PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

GunnerFan4Life
26-08-2011, 07:48 PM
That's bullshit man.

Some douche tweeted that

Edinburgh Gooner
26-08-2011, 07:51 PM
I guess it will be worth the risk of deflation then to be smug with him! Also, going back to supporting? How many teams does he actually support; is he Robbie Keane?

He wanted his team to get beat midweek by a lower league side in the league cup so the manager would walk. Funnily you should mention Keane as he said that Robbie always wanted to play stateside lol. Un prompted too. Prepared for th edeflation of signing no one, and fully prepared to back the team 100%.

Edinburgh Gooner
26-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Some douche tweeted that

I just checked Arse.com and they have wenger on the homepage stating he will do everything he can to strengthen the squad.

In other words a few teens will be promoted to bench warmer status.

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2011, 08:03 PM
http://twitpic.com/6blrh0

fuck you, thought that was real at first so was straight on the website. dont do this to us fellow fans lol

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 08:51 PM
I just checked Arse.com and they have wenger on the homepage stating he will do everything he can to strengthen the squad.

In other words a few teens will be promoted to bench warmer status.

:lol:

That could make for some great articles on the website:

Why I'm the answer to Arsenals creativity problems-Aneke

Ansah determined to prove himself after promotion to first team

It could be an epic PR battle if we fail to sign anyone.

Master Splinter
26-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Eastmond Signs Long Term Deal

Squillaci To Lead By Example

Bunjaku: Don't Forget I Can Play There Too

Robbie Keane Seals Dream Move To FC Thun; Keane - "It was always a dream to move from one pub team to another."

milla
26-08-2011, 09:30 PM

That could make for some great articles on the website:

Why I'm the answer to Arsenals creativity problems-Aneke

Ansah determined to prove himself after promotion to first team

It could be an epic PR battle if we fail to sign anyone.

Aneke is damn good, prospect wise he is better than Wilshere IMO. :coffee:

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2011, 09:34 PM
wasnt quite sure where to put this, but according the guardian and twitter sol campbell has been offered a coaching role with the reserves. would be a good coach i think and would make sure they know what it means to wear the shirt

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Nobody is a better prospect than Wilshere from what I've seen, maybe Aneke can be the giant with the gentle touch that I was hoping JET would be but Wilshere is Wilshere.

Incidentally, are you never worried you're gonna die from caffeine poisoning with all that coffee?

Aaron Wilshere
26-08-2011, 09:41 PM
We're being linked with Papiss Cisse of Freiburg - has a good scoring record and would be a decent signing IMO.

However, being Senegalese he wouldn't solve our lack of strikers during the ACON.

Edinburgh Gooner
26-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Dunno where to say this...... but Cesc scored a fucking peach of a goal in the super cup. He came on for Pedro and looked as fit as ever. This whole saga could have been done and dusted weeks ago rather than the bull shit excuses that he was unfit yada yada yada.

Cripps_orig
26-08-2011, 10:49 PM
The Super Cup thread would be a good idea tbh

GP
26-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Dunno where to say this...... but Cesc scored a fucking peach of a goal in the super cup. He came on for Pedro and looked as fit as ever. This whole saga could have been done and dusted weeks ago rather than the bull shit excuses that he was unfit yada yada yada.

:shrug:

gunnerrrrr
26-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Arsene knows :p:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-i-d-like-to-buy-three-more-players?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+%28News+Feed%29

Arsène Wenger is three players short of having the squad he wants for the long season ahead.

The Arsenal manager has signed four this summer - including Gervinho and Carl Jenkinson - but he has stepped up his search for further reinforcements since Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri left.

The situation is further complicated by the Africa Cup of Nations. Wenger is likely to lose Moroccan striker Marouane Chamakh as well as Gervinho to that tournament in January and has added a striker to his shopping list as a result.

"It is important [to strengthen] because we will lose players in January with players going to the African Nations Cup," said Wenger.

"We lose Gervinho and Chamakh together so, first of all, it is important to strengthen up front. It is important that we find one midfielder and one defender as well. So we are still short of three bodies.

"My time has been taken up [by players going out] and it was a very difficult summer on that front because we had to face adversity, negativity, but it had to be done. Overall, we tried to do as well as we could."

Cripps_orig
26-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Hes said that all summer and we've bought f all

Edinburgh Gooner
26-08-2011, 10:55 PM
The Super Cup thread would be a good idea tbh

didnt know there was one tbh!!!! it aint something i'd pay attention to but i accidentally came across the last 5 minutes of the itv programme. maybe we could discuss how good the goal was rather than some arsey 2 pence comment?

Cripps_orig
26-08-2011, 10:57 PM
didnt know there was one tbh!!!! it aint something i'd pay attention to but i accidentally came across the last 5 minutes of the itv programme. maybe we could discuss how good the goal was rather than some arsey 2 pence comment?

I havent seen it nor do i have any intention of doing so.

Fuck Cesc and Fuck Barca

GunnerFan4Life
26-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Gervinho claims Nasri persuaded him to join by promising he will be here for him - but then changed his mind. At Lille Eden was my compratiot but i have not spoken to Wenger about him but i hope we can complete a deal for him.Quoted from twitter

Edinburgh Gooner
26-08-2011, 11:11 PM
I havent seen it nor do i have any intention of doing so.

Fuck Cesc and Fuck Barca

I just find it strange that all through pre season we are told that fannygas is injured and we fuck around with barca for months thus hampering our efforts in the window. Yet once he's signed he's fully fit and playing very well.

And his goal was very very good. I suggest you watch it. He has slotted in there very well and I can see him being a regular starter. Come back at the end of the season and tell me I was wrong.

Cripps_orig
26-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Doubt he was injured during pre season at all and was just refusing to play for us. Anyway moving on
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has told Bolton they can keep Gary Cahill, if chairman Phil Gartside and manager Owen Coyle maintain their stance that his initial offer for the player - rumoured to be £6m - is "derisory".Full story: MetroArsenal's negotiators are working overtime in a bid to sign Parma starlet Danilo Pereira before transfer-deadline day.Full story: MetroLooks like Cahill isn't coming then and we can do without anymore "starlets" Cissokho from Lyon is available apparently as well. He's a better left back than anyone we have. Why aren't we going for him?

KSE Comedy Club
27-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Doubt he was injured during pre season at all and was just refusing to play for us. Anyway moving onLooks like Cahill isn't coming then and we can do without anymore "starlets" Cissokho from Lyon is available apparently as well. He's a better left back than anyone we have. Why aren't we going for him?

Thats bollox.

They have just twisted his words and fabricated a short story.

What he said was that Bolton are in the position that if they dont want to sell the player, then they can keep him, so he doesnt see why they are offended by our offer because they can still keep the player.

KSE Comedy Club
27-08-2011, 04:02 AM
http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

27 Aug 2011 00:05:01
Arsenal to sign Hazard by monday for a fee of 30m Euros. Wenger also looking to strengthen the defense and will make second bid of 13mil next week for Cahill. A new Striker is still on Wengers list and we should hopefully get a clearer picture of who he wants once he has tied up these signings.

:whistle:

Master Splinter
27-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Cahill
M'Vila
Hazard
New Striker

Wenger :bow:.

Or:

Miquel: I Am Ready To Step Up

Eastmond and Randall Sign New Ten-Year Deals

Ugly Theo Shows His Beautiful Skills: Free Video On Arsenal Player

Freeman: I Can Be The New Jeffers

Arsenal.com :bow:.

Grebbo
27-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Eastmond and Randall Sign New Ten-Year Deals

I think we sold Randall, and got £1million for him!!

Wenger

:bow:

Boss
27-08-2011, 08:02 AM
I just find it strange that all through pre season we are told that fannygas is injured and we fuck around with barca for months thus hampering our efforts in the window. Yet once he's signed he's fully fit and playing very well.

And his goal was very very good. I suggest you watch it. He has slotted in there very well and I can see him being a regular starter. Come back at the end of the season and tell me I was wrong.

Us delaying had nothing to do with him being 'injured', it's just the way we operate.

Note that the Nasri transfer took a similar amount of time (longer, actually).

4-3-3
27-08-2011, 08:03 AM
http://football-talk.co.uk/36409/reports-eden-hazard-agrees-arsenal-move/

Boss
27-08-2011, 08:05 AM
There's no basis in the Hazard rumours, just Twitter talk gone mental due to one unheard of French website.

Don't get excited until there's some concrete stuff.

4-3-3
27-08-2011, 08:11 AM
There's no basis in the Hazard rumours, just Twitter talk gone mental due to one unheard of French website.

http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/lille/

Japan Shaking All Over
27-08-2011, 08:14 AM
http://football-talk.co.uk/36409/reports-eden-hazard-agrees-arsenal-move/

Shit whos the girl at the end. . . .is she coming too?

4-3-3
27-08-2011, 08:15 AM
havent we signed any one???:ilt:

Boss
27-08-2011, 08:16 AM
http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/lille/

Only they've reported it and no one else. Hasn't been carried by any of the more reputable French agencies.

No one's ever heard of them before, wouldn't get my hopes up.

4-3-3
27-08-2011, 08:16 AM
probably she can do better than nas##

Letters
27-08-2011, 08:17 AM

Shh!

Getting excited about non-concrete stuff is keeping this place going :sulk:

Boss
27-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Shh!

Getting excited about non-concrete stuff is keeping this place going :sulk:

A friend of a friend who works as a cook at Real Madrid told me we're making a 50M bid for Alonso, Benzema and Ronaldo.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Linked with a "triple swoop" for Jagielka, Fellaini and Arteta today.

Uhuh.

4-3-3
27-08-2011, 08:34 AM
any one thinks LONG will take pl in storm this season?
he is really good, and strong for a small guy, wondering how our so colled scouts didnt see him before . i dont think brom will be able to keep him next yr.

milla
27-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Nobody is a better prospect than Wilshere from what I've seen, maybe Aneke can be the giant with the gentle touch that I was hoping JET would be but Wilshere is Wilshere.

Incidentally, are you never worried you're gonna die from caffeine poisoning with all that coffee?

WTF are you talking about man? I am no addict!!

http://www.energyfiend.com/wp-content/uploads/caffeine-addiction-mental-disorder.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Shit whos the girl at the end. . . .is she coming too?

She can come with me any time

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 08:57 AM
any one thinks LONG will take pl in storm this season?
he is really good, and strong for a small guy, wondering how our so colled scouts didnt see him before . i dont think brom will be able to keep him next yr.

Nah he is doing ok because he is under pressure atm, but has not done anything specia yet. Id prefer we got Sturridge tbh, he's only cost £15 mill tbh.

4-3-3
27-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Nah he is doing ok because he is under pressure atm, but has not done anything specia yet. Id prefer we got Sturridge tbh, he's only cost £15 mill tbh.

chelsea are no Arsenal. i doubt they will sell himto us. they try to ship drogba or anelka,to make room for him, i dont know. but no one really try to sign them,maybe coz of their high wage.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2011, 09:35 AM

After the game Guardiola said he hadn't been fully fit. :good:

Japan Shaking All Over
27-08-2011, 10:24 AM
chelsea are no Arsenal. i doubt they will sell himto us. they try to ship drogba or anelka,to make room for him, i dont know. but no one really try to sign them,maybe coz of their high wage.

Sturridge would be a welcome addition if Chelsea decided to sell. . .fuck Kalou
but I still feel we need someone that has a bit of aerial ability (does he?) I mean we keep getting side players and after all the failed tries, we now have Jenko who can cross, it seems a waste to go small again.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Only they've reported it and no one else. Hasn't been carried by any of the more reputable French agencies.

No one's ever heard of them before, wouldn't get my hopes up.

It's all true, damn you!

Boss
27-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Former Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves has revealed he offered to play for the club for free as he tried to salvage his Old Trafford career.

Hargreaves endured an injury-ravaged final few seasons at the club, failing to play a full game during the final two years of his contract as he struggled with persistent injury troubles.

With his deal at the club having expired in the summer, Sir Alex Ferguson understandably decided to release the player he signed from Bayern Munich for £17 million in 2007. Hargreaves, however, has revealed how desperate he was to stay at the club and try to prove his fitness.

"At one stage I did offer to play for nothing this season, just to stay on,'' Hargreaves told the Daily Mail, "but they said, 'You don't want to do that' and they were probably right'.

"I don't blame them for letting me go. I can understand it. There comes a point when you have to say, 'This hasn't worked out. The game has moved on. See you later, all the best'."

Having spent the summer working hard to regain full fitness, Hargreaves is yet to find a new club, but he has attracted interest from Premier League side West Brom. Wherever he eventually signs, the 30-year-old is confident his body will hold up to the rigours of top-flight football and even believes he can force his way back into Fabio Capello's plans for next summer's European Championships.

"I'm going to blow people away,'' he said. "I'm coming back believing I can return to the level I was at before. My body feels great and my knees are perfect.

"I've just got this huge chip on my shoulder because I've been out for three years and people think I'm dead and buried, but right now I'd like to think I can play 40 games this season and, with the right care, I believe I can train every day. I hope to be back in the England side for the European Championships next summer. You have to have ambition.''

Hargreaves attracted attention earlier in the summer for a series of videos that were posted on YouTube on his behalf as he demonstrated his fitness in a series of drills. The midfielder had the videos made to attract the interest of clubs as he does not employ an agent, and says he was unfazed by the jokes they created when the media discovered them.

"It ended up on YouTube because the files were too big to email to specific people, specific clubs,'' he said, "so I put them on YouTube so they could see it. I know it became a bit of a story when people found it in the public domain but I don't really care. No big deal.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/949426/owen-hargreaves-offered-to-stay-at-manchester-united-for-free?cc=4716

Sign him up, Arsene.

Boss
27-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Former Sweden international Freddie Ljungberg is to sign for Japanese club S-Pulse on a free transfer.

Having spent time in the MLS with Seattle Sounders and Chicago Fire, the 34-year-old returned to Britain in December when he signed with SPL side Celtic, but he made just seven appearances before leaving the club.

Should he receive a work permit, he will now complete a move to Japan and Ljungberg is looking forward to the challenge ahead.

"I am so excited about playing in Japan," he said. "I was inspired by the way the Japanese people dealt with the tragedy of March 11 earthquake and I really want to show support for them by playing football in Japan and for S-Pulse in particular."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/949420/freddie-ljungberg-to-join-japanese-club-s-pulse?cc=4716

Ljungberg :bow: :bow: :bow:

StamfordBrdige
27-08-2011, 11:07 AM

Don't believe the bullshit. Drogba was never going anywhere, apparently he's been close to leaving Chelsea for the last 4/5 years yet he is still here.

If Sturridge doesn't get a decent amount of football at the bridge this season then i can see him leaving which would be a serious fuckup. Granted he still has lots to learn but we need to keep him and other youngsters and more importantly give them meaningful game time on the pitch.

4-3-3
27-08-2011, 11:50 AM
http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/08/27/Coyle-tips-Cahill-to-shine-at-Arsenal/gnid-106551/

me gettting confused with bolton ppl..they are kidding around. :blah:

KESSLER
27-08-2011, 11:54 AM
bbcsport_david David Ornstein
Lille tell me that Park Chu Young (meant to be signing for them from Monaco) is on his way to Arsenal. Story to follow on BBC site #afc

:unsure:

Syn
27-08-2011, 11:57 AM
http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/08/27/Coyle-tips-Cahill-to-shine-at-Arsenal/gnid-106551/

me gettting confused with bolton ppl..they are kidding around. :blah:

Don't get the fuss with Cahill. He's hardly in a class of his own; there are plenty of defenders like him around. If Bolton are asking too much, get more established players like jagielka even if you have to pay more. We shouldn't be taking shit from Bolton - he's not that good.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2011, 11:57 AM
It's Hazard in disguise.

:unsure:

Joker
27-08-2011, 12:00 PM
I think Cahill would fit in really well at Arsenal. Jagielka's quite good, but he is 29 while Cahill's approaching his peak as a defender, and IMO is a better all round defender. Either way, we need at least one new defender, and although I'd prefer Cahill, if that deal dies we must quickly turn our attention to someone else, most likely Jagielka or Dann.

cheesy bites
27-08-2011, 12:02 PM
1300: BREAKING NEWS
South Korean striker and captain Park Chu-Young, currently at Monaco, is on his way to London to undergo a medical at Arsenal, BBC Sport understands.

Liking this news.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Me too.

Who?

4-3-3
27-08-2011, 12:12 PM
I think Cahill would fit in really well at Arsenal. Jagielka's quite good, but he is 29 while Cahill's approaching his peak as a defender, and IMO is a better all round defender. Either way, we need at least one new defender, and although I'd prefer Cahill, if that deal dies we must quickly turn our attention to someone else, most likely Jagielka or Dann.
i think jag is better option for us,i can see him play on til he is 35, so 5yrs is gd value for the money.
there we go,it used to be football club but now they call it arsenal financial club. still afc thou' .:doh:

Gubby Allen
27-08-2011, 12:12 PM
He any good?

Be interested to see the % of our signings that come from the French League - must be at close to 50% of the last 20 or so.

Joker
27-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Lille have had their feathers ruffled it seems:

“We are stunned by this unacceptable behavior in terms of human qualities. This shows that the player had nothing to do in Lille. We agreed everything, he left his hotel room in the middle of the night and is now on his way to Arsenal. Seydoux said.

http://arsenalaction.com/2011/08/27/park-chu-young-to-sign-for-arsenal-e3m/

Boss
27-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Money from shirt sales in Asia :bow: :bow:

Here's a video if no one's ever heard of him (like me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQFeq0kd9A8

Didn't know he was SK's captain.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Who the funk is Park Chu-Young?

Özim
27-08-2011, 12:21 PM
If we get him nice to see we've gone for the cheap option again.

Doesn't matter how much money we have, we just don't want to spend it.

Also this is another guy with an average goalscoring record, f*cking annoying.

Boss
27-08-2011, 12:22 PM
1. Lille must hate us now.

2. Not sure if it's good to recruit players that show disloyalty before they sign for us... :unsure:

cheesy bites
27-08-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm very interested to hear some suggestions for big money and name strikers that we could realistically buy.

4-3-3
27-08-2011, 12:26 PM
causin to united's park i guess:unsure:

milla
27-08-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm very interested to hear some suggestions for big money and name strikers that we could realistically buy.

Emanuel Adebayor :gp:

Marc Overmars
27-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Falcao, Forlan, Benzema, Llorente etc.

The biggest stumbling block?

None of them play in Ligue 1. :coffee:

Not fair on Park really, I'm sure he has something to give but I don't think this is a signing the fans will warm to, unless he's awesome from the get go. It's just frustrating how this league is always our first port of call.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 12:34 PM

Indeed. Is this the guy who's going to stand in for RvP? Let's hope we haven't paid any significant money for this guy. Chances of him making it in the PL? Who knows? And that's the point, we can't afford to be fucking around with prospects. Maybe this is just a guy Wenger's had his eye on, maybe this is not THE striker we need. Why weren't we even in the hunt for Forlan?

4-3-3
27-08-2011, 12:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhPTnMjk50s&feature=related

cheesy bites
27-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Falcao, Forlan, Benzema, Llorente etc.

The biggest stumbling block?

None of them play in Ligue 1. :coffee:

Not fair on Park really, I'm sure he has something to give but I don't think this is a signing the fans will warm to, unless he's awesome from the get go. It's just frustrating how this league is always our first port of call.

Falcao just moved to Athletico Madrid, Benzema will no way leave/be allowed to leave Real, Forlan is really not as big a signing as the other names mentioned. Llorente, I'll give you that one, possibly not a big enough name for some Gooners.

Munchies
27-08-2011, 12:39 PM
When I first started reading the breaking BBC news , I thought Sunderland had gotten him.

We need players who are good at the present, ie Suarez type players, spend that £20 million or so ffs.

However he may turn out to be decent, but we can't take that risk !

Darth Vela
27-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Park Chu Young, eh? I've thought he's looked good whenever I've seen him (not much admittedly) and I've had some epic wins on PES involving him but if Monaco are willing to let him go for 3m he must be a bit shite, you shouldn't judge players on their price tags but no-one who's any good and over the age of 23 goes for that kind of money.

Munchies
27-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Falcao just moved to Athletico Madrid.

Woah didn't realise, the fee reported is €40 million plus €7 million in potential add-ons. So we had no chance really ...

McNamara That Ghost...
Park Chu Young, eh? I've thought he's looked good whenever I've seen him (not much admittedly) and I've had some epic wins on PES involving him but if Monaco are willing to let him go for 3m he must be a bit shite, you shouldn't judge players on their price tags but no-one who's any good and over the age of 23 goes for that kind of money.

I wouldn't go too much on price given they're in Ligue 2 now, not that there is a whole lot else to go on though.

cheesy bites
Fee of £2.6 million mentioned. We'll recoup that in shirt sales in Asia easily. Plus this beauty:

He’ll shoot He’ll score He’ll eat your Labrador Park chu Young

Munchies

Hah PES was great with all the koreans, Lee Chun Soo was amazing upfront, more so than this guy ...

Gubby Allen
27-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Out of interest, how much would Mario Gomez go for?

cheesy bites
£35 million absolute minimum

Darth Vela
I wouldn't go too much on price given they're in Ligue 2 now, not that there is a whole lot else to go on though.

Ah, I didn't know that. Might go some way to explaining the price tag, not a ringing recommendation if his team was relegated though.

Munchies
27-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Out of interest, how much would Mario Gomez go for?

Bayern got him for ~£20 million, so perhaps £25m

SayNoMore
27-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Oh great. Anyone seen him play properly?

Gubby Allen
27-08-2011, 12:45 PM

Crikey, is he not even playing in Ligue 1?

What arre Lille's role in this? Were they trying to sign him too?

cheesy bites
27-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Well if we do get the guy, I'm not going to condemn him based on his transfer fee, until he plays a few games.

Darth Vela
27-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Hah PES was great with all the koreans, Lee Chun Soo was amazing upfront, more so than this guy ...

Monaco were surprisingly fun to play with as well, good balance against a similar level team.

SayNoMore
27-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Well if we do get the guy, I'm not going to condemn him based on his transfer fee, until he plays a few games.

Hardly a transfer that will inspire the club, but your right, he needs to be given a chance.

KESSLER
27-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Few details.... Fee €3m with €2m add-ons. Wages about €47,000 pw

From The Goon Blog

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Ah, I didn't know that. Might go some way to explaining the price tag, not a ringing recommendation if his team was relegated though.

That doesn't stop people wanting Parker. :ninja:

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Crikey, is he not even playing in Ligue 1?

What arre Lille's role in this? Were they trying to sign him too?

Apparently so. And yeah Monaco were relegated last season.

Syn
27-08-2011, 12:52 PM
I have no problem with the signing...as long as Wenger gets good, established-quality players in at CM and CB (will probably cost £20m+ a piece)....not happening is it? We'll get the CB but miss out on a much needed CM. We probably need a left-back too considering we sold Clichy and Gibbs is always dead...but lets give that a miss.

Darth Vela
27-08-2011, 12:54 PM
That doesn't stop people wanting Parker. :ninja:

Fair point.

I'd quite like Parker myself, despite Frimpong being the best thing since sliced bread.

cheesy bites
27-08-2011, 12:56 PM
I have no problem with the signing...as long as Wenger gets good, established-quality players in at CM and CB (will probably cost £20m+ a piece)....not happening is it? We'll get the CB but miss out on a much needed CM. We probably need a left-back too considering we sold Clichy and Gibbs is always dead...but lets give that a miss.

Exactly, it wasn't ST where we needed a huge star player. It would be nice, but the priority for spending big should be centermid and centreback. A cheap, effective striker who can score goals is exactly what we could do with.

Özim
27-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Fair enough, let's condemn him based on his poor career goal record instead then.

Özim
27-08-2011, 01:00 PM
To be honest it's hard not to be disappointed when we sell two top players and then sign players that Championship teams are more likely to sign.

Wenger just doesn't understand the meaning of quality players, according to him this guy must be super quality if we sign him the, what a deluded fool.

You just can't trust the manager to get anything right in the transfer market it seems these days.

Özim
27-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Exactly, it wasn't ST where we needed a huge star player. It would be nice, but the priority for spending big should be centermid and centreback. A cheap, effective striker who can score goals is exactly what we could do with.
Yup but this guy has a poor goal record so he won't be scoring goals either.

Great signing :good:

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Yup but this guy has a poor goal record so he won't be scoring goal either.

How do you know if you think you can do a better job voulnteer yourself or stop being negative. Maybe he was poor because his team was poor.

If we get hazard after this it be well funny though.

We don't need a big money st tbh. Like said before we need a star player be ir hazard or Kaka. we need that signing.

cheesy bites
27-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Yup but this guy has a poor goal record so he won't be scoring goals either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yeqMI3XiMc

What was that about not scoring goals? ##

Özim
27-08-2011, 01:08 PM
How do you know if you think you can do a better job voulnteer yourself or stop being negative. Maybe he was poor because his team was poor.

We don't need a big money st tbh. Like said before we need a star player be ir hazard or Kaka. we need that signing.
How do I know...he's 26 has never scored many goals and noone knows anything about him

Sorry we've been here before, stop being in denial this discovering gems nonsense is well past it's sell by date.

We won't get Hazard, people need to stop believing in this pipedream.

I think we need a finisher, it's been years since we've had one and seeign Di Natale in midweek further convinced me that's exactly what we lack, someone who will shoot and head from anywhere and score goals others won't...like I said earlier poncy strikers running around doing who knows what are pointless.

Özim
27-08-2011, 01:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yeqMI3XiMc

What was that about not scoring goals? ##
Every striker will get a few goals, but his career record shows he won't score more than 1 in 4 games, that's Chamakh stats FFS.

Unai Tea
27-08-2011, 01:10 PM

He's a 1 goal in 3 games type striker I think when you look over his career. He's probably not going to be a prolific goalscorer but I've never seen him play and am happy to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm happy to see anyone but Bendtner or Chamakh. Also, with Theo/Campbell/Afobe I'd like to think we have some depth, albeit lacking great experience.

Boss
27-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Will be giving him a chance of course and happy that we're signing any striker as that means Chamakh will be relegated to the reserves but expecting us to sign two top notch players in defense and midfield now.

Not too sure whether he'll be able to make a difference as he's older than Chamakh was when we signed him with a similar goal record. That said he should add some leadership being a captain and any striker that comes to us should be capable of increasing his goal ratio by a fair bit.

Özim
27-08-2011, 01:12 PM
He's a 1 goal in 3 games type striker I think when you look over his career. He's probably not going to be a prolific goalscorer but I've never seen him play and am happy to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm happy to see anyone but Bendtner or Chamakh. Also, with Theo/Campbell/Afobe I'd like to think we have some depth, albeit lacking great experience.
1-3 in when playing for Seoul,but 1 in 4 for Monaco (South Korean League is sh*t so in reality you have to look at his record at Monaco which is the only other place he's played).

This is a joke of a signing to be honest and no better than Bendtner, I'd rather keep him than get this nobody.

He'll make absolutely no difference to our team IMO, the only difference between him and Chamakh is that this guy will run around more as Korean's work hard, we don't really need a workhorse up front though we desperately need a finisher.

hobson's choice
27-08-2011, 01:12 PM
:( Seriously this is the best we can do:(

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 01:14 PM
1-3 in when playing for Seoul,but 1 in 4 for Monaco (South Korean League is sh*t so in reality you have to look at his record at Monaco which is the only other place he's played).

This is a joke of a signing to be honest and no better than Bendtner, I'd rather keep him than get this nobody. might be a no body but im sure he's better then you

Joker
27-08-2011, 01:14 PM
I don't think Wenger's much vaunted scouting network is as extensive as it's made out to be tbh. Why are we always focused on Ligue 1 when looking for signings? Don't we have scouts stationed in other countries?

This guy may turn out to be decent, but then again, he may not. We can't afford to sign players like this at the moment, the transfer window's about to close, we NEED established players who can hit the ground running, especially given we've dropped 5 points already this season. I'm not saying we must spend £100M, but to get the sort of players we need, you need to be prepared to spend £10M +.

Performing in Ligue 1 is a completely different kettle of fish to the Premiership. Wenger seems prepared to accept the uncertainty just so that he doesn't have to spend a lot of money and can get a player with low wage demands.

I absolutely hate the way we've penny pinched this summer, and because of it we've failed to sign the type of players we need.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 01:15 PM
We needed a player who would have scored that chance against Barcelona last year, not a Bendtner, not a Chamakh and not a journeyman from South Korea either. We need (and have needed for a long time) serious support for RvP (who has spent half his career injured). As I said, hopefully this is just a cheap and cheerful squad player and not THE striker we desperately need. Of course Theo could be that striker I suppose. His injury record is not much better.

Özim
27-08-2011, 01:17 PM
might be a no body but im sure he's better then you
You really talk some sh*t sometimes, I'm not even a f*cking footballer so why would I be better than him?

hobson's choice
27-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Fuck this, this is so fucking typical

Özim
27-08-2011, 01:18 PM
:( Seriously this is the best we can do:(
He's super quality...honest ;)

Kaiser
27-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Lots saying he's an absolute bargain for €3m. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he's a FK specialist, all the better, no-one in the club right now can take a proper direct FK.

The marketing aspect is great (we'll make the fee back and more with shirt sales and a tour of South Korea), and he's SK's captain so some experience there.

Also, he probably has the stereotypical brilliant work ethic, is supposed to be a good dribbler and decent technically. Those are the base ingredients that immediately make him superior to Chamakh. If that's present, Wenger can probably improve his goal-ratio.

Sure he's 26, like Chamakh was when he came, but we can't judge the two as the same when they're clearly not.

Joker
27-08-2011, 01:19 PM
So this summer we've lost Nasri, Cesc, Clichy, Denilson, Bendtner (most likely), Eboue and replaced them with Gervinho, Jenkinson, Oxlade Chamberlain, Campbell and Chu-Young. I'm sorry but I've been totally underwhelmed by the signings we've made this summer. I can understand the players we've sold, as some are shit and others wanted to leave. However, we should have replaced them with players of superior quality, but instead we've on the whole concentrated on signing young, inexperienced players who are unlikely to make an enormous impact this season. How the hell can Wenger say these players are going to play 30+ games this season and make a big impression this season????!!!

Unai Tea
27-08-2011, 01:20 PM

This is a joke of a signing to be honest and no better than Bendtner, I'd rather keep him than get this nobody.

He'll make absolutely no difference to our team IMO, the only difference between him and Chamakh is that this guy will run around more as Korean's work hard, we don't really need a workhorse up front though we desperately need a finisher.

You need work on your maths a little.

Games Goals GpG
FC seoul 69 23 3.0
As Monaco 91 25 3.6
SK U-20 26 18 1.4
SK U-23 21 8 2.6
SK 53 17 3.1
Overall 260 91 2.9

And you've not seen him play so you know nothing about him. 'He's korean, so he'll work hard on the pitch' - will he? 'Goal-scoring record just like Chamakh, so he'll be just as bad' - is that so?

I'll wait to see him play thanks.

Özim
27-08-2011, 01:22 PM
You need work on your maths a little.

Games Goals GpG
FC seoul 69 23 3.0
As Monaco 91 25 3.6
SK U-20 26 18 1.4
SK U-23 21 8 2.6
SK 53 17 3.1
Overall 260 91 2.9

And you've not seen him play so you know nothing about him. 'He's korean, so he'll work hard on the pitch' - will he? 'Goal-scoring record just like Chamakh, so he'll be just as bad' - is that so?

I'll wait to see him play thanks.
My Maths is very good thanks:

Monaco 103 apps - 26 goals

That's almost exactly 1 in 4.

Thanks for the lesson though :good:

I know all I need to know, 1 in 4 in France, noone really wanted him even at his age and he's cheap.....it's a Wenger buy alright, the type that always goes pear shaped like Silvestre, Chamakh and Squillaci.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 01:24 PM
So this summer we've lost Nasri, Cesc, Clichy, Denilson, Bendtner (most likely), Eboue and replaced them with Gervinho, Jenkinson, Oxlade Chamberlain, Campbell and Chu-Young. I'm sorry but I've been totally underwhelmed by the signings we've made this summer. I can understand the players we've sold, as some are shit and others wanted to leave. However, we should have replaced them with players of superior quality, but instead we've on the whole concentrated on signing young, inexperienced players who are unlikely to make an enormous impact this season. How the hell can Wenger say these players are going to play 30+ games this season and make a big impression this season????!!!

Why don't you wait till the window shuts before ranting on who we have or have not signed.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Lots saying he's an absolute bargain for €3m. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he's a FK specialist, all the better, no-one in the club right now can take a proper direct FK.

The marketing aspect is great (we'll make the fee back and more with shirt sales and a tour of South Korea), and he's SK's captain so some experience there.

Also, he probably has the stereotypical brilliant work ethic, is supposed to be a good dribbler and decent technically. Those are the base ingredients that immediately make him superior to Chamakh. If that's present, Wenger can probably improve his goal-ratio.

Sure he's 26, like Chamakh was when he came, but we can't judge the two as the same when they're clearly not.

Chamakh is shit.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 01:25 PM
You really talk some sh*t sometimes, I'm not even a f*cking footballer so why would I be better than him?

So do you moaning over a guy that not even been cofirmed that he is coming here.

Joker
27-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Wenger claims he only signs players of "super quality", then why the fuck are we after this player????!!?!?!?!! He defends himself when questioned about signing players like Jenkinson and Chamberlain, claiming they will be super quality in a few years time when they develop and mature. But what about this guy, who's already 26 years old? If he's super quality, why is he still playing in France, and even then not for one of the top teams? His goal record is extremely mediocre, and can we rely on him against the top teams in Europe and the EPL when RVP suffers his seasonal injury? I don't think so.

Özim
27-08-2011, 01:27 PM
So do you moaning over a guy that not even been cofirmed that he is coming here.
Not really, I already said "if this is true" earlier.

If you actually read the posts you would have seen that. I'll react based on reports, this sounds feasible as he's cheap, plays for a French team and is a nobody.

Wenger's 3 most important criteria.

Kaiser
27-08-2011, 01:29 PM
12 in 33 last season for relegated Monaco. Nippy, looks to get in behind defences, smart movement. Leads line. Says DarrenCanalPlus on Twitter. Normally an £8-12mstriker but Monaco's relegation meant the asking price dropped considerably (JamieDalton82).

Meh, if he signs, I'm not gonna write him off immediately because of where he's played before, the country he's from or his age etc. Give him a chance at least.

Joker
27-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Why don't you wait till the window shuts before ranting on who we have or have not signed.

I'm talking about our signings up to this point, and with respect to these players they are not going to make the sort of impact we expect. Jenkinson looks promising, and we've heard good things about Chamberlain and Campbell, but they're most likely going to be seen in the cup competitions and not regularly in the EPL. We needed established quality, not rookies who will take time to develop into first team regulars.

Given the way the summer's going, I doubt we'll end up signing the players everyone wants, like Cahill, Hazard, M'Vila etc. Young will arrive, and we may end up signing another no mark from the French league and that will be it.

GunnerFan4Life
27-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Read that Wenger told bolton to keep Cahill if our bid is shit. This WILL come back to haunt us if we don't sign a centre back, have a shit season only because of his stubborness when we have FUCK LOADS OF MONEY FOR ONCE.

Kaiser
27-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Chamakh is shit.

Exactly, this guy surely couldn't be worse.

Joker
27-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Read that Wenger told bolton to keep Cahill if our bid is shit. This WILL come back to haunt us if we don't sign a centre back, have a shit season only because of his stubborness when we have FUCK LOADS OF MONEY FOR ONCE.

Absolutely pathetic from Wenger. He's willing to spunk £15M on Chamberlain, yet he isn't prepared to pay £2M more for an established defender who would improve our defence immensely.

Fuck off Arsene, you and the board are ruining this club.

Unai Tea
27-08-2011, 01:32 PM
My Maths is very good thanks:

Monaco 103 apps - 26 goals

That's almost exactly 1 in 4.

Thanks for the lesson though :good:

I know all I need to know, 1 in 4 in France, noone really wanted him even at his age and he's cheap.....it's a Wenger buy alright, the type that always goes pear shaped like Silvestre, Chamakh and Squillaci.

You're right, if including all cup appearances, 1 in 4 for Monaco. And as I said, around 1 in 3 overall for his career.

I'm glad you know all you need to know. Probs better off just fucking away off for a few years and returning when Wenger is gone. You already seem to know the outcome anyway. Do you do lotteries as well?

hobson's choice
This just fukking ruin my damn day, another slightly above average striker/winger/whatever to add to the list then.

Özim
12 in 33 last season for relegated Monaco. Nippy, looks to get in behind defences, smart movement. Leads line. Says DarrenCanalPlus on Twitter. Normally an £8-12mstriker but Monaco's relegation meant the asking price dropped considerably (JamieDalton82).

Meh, if he signs, I'm not gonna write him off immediately because of where he's played before, the country he's from or his age etc. Give him a chance at least.
Not good enough for me, we need a goalscorer yet never ever seem to get one, I'm sick of these signings which just make up the numbers now...too many over the year.

I make it 12 goals in 35 games last season for him. 9 in 33 the season before and 5 in 35 the season before that.

Joker
27-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Wenger's obsession with buying from the French league is really hindering us. I don't what he's trying to prove tbh, but his dogmatic insistence that there are diamonds in this league that no other manager in the world has managed to spot is systematically lowering the quality in our squad.

Özim
27-08-2011, 01:34 PM
You're right, if including all cup appearances, 1 in 4 for Monaco. And as I said, around 1 in 3 overall for his career.

I'm glad you know all you need to know. Probs better off just fucking away off for a few years and returning when Wenger is gone. You already seem to know the outcome anyway. Do you do lotteries as well?

He played for Seoul before that, a South Korean team you can't take those stats seriously as they mean absoulutely nothing as it's like playing for a lower league team.

I'm going nowehere buddy and will keep this up till this deluded fool at the helm disappears for good, think that's probably best tbh.

No don't play the lottery, I prefer to evaluate risk and reward unlike our manager.

hobson's choice
27-08-2011, 01:35 PM
This was the master plan all along, get Lille distracted, get the fans thinking they might buy Hazard, and wham get Park Foo whatever

RomfordPele
27-08-2011, 01:36 PM
And here we were getting all excited about Kaka, Benzema, Hazard, M'vila, Schweinsteiger ...!!

Good luck to the lad though. Hope he's an improvement on Chamakh.

Özim
27-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Exactly, this guy surely couldn't be worse.
So hang on, we're happy if this guy is a little better than Chamakh?

Surely we should be signing players who will make a big difference, not players who are a bit better than the sh*t waste of space players we have.

Seems even the fans think we're a small club these days.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Absolutely pathetic from Wenger. He's willing to spunk £15M on Chamberlain, yet he isn't prepared to pay £2M more for an established defender who would improve our defence immensely.

Fuck off Arsene, you and the board are ruining this club.

Wrong we payed 6m of Chamberlin with add on leading up to 15 million.

Know one knows who we will bring in tbh.

Özim
27-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Wrong we payed 6m of Chamberlin with add on leading up to 15 million.

Know one knows who we will bring in tbh.
It was 12 million plus extras.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Not good enough for me, we need a goalscorer yet never ever seem to get one, I'm sick of these signings which just make up the numbers now...too many over the year.

I make it 12 goals in 35 games last season for him. 9 in 33 the season before and 5 in 35 the season before that.

Why buy a goal scorer when we have one more or less, Theo tbh well if AW moves him in the middle he could be come deadly tbh.

who knows with the way we play this guy could be the ticket. no point judging him till he plays tbh,. Who said we won't be bringing ina goal scorer anyway if AW wanted too.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 01:41 PM

yeah but we are paying in instalments.

Joker
27-08-2011, 01:42 PM

I think Wenger realises that AOC's sell on value will be high, so when he develops into a top player and decides to join a club with ambition, we'll be able to make a good profit. So the board will be happy, the CEO will be happy and Wenger will be happy by being rewarded with a pay rise and a new 4 year contract while ticket prices are increased again.

Olivier's xmas twist
Wenger's obsession with buying from the French league is really hindering us. I don't what he's trying to prove tbh, but his dogmatic insistence that there are diamonds in this league that no other manager in the world has managed to spot is systematically lowering the quality in our squad.

So what league should he buy from then? that will give a reasonable price. Its not him buying from the french league being the problem, its him buying shite like chamack and squilachi is the problem.

Kaiser

Surely we should be signing players who will make a big difference, not players who are a bit better than the sh*t waste of space players we have.

Unless you can time-travel, you have no idea what kind of difference he'll make. It was a throw-away comment.

If this guy looks to make runs in behind defences, instead of laying off two yard passes back two goal like a coward, he's a massive improvement. Could work well with Gervinho and Walcott, as a mobile, pacy front three when RVP gets injured.

Instead of killing this guy, who you've never seen play, why don't you support him if/when he signs? He doesn't have to cost £40m and be on 200k a week to be a decent second choice to RVP.

By all means criticise him if he flops, as everyone, bar Ach, does to Chamakh atm. But it's stupid to do so before he's even kicked a ball.

Marc Overmars
Looking forward to see this guy play anyway, it's been years since we've had 2 reliable striking options and this guy really doesn't have to be much better than Bendtner and Chamakh to make an impact.

Obviously not on top of everyones wish list but it's a new option at least and judging by what we've seen of Korean players, they work their arses off so that should bide him some time incase the goals don't come.

Özim
Why buy a goal scorer when we have one more or less, Theo tbh well if AW moves him in the middle he could be come deadly tbh.

who knows with the way we play this guy could be the ticket. no point judging him till he plays tbh,. Who said we won't be bringing ina goal scorer anyway if AW wanted too.
2 reasons, a RVP isn't really a goalscorer in the pure sense, he doesn't shoot at every opportunity and can't really head...he's a top player but his game isn't really about goals despite a decent record.

Moreover he's injury prone so we need cover. In addition you can't rely on one player all season.

Walcott isn't a goalscorer either, once again I'll mention Di Natale, look at the difference, very predatory, shoots at every opprtunity. Should have tried to sign him to be honest, even at almost 34 he's class.

Joker
27-08-2011, 01:44 PM
So what league should he buy from then? that will give a reasonable price. Its not him buying from the french league being the problem, its him buying shite like chamack and squilachi is the problem.

Given the transfer funds we have from the sales of Fabregas and Nasri, we can afford to spend the higher transfer fees for better quality players from other leagues.

Kaiser
27-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Nah, it's likely to be £6m + extras. Could rise to £15m as CTG says. Similar deal to what Theo's was initially.

KSE Comedy Club
27-08-2011, 01:45 PM
We needed a player who would have scored that chance against Barcelona last year, not a Bendtner, not a Chamakh and not a journeyman from South Korea either. We need (and have needed for a long time) serious support for RvP (who has spent half his career injured). As I said, hopefully this is just a cheap and cheerful squad player and not THE striker we desperately need. Of course Theo could be that striker I suppose. His injury record is not much better.
Joel Campbell tbh :coffee:

Özim
27-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Unless you can time-travel, you have no idea what kind of difference he'll make. It was a throw-away comment.

If this guy looks to make runs in behind defences, instead of laying off two yard passes back two goal like a coward, he's a massive improvement. Could work well with Gervinho and Walcott, as a mobile, pacy front three when RVP gets injured.

Instead of killing this guy, who you've never seen play, why don't you support him if/when he signs? He doesn't have to cost £40m and be on 200k a week to be a decent second choice to RVP.

By all means criticise him if he flops, as everyone, bar Ach, does to Chamakh atm. But it's stupid to do so before he's even kicked a ball.
You're missing the point, we have space to sign one striker and once again choose someone who isn't a goalscorer,...if he cost 2 million but had a good goal record I wouldn't care, but this guy clearly isn't going to be that.

This is what bothers me the most, everytime we have a chance to bring in a goalscorer we don't, meaning the same problem will exist for several more years...until we next have the chance to sign one.

This guy may run around, do this that and the other, but ultimately he won't do what's most important and that's to score goals out of nothing and win us matches when the team need it most.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Given the transfer funds we have from the sales of Fabregas and Nasri, we can afford to spend the higher transfer fees for better quality players from other leagues.

Ok so your telling me if we should not bother with Hazard or M'Villa because they are in the French league. So who would you buy from other leagus and for whay prices(reasonable).

Joker
27-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Ok so your telling me if we should not bother with Hazard or M'Villa because they are in the French league. So who would you buy from other leagus and for whay prices(reasonable).

No I'm not saying that, and I should have made it clear in my reply. You're right that if there is a top quality player from the French League who could improve the squad, of course we should sign him. The issue is that we're looking for bargain basement signings from the French League, and it's the combination of these two factors that's pissing fans off.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 01:49 PM

one for the future it seems.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 01:50 PM

Maybe, in 3-4 years. Maybe Wenger is preparing to change the style we play and views this new guy (have we actually signed him?) as a utility player much like Park at Utd. Big regret noew we ever let Eduardo go. We've had such shit options up front when RvP is out. Nick is a very average player and that useless turd we brought in last year is just one giant piss take. Would have liked to see a potent striker come in who could score goals for us this season, not some season down the road. Forlan would have been a great signing too given he'd arrive knowing what to expect.

KSE Comedy Club
27-08-2011, 01:50 PM

No he didnt. That's the media making up shit again.

Wenger said that if they didnt want to sell him for what we offered, then they can keep the player, so he doesnt see why they should be offended by the offer, as they dont loose out as they can still keep the player.

Kaiser
27-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Adebayor was a 1 in 4 striker at Monaco. He hit 30 goals for us and had a 1 in 2 record during his time with us. There's always a chance, this new guy or some of the others could do something like that. But I'm sure you'll now dismiss Adebayor's record with us as a fluke because he didn't hit the ball cleanly or something.

Doesn't matter if he cost €3m, if he's the right player, which he could be. We can't be sure atm. Maybe, more money will be spent where it's more desperately needed, such as in midfield and defence.

You're trying to deal in certainties, saying he "won't do what's most important", but you don't know this for sure.

Of course, this is all happening stupidly late at the end of the window...

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 01:52 PM
No he didnt. That's the media making up shit again.

Wenger said that if they didnt want to sell him for what we offered, then they can keep the player, so he doesnt see why they should be offended by the offer, as they dont loose out as they can still keep the player.

Yeah but with that Gartside twat believing everything he sees on twitter, any old crap in the media is likely to influence him too.

goonerholler
27-08-2011, 01:53 PM
If we can get a holding midfielder in who will allow Wilshere and Ramsey to move up the park more, I think Park will be a good addition to the club.

With respect to his valuation, where are people getting the 3 million pounds and 6 million pound figures from?

Joker
27-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Adebayor was a 1 in 4 striker at Monaco. He hit 30 goals for us and had a 1 in 2 record during his time with us. There's always a chance, this new guy or some of the others could do something like that. But I'm sure you'll now dismiss Adebayor's record with us as a fluke because he didn't hit the ball cleanly or something.

Doesn't matter if he cost €3m, if he's the right player, which he could be. We can't be sure atm. Maybe, more money will be spent where it's more desperately needed, such as in midfield and defence.

You're trying to deal in certainties, saying he "won't do what's most important", but you don't know this for sure.

Of course, this is all happening stupidly late at the end of the window...

That last line is crucial tbh. Why the fuck have we left it so late? This is what happens when you're obsessed with trying to sign players for as low a price as possible. You try and drag it out till the last day and force the selling clubs' hand. However, this leads to extreme uncertainty at the club and contributes to the sort of dodgy start we've had. It would surely have been better to complete business before the season starts even if it meant paying more for players, because we'd have had a settled side and would have probably taken at least 4 out of 6 points at the start of the season, instead of just one.

But it seems this club is more obsessed with money than what happens on the pitch :coffee:

Kaiser
27-08-2011, 01:59 PM
If we can get a holding midfielder in who will allow Wilshere and Ramsey to move up the park more, I think Park will be a good addition to the club.

With respect to his valuation, where are people getting the 3 million pounds and 6 million pound figures from?

Sorry, the £6m was referring to Oxlaid-Chamberlain. The €3m for Park is from L'Equipe, Canal+ and I think the BBC have mentioned it too.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Unless Park wins an Olympic Gold Medal, he'll be conscripted in to the military for two years minimum. However that is true of any able-bodied Korean, so I am sure we can take care of that. :good:

Although now I read footballers might be exempt. :rolleyes:

KSE Comedy Club
27-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Lets be honest, how many people knew much about Park Ji Sung before he signed for Utd?

I'd never even fucking heard of him, but he does ok for a backup winger/striker for them, scores some important goals too.

Would any of you have him at arsenal? I sure as hell would, he's a good squad player for sure and I see no reason why Park chu Young wouldnt be of similar quality.

Have any of you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, the team setup at monaco just wasnt quite right for him? He could be exactly the player we need who will run into the box to get on the end of Jenkinsons quality crosses, and it looks like he can take FK's unlike RVP who is now shit at them.

Give this guy a chance, he hasnt even signed for us currently ffs.

gunsofashburtongrove
27-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Younggunsblog confirming on twitter that Park Chu Young was at colney, met with players and is having a medical today

Mr. Lahey
27-08-2011, 02:04 PM
very underwhelming signing. we have all this cash and this is the best we can come up with? im sure park is a decent footballer but come on, we've been crying out for a natural goalscorer for years. just when you thought we were going to sign players like Hazard and Mvila, Wenger comes up with his usual stuff...relatively unknow from the league 1.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2011, 02:06 PM
yay

:doh:

Wenger just go.

Kaiser
27-08-2011, 02:07 PM
You people... :ilt:

Özim
27-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Lets be honest, how many people knew much about Park Ji Sung before he signed for Utd?

He was well known in Holland and was one of PSV's best players so he was well known.

Also in midfield it's fine to have a Korean as they work hard and that's a useful asset, up front though different story, we need a goalscorer and no amount of hard work will make up for that.

In short different type of signing and I don't trust Wenger to get it right.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-08-2011, 02:12 PM

10 behind you guys again as I make my way home, and did not expect to see this as our first use of our riches, havent seen the price as I skipped back but he had better be cheap! And by no means the striker we are supposedly looking for

Dont care much about what Bolton think about our bid as that story has legs to run with and we will go back for him but I do hope we aint pissed Lille off

do see things havet changed over the day tho. . . .caught sight of and looking forward to reading Joker new bitch about Wenger. . . .when I was a child I was quite happy to go outside and play, seems like kids today want to stay in and use the computer all day

Darth Vela
He was well known in Holland and was one of PSV's best players so he was well known.

Also in midfield it's fine to have a Korean as they work hard and that's a useful asset, up fron though different story, we need a goalscorer and no amount of hard work will make up for that.

In short different type of signing and I don't trust Wenger to get it right.

Hard work in training is likely to improve his finishing, as somebody already mentioned Ade had a better strike rate after coming here, although I'm sure comparison to Ade isn't enough to sway you :d

Also, sometimes players do a lot better in the Prem than in other countries, different leagues require different qualities; bottom line is we need to wait and see before burning him at the stake.

Niall_Quinn
Give this guy a chance, he hasnt even signed for us currently ffs.

We need to get rid of this guy before the window closes.

Edinburgh Gooner
27-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Christ on a bike!!!! I have never seen so much negativity in my life. This Yung guy is getting slated before he has even signed. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Give him 10 games then, if he is not up to standard, give him an appraisal.

Özim
27-08-2011, 02:18 PM
F*ck me how many get out of jail cards does Wenger get.

We sell a load of players over the summer making a shedload of cash and he manages to keep people happy with a few mickey mouse signings.

No wonder they think they can take the p*ss out of the fans, they must be laughing all the way to the bank right now.

We've got loads of money, as I said before I expect to see us spend it on some proven quality players now, pet projects and nobodies with average goal records just won't do.

Edinburgh Gooner
27-08-2011, 02:19 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14692916.stm

"We haven't had a telephone call, nothing. From what we understand he could be at Arsenal," said Lille president Michel Seydoux.

"Like Monaco, Lille are baffled. Everything [about his move] had been agreed."

Looks like we have pissed Lille off.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2011, 02:20 PM
We need quality players. Not these run of the mill players who wont improve us much if at all.

Thats why we arent happy.

GP
27-08-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm all for this chinese fella.

Syn
27-08-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm all for this chinese fella.

His compatriot Miyaichi should make him feel right at home.

Özim
27-08-2011, 02:22 PM

"We haven't had a telephone call, nothing. From what we understand he could be at Arsenal," said Lille president Michel Seydoux.

Noone cares if Lille are pi*ssed off to be honest, we were never going to get Hazard in a month of Sundays, the deal was a no goer.

What people do care about is us signing mickey mouse players instead of proven quality, hope Lille kick up a big fuss and force the transfer through and threaten Monaco with action if they don't comply.

Joker
27-08-2011, 02:23 PM
We've given Wenger the benefit of the doubt for the last 5 seasons. He keeps making signings like these, either young, unproven players who are supposedly "super quality" or obscure signings from the French League. We were all prepared to give players like Bendtner, Denilson, Diaby, Squillaci, Koscielny, Bischoff, Chamakh, etc time to show their so called "ability", but that has yet to happen. How many more chances should Wenger get? For how much longer should fans simply sit on their hands and say, "well, he may turn out to be half decent"? All the evidence over the last few years suggests Wenger is clueless in the transfer window, and signings like this do little to counter that.

Darth Vela
27-08-2011, 02:24 PM
F*ck me how many get out of jail cards does Wenger get.

We sell a load of players over the summer making a shedload of cash and he manages to keep people happy with a few mickey mouse signings.

No wonder they think they can take the p*ss out of the fans, they must be laughing all the way to the bank right now.

We've got loads of money, as I said before I expect to see us spend it on some proven quality players now, pet projects and nobodies with average goal records just won't do.

We've fucked up the transfer window, that's already been done and gone over with a fine-tooth shit-comb so we can either look at the guys we've brought in (if anything happens ofc...) and hope for the best or sit around bitching for hours on end about how shitty everything is, actually we can do both but I'd prefer to do the former a little more.

Syn
27-08-2011, 02:25 PM

How the fuck are Monaco baffled? They must've accepted an offer.

I think Monaco are more pissed off at Park.

Anyway, I don't care.

KSE Comedy Club
27-08-2011, 02:25 PM

Im not dutch, I dont live in holland or watch their tv stations and I dont support PSV.

Joker
27-08-2011, 02:27 PM
And if Monaco are "baffled" about Young signing for us, then doesn't that suggest something dodgy is going on? Surely ourselves and Monaco need to agree on a fee first? I also hope the deal breaks down to be honest, and Wenger realises that he needs to stop fucking about in the bargain basement and go for a real quality striker who can actually provide competition for RVP, and when stepping in for him when he gets injured, can actually do atleast as good as job as him (hopefully better)

Özim
We've fucked up the transfer window, that's already been done and gone over with a fine-tooth shit-comb so we can either look at the guys we've brought in (if anything happens ofc...) and hope for the best or sit around bitching for hours on end about how shitty everything is, actually we can do both but I'd prefer to do the former a little more.
Why exactly are we looking at cheap nobodies though, we should still be trying to buy quality, there's still time if we're willing to pay.

Seems to me though that we won't pay up, 3 million just about sums it's up we're so cheap we won't shell out and would rather f*ck up our season than spend a bit more.

Really sad state of affairs and quite sad that fans are willing to accept that as well, how can you expect any change of attitude at the club when you accept pretty much everything they do as if you were a beggar on the street desperate for some food.

hobson's choice
We need quality players. Not these run of the mill players who wont improve us much if at all.

Thats why we arent happy.

This

KSE Comedy Club

Edinburgh Gooner
27-08-2011, 02:28 PM

Well said

Joker
27-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Why exactly are we looking at cheap nobodies though, we should still be trying to buy quality, there's still time if we're willing to pay.

Seems to me though that we won't pay up, 3 million just about sums it's up we're so cheap we won't shell out and would rather f*ck up our season than spend a bit more.

Really sad state of affairs and quite sad that fans are willing to accept that as well, how can you expect any change of attitude at the club when you accept pretty much everything they do as if you were a beggar on the street desperate for some food.

Exactly, we've been extremely patient with Wenger and his eccentric signings, and this summer is the straw that's broken the camel's back (although for some they lost faith in Wenger 1-2 seasons ago)

Özim
27-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Im not dutch, I dont live in holland or watch their tv stations and I dont support PSV.

Fair enough but PSV have always been a big club in Holland (use to win the title every season for a while), RVN and Stam came from there after all and weren't cheap.

Ajax and PSV are the main teams there with Feyenoord 3rd.

Darth Vela
27-08-2011, 02:32 PM

I'm pretty sure this is opportunistic, I'd like to think he isn't top of our list but I'm sure we've seen enough of him to convince us that he's worth a shot.

How can you expect any change if you bitch in outrage at everything we do? Neither makes a blind bit of difference to what we do.

KSE Comedy Club
27-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Fair enough but PSV have always been a big club in Holland (use to win the title every season for a while), RVN and Stam came from there after all and weren't cheap.

Ajax and PSV are the main teams there with Feyenoord 3rd.

Fair enough :good:

GP
27-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Best player called Young in the PL

:bow:

Özim
27-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm pretty sure this is opportunistic, I'd like to think he isn't top of our list but I'm sure we've seen enough of him to convince us that he's worth a shot.

How can you expect any change if you bitch in outrage at everything we do? Neither makes a blind bit of difference to what we do.
We'll be stuck with him for years now though, that's how it works over here.

What makes a difference is fans making their feelings clear, Liverpool fans did it and it worked....but if you sit back and just say what will be will be expect further ticket hikes and some more p*ss take comments about how the fans are ungrateful tw*ts.

But if it's OK for them to think that, by all means support every token gesture they make.

Joker
27-08-2011, 02:38 PM
If this is the only striker that comes in, and we fail to sign the players we're apparently interested in (i.e. Cahill, M'Vila, Hazard etc) then the protests will only grow louder. If we don't strengthen the squad sufficiently in the next few days, it'll be a struggle this season, and I can see us fighting for a Europa League spot with the likes of Villa. Wenger may have thought the fans were onside because of the dogged victory over Udinese, but that win merely papered over the cracks that exist within our weak squad.

KSE Comedy Club
Im sure Cahill wll be an arsenal player by next thursday, its just the formalities of us and bolton agreeing a fee.

And I am still confident that a big money midfielder will be signed too.

Re: Hazard
Apparantly we have an exclusive agreement with Lille that we will be offered first refusal for him and have already spoken to the player and agreed personal terms, with Lille's permission. But that doesnt mean that it will happen this year though.

http://thegoonblog.com/2011/01/eden-hazard-latest-personal-terms-agreed/

Japan Shaking All Over

Ive read enough now to agree with that. . . .people are right the Asian leagues are awful and the best thing the top homegrown players can do is get the fuck out in a hurry. . .Kagawa, Honda etc

This guy has moved to France, couldnt save Monaco but is deemed too good for Ligue 2, hence the Lille (champions) which is a bit of a benchmark, shows we are not looking at in some ways crap French teams, so not wasting our team just scouting around France (please bear in mind that I am in a way sayong we got this guy from Lille rather than Monaco, before some reminds me that Monaco are league 2)

Cos of the price and the nature, Arsenak had to act quickly on tgis one and I kind of imagine we may be in for another striker, cos I do think RvP needs more support, we may not have even used any of our recently acquired dosh, still got plenty. . .note I use the word 'may' cos nothing is sure with the way we deal I do admit

Darth Vela
27-08-2011, 02:43 PM
We'll be stuck with him for years now though, that's how it works over here.

What makes a difference is fans making their feelings clear, Liverpool fans did it and it worked....but if you sit back and just say what will be will be expect further ticket hikes and some more p*ss take comments about how the fans are ungrateful tw*ts.

But if it's OK for them to think that, by all means support every token gesture they make.

I'm pretty sure the board and Wenger know our opinions, we're not quite so changeable as Liverpool or Newcastle though, anything we (as in, us) do is entirely ineffectual.

Also, when you say 'him' do you mean Wenger or Park Chu Young? It's not so clear as you seem to be getting a bit rant-y.

hobson's choice
27-08-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm gonna get a drink, this sucks

Cripps_orig
27-08-2011, 02:44 PM

PSV are a massive club and in Europe every season.

Özim
27-08-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm pretty sure the board and Wenger know our opinions, we're not quite so changeable as Liverpool or Newcastle though, anything we (as in, us) do is entirely ineffectual.

Also, when you say 'him' do you mean Wenger or Park Chu Young? It's not so clear as you seem to be getting a bit rant-y.
Maybe they do, point is they don't care and think it's fine to dismiss the fans. I don't agree we're not as changeable, it's just we're not as proactive as those fans...we sit there and accept it on the whole, that's why Wenger continues to do what he wants after 6 years.

I meant the Chu Young fella, I'm not ranting just p*ssed off with everything this club seems to do, we've just sold two prize assets and yet we're still looking for bargain basement players with no record of delivering what we need.

Darth Vela
27-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Maybe they do, point is they don't care and think it's fine to dismiss the fans. I don't agree we're not as changeable, it's just we're not as proactive as those fans...we sit there and accept it on the whole, that's why Wenger continues to do what he wants after 6 years.

I meant the Chu Young fella, I'm not ranting just p*ssed off with everything this club seems to do, we've just sold two prize assets and yet we're still looking for bargain basement players with no record of delivering what we need.

If this is the only signing we make until the end of the window then yeah, it's bullshit and something big needs to change at the top, as I said I doubt this guy was at the top of our list but if we think he can do a job and he's cheap, why not sign him?

hobson's choice
27-08-2011, 02:57 PM

They are not looking for to help us challenge for titles, just to secure 4th

Özim
27-08-2011, 02:57 PM
If this is the only signing we make until the end of the window then yeah, it's bullshit and something big needs to change at the top, as I said I doubt this guy was at the top of our list but if we think he can do a job and he's cheap, why not sign him?
We do need a striker and I'm pretty sure that if we do sign him he'll be the only striker coming in...that in itself is a reason not to sign him, it stops us signing a striker who could score goals.

If I go to the shops I don't buy something that's cheap for the sake if it, I'll only buy it if I need it (the fact it's cheap would be a bonus).

GP
27-08-2011, 03:03 PM
He's clearly not just being signed for footballing reasons anyway.

He's cheap, apparently quite good, and he comes from Asia. The 2nd Asian player we've signed in a year. Just after our tour of Asia...

Think about it, people...

Daniele
27-08-2011, 03:05 PM
We've given Wenger the benefit of the doubt for the last 5 seasons. He keeps making signings like these, either young, unproven players who are supposedly "super quality" or obscure signings from the French League. We were all prepared to give players like Bendtner, Denilson, Diaby, Squillaci, Koscielny, Bischoff, Chamakh, etc time to show their so called "ability", but that has yet to happen. How many more chances should Wenger get? For how much longer should fans simply sit on their hands and say, "well, he may turn out to be half decent"? All the evidence over the last few years suggests Wenger is clueless in the transfer window, and signings like this do little to counter that.

BISCHOFF? :doh: Then I say Kaba Diawara....

Unai Tea
27-08-2011, 03:14 PM
It's easy to assume we can just make a transfer for any old striker we like. There's no 'striker tree' out there and I don't think there are that many opportunities out there to get a really top class striker. People talk about Benzema as if the only thing missing is us handing over £25m. Maybe we are trying to work a deal for somebody else, maybe we aren't. Bottom line is we had an opportunity to sign a useful player in a position of significant need for depth. Let's say we didn't get Young (assuming we actually do) and we just hoped to get a different player. What happens if we then didn't get that 'super awesome striker who's not necessarily that availble'? Throw in the obligatory Van Persie injury and we have Chamakh leading the line. Has he taken his tail from out between his legs yet or is he still cowering in the corner somewhere?

Young would be a bird in the hand. The jury is out whether there's also 2 birds in the bush or not. Daft to allow us to remain so weak in numbers/experience up front.

hobson's choice
27-08-2011, 03:19 PM
What pisses off so much, is that once again this club is not preparing for what could potentially happen. Van Persie being injured, or Van Persie not signing a new contract. And if the latter happens, we are fukked, cause Campbell aint gonna be ready.

And then what, we've needed another top striker since Ade left, this aint no new thing.

Darth Vela
27-08-2011, 03:20 PM
We do need a striker and I'm pretty sure that if we do sign him he'll be the only striker coming in...that in itself is a reason not to sign him, it stops us signing a striker who could score goals.

If I go to the shops I don't buy something that's cheap for the sake if it, I'll only buy it if I need it (the fact it's cheap would be a bonus).

Fair enough, until I see that he can't do that I'll keep my mind pretty open about it but if we've got a deal lined up for Benzema or someone and call it off because we can get someone cheaper then it'd be stupid, not convinced that's the case but I think we've probably wasted enough time discussing something that could turn out to be BS in the end anyway.

GunnerFan4Life
27-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Park will be forced to return to asia in 2 years time for military services - tweeter

AKBapologist
27-08-2011, 03:27 PM
If were getting M'Vila, Cahill and Hazard, (likely ATM) them I'd let this pass. Skimp on the other positions and I'd be well pissed if Young turns out to be a flop and he's the only apex striker we get this summer. Youve had months to figure out your targets FFS. Even Mossa Sows begged us to sign him... Argh!

Cripps_orig
27-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Twitter :lol:

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 03:28 PM

I'm for bitching for hours about how shitty things are.

Darth Vela
27-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Park will be forced to return to asia in 2 years time for military services - tweeter

I'm sure our lawyers will find a loophole, wealthy people don't have to abide by laws.

AKBapologist
27-08-2011, 03:31 PM
And we were never in for benzema. Neither the club nor the player wanted to move. Best we could have done this season would have been falco who ended up moving to ac Madrid for £39mill.

Unai Tea
27-08-2011, 03:33 PM
I wonder why there was no interest, presumably, in Forlan.

He's older but essentially a true goal scorer. Maybe he wouldn't fit in with a higher paced game?

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2011, 03:33 PM

I already mentioned this. And players in their national side are exempt.

Unai Tea
27-08-2011, 03:34 PM
I already mentioned this. And players in their national side are exempt.

At least he'll be motivated!

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 03:37 PM
It's easy to assume we can just make a transfer for any old striker we like. There's no 'striker tree' out there and I don't think there are that many opportunities out there to get a really top class striker. People talk about Benzema as if the only thing missing is us handing over £25m. Maybe we are trying to work a deal for somebody else, maybe we aren't. Bottom line is we had an opportunity to sign a useful player in a position of significant need for depth. Let's say we didn't get Young (assuming we actually do) and we just hoped to get a different player. What happens if we then didn't get that 'super awesome striker who's not necessarily that availble'? Throw in the obligatory Van Persie injury and we have Chamakh leading the line. Has he taken his tail from out between his legs yet or is he still cowering in the corner somewhere?

Young would be a bird in the hand. The jury is out whether there's also 2 birds in the bush or not. Daft to allow us to remain so weak in numbers/experience up front.

Strikers do fall from the trees, in fact.

Kaiserslautern striker injured in fall from tree

June 21, 2011 — KAISERSLAUTERN, Germany (AP) — Bundesliga club Kaiserslautern says striker Adam Nemec will be out of action for three months as he recovers from injuries sustained when he fell out of a cherry tree.

Kaiserslautern said Tuesday that the 25-year-old Slovak fractured two vertebrae and his collarbone as well as suffering concussion. He will undergo an operation on the collarbone injury. The club said Nemec suffered the injuries in his garden on Monday evening.

http://www.mail.com/int/sports/soccer/507276-kaiserslautern-striker-injured-fall-tree.html

Edinburgh Gooner
27-08-2011, 03:43 PM

http://www.mail.com/int/sports/soccer/507276-kaiserslautern-striker-injured-fall-tree.html

:doh::haha:

Unai Tea
27-08-2011, 03:44 PM

Yes. Well. That was clearly an eejit who happens to be a striker falling out of the stupid tree rather than a striker being plucked from the striker tree.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Yes. Well. That was clearly an eejit who happens to be a striker falling out of the stupid tree rather than a striker being plucked from the striker tree.

An injured eejit - must get!

AKBapologist
27-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Hell, is this guy even a CF? Or are we getting another striker/winger thingy??? Gah!

:pray:
Let's hope he's this years Hernandez...

Unai Tea
27-08-2011, 03:47 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/27/park-chu-young-arsenal-monaco

Guardian now suggesting a £10m price tag. :(

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 03:53 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/27/park-chu-young-arsenal-monaco

Guardian now suggesting a £10m price tag. :(

Look, let's be optimistic about this guy. Maybe he will fail the medical.

GunnerFan4Life
27-08-2011, 03:54 PM
This guy could be our park ji sung. Striker version.

Tbh im disapointed in that STILL havent sorted out main issues but theres still time....

Unai Tea
27-08-2011, 03:56 PM

Or maybe we've stolen him from Lille and then dangle him as a makeweight for a Hazard deal.

That was my initial thought, a kidnap and ransom attempt. Shows chutzpah.

AKBapologist
@Younggungblog: Arsenal have confirmed to the BBC they will be paying £3m rising to £5m for Park Chu-Young.

SayNoMore
We will get at least another player in. Lets hope hes someone people actually know for once.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-08-2011, 03:59 PM

Still only on page 664 so there might be more but jeez Zimm, its not like we have spunked the whole lot on this guy, if we had I would be joining the chorus but the way I see it is that even if Nic stays we need a better quality striker but it looks like he could be off so his replacement is needed, this guy could be it. . .Campbell in aswell but he might need more time. . . .so I say we still need that striker and we stll have the money to buy one

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Or maybe we've stolen him from Lille and then dangle him as a makeweight for a Hazard deal.

That was my initial thought, a kidnap and ransom attempt. Shows chutzpah.

An attempt to heighten the summer farce. Could be.

Unai Tea
27-08-2011, 04:01 PM
@Younggungblog: Arsenal have confirmed to the BBC they will be paying £3m rising to £5m for Park Chu-Young.

That's reasonable and what you'd expect for a decent and experienced squad player. The way I see it, Chamakh no longer really exists as a football playing entity. He's still around and all, just isn't worth playing him in any game you would like to win.

Seems like this Young chap has a better strike rate than Zarate who we've widely been linked with and for at least twice as much. Hard to know about goals per minutes on the pitch but at least comparable if not better in that goals per game over his career.

AKBapologist
27-08-2011, 04:02 PM
@younggungblog Chu-Young is South Korea's captain. Can play on either flank or up front. Offers reliable back up at a good price. Win:Win.

Fee confirmed, medical completed, sorting out player terms. Fastest bit of business we've done in years.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2011, 04:06 PM
He also adds to our collection of national team captains.

GunnerFan4Life
27-08-2011, 04:07 PM
I know theres fews days left but Wenger is driving me crazy, cba with last day drama...

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2011, 04:13 PM
No football score spoilers on here please. If you want to post something about it, give a vague description of what it is about and then put the spoiler in spoiler tags. Thanks.

Syn
27-08-2011, 04:14 PM

:haha: :haha:

Master Splinter
27-08-2011, 04:27 PM

:haha:

GunnerFan4Life
27-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Park signing could be because Campbell didn't get work permit.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-08-2011, 04:35 PM
And if Monaco are "baffled" about Young signing for us, then doesn't that suggest something dodgy is going on? Surely ourselves and Monaco need to agree on a fee first? I also hope the deal breaks down to be honest, and Wenger realises that he needs to stop fucking about in the bargain basement and go for a real quality striker who can actually provide competition for RVP, and when stepping in for him when he gets injured, can actually do atleast as good as job as him (hopefully better)

which I am sure will give you another excuse to jump on your moral high horse!

selassie
27-08-2011, 04:37 PM

:good:

Yep, I'm with you on this. I'm hoping that Park Chu Young is the lowest profile of the 3 signings Arsene plans to make. I won't lie, I'm not comfortable with our attacking options outside of RVP but Park Chu Young should be given a chance.

From the little i've seen of him he's looked fairly good, mobile, technically very good, not bad in the air either.

Hopefully the CB & CM signings we all crave are Cahill and M'Vila.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Park signing could be because Campbell didn't get work permit.

Bit of a stereotype there I think. Koreans are hard workers whereas there's no point giving a Costa Rican a work permit. Very racist of you really. Unpleasant. I'm offended.

Master Splinter
27-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Most importantly, how will Ryo react to this?

Japanese and South Korean relations could take another hit.

All because of Wenger's penny-pinching.

Wenger: what a WUM :bow:.

Can you fill us in if some shit goes down, JSAO?

Japan Shaking All Over
27-08-2011, 04:43 PM
If were getting M'Vila, Cahill and Hazard, (likely ATM) them I'd let this pass. Skimp on the other positions and I'd be well pissed if Young turns out to be a flop and he's the only apex striker we get this summer. Youve had months to figure out your targets FFS. Even Mossa Sows begged us to sign him... Argh!

in the same breath as begging Real to do the same thing i seem to remember...........but we shouldnt sign him cos we might get accused of limiting ourselves to French league teams......maybe Wenger is on a mission to help the French economy (sorry that's the best I could come up with.....I will leave it up to the pros on GW to come up with some more believable conspiracy theories!)

alexander
27-08-2011, 04:44 PM
never heard of him.

must be shit.

watched youtube clips.

christ he is the best player ever.

arsene knows. never doubted.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-08-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm for bitching for hours about how shitty things are.

Come Come NQ.......you know that you are the ray of sunshine we all look forward to waking up to......!

Japan Shaking All Over
27-08-2011, 04:48 PM

:haha: see what I mean?

GunnerFan4Life
27-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Bit of a stereotype there I think. Koreans are hard workers whereas there's no point giving a Costa Rican a work permit. Very racist of you really. Unpleasant. I'm offended.

Poo yourself!

GunnerFan4Life
27-08-2011, 04:55 PM
If we can get Hazard + others then we could do the same...

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Stop posting things about other games.

GunnerFan4Life
27-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Sorry :(

Japan Shaking All Over
27-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Most importantly, how will Ryo react to this?

Japanese and South Korean relations could take another hit.

All because of Wenger's penny-pinching.

Wenger: what a WUM :bow:.

Can you fill us in if some shit goes down, JSAO?

Lets put it this way the wife was very non-commital!

Japan tore Korea a new hide the other night.......After the 2002 WC Korea's star was definitely on the rise in terms of who is top dog in Asia, that never changed until just recently.........Osim took over from Zico and started the ball rolling, concentrating on what he had on hand rather than calling every player back from Europe for a friendly.

After Osim's heart attack or stroke, Okada took over......quite conservative in nature, but made people sit up when he said Japan would make the last 4........took a massive risk at the WC when he changed the formation upside down and came back a hero.

Japan now has an Italian at the helm and things are really ticking along......new regime.....maturing players/players holding their own and making a name for themselves overseas......Japan is in a purple patch and I hope Miyaachi is part of that.

The Japan/Korea games are always passionate games.......not always classics but entertaining, Korea always seem to be more fiery and it does take Japan time to get going, taking the lead always helps because watching Japan I always worry when they go behind, but they showed fight in the AC and now Japan I feel are leagues ahead of Korea now and we would not be foolish to consider Honda and Kagawa as players that can really contribute.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Going to see what this Park is like on FIFA and FM, then predict big things or write him off based on that.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-08-2011, 05:08 PM
a couple of their fans are saying this Young blokes supposed to be decent. 2 footed, versatile and hard working. Exactly what we need. Hopefully it means Chamakh pisses off.

If the price tag had been £15m I'm sure everyone would have a different view- give the lad a chance.

We now have quite a bit of competition for the striker role, with campbell fighting for a spot too.

Syn
27-08-2011, 05:11 PM
We now have quite a bit of competition for the striker role, with campbell fighting for a spot too.

It's only competition if these kids will actually have a chance of being regulars in the first-team. They won't. As soon as Van Persie gets injured (and he's on borrowed time), Chamakh will come in.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-08-2011, 05:12 PM
also apparently we only bid this morning. nice to see us doing a quick deal for once. likely to be completed tonight.

can he play tomorrow? probably a stupid question but im not sure.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Going to see what this Park is like on FIFA and FM, then predict big things or write him off based on that.

Does it do Asian shirt sales on FIFA now?

Master Splinter
27-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Lets put it this way the wife was very non-commital!

Japan tore Korea a new hide the other night.......After the 2002 WC Korea's star was definitely on the rise in terms of who is top dog in Asia, that never changed until just recently.........Osim took over from Zico and started the ball rolling, concentrating on what he had on hand rather than calling every player back from Europe for a friendly.

After Osim's heart attack or stroke, Okada took over......quite conservative in nature, but made people sit up when he said Japan would make the last 4........took a massive risk at the WC when he changed the formation upside down and came back a hero.

Japan now has an Italian at the helm and things are really ticking along......new regime.....maturing players/players holding their own and making a name for themselves overseas......Japan is in a purple patch and I hope Miyaachi is part of that.

The Japan/Korea games are always passionate games.......not always classics but entertaining, Korea always seem to be more fiery and it does take Japan time to get going, taking the lead always helps because watching Japan I always worry when they go behind, but they showed fight in the AC and now Japan I feel are leagues ahead of Korea now and we would not be foolish to consider Honda and Kagawa as players that can really contribute.

Good info :good:.

But I meant more in terms of the social ramifications.

Syn
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-i-d-like-to-buy-three-more-players

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
It's only competition if these kids will actually have a chance of being regulars in the first-team. They won't. As soon as Van Persie gets injured (and he's on borrowed time), Chamakh will come in.

id usually agree but seeing chamakh warm the bench so far this season, it seems wengers lost total faith in him. bringing on bendtner against liverpool instead of chamakh when bendtner clearly wants to leave us :lol: oh dear time for the moroccan twat to piss off.

this campbell guy also looks the real deal. had a few clubs wanting to sign him apparently cant imagine him choosing us unless arsene offered him first team action. although i dunno if his work permit has come through today.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 05:16 PM

Chamakh is shit though.

Syn
27-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Chamakh is shit though.

You've changed your tune.