players at the club.

Yet despite being given a large amount to spend, Wenger has failed to lure anyone else other than Charlton's £1m defender Carl Jenkinson.

Wenger is being urged to close out some of his deals with shareholders and fans becoming increasingly concerned and frustrated with the lack of transfer activity.

Thousands of supporters are turning down the chance to take a season ticket for the coming campaign, as exclusively revealed in SunSport on Tuesday.

The Gunners boss accepts he urgently needs at least one centre-back but has not pounced in the market.

Wenger failed to land Blackburn's Phil Jones, who joined Manchester United, while Arsenal had a £10m bid for Everton's Phil Jagielka laughed off.

The Frenchman has made only enquiries for Blackburn's Chris Samba and Bolton's Gary Cahill.

Arsenal also face a fight to sign Anderlecht ace Romelu Lukaku.

Wenger has already made a £14m offer for the 18-year-old striker while Manchester City and Chelsea are also involved a bidding war.

And Fabregas looks certain to leave with a Barcelona delegation set to head to London today for talks before offering £35m.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3706163/Arsene-Wenger-is-under-pressure-from-the-Arsenal-board-to-start-buying-players.html#ixzz1Sk0T3gzx

Probs shite being from the Sun, but if the board are getting fed up With Aw not spending the road ahead could be interesting

Özim
21-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Everton want think he is worth £20 mill. Rather get Cahill tbh
Cahill isn't coming dude, he never was.

Coney
21-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3706163/Arsene-Wenger-is-under-pressure-from-the-Arsenal-board-to-start-buying-players.html#ixzz1Sk0T3gzx

Probs shite being from the Sun, but if the board are getting fed up With Aw not spending the road ahead could be interesting

I think the Kroenke effect might well be to push for more of a spend - he was not part of the original 'project' and he knows that a decent return on his own investment - buying in when the price was much higher than when the previous board invested - means that we have to get good franchise revenue, which means trophies which, in turn, means buying whatever players are necessary to get silverware.

While the Sun story might be partial crap, given the board change and Gazidis' as well as Wenger's comments at end of season and the AST meetings, it does seem clear that we will be buying this time round. I think this is already under way and has been for weeks. Just because we have not seen the results, just rumours from dubious sources, does not mean that things are not happening quietly in the background, which is how it should be done.

Fist of Lehmann
21-07-2011, 12:34 PM
I think the Kroenke effect might well be to push for more of a spend - he was not part of the original 'project' and he knows that a decent return on his own investment - buying in when the price was much higher than when the previous board invested - means that we have to get good franchise revenue, which means trophies which, in turn, means buying whatever players are necessary to get silverware.

While the Sun story might be partial crap, given the board change and Gazidis' as well as Wenger's comments at end of season and the AST meetings, it does seem clear that we will be buying this time round. I think this is already under way and has been for weeks. Just because we have not seen the results, just rumours from dubious sources, does not mean that things are not happening quietly in the background, which is how it should be done.

I like the way you rationalise this and while I'd like to believe that there was pressure from above to spend, but well, quotes=0.

Kroenke spoke to the Sun about his bafflement? This <= Doubt.

selassie
21-07-2011, 12:41 PM
These are 'apparent' offers reported from .. where? Some totally reliable source?

Well if we're talking about last summers offers they were plastered all over the press, pretty much every paper reported it. I think Everton were even running a story on their club site about rejecting the offers.

If you are talking about the 'apparent' offer now, a few papers have hold of story, it's even up on the Beeb now...I'm highly skeptical on whether we've bid for him.

selassie
21-07-2011, 12:42 PM

He signed a new 4 Year contract last summer after they rejected our offers, he won't be coming here, neither will Cahill, they are too pricey for Arsenal.

Coney
21-07-2011, 12:48 PM
I like the way you rationalise this and while I'd like to believe that there was pressure from above to spend, but well, quotes=0.

Kroenke spoke to the Sun about his bafflement? This <= Doubt.

No - I don't think he spoke to the Sun - likely they have some other leak (or maybe they tapped his mobile?? ;) )

I base it on the way Gazidis and Wenger have been speaking since right after the last match of the season where what is being said is different from before. Wenger said almost in so many words that the plan had failed and that they needed to change direction. Gazidis said practically the same at the AST meeting, making it perfectly clear that they needed to buy players and that they had to change direction. The Kroenke part is my feeling that he is the kind of investor who wants to make the club succeed financially in its own rite - same as he has done in the US with his investments there, He is different from the sugar daddies that the other clubs have where they are throwing in silly money seemingly for an ego trip. Kroenke makes things work 'properly'. Given that is the case, he would want us to get merchandising money. The trip to the far east, something Wenger used to oppose, makes it clear there is a change. And the reason for doing the far east trip can only be for revenue raising. The logical backup for that marketing means that we need to have trophies to wave around.

