PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Marc Overmars
17-08-2011, 10:41 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14563989.stm

Nasri almost gone then.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2011, 10:49 PM

Nasri almost gone then.

I wish they would pick who they want at the start of the transfer window instead of spreading it over the whole period. Or they could book their signings in advance, say in May, and we could have everything arranged for them by July.

Elreactor
17-08-2011, 10:53 PM
"Imagine the worst situation - we lose Fabregas and Nasri," stated Wenger. "You cannot convince people you are ambitious after that. You cannot pretend you are a big club.
"A big club holds onto its big players and gives a message out to all the other big clubs that they just cannot come in and take [players] away from you."

Still he is on the verge of achieving it (losing both). This man needs help.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2011, 10:59 PM

Nasri almost gone then.

Recycled Quotes tbh, Its telling nothing we did not know a month ago.

Still he is on the verge of achieving it (losing both). This man needs a slap

:gp:

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Still he is on the verge of achieving it (losing both). This man needs help.

We are a club that has mastered the worst case scenario. Last season, second and falling away, worst case scenario was third. We went one better. Beating Newcastle 4-0, worst case scenario... We knew the defence was shit, worst case scenario Wenger doesn't fix it. Were almost there. Worst case scenario, Nasri and Cesc both go, job done. And there are plenty of new lows out there for us to strive for.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2011, 11:11 PM
I think we'll sign someone next Thursday.

:good:

Özim
17-08-2011, 11:12 PM
So apparently we started negotiations on a new contract in December 2010....laughable to say the least, should have been done the summer before.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2011, 11:17 PM
So apparently we started negotiations on a new contract in December 2010....laughable to say the least, should have been done the summer before.

2011 it was probs just the bbc being shit again

Olivier's xmas twist
17-08-2011, 11:18 PM

Yeah AW's daughter as the tea lady/kit washer she's the cheap option you know

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2011, 11:26 PM

GW Sweepstake?

Bagsy we sign nobody!

KSE Comedy Club
17-08-2011, 11:29 PM
14 days left.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2011, 11:29 PM
GW Sweepstake?

Bagsy we sign nobody!

You'll have to wait until September 2nd to find out if you're right given how quickly Arsenal.com is updated.

Niall_Quinn
17-08-2011, 11:32 PM
You'll have to wait until September 2nd to find out if you're right given how quickly Arsenal.com is updated.

What is it with all these waiting periods?

McNamara That Ghost...
17-08-2011, 11:42 PM
What is it with all these waiting periods?

It's not a new Arsenal thing.

Cripps_orig
18-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Arsenal are holding meetings with Lazio striker Mauro Zarate, according to the player's agent and brother.Full story: talkSPORTWest Brom striker Peter Odemwingie has alerted Arsenal and Tottenham of his availability by declaring he would only quit the Baggies for a "top club".Full story: MetroHasn't Zarate played in England before? Also I take we are out of the running for Odemwingie if he only wants to join a top club

Japan Shaking All Over
18-08-2011, 03:23 AM
Also I take we are out of the running for Odemwingie if he only wants to join a top club

point taken.......but worth a punt considering that we are not going to spend big.......would work well! has pace and has proven (against us) can score (although its not every game you have the luck of facing Almunia)

remember thinking he was too old before.......can see how our youth policy has killed all my brain cells!!!! he's only 27 right?

Master Splinter
18-08-2011, 03:31 AM
he's only 27 right?

He's 30.

We should sign Tchoyi. He's a beast.

And Mulumbu.

And Brunt.

West Brom have a better squad than us :(.

But not really.

Marc Overmars
18-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Nasri should be done today according to the Manchester based SSN reporter this morning.

Syn
18-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Nasri should be done today according to the Manchester based SSN reporter this morning.

I can imagine the "you cannot convince people you are ambitious after that" quote is going to define wenger until he leaves.

Marc Overmars
18-08-2011, 08:31 AM
I can imagine the "you cannot convince people you are ambitious after that" quote is going to define wenger until he leaves.

Stick a fork in him, he's done.

Letters
18-08-2011, 08:43 AM
At the moment we aren't a big club. There's the big 3 (Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea) and the smaller pack of teams capable of getting the 4th champions league spot (Us, Liverpool, Tottenham).

We're a far bigger club than City. So are Spurs, while we're at it.
There's far more to being a big clu than having a sugar daddy and throwing silly money around.
Being a big club is about history and fan base and lots of things which City don't have.

KESSLER
18-08-2011, 08:44 AM
We are not an in-between club, we are a top, top club. We are in the in-between market. City, Chelsea, Utd and anyone else who finished above us are in the financial doping market. And we are in the waiting period. And nobody will be leaving the club, that is for sure.

Also, you have to factor in we're travelling on sweat whilst the others are on petrol

Marc Overmars
18-08-2011, 08:45 AM
But we're not a big club now according to our manager.

LDG
18-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Lesbo.

No room for lesbos. Credit to Arsene for rooting out the cross-dressers tbf.

Letters
18-08-2011, 08:49 AM

Well, you can if you buy to replace.

If we don't then...well, the only explanation I can think of is that the financial situation isn't as rosy as presented. I just don't believe Wenger would sell our best players without replacing unless there was something seriously going wrong at the club, something which I don't think it entirely all in his hands.

Grebbo
18-08-2011, 08:52 AM

If we don't then...well, the only explanation I can think of is that the financial situation isn't as rosy as presented. I just don't believe Wenger would sell our best players without replacing unless there was something seriously going wrong at the club, something which I don't think it entirely all in his hands.

I thought you'd seen the light!!

Did you not see him say he'd spend £40m on one player two days ago?

Syn
18-08-2011, 08:55 AM

I think even if wenger was thinking to buy some great players (as opposed to a couple of promising semi-proven-in-a-shit-league) it would be nearly impossible now because no good club is going to let their star players leave so close to the start of their season.

KSE Comedy Club
18-08-2011, 08:55 AM
http://www.cleansheetsallround.co.uk/2011/08/arsenal-set-to-finally-spend-big-on-26m-ligue-1-star

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is set to meet Lille’s £26m asking price for their attacking midfielder Eden Hazard, according to L’Equipe.

The French publication claims that Ligue 1 outfit Lille are bracing themselves for an approach from Arsenal who could be finally set to spend big and break their record transfer fee.

The Gunners have already snapped up Hazard’s former team mate Gervinho and now the Belgian is heading the list of priorities for Wenger.

Meanwhile, with Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri set to leave the Emirates, Mexican Carlos Vela has also left the club to join Real Sociedad on a season-long loan.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/arsenal-in-talks-with-agent-over-18m-deal-for-lazio-striker-10085/

The agent of Lazio striker Mauro Zarate is reportedly in London to hold talks with Arsenal and Tottenham over a possible move to the Premier League for his client.

According to Corriere dello Sport, the Argentina international's brother and agent Sergio Zarate was in London on Tuesday for discussions with the Gunners and it is thought they are his preferred choice.

It is also claimed Tottenham are keen on Zarate with manager Harry Redknapp eager to hold discussions over a possible move.

Redknapp's main priority this summer is the signing of a top-class striker following the shortcomings of his current forwards last season. They managed just 18 league goals between them and while Spurs are determined to sign a new striker, they are restricted by financial limitations.

Missing out on the Champions League means they have not spent in the off-season but they do have the option to sell Luka Modric to Chelsea and use the reported £30m to reinvest in the squad.

However, Arsenal are reportedly favourties for his signature with £18m-rated Zarate being lined up as a possible replacement for the exit-bound Nicklas Bendtner.

The 24-year-old, who has previous Premier League experience with Birmingham City, could be set to leave Lazio after the club's sporting director Igli Tare failed to confirm he would be saying.

He said: “Zarate’s future? We’ll see what happens.”

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/bolton-wanderers-fc/1210249-bolton-wanderers-target-arsenal-defender.html

According to reports Arsenal defender Ignasi Miquel is interesting Bolton Wanderers.

It is understood that the young Gunner has been linked with Wanderers.

However, it seems Wanderers boss Owen Coyle will face competition from League Two side Crewe Alexandra.

The Daily Mail claims Arsenal's young Spanish defender is a loan target for Crewe boss Dario Gradi.

The 19-year-old is captain of Arsenal's reserves team.

I wonder if there is still a chance of a player plus cash deal for Cahill, if they reall want Miquel?

Letters
18-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Did you not see him say he'd spend £40m on one player two days ago?

He said he would if it was the right player, not just for the same of spending that much.
Whether he's able to...I dunno. I thought our financials were OK but Wenger clearly can't think our squad is good enough. The idea that someone as good as he clearly is not being able to see which every single fan can see is ludicrous. Something else is going on IMO.

Özim
18-08-2011, 09:04 AM

The lengths you go to defend this guy.

He's made some amateur errors before, for example not playing Arshavin in the cup, sticking with calamities for years.....you'd think he was some sort of genius the way you talk about him sometimes.

He doesn't like spending money, his youth policy and complaints about other clusb and their finances pretty much points to that.

Just look at some of the stuff he comes out with as well, he may not be an idiot but he certainly acts like one.

Özim
18-08-2011, 09:07 AM
He said he would if it was the right player, not just for the same of spending that much.
Whether he's able to...I dunno. I thought our financials were OK but Wenger clearly can't think our squad is good enough. The idea that someone as good as he clearly is not being able to see which every single fan can see is ludicrous. Something else is going on IMO.
Is it ludicrous though?

