PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 10:47 AM
How's it obvious he didn't want to come? A few weeks ago it was well documented that he was willing to move but we didn't agree a fee in time.

I remember Graham Hunter on SSN was on top of the story.

Anyway, he's a Chav now. Hope Frimpong GHELs him.

Simples he's gone to the Chav's, if he wanted to come he would have held out tbh. All these Hunter's and Balugue's talk rubbish.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 10:49 AM
He might have bought a few good players in the last 6 years but he's also bought a lot of bad ones.

Moreover at no point have these "good players" as he calls them managed to win anything in those 6 years. If the players he signs are so good.

I'd say in recent times looking at the players he's brought in, there's a lot more players he signed which aren't good enough than that are.

No one moaned about those bad ones when we was winning things though did they.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Yeah, that can be a problem, not a big one but it can happen. Not sure how that has anything to do with my post but :shrug:

It don't jsut Zimm being anti Wenger again anthing to have a pop ahey?

Darth Vela
22-08-2011, 10:52 AM

:d I guess so.

KSE Comedy Club
22-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Simples he's gone to the Chav's, if he wanted to come he would have held out tbh. All these Hunter's and Balugue's talk rubbish.

We never actually bid for Mata, you do know that dont you?

Why would he hold out if we didnt seem serious about signing him. If you want a player, you talk to the club and then make an offer - it shows the player the intent and then they might hold out for a deal to be done.

We talked to the club then fucked off and never went back, not really very encouraging is it?

Boss
22-08-2011, 10:54 AM

:doh:

If he wanted to come and we bid enough he would have come.

We didn't and made it obvious we didn't intend to + Wenger's comments about how he wasn't interested in Mata.

You can't pass up a player as good as him at a reasonable price and then claim that a) you'd spend 30-40M on a player if he was good enough b) you're only looking for super quality c) super quality isn't available at decent prices and d) it's hard to find players that would improve our team.

Darth Vela
22-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Mmhmm, if we don't sign any decent creative players and Mata rips it up, the Internet will explode, and rightly so.

Özim
22-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Yeah just like me saying Liverpool were going to score first as they were the better side on Saturday was me just being me.

Then they did.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 11:00 AM
We never actually bid for Mata, you do know that dont you?

Why would he hold out if we didnt seem serious about signing him. If you want a player, you talk to the club and then make an offer - it shows the player the intent and then they might hold out for a deal to be done.

We talked to the club then fucked off and never went back, not really very encouraging is it?

I know we never bid for him or in for him, and i knew we never get him, or never really wanted him. He'd always would have gone somewhere, where his fellow spainsh players are tbh.

My point was if the rumors were true and we did bid for him, but he decide to go to the chavs what could we do. I mean did balague not say no one was buying him for less then £60 million and that was done.

so we knew the deal was dead anyway. seems very strange he went to the chave then.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 11:03 AM
:doh:

If he wanted to come and we bid enough he would have come.

We didn't and made it obvious we didn't intend to + Wenger's comments about how he wasn't interested in Mata.

You can't pass up a player as good as him at a reasonable price and then claim that a) you'd spend 30-40M on a player if he was good enough b) you're only looking for super quality c) super quality isn't available at decent prices and d) it's hard to find players that would improve our team.

I agree, but he wanted to go Chelsea more it seems(not that i blame him) After all they are in the CL and look like could have a good season. But i don't think he was ever a top target of ours.

Darth Vela
22-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah just like me saying Liverpool were going to score first as they were the better side on Saturday was me just being me.

Then they did.

Actually we scored first.

And, no, thinking Liverpool were going to score first isn't just you, it isn't even anti-Wenger, it's a reasoned response based on the match, as soon as Frimpong was off we just couldn't cope.

Özim
22-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Actually we scored first.

And, no, thinking Liverpool were going to score first isn't just you, it isn't even anti-Wenger, it's a reasoned response based on the match, as soon as Frimpong was off we just couldn't cope.
Just responding to these flippant remarks he keeps making about me to be honest.

I don't say this because I hate Wenger (though I admit he's far from my favourite person), I just say it because it's what I see based on the last 6 years.

If Wenger had signed 300 awful players and continued to win trophies you couldn't argue as he was doing the important things right, the problem has been that he's signed players (and stuck to methods/policies) and kept faith with them far too long from our perspective.

There's a stubborness about him these days, one that seems to be about proving everyone wrong which is proving detrimental to the club.

There's no flexibility in his thinking at all.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-08-2011, 11:26 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/946971/arsene-wenger:-i'm-not-stubborn?cc=4716

Only one positive in the whole article... ffs.

What I dont understand about what he says is. . . .he says he is waiting to find the best quality and that he is not stubborn, that he will buy but only if the player is good enough
Now that is all fair and well but it also means that the players that he is talking about are yet to be discovered, something we are seriously running out of time for

Because if he turns round and buys Cahill or Jags who he has praised as being talented now after all this time (, it just smacks of idoicy (dont get me wrong I would like him to sign them but I mean what the fuck was the wait for? money? come on I am sure that could have been found!

I dont have a clue but at times I think Im not the only one

Darth Vela
22-08-2011, 11:30 AM
That's fair enough.

I actually agree that it went on for too long, there were simply players that weren't pulling their weight in the end and the wrong balance in the squad in terms of type of player. This summer has seen some of the detritus flung out and a different type of player being brought in, to go from lots of AMs overloaded with creativity to buying pacy wide players is a definite shift in policy and a good one as we can often do with a bit more pace, directness and width in our game imo.

Ofc, we're not buying players of the right age (although, used more as impact players and squad space rather than integral cogs they could be very useful) and it will fall apart at the end of the season again if reinforcements aren't brought in, THAT would show a complete inability to change things up imo but we've made changes and with just a few more we could be in a very good position to win something.

Grebbo
22-08-2011, 11:33 AM
So we're waiting before qualifying for the Champs Lge before signing quality players.

If we go out of the Champs Lge we're therefore not signing any good players.

Makes sense.

Might have been an idea to buy these quality players before the Champs Lge first leg. Just an idea.

Marc Overmars
22-08-2011, 11:38 AM
That's fair enough.

I actually agree that it went on for too long, there were simply players that weren't pulling their weight in the end and the wrong balance in the squad in terms of type of player. This summer has seen some of the detritus flung out and a different type of player being brought in, to go from lots of AMs overloaded with creativity to buying pacy wide players is a definite shift in policy and a good one as we can often do with a bit more pace, directness and width in our game imo.

Ofc, we're not buying players of the right age (although, used more as impact players and squad space rather than integral cogs they could be very useful) and it will fall apart at the end of the season again if reinforcements aren't brought in, THAT would show a complete inability to change things up imo but we've made changes and with just a few more we could be in a very good position to win something.

We have been shit for most of this calendar year, even if we do bring in a few over the next week it would still be a stretch to say they would be in a good position to win something. The squad is seeing an overhaul and the fans need to be convinced again, it will take time. I'm expecting a season not too dissimilar to 06/07 and 08/09.

AKBapologist
22-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Seems like mata's transfer fee was more like £30mill. I think we had a bid of £14mill rejected. Whatever is the case this isn't another 2mill short in terms of evaluation.

Darth Vela
22-08-2011, 11:43 AM
I think it's partly a confidence thing atm, add a little more creativity and get a few wins under our belt and I think we could build some nice momentum for the final part of the season.

Grebbo
22-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Seems like mata's transfer fee was more like £30mill. I think we had a bid of £14mill rejected. Whatever is the case this isn't another 2mill short in terms of evaluation.

We bid £14m?

We paid £15m for Lge 1 player Oxo?

:haha:

Marc Overmars
22-08-2011, 11:51 AM
If we did make a bid for Mata, it was low because he was in the final year of his contract I believe. However nothing materialised there and we missed the deadline to get him on the cheap because there was a clause in his contract which automatically extended it at the end of July. So then his price went up and we were probably scared off.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-08-2011, 12:04 PM
If we did make a bid for Mata, it was low because he was in the final year of his contract I believe. However nothing materialised there and we missed the deadline to get him on the cheap because there was a clause in his contract which automatically extended it at the end of July. So then his price went up and we were probably scared off.

seems like it is the game of poker Wenger was on about

our bluff gets called and we fold. . .never going to win like that. . . .get your arse back to Everton and pay up. . . Jags is the one he likes

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Real Madrid midfielder Kaka says that he is not planning to leave the Santiago Bernabeu during this transfer window.
The Brazil international has been a subject of transfer speculation since last summer following a disappointing debut campaign in Spain's Primera Division for Madrid in 2009/10.
The 29-year-old spent much of last season sidelined with injury and there have been reports linking him with moves to his former club AC Milan (http://topics.skysports.com/AC+Milan/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif as well as to Inter Milan. (http://topics.skysports.com/Inter+Milan/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
In recent days French big spenders Paris St Germain (http://topics.skysports.com/Paris+St+Germain/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif have been reported to be interested in the former Sao Paulo star.
However, Kaka has continuously insisted that he wants to carry on playing for Los Blancos and has once again stated his desire to gain coach Jose Mourinho's (http://topics.skysports.com/Jose+Mourinho/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif trust and win back his place in the first team.
"My plan is to remain with Real Madrid (http://topics.skysports.com/Real+Madrid/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and to obtain the confidence of the coach," he told Spanish sports daily Marca.
Kaka's current contract with the former Spanish and European champions runs until the summer of 2015

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11095_7117830,00.html

So thats that then lol

KSE Comedy Club
22-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Thats only because his new buyout clause came into effect the weekend of the emirates cup.

Also, we didnt actually bid for him, a figure was discussed and they were waiting for a concrete offer, but we never went back to them.

Boss
22-08-2011, 12:45 PM
We did bid for Mata, but as usual underbid for a top quality player and then missed out.

Juan Manuel Mata Rodriguez, the winger's father and agent, told Italian sources that initial reports Arsenal never made a bid were off the mark and Valencia 'simply rejected their offer'.

'After some hesitation they answered "no" to the Gunners' offer,' he added.

'But I feel they will come back. It is not over yet.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/871110-juan-matas-arsenal-transfer-saga-will-run-until-end-of-august-his-dad-hints#ixzz1VlF2KsQS

Could have easily gotten him for his buyout clause (which was 22M euros before it jumped to 60M) but we never sent the money over. Presumably because we weren't interested. I'm trying to find the quotes re the money thing but I'm sure they exist.

Wenger soon after the clause expired:

"We will not do Juan Mata. I don't have to give you a reason, I just said to you we will not do it."

If the board was as tight as mentioned, they would not have allowed a 15M bid for a player no one's ever fucking heard of (Oxlade Chamberlain).

EDIT: The money never came bit was from Balague:

GuillemBalague Guillem Balague
About Mata: Valencia told me yesterday now they aren't selling Mata, that chance was there but the money never arrived

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 12:52 PM
We did bid for Mata, but as usual underbid for a top quality player and then missed out.

Could have easily gotten him for his buyout clause (which was 22M euros before it jumped to 60M) but we never sent the money over. Presumably because we weren't interested. I'm trying to find the quotes re the money thing but I'm sure they exist.

If the board was as tight as mentioned, they would not have allowed a 15M bid for a player no one's ever fucking heard of (Oxlade Chamberlain).

EDIT: The money never came bit was from Balague:

Its probs shit because Balague talks rubish tbh, but i agree we could have bought him for his buyout if we wanted him, i suppose like cesc to Barca he was not our no 1 target.

The Wengerbabies
22-08-2011, 12:52 PM

Wenger said he doesn't want to pay big money for average players...

What a cunt.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Wenger said he doesn't want to pay big money for average players...

What a cunt.

Why, he never wanted mata so can't be a cunt for not getting him.

The Wengerbabies
22-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Why, he never wanted mata so can't be a cunt for not getting him.

Mata or Oxo for a similar price and he goes for Oxo. He's a cunt and needs to piss off before he ruins us further.

Boss
22-08-2011, 12:59 PM
It's hardly shit given that the money never came as he isn't an Arsenal player right now. For what reason the money didn't come is up for debate (whether Wenger didn't want him or the board held him back) but we didn't bid the amount of his buyout clause so he didn't come.

If the board is as tight as claimed on here, I don't see how they would sanction a 17M euro bid for a 17 year old kid (Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain) but not a 19M/25M euro bid for an established Spanish international playing for a top side. If anything Mata would be the better buy simply because he'd reach his peak sooner and would thus be able to be sold on faster for more money. Mata is also Spanish which means we'd have the pick of the world to choose from if/when we sold him on whereas it's unlikely Oxlade-Chamberlain would want to move abroad as he's English.

Wenger said he'll only sign if super quality is available and it'll improve the side. The only player better than Mata on the open market (ie available for transfer) is Sneijder. Now I'd be happy if we passed up Mata to buy Sneijder but we all know that's not happening.

Joker
22-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Apparently Mancini has said he may pull out of the deal to sign Nasri if Wenger plays him in the UCL. That would be such an idiotic decision by Wenger to cup tie the player, because if City decide not to sign him, we'll have an uncommitted player on our books until at least January, and even then there's no guarantee someone will sign him as he's become cup tied. Wenger may act as if holding City off is a "moral" victory and can claim bragging rights, but in reality he's just fucked us over because we won't be able to sign another top quality midfielder, especially with the squad size limitations.

So Wenger, for once please see sense and sell Nasri ASAP and get a replacement. Yes, the guy was professional against Liverpool, but do you think he'll remain that way if he's forced to stay at Arsenal? No chance IMO.

Flavs
22-08-2011, 01:38 PM
It's hardly shit given that the money never came as he isn't an Arsenal player right now. For what reason the money didn't come is up for debate (whether Wenger didn't want him or the board held him back) but we didn't bid the amount of his buyout clause so he didn't come.

If the board is as tight as claimed on here, I don't see how they would sanction a 17M euro bid for a 17 year old kid (Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain) but not a 19M/25M euro bid for an established Spanish international playing for a top side. If anything Mata would be the better buy simply because he'd reach his peak sooner and would thus be able to be sold on faster for more money. Mata is also Spanish which means we'd have the pick of the world to choose from if/when we sold him on whereas it's unlikely Oxlade-Chamberlain would want to move abroad as he's English.

Wenger said he'll only sign if super quality is available and it'll improve the side. The only player better than Mata on the open market (ie available for transfer) is Sneijder. Now I'd be happy if we passed up Mata to buy Sneijder but we all know that's not happening.

have we actually paid for the Ox? Is it installments or mainly on future happenings?

Kaiser
22-08-2011, 01:49 PM
I heard Oxtail-Chambermaid cost around £6m up front and the rest is dependent on future success. So the likelihood is he'll cost around the same as Theo did, given we're unlikely to win stuff over the next few years.

Unai Tea
22-08-2011, 02:08 PM
I heard Oxtail-Chambermaid cost around £6m up front and the rest is dependent on future success. So the likelihood is he'll cost around the same as Theo did, given we're unlikely to win stuff over the next few years.

That seems pretty reasonable.

There were many different claims of what the fee was - £10m, £12m, £15m. It probably makes sense that we paid something like £6m up front with £4m being likely and achievable (plays 20 league matches), £2m maybe based on more difficult but achievable targets (plays as full england international) and £3m based on team goals (Arsenal win league or whatever once in next 3-5 years).

It'd be nice to know one way or another though. I'm not sure we know how much Walcott's transfer was, even after all this time.

GP
22-08-2011, 02:11 PM
That seems pretty reasonable.

There were many different claims of what the fee was - £10m, £12m, £15m. It probably makes sense that we paid something like £6m up front with £4m being likely and achievable (plays 20 league matches), £2m maybe based on more difficult but achievable targets (plays as full england international) and £3m based on team goals (Arsenal win league or whatever once in next 3-5 years).

It'd be nice to know one way or another though. I'm not sure we know how much Walcott's transfer was, even after all this time.

Yes, he cost £undiscolsed+vat

Kaiser
22-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Walcott cost £9.1m in the end. Southampton needed the money as they were gonna go broke (before the Billionaire dude came up) so we made a compromise instead of followin the original deal while could've gone up to £12m.

Flavs
22-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Mata or Oxo for a similar price and he goes for Oxo. He's a cunt and needs to piss off before he ruins us further.

6mil and £28mil arent that similar really

GunnerFan4Life
22-08-2011, 02:35 PM
iTz_Renato Renato! :
Sochaux midfielder Kevin Anin linked with move to Arsenal

YoungGunsBlog Jamie Sanderson
Joel Campbell says he hopes to find out this week if his work permit application has been successful.

Grebbo
22-08-2011, 02:37 PM
iTz_Renato Renato! :
Sochaux midfielder Kevin Anin linked with move to Arsenal

I remember he was on trial at Spurs and they thought he was shit.

Wenger

Özim
22-08-2011, 02:39 PM
6mil and £28mil arent that similar really
Hardly, he was available at a cut price amount in July due to his contract after a specified date that price clause no longer applied.

Also Oxo didn't cost 6 million, the fee is supposed to be 12 million plus adds ons, think Mata was available for 15-20 million Euros due to the clause in his contract.

So yeah he was right.

Chelsea paid full price as they bought him after the contract clause expired.

Flavs
22-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Hardly, he was available at a cut price amount in July due to his contract after a specified date that price clause no longer applied.

Also Oxo didn't cost 6 million, the fee is supposed to be 12 million plus adds ons, think Mata was available for 15-20 million Euros due to the clause in his contract.

So yeah he was right.

hmmm so Valencia had the option to sell him for 15-20mil or wait a bit longer and get £23.5mil from Chelsea or whoever, jeez that must have been a hard business decision.

Also we have paid £6mil for Ox plus future clauses.

Özim
22-08-2011, 02:46 PM
hmmm so Valencia had the option to sell him for 15-20mil or wait a bit longer and get £23.5mil from Chelsea or whoever, jeez that must have been a hard business decision.

Also we have paid £6mil for Ox plus future clauses.
It wasn't their decision, if someone made the correct offer they'd get him at the knockdown price before the deadline in his clause.

Valencia had no say in this, had someone bid he could have gone.

Also everything I've seen says 12-15 million.

Darth Vela
22-08-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm pretty skeptical of that clause as coming after the statement that it was all agreed and Mata was on his way it smacks of Balague covering his arse to try and make it look like he's ITK when he didn't have a clue, it might well be true of course but no-one else has ever mentioned it.

Flavs
22-08-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm pretty skeptical of that clause as coming after the statement that it was all agreed and Mata was on his way it smacks of Balague covering his arse to try and make it look like he's ITK when he didn't have a clue, it might well be true of course but no-one else has ever mentioned it.

If such a clause existed i am sure Valencia could have just not picked up the phone and ignored their emails

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 03:05 PM

Like most times then tbh.

Unai Tea
22-08-2011, 03:06 PM
If such a clause existed i am sure Valencia could have just not picked up the phone and ignored their emails

My understanding of that clause was that if someone came in and offered the buyout amount, Valencia could still refuse by upgrading Mata's contract terms. If no one came in before the deadline, the contract rolled over till next year and the clause was increased.

Other than that, there was alot of talk about bids, what we did and didn't do but not very much was confirmed. Maybe we bid low, maybe we asked questions about how much he would cost etc, maybe we didn't do anything.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 03:08 PM

So yeah he was right.

In the Negoatiating room was you ? Chelsea never paid full price for mata that is rubbish, i Swear he was nog going anywhere for less then 60 mill according to Balague. The whole think stinks tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 03:09 PM
My understanding of that clause was that if someone came in and offered the buyout amount, Valencia could still refuse by upgrading Mata's contract terms. If no one came in before the deadline, the contract rolled over till next year and the clause was increased.

Other than that, there was alot of talk about bids, what we did and didn't do but not very much was confirmed. Maybe we bid low, maybe we asked questions about how much he would cost etc, maybe we didn't do anything.

Sums it up perfectly.

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Whoever it's going to be coming in, they better get him fast. The days are running out.Deadline day extension again? Fax lost in the post?

RomfordPele
22-08-2011, 03:18 PM
We need players in before Sunday, not deadline day.

What's the record for heaviest Premiership defeat? 9-0, wasn't it?

Japan Shaking All Over
22-08-2011, 03:26 PM
We need players in before Sunday, not deadline day.

Tsh Tsh MOC have their eye on you mate

RomfordPele
22-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Tsh Tsh MOC have their eye on you mate

##

Boss
22-08-2011, 03:52 PM
In the Negoatiating room was you ? Chelsea never paid full price for mata that is rubbish, i Swear he was nog going anywhere for less then 60 mill according to Balague. The whole think stinks tbh.

60M was his new buyout clause, had little to do with the amount he'd finally go for.

That said, he's only 23 years old so even the price Chelsea got him for is a bargain if he performs.

Boss
22-08-2011, 04:23 PM
We've made another signing, which means the total is nearing ten new players this summer :bow: :bow:

Arsenal have agreed to sign Olney Soccer Club midfielder Gedion Zelalem, following a trial. The 14-year-old will join the Gunners on his 16th birthday, in January 2013.

Zelalem was put onto Arsenal’s North America scout Danny Karbassiyoon by Olney manager Matt Pilkington last season, and the club have followed up on the tip off by first watching the prospect at the Dallas Cup, then inviting him for a 10 day training stint at London Colney.

Gedion is a German-born Ethiopian, who was part of Hertha Berlin’s academy setup before moving to America five years ago. Arsenal denied an agreement has been reached during an interview with the Washington Post this week, but the player has since confirmed he will move to the Gunners on his 16th birthday.

Zelalem’s German citizenship means Arsenal will not require a work permit for the exciting play maker.

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/08/zelalem-confirms-arsenal-agreement/?

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Roberto Mancini admits it would be a 'big problem' if Samir Nasri played for Arsenal in their UEFA Champions League qualifier against Udinese.
Manchester City (http://topics.skysports.com/Manchester+City/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif are hoping to sign Nasri (http://topics.skysports.com/Samir+Nasri/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif in the coming days, but Arsenal (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif boss Arsene Wenger (http://get.lingospot.com/link/?@li2=15218&is_lhid=0&key=IZHOSPQW&ps_id=Yk5tX28nKf&q=QQ:lqOTqjptCQ:_:GIH7IGORJJOAPZOGSGSVOqptJ:pnCUOq mj_J:pnCSO4aJm8CIHHRA:GAHUKVV&section_key=RDXAYSZZ&site_id=skysports.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftopics.skysports.com%2FArsene%2BW enger%2F%3Fsection%3Dfootball&url_key=_TaCUO0CAZ_H:[ZUGK&v=1&~boot=1314029938233)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif claimed at the weekend that a deal was 'far, far, far' from being done.
Nasri made his first appearance of the season in Saturday's 2-0 defeat by Liverpool (http://topics.skysports.com/liverpool/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and is in contention to feature in Wednesday's European second leg against Udinese. (http://topics.skysports.com/udinese/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
If the France international plays in Italy, it would mean he would not be eligible to play for City in the group phase and Mancini acknowledged this could be an issue.
Big problem"For 40 days I've hoped in two days, three days (it would be done), I don't know why we haven't closed it," said the City boss.
"It's a big problem (if he plays for Arsenal against Udinese) but I'm sure we can close in 24 hours, maybe 48. For Nasri it will be important he can play in all the Champions League matches."
Meanwhile, Mancini reiterated his belief that Carlos Tevez (http://topics.skysports.com/Carlos+Tevez/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif will not leave City before the transfer window closes after the Argentine made his first outing of the season as a substitute in Sunday's 3-2 win at Bolton Wanderers.
He added: "Carlos is here, I don't think the situation will change. Carlos is an important player, a top player for us and at the moment we haven't received any offers for him."
The City boss, meanwhile, dismissed the possibility of fringe players like Emmanuel Adebayor (http://topics.skysports.com/Emmanuel+Adebayor/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Craig Bellamy (http://topics.skysports.com/Craig+Bellamy/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif leaving on free transfers to get them off the wage bill.
He added: "All of these players have a cost because they are good players. If there are teams that want to buy them they need to pay, like us.
"I don't understand why we pay a lot of money and other teams don't."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11095_7117339,00.html

Did Mancini go into a coma and wake up at City, because if he don't know that he has a problem.

fakeyank
22-08-2011, 04:26 PM
We've made another signing, which means the total is nearing ten new players this summer :bow: :bow:

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/08/zelalem-confirms-arsenal-agreement/?

Finally a fakeyank joining Arsenal. This heralds a new chapter in Arsenal's history. He will rock the Premiership and win us the quadruple.. no worries!

Özim
22-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Yes I was, I had one of those invisibility cloaks Harry Potter gave me.

They paid a price Valencia were willing accept, the buyout clauses help you get a better price...players never go for the massive buyout clauses.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Yes I was, I had one of those invisibility cloaks Harry Potter gave me.

They paid a price Valencia were willing accept, the buyout clauses help you get a better price...players never go for the massive buyout clauses.

yeah i suppose, well he's a chav now so feck him lol

Özim
22-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Sure cos that's a realistic scenario, just don't answer any phonecalls and don't read e-mails.

What planet do you live on exactly, this isn't school.

Mr. Lahey
22-08-2011, 08:55 PM
I doubt Wenger would want him with Frimpong seemingly being promoted.

Three defensive midfielders at Arsenal?

Unless Song is replacing Fabregas.......

I agree unless Wenger wants to upgrade as Mvila is Frimpong 2.0 to be honest. In just about everthing. Strength, pace, endurance and most importantly the technical side.

Edinburgh Gooner
22-08-2011, 09:27 PM
A few fresh faces would be nice. Mata is gone, forget about it. No point crying over spilt milk as they see. We will soon see how good he is and what we may have missed out on. Zarate could be a handy player, may give an outlet in the box for a change. I hope Shamak would have given us this but 2nd half of last season he looked out of sorts. Hazard probably depends on the outcome of Wednesday's game, don't know much about him or this m'Villa guy but new faces may give a bit less predictability in our play. A new CB that can stay injury free and keep Squid well away from a starting berth too but I am unsure if the 3 we've been linked with are any better than Kozza. He looked decent on Saturday until he came off with TV5 beside him.

Edinburgh Gooner
22-08-2011, 11:01 PM
From BBC rumours....

Arsenal are ready to break the bank to bring Bayern Munich's Bastian Schweinsteiger to the Emirates Stadium.
Full story: Fanatix

Arsenal are trying to offload Sebastian Squillaci - but they cannot find a taker for the French flop.
Full story: talkSPORT

Lille striker Moussa Sow who has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Arsenal and Real Madrid.
Full story: Inside Futbol

AKBapologist
22-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Moussa Sow, ligue 1 top scorer. Makes his own luck in the box and knows how to pull the trigger. Not as creative as RVP but a must get all the same... If he ends up at spurs were fucked.

Niall_Quinn
22-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Arsenal are ready to break the bank to bring Bayern Munich's Bastian Schweinsteiger to the Emirates Stadium.
Full story: Fanatix

Could that possibly be true? It would trump by a margin any other deal done this summer. This guy is a brilliant footballer, one of the few who could replace Fabregas. Is he even available? If so, why has nobody else in for him? It's another pipe dream I suppose.

Cripps_orig
23-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Would love Bastian here.What's with us being linked with players named after pigs?Sow can fuck off tbh

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Looks like Mancini has greater say over our squad selection than AW does.
http://t.co/I09VRWe

KSE Comedy Club
23-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Like we didnt know that was going to happen :coffee:

He's gonna be Citeh player shortly.

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 12:14 AM
@oliverkaytimes: And Man City making serious enquiries about Scott Parker. Mancini very keen, board looking into it. Transfer, not loan. #MCFC #WHUFC
Making quite a collection of flavor of the month England flops there mufc

Cripps_orig
23-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Schweinsteiger has had a falling out with Oliver Kahn and the Kaiser has sided with Kahn so hoping he leaves Bayern and comes here

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 12:18 AM

This is scandalous. Wednesday's game is potentially the biggest we've played in years, getting a replacement for Nasri could hinge on it. Mancini making his threats about the deal being off if Nasri played, is there not some rule about that? Nasri is still our player, is it fair game to pressure him not to play for the club paying his wages? We could well lose that game now, and in the process the crisis at the club will become full blown. Plus the top players will not come to a non-CL team. We hope Wilshere is back, I suppose, or are City going to offer him a quarter of a million quid a week Wednesday lunchtime? Provided he doesn't play.

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Meh, we lost more games with nasri starting than we did without last season. Really doesn't understand the CAM role. Gervinho is much more of an asset on the wings away tbh and we've missed him already.

Just for all those who claim AW has the power of night and day over the club... Get real.

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 12:29 AM
Schweinsteiger has had a falling out with Oliver Kahn and the Kaiser has sided with Kahn so hoping he leaves Bayern and comes here
What type of player is he? 8 goals and 10 assists in 44 games last season doesn't seem stellar to me for what we need.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 12:39 AM
What type of player is he? 8 goals and 10 assists in 44 games last season doesn't seem stellar to me for what we need.

He's dynamic, will go box to box for the whole 90 minutes, brilliant passer, the engine room of a very good German national side, he's a tough mother too. We've needed a player like this for a long time. Will we get him? If he's on the market I really don't see how. Other clubs will be in for him.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Meh, we lost more games with nasri starting than we did without last season. Really doesn't understand the CAM role. Gervinho is much more of an asset on the wings away tbh and we've missed him already.

Just for all those who claim AW has the power of night and day over the club... Get real.

So what you;re saying is Mancini is a piece of shit who should shut his fucking mouth in case somebody puts a fist in it?

I'm forced to agree with you.

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 12:48 AM
He's dynamic, will go box to box for the whole 90 minutes, brilliant passer, the engine room of a very good German national side, he's a tough mother too. We've needed a player like this for a long time. Will we get him? If he's on the market I really don't see how. Other clubs will be in for him.
Can he provide the killer pass that breaks down 2 banks of 4?

And yes Mancinis a twat.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Can he provide the killer pass that breaks down 2 banks of 4?

And yes Mancinis a twat.

He does it for Germany, but look we're not getting him. This is just a tease.

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 01:15 AM
We're deep into unexplored territory as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't supprise me if he and 5 similar level signings came, or if nothing at all happened. Least likely ATM is a continuation of what's gone before because koscielny type signings are normally sorted weeks before this point.

My working hypothesis is that AW is indeed wanting to bring big names in but needs to see where the club stands re CL qualification. If were not in it would take Man City style wages to get anyone good. If we are in it would be easier.

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 01:36 AM
We didn't get SNEIJDER because it would kill... ...coming back wil be like new signings...
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/latestsport/view/205838

hobson's choice
23-08-2011, 01:51 AM

I really do feel for Arsene now.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-08-2011, 02:38 AM
We're deep into unexplored territory as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't supprise me if he and 5 similar level signings came, or if nothing at all happened. Least likely ATM is a continuation of what's gone before because koscielny type signings are normally sorted weeks before this point.

My working hypothesis is that AW is indeed wanting to bring big names in but needs to see where the club stands re CL qualification. If were not in it would take Man City style wages to get anyone good. If we are in it would be easier.

So the waiting was about CL qualification - reckon Arsene's arse wnr when we drew Ude in that case but........battles are there to be won!

Will be 100% behind the team come Wednesday (although due to time difference from the warmth of my bed......sorry :console:)

and pray that we get the kind of result that would see us open the possibility of a couple of decent signings coming in to shore things up .......Schweinsteiger, Sow, Hazard, the French CM, Jags, Cahill and the like......all of course would be a stretch.......looks like we are scarificing the first couple of games! TBH honest we were probably looking to get something out of the 'castle and 'pool games tho!

Master Splinter
23-08-2011, 05:40 AM
So what you;re saying is Mancini is a piece of shit who should shut his fucking mouth in case somebody puts a fist in it?

I'm forced to agree with you.

:gp:

He's turned into Veruca Salt over the summer.

Master Splinter
23-08-2011, 05:46 AM
Sow, Hazard, Jags or Cahill

This would be ideal, but probably too expensive.

Sow, Martin and Dann it is then :good:. That could be done for around £30m. And still £30m left over for Marco Polo. It's happening tbh.

Boss
23-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Chelsea's latest signing, Juan Mata, says that he has joined the Blues because their sporting ambition was better than that of Arsenal or Tottenham.

Mata, 23, is set to complete his move to Stamford Bridge from Valencia for £26 million and revealed that some of the other clubs who were interested in signing him ''did not compare" to Roman Abramovich's men.

" I want to come to England to win trophies- and that's why I accepted Chelsea's offer",'' he said. "It was also a question of sporting achievement, not money. Arsenal and Tottenham were both interested in me but they did not compare with the Blues. I want the Premier League title and this is possible at Chelsea."

Mata also revealed Chelsea striker Fernando Torres played a part in his decision.

"Fernando Torres helped influence my decision but speaking directly with Villas-Boas was the decisive factor", he added. "He explained how his style will be based on 4-3-3 and how important I will be to his plans.

"Frank Lampard is a monster of a footballer to play alongside and the prospect of that is incredible."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/947353/juan-mata:-arsenal-and-spurs-%27don%27t-compare%27-to-blues?cc=4716

Can't imagine him using the phrase 'monster of a footballer' but guess he was never going to come to us... :shrug:

Edinburgh Gooner
23-08-2011, 07:53 AM
'monster of a footballer'

pmsl!!

KSE Comedy Club
23-08-2011, 08:29 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/947353/juan-mata:-arsenal-and-spurs-%27don%27t-compare%27-to-blues?cc=4716

Can't imagine him using the phrase 'monster of a footballer' but guess he was never going to come to us... :shrug:

PR man makes up a load of shit shocker :coffee:

Marc Overmars
23-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Sooo, a week to go, are we signing anyone?

Boss
23-08-2011, 08:32 AM

Yes

Anthony Polo

Flavs
23-08-2011, 08:34 AM

Phil Jones, Stewart downing, Juan Mata and Santi Cazorla

:(

Kaiser
23-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Independent running an article saying M'Vila, Hazard and Martin want to see if we qualify for the CL proper before signing.

Like we'd spend that much money.

fakeyank
23-08-2011, 08:36 AM

Yo Momma!

Kaiser
23-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Yes

Anthony Polo

:pal:

It's Andy Polo.

Boss
23-08-2011, 08:40 AM
:pal:

It's Andy Polo.

I've heard it both ways, tbh. :coffee:

Joker
23-08-2011, 08:50 AM
We can't blame City too much for the delay tbh, it's the fault of (primarily) Nascunt and his agents, and Arsenal for not sorting this out more quickly, knowing that we had a UCL qualifier coming up and needed a full settled squad.

Boss
23-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Werder Bremen defender Per Mertesacker has turned down a possible move to Arsenal by saying that he wants to stay in Germany this summer.

Mertesacker, 26, has just one year left on his current deal and has been on Arsene Wenger's radar for several summers. The giant Germany international is seen by many to be the solution to Arsenal's defensive woes but, despite talks on a new contract for the defender stalling, Mertesacker insists that he is not ready to leave the Bundesliga yet.

"I am a player of Werder Bremen and I like playing in the green-white of the club,'' he told Sportinformationsdienst. ''I love being skipper of the club and I proceed on the assumption that I will at least see out the campaign in the colours of Werder Bremen."

Even though they are in the midst of an injury crisis, reports suggest Wenger is looking to move on defender Sebastian Squillaci, who has not played for the Gunners this season, which will open up a space for a new arrival.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/107259.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Hope Squillaci gtfos.

Also WTF's happened to Almunia?

Joker
23-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Thank fuck we're not getting Mertersacker, the guy's shit.

Flavs
23-08-2011, 09:03 AM
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/107259.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Hope Squillaci gtfos.

Also WTF's happened to Almunia? We sent him to the glue factory. If we are getting rid of Squillachi anyway why not just keep Bartley here?

Flavs
23-08-2011, 09:09 AM
oh well, glad we missed you then you bellend

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7119059,00.html

Joker
23-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Our lack of challenging for silverware in recent seasons is coming back to bite us in the arse. It's all well and good being financially prudent, but players don't examine the balance sheet when deciding whether to join a club, they look at the ambition of the club and whether they can win trophies. Of course the wage is very important for them, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking that our rigid wage structure (which I don't agree with and believe should be more flexible) is the only factor influencing players not joining us and players wanting to leave us. We can all believe the convenient lie that Nascunt was purely motivated by money. Yes, money was a factor and he is a greedy cunt, but the fact is City are much more likely to win trophies than us, and that is a strong selling point in their favour.

Syn
23-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Our lack of challenging for silverware in recent seasons is coming back to bite us in the arse. It's all well and good being financially prudent, but players don't examine the balance sheet when deciding whether to join a club, they look at the ambition of the club and whether they can win trophies. Of course the wage is very important for them, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking that our rigid wage structure (which I don't agree with and believe should be more flexible) is the only factor influencing players not joining us and players wanting to leave us. We can all believe the convenient lie that Nascunt was purely motivated by money. Yes, money was a factor and he is a greedy cunt, but the fact is City are much more likely to win trophies than us, and that is a strong selling point in their favour. Totally agree - wenger needs to become a free market fundamentalist.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-08-2011, 10:04 AM
one way or other. . . .this so called waiting period, which Wenger has lead us to believe is about finding the right quality and which we may have been lead ourselves to believe was based on being tight and unambitious is to end at the fibal whistle Wednesday.

Players will not come unless the chance to play in the CL is real, diesnt matter about Europe cos we will be in the Europa Cup, it s the lights of the CL that attracts

Qualify and we could see a different set of players at Utd, fail and we could be staring down the barrel of a gun, having shot ourselves already in the foot by finishing the season last year like a bunch of chumps.

If we are lucky Parker, Bellemy and perhaps Jags could join but none of the touted Euro talent

Grebbo
23-08-2011, 10:13 AM
God this transfer window has been so utterly depressing

Boss
23-08-2011, 10:16 AM
^^ Pretty much.

Meanwhile, young Costa Rican striker Joel Campbell has revealed his joy at sealing a move to the Emirates.

"Greetings to the Arsenal fans. It is a dream come true to play for such a big club in England and I want to do well for myself and Costa Rica. I am ready, I am very happy to be here and I want to focus on doing well for Arsenal,'' he said.

"Arsenal is a very well-known club in Costa Rica. I am making history because no other Costa Rican player has ever played in a team with the quality of Arsenal. Only one player has been in the Premier League before but not like the one I am at now.

"Arsene Wenger is a manager of immense quality. He knows how to use youngsters' ability. I have been watching Arsenal play since I was a kid and I took this decision because I know I have a possibility to become a better player here.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/947405/carl-jenkinson:-arsenal-kids-must-step-up?cc=4716

Japan Shaking All Over
23-08-2011, 10:19 AM
welcome! and good luck

and heres to you breaking Wenger's recent habit of buying dross to play up front ala Bendtner and Vela who will notice are either not around or soon to be not around

Ashburton2006
23-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Could that possibly be true? It would trump by a margin any other deal done this summer. This guy is a brilliant footballer, one of the few who could replace Fabregas. Is he even available? If so, why has nobody else in for him? It's another pipe dream I suppose.

No! It wont happen!
How many players have we been linked with!!!!
No one wants to come to Arsenal! FACT!!

Wenger will be gone by Monday as we will be out of the CL and 8 points behind already in the EPL!

Wenger, Gazidis, and the other farts get out now!!

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Meanwhile, young Costa Rican striker Joel Campbell has revealed his joy at sealing a move to the Emirates.

"Greetings to the Arsenal fans. It is a dream come true to play for such a big club in England and I want to do well for myself and Costa Rica. I am ready, I am very happy to be here and I want to focus on doing well for Arsenal,''

Okay so here's a kid who does want to be here, so fuck Mata and fuck all the other greedy bastards who can't even be honest with themselves. Why a player can't just transfer in and shut his gob about the other teams is a mystery. You'd almost think they were embarrassed about being a money whore - but that can't be true because these are modern day footballers. Who knows how it might work out, maybe Campbell will be the new Ian Wright and score 200 goals over an illustrious career whereas Mata will play well for a season and then get a big offer from his "beloved" homeland. We'll see. But so far, judging by the attitude of one and the attitude problem of the other, I'd rather have the Costa Rican here. Welcome matey and let's see you do the business.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-08-2011, 10:32 AM
wasnt he the one who rejected us first cause his dads his agent and wanted to wait for a bigger offer from another club?

he'll be off in 4 years time then.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 10:33 AM
wasnt he the one who rejected us first cause his dads his agent and wanted to wait for a bigger offer from another club?

he'll be off in 4 years time then.

We have to listen to the player, don't we? Not his dad. His dad won't be on the pitch, he'll just be lurking in the background working out his cut. But that's modern football.

Master Splinter
23-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Totally agree - wenger needs to become a free market fundamentalist.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2011, 10:39 AM
oh well, glad we missed you then you bellend

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7119059,00.html

Whilst Mata says silverware is the main reason he opted for Chelsea, Spurs boss Harry Redknapp (http://topics.skysports.com/Harry+Redknapp/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif insists he moved for financial reasons only.
"We were in for Mata and close to doing a deal. But he didn't come and Chelsea came in," Redknapp told the Daily Mail.
"Obviously they can blow you out of the water wage wise, and then he
changes his mind and they get him. It's all about wages."

Imangine If AW had saud this he get lynched.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-08-2011, 10:40 AM
We have to listen to the player, don't we? Not his dad. His dad won't be on the pitch, he'll just be lurking in the background working out his cut. But that's modern football.

do a quick search on google 'joel campbell rejects arsenal' and tons of sites come up about how his father wanted him to wait for a bigger offer after the U20 world cup.

sorry if i dont sound too enthusiastic about his father being his agent. we havent exactly had a good track record of fathers being agents.

ill enjoy him while he's here.
for 4 years.

KSE Comedy Club
23-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Yeh, fuck his dad and fuck Mata tbh.

I for one am really looking forward to seeing Campbell play, Ive got a good feeling about him, think he may become a very good player.

Hope he gets his work permit this week.

KSE Comedy Club
23-08-2011, 10:45 AM
do a quick search on google 'joel campbell rejects arsenal' and tons of sites come up about how his father wanted him to wait for a bigger offer after the U20 world cup.

sorry if i dont sound too enthusiastic about his father being his agent. we havent exactly had a good track record of fathers being agents.

ill enjoy him while he's here.
for 4 years.

Isnt that what NQ just said :shrug:

The fact is, it was his dad that was making the issue, but Joel himself obviously wanted to come here as he said so.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Isnt that what NQ just said :shrug:

The fact is, it was his dad that was making the issue, but Joel himself obviously wanted to come here as he said so.

and you dont think his dads going to whisper in his ear in 4 years time when campbell becomes another revelation, telling him how he could triple his wages at city or madrid?

pah whatever man. lets hope he turns out good and we get the most out of him before daddy whispers in his ear.

-Xs-
23-08-2011, 10:49 AM
I've had it both ways, tbh. :coffee:

Interesting...

KSE Comedy Club
He probably will do, but that doesnt mean he will listen to what his dad says does it?

Olivier's xmas twist
and you dont think his dads going to whisper in his ear in 4 years time when campbell becomes another revelation, telling him how he could triple his wages at city or madrid? pah whatever man. lets hope he turns out good and we get the most out of him before daddy whispers in his ear.

Depends how Well the Club is doing at that point.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-08-2011, 10:55 AM
He probably will do, but that doesnt mean he will listen to what his dad says does it?

if he listened to his dad once then no doubt he will probably do it again.

Depends how Well the Club is doing at that point.

well at this rate he's gone in 2 years not 4.

KSE Comedy Club
23-08-2011, 10:58 AM
if he listened to his dad once then no doubt he will probably do it again.

well at this rate he's gone in 2 years not 4.

Yeh, but by all accounts, he didnt listen to his dad did he?

The deal was dead after what his dad said about holding out for other clubs, then a week or two later and weve signed him.

Maybe Joel told his dad straight that he wanted to come here. Its not so hard to believe.

Grebbo
23-08-2011, 11:00 AM
More like he and his Dad wanted another club to take him but nobody else would pay him the £20k per week we offered him. Hence he turns up at Arsenal.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Yeh, fuck his dad and fuck Mata tbh.

I for one am really looking forward to seeing Campbell play, Ive got a good feeling about him, think he may become a very good player.

Hope he gets his work permit this week.

This.

Time to get on with it. . .Mata is there, Campbell is here. . .

Campbell we get behind. . . Mata we boo. . .simple

KSE Comedy Club
23-08-2011, 11:22 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14623622.stm

Lille midfielder Eden Hazard has emerged as a transfer target for Arsenal.

The 20-year-old Belgium international is under contract until 2015 with a reported value of £26m.

The Gunners are weighing up a bid for Hazard as they look to replace Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, who is poised to join Manchester City.

Hazard was named Ligue 1 player of the year after Lille's league and cup double last season.

BBC Sport understands Arsenal have been monitoring Hazard closely and could make a move for the player before the transfer window shuts on 31 August.

But the French champions say they will rebuff any offer from the Gunners or any other club.

Lille general manager Frederic Paquet told BBC Sport: "Eden will not be leaving this season.

"We are aware of interest from some of the biggest clubs in Europe but we are not prepared to sell.

"He is very happy here, he understands our project and wants to stay for at least another year."

Hazard has scored 23 goals in 123 club appearances and won 20 caps for his country.

I hope that wont be the case.

Boss
23-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Quite like the sound of Sow, impressive goalscoring record and he's actually said he wants to come to us. Looks a bit of a beast as well.

Desperately hope Campbell isn't the last striker we buy this summer.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Yeh, but by all accounts, he didnt listen to his dad did he?

The deal was dead after what his dad said about holding out for other clubs, then a week or two later and weve signed him.

Maybe Joel told his dad straight that he wanted to come here. Its not so hard to believe.

or maybe other offers didnt come in? or maybe we increased our wages 2nd time and he thought ill take this as others may not come in?

im not content with the fact he 'rejected' us then is so happy to be here. if he wanted to be here in the first place, why delay it.

im not comfortable with that.

Joker
23-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Totally agree - wenger needs to become a free market fundamentalist.

:lol:

KSE Comedy Club
23-08-2011, 11:55 AM
or maybe other offers didnt come in? or maybe we increased our wages 2nd time and he thought ill take this as others may not come in?

im not content with the fact he 'rejected' us then is so happy to be here. if he wanted to be here in the first place, why delay it.

im not comfortable with that.

It was his dad who rejected it and caused the delay, not the player.

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 12:33 PM
It's done
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/terms-agreed-with-man-city-for-nasri

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 12:33 PM
It's done
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/terms-agreed-with-man-city-for-nasri

Wow, how many days left in this transfer window? Somebody better get busy.

Joker
23-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Thank God the twat's finally leaving.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Bye.

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Now to sell Bendtner, Squillaci and Aluminia so we can finally wrap up our transfer business for this summer.

Ashburton2006
23-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Thank God the twat's finally leaving.

Agree........but this makes the Udinese game that much more difficult. :violin::rose:

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 12:41 PM
He's shit anyway, never wanted him here in the first place, never had a good game for us, he's a lesbian, greedy cunt, we're a better team without him, his hair is shit.

Joker
23-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Agree........but this makes the Udinese game that much more difficult. :violin::rose:

Yeah I think we're most likely going out tbh.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Now to sell Bendtner, Squillaci and Aluminia so we can finally wrap up our transfer business for this summer.

Certainly got that clearout we were all asking for. We should have been more specific about the replacements, as in we wanted some.

Boss
23-08-2011, 12:43 PM
The club's got to do a lot to rectify this or the backlash this season will be huge.

Grebbo
23-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Wenger

Power n Glory
23-08-2011, 12:46 PM
He's shit anyway, never wanted him here in the first place, never had a good game for us, he's a lesbian, greedy cunt, we're a better team without him, his hair is shit.

I'll give him credit for coming out to play that last home game for us. He knew he was on his way out but still played like he wanted all 3 points.

He could have refused to play but he faced the fans and won a few over. I can respect that.

We can't get on his back too much. If we think something dodgy is going on with the club, then who can blame him for looking for the exit.

Grebbo
23-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Wow, how many days left in this transfer window? Somebody better get busy.

Only a few days left to sell Jack and RVP.

Keith
23-08-2011, 12:48 PM

Be fair, his hair is quite cool.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 12:48 PM
I'll give him credit for coming out to play that last home game for us. He knew he was on his way out but still played like he wanted all 3 points.

He could have refused to play but he faced the fans and won a few over. I can respect that.

We can't get on his back too much. If we think something dodgy is going on with the club, then who can blame him for looking for the exit.

And he's fat.

Boss
23-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Moyes confirms that no bids have been made for Jagielka.

So now that's Cahill, Samba and Jagielka all confirmed by the clubs they play for that we haven't been in for.

Thought Wenger and the board were working around the clock to get new blood in.

Niall_Quinn
Only a few days left to sell Jack and RVP.

Apparently Jack won't leave. The little trog.

Keith
If things carry on like this, we'll be ground sharing before we know it...

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Moyes confirms that no bids have been made for Jagielka.

So now that's Cahill, Samba and Jagielka all confirmed by the clubs they play for that we haven't been in for.

They are, check your throat. That's not a love bite.

Grebbo
23-08-2011, 12:50 PM

What's your problem? They've literally spent hours on the Ryo, Oxo, Campbell and Jenkinson deals.

You should be bloody patient.

Joker
23-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Wenger

The amount of bullshit he's come out over the last two weeks regarding the transfers of Cesc and Nasri has been amazing. He claimed that we didn't intend to sell Cesc, then in a few days his transfer to Barca is complete. He claimed Nasri loves the club and is fully committed, and we then learn that he asked Wenger to not be included in the squad for the UCL qualifier and is now on his way to complete a medical.

Let's not forget what he said at the start of the season about not being able to call ourselves a big club if we sell Nasri and Cesc :lol:

This man has become such an idiot. More Basil Fawlty than professor.

Syn
23-08-2011, 12:51 PM
In all honesty, nasri's a bigger loss than fabregas. He has the potential become an incredible player - not far off the level someone like ronaldo has been in the last few years. He needed to move for his career and I cannot blame him for doing so.

No ill feelings towards either cesc or nasri. Glad nasri is sold in that it's annoying having that lingering on like the cesc stuff.

milla
23-08-2011, 12:52 PM
In all honesty, nasri's a bigger loss than fabregas. He has the potential become an incredible player - not far off the level someone like ronaldo has been in the last few years. He needed to move for his career and I cannot blame him for doing so.

No ill feelings towards either cesc or nasri. Glad nasri is sold in that it's annoying having that lingering on like the cesc stuff.

Cripps_orig
23-08-2011, 12:52 PM
No longer a big club then

Big 4 :rose:

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 12:53 PM
What's your problem? They've literally spent hours on the Ryo, Oxo, Campbell and Jenkinson deals.

You should be bloody patient.

He is a bloody patient, sucked dry.

Joker
Don't forget we have got new blood in, in the shape of Miyachi, Jenkinson, Campbell and Oxlade :ilt:

Boss
Let's not what he said at the start of the season about not being able to call ourselves a big club if we sell Nasri and Cesc :lol:

"Imagine the worst situation - we lose Fabregas and Nasri - you cannot convince people you are ambitious after that," he said.

"And even if you lose Nasri, to find the same quality player, you have to spend again the same amount of money. Because you cannot say, you lose the player and you do not replace him.

"I believe for us it is important the message we give out. For example, you talk about Fabregas leaving, Nasri leaving.

"If you give that message out, you cannot pretend you are a big club, because a big club first of all holds onto its big players and gives a message out to all the other big clubs that they just cannot come in and take away from you.

"We worked very hard with these players for years to develop them, and now it's a time for us to keep them together."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-no-longer-claim-to-be-big-club-if-sell-Cesc-Fabregas-and-Samir-Nasri-admits-Arsene-Wenger-article764500.html#ixzz1Vr8gwoXW

This summer is gearing up to be worse than the last one. :(

milla
23-08-2011, 12:54 PM
If things carry on like this, we'll be ground sharing before we know it...

Can we share with Man U? at least we get to see them lift the trophies every year. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 12:55 PM

This is Wenger speaking to the board via the fans. Only explanation (other than the "he's gone mad", "he's a nutter", argument).

milla
23-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Quite like the sound of Sow, impressive goalscoring record and he's actually said he wants to come to us. Looks a bit of a beast as well.

No worries, Sir Nick is still here to save the day. ##

Grebbo
23-08-2011, 12:56 PM

Even if we sold everyone and didn't replace anyone it wouldn't be as bad as last summer's business of Chamakh, Squilacci and Koscielny.

That was when I realised Wenger had to go.

:rose:

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Could this have all been done to save on the laundry bill? I bet it costs a fortune to wash all that kit.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-08-2011, 12:57 PM

Me too. . . .but also read the plea went to Real in the same breath! ?
kind of nice we are considered in such company. . . .
now I wonder who he will choose to go to?

Keith
23-08-2011, 01:00 PM
5 league wins since Jan 1st...

Syn
23-08-2011, 01:00 PM
This is Wenger speaking to the board via the fans. Only explanation (other than the "he's gone mad", "he's a nutter", argument).

I think there is a hint of that too. Still, regardless of spending money, my argument against him is that he was never able to do anywhere near as well as he shouldve given the squads he had in the last couple of seasons. We had very talented players but wenger was completely unable to keep the strong mentality and determination required. We had half-arsed performances from good players and an anything but pro-active management from wenger to rectify the same mistakes...not everything boils down to spending money on great players - wenger couldn't even get the best out of what he had.

Cripps_orig
23-08-2011, 01:02 PM
5 league wins since Jan 1st...

Relegation form

Would be impressive if Wenger did do it tbh

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 01:08 PM
I think there is a hint of that too. Still, regardless of spending money, my argument against him is that he was never able to do anywhere near as well as he shouldve given the squads he had in the last couple of seasons. We had very talented players but wenger was completely unable to keep the strong mentality and determination required. We had half-arsed performances from good players and an anything but pro-active management from wenger to rectify the same mistakes...not everything boils down to spending money on great players - wenger couldn't even get the best out of what he had.

I agree, Wenger has to shoulder his share of the blame. But I don't think you react to the ship sinking by firing a torpedo at it.

Cripps_orig
23-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Apparent we have got £24m for Nasri

Guess the only question that remains to be asked is "how much of that will go in the boards pockets and how much in Wengers?"

Kano
23-08-2011, 01:12 PM
24/25m, not too bad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14628121.stm

now go shopping wenger.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Apparent we have got £24m for Nasri

Guess the only question that remains to be asked is "how much of that will go in the boards pockets and how much in Wengers?"

Wenger will get his salary as usual and the board will filter an amount out as compensation for whatever it is they do (a mystery indeed), then the rest will most likely go to bankers who have created money out of thin air and loaned it to us at interest.

Boss
23-08-2011, 01:14 PM
49M of profit from this transfer window with Bendtner, Almunia, Squillaci still to go.

Should beat our previous record by a mile.

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 01:16 PM
OX was only 6 mill upfront, and money for youth comes from another pot. Anything we've spent to sign youth talent shouldn't be included to this imaginary big number we've got to spend.

Joker
23-08-2011, 01:28 PM
LOL we're even losing to Wigan reserves atm :lol:

Cripps_orig
23-08-2011, 01:30 PM
This Sow geezer is PSG bound

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 01:30 PM

And we beat Man Utd's reserves not so long ago, I don't think we were proclaiming that the good times are here!

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 01:31 PM
And we beat Man Utd's reserves not so long ago, I don't think we were proclaiming that the good times are here!

Unless you are an ex-shareholder.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Unless you are an ex-shareholder.

You think they take an interest in the reserves? :lol:

Cripps_orig
23-08-2011, 01:32 PM

Apparently that Ryu guy is playing :lol:

Hes a bit shit isnt he?

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 01:33 PM
You think they take an interest in the reserves? :lol:

No, I think they just take the reserves full stop.

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Typical :coffee:

Joker
23-08-2011, 01:34 PM

You reap what you sow.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 01:35 PM
You rape what you sow.

Fixed.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Wenger was just asked, now we have lost (in his words) two great players, does that mean he will need to bring two great players in? He said he has already brought in great players, like Chamberlain and Gervinho. Although he then says, you'll see that they will go on to be great players. :blink:

Joker
23-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Fixed.

Joker
23-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Wenger was just asked, now we have lost (in his words) two great players, does that mean he will need to bring two great players in? He said he has already brought in great players, like Chamberlain and Gervinho. Although he then says, you'll see that they will go on to be great players. :blink:

Oh please tell him he didn't say that :ilt:

Marc Overmars
23-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Sign some fucking players.

Please. :(

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 01:37 PM
You rape what you sow.
Fixed.

Squeal like a pig? :unsure:

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 01:38 PM

Don't supposed he mentioned at which club?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Oh please tell him he didn't say that :ilt:

Afraid he did. Although if I was being interviewed by SSN waiting at a departure lounge I would tell them any old bollocks too.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Squeal like a pig? :unsure:

We are, we are.

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 01:42 PM
@Optajoe: 49% - Arsenal's PL win percentage with Samir Nasri starting is well below the 62% win rate for the Gunners in his absence. Divorce.

Syn
23-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Man city were willing to pay £24m because they knew he'd fuck off to man utd for free next summer if they didn't. Decent money considering he had one year left and wanted to leave but it hardly matters for the fans

Fats
23-08-2011, 01:49 PM

If Hazard is worth 26 million then im worth 10 million. If Wenger pays this kind of money then something very fishy is going on.

Marc Overmars
23-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Next week is either going to be very exciting or painfully bad.

There would be no way back for Wenger and the board if the unthinkable happens.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 01:51 PM

If Hazard is worth 26 million then im worth 10 million. If Wenger pays this kind of money then something very fishy is going on.

Fishy? I don't think so. It's probably a fair figure such are things at the moment for a player of that age and one under contract - plus part of that could be the worth of the player to the club itself.

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 01:52 PM

Fair price for someone like him all things considered.

Özim
23-08-2011, 01:53 PM
The Hazard deal would be good, but 26 million, will we really spend that?

Moreover the guy at Lille has said he's not for sale, might be going up a blind alley with that one, but nothing we've not done before.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Fishy? I don't think so. It's probably a fair figure such are things at the moment for a player of that age and one under contract - plus part of that could be the worth of the player to the club itself.

Fabregas Precedent(TM) applied. Real figure should be free then.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Can't we carry on with the Schweinsteiger fantasy for at least another day please?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Fabregas Precedent(TM) applied. Real figure should be free then.

There is no precadent for that, well not one carried forward to any other player in all likelihood.

Boss
23-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Speaking of Fabregas, he picked up another trophy yesterday.

Sure, that trophy's as valued as the Emirates Cup, but apparently we can't even win that. :rose:

GP
23-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Apparently we are in talks for Mitur Binesderty

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Apparently we are in talks for Mitur Binesderty

Stonewall case of laundering if we close that deal.

Fats
23-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Fair price for someone like him all things considered.

No way he is only 20 playing in a poor league, never ever worth that figure, did you pull that out of thin air?

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 02:17 PM
There is no precadent for that, well not one carried forward to any other player in all likelihood.

If you can find Fabregas cheaper at any other club we'll double the difference! Now THAT'S the Arsenal Price Promise.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Speaking of Fabregas, he picked up another trophy yesterday.

Sure, that trophy's as valued as the Emirates Cup, but apparently we can't even win that. :rose:

He'll be going for the UEFA Super Cup on Friday. :lol:

Boss
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14635992.stm?

Niall_Quinn
That's £70mill banked from City alone since 2009 and supposedly we're a club that can't compete with the big dogs in the transfer market.

GP
23-08-2011, 02:44 PM
All the money needs to be spent. 3 quality players minimum or Wenger out.

Fist of Lehmann
23-08-2011, 02:47 PM
OX was only 6 mill upfront, and money for youth comes from another pot. Anything we've spent to sign youth talent shouldn't be included to this imaginary big number we've got to spend.The OC wasn't bought for the youth team. Besides which, £6m is way more than the annual youth team pot.

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 02:49 PM
The OC wasn't bought for the youth team. Besides which, £6m is way more than the annual youth team pot.
I think there's a clause built into the club that insists we reserve a largish amount for youth development.

Boss
23-08-2011, 02:53 PM
We spend roughly 3M a year on youth development IIRC, whereas Barca spend something like 13M.

Found this article about it:

With half of their first team on parade as glittering alumni, Barcelona’s academy is widely regarded as the finest in the world — but so it should be, as it is by far the most expensive.

•The club devote £13.5 million a year to the process of finding the stars of tomorrow, a huge sum that dwarves the figure invested in youth development by Arsenal (£2.5 million annually), Manchester United (£4 million) and even free-spending Chelsea (£3.6 million).

•Barcelona’s money is clearly working as in the past decade their academy has delivered the cream of Catalonia (Carles Puyol, Xavi, Sergio Busquets) as well as the best players from all over Spain (Andrés Iniesta, Pedro) and the rest of the world (Lionel Messi, Bojan Krkic).

•In the same period only Iker Casillas and Raúl have come through the ranks at Real Madrid.

Arsenal The most productive academy in England, with Alexandre Song, Gaël Clichy and Cesc Fàbregas coming through the system.

Chelsea Invested heavily and signed several teenagers for large sums on top of their budget, but no first-team player has come through since John Terry.

Manchester United Have struggled to live up to the standards of the once-in-a-lifetime Beckham/Neville/Scholes generation, but still produce plenty of good players such as Jonny Evans.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/european_football/article7080571.ece

From March 2010.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-08-2011, 03:01 PM
We/Wenger has a chance to build up again.......we now have a large amount of money........I think that a lot depends on tomorrow night but Hazards story has come out on BBC the same time as Nasris so there may be more truth about this.......not because it is the BBC but its more than a one liner, admittedly Lilles boss says no go.

if we wrap Hazard we need to move to the next area......CB I say because we have already lost two to injury so its a no brainer but I would like to see a striker and CM........the French guy that was recently mentioned and NQ has a good idea about Bellemy for a striker, he should be cheap as well........the next few days should be worth waiting around for

Boss
23-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Chelsea make a bid for my cousin :upset:

15.28: BREAKING NEWS Sky Sports News is reporting that Chelsea have now made an official bid for Porto's Alvaro Pereira. He can play at left back or left midfield, and you'd have to assume his primary role would be the latter at Chelsea.

Valued at 18M euros roughly.

Re: Bellamy, Liverpool are supposed to be in for him as well as Seb Coates (another player we were linked with, a CB).

Lastly...

15.13: Emmanuel Frimpong doesn’t seem to be too impressed by Samir Nasri’s move to Manchester City. First, he tweeted that “Money is the Roots of all Evil”.
Jack Wilshere subsequently wrote: “Good luck to my friend @Nanas08 (mr Nasri) learnt a lot from him. World class player! Will be missed!" To which Frimpong replied: “Pffffff comeon Jack”

:lol: Frimpong :bow: :bow:

GP
23-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Bellamy :lol:

Özim
23-08-2011, 03:20 PM
No excuses for not signing quality now, in a way this is a good thing, it allows us to start again and hopefully get it right this time.

We do need to bring in top quality players though, no more projects at this stage.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2011, 03:24 PM
No excuses for not signing quality now, in a way this is a good thing, it allows us to start again and hopefully get it right this time.

We do need to bring in top quality players though, no more projects at this stage.

Agree with Zimm 100% here tbh, the players are down the fans are down the we all need a lift. i mean we are looking at 4th as an achivement this season.

RomfordPele
23-08-2011, 03:30 PM
I agree. I think Nasri leaving is the closest thing to good news we've had for a while. Wenger was taking us towards an awful fudge where we'd keep a completely uncommitted player, lose him on a free to United next year and not buy anyone to replace him. Now AW has to do something very bold in the transfer market. He has no choice.

Boss
23-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Senderos :haha:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/video_audio/107393.html?sport=3

Didn't know he was at Fulham :unsure:

Fist of Lehmann
23-08-2011, 03:31 PM
We spend roughly 3M a year on youth development IIRC, whereas Barca spend something like 13M.

Found this article about it:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/european_football/article7080571.ece

From March 2010.

Thanks, I was looking for that number.

fakeyank
23-08-2011, 03:34 PM

Didn't know he was alive

Özim
23-08-2011, 03:41 PM

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/video_audio/107393.html?sport=3

Didn't know he was at Fulham :unsure:

KESSLER
23-08-2011, 03:43 PM
:lol: Frimpong :bow: :bow:

Henderson just tweeted ....

Got a lot of respect for @EmmanuelF4 #Arsenal

loool Frimpong :bow:

hobson's choice
23-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Chelsea make a bid for my cousin :upset:

:

Can you loan me Ten Thousand

AKBapologist
23-08-2011, 03:49 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7119937,00.html?utm_source=twitterfe ed&utm_medium=twitter

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2011, 04:02 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7119937,00.html?utm_source=twitterfe ed&utm_medium=twitter

Thats what they said about Mata and Nasri but they still moved give them a good fee and he's outs tbh

Syn
23-08-2011, 04:08 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7119937,00.html?utm_source=twitterfe ed&utm_medium=twitter Yeah, that's the standard response if a club tries to buy your best player a week before the window closes - "fuck off". No club would be willing to lose their star players with no time to replace them. Well, almost no clubs.Still, we bid £30m and they would accept it. It shouldn't matter to us if it's over the odds. If a player is very good and it's the player you want and you have the money, you buy him.

GunnerFan4Life
23-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Just seen Frimpongs tweets :bow:

EmmanuelF4 Emmanuel Y Frimpong
"@JackWilshere: Good luck to my friend @Nanas08 (mr Nasri) learnt a lot from him. World class player! Will be missed!"Pffffff comeon Jack

Boss
23-08-2011, 04:25 PM
30k less to spend on transfers :rose:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/947542/fa-fine-arsenal-and-newcastle-L30,000?cc=4716

Darth Vela
23-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Starting to get a touch worrying now, given that Wilshere probably won't play for the rest of the season there's some serious creativity shortfall in midield, we'd better have something planned otherwise we're screwed.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2011, 04:37 PM

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/947542/fa-fine-arsenal-and-newcastle-L30,000?cc=4716

:haha: It really does poor when ir rains anything else to happen to us ffs. Seems like Eveyone wants a turn at beating us up lol

Olivier's xmas twist
23-08-2011, 04:43 PM

1734 FOOTBALL: Newcastle ask for details behind the decision to find the club guilty of failing to control their players in the match against Arsenal before considering their position. A Magpies statement read: "Newcastle United has requested written reasons for the decision from the chairman of the regulatory commission and will consider its position once these have been received."

lol

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Starting to get a touch worrying now, given that Wilshere probably won't play for the rest of the season there's some serious creativity shortfall in midield, we'd better have something planned otherwise we're screwed.

WTF? First it was 2 days, then 2 weeks, a few minutes ago it was 2 months and now it;s the whole season???? People are having a laugh about the Wilshere injury, right? He's really back in a few days I assume. Right or wrong?

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 04:46 PM
:haha: It really does poor when ir rains anything else to happen to us ffs. Seems like Eveyone wants a turn at beating us up lol

FA do this whenever they want to fund a piss up and whoring session. Dirty old buffers.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 04:47 PM
WTF? First it was 2 days, then 2 weeks, a few minutes ago it was 2 months and now it;s the whole season???? People are having a laugh about the Wilshere injury, right? He's really back in a few days I assume. Right or wrong?

Who knows? Ankle injuries are horrible to try and predict, even though Wenger has had a go.

Darth Vela
23-08-2011, 04:49 PM

I'm just going by experience, we need one of our best players to miss most of the season otherwise we're not Arsenal and we need it to be someone who can't really be replaced, Wilshere's the man and he's already started down the Vermaelen/Rosicky path too.

Boss
23-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Eto'o to finalise his deal with Anzhi tomorrow for 25M euros.

He'll pick up wages of £345,000 per week apparently. :blink:

Marc Overmars
23-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Frimpong on Twitter. :lol:

Making a name for himself alright...someone should tell him to wind his neck in a little though.

Boss
23-08-2011, 04:51 PM

Making a name for himself alright...someone should tell him to wind his neck in a little though.

If we can't enjoy the footy this season let's at least enjoy the entertainment, tbh.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Eto'o to finalise his deal with Anzhi tomorrow for 25M euros.

He'll pick up wages of £345,000 per week apparently. :blink:

Who the hell is Khazi? Another one of those oligarch playthings?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Who the hell is Khazi? Another one of those oligarch playthings?

Pretty much.

Fist of Lehmann
23-08-2011, 04:54 PM
AFAIK Wilshere has trained for the last 3 days. Think he might be an outside chance for Udinese, relapses notwithstanding.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 04:56 PM
AFAIK Wilshere has trained for the last 3 days. Think he might be an outside chance for Udinese, relapses notwithstanding.

Nah, whole season out was the last bid I heard. Twitter rumours now suggesting he's dead.

Darth Vela
23-08-2011, 04:57 PM
It's cool, I've heard about these things, he'll be risen again in 3 days.

GP
23-08-2011, 04:58 PM

No chance. His foot is still immobile in one of those boot things. It'll be at least 2 months, but the club are keeping quiet.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 04:58 PM

A GHEL is gonna GHEL.

Marc Overmars
23-08-2011, 05:01 PM
A GHEL is gonna GHEL.

True, true.

Hoping to see him fall out of a nightclub soon and fuck a 16 year old.

GP
23-08-2011, 05:02 PM
True, true.

Hoping to see him fall out of a nightclub soon and fuck a 16 year old.

16 year old are pretty hot to be fair.

Keith
23-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Frimpong

Money is the Roots of all Evil

:tiphat:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
23-08-2011, 05:41 PM
human nature is the route of all evil

milla
23-08-2011, 05:59 PM
No chance. His foot is still immobile in one of those boot things. It'll be at least 2 months, but the club are keeping quiet.

Out for the rest of the season :good:

alexander
23-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Out for the rest of the season :good:

this was how the TV5 situation came about was it not. Oh well, he was a good player. Look forward to seeing him early May.

Grebbo
23-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Pity about Wilshere.

But if he plays for us again it'll be like a new signing!!

:scarf:

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Pity about Wilshere.

But if he plays for us again it'll be like a new signing!!

:scarf:

Ramsey's good enough and experienced enough to carry the entire midfield tbh.

:ilt:

Fist of Lehmann
23-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Sky Sports are saying 3 weeks now, and out of the England game, as if anyone cared.

Cockwankerbollox.

Ironing
23-08-2011, 07:46 PM
human nature is the route of all evil

bollox

that would mean that capitalism is human nature - it's not.