All those things are the reason I expect to see some good transfer work before the window has closed. It is also the reason why I think that if Wenger does not start to produce silverware, Kroenke will look at the issue again and make changes.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Cahill isn't coming dude, he never was.

Yeah i know, id prefer him over Jags though.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-07-2011, 01:31 PM
He signed a new 4 Year contract last summer after they rejected our offers, he won't be coming here, neither will Cahill, they are too pricey for Arsenal.

Never said he was coming here and would not want him too for more then 12 Million tbh. But everton want more. Anyway HAs cesc not got 4 years left on his contract still he looks like hs is going same with modric. Contracts means nout these days.

selassie
21-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Never said he was coming here and would not want him too for more then 12 Million tbh. But everton want more. Anyway HAs cesc not got 4 years left on his contract still he looks like hs is going same with modric. Contracts means nout these days.

Who cares how much we pay for a Defender? We need one who is better than what we have, and one who can organise and improve our Defence. If it costs 25 Million then so be it? It's not like the money is coming out of our pocket.

Yeah Cesc still has a long contract but the point I was making was he (Jagielka) had something like 2 years left on his contract last summer when they rejected our bids and he's since extended his contract.

I see where you're coming from though...Contract means nothing in the sense of a player can move...but long contracts put the selling Club in a strong position to dictate whatever price they want for the player.

Daniele
21-07-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm getting fed up with this transfer window. I mean, we should have changed what? 6 players? and only gervinho and another hopeful jenkinson have come.

Then we bid £10m for jagielka knowing that they want far more? do we really want him? then offer 15-16 I don't know how much, but mean business FFS!

I'd also like to know what we are going to do if RVP gets injuried as usual. Play Chamakh in his place? Who's playing at LB? Mr. Crock, Gibbs?

We are in for 7th place as things stand.

Daniele
21-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Eboue and almunia are still in our paybook....

Darth Vela
21-07-2011, 02:58 PM

If there's ANY truth in that, we're completely screwed.

The board, i.e. the people in charge of the money and negotiations are saying that they need to spend more money on transfer, if they can't do that then Wenger really is this tyrannical overlord that some make him out to be and in that case should be removed on principle as much as anything. However, I'm pretty sure it's just cobbled together bullshit to play along with gooners current fears and get a few hits on the site and sell a few papers, so we should be ok.

LDG
21-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Eboue and almunia are still in our paybook....

So is Diaby lol.

Daniele
21-07-2011, 03:24 PM
So is Diaby lol.

and Chamakh.

and Bendtner.

and Arshavin.

Cripps_orig
21-07-2011, 03:26 PM
And Wenger

Daniele
21-07-2011, 03:28 PM
And Squillaci.

Cripps_orig
21-07-2011, 03:29 PM
And Kozza

Daniele
21-07-2011, 03:34 PM
So far we have just managed to sell - or better to loan - Denilson. :-(

LDG
21-07-2011, 03:41 PM
And Pat Rice

Japan Shaking All Over
21-07-2011, 03:46 PM
and Gunnersaures

Boss
21-07-2011, 03:52 PM
12.19: Charles N’Zogbia is reportedly ready to go on strike to seal his move to Villa, but Wigan chairman Dave Whelan is standing firm on his £10 million valuation. “Aston Villa are still offering £9 million and I want £10 million,” he told Goal.com. “They offered nine, and I said 'No thanks, you will have to make it 10 and then you can talk to him'. Other clubs are interested so there is no way I will be going down to £9 million.”

10M for a proven PL player... wouldn't be too bad a buy as he'd give us some pace and can play in defense.

Also Werden have just signed a Greek defender on loan, rumours in Germany are that they'll allow Mertesacker to leave for 6M euros.

Darth Vela
21-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Yeah, 10m is a decent price for him, I guess none of the bigger teams are willing to take a punt on a guy with motivational issues, he could be a very good buy though.

Marc Overmars
21-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Other clubs must think we're right cunts to do business with.

10m was probably laughed out of the place.

Jag isn't all that but surely we must understand he's worth a lot more to Everton.

Master Splinter
21-07-2011, 04:17 PM
The BBC have been responsible for as much bullshit as The Sun/Star/Mail/etc. this summer silly season.

That McNumpty bloke who appears to be the source for most of the crap, is a mong (his blogs are further proof of this), and led the 100% false stories about a £20m bid for Nasri from United and the Sneijder to United hullabaloo.