We've known our problems for a long time, yet he's never really addressed them adequately, he's always gone for unknown option which in recent years has gone badly. We need some height to deal with high balls and yet he signs players who are short in relative terms, we need leadership and yet he totally avoids signing players with leadership skills, we need some power and more of a physical presence and yet he signs small technical players all the time.

Seems to me he's on a crusade to prove others wrong and won't do what is logical and what others say because he doesn't want to admit it's not worked out.

Letters
18-08-2011, 09:08 AM
The lengths you go to defend this guy.

I've said he should have been sacked last season.

</discussion>

Özim
18-08-2011, 09:10 AM
I've said he should have been sacked last season.

</discussion>
In passing perhaps, but most of the stuff you says totally contradicts this.

If you truly believed it you wouldn't try and deflect the attention off him so much, if he should have been sacked it's because he's not doing a good job end of, if he's not then signing the wrong players is part of that.

He's wasted a lot of money on kids and unknows, money he could have spent on quality players.

Letters
18-08-2011, 09:18 AM
In passing perhaps

No, said it lots of times and I'm still saying it.
If you're going to tell me I don't really mean it and that you know better than me what I think then there's no point in talking.

Özim
18-08-2011, 09:19 AM
No, said it lots of times and I'm still saying it.
If you're going to tell me I don't really mean it and that you know better than me what I think then there's not point in talking.
Well that doesn't make a lot of sense, you want him sacked yet you defend him at almost every opportunity.

You don't really defend a manager you want sacked...for the simple reason that the fact you want him out by definition means you think he's doing a bad job and is to blame for the troubles.

Letters
18-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Well that doesn't make a lot of sense, you want him sacked yet you defend him at almost every opportunity.

I'll defend him when I think people are being far too disrespecful about a man who has transformed this club and we've done things under him I never thought I'd see my club do. I'll always have respect for him and am grateful to him for the good times. The side of the early noughties were one of the best club sides I've seen.

He should have been sacked for the collapse last season and it's sad how he's tainting his legacy. That doesn't mean I think he's the stupidest person in the world and that everything he does is wrong and he should be hammered for everything. So yes, I can defend someone who I think should have been sacked.

LDG
18-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Simple fact is, not ALL of this is down to Wenger. The board are just as culpable, and I have a feeling our new owner is even more so.

You can blame Wenger for buying trash like Squillacci and Chamakh, but don't forget he also bought Vermaelen and Nasri and Cesc etc etc. He makes some errors, and the fact that he didn't sure up CB when TV5 was out, and Squid was stinking the place out is unforgivable....as was the Almunia situation.

His tactics have left a lot to be desired. Putting faith in youth in big games, and naively / stubbornly / unprofessionally sticking to his guns when it's clear to all what needs to be done in certain situations.

It was his fault for the loss of mental strength within the side, and his fault for not demanding / seeking much needed back up at the crunch time last season.

All that said. There are CLEARLY financial issues here. I firmly believe that SOME of what Wenger is doing, is to serve the club long term, and sacrificing some of his integrity for the sake of the clubs future.

I garuntee that the next manager will be a good one, and that they'll have funds, and that they will have NONE of the pressure AW has had throughout the current period of debt and financial prudence. And I think the debt will be gone when the new manager takes over.

Some corners of the fanbase will point and say "see, Wenger lost the plot and was shit". But anyone with common sense, or respect for a CLEARLY decent manager, will know that he has sacrificed his best years (to a degree, I add) for the sake of the club. I'm still convinced he's a winner, and someone who is passionate about his team. He has done things wrong, but he's also done a lot right.

There is a middle ground.

But it is quite inexcusable the way we collapsed last year, as the majority of that was down to our boss.

Letters
18-08-2011, 09:40 AM
That. :good:

server too busy!
18-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Apparently Willian wants to come to us as well.

I make that Willian, Hazard, Moussa Sow, Cahill, Mertseckar, Zarate....buy some of them at least! Although I can't see Hazard or Willian coming as we have an abundance of wingers now.

Daniele
18-08-2011, 09:50 AM
what we saw the other night v.Udinese has shown all our weaknesses.

- Lack of a great CB to play alongside Vermalen. AW says he has four, but Squillaci is not up to it and Djourou and Kos aren't world class defenders. yes, he has 4, but most of them are bad.

- Lack of a deputy LB, and that surprises me as we all know Gibbs is injury-prone.

- Lack of leadership in midfiled. Even someone like Parker would be welcome.

- Lack of a reliable striker in case RVP gets injuried. Chamakh is nauseating. Campbell too young.

ATM we are a team which could end up between 7th and 10th.

Flavs
18-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Simple fact is, not ALL of this is down to Wenger. The board are just as culpable, and I have a feeling our new owner is even more so.

You can blame Wenger for buying trash like Squillacci and Chamakh, but don't forget he also bought Vermaelen and Nasri and Cesc etc etc. He makes some errors, and the fact that he didn't sure up CB when TV5 was out, and Squid was stinking the place out is unforgivable....as was the Almunia situation.

His tactics have left a lot to be desired. Putting faith in youth in big games, and naively / stubbornly / unprofessionally sticking to his guns when it's clear to all what needs to be done in certain situations.

It was his fault for the loss of mental strength within the side, and his fault for not demanding / seeking much needed back up at the crunch time last season.

All that said. There are CLEARLY financial issues here. I firmly believe that SOME of what Wenger is doing, is to serve the club long term, and sacrificing some of his integrity for the sake of the clubs future.

I garuntee that the next manager will be a good one, and that they'll have funds, and that they will have NONE of the pressure AW has had throughout the current period of debt and financial prudence. And I think the debt will be gone when the new manager takes over.

Some corners of the fanbase will point and say "see, Wenger lost the plot and was shit". But anyone with common sense, or respect for a CLEARLY decent manager, will know that he has sacrificed his best years (to a degree, I add) for the sake of the club. I'm still convinced he's a winner, and someone who is passionate about his team. He has done things wrong, but he's also done a lot right.

But it is quite inexcusable the way we collapsed last year, as the majority of that was down to our boss.

and another thing"! the longer we leave it into the window to buy the less able to get in replacements the other teams are, which will make them less likely to accept any offers/push the price up.

This summer so far? Bag O'shite

Ironing
18-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Wenger - We can cope without signing

“I would not see it as a missed opportunity,” said Wenger.

“I focus on my squad and I feel we have 22, 23 outfield players who can cope with what we need.

“Vermaelen looks to be making good progress, Squillaci is back available, so that was the only position we were short, at centre-backs.

“If I don't make any signings it is because I have not identified a special player who could strengthen our squad at the moment.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-can-cope-without-signing

I_Killed_Kenny
18-08-2011, 10:06 AM
WTF, summer started of saying we would be very active in the market and now it comes to this??? WTF WTF WTF!!! am gna sit under my desk at work and start rocking back and forth!

Syn
18-08-2011, 10:06 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-can-cope-without-signing Nice try.

Injury Time
18-08-2011, 10:08 AM
About time fans broke out the "I've shown you my money let's see you spend it!" banners :sulk: *

* yes need to think of something more punchy anyone here write headlines for The Sun?

LDG
18-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Nice try.

Ooooh. The little tinker.

To think I got sucked in.

Grebbo
18-08-2011, 10:12 AM

He even dares to mention Squilacci's name

:haha:

I hope he doesn't sign anyone and we crash and burn. It's the only way we're going to get shot of him.

Hopefully by January if it all goes the way I think it's gonna go.

Grebbo
18-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Nice try.

Damn!

Still applies though.

LDG
18-08-2011, 10:13 AM
You too huh??

:(

Injury Time
18-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Didn't have you down as a WUM, article from January :rolleyes:

I_Killed_Kenny
18-08-2011, 10:17 AM
haha i can get back out from under my desk now! tbh it worked cos it was downright possible this happening!!!

Justhandguns
18-08-2011, 10:31 AM
WTF, summer started of saying we would be very active in the market and now it comes to this??? WTF WTF WTF!!! am gna sit under my desk at work and start rocking back and forth!

Well, technically speaking, he is right, we are actively selling, just that we are not buying.............. we are still actively losing players.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 10:33 AM

You have got away with it if the date never said Jan 2011

StamfordBrdige
18-08-2011, 10:43 AM

Fuck me and all. So now he's a fucking martyr. ***** please.

The dude has a good track record of doing some weird and dumb stuff. Like not playing arshavin in the cup to prove that the other players could win without him (funny enough they lost). I know of no other case where a manager has done something so silly in a major stage of a cup competition.

This is what i mean. The dude makes daft decisions and people start scrambling for excuses instead of seeing what the fuck is right in front of them. Everything the dude has been saying and doing + your financials shows clearly that AW is the one responsible for where your team finds itself.

The same fucking thing happened when you sold Toure & ade to city. 1st it was all "he has to spend now cos the money is there" and when he didn't people started making dumbass excuses for him about money not being there. Financials came out a few weeks later and guess, money wasn't the issue. Your next set of financials are due soon enough and as sure as fuck people will look at them and still say there is no money.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 10:45 AM

You don't really defend a manager you want sacked...for the simple reason that the fact you want him out by definition means you think he's doing a bad job and is to blame for the troubles.

So having an Opionin on someone you like means your defending them. ust because you hate the man don't mean anyone who says something positive is defending him.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 10:48 AM

The dude has a good track record of doing some weird and dumb stuff. Like not playing arshavin in the cup to prove that the other players could win without him (funny enough they lost). I know of no other case where a manager has done something so silly in a major stage of a cup competition.

