PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 06:25 PM
cheeky bid for modric?

Modric is only interested in money so no chance of him coming here unless we put him on the board.

Daniele
29-08-2011, 06:26 PM
How the f has it become this bad so quickly...we were "challenging" for the title last year ffs

this is a highly competitive league ina highly competitive world. Do not strenghten an already average team and you turn crap. baffles me that a PL manager who won titles like AW does not realise it.

Özim
29-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Oh great another nothing signing, what the f*ck is wrong with this club, do they honestly think they'll placate the fans with a guy who has failed to deliver for his last two clubs and thus is being dumped?

It never ceases to amaze me how they continue to make mistake after mistake....

Power n Glory
29-08-2011, 06:28 PM
I can live with Wenger taking a gamble on Young and Yossi. I hope he brings in more.

But I can't bare to see another season where we sit and do nothing.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 06:35 PM
I can live with Wenger taking a gamble on Young and Yossi. I hope he brings in more.

But I can't bare to see another season where we sit and do nothing.

We now need 3 top quality defenders (2 x CB, 1 x LB), a solid DM, a playmaker and a quality striker. Just to stand still. Looks like we'll get some Korean bloke and a Chelsea cast-off. Maybe neither are so bad but what possible impact can they make in a squad that's so short (literally and in terms of numbers)? These are not the players we need. Yes, if our plan is to finish a distant also ran these players are perfect for that. They are bodies that can fill in when the injuries and suspensions mount. But they aren't serious signings, they aren't the signings we need. We've left it too late now, that;s why we're snouting around picking up shite from the lower French leagues and the Chelsea spares bin. I hate this fucking board and whether Wenger rules the roost or has been set up to fail makes no odds any more because everyone in the management has contributed to destroying the team. The lying cunts all told us to be patient, patient for what? The arrival of Yossi fucking Benayoun? Not that I think he'll even come here, why would he. It wouldn't be for the money and he certainly wouldn't have any chance of winning anything with us. It'd be a step down for him in reality.

Daniele
29-08-2011, 06:36 PM
I'd get Benayoun only if Arshavin leaves and we get a new CB, a new LB and a CM which of course won't happen

Daniele
29-08-2011, 06:37 PM
We now need 3 top quality defenders (2 x CB, 1 x LB), a solid DM, a playmaker and a quality striker. Just to stand still. Looks like we'll get some Korean bloke and a Chelsea cast-off. Maybe neither are so bad but what possible impact can they make in a squad that's so short (literally and in terms of numbers)? These are not the players we need. Yes, if our plan is to finish a distant also ran these players are perfect for that. They are bodies that can fill in when the injuries and suspensions mount. But they aren't serious signings, they aren't the signings we need. We've left it too late now, that;s why we're snouting around picking up shite from the lower French leagues and the Chelsea spares bin. I hate this fucking board and whether Wenger rules the roost or has been set up to fail makes no odds any more because everyone in the management has contributed to destroying the team. The lying cunts all told us to be patient, patient for what? The arrival of Yossi fucking Benayoun? Not that I think he'll even come here, why would he. It wouldn't be for the money and he certainly wouldn't have any chance of winning anything with us. It'd be a step down for him in reality.

:good:

Syn
29-08-2011, 06:39 PM
We now need 3 top quality defenders (2 x CB, 1 x LB), a solid DM, a playmaker and a quality striker. Just to stand still. Looks like we'll get some Korean bloke and a Chelsea cast-off. Maybe neither are so bad but what possible impact can they make in a squad that's so short (literally and in terms of numbers)? These are not the players we need. Yes, if our plan is to finish a distant also ran these players are perfect for that. They are bodies that can fill in when the injuries and suspensions mount. But they aren't serious signings, they aren't the signings we need. We've left it too late now, that;s why we're snouting around picking up shite from the lower French leagues and the Chelsea spares bin. I hate this fucking board and whether Wenger rules the roost or has been set up to fail makes no odds any more because everyone in the management has contributed to destroying the team.

You might say they've had a holocaust.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 06:40 PM
cheeky bid for modric?

would be dead funny if we offered spurs 45 mill and they gave him to us lol

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 06:40 PM
You might say they've had a holocaust.

I'm telling on you!

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh great another nothing signing, what the f*ck is wrong with this club, do they honestly think they'll placate the fans with a guy who has failed to deliver for his last two clubs and thus is being dumped?

It never ceases to amaze me how they continue to make mistake after mistake....

Why would we sign top players were not a top club anymore anyway, we will sign what will get us through to Jan then sign big in jan imo

Daniele
29-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Why would we sign top players were not a top club anymore anyway, we will sign what will get us through to Jan then sign big in jan imo

nah we'll sign other crap players even in Jan

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 06:44 PM

Just be patient and wait for ANOTHER transfer window, you mean?

Özim
29-08-2011, 06:46 PM
If you think we'll spend big in January there's no hope for you. You were saying the same at the start of the summer too, for people to wait till the end of it, don't you get it...it's not going to change if it hasn't already.

We'd sign top players because we have money and desperately need them that's why, if we don't we're only going one way.

GP
29-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Harrison Ford is irradiating our testicles with microwave satellite transmissions!

Daniele
29-08-2011, 06:48 PM

I don't do neither optimism nor waiting

hymppi
29-08-2011, 06:50 PM
i was scrolling thru blogs and footiesites and it seems this c y park -fella is supposedly a very good player.
:pray:

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 06:53 PM
i was scrolling thru blogs and footiesites and it seems this c y park -fella is supposedly a very good player.
:pray:

by all accounts if it wasnt for relegation he would be a 15 million pound player, everyone just using price tag to bash wenger without waiting to see what player can do

GP
29-08-2011, 06:53 PM
by all accounts if it wasnt for relegation he would be a 15 million pound player, everyone just using price tag to bash wenger without waiting to see what player can do

Wenger is a dick, tbh.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Harrison Ford is irradiating our testicles with microwave satellite transmissions!

First bit of good news we've had all summer.

Daniele
29-08-2011, 06:55 PM
have you read the Sol Campbell bollocks today?

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 06:56 PM

Nope never said that.

If you think we'll spend big in January there's no hope for you. You were saying the same at the start of the summer too, for people to wait till the end of it, don't you get it...it's not going to change if it hasn't already.We'd sign top players because we have money and desperately need them that's why, if we don't we're only going one way.

If we did not spend big now, we'd have to spend big in jan, if we wanted a good season, but with this lot who knows what will happen

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 06:57 PM

Nobody is using the price tag to bash Wenger. They are using Wenger's history to realise he hasn't changed course at all. Despite last season Wenger is still very much pushing ahead with his bizarre project which promises nothing more than to confirm our status as a very ordinary also ran.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 06:57 PM
have you read the Sol Campbell bollocks today?

Is that like some voodoo variation on tea leaves?

Daniele
29-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Is that like some voodoo variation on tea leaves?

no something about him training with us and wanting to get a contract

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Nope never said that.

Yeah, you did:

Dear Niall, you just need to be patient and wait for ANOTHER transfer window.

GP
29-08-2011, 07:00 PM
no something about him training with us and wanting to get a contract

Ha!

He always comes crawling back, like a bird on it's belly.

Power n Glory
29-08-2011, 07:05 PM

Yeah, I see what you mean. But that won't happen under Wenger. We need a new manager if we want the sweeping changes required.

The Chu Young guy actually shoots and looks quick, so he's an upgrade on Chamakh. But Wenger has no intention of changing to 4-4-2 or benching RVP, so I knew he'd go for the fringe player.

With the middle of the park, he's banking on Wilshere, Frimpong, Oxo Cube and Ramsey. Ramsey is far from ready but the other two are. Not sure about the Ox but his best position is the middle. Wenger spent a lot of money on that kid so he's going to get his shot in the first team. Until then, Yossi may be able to fill the gap, Rosicky as well. Just don't count on Wenger making a huge signing for the middle because he's already got plans for the young players and won't 'kill' them.

But Wenger has to spend the bulk of the money on the defence. We agree on that point. Kosienly, Dodo and the Squid shouldn't be starters. Kozza is good for back up but he shouldn't be starting. We also need a left back. Traore is gone and Gibbs is injured. A new left back is a must.

This is damage control. I won't Wenger gone by the end of the season because he won't change and can't coach defence or motivate the players. If he can patch us up on the cheap and leave money for the next coach, that's great. But I don't expect huge signings on Wednesday. It's not happening.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I see what you mean. But that won't happen under Wenger. We need a new manager if we want the sweeping changes required.

The Chu Young guy actually shoots and looks quick, so he's an upgrade on Chamakh. But Wenger has no intention of changing to 4-4-2 or benching RVP, so I knew he'd go for the fringe player.

With the middle of the park, he's banking on Wilshere, Frimpong, Oxo Cube and Ramsey. Ramsey is far from ready but the other two are. Not sure about the Ox but his best position is the middle. Wenger spent a lot of money on that kid so he's going to get his shot in the first team. Until then, Yossi may be able to fill the gap, Rosicky as well. Just don't count on Wenger making a huge signing for the middle because he's already got plans for the young players and won't 'kill' them.

But Wenger has to spend the bulk of the money on the defence. We agree on that point. Kosienly, Dodo and the Squid shouldn't be starters. Kozza is good for back up but he shouldn't be starting. We also need a left back. Traore is gone and Gibbs is injured. A new left back is a must.

This is damage control. I won't Wenger gone by the end of the season because he won't change and can't coach defence or motivate the players. If he can patch us up on the cheap and leave money for the next coach, that's great. But I don't expect huge signings on Wednesday. It's not happening.

The £70mill - £80mill is in the public crosshairs right now, the bean counters haven't had time to hide it or spirit it away like they did with the Ade and Kolo sales, remember we had £30mill to spend before those sales and we still had £30mill at the start of this window, so that transfer money vanished somewhere. If we wait until even January there's a great chance we'll only have the customary £30mill left. It's a clever amount, just short of being able to buy quality if the wages are factored in. These fuckers think of everything when it comes to hoarding money.

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 07:21 PM
UPDATE:

Still no fucking signings...

Power n Glory
29-08-2011, 07:25 PM
The £70mill - £80mill is in the public crosshairs right now, the bean counters haven't had time to hide it or spirit it away like they did with the Ade and Kolo sales, remember we had £30mill to spend before those sales and we still had £30mill at the start of this window, so that transfer money vanished somewhere. If we wait until even January there's a great chance we'll only have the customary £30mill left. It's a clever amount, just short of being able to buy quality if the wages are factored in. These fuckers think of everything when it comes to hoarding money.

We've screwed ourselves over and Wenger must be a terrible poker player because we've shown our hand. Clubs will hold us to ransom on players because they know we're in desperate need and we have the money to spend. We've sold two of our best players and just qualified for the Champs League which means an extra £25m. We should have done our business early. We'll see what happens on deadline day. If manages to pull off a few great signings on the cheap on deadline day then I'll take it all back. Gladly!

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 07:26 PM
UPDATE:

Still no fucking signings...

Will be 11 on Wednesday before we know anything. Maybe 3 minutes past with a begging letter.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2011, 07:28 PM
20 people are working on this. What can go wrong?

hymppi
29-08-2011, 07:30 PM
how many people from the arsenal staff is needed to change a light bulb?

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 07:31 PM
@JamieDalton82: Sky say Armand Traore has completed his medical and agreed personal terms with QPR.

hymppi
29-08-2011, 07:33 PM
@JamieDalton82: Sky say Armand Traore has completed his medical and agreed personal terms with QPR.
not to worry, apparently our attacking play is our defense. (well, it's only traore, i don't care)

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2011, 07:35 PM

The Arsenal 20. :bow:

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Even if I would get into the Arsenal team easily..

No you wouldn´t. First we should be completely SURE Denilson doesn´t come back after Sao Paulo see him, which is, in good approximation, impossible.

Sirjackofwilshere
29-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Fener have accepted our bid for Andre Santos...their left back

And we've had a bid rejected for Mario Goetze

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 07:42 PM

Project Youth

:rose:

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Fener have accepted our bid for Andre Santos...their left back

And we've had a bid rejected for Mario Goetze

Was just about to post...

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/arsenal-are-forced-into-action-as-transfer-deadline-looms

Having sold Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri for fees worth over €60m (Dh320m), recruitment in central midfield is of particular importance but is proving problematic with Sochaux and Rennes insisting on taking a significant proportion of that income to sell France internationals Marvin Martin and Yann M'Vila. The latter would also be unavailable for the group stages of the Champions League having played Europa League football for Rennes already this season.

Considered by many as the most impressive talent in German football, Mario Goetze has been the subject of a recent offer only for Borussia Dortmund to respond by asking €35m for the 19 year old.

Goetze is understood to be happy to stay with the Bundesilga champions for one additional season before moving to Spain or England next summer. Wenger has failed to pursue his initial inquiry for Mikel Arteta, a decision that has frustrated the Everton midfielder.

hymppi
29-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Exclusive breaking news from Turkey is that Arsenal are deep in talks with Fenerbahce for brazilan world cup winner and left back Andre Santos and a fee of €7 million is VERY close to being argreed.
More to come
http://arsenalaction.com/2011/08/29/arsenal-in-talks-with-fenerbahce-for-left-back-andre-santos/?

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 07:45 PM
And Andre Santos...
http://failheap-challenge.com/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

Super quality? Really???

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2011, 07:47 PM
He might've been involved in the match fixing. Might be a good signing. :ninja:

Allegedly.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Exclusive breaking news from Turkey is that Arsenal are deep in talks with Fenerbahce for brazilan world cup winner and left back Andre Santos and a fee of €7 million is VERY close to being argreed.
More to come
http://arsenalaction.com/2011/08/29/arsenal-in-talks-with-fenerbahce-for-left-back-andre-santos/?

This is bullshit this guy has never won the world cup so i doubt this is true

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 07:52 PM
I´m not that much disgusted about Andre Santos. Think it like this, which is obvious anyway: would be a huge improvement on Traore plus Gibbs would have to make an extra effort to become a footballes and obtain a place as a regular.

Besides, what other realistic options have we got for LB, and at what price? Just bring him in asap.

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 07:53 PM

Is this not him?

http://arsenalaction.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Robinho+Andre+Santos+USA+v+Brazil+FIFA+Confederati ons+OXOOwsIYE0fl.jpg

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 07:53 PM
:yikes:

Wikipedia already has him as an Arsenal player??!!

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2011, 07:54 PM

I think the photo is of the Confederations Cup, it does look similar though, so maybe that's why it says what it says.

GP
29-08-2011, 07:55 PM

Must be true then.

GP
29-08-2011, 07:56 PM
I think the photo is of the Confederations Cup, it does look similar though, so maybe that's why it says what it says.

Yeah, that's definitely the Confed. cup.

Bergkampwonderland10
Isn't that Bastos?
Is this not him?

http://arsenalaction.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Robinho+Andre+Santos+USA+v+Brazil+FIFA+Confederati ons+OXOOwsIYE0fl.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist

On August 29, 2011, he joined Arsenal Football Club for a fee believed to be in the region of €0.000001 million.

Wikipidea is rubbish though can be easily changed by you or me

GP
29-08-2011, 07:57 PM

Not me. I'm banned for messing with John Terry's page.

GP
29-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Isn't that Bastos?

Dunno, they all look the same.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 07:58 PM
More to come

Complete bullshit with a bit of luck. Sign some fucking British defenders Wenger.

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 07:59 PM

Well this time I really want to believe them. I think this guy can actually help the team, a lot.

KESSLER
29-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Nothing to base this on but i reckon this Santos bloke would do a decent job for us. Sign him up and keep them coming

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2011, 08:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nZFGZQbKiU&feature=player_embedded

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Well this time I really want to believe them. I think this guy can actually help the team, a lot.

How good is he

GunnerFan4Life
29-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Basically, hes the number 1 left back on fifa for brazil...

Sirjackofwilshere
Not that good apparently. FFS Wenger you should have got Enrique

AKBapologist
Or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEhlvsHF1L8

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 08:09 PM

great another bottler....well at least he will fit right in!!!

GP
29-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Disregard that video as anyone can post videos on youtube.

Bergkampwonderland10
29-08-2011, 08:10 PM
seems like barca and real have both considered him

Sirjackofwilshere
29-08-2011, 08:11 PM
rumour on RMC website that Lille, Bordeuax, Tottenham, Newcastle and PSG are all interested in Marouane Chamakh #Ligue1
TweetDeck • 29/08/2011 21:01
Retweeted by DarrenArsenal1

Brilliant. Would rather have a shrimp upfront

milla
29-08-2011, 08:11 PM

Brilliant :haha:

alexander
29-08-2011, 08:12 PM
seems like barca and real have both considered him

you missed out `shit` from the end

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 08:12 PM
@DarrenArsenal1 Told that QPR also interested on signing Lansbury as well, amongst other teams, Sanchez-Watt also could go before Wednesday

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEhlvsHF1L8

Has anyone checked if he can defend?

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 08:14 PM

Everyone dressed in yellow missed their penalties that day. Anyway he´d get on well with RVP.

Bergkampwonderland10
29-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Maybe this guy could teach walcott how to beat his man - seems ok at that
@DarrenArsenal1 Told that QPR also interested on signing Lansbury as well, amongst other teams, Sanchez-Watt also could go before Wednesday

Master Splinter
29-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Great WUMming from Maccy :bow:.

Worked perfectly.

Marc Overmars
No idea who he is but then most of the players we go after I have no fucking clue about.

He's a left back though, so more than welcome at least.

Niall_Quinn

Exciting times if we could get rid of that cunt. That's a long list, surely one of them would take him if we paid them?

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 08:19 PM
It's all happening tonight. I think this left back is done. NB +cash for gotze might be on the cards too...

GP
29-08-2011, 08:21 PM
It's all happening tonight. I think this left back is done. NB +cash for gotze might be on the cards too...

I fucking love Goatse

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 08:21 PM

Did I hear shrimp?

http://copelandsatl.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/bubba.jpg

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2011, 08:33 PM
When is Rossi signing?

GP
29-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Press conference at 7.

Fats
29-08-2011, 08:37 PM
When is Rossi signing?

Too busy at ducati

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 08:37 PM
When is Rossi signing?

You'll have to pretend it's happening, I'm afraid. The Schwiensteiger signing is the only thing that has kept me going this summer. If you need Rossi to sign just set a fee and make the announcement. Best to do it when Benayoun arrives, to soften the blow.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2011, 08:41 PM
In order of reply:

GP - Fuck.
Fats - ah I see.
NQ- Sounds good. A dangerous partnership will be formed between Rossi and Schweinsteiger.

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 08:48 PM
you for once just once, could we give any new signings coming in now a chance before we write them off as nothing and crap players?

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 08:49 PM
and for NQ, rumour on twitter was the the scum were interested in chamakh

GP
29-08-2011, 08:49 PM
you for once just once, could we give any new signings coming in now a chance before we write them off as nothing and crap players?

It's too late for that. The sky is falling.

Wenger out.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 08:50 PM
and for NQ, rumour on twitter was the the scum were interested in chamakh

Swap deal for Krankjer tbh

Syn
29-08-2011, 08:50 PM

Santos :haha:

Awful goalscoring record.

Edinburgh Gooner
29-08-2011, 08:52 PM
This is brilliant. The anticipation of our team failing, players being written off before we have even signed them. JC!!!! Let's see what we have come thursday and see how it's all going to fit together. It'll be all smoke and mirrors at this stage. It surely is the silly season.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Deadline day will be funny funny in this thread

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 08:55 PM

Agreed. We should at least give these crap players a chance.

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Agreed. We should at least give these crap players a chance.

(could be wrong) santos is a world cup winner isnt he and park is an international captain. hardly crap

GP
29-08-2011, 08:57 PM
(could be wrong) santos is a world cup winner isnt he and park is an international captain. hardly crap

Wenger out.

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 08:58 PM
It's too late for that. The sky is falling.

Wenger out.

So all in all, Wenger made us reach the sky. It´d have been worse if the floor fell.

Maybe there´s hope after all.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Swap deal for Krankjer tbh
http://www.footballandmusic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/krankies.jpg

:unsure:

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 08:59 PM

you are wrong, he won the confederations cup not the world cup.

TBF i couldnt care less, still dont understand why we did not go more aggressively for Enrique who looks a steal at £6m and is PREMIERSHIP proven.....why always buy the unknown quantity.

we need someone who can do the job in the league today, not in six months....stand up for Wenger and the 20.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 09:00 PM

FFS, give them a chance will you?

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 09:01 PM

TBF i couldnt care less, still dont understand why we did not go more aggressively for Enrique who looks a steal at £6m and is PREMIERSHIP proven.....why always buy the unknown quantity.

we need someone who can do the job in the league today, not in six months....stand up for Wenger and the 20.

fine, con cup not world cup, but still that guy is a winner, enrique won nothing. we moan we have no winners in our team, well now we do

Syn
So all in all, Wenger made us reach the sky. It´d have been worse if the floor fell.

Maybe there´s hope after all.

Beautiful and poetic.

(Unlike your face.)

Elreactor

We´ll have to move on or die. Jose Enrique is Liverpool´s property now.

Sirjackofwilshere
29-08-2011, 09:04 PM
We're in talks to sign Elia..

GP
I am reliably informed (via KK's retweets) that Santos is almost a done deal, and that we are in for Elia.

Wenger out.

Niall_Quinn
fine, con cup not world cup, but still that guy is a winner, enrique won nothing. we moan we have no winners in our team, well now we do

He hasn't signed yet but he sounds shit to me and as has been pointed out he has an awful goalscoring record. Plus he missed that penalty.

Syn
29-08-2011, 09:05 PM

Which one of your 12 year old friends on Twitter said that then?

Master Splinter
Isn't Elia off to Juventus?

gunnerrrrr
We´ll have to move on or die. Jose Enrique is Liverpool´s property now.
fair enough, you are right we do, just as we did when we lost Flamini, Hleb, Adebayor....just like when we let Diarra go, when we failed to over a few mil more for Alonso etc etc.........we HAVE to move on....but we NEVER DO.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2011, 09:06 PM

Maybe we do have 20 people on the case after all.

GP
29-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Tits

Edinburgh Gooner
29-08-2011, 09:08 PM
The mental bastard is going to sign a whole new starting 11. I can feel it my bones.

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Which one of your 12 year old friends on Twitter said that then?

several arsenal related journalists said it :)

Edinburgh Gooner
29-08-2011, 09:10 PM
i can't wait to listen to talk shite over the next couple of days. It's gonna be a hoot

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Isn't Elia off to Juventus?
Elia is not a very appealing name to print on a shirt tbh. It´s a bit dull, like Diaby.

GP
29-08-2011, 09:11 PM
several arsenal related journalists said it :)

I'd fucking love to sign Elia

Just a couple questions though.

How much would he cost?

Who is Elia?

Kaiser
29-08-2011, 09:12 PM
I hate the internet. I don't why I searched for 'Goatse'. Luckily safe search was on but I got the gist of it. :doh:

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 09:13 PM
I hate the internet. I don't why I searched for 'Goatse'. Luckily safe search was on but I got the gist of it. :doh:

Your name will be on a register now, nonetheless.

Kaiser
29-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Your name will be on a register now, nonetheless.

I blame GP.

gunnerrrrr
i'd fucking love to sign elia

just a couple questions though.

How much would he cost?

Who is elia?

lol

Niall_Quinn

How much would he cost?

Who is Elia?

He's a non-white, non-Argentinian.

McNamara That Ghost...
Elia is not a very appealing name to print on a shirt tbh. It´s a bit dull, like Diaby.

Diaby saves that for us by the fact we never actually get to see him wearing it.

GP
I blame GP.

:gp:

GP
29-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Also, we've been linked with a player from Switzerland called Tubgirl.

Everyone Google him, quick!

GP
29-08-2011, 09:16 PM
He's a non-white, non-Argentinian.

Well he can fuck off then.

Niall_Quinn
Diaby saves that for us by the fact we never actually get to see him wearing it.

If he recovers before Wednesday he'll be like a new last minute signing.

Niall_Quinn

Tubegirl, idiot.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 09:17 PM
PMSL :haha:

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 09:18 PM
If he recovers before Wednesday he'll be like a new last minute signing.

He´ll be the new Vieira.

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 09:18 PM

i saw that earlier, made me want to vommit

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 09:19 PM

At least it looked all pink-ish, no brown painting anywhere.

GP
29-08-2011, 09:20 PM
http://static.unrealitytv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/duncan-bannatyne.jpg

I'm oot

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 09:24 PM
So weve got a LB and a striker.

I reckon well get Cahill and maybe nick Alex. Then its just a CM.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 09:25 PM

Made me piss my pants:

Listing for goatse.fr
This website was taken down due to reasons and stuff! You can still visit Goatse Security.

Which leads to...

security.goatse.fr
Goatse Security. Gaping Holes Exposed. (a genuine security site)

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 09:26 PM
serious question. would you rather have two 30 million quid signings such as hazard and cahill type or would you rather have for five signins like santos, alex, benayoun and elias?

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 09:26 PM
He´ll be the new Vieira.

There's no proof he'll move to City and fuck us over.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2011, 09:28 PM
serious question. would you rather have two 30 million quid signings such as hazard and cahill type or would you rather have for five signins like santos, alex, benayoun and elias?

You're missing a player in the second option. Regardless though, I'd have to take the five players option. I would've said the first option say a week ago but we've completely annihilated the squad since then.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 09:30 PM

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why not some top quality plus a few fillers?

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 09:31 PM
You're missing a player in the second option. Regardless though, I'd have to take the five players option. I would've said the first option say a week ago but we've completely annihilated the squad since then.

only missing a player because i meant to put four or five signings :lol:

id take the five too

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Why does it have to be one or the other? Why not some top quality plus a few fillers?

because i dont think we have the money for it, we have the money for two massive signings or 4/5 decent ones imo

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 09:34 PM

Brings back memories. I got fired for looking at that sick image at work about 10 yrs ago!!

:haha:

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 09:38 PM

How much would he cost?

Who is Elia?

That made me laugh.

Joker
29-08-2011, 09:39 PM
No surprise Wenger goes for the cheap option from abroad rather than looking to bring in an experienced, domestic based defender like Baines. I've never heard of this Santos bloke, and while that doesn't mean he's not any good, there's still a lot of uncertainty about whether he'll be able to hack it in the Premier League, whether he can cope with the pace of the English game etc. If we had signed Baines, he would have slotted in immediately and we'd instantly be a better side for it.

I'm sick and tired of these bargain basement signings by Wenger. We've got so much money from the sales of Cesc and Nasri, why the fuck do we insist on signing cheap, relatively unknown players who've never played in a top domestic league before? Wenger will claim it's because he can't find top quality players at "market value" (i.e. his own valuation) which is why he has to scrape the bottom of the barrel, but this is a pathetic excuse, and is one of the reasons why our squad is so weak these days. We don't bother to sign top quality players, and end up accepting a squad full of mediocre junk.

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 09:41 PM
No surprise Wenger goes for the cheap option from abroad rather than looking to bring in an experienced, domestic based defender like Baines. I've never heard of this Santos bloke, and while that doesn't mean he's not any good, there's still a lot of uncertainty about whether he'll be able to hack it in the Premier League, whether he can cope with the pace of the English game etc. If we had signed Baines, he would have slotted in immediately and we'd instantly be a better side for it.

I'm sick and tired of these bargain basement signings by Wenger. We've got so much money from the sales of Cesc and Nasri, why the fuck do we insist on signing cheap, relatively unknown players who've never played in a top domestic league before? Wenger will claim it's because he can't find top quality players at "market value" (i.e. his own valuation) which is why he has to scrape the bottom of the barrel, but this is a pathetic excuse, and is one of the reasons why our squad is so weak these days. We don't bother to sign top quality players, and end up accepting a squad full of mediocre junk.

you know, you could just give him a chance and wait and see if he is ok, you know before you damn him and wish he never plays for us

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Hamburg winger Eljero Elia would prefer playing in England to joining a club in Italy or Turkey, according to the player's representative.
Klaus Vink, the general director of the Fair Deal Sportsmanagement that looks after Elia, has revealed that his client is interested in a move to the Premier League this summer but warns that any potential deal will have to be wrapped up soon.
Elia is set to leave Hamburg (http://topics.skysports.com/hamburg/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif before the end of the transfer window and Italian giants Juventus (http://topics.skysports.com/juventus/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Turkish side Galatasaray both have approached the Bundesliga team for the 24-year-old's services.
However, Elia is willing to ignore those offers and move to the English top-flight, says Vink, who also discloses that talks between HSV and Juve are going on.
"HSV and Juventus are negotiating," Vink told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. "Galatasaray have also contacted HSV.
"There are two interesting sides from England who have stated that they are interested. The players would prefer a move to that league.
"I have advised the England clubs to reach an agreement with HSV quickly. There is only limited time till September 1st and with Eljero at the Dutch national team there is another problem.
"However, I have already found a solution for that."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7137889,00.html

Come on wenger sign the fecker

Joker
29-08-2011, 09:47 PM
you know, you could just give him a chance and wait and see if he is ok, you know before you damn him and wish he never plays for us

The guy is 28, and the only European club he's played for is Fenerbahce, which should be an indication that he's not a particularly well regarded full back. We have enough funds to go for a proper, top quality left back from whom Gibbs can learn and develop his own game. Why not go for Baines? What's stopping Wenger? I fail to understand this reticence of Wenger to sign domestic based players, and always going abroad to look for solutions. It's as if he's made up his mind that domestic players will be overpriced, and is not prepared to pay anything more than his own valuation for a UK based player. This is seriously holding back the club, because there are several players who could have strengthened our squad considerably whom we've missed out in recent seasons because we've penny pinched (i.e. Alonso, Phil Jones etc)

Syn
29-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Why should we buy a winger (and not buy a better central mid)? Don't forget as well you know we have as well Walcott, Miyachi, Arshavin, Rosicky, Oxo-cube. And Vermaelen and Van Persie can also play as well there.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 09:48 PM

what the hell you harpin on about now

Joker
29-08-2011, 09:50 PM
what the hell you harpin on about now

I'm harping on about signing this unknown Santos bloke, when there are so many better left back options out there. It's as if Wenger has learnt nothing from our humiliation at Old Trafford, and this stubborn fool will keep doing things his way, even though "his way" has been shown to be completely wrong.

The emperor (Wenger) has no clothes, and it's about time someone told him that.

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 09:50 PM
The guy is 28, and the only European club he's played for is Fenerbahce, which should be an indication that he's not a particularly well regarded full back. We have enough funds to go for a proper, top quality left back from whom Gibbs can learn and develop his own game. Why not go for Baines? What's stopping Wenger? I fail to understand this reticence of Wenger to sign domestic based players, and always going abroad to look for solutions. It's as if he's made up his mind that domestic players will be overpriced, and is not prepared to pay anything more than his own valuation for a UK based player. This is seriously holding back the club, because there are several players who could have strengthened our squad considerably whom we've missed out in recent seasons because we've penny pinched (i.e. Alonso, Phil Jones etc)

ok just to correct the thing with jones, we offered what they wanted, jones chose to stay in north so you cant moan at wenger for that.

do agree with your points though about perhaps staying at only one club etc but who knows, i will give the player time before i judge him.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 09:51 PM

What rubbish lot of good FB's play in turkey. which proper full back as you say do you think we can sign do you think. We were never getting baines because everton ain't selling simples, we will never get bale. can't think of many better then those to.

This guy is a world cup winner and has european exprience which we need right now.

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm harping on about signing this unknown Santos bloke, when there are so many better left back options out there. It's as if Wenger has learnt nothing from our humiliation at Old Trafford, and this stubborn fool will keep doing things his way, even though "his way" has been shown to be completely wrong.

i dont htink you can really call him an unknown, he plays for brazil, i heard that he is first choice for them thought that could be wrong, but hardly unknown

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 09:52 PM

Like who, we don't even know if its true yet your assuming and getting pissed at media reports.

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Is it time to phone Silvestre?

Joker
29-08-2011, 09:54 PM
What rubbish lot of good FB's play in turkey. which proper full back as you say do you think we can sign do you think. We were never getting baines because everton ain't selling simples, we will never get bale. can't think of many better then those to.

This guy is a world cup winner and has european exprience which we need right now.

Everton are skint, they're under pressure from the banks to repay their debts and Moyes has more or less indicates that they have to sell. If we offer the right amount of money, Everton will do business. Wenger needs to swallow his pride, realise that he's screwed up this summer by leaving things so late and be prepared to pay more than he thinks these players are worth, because the alternative is a season scrapping it out alongside teams like Sunderland and Stoke, stuck in mid table mediocrity for the whole season.

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Why should we buy a winger (and not buy a better central mid)? Don't forget as well you know we have as well Walcott, Miyachi, Arshavin, Rosicky, Oxo-cube. And Vermaelen and Van Persie can also play as well there.

Ryo and Ox are untested kids.
Arshavin and Rosicky are shite.
RVP is our only striker.
Vermaelen on the wing?? :shrug:

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 09:56 PM
We could do with a class act in every single position tbh. Looking forward to 11 signings come Sept 1st.

Syn
29-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Ryo and Ox are untested kids.
Arshavin and Rosicky are shite.
RVP is our only striker.
Vermaelen on the wing?? :shrug:

Ryo and Ox might be untested but they are super quality. Maybe you cannot see it now but in 5 years time you will. You need to be patient.

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 09:57 PM
We could do with a class act in every single position tbh. Looking forward to 11 signings come April 1st.

:dancingman:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Everton are skint, they're under pressure from the banks to repay their debts and Moyes has more or less indicates that they have to sell. If we offer the right amount of money, Everton will do business. Wenger needs to swallow his pride, realise that he's screwed up this summer by leaving things so late and be prepared to pay more than he thinks these players are worth, because the alternative is a season scrapping it out alongside teams like Sunderland and Stoke, stuck in mid table mediocrity for the whole season.

They have said they don't want to sell, and you never really get players from up north joining clubs from down south tbh. Maybe we may get both this lad could be 2nd choice(probs not) but who knows.

TBH wenger just needs i big Marque signing tbh. LB is not really a worry tbh, rather spend more money on a CB anyway

Joker
29-08-2011, 10:01 PM
They have said they don't want to sell, and you never really get players from up north joining clubs from down south tbh. Maybe we may get both this lad could be 2nd choice(probs not) but who knows.

TBH wenger just needs i big Marque signing tbh. LB is not really a worry tbh, rather spend more money on a CB anyway

Moyes has said that Everton are willing to sell for the right price, and all the money will go to the bank to pay off debts:

http://www.football365.co.za/story/0,22162,14287_7137182,00.html

I agree that centre back is probably more important than left back, although at the moment we only have one recognised left back, so given that we need strengthening there also, we might as well get a proper left back in rather than a stop-gap solution which is what Santos is supposed to be IMO.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 10:04 PM
The big money has to go towards CM.
Then a CB then other squad places.

Baines was never an option and everton would want £20+ for him (wenger is right about english players being overpriced).

GunnerFan4Life
29-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Santos HAS experience, i'm willing to get him in for LB. As long as we can get Cahill or another GOOD CB and a CAM/playmaker type as well as extra's for e.g benayoun.

toothless gibbon
29-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Moyes has said that Everton are willing to sell for the right price, and all the money will go to the bank to pay off debts:

I agree that centre back is probably more important than left back, although at the moment we only have one recognised left back, so given that we need strengthening there also, we might as well get a proper left back in rather than a stop-gap solution which is what Santos is supposed to be IMO.

Why would you think the current first choice Brazilian International left back would be a stop gap? Apparently you hadn't even heard of him 5 minutes ago!

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 10:07 PM

Santos will be 1st choice LB.

He is an experienced player with 22 caps for brazil and according to FIFA 11 is their first choice.

In that case, the LB strengthening with experience is done. Stop pissing your knickers about it.

GunnerFan4Life
29-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Santos will be 1st choice LB.

He is an experienced player with 22 caps for brazil and according to FIFA 11 is their first choice.

In that case, the LB strengthening with experience is done. Stop pissing your knickers about it.

EXACTLY :bow: thank you!

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Squlachi had experience etc yet he was the worst yet.

Give me a premiership tested left back over a foreign league import anyday.

Keith
29-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Less than 48 hours to go. 24 hours after a signing was meant to be announced.

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Early career
Squillaci began his football career playing for hometown club FC Seynois. While training at La Seyne, he was described by his coach Franck Seva as a "lovely, quiet boy".[6] Squillaci spent a decade at the club before moving to professional club Sporting Toulon in 1996 at the age of 16. He was originally a defensive midfielder and spent only one season in the club's youth academy, where he was supervised by former club player Christian Dalger.[5] Squillaci began the 1997–98 season playing on the club's reserve team. Following the firing of Albert Emon mid-season, he was replaced with Dalger. In March 1998, Dalger, subsequently, called up Squillaci to the first team and he made his professional debut on 7 March 1998 in a 1–0 league win over Nice appearing as a substitute for Victor Agali.[7] With Toulon in a relegation battle, Squillaci made substitute appearances in wins over Lille, Le Mans, and Lorient and defeats to Martigues and Red Star Paris.[8][9][10][10][11] Toulon ultimately finished the campaign in 20th place, which resulted in the club's relegation to the Championnat National, the third level of French football. Squillaci finished the season with five appearances in the league and one in the Coupe de France. Toulon, surprisingly, reached the Round of 16 in the latter competition.
[edit]Monaco
Due to not being under a professional contract while playing with Toulon, Squillaci was allowed to leave the club on a free transfer. He was recruited by Monaco and joined the club in 1998. Following his signing, Squillaci was inserted onto the club's reserve team, which was playing in the Championnat de France amateur, the fourth level of French football. He spent two years playing on the club's reserve team from 1998 to 2000 amassing over 45 appearances. After failing to establish himself under Claude Puel, Monaco officials announced that Squillaci would be heading to Corsica to join Ligue 2 club AC Ajaccio on loan. In two seasons with the club, Squillaci appeared in over 70 matches and helped the club achieve promotion to Ligue 2.
After Puel's departure and the appointment of new manager Didier Deschamps, Squillaci joined Monaco in 2002. In his first full season as a player for his side. Facing Real Madrid in the quarter finals of the 2003–04 UEFA Champions League, they progressed despite losing 4–2 in Madrid, due to the 3–1 victory in the return leg, thus advancing through to the semi-finals on the away goals rule where they beat Chelsea.[12][13][14] Their run came to an end when they suffered a 3–0 defeat to Portuguese giants FC Porto in the final.[15][16] Squillaci made 117 appearances for the club over six seasons.
[edit]Olympique Lyonnais
After the departure of Deschamps and a disappointing 11th place finish after years of European qualification, Squillaci opted to play elsewhere. He was linked to several clubs before inking a four-year deal with Olympique Lyonnais with Lyon's Sylvain Monsoreau heading the other way as compensation for Monaco.[17] Squillaci made his debut for Lyon in their opening match of the Ligue 1 season pairing with the Brazilian centre back Cris. Lyon would go on to dominate the season winning the league by an unprecedented 18 points. Squillaci went on to establish himself as the first choice centre back, along with Brazilian international Cris, at Lyon.
[edit]Sevilla
On the 14 July 2008, it was reported that Lyon had reached an agreement with Sevilla FC for the transfer of Squiallaci for a transfer fee of £6m.[18] Squillaci agreed to a three-year deal.[19] Six months after his departure from Sevilla, in January 2011, officials of Squillaci's second club Toulon confirmed that the club was seeking €150,000 in compensation from Spanish club Sevilla. The compensation Toulon is seeking is related to a trainers' fee, in which clubs who trained a player from ages 12–18 are guaranteed 5% of any future transfer fee. Sevilla has agreed to meet with the Toulon, but no agreement has been reached.[20]
[edit]Arsenal
Squillaci joined Arsenal F.C. on a three-year contract in the summer of 2010, taking the number 18 shirt, previously held by ex-Arsenal centre backs Mikaël Silvestre and Pascal Cygan. Following an injury to centre-back Thomas Vermaelen, Squillaci formed a central defensive partnership with fellow new signing, Laurent Koscielny. Squillaci scored his first goal for Arsenal in the Champions League group stage against Partizan Belgrade. His first Premier League goal came in a match against Stoke on 23 February 2011 following a cross from Nicklas Bendtner. During the 2010–11 season, Squillaci made 32 appearances and has scored 2 goals for the Gunners in all competitions.
[edit]International career

Squillaci has been a regular France international since 2004, making his debut in a friendly match against Bosnia and Herzegovina.[21] He currently has 21 caps for France.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Early career
Squillaci began his football career playing for hometown club FC Seynois. While training at La Seyne, he was described by his coach Franck Seva as a "lovely, quiet boy".[6] Squillaci spent a decade at the club before moving to professional club Sporting Toulon in 1996 at the age of 16. He was originally a defensive midfielder and spent only one season in the club's youth academy, where he was supervised by former club player Christian Dalger.[5] Squillaci began the 1997–98 season playing on the club's reserve team. Following the firing of Albert Emon mid-season, he was replaced with Dalger. In March 1998, Dalger, subsequently, called up Squillaci to the first team and he made his professional debut on 7 March 1998 in a 1–0 league win over Nice appearing as a substitute for Victor Agali.[7] With Toulon in a relegation battle, Squillaci made substitute appearances in wins over Lille, Le Mans, and Lorient and defeats to Martigues and Red Star Paris.[8][9][10][10][11] Toulon ultimately finished the campaign in 20th place, which resulted in the club's relegation to the Championnat National, the third level of French football. Squillaci finished the season with five appearances in the league and one in the Coupe de France. Toulon, surprisingly, reached the Round of 16 in the latter competition.
[edit]Monaco
Due to not being under a professional contract while playing with Toulon, Squillaci was allowed to leave the club on a free transfer. He was recruited by Monaco and joined the club in 1998. Following his signing, Squillaci was inserted onto the club's reserve team, which was playing in the Championnat de France amateur, the fourth level of French football. He spent two years playing on the club's reserve team from 1998 to 2000 amassing over 45 appearances. After failing to establish himself under Claude Puel, Monaco officials announced that Squillaci would be heading to Corsica to join Ligue 2 club AC Ajaccio on loan. In two seasons with the club, Squillaci appeared in over 70 matches and helped the club achieve promotion to Ligue 2.
After Puel's departure and the appointment of new manager Didier Deschamps, Squillaci joined Monaco in 2002. In his first full season as a player for his side. Facing Real Madrid in the quarter finals of the 2003–04 UEFA Champions League, they progressed despite losing 4–2 in Madrid, due to the 3–1 victory in the return leg, thus advancing through to the semi-finals on the away goals rule where they beat Chelsea.[12][13][14] Their run came to an end when they suffered a 3–0 defeat to Portuguese giants FC Porto in the final.[15][16] Squillaci made 117 appearances for the club over six seasons.
[edit]Olympique Lyonnais
After the departure of Deschamps and a disappointing 11th place finish after years of European qualification, Squillaci opted to play elsewhere. He was linked to several clubs before inking a four-year deal with Olympique Lyonnais with Lyon's Sylvain Monsoreau heading the other way as compensation for Monaco.[17] Squillaci made his debut for Lyon in their opening match of the Ligue 1 season pairing with the Brazilian centre back Cris. Lyon would go on to dominate the season winning the league by an unprecedented 18 points. Squillaci went on to establish himself as the first choice centre back, along with Brazilian international Cris, at Lyon.
[edit]Sevilla
On the 14 July 2008, it was reported that Lyon had reached an agreement with Sevilla FC for the transfer of Squiallaci for a transfer fee of £6m.[18] Squillaci agreed to a three-year deal.[19] Six months after his departure from Sevilla, in January 2011, officials of Squillaci's second club Toulon confirmed that the club was seeking €150,000 in compensation from Spanish club Sevilla. The compensation Toulon is seeking is related to a trainers' fee, in which clubs who trained a player from ages 12–18 are guaranteed 5% of any future transfer fee. Sevilla has agreed to meet with the Toulon, but no agreement has been reached.[20]
[edit]Arsenal
Squillaci joined Arsenal F.C. on a three-year contract in the summer of 2010, taking the number 18 shirt, previously held by ex-Arsenal centre backs Mikaël Silvestre and Pascal Cygan. Following an injury to centre-back Thomas Vermaelen, Squillaci formed a central defensive partnership with fellow new signing, Laurent Koscielny. Squillaci scored his first goal for Arsenal in the Champions League group stage against Partizan Belgrade. His first Premier League goal came in a match against Stoke on 23 February 2011 following a cross from Nicklas Bendtner. During the 2010–11 season, Squillaci made 32 appearances and has scored 2 goals for the Gunners in all competitions.

Squillaci has been a regular France international since 2004, making his debut in a friendly match against Bosnia and Herzegovina.[21] He currently has 21 caps for France.

So what :shrug:

Boss
29-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Relatively pleased re: Santos as it looks like we weren't getting an LB, hope this doesn't mean that we're not getting a CB now.

We must spend at least 40M adding quality/depth to the squad as that's whats left.

Cripps_orig
29-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Davide Santon/thread*reopen thread*He was excellent when he burst on to the scene a couple of years back. Not sure what's happened since then as Serie A stopped being televised here and now he's on the verge of joining Newcastle. However we are more at Newcastles level than Inters so we should get him and he's still young so he will get better in time for a multi million pound move to Man City or Barcunts

Aaron Wilshere
29-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Early career
[edit]Monaco
[edit]Olympique Lyonnais
[edit]Sevilla
[edit]Arsenal

For the love of God why?

I'd forgotten about this useless turd

Aaron Wilshere
29-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Early career
[edit]Monaco
[edit]Olympique Lyonnais
[edit]Sevilla
[edit]Arsenal

For the love of God why?

I'd forgotten about this useless turd

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 10:17 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8729940/Arsenal-begin-rebuilding-process-with-signing-of-Brazil-left-back-Andre-Santos.html

Arsenal agreed a £6.2 million fee on Monday night with Turkish club Fenerbahce for the Brazil left-back Andre Santos and have also made an enquiry for Chelsea midfielder Yossi Benayoun.

With the transfer window closing on Wednesday at 11pm, manager Arsène Wenger is working frantically to try to strengthen a squad horribly exposed during Sunday’s 8-2 defeat against Manchester United. The signing of 28-year-old Santos, a 22-cap international, is something of a coup for Wenger.

A £10 million deal for South Korea striker Park Chu-Young — who is due to return home to complete his national service in three years’ time — is likely to be announced on Tuesday but Wenger also wants to add at least one more defender and midfielder.

The move for Benayoun is a slight surprise but, following the departures of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, he has been identified as a player who could offer both creativity and Premier League experience.

Benayoun indicated on his Twitter site that he is likely to leave Chelsea recently and gave up his No 10 shirt to new arrival Juan Mata. Lille are also interested.

Wenger is also keen to reinforce in more central midfield areas. Of his initial targets, Marseille’s Lucho Gonzalez and Lille’s Eden Hazard now look almost certain to stay in France.

Everton have little interest in any swap deal involving Mikel Arteta for Nicklas Bendtner, while Rennes are holding out for €30 million (£26.5 million) for Yann M’Vila.

Arsenal do, however, retain an interest in France midfielder Marvin Martin, who would be available at around £12 million.

The situation regarding defenders is also complicated. Arsenal have already had bids rejected for both Bolton's Gary Cahill and Everton centre-back Phil Jagielka, while an inquiry has also been made to Chelsea over the availability of Alex. That has not been followed up with a firm offer and there is an increasing sense that Cahill or Jagielka remain the most likely targets.

Arsenal’s offer for Cahill last week, which was worth an initial £6 million rising to £10 million, seemed to cause outrage in Bolton. Owen Coyle, the Bolton manager, described the bid as a “million miles” short of their valuation while chairman Phil Gartside also republished — and later deleted – an abusive message about Wenger on his Twitter account which put the bid at £6 million.

Wenger insisted that the offer was higher and it is thought that Arsenal are prepared to go up to £12 million, with the possibility of a further £3 million depending on appearances.

Cahill’s contract expires next season so Bolton would risk losing him for nothing next year if they do not sell during this transfer window.

The well-documented financial restrictions at Everton could also make it difficult to refuse a significantly improved offer for Jagielka.

Arsenal have already had two bids rejected for the England defender.

One player poised to leave Arsenal is Armond Traoré, who was yesterday finalising a loan move to Queens Park Rangers. Traoré endured a particularly torrid afternoon during Arsenal’s defeat against United.

Kieran Gibbs is expected back from injury after the international break, with the left-back position to be further reinforced by the arrival of Santos.

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 10:19 PM
my point is we need premiership proven experience in defence....not another untested international.......it is like the turd Squilachi all over again.

for your forwards, wingers, even CM great go abroad and do your magic with your 20 strong team but for our shocking, 8 goal conceding defence give me premiership proven, ideally English signings all fucking day long...

Wenger just does not get it, even with his 20 strong team

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 10:25 PM
my point is we need premiership proven experience in defence....not another untested international.......it is like the turd Squilachi all over again.

for your forwards, wingers, even CM great go abroad and do your magic with your 20 strong team but for our shocking, 8 goal conceding defence give me premiership proven, ideally English signings all fucking day long...

It wasnt our 1st choice back line though was it?

If were taking about getting baines, well that's £20m+ right there and he isnt worth that much. Santos could be a great bit of business.

Yeh ok, we need quality and PL proven and I still think that Cahill will be coming in plus maybe Alex as backup, but we dont have time anymore to be fucking about with everton, haggling over a price.

Thats the club and wengers fault yes, but that time has gone, we know where we are and weve only got 2 days left to get this shit done. I didnt even think we were getting a LB and neither did anyone else. Now its been broadcast everyone is moaning because he's not a £20m player :rolleyes:

Marc Overmars
29-08-2011, 10:26 PM
I don't think I've looked forward to a certain couple of days as much as this before.

Let the rebuilding begin. :popcorn:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Squlachi had experience etc yet he was the worst yet.

Give me a premiership tested left back over a foreign league import anyday.

So who would we get for a reasonable price. There are only a few good Lbs in the prem and we'd have no chance of getting them.

GunnerFan4Life
29-08-2011, 10:28 PM
If we can complete this squad then..............................

FIFA 11 will be fun :bow:

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 10:30 PM
It wasnt our 1st choice back line though was it?

If were taking about getting baines, well that's £20m+ right there and he isnt worth that much. Santos could be a great bit of business.

Yeh ok, we need quality and PL proven and I still think that Cahill will be coming in plus maybe Alex as backup, but we dont have time anymore to be fucking about with everton, haggling over a price.

Thats the club and wengers fault yes, but that time has gone, we know where we are and weve only got 2 days left to get shit done. I didnt even think we were getting a LB and neither did anyone else. Now its been broadcast everyone is moaning because he's not a £20m player :rolleyes:

I think people are moaning because we could have had Enrique for £6m who imo is a better bet than Baines and this overseas Brazilian.

Like Wenger you seem to think we all want the large value signings...well not really, but quality yes please and Enrique would have fitted that bill.

Forlan has just gone to Milan for £5m, another not at all expensive who could have been amazing with our passing football.

There are quality, reasonably priced footballers out there who have a reputation and dont cost the earth in transfer fees or wages, yet Wenger and his 20 man team keep missing out all the while whilst antagonizing the fans and existing players with shit signing after shit signing or youngster after youngster.

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 10:31 PM
So who would we get for a reasonable price. There are only a few good Lbs in the prem and we'd have no chance of getting them.

Ummm like i stated before Enrique would have fitted the bill and we were in for him only to pull out

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 10:31 PM
my point is we need premiership proven experience in defence....not another untested international.......it is like the turd Squilachi all over again.for your forwards, wingers, even CM great go abroad and do your magic with your 20 strong team but for our shocking, 8 goal conceding defence give me premiership proven, ideally English signings all fucking day long...

Not a LB you don't manu have a good french LB, Chavs are looking for a uruguyan LB and Mancs city have a french LB.

As long as we get Cahill at the back this won't be too bad.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Ummm like i stated before Enrique would have fitted the bill and we were in for him only to pull out

im talking current, he's gone get over it.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Hold on, Forlan has gone for 5m?

Would have been a quality addition, if only for a couple of years.

Not super quality though I guess.

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 10:38 PM
im talking current, he's gone get over it.
fuck knows mate, but i aint the one with a 20 man team helping me with transfers, however surely if Baines is valued at £20m, we could find a premiership left back for cheaper who could do the job whilst Gibbs develops

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Hold on, Forlan has gone for 5m?

Would have been a quality addition, if only for a couple of years.

Not super quality though I guess.

£5mill an outrageous price, he's worth £4.999mill max. Glad we didn't sign him. Anyway we have Chamakh.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Skysports.com understands that Wigan Athletic are eyeing a move for Tottenham Hotspur's out-of-favour midfielder Giovani dos Santos.

The Latics are searching the market for a winger to reinforce their squad for the 2011/12 campaign and have earmarked the Mexico international as a potential recruit.

Wigan were initially interested in Manchester City's Shaun Wright-Phillips and Vladimir Weiss, but while Queens Park Rangers are favourites to sign the former, the latter has already joined Espanyol on a season-long loan.

Manager Roberto Martinez has now turned his attention to Dos Santos, who is way down the pecking order at White Hart Lane.

The 22-year-old moved to Spurs from Spanish and European champions Barcelona in 2008 but has failed to find his feet in London, going out on loan to Ipswich Town, Galatasaray and Racing Santander since 2009.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp does not appear to have Dos Santos in his plans for this season, which Wigan are looking to capitalise upon.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7137996,00.html

Id take him here tbh, he give us a lil creativity.

Skysports.com understands Blackburn are in pole position to sign in-demand Birmingham defender Scott Dann.

Dann has attracted the interest of a host of clubs with Birmingham resigned to losing him following their relegation to the Championship last season.

The likes of Liverpool and Arsenal have been chasing the 24-year-old all summer, while Stoke saw a move for the centre-back fall through.

Blackburn have now jumped to the head of the queue for Dann after agreeing a fee with Birmingham for the former England Under 21 international.

Rovers boss Steve Kean is determined to win the race for Dann as he sees him as an ideal replacement for Phil Jones and believes he can form a formidable defensive partnership with Chris Samba.

Kean is a big admirer of Dann having worked with the accomplished central defender during his time at Coventry as assistant manager to Chris Coleman.

Blackburn are keen to tie up a deal as soon as possible to ward off any late moves from rivals clubs for Dann, and his acquisition would be major coup for Kean in the transfer market as he looks to make a high-profile signing before the close of the window.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7137981,00.html

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Wenger has left everything to the last minute and is now trying to land a bunch of misfits in the hope of crafting some sort of a team. This is desperate stuff. We should sign Joe Cole for no particular reason other then to add to the chaos.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 10:41 PM
I think people are moaning because we could have had Enrique for £6m who imo is a better bet than Baines and this overseas Brazilian.

Like Wenger you seem to think we all want the large value signings...well not really, but quality yes please and Enrique would have fitted that bill.

Forlan has just gone to Milan for £5m, another not at all expensive who could have been amazing with our passing football.

There are quality, reasonably priced footballers out there who have a reputation and dont cost the earth in transfer fees or wages, yet Wenger and his 20 man team keep missing out all the while whilst antagonizing the fans and existing players with shit signing after shit signing or youngster after youngster.

I agree, enrique was a steal at £6m and Im as annoyed as anyone else that wenger didnt get him. But that time has passed and he is now a liverpool player.

I dont think wengers priority was to get a LB but after traore's shit performance yesterday he decided to get rid and get a replacement in.

Santos may not have PL experience but he is at 26, an experienced international and brazil's 1st choice LB. He cost £7m, the same price as we sold Clichy for so its not a bad bit of business tbh.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 10:45 PM
I agree, enrique was a steal at £6m and Im as annoyed as anyone else that wenger didnt get him. But that time has passed and he is now a liverpool player.

I dont think wengers priority was to get a LB but after traore's shit performance yesterday he decided to get rid and get a replacement in.

Santos may not have PL experience but he is at 26, an experienced international and brazil's 1st choice LB. He cost £7m, the same price as we sold Clichy for so its not a bad bit of business tbh.

Wenger not knowing Traore is abject shit before he stepped on the field against Utd is probably the biggest concern.

Cripps_orig
29-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Squillaci was bad last season but Koscielny was first choice and he was even worse and he played yesterday yet he gets no critisism? The guy is the worst CB around and Djourou is just as bad.I remember Stepanovs being blasted for the 6-1 defeat back in 2001 and it stuck with him even though he did well the season later partnering Sol in a run of games when Adams and Keown were injured.Kozza is even worse than him. Forget Squillaci. Get rid of the worst CB ever before we worry about Toto.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 10:47 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7137996,00.html

Id take him here tbh, he give us a lil creativity.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7137981,00.html

No thanks, Dos Santos is shite.

Thank fuck Blackeye are going after Dann.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Wenger not knowing Traore is abject shit before he stepped on the field against Utd is probably the biggest concern.
:lol: true.

KESSLER
29-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Get back Hleb.

Hlebisky will lead us to glory

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Squillaci was bad last season but Koscielny was first choice and he was even worse and he played yesterday yet he gets no critisism? The guy is the worst CB around and Djourou is just as bad.I remember Stepanovs being blasted for the 6-1 defeat back in 2001 and it stuck with him even though he did well the season later partnering Sol in a run of games when Adams and Keown were injured.Kozza is even worse than him. Forget Squillaci. Get rid of the worst CB ever before we worry about Toto.

Where did he get no critisism's on here the whole team did, kos has been blasted every where tbh. And to say he is worst then Squillaci is rubbish, he's good 3rd choice cb or when he is with TV 5 but leading the defence no way.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Get back Hleb.

A gloryhole probably :coffee:

KESSLER
29-08-2011, 10:53 PM

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Where did he get no critisism's on here the whole team did, kos has been blasted every where tbh. And to say he is worst then Squillaci is rubbish, he's good 3rd choice cb or when he is with TV 5 but leading the defence no way.

Squillaci has never been as bad Kos and DJ were yesterday. Those were two of the worst performances I've ever witnessed. Not only were they awful individually but their lack of quality dragged down the performance of everyone around them. Squillaci is shit too but he's never played that bad over 90 minutes. I too am perplexed as to why so many people think Kos is a decent defender. Where's the proof? He strikes me as a decent bloke who tries but that doesn't make him quality. Depends what we want at the club I suppose, players we can all get along with or players who can play.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Squillaci has never been as bad Kos and DJ were yesterday. Those were two of the worst performances I've ever witnessed. Not only were they awful individually but their lack of quality dragged down the performance of everyone around them. Squillaci is shit too but he's never played that bad over 90 minutes. I too am perplexed as to why so many people think Kos is a decent defender. Where's the proof? He strikes me as a decent bloke who tries but that doesn't make him quality. Depends what we want at the club I suppose, players we can all get along with or players who can play.

The problem with Kos is that he is inexperienced. He does well when he has a leader next to him and he does make some good, important tackles at times during games, but he is too inconsistent and when he is with Dojo next to useless.

He will be a good CB one day but he needs better ones to learn from tbh.

Özim
29-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Got off scott free if you ask me, some even thought he was OK.

Let me clear it up, he was sh*t yesterday (any defender in a team which loses 8-2 must have been) and IMO he's a sh*t defender who's let us down time and time and time again and who's more interested in his spiked poncy haircut than defending.

Cripps is spot on 3rd choice my arse 6th choice would be too good for this piece of sh*t defender, the other ponce with a poncey haircut Djourou can f*ck off too btw, how many years has he been at the club now?

Too many excuses for Wenger's cheap rubbish buys, you get what you pay for at the end of the day and that's why we're sh*t, if you pay peanuts you get monkeys!

Özim
29-08-2011, 11:03 PM
The problem with Kos is that he is inexperienced. He does well when he has a leader next to him and he does make some good, important tackles at times during games, but he is too inconsistent and when he is with Dojo next to useless.

He will be a good CB one day but he needs better ones to learn from tbh.
He's 26, when will "one day" come, when he's 35 maybe?

At his age he should be getting close to his peak, right now I see very little indication of a quality defender, good players stand on their own two feet and don't rely on others to make them look good at the end of the day.

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 11:08 PM
good players stand on their own two feet and don't rely on others to make them look good at the end of the day.
very good point.....spot on.

language barriers, size, age etc should'nt make much difference...if you are good you are good

Cripps_orig
29-08-2011, 11:10 PM
We let the wrong Swiss CB go. Djourou has been shite for years. Senderos had a shocking time v Drogba but other than that, he was fine for the most part. The fact he had RVN in his pocket whenever they met is a plus. As for Kozza, he was first choice last season and by the looks of it this and he's been nothing short of a disaster. Hope he fucks off asap. I'd rather give Bartley or Miquel a chance

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 11:11 PM

At his age he should be getting close to his peak, right now I see very little indication of a quality defender, good players stand on their own two feet and don't rely on others to make them look good at the end of the day.

Yeh, fuck it.

He's not good enough really.

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Get back Hleb.

Well he´d probably lead us to the box, just a shot short of glory yeah.

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 11:25 PM

Um, "defenders enjoy their best footballling years between the ages of 27 and 32"

Or was it midfielders? Anyway :good:

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm pretty damn sure Djourou is gay as well. Which is fine, of course, before the politically correct crowd descend. Nothing wrong with having a bum bandit in the team unless he's a shit player, which Djourou certainly is on one count and may well be on the other too.

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm pretty damn sure Djourou is gay as well. Which is fine, of course, before the politically correct crowd descend. Nothing wrong with having a bum bandit in the team unless he's a shit player, which Djourou certainly is on one count and may well be on the other too.

Interesting. Well, Djourous face is a bit too sweet for a tough CB yes, plus if you look carefully his eyebrows are as feminine as they come. Also, probably Song is his fiancee, as they share head colour.

We only have to discern which one of the is the "Daddy".

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Beautiful and poetic.

(Unlike your face.)

My face was never poetic. More like tragic :good:

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 11:47 PM

Nah I seen him at Brent cross shopping centre a few times with his bird who by all standards is a tasty bit of crumpet

Master Splinter
29-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Song is a happily married man with roughly 34 children.

And Djourou is not gay NQ, you racist bastard.

No brothers are gay, especially ones with such fabulously striking manes.

Now piss off, you pikey cunt.

fari
29-08-2011, 11:49 PM
We let the wrong Swiss CB go. Djourou has been shite for years. Senderos had a shocking time v Drogba but other than that, he was fine for the most part. The fact he had RVN in his pocket whenever they met is a plus. As for Kozza, he was first choice last season and by the looks of it this and he's been nothing short of a disaster. Hope he fucks off asap. I'd rather give Bartley or Miquel a chance

nah kozza tried his best. commentators and all singled him out for his play. djourou was piss poor, how in the world did he let danny welbeck outmuscle him. djourou is too nice to be a CB imho, he needs to be more like vidic or terry--all kinds of elbows and pulling and tugging.

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 11:54 PM
nah kozza tried his best. commentators and all singled him out for his play. djourou was piss poor, how in the world did he let danny welbeck outmuscle him. djourou is too nice to be a CB imho, he needs to be more like vidic or terry--all kinds of elbows and pulling and tugging.

Kos isn´t that bad, in fact he´s the best partner for Vermaelen imo. And Squillaci, well, I have much more faith in him than in the orange haired one.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Rob Draper of the Mail says Arsenal's bid for Mario Götze exceeded €25m

Elreactor
30-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Rob Draper of the Mail says Arsenal's bid for Mario Götze exceeded €25m

Is this one the most exciting posts in this thread? So mysterious. Makes one feel there are people working after all, against all odds. Is Wenger going against the board?

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Chelsea cash plus player bid for Liverpool's Raul Meireles rejected http://gu.com/p/3xghf/tw via @guardian

Master Splinter
30-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Don't Dortmund want 35m euros?

Would be a great signing.

Benyanoon it is then :bow:.

WilshereourGHEL
30-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Kos performance against barcelona still brings hope he is good.

Cripps_orig
30-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Was this the first leg where thankfully Barcunt players missed chance after chance and had f all to do with Kos?Or the 2nd leg where he was shite admittedly with 9 others bar Almunia?

Cripps_orig
30-08-2011, 12:36 AM
And Dortmund has said Gotze is staying for 2 more years so we have no chance

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 12:37 AM
Why not:
http://t.co/bkWzZwH

Cripps_orig
30-08-2011, 01:04 AM
Not sure about Malouda. Can be very good on his day but at 31, how many days does he have left?

hobson's choice
30-08-2011, 01:58 AM
Good we got a good LB, he's a good player don't let the price tag full you. Now let's go get a creative CM, and a CB. So that Rosicky can never play a meaningful game for this club again, would love another CM so Ramsey can sit on the bench too, but that aint happening.:scarf:

hobson's choice
30-08-2011, 02:01 AM
Song is a happily married man with roughly 34 children.

And Djourou is not gay NQ, you racist bastard.

No brothers are gay, especially ones with such fabulously striking manes.

Now piss off, you pikey cunt.

No brothers are gay, where do you live, and I can come and live there.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-08-2011, 05:21 AM

I agree holding onto the money until January will see it shrink the same way my balls did when my mates surprised me with a rolly polly stripper!!!

I say spend it now but I canT see us getting the players we really need Yossi, would have been good if we had picked him up as a free......he has skills but there is no need for another lightweight player, unless we are getting another cheapo......the real money should be going on the M'Vilas and Cahill's etc

gunsofashburtongrove
30-08-2011, 06:01 AM
Why not:
http://t.co/bkWzZwH
Looks a good option has experience and quality not too injury prone, and will fit into our idea of wide player (capable of tippy tappy as well) and will allow a young winger like Ryo to be eased in. He is 31 though.

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 06:47 AM
39 hours

It is 1 day, 15 hours, 13 minutes, 12 seconds until Thursday, 1 September 2011

Kano
30-08-2011, 07:00 AM
Pity the cut off is 11 o'clock tonight...

Japan Shaking All Over
30-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Deadline day will be funny funny in this thread

fucking server will be doing overtime......probably stand up and walk out

Grebbo
30-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Pity the cut off is 11 o'clock tonight...

Tomorrow night.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-08-2011, 07:11 AM
He hasn't signed yet but he sounds shit to me and as has been pointed out he has an awful goalscoring record. Plus he missed that penalty.

ssssssssssssssh NQ don't let missing a PK become criteria for being shit it will start Joker off again!:ninja:

Boss
30-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Chelsea had a bid of 7M + Benayoun rejected for Meireles.

Expect him to move there eventually.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-08-2011, 07:18 AM
I'm hearing you Joker but a lot depends on the Xfactor and pop we aint got it.....especially after Sunday's comedy of errors!

in terms of appeal we are like a 10 quid pro, who has just tarted herself up again to go back out on the streets after giving 5 quids worth of head!.......in other words 'not very'

Japan Shaking All Over
30-08-2011, 07:35 AM

Everton's money problems are well documented and I agree and sure most would that Baines would be a great player.......my main worry as you mentioned they are skint and will sell for the right price but I think what we and Everton regard as the right price is very different!
If we went ahead and splashed 20 million on Baines there would be many complaining that we paid too much......for this reason I think we need to give this Santos a chance, and to move our attention now across the back 4 to CB and that is where I would try and take advantage of Everton's troubles, put in a decent bid for Jags and with Verms and Sagna already in place we could have a decent back 4.......yes I don't know about this Santos but I am sure those 4 would not have leaked fucking 8 goals.......we get Santos for the same price as Clichy so we still have a decent amount.

After buying a CB we move to the midfield and attack.....if we have money and we can free up space Dann would not be a bad back up.....better than the crap that played on Sunday, I am willing to give Kos another chance because I think he plays OK with Verms but Djouru.......fucking nora he was awful

I_Killed_Kenny
30-08-2011, 07:47 AM
who's this santos dude, anyone seem him play, how good is he? etc etc. the only clip on sky sports they show is him forearming a player in his face!

so papers have us linked with chelsea triple swoop of alex, malouda (why?) and benayoun. Alex i would take, malouda probably dont need, nor benayoun, injury prone lightweight MF but talented so we will probably get him! why are we shopping for fecking primark players!!!

Grebbo
30-08-2011, 07:58 AM
who's this santos dude, anyone seem him play, how good is he? etc etc. the only clip on sky sports they show is him forearming a player in his face!

Taken from some Brazilian posters on RedCafe:

'ton of crap', 'useless, only in the squad because he has the same agent as the manager' and 'worse than at least 5 left backs in the Brazilian league'

Sounds about right for Wenger.

Unai Tea
30-08-2011, 07:58 AM

so papers have us linked with chelsea triple swoop of alex, malouda (why?) and benayoun. Alex i would take, malouda probably dont need, nor benayoun, injury prone lightweight MF but talented so we will probably get him! why are we shopping for fecking primark players!!!

No idea who he is really other than Brazilian capped LB who replaced Roberto Carlos at Fener. I'm going to assume he's not a complete waste of space and will be comparable to Clichy.

GP
30-08-2011, 08:02 AM
No idea who he is really other than Brazilian capped LB who replaced Roberto Carlos at Fener. I'm going to assume he's not a complete waste of space and will be comparable to Clichy.

He doesn't have shit for brains and is therefore an upgrade on Clichy

Flavs
30-08-2011, 08:12 AM
feelings on us going after Alex and benayoun?

Not just the players but the fact we sem to be going around asking teams who they dont want rather than us just forcing them so sell. God we are shit at transfers

I_Killed_Kenny
30-08-2011, 08:23 AM

Not just the players but the fact we sem to be going around asking teams who they dont want rather than us just forcing them so sell. God we are shit at transfers

we got the begging bowl out it seems at the mo. please send us any cast offs. we will have a charity commercial on tv soon too!

alex am ok with, but how many year contract we gna give him, does AW abandon his over 30 rule now? how comes we are even linked with benayoun if he is over 30. dont need stop gaps, we need players in their prime now!

Marc Overmars
30-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Wouldn't mind Alex and Yossi. As we've all said no one us going to sell their best now, so deadwood is where we have to shop.

Santos looks like a done deal then. Good stuff, keep 'em coming. :good:

Grebbo
30-08-2011, 08:35 AM

My feelings on buying Chelsea's deadwood?

Embarrassing.

Shows just how far we have fallen in such a short space of time.

KSE Comedy Club
30-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Taken from some Brazilian posters on RedCafe:

Sounds about right for Wenger.

Wow, that's a credible source.

:rolleyes:

Grebbo
30-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Wow, that's a credible source.

:rolleyes:

Brazilian's who are football fans? Yeah pretty credible.

Dentonboy
30-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Expect Mertesacker to be announced today as a CB signing chaps. All over L'Equipe and Bild.

Flavs
Stoke are trying to take Romelu Lukaku on loan from Chelsea and Chelsea have offer £8mil and Benayoung to the scouse for Meireiles

Flavs
Expect Mertesacker to be announced today as a CB signing chaps. All over L'Equipe and Bild.

We love you denton!

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Tim Vickery rates Andre Santos, as an attacking force. :lol:

Flavs
30-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Tim Vickery rates Andre Santos, as an attacking force. :lol:

I thought i was going to hurt someone when i saw our team sheet for old trafford then heard we were buying a striker.

Arsenal :pal:

Dentonboy
30-08-2011, 09:09 AM
As it stands after THAT game:

Out:
Traore - £1.2m. QPR

IN: (Subject to medicals etc this end)
Park - £3m. Monaco
Andre Santos - £6.5m. Fenerbache.
Mertesacker - £9m. Werder Bremen.

Possible Outs:
Bendtner (Stoke, Sporting, Dortmund, Everton)
Almunia (No idea!)
Chamakh (PSG, Bordeaux)

Possible Ins:
Martin
M'Vila
Cahill
Arteta
Jagielka
M. Sissoko
M. Diarra (on a free transfer, but unlikely)
Benayoun
Alex
Malouda
Elia (but almost certainly off to Juventus)

Cripps_orig
30-08-2011, 09:14 AM
We've got Mertesacker