PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Two more signings please and there's a strong chance so many new players coming in will prevent Wenger and his staff from fucking them all up. They could even set a good example for the rest of the squad and the la-la crew in charge of tactics might lose control.

Marc Overmars
Sky Sources: Arsenal end their interest in Gary Cahill.

SSN Yellow ticker.

hobson's choice
:cheer:On to the next targets now, who else they got lined up

Kano
30-08-2011, 02:53 PM
christ do you not get tired of posting this shit over and over??

when you're not an arsenal fan, then no.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 02:54 PM

SSN Yellow ticker.

Wow, deal must be close then.

Flavs

oh well another one for the ever growing ignore list

Joker

FFS, how many fucking times are you going to repeat that same old tired accusation about me not being an Arsenal fan?

Kano
30-08-2011, 02:55 PM
FFS, how many fucking times are you going to repeat that same old tired accusation about me not being an Arsehole?
i def never said that!

Flavs
30-08-2011, 02:56 PM
i def never said that!

pwned tbf

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 02:57 PM

SSN Yellow ticker.

:lol:

How can they possibly know that?

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Children! This is a historic day - the Arsenal board is spending money! When your grand kids ask you, "What were you doing when that cunt PHW spent some money?", what are you going to tell them? You were arguing in a notorious Internet homosexual hangout?

The Verminator
30-08-2011, 02:59 PM

How can they possibly know that?

They may have got wind that negotiations have ceased. It could well be the case that Mertesacker + Santos are our only new defensive recruits this window.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 03:00 PM
They may have got wind that negotiations have ceased. It could well be the case that Mertesacker + Santos are our only new defensive recruits this window.

Has Samba un-signed now, FFS?

Fist of Lehmann
30-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Children! This is a historic day - the Arsenal board is spending money! When your grand kids ask you, "What were you doing when that cunt PHW spent some money?", what are you going to tell them? You were arguing in a notorious Internet homosexual hangout?All part of the joys of grandparenthood - messing with their heads.

The Verminator
30-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Has Samba un-signed now, FFS?

If we get Samba as well as the other 2 I think GW might just explode in a fountain of red and white jizz.

The Realist
30-08-2011, 03:02 PM
If we got Hazard it could well be our biggest signing ever. He already has experience playing alongside Gervinho, and we desperately need a really quality midfielder.

Imagine...

Szczesny
Fabianski

Sagna-----Mertesacker-----Vermaelen-----Santos
Jenkinson--------Koscielny----------Djourou-----------Gibbs
Miquel----------Squillaci

Song
Frimpong

Wilshere-------Hazard
Diaby---------Ramsey

Walcott-----------Van Persie-----------Gervinho
Rosicky-------------------Park-------------------Arshavin
Chamberlain---------Chamakh--------------------Ryo

Doesn't look too shabby...

We have depth in the wings, and can replace our starters with either youthful pace - Chamberlain and Ryo - or experience - Rosicky and Arshavin, who can both fill in in central midfield if needs be, as we're still looking a bit thin there.

Unai Tea
30-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Is Cahill actually that good? I keep hearing it but I've not seen it myself. He is young, up and coming and english - that much is true. But I'm not convinced he's nearly as good as everyone seems to claim he is? Is he?

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Arsenal Targets: Mertesacker: 74% Aerial dual,3.5 interceptions pg,3.4 clearances; Cahill: 63% Aerial dual,1.8 interceptions,10.7 clearances

Bremen have won only 1 of their last 7 Bundesliga games without Mertesacker (5 defeats), conceding 19 goals. Loss.

The Verminator
30-08-2011, 03:04 PM
If we got Hazard it could well be our biggest signing ever. He already has experience playing alongside Gervinho, and we desperately need a really quality midfielder.

Imagine...

Szczesny
Fabianski

Sagna-----Mertesacker-----Vermaelen-----Santos
Jenkinson--------Koscielny----------Djourou-----------Gibbs
Miquel----------Squillaci

Song
Frimpong

Wilshere-------Hazard
Diaby---------Ramsey

Walcott-----------Van Persie-----------Gervinho
Rosicky-------------------Park-------------------Arshavin
Chamberlain---------Chamakh--------------------Ryo

Doesn't look too shabby...

We have depth in the wings, and can replace our starters with either youthful pace - Chamberlain and Ryo - or experience - Rosicky and Arshavin, who can both fill in in central midfield if needs be, as we're still looking a bit thin there.

If you wipe the shit off your monitor (Squillaci), then I agree, not bad at all. :)

I feel Hazard won't be signing though unfortunately. :(

Joker
30-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Arsenal Targets: Mertesacker: 74% Aerial dual,3.5 interceptions pg,3.4 clearances; Cahill: 63% Aerial dual,1.8 interceptions,10.7 clearances

Bremen have won only 1 of their last 7 Bundesliga games without Mertesacker (5 defeats), conceding 19 goals. Loss.

You can use stats to make any player look good. There were fans who claimed Denilson was a valuable player for Arsenal because his pass completion % was high. Moreover, Cahill plays in the Premier League against teams that make more use of the long ball , and strikers who tend to be more powerful aerially than those in Germany, which partially explains why Mertersacker has a higher % aerial dual victory.

Kano
30-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Children! This is a historic day - the Arsenal board is spending money! When your grand kids ask you, "What were you doing when that cunt PHW spent some money?", what are you going to tell them? You were arguing in a notorious Internet homosexual hangout?
you make that sound like a bad thing

Boss
30-08-2011, 03:10 PM
16.06 - TWITTER TALK BBC Sport journalist David Ornstein: "Reliably informed Tottenham are interested in signing [Gary] Cahill before window shuts, and that Modric to Chelsea is dead."

ffs

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 03:12 PM
You can use stats to make any player look good. There were fans who claimed Denilson was a valuable player for Arsenal because his pass completion % was high. Moreover, Cahill plays in the Premier League against teams that make more use of the long ball , and strikers who tend to be more powerful aerially than those in Germany, which partially explains why Mertersacker has a higher % aerial dual victory.

Look, Mertesacker or Djourou? Choose quickly so I can call off the deal before the window shuts.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 03:13 PM
you make that sound like a bad thing

Don't try to put words or anything else into my mouth!

Tony Tuesdays
30-08-2011, 03:14 PM

Look, Mertesacker or Djourou? Choose quickly so I can call off the deal before the window shuts.

Lolz

Joker
30-08-2011, 03:14 PM

LOL when you put it that way it's a no brainer. But still, given the transfer funds we have available it's disappointing we had to go for the cheap option again. If Mertersacker does arrive he has start because Squillaci, Djourou and Koscielny are shocking footballers, but that's says more about our current options at the back rather than Mertersacker's supposed quality.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 03:16 PM
LOL when you put it that way it's a no brainer. But still, given the transfer funds we have available it's disappointing we had to go for the cheap option again. If Mertersacker does arrive he has start because Squillaci, Djourou and Koscielny are shocking footballers, but that's says more about our current options at the back rather than Mertersacker's supposed quality.

We are in the "Calling International Rescue" phase of the transfer window now, anything, everything, pile it on as it can only improve the shite we saw on Sunday. The Hill Wood Mob were always going to pocket a sizeable cut of the transfer income anyway.

milla
30-08-2011, 03:19 PM
If you wipe the shit off your monitor (Squillaci), then I agree, not bad at all. :)

I feel Hazard won't be signing though unfortunately. :(

The problem is, the shit is on his face not his monitor :coffee:

The Realist
30-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Wenger said we weren't going to sell Fabregas. Cesc said he was happy and never came out saying he wanted to move...

I know I'm clutching at straws but I WANT HAZARD!!!
:pray:

Japan Shaking All Over
30-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Fondle my, twat.

changed your tune?

Kano
30-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Wenger said we weren't going to sell Fabregas. Cesc said he was happy and never came out saying he wanted to move...

I know I'm clutching at straws but I WANT HAZARD!!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8682363.stm

tairygreen
30-08-2011, 03:37 PM

The skewing of numbers doesn't matter. What does is the fact that Bremen won 1 in 7 without Mertersacker.

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 03:38 PM
@Rossarsenal: I'm a bit slow but Man Utd's Park Ji Sung is Park Chu-Young's cousin.

I wonder what micheal Weston (sp?) would have to say about that (re: Wenger would never sign someone like ji sung :lol:)

The Realist
30-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Santos work permit agreed!

Daniele
30-08-2011, 03:46 PM
we could sign Afellay on loan, bid for Bastos and use him as a left winger, get Lucho Gonzalez in midfield, get Amauri on loan even though I think that up front only Park will be added.

Other ideas?

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 03:47 PM
we could sign Afellay on loan, bid for Bastos and use him as a left winger, get Lucho Gonzalez in midfield, get Amauri on loan even though I think that up front only Park will be added.

Other ideas?

Buy Rossi.

Daniele
30-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Buy Rossi.

cup tied, won't happen sorry :-( I am happy we didn't go after Santon. He'll play 2 games at Newcastle and show no grit and no commitment. Then in Jan he'll beg Italian clubs to come and get him, to which Milan will respond as they want to prove they can be better at handling him than us Inter.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 03:52 PM
cup tied, won't happen sorry :-( I am happy we didn't go after Santon. He'll play 2 games at Newcastle and show no grit and no commitment. Then in Jan he'll beg Italian clubs to come and get him, to which Milan will respond as they want to prove they can be better at handling him than us Inter.

If Villarreal go out of the Champions League (or us), I don't think he'd be cup-tied then. I mean obviously it's not going to happen but dammit, it is!

Daniele
30-08-2011, 03:53 PM
If Villarreal go out of the Champions League, I don't think he'd be cup-tied then. I mean obviously it's not going to happen but dammit, it is!

good player, not a great one. the jury is still out on him.

The Realist
30-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Anybody else find it ironic that Wenger has identified the answer to his inexperienced youth problems as Chu-Young?

:haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 03:56 PM
good player, not a great one. the jury is still out on him.

To be fair, that's applicable of most of the players you mentioned!

My court says Rossi is pretty damn good though.

Daniele
30-08-2011, 04:00 PM

you are right and if you ask me I'll go and sign him. He'd do a better job than Shitmakh and Bendy and Shava of course. That's why I'd sign him. As for others I mentioned they are not world class - at least not yet - but are good talented players who'd have been better than most of our ours in my view.

fakeyank
30-08-2011, 04:00 PM
So our CM still looks like shit with JW out. We definitely need to get someone with an iota of creativity in them to play at that position..

Rosicky is laughable and should not be playing for AFC

Arshavin will never be played in that position by AW

Marvin Martin is hopefully going to be signed!

Özim
30-08-2011, 04:02 PM

SSN Yellow ticker.
Nice one, so we sign some sh*t German and decide to give up on a quality English CB.

Maestro

Very very good player, over 30 goals last season and getting better

Daniele
So our CM still looks like shit with JW out. We definitely need to get someone with an iota of creativity in them to play at that position..

Arshavin will never be played in that position by AW

Marvin Martin is hopefully going to be signed!

I'd defo sign him. I've got the hunch that Arshavin's demise is down to the fact that we turned him into a winger and by doing so he is less involved in our play. At Zenit or in the Russian team he played behind one or two strikers. yes, he was lazy anyway but on a good day he was a world beater.

Daniele
30-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Very very good player, over 30 goals last season and getting better

I'd score 30 goals in the Spanish league! never seen Almeria or Getafe play? When in Italy he was average and was left out of the 2010 WC squad. Which was rubbish anyway :-)

Joker
30-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Nice one, so we sign some sh*t German and decide to give up on a quality English CB.

Wenger's got this strange reticence at signing established, domestic players. He's willing to fork out £12m on someone like Chamberlain, a young player from the lower divisions, but he rarely signs players from the Premiership, especially English ones.

Letters
30-08-2011, 04:08 PM

Everyone was sucking his dick last Wednesday. :unsure:

Agree we need in midfield though, we've lost the heart of our midfield and while Wilshere looks good and Ramsey showed some promise at the tail end of last season it's not enough to carry us through a season.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2011, 04:10 PM

cahill is not quality at all

Unai Tea
30-08-2011, 04:11 PM

I think Mertesacker is probably twice the player Cahill is. Cahill has done essentially fuck all except managing to be decent in a shit side and being indigenous. Why isn't he starting for England? England as a team is far more rubbish than Germany. Makes no sense to me.

Daniele
30-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Wenger's got this strange reticence at signing established, domestic players. He's willing to fork out £12m on someone like Chamberlain, a young player from the lower divisions, but he rarely signs players from the Premiership, especially English ones.

to fork out 20mil for Jagielka or 17 for a player that we could sign next season on a free would be wrong. Mertesacker has 75 caps for the German team, and we all saw how better than the English one is in the 2010 WC. I'd love England to win the WC even though I'm Italian but British players are very much overrated in England and not rated abroad.

Take Theo. You'd sell him for 30mil in the PL but in Italy, Spain or Germany teams would offer no more than 12-15mil for him.

Elreactor
30-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Are we going to sell Squid?

No point in having him around anymore.

No we´re going to sell Djourou.

Maestro

I'm not too sure how good Per is, not having watched him too many times. It won't be hard to be better than Kos and Gay Lion, so I hope he will take to the PL.

I am, however, concerned that we are not signing a tried and trusted English CB as well. There's just some shit in this league that only English defenders can deal with. Some real native nitty gritty in the heat of the battle shit.

Genuine Question GW'rs? Has a team in any of the major leagues, ever won its domestic league without a native home grown centre back?

If the answer is never, then could this be just a coincidence or is there more to this?

Daniele
I think Mertesacker is probably twice the player Cahill is. Cahill has done essentially fuck all except managing to be decent in a shit side and being indigenous. Why isn't he starting for England? England as a team is far more rubbish than Germany. Makes no sense to me.

Indeed. And last Sat he was pants at Anfield. i'm not saying he's a bad player but to say that he's better than an established German international is a bit ott

Daniele
30-08-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm not too sure how good Per is, not having watched him too many times. It won't be hard to be better than Kos and Gay Lion, so I hope he will take to the PL.

I am, however, concerned that we are not signing a tried and trusted English CB as well. There's just some shit in this league that only English defenders can deal with. Some real native nitty gritty in the heat of the battle shit.

Genuine Question GW'rs? Has a team in any of the major leagues, ever won its domestic league without a native home grown centre back?

If the answer is never, then could this be just a coincidence or is there more to this?

Mertesacker:

GOOD AT

heading
positioning
passing

LACKS
pace

If protected by our midfield he's going to make it. If not well....

Letters
30-08-2011, 04:15 PM

Tbh whether they have or not the issue right now is not whether we win the league, we just have to strengthen the squad to cling on to top 4 so I'd suggest he's probably an improvement on what we have and therefore a welcome signing. Don't have a strong opinion of him but at least I've heard of him and he's an established player rather than someone who needs an afternoon nap.

The Realist
30-08-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm sure we will also get a lot of Korean fans jumping on the Arsenal Bandwagon because of pc-YOUNG. just like how half of South Korea support Man utd because of Je-sung Park. Boosting commercial appeal.

Maestro
30-08-2011, 04:16 PM
30! Oh come off it Daniele ..you could score about 20, but not 30 no way.

I'd score 30 goals in the Spanish league! never seen Almeria or Getafe play? When in Italy he was average and was left out of the 2010 WC squad. Which was rubbish anyway :-)

Daniele
30-08-2011, 04:17 PM
30! Oh come off it Daniele ..you could score about 20, but not 30 no way.

:good:

Maestro
30-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Mods, there is a message here, shall we prepare GW to welcome an influx of Korean members?

I'm sure we will also get a lot of Korean fans jumping on the Arsenal Bandwagon because of pc-YOUNG. just like how half of South Korea support Man utd because of Je-sung Park. Boosting commercial appeal.

The Realist
30-08-2011, 04:18 PM
On returning to Korea in 2013 for military service…

Yes it is true. I don’t feel rushed [to make a mark at Arsenal]. I just feel really proud to have two and a half years at Arsenal. They are the last team I will be with before I go back to Korea from Europe. I am really happy about that. I will do my best to show what I can do in the next two and half years.
Nooooooooooooooooooo

Source
http://news.arseblog.com/2011/08/park-i-will-return-to-korea-in-2013-for-military-service/

Unai Tea
30-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Indeed. And last Sat he was pants at Anfield. i'm not saying he's a bad player but to say that he's better than an established German international is a bit ott

No, I agree. I'm not suggesting Cahill is rubbish but he's somehow transmogrofied from being a pretty decent, up and coming player into a club saving footballing Jesus through being english, largely available and constant media cock sucking. To suggest that somehow he's miles away better than Mertesacker seems ignorant and cuntish to me. Cahill was rubbish against liverpool but that defense was a conflagration of burning shite to which he was only a part contributor.

Letters
30-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Mods, there is a message here, shall we prepare GW to welcome an influx of Korean members?

I'll get Jofnn working on translating the site just in case.

Maestro
30-08-2011, 04:22 PM
In that case I'm sold, definately much much better than what we have that's for sure.

Mertesacker:

GOOD AT

heading
positioning
passing

LACKS
pace

If protected by our midfield he's going to make it. If not well....

Alpha
30-08-2011, 04:22 PM
I find it strange people comparing Per Mertesacker , a proven defender at the highest level ( having playing in a top team like Germany against top strikers in the world cup ) to Cahill who has not proven anything yet .
People talk about pace but you don't necessarily need to have pace to be a good player . Many have no pace and are very good and some have pace and let people down .
i think personally this move should be welcome after our last disaster .

Daniele
30-08-2011, 04:23 PM
No, I agree. I'm not suggesting Cahill is rubbish but he's somehow transmogrofied from being a pretty decent, up and coming player into a club saving footballing Jesus through being english, largely available and constant media cock sucking. To suggest that somehow he's miles away better than Mertesacker seems ignorant and cuntish to me. Cahill was rubbish against liverpool but that defense was a conflagration of burning shite to which he was only a part contributor.

there's the same problem here in Italy, If an Italian player has a couple of good games or a good season the media - the cocksuckers - try to big him up, and he becomes available for 20million euros even if he has proven fuck all.

Maestro
30-08-2011, 04:23 PM
I've got the exclusive right to sell hot dogs here in that case, I'll start preparing my stand.

I'll get Jofnn working on translating the site just in case.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooo

Source
http://news.arseblog.com/2011/08/park-i-will-return-to-korea-in-2013-for-military-service/

This is a totally waste of space nonsense signing, the guy will do fuck all and then he'll fuck off. Signed to sell shirts, so we still need a striker. But the Brazilian guy and the German will do provide we get the striker, another CB and a decent midfielder. If we do that it's been an acceptable window, given the circumstances, but if not then we are still one injury away from Kos and JD starting and we'll still be relying 100% on a 19 year old kid to stay fit and run the team. That won't work out. 3 more signings please.

Daniele
30-08-2011, 04:24 PM
In that case I'm sold, definately much much better than what we have that's for sure.

Defo. But who's NOT better than Djourou?

Letters
30-08-2011, 04:25 PM

The shit German with 75 appearances for Germany and you'd rather have an English bloke who can't even get into the England side most of the time.
And frankly, England are shit. He's played for Villa and Bolton and been on loan at Burnley and Sheffield Utd. Strangely the cream of European football haven't been clamouring for his signing. He's 25, not some kid, if he was that special a better side than Bolton would have bought him by now.

Boss
30-08-2011, 04:27 PM
to fork out 20mil for Jagielka or 17 for a player that we could sign next season on a free would be wrong. Mertesacker has 75 caps for the German team, and we all saw how better than the English one is in the 2010 WC. I'd love England to win the WC even though I'm Italian but British players are very much overrated in England and not rated abroad.

Take Theo. You'd sell him for 30mil in the PL but in Italy, Spain or Germany teams would offer no more than 12-15mil for him.

No team has ever won the English league without an English backbone.

For 17M we'd have gotten Cahill and Parker, adds some solid experience and know-how.

A player isn't overpriced if he gives you what you need for a price you can afford.

Niall_Quinn
The shit German with 75 appearances for Germany and you'd rather have an English bloke who can't even get into the England side most of the time.
And frankly, England are shit. He's played for Villa and Bolton and been on loan at Burnley and Sheffield Utd. Strangely the cream of European football haven't been clamouring for his signing. He's 25, not some kid, if he was that special a better side than Bolton would have bought him by now.

Rather have both - somebody make it happen please!

Daniele

England players are sought after and overpaid only in England. Guess why?

Daniele
30-08-2011, 04:28 PM

For 17M we'd have gotten Cahill and Parker, adds some solid experience and know-how.

A player isn't overpriced if he gives you what you need for a price you can afford.

In 2004 the only English player we had was Campbell. Great but no British backbone.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 04:29 PM

Parker is there to be nicked off the spuds, CL footie being the lure so we'd win that one and piss 'arry off in the process. JW and Parker, makes a lot of sense. The guy brings as much commitment as Jack, knows the league, would be cheap, don't know why it wasn't done weeks ago. Some sort of football snobbery going on probably.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2011, 04:30 PM

This don't see the fuss over Cahill at all tbh. Nah he is deffo not worth more then 16 Milllion tbh. let arry pay over the odds for him if he wants too.

Boss
30-08-2011, 04:31 PM

Which league do we play in?

Letters
30-08-2011, 04:31 PM

I'm taking a wild stab here but is it 'cos our media massively over-hype them and they're not actually that good?
Plus there's the 'home grown' rule.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 04:32 PM
In 2004 the only English player we had was Campbell. Great but no British backbone.

You could also say Chelsea have won it with Lampard and Terry but not much else, English wise. Granted they spent a shedload on other players then. :lol:

Anyway, realistically winning the title is not our target at the moment. In theory it is but with such a huge turnover of personnel, it's pretty damn hard to recover it all in one season.

Niall_Quinn

Because they grow up playing the unique type of football common to England. 100mph, limited technically, bleed for the cause, all that shit but that's the way it is nonetheless. So they aren't valued in Europe maybe, but they are extremely valuable in England or else nobody would pay the prices. You can't say something is overpriced if it always sells. We should definitely have more English players in the defence, it's just the smart move.

Letters

We had Cole too. And Keown but he didn't play that much I don't think.
And Parlour.

But I agree it was hardly a backbone, the attack, most of the midfield and half of the defence and 'keeper were foreign.

Daniele
I'm taking a wild stab here but is it 'cos our media massively over-hype them and they're not actually that good?
Plus there's the 'home grown' rule.

It's the same here in Italy. They have bigged up Ranocchia and Bonucci for instance, two Italian CBs who have proven nothing at all. It's the same everywhere.

Boss
30-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Had Cole as well. Not to mention that we had a truckload of players who weren't English but were suited to the league (Vieira, Pires, Henry, Bergkamp, Gilberto, Edu etc).

Now we have little of either.

Daniele
30-08-2011, 04:34 PM
We had Cole too. And Keown but he didn't play that much I don't think.
And Parlour.

But I agree it was hardly a backbone, the attack, most of the midfield and half of the defence and 'keeper were foreign.

oh sorry I forgot Cole, who was magnificent back them. Right. I'm not against English players and I'd sign Parker for instance but to say that Cahill is a great Cb and Mertesacker mediocre is far from the truth. Cahill is decent, Mertesacker is good, Campbell in 2004 was great.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 04:35 PM

It's not so much the amount of goals, although that helps, it's the way he plays and to a greater extent, how Villarreal play. It's perfect for us really. As for the quality of the defending, well only 18 of those goals were in La Liga, about 11 or so were in Europe. Also, I'm not really sure how much better the defending on the whole over here is in comparison to Spain.

Of course, Barcelona and Real Madrid hammer most teams more than convincingly but that has been the case when they have faced English teams too!

Daniele
30-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Had Cole as well. Not to mention that we had a truckload of players who weren't English but were suited to the league (Vieira, Pires, Henry, Bergkamp, Gilberto, Edu etc).

Now we have little of either.

Oh come on, how many times have we said that Gilb was too lightweight in midfield and do you remember Bergkamp's first ten games? needed time to adapt.

GunnerFan4Life
30-08-2011, 04:42 PM
AW is in Souchaux apparently? - twitter

Marvin Martin :pray:

Boss
30-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Oh come on, how many times have we said that Gilb was too lightweight in midfield and do you remember Bergkamp's first ten games? needed time to adapt.

Which is fine if you have players used to the league that can carry you while you do so.

We don't.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Revista is on Sky Sports soon, I'll quote any (important) piece of Balague transfer bollocks in here when he says it. Which he surely will.

Coney
30-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Of course, Barcelona and Real Madrid hammer most teams more than convincingly but that has been the case when they have faced English teams too!

I wonder how much of that is the success factor. When players are used to winning and scoring, they take on a certain air of confidence that seems to make them shot even better. Manu is a case in point, in that a lot of their players didn't seem that good but once they have played in a winning team they themselves then become winners. By contrast, our players who have not won are more tentative on their shooting. This is why it might be that had we won the CC last year we just might have had the boost that would have tipped things more in our favour over the rest of the season, rather than, perhaps, after conceding to Birmingham, the players have that 'here we go again feeling' just as the supporters have.

Since Barca and Real are used to hammering in the goals, albeit possibly against what might be considered lesser defences in the Spanish league, as they start their CL matches, they are still in the mindset that when they get near the goal, their shots are so likely to go in they relax and just get on with it, whereas our guys tense up and snatch at it (when they can be arsed to shoot rather than pass, that is).

fakeyank
30-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Everyone was sucking his dick last Wednesday. :unsure:

Agree we need in midfield though, we've lost the heart of our midfield and while Wilshere looks good and Ramsey showed some promise at the tail end of last season it's not enough to carry us through a season.

Everyone but me. I have been on his case since 2007. He is a huge liability and it was astonishing to see AW give him a new deal. May be put in 3-4 very good performances in an Arsenal shirt but was classed as world class by many on GW :lol:
Should be held by the ear and led out of Emirates.. he can take some of his buddies like Gibbs and Diaby along with him too!

fakeyank
30-08-2011, 04:50 PM
No team has ever won the English league without an English backbone.For 17M we'd have gotten Cahill and Parker, adds some solid experience and know-how.

Mate, we aint in the business of winning leagues, we in the business of actually staying in the PL....

And selling houses!

Daniele
30-08-2011, 04:50 PM
I wonder how much of that is the success factor. When players are used to winning and scoring, they take on a certain air of confidence that seems to make them shot even better. Manu is a case in point, in that a lot of their players didn't seem that good but once they have played in a winning team they themselves then become winners. By contrast, our players who have not won are more tentative on their shooting. This is why it might be that had we won the CC last year we just might have had the boost that would have tipped things more in our favour over the rest of the season, rather than, perhaps, after conceding to Birmingham, the players have that 'here we go again feeling' just as the supporters have.

Since Barca and Real are used to hammering in the goals, albeit possibly against what might be considered lesser defences in the Spanish league, as they start their CL matches, they are still in the mindset that when they get near the goal, their shots are so likely to go in they relax and just get on with it, whereas our guys tense up and snatch at it (when they can be arsed to shoot rather than pass, that is).

don't know. In 2000 Man Utd won the league by 18 points but failed to confirm their CL title. The ayear after that, they thrashed us wh ich got second in the league by 6-1 but again failed to deliver in the CL. The Pl has improvd a loto since then. You may be right in terms that Barça rest when playing Getafe or Zaragoza so they are fresher than Italian or English teams which have to grind out results even at lowly Wolves and Cesena.

Daniele
30-08-2011, 04:52 PM
we are after Vargas:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7139142,00.html

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 04:55 PM

That could play some part in it, it is true. Obviously in Barcelona's case they have the benefit from many of the players having grown up together and already learnt where to play the ball and when, where it might take other sides years of first team action to even begin to reach that point. Barcelona do also have the benefit from what I said before but also the speed they can play the game at, across all areas of the pitch. And they have Messi and Iniesta who make space from dribbling almost at will.

Going back to what you say though, the composure in someone like Thiago (who has barely featured in the first team) when it comes to shooting is in stark contrast to the composure some of our players have.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 04:56 PM
we are after Vargas:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7139142,00.html

Weren't they one of the gangs in GTA San Andreas?

The Realist
30-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Not sure why we don't just swoop Scotty Parker, I'm sure he would like to play for the Mighty Gunners, tis better than Tottenham anyway

Daniele
30-08-2011, 04:57 PM
McNulty on the bbc: Newcastle night just have got themselves a rather good deal by signing Davide Santon.

If he had been watching him over the last 2 years he wouldn't say so.

Super Ghel
30-08-2011, 04:58 PM
This is a totally waste of space nonsense signing, the guy will do fuck all and then he'll fuck off. Signed to sell shirts, so we still need a striker. But the Brazilian guy and the German will do provide we get the striker, another CB and a decent midfielder. If we do that it's been an acceptable window, given the circumstances, but if not then we are still one injury away from Kos and JD starting and we'll still be relying 100% on a 19 year old kid to stay fit and run the team. That won't work out. 3 more signings please.

FFS give the lad a chance will ya? He’s already an upgrade cos there’s no way your beloved Shitmakh can do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyWotWW5xPo

And if he turns out to be any good, we can send Chamakh to do his military service instead where he’ll have no choice but learn to shoot.

Tipsychubbs
30-08-2011, 04:59 PM
get Lucho Gonzalez in midfield

Other ideas?

This is the guy I want. 6ft, all rounder who can also tackle, a leader, versatile enough to play AMF or CMF, experienced. He'd be a very good signing.

Daniele
30-08-2011, 04:59 PM
And if he turns out to be any good, we can send Chamakh to do his military service instead where he’ll have no choice but learn to shoot.[/QUOTE]

I'd send Chamakh to do his military service in Lybia. Now.

Daniele
30-08-2011, 05:00 PM
This is the guy I want. 6ft, all rounder who can also tackle, a leader, versatile enough to play AMF or CMF, experienced. He'd be a very good signing.

quite cheap as well. 6-7 millions no more. Go and get him.

Asthmatic Kitty
30-08-2011, 05:08 PM
And if he turns out to be any good, we can send Chamakh to do his military service instead where he’ll have no choice but learn to shoot.

Tipsychubbs
30-08-2011, 05:13 PM

I think AW was planning to use joel campbell as back up but as soon as he knew the work permit wasn't going to happen, opportunistically swooped for this guy. Campbell should be clear by then anyway.

The Realist
30-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Vargas: 6ft tall, 27 years old, Captain, yes please! I'm liking how we seem to be after captains all of a sudden, Wenger may finally have learnt that we need more leaders on the pitch

gunsofashburtongrove
30-08-2011, 05:32 PM

So he is a Statinho replacement. Very versatile signing.

Edinburgh Gooner
30-08-2011, 06:04 PM
1600 FOOTBALL: BBC Sport understands Blackburn Rovers have made an inquiry for Birmingham City defender Scott Dann.

If this is true could Samba be on his way to us too??

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Revista is on Sky Sports soon, I'll quote any (important) piece of Balague transfer bollocks in here when he says it. Which he surely will.

Nothing at all. :lol: Just surprise that nobody has tried to buy Soldado from Valencia.

WengerISaLizard
30-08-2011, 06:05 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/30/article-2031771-0DA2B28000000578-689_468x347.jpg

GunnerFan4Life
30-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Tommorow better be a good day for Arsenal...

Sirjackofwilshere
30-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Talk of ChamKh going and Bendtner staying....would be excellent bit of business tbh

Flavs
30-08-2011, 07:01 PM
1600 FOOTBALL: BBC Sport understands Blackburn Rovers have made an inquiry for Birmingham City defender Scott Dann.

If this is true could Samba be on his way to us too??

nope they did lose one great big, bleached haired, hillbilly dont forget

Flavs
30-08-2011, 07:02 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/08/30/article-2031771-0DA2B28000000578-689_468x347.jpg

Handsome guy, but what the fuck are his knuckles doing on the ball finger????

Ironing
30-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Handsome guy, but what the fuck are his knuckles doing on the ball finger????

Look at his pinky, it's tiny / deformed

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Arsenal's French-based scout Giles Grimandi has confirmed the three signings of Chu-Young Park, Andre Santos & Per Mertesacker.

4 Senior players signed, we need to sign 2 more just to stand still. 3 more of real quality to improve.

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 07:22 PM
So he is a Statinho replacement. Very versatile signing.
A statinho who is 6ft 6 tall, a euro 2008 finalist, and a leader, not a liability (we hope).

Joker
30-08-2011, 07:24 PM
So players out:

Cesc
Nasri
Denilson
Eboue
Vela
Traore

Players in:

Chamberlain
Jenkinson
Gervinho
Santos
Mertersacker
Young

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 07:39 PM
So players out:

Cesc
Nasri
Denilson
Eboue
Vela
Traore

Players in:

Chamberlain
Jenkinson
Gervinho
Santos
Mertersacker
Young

That's not too bad really. It's just the quality that has gone with Cesc and Nasri which is the main problem.

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Your missing clichy, JET, Bendtner and Squlliaci (leaving) .

Also
@arsenalreport: Including today's three new signings, Arsenal have added a total of 12 new players to the squad this season, for a total of £37.561m.

Truth is, the only ones that matter are the ones over 21, of which there are 4 so far.

GP
30-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Clichy out too.

Syn
30-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Assuming we get all those "Ins" finalised, it'll be very disappointing not to sign a very good central midfielder tomorrow (we actually need two but y'know...). Very disappointing and typical.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Out:

Cesc (inevitable, wish we got a decent fee though)
Nasri (glad the cunt has gone)
Denilson (this is like a new signing for us)
Eboue (another bonus loss)
Vela (need to find another +1 striker)
Traore (got rid of him in the nick of time)

In:

Chamberlain (no idea)
Jenkinson (will be just fine if he's on the pitch with decent and experienced defenders)
Gervinho (hints of a dangerous partnership with Theo)
Santos (no idea but we need somebody, has to be better then Traore and less injury prone than Gibbs)
Mertersacker (Djourou out - can only be a good thing)
Young (lots of shirt sales in Asia, weird fingers which is something we've been missing in the squad)
Schweinsteiger (pure quality, we've needed a dynamic player like this for a long time, chuffed to bits with this signing)

Edinburgh Gooner
30-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Right, just to recap on todays events. We have signed 3 PLAYERS (I will reserve judgement until at least 10 games have been played each) for an estimated total of £20 million. We had approx £80 million in the kitty from supposed reserves and sales. So in my book that leaves £60 million approximately to either spunk on at least one marquee signing and a shed load of hookers for PHW and his cronies or we have £60 million to spunk on a shed load of hookers for PHW and his cronies.....

hymppi
Skysports.com understands Per Mertesacker has passed a medical and agreed personal terms with Arsenal.

The giant Werder Bremen centre-back is in London ahead of what is reportedly a £10million transfer on a three-year contract.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger turned his attention to Mertesacker, who has entered the final year of his contract in Germany, after deciding Bolton's Gary Cahill was too expensive.

The move comes in the wake of Sunday's 8-2 humiliation at Manchester United, which convinced Wenger of the need to strengthen his defence.

Mertesacker, 26, has already made 75 appearances for Germany and will therefore bring vast experience with him to Emirates Stadium.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7139349,00.html?

Syn
Young (lots of shirt sales in Asia, weird fingers which is something we've been missing in the squad)

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Right, just to recap on todays events. We have signed 3 PLAYERS (I will reserve judgement until at least 10 games have been played each) for an estimated total of £20 million. We had approx £80 million in the kitty from supposed reserves and sales. So in my book that leaves £60 million approximately to either spunk on at least one marquee signing and a shed load of hookers for PHW and his cronies or we have £60 million to spunk on a shed load of hookers for PHW and his cronies.....

Swarm of rent boys spotted at the Emirates...

Edinburgh Gooner
30-08-2011, 07:46 PM
out:

nasri (glad the cunt has gone)
denilson (this is like a new signing for us)
eboue (another bonus loss)
vela (need to find another +1 striker)
traore (got rid of him in the nick of time)

in:

Schweinsteiger (pure quality, we've needed a dynamic player like this for a long time, chuffed to bits with this signing)

pmsl!!!!

Edinburgh Gooner
30-08-2011, 07:46 PM

Oh NQ!!!!!! That was rather spit yer food at the screen style posting.

hymppi
30-08-2011, 07:47 PM
what the...? when have we signed bastian???? :dunce:

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Oh NQ!!!!!! That was rather spit yer food at the screen style posting.

Relax, they failed their medicals.

Kano
30-08-2011, 07:49 PM

first one in the net...

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 07:49 PM

What are you implying???

hymppi
30-08-2011, 07:51 PM
:sulk:

Edinburgh Gooner
30-08-2011, 07:52 PM

Alot of folks round here would like that statement to be true of Mertesacker, Young and yon brazillian dude.

Munchies
30-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Skysports stating that we're interested in Juan Vargas for £12mill .

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7139142,00.html

Looks like a top player on youtube, better than the dross we have now ! :pray:
Good at set-pieces / dead ball situations.
Experienced at 27.
Good feet and control .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFn6VG-Ebqg

Edinburgh Gooner
30-08-2011, 08:12 PM
2026: FOOTBALL: Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere tweets: "On the last day of the transfer window I have decided that I would like to move..from the physio room back on the Emirates pitch please!"

Does this mean he is excited by the new signings, or that he needs to get back asap to stop the slump..........

GP
30-08-2011, 08:14 PM
2026: FOOTBALL: Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere tweets: "On the last day of the transfer window I have decided that I would like to move..from the physio room back on the Emirates pitch please!"

Does this mean he is excited by the new signings, or that he needs to get back asap to stop the slump..........

It means he's off to City.

Marc Overmars
30-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Really hoping for a midfielder (or 2) tomorrow. Some good business done today but we're so light in midfield now it's one area of the squad that absolutley needs replenishing.

If we do that, I'd say it's been a good effort to rebuild the squad after the mass exodous. Whilst I think this season is probably going to be a bit so so, if we can get these players settled and GHELing gelling together, then I feel we can look forward to a different and hopefully better future in terms of what we see on the pitch.

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 08:24 PM

Experienced at 27.
Good feet and control .

12 goals in 80 appearances? :S

Ironing
30-08-2011, 08:25 PM

So our players have to beg to be let out of the physio room. I finally see what's been happening here all along...

GunnerFan4Life
30-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Everytime i read Bryan Swansons tweets i read them in my head with his voice :lol:

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Chamakh to go on loan, Bendtner may be staying...

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Phillipe Auclair on Talksport saying Marvin will move tomorrow, creative CM, nicknamed little xavi, will be a good player for us via @dancompton

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Possible Outs still: Chamackh (loan), NB52 (sale or stay), Lansbury (sale), Sanchez-Watt (sale), Aneke (loan), Almunia (disappeared) via @DarrenArsenal1

The Wengerbabies
30-08-2011, 08:54 PM

Bedtner :lol:

He was so adamant he was leaving but no one wants him :(

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Phillipe Auclair on Talksport saying Marvin will move tomorrow, creative CM, nicknamed little xavi, will be a good player for us

Jesus, how small is he?

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 09:03 PM

TBF, +52k a week is a bit much.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 09:05 PM

Chamakh is shit, Bendtner is pants. This is our problem getting rid of them, we have to go in a room and ask how much will people pay us for a pair of shitty pants. A very tough sell.

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 09:13 PM
@YoungGunsBlog: Unconfirmed reports in Costa Rica that Joel Campbell has joined Ligue One club Lorient on loan for the season.

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 09:16 PM
http://www.ashburtongrove.co.uk/2011/08/grimandi-confirms-deals-for.html?

Speaking to Canal Plus tonight, the former defender defended the Arsenal manager and said he is ready to fight on.

Grimandi said:
"Arsène Wenger is a experienced man. He can endure the pressure on him. He's ready to fight."
He told the programme:
"Park is official, the others I don't know (smiling). Anyway, we were working before on all the files. Defeat against Manchester United has accelerated the move, but we were working a lot before that.
"There is no guarantee a player will start starter at any top teams today, so new players will have to fight to for their place.
"Our financial health can provide us to be effective in transfer market, but we cannot compete with clubs like City.
"The boss did very well to secure the club £24m for Nasri. It is one of the great financial move of Premier League.
"Each player who left Arsenal was at their top. But now, it's hard to compete and keep our promising players. But our club is financially secured for the next ten years."

The Wengerbabies
30-08-2011, 09:20 PM
This would be good

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is reviving his interest in Schalke striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

The Holland international has been a long-term target for Wenger and Mediaset says the Gunners manager is now ready to bring the striker to London.

Schalke would entertain a swap involving Nicklas Bendtner.

Asked about his situation last night, Huntelaar admitted: "Anything is possible."

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/10150399/arsenal-boss-wenger-revives-schalke-striker-huntelaar/

99.9% sure its bull though

Sirjackofwilshere
30-08-2011, 09:25 PM
According to my sources we're after another CB, 2 mids (M'vila and Martin) and a striker

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Anyway, we were working before on all the files. Defeat against Manchester United has accelerated the move, but we were working a lot before that.

So if we hadn't got murdered by Utd we would have done these deals tomorrow instead of today?

Some strange shit coming out of the club right now. Sounds like they were all set to hang on to the money until Utd showed them up.

cheesy bites
30-08-2011, 09:27 PM
According to my sources we're after another CB, 2 mids (M'vila and Martin) and a striker

If we get all those (and they're decent) I'll eat my hat.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 09:28 PM

Who is your source? GP? He's hardly ever serious, especially about transfer dealings.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 09:29 PM
If we get all those (and they're decent) I'll eat my hat.

What sort of hat do you have?

cheesy bites
30-08-2011, 09:30 PM

A dirty great big one. I'll eat your hat too if you like.

The Wengerbabies
So if we hadn't got murdered by Utd we would have done these deals tomorrow instead of today?

Some strange shit coming out of the club right now. Sounds like they were all set to hang on to the money until Utd showed them up.

Did you expect any less?

The only positive to being catastrophically raped tbh.

Bergkampwonderland10
Chamakh is shit, Bendtner is pants. This is our problem getting rid of them, we have to go in a room and ask how much will people pay us for a pair of shitty pants. A very tough sell.

Hilarious!

The Wengerbabies
30-08-2011, 09:31 PM

Arsene Wengers magic, he wears a magic hat and when he saw the Championship he said we'll be in that

cheesy bites
30-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Is every big name, non-first XI player going to be linked with us from now until the deadline?

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Is every big name, non-first XI player going to be linked with us from now until the deadline?

Peter Crouch has no definite plans to be linked with us.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2011, 09:37 PM
This would be good

99.9% sure its bull though

Zimm would cum in his pants if that were true

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Speculation: Reports in Spain suggest Granada are in talks with Arsenal over the loan signing of Marouane Chamakh.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 09:42 PM

Standard no refund, no return clause please!

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Standard no refund, no return clause please!

Your shit and you know you are(Chamackh not you NQ)

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 09:51 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/30/arsene-wenger-mertesacker-arsenal

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Zimm would cum in his pants if that were true

Huntelaar is just a journeyman now. :lol:

GunnerFan4Life
30-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Sagna - verm - mertesacker - santos

I like. Now get more players AW!

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 10:11 PM
It is 0 days, 23 hours, 49 minutes, 23 seconds
until Thursday, 1 September 2011

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 10:12 PM
How many times will 'big, big developments' be said on SSN?

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 10:15 PM
How many times will 'big, big developments' be said on SSN?
http://watermarked.cutcaster.com/cutcaster-photo-100012934-Dinosaur-Watching-TV.jpg

SSN is pointless tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 10:19 PM
http://watermarked.cutcaster.com/cutcaster-photo-100012934-Dinosaur-Watching-TV.jpg

SSN is pointless tbh.

This is true. Having said that, it's the only dedicated transfer giddiness channel available. GW is more entertaining though of a closing transfer window.

Edinburgh Gooner
30-08-2011, 10:22 PM
This is true. Having said that, it's the only dedicated transfer giddiness channel available. GW is more entertaining though of a closing transfer window.

I'm looking forward to catching up on th edays madness as i did this evening when I got in. I'm sure the last 5 and half ours of the window are gonna be a hoot.

WengerISaLizard
30-08-2011, 10:23 PM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/9668769.jpg

AKBapologist
30-08-2011, 10:25 PM
TBH http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23afc

Marc Overmars
30-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Less than 24 hours to go.

Come on a midfield signing. :pray:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2011, 10:32 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/aug/30/stan-kroenke-arsenal

WengerISaLizard
30-08-2011, 10:34 PM
"He’ll shoot, He’ll score, He’ll eat your Labrador, Park chu Young!

Keith
30-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Could Samba/Cahill also join, and one of the others be loaned out.

Midfielder or two please Mr Wenger.

So this is what it feels like to be a City fan but with lesser known players and a budget 10% of theirs.

Edinburgh Gooner
30-08-2011, 10:36 PM
"He’ll shoot, He’ll score, He’ll eat your Labrador, Park chu Young!

GunnerFan4Life
30-08-2011, 10:36 PM
It sounds like we're all pleased with the signings so far. If we can make the right signings tommorow then we all have so much to look forward to even if we don't win the title, as long as we give a real go :scarf:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2011, 10:38 PM
It sounds like we're all pleased with the signings so far. If we can make the right signings tommorow then we all have so much to look forward to even if we don't win the title, as long as we give a real go :scarf:

I think people are happy that the board/ Aw have finally seen the light but also we can enjoy transfer deadline day for once.

Lets hope we do some good deals tommrow.

GunnerFan4Life
30-08-2011, 10:40 PM
We even bidded for Goetze :O I still can't believe we would do that. Why not get hazard with that money PLEASE WENGER.

GunnerFan4Life
30-08-2011, 10:42 PM
And i'll say once more, FIFA12 is gonna be fun as i'm bored of playing with the same arsenal squad for years :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Arsenal (http://www.goal.com/en/teams/england/94/arsenal) are preparing to shatter their transfer record by lodging a £25 million (€28m) bid to prise Yann M'Vila (http://www.goal.com/en/people/france/34153/yann-mvila) from Rennes (http://www.goal.com/en/teams/france/77/rennes) on deadline day, Goal.com can reveal.

The France international is Arsene Wenger's principal target in the last hours of the window and the manager is increasingly confident he can deliver a signing that would be a huge statement of intent.

Arsenal have already had a £22m (€24.8m) offer for the midfield anchorman rejected but sources have told Goal.com they will make another concerted attempt to sign the 21-year-old.

Officials have been locked in negotiations with Rennes on Tuesday and the two clubs are getting closer to reaching an agreement.

Wenger himself was in France, although he will return to London to take training with the non internationals on Wednesday, after Arsenal were given two days off following their 8-2 humiliation at Manchester United.

Goal.com understands that M'Vila is the main priority for Arsenal after a whirlwind 24 hours in which they have completed the signing of South Korea captain Park Chu-Young for an initial £3m (€3.4m) fee and reached agreements to buy defensive duo Per Mertesacker and Andre Santos for a combined £14.1m (€16m).

The Germany centre-back and Brazil left-back both underwent medicals on Tuesday and are expected to finalise their moves shortly.

Wenger is still in the market for another experienced centre-back, although, as Goal.com revealed earlier on Tuesday, he has cooled his interest in Gary Cahill, Phil Jagielka and Scott Dann.

Arsenal have also made an enquiry for Fulham's (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/#) Clint Dempsey but have not yet opened talks on a possible deal for the player valued at £10m (€11.2m by his club).

With the window due to shut by 11pm on Wednesday, sources regard defensive midfield and centre-back signings as more likely.

M'Vila is contracted to Rennes until 2015 but Arsenal believe there is a strong will on the player's behalf to follow what is a well trodden path from Ligue 1 to the Emirates Stadium.

The French club are believed to be holding out for £30m (€33.8m) but Arsenal are hopeful an agreement can be reached on a £25m (€28m deal).

Wenger has received excellent reports on the qualities of M'Vila and his ability to bring greater steel to a midfield that has been found sorely lacking in that department in their opening three Premier League fixtures of the season.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/08/30/2643569/arsenal-prepare-club-record-25m-deadline-day-bid-to-land

From goal.com so probs rubbish but

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2011, 10:44 PM
We even bidded for Goetze :O I still can't believe we would do that. Why not get hazard with that money PLEASE WENGER.

He said he is staying in lille but if TV5 can persuade his cousin to come, maybe he will.

Marc Overmars
30-08-2011, 10:44 PM
I think people are happy that the board/ Aw have finally seen the light but also we can enjoy transfer deadline day for once.

Lets hope we do some good deals tommrow.

Not sure about seeing the light. They would have looked utterly stupid had they not bought after Sundays embarrassment. Some of these deals could surely have been done weeks ago? But that was the waiting period of course.

You're right about enjoying deadline day for a change though.

Marc Overmars
30-08-2011, 10:46 PM
If M'Vila doesn't happen, cheeky 20m bid for Fellaini tbh.

KSE Comedy Club
30-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Also there are some rumours on twitter that Dojo may be on his way out with Alex or someone else coming in.

Interesting times indeed.

KSE Comedy Club
30-08-2011, 10:49 PM
I reckon tomorrow will definately yield M'vila and Martin and maybe a couple more surprises :good:

What an amazing 24 hours this could turn out to be!!!!

GunnerFan4Life
30-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Its almost guaranteed that we're not gonna be dissapointed from the sounds of things tommorow.

GunnerFan4Life
30-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Just hope things don't fuck up...

GunnerFan4Life
30-08-2011, 11:01 PM
iTz_Renato Renato! :
Arsene Wenger has always had Eden Hazard at the top of his list and the Belgian forward has told Lille he wants to quit

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2011, 11:06 PM
I thought he said he wanted to stay? :wacko:

Tipsychubbs
30-08-2011, 11:09 PM
And i'll say once more, PES 2012 is gonna be fun as i'm bored of playing with the same arsenal squad for years :bow:

Fixed.

GunnerFan4Life
30-08-2011, 11:12 PM
I thought he said he wanted to stay? :wacko:

Speculation.

Edinburgh Gooner
30-08-2011, 11:20 PM
An Arsenal supporters' group named 'Where Has Our Arsenal Gone?' have paid for a billboard near Emirates and are planning a protest to the club's board at the match against Swansea on Saturday week.
Full story: Daily Mirror

lol

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Arsenal are preparing to break their transfer record with a £25m bid for French international Yann M'Vila, the 21-year-old Rennes holding midfielder.
Full story: Goal.Com

Napoli midfielder Marek Hamsik could be on Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger's wish list, according to reports, as the Gunners seek to try and replace Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.
Full story: Caught Offside

Wenger has also reportedly enquired about Everton's Mikel Arteta and Marouane Fellaini as the rumours surrounding transfers at Arsenal reach fever pitch.

Tottenham have emerged as favourites to sign Bolton centre-back Gary Cahill after Arsenal pulled out of the running, and the Lilywhites are planning to offer cash plus Sebastien Bassong and David Bentley, although the Trotters are thought to want a cash-only deal.

Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra, a long-term target for Tottenham, is thought likely to join AC Milan on a season-long loan instead.
Full story: talkSPORT

Tottenham and Fulham are monitoring Inter Milan midfielder Sulley Muntari, according to reports.

Stoke could turn their attention to Liverpool striker David N'gog if Spurs forward Peter Crouch continues to reject their attempts to bring him to the Britannia Stadium.

Liverpool are rumoured to be planning a bid for Tottenham's Croatian duo Vedran Corluka and Niko Kranjcar.

Reds boss Kenny Dalglish could be prepared to negotiate a swap deal with Chelsea for midfielder Raul Meireles, but only if striker Daniel Sturridge and not former player Yossi Benayoun is the player to move to Anfield.
Full story: Metro

Come on AW bid for this guy pool don't need him.
Chelsea have agreed a £20m deal to sign Porto wing-back Alvaro Pereira.

Blackburn are rumoured to be favourites to sign Birmingham defender Scott Dann, despite interest from other Premier League clubs. Full story: talkSPORT

OTHER GOSSIP
An Arsenal supporters' group named 'Where Has Our Arsenal Gone?' have paid for a billboard near Emirates and are planning a protest to the club's board at the match against Swansea on Saturday week.

Arsenal's new striker Chu Young-Park has described his move as a 'dream' after completing his £3m switch from Monaco.
Full story: talkSPORT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm

BBC gossip collum

WengerISaLizard
30-08-2011, 11:25 PM
And i'll say once more, FIFA12 is gonna be fun as i'm bored of playing with the same arsenal squad for years :bow:

:bow:

KSE Comedy Club
30-08-2011, 11:58 PM
LeGrove: I have nothing new to add to what I've already told you. Tomorrow is a magic transfer ride... A whole new squad! You know the words #Aladdin
about 2 hours ago

Interesting!

Japan Shaking All Over
31-08-2011, 12:25 AM

morning all!
Id go along with that. . .I would like Cahill or Jags but not for the prices, Wenger may have picked up a good player for quite a lot less,
The German team are very useful now and he has played for them not just a few times but a number of times now, if he had been at the heart of Japans defense then msybe Id br less convinced but again this guy is worth giving a chance and money saved can be moved elsewhere.
Concerns about pace are founded but if the defense/team plays as a unit then we can cover this, tbh one obvious minus is better than the multitude we have at the moment, Gay Lion was truely awful and Merts is a step up - good luck
we could still get Cahill and the initial bid was business move, pure and simple, Bolton will be left with a choice now that we have bid again as they run out of time, if they dont play ball its too bad, we have one defender and you can bet Cahill wants this move now, interesting day ahead. . .off to read the other posts

Japan Shaking All Over
31-08-2011, 03:40 AM
Out:

Nasri (glad the cunt has gone)
Denilson (this is like a new signing for us)
Eboue (another bonus loss)
Vela (need to find another +1 striker)
Traore (got rid of him in the nick of time)

In:

Chamberlain (no idea)
Jenkinson (will be just fine if he's on the pitch with decent and experienced defenders)
Gervinho (hints of a dangerous partnership with Theo)
Santos (no idea but we need somebody, has to be better then Traore and less injury prone than Gibbs)
Mertersacker (Djourou out - can only be a good thing)

we have upgraded so far apart from the obvious two Cesc and Nas
but with Schweinsteinger in (NQ you said this so many times I am starting to believe it, even tho he would have to play his games in Mexico!!!) we are almost there too!

Japan Shaking All Over
31-08-2011, 03:43 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

couldn't bend over far enough! apparently Eboue was the benchmark!

Japan Shaking All Over
31-08-2011, 03:48 AM

Experienced at 27.
Good feet and control .

saw this guy at the Copa, captain of Peru,right? got sent off but he is a strong player and looks to have decent skills......looking for a cheaper player then this could be him.......and with his signing we could be looking at going abck to being a strong team indeed, M'Vila would provide that too but me thinks the price and the non-budging attitude of Rennes is putting us off but you never know......would just need a striker like Bellemy to have a monster in every department, Sznedsdmfy is strong.......Verm/Mert CB are too

Japan Shaking All Over
31-08-2011, 03:50 AM

Could be going for another striker then? or Bendtner getting another chance (mainly due to know wanting him) - if that is the case then last chance to play him through the middle.......can't see it working tho, first touch is awful

Japan Shaking All Over
31-08-2011, 03:58 AM
http://www.ashburtongrove.co.uk/2011/08/grimandi-confirms-deals-for.html?

Speaking to Canal Plus tonight, the former defender defended the Arsenal manager and said he is ready to fight on.

Grimandi said:
"Arsène Wenger is a experienced man. He can endure the pressure on him. He's ready to fight."
He told the programme:
"Park is official, the others I don't know (smiling). Anyway, we were working before on all the files. Defeat against Manchester United has accelerated the move, but we were working a lot before that.
"There is no guarantee a player will start starter at any top teams today, so new players will have to fight to for their place.
"Our financial health can provide us to be effective in transfer market, but we cannot compete with clubs like City.
"The boss did very well to secure the club £24m for Nasri. It is one of the great financial move of Premier League.
"Each player who left Arsenal was at their top. But now, it's hard to compete and keep our promising players. But our club is financially secured for the next ten years."

I'd echo that......we may feel a little pissed at what we got for Cesc but we did well with regards to this money grabbing whore.........we probably would have shot our load by now if we hadn't got what we did for Nasri......instead we have another day to get excited about........guys will have a week to get used to each other.......

a) Merts will probably be shocked at how high we play the fucking line (gotta change)
b) Young will be wondering why he isn't allowed to shoot anymore
c) Santos will be surprised that he has suddenly become the designated penalty taker
d) Wenger/Rice will be licking their lips at the chance fuck with another group of players.......
e) word has it more to come........Goooooooooooooooooooners

Japan Shaking All Over
31-08-2011, 04:15 AM

I don't know.....I thought something was strange on Sunday.......of course we were down but Wenger was very subdued throughout......his body language was one of resignation and I couldn't help thinking that even though circumstances dictated, it was was very much lambs to the slaughter.
You may be right about the money and the game being a trigger but one thing for sure I felt that this was what we were waiting for ie Wenger's waiting period.

What has happened is that we have now seemed to have been sprung into action......by the sounds of it we are not exactly replacing Cesc and Nas with one player but building a more rounded squad and one that may not be focused on one individual.......I don't believe Wenger is a stupid man, he makes mistakes and tactics are down to him, our high line and lone striker are things I would like to see change but that may be asking for a bit much. He may be very much on his last life and once this money is spent, results are going to be expected, I think we can deliver, we have two big games out the way, sadly 0 points from there but with the new players and Jack, Gervinho, Song to come back after the next game, I hope a better sense of determination and a desire to put things right. We may not be considered championship material but I for one hope that we go out to prove that point wrong.

The board is more shady than I ever imagined it was.......not too sure what to add to that but I believe a lot of politics have been playing a major part in our recent activities both on and off the pitch......the smell is quite disgusting and I hope they see that we are a football team matters first and foremost and without that there is no Arsenal......certainly no Arsenal plc

Flavs
31-08-2011, 06:01 AM

Lets hope that is the kick up the arse he so badly needs then

gunsofashburtongrove
31-08-2011, 06:15 AM
I hope we can get another defender who is good at organizing the defense. The kind of defensive line we play we need that. At the moment it looks like we have one in Vermalen. Koscielny is a very good defender who is poor as a defensive organizer, Mertesacker is not different either he slow as well to compound it. Cahill as a defender is inferior to Kos and Per, but is a better organizer, wouldnt be a bad idea to get him.
@Flavs Bendtner will take it on his chin and move on thinking the clubs around don't know how good he is :-)

Seaman's Ponytail
31-08-2011, 06:58 AM
'The Editor:
Thanks to Adam for the tip-off that Arsenal are poised for a Deadline Day swoop for Keisuke Honda who he claims is in London for a medical. If you think Adam is on the money, give him the thumbs up in the Rumour Room. Follow me on Twitter through the day - @skysportswebed '

i wonder if Adam is a reliable source....

KSE Comedy Club
31-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Hopefully not.

Flavs
31-08-2011, 07:29 AM
saw this guy at the Copa, captain of Peru,right? got sent off but he is a strong player and looks to have decent skills......looking for a cheaper player then this could be him.......and with his signing we could be looking at going abck to being a strong team indeed, M'Vila would provide that too but me thinks the price and the non-budging attitude of Rennes is putting us off but you never know......would just need a striker like Bellemy to have a monster in every department, Sznedsdmfy is strong.......Verm/Mert CB are too

would rather have Vidal to be honest

toothless gibbon
31-08-2011, 07:48 AM
would rather have Vidal to be honest

Not sure Juve would sell him after 0 games.

Flavs
31-08-2011, 07:50 AM
Not sure Juve would sell him after 0 games.

Ah i didnt know they had bought him the rascals

isv
31-08-2011, 07:53 AM
blackburn agree fee for scott Dann
Wigan agree fee for Shaun Maloney
SWP to join QPR
Stoke agree fee for Cameron Jerome

isv
31-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Bendtner dad at Stokes training ground so sky sports news says...

Özim
31-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Hopefully not.
Honda is pretty decent, much more established than the dog eater we've signed to be fair.

I_Killed_Kenny
31-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Gna be a mad day today. Got a feeling we may be getting our hopes up and only 1 other face may come in, no more me finks.

BUt the old currant bun says we have a list of 20 targets apparently!!!

This marvin martin dude, whats the story with him, dont watch much french league so no idea tbh!

Özim
31-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Let's hope our signings today are better than the cr*p so far (Gervinho and Oxo cube excluded). Hoping to see some quality come in for once, a player or two to get excited about.

KSE Comedy Club
31-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Internet rumours that refuse to go away:

Despite reports of us officially ending our interest, Bolton & Arsenal have agreed a £14m fee for Cahill, personal terms and medical to be completed this morning.

Wenger will be signing M'vila & Hazard today for a combined £50m as a statement of intent. Joe Cole is heading to Lille as a replacement for Hazard.

SSN saying again that we have officially ended our interest in Cahill, whilst talking to :arry:

So :shrug:

isv
31-08-2011, 08:07 AM
BBC Sport's John Sinnott on Twitter: "'There was no Arsenal offer for Borussia Dortmund's Mario Goetze'-BD's Hans-Joachim Watzke tells BBC. 'Anyway we will not sell him.'"

Chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Arsenal inquired about Mikel Arteta and Marouane Fellaini is also on the radar - but Everton are not expecting any major sales today."

0900: RUMOUR MILL
Rumour Mill

Talk that Arsenal striker Nicklas Bentdner's dad is at Stoke to negotiate a transfer for the Dane from London to the Britannia Stadium.

I_Killed_Kenny
31-08-2011, 08:08 AM
think i would die in shock if we bought cahil, mvilla and hazard!!!

KSE Comedy Club
31-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Let's hope our signings today are better than the cr*p so far (Gervinho and Oxo cube excluded). Hoping to see some quality come in for once, a player or two to get excited about.

I have to say that Ive agreed with you on most things over the summer, but I get the feeling that even if we signed Lionel Messi today, you'd still find something to moan about.

Syn
31-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Some of you are going to be very disappointed today. At best, we'll get some pub teamer to fill in at CM. The 'big' money signing was Mertesacker.

Flavs
31-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Internet rumours

That should tell you the validity of it tbf

KSE Comedy Club
31-08-2011, 08:11 AM
BBC Sport's John Sinnott on Twitter: "'There was no Arsenal offer for Borussia Dortmund's Mario Goetze'-BD's Hans-Joachim Watzke tells BBC. 'Anyway we will not sell him.'"

Chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Arsenal inquired about Mikel Arteta and Marouane Fellaini is also on the radar - but Everton are not expecting any major sales today."

0900: RUMOUR MILL
Rumour Mill

Talk that Arsenal striker Nicklas Bentdner's dad is at Stoke to negotiate a transfer for the Dane from London to the Britannia Stadium.

Im sure that our interest in the everton pair is just a classic wenger smokescreen.

What's the code for the trademark symbol?

Flavs
31-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Some of you are going to be very disappointed today. At best, we'll get some pub teamer to fill in at CM. The 'big' money signing was Mertesacker.

That's some shite quality wumming syn, i really expect better from you than the same dross as some of the twats on here.

Marc Overmars
31-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Come on Hazard and M'Vila. :pray:

Özim
31-08-2011, 08:13 AM
I have to say that Ive agreed with you on most things over the summer, but I get the feeling that even if we signed Lionel Messi today, you'd still find something to moan about.
Don't trust your gut feeling that's what I suggest.

If we sign quality players, I'll be pleased, what we have supposedly sign aren't what I would class as quality, Park is a nobody and Ze German Barge, well he's come up many times over the years and my opinion of him is well documented.

Syn
31-08-2011, 08:17 AM
That's some shite quality wumming syn, i really expect better from you than the same dross as some of the twats on here.

:unsure:

I'm serious. There has been nothing concrete about any good players yet many seem adamant we will get a couple. Hazard actually said a day or so ago that he isn't leaving, we have ended talks with cahill and still the names keep coming up. Any muppet can create a 'rumour' on twitter, but it gets circulated within seconds.

Flavs
31-08-2011, 08:19 AM
:unsure:

I'm serious. There has been nothing concrete about any good players yet many seem adamant we will get a couple. Hazard actually said a day or so ago that he isn't leaving, we have ended talks with cahill and still the names keep coming up. Any muppet can create a 'rumour' on twitter, but it gets circulated within seconds.

That's better :good:

KSE Comedy Club
31-08-2011, 08:24 AM
We will definately make at least 1 big money signing today.

We fucking have to tbh.

Marc Overmars
31-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Benayoun is definitely on the move according to SSN and his options are Arsenal, Liverpool and Lille.

Let's hope he goes to Lille because it would obviously increase our chances of getting Hazard.

GP
31-08-2011, 08:26 AM

We fucking have to tbh.

Mertersacker :good:

Flavs
Tis a shame that Diaby is dead really, would make a good make weight for french transfers

I_Killed_Kenny
Benayoun is definitely on the move according to SSN and his options are Arsenal, Liverpool and Lille.

Let's hope he goes to Lille because it would obviously increase our chances of getting Hazard.

benayoun will be our marquee signing i reckon

GP
31-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Linked with Honda again.

Özim
31-08-2011, 08:27 AM

We fucking have to tbh.
Metersacker, he's a big signing but not in the way you'd have hoped.

Marc Overmars
31-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Linked with Honda again.

He's got a good engi...

Oh.

KSE Comedy Club
31-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Mertesacker was signed yesterday numpties.

LDG
31-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Sneaky bid for Nasri I reckon. He's only got 5 years left on his contract, and we could offer him more money than he's on at city.

Japan Shaking All Over
31-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Bendtner dad at Stokes training ground so sky sports news says...

cap in hand sighting!

isv
31-08-2011, 08:49 AM
cap in hand sighting!

according to sky his dad went out for a meal with pullis last night and he was all smiles this morning saying Niklas is leaving arsenal...

isv
31-08-2011, 08:51 AM
0947: Something a bit more tangible now, though, from Stoke, who have confirmed to BBC Sport's Simon Austin that Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner's father and agent is indeed at the club having talks.

LDG
31-08-2011, 08:51 AM
according to sky his dad went out for a meal with pullis last night and he was all smiles this morning saying Niklas is leaving arsenal...

But Nicky Bender is 52.

isv
31-08-2011, 08:56 AM
moonmonkey0794 on Twitter: "My dad saying Riccardo Montolivo has been seen at Aeroporto di Firenze. We believe he's heading for a shock move to Arsenal."

KESSLER
31-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Hope we get Honda

Asians :bow:

GP
31-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Elia has signed for Juventus, btw, so scratch that one off the list.