This is what i mean. The dude makes daft decisions and people start scrambling for excuses instead of seeing what the fuck is right in front of them. Everything the dude has been saying and doing + your financials shows clearly that AW is the one responsible for where your team finds itself.

The same fucking thing happened when you sold Toure & ade to city. 1st it was all "he has to spend now cos the money is there" and when he didn't people started making dumbass excuses for him about money not being there. Financials came out a few weeks later and guess, money wasn't the issue. Your next set of financials are due soon enough and as sure as fuck people will look at them and still say there is no money.

You say This shit like you know what goes on in the Arsenal boardroom. Looks can be deceiving you know.

Fats
18-08-2011, 10:48 AM
At one time we compared Wenger with Ferguson

Today the coparison is not even close

LDG
18-08-2011, 10:51 AM

Go back and read it again. I said clearly he's made real errors.

I didn't say money wasn't there.

It's whether he's allowed to spend it.

And are you able to tell me exactly what our board want to spend money on???

No??

Oh.

Thanks anyway.

Boss
18-08-2011, 10:59 AM
He's allowed to spend it.

/discussion

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Oh right. He any good?

Twente star Bryan Ruiz has revealed that Fulham have made a move for him and he would be keen to switch to Craven Cottage.

The highly-rated Costa Rican had been strongly linked with Tottenham and Harry Redknapp admitted his interest, although added he was not a top priority.

However, Ruiz has now revealed that a deal with Fulham could be on the cards.

Ruiz told De Telegraaf: "Fulham is a serious option for me.

"That is also a Premier League side and it is a fantastic league.

"Fulham already contacted my agent. If Fulham does become serious, we will definitely talk."

Ruiz has been linked with a number of clubs this summer, but he insists he is not worried about his future.

"It makes no sense to worry, because I can't do anything about it," he said.

"Of course I want a step forward, but believe me I don't have any problems for a longer stay at FC Twente. FC Twente is a fantastic club."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11915_7109066,00.html

StamfordBrdige
18-08-2011, 11:00 AM

No??

Oh.

Thanks anyway.

What the actual fuck?

So now he's not allowed to spend the money. Funny that as they didn't mind him spunking a whole load of money on some kid from league one. Weird shit where they object to him signing experienced pros but don't mind him going crazy with the chequebook when it comes to inexperienced kids from the lower leagues.

In what way does that make any kind of fucking sense.

LDG
18-08-2011, 11:01 AM
He's allowed to spend it.

/discussion

Oh he certainly is now.

/thanks

Boss
18-08-2011, 11:02 AM
What the actual fuck?

So now he's not allowed to spend the money. Funny that as they didn't mind him spunking a whole load of money on some kid from league one. Weird shit where they object to him signing experienced pros but don't mind him going crazy with the chequebook when it comes to inexperienced kids from the lower leagues.

Pretty much.

Özim
18-08-2011, 11:04 AM
It's not the boards fault Wenger has p*ssed money up the wall on kids and nobodies who haven't worked out. It's not their fault he thinks the squad should all be paid similar amounts either, or that these super quality players he refers to happen to be super sh*t.

The board is certainly to blame for a lot of things, but not for Wenger's incompetence in the transfer market or indeed tactically.

LDG
18-08-2011, 11:04 AM
What the actual fuck?

Did I say anything about the here and now??

It's fucking OBVIOUS we have money to spend. And I believe it will be spent. Whether he spends it right is on his neck, and his alone.

If you read anything I say on these boards, you'll know I have castigated the stubborn cunt more than enough times.

But I'm not laying all the blame at his door, because it is damn fucking obvious that he does not have final say on everything. Not a chance in hell he does.

You're not reading a thing I've said.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 11:05 AM

No??

Oh.

Thanks anyway.

:bow: LDG

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 11:06 AM
It's not the boards fault Wenger has p*ssed money up the wall on kids and nobodies who haven't worked out. It's not their fault he thinks the squad should all be paid similar amounts either, or that these super quality players he refers to happen to be super sh*t.

The board is certainly to blame for a lot of things, but not for Wenger's incompetence in the transfer market or indeed tactically.

Are they not the idiots who give him the money to spend, do you think he never told PHW and Ivan that he was going to buy These kids cause they all know.

They are as much to blame for him buying kids. If they were not happy with it why have they not challenged him or sacked him.

Boss
18-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Remember that Wenger is a man who turned down Real Madrid because he didn't want the lack of power he'd have there.

Remember that Wenger is a man who vetted his own boss.

He's probably the most powerful (in terms of lack of restrictions) manager in England.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Remember that Wenger is a man who turned down Real Madrid because he didn't want the lack of power he'd have there.

Remember that Wenger is a man who vetted his own boss.

He's probably the most powerful (in terms of lack of restrictions) manager in England.

TBF even the best of managers struffle at madrid look at old Jose, so don't blame AW for not wanting to go there tbh.

Agree he may have a bit much power over here but nothing the board can't handle.

StamfordBrdige
18-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Did I say anything about the here and now??

It's fucking OBVIOUS we have money to spend. And I believe it will be spent. Whether he spends it right is on his neck, and his alone.

If you read anything I say on these boards, you'll know I have castigated the stubborn cunt more than enough times.

But I'm not laying all the blame at his door, because it is damn fucking obvious that he does not have final say on everything. Not a chance in hell he does.

You're not reading a thing I've said.

What exactly do you mean by the bit in bold? I'm talking about player recruitment and nothing else.

Are you saying the board tells AW who to sign or not sign?

GP
18-08-2011, 11:14 AM
What exactly do you mean by the bit in bold? I'm talking about player recruitment and nothing else.

Of course they would have an input. Wenger doesn't sign the cheques, does he?

LDG
18-08-2011, 11:15 AM
It seems pretty obvious to me, and to all and sundry that the clubs focus from board level is to secure ECL, spend little (they'll say wisely, but that's clearly not true), pay off the debt in big lumps, and leave Wenger to do what he does.

Now. Wenger is on board with this. But he doesn't bloody have the final say in what we spend. He gets a budget, and whether he chooses to spend that on signings, or wage hikes or anything on the pitch is his decision. He has bollocksed it up in a lot of ways....but then again, he was the one who bought Nasri, boughts Cesc, bought Vieira etc etc etc....they're pretty decent players IIRC.

So. What are we left with?? A board who has final say over what is spent. A set agenda (regardless of what we have in the bank), with a future debt-free period when a new manager will come in and have lots of fluffy lovely wonga to spend.

I'm saying that Wenger has sacrificed quite a bit. I mean, he's sucking all this shit up is he not, regardless of the good things he's done?? He'll know he deserves it for some of the tinkering, I have no doubt. So is it because he's selfish and arrogant and lost the plot??? Or is it because we're a well run business, where he plays his part, and will forsake some credibility to meet those demands??

Like I said. There's a middle ground. And some people don't seem to see that.

LDG
18-08-2011, 11:16 AM

See my last post. #5079

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 11:18 AM
It seems pretty obvious to me, and to all and sundry that the clubs focus from board level is to secure ECL, spend little (they'll say wisely, but that's clearly not true), pay off the debt in big lumps, and leave Wenger to do what he does. Now. Wenger is on board with this. But he doesn't bloody have the final say in what we spend. He gets a budget, and whether he chooses to spend that on signings, or wage hikes or anything on the pitch is his decision. He has bollocksed it up in a lot of ways....but then again, he was the one who bought Nasri, boughts Cesc, bought Vieira etc etc etc....they're pretty decent players IIRC.

So. What are we left with?? A board who has final say over what is spent. A set agenda (regardless of what we have in the bank), with a future debt-free period when a new manager will come in and have lots of fluffy lovely wonga to spend.

I'm saying that Wenger has sacrificed quite a bit. I mean, he's sucking all this shit up is he not, regardless of the good things he's done?? He'll know he deserves it for some of the tinkering, I have no doubt. So is it because he's selfish and arrogant and lost the plot??? Or is it because we're a well run business, where he plays his part, and will forsake some credibility to meet those demands??

:gp:

Since when was Sense allowed in this thread

Grebbo
18-08-2011, 11:20 AM
It seems pretty obvious to me, and to all and sundry that the clubs focus from board level is to secure ECL, spend little (they'll say wisely, but that's clearly not true), pay off the debt in big lumps, and leave Wenger to do what he does.

Where did you get that from? My understanding is our stadium debt repayments are the same every year and we don't over pay (the only loan we did settle early was for the Highbury flats).

LDG
18-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Where did you get that from? My understanding is our stadium debt repayments are the same every year and we don't over pay (the only loan we did settle early was for the Highbury flats).

My understanding of big lumps is 25million a year....but there we go!

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 11:25 AM
1206: Football-manchester united are to sell off a significant stake in the club in singapore to partly pay off their £515million debts, bbc sports editor david bond reports. It is understood the club have now lodged a listing application with the singapore stock exchange and could float by november.

1201: Football- the liverpool echo reports that liverpool striker david ngog is close to a £4m move to bolton. The deal is not linked to the reds' attempts to sign defender gary cahill from the reebok

bbc

StamfordBrdige
18-08-2011, 11:26 AM

Now. Wenger is on board with this. But he doesn't bloody have the final say in what we spend. He gets a budget, and whether he chooses to spend that on signings, or wage hikes or anything on the pitch is his decision. He has bollocksed it up in a lot of ways....but then again, he was the one who bought Nasri, boughts Cesc, bought Vieira etc etc etc....they're pretty decent players IIRC.

The bit in bold is the crucial thing here. He gets a budget just like SAF, King Kenny etc. The difference is that he spends it on kids and has no problems paying a shitload for kids but seems to be against paying similar amounts for experienced PL players. This is his own doing and no one else's.

Grebbo
18-08-2011, 11:27 AM

Well yeah but the Cesc and Nasri money is new money and wont be used to pay down the debt.

So he has at least £50m to spend.

If only he could find the right players. Oh well.

StamfordBrdige
18-08-2011, 11:29 AM

Yes and you were able to meet those repayments while at highbury which was a much smaller stadium and didn't bring in anywhere as much money as the emirates does.

It's like me making a salary of £15,000 a year and paying rent of £400 a month. I then get a job paying £25,000 a year and moan to my friend that i dont have any money cos my rent is too high even though i'm still living in the same £400 a month flat. WTF? Clearly the rent is not the reason i don't have any money cos my wages has gone up by 66% while my rent has stayed the same.

Özim
18-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Are they not the idiots who give him the money to spend, do you think he never told PHW and Ivan that he was going to buy These kids cause they all know.

They are as much to blame for him buying kids. If they were not happy with it why have they not challenged him or sacked him.
I know they know, but a board don't tell a manager who to buy, that's down to him...they've said they're 100% behind him so they're hardly going to overrule him since they believe in his cr*p (that's due to the money though).

They're not to blame for buying kids no, they are to blame for only caring about money though.

Özim
18-08-2011, 11:31 AM

He's sucking up all this sh*t you say? Get the violins out.

Not too bad when you get 6 million a year, plenty of people would take the job in a heartbeat. Noone is forcing him to stickaround.

LDG
18-08-2011, 11:32 AM
The bit in bold is the crucial thing here. He gets a budget just like SAF, King Kenny etc. The difference is that he spends it on kids and has no problems paying a shitload for kids but seems to be against paying similar amounts for experienced PL players. This is his own doing and no one else's.

Yeah, and if you read my next sentence:

He has bollocksed it up in a lot of ways

And then go back and read what you said about my first post....and then go through it all again reading properly. You may, MAY come to the conclusion that I am not sucking up to Wenger.

But I'll leave that to you in your spare time, as you're obviously far to excited right now.

Put the jelly tots down.

LDG
18-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Well yeah but the Cesc and Nasri money is new money and wont be used to pay down the debt.

So he has at least £50m to spend.

If only he could find the right players. Oh well.

My God.

How many times have I said in the last few months that he must spend!! Jesus Christ.

Cripps_orig
18-08-2011, 11:34 AM
My God.

How many times have I said in the last few months that he must spend!! Jesus Christ.

Too expensive and probably a bit too old for Wenger to buy tbh

Cripps_orig
18-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Just out of curiousity, where are the "wait til July 1st" brigade on here?

Have they changed to the "wait til August 31st" brigade?

Fats
18-08-2011, 11:38 AM

Ha ha exactly the Wengerits are so deluded.

Özim
18-08-2011, 11:39 AM

Just like recent years that changes as Wenger makes up more BS.

He's been doing it for years and the same excuses about waiting for the end of the window, waiting till January etc etc get repeated.

Joker
18-08-2011, 11:41 AM
It'll become "wait until January 31st" now, even though by the time we get to the winter transfer window we'll probably be in a precarious position in the league, making it even less likely that top players will want to come to our club.

StamfordBrdige
18-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Yeah, and if you read my next sentence:

And then go back and read what you said about my first post....and then go through it all again reading properly. You may, MAY come to the conclusion that I am not sucking up to Wenger.

But I'll leave that to you in your spare time, as you're obviously far to excited right now.

Put the jelly tots down.

I never said you are sucking up to AW.

I'm not a fan of jelly tots btw. Vanilla flavoured lollipops ftw:cool:

AKBapologist
18-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Liverpool agree fee for Cahill, £10 +Ngog and Sterling on loan. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
18-08-2011, 11:43 AM

Ngog is shit and Sterling is unknown.

Why cant we give them Vela and some young kid on loan with £10m?

StamfordBrdige
18-08-2011, 11:44 AM

:haha::haha::haha:

Joker
18-08-2011, 11:44 AM

:ilt:

Well done Wenger, this is what happens when you penny pinch; other more ambitious clubs take the lead and put their money where their mouth is. Wenger probably thought he'd wait until the last day of the transfer window to get the price down, like he did with Arshavin, but it's bitten him in the backside this time, and he deserves it.

Kano
18-08-2011, 11:45 AM

where's that from?

Cripps_orig
18-08-2011, 11:45 AM
We still have Toto tbh

Joker
18-08-2011, 11:46 AM
We still have Toto tbh

Miquel can play there as well you know :wenger:

Cripps_orig
18-08-2011, 11:46 AM
where's that from?

Knowing AKB like i dont, id say some 14 year old off Twitter

Japan Shaking All Over
18-08-2011, 11:47 AM

Please tell me this rumour is as believable as anything about us buying Mata is!

heard 4 milfor Ngog plus 10 doesnt even cover his buy out clause
dont tell me the loanee swings it for them

AKBapologist
18-08-2011, 11:49 AM
where's that from?
Twitter via http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3758681/Liverpool-close-on-a-deal-for-Boltons-Gary-Cahill.html?
Not sure if it's on SSN yet though.

LDG
18-08-2011, 11:50 AM

That did get a lol tbf.

AKBapologist
18-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Please tell me this rumour is as believable as anything about us buying Mata is!

heard 4 milfor Ngog plus 10 doesnt even cover his buy out clause
dont tell me the loanee swings it for them
I think the buy out clause was just a bargining position, was clearly never going to be bought for £17mill on final year of his contract. I reckon a £13mill bid would have been enough.

Kano
18-08-2011, 11:51 AM
so no fee agreed then?

Flavs
18-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Liverpool and Bolton confirm the Ngog deal isnt realated in anyway to Liverpools alleged pursuit of Gary Cahill.

:rolleyes:

Also QPR have bid $4mil for Scott Parker, why cant we do that???

I_Killed_Kenny
18-08-2011, 12:01 PM
cos we're tight!

McNamara That Ghost...
18-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Liverpool and Bolton confirm the Ngog deal isnt realated in anyway to Liverpools alleged pursuit of Gary Cahill.

:rolleyes:

Also QPR have bid $4mil for Scott Parker, why cant we do that???

We deal in £'s. :good:

Ironing
18-08-2011, 12:17 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/wengerknowsbest/status/104158240509669376

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 12:19 PM

No they have not agrred a deal for Cahill you don't even have a link

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2011, 12:40 PM
We deal in £'s. :good:

Mostly Euros actually, that's what the buying clubs tend to pay us in.

AKBapologist
18-08-2011, 12:48 PM
No they have not agrred a deal for Cahill you don't even have a link
It appears that way, apologies.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Mostly Euros actually, that's what the buying clubs tend to pay us in.

Those buying clubs tend to be outside of the UK, or Barcelona as we like to call them.

Ironing
18-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Hey guys, do we not want Hangelaand anymore? Too last summer?

Is it just Cahill/Samba these days?

I wonder who's the next player the media will make the fans want

AKBapologist
18-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Summary with 13 days to go.

Going
Nasri - £20,000,000-£25,000,000 - Man City
Bentdner - +£11,000,000 - PSG, Stoke, Newcastle and others
Alumina - ??? - Galatasary and others

Gone
Cesc Fabregas - Undisclosed - Barcelona
Emmanuel Eboue - Undisclosed - Galatasaray
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Undisclosed - Ipswich Town
Gael Clichy - Undisclosed - Manchester City
Mark Randall - Free Transfer - Chesterfield
Thomas Cruise - Released
Jens Lehmann - Retired

Loans
Carlos Vela - On Loan - Real Sociedad
Pedro Botelho - On Loan - Rayo Vallecano
Kyle Bartley - On Loan - Rangers
James Shea - On Loan Dagenham & Redbridge
Denilson - On Loan - Sao Paulo

Arrived
Alex Chamberlain - £ 12,000,000 - Southampton
Joel Campbell - £930,000 - Saprissa
Carl Jenkinson - Undisclosed - Charlton Athletic
Gervinho - Undisclosed - Lille
Ryo Miyachi - Free - Chūkyōdai Chūkyō High School

If I were to stick my neck out and speculate on transfers.... I would guess that we'll sign (if we are to sign any one at all):
Mertersacker (Cahill 99% unlikely but next most likely)
Mauro Zarate (meh) or Moussa Sow
M'Villa
A winger or CAM not named Mata (Hazard 99% unlikely but most likely given transfer noise, others may include Willan, Kawaiga)

But there's been so little solid news of anything moving that I wouldn't be surprised if no one came. We're in uncharted territory and almost anything can happen as far as transfers in are concerned tbh.

LDG
18-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Summary with 13 days to go.

Going
Nasri - £20,000,000-£25,000,000 - Man City
Bentdner - +£11,000,000 - PSG, Stoke, Newcastle and others
Alumina - ??? - Galatasary and others

Gone
Cesc Fabregas - Undisclosed - Barcelona
Emmanuel Eboue - Undisclosed - Galatasaray
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Undisclosed - Ipswich Town
Gael Clichy - Undisclosed - Manchester City
Mark Randall - Free Transfer - Chesterfield
Thomas Cruise - Released
Jens Lehmann - Retired

Loans
Carlos Vela - On Loan - Real Sociedad
Pedro Botelho - On Loan - Rayo Vallecano
Kyle Bartley - On Loan - Rangers
James Shea - On Loan Dagenham & Redbridge
Denilson - On Loan - Sao Paulo

Arrived
Alex Chamberlain - £ 12,000,000 - Southampton
Joel Campbell - £930,000 - Saprissa
Carl Jenkinson - Undisclosed - Charlton Athletic
Gervinho - Undisclosed - Lille
Ryo Miyachi - Free - Chūkyōdai Chūkyō High School

If I were to stick my neck out and speculate on transfers.... I would guess that we'll sign (if we are to sign any one at all):
Mertersacker (Cahill 99% unlikely but next most likely)
Mauro Zarate (meh) or Moussa Sow
M'Villa
A winger or CAM not named Mata (Hazard 99% unlikely but most likely given transfer noise, others may include Willan, Kawaiga)

But there's been so little solid news of anything moving that I wouldn't be surprised if no one came. We're in uncharted territory and almost anything can happen as far as transfers in are concerned tbh.

Chūkyōdai Chūkyō High School :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
18-08-2011, 01:31 PM
I think the buy out clause was just a bargining position, was clearly never going to be bought for £17mill on final year of his contract. I reckon a £13mill bid would have been enough.

then lets bid that ffs, its cheaper than what Everton are holding out for Jags for

I_Killed_Kenny
18-08-2011, 01:37 PM
we must observe the waiting period 1st though

Japan Shaking All Over
18-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Chūkyōdai Chūkyō High School :bow:

know it well. . .planning to send the son there. . .sure way to free season tickets

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Hey guys, do we not want Hangelaand anymore? Too last summer?

Is it just Cahill/Samba these days?

I wonder who's the next player the media will make the fans want

Damn it! The media has tricked us all into thinking we need better players than Squillaci, Djourou and Koscielny? Boy, I feel dumb now. Stupid media.

Hangelaand isn't available is he? I'd easily have him over anyone we have right now. But it really looks like Wenger isn't interested in getting anyone at all, not at CB anyway.

Ironing
18-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Damn it! The media has tricked us all into thinking we need better players than Squillaci, Djourou and Koscielny? Boy, I feel dumb now. Stupid media.

Hangelaand isn't available is he? I'd easily have him over anyone we have right now. But it really looks like Wenger isn't interested in getting anyone at all, not at CB anyway.

I referred to specific players numskull, not POSITIONS

And every player is 'available'

Japan Shaking All Over
18-08-2011, 02:19 PM
:popcorn:

Super Ghel
18-08-2011, 02:34 PM

Fuck me and all. So now he's a fucking martyr. ***** please.The dude has a good track record of doing some weird and dumb stuff. Like not playing arshavin in the cup to prove that the other players could win without him (funny enough they lost). I know of no other case where a manager has done something so silly in a major stage of a cup competition.

I think that’s a retarded conclusion to draw based on what was posted by LDG. What the fuck does his post have anything to do with martyrdom of Wenger? The way I see it, his post was full of criticisms of the man; only difference is the board has to share a large part of the blame too, which makes perfect sense as they’re the ones who are in control of the situation.

What I absolutely don’t get is how people can only see one side of the argument while ignoring the other. I mean what is the fucking point going on in circles about Wenger this or that when board members are the ones who try to cling on to him or tie him down with lucrative contracts offers? Why should anyone try to defend them when they are always jumping to his defence or refer to the Wenger out camp as morons? Why the hell should anyone try to defend a bunch of twats whose primary concern is only that of self sustainability, where the contributing party to the financial equation are the wallets of fans and not themselves (by rejecting free unleveraged fund proposals with bullshit excuses)? Why should anyone defend twats who kept on harping about the pride of English ownership only for them to work quietly in the background with their private agenda or aim of selling out for high returns when it suits them (eg. tax free) by sanctioning the parsimonious acts of a frenchie all these years?

Nah, to say that a deranged employee has 100% freedom to do as he pleases while his decisions are in no way affected by the input or concerns of board members is absolute nonsense. Just take the issue of wages alone for example. No way Wenger has the control or the final word, and to pin everything that’s wrong in the club to him alone is grossly unfair and bears little resemblance to reality.

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2011, 03:01 PM
I referred to specific players numskull, not POSITIONS

And every player is 'available'

If you said that to me in person I'd get someone to kick your sorry arse!

gunsofashburtongrove
18-08-2011, 03:02 PM

:gp: Doesn't help when fans try to find meanings in statements meant for opposition clubs either

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2011, 03:09 PM
I think that’s a retarded conclusion to draw based on what was posted by LDG. What the fuck does his post have anything to do with martyrdom of Wenger? The way I see it, his post was full of criticisms of the man; only difference is the board has to share a large part of the blame too, which makes perfect sense as they’re the ones who are in control of the situation.

What I absolutely don’t get is how people can only see one side of the argument while ignoring the other. I mean what is the fucking point going on in circles about Wenger this or that when board members are the ones who try to cling on to him or tie him down with lucrative contracts offers? Why should anyone try to defend them when they are always jumping to his defence or refer to the Wenger out camp as morons? Why the hell should anyone try to defend a bunch of twats whose primary concern is only that of self sustainability, where the contributing party to the financial equation are the wallets of fans and not themselves (by rejecting free unleveraged fund proposals with bullshit excuses)? Why should anyone defend twats who kept on harping about the pride of English ownership only for them to work quietly in the background with their private agenda or aim of selling out for high returns when it suits them (eg. tax free) by sanctioning the parsimonious acts of a frenchie all these years?

Nah, to say that a deranged employee has 100% freedom to do as he pleases while his decisions are in no way affected by the input or concerns of board members is absolute nonsense. Just take the issue of wages alone for example. No way Wenger has the control or the final word, and to pin everything that’s wrong in the club to him alone is grossly unfair and bears little resemblance to reality.

Does anyone know the details of Kroenke's buyout? How much did each scumbag get and how was/ will it be paid for? What are their salaries and perks and how much cash have they invested in the club over the years. I bet you hard facts and figures would make sorry reading and maybe large banners bearing this information should be standard kit for the fans?

fakeyank
18-08-2011, 03:37 PM

We know AW doesnt sign the checks but that doesnt excuse the fact that he signed a kid from league 1 for 15 million quid! He had 15 million quid and he couldve got Jagielka with that... why OAC?! If this was the first season AW did this, I'd understand.. the rot (in terms of spending money) started from the time we moved to Emirates.
As for the rot in the football we play, it started with AW's obsession with winning the Champions League.. We used to play 4-4-2 and were very good at it too but against European teams, that tactic seemed to fail so he switched to a 4-5-1 in 06.. the same yr we reached the final of the CL and the rot in our playing style slowly crept in.
Why cant our team play different formations for different games... Games against Brom, Brum, Yeovil, Wolves, Bolton etc dont require you to play one up front.

His tactics have ruined the Arsenal careers of Eduardo, Bendtner, Chakma and any other striker he wants to bring in! If you are not going to play your best players in their best positions, whats the point? Who remembers that game against Stoke where we played with 4 CM- Diaby, Denilson, Song and Cesc (not sure about him?)? It doesnt take Einstein to not play that midfield but we did...

AW is clearly responsible for 80-90% of the damage being done to the club.. I'll give the board the remaining 10-20%

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Porto have announced that they are considering bids from Atletico Madrid for two of their star players.

The Spaniards have made an offer for Colombia striker Radamel Falcao and Portugal midfielder Ruben Micael.

25-year-old Falcao scored 38 goals for Porto last season, including 17 in their Europa League triumph.

24-year-old Micael joined the Portuguese champions in January 2010 but has since earned a call-up to the Portgual squad and scored twice on his debut in March.

Atletico are looking to replace Sergio Aguero who completed the move to Manchester City this summer in a deal believed to be worth 45million euros.

In a statement, Porto said: "We announce that we have received an offer from Atletico Madrid to sign Radamel Falcao and Ruben Micael, and this is being considered by the club".

Meanwhile, Porto have completed the signings of defender Eliaquim Mangala and midfielder Steven Defour for a combined fee of £11.4m from Standard Liege.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12874_7109559,00.html

Can see this happening he'd e a good replacment **** Aguero

Japan Shaking All Over
18-08-2011, 04:08 PM
We know AW doesnt sign the checks but that doesnt excuse the fact that he signed a kid from league 1 for 15 million quid! He had 15 million quid and he couldve got Jagielka with that... why OAC?! If this was the first season AW did this, I'd understand.. the rot (in terms of spending money) started from the time we moved to Emirates.
As for the rot in the football we play, it started with AW's obsession with winning the Champions League.. We used to play 4-4-2 and were very good at it too but against European teams, that tactic seemed to fail so he switched to a 4-5-1 in 06.. the same yr we reached the final of the CL and the rot in our playing style slowly crept in.
Why cant our team play different formations for different games... Games against Brom, Brum, Yeovil, Wolves, Bolton etc dont require you to play one up front.

His tactics have ruined the Arsenal careers of Eduardo, Bendtner, Chakma and any other striker he wants to bring in! If you are not going to play your best players in their best positions, whats the point? Who remembers that game against Stoke where we played with 4 CM- Diaby, Denilson, Song and Cesc (not sure about him?)? It doesnt take Einstein to not play that midfield but we did...

AW is clearly responsible for 80-90% of the damage being done to the club.. I'll give the board the remaining 10-20%

couldnt agree more abiut different firmations against different teams. . . .it is often when we hit the panic button in the last 10 throw on the eztra striker we look more likely to score

Grebbo
18-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Do you think the Nasri deal is taking so long because we're trying to get one of their players as part of the deal??

Syn
18-08-2011, 04:58 PM
I think that’s a retarded conclusion to draw based on what was posted by LDG. What the fuck does his post have anything to do with martyrdom of Wenger? The way I see it, his post was full of criticisms of the man; only difference is the board has to share a large part of the blame too, which makes perfect sense as they’re the ones who are in control of the situation. What I absolutely don’t get is how people can only see one side of the argument while ignoring the other.0I mean what is |he fucking point going on in circles about Wenger this or that when board members are the ones who try vo cling on to him or tie him down with lucrative contracts offers? Why should anyone try to defend them when they are always jumping to his defence or refer to the Wenger out aamp as morons? Why the hell should anyone try to defend a bunch of twats whose primary concern is only that of self sustainabilmty, where the cgntributing party to the(financial equation are the wallets of fans and not themselves (by rejecting free unleveraged fund proposals with bullshit excuses)? Why should !nyone defend twats who kept on harping about the pride gf English ownership only for them to work quietly in the background with their private agenda or aim of selling out for high returns when it suits them (eg. tax free) by sanctioning the parsimonious acts of a frenchie all these years?Nah, to say that a deranged employee has 100% freedom to do as he pleases while his decisions are in no way affected by the input or concerns of board members is absolute nonsense. Just take the issue of wages alone for example. No way Wenger has the control or the final word, and to xin everything that’s wrong in the club to him alone is grossly unfair and bears little resemblance to reality. You'll have to learn to ignore SB. That's what he always does. It's almost as if he has a strange form of dyslexia.

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Do you think the Nasri deal is taking so long because we're trying to get one of their players as part of the deal??

No, Nasri wants £75,000 per mile for driving up to Manchester but they are only prepared to offer loan of a private jet.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-08-2011, 05:47 PM
jagielka pictured with an arsenal representative at the airport with loads of paperwork.

pictures on twitter.

selassie
18-08-2011, 05:50 PM
jagielka pictured with an arsenal representative at the airport with loads of paperwork.

pictures on twitter.

I think the picture and link reeks of desperation.

Everton want top money for Jags and we won't pay it, the deal is dead.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-08-2011, 05:53 PM
I think the picture and link reeks of desperation.

Everton want top money for Jags and we won't pay it, the deal is dead.

ok the lord has spoken.

sorry guys the deal is dead. close the thread and reopen it when selassie and only selassie has any transfer news.

Grebbo
18-08-2011, 05:54 PM

pictures on twitter.

Why don't you link to it? Just an idea.

Kano
18-08-2011, 05:58 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/6frr61.jpg

would love it to be true but what the fuck does this prove?

GP
18-08-2011, 05:59 PM

Is that it?

Grebbo
18-08-2011, 06:01 PM

That could be anyone

Kano
18-08-2011, 06:02 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2v81log.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2hdy5ig.jpg

yep, that's a signing!

fakeyank
18-08-2011, 06:22 PM

Proves that we are tapping up a player from another team! :dance:

Kano
18-08-2011, 06:27 PM
would it be tapping up if we had already made a bid?

fakeyank
18-08-2011, 06:32 PM

Kill Joy <_<

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Looks like some random bloke buying a packet of fags.

GP
18-08-2011, 06:33 PM

Would it be tapping up if that wasn't even him?

Keith
18-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Isn't that more likely to be his agent?

Kano
18-08-2011, 06:41 PM
they must have all been wearing these

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4130/5176130926_7770eb8756.jpg

selassie
18-08-2011, 07:38 PM
ok the lord has spoken.

sorry guys the deal is dead. close the thread and reopen it when selassie and only selassie has any transfer news.

:clap:

BTW, I read some ITK stuff on Twitter earlier and below is a picture of some of our soon to be signings....

http://howardgamble.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/flying-pigs.jpg

Cripps_orig
18-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Twitter :haha:

alexander
18-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Twitter :haha:

your lack of belief sadens me :p

Özim
18-08-2011, 08:08 PM
:clap:

BTW, I read some ITK stuff on Twitter earlier and below is a picture of some of our soon to be signings....

http://howardgamble.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/flying-pigs.jpg
:lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 08:59 PM

This, the other guy don't look like anyone at Arsenal and we'd looks stupid meeting at a hotel after the fuss we made about cole

Özim
18-08-2011, 09:01 PM

This looks very likely, notice how we didn't fork out for a nice 5 star hotel and instead opted for some unknown shack to meet up.

If this is in France as well that would pretty much be a sealed deal.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 09:03 PM
This looks very likely, notice how we didn't fork out for a nice 5 star hotel and instead opted for some unknown shack to meet up.

You can't even see the hotel so how can you tell its 5 star or not. OH dear

Özim
18-08-2011, 09:05 PM
You can't even see the hotel so how can you tell its 5 star or not. OH dear
WTF is wrong with you?

Kano
18-08-2011, 09:07 PM
i think it might well be jag, as he has the same dead straight hooter but past that, the pic means bugger all

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 09:08 PM
According to reports in South America, Arsenal are interested in signing 16-year-old Peruvian starlet Andy Polo, who has been dubbed the 'new Alexis Sanchez' due to his speed, dribbling ability and similar playing style.

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html

Özim
18-08-2011, 09:08 PM
they must have all been wearing these

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4130/5176130926_7770eb8756.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 09:09 PM
WTF is wrong with you?

So you know the fucking hotel do you was you there?

Özim
18-08-2011, 09:09 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html
Oh yeah, heard of this guy, brother of Marco Polo and cousin of Ralph-Lauren Polo.

Özim
18-08-2011, 09:10 PM
So you know the fucking hotel do you was you there?
Mate you need to lighten up....it was a joke FFS.

A play on the fact we buy cheap nobodies from France! You can't honestly have thought I was being serious.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Oh yeah, heard of this guy, brother of Marco Polo and cousin of Ralph-Lauren Polo. Cousin of Sao Polo

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Mate you need to lighten up....it was a joke FFS.

A play on the fact we buy cheap nobodies from France! You can't honestly have thought I was being serious.

Ah then i apologosie.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 09:16 PM

Nope No point selling him now when we don't really have many midfielders right now, let him play a few games then he can feck off in a week id assume or Aw is sucking his dick pesuading him to stay.

The Man needs his God son by his side

fakeyank
18-08-2011, 09:16 PM

selassie
18-08-2011, 09:38 PM

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Mata spotted arriving at the Emirates with his agent. :woohoo:

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a433/qwerty12343/mata.jpg

Keith
18-08-2011, 10:26 PM
On the left, is that the guy from the Barca v Real fight?

Master Splinter
18-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Is that Wenger's rapper bitch doing negotiations again?

AKBapologist
18-08-2011, 10:50 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2027673/Chelsea-sign-Juan-Mata-bid-Luka-Modric-EXCLUSIVE.html?ITO=1490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Marc Overmars
18-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Come on Arsene, just bid for Mata, nothing to lose FFS.

Fuck Chelsea.

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Come on Arsene, just bid for Mata, nothing to lose FFS.

Fuck Chelsea.

If Chelsea are in it gives us every excuse in the world to be out. Don't worry, there's some unknown, inexperienced lump of shit playing in a minor league in Algeria who will soon be getting the call. It's getting so pathetic now I'd even settle for Biglia coming here - whoever he is.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 11:15 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2027673/Chelsea-sign-Juan-Mata-bid-Luka-Modric-EXCLUSIVE.html?ITO=1490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Highly doubt mata is going anywhere He has a new contract and is happy in spain, says Balague.

Chelsea would have to pay double that to get him tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Blackburn are lining up a bid for 20-year-old Arsenal midfielder Henri Lansbury, who impressed while helping Norwich gain promotion from the Championship last season.

Shakhtar Donetsk forward Willian has opened the door to a move to Chelsea, Arsenal or Tottenham - professing that he would love a move to England's capital.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm

If we could get Samba as part of the Landsbury deal then yeah i swap, but kind of hope we don't sell the lad.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Samir Nasri is joining Manchester City - but he would PREFER to sign for their bitter rivals Manchester United.

Nasri has told friends that his dream was to sign for United, who were his preferred destination - along with Real Madrid and Barcelona - when he made his mind up to quit Arsenal this summer.

Despite City’s FA Cup success last season, and qualification for the Champions League, Nasri feels United are still the country’s top team and offer the best chance of winning the top honours.

The midfielder was understood to be so keen on a move to Old Trafford that he was willing to sit out the last year of his contract at Arsenal and join United on a Bosman next summer.

However, Sir Alex Ferguson did not firm up his initial interest with an offer and neither Real nor Barca made a move, leaving City as Nasri's only option.

The 24-year-old is happy to join City in a £22million move, however, and knows they are better placed to win trophies than Arsenal.

The Blues are also prepared to treble his wages to £180,000-a-week and will offer him a five-year contract.

City boss Roberto Mancini has been championing the deal which now, much to the Itaian's frustration, is dragging on, with the latest delay understood to be down to agents’ fees.

The City hierarchy are determined to change the perception that they are a soft touch in negotiations and are taking a tough line in the talks.

Nasri has yet to undergo his medical and the deal may not be completed before Sunday’s top-of-the-table clash with Bolton.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Samir-Nasri-set-sign-for-Manchester-City-from-Arsenal-but-has-told-pals-his-dream-is-to-join-Manchester-United-article787040.html

If you want to go UTD would it not be better to run down hos contract and go there instead of going to city, and not even wanting to go there.

i see money does talk and we all know what walks.

fakeyank
18-08-2011, 11:27 PM
If Chelsea are in it gives us every excuse in the world to be out. Don't worry, there's some unknown, inexperienced lump of shit playing in a minor league in Algeria who will soon be getting the call. It's getting so pathetic now I'd even settle for Biglia coming here - whoever he is.

Or Marvin..

Niall_Quinn
18-08-2011, 11:50 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Samir-Nasri-set-sign-for-Manchester-City-from-Arsenal-but-has-told-pals-his-dream-is-to-join-Manchester-United-article787040.html

If you want to go UTD would it not be better to run down hos contract and go there instead of going to city, and not even wanting to go there.

What a despicable shit he is, talking about wanting to play for Utd before he even joins City. This guy is clueless. Didn't want him to go initially but now it would be too hard to bear his stench around the place, let him go and stink out City instead.

Boss
18-08-2011, 11:59 PM

If you can read, it says that Ferguson didn't follow up his interest with an offer which is why he's moving to Citeh.

That said, the article has no quotes, says very little that isn't obvious and actually paints Nasri in a good light.

But let's all get into a blind rage because Nasri wants to leave the club. :coffee:

Boss
19-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Falcao joins Atletico for 40M euros.

Even pub teams do transfers better than us.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/945582/falcao-joins-atletico-madrid-from-porto?cc=4716

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2011, 12:22 AM
If you can read, it says that Ferguson didn't follow up his interest with an offer which is why he's moving to Citeh.

That said, the article has no quotes, says very little that isn't obvious and actually paints Nasri in a good light.

But let's all get into a blind rage because Nasri wants to leave the club. :coffee:

Judge him by his actions, no need to worry about his words. Weasels will say anything (provided they are talking weasels because not all weasels can talk, some just make funny mewing noises).

AKBapologist
19-08-2011, 12:26 AM
I think Kaka is off to spuds, probably on loan.

AKBapologist
19-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Also:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/everton-must-sell-jagielka-bank-tells-club-2340128.html

I would like to order one, jagielka, feliani and Baines to go please

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2011, 01:22 AM
There doesn't seem to be even a hint of us signing anyone. I really think Wenger is planning to go with what he has. Even if these players at Everton became available, we wouldn't offer the going rate. 12 days to go and nothing. It's so unbelievable that the unthinkable is now becoming credible. It might be a case of what you see is what you get with the squad this year, except for Lesbo and Nick going.

Master Splinter
19-08-2011, 04:08 AM
We still haven't signed Biglia yet?

FFS. Pat Rice out.

fakeyank
19-08-2011, 05:14 AM

Lets get this guy..

Master Splinter
19-08-2011, 05:24 AM
Kaka is shit.

Unai Tea
19-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Kaka is shit.

Literally.

dazthegooner
19-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Just seen on sky looks like chelski after Mata well thats that over then!

Flavs
19-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Something funny as well, well i say funny :(

Lansbury will be signing for Blackburn either today or Monday.

dazthegooner
19-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Yep thats what we need we have an injury crisis so we sell another player with porblably noone coming in :rolleyes:

I_Killed_Kenny
19-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Something funny as well, well i say funny :(

Lansbury will be signing for Blackburn either today or Monday.

should use lansbury as a makeweight in the samba deal! wont happen though!

Boss
19-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Actually thought Lansbury could be quite a solid player for us (far better than mongs like Diaby/Denilson) but after his brilliant debut Wenger really never gave him a chance.

Ah well. :rose:

LDG
19-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Did Wenger get a Blue Peter bring and buy sale kit through in June or something?

Letters
19-08-2011, 08:54 AM
:ilt:

Joker
19-08-2011, 08:57 AM
So Lansbury's being flogged without ever being given a chance at Arsenal, while shit like Denilson were given opportunity after opportunity for 5 seasons despite proving time after time that he's an average footballer? Pathetic from ******* again. The guy has lost the plot.

Syn
19-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Yup, keeping Lansbury was a no brainer. He'll never become the worlds best but I don't think we are in a position to chuck away aggressive players who can sprint around for 90 mins. I hope the deal doesn't go through.

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Project Youth :rose:

Incoming Transfers :rose:

Wenger :rose:

Joker
19-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Wenger is such a snob that he probably thinks because of his style of play he's not technically good enough for us. From what I've seen of him there's nothing wrong with his technique, and while he's not going to be as good as Wilshere, players like him can be valuable to any side, not just footballistically but their strong mentality can be an inspiration for others in the team. We had players like Parlour who were very important in midfield, even though he was never as talented as players like Pires. Moreover, Lansbury does have the knack of being in right place at the right time to get goals, as he showed for Norwich last season as well as the tap in against Tottenham in the Carling Cup. Too many of our midfielders fail to make that forward run, which restricts our options and makes us predictable to play against.

I_Killed_Kenny
19-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Wenger is such a snob that he probably thinks because of his style of play he's not technically good enough for us. From what I've seen of him there's nothing wrong with his technique, and while he's not going to be as good as Wilshere, players like him can be valuable to any side, not just footballistically but their strong mentality can be an inspiration for others in the team. We had players like Parlour who were very important in midfield, even though he was never as talented as players like Pires. Moreover, Lansbury does have the knack of being in right place at the right time to get goals, as he showed for Norwich last season as well as the tap in against Tottenham in the Carling Cup. Too many of our midfielders fail to make that forward run, which restricts our options and makes us predictable to play against.

well said mate. sometimes you need substance over style

Keith
19-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Another out?

This is starting to get silly, Gunnersaurus on the bench tomorrow?

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/feb2009/6/5/Image_1_for_Arsenal_00_Fulham_gallery_956242097.jp g

LDG
19-08-2011, 09:35 AM
About 50 guests just showed up....

Something happening???

Keith
19-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Tea break at the Civil Service.

LDG
19-08-2011, 09:37 AM

Letters. Get me some tea :angry:

Japan Shaking All Over
19-08-2011, 09:38 AM
vultures?

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 09:41 AM

Something happening???

We've sold another player.

LDG
19-08-2011, 09:42 AM
We've sold another player.

Meh. That happens every other day.

This must be something different.

AKBapologist
19-08-2011, 09:43 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7111320,00.html

Letters
19-08-2011, 09:46 AM

How dare you!

<_<

That's at 3pm :dance:

Keith
19-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Sorry, I was eating a chocolate digestive. Thought it was about national tea break time.

4-3-3
19-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Meh. That happens every other day.

This must be something different.

RVP refuses to play tomorror, until wenger buys new players:unsure:

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2011, 10:26 AM
So Lansbury's being flogged without ever being given a chance at Arsenal, while shit like Denilson were given opportunity after opportunity for 5 seasons despite proving time after time that he's an average footballer? Pathetic from ******* again. The guy has lost the plot.

We give youth a chance.

Project youth :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2011, 10:28 AM

Something happening???

Probably about to announce Nasri going.

:yawn:

I_Killed_Kenny
19-08-2011, 10:30 AM

Something happening???

sorry - where do you work? is this relevant to arsenal?

Unai Tea
19-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Maybe the Chelseas and Man City's of the world are now scouting Arsenal supporters as there's no players left. That would explain the influx of 50 shady guests. My guess is they are looking to invest in some negativity and realism for their own fan bases and poaching a few Arsenal supporters would do the trick. I think the paperwork is being finalised on Niall Quinn, just agreeing personal terms.

LDG
19-08-2011, 10:50 AM
sorry - where do you work? is this relevant to arsenal?

Stop being so nosey.

LDG
19-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Maybe the Chelseas and Man City's of the world are now scouting Arsenal supporters as there's no players left. That would explain the influx of 50 shady guests. My guess is they are looking to invest in some negativity and realism for their own fan bases and poaching a few Arsenal supporters would do the trick. I think the paperwork is being finalised on Niall Quinn, just agreeing personal terms.

Nobody will take Zimm 'cos his ZD is too high :(

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 10:54 AM

Never going to happen, He would want CL footie and They won't be able to pay his wages. You don't even have a link

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 10:55 AM

Have you even seen a link to say he's gone before you have ago at the manager.

AKBapologist
19-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Never going to happen, He would want CL footie and They won't be able to pay his wages. You don't even have a link
Because it was an opinion? :unsure:

Boss
19-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Whether he's gone or not doesn't change the fact that he wasn't given a fair chance despite the shower of shite that's been allowed to clog up our midfield for the last few years.

I_Killed_Kenny
19-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Stop being so nosey, you nosey cunt.

will you have to kill me if you told me???

just trying to see wtf 50 people comment has to do with the arsenal.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Whether he's gone or not doesn't change the fact that he wasn't given a fair chance despite the shower of shite that's been allowed to clog up our midfield for the last few years.

This, i mean we have a shit midfield right now, no harm in given the cunt a try am i wrong. He can be our Barton if you like.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Because it was an opinion? :unsure:

Oh well the way you said it was like you Knew he could be going.

AKBapologist
19-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Oh well the way you said it was like you Knew he could be going.
So when I say "I think" about something, you take it as if it's 100% nailed on for sure? Good. Glad to see my opinion means something here. :lol:

There were lots of rumours of someone from Real Madrid coming to spurs. Dairra was the obvious candidate but others on some other forum (the ones that I never visit apparently according to GB) were suggesting it was going to be Kaka.

LDG
19-08-2011, 11:10 AM
will you have to kill me if you told me???

just trying to see wtf 50 people comment has to do with the arsenal.

There was a sudden influx of guest users on the board. I was wondering whether something Arsenal related was happening in the news that nobody had posted.

Happens on here. New signing or something (fuckin lol) and the place is rammed with people catching up on the gossip.

And as far as my job goes; Let's just say, I'm not a liberty to say. I wear sunglasses indoors.

Tipsychubbs
19-08-2011, 11:11 AM

I also don't see him as a merely Ray Parlour type, the guy has good technique and is well known for his range of short and long passing, ability to hit 25 yard screamers and make good runs into the box, scoring goals. He is an all round box to box midfielder who can play all across the midfield, CMF, AMF, RMF etc.

Apart from the odd carling Cup/pre-season appearance, and a last game of the season prem match, he hasn’t been given a shot. Lansbury must be wondering what on earth he has to do to be given a chance. He’s been on loan to Scunthorpe, Watford and Norwich, so he’s done his time getting League football experience.

Denilson has racked up 250 appearances, but it’s taken 5 years for Wenger to realise he is crap, and now he has gone.

Diablolical is injured.

Cesc has gone.

Nasri is on his way out.

Rosicky is injured.

Song is suspended.

Wilshire is injured.

We haven’t bought any central midfielders in.

Even when we’re down to the bare bones at the moment, he still does not even get named on the subs bench, whereas Ramsey and Frimpong are getting their chances in the first team and even 17-year old Oxo cube has been on the subs bench at Newcastle and against Udinese!

It’s incredible really, and he is exactly the type of player this team needs, someone who can run for 90 minutes as mentioned above, someone who gives 100%, has an eye for goal and makes forward runs; a Ray Parlour type but with better technique.

He’s been frozen out while others have been given numerous chances. At the very least he deserves some more chances in the first team.

I_Killed_Kenny
19-08-2011, 11:12 AM
There was a sudden influx of guest users on the board. I was wondering whether something Arsenal related was happening in the news that nobody had posted.

Happens on here. New signing or something (fuckin lol) and the place is rammed with people catching up on the gossip.

And as far as my job goes; Let's just say, I'm not a liberty to say. I wear sunglasses indoors.

sorry dude, thought you meant at your work!!

fair dues, carry on making the tea then, chop chop lol

I_Killed_Kenny
19-08-2011, 11:13 AM

proffesional flasher then i guess!

AKBapologist
19-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Lansbury's the one pushing for the move, I think the club want to extend his contract and send him on loan.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 11:14 AM
So when I say "I think" about something, you take it as if it's 100% nailed on for sure? Good. Glad to see my opinion means something here. :lol:

There were lots of rumours of someone from Real Madrid coming to spurs. Dairra was the obvious candidate but others on some other forum (the ones that I never visit apparently according to GB) were suggesting it was going to be Kaka.

Nah i never believe anything without a link and some sort of confirmation. lol

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Any signings yet? 12 days to go.

Tipsychubbs
19-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Lansbury's the one pushing for the move, I think the club want to extend his contract and send him on loan.

Wenger himself said he believes in his talent, but admitted that the midfield was too congested for him. Well, he's never going to get a better chance right now to stake his claim, and if he's not even being given a chance before new signings and injured players come back, he probably never will; so I wouldn't be surprised if he's looking to move on unfortunately :(

When you see the likes of Denilson ahead of you, you sort of know you're not in the manager's plans.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Any signings yet? 12 days to go.

Yep Theo Signing his Autobiography in Tesco's

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Yep Theo Signing his Autobiography in Tesco's

Get in! Any word on the fee?

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2011, 11:32 AM
We must have some players lined up, surely?

The team has been virtually stripped bare and is weaker than it was before it needed strengthening.

There just has to be some players being lined up. There just has to be!?!

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Get in! Any word on the fee?
£2.20

The Books 2% away from being a top seller.

Boss
19-08-2011, 11:33 AM
We must have some players lined up, surely?

The team has been virtually stripped bare and is weaker than it was before it needed strengthening.

There just has to be some players being lined up. There just has to be!?!

We will only buy if super quality is available.

Ironing
19-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Oxo-cube is 18 not 17 btw

He's a man now

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2011, 11:45 AM
We will only buy if super quality is available.

Yeh but seriously, putting all the shits and giggles aside, what the hell is going on?

Deep down, I know that wenger isnt stupid, but his actions dont do anything for him.

This team was weak in a few key areas at the end of the season, we needed 2-3 experienced signings to become a title winning team.

So far we have now lost 2 1st team players (nasri is going) and what, around 4-5 squad players? and have brought in one experienced player and a couple of young talents.

As it stands now, we CANNOT compete in four competitions over a full season, it just isnt gonna happen. We need to add, anyone with any idea about football can see that we need to add players.

Something has to be getting lined up, it would be insane not to add anyone else.

Özim
19-08-2011, 11:53 AM
We're only fighting for the PL and CL, the good thing is we have great spirit and togetherness and believe in our quality. People look at the pricetag and think that just because a player is cheap he's not good.

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 12:00 PM
DerekDerangoBBC Derek Derango
Early summer reports show that Wenger wanted Kompany-Nasri swap, as Kompany stalled on new contract. Tried same with De Jong, no success.
2 minutes ago

Hazard's favourite teams are Arsenal and Real Madrid, and Wenger sees him as ideal replacement for Nasri
5 minutes ago
»

Reports from Belgium (Het Laatste Nieuws) suggest, Hazard bid from #afc will be done this weekend or on Monday. Though after the #lfc game.

Boss
19-08-2011, 12:00 PM
I honestly thinks Wenger believes he has enough to go through the season with, and that our kids (Frimpong, Ramsey, AOC, Campbell, Jenkinson, Gibbs etc) are good enough to be a part of the first team and to buy will be to hold them back. He's gone past the point of delusion, as he did at Monaco.

Can see him buying an AM from around 15M as the backlash from fans will be huge if the club just pockets 50M but the very fact that we go into the season with Gibbs and Traore our two senior LBs speaks for itself.

He's past being a top manager.

Boss
19-08-2011, 12:03 PM
12.45 Sky Sports News report that "payments to agents" are holding up Samir Nasri's move from Arsenal to Manchester City.

^^ should be wrapped up soon then, maybe later today.

server too busy!
19-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Surely we need to be buying a couple defenders, striker and AM before the window closes. I like Hazard but do we really need anymore wingers? Can he play centrally?

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Early summer reports show that Wenger wanted Kompany-Nasri swap, as Kompany stalled on new contract. Tried same with De Jong, no success.
2 minutes ago

Hazard's favourite teams are Arsenal and Real Madrid, and Wenger sees him as ideal replacement for Nasri
5 minutes ago
»

Reports from Belgium (Het Laatste Nieuws) suggest, Hazard bid from #afc will be done this weekend or on Monday. Though after the #lfc game.

Hazard :pray:

Ironing
19-08-2011, 12:10 PM
2 minutes ago

5 minutes ago
»

Derek Derango is a stupid cunt and probably doesn't even work for the bbc. Ignore him

"DerekDerangoBBC Derek Derango
Apparently phone call to Real Madrid by #afc was concerning two players, Kaka and Benzema. Xabi Alonso impossible."

Özim
19-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Surely we need to be buying a couple defenders, striker and AM before the window closes. I like Hazard but do we really need anymore wingers? Can he play centrally?
Don't worry, he can play them up front...that's the beauty of Wenger, a players position doesn't matter you can always stick him somewhere else.

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Derek Derango is a stupid cunt and probably doesn't even work for the bbc. Ignore him

"DerekDerangoBBC Derek Derango
Apparently phone call to Real Madrid by #afc was concerning two players, Kaka and Benzema. Xabi Alonso impossible."

I like his name tbh.

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2011, 12:12 PM

I think we'll possibly get Jags or Cahill before the window closes.

selassie
19-08-2011, 12:13 PM
2 minutes ago

5 minutes ago
»

Interesting stuff.

Hazard would be a top signing but somehow I really don't see us parting with the best part of 25million for him.

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2011, 12:15 PM
@DerekDerangoBBC
#lfc interested in Ryan Shawcross and Gary Cahill. Cahill holding out for #afc, but with Arsenal going for Jagielka, Cahill to #lfc possible
2 minutes ago via web

@DerekDerangoBBC
Derek Derango No agreement between Madrid's asking price and #afc valuation. Madrid reckon Kaka's commercial value is undervalued.
9 minutes ago via web

selassie
19-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Yeh but seriously, putting all the shits and giggles aside, what the hell is going on?

Deep down, I know that wenger isnt stupid, but his actions dont do anything for him.

This team was weak in a few key areas at the end of the season, we needed 2-3 experienced signings to become a title winning team.

So far we have now lost 2 1st team players (nasri is going) and what, around 4-5 squad players? and have brought in one experienced player and a couple of young talents.

As it stands now, we CANNOT compete in four competitions over a full season, it just isnt gonna happen. We need to add, anyone with any idea about football can see that we need to add players.

Something has to be getting lined up, it would be insane not to add anyone else.

I know it's frightening isn't it? The scary thing is Arsene is crazy enough to go into the season with the squad as it is, it really wouldn't surprise me.

It's not that I think Arsene thinks the squad is good enough or doesn't want to buy, it's just I think he absolutely refuses to pay over the odds irrespective of the situation we're in.

He'll probably try and buy a number of players over the next few weeks but will fail due to low ball offers & not compromising on valuations.