Because a transfer story emanates from the BBC, people assume it to be accurate, but they are now as creditable as any cheap tabloid paper or website.

Özim
21-07-2011, 04:21 PM
I see Wenger has finally seen the light finally. It's gonna be a summer of change for sure!

I heard we might do 6 yard triangular passing rather than 5 yard triangular passing next season......can barely hold back my excitement!

Japan Shaking All Over
21-07-2011, 04:41 PM
I see Wenger has finally seen the light finally. It's gonna be a summer of change for sure!

I heard we might do 6 yard triangular passing rather than 5 yard triangular passing next season......can barely hold back my excitement!

and that could only be started after Denilson was finally bumped out........his passes would never make it 6 yards and definitely the idea of a triangle pass was beyond him.......hope Sao Paulo dont do a River Plate otherwise we will be back to 5 yards passes before we know it

selassie
21-07-2011, 06:16 PM
The BBC have been responsible for as much bullshit as The Sun/Star/Mail/etc. this summer silly season.

That McNumpty bloke who appears to be the source for most of the crap, is a mong (his blogs are further proof of this), and led the 100% false stories about a £20m bid for Nasri from United and the Sneijder to United hullabaloo.

Because a transfer story emanates from the BBC, people assume it to be accurate, but they are now as creditable as any cheap tabloid paper or website.

:good:

Yep

Master Splinter
21-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Spanish and European champions Barcelona have agreed a deal to sign Alexis Sanchez from Udinese, subject to the winger passing a medical on Monday.

Barcelona had been chasing Sanchez all summer and following a meeting of officials from both clubs, plus the player's agent Fernando Felicevich, in Spain on Wednesday they finally got their man.

The Chile international will sign a five-year contract, with Udinese receiving a fee of €26 million upfront and a further €11m in performance related and add-ons.

Sanchez signed for Serie A side Udinese in 2006 from Chilean outfit Cobreloa, but was then loaned out to Colo Colo and River Plate before being recalled in the summer of 2008.

The 22-year-old went on to play over 100 games for Udinese and last season he scored 12 goals in 27 appearances to help the Italian club qualify for the Champions League.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/936226/barcelona-agree-alexis-sanchez-transfer?cc=5739

Barca's number one target acquired.

Cripps_orig
21-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Expect something similar for when they get Cesc.

It'll be something like £5m up front and more depending on other shit and we'll accept it cos Wengers a fool

-Xs-
21-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Other clubs must think we're right cunts to do business with.

10m was probably laughed out of the place.

Jag isn't all that but surely we must understand he's worth a lot more to Everton.

One could say they almost swerved off the road...

Cripps_orig
21-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Pedro has become the latest Barcelona player to suggest that Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas should sign for Barcelona, claiming Barca's players are "looking forward to see if he joins the club".Full story: Footy BunkerArsenal will have to pay around £18m if they want to bolster their defence by signing Everton centre-back Phil Jagielka.Full story: MetroAlex Oxlade-Chamberlain is furious after being fined two weeks wages for outspoken comments confirming his desire to leave Southampton.Full story: Daily MailArsenal captain Cesc Fabregas is expected to get his wish of being left out of the party that departs for a training camp in Germany as he looks to force a move to Barcelona.Full story: Daily MailPedro should stfuJagielka and Oxface aren't what we needAnother example of why Cesc is a cunt

Japan Shaking All Over
22-07-2011, 05:18 AM
Another example of why Cesc is a cunt

:blink:

selassie
22-07-2011, 08:56 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2017422/Arsenal-target-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-fined-Southampton.html

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is furious after being fined two weeks wages for outspoken comments confirming his desire to leave Southampton.

Arsenal will improve their £10million bid for the player - a £5m down payment with the rest in add-ons - by next week.

Meh

Darth Vela
22-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Pedro should stfuJagielka and Oxface aren't what we needAnother example of why Cesc is a cunt

:lol: A strong experienced CB with proven organisational skills and the ability to play in midfield? You're right, no-one wants that kind of player here.

Cripps_orig
22-07-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm sure the fact he's shit tops everything you just said. Also being able to play in midfield could be seen as a negative as Wenger will no doubt play him there and keep the flop Kozza in the team.We're fucked

Darth Vela
22-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Fair enough, I think you're in a pretty tiny minority there though, even if he were average he'd be worth buying.

AKBapologist
22-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Distin carried evertons defence last season tbh. :coffee:

selassie
22-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Distin carried evertons defence last season tbh. :coffee:

Jags was crocked for quite of bit of last season, apparently he was pretty decent when he recovered from Injury & returned to the team.

