PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Kaiser
19-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Derek Derango is another bullshit account. Doesn't exist.

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Derek Derango is another bullshit account. Doesn't exist.

Can you please just let us dream.

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Interesting stuff.

Hazard would be a top signing but somehow I really don't see us parting with the best part of 25million for him.

Wenger was going to spend £17million on Baptista :shudder: and bid the same for Jones. A few million more after we've just bought in £50m this week doesn't sound unreasonable even for Wenger.

It all depends on whether Arsene thinks Hazard is good enough to improve our squad. Is he better than Chamakh, that is the question?

selassie
19-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Wenger was going to spend £17million on Baptista :shudder: and bid the same for Jones. A few million more after we've just bought in £50m this week doesn't sound unreasonable even for Wenger.

It all depends on whether Arsene thinks Hazard is good enough to improve our squad. Is he better than Chamakh, that is the question?

True.

Hazard is a huge talent IMHO and would walk into our team. IMHO This summer is the last chance for us to sign him before his price really sky rockets. IMHO Hazard is much further ahead in his development than Nasri was when he joined us.

It would be a huge coup if we signed him.

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 12:42 PM
True.

Hazard is a huge talent IMHO and would walk into our team. IMHO This summer is the last chance for us to sign him before his price really sky rockets. IMHO Hazard is much further ahead in his development than Nasri was when he joined us.

It would be a huge coup if we signed him.

Ahh so he's quite good then. Rules us out.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Bolton Wanderers manager Owen Coyle insists there are still no bids for in-demand defender Gary Cahill.

The England international is out of contract next summer and has been linked with the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City.

Many expect offers to flood in for Cahill before the transfer window closes, but Coyle has again reiterated that things are quiet.

Coyle insists there is no credence to the speculation doing the rounds and that Cahill himself is focused solely on his football.

Cahill scored the club's opening Premier League goal of the season against QPR last week and Coyle is still in awe of the long-range special.

Speculation
"There is no foundation to the speculation and I have said to Gary there is nothing to be distracted about," said Coyle.

"He has to focus on what he does for Bolton; he gets well paid by the club and has a great contract and we have invested a lot of money in him after buying him from Aston Villa.

"He has shown that focus with his performances. If there was something concrete to happen then Gary would be the first to know.

"He knows the way I work as a manager, the relationship I have with him and you saw last week how focused he was.

"Aside from his defensive performance what he adds at set-plays and moving forward and the goal he scored is all credit to Gary Cahill and long may it continue.

"I have said before Gary has, I believe, the feet of a centre-forward even though he operates at the back. It was a world-class strike from a world-class player in the making."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7111966,00.html

Can see a big bid off for this guys in the week. You have thought Coyle would keep quite aobout the fact no ones bid for him lol.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-08-2011, 01:41 PM
There was a sudden influx of guest users on the board. I was wondering whether something Arsenal related was happening in the news that nobody had posted.

Happens on here. New signing or something (fuckin lol) and the place is rammed with people catching up on the gossip.

And as far as my job goes; Let's just say, I'm not a liberty to say. I wear sunglasses indoors.

got it. . . .you test sunbeds! ?

AKBapologist
19-08-2011, 01:41 PM
@DerekDerangoBBC is a fake. :)

LDG
19-08-2011, 01:46 PM

Fuck me.

With a name like that, I was so damn sure he was real.

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 01:49 PM

I wont believe it unless @DerekDerangoBBC says so

Japan Shaking All Over
19-08-2011, 01:49 PM

spoilsport
s'ppose I'll just have to put my dick back now

LDG
19-08-2011, 01:52 PM
spoilsport
s'ppose I'll just have to put my dick back now

And I'm sure AKB with appreciate it. Again.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Surely we need to be buying a couple defenders, striker and AM before the window closes. I like Hazard but do we really need anymore wingers? Can he play centrally?

Selfish fans as usual. Just think how much we could get for Hazard in 3 years if he makes an impact here! Think of the finances for a change will you?

Japan Shaking All Over
19-08-2011, 02:00 PM
And I'm sure AKB with appreciate it. Again.

that is until we have another bout of unfoundered rumours. . .

got a feeling tho, once the Nasbo deal goes through Wengers deals are going to take shape. . . .got anothet feeling that this is what he meant by waiting period. . .yhat some deals, the ones that kind of went quiet are the ones we are going to see. . . .Cahill, Hazard perhaps and a striker. . . .

or I could be talking as much twoddle as a AW press conference

server too busy!
19-08-2011, 02:31 PM
The only way I can justify it, is that he is waiting to see if we make CL before buying people. But thats a bit ridiculous as we have more than enough money to cover any CL exit and buy players, also we're more likely to attract good players if there's still the possibility of us getting to the group stages.

The worse thing of all is there are hardly any rumours of us being interested in someone, it takes us at least a month of haggling before agreeing a fee.

server too busy!
19-08-2011, 02:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AZtkvbBU2eE

Zarate...looks a good player but I think we need someone a bit more direct like Sow

McNamara That Ghost...
19-08-2011, 03:05 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-finalise-signing-of-campbell

Joel Campbell has been confirmed as an Arsenal player, with all formal agreements and processes relating to his transfer now complete.

Campbell, 19, who joins the Gunners fresh from representing Costa Rica at the U-20 World Cup in Colombia, is also a regular with his senior national team.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club would like to welcome the young striker to the Club and look forward to his contributions to the team.

Welcome to Joel Campbell.

:bow:

Jon Walters has signed a one year contract extension, shame, he was the dream signing of this transfer window.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Werder Bremen general manager Klaus Allofs is not attempting to sell players, but would listen to offers amid ongoing reports of Arsenal interest in Per Mertesacker.

The Germany international has been linked with a move to Emirates Stadium for several years and the rumour-mill has increased this summer.

Following the sale of Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona and the impending transfer of Samir Nasri to Manchester City, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has money to spend.

Giant centre-back Mertesacker is considered to be a player who would improve the Gunners, and Werder have previously said a possible sale would be a decision of boss Thomas Schaaf.Allofs is not actively looking to offload players, who could also include Marko Arnautovic and Marko Marin, but he would consider official approaches.

He told Kreiszeitung Syke: "I am ready for everything, but I can insist we have not been offering any player of this club to another club.

Experts
"Should there be concrete offers, we will consider them then. This has not been the case thus far.

"My experience tells me that there are some experts on the scene that will only start to do action in the final days of the transfer window. Should this be the case, we would also be around."

Earlier in the week, Germany Under 21 international Kevin Schindler left Werder to join last season's rock-bottom Bundesliga club, St Pauli, on a one-year contract.

But Arnautovic does not want to follow Schindler out of Bremen, who host Freiburg this weekend, despite claiming to be the subject of approaches from other clubs.

"There are enquiries, that is a fact," he told BILD. "I am unaware of how concrete those enquiries are.

"I have not spoken to anyone and I also plan not to speak to anyone. I am just focused on Werder Bremen. I want to play for this club. This is my future."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7112301,00.html

Ironing
19-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Some news that

Master Splinter
19-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Jon Walters has signed a one year contract extension, shame, he was the dream signing of this transfer window.

:(

At least I had the sense to buy him!

Walters :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
19-08-2011, 04:55 PM
.skysports
Gunners fail with Lucho loan

we even suck at loans!:upset:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7112616,00.html

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 04:58 PM
we even suck at loans!:upset:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7112616,00.html

WTF is Wenger doing trying to loan shit like this??!!

What is our cunt of a manager playing at??

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2011, 05:10 PM

Makes me think we haven't identified replacements for Cesc and Nasri and this was a short term option. It's looking more likely we'll head past the transfer window without any signings. We're fucked and with this squad we'll be mid table. 4th is just pie in the sky with this squad.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-08-2011, 05:15 PM
unless his plan is to spunk the money on other positions and hasnt told anyone

Boss
19-08-2011, 05:40 PM

:gp:

WengerISaLizard
19-08-2011, 05:42 PM
wow, we are so skint we want to loan players

WHAT THE FUCK!

Elreactor
19-08-2011, 06:37 PM

:haha:

All this shit must be specially made for us to get totally mad. A thing like Lucho Gonzalez, on loan, can´t have been mentioned inside Arsenal FC, dear Lord.

And that DerekDerango, whether he exists or not, is not BS at all, as his posts talking about possible transfers always end saying "impossible", so it´s pure realism regarding Arsenal and transfers.

It´s not worrying anymore, we´ve reached a point where all this transfer talk is actually funny and enjoyable.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Wenger it seems is not afraid to spend Money but only on players that will have a high sell on rate, i.e buy the ox for 8million+ sell him on for 20mil +

fakeyank
19-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Makes me think we haven't identified replacements for Cesc and Nasri and this was a short term option. It's looking more likely we'll head past the transfer window without any signings. We're fucked and with this squad we'll be mid table. 4th is just pie in the sky with this squad.

What has happened to my club? :(

Elreactor
19-08-2011, 07:07 PM
What has happened to my club? :(

It´s been gazidised.

Well, I wouldn´t be surprised if no new signigs arrive by the end of the window, as almost everyne else now. At this rate, at least. Anyway I doubt Wenger will manage to buy ready to play quality.

But is it really possible that he lost the plot as he seems to have? A guy that was always ahead of the other managers, with less money than them. There must be something else that ties his hands in a dirty way. The stadium debt can´t be the main excuse imo.

Master Splinter
19-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Spurs to sign Diarra: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14599103.stm.

Crooknapp loves his ex-Arsenal rubbish.

GP
19-08-2011, 07:17 PM

He belongs there because he looks like a water sherringham.

Master Splinter
19-08-2011, 07:21 PM
He belongs there because he looks like a water sherringham.

And because he's utter shit.

GP
19-08-2011, 07:22 PM
He's also a cunt.

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 07:35 PM

Good player, wish we'd kept him. Far better than Song.

Master Splinter
19-08-2011, 07:43 PM

No.

He's shit.

selassie
19-08-2011, 08:05 PM

Yeah he's a very good player, a total cunt though.

If Spurs sign Diarra & Ade and we sign nobody of note I actually think they'll finish above us. :(

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Yeah he's a very good player, a total cunt though.

If Spurs sign Diarra & Ade and we sign nobody of note I actually think they'll finish above us. :(

On the plus side Wenger will fuck off.

fakeyank
19-08-2011, 08:53 PM
On the plus side Wenger will fuck off.

:pray:

GunnerFan4Life
19-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Sky Sports understands that Arsenal are in advanced talks to sign Peruvian starlet Andy Polo (16 year old)

:dance: :dance: :dance:

GunnerFan4Life
19-08-2011, 09:33 PM
talkSPORT claiming reason for Nasri delay is that Arsenal want Tevez for season loan. Man City to pay half the wages

Master Splinter
19-08-2011, 09:49 PM

No, they're shit.

Master Splinter
19-08-2011, 09:51 PM
talkSPORT claiming reason for Nasri delay is that Arsenal want Tevez for season loan. Man City to pay half the wages

:dance::dance::dance:

We'd win the League by 40 points if Tevez came.

This deal is definitely realistic and not bollocks, especially coming from the employers of Collymore.

Grebbo
19-08-2011, 09:59 PM

There must be something holding the Nasri deal up. They got any shit 16yr olds on their books??

GunnerFan4Life
19-08-2011, 10:04 PM
There must be something holding the Nasri deal up. They got any shit 16yr olds on their books??

Does seem realistic and the Nasri deal would of been done way before the pool game.

Niall_Quinn
19-08-2011, 10:05 PM
It's a greedy agent holding things up isn't it? That's what the papers were saying a few days ago so it must be true.

Keith
19-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Tevez would be epic, but doesn't solve the problem with his wife so I can't see it happening, why would they strengthen a rival? Only fools would do that.

I'm amazed that we still haven't signed another player, I expected Nasri to announce a new deal once Cesc left.

Cripps_orig
19-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Saturday gossip in the papersMarseille won't sell Valbuena this summer but might next. We're apparently interested in him.Apparently have agreed a fee for Hazard but all depends on if we are in the CL.Nothing else of interest.Read somewhere else Deschamps saying we made an offer to loan Lucho Gonzalez. A loan because they don't want him killing our youngsters long term. Can't link on my phone unfortunately.If true then :doh:

KSE Comedy Club
19-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Any more info on zarate?

seems he was left out of the europa tie.

Marc Overmars
20-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Mata off to Chelsea it seems. *sigh*

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/19/juan-mata-chelsea-valencia

There is also a rather hideous picture of Jay Spearing on that link...

WengerISaLizard
20-08-2011, 12:15 AM
i'd be happy if Hazard was Nasri replacement, but wenger is not in the interest of making fans happy so it wont happen, just like Cahill, Benzema, Mata etc

Cripps_orig
20-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Any picture of Spearing is hideous tbh

fakeyank
20-08-2011, 02:29 AM
Any picture of Spearing is hideous tbh

He looks like he is 90.. how old is the cunt?

Master Splinter
20-08-2011, 02:41 AM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2011/8/19/1313790678811/Juan-Mata-007.jpg

http://www.rateyourplayer.com/images/players/jay-spearing.jpg

:sick:

He's 22 apparently :haha:. Maybe he's Nigerian.........

Elreactor
20-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Any more info on zarate?

seems he was left out of the europa tie.

More info on Zarate? Was there ever a first clue about him?

Elreactor
20-08-2011, 03:07 AM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2011/8/19/1313790678811/Juan-Mata-007.jpg

http://www.rateyourplayer.com/images/players/jay-spearing.jpg

:sick:

He's 22 apparently :haha:. Maybe he's Nigerian.........

:haha: Luca Prodan is alive!

http://spa.fotolog.com/photo/26/12/25/clantarzania/1256667325078_f.jpg

Master Splinter
20-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Luca Prodan

Have we missed out on him too?

Primorac out.

fakeyank
20-08-2011, 07:23 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7112969,00.html

:doh:

Oh Allah/Jesus/Bhagwan/Hesus/Thor, help us from this old senile cunt of a manager :pray:

Fats
20-08-2011, 07:59 AM
So Chelsea are intersted in Mata, Make a sensible offer, and Mata then goes there, all within a week.

Fuck you Arsenal, liars!!!!!

Fats
20-08-2011, 08:01 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7112969,00.html

:doh:

Oh Allah/Jesus/Bhagwan/Hesus/Thor, help us from this old senile cunt of a manager :pray:

Oh FFS what the fuck is going on with our club its being run by complete idiots.

KSE Comedy Club
20-08-2011, 08:28 AM
More info on Zarate? Was there ever a first clue about him?

His agent and his brother confirmed that we were meeting him for talks the other day

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/83236,sport,football,transfer-talk-mauro-zarates-brother-claims-arsenal-want-him

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2011, 09:22 AM
So Chelsea are intersted in Mata, Make a sensible offer, and Mata then goes there, all within a week.

Fuck you Arsenal, liars!!!!!

Chelsea must have cheated in some way to sign all the players they have signed. So have all the other clubs that have mysteriously managed to sign players. Normally it is impossible to sign players. I wonder though, are these the first signs of "Arsenal who?" from the players we are approaching? You don't sell your best and buy nobody without people noticing the lack of ambition. If there was a Loot for football transfers they would all be listed, "Serious offers only, no time wasters or Arsene Wenger".

Power n Glory
20-08-2011, 09:29 AM
His agent and his brother confirmed that we were meeting him for talks the other day

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/83236,sport,football,transfer-talk-mauro-zarates-brother-claims-arsenal-want-him

That's not a good sign. If his people are going public, they may be trying to push up the price.

Unai Tea
20-08-2011, 09:45 AM

"Quite why Wenger would want another striker is anyone's guess" as per the article.

Not very insightful that. Van Persie is made of glass. Chamakh is made of shite. The Danish Donkey is off. Walcott is a possibility but no gaurantees he'd do well there either and he's made of glass anyway. So yeah, shocking we'd be going after a striker. Never mind the fact that we've stripped the team bare and need players.

Incidentally, does anyone have a decent sense of whether or not Zarate fits in with what we do? 4-3-3 winger/striker?

Özim
20-08-2011, 10:03 AM
"Quite why Wenger would want another striker is anyone's guess" as per the article.

Not very insightful that. Van Persie is made of glass. Chamakh is made of shite. The Danish Donkey is off. Walcott is a possibility but no gaurantees he'd do well there either and he's made of glass anyway. So yeah, shocking we'd be going after a striker. Never mind the fact that we've stripped the team bare and need players.

Incidentally, does anyone have a decent sense of whether or not Zarate fits in with what we do? 4-3-3 winger/striker?
Another dogshite player...oh great!

Boss
20-08-2011, 10:06 AM
He used to be very highly rated (Zarate).

Then again, so was Wenger.

Özim
20-08-2011, 10:16 AM
He used to be very highly rated (Zarate).

Then again, so was Wenger.
So was Nick Barmby tho, proofs in the pudding and what you do in your career is what counts.

He played for Birmingham (and in Quatar I think), the fact he ended up there in the 1st place having been highly rated must say something.

His goal record isn't great either, 1 goal every 4 games, not really that great. Just really want to see a goalscorer come in.

Darth Vela
20-08-2011, 10:16 AM
The only time he has ripped it up would be in the Premiership, then?

Those certainly aren't the type of players we want here.

Darth Vela
20-08-2011, 10:17 AM
So was Nick Barmby tho, proofs in the pudding and what you do in your career is what counts.

He played for Birmingham (and in Quatar I think), the fact he ended up there in the 1st place having been highly rated must say something.

His goal record isn't great either, 1 goal every 4 games, not really that great. Just really want to see a goalscorer come in.

He was bought by some dodgy consortium, Joorbachian style, who sent him on loan somewhere to put him in the shop window, it wasn't a case of slipping so much as he was being used as a commodity.

Özim
20-08-2011, 10:18 AM
The only time he has ripped it up would be in the Premiership, then?

Those certainly aren't the type of players we want here.
Hardly ripped it up, 14 games and 4 goals...not exactly great.

Özim
20-08-2011, 10:19 AM
He was bought by some dodgy consortium, Joorbachian style, who sent him on loan somewhere to put him in the shop window, it wasn't a case of slipping so much as he was being used as a commodity.
Even taking that into consideration his goal record is very average, not what we need really.

Darth Vela
20-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Hardly ripped it up, 14 games and 4 goals...not exactly great.

At Birmingham? At 18? Whilst putting in great performances? That's pretty damn great imo.

Darth Vela
20-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Even taking that into consideration his goal record is very average, not what we need really.

Fuck stats, I saw him play over here with my own eyes, the guy has talent and if he's available for 10m would be worth a punt.

Özim
20-08-2011, 10:24 AM
At Birmingham? At 18? Whilst putting in great performances? That's pretty damn great imo.
He was 21 so year still not that great, plus has 1 in 4 for Lazio not exactly a great finisher. Don't really care for stikers running around doing everything but shooting at goal, we've had enough of those.

Özim
20-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Fuck stats, I saw him play over here with my own eyes, the guy has talent and if he's available for 10m would be worth a punt.
No thanks, goals matter no poncy play outside the box.

Didn't you also rate Chamakh who you saw play, we know how that's turned out.

Marc Overmars
20-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Not being able to deal with Zarate was one of the reasons we fucked up at Birmingham in THAT game in 07/08.

Very lively player, not sure what he's done since then but from what I remember if he's managed to develop that raw talent he had then he wouldn't be a bad signing.

Boss
20-08-2011, 10:34 AM
DV :rose:

Your Chamakh posts on here will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Grebbo

It doesn't say that though. It says "Quite why Wenger would want the former Birmingham striker is anyone’s guess"

Basically it's saying Zarate is shit not that we don't need a striker.

Darth Vela
No thanks, goals matter no poncy play outside the box.

Didn't you also rate Chamakh who you saw play, we know how that's turned out.

Yeah, me and the 95% of the gooner fan base that look at actual performances and not price-tags, the guys been in shocking form for a while now but denying the good he did before that is simply retarded.

I didn't know he was 21, that's slightly less impressive but the fact remains that the guy was a handful when he played here, he wasn't quite as shot-shy as you've inferred from his stats either. Could well be he's simply not developed well, or it could be that he's not suited to Serie A which would make sense given that it's very different to the Prem, doubt it's gonna happen though so probably not worth picking over his career when it doesn't matter. :)

Boss
Not being able to deal with Zarate was one of the reasons we fucked up at Birmingham in THAT game in 07/08.

Very lively player, not sure what he's done since then but from what I remember if he's managed to develop that raw talent he had then he wouldn't be a bad signing.

He's behind Djibril Cisse and a 33-yo Klose at the moment so he's still very much a project player imo.

Darth Vela
20-08-2011, 10:36 AM
DV :rose:

Your Chamakh posts on here will haunt you for the rest of your life.

I know.

It's the Denilson posts I'm more ashamed of though in all honesty, at least Chamakh might get back to being a decent player.

Grebbo
20-08-2011, 10:37 AM
He's behind Djibril Cisse and a 33-yo Klose at the moment so he's still very much a project player imo.

Yeah but have you seen our squad?? Beggars can't be choosers.

Grebbo
20-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Mata move 2 Chelsea sorted. It's a matter of hours. Clubs agreed fee, 28m, personal terms agreed too. He's very much looking 4ward to it. [Gulliem Ballbag]

Oh well.

Wenger was probably trying to get him on loan.

Cunt.

Darth Vela
20-08-2011, 10:44 AM
If he was always right about these things then Mata would be an Arsenal player right now, I don't doubt he'll go to Chelsea though, if we don't get any creative player in and we missed out on Mata, there's something seriously wrong at the club.

Özim
20-08-2011, 10:46 AM
We were never going to pay up for Mata, I have no doubt about that.

Wenger won't pay big money for players.

selassie
20-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Chelsea must have cheated in some way to sign all the players they have signed. So have all the other clubs that have mysteriously managed to sign players. Normally it is impossible to sign players. I wonder though, are these the first signs of "Arsenal who?" from the players we are approaching? You don't sell your best and buy nobody without people noticing the lack of ambition. If there was a Loot for football transfers they would all be listed, "Serious offers only, no time wasters or Arsene Wenger".

:lol:

Grebbo
20-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Wenger on Sky Sports:

"It's nothing to do with money, just with the quality and availability of the player"

So Aguero, Lukaku, Suarez, Mata, Modric - none of these are good enough for us?

Enough is enough. We have to force this idiot out of our club because he is killing us.

selassie
20-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Yeah, me and the 95% of the gooner fan base that look at actual performances and not price-tags, the guys been in shocking form for a while now but denying the good he did before that is simply retarded.

I didn't know he was 21, that's slightly less impressive but the fact remains that the guy was a handful when he played here, he wasn't quite as shot-shy as you've inferred from his stats either. Could well be he's simply not developed well, or it could be that he's not suited to Serie A which would make sense given that it's very different to the Prem, doubt it's gonna happen though so probably not worth picking over his career when it doesn't matter. :)

Darth do this team really need anymore Projects though? I mean I'm not suggesting Arsene goes and buys Tevez or Higuain, but should we be not aiming higher seeing as we've gutted the team of experience and 2 of our best players?

I really have no idea what Arsene is doing TBH....It sickens me when I see us linked to more 16 years olds whilst we're doing our best to rid our team of experience and quality....it's pitiful.

Darth Vela
20-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Fair point, he's 24 though and I'm sure with his talent and lack of success so far he'll either be hungry for it as he moves into the prime of his career or he'll always be useless, I'm sure it's worth the punt if we think it's worth looking at.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Oh well.

Wenger was probably trying to get him on loan.

Cunt.

Nah he's staying in spain is mata, he has a new contract and loves it there.

Darth Vela
20-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Wenger on Sky Sports:

Enough is enough. We have to force this idiot out of our club because he is killing us.

Also, it's complete and utter balls that the availability of a player isn't linked to price, Spurs didn't let Modric go for 25m but if someone came in with 50m, he'd be gone.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 11:00 AM
We were nver going to pay up for Mata, I have no doubt about that.

Wenger won't pay big money for players.

Sucks if he does go to chavs, not to bothered if he stays in spain though. Rather have Hazard anyways.

Grebbo
20-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Also, it's complete and utter balls that the availability of a player isn't linked to price, Spurs didn't let Modric go for 25m but if someone came in with 50m, he'd be gone.

Why didn't we buy him when Spurs did for £15m? Oh yeah because Wenger thought he was too small for the Prem. Plus he'd kill Diaby and Denilson. Oh well.

Özim
20-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Sucks if he does go to chavs, not to bothered if he stays in spain though. Rather have Hazard anyways.
That isn't happening either, we won't cough up 25 million+ for Hazard.

Özim
20-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Wenger on Sky Sports:

There's plenty of players we could buy to improve our team, problem is Wenger doesn't think they are super quality and can improve our team even if they are vastly superior to what we have.

The fact he undervalues almost every player on the market is also a problem, he expects clubs to sell their prized assets in cut price deals, we may be foolish enough to let our best players go on the cheap....but other clubs aren't.

Even when top players do become available at good prices, he's never in for them. I agree he needs to go.

Barely anyone believes this guy can turn it around, why the f*ck is he still here......I'll tell you why, it's because the board love the money he makes them and couldn't give a toss about what the fans think....money talks.

Booing his vociferously might be a good start in my book, they might get the message if it happens often enough.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Wenger on Sky Sports:

I agree on the availabilty, if these players are not available nothing you can do, but disagree what he says on quality, we could have bought all 4 of those playes you mention, if weacted smartly.

Its like someone at the top has taken a bet aganst us winning things and has acted to make sure it happens.

Darth Vela
20-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Why didn't we buy him when Spurs did for £15m? Oh yeah because Wenger thought he was too small for the Prem. Plus he'd kill Diaby and Denilson. Oh well.

I agreed with it at the time tbh, we've needed a little extra bite and power in our team for quite a while and Modric wouldn't have brought that, I do think he's a quality player though and now it seems like a mistake.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 11:27 AM

This, i reckon he'd be a bargin signing tbh and only 24 as well.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 11:33 AM
David Moyes claims Arsenal target Phil Jagielka is happy to stay at Everton unless he is told otherwise.

Jagielka has been the subject of a failed bid from Arsenal this summer as Gunners boss Arsene Wenger looks to bolster his defensive options.

It has been suggested Arsenal might come back with an improved bid for the England international before the transfer window closes, but Moyes insists Jagielka has told him that he will not rock the boat by pushing for a move to Arsenal.

"I have had two or three conversations with Jags and he is up-to-date with everything and anything that has happened," Moyes told the Liverpool Echo.

"He has said to me that, unless it is something Everton want to do, he is not going to be the one who instigates or pushes anything."

"It will only be if Everton want to do it and I certainly don't want to do it."

Fellaini contract
Meanwhile, Moyes has revealed the club are close to agreeing a new contract with midfielder Marouane Fellaini.

Everton have been locked in talks with the Belgian all summer about a contract extension and Moyes is hopeful the deal will be concluded soon.

"I think the chairman is moving much closer to agreeing a deal with Fellaini," added Moyes.

"I think we are moving towards that now. I can't tell you exactly whether it will happen but there have been several conversations and I think we are moving much closer towards that now."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7113403,00.html

Well that should be that, Just go after Cahill now feck jags tbh

Boss
20-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Yeah but have you seen our squad?? Beggars can't be choosers.

I hear Heskey's available on a free ffs.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Canal+ claim Samir Nasri's talks with Man City have broken down and that he is now likely to stay at Arsenal.

http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove/

Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri is set to stay at the Emirates Stadium for the remainder of his contract, according to reports emerging from France.

The Frenchman had been strongly linked with a £22m move to Manchester City before the end of the summer transfer window, but French TV station Canal+ claim that talks have broken down, and Nasri will see out the final year of his contract with Arsenal.

Nasri was a surprise inclusion from the start of Saturday's Premier League encounter at home to Liverpool.

More to follow...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/20/2628349/samir-nasri-set-to-stay-at-arsenal-after-talks-with

Elreactor
20-08-2011, 12:50 PM

My apologies :good:

Unai Tea
20-08-2011, 01:15 PM
It doesn't say that though. It says "Quite why Wenger would want the former Birmingham striker is anyone’s guess"

Basically it's saying Zarate is shit not that we don't need a striker.

Well, not to split hairs, but it does say that. The full quote:

"Quite why Wenger would want another striker is anyone's guess – and why former Birmingham frontman Zarate in particular is a complete mystery – but who knows what goes on in the mind of the nutty professor these days."

Why would Wenger want another striker? Can you guess? If you can manage to figure that crazy notion out, try and figure out why Zarate would be the one Wenger chooses. That's basically the gist of it.

Now I can figure out the first bit, but I just don't know enough about Zarate to figure out why the second bit seems like a complete mystery to the writer (who seems like a bit of a sarky cockface)

Grebbo
20-08-2011, 01:28 PM
http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove/

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/20/2628349/samir-nasri-set-to-stay-at-arsenal-after-talks-with

Makes sense why he hasn't left yet.

I suppose it's a good thing because Wenger wouldn't have spent the £20m we'd have got for him anyway.

Stan must be pissed though, that was a new boat for him.

Master Splinter
20-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Stan must be pissed though, that was a new boat for him.

£20m boat?

That would be quite awesome.

Grebbo
20-08-2011, 02:29 PM
£20m boat?

That would be quite awesome.

It's pretty cheap for a boat.

Unai Tea
20-08-2011, 02:33 PM
It's pretty cheap for a boat.

That depends on whether the boat is super quality or not.

Elreactor
20-08-2011, 02:55 PM
That depends on whether the boat is super quality or not.

It´s not Wenger´s boat so no worries there. Just a functional boat.

AKBapologist
20-08-2011, 04:30 PM
http://www.lifesports.ru/news/67135

"Arsenal" beckons Honda
The Gunners are going to purchase football capital of CSKA.

Guide London "Arsenal" made a formal offer to buy CSKA 25-year-old Japanese midfielder Keisuke Honda.

- "The Gunners' offer for the Honda about 13 million euros - said a source in the Life Sports camp CSKA. - It is in such an amount estimated at this time a Japanese official data. Initially, management of Londoners also drawn to the army team on another midfielder - Russians Alan Dzagoev. But the leadership of red and blue is not ready to part with their talented player and refused to "Arsenal".

- As for Honda, his transfer is real, as myself and the player wants to leave CSKA, and the club will not let him go away for a good price.

Cause

Active interest in the team Arsene Wenger's midfield players to fully understand.

Londoners in this transfer window has left the main star of the club Francesc Fabregas, who joined in the Catalonian "Barcelona", and in the near future will be fully completed the transition Samir Nasri to another English club - "Manchester City".

- Honda has good potential and the necessary skills to take place at the heart of "Arsenal" - continued the source. - Also in the team competition after the departure of Wenger and Fabregas Nasri markedly decreased. For the most Keisuke it will be a clear step forward. Especially in recent CSKA suits him much more.

Recall that Keisuke Honda stands for metropolitan CSKA since 2010.

His contract with the club designed in 2013.

Unai Tea
20-08-2011, 04:40 PM
I'd be happy enough to see us bring in Honda. It's a start to fixing some of the gaps in our team. Zarate maybe would fill the experience gap we have at winger/striker. We'd also be daft now to forego at least one if not two defenders. Absolutely daft.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2011, 04:44 PM
http://www.lifesports.ru/news/67135

"Arsenal" beckons Honda
The Gunners are going to purchase football capital of CSKA.

Guide London "Arsenal" made a formal offer to buy CSKA 25-year-old Japanese midfielder Keisuke Honda.

- "The Gunners' offer for the Honda about 13 million euros - said a source in the Life Sports camp CSKA. - It is in such an amount estimated at this time a Japanese official data. Initially, management of Londoners also drawn to the army team on another midfielder - Russians Alan Dzagoev. But the leadership of red and blue is not ready to part with their talented player and refused to "Arsenal".

- As for Honda, his transfer is real, as myself and the player wants to leave CSKA, and the club will not let him go away for a good price.

Cause

Active interest in the team Arsene Wenger's midfield players to fully understand.

Londoners in this transfer window has left the main star of the club Francesc Fabregas, who joined in the Catalonian "Barcelona", and in the near future will be fully completed the transition Samir Nasri to another English club - "Manchester City".

- Honda has good potential and the necessary skills to take place at the heart of "Arsenal" - continued the source. - Also in the team competition after the departure of Wenger and Fabregas Nasri markedly decreased. For the most Keisuke it will be a clear step forward. Especially in recent CSKA suits him much more.

Recall that Keisuke Honda stands for metropolitan CSKA since 2010.

His contract with the club designed in 2013.

yes please......we may now have to realistic that we are not getting the likes of Pele, Maradonna or David Speedie so Honda would be a good buy, and fairly reasonable in price but now doubt we will try and knock 50p off the price before showing the dosh.

Japanese players are commited and Kagawa would be a dream.

On todays perfromance we need both attacking flair and someone to steady the ship in the middle so Honda is only one piece of the jigsaw

going with the rumours......I pray we qualify for the CL so Hazard comes, shell out 20mil+ for him......add Honda and a CB, what would that give us (depends on Nas now I s'ppose!? - which if he stays could see Honda just being a story!) - a striker too, because we are tight arses I was thinking Obwinge but he signed a new deal and may be a little old.......so who?

McNamara That Ghost...
20-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Are we in the drivers seat for Honda?

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2011, 04:49 PM

:ilt:

Master Splinter
20-08-2011, 04:52 PM

:bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2011, 04:57 PM

Wenger has asked for a test drive first

isv
20-08-2011, 04:58 PM

I suppose this is the prelude to the transfer ??

isv
20-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Does Wenger want to Jazz up our midfield ???

Unai Tea
20-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Hopefully We can come to an amicable accord with CSKA.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2011, 05:05 PM
yeah I hope there is no U-turn on this deal

Edinburgh Gooner
20-08-2011, 05:05 PM
oh the puns lol

isv
20-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Hopefully We can come to an amicable accord with CSKA.

only wenger will have the insight on that..

Unai Tea
20-08-2011, 05:07 PM
yeah I hope there is no U-turn on this deal

Well, I'm not sure about a Honda u-turn but I'm going to back him to become a civic and club legend.

Unai Tea
20-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Honda beats the stream of youngsters we've been buying recently...

milla
20-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Should have gone for Nuri Sahin as Cesc replacement not Honda. Real Madrid got him for cheap, less than £9mil. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Honda beats the stream of youngsters we've been buying recently...

Very reliable I heard, though unspectacular.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Has a good engine.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Very reliable I heard, though unspectacular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovcem9i2ijg&feature=related

although I do realise that we wont be seeing this every week so point taken.......he has got a lot of upside tho, strong, attacks and defends more than Arshavin......could be worth a go because with regards to spectacular the whole of the current team is anything but and definitely not reliable

Boss
20-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Fuck off with the car puns plsthx lads.

And Honda would be a good buy to help us replace some of Cesc's creativity.

Elreactor
20-08-2011, 05:32 PM

Honda is already a Legend. Bring him asap. And then keep buying of course.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-08-2011, 05:36 PM

Bad day for us all Boss, mate!
just letting off some steam

like I said, good buy but will we? well suppose just gonna have wait and see

Elreactor
20-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Bad day for us all Boss, mate!
just letting off some steam

like I said, good buy but will we? well suppose just gonna have wait and see

I think this one is more realistic than Mata or Hazard. And with the price they mention, there should be enough money available for a couple more decent signings, ready to start games. If Wenger wipes the (miles of) dust off his talent to spot good players, and pisses at least a little on everyone above him, we might see a reborn squad for a reasonable overall price.

Niall_Quinn
20-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I think this one is more realistic than Mata or Hazard. And with the price they mention, there should be enough money available for a couple more decent signings, ready to start games. If Wenger wipes the (miles of) dust off his talent to spot good players, and pisses at least a little on everyone above him, we might see a reborn squad for a reasonable overall price.

And we have about 10 days to make it all happen.

Elreactor
20-08-2011, 05:53 PM
And we have about 10 days to make it all happen.

Anyway Wenger won´t wipe anything off, so it doesn´t Mata ( :good: ) how many days there are left.

Instead of a reborn squad, we´ll stick to a bunch of neonatal twats.

alexander
20-08-2011, 06:24 PM
I like Honda, would be a good addition, not too expensive and would be good for Ryo. I hope this happens.

fakeyank
20-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Honda doesnt have a good engine, so no...

:getcoat:

AKBapologist
20-08-2011, 06:53 PM
http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/20/arsenal-may-covet-a-red-bull-on-the-rise/?smid=tw-nytimesgoal&seid=auto

Boss
20-08-2011, 08:02 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14604405.stm?

Nasri still going apparently.

Given that the press change their minds about this every couple of hours, going to wait and see what happens.

GunnerFan4Life
20-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Gerv was seen at the chelsea match. Byebye.

milla
20-08-2011, 08:17 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14604405.stm?

Nasri still going apparently.

Given that the press change their minds about this every couple of hours, going to wait and see what happens.

Give him big pay rise, make him the biggest earner at the club. If Nasri leave, I dont see Wenger buying (there is no one available anyway) another ACM as good as Nasri. :coffee:

4-3-3
20-08-2011, 08:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuQmxI2bGU0&NR=1

GunnerFan4Life
20-08-2011, 09:45 PM
According to the Canal+ Rennes refused bid of €20m from Arsenal for Yann M'Vila

Elreactor
20-08-2011, 10:22 PM
But how much would they want for him? If it´s true, then I expect this kind of shit from any other team as well, for any half-decent player. They can speculate with Wenger having quite some money and the window approaching. We´re on the verge of being seriously fucked.

Cripps_orig
21-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Linked with Arteta. Forgot about him. He's been shit for a few years now and injury prone so would make sense getting as he'd fit right in.Give Everton £60m for him, Jagielka, Baines and Fellaini. That's £15m for each and it improves all areas of the pitch bar upfront but Fellaini can play upfront in Pro tbh so play him up top for us and get Parker in.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Linked with Arteta. Forgot about him. He's been shit for a few years now and injury prone so would make sense getting as he'd fit right in.Give Everton £60m for him, Jagielka, Baines and Fellaini. That's £15m for each and it improves all areas of the pitch bar upfront but Fellaini can play upfront in Pro tbh so play him up top for us and get Parker in.

In a world made up in our dreams, this could actually happen but we would be wise to remember such a move would leave the toffes in a wise first team crisis so I wouldnt be surprised if we got politely told to do one!

Fellaini snd Jags would be great buys. . .LB is a prob but cant see Baines going anywhere fast. . .should have seriously pushed for Enrique, shit we could have picked him up for less than Clichy
I seriously think politics are involved with our moves this summwr and that AW has less say than we think. . .but after a sale especially of a first team player it should be his job to suggest replacements and Enrique, with his desire for a move would have been a non brainer, he would have been assured of first team football if we had moved fast, Liverpool are giving him that now I know but it is by no means assured considering the size of their squad
it would have been one less worry with no financial cost

you can bet we aint going to get anyone for what we consider a bargain now so you can quite literally shove your waiting period up your arse, Arsene. . . .that is, once you have taken your head out first!

Flavs
21-08-2011, 06:46 AM
I am beginning to think we are eitehr broke or the board have told Wenger not to spend. I just refuse to accept our manager would let the team get to where it was yesterday, he isnt that daft. Also why are we trying to loan Lucho gonzalez rather than buying him??

Strange things are going on at Arsenal and i would bet one of my balls its not ALL down to the manager as many on here would have you believe

-Xs-
21-08-2011, 08:42 AM
The People reckons we are after kaka

http://www.emirates247.com/sports/football/arsenal-plotting-bid-for-real-mega-star-kaka-2011-08-21-1.414334

The bullshit is strong with this one..Silly season is truly upon us

Thierrymon
21-08-2011, 08:46 AM
I am beginning to think we are eitehr broke or the board have told Wenger not to spend. I just refuse to accept our manager would let the team get to where it was yesterday, he isnt that daft. Also why are we trying to loan Lucho gonzalez rather than buying him??

Strange things are going on at Arsenal and i would bet one of my balls its not ALL down to the manager as many on here would have you believe

Maybe the board are saving all the cash for when the new manager comes in next season.

hobson's choice
21-08-2011, 09:44 AM

This, no one who has achieved that much could be this stupid or delusional

hobson's choice
21-08-2011, 09:48 AM
The People reckons we are after kaka

http://www.emirates247.com/sports/football/arsenal-plotting-bid-for-real-mega-star-kaka-2011-08-21-1.414334

The bullshit is strong with this one..Silly season is truly upon us

Wish so bad this was so true, he's not the same we saw for Milan, but he's still better than anything we got, and he's barely played in 2 seasons so he'll be fresh. He speaks English, he's willing to take a pay cut, and he doesn't seem to be one of those I have to win trophies type player.

Özim
21-08-2011, 10:04 AM
This, no one who has achieved that much could be this stupid or delusional
Well he did spend 15 million on Oxo cube and yesterday opted or Bendtner ahead of him on the wing, highlighting the fact he clearly doesn't think Oxo is ready.

He could have spent 15 million on a player he thought was ready to slot in which would have made more sense.

Power n Glory
21-08-2011, 10:05 AM

If that were true we wouldn't have paid so much for Chamerlain.

Özim
21-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Exactly, a player Wenger doesn't deem good enough to play on the wing yet.

Power n Glory
21-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Well he did spend 15 million on Oxo cube and yesterday opted or Bendtner ahead of him on the wing, highlighting the fact he clearly doesn't think Oxo is ready.

He could have spend 15 million on a player he thought was ready to slot in which would have made more sense.

My thoughts exactly.

selassie
21-08-2011, 10:07 AM
But how much would they want for him? If it´s true, then I expect this kind of shit from any other team as well, for any half-decent player. They can speculate with Wenger having quite some money and the window approaching. We´re on the verge of being seriously fucked.

The problem we face is that we're no longer an attractive proposition for players. I know it sounds like I'm being negative but if we were we'd have the likes of Jagielka, Mata & MVila wrapped up as they would effectively try & force through the move.

I accept that we're not in the top tier like Man U, Chelsea, Barca, Real et al, but it baffles and kind of worries me when players from mid table teams in PL don't fancy moving to us.

Özim
21-08-2011, 10:10 AM
The problem we face is that we're no longer an attractive proposition for players. I know it sounds like I'm being negative but if we were we'd have the likes of Jagielka, Mata & MVila wrapped up as they would effectively try & force through the move.

I accept that we're not in the top tier like Man U, Chelsea, Barca, Real et al, but it baffles and kind of worries me when players from mid table teams in PL don't fancy moving to us.
I agree, but then we've brought in on ourselves...the losers tag we've gained as well as the fact we've sold many of our best players and have not really invested would make any top player wonder why they should come here.

The policy we've undertaken since the stadium was in the pipeline has been so wrong for so many reasons.

Joker
21-08-2011, 10:16 AM

Exactly, we've actually spent some money this transfer window, the problem is it's been spent on extremely inexperienced young players who have a grand total of 0 appearances in a top level league. This just shows that Wenger has lost the plot completely, because the money is obviously available based on his actions and comments this summer, but he has chosen to spend it on youth, trying again to create a second youth project, having seen the first one with Denilson, Bendtner, Diaby etc fail miserably. I have a terrible feeling that unless Wenger is replaced, the next 5 years will be exactly the same as the last 5, with young players thrown into the deep end to compete in major tournaments before they've matured and without experienced heads around them to guide them through these difficult periods.

Grebbo
21-08-2011, 10:18 AM

I agree we're not attractive to very good players anymore.

However, if you believe reports then even Chelsea failed with their first bid for Mata.

With the players you quote I think it's more a case of us not bidding anywhere near their value.

If we had of bid more realistically for Mata and Jagielka I have no doubt we'd have signed them.

StamfordBrdige
21-08-2011, 10:24 AM

So your board are fine with £15m being spent on a kid but not £6m being spent on an experienced PL LB (enrique). You say he isn't that daft, well i beg to disagree.

We are talking of a man who:
1) Let Almunia start as your number 1 goalie last season when it was clear as fucking day that a new goalie was needed.
2) Refused to pay an extra million or 2 to get you the keeper that was needed.
3) Didn't start arshavin in a major cup game a few seasons back cos he wanted to prove that the team could win without him. They didn't.
4) Plays lots of players out of position constantly despite the fact they suck at their new position (case in point is bendtner).
5) Has still not improved the team's overall defensive showing despite years of defensive suckiness costing the team in a big way.
6) Appears unable to toughen the team's mental state and thus stop the semi-regular end of season collapse.

Just some of the reasons why i think it's all down to AW. No other top manager would refuse to play their best player in a major cup game because they want to prove a point. I mean WTF?? That is not the kind of game where experiment with shit like that, it makes no sense at all but that's what your manager did.

Your club isn't one of those clubs where the board/chairman interferes in the managers job and tells them who to sign etc. The guy even had a say in who his boss would be.

It's quite clear what he's doing with the squad. He's in the process of dismantling the last bunch of kids and is building a new one.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2011, 10:27 AM

He could have spent 15 million on a player he thought was ready to slot in which would have made more sense.

so what Man u spent 20 mill on Phil jones no diffrence, you have to play big money for talent these days, he would have gone to the mancs for the same price

Power n Glory
21-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Exactly, we've actually spent some money this transfer window, the problem is it's been spent on extremely inexperienced young players who have a grand total of 0 appearances in a top level league. This just shows that Wenger has lost the plot completely, because the money is obviously available based on his actions and comments this summer, but he has chosen to spend it on youth, trying again to create a second youth project, having seen the first one with Denilson, Bendtner, Diaby etc fail miserably. I have a terrible feeling that unless Wenger is replaced, the next 5 years will be exactly the same as the last 5, with young players thrown into the deep end to compete in major tournaments before they've matured and without experienced heads around them to guide them through these difficult periods.

He's chosen not to spend because he doesn't think the quality is there. Yesterday, he said he can't spend every time a someone gets injured, he has no intentions of buying a new CB. Same goes for LB. We just saw Luis Enrique play a solid game for us while Gibbs and Troare are out injured with Sagna playing on the left instead. Enrique wouldn't have cost us much. £6m and we sold Clichy for £7m. It's not about quality, he just wants to certain players a chance.

I'm just watching Sessengnon for Sunderland. Watch him play. Sunderland paid £6m for him. Watch his first touch, close control, power, dribbling, his shoot on site policy....quality player and loads of value. How can he say there is no one out there when we see guys like this go to lower league clubs for cheap.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2011, 10:29 AM
So your board are fine with £15m being spent on a kid but not £6m being spent on an experienced PL LB (enrique). You say he isn't that daft, well i beg to disagree.

1) Let Almunia start as your number 1 goalie last season when it was clear as fucking day that a new goalie was needed.
3) Didn't start arshavin in a major cup game a few seasons back cos he wanted to prove that the team could win without him. They didn't.
4) Plays lots of players out of position constantly despite the fact they suck at their new position (case in point is bendtner).
5) Has still not improved the team's overall defensive showing despite years of defensive suckiness costing the team in a big way.
6) Appears unable to toughen the team's mental state and thus stop the semi-regular end of season collapse.

Just some of the reasons why i think it's all down to AW. No other top manager would refuse to play their best player in a major cup game because they want to prove a point. I mean WTF?? That is not the kind of game where experiment with shit like that, it makes no sense at all but that's what your manager did.

Your club isn't one of those clubs where the board/chairman interferes in the managers job and tells them who to sign etc. The guy even had a say in who his boss would be.

It's quite clear what he's doing with the squad. He's in the process of dismantling the last bunch of kids and is building a new one.

And you know what goes on in the boardroom how, you don't even know waht goes on at Chelsea let alone Arsenal.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
21-08-2011, 10:30 AM

7. refusing to pay £16m for alonso and only £12m, when in the end he ended up going for £30m+.
8. refusing to tell denilson to track back in EVERY game he played in. resulting in goals being conceded.
9. no defensive coach.
10. underbidding for every player.
11. lying to fans
12. insulting our intelligence with a load of crap
13. saying finishing 2nd is fine.

the list goes on.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2011, 10:34 AM
He's chosen not to spend because he doesn't think the quality is there. Yesterday, he said he can't spend every time a someone gets injured, he has no intentions of buying a new CB. Same goes for LB. We just saw Luis Enrique play a solid game for us while Gibbs and Troare are out injured with Sagna playing on the left instead. Enrique wouldn't have cost us much. £6m and we sold Clichy for £7m. It's not about quality, he just wants to certain players a chance.

I'm just watching Sessengnon for Sunderland. Watch him play. Sunderland paid £6m for him. Watch his first touch, close control, power, dribbling, his shoot on site policy....quality player and loads value. How can he say there is no one out there when we see guys like this go to lower league clubs for cheap

Not sure we really needed him at the time sunderland got him, in Wenger eyes and most on here we had song, so he was not really a priority tbh.

Power n Glory
21-08-2011, 10:36 AM
And you know what goes on in the boardroom how, you don't even know waht goes on at Chelsea let alone Arsenal.

Do you really need to be in the board room to know he made a mistake with Almunia or playing Bendy on the wings?

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Do you really need to be in the board room to know he made a mistake with Almunia or playing Bendy on the wings?

Well mo that just common sesne, but im talking behind the scenes, we don't know what convo's they have do we.

StamfordBrdige
21-08-2011, 10:40 AM

I doubt the board are the ones who identify the players that should be signed. If you are saying they are then AW takes no credit for any of the players who have come through in recent times (or in the past).

Chelsea is well known for Roman sticking his nose where the fuck it doesn't belong (Shevchenko, Ballack etc) which is why Jose left in the 1st place.

Joker
21-08-2011, 10:43 AM
It's pretty clear that Wenger has a free reign when it comes to identifying players and signing them. The only issue is regards to transfer funds, with some saying there is less money available than is commonly assumed, because they can't believe Wenger would be so stupid not to strengthen the squad when it's so weak. However, like others have said, public statements by both the manager and the Chief Executive indicate money is available. Analysis by the AST makes the same point that we do have funds available, which may not be anywhere near the amount available to teams like City, but is still enough to get you 2-3 top quality players if you're looking in the right places.

I dislike our board immensely, but when it comes to the bizarre decisions taken in recent transfer windows, there's only one man to blame for that and it's Wenger.

Power n Glory
21-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Not sure we really needed him at the time sunderland got him, in Wenger eyes and most on here we had song, so he was not really a priority tbh.

He's not a defensive midfielder. He can play through the centre, on the flanks or behind the striker.

We bought Gervinho and Chamerlain for big fees. Last year in January, it was obvious Arshavin and Rosicky were struggling, plus they've got a year left on their contracts. Today, we find ourselves in a position where we have to rely on players that might not be here next year. We knew this day was coming but didn't act on it.

Grebbo
21-08-2011, 10:48 AM
It's pretty clear that Wenger has a free reign when it comes to identifying players and signing them. The only issue is regards to transfer funds, with some saying there is less money available than is commonly assumed, because they can't believe Wenger would be so stupid not to strengthen the squad when it's so weak. However, like others have said, public statements by both the manager and the Chief Executive indicate money is available. Analysis by the AST makes the same point that we do have funds available, which may not be anywhere near the amount available to teams like City, but is still enough to get you 2-3 top quality players if you're looking in the right places.

I dislike our board immensely, but when it comes to the bizarre decisions taken in recent transfer windows, there's only one man to blame for that and it's Wenger.

:gp:

hobson's choice
21-08-2011, 10:53 AM

I'm just clutching at straws, I don't even know anything anymore. This is just bad.

Özim
21-08-2011, 11:13 AM
so what Man u spent 20 mill on Phil jones no diffrence, you have to play big money for talent these days, he would have gone to the mancs for the same price
Yes but they are willing to play him, there lies the difference.

Yesterday he brought Bendtner on to play as a winger, if he wanted a winger he should have brought Oxo on, else play Bendtner up top. The fact he didn't suggests he doesn't think he's ready making it odd he'd spend 15 million on him.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Yes but they are willing to play him, there lies the difference.

Yesterday he brought Bendtner on to play as a winger, if he wanted a winger he should have brought Oxo on, else play Bendtner up top. The fact he didn't suggests he doesn't think he's ready making it odd he'd spend 15 million on him.

Have no Answers other then, he was bought to be a sqaud player, Like with theo, and i can only guess Aw took it as a gamble. ANd id judge that purcahse over a 3 year period tbh, if he is not played that many games in 3 years then it will be a waste of money but if he does and does well then not a waste of money.

I suppose if AOC was not english he'd not be bought for so much too.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2011, 11:23 AM

Doesn't Gazidaz have a hand in this like Dien use too, Ivan is the one who agrees contracts(with help from AW you'd assume) but he is the one who will say what wages we can have etc.

RomfordPele
21-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Have no Answers other then, he was bought to be a sqaud player, Like with theo, and i can only guess Aw took it as a gamble. ANd id judge that purcahse over a 3 year period tbh, if he is not played that many games in 3 years then it will be a waste of money but if he does and does well then not a waste of money.

I suppose if AOC was not english he'd not be bought for so much too.

Still begs the question why spend £15m on an unproven winger that you don't need and baulk at spending £15m on a proven centreback that you do need. Absolutely bonkers!

And sorry, I'm not buying all this, "maybe it's the board's fault" stuff. This is Wenger's planet-sized ego, pure and simple. Won't spend big on proven talent because then he doesn't get the credit if they do well, and takes on all the risk if they don't do well.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I can honestly say Im miffed with the Mata situation, I have just read Chelsea boss praise Mata and saying how much the club neef midfielders. . .this obviously means that he is off to Chelsea. . .and for a reported fee of 23.5 mil

you telling me we couldnt have done that?

AKBapologist
21-08-2011, 12:33 PM
I think Arsenal bid £14mill for him, as soon as other clubs became interested his value sky rocketed. Don't think he's all that tbh.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-08-2011, 12:39 PM
nor are we tbh AKB mate!

AKBapologist
21-08-2011, 12:47 PM
I think he's one of those players that you'd get a 'meh' effect from. Ok to make up the numbers (which I guess we kinda need) but watching him vs Liverpool in preseason he seemed average. Might turn good who knows.

We need 4 signings minimum really. CB, CDM, AM, CF, each of the top quality and now that we're desperate we should pay over the odds for them tbh.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Please just buy Parker, Barton, Cahill (both preferably), Bellamy (apparently City are about to give away their unwanted players for free), Jagileka, Baines and let's give Arteta a try. All are gettable for various reasons, total cost would probably come in under £60mill and we must have plenty in the wage kitty given the departures. Instant injection of experience and fire plus enough to deal with the injury horror story we have to endure each season.

This could be done in the time we have left, all those big Euro names would take another six months just to deal with their poxy demands, I want a mansion, I want free flights back to the homeland, I want, I want, i want,.. fuck 'em. buy locally and save the hassle.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Mata is a very good player, I don't think it's fair to judge someone on pre-season really.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Please just buy Parker, Barton, Cahill (both preferably), Bellamy (apparently City are about to give away their unwanted players for free), Jagileka, Baines and let's give Arteta a try. All are gettable for various reasons, total cost would probably come in under £60mill and we must have plenty in the wage kitty given the departures. Instant injection of experience and fire plus enough to deal with the injury horror story we have to endure each season.

This could be done in the time we have left, all those big Euro names would take another six months just to deal with their poxy demands, I want a mansion, I want free flights back to the homeland, I want, I want, i want,.. fuck 'em. buy locally and save the hassle.

I think £60 million for all of those is probably optimistic. Most of those are English and going from one English club to another, we'll have to pay the premium for them and you know we'll come in with a low-ball figure that we won't move away from. There is just as much hassle, only, it'll be coming from us.

KESSLER
21-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Are we getting Kaka then? :pray:

gunsofashburtongrove
21-08-2011, 01:03 PM

Yup i definitely think that its not all down to him, have been hearing what a lot of people have been saying some AST members, Dein, ex-players etc. What i can make out is that we did go through a period when he had no money and hence the reliance on only youth. Now we do have money (may not be a 100 million though) all the other clubs realize it and charge us a premium for players which we are not prepared to do. I think we will buy and have already tied a few deals down but we wont announce till the prices are agreed on Nasri and some of players we are buying.
The Lucho loan move doesn't surprise me neither does Kaka on loan, Hazard and Jagielka. We would probably get Jagielka as he fits the best into our defense can play CB and LB, but are just haggling with Everton whom we know desperately need money

Japan Shaking All Over
21-08-2011, 01:08 PM

I would be very surprised if Everton let us help them financially by raping their team of their best players. . . . not all teams are cut from the same cloth as us

but they do have good players that would help us out, Baines is good but I would take Felliani and Jags. . .Beelemy would give us an energy boost and considering the kind of players we realistcally are going to be able to attract, he fits the bill

topgun
21-08-2011, 01:14 PM
I dont think there is any question that there is money available for transfers,Wenger himself openly admitted in an interview the other day he would have no problem paying 30/40 million for the right player/players.Never before has the man spoke so openly about spending money,and thats as a result of fan pressure as far as i am concerned,and its important that this kind of pressure continues.Yes its important the fans get behind the players and support the team but its also important that our voice is heard.We have seen the results of the six year Wenger experiment and its clear it cant be let continue,its early days I know but I think Wenger and the board are finally getting the message that the fans cannot be ignored any longer,time will tell I know and I hope its not just wishful thinking on my part.:oldboy:

GunnerFan4Life
21-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Scouts at the West Ham game to watch Parker. :pray:

alexander
21-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Scouts at the West Ham game to watch Parker. :pray:

better than Song, that prat gets booked in the first 15mins of every bloody game. Plus he has a smart haircut. Old-skool

Japan Shaking All Over
21-08-2011, 02:17 PM
desperate times require desparate measures..........didnt QPR bid 4mil

wonder how much it would cost us?..........we're going to get squeezed

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2011, 02:35 PM
better than Song, that prat gets booked in the first 15mins of every bloody game. Plus he has a smart haircut. Old-skool

The haircut is an important point which is mostly overlooked.

selassie
21-08-2011, 03:50 PM
I think Arsenal bid £14mill for him, as soon as other clubs became interested his value sky rocketed. Don't think he's all that tbh.

Mata would walk into our team easily. He's not some unknown Kid, he's an established top class La Liga & Spanish international.

The fact that we bid 14mill tells us all we need to know about Arsene & our club.

Master Splinter
21-08-2011, 04:36 PM
We never put a bid in for Mata.

It was all newspaper/Balague nonsense.

It would be good to sign a player like him, but if the club never submitted a bid, you can't have a go at them for losing out on a player they never had any intention of buying.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Kaka cut for Arsenal switch

this made me read straight away but the story is about the odds of signing - sigh!

....Real Madrid striker Kaka has been cut to 10/1 (from 14/1) to join Arsenal with Sky Bet after reports of a move to the Premier League club materialised on Sunday.

The online betting company saw a steady stream of bets for the Brazilian star to move to the Emirates, with Arsene Wenger under pressure to re-invest some of Cesc Fabregas' transfer fee after a lacklustre start to the campaign.

Following the 2-0 home defeat to Liverpool, Wenger moved to 6/1 to be the next Premier League manager to leave his post, with his reluctance to spend money on players annoying some quarters of the Gunners faithful.

Arsenal have been linked to a number of central defenders with Gary Cahill 13/8 to make the switch to north London, Blackburn skipper Chris Samba 4/9 to join and Scott Dann 1/8 to bolster the Gunners backline.

Elsewhere, Didier Drogba is 5/4 to join Tottenham after Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas admitted he is uncertain of the Ivory Coast striker's future.

AVB said last week he is hopeful of securing Drogba on a new one-year deal, but conceded on Saturday that no agreement has been reached.

Turkish Super Lig outfit Galatasaray are 5/1 to sign Drogba, with his former club Marseille (12/1) also in the picture.

surely we could do no worse then to get into that race........Drogba would be a good addition for us, could play the lone role well or with RvP behind him in a two up top

Elreactor
21-08-2011, 04:51 PM
this made me read straight away but the story is about the odds of signing - sigh!

surely we could do no worse then to get into that race........Drogba would be a good addition for us, could play the lone role well or with RvP behind him in a two up top

Would love Kaka + Drogba playing for Arsenal. How much?

Marc Overmars
21-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Kaka would be nice on paper, but he hasn't really had an outstanding season since Milan's CL winning year of 06/07.

The Verminator
21-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Not gonna happen but I'd definitely take a gamble on Kaka.

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Kaka would mean paying big wages for a small return. Worth it? The guy has been finished for years.

GunnerFan4Life
21-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Scouts were also at Bolton watching Cahill.

Wenger must surely have something planned....

Kaiser
21-08-2011, 05:27 PM
We've been watching him for about a century. And fuck all has happened.

hobson's choice
21-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Kaka to me is still a very good player, yeah he's lost his pace, but still got quality, and he looked good when he was getting the odd games for Madrid last season, and according to some reports in Italy he will have no problem taking a pay cut to leave Madrid.

Joker
21-08-2011, 05:29 PM
I don't think Wenger's interested in buying a centre half tbh, given what he said after the Liverpool game.

fakeyank
21-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Scouts were also at Bolton watching Cahill.

Wenger must surely have something planned....

Source?

GunnerFan4Life
21-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Cahill is being watched by Arsenal scouts (again) today, says the BBC

-Twitter

Cant find it anywhere on BBC

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2011, 05:59 PM
I don't think Wenger's interested in buying a centre half tbh, given what he said after the Liverpool game.

He's going to say that isn't he come on now

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Kaka would be nice on paper, but he hasn't really had an outstanding season since Milan's CL winning year of 06/07.

Better then anything we have and is he not that Marquee signing you've been on about.

He'd lift the players and the fans tbh, worth a punt if true.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has insisted Samir Nasri is happy at the club and says any deal for his possible departure is nowhere near being done.

Nasri had been expected to complete a move to Manchester City before reports emerged on Saturday that the transfer had fallen through.

Wenger selected Nasri in the Arsenal starting XI for the 2-0 defeat to Liverpool and after the match refused to be drawn on the latest stories surrounding the midfielder, saying he did not know if talks had broken down.

The Gunners manager has now declared that no deal is imminent and indicated that Nasri may yet remain at the Emirates Stadium.

"He is happy here. There is no departure of Nasri at the moment," Wenger told French media outlet TF1.

"Maybe one day, but it's far, far, far from being done."

Nasri's departure would leave the Gunners severely undermanned in midfield after Cesc Fabregas completed his protracted move to his hometown club Barcelona last week.

To add to Wenger's problems he is also without Alex Song and Gervinho due to suspension while Emmanuel Frimpong, who made his starting league debut on Saturday, will also serve a ban after he saw red against Liverpool.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7116171,00.html

Roberto Mancini has stated after Manchester City's 3-2 victory over Bolton that he hopes Samir Nasri will join the club in the next 24 hours. More to follow.

fakeyank
21-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Pls let him leave :pray:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has declared that he is optimistic about tying up a deal for Arsenal's Samir Nasri in the near future.

The French midfielder's proposed switch to the Etihad Stadium was cast into doubt on Saturday when reports surfaced that talks had broken down.

Arsene Wenger then stated after selecting Nasri for the game against Liverpool on Saturday that an agreement was still a long way off.

Mancini is much more confident that a move will go ahead and has indicated there could even be developments by Monday.

"I hope we can have the player in the next days," he told Sky Sports after City's 3-2 victory over Bolton on Sunday.

Departures
Asked if it could be done in the next 24 hours, Mancini replied: "Maybe.

"I don't know what's the problem. I hope this week we can have Nasri, but don't know when. We have 10 days to the end (of the transfer window)."

Mancini added that he would still not consider his transfer business complete for the summer if Nasri does sign.

Questioned on whether the Frenchman would be the last one in, he answered: "I hope not."

Mancini also admitted that there would probably be some departures from City before the end of the month, saying: "I am sure we need to sell some players if we want to complete our team."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7116683,00.html

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Mancini is as vocal about transfers as Galliani. :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Need to get him sold asap, gotta use the last 10 days for our signings, not negotiations on selling a plaayer ffs.

Honestly, all that crap about nasri being happy at the club, if that was the case why the fuck wont he sign a new deal???

Its all bullshit tbh. He wants out and were trying to sell him, end of.

I wish wenger would just tell them no comment or something, instead of making stuff up.

Also, I dont find myself getting in the least bit excited about the possibility of Kaka joining us, he's old hat now and it would only be on loan. No fucking point.

The money would be better spent on siging new players, we cant afford to waste it anymore. Mind you he would probably sell a lot of shirts with his name on, so that would make the board [-]plenty of money[/-] happy :coffee:

hobson's choice
21-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Well that's it Mata to Chelsea is just about done, just heard it on 606. It's on Valencia's site.

gunnerrrrr
21-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Well that's it Mata to Chelsea is just about done, just heard it on 606. It's on Valencia's site.

i'm gutted...the one quality youngster we were in for....:doh:

KSE Comedy Club
21-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Yay.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Valencia have announced that an agreement has been reached with Chelsea to take Juan Mata to Stamford Bridge.

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2011, 07:00 PM
i'm gutted...the one quality youngster we were in for....:doh:

we was never in for him though it was all papaer rumors and BS from Balague.

Marc Overmars
21-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Us not bothering to sign someone like Mata. :doh:

FFS.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Speculation:
Reports in Italy have suggested that Juventus could make a swoop for Arsenal midfielder Andrey Arshavin

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html

Cripps_orig
21-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has made bids of £15m and more than £20m respectively for Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila and Lille forward Eden Hazard. The Frenchman may also return to Everton with a fresh approach for defender Phil Jagielka.Full story: Daily MirrorArsenal are set to open talks with Lazio striker Mauro Zarate and hope to have the Argentine in the squad in time for the weekend's match against Manchester United.Full story: Footy BunkerI'll take Hazard. Zarate is a bit shit now. Who the hell is Aston M Villa? Fuck off

AKBapologist
21-08-2011, 11:48 PM
CDM and the next captain of France. Must get tbh.

AKBapologist
22-08-2011, 12:12 AM
http://t.co/AmctaLD

Mr. Lahey
22-08-2011, 01:38 AM
CDM and the next captain of France. Must get tbh.

Yep hes a top player, pisses all over Song.

Master Splinter
22-08-2011, 02:09 AM
Yep hes a top player, pisses all over Song.

I doubt Wenger would want him with Frimpong seemingly being promoted.

Three defensive midfielders at Arsenal?

Unless Song is replacing Fabregas.......

Japan Shaking All Over
22-08-2011, 02:10 AM
Ok lets go out and get him/them
I think we can safely say that with just over a week to go till the window closes we should no longer concern ourselves with a fucking waiting period

although bu the sounds of it the result against Ude has plenty of ramifications

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Us not bothering to sign someone like Mata. :doh:

FFS.

Who said we did not bother tbh, If report were true we had an agreement and we missed it. If he wanted to play for us he would have said no to the chavs and held out for a move to to us.

end of the day Balague chats shite saying the lad would not go for less then 60 mill. And i can see why he went to chavs a fellow Spaniard their and more money.

Not dissapointed in this one at all tbh.

-Xs-
22-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Ok lets go out and get him/them
I think we can safely say that with just over a week to go till the window closes we should no longer concern ourselves with a fucking waiting period

although bu the sounds of it the result against Ude has plenty of ramifications

We are still in the waiting period; we are now just waiting for January to come

Boss
22-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Disappointed as hell given that we had a 20-day head start on Chelsea (they only went in for him when it became clear Modric would be too much hassle). We pass up any chance to actually add 'super quality' to our squad if it costs more than 15M.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Disappointed as hell given that we had a 20-day head start on Chelsea (they only went in for him when it became clear Modric would be too much hassle). We pass up any chance to actually add 'super quality' to our squad if it costs more than 15M.

Who said we had a 20 day head start, he was never one of Wengers targets anyway.

Boss
22-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Who said we had a 20 day head start, he was never one of Wengers targets anyway.

And that's the main problem :good:

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 08:13 AM
And that's the main problem :good:

Not really if he wanted to bring in somone better.

Grebbo
22-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Real shame we missed out on Mata.

He'll do well at Chelsea for sure.

Marc Overmars
22-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Not really if he wanted to bring in somone better.

He'll do well to find someone better than Mata who's available.

I don't care if we were genuine about him or not, there was no reason why we couldn't sign him and it just smacks of how fucked things are at the top of this club.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 08:35 AM
He'll do well to find someone better than Mata who's available.

I don't care if we were genuine about him or not, there was no reason why we couldn't sign him and it just smacks of how fucked things are at the top of this club.

Well he obvioulsy did not want to come to us anyway so it makes no diffrence.

Marc Overmars
22-08-2011, 08:41 AM
How's it obvious he didn't want to come? A few weeks ago it was well documented that he was willing to move but we didn't agree a fee in time.

I remember Graham Hunter on SSN was on top of the story.

Anyway, he's a Chav now. Hope Frimpong GHELs him.

Boss
22-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Arsene Wenger again stressed finding the right players to fit into his Arsenal squad has been difficult, but maintains he is not stubborn when it comes to recruitment matters.

The Gunners suffered a 2-0 home defeat against Liverpool at the weekend, when Emmanuel Frimpong was sent-off and centre-half Laurent Koscielny suffered a back problem, which is likely to keep him out of next week's Champions League play-off second leg against Udinese.

Wenger is already without several first-team players because of injury and suspension, and the Emirates Stadium faithful once more called for their manager to spend big before the transfer window shuts in 10 days' time.

Arsenal have been linked with a number of players this summer, including recent Chelsea acquisition Juan Mata, while rumours around a move for Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila and Real Madrid star Kaka continue. Wenger, however, insists it is not just about getting out the cheque book.

"Overall we will buy. Maybe people feel I am stubborn, but I am not, I just want to do the best for the team and buy the right players," Wenger said.

"If I have shown one thing in the last 15 years, it is that I have bought good players. We will bring as well experienced players, but people just say 'buy' - but it is to buy the right player which is difficult."

While Wenger has brought in fresh talent this summer, they have not been the experienced players which many Gunners fans crave. It is an assessment of the club's circumstances that does not stack up for the Arsenal manager.

"I look at the players and if they are good enough," Wenger said. "You forget we have bought players - Gervinho, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Carl Jenkinson, Ryo [Miyaichi] - and you will see over the season they are top-quality players, but at the moment we have to give them some time."

As well as starting with 19-year-old Jenkinson at full-back, Wenger was forced to give Spanish teenager Ignasi Miquel his Premier League debut when Koscielny pulled up.

It was a clearance from Miquel which cannoned off Aaron Ramsey and into the Arsenal net which handed Liverpool the lead, before substitute Luis Suarez knocked in a second in the final minute. Wenger rejected suggestions inexperience had proved costly - pointing instead to a marginal offside call in the build-up to Liverpool's fortunate opener.

"I don't think the decision of the offside for the first goal depends on our players," he said. "I agree we were a bit young, that we looked a bit naive in some situations, but we have shown a great spirit and were unlucky. We did not deserve to lose this game.

"I feel we have a more negative environment and that is more difficult for the team. That is why the results are so important to get the confidence back."

Arsenal will be able to field both Alex Song and Gervinho in their European tie as the duo's bans are only for domestic games, while centre-back Johan Djourou could recover from his hamstring injury. Wenger also revealed England midfielder Jack Wilshere was close to a return from his ankle problem.

"He has a chance to play, yes," the Arsenal boss said. "He has trained Thursday, Friday and Saturday."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/946971/arsene-wenger:-i'm-not-stubborn?cc=4716

Only one positive in the whole article... ffs.

Grebbo
22-08-2011, 08:53 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/946971/arsene-wenger:-i'm-not-stubborn?cc=4716

Only one positive in the whole article... ffs.

Oh god yes.

:pray:

With him we have a chance of qualifying.

Boss
22-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Roberto Mancini has warned Arsenal and Samir Nasri that it will be a "big problem" if the France international plays against Udinese this week.

Nasri is believed to be on the verge of a £25 million move to Manchester City, a transfer that will ensure Arsenal do not lose the midfielder for nothing in 12 months' time. However, Mancini had hoped to sign Nasri by the end of the weekend, only for the deal to be delayed by the reported demands of the player's agent.

As a result, Arsene Wenger started Nasri in the weekend loss to Liverpool, and he claims he is not worried about picking him again for Wednesday's Champions League qualifier in Italy. Should Nasri feature at all during the 90 minutes, he would become ineligible for City's European campaign this season.

Mancini remains convinced the deal can be tied up imminently, but he did warn Arsenal and Nasri to seriously consider the consequences of playing in Udinese.

"I think we can close in the next two days, but if he plays in the Champions League, it will be a big problem," Mancini said.

"It's a big problem because we have followed Nasri for 40 days and I have hoped it [would be completed] in two days or in three days. I am sure we can close this in 24 or 48 hours, but I don't know why it hasn't been closed."

Asked if he could look elsewhere if Nasri becomes cup-tied, Mancini replied: "It could be possible, yes."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/947105/man-city?&cc=4716

Can't see us playing him.

Unai Tea
22-08-2011, 09:24 AM
The transfer target dance we're being led on by the media makes it difficult to really have a clue as to what's actually going on. The latest group seems to be:

Zarate (this seems reasonably possible given that there have been no denials and probably makes a little sense - cheapish and tricksy forward who can play on the wing as well, moderately young at 24)

Hazard (long known as target but will the purse strings be opened and will Lille do business this late on in the transfer window?)

M'Vila (strong indication but no quotes as far as I can see - young and rising french player which is Wenger's speciality - I would wonder about how this fits in with Song and Frimpong, but M'Vila is better than both)

Martin (I've not actually seen any quotes and just seems like rumour. Would be nice but we'd not get Hazard and Martin - unless Arshavin and Nasri go. Hazard seems the most likely unless he will not be sold)

Jagielka (I think he's the top defensive target if only because we've actually bid for him)

Cahill (no bid, lotsa talk)

Samba (Very close in Jan, but nothing since other than media speculation)

Mertesacker (media speculation only as far as I can see)
------
If the whole Board v Wenger's wages thing is true, Nasri could stay and possibly sign a long-term contract. If the wages structure is altered and we bring in 2-3 good quality players (Zarate, Hazard, Jagielka), we're back in contention and why wouldn't Nasri want to stay

Boss
22-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Re M'Vila:

19.38 Arsenal set for more disappointment as Rennes Director of Football Pierre DeRossi tells Canal+ that midfielder Yann M'Vila won't be sold in this window.

Unai Tea
22-08-2011, 09:30 AM
That's usually the starting point...until there's an indication of a real and substantial bid. They're not actively looking to sell, it doesn't mean they won't. But given all that has happened so far, I would be unhopeful of anything positive happening. :(

selassie
22-08-2011, 09:41 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/21/football-arsenal-premier-league-transfer?intcmp=239

Arsène Wenger has responded to Arsenal (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/arsenal)'s troubled start to the season by making a bid for the Rennes (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/rennes) holding midfielder Yann M'Vila. The manager's attempt to strengthen his team came as hopes grew that Jack Wilshere will return from ankle trouble to face Udinese in Wednesday's pivotal Champions League (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/championsleague) play-off second leg.

M'Vila, who has established himself as a regular in the France team, would cost £12m. The 21-year-old is under contract until 2015 but Rennes have allowed Wenger to talk to him. Arsenal's manager also has an interest in Sochaux's attacking midfielder Marvin Martin.

Wenger's immediate concern, though, is his midfield to face Udinese. Wilshere, who has not featured this season, had been considered a major doubt for the trip to north-eastern Italy, where Arsenal will attempt to protect a 1-0 lead and qualify for the group stage of Europe's elite competition for the 14th year in a row.

He left the Emirates Stadium after last Tuesday's first-leg against the Italian team with a foot in a protective boot and he missed the morale-sapping 2-0 home defeat to Liverpool on Saturday, when the problems mounted for Wenger.

Wilshere, though, came back to training on Thursday and provided he suffers no reaction before the squad fly to Italy on Tuesday afternoon, he will board with them. "Jack has a chance to play," Wenger said. "He has trained Thursday, Friday, Saturday."

Wenger's attitude towards Wilshere will be coloured with caution but given the stakes at the Stadio Friuli, he will be tempted to press him into action. The manager was without nine players against Liverpool through injury and suspension, and he lost the centre-half Laurent Koscielny to a back spasm in the 16th minute.

He will be able to pick the midfielder Alex Song and the forward Gervinho, as their three-match bans apply only to domestic competitions, while the central defender Johan Djourou "has a chance", according to Wenger, of returning from a hamstring injury. The midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong, who was sent off against Liverpool and will be suspended for Sunday's league fixture at Manchester United, will also be available against Udinese.

The obvious solution to the club's personnel problems is for Wenger to strengthen in the transfer market, and many supporters at the Emirates were keen to remind the Frenchman of that. Wenger said that Arsenal had "the money to buy players, we are not short of money", and he rejected the notion that the more he was urged to spend, the less likely he would be to do so.

"People feel I'm stubborn … I'm not," Wenger added. "I just want to do the best for the team and to buy the right players. If I have shown one thing in the last 15 years, it's that I have bought good players here.

"What you forget is we have bought players. We have bought Gervinho, [Alex Oxlade-] Chamberlain, [Carl] Jenkinson, [Ryo] Miyaichi, and you will see during the season they are top-quality players. But at the moment, we have to give them some time.
"Overall, we will buy. We will bring experienced players as well. People just say 'buy' but it's to buy the right player which is difficult."

Boss
22-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Modric left out of tonight's game because according to Redknapp 'his head isn't in the right place' whereas The Sun says he's on strike to force through a move to Chelsea.

Looks like this one is still going through then, Benayoun probably part of the deal.

Fats
22-08-2011, 10:16 AM
I love this line

"People feel I'm stubborn … I'm not," Wenger added. "I just want to do the best for the team and to buy the right players. If I have shown one thing in the last 15 years, it's that I have bought good players here.

He has bought loads of extremely poor players too ad wasted so much money.

David Grondin
Kaba Diawara
Jeremie Aliadiere
Oleg Luzhny
Stefan Malz
Igors Stepanovs
Junichi Inamoto
Francis Jeffers
Richard Wright
Pascal Cygan
Julio Baptista

to name just a few

Darth Vela
22-08-2011, 10:20 AM
He's also brought in a few decent players.

Fergie's list of failures is as long as that, if not longer.

Also, don't diss the Horse or he'll track you down and scythe you from behind.

Flavs
22-08-2011, 10:24 AM
I love this line

David Grondin
Kaba Diawara
Jeremie Aliadiere
Oleg Luzhny
Stefan Malz
Igors Stepanovs
Junichi Inamoto
Francis Jeffers
Richard Wright
Pascal Cygan
Julio Baptista

to name just a few

Nothing wrong with Cygan as a 4th choice CB, Lezhny did well and Baptista was on loan. I love this list, like it compares or detracts in anyway from the Bergkamps and henry's

Özim
22-08-2011, 10:27 AM
I love this line

David Grondin
Kaba Diawara
Jeremie Aliadiere
Oleg Luzhny
Stefan Malz
Igors Stepanovs
Junichi Inamoto
Francis Jeffers
Richard Wright
Pascal Cygan
Julio Baptista

to name just a few
He might have bought a few good players in the last 6 years but he's also bought a lot of bad ones.

Moreover at no point have these "good players" as he calls them managed to win anything in those 6 years. If the players he signs are so good.

I'd say in recent times looking at the players he's brought in, there's a lot more players he signed which aren't good enough than that are.

Özim
22-08-2011, 10:28 AM
He's also brought in a few decent players.

Fergie's list of failures is as long as that, if not longer.

Also, don't diss the Horse or he'll track you down and scythe you from behind.
You can't really argue with Fergie's record, he's continued to win countless trophies, whereas Wenger hasn't and that's partly to do with the quality of his signings for sure.

Boss
22-08-2011, 10:30 AM
All managers sign garbage, Fergie's managed to get more out of them or get rid of them quicker than Wenger has.

Fergie's streets ahead of Wenger in that department but tbf he's ahead of most others too and hopefully De Gea will be a big money flop (haven't had one of those in a while from him, they're quite entertaining) :pray:

Darth Vela
22-08-2011, 10:35 AM
You can't really argue with Fergie's record, he's continued to win countless trophies, whereas Wenger hasn't and that's partly to do with the quality of his signings for sure.

So, he's won more? Whoopdee doo, doesn't change the basic fact that every manager signs crap and if you emphasise that then you can make things look very negative.

Özim
22-08-2011, 10:37 AM
So, he's won more? Whoopdee doo, doesn't change the basic fact that every manager signs crap and if you emphasise that then you can make things look very negative.
Maybe so but Wenger holds onto them for much longer than other managers. That's part of the problem.

Unai Tea
22-08-2011, 10:39 AM
But he also pays less to get them.

That whole Wenger flop list probably cost less than Veron.

I think if you want to rubbish Wenger, overall value for money in the transfer market is probably not the best way to do it. When you look at it objectively, having spent an average of around £1-2m per year (sales/buys), he's managed to field very competitive teams. Most relegation battlers have spent more than us and for what return?

Could he/should he have spent more? Would spending more have meant more trophies? Are there other weaknesses to Wenger's managerial qualities?

Those are all probably very strong yesses. But getting value for money in terms of transfers, that's also very much a yes.

Darth Vela
22-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Maybe so but Wenger holds onto them for much longer than other managers. That's part of the problem.

Yeah, that can be a problem, not a big one but it can happen. Not sure how that has anything to do with my post but :shrug: