PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

KSE Comedy Club
26-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Mata will come if we offer enough. Valencia need it.Who the hell is James McCarthy?

Wait a minute, since when were Citeh interested in him?!?

Trying to bump up the price no doubt.

KSE Comedy Club
26-07-2011, 11:16 AM
http://www.thegunninghawk.com/2011/07/26/rumour-rater-arsenal-transfer-news-2607-romelu-lukaku-and-mbaye-niang/?utm_source=ArsenalNewsTop&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=FeaturedNews

One of Europe’s most promising talents and a sixteen year old French sensation are today’s players linked with a possible move to Arsenal.

According to Mirror Football, Arsenal are ready to “hijack” Chelsea’s move for 18-year old striker Romelu Menama Lukaku. Last month, Anderlecht general manager Herman van Holsbeeck confessed that the Belgian club were in talks with Chelsea regarding a possible transfer adding that there are other clubs in the picture.

Last month, we asked our readers a first opinion on the Belgian and the results were impressive as he collected more than 1,000 positive votes, clearly showing that he would be more than welcome at the Emirates.

In other news, The Sabotage Times believes that manager Arsene Wenger has identified 16-year old M’Baye Niang as the “new Thierry Henry”. Apparently, Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool are also interested in the Caen youngster who, considering his age, would be “one for the future”.

And before moving on to today’s poll, a look at yesterday’s results in which we collected more than 1,000 votes. Similar votes for Italy’s Daniele De Rossi and Spain’s Santi Cazorla as they get more than 400 positive votes from our readers.

Lukaku would be something I suppose.

Another kiddie for the future though? We will never move forward if we only ever sign kids.

KSE Comedy Club
26-07-2011, 11:20 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2018617/Jose-Enrique-leave-Newcastle-Arsenal-Liverpool-interested.html

Newcastle hope to hear from Liverpool and Arsenal within the next 10 days after accepting that Jose Enrique needs to leave.
The St James’ Park top brass were stunned by Enrique’s outburst on Twitter, when he criticised the board’s transfer policy and suggested they lacked ambition.
They have offered to make him one of their best-paid players on £50,000 a week but he has turned it down, leaving the club determined to sell him as soon as possible — if their £10million valuation is met.

Rant: Jose Enrique (left) looks set to leave Newcastle after his Twitter outburst
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew called the incident 'a mistake'.

He said: 'Jose was wrong to put those comments up and I told him. It’s a good offer which we have given him and maybe the frustration of the situation got the better of him.'

Enrique tweeted, in Spanish: ‘The club is allowing all the major players of the team to go. Do you think it is the fault of the players? Andy (Carroll), Nobby (Kevin Nolan).
‘This club will never fight to be among the top six again with this policy. You fans are the best and you deserve the best, not what they are doing with the club.’
The Spanish left back, 25, has a year to run on his contract and has refused to discuss extending it since Carroll joined Liverpool.

KSE Comedy Club
26-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Oh and in other news,

Cazorla has agreed to join Malaga in a club record deal.

There goes another of our 'targets'

Kano
26-07-2011, 11:48 AM
you'd only be disappointed if you bought into the stories about them

Marc Overmars
26-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Aguero meeting City tomorrow reportedly.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Lukaku may be young but he's well known and pretty awesome. And for that reason Wenger won't go for him cos he's an idiot

KSE Comedy Club
26-07-2011, 12:21 PM
you'd only be disappointed if you bought into the stories about them

:shrug:

Japan Shaking All Over
26-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Lukaku may be young but he's well known and pretty awesome. And for that reason Wenger won't go for him cos he's an idiot

Id go for Lukaku on reports heard, young enough to make AW feel his young first program still holds precidence but with a record and form that he is actually worth shit

could be better than Bartolli who was another raw recruit that I thought Wenger would have been able to work with but his 'knob rating' flying off the metre at the moment that you can bin that idea

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Wenger will probably play Lukaku out on the wing

Olivier's xmas twist
26-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Id go for Lukaku on reports heard, young enough to make AW feel his young first program still holds precidence but with a record and form that he is actually worth shit

could be better than Bartolli who was another raw recruit that I thought Wenger would have been able to work with but his 'knob rating' flying off the metre at the moment that you can bin that idea

Hard to judge as they play diffrent sports, but she was Awlsome at Wimbledon

Olivier's xmas twist
26-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Aguero meeting City tomorrow reportedly.

Money Grabbing cunt tbh. Swear he said he'd only go to Chelsea in the pl a few months ago. i suppose money talks and we all now what walks.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 03:29 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/07/26/2590783/arsenal-closing-in-on-costa-ricas-joel-campbell

FFS

Daddy Campbell better pull his finger out and ruin this move asap

Japan Shaking All Over
26-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Hard to judge as they play diffrent sports, but she was Awlsome at Wimbledon

:doh: sorry.......I know there is an 'e' in there somewhere, just couldnt work out where!

BTW there is an 'e' in awesome too!:)

Özim
26-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Money Grabbing cunt tbh. Swear he said he'd only go to Chelsea in the pl a few months ago. i suppose money talks and we all now what walks.
He wants a move, Man City are willing to pay the asking price and good wages.....they won the FA Cup and are in the CL and can afford to buy the best. City have money to burn, but you can start seeing the appeal now as they're serious about winning trophies and every ambition footballer wants that.

You don't have to be a money grabber to see it'd be a good move.

Fist of Lehmann
26-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Epping Forest Guardian has been very quiet this year.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-07-2011, 04:43 PM
He wants a move, Man City are willing to pay the asking price and good wages.....they won the FA Cup and are in the CL and can afford to buy the best. City have money to burn, but you can start seeing the appeal now as they're serious about winning trophies and every ambition footballer wants that.

You don't have to be a money grabber to see it'd be a good move.

Well if you belive he rather go to City then Chelsea or Barca or madrid because they have more chance to win things then more fool you. Yep he may hace heard good things from tevez etc but he has gone there to get good wages and maybe if he is lucky win a few things along the way.

He'll be in madid in a couple os seasons complaining its too cold over here anyways. City are hardly a step up from Athletico tbh its only the fact they are in the cl and can pay top doller they seem attractive. He would never have gone there had they been in the europa league

Özim
26-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Well if you belive he rather go to City then Chelsea or Barca or madrid because they have more chance to win things then more fool you. Yep he may hace heard good things from tevez etc but he has gone there to get good wages and maybe if he is lucky win a few things along the way.

He'll be in madid in a couple os seasons complaining its too cold over here anyways. City are hardly a step up from Athletico tbh its only the fact they are in the cl and can pay top doller they seem attractive. He would never have gone there had they been in the europa league
I don't think either Chelsea or Madrid have matched the asking price so he doesn't have the choice.

Yes you're right he wouldn't play for a team who is in the Europa league, but they're not they're in the CL and seem be serious about winning trophies.

GP
26-07-2011, 06:47 PM

:gp:

fakeyank
26-07-2011, 08:10 PM
The waiting period is coming to an end.. cant wait! :dance:

Cripps_orig
26-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Arsenal are monitoring Anderlecht midfielder Lucas Biglia's availability and could submit a bid for the Argentine before the end of the month.Full story: MetroWould not be surprised if this is true. We prob sent scouts over to watch Anderlecht and everyone thinking its to watch Lukaku hence the Lukaku rumours but in reality we are after his cheap ass unknown team mate.

Niall_Quinn
26-07-2011, 11:47 PM
That would be so fucking awesome if we could land Biglia, but it would never happen.

fakeyank
26-07-2011, 11:57 PM
That would be so fucking awesome if we could land Biglia, but it would never happen.

Oh lord please make this happen! :pray:

Biglia is going to be an awesome player for Arsenal...

in 2018

The Verminator
27-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Epping Forest Guardian has been very quiet this year.

God, I miss those guys! :crying:

dazthegooner
27-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Just seen an interview with Denilson on skysports he says Fabregas will stay and he'll be back at Arsenal next year.

hymppi
27-07-2011, 07:34 AM
FIFA doing what they do best: (the screenshot behind the link)

http://goonerholic.com/?p=3840
Groundhog Day. FIFA Do Barca’s Tapping Up For Them
Jul 26th, 2011 by 'holic
Not for the first time, the scum at FIFA are assisting Barca with their tapping up of our captain.

Do we really have to accept this from the corrupt bastards supposedly running our beautiful game?

Two summers running. Enforce the rules or scrap them .

FIFA and Barca, we are heartily sick of you.

fakeyank
27-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Just seen an interview with Denilson on skysports he says Fabregas will stay and he'll be back at Arsenal next year.

Here is the link:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7063454,00.html

He plans on being back at Emirates next season... hope its as a spectator! Oh wait, he has been a spectator for the 150 odd games he has played for us :lol:

fakeyank
27-07-2011, 07:43 AM
FIFA doing what they do best: (the screenshot behind the link)

http://goonerholic.com/?p=3840
Groundhog Day. FIFA Do Barca’s Tapping Up For Them
Jul 26th, 2011 by 'holic
Not for the first time, the scum at FIFA are assisting Barca with their tapping up of our captain.

Do we really have to accept this from the corrupt bastards supposedly running our beautiful game?

Two summers running. Enforce the rules or scrap them .

FIFA and Barca, we are heartily sick of you.

Fifa :doh:

As if being one of the most noticeable corrupt bodies in sport was not enough, they just had to ruin whatever little (if any) reputation was left

Japan Shaking All Over
27-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Here is the link:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7063454,00.html

He plans on being back at Emirates next season... hope its as a spectator! Oh wait, he has been a spectator for the 150 odd games he has played for us :lol:

Yeah I heard Sao Paulo are being invited over next year for The Emirates Cup too!

Olivier's xmas twist
27-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Porto have rejected a staggering €80million (£70.6m) bid for Brazilian striking ace Hulk from an undisclosed club, according to his agent.
Several European giants are thought to be in the market for the 24-year-old this summer, with Manchester City, (http://topics.skysports.com/Manchester+City/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif Chelsea (http://topics.skysports.com/chelsea/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and AC Milan (http://topics.skysports.com/AC+Milan/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif among the names to be linked with the hitman.
However Hulk, who signed a five-year extension on his deal with treble-winning Porto in May, has a €100million (£89.5m) release clause in his contract.
The player has continually stressed his intention to remain at the Estadio do Dragao and his agent, Teodoro Fonseca, claims Porto snubbed the €80m offer without leaving room for any negotiation.
"I would be lying if I said no proposals have emerged to sign Hulk," Fonseca told Portuguese newspaper Record.
"I think the highest bid was 80 million, but Porto did not even want to negotiate."
OfferFonseca refused to be drawn on which club had tried to lure Hulk away from Porto.
He added: "I cannot reveal that. But it is not hard to see because there are only three or four clubs who are able to present those kind of numbers for a player."
The appointment of former Porto boss Andre Villas-Boas as manager at Chelsea has fuelled speculation that Hulk is poised for a move to Stamford Bridge.
Big-spending Manchester City are also looking to bolster their frontline due to the expected departure of frontman Carlos Tevez, but are close to wrapping up a deal for Atletico Madrid (http://topics.skysports.com/Atletico+Madrid/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif striker Sergio Aguero.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_7064050,00.html

LMAO The hulk is good but not that good

Japan Shaking All Over
27-07-2011, 04:28 PM
not enough experience........bit too green hahaha!.......sorry

LDG
27-07-2011, 04:41 PM

Fuck off and think about what you've just done :sulk:

Master Splinter
27-07-2011, 04:47 PM

Letters/Coney disease is spreading.

Elreactor
27-07-2011, 04:55 PM

He was good at Independiente some 4-5 years ago, but nothing really special. I have no idea how he´d do at Arsenal if he joined. :unsure:

Better than Denilson of course, but that´s hardly a virtue.

Niall_Quinn
27-07-2011, 05:09 PM
He was good at Independiente some 4-5 years ago, but nothing really special. I have no idea how he´d do at Arsenal if he joined. :unsure:

Better than Denilson of course, but that´s hardly a virtue.

It's not just the impact he'd have on the pitch, if Cesc saw we were signing huge names like Biglia then it might encourage him to stay. Plus it would bring the fans back over to Wenger, after all who could legitimately complain if Biglia was pulling on an Arsenal shirt every week? He's the answer to all our problems but, like I said, no way is it happening.

Master Splinter
27-07-2011, 06:00 PM
:haha:

Master Splinter
27-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Bolton Wanderers confirm the signing of free agent Nigel Reo-Coker on a two-year deal.

Nigel Mediocre :bow:

I'm sure Rors is devastated.

fakeyank
27-07-2011, 06:49 PM
It's not just the impact he'd have on the pitch, if Cesc saw we were signing huge names like Biglia then it might encourage him to stay. Plus it would bring the fans back over to Wenger, after all who could legitimately complain if Biglia was pulling on an Arsenal shirt every week? He's the answer to all our problems but, like I said, no way is it happening.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Speculation: Spanish reports claim Arsenal and Spurs are both in talks over Valencia's Juan Mata, who would prefer a move to the Emirates.

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html

Elreactor
27-07-2011, 09:23 PM
That´s BS. He´s already said he wants to stay with the Ches. And even if he wanted Arsenal, Wenger wouldn´t think he´s worth what he´s worth.

Özim
27-07-2011, 10:06 PM
That´s BS. He´s already said he wants to stay with the Ches. And even if he wanted Arsenal, Wenger wouldn´t think he´s worth what he´s worth.
Pretty much, signings like this aren't happening we won't spend that kind of money.

Who knows if we'll sign anyone else.

Niall_Quinn
27-07-2011, 10:17 PM
I have a feeling we might land Samba, the worst of the three CBs we have supposedly been chasing even though we haven't made any serious bids. A couple of weeks back I'd have said it was a certainty we'd get a CB but as we get closer to the end of the window it's starting to look like a 50/ 50 bet at best.

Cripps_orig
27-07-2011, 11:08 PM
The family and representatives of Arsenal target Juan Mata are in London to discuss the midfielder's £15m move from Valencia that could open the door for fellow Spain international Cesc Fabregas to be finally be sold to Barcelona.Full story: Daily MirrorMeanwhile, Arsenal are to be offered Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema for £25m as the Spanish club prepare a move for Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez.Full story: caughtoffside.comArsenal manager Arsene Wenger is to approach Lille for their 20-year-old Belgian attacking midfielder Eden Hazard.Full story: footie-online.co.ukIf all of that came true and add a CB to that then maybe just maybe we have a chance of a decent season.Won't happen though

Elreactor
27-07-2011, 11:20 PM
If all of that came true and add a CB to that then maybe just maybe we have a chance of a decent season.Won't happen though

That´s a battery of fantasy signings, each name left me more and more breathless. Now it´d be more balanced, to say so, if Nasri left after Mata´s arrival. Also Hazard and Benzema? If Arsenal are "offered" Benzema for 25M, it´s impossible. Mata for only 15M... someone else would stand on the way in the last minute I fear....

It´s nice to dream though, but it gets boring :yawn:

But hey, I saw Boca today playing against Espanyol, and saw a certain player called Thievy. He´s the kind of man Wenger must be looking at, forget about Mata.

Niall_Quinn
28-07-2011, 12:13 AM
When we sign the kids from Barca, during the medical do we test for how much Barca DNA they have? If not, we should.

Cesc and Nasri out, Benzema, Mata plus a CB and a LB in? That'd do for me and I think it might well happen, apart from the Benzema, Mata, CB and LB bits.

LDG
28-07-2011, 05:19 AM
I'll come in my pants if we got even one out of three of those. However. The priority is defence. We need to land a proper CB and get rid of squilacci. I can see mata joining as replacement for cesc however. If we sell cesc for 35 mil, and mata is 15 mil, then our net spend, forgetting the small fry, is minus ten mil, if gervinho is 10 mil. If we have a kitty at all, then we should really be spending some of that on a defence. However, some of that goes towards paying nasri to lesbian around the pitch for a year, before he lesbians off on a free lesbo next summer.

hymppi
28-07-2011, 06:21 AM
wiki says mata has agreed a five year contract with arsenal, will be wearing no.9 jersey.
oh dear.
1) it'll never happen
2) no.9 jersey is cursed, he'd contaminate the whole squad with ebola.

fakeyank
28-07-2011, 07:47 AM
wiki says mata has agreed a five year contract with arsenal, will be wearing no.9 jersey.
oh dear.
1) it'll never happen

Dont see it on wiki.. just says current club as Arsenal but didnt read anything about no.9 jersey

LDG
28-07-2011, 08:08 AM
ArsenalHe will be joining arsenal July 30th 2011, in an interview with Marca he said "I am very happy to be joining a club like arsenal tha plays good football and I have heard a lot of good things about this club from my friend Fabregas.

Yeah, it's confirmed on Wiki.

Fucking megaBloldozer.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-07-2011, 08:14 AM
oh dear.
1) it'll never happen

The guy in reason 2) already plays for us. :unsure:

server too busy!
28-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Who the fuck is Bigilia.

Also this Mata thing is bollocks, give it another couple hours and Matas father will be rejecting the rumour.

KSE Comedy Club
28-07-2011, 08:59 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2019539/Cesc-Fabregas-set-exit-Arsenal-agree-fee-Juan-Mata.html

Arsenal are closing in on the £17.5million signing of Juan Mata from Valencia, a transfer which should clear the way for Cesc Fabregas to complete his move to Barcelona.

Fabregas is not training with the Arsenal first team and manager Arsene Wenger has no plans to include him in his squad for the Emirates Cup this weekend.

Mata of time: Arsenal have agreed a fee with Valencia for Juan Mata
Sulky: Cesc Fabregas is set to get his wish of a move to Barca
Wenger has not been impressed with his captain's sulky manner since returning from a summer break and the Spaniard appears set to get his way, with the Gunners expected to accept a package worth close to £40m.

The deal will enable the signing of Mata, 23, whose release clause has been matched by Arsenal.

The north London club do not expect any problems to arise with the midfielder, who is keen to join them, and Wenger's next priority will be to strengthen in central defence.

Arsenal are leading the interest in Bolton's Gary Cahill and they have also had a bid rejected for Everton's Phil Jagielka, while Blackburn's Chris Samba has been linked with the club.

The Congo defender made it clear on Wednesday he would like to move to the Emirates, despite signing a five-year contract last season.

He said: 'I'd like to play in the Champions League. Which player doesn't dream of that? It would be a lie if I told you everything is good and I don't want to play in the Champions League.'

milla
28-07-2011, 09:32 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2019539/Cesc-Fabregas-set-exit-Arsenal-agree-fee-Juan-Mata.html

The jurno must have mistaken us with Chelsea, the french cheese will never pay £17.5mil for one player. :coffee:

selassie
28-07-2011, 09:34 AM
I'd be extremely happy if we signed Mata and one of Jagielka or Cahill, it would represent a very good summer for us in the market considering we've already purchased Gervinho.

I'm not getting my hopes up just yet though....

Olivier's xmas twist
28-07-2011, 10:17 AM
I'd be extremely happy if we signed Mata and one of Jagielka or Cahill, it would represent a very good summer for us in the market considering we've already purchased Gervinho.

Same here tbh, looks like we could get samba even if he id being dismissive on the ssn website

server too busy!
28-07-2011, 10:27 AM
We haven't even bid for Cahill yet, I suspect we don't want him. Especially as we dropped a sly one on Jagielka.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-07-2011, 11:02 AM
We haven't even bid for Cahill yet, I suspect we don't want him. Especially as we dropped a sly one on Jagielka.

Nah reckon were we laying in wait to see if chelsea or city nab him tbh

LDG
28-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Think there's some truth in this mata thing. It's been going around for too long, and I'm pretty convinced Cesc is gone before too long.

My bets are on something happening tomorrow before the wolves decend on the emirates for the weekend fixtures.

Would be a nice touch if Fab came onto the pitch and said a fairwell. Much as he's leaving to join the cunts in ththththpain, you can't deny he hasn't had some form of connection with the fans, and is not hated as I think NasLesbian will be.

Cripps_orig
28-07-2011, 12:15 PM
CHRIS SAMBA has stunned Blackburn by pleading: Let me join Arsenal.

The Rovers skipper said: "I want to play Champions League football. Which player doesn't dream of that?"

The giant French defender, 27, signed a new five-year deal at Ewood Park only a few months ago.

But he insisted: "A player who has no ambition to play at a higher level has made a mistake and chosen the wrong sport.

"I don't know what is happening with Arsenal because I am not dealing with it and it's not my problem.

"At the minute I am still at Blackburn but it would be a big lie if I told you 'everything is good and I don't want to play in the Champions League'.

"I don't know what the board and the manager at Blackburn are planning or what provisions they have made for signing new players.

"It is difficult for me at the moment because I'm just waiting to see what happens and concentrating on my preparation for the new season."

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been weighing up a £12million bid for Samba for months but has so far failed to make a firm offer.

Wenger could be lining up a defensive double whammy by also landing Everton's Phil Jagielka before the big kick-off on August 13.

The Frenchman had a £10m bid for the England star, 28, rejected earlier this month.

But Wenger is refusing to give up on his long-term transfer target.

And he is ready to test the Toffees' resolve with an improved £15m offer for their top defender.

Wenger sees Samba and Jagielka as the perfect solution to his central defensive problem which has hindered the Gunners' title challenge in the last few seasons.

The Arsenal chief tried to sign the Goodison man last summer but his £12m bid was rebuffed by the Merseysiders.

<a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=d9535eee0c" >Football Confidential Live - Thursday July 28</a>

Jagielka has remained on the Frenchman's radar since then.

But, bizarrely, Wenger offered even less dough for him this year.

That offer was laughed out of court by Everton's hierarchy, who value their defender much higher.

But the cash-strapped Toffees need money to strengthen their ailing squad.

Goodison boss David Moyes does not want to lose his inspirational star, who joined from Sheffield United for £4m in July 2007.

But he knows he could fund two new signings with the transfer cash received from Arsenal.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3718850/Blackburn-ace-Chris-Samba-pleads-for-switch-to-Arsenal.html#ixzz1TOx2aSlT

Get them 2, move Vermaelen to LB.

Get Mata and Benzema and the title is ours tbh.

Could do with a keeper but Chesney as shit as he was last season did show enough to suggest there is some talent there so maybe we can get away with him in goal

server too busy!
28-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Nah reckon were we laying in wait to see if chelsea or city nab him tbh
What would be the point in that, we'd never be able to match their funds.

KSE Comedy Club
28-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Get them 2, move Vermaelen to LB.

Get Mata and Benzema and the title is ours tbh.

Could do with a keeper but Chesney as shit as he was last season did show enough to suggest there is some talent there so maybe we can get away with him in goal

He's 'angrily denied' begging blackburn for a move on ssn mobile.

Japan Shaking All Over
28-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Mata
Jags
Samba and
Benny. . . .with Gerv already in the bag

I make that 1 and a possible further 4 potential double figure million signings!
never has the like been seen at the club, and its not dross comong in either, will have to day goodbye to a couple but no pain no gain

waiting period = hail

server too busy!
28-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Be honest guys, none of that will happen. We'll buy a defender and that'll be it. Remember these players have to want to come, and I certainly don't think Benzema wants to. Lukaka is another to add to this fantasy.

Power n Glory
28-07-2011, 12:57 PM
In other news...Theo is injured again. Pulled out of training. Great.

Hopefully, we make a few signings before the window closes. The injury plague is kicking in already. Say we refuse to sell Nasri and spends most of the season out injured.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-07-2011, 12:59 PM
What would be the point in that, we'd never be able to match their funds.

Thats the point so we'd not waste time bidding then.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Be honest guys, none of that will happen. We'll buy a defender and that'll be it. Remember these players have to want to come, and I certainly don't think Benzema wants to. Lukaka is another to add to this fantasy.

Who said they don't unless you they told you personally.

Luka would come if we bid the right amount and gave him a decent pay cheque same would Benzema imo. Don't mean we will get them though.

Fats
28-07-2011, 01:05 PM
All talk still.

Maybe designed "links" to keep fans quiet at the weekend?

The Realist
28-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Nick Bendtner is apparently to be unveiled at Sporting Lisbon on Saturday.

Cripps_orig
28-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Nick Bendtner is apparently to be unveiled at Sporting Lisbon on Saturday.

:pray:

Olivier's xmas twist
28-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Dinamo Zagreb director of sport Zoran Mamic claims Arsenal have deemed Croatian starlet Mateo Kovacic too expensive to sign.

The 17-year-old attacking midfielder is hot property in Croatia having burst onto the scene in Zagreb late last year.

Mamic says Arsene Wenger's side rate Kovacic highly but believe the youngster, who has previously been linked with Ajax, Juventus and Bayern Munich, would be out of their price range if Dinamo decide to sell.

"A few days ago I talked with some of my friends from Arsenal," he told 24sata. "I told them that Mateo is in good form, that he is playing good.

"They said that is very good for us, but bad for them. They say that Arsenal can't join this 'dance of millions' for him.

"They rate Kovacic very highly but are also afraid that he will be too expensive for them so

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7065349,00.html

who?

Blackburn defender Christopher Samba has furiously dismissed quotes which implied that he was seeking a move to Arsenal in order to play in the UEFA Champions League.

The centre-back has long been linked with a transfer to Emirates Stadium, but he signed a long-term contract extension at Ewood Park in February.

Samba, though, was quoted as saying that it would be a 'big lie' if he said he was not tempted by the opportunity to join a club who play in the UEFA Champions League.

The Sun credited the 27-year-old as saying: "A player who has no ambition to play at a higher level has made a mistake and chosen the wrong sport.

"I don't know what is happening with Arsenal because I am not dealing with it and it's not my problem.

"At the minute I am still at Blackburn but it would be a big lie if I told you 'everything is good and I don't want to play in the Champions League'.

Difficult
"I don't know what the board and the manager at Blackburn are planning or what provisions they have made for signing new players.

"It is difficult for me at the moment because I'm just waiting to see what happens and concentrating on my preparation for the new season."

But the angry Blackburn captain has denied making any such statement and insists the quotes and incorrect.

Samba wrote on his personal Twitter account: "The declarations about me are totally false - never said that.

"I'm a Rovers player and will never mention other clubs - it's disrespectful. Not happy right now

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7064825,00.html

Samab need to STFU and hope Arsenal sign hm tbh

Özim
28-07-2011, 01:38 PM
People getting their hopes up about big signings I see, don't bother this is Wenger we're talking about...Mr Disappointment.

We'll never spend money on expensive signings, Samba would have been most likely but he signed a new contact in January and doesn't seem to want to leave them.

As predicted by many, a sh*t summer in the transfer market again, waiting period my arse, it's the end of July and f*ck all has happened!

LDG
28-07-2011, 01:56 PM
:ilt:

Özim
28-07-2011, 02:29 PM
:ilt:
You leave yourself open to it to be honest, gone are the days when I believe Wenger is going to spend on someone decent.

He hasn't for years why would he start now, this summer is clearly a carbon copy of previous summers......so much for recognising the need for change!

I wanted him out, he's still here....that's the biggest disappointment of the summer for me, got no time for his nonsense anymore.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-07-2011, 02:43 PM
You leave yourself open to it to be honest, gone are the days when I believe Wenger is going to spend on someone decent.

He hasn't for years why would he start now, this summer is clearly a carbon copy of previous summers......so much for recognising the need for change!

I wanted him out, he's still here....that's the biggest disappointment of the summer for me, got no time for his nonsense anymore.

Thats your own problem then, why the hell would he leave or fet sacked just because he ain't meeting your goals. do you think anyone in the blub gives a shit what you or me`think no way.

end of the day Arsene is here for 3 more seasons at least wheather we like it or not instead of moaning like a bitch every day man the fuck up or shut the fuck up and get behind the team.

If not go to hell or worse go support Chelsea.

Cripps_orig
28-07-2011, 02:54 PM
:lol:

Özim
28-07-2011, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=Charlie the Gooner;23079]Thats your own problem then, why the hell would he neave or get sacked just because he ain't meeting your goals. do you think anyone in thedclub gives a shit what you or me think no way. 
end of the day Arsene is here for 3 moRe seasons at least wheather we like it or not instead of moaning like a bitch every day man the fuck up or shut the fuck up and get behind the team.

Hf not gm to hel

Japan Shaking All Over
28-07-2011, 03:04 PM
to be honesty.......who knows what is going to happen?

we could be )n for a suprise and sign a hareo of quality motjerfuckers or we

Fats
28-07-2011, 03:19 PM
If I"could whack up a poll to when AW is going to get the chop I would if players are not brought in to strengthen the squad.

Personally If he brings in 3 more players of quality I would give h)m more time how

Özim
28-07-2011, 03:20 PM
What gets on my fucking nerves is that everyone is calling foR Wengerto be replaced the question is who do we replace him with? he's(worked wonders for the club (our club) the board keep on going on about having money to spend but do they really? We cannot compete with the mal Shitties and Chelski's!of this world when it comes to transfers get over it!
I%don't give a sh*t about what he's done without spending to be honest, sick of hearing that line. He's basically settle for 4th spot every season which IMO is sh*t achievement and a sh*t target and only someone with a loser's attitude would settle for that.

I'm anso sick of hearing we can't compete with Chelse` etc.....that's!rubbish we might not be able to spend as much as them, `ut we don't nee$ to, there's plenty of players to go round problem is we never try and even sig

Olivier's xmas twist
28-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Support a loser of a manager who see's 4th as some kind of trophy...No chance! I'm just waiting for the day he leaves so I can once again enjoy football like I once did....hopefully that'll be next summer when the same thing has happened again, knowing the moneygrabbers above him though I doubt it!

I'm not going to get taken in by this loser or his words, you feel free to though and dream about those fantasy signings which will never happen if you like.

I'm not going to start supporting another team either, you keep coming up with that nonsense line for some reason.:lol:

Mate, i agree with most of what you say, but the way you say it every day makes it tedious. AW won't leave because you keep saying he should go, whether you like it i like ot or anyone does he is probs here untill the board are pissed with him or till we get a new baord/chairman in.

i can only be hopefull he has seen the light and oes make changes before the window closes or befoe the season starts. Also act like a gooner instead of bringing the team and the manager down if you don't want to be told to support another team then.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-07-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't give a sh*t about what he's done without spending to be honest, sick of hearing that line. He's basically settle for 4th spot every season which IMO is sh*t achievement and a sh*t target and only someone with a loser's attitude would settle for that.

I'm also sick of hearing we can't compete with Chelsea etc.....that's rubbish we might not be able to spend as much as them, but we don't need to, there's plenty of players to go round problem is we never try and even sign quality...we always go for pet projects or cheapo's.

There's plenty who could replace Wenger so let's not go through that again, 6 years since he won anything not good enough IMO, especially when you add in the fact he doesn't change anything....it's the fact he won't change things when it's clearly needed that makes me feel this way.

I don't think what he's doing is working wonders, ruining my (and many other's) enjoyment of football and making me resent the club isn't working wonders, at this stage I just want him out, can no longer stand him or anything he has to say and think he's performance has been very average in recent years.

He definitely should have lost his job by now (especially when he's geting 6 million a year which is top whack), it's only the fact the board are only interested in money that has kept him in one.

In short have some pride and GTFO Wenger, your best days are well behind you.

Your a clown why would he loose his job when he is meeting targets if you believe his target was to win the league in the last 6 seasons then more fool you.

the reason he was not sacked is he met his targets. Don't agree with the boared but he must have tbh. id agree he would have been out on hos arse any where else of if he did not win the league with a superstar full sqaud.

but the board aim was top 4 for 6 seasons.

Özim
28-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Your a clown why would he loose his job when he is meeting targets if you believe his target was to win the league in the last 6 seasons then more fool you.

the reason he was not sacked is he met his target, just because you belive those twats in the sun who say otherwise more fool you
I'm a clown you say? :lol:

His target is making the board cash, yeah he's doing a good job at that....but it's not football!

He's not got sack because of money like I said, someone interested in football would have sacked him.

You might deem it acceptable, I don't having a loser in charge is no good for anyone!

Özim
28-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Mate, i agree with most of what you say, but the way you say it every day makes it tedious. AW won't leave because you keep saying he should go, whether you like it i like ot or anyone does he is probs here untill the board are pissed with him or till we get a new baord/chairman in.

i can only be hopefull he has seen the light and oes make changes before the window closes or befoe the season starts. Also act like a gooner instead of bringing the team and the manager down if you don't want to be told to support another team then.
I've got nothing good to say about him, I really don't like him anymore and in fact I probably won't be as interested in the new season as I once was (not in the least bit excited in fact).

I'm not going to say good things about him for the sake of it, the fact him and the board take the p*ss out of the fans and get away with it is a real p*ss take too......personally amazed put up with it, paying shockingly high prices to watch the cr*p he puts out only to be belittled and still not saying a peep takes some doing.

Only the fans can make this guy leave at the end of the day, by sending a clear message to the board that 4th place isn't acceptable, right now it seems like they're just laughing at them whilst smoking their expensive cigars.

I'm not sure he'd have got away with it at any other club to be honest, either the board would have sacked him or the fans would have spoken out if they were in the same boat (i.e a big club who don't give a sh*t about winning anymore).

Olivier's xmas twist
28-07-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm a clown you say? :lol:

His target is making the board cash, yeah he's doing a good job at that....but it's not football!

He's not got sack because of money like I said, someone interested in football would have sacked him.

You might deem it acceptable, I don't having a loser in charge is no good for anyone!

Show me a post where i said it was acceptable, I said he meeting his targets hence why he ain't been sacked( if that means making them money so be it. Don't agree with it but not much i can do is there.

I agree we had a should have one at leasst 1 trohy in the last 6 years be in the CC or Fa cup tbh so in that sense you could say he failed but the board won't see it that way.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-07-2011, 04:04 PM
I've got nothing good to say about him, I really don't like him anymore and in fact I probably won't be as interested in the new season as I once was (not in the least bit excited in fact).

I'm not going to say good things about him for the sake of it, the fact him and the board take the p*ss out of the fans and get away with it is a real p*ss take too......personally amazed put up with it, paying shockingly high prices to watch the cr*p he puts out only to be belittled and still not saying a peep takes some doing.

Only the fans can make this guy leave at the end of the day, by sending a clear message to the board that 4th place isn't acceptable, right now it seems like they're just laughing at them whilst smoking their expensive cigars.I'm not sure he'd have got away with it at any other club to be honest, either the board would have sacked him or the fans would have spoken out if they were in the same boat (i.e a big club who don't give a sh*t about winning anymore).

agreed, until the baord change the ways why would the managet tbh.

Master Splinter
28-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Have we signed Biglia yet?

Sirjackofwilshere
28-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Sky sources - Arsenal in talks with Valencia over Mata and want him before the Emirates Cup. :popcorn:

Marc Overmars
28-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Sky sources - Arsenal in talks with Valencia over Mata and want him before the Emirates Cup. :popcorn:

:pray:

Make it happen Vinger.

Özim
28-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Are these the sames one who said we were talking to Hazard and Benzema?

Master Splinter
28-07-2011, 04:38 PM
The Emirates Cup is the new July the 1st :bow:.

Marc Overmars
28-07-2011, 04:40 PM
If we can pull this signing off and pick up a defender as well, that would be an encouraging transfer window.

I'd still like a striker but that seems unlikely, but I'd be satisfied anyway.

Sirjackofwilshere
28-07-2011, 04:43 PM
If we can get Mata, keep Cesc..flog off Nasri for 20 mil..use that to buy a top defender.....

Master Splinter
28-07-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm not convinved by the Mata rumours, but unless Wenger plans to play him (and possibly the Lesbo) more centrally, we'll have alot of wingers. Theo, Ryo, Gervinho, Arshavin, Mata, Lesbo. Ryo and Gervinho have both looked good so far, so I doubt Wenger would want another another winger. Maybe Arshavin will also play centrally?

Anyway, a top striker is more essential, but Mata would obviously be more than welcome.

And Biglia.

Mr. Lahey
28-07-2011, 04:46 PM

I agree with this. Even moreso if Nasri resigns.

Japan Shaking All Over
28-07-2011, 04:46 PM
very mouth watering but got a feeling there is going to be a clear out hence the lack of visible Cesc, hiding behind the injury because if he was injuried wouldnt Barca put off for another year. . . talk of a package woeth 40 mil, that would be OK depending on the meaning of package!

Kaiser
28-07-2011, 04:52 PM
These Mata rumours were started by Marca FFS. And of course he's not gonna cost £13.5m. A player like him is more likely to cost around £20m. I reckon the English papers have jumped on the bandwagon. I reckon we're interested but doubt it's gone very far. And when the press gets wind of a deal we're trying to complete, it either collapses or takes a month more.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Andrey Arshavin has branded reported Arsenal target Alan Dzagoev as the most talented young footballer in Russia.
The attacking midfielder, who plays for CSKA Moscow, (http://topics.skysports.com/CSKA+Moscow/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif has been linked with a move to the Premier League after impressing in the Russian top flight.
The Gunners and north London rivals Tottenham are thought to be chasing his signature, with reports suggesting that both clubs have made £12million offers for the 21-year-old.
Dzagoev has the backing of fellow Russia midfielder and Arsenal (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif man Arshavin, (http://topics.skysports.com/Andrey+Arshavin/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif 30, who rates him as the hottest young prospect in his country.
"I think Alan is the most talented young footballer from Russia," Arshavin told Sovsport.ru.
"I hope he can develop as a player and he will be the key member of the national team."
Dzagoev became the youngest outfield player ever to play for Russia when he made his senior international debut as an 18-year-old back in 2008.
Real Madrid (http://topics.skysports.com/Real+Madrid/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif were previously thought to be interested in the youngster but he chose to remain in Moscow, insisting he would prefer a Premier League move over Spain and citing Chelsea (http://topics.skysports.com/chelsea/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif as his preferred destination.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7065621,00.html

Fucking spuds want to have every player were linked with

Olivier's xmas twist
28-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Barcelona playmaker Ibrahim Afellay is keeping quiet over rumours linking him with a move to Tottenham.

The Netherlands international arrived at Camp Nou from PSV in January but has struggled to force his way into Pep Guardiola's first team.

Spurs are thought to have made the 25-year-old a target this summer, with reports suggesting they have tabled an offer.

And while Afellay insists he is focused on Barca, the Dutchman stopped short of denying that Tottenham have made a bid.

Asked if the speculation was true, he told AS: "Look, if there is anything that is clear it's that rumours are part of football and we must learn to live with them, but now I'm just focused on Barcelona.

"I'm aware (of the reports) because I read the information arriving from England. People call you and say they have seen such a thing."

Interest
Afellay, who is tied to a four-and-a-half-year contract at Barca, has also reportedly attracted interest from Juventus and Lazio this summer.

But the midfielder insists he is happy with the European champions and keen to secure more regular first-team action.

"It's perfect. I feel happy. On a sporting level, I hope to express my potential," he added.

"(Playing more) is my intention, of course. I want to play as much as possible."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7065812,00.html

Well if barca don't wan't him they should use him as part of the cesc deal tbh

Valencia sporting director Braulio Vazquez claims the club are yet to receive any offers for reported Arsenal target Juan Mata.

The Gunners are thought to have stepped up their pursuit of Mata after holding talks over the sought-after Spain winger.

But Vazquez insists there has been no approach for the 23-year-old, who has also been linked with Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea.

He told Superdeporte: "I hope that he [Mata] will stay with Valencia and I think he'll do just that. We have not received any offers for him so far.

"However, we have a back-up plan in case he leaves.

"That's not just the case for Juan though. We have a plan like that for every player. We have to be prepared if something happens.

"Juan is very calm and doesn't get carried away. Of course, the rumours don't go unnoticed, but there is absolutely no doubt about his commitment to Valencia."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7065841,00.html

Speculation: Correio da Manha claims Sporting Lisbon are ready to agree terms with Arsenal for Nicklas Bendtner.

Mr. Lahey
28-07-2011, 05:09 PM

Only the fans can make this guy leave at the end of the day, by sending a clear message to the board that 4th place isn't acceptable, right now it seems like they're just laughing at them whilst smoking their expensive cigars.

I'm not sure he'd have got away with it at any other club to be honest, either the board would have sacked him or the fans would have spoken out if they were in the same boat (i.e a big club who don't give a sh*t about winning anymore).

Agreed. I will not be getting behind Wenger unless he changes his ways. The way he speaks about fans, about 4th being a trophy, about winning not being the most important thing, the 30 year old policy, persisting with injury prone players, persisting playing players out of position (Bendner on the wing, he should be sacked for this offense by itself)...etc. These are all sackable offenses for any other football club. If he lets Nasri walk for free then that will be a massive blow as well and he should be sacked the second it happens. I cannot support this guy when he refuses to address any of the above no matter how much of a fan of Arsenal. Just like you Zimm, hes ruining watching Arsenal for me personally.

That wont matter much because there will still be idiots saying that the club cant do any better and that when WEnger goes we will be in for a rude awakening.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Agreed. I will not be getting behind Wenger unless he changes his ways. The way he speaks about fans, about 4th being a trophy, about winning not being the most important thing, the 30 year old policy, persisting with injury prone players, persisting playing players out of position (Bendner on the wing, he should be sacked for this offense by itself)...etc. These are all sackable offenses for any other football club. If he lets Nasri walk for free then that will be a massive blow as well and he should be sacked the second it happens. I cannot support this guy when he refuses to address any of the above no matter how much of a fan of Arsenal. Just like you Zimm, hes ruining watching Arsenal for me personally.

That wont matter much because there will still be idiots saying that the club cant do any better and that when WEnger goes we will be in for a rude awakening.

As long as he makes th board happy he will be there, Makes no diffrence if he wins things or Does not adress problems or not. Cause for us it will suck but then its the board who should be turned on should it not for keeping the guy in the job.

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Aguero has officially signed for City.

:popcorn:

Mr. Lahey
28-07-2011, 05:31 PM
As long as he makes th board happy he will be there, Makes no diffrence if he wins things or Does not adress problems or not. Cause for us it will suck but then its the board who should be turned on should it not for keeping the guy in the job.

And this is the "culture" at the club that alot of us are referring too. The board and wenger are ok with things as long as 4th is achieved. I cant support a bunch of tossers like this. Listening to either side speak is so infuriating as its nothing but BS, spin, twisting of words and shifting goal posts. I cant support the people who are in charge.

Im an Arsenal fan through and through though. Ill support the players who put in a shift for the club. But for those who look down their noses at the fans and who treat us like morons, i have no time for. I hope Stan reevaluates everything at the club and begins the change. Only time will tell.

Cripps_orig
28-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Arsenal have backed away from a deal to sign Dinamo Zagreb teenager Mateo Kovacic because the transfer would be too ‘expensive’ for them, according to the Croatian club.

Don't Miss

■Fabianski: Injury woes are behind me
■Arsenal apply for Miyaichi's work permit

■Fabregas not an AC Milan target - Galliani
■Arshavin: Nobody said anything after big defeats

■Bendtner in £9m Sporting move - report

Arsene Wenger has an interest in bringing the young midfielder to the Premier League according to Zagreb director of sport Zoran Mamic.

The 17-year-old has been the subject of much transfer speculation in Croatia this summer after impressing in the latter half of last season.

The youngster has attracted attention from Ajax, Bayern Munich and Juventus as well as the Gunners.

However Mamic believes Kovacic is out of Arsene Wenger’s price range if they decide to cash in on the young starlet.

"A few days ago I talked with some of my friends from Arsenal," he told 24sata. "I told them that Mateo is in good form, that he is playing good.

"They said that is very good for us, but bad for them. They say that Arsenal can't join this 'dance of millions' for him.

"They rate Kovacic very highly but are also afraid that he will be too expensive for them soon."

Kovacic has only managed eight first team games for Zagreb so far in his fledgling career but has managed to find twice in the period.

Thank god for that

Cripps_orig
28-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Just heard on Talksport that Guilemme Balague who is awesome btw say that Arsenal havent made an offer yet for Mata but will make an 18m euro bid soon which will make one of 2 things happen.

1 - They'll accept and Mata is ours

2 - According to Matas contract, if anyone makes an €18m bid and they dont accept then they have to raise his wages to some amount i cant remember.

He also said Valencia can not afford to pay those wages.

If Mata comes, he will take Nasris position and Nasri will move in to the middle with Cesc dead. Id take that. Nasri was awesome last season whilst in the middle. Thats when he showed his best form.

Master Splinter
28-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Balague :lol:

cheesy bites
28-07-2011, 07:06 PM
I just want to say that if we sign Mata, I will probably weep tears of joy. The guy is absolute quality.

Power n Glory
28-07-2011, 07:07 PM

the reason he was not sacked is he met his targets. Don't agree with the boared but he must have tbh. id agree he would have been out on hos arse any where else of if he did not win the league with a superstar full sqaud.

but the board aim was top 4 for 6 seasons.

And you want the fans to shut up and support this? And you've got the cheek to call Zimm a clown?!

Darth Vela
28-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Just heard on Talksport that Guilemme Balague who is awesome btw say that Arsenal havent made an offer yet for Mata but will make an 18m euro bid soon which will make one of 2 things happen.

1 - They'll accept and Mata is ours

2 - According to Matas contract, if anyone makes an €18m bid and they dont accept then they have to raise his wages to some amount i cant remember.

He also said Valencia can not afford to pay those wages.

If Mata comes, he will take Nasris position and Nasri will move in to the middle with Cesc dead. Id take that. Nasri was awesome last season whilst in the middle. Thats when he showed his best form.

His best form was playing on the left actually, and with Chamakh incidentally, I think he'll do a decent job in the middle though as the flanks should be a little more balanced with Gervinho/Theo/Arshavin/hopefully Mata out there.

milla
28-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Some of us are actually convinced Mata will sign for us, rofl :coffee:

selassie
28-07-2011, 07:28 PM

Yeah it's too good to be true and if we have a chance of signing him we'll probably try and drive the price down instead of meeting his release clause.

Özim
28-07-2011, 07:29 PM
:lol:

Cripps_orig
28-07-2011, 07:37 PM
I think we'll have a bid accepted for Mata so it comes down to personal terms. Just hope we don't send Wenger or Gazidis to the negotiations

Darth Vela
28-07-2011, 07:48 PM
And you want the fans to shut up and support this? And you've got the cheek to call Zimm a clown?!

Well, he's 4/6ths right tbf.

We were happy to build for a few years as we paid off debt, I think most people understand and are okay with that, last few years though I think the aim has been to win things and that has been a failure, it's why I don't trust people who rant about 6 years of failure as justification for whatever they're proposing, when the first 4 years actually went to plan.

Marc Overmars
28-07-2011, 07:49 PM

He will, it's just a Mata of time. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
28-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Mata is a smokescreen, Wenger always does that. The Biglia rumours have gone quiet, as unreal as it sounds I think he might be the target we're actually after. I'll take everything I've ever said about Wenger back if he can manage to pull that one off.

milla
28-07-2011, 07:50 PM
I think we'll have a bid accepted for Mata so it comes down to personal terms. Just hope we don't send Wenger or Gazidis to the negotiations

Knowing what a tight ass fuker that Wenger is, he will probably offer valencia 50p less than the asking price. Then, Valencia will rightly ask Wenger to go feck himself. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
28-07-2011, 08:01 PM

Darth Vela
28-07-2011, 08:11 PM
I believe Dick Law deals with most of our negotiations, although he's currently engaged in persuading Lisbon to take a Bendtner or two off our hands and that ain't easy.

Özim
28-07-2011, 08:35 PM
If Wenger does indeed turn up for negotiations for Mata, he should send him back and ask if we could send someone who isn't a serial bulsh*tter as there's important matters in hand (not involving spirit, togetherness, waiting periods or lack of a little bit of sharpness), even if it is only in dreamland.

Master Splinter
28-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Mata is a smokescreen, Wenger always does that. The Biglia rumours have gone quiet, as unreal as it sounds I think he might be the target we're actually after. I'll take everything I've ever said about Wenger back if he can manage to pull that one off.

If we actually sign Biglia, you'd probably smash your house up wouldn't you?

Master Splinter
28-07-2011, 08:40 PM
His best form was playing on the left actually, and with Chamakh incidentally, I think he'll do a decent job in the middle though as the flanks should be a little more balanced with Gervinho/Theo/Arshavin/hopefully Mata out there.

Ach was WUMming about Nasri, you'll be surprised to hear, because we corrected him about it the other day.

Don't forget Ryo on the flanks either!

And Chamakh can play there too.

Kano
28-07-2011, 08:47 PM
nas was sporadically good in the middle but not consistent, i think it was back in the 09/10 season he was played there when cesc was injured around march/april time. part of that could be down to the fact he has not played in the centre consistently or that he just isn't very good there. it's muddled by wenger continually buying players that have been cm's for their previous clubs and sticking them out wide at arsenal.

Power n Glory
28-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Well, he's 4/6ths right tbf.

We were happy to build for a few years as we paid off debt, I think most people understand and are okay with that, last few years though I think the aim has been to win things and that has been a failure, it's why I don't trust people who rant about 6 years of failure as justification for whatever they're proposing, when the first 4 years actually went to plan.

I've got a bit of problem with that recollection. The aim has always been to win things. After winning the FA Cup we didn't all of sudden turn into a 4th spot battling team. Wenger couldn't deal with Mourinho and it's part of the reason why we couldn't win the league. This idea of us 'holding back' is a little warped. We couldn't win the league but we were still going for trophies. Wenger wants the Champions League title badly and a top four finish is probably his own set standard because he wants that trophy. On the barren league years, we were going for that one and we still are. The fact that we're looking stronger in the league now probably has a lot to do with Mourinho's exit and Chelsea's decline in dominance.

Also, in those first four seasons, we probably spent around the same sort of money we spend now. Maybe more. We bought Hleb, Gallas, Diaby, Adebayor, Walcott, Denilson, Rosicky, Eduardo and a load of kids that have come and gone. What we we're seeing now in transfers is no different to what we were doing then. One or two quality players mixed with young players. In fact, over the past couple seasons, Wenger has become less active in the transfer window.

But back to the point. It's not okay to tell a fan to shut up and simply back greedy bastards. They've been able to get away with for so long because the fans have always thought we're a season away from silverware and we were given that impression. No memo was sent out stating we'll be battling for 4th spot from now on. We were FA Cup winners and probably 2nd/3rd best team in the country. Expectations didn't just drop like that. It's been a slow decline.

Elreactor
28-07-2011, 09:34 PM
He will, it's just a Mata of time. :coffee:

If he has such low release clause, I don´t understand how no one else has stepped in between he and Arsenal. :unsure:

Kano
28-07-2011, 09:38 PM
If he has such low release clause, I don´t understand how no one else has stepped in between he and Arsenal. :unsure:

very true, add to the fact that just a couple weeks back he said he wanted to stay at valencia

Sirjackofwilshere
28-07-2011, 09:39 PM
If we do nab mata I'll be sex weeing...will help us immeasurably against teams that sit back...imo will bring more to the team than Lesbo face.

AKBapologist
28-07-2011, 09:52 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2019966/Juan-Mata-Arsenal-deal-nears-17-5m.html

Mata deal nears completion as Arsenal and Valencia meet on £17.5m package deal
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 10:30 PM on 28th July 2011

Juan Mata moved a step closer to joining Arsenal last night as Nicklas Bendtner headed to Sporting Lisbon.
Valencia are ready to accept a package worth up to £17.5million for the Spain international and personal terms will not be a problem.

However, sporting director Braulio Vazquez said: 'I've spoken to Mata and I can guarantee that he isn't pushing to leave but it's quite understandable that he's concerned about everything going on around him.'
Mata's arrival increases the chances of Cesc Fabregas completing his move to Barcelona. Fabregas will not be involved in the Emirates Cup tournament but Arsene Wenger has told Barcelona he wants the issue closed by the end of next week.
Bendtner, meanwhile, is in Portugal and expects to finalise a £9million move to Sporting over the weekend.
Arsenal are also ready to increase their £12million offer for Everton's Phil Jagielka with a bid of £15m expected.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2019966/Juan-Mata-Arsenal-deal-nears-17-5m.html#ixzz1TRIh18Ud

Joker
28-07-2011, 09:54 PM
If we get Mata that would be an excellent signing. I also think he'd offer more to us than Nasri, who flatters to deceive a lot of the time, holds onto the ball too long and despite all the hype, doesn't create as many goals as maybe a player of his supposed talent should. Mata on the other hand is not just skilful, but very effective as well, and having a player like that will provide a much needed boost to the squad. However, I'm still not anticipating this to go through, as it doesn't seem a particularly Wenger-like signing, unless he's chosen to change course and go after established quality players instead of unproven youngsters.

Kano
28-07-2011, 10:02 PM
how many full length valencia games have you seen? personally i have no consistent idea about mata's ability bar what i've clips on youtube, a couple matches off sky and media reports. he looks like a good player but moving to a different league, country and style of player is not an easy transition. nasri scored 15 with 5 assists, so room for improvement but not too shabby either.

Cripps_orig
28-07-2011, 10:03 PM
very true, add to the fact that just a couple weeks back he said he wanted to stay at valencia He'd still probably say that now but if we make Valencia an offer they can't refuse (sorry watching the Godfather whilst typing this) then he doesn't have a choice. Valencia need the money

bagwan
28-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Don't know if it's been said, but Sol Campbell is training with us.

Unai Tea
28-07-2011, 10:08 PM
That's our CB issue resolved then. His presence will be like a new signing.

selassie
28-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Arsene must be quite serious about Jagielka....this is being reported in quite a few places....I think this one could be done by mid next week if there is any truth in it. Everton are broke and they won't get a better offer for him than this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8669393/Arsenal-closing-in-on-Phil-Jagielka-after-submitting-new-bid-for-Everton-defender.html

Arsenal closing in on Phil Jagielka after submitting new bid for Everton defender.

Arsenal are attempting to clinch a deal for Everton centre-back Phil Jagielka after submitting a new bid of around £15 million. Emirates bound: Phil Jagielka could be heading for Arsenal forllowing a second, improved bid.

Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/) manager, has also made it known to Barcelona president Sandro Rosell that he wants the uncertainty that has engulfed his captain, Cesc Fabregas (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/cesc-fabregas/), to be resolved by Sunday evening. Barcelona are well aware of Arsenal’s £40 million valuation and Wenger has made it clear that he will not allow the Fabregas situation to continue to overshadow his own pre-season preparations.

If Barcelona do not come up with an acceptable bid, he will expect Fabregas to commit himself to Arsenal for another season.

Arsenal hope to draw a definitive line under the saga as early as Monday and certainly before their members’ day for fans at the Emirates Stadium next Thursday.

Wenger, having launched a renewed attempt to sign Jagielka, remains hopeful that a deal can be completed within 48 hours. Arsenal had a £10 million offer for Jagielka rejected last week and it is understood that the new offer is worth some £5 million more than that.

Everton (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/), though, are believed to value Jagielka at more like £18 million and the two clubs were still in negotiations yesterday.
Jagielka signed a four-year contract in March and is regarded by David Moyes, the Everton manager, as one of the club’s most important players.
Arsenal also failed with a £12 million bid for Jagielka last summer and, at Everton, there is a sense that the 28 year-old’s value should have risen following a season in which he has become established in the England squad.

Moyes has previously shown that he will not allow his best players to leave without a considerable fight. Manchester City eventually had to pay £22 million to sign Joleon Lescott from Everton in 2009.

However, Everton have their own financial pressures and it is thought that Moyes would largely need to fund new arrivals this summer with player sales.
Wenger’s interest in Jagielka underlines his desire to recruit a defender who is both experienced and established in the Premier League.
Other slightly younger options include Bolton’s Gary Cahill and Blackburn’s Chris Samba, but Jagielka has emerged as Wenger’s clear preference.
Cahill is understood to have a release clause of £17 million but, given that he has only year left on his contract, Arsenal would be reluctant to match that fee.

Samba said on Wednesday that he had ambitions to play in the Champions League but would not speak specifically about Arsenal.
Wenger is also keen to push through a deal for Spain winger Juan Mata, although the indications from Valencia are that they would expect Arsenal to pay an up-front fee of around £17.5 million rather than accept a lower initial price.

Arsenal also have an interest in Joel Campbell, 19, a striker who plays in Costa Rica with Saprissa, although he may be loaned back out and would very much be a signing for the longer term.

While the recruitment of a new centre-back is a priority regardless of who leaves, Wenger’s decisions over new midfielders or strikers will largely be shaped by whether Fabregas is sold to Barcelona.

For that reason, the Mata deal has emerged as less of an immediate priority than a new centre-back. Nicklas Bendtner and Emmanuel Eboué are also both likely to leave this summer. Bendtner has held talks with a number of clubs but is now close to joining Sporting Lisbon for a deal worth around £9 million while Eboué is expected to be sold to Galatasaray.

Kano
28-07-2011, 10:28 PM
He'd still probably say that now but if we make Valencia an offer they can't refuse (sorry watching the Godfather whilst typing this) then he doesn't have a choice. Valencia need the money

that's also true. i've thought that we'd get another cb at least, so if mata came too that would surely get a lot of people excited. an additional striker of good quality would be the icing on the cake.

Sirjackofwilshere
28-07-2011, 10:33 PM
that Wenger is pushing for Jagielka..made a 15m bid according the the telegraph, and we've bid for Mata...around 17 mill which will be accepted.