I've done a bit of digging on Everton forums and the general feeling is that Distin was great 1st half of last season but pretty average 2nd half, apparently Jags was covering up all his mistakes.

I quite like Jags as a player, I'd quite like him here, though Cahill remains my first choice.

I don't think either of them will come, I think they are too pricey for Arsene...I mean Arsenal.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Oxfam kid coming would mean he would become our newest project on the wing and Walcott moving to the centre. . . .perhaps! ?

Yay

fakeyank
22-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Oxfam kid coming would mean he would become our newest project on the wing and Walcott moving to the centre. . . .perhaps! ?

Yay

Oh no, a slow headless chicken (Chakma) being replaced by a fast headless chicken (Wally).. great! :good:

Kaiser
22-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Eboue ain't on the flight to Cologne. On Twitter, NorthBankLower says a move to Galatasary is likely, while DarrenArsenal1 says Roma are also interested. So soon after Letters' thread, this happens.

Master Splinter
22-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Eboue :(

Roma (and Juventus) have apparently been after all our full-backs for the last seven season though.

I hope we get Trabelsi to replace him tbh.

Boss
22-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Will be good to see that clown leave the club.

With him and Denilson fucking off we're slowly getting a bit of class back.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Will be good to see that clown leave the club.

With him and Denilson fucking off we're slowly getting a bit of class back.

we're slowly getting a bit of class back

am hoping to see us bring some class in at the sametime as getting it back

Fist of Lehmann
22-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Signing Jenkinson has killed Eboue.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas does not think he needs to sign a new striker, despite reports he has bid for Romelu Lukaku.
Sky sources understand last season's Premier League runners-up have made an offer for the £20million-rated Anderlecht 18-year-old, who scored 16 league goals last season.
Lukaku has been described as the new Didier Drogba, (http://topics.skysports.com/Didier+Drogba/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Villas-Boas has admitted his admiration of the teenage sensation.
But the Chelsea (http://topics.skysports.com/chelsea/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif boss also has the options of Drogba, Fernando Torres, (http://topics.skysports.com/Fernando+Torres/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif Nicolas Anelka, (http://topics.skysports.com/Nicolas+Anelka/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif Salomon Kalou (http://topics.skysports.com/Salomon+Kalou/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Daniel Sturridge (http://topics.skysports.com/Daniel+Sturridge/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif to mean he may not necessarily make a move.
Availability"Lukaku had a magnificent season in Belgium," said Villas-Boas.

"We are pondering every decision because we don't want to go into the market and make mistakes.
"We have plenty of availability in terms of forwards who can play in different positions - with Anelka, with Kalou, Didier, Torres and Sturridge.
"This is the reality at the moment of our squad. We need to find the correct balance and this is why pre-season is important.
"On that decision, to bring in another forward, at the moment I don't think we will."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_7055042,00.html

Bit silly to bid for him if you don't wan't him

Japan Shaking All Over
22-07-2011, 04:25 PM
please Mr VD can we have a go, if you dont want to?

take him in a 'flash the cash'

dazthegooner
22-07-2011, 04:26 PM
What will probably happen is we'll agree a fee get into advanced talks then Chelski will do the same thing as they did with Wright-Phillips <_<

Master Splinter
22-07-2011, 04:28 PM

:haha:

But Eboue is actually injured. I don't think he's leaving.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-07-2011, 04:28 PM
What will probably happen is we'll agree a fee get into advanced talks then Chelski will do the same thing as they did with Wright-Phillips <_<

and looked what they ended up with! dross!

Master Splinter
22-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Thank feck we didn't sign Shite-Philips.

As his name suggests, he is utter shite.

dazthegooner
and looked what they ended up with! dross!

The took al the life out of him they did the same with Scott Parker took him a few years to recover.

Fist of Lehmann
please Mr VD can we have a go, if you dont want to?

take him in a 'flash the cash'

Mr VD? Are you talking to your herpes now?

Damn Wenger has a lot to answer for.

dazthegooner
22-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Mr VD? Are you talking to your herpes now?

Damn Wenger has a lot to answer for.

Master Splinter
22-07-2011, 04:32 PM
The took al the life out of him they did the same with Scott Parker took him a few years to recover.

So when Shite-Philips is 30, Ach will be clamouring for us to sign him?

dazthegooner
22-07-2011, 04:34 PM
So when Shite-Philips is 30, Ach will be clamouring for us to sign him?

:good:

Boss
22-07-2011, 04:37 PM

Wenger :bow: :bow: :bow:

alexander
22-07-2011, 04:39 PM
I just read on Arsenal.com that Diaby is out again, and out for August and misses the start of the season. I know you have probably covered this point already, but we are now going to be stuck with this steaming pile of horse shit for another season. How bloody annoying.

Marc Overmars
22-07-2011, 04:40 PM
I just read on Arsenal.com that Diaby is out again, and out for August and misses the start of the season. I know you have probably covered this point already, but we are now going to be stuck with this steaming pile of horse shit for another season. How bloody annoying.

Oh what a surprise. Please Wenger, get rid of this useless oaf.

Boss
22-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Means he won't be at the Emirates Cup :woohoo:

Now someone injure Squillaci and Almunia...

dazthegooner
22-07-2011, 04:41 PM

How did he injure himself? probably tying up his shoe's :rolleyes:

dazthegooner
22-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Means he won't be at the Emirates Cup :woohoo:

Now someone kill Squillaci and Almunia...

Harsh but fare!

Cripps_orig
22-07-2011, 04:45 PM
SWP is abit shit now though

If he becomes quality as Parker has then im all for it

Im not one of the wenger kissass people on here who think we shouldnt go after 30 years old

Boss
22-07-2011, 05:48 PM
'arry spouting shite about how a 35M bid for Modric would be laughable as he's worth much more. On the same day Sanchez (who score 3x the goals Modric did last year) goes for a fee of 23M rising to 33M... :lol:

cricketsi
22-07-2011, 07:05 PM
'arry spouting shite about how a 35M bid for Modric would be laughable as he's worth much more. On the same day Sanchez (who score 3x the goals Modric did last year) goes for a fee of 23M rising to 33M... :lol:

In the past 3 seasons Modric has a whopping 12 goals and 16 assists for the Spuds.
Fabregas has a paltry 31 goals and 43 assists for us.

And Modric is fucking ugly.

Master Splinter
22-07-2011, 07:25 PM
If anyone needed further proof of how much of a rag the BBC website/ceefax is now:

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has not been included on the club's training tour of Germany as speculation about his future continues to grow.

Fabregas, 24, has been linked with a move to Barcelona, who bid £27m for the Spain international midfielder in June.

Arsenal say Fabregas has been left behind because of the hamstring problem that also saw him miss the Asia tour.

Striker Nicklas Bendtner and goalkeeper Manuel Almunia were also absent amid reports of impending moves.

However, new signing Gervinho did make the trip as did contract rebel Samir Nasri.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14257162.stm

He's been injured, like all the other non-Bendtner/Almunia players, but the BBC make it a headline story. We all know he wants to go, but that doesn't require every situation to be wrung into another cheap story. Sky are probably more respectable now.

fakeyank
22-07-2011, 07:37 PM
If anyone needed further proof of how much of a rag the BBC website/ceefax is now:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14257162.stm

He's been injured, like all the other non-Bendtner/Almunia players, but the BBC make it a headline story. We all know he wants to go, but that doesn't require every situation to be wrung into another cheap story. Sky are probably more respectable now.

Dont hate n***a!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-07-2011, 08:15 PM
modric is one of the most overrated players ive ever seen. hardly scores, hardly sets up goals, scores 1 wonderful goal a season and thats played back 100 times over the season so everyone says hes world class. utter shit. hes small and lightweight. oh and looks like a kiddy fiddler.

Injury Time
22-07-2011, 08:19 PM
modric is one of the most overrated players ive ever seen. hardly scores, hardly sets up goals, scores 1 wonderful goal a season and thats played back 100 times over the season so everyone says hes world class. utter shit. hes small and lightweight. oh and looks like a kiddy fiddler.
Sound like he'd fit in perfectly, go Arsene Eboues tiger suit and bag of scampi fries should secure his services...

Coney
22-07-2011, 08:21 PM
In the past 3 seasons Modric has a whopping 12 goals and 16 assists for the Spuds.
Fabregas has a paltry 31 goals and 43 assists for us.

He must be a cunt (tm)

Darth Vela
22-07-2011, 08:57 PM

I don't want to defend THEM but Modric is a class act, might not score that many goals or get that many assists but he creates space with his play and knows how to control a game, important things in CMs imo.

He is really ugly though, agreed on that point.

Injury Time
22-07-2011, 09:21 PM
He's their Hleb, he assists the assister. Also doubles as Nasris lesbian lover.
Ah right, now I see.

Darth Vela
22-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Glad I could help clarify.

Poor Samir, no wonder he wants to leave London.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-07-2011, 09:49 PM
I don't want to defend THEM but Modric is a class act, might not score that many goals or get that many assists but he creates space with his play and knows how to control a game, important things in CMs imo.

He is really ugly though, agreed on that point.

hes an overrated piece of shite. made to stand out in a shit team. opens up a bit of space and thats it. cant tackle, has no strength, no real pace. he's just different to all the other shit players they have so gets all the attention for being 'technically gifted'.

AKBapologist
23-07-2011, 08:49 AM
http://football-talk.co.uk/31865/avb-lukaku-will-not-be-joining-chelsea/

Chelsea boss Andrea Villa-Boas has confirmed the club are unlikely to move for Belgian wonderkid Romelu Lukaku.

The Anderlecht teenager was linked with a £20million move to*the Premier League*this summer with both Arsenal and Chelsea interested, but the new Blues boss has confirmed the club already have enough firepower.

However, the former Porto man spoke admirable about the 18-year old but believes a move for the Belgian could effect the balance within the squad.

"Lukaku had a magnificent season in Belgium," he said.

"We are pondering every decision because we don't want to go into the market and make mistakes.

"We have plenty of availability in terms of forwards who can play in different positions - with (Nicolas) Anelka, with (Salomon) Kalou, Didier, Torres and (Daniel) Sturridge.

"This is the reality at the moment of our squad. We need to find the correct balance and this is why pre-season is important.

"On that decision, to bring in another forward, at the moment I don't think we will."
:popcorn:

milla
23-07-2011, 09:03 AM
SAMIR NASRI is happy to sit out his Arsenal contract and quit for nothing next summer.

The French midfielder has told Gunners team-mates he definitely will NOT sign a new deal at the club.

He will snub the £115,000-a-week contract being offered by Arsenal in the hope of forcing a £20million move to Manchester City.

Nasri, who travelled to Germany yesterday for a friendly against Cologne this afternoon, has told club pals he would still be happy to stay at the Emirates for the final year of his contract.

Asked last night whether Nasri's future at Arsenal is sorted, boss Arsene Wenger said: "Not completely but I want him to stay. He knows that.

"Hopefully we can sort that out in the coming weeks."

During Arsenal's recent tour of the Far East, Wenger said he was hopeful both Nasri and Cesc Fabregas would stay.

Nasri was then offered the massive £115,000-a-week deal but has been quick to turn it down.

If the Frenchman sits tight and sees out his current contract, then Fabregas is likely to finally move to Barcelona.

However, if Nasri's ultimatum to Arsenal forces through the move to City, Fabregas may have to spend another year at the Emirates.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3710387/Samir-Nasri-threatens-to-leave-Arsenal-on-a-free.html#ixzz1SuwTcX00

Another shit from The Sun.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3710387/Samir-Nasri-threatens-to-leave-Arsenal-on-a-free.html

KSE Comedy Club
23-07-2011, 09:40 AM
http://www.insidefutbol.com/2011/07/22/arsenals-santi-cazorla-interest-threatens-to-scupper-juventus-giuseppe-rossi-swoop/45735/

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2011/07/23/malaga-bid-to-see-off-arsenal-and-liverpool-interest-in-santi-cazorla/45823/

I cant copy any text for some reason.

Ironing
23-07-2011, 10:16 AM
who the fuck

Master Splinter
23-07-2011, 12:42 PM
No-one posted this yet?

Wenger - We have to find one more defender

By Giuseppe Muro

Arsène Wenger has revealed he will "certainly" find a new addition to his backline - but won’t be drawn on any individuals.

Everton defender Phil Jagielka is the latest name suggested by the media with Bolton’s Gary Cahill and Blackburn’s Chris Samba also linked with a move to Emirates Stadium this summer. Though he wouldn’t comment on specific players, Wenger confirmed to Arsenal.com on Friday that he is looking to add to his defensive options.

“Certainly, we will have to find one more defender,” he said. “We [are] working on it.

“I can promise we work very hard on it. In fairness, everybody looks for players. Everybody looks for the same area and you see that nobody turns up with magic. It’s all about being steady, working very hard on it and being calm as well.

“I don’t want to comment individually because I do not want to destabilise clubs. I do not want to do to other clubs what some clubs do to us so I wouldn’t like to comment individually on any player.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-have-to-find-one-more-defender

Özim
23-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Even if he does sign one defender, 2 players in one summer was never going to be enough.

We needed some big changes but we're not going to see them, very disappointing but not unexpected (I guess it is to some though who thought he'd finally realised we needed change).

Cripps_orig
23-07-2011, 01:32 PM
I have no doubt we will get a CB.

I have faith in Wenger to bring one in.

However it will be a shiteass Kozzaesque CB which wont help us at all.

AKBapologist
23-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Gervinho = the second coming of Henry? :pray:

Cripps_orig
23-07-2011, 02:06 PM
ARSENAL are eyeing Villarreal's attacking midfielder Santi Cazorla just in case they lose Cesc Fabregas.

