PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Boss
23-08-2011, 08:18 PM
18.32: According to The Times, Arsene Wenger has denied any interest in Lazio's Mauro Zarate but he did say: "We will be in the market regardless of the result tomorrow."

^^

PGFC
23-08-2011, 08:24 PM
"We will be in the market regardless of the result tomorrow."

It's true, He's got to take back those snide Nikes and get some dog food.

fakeyank
23-08-2011, 08:25 PM
^^

Wait... theres a waiting period though

Letters
23-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Money is the Roots of all Evil

:tiphat:

Biblical misquote du jour there.

Elreactor
23-08-2011, 09:22 PM
OK so we´ve lost another of the good players. Yeah, he wasn´t happy and all that, no point in keeping such a player, sure, but who will be happy here then? I mean, who that is half prepared, right now, to add some talent and hope to this decimated team.

What happens in the following week is a total mystery.

:(

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 09:40 PM
We'll probably sign one player, which won't be enough. Although stranger things have happened so we might sign two, which won't be enough. In the miraculous event we sign three, well that won't be enough and into the realms of pure fantasy, if we sign four players then maybe that might be enough. If whoever we sign gets injured for the rest of the season in his first game for us, that would just be typical.

Syn
23-08-2011, 09:42 PM
What happens in the following week is a total mystery.:( I can Isaac this one for you.Wenger will get a £18m+ signing on deadline day; jagielka, Cahill, I don't know... in a bid to get the fans back on his side. So desperate are the fans for a signing that it'll actually work. Two top players out, one good player in, and the majority will start supporting wenger again.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 09:46 PM
I can Isaac this one for you.Wenger will get a £18m+ signing on deadline day; jagielka, Cahill, I don't know... in a bid to get the fans back on his side. So desperate are the fans for a signing that it'll actually work. Two top players out, one good player in, and the majority will start supporting wenger again.

Yes, the desperation levels are so intense now I suspect the relief of any signing will shield Wenger and the board for a while. About a week.

Coney
23-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Yes, the desperation levels are so intense now I suspect the relief of any signing will shield Wenger and the board for a while. About a week.

Whether he signs one or four, for 1 million each or a total of 50 million, we won't know how things are going to be for a couple of months.

Unai Tea
23-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Biblical misquote du jour there.

I agree with Ping Pong Frimpong. Fuck Money, damn roots of evil. Bring back the barter economy!!! Death to all those who oppose us. :fingers:

Coney
23-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Oh no! Just realised that evil roots is an anagram of Levi Roots. And I keep using his Love Apple and Jerk sauce. :yikes:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Speaking of money. Apparently Eto'o will be earning 50p a second.

At the same club Roberto Carlos received a Bugatti Veyron for his 38th birthday from the owner. :blink:

Unai Tea
23-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Oh no! Just realised that evil roots is an anagram of Levi Roots. And I keep using his Love Apple and Jerk sauce. :yikes:

OMFGZ, that was post 666. That means you're satin.

Coney

Mentioned
0 Post(s)
Tagged
0 Thread(s)

**Yes, I know it's Satan.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Speaking of money. Apparently Eto'o will be earning 50p a second.

With the current price of electricity he'll need it. Plus he'll have enough left over to pay somebody to feed the meter.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Whether he signs one or four, for 1 million each or a total of 50 million, we won't know how things are going to be for a couple of months.

I agree, that will be the next excuse.

Coney
23-08-2011, 10:18 PM
I agree, that will be the next excuse.

:lol: If he buys 4 for a million each, even I will be a tad less than impressed.

Master Splinter
23-08-2011, 10:48 PM
It would be brilliant if Eto'o threw 50p coins at a racist every second in Russia.

Cripps_orig
23-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Arsenal target Eden Hazard has once again reaffirmed his commitment to Lille by ruling out a move to the Emirates this summer.Full story: talkSPORTArsene Wenger will look to sign Everton pair Phil Jagielka and Mikel Arteta as he looks to strengthen his Arsenal side before the transfer window closes at the end of the month. Full story: Caughtoffside.comApparently we have £90m to spend and that's the best we can get?

McNamara That Ghost...
23-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Andaluz just fainted.

Niall_Quinn
23-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Schweinsteiger rumour didn't even last 24 hours. I'd settle for a few sustained rumours at this point.

KSE Comedy Club
23-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Apparently we have £90m to spend and that's the best we can get?

Thats fuckin terrible tbh.

Jags doesnt want to come here, he's pretty much made that clear and arteta is injury prone and a bit shit.

As things stand currently, were fucked.

Ralpheroo72
24-08-2011, 12:11 AM
We are fucked. With our past history in negotiating transfers in with Gazidis as chief negotiator, what can we realistically hope to achieve in 1 week? This club has gone to the dogs, and some cunt on that board, needs to come clean with the fans.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 12:15 AM
and some cunt on that board, needs to come clean with the fans

Essential if they don't want a meltdown in the coming months.

The Verminator
24-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Essential if they don't want a meltdown in the coming months.

You're not daring to say the fans might hit back and abstain from buying a pie on matchday are you NQ?! :o

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Apparently we have £90m to spend and that's the best we can get?

All that money but when you leave until the last minute nobody decent wants to join.

If I were Wenger I'd be begging players like Hazard to join by saying "look at my track record, in 2 yrs time you'll be playing for either the greatest Barca team of all time or on £200k pw at City"

Wenger may as well play to his strengths.

fakeyank
24-08-2011, 04:00 AM
All that money but when you leave until the last minute nobody decent wants to join.

If I were Wenger I'd be begging players like Hazard to join by saying "look at my track record, in 2 yrs time you'll be playing for either the greatest Barca team of all time or on £200k pw at City"

Wenger may as well play to his strengths.

:gp:

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 05:29 AM
You're not daring to say the fans might hit back and abstain from buying a pie on matchday are you NQ?! :o

Not saying things should be taken this far, but there are other less drastic steps available.

Flavs
24-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Lansbury to Blackburn and Bendtner to eitehr newcastle or Werder Bremen tonight tomorrow morning latest. hence they havent travelled to Italy.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-08-2011, 07:16 AM
shit what am I doing with my life.......sitting up until 1am looking at the news/GW.......wake up at 7am look at the news/GW........sit in front of my computer at work looking at the news/GW.......travel on the train checking the news/GW on my phone

and what is happening fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu#kin nuffink........to be expected I suppose, will wait till after tonight but then......I have a feeling I may just kill someone........

and whose fault is it?

Japan Shaking All Over
24-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Lansbury to Blackburn and Bendtner to eitehr newcastle or Werder Bremen tonight tomorrow morning latest. hence they havent travelled to Italy.

what the hell........I know we were talking of wanting a clear out but we surely cant lose any other players.......I mean Nic is not flavour of the month but with Nas gone we need every attacking option we can get......his deal as Per exchange (the cheap option) written all over it - we can only hope that it is not to save money for anything else but spunking it some massive signings

(tactic for tonight - 10 across the half way line in an innovative attempt of playing the offside trap - with SZVChnasjyy to save the day in the event of it being sprung)

Flavs
24-08-2011, 07:25 AM
what the hell........I know we were talking of wanting a clear out but we surely cant lose any other players.......I mean Nic is not flavour of the month but with Nas gone we need every attacking option we can get......his deal as Per exchange (the cheap option) written all over it - we can only hope that it is not to save money for anything else but spunking it some massive signings

(tactic for tonight - 10 across the half way line in an innovative attempt of playing the offside trap - with SZVChnasjyy to save the day in the event of it being sprung)

Listening to wenger talking about "promoting from within" last night i am really worried we wont buy anyone of note. Which iis odd becuase even if we lose tonight we are losing the money from the Nasri deal essentially, but what about the £30mil from cesc, £4mil from Eboue, £8mil from Clichy and £1mil fro JET plus the alleged £40mil we already had to spend??

I still cant decide whether Wenger is the victim or the villain here, its like a 50's whodunnit movie. "The Arsenal stadium mystery 2, where the fuck is all the money"

Unai Tea
24-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Listening to wenger talking about "promoting from within" last night i am really worried we wont buy anyone of note. Which iis odd becuase even if we lose tonight we are losing the money from the Nasri deal essentially, but what about the £30mil from cesc, £4mil from Eboue, £8mil from Clichy and £1mil fro JET plus the alleged £40mil we already had to spend??

I still cant decide whether Wenger is the victim or the villain here, its like a 50's whodunnit movie. "The Arsenal stadium mystery 2, where the fuck is all the money"

It's stashed in Pat Rice's mattress....

:patrice:

Flavs
24-08-2011, 07:46 AM
5 players or i can see us being a complete failure this season. Bearing in mind after this weekend our record will be played 3 won 0 drawn 1 lost 2

CB, LB, CM, CM, Attacker

Oh and Hazard is all over the french press this morning saying he isnt interested in moving clubs and wants to stay at Lille :blah:

fakeyank
24-08-2011, 07:51 AM

Its simple really.. AW is to blame. IF the board was somehow not letting him spend or putting too many constraints on him, I cannot see him continuing to manage Arsenal. He has said it many times and I think Teg and some other people have even brought up articles from the past which state the same. AW is NOT the victim... he is just a stubborn old man who wants to prove to the world that he can win titles with a young squad made up from the academy ala Barcelona. Unfortunately thats not happening and his deluded vision is taking the club down the gutter.

Unai Tea
24-08-2011, 08:03 AM
5 players or i can see us being a complete failure this season. Bearing in mind after this weekend our record will be played 3 won 0 drawn 1 lost 2

CB, LB, CM, CM, Attacker

Oh and Hazard is all over the french press this morning saying he isnt interested in moving clubs and wants to stay at Lille :blah:

So who are our targets now then, realistically?

CB: Jagielka? Cahill? Samba? How much interest does Wenger have in signing a CB? Could have got this done ages ago with little fuss. Dann? He's cheap if nothing else.

LB: Baines won't be sold. There was that Swedish Serb kid? Or that french guy with the bad teeth?

CM: Yann M'Vila? Anyone else?

CM: Marvin Martin? Hazard seems unlikely.

Attacker: Zarate? Wasn't that rumour quashed? Benzema seems unlikely. Willian? Sow?

It just seems that many of the opportunities which were open to us before have now closed. Few seem massively keen to come here. Few clubs keen to sell this late. desperate times.

Flavs
24-08-2011, 08:09 AM
So who are our targets now then, realistically?

CB: Jagielka? Cahill? Samba? How much interest does Wenger have in signing a CB? Could have got this done ages ago with little fuss. Dann? He's cheap if nothing else.

LB: Baines won't be sold. There was that Swedish Serb kid? Or that french guy with the bad teeth?

CM: Yann M'Vila? Anyone else?

CM: Marvin Martin? Hazard seems unlikely.

Attacker: Zarate? Wasn't that rumour quashed? Benzema seems unlikely. Willian? Sow?

It just seems that many of the opportunities which were open to us before have now closed. Few seem massively keen to come here. Few clubs keen to sell this late. desperate times.

I have no idea, none, nada, zip. I know who i would go after if i was him, i know who the papers are constantly linking us with and i know who the football manager crowd want us to buy.

As for who, if anyone we will buy i couldnt even guess. Wenger and our board are a very strange entity these days.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 08:11 AM

I still cant decide whether Wenger is the victim or the villain here, its like a 50's whodunnit movie. "The Arsenal stadium
mystery 2, where the fuck is all the money"

I heard that interview this morning and it did sound worrying. I don't know WTF is going on and we all deserve and explanation, every year we see the squad stripped of quality
and only the bare minimum done to compensate.

We need at least 3 players I would say but we'll be lucky to get one. This transfer window has been shocking and some cunt from the club needs to shed some light on the
situation. Wenger makes it sound like signing players is the hardest job on earth, now whilst I'm sure it's not as simple as playing Football Manager, to only have Gervinho as the only signing of note, whilst we lose a quarter of our first team squad takes the piss.

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 08:35 AM
:tumbleweed:

Daniele
24-08-2011, 08:59 AM
the thing is, AW thought could hang on to Cesc and Nasri. So we wasted too much time in dealing with them and let the window drawing to a close without even thinking about possible replacements. If you let cesc leave you have to sign Hazard, you cannot buy someone to make the numbers can you? another error of judgment.

Seaman's Ponytail
24-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Wenger makes it sound like signing players is the hardest job on earth, now whilst I'm sure it's not as simple as playing Football Manager, to only have Gervinho as the only signing of note, whilst we lose a quarter of our first team squad takes the piss.

Agreed. Wenger's comments are the biggest piss-take in the history of the world. They smack of contempt for us, the fans. That he seriously expects us to believe this utter bollocks gives me the shits tbh. Citeh, Chelski and Manure have no such issues signing players. SAF knew what he needed, a CB, an AM and a GK. Was it hard for him? Ta fuck it was, all done and dusted by the end of June just as our business should have been as well. We are royally fucked if we if we lose tonight, no fucker will want to join us and there will only be one person to blame for that! :flash:

p.s. the emoticon used means nothing at all, i've just always wanted to use it :)

Arsenal Fan
24-08-2011, 09:11 AM
so, name change is needed now....

hmmm 'Arsenal Fan' possibly, witty because its not witty. lol

Flavs
24-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Wenger's comments are the biggest piss-take in the history of the world.

So's your face

Seaman's Ponytail
24-08-2011, 09:16 AM
So's your face

That's quite hurtful, especially when i'm obviously already quite fragile.... :arry:

Letters
24-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Agreed. Wenger's comments are the biggest piss-take in the history of the world. They smack of contempt for us, the fans. That he seriously expects us to believe this utter bollocks gives me the shits tbh. Citeh, Chelski and Manure have no such issues signing players. SAF knew what he needed, a CB, an AM and a GK. Was it hard for him? Ta fuck it was, all done and dusted by the end of June just as our business should have been as well. We are royally fucked if we if we lose tonight, no fucker will want to join us and there will only be one person to blame for that! :flash:

The glimmer of hope I'm clinging to is that we had to wait till the CL qualifier was done and the Nasri and Fabregas situations were resolved.
Tonight's result will determine our budget and the calibre of player we can attract. If the transfer window closes and we haven't made any major signings then, like Kate Middleton, we're royally screwed. But it's all going to be a mad scramble as we've only got a week or so to do things :(

Daniele
24-08-2011, 09:22 AM
I will be wearing a shirt with 'I don't do optimism, I am Gooner' written on it.:(

Flavs
24-08-2011, 09:23 AM
That's quite hurtful, especially when i'm obviously already quite fragile.... :arry:

Soz boz

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2011, 09:29 AM
I will be wearing a shirt with 'I don't do optimism, I am Gooner' written on it.:(

I am Gooner. :bow:

One of the few things Arshavin has done right.

Seaman's Ponytail
24-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Tonight's result will determine our budget and the calibre of player we can attract.

Exactly and that's what scares me far more than any Udinese team ever will. Anyway it's bedtime down under so i'm off ta dream of Chezny havin a blinder and getting us a 0-0 result :pray: See ya all for kick-off!

Daniele
24-08-2011, 09:31 AM
I am Gooner. :bow:

One of the few things Arshavin has done right.

I don't think I understand...:unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't think I understand...:unsure:

I am Gooner is what he said when he joined us.

Daniele
24-08-2011, 09:35 AM

right. now we will as happy as we were if he said: I'm Goner.

Flavs
24-08-2011, 09:38 AM

Yeah its russian for "fat"

Flavs
24-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Tonight's result will determine our budget and the calibre of player we can attract.

Not really, Liverpool have spent millions and millions and arent in the champs league. Any loss of revenue is countered by the Nasri sale, so we should still have some £60mil+ to spend. As i said in another thread we should...should still be able to buy players from any team that arent a european giant IMO. Aside from teh Inter/AC, Real.Barca's of this world we should be able to buy them. Lille are french champions and in the champs league and it seems half their team want to play for us.

Letters
24-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Not really, Liverpool have spent millions and millions and arent in the champs league. Any loss of revenue is countered by the Nasri sale, so we should still have some £60mil+ to spend. As i said in another thread we should...should still be able to buy players from any team that arent a european giant IMO. Aside from teh Inter/AC, Real.Barca's of this world we should be able to buy them. Lille are french champions and in the champs league and it seems half their team want to play for us.

You don't think tonight's result has any impact on our budget or the kind of player we could attract?

Kano
24-08-2011, 10:05 AM
if we traditionally went after top tier players then we'd be fucked. seeing as we go for the 10-15 mill bracket and if we miss out on the cl it would be the first time in 15 years, then i can't see it affecting us attracting those type of players. our budget doesnt really matter as its never spent anyway.

RomfordPele
24-08-2011, 10:20 AM
To be honest, Wenger is such a contrary old bugger these days it wouldn't surprise me if we actually spent MORE if we got knocked out the CL. If we get through, he'll just say he has faith in his current squad, etc and he'll carry on with Project Yoof. If we're out, he'll be under pressure to wheel out a few big names, not least to save his own skin.

Flavs
24-08-2011, 10:41 AM
You don't think tonight's result has any impact on our budget or the kind of player we could attract?

I gave up trying to think about should/coulds last summer after Squillachi arrived tbh

Flavs
24-08-2011, 10:43 AM
he'll carry on with Project Yoof.

I dont think he can mate, we dont have enough of them at the moment

Darth Vela
24-08-2011, 11:00 AM

I don't think it will have much impact on our budget but it will definitely be a biggie in terms of attracting players, it's the premier competition that every top player ( i.e. the guys we need to get in to replace Cesc) wants to be in, plus if we lose out it will only further corroborate the media POV that we're on the way down to mid-table mediocrity, hell it may even indicate that we ARE on our way down; that probably won't help us attract players.

In general terms the situation is still essentially this, Cesc needs to be replaced with someone who has a good dose of creativity and can control games with preferably an eye for goal, get that and we'll finish top 4. Get another CB to minimise the chance of Squillaci ever playing for us again and another experienced attacker/midfielder and we should compete for trophies.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Barton is in talks with QPR apparently.

:blink:

Flavs
24-08-2011, 11:02 AM
I don't think it will have much impact on our budget but it will definitely be a biggie in terms of attracting players, it's the premier competition that every top player ( i.e. the guys we need to get in to replace Cesc) wants to be in, plus if we lose out it will only further corroborate the media POV that we're on the way down to mid-table mediocrity, hell it may even indicate that we ARE on our way down; that probably won't help us attract players.

In general terms the situation is still essentially this, Cesc needs to be replaced with someone who has a good dose of creativity and can control games with preferably an eye for goal, get that and we'll finish top 4. Get another CB to minimise the chance of Squillaci ever playing for us again and another experienced attacker/midfielder and we should compete for trophies.

Oh i think, as is proved over and over again nowadays, the main factor in attracting players is ££££££££££

Letters
24-08-2011, 11:10 AM
I gave up trying to think about should/coulds last summer after Squillachi arrived tbh

:lol: Fair enough.

Letters
24-08-2011, 11:11 AM

:blink:

Are you sure that shouldn't be CID?

Syn
24-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Can't believe people actually think we could go out today. Money is at stake - we'll at least get the draw, for my money, a nice little 0-2

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 11:23 AM

CB, LB, CM, CM, Attacker

they all say that though, but tbh his club are in the cl so why leave one who are not in it yet for one who are tbh.

Darth Vela
24-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Oh i think, as is proved over and over again nowadays, the main factor in attracting players is ££££££££££

Maybe money is the major factor for some but most wouldn't take a pay hike to play in lower competitions, unless it was a big pay hike, after all money can overcome anything, I agree on that.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 11:26 AM

Well for us its the Offer of CL footie thats why we need to get through more to get players then anything else.

Darth Vela
24-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Can't believe people actually think we could go out today. Money is at stake - we'll at least get the draw, for my money, a nice little 0-2

You really think Gervinho weighs up the monetary advantage to be gained by the club when contemplating a strike on goal? Or Szczesny wonders whether we can get away with conceding a goal cos he cba to come out and claim a cross, as after all why expend energy when there's no financial benefit?

Our confidence is low and our attack is struggling to build anything approaching a forward move ending with a chance on goal, no amount of money changes that.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 11:37 AM

I don't think it would impact the budget to an extent because we have more than enough in sales to compensate for the lack of CL football. It would almost certainly affect the calibre of player though. That might not even be a problem either though seeing as we won't be after bona fide stars anyway.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 11:48 AM
You really think Gervinho weighs up the monetary advantage to be gained by the club when contemplating a strike on goal? Or Szczesny wonders whether we can get away with conceding a goal cos he cba to come out and claim a cross, as after all why expend energy when there's no financial benefit?

Our confidence is low and our attack is struggling to build anything approaching a forward move ending with a chance on goal, no amount of money changes that.

I don't think our confidence is low, not the players' confidence anyway. They didn't seem rattled over the last couple of games. The fans of course are shot to pieces, but I'm wondering if some sort of siege mentality could set in now and be the best thing that ever happened to some of these buggers. They've had it pampered for a long time, maybe digging it out in the trenches with Stoke City is exactly what they need. To lose that arrogance and that swagger, which has been unwarranted for years. We've got to prove we are better than Stoke now, rather than just assume it.

Or maybe they'll just collapse.

Is anyone seriously saying they'd rather not have this guy running out for us, maybe alongside Parker, tonight? Compared to what we've got? Barton the Teflon wind-up merchant and Parker the tireless water carrier. Instead of a couple of kids? Sorry but I'd take these two in a heartbeat at this stage of the proceedings. If QPR are setting up the stage then let's sweep both players off it at the last minute. QPR or Arsenal? Things aren't quite that bad yet so we should get our men if we are serious about it. Crap, even take them on loan with a view to buy later.

I suspect it hasn't even crossed Wenger's mind. They just aren't his type of player. But they should be because they represent the steel and experience we have been missing for a long time. Oh, and they wouldn't cost much money. Can't see how we could lose. Deal could be done today and we could be sweating a bit less on Sunday's fixture.

Darth Vela
24-08-2011, 11:57 AM
We seemed confident and decisive at the back but we couldn't really get our passing game going in midfield or have that extra bit of sharpness in the final third (what? we really didn't) and that is down to a lack of confidence imo, along with a creativity shortfall in midfield; I'd love to see some siege mentality though, I really would.

Flavs
24-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Ok so we don’t qualify for the champs league tonight. We should/could still attract players from elsewhere as i said above, thinking about the top 10 leagues in Europe While removing the very cream of the crop clubs, i see it like this
Spain
England
Italy
Germany
France
Portugal
Russia
Turkey
Greece
Sweden
Add into that all of Asia, South and Central America, the MLS and all oceanic and African leagues that is somewhere in the region of 250 clubs, roughly 25000 players who would want to come to play for us, surely somewhere in there we can find a fucking centre half who can head the ball? A left back who isn’t injured more than Stephen Hawking? A central midfielder who can not only pass but also dribble and shoot and a striker who’s first touch is better than Douglas Barder.

Flavs
24-08-2011, 12:01 PM
I don't think our confidence is low, not the players' confidence anyway. They didn't seem rattled over the last couple of games. The fans of course are shot to pieces, but I'm wondering if some sort of siege mentality could set in now and be the best thing that ever happened to some of these buggers. They've had it pampered for a long time, maybe digging it out in the trenches with Stoke City is exactly what they need. To lose that arrogance and that swagger, which has been unwarranted for years. We've got to prove we are better than Stoke now, rather than just assume it.

Or maybe they'll just collapse.

Is anyone seriously saying they'd rather not have this guy running out for us, maybe alongside Parker, tonight? Compared to what we've got? Barton the Teflon wind-up merchant and Parker the tireless water carrier. Instead of a couple of kids? Sorry but I'd take these two in a heartbeat at this stage of the proceedings. If QPR are setting up the stage then let's sweep both players off it at the last minute. QPR or Arsenal? Things aren't quite that bad yet so we should get our men if we are serious about it. Crap, even take them on loan with a view to buy later.

I suspect it hasn't even crossed Wenger's mind. They just aren't his type of player. But they should be because they represent the steel and experience we have been missing for a long time. Oh, and they wouldn't cost much money. Can't see how we could lose. Deal could be done today and we could be sweating a bit less on Sunday's fixture.

If Joey Barton ever signed for opur club i would stop supporting it until he left, same goes for Mourinho as well.

I started the Joey Barton thing as a joke and everyone has gone mental like it was ever gonna happen anyway

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 12:09 PM
If Joey Barton ever signed for opur club i would stop supporting it until he left, same goes for Mourinho as well.

I started the Joey Barton thing as a joke and everyone has gone mental like it was ever gonna happen anyway

You survived the Silvestre and Squillaci signings but you'd leave if Barton signed? :unsure:

Flavs
24-08-2011, 12:12 PM
You survived the Silvestre and Squillaci signings but you'd leave if Barton signed? :unsure:

I have no problem with them as 4th choice CB's to be fair, same as for Cygan and Stepanovs before them, they cant help being a bit shit and unable to get any form together when that far down the roster. But Barton is a different beast, he has no business being near a football pitch and i am exasperated he isnt in prison tbh.

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Can we at least have some rumours in here, please, so we can at least dream. Even Twitter shite.

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 12:21 PM
C'mon here we go

TouchlineDrama World Football News
L'Équipe breaking the story that Wenger has at last decided to strengthen Arsenal with a €25m bid for Rennes' midfield enforcer Yann M'Vila.
1 hour ago

Japan Shaking All Over
24-08-2011, 12:24 PM
OK now that is more like it!

isv
24-08-2011, 12:25 PM
C'mon here we go if thats the case, would people be happy with song moving back to partner TV5 in the CB role ??

Flavs
24-08-2011, 12:27 PM
C'mon here we go

:lol:

£25mil

Grebbo
if thats the case, would people be happy with song moving back to partner TV5 in the CB role ??

I'd rather Song wasn't in the team at all.

GP
Only when Kos and Djo are out.

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Arsenal_Mex Arsenal Mexico
Arsenal hace oferta de 34 MDE por Bastian Schweinsteiger
9 hours ago

It's in a foreign language so must be true.

GP
24-08-2011, 12:28 PM

£25mil

To be fair, it's 25m Euros.

Which is only about £22m

KSE Comedy Club
24-08-2011, 12:31 PM

In english:
Arsenal make offer for Bastian Schweinsteiger 34 MDE

:pray:

edit:
WTF is MDE??? mexican dollars????

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 12:32 PM
BarclaysLeague Barclays PL News
Arsenal target Eden Hazard prepared to leave Lille this summer for 'the right opportunity': The £26 million-rate... bit.ly/nQK7qr
3 hours ago

Wonga

Japan Shaking All Over
24-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Arsenal_Mex Arsenal Mexico
Arsenal hace oferta de 34 MDE por Bastian Schweinsteiger
9 hours ago

to be fair it has probably taken a day to get over to Mexico from the same sort of rumour we were hearing yesterday.......there you go NQ all you have to do is keeping moving around the world and you can have the rumour carry on longer!........next stop the Galapagos Islands

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Wonga

I thought he was staying with Liille lol is that not what he told frech press lol

Wonga is right lol

Fist of Lehmann
24-08-2011, 12:39 PM
It's in a foreign language so must be true.We've offered 34 MDE.

What's an MDE?

Wikipedia tells me it stands for Mexican Dance Ensemble, but I doubt it's that.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 12:41 PM
We've offered 34 MDE.

What's an MDE?

Manager Delights Emirates

Fist of Lehmann
24-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Manager Delights EmiratesDo we actually have 34 of those?

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 12:48 PM
We've offered 34 MDE.

What's an MDE?

34 Million Denilson Ejaculations

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 12:49 PM
I thought he was staying with Liille lol is that not what he told frech press lol

Wonga is right lol

The article quotes an "inside source" saying he'd leave for the right opportunity.

Gotta love inside sources.

Fist of Lehmann
24-08-2011, 12:51 PM
34 Million Denilson EjaculationsAlways said the kid had a lot of spunk.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Spanish newspaper Marca report that Tottenham have agreed a fee with Real Madrid for midfielder Lassana Diarra
so by that he'ss be going to roma

:haha: Marca

Flavs
24-08-2011, 01:09 PM
The article quotes an "inside source" saying he'd leave for the right opportunity.

Gotta love inside sources.

This story reminds me of my inside sauce tbf

Özim
24-08-2011, 01:12 PM
We've made a right mess of this transfer window to be honest, we've had all summer to indentify and sign players and yet we're into the last week and haven't done the necessary, except for largely signing kids.

Nasri and Cesc have been on their way out for a while and yet we've had noone lined-up, surely we must have known about their departures everyone else did after all, reminds me of when Wenger was adamant Flamini would stay and he left (and we'd let Diarra go in the January transfer window).

Going into the last week teams aren't going to want to sell their best players, why would they...they'd have no time to replace them, it's really stupid to leave it this late and think we could get what we needed. The Cesc/Nasri saga's dragged on all summer and now we're short of players with no signings in sight, we should have tried to push through the transfers (particularly Cesc), in the end we got a low fee for him which we could have got at the start of the summer.

Our transfer dealings have been shoddy for years now, we need someone to sort this out and deal with transfers more logically and efficiently, we've really made it hard for ourselves...through a total lack of common sense IMO.

The way the whole club is run needs a revamp.

Flavs
24-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Another problem now as well, everyone knows we are loaded so will add another couple of million onto their prices

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 01:16 PM
to be fair it has probably taken a day to get over to Mexico from the same sort of rumour we were hearing yesterday.......there you go NQ all you have to do is keeping moving around the world and you can have the rumour carry on longer!........next stop the Galapagos Islands

You're a fucking top mate!

Schweinsteiger - It's ON!

For at least another 24 hours.

Özim
24-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Another problem now as well, everyone knows we are loaded so will add another couple of million onto their prices
Yup and that's the reason we should have had someone lined-up, we've done this before selling top players without having a replacement in place.

I don't get why we never seem to learn from previous mistakes.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 01:18 PM
We've offered 34 MDE.

What's an MDE?

We're hoping pure greed makes them jump at the 34 bit and we'll have him signed and out of the country by the time the dancing begins.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Do we actually have 34 of those?

Part of the Vela loan deal I believe.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-08-2011, 01:23 PM

This.
but for the sake of the team. . . .and for all of us on GW's expertise and knowledge but cant actually influence jack shit, I say spend that extra if it is the player we need

we are going to have to accept it as the penalty for phaffing arounf like a bunch of twats these last few weeks. . . . . have nobody but ourselvrs to blame

Letters
Going into the last week teams aren't going to want to sell their best players

Nonsense! We did :cool:

Oh :(

Flavs
Yup and that's the reason we should have had someone lined-up, we've done this before selling top players without having a replacement in place.

I don't get why we never seem to learn from previous mistakes.

Dont worry, we can promote from within :unsure:

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 01:25 PM

£24mill for Lesbo was over the odds for a player in the last year of his contract (apparently a record according to SSN). So we can be a bit more generous given the urgency of the situation. Then again we got fucked on Cesc.

Flavs
24-08-2011, 01:25 PM
This.
but for the sake of the team. . . .and for all of us on GW's expertise and knowledge but cant actually influence jack shit, I say spend that extra if it is the player we need

we are going to have to accept it as the penalty for phaffing arounf like a bunch of twats these last few weeks. . . . . have nobody but ourselvrs to blame

Target the teams who are broke and exploit them. I said this elsewhere, Everton and West Ham are broke so are birmingham. The whole of greek and Turkish football is staring down the barrel so why not take advantage. We are too nice thats the bloody problem

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Wenger said he's concentrating on tonight's match and after that will bring in some replacements. So nothing will happen today, apart from the Schweinsteiger transfer.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 01:30 PM
We will sign Hazard, Dann and M'Vila next week.

Quote this for the truth.

Flavs
24-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Wenger said he's concentrating on tonight's match and after that will bring in some replacements. So nothing will happen today, apart from the Schweinsteiger transfer.

I am all for us having more germans in the team to be honest. The bundesliga is high pace, passioante and has lots of fight. We dont.

Get the lad in, his name alone should be enough "Bastian Schweinstiger" the only way he could be more german is if his middle name was "von"

Flavs
24-08-2011, 01:31 PM
we will sign hazard, dann and m'vila next week.

lies!

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Would anyone want us to sign Adebayor??

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 01:32 PM
I am all for us having more germans in the team to be honest. The bundesliga is high pace, passioante and has lots of fight. We dont.

Get the lad in, his name alone should be enough "Bastian Schweinstiger" the only way he could be more german is if his middle name was "von"

Barton looks like Adolf Hitler when he has that 'tache - just saying.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 01:33 PM

Why are you still here?

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Why are you still here?

??

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 01:35 PM

Pretty much. I've always wanted to have a few Germans in the team. I think I'd do a little sex wee if we signed Schweinstiger.

GunnerFan4Life
24-08-2011, 01:35 PM
We will sign Hazard, Dann and M'Vila next week.

Flavs
24-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Pretty much. I've always wanted to have a few Germans in the team. I think I'd do a little sex wee if we signed Schweinstiger.

Podolski is available afetr handing in a transfer request at Koln as well.

Just saying...

Japan Shaking All Over

in Mexico apparantly! !

Niall_Quinn

I suppose he'll be getting the #4 shirt.

Letters
24-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Barton looks like Adolf Hitler when he has that 'tache - just saying.

Bit harsh.

I'd expect a lawsuit from the Hitler estate for defamation of character if I were you.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 01:39 PM

Just saying...

At this stage we should just pump the Football Manager DB into a computer and auto fax a bid for everyone. Surely we'd hit on a couple? The waitng period has completely fucked us. Why did it have to be so long?

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 01:40 PM

Just saying...

Worth a punt.

But you must remember we already have great players who play there. We will not spend for the sake of spending.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Worth a punt.

But you must remember we already have great players who play there. We will not spend for the sake of spending.

Yes our players are undoubtedly great but even Wenger and the board must admit there are some vacancies now? Nobody is going to be killed any more either, because they all have to play anyway.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-08-2011, 01:43 PM
At this stage we should just pump the Football Manager DB into a computer and auto fax a bid for everyone. Surely we'd hit on a couple? The waitng period has completely fucked us. Why did it have to be so long?

hahaha!
careful cos we might end up buying back Robbie Keane from America!

Flavs
24-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Worth a punt.

yes we do, i think there are 3 in the starting line up now

:upset:

I think we should just get the German national starting XI from their last game and just buy the lot of them.

Flavs
24-08-2011, 01:51 PM
here we go

Adler
Lahm -Mertesacker-Friedrich -Boateng
Ballack -Schweinsteiger - Ozil -Kroos -Marin
Gomez

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 01:51 PM

NO

Japan Shaking All Over
24-08-2011, 01:52 PM
yes we do, i think there are 3 in the starting line up now

:upset:

I think we should just get the German national starting XI from their last game and just buy the lot of them.

Remember us being interested in Ozil. . . .Boeteng from Citeh would not have been a stupid move either

the names floating around now are both worth paying out for but we cant not buy strength in yhe centre, mid and def

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2011, 01:54 PM
hahaha!
careful cos we might end up buying back Robbie Keane from America!

It has always been his dream to join a Premier League club after playing in America.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-08-2011, 01:58 PM
It has always been his dream to join a Premier League club after playing in America.

As it was mine to flip burgers at Wendys rather than MacDonalds. . .

Flavs
24-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Remember us being interested in Ozil. . . .Boeteng from Citeh would not have been a stupid move either

the names floating around now are both worth paying out for but we cant not buy strength in yhe centre, mid and def.

Marko marin would be a perfect replacement for Nasri as well. Wouldnt want ballack thanks, can we have his team mate Renato Augusto instead

Master Splinter
24-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Podolski :bow:

Tell him it's the World Cup and he'd be awesome for us.

A Marko Marin and Marvin Martin midfield would be great for alliterative purposes.

Keith
24-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Smile, you're on £170k a week.

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/791.$plit/C_71_article_1456813_image_list_image_list_item_0_ image.jpg?24%2F08%2F2011%2013%3A46%3A12%3A901

I was talking to a mate earlier, we think they pay out around £2m per week in wages if the press figures are true!

Cripps_orig
24-08-2011, 02:40 PM
So Lansbury is Nasris replacement cos we sure as hell arent buying anyone

WengerISaLizard
24-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Smile, you're on £170k a week.

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/791.$plit/C_71_article_1456813_image_list_image_list_item_0_ image.jpg?24%2F08%2F2011 13%3A46%3A12%3A901

I was talking to a mate earlier, we think they pay out around £2m per week in wages if the press figures are true!

lolwut? if it's 170k a week, how can it become £2m

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Breaking News: Manchester City have completed the signing of Samir Nasri from Arsenal. More to follow shortly on www.skysports.com. Wednesday August 24, 2011 3:28 Breaking News

Thank feck for that bye Cunt

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 02:42 PM

I think he meant as a sqaud whole

WengerISaLizard
24-08-2011, 02:44 PM
what a cunt, i didn't even want him to start for us in the league this season

£22 million for half a season wonder, is not bad for the club, hopefully he doesn't find consistency at City, that would just make this nightmare even worse

Flavs
24-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Thank feck for that bye Cunt

Thats your best ever post tbf

WengerISaLizard
24-08-2011, 02:45 PM
I think he meant as a sqaud whole

probably what the shiekh gives to his kids as a weekly allowance

Keith
24-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Goalkeepers
12. Taylor 25. Hart -90 kPantilimon 37. Nielsen 63. Johansen

Defenders
2. Richards 50k 4. Kompany 50k 5. Zabaleta 50k 6. Lescott - 50k 13. Kolarov 50k 15. Savic 22. Clichy 50k 28. Toure K 50k 36. Bridge 50k 38. Boyata 44. Rekik 56. Veseli 57. Wabara Cunningham Onuoha

450k +

Midfielders
7. Milner 60k 8. Wright-Phillips 50k 11. Johnson A 50k 18. Barry 50k 20. Weiss 21. Silva 100k 31. Assulin 34. de Jong 50k 36. Suarez 42. Toure Y 200k 53. Chantler 62. Razak 64. Roman

£560k

Strikers
6. Adebayor 125k 10. Dzeko 125k 14. Santa Cruz 50k 16. Aguero 125k 32. Tevez 250k 39. Bellamy 50k 43. Nimely 45. Balotelli 125k 60. Guidetti 66. Scapuzzi

Plus Nasri 170k

=£2,180,000

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Goalkeepers
12. Taylor 25. Hart -90 kPantilimon 37. Nielsen 63. Johansen

Defenders
2. Richards 50k 4. Kompany 50k 5. Zabaleta 50k 6. Lescott - 50k 13. Kolarov 50k 15. Savic 22. Clichy 50k 28. Toure K 50k 36. Bridge 50k 38. Boyata 44. Rekik 56. Veseli 57. Wabara Cunningham Onuoha

450k +

Midfielders
7. Milner 60k 8. Wright-Phillips 50k 11. Johnson A 50k 18. Barry 50k 20. Weiss 21. Silva 100k 31. Assulin 34. de Jong 50k 36. Suarez 42. Toure Y 200k 53. Chantler 62. Razak 64. Roman

£560k

Strikers
6. Adebayor 125k 10. Dzeko 125k 14. Santa Cruz 50k 16. Aguero 125k 32. Tevez 250k 39. Bellamy 50k 43. Nimely 45. Balotelli 125k 60. Guidetti 66. Scapuzzi

Plus Nasri 170k

=£2,180,000

These 3 all ger more wagews then that 170K a week.

Keith
24-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Now consider

Wages = £113,000,000 per year before bonus.

Stadium = 47726 = 19 home games = Say £50 per head = £45,339,700

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 02:51 PM
=£2,180,000

Those wages look far too low. You can easily ad on an extra mil and I reckon you'd still be off the actual figure.

Flavs
24-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Tevez 250k

:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Thats your best ever post tbf

Thank you Im learning Flavs im learning lol

Master Splinter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vRj1U1PRLc&feature=youtu.be

Vieira's new job is quite awesome and he probably gets paid as much as Nasri for doing nothing.

Niall_Quinn
Bellamy 50k

And they want rid of him. We pay Nick more than that don't we? And that Chamakh bloke, unbelievably we pay him too.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 02:54 PM
probably what the shiekh gives to his kids as a weekly allowance

if their naughty

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 02:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vrj1u1prlc&feature=youtu.be

vieira's new job is quite awesome and he probably gets paid as much as nasri for doing nothing.

c u n t

KESSLER
24-08-2011, 03:04 PM
c u n t s

The lot of em :(

Master Splinter
24-08-2011, 03:05 PM
c u n t

Na$bo, Vi£ira, the slimy twat Cook or just an observation on the copious numbers of female staff?

Özim
24-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Vieira's new job is quite awesome and he probably gets paid as much as Nasri for doing nothing.
When our players arrive we take them straight to the play pen, they have soft toys, spacehoppers and Tonka trucks and everything!

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Na$bo, Vi£ira, the slimy twat Cook or just an observation on the copious numbers of female staff?

Though the blonde at the end was fit.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-08-2011, 03:28 PM

who is the twat in the suit at the end giving the ole 'awright brother' fuuuuuuuuuuuk off

Japan Shaking All Over
24-08-2011, 03:30 PM

decent pair too!

if we had that walking around, reckon Pat Rice would have taken the job upstairs......instead of being in charge of adding 2 sugars to Wenger's tea

Fats
24-08-2011, 03:32 PM
I think its a very sad inditement that an Arsenal legend would rather stay with a club he was only a player for 18 months as a sub than come back to us and Wengers idiocy.

Özim
24-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Hands off, she's with me :angry:

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 03:34 PM

Tourette's, happens when I'm typing too you fucking bastard.

Özim
24-08-2011, 03:34 PM
You can see Wenger's players don't do any strength work, Nasri is built like a mouse, could use some work down the gym.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Vieira should be ashamed himself working there tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 03:56 PM
When our players arrive we take them straight to the play pen, they have soft toys, spacehoppers and Tonka trucks and everything!

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Vieira should be ashamed himself working there tbh.

im sure all those Millions he is making is making up for the shame.

Master Splinter
24-08-2011, 04:00 PM
I think its a very sad inditement that an Arsenal legend would rather stay with a club he was only a player for 18 months as a sub than come back to us and Wengers idiocy.

No, it's an indictment of the player. Just as Nasri has gone for the £200k a week. As great as he was, I don't think Vieira cares too much about Arsenal, considering he wanted to move to United/Real Madrid for most of his Arsenal career. And who says we wanted Vieira? We don't have any other recent ex-players on the coaching staff do we?

Özim
24-08-2011, 04:05 PM
We don't have any other recent ex-players on the coaching staff do we?
You're right, I believe that's because Wenger doesn't like anyone interfering...who was it who said Wenger ignored his opinions when he worked there?

Maybe if he could be a bit less stubborn and more open minded we might have a chance of moving forward.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-08-2011, 04:09 PM
You can see Wenger's players don't do any strength work, Nasri is built like a mouse, could use some work down the gym.

Frimpong obviously hasnt been taking any notice

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Arsenal can confirm that the transfer of Samir Nasri to Manchester City has been completed for an undisclosed fee.

Nasri, 24, who joined Arsenal from Olympique Marseille in July 2008, made a total of 125 appearances for the Gunners and scored 27 goals.

Last season, Nasri scored 15 goals from his 46 appearances, including ten goals in the Premier League from his 30 appearances.

Arsène Wenger said: "Although we are all disappointed Samir has decided to leave us, we must respect his decision and also thank him for his fantastic contribution to Arsenal Football Club. Samir's on-pitch commitment to Arsenal was never in question and he always gave absolutely everything to the team.

"We will miss Samir, but if a player coming into the last year of their contract is determined to leave the Club and we also receive a competitive offer for them, this clearly influences our decision-making process."

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club would like to thank Samir for his contribution during his time at the Club.

Frimpong :haha:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/nasri-completes-move-to-manchester-city

In other news mata or whatever his hame is signs a 5 year deal at Chavs lol

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Liverpool rival Arsenal in race for 'new Vieira' - reports
Arsenal - Danilo Pereira is also a surprise summer target for Liverpool

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-rival-arsenal-in-race-for-new-vieira---r?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Japan Shaking All Over
24-08-2011, 04:35 PM
http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-rival-arsenal-in-race-for-new-vieira---r?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

dont know anything bout this guy. . .excepts sounds decent and youung
so many names comibg in, dont know who to eant anymore

RomfordPele
24-08-2011, 04:47 PM
More Twitter rumours, linked to this: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/24082011/58/champions-league-fenerbahce-champions-league.html

Some saying that if UEFA award their place to the team with the highest co-efficient then we've already qualified. Others saying it would be Liverpool. It could all be complete bollocks to be honest. I certainly can't imagine UEFA doing us any favours, can you?

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Wouldn't it just go to the next best placed Turkish team not implicated? Although I guess that would require the Turkish FA to strip them of the title and that could be a while away.

It's a good question.

RomfordPele
24-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Wouldn't it just go to the next best placed Turkish team not implicated?

That would seem fairer, although runners-up Trabzonspor already out of CL and are implicated too.

I hope we make it a moot point anyway and qualify by rights. The worst possible thing would be losing tonight and still going through. We'd never hear the end of it!!

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2011, 04:56 PM
That'd be my preferred way of getting in. :lol:

UEFA have to work out what the hell they are going to do though, the draw is only tomorrow.

Keith
24-08-2011, 05:00 PM
More Twitter rumours, linked to this: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/24082011/58/champions-league-fenerbahce-champions-league.html

Some saying that if UEFA award their place to the team with the highest co-efficient then we've already qualified. Others saying it would be Liverpool. It could all be complete bollocks to be honest. I certainly can't imagine UEFA doing us any favours, can you?

:lol: at the comment

I am a 28 years lady ,beautiful and mature . Now I am seeking a good man who can give me real love , my friends told me a nice place ..SeekingAffluent.C()M... it's the most effective site in the world to* connect with, date and marry successful, beautiful people.. It's worthy a try. You do not have to be rich or famous.
At first, when I saw this article, I thought that his backyard will be stunning and beautiful. You know, kind of like those celebrities mansions. But, this article is really for those who love to play golf all the time. Now, I am disappointed. I'm not jealous or anything. I just thought that it was a landscape garden or something like that. I thought he had a garden or a pond or garden designs. You know, like sculpters. That's want I thought. Now, this is not want I'm into. They should've quoted that he has a golf course in his backyard. They misinterpret that. If they said that he has a golf course in his backyard, I wouldn't be writing about this. Next time yahoo, be more specific.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2011, 05:03 PM
If it was the case about the co-effecients and we go qualify tonight...Liverpool would be in. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Ah, just seen - it would go to the highest-ranked team that were champions of their country to have gone out in qualifying.

Boss
24-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Danilo Pereira

He is a must get.

Will be world class in about 3 months and WPOTY this year, imo.

Boss
24-08-2011, 06:17 PM
As is customary, Samir Nasri has taken to Twitter, and ignored correct spelling and punctuation too: "A big hello to all the @MCFC fans out there. I can't wait to get started at my new club! I want thanks Arsenal FC for everything this club has done for me I will always be grateful and I wish all the best to the club. And thank you Mr Wenger and all the staff you were amazing with me and I become the player I am today because of you."

Also, Barton having a medical at QPR. Means we'll have to play that cunt twice more this season. <_<

Mata confirmed on a 5 year deal.

Marca say Spurs will wrap up a 12M euro deal for Diarra later today.

Forlan moving to Inter for around 5M euros according to AS :blink:

Master Splinter
24-08-2011, 06:20 PM

Disgustingly low price.

Could be a brilliant signing if he takes off. And Eto's just gone for £6790785 billion.

Forlan :bow:.

Özim
24-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Also, Barton having a medical at QPR. Means we'll have to play that cunt twice more this season. <_<

Mata confirmed on a 5 year deal.

Marca say Spurs will wrap up a 12M euro deal for Diarra later today.

Can't be right....you must be mistaken, we're still in a waiting period.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 06:31 PM
If we qualify for the CL proper tonight, can anyone think of any other excuse that could be used to avoid signing players? We've been through the waiting period (I'm beginning to suspect Wenger made that up but that's because I'm a conspiracy theorist), Cesc deal, check! Nasri deal, check! Down to the final days having wasted the whole summer, check! Players waiting to see if we qualify for the CL before signing (sorting that tonight). So what else could stop us at least bidding for a player this week? What trick will they use?

Boss
24-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Wenger in a week: "You must understand that it is difficult for clubs to let their best players leave the team when the season is so close to starting. I am confident in my squad and we believe we have the strength to go for the title."

Some garbage like that.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Argentine striker Mauro Zarate has fuelled speculation about his future by admitting it is currently 'impossible' for him to stay at Lazio.

The former Birmingham forward has been linked with a return to the Premier League over the summer, with Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea all rumoured to be interested in the 24-year-old.

The Rome club are not actively looking to sell the frontman but have previously revealed they would consider any offer that comes in.

Zarate, who is rumoured to have fallen out with coach Edy Reja, insists he does not want to leave the Biancocelesti but admits conditions at the club currently mean he may have to move on.

"It's not true I want to leave Lazio," said Zarate in the Italian media.

"But in these conditions it is practically impossible for me to remain.

"With my team-mates everything is okay. It's the president who must decide. We must see."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7122075,00.html

Get to buying AW

RomfordPele
24-08-2011, 09:10 PM
If we qualify for the CL proper tonight, can anyone think of any other excuse that could be used to avoid signing players? We've been through the waiting period (I'm beginning to suspect Wenger made that up but that's because I'm a conspiracy theorist), Cesc deal, check! Nasri deal, check! Down to the final days having wasted the whole summer, check! Players waiting to see if we qualify for the CL before signing (sorting that tonight). So what else could stop us at least bidding for a player this week? What trick will they use?

Hmm, Wenger said something along the lines of "we're trying very hard but we've got eight quality players out at the moment, people forget that ..."

Project Yoof is back on track I fear ...

Olivier's xmas twist
24-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Hmm, Wenger said something along the lines of "we're trying very hard but we've got eight quality players out at the moment, people forget that ..."

Project Yoof is back on track I fear ...

Well he's not gong to say i want Hazard now is he.

RomfordPele
24-08-2011, 09:15 PM

Let's see what happens. I'm in the mood to give Wenger the benefit of the doubt tonight.

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 09:15 PM
C'mon.

Now is the time.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!

Let's go....

Keith
24-08-2011, 09:17 PM

"EDEN! I'm talking to you! Tell your boss, I'm coming and I'm bringing you to Arsenal"

Arsene's music plays as he throws down the mike.

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Expect the rumour mill to go into overdrive now then.

I'm predicting another Arshavin, Cole-Gallas/Baptista mental deadline day.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-08-2011, 09:42 PM
We can sign some Udinese players now.

:good:

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Di Natale and Armero pls.

Maybe Badu as well.

Edinburgh Gooner
24-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Arsène Wenger decided to let Samir Nasri leave for “psychological and financial reasons”.

Arsenal agreed terms with Manchester City for the purchase of the midfielder on Tuesday, just before the Emirates Stadium side departed to Udinese and a crucial Champions League Play-off second leg tie.

Nasri trained with the side that morning and, as against Liverpool at the weekend, would have lined up against the Italian outfit if selected. He did not know that Wenger made up his mind on the move just before the session. Later, the manager said he was reluctant to let the 24-year-old go but admitted he had to be “a realist” given the French international would have been able to leave on free transfer at the end of next season and able to sign a pre-contract in January.

“Samir trained on Tuesday morning,” said Wenger. “But I knew before training. He didn’t know, the decision was made this morning just before training. He came in to practice.

“I don’t question Samir Nasri's commitment or professionalism. If I told him ‘you come with us and play’, he would have played like he did on Saturday but you wonder what kind of a commitment you can have.

“Football rules are made like that, that the player can be worth a lot of money today and nothing in six months so it doesn’t look completely logical but, at the end of the day, of course, we are forced into a decision like that for psychological and financial reasons.

Wenger - The reasons why Nasri left Arsenal

“I am a realist so I have no illusions. It's part of the modern life of a professional football player. It's not that by coincidence that everybody suddenly lands at Man City.

“We did not want to lose Fabregas, but we were forced into a situation we didn’t want. Nasri is a situation where the player didn’t want to extend his contract with the proposals he had somewhere else. What kind of commitment can you have when the player is not there long-term? That is the question you have to answer.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-the-reasons-why-nasri-left-arsenal

RomfordPele
24-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Wenger - The reasons why Nasri left Arsenal

“I am a realist so I have no illusions. It's part of the modern life of a professional football player. It's not that by coincidence that everybody suddenly lands at Man City.

“We did not want to lose Fabregas, but we were forced into a situation we didn’t want. Nasri is a situation where the player didn’t want to extend his contract with the proposals he had somewhere else. What kind of commitment can you have when the player is not there long-term? That is the question you have to answer.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-the-reasons-why-nasri-left-arsenal

So basically Wenger thinks Nasri is a greedy little fucker too.

Keith
24-08-2011, 09:56 PM
"Nasri is a situation where the player didn’t want to extend his contract with the proposals he had somewhere else."

So, we either let him speak to him, he was tapped up or Paddy, Kolo and that shit left back told him how much he'd earn...

I was in France when we signed Nasri, he really was billed as the next big thing. National radio was talking about him coming to Arsenal. He did well last year 10 in 30, but I'm not fussed about him going. He'll be replaced, the scouts will find another.

Edinburgh Gooner
24-08-2011, 09:59 PM

Seems that way. Mibbie Wenger's degree in economics is finally paying dividends. The realisation that Nasri would never sign an extension after having his head turned has made him just say FUCK OFF YOU GREEDY BASTARD! I can buy a more commited player or 3 and start winning things.

fakeyank
24-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Seems that way. Mibbie Wenger's degree in economics is finally paying dividends. The realisation that Nasri would never sign an extension after having his head turned has made him just say FUCK OFF YOU GREEDY BASTARD! I can buy a more commited player or 3 and start winning things.

:haha:

GP
24-08-2011, 10:16 PM

His head was turned like FakeYank in a tranny bar.

AKBapologist
24-08-2011, 10:25 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2029795/Arsenal-fail-Kaka-loan-Real-Madrid-insist-permanent-deal-Brazilian.html?

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 10:26 PM
RVP saying on ITV "We've got lots of cash from Nasri and Cesc sales - let's see who we buy"

If we assume that we haven't bought because of Champs Lge attracting players.

We therefore also assume that players such as Cahill, Jagielka, Samba, Parker are not of interest to us.

We would have bought them already. They're not Champs Lge demanding players.

GP
24-08-2011, 10:26 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2029795/Arsenal-fail-Kaka-loan-Real-Madrid-insist-permanent-deal-Brazilian.html?

Yes please.

AKBapologist
24-08-2011, 10:27 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/24/arsene-wenger-yann-mvila-arsenal?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+ %28Football%29

AKBapologist
24-08-2011, 10:28 PM
RVP saying on ITV "We've got lots of cash from Nasri and Cesc sales - let's see who we buy"

If we assume that we haven't bought because of Champs Lge attracting players.

We therefore also assume that players such as Cahill, Jagielka, Samba, Parker are not of interest to us.

We would have bought them already. They're not Champs Lge demanding players.
We can put them on lower wages now

Grebbo
24-08-2011, 10:30 PM

I don't want him.

Not sure why because he's better than what we've got.

Just injuries and slowness would put me off. Plus signing him might kill Diaby.

Boss
24-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Doubt we'll buy anyone from the PL.

Not sure about Kaka, if we were looking for decling playmakers would have rather us gone in for Diego as reckon he'd suit the league better.

Never seen M'Vila play but good to see we're in for someone to challenge Song as he desperately needs it.

Lastly, Forlan is available for 5-10M euros, if only we'd get interested cos he's a beast and that's a phenomenal price.

Keith
24-08-2011, 10:39 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/24/article-0-0D8F2DFB00000578-976_468x374.jpg

"Shoot from outside the box again and you'll feel it boy"

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Kaka would stir things up for sure. Can't see that one happening though.

GP
24-08-2011, 10:41 PM
It's funny cos his name sounds like poo

WengerISaLizard
24-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Nasri, 24, said: "Arsenal have good fans but not that passionate since they moved from Highbury.

"City fans are really passionate. When we played against City, the crowd was amazing. That's what I want."

supercunt nasri at it again

Marc Overmars
24-08-2011, 10:53 PM
What a cunt.

We gave him his own song.

GP
24-08-2011, 10:54 PM
What a cunt.

We gave him his own song.

'Samir you're a cunt!'

Keith
24-08-2011, 11:06 PM
This is the game he is talking about

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7727203.stm

Look at that Arsenal team, 3-0, is that the best they could do?

KSE Comedy Club
24-08-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't want him.

Not sure why because he's better than what we've got.

Just injuries and slowness would put me off. Plus signing him might kill Diaby.

I agree, not in the least bit interested in Kaka.

Maybe 2-3 years ago he would be a quality signing, but I think we need to look a little bit younger than that.

GP
24-08-2011, 11:15 PM
This is the game he is talking about

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7727203.stm

Look at that Arsenal team, 3-0, is that the best they could do?

Hoyte :lol:

KSE Comedy Club
24-08-2011, 11:15 PM
So anyone want to wager that we will sign Hazard and M'vila this week?

That would be fucking awsome tbh.

Niall_Quinn
24-08-2011, 11:43 PM
'Samir you're a cunt!'

Christmas #1? Everyone pile onto Facebook now - make it happen!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-08-2011, 11:44 PM
how would he know? he moved in 2008.

Cripps_orig
25-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Linked with Santon and Albiol.Should get both asap

AKBapologist
25-08-2011, 01:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Y66kGoFf8

Despite his undoubted physical abilities, it is M’Vila’s passing that will likely have also impressed Wenger. In March last year he set a new record for France, notching a 92.5 pass completion rate against Luxembourg and he also claimed the Ligue 1 record in 2010/2011 against Valenciennes.

AKBapologist
25-08-2011, 02:18 AM
Gervinho on Canal+: 'We've already forgotten about the players that have left. The coach will find a solution to replace them.'

Gervinho :bow:

hobson's choice
25-08-2011, 03:57 AM
I agree, not in the least bit interested in Kaka.

Maybe 2-3 years ago he would be a quality signing, but I think we need to look a little bit younger than that.

Man City: Hart, Zabaleta, Richards, Dunne, Garrido, Wright-Phillips, Ireland, Kompany, Vassell (Elano 73), Robinho (Hamann 82), Mwaruwari (Sturridge 88).
Subs Not Used: Schmeichel, Onuoha, Evans, Ben-Haim.

Goals: Ireland 45, Robinho 56, Sturridge 90 pen.

Arsenal: Almunia, Hoyte (Ramsey 60), Djourou, Silvestre, Clichy, Nasri, Denilson, Song Billong, Diaby (Vela 69), Van Persie, Bendtner.
Subs Not Used: Fabianski, Wilshere, Gibbs, Lansbury, Simpson.

Looking at both lineups now, Jesus there was shiit on that pitch

Japan Shaking All Over
25-08-2011, 05:42 AM

:good: sentiments very much shared......he could well be the guy in the middle that holds things together (Song would be a good back up)......Wilshere and one more Ramsey(?)/Arshavin(?) can dance around -

Wenger would do well to pitch things to recruits that he is out to prove a point that we are being written off by many including, certain departure(s) and that his goal is to make this club strong again and he believes that players like M'Vila and Hazard, Cahill/Jags are just what we need.

I have a feeling that if we do get these guys in.....+Gervinho, Jenkinson (who is fucking showing that he ain't that out of his depth) and a few others already here (I would keep Lansbury) - Miyachi has had first team football in a European league we will have a faster/more balanced team - would like to see less of the walking the ball into the net.......we definitely dont play for second ball enough

if we have money left, look for a specialist LB or stick with what we have and buy Honda.......too much maybe but feeling a bit light headed today - the hard work starts from here in. who be be a.....Gooner

Japan Shaking All Over
25-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Nasri, 24, said: "Arsenal have good fans but not that passionate since they moved from Highbury.

"City fans are really passionate. When we played against City, the crowd was amazing. That's what I want."

supercunt nasri at it again

fuck off you twat.........see how much passion you feel from the bench, you arse wipe!

Japan Shaking All Over
25-08-2011, 05:46 AM
Gervinho on Canal+: 'We've already forgotten about the players that have left. The coach will find a solution to replace them.'

Gervinho :bow:

:bow:

cant wait to see this guy score his first real goal.......
hope he scores against Citeh and goes over to their bench and sticks his arse in Nasbo's face.......(not sure why I hope this but it sounds like a good idea!)

Japan Shaking All Over
25-08-2011, 05:51 AM
Kaka would stir things up for sure. Can't see that one happening though.

on loan maybe......and Real picking up wages but permanent no thanks cos we just cant be sure what kind of player he is anymore (which of course is the case for all players but with others they have been playing, Kaka has not)......this just smacks of Real trying to get rid of dead wood and for what his wages would cost+plus 17.5mil not worth it cos in this case I would say younger talent is better

it would be interesting tho - thinking about it!

Master Splinter
25-08-2011, 06:20 AM
:bow:

cant wait to see this guy score his first real goal.......
hope he scores against Citeh and goes over to their bench and sticks his arse in Nasbo's face.......(not sure why I hope this but it sounds like a good idea!)

He is an arsewipe, after all.

Master Splinter
25-08-2011, 06:25 AM
M'Vila looks like an excellent player, but it just doesn't seem to make sense as Frimpong has just been promoted. Unless tonight's game is a sign of what's to come: two more defensively inclined midfielders giving the rest of the team license to roam and rampage. Like Brazil with Melo and Gilberto.

Sounds quite good tbh.

Wenger would probably mould and nurture M'Vila's attacking game too.

KSE Comedy Club
25-08-2011, 06:50 AM
It does seem a little odd. Frimpong is looking very good imo and it would be a shame to impede his development.

I dont see where song/pong will fit in with M'vila tbh?

Master Splinter
25-08-2011, 07:29 AM
It does seem a little odd. Frimpong is looking very good imo and it would be a shame to impede his development.

Hi, Arsene :wave:.

But yeah, that's exactly my point. A big, black, no-nonsense midfield would certainly be intimidating though.

But then they'd see Theo and laugh.

Flavs
25-08-2011, 07:48 AM

I dont see where song/pong will fit in with M'vila tbh?

Simples, they wont. Frimpong will be dropped, we will have many options in midfield then

Wilshere, Ramsey, M'Vila

Diaby, Rosicky, Song

And frimpong to cover injuries and suspensions. I still think if Lansbury goes we will get another as well.

Keith
25-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Isn't Diaby dead?

Flavs
25-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Isn't Diaby dead?

Nope, he is just sleeping :ninja:

Daniele
25-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Linked with Santon and Albiol.Should get both asap

as an Inter fan I know the club is desperate to offload him as he has become a headfuck quite like his friend Balotelli and shows no passion and commitment when he plays. But maybe AW will mend him...

Flavs
25-08-2011, 08:03 AM
as an Inter fan I know the club is desperate to offload him as he has become a headfuck quite like his friend Balotelli and shows no passion and commitment when he plays. But maybe AW will mend him...

Is Macdonald Mariga still there mate? Would have him here

Daniele
25-08-2011, 08:39 AM
he was loaned out to Real Sociedad. Player with tremenduous potential, a bit lazy. A fit and in form Diaby is better IMO. He never is though. what I said in another post is that AW should revert to the old days when he bought unwanted players ffrom big teams and made theam champions: Henry, Vieira. There are some around, like Amauri a tough good in the air CF who always does well away from Juve and would fit perfectly in the PL. what is more he is on the cheap as Juve want to loan him as well! Far better than Shitmack

milla
25-08-2011, 08:49 AM

Despite his undoubted physical abilities, it is M’Vila’s passing that will likely have also impressed Wenger. In March last year he set a new record for France, notching a 92.5 pass completion rate against Luxembourg and he also claimed the Ligue 1 record in 2010/2011 against Valenciennes.

Denilson got 999999999999.5421% pass completion but still shite. :coffee:

Flavs
25-08-2011, 08:54 AM
he was loaned out to Real Sociedad. Player with tremenduous potential, a bit lazy. A fit and in form Diaby is better IMO. He never is though. what I said in another post is that AW should revert to the old days when he bought unwanted players ffrom big teams and made theam champions: Henry, Vieira. There are some arotnd, like Amauri a tough good in the air CF who always does well away from Juve `nd would fit perfectly in the PL. what is more he is on the cheap as Juve want to loan him as well! Far better than Shitmack

Thats how i play footie manager! Look around all the reserve teams of the big clubs and pick up the unwanted players. Park Ji Sung and Tomas Rosicky :bow:

Grebbo
MattLawExpress Matt Law
Dunno why but transfer news cut out my arsenal stuff. New 21mill bid for m'vila is in and bolton reject new cahill offer. Will sell 4 17m
1 hour ag/

C'mon let's be having ya

Joker
According to arseblog, the centre back deal we were apparently interested in has now collapsed. We're nOw unlikely to get another defender in.

Keith
25-08-2011, 08:56 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,16414_7123354,00.html

I wonder if we were one of the 3 clubs... His career looks like our usual players path to Arsenal and onto Man City.

piece frmm 2010 http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/70404/default.aspx

I_Killed_Kenny
25-08-2011, 08:59 AM
no offence to anyone but i dont think we should be going for another afric`n striker. come the ACN gerv and chamack (if still here) will be off, should we really buy another that`would be gone for 2 months as well! that would leave only rvp and his fibreglass legs!

Boss
25-08-2011, 09:02 AM
no offence to anyone but i dgnt think we should be going for another african striker. come the ACN gerv and chamack (if still here) will be off, should we really buy another that would be gone for 2 months as well! that would leave only rvp and his fibreglass legs!

We've got Campbell too tbf but agreed, wouldn't want us to sign another African striker.

Looks like the interest in M'Vila is somewhat real as it's been mentioned by The Guardian and Express but strange it hasn't been picked up by the rest of the media, surely a 20M bid from us for anyone would be big news.

M'Vila, Cahill and another attacking player would make this a decent summer on the whole.

Flavs
25-08-2011, 09:05 AM
C'mon let's be having ya

Bollocks, who the fuck would pay big money for a player in the last year of his contract

oh

Flavs
25-08-2011, 09:07 AM
no offence to anyone but i dont think we should be going for another african striker. come the ACN gerv and chamack (if still here) will be off, should we really buy another that would be gone for 2 months as well! that would leave only rvp and his fibreglass legs!

You fuckin racist!!!

But seriously i think Wenger plans to use Afobe if we can get rid of Bentdner, also we(were ropating the apex striker last night so perhaps thats the new plan.

milla
25-08-2011, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE=Boss;34473]We've got Campbell too tbf but agreed, wouldn't want us to sign another Abrican striker.

Looks like the interest in M'V

Flavs
25-08-2011, 09:08 AM
M'Vila, Cahill and another attacking player would make this a decent summer on the whole.

You think? We lose Fabregas, Nasri, clichy, eboue ant eventually benltner and bring in the tefal man, 2 kids and then maybe overpay by £10mil for anotehr square ball speciclist, a shitkicker and a nobody?

Bad Times

Flavs
25-08-2011, 09:09 AM
One CM and ole CB are most likely, the old man bought 3 attacking players this summer (albeit cheap ones) it is very unlikely he will buy another ona. :coffee:

So far i would say Gervinho looks a bargain at £91mil

milla
25-08-2011, 09:19 AM
[QUMTE=Punchinello Beezo;34478]So far i would say Gervinho looks a bargain at £11mil[/QUOTE]

Ok that's four including Miyaichi as well. Gervinho has been superb and we will miss him during ACN. Look forward to see how Miyaichi, AOC and Campbell fare against PL defenders. :coffee:

AKBapologist
25-08-2011, 09:29 AM
French

4-3-3
25-08-2011, 09:29 AM
french african congo i think. but play for france