Darth Vela
28-07-2011, 10:47 PM
I've got a bit of problem with that recollection. The aim has always been to win things. After winning the FA Cup we didn't all of sudden turn into a 4th spot battling team. Wenger couldn't deal with Mourinho and it's part of the reason why we couldn't win the league. This idea of us 'holding back' is a little warped. We couldn't win the league but we were still going for trophies. Wenger wants the Champions League title badly and a top four finish is probably his own set standard because he wants that trophy. On the barren league years, we were going for that one and we still are. The fact that we're looking stronger in the league now probably has a lot to do with Mourinho's exit and Chelsea's decline in dominance.

Also, in those first four seasons, we probably spent around the same sort of money we spend now. Maybe more. We bought Hleb, Gallas, Diaby, Adebayor, Walcott, Denilson, Rosicky, Eduardo and a load of kids that have come and gone. What we we're seeing now in transfers is no different to what we were doing then. One or two quality players mixed with young players. In fact, over the past couple seasons, Wenger has become less active in the transfer window.

But back to the point. It's not okay to tell a fan to shut up and simply back greedy bastards. They've been able to get away with for so long because the fans have always thought we're a season away from silverware and we were given that impression. No memo was sent out stating we'll be battling for 4th spot from now on. We were FA Cup winners and probably 2nd/3rd best team in the country. Expectations didn't just drop like that. It's been a slow decline.

Yah, we spent 8m on Theo, 2m on Denilson, 5m on Diaby, 6m on Adebayor, 10m apiece on Rosicky and Eduardo whilst seeing Vieira and Henry go out for more money, I don't think that's indicative of building to win trophies the same season as the purchase but to develop for a few years along the line. I'm sure Wenger was trying to build the best team for the time with what funds he had but also balancing it with building a better team for the future, we wouldn't have handed back a trophy if we'd won one and similarly I'm also sure fans expectations weren't instantly dimmed but after a few hits and once you actually took a look at the stupid money being thrown around and the restrictiveness of the stadium debt you soon saw that we'd be either challenging in a few years or not at all (still debatable which way it's going to go now, and lord is it debated :d).

I think our transfer policy hasn't seen a major overhaul, I agree there but we're definitely spending more on wages and with much of that initial squad now either developed or gone we have, hopefully, a better mix of experience to youth than we did have and so can spend it in different areas and afford to keep top players on top wages (for us, anyway).

Course it's not okay to tell a fan to shut up and back greedy bastards, pointing out that those bastards might not be greedy and proposing alternative reasoning, however, is.

Cripps_orig
28-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Arsenal are preparing a bid for both Lille playmaker Eden Hazard and his younger brother Thorgan, who plays for the French side's rivals Lens.Full story: CaughtOffside.comWouldn't be surprised if the younger unknown brother was our main target and we're only getting Eden Hazard to convince him to come

Daniele
29-07-2011, 07:27 AM
are we going to sell Arshavin if we get Mata? If so, I'd be celebrating...adding to that also the offloading of Bendy and Eboue...

That said we still have to sign another LB as we can't cope with Gibbs and Traoré, another CF as Chamakh can't deputise even my granda, let alone RVP and maybe another CM as I predict Diaby will be out for most of the season and Song will be breathless after 2 months...

Kano
29-07-2011, 08:02 AM
i dont think wenger would want to sell a player that gave us 16 assists last season

Japan Shaking All Over
29-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Arshavin stays. . .gets another season to prove that tubsters can play the beautiful game. . . .the only ones to leave are the ones that have already been mentioned. . .that means Diaby stays! hes such a waste, he can truly awesome in the middle when hes in the mood but it just dont happen enough which I suppose is the cancer of the current squad because they all suffer from the same sickness, not being in the mood.. . .that is what Wenger needs to soet out quick time!
Jags and maybe one more CB in will see Verms shift over because the names mentioned are all starters but I wont be surprised if its only Jags then Kos gets the nod. . .Squeezy can gtfo to domeone like Watford

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
29-07-2011, 08:07 AM
keep arshavin. a bit of competition may actually force the fat cunt to start working harder.

Fats
29-07-2011, 09:05 AM
that Wenger is pushing for Jagielka..made a 15m bid according the the telegraph, and we've bid for Mata...around 17 mill which will be accepted.

yeah yeah yeah (cough) bullshit

yet more lies to keep the masses quiet at the weekend , the club are so transparent these days its a joke

seems strange all this is happening now eh, i thought we were in the waiting period

all to go quiet and none of these names signing after the emirates cack

Japan Shaking All Over
29-07-2011, 09:14 AM

yet more lies to keep the masses quiet at the weekend , the club are so transparent these days its a joke

seems strange all this is happening now eh, i thought we were in the waiting period

Sound of a million people's bubbles being burst. . . . .ta for that Fats. . . .excuse while I just go outside to jump off the nearest bridge

Fats
29-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Sound of a million people's bubbles being burst. . . . .ta for that Fats. . . .excuse while I just go outside to jump off the nearest bridge

lol dont do that fella its not worth it, we dont support spurs for feck sake

Olivier's xmas twist
29-07-2011, 10:55 AM

Where did i ever say that, stop quoting what you want. never said the fans should shut up and supposrt it i said zimm should stfu r sing a diffrent tune thats all i meant.

he hates wenger fine but do we need to hear ir everyDay?.

Niall_Quinn
29-07-2011, 11:26 AM

I think you're right. If they can slink through the pre-season with their wallets locked behind their financial chastity belts and get to the season kick-off they probably assume the fans will fall in line regardless. And face it, they'll be right. They'll be in trouble if Lesbian and Cesc leave in the last few minutes of the transfer window though. Or is that the plan too? Poor loves would be left high and dry with no chance to spend the big fat fees - they'd have to bank the money instead, pay off more of the debt and suffer yet another rise in their share prices.

Power n Glory
29-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Where did i ever say that, stop quoting what you want. never said the fans should shut up and supposrt it i said zimm should stfu r sing a diffrent tune thats all i meant.

he hates wenger fine but do we need to hear ir everyDay?.

Here.

Thats your own problem then, why the hell would he leave or get sacked just because he ain't meeting your goals. do you think anyone in the club gives a shit what you or me think no way.

end of the day Arsene is here for 3 more seasons at least wheather we like it or not instead of moaning like a bitch every day man the fuck up or shut the fuck up and get behind the team.

If not go to hell or worse go support Chelsea.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Here.
still ain't show mean shit tbh, i said he should get behind the team nothing about the manager.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has warned Barcelona to make their minds up over Cesc Fabregas quickly or they will have no chance of signing him.
Barca's pursuit of the Gunners skipper has developed into a protracted transfer saga and Hill-Wood is keen for the matter to be resolved.
While Arsene Wenger (http://topics.skysports.com/Arsene+Wenger/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif has always made it clear he hopes to keep the Spanish midfielder, the chairman admits a deal could be struck if the European champions reach their valuation, which is thought to be £40million.
However, he insists the two clubs are still a long way apart and has told Barca they will miss out on Fabregas (http://topics.skysports.com/Cesc+Fabregas/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif if they do not act soon.
"They have been messing about for a year-and-a-half now and they have got to make up their minds," Hill-Wood said in the Daily Star.
"The ball is in their court. They have made one bid of around £26m and another rather tentative one.
"If they want to buy the player they are going to have to pay the right price - and when you look at what is being paid elsewhere I don't think what we are asking is at all unreasonable."
Asked whether the time was approaching when the Morth Londoners would call off talks, Hill-Wood added: "We are getting close to that."
Jagielka bidHill-Wood also confirmed the Gunners were actively looking to strengthen their squad and had lodged a bid with Everton (http://topics.skysports.com/everton/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif for Phil Jagielka. (http://topics.skysports.com/Phil+Jagielka/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
It emerged last week that the Toffees had rejected a proposal of around £10million for the defender, with reports suggesting they want around £17million.
"We have made a bid for him but they didn't think it was enough," Hill-Wood said. "It is very busy but nothing is actually happening.
"We are trying to buy a few players but it isn't going to happen overnight."

at least its niceto here wew putting a bit of pressure on Barca tbh, the bolded bit seems like deja vu tbh

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7066519,00.html

KSE Comedy Club
29-07-2011, 12:39 PM
"it is very busy but nothing is actually happening"

I find that statement very odd, surely nothing is going to happen unless we stop fucking about and be decisive with our business dealings?

Niall_Quinn
29-07-2011, 12:51 PM
"it is very busy but nothing is actually happening"

I find that statement very odd, surely nothing is going to happen unless we stop fucking about and be decisive with our business dealings?

He was talking about all the civil servants reading this web site.

Fats
29-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I think you're right. If they can slink through the pre-season with their wallets locked behind their financial chastity belts and get to the season kick-off they probably assume the fans will fall in line regardless. And face it, they'll be right. They'll be in trouble if Lesbian and Cesc leave in the last few minutes of the transfer window though. Or is that the plan too? Poor loves would be left high and dry with no chance to spend the big fat fees - they'd have to bank the money instead, pay off more of the debt and suffer yet another rise in their share prices.

Then they can use the old "we didnt have time to buy replacements" these clowns have lied so much in the past it will take a hell of a lot of work to make me believe them.

I would love them to prove me wrong, in fact I would beg them so but for the last 4-5 seasons they havent so no need to hold our breath.

We will all be pleased to see us spend on quality(and not just for the sake of it, although I dont quite understand what that means)and give the squad the depth and ability to push forward in the later stages of the season.

Power n Glory
29-07-2011, 01:34 PM
still ain't show mean shit tbh, i said he should get behind the team nothing about the manager.

But Zimm wasn’t criticising the team, just Wenger and his policies. He wasn’t talking about the team or specific players.

Anyway, you’ve cleared up your point, you’re tired of the negativity. Fine. But the ‘sit down and shut up’ and ‘go support another team’ type posts get on my nerves and you made out as if the fans should just accept the BS. I know that’s not your stance, but that’s how it came across with your first post. We’re all Gooners here.

On a brighter note, I hope we’re serious about signing these players. It better not be a stunt for the Emirates. If we lose Cesc and Nasri in one window it would all be forgotten if we signed three major players. Heck, I’d even be willing to give Wenger more time to get this team settled and ready for the title challenge. Going into the season as we are wouldn’t be acceptable. Losing Cesc or/and Nasri definitely isn’t acceptable.

LDG
29-07-2011, 02:28 PM
But Zimm wasn’t criticising the team, just Wenger and his policies. He wasn’t talking about the team or specific players. Anyway, you’ve cleared up your point, you’re tired of the negativity. Fine. But the ‘sit down and shut up’ and ‘go support another team’ type posts get on my nerves and you made out as if the fans should just accept the BS. I know that’s not your stance, but that’s how it came across with your first post. We’re all Gooners here. On a brighter note, I hope we’re serious about signing these players. It better not be a stunt for the Emirates. If we lose Cesc and Nasri in one window it would all be forgotten if we signed three major players. Heck, I’d even be willing to give Wenger more time to get this team settled and ready for the title challenge. Going into the season as we are wouldn’t be acceptable. Losing Cesc or/and Nasri definitely isn’t acceptable.Spot on dude.

Fats
29-07-2011, 02:58 PM
People keep having a pop at Zimm for saying the same thing but dont we all.

We all have our points but just because others feel its negative so bloody what. The team is negative and nothing positive has happened for seasons so deal with it. We all have frustrations that need to be vented.

Wenger has spouted the same shite for years anyhoo

I for one agree with Zimm on most things and can see his point because mine is the same. A few fans see this coming a long long time ago. I said a while back that we have not won anything since every player he inherated has left. Coincidence?? maybe, but maybe not. Sell by date has passed and we desperately need to move on.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-07-2011, 03:18 PM

We all have our points but just because others feel its negative so bloody what. The team is negative and nothing positive has happened for seasons so deal with it. We all have frustrations that need to be vented.

Wenger has spouted the same shite for years anyhoo

I for one agree with Zimm on most things and can see his point because mine is the same. A few fans see this coming a long long time ago. I said a while back that we have not won anything since every player he inherated has left. Coincidence?? maybe, but maybe not. Sell by date has passed and we desperately need to move on.

Agree and Zim is entitled to his view tbh, i agree with both of you on AW id rather he left too, but he is not so all i can do is get behind him while he is in charge of the club and hope for the best(don't mean i'm happy with it.)

But Zimm wasn’t criticising the team, just Wenger and his policies. He wasn’t talking about the team or specific players.

Anyway, you’ve cleared up your point, you’re tired of the negativity. Fine. But the ‘sit down and shut up’ and ‘go support another team’ type posts get on my nerves and you made out as if the fans should just accept the BS. I know that’s not your stance, but that’s how it came across with your first post. We’re all Gooners here.

On a brighter note, I hope we’re serious about signing these players. It better not be a stunt for the Emirates. If we lose Cesc and Nasri in one window it would all be forgotten if we signed three major players. Heck, I’d even be willing to give Wenger more time to get this team settled and ready for the title challenge. Going into the season as we are wouldn’t be acceptable. Losing Cesc or/and Nasri definitely isn’t acceptable.

Agreed, no more bullshit from those at the top lets see some action for once.

Fist of Lehmann
29-07-2011, 05:06 PM

No. We don't. What would be the point of saying the same thing over again? Post count?

Cripps_orig
29-07-2011, 05:08 PM
If Arsene Wenger and Arsenal keep producing the same shit over and over again every season then things will be repeated tbh.

Credit to the club though for trying to fuck up differently last season and succeeding in it. Gave us something different to talk about

Cripps_orig
29-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Biglia would cost us £7m and Dharmesh Sheths sources have said we are very interested in him and he wants to come to the Premiership

McNamara That Ghost...
29-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Dharmesh Sheth. :lol:

I'm still waiting on us to sign Matuidi.

Master Splinter
29-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Biglia :bow:

A Must Get.

NQ will be ecstatic.

Özim
29-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Dharmesh Sheth. :lol:

I'm still waiting on us to sign Matuidi.
We're signing him, just have to wait for the waiting period to be over.

Master Splinter
29-07-2011, 07:24 PM
We're signing him, just have to wait for the waiting period to be over.

We're not.

Because he's already signed for PSG.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Yay.

Özim
29-07-2011, 07:32 PM
We're not.

Because he's already signed for PSG.
Meh, it's a smokescreen....that's just being reported so someone doesn't nab him when they find out Wenger is afer him.

Darth Vela
29-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Damn, that smokescreens getting good.

We even persuaded Aguero to go to Manchester in order to put everyone off his imminent signing in a swap deal with Squillaci.

Cripps_orig
30-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Tottenham have tabled a bid of around £22m for Arsenal target Juan Mata. The Valencia winger is open to a move to the Premier League and Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is a fan of the 23-year-old but he is yet to make a formal offer.Full story: Daily MirrorLiverpool are watching midfielder James McCarthy's contract talks at Wigan closely and will move for him if they go badly and the Latics show any inclination of wanting to sell. McCarthy has also been linked with Arsenal and Chelsea. Full story: Daily MirrorArsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has confirmed the club are working on deals to bring in 'a few' new players with Phil Jagielka (Everton), Juan Mata (Valencia), and Christopher Samba (Blackburn) believed to be their top priorities.Full story: MetroWhat is Wenger waiting for ffs? If we miss out on Mata, Wenger should just fuck off.I repeat, who the hell is McCarthy? Aint he the one Rooney elbowed? Other than that, has he ever done anything on the pitch?PHW better be right. Those 3 would be great

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 09:29 AM
What is Wenger waiting for ffs? If we miss out on Mata, Wenger should just fuck off.I repeat, who the hell is

Nah Mata should be ours 2 reasons
1 he wants cl footie
2 where would he play for the spuds since they have modric and vdv.

Mata deal should be done soon you feel even our chairman said it mostly

Özim
30-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Nah Mata should be ours 2 reasons
1 he wants cl footie
2 where would he play for the spuds since they have modric and vdv.

Mata deal should be done soon you feel even our chairman said it mostly

1) Haven't seen him say that, have you got a quote where he says it?
2) He's a winger and neither Modric nor VDV play there, plus it won't stop Spurs signing him...they seem to have money to burn.

The price tag will be an issue for us, 20 million for a player can't see us spending that kind of cash, hope I'm wrong.

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-07-2011, 10:15 AM
£15m for McCarthy? :lol:

Christ that's expensive.... done deal then.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-07-2011, 10:22 AM
What is Wenger waiting for ffs? If we miss out on Mata, Wenger should just fuck off.I repeat, who the hell is McCarthy? Aint he the one Rooney elbowed? Other than that, has he ever done anything on the pitch?PHW better be right. Those 3 would be great

The adage just fuck off can be just as easily appilied to the scum as to AW!
Who the fuck do they think are?
Seem at some point or other to get linked woth almost everyone we area
and where the fuck do they get theor dosh from, shouldnt they be pulling that shit hole of a stadium down and buildinh an equally shit place to watch crap football

Japan Shaking All Over
30-07-2011, 10:25 AM
£15m for McCarthy? :lol:

Christ that's expensive.... done deal then.

3 cheers for Liverpools transfer policy. . .
best bit of biz since Glen Johnson!

Kano
30-07-2011, 10:27 AM
probably like the henderson deal; potentially that high figure but the initial payment is smaller with a lot of additional clauses.

apparently there is a 21 mill euro clause in mata contract that would mean valencia would have to sell to that bidder. although surely the player would have a say?

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 10:31 AM
1) Haven't seen him say that, have you got a quote where he says it?
2) He's a winger and neither Modric nor VDV play there, plus it won't stop Spurs signing him...they seem to have money to burn.

The price tag will be an issue for us, 20 million for a player can't see us spending that kind of cash, hope I'm wrong.

well if he is a winger they don't need him as they have bale and lennon paper talk tbh.

If we don't get him he'd stay where he is tbh

Toronto Gooner
30-07-2011, 12:29 PM
The adage just fuck off can be just as easily appilied to the scum as to AW!
Who the fuck do they think are?
Seem at some point or other to get linked woth almost everyone we area
and where the fuck do they get theor dosh from, shouldnt they be pulling that shit hole of a stadium down and buildinh an equally shit place to watch crap football
I seem to recall a series of articles earlier this summer that said that 'Arry had to sell before he could buy any new players.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho insists that Frenchman Karim Benzema is a better striker than this time a year ago.
The former Lyon (http://topics.skysports.com/lyon/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif man scored his second and third goals of Real's pre-season campaign as they beat Hertha Berlin (http://topics.skysports.com/Hertha+Berlin/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif 3-1 on Wednesday night.
Benzema says he has worked hard over the summer on his game and Mourinho (http://topics.skysports.com/Jose+Mourinho/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif believes he deserves some of the credit for the 23-year-old's improvement.
"Today, Karim thinks about football the way I do," the Portuguese tactician told Marca. "He has what it takes to produce a good season.
"He is much better than this time last year. I have succeeded in converting him."
TeamAnd Mourinho is also confident of improvement from the team as a whole, pointing to his past record as an indicator of what lies ahead.
Having taken over Porto midway through the 2001-02 season, he won the league the next year and added a further domestic title and the UEFA Champions League (http://topics.skysports.com/UEFA+Champions+League/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif in 2003-04.
He then left for Chelsea (http://topics.skysports.com/chelsea/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and added back-to-back Premier League titles during his successful spell at Stamford Bridge.
"Football is not mathematics and nobody can guarantee this will happen this season, but my second seasons are always better," he continued.
"The results of pre-season are not the most important thing. The good thing is taking shape. Winning is nice because you travel happier.
"It was good training for us because the league starts soon and we are gathering pace and intensity. After playing against American and Mexican teams, it has been good to come and play in Germany
http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/newreply.php?p=23457&noquote=1

Well thats should be that on Benzema tbh

Japan Shaking All Over
30-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Gotta admit it was good while it lasted!

I like Maureen, good manager and balls of iron
but I find understanding what he says is more difficult than an interview with Cantona

could be that he is ready to the complete opposite. . . .who Real after these days?

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Gotta admit it was good while it lasted!

I like Maureen, good manager and balls of iron
but I find understanding what he says is more difficult than an interview with Cantona

could be that he is ready to the complete opposite. . . .who Real after these days?

Ade and there was Neymar but it seems no one wants him anymore aftter him being poor at the Copa america tbh.

Maybe he is trying to drive up the Benzema price by saying all this.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 07:22 PM
talkSPORT's Spanish correspondent, Graham Hunter, claims that whilst the Valencia winger isn't desperate to leave the Mestalla he's keen on the Gunners.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/transfer-talk-show/blog/2011-07-30/hunter-mata-will-pick-arsenal-over-

aw needs to pull his finger out and fast

Özim
30-07-2011, 07:25 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/transfer-talk-show/blog/2011-07-30/hunter-mata-will-pick-arsenal-over-

aw needs to pull his finger out and fast
At the moment you have two categories of movement, one from zero to 10 million, and one from 30 to 50 million. We are in between.

That's why we can't bid for him, either that or it's media BS.

I find that if you want to sign a player, making an offer to the club is usually a wise thing to do, I could be wrong.

Master Splinter
30-07-2011, 07:28 PM
When Dennis Bendtner moves for a figure ranging from 0 to 10 million and Fabregas moves for a figure ranging from 30 to 50 million, it will unlock the portal to the 10 to 30 million zone.

Then we can buy Mata.

Quite simple really.

Özim
30-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Makes sense, you have to complete a few tasks before you can unlock everything in the game.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 07:40 PM
When Dennis Bendtner moves for a figure ranging from 0 to 10 million and Fabregas moves for a figure ranging from 30 to 50 million, it will unlock the portal to the 10 to 30 million zone.

Then we can buy Mata.

Quite simple really.

Since when was sense allowed in this thread

Unai Tea
30-07-2011, 08:30 PM
It seems bizarre that we can't spend Bendtner's £9m-10m until the deal is actually sealed. Hard to imagine we don't have cash reserves, loan facilities etc to be able to make one purchase until an intended sale actually goes through. Financial constipation it sounds like.

KSE Comedy Club
30-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Makes sense, you have to complete a few tasks before you can unlock everything in the game.
We should get in touch with Jill from resident evil, after all, she IS the master of unlocking.

Cripps_orig
30-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Has there ever been a more embarrassing summer for a football club?

Master Splinter
30-07-2011, 09:26 PM

Or a poster on a messageboard?

Cripps_orig
30-07-2011, 09:29 PM

The Ultimate, BiK etc

Master Splinter
30-07-2011, 09:29 PM
The Ultimate, BiK etc

Are those more of your aliases?

Cripps_orig
30-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Are those more of your aliases?

Nope, ive only ever had the one account on the old GW and this GW.

Unlike yourself of course

Kano
30-07-2011, 09:34 PM

yes, 2010

hodgson to liverpool

GP
30-07-2011, 09:43 PM

Cripps_orig
30-07-2011, 09:45 PM
yes, 2010

hodgson to liverpool

That wasnt to be known til months later though. At the time, everyone was delighted.

We however know this is embarassing now

Keith
30-07-2011, 09:50 PM
So Savage & Keown say:-

Distin or Jagielka,
Enrique,
Parker

But that wouldn't win us the league in their opinion.

I doubt we'll be signing a left back, I still think Parker would be a good addition but I think the only addition will be the CB, but I hope I'm wrong.

Kano
30-07-2011, 09:54 PM
That wasnt to be known til months later though. At the time, everyone was delighted.

We however know this is embarassing now

foresight or hindsight, it doesn't really matter.

there is no erasing that calamity.

Master Splinter
30-07-2011, 10:20 PM
So Savage & Keown say:-

Distin or Jagielka,
Enrique,
Parker

But that wouldn't win us the league in their opinion.

Enrique, Parker or Distin would lead us out of the top ten.

Grebbo
30-07-2011, 10:50 PM

Yes, last summer. Squilaci, Chamakh and Koscielny. Quite simply disgraceful.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Arsene Wenger has challenged Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri to show their commitment to Arsenal.

Fabregas has once again been linked with a move away from the Emirates with his boyhood heroes Barcelona reportedly hopeful of securing his services for the start of the new La Liga campaign.

Meanwhile, Nasri has refused to sign a new contract with the North London giants, with one year left on his current deal.

The French ace has been linked with a move to Premier League champions Manchester United and local rivals City, but Wenger has ruled out a move for the playmaker and is adamant he wants to keep him at the club until his deal expires.

Wenger spoke after watching his side blow a two-goal lead against Boca Juniors in the Emirates Cup on Saturday.

Committed
He said: "If Fabregas is committed to this club and wants to stay, no money will get him out of here.

"We are not in a position where we need to sell our players. We are not looking after money.

"He cares about this club and that's why I hope he can keep him."

Wenger continued: "Nasri needs to be committed as well.

"On the sporting side, he is an important player. We have to deal with the situation one way or another. In the next 10 days we have to be clear on that front."

Wenger insists that the Gunners are far from a club 'in crisis', adding: "Let's be relaxed. If you want to start a crisis before the start of the season I can understand that, but I don't see the need."

The Arsenal manager also confirmed striker Nicklas Bendtner and Emmanuel Eboue are both on the verge of moves away, although would not confirm the reported destinations of Sporting Lisbon and Galatasaray..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7071584,00.html

Best news i have heard in ages tbh

Cripps_orig
30-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Manager Harry Redknapp has revealed that Tottenham are ready to take on north London Premier League rivals Arsenal in the race to sign Valencia's Spain under-21 winger Juan Mata. (Agence France-Presse)Wouldn't be surprised if they beat us to him

Olivier's xmas twist
30-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if they beat us to him

Nah they have no chance over us Garham Hunter said on Talksport, we can offer he wants to come to us, its wether a deal can be done. tbh city are interested in him too tbh makes no diffrence what papers say tbh

Japan Shaking All Over
31-07-2011, 02:13 AM
yeah reckon you're right Charlie, but thank fuck we can offer CL football and an early taste of it at that.......sure Mata can't wait to lock horns with the likes of Limerick County in the prems!

seriously Spuds can get the fuck out!

Lets bury this one Wenger............................................ .................please:crying:

Sirjackofwilshere
31-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Guillame ballbag says we've agreed to buy Mata for 22 million and that actually we were after cazorla - having laid the groundwork all summer for that deal, Malaga trumped us with more money as we Dithered.

Cripps_orig
31-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Balague :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
31-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Guillame ballbag says we've agreed to buy Mata for 22 million and that actually we were after cazorla - having laid the groundwork all summer for that deal, Malaga trumped us with more money as we Dithered.

Malaga! ?
cant believe that, had he known we were serious about he, Cazola would have signed for them. . . .not with the transfer less than half way at the time. . . .surely we have more pulling power than a pub team like them. . . . .or maybe? ? ?

Grebbo
31-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Malaga are Spain's Man City

Niall_Quinn
31-07-2011, 11:07 AM
We fucked the Mata deal up unfortunately. Apparently it all fell apart when Wenger couldn't find a way to split the leftover penny on the bill three ways during the lunch that was supposed to secure the signature. I heard it was good natured but Mata had to leave for an appointment in Malaga when Wenger was only halfway through cutting with the hacksaw.

Japan Shaking All Over
31-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Malaga are Spain's Man City

had no idea.........actually didnt realise till recenty that PSG are dollared up too

Master Splinter
31-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Balague :lol:.

Why would we be after Cazorla on top of Mata when we already have Gervinho, Walcott, Arshavin, Ryo and Nasri?

Olivier's xmas twist
31-07-2011, 02:28 PM

Why would we be after Cazorla on top of Mata when we already have Gervinho, Walcott, Arshavin, Ryo and Nasri?

No we we never in for Mata just Cazorla and once he wen't we went after matter if that makes sense

milla
31-07-2011, 02:56 PM

Dont be too short sighted. Next season we are guaranteed to lose 2 AM in Arshavin and Rosicky. Yes they are no longer in our starting eleven but an important first team players / bench players nevertheless. Add Nasri to that list and we will be very short of AM. :coffee:

Toronto Gooner
31-07-2011, 04:50 PM
We fucked the Mata deal up unfortunately. Apparently it all fell apart when Wenger couldn't find a way to split the leftover penny on the bill three ways during the lunch that was supposed to secure the signature. I heard it was good natured but Mata had to leave for an appointment in Malaga when Wenger was only halfway through cutting with the hacksaw.
I sense a bit of humour and sarcasm in this post but has the Mata transfer ended?

McNamara That Ghost...
31-07-2011, 05:17 PM
No, the Malaga mention was originally to do with Cazorla, not Mata.

Niall_Quinn
31-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Obviously, striker needed. Doesn't really matter who - just anyone who can trap a ball and shoot at goal.

AKBapologist
01-08-2011, 01:29 AM
Is it just me or isn't it starting to look like sell to buy...

Elreactor
01-08-2011, 02:46 AM
Obviously, striker needed. Doesn't really matter who - just anyone who can trap a ball and shoot at goal.

No matter how good he is at shooting, he´ll be told no to.

In fact, the players should secretly decide that one of them always stays into the opposite goal, so others can actually shoot at goal, with the excuse that they´re passing the ball to the guy into it. That is the only way Wenger will allow his players to shoot at goal, until he notices the plot, of course.

:sleep:

Japan Shaking All Over
01-08-2011, 06:10 AM

this

LDG
01-08-2011, 06:14 AM
The waiting period is the time during which we're waiting for Barca to cough up before we go out and buy.

AKBapologist
01-08-2011, 07:23 AM
The waiting period is the time during which we're waiting for Barca to cough up before we go out and buy.
But arnt we rich and have loads of money to spend on signings?

LDG
01-08-2011, 08:14 AM
But arnt we rich and have loads of money to spend on signings?

No we aren't, and no we don't.

selassie
01-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Anybody know the latest on Mata?

Daily Mirror and a few other rags reckon we've agreed a 17million deal with Valencia, Balague claims we've signed him too.

LDG
01-08-2011, 09:37 AM

Daily Mirror and a few other rags reckon we've agreed a 17million deal with Valencia, Balague claims we've signed him too.

I think it's on. BBut my hunch is we're waiting on Barca.

AKBapologist
01-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Some on twitter have claimed that he may intend to stay with Valencia - signing a new contract with them.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-08-2011, 10:42 AM

Seems more or less a done deal, but id say we waiting for fab to move or agree a deal with barca before its completed.

AKBapologist
01-08-2011, 12:37 PM
@GuillemBalague: Mata's clause to sign player cheaper (20-23m euros) finished yesterday. Clubs agreed fee, player happy to go but money didnt arrive...

@GuillemBalague: Spurs tried to get him but he only wanted to go to Arsenal or Barcelona. Without Cesc money, Arsenal didnt want 2 pay.Now he costs 60m euros

So why would we need Cesc money if Wenger is sitting on top of a mountain of cash...

Grebbo
01-08-2011, 12:39 PM
@GuillemBalague: Mata's clause to sign player cheaper (20-23m euros) finished yesterday. Clubs agreed fee, player happy to go but money didnt arrive...

@GuillemBalague: Spurs tried to get him but he only wanted to go to Arsenal or Barcelona. Without Cesc money, Arsenal didnt want 2 pay.Now he costs 60m euros

So why would we need Cesc money if Wenger is sitting on top of a mountain of cash...

Maybe Wenger's realised that £20m would be better spent on some defenders.

Grebbo
01-08-2011, 12:39 PM

More like just looking to sell

AKBapologist
01-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Maybe Wenger's realised that £20m would be better spent on some defenders.
Where are they?

Grebbo
01-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Where are they?

Waiting period.

Ironing
01-08-2011, 01:41 PM

Haha, get your excuses in early Ballsack

Thought it was a done deal. What a prick

Toronto Gooner
01-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Waiting period.
How long is this waiting period?

Niall_Quinn
01-08-2011, 02:01 PM
How long is this waiting period?

It's the same length of time as one of our 2 week injuries.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-08-2011, 02:40 PM

probably some twitter rubbish tbh, have not seen thins anywhere else tbh

Master Splinter
01-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Balague :lol:

Cripps_orig
01-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Twitter :lol:14 year old kids on their holidays :lol:

AKBapologist
01-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Sid lowe and Graham hunter pretty much confirmed that we've more or less blown it.

Cripps_orig
01-08-2011, 03:54 PM
If it is true and we have fucked up the Mata transfer then Wenger should just fuck off now. Worst manager I've ever seen.

LDG
01-08-2011, 03:57 PM

Elreactor
01-08-2011, 04:06 PM
It can´t be true. Unless Gervinho and Jenknson actually cost thoose full 40M Wenger always has available to spend.

The thing about "saving" the money for a couple of defenders sounds reasonable though, but when is that going to happen either?

Again, this is all too stupid tobe true, must be only made up rumours.

Mr.Singh
01-08-2011, 05:10 PM
If this is true then this must be the final straw for wenger

Syn
01-08-2011, 05:17 PM

In terms of what?

Niall_Quinn
01-08-2011, 05:27 PM
In terms of what?

Breaking the camel's back. Literally. We'll have to actually get a camel and break its back, cruel but the only option open because Wenger is going nowhere.

Syn
01-08-2011, 05:32 PM
because Wenger is going nowhere.

Exactly. So fuck knows what you morons are on about.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-08-2011, 05:39 PM

That Balague Just came on Talksport and said its more lilkly Mata will stay in spain and get a better contract now and how him and club were waiting for us and we did not come.

Now we'd have to pay 30 million to get him instead of 23 Mill.

But who knows tommrow it could change again.

It seems liek we missed out on him if we were ever interested in the 1st place

GP
01-08-2011, 05:41 PM

Great post

The Realist
01-08-2011, 05:58 PM
If the source of Mata's deal collapsing is the La Liga expert Guilleme Balague I wouldn't be pay too much attention to it.

And you people have to be seriously deluded to believe that if we had agreed terms with him, we'd let his release clause run out and increase to a bigger fee- when fact shows that we are the most stingiest club in history.

I won't beleive anything until Wenger or arsenal.com confirms it tbf

Master Splinter
01-08-2011, 06:17 PM

Great post.

Alias
01-08-2011, 06:51 PM
If wenger fucks up this Mata deal... fucking hell

GP
01-08-2011, 06:53 PM
If wenger fucks up this Mata deal... fucking hell

Wenger doesn't sign the cheques you know...

Power n Glory
01-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Wenger doesn't sign the cheques you know...

Nope, but if he really wanted him, it would happen.

GP
01-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Well, sure, but if, as reported, the deal fell through because payment wasn't made in time, you can't really blame the guy who isn't in charge of the cheque book.

Well, you can, but it wouldn't make much sense.