Villarreal want £20million for the Spain interntional with Malaga willing to pay more but the Gunners are only prepared to go up to £17m.

Cazorla, 26, has 23 goals in 127 league starts for the club. He said: "I haven't spoken to anyone officially but the club has kept me informed."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3710147/Arsenal-plot-move-for-Villarreals-Santi-Cazorla.html#ixzz1SwAZZ5xs

Isnt he more of a winger?

Japan Shaking All Over
23-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Skysports.com understands that a number of Championship clubs have agreed terms with Arsenal for Jay Emmanuel-Thomas.

:wave: JET good luck and thanks
thought he might have gone to someone like QPR but.......not set the stage on fire too much

Marc Overmars
23-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Meh, always looked like an oaf to me. All the power but no serious ability.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-07-2011, 03:23 PM
would never have done anything for us.......all I remember is the FA Cup against Stoke

awright MO

Marc Overmars
23-07-2011, 03:32 PM
awright MO

Hello :unsure:

Master Splinter
23-07-2011, 03:39 PM
JSAO is channelling his inner Barrymore.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-07-2011, 03:41 PM
trying to get favours in the music comp........actually:whistle:

Boss
23-07-2011, 04:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZixaQA5CGw

Was quite impressed with that bit of play tbh, we don't have many players that can humiliate others.

Hope it's on loan.

Also good news re: a defender but if it's not from the PL then there's little point.

Özim
23-07-2011, 04:58 PM
:wave: JET good luck and thanks
thought he might have gone to someone like QPR but.......not set the stage on fire too much
Weren't there a few who had big hopes for him.

Personally thought he was sh*t, glad we got rid.

Marc Overmars
23-07-2011, 05:00 PM
http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=505

Shameless plugging but giz a vote pls.

Cripps_orig
23-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Make a thread about that thread on Arsenal Debate

Cripps_orig
24-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Samir Nasri still believes he will join Manchester City in the summer and has told friends he has no intention of signing a new Arsenal contract.Full story: Sunday ExpressArsenal are set to hijack Chelsea's move for giant Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku, nicknamed the 'new Didier Drogba'.Full story: Sunday MirrorArsenal are to rival Malaga for Villarreal winger Santi Cazorla.Full story: MetroTurkish side Galatasaray have bid £4m for Arsenal's Emmanuel Eboue.Full story: Mail on SundayNasri can fuck off. Would love Lukaku here but won't happen. Cazorla is average. Keep Eboue

milla
24-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Nasri can fuck off. Would love Lukaku here but won't happen. Cazorla is average. Keep Eboue

Sell Nasri and keep Eboue, GW gone mad. :coffee:

hobson's choice
24-07-2011, 11:52 AM
I'll keep Eboue, what is the point off selling him. You can't sell everyone, Eboue may have his fault, not as much as too many like to think. But he's versatile, and can fill in multiple positions if needed.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Keep Eboue as cover for RB.

We dont have anyone else.

Anyone says Jenkinson deserves a slap

WengerISaLizard
24-07-2011, 01:35 PM
it's depressing being an arsenal fan, don't take away our comedy relief (eboue)

Boss
24-07-2011, 02:08 PM
I'll keep Eboue, what is the point off selling him. You can't sell everyone, Eboue may have his fault, not as much as too many like to think. But he's versatile, and can fill in multiple positions if needed.

Being shit in multiple positions isn't a positive.

Eboue is only competent at RB, and barely at that.

+ he's a huge liability on the pitch.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Keep Eboue as cover for RB.

We dont have anyone else.

Anyone says Jenkinson deserves a slap

Nah eboue has to be sold tbh, he deserves to be 1st choice someehre else.

Darth Vela
24-07-2011, 04:47 PM

Also, anyone who doesn't think Jenkinson can do a job there deserves a slap.

hobson's choice
24-07-2011, 05:25 PM

Big lie he's not shit in multiple positions, starting thinking for yourself my friend, and get off the wagon. Eboue is still easily better than most Fullbacks.

Özim
24-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Big lie he's not shit in multiple positions, starting thinking for yourself my friend, and get off the wagon. Eboue is still easily better than most Fullbacks.
The guy can't defend, never thought he was a good full back as he hasn't got the discipline.

At least in midfield he's good until he get's near the area.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2011, 06:34 PM
We should be trying for a serious season this time around, the comedy seasons have got boring. So we won't need a clown and that's all Eboue is good for, being a clown. If we're that desperate we can hire someone from the circus to entertain the players and it won't cost us anything like £40K a week, or however much one of the worst players in the history of the PL currently costs us.

Boss
24-07-2011, 07:30 PM

Eboue = Clichy with less chances to show that he's garbage.

1-1 Liverpool, game against Spurs, game against Wigan... etc

Ironing
24-07-2011, 09:25 PM
We should be trying for a serious season this time around, the comedy seasons have got boring. So we won't need a clown and that's all Eboue is good for, being a clown. If we're that desperate we can hire someone from the circus to entertain the players and it won't cost us anything like £40K a week, or however much one of the worst players in the history of the PL currently costs us.

Good point about the circus clown, definitely much cheaper.

Darth Vela
24-07-2011, 09:43 PM
The guy can't defend, never thought he was a good full back as he hasn't got the discipline.

At least in midfield he's good until he get's near the area.

So he's got about, what? 20 yards of good play in him? Worth it for the tiger suit imo.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2011, 10:02 PM
:lol:Also, anyone who doesn't think Jenkinson can do a job there deserves a slap. Charltons 5th choice FB and a shocking pre season so far for usThe signs are not good

Darth Vela
24-07-2011, 10:07 PM

The hitherto unknown meaning of shocking as 'good' I assume?

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Charltons 5th choice FB and a shocking pre season so far for usThe signs are not good

He's been the best player on the pitch for us so far this pre-season. Looks like an extremely solid and no-nonsense defender, just what we needed. Wenger has got this right by the look of it. Now he needs to repeat the trick 2-3 more times and we might just have the makings of a defence.

Marc Overmars
24-07-2011, 10:22 PM
He's a GHEL.

That automatically makes him better than most of our players.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Missed the Cologne game? The whole team was shit v Greenhouse whatever so I'd say he's a bit shit

Marc Overmars
24-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Our friend Evra with his 2 cents again.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3712011/Patrice-Evra-tells-Samir-Nasri-to-join-Manchester-United.html

fakeyank
24-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Our friend Evra with his 2 cents again.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3712011/Patrice-Evra-tells-Samir-Nasri-to-join-Manchester-United.html

Gotta love this n***a

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Missed the Cologne game? The whole team was shit v Greenhouse whatever so I'd say he's a bit shit

I saw the Cologne game and he was excellent, obviously apart from one fluke. It's a complete novelty watching a player in an Arsenal shirt successfully crossing a ball. Plus a total relief to see an Arsenal defender hitting row Z with a clearance instead of tapping it up four times, trying a back-heeled nutmeg, fucking up and playing the striker clean through.

Marc Overmars
24-07-2011, 10:59 PM
I saw the Cologne game and he was excellent, obviously apart from one fluke. It's a complete novelty watching a player in an Arsenal shirt successfully crossing a ball. Plus a total relief to see an Arsenal defender hitting row Z with a clearance instead of tapping it up four times, trying a back-heeled nutmeg, fucking up and playing the striker clean through.

It's early days yet, plenty of time for him to catch Wengeritis.

Japan Shaking All Over
25-07-2011, 07:08 AM
It's early days yet, plenty of time for him to catch Wengeritis.

Is there a doctor in the house?

Marc Overmars
25-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Jose Enrique has ripped Newcastle on Twitter, criticising their transfer policy.Sign him up Vinger.

Özim
25-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Jose Enrique has ripped Newcastle on Twitter, criticising their transfer policy.Sign him up Vinger.
Yeah to be fair he's hardly going to be impressed with our transfer policy either :lol:

BOBN
25-07-2011, 07:40 PM
gervinho is better than nasri.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

:haha::haha:

You're either on Meth, or you have downs.

I suspect it's a little of both.
hey bozos :wave:

never doubt me again. ta xx

GP
25-07-2011, 07:42 PM
hey bozos :wave:

never doubt me again. ta xx

lol wut?

He's not even played a game for us yet :lol:

Marc Overmars
25-07-2011, 07:58 PM
lol wut?

He's not even played a game for us yet :lol:

I was thinking the same thing. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
25-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but Gervinho's forehead is fucking HUGE!

Master Splinter
25-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but Gervinho's forehead is fucking HUGE!

Next you'll be giving me the BREAKING NEWS that Chamakh is shit.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Valencia president Manuel Llorente insists Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester City are wasting their time in pursuing midfielder Juan Mata, who they say is not for sale at any price.Full story: MetroWigan Athletic midfielder James McCarthy is a target for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.Full story: MetroMata will come if we offer enough. Valencia need it.Who the hell is James McCarthy?

fakeyank
26-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Mata will come if we offer enough. Valencia need it.Who the hell is James McCarthy?

Based on that, we are definitely in for McCarthy! :lol: