PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39

Ollie the Optimist
22-09-2011, 01:05 PM
He was quality v a team that won a trophy last season and are in Europe this season.

Like i said, better than any of our DMs and id say that even if he hadnt scored last night

still they are in the championship as they got relegated cos they werent good enough. one game after two years of injuries does not make you a quality player esp when the opposistion is a championship team who the weekend before just lost heavily to another championship team.

fakeyank
22-09-2011, 02:52 PM
all becasue he scored against a championship club? jesus fucking christ

Well we seem to find it hard to score against a league 2 pub team, so yes, a goal against a team that humiliated us in the Carling Cup final not so many months ago is considered huge for me... specially when the player hasnt played competitively for close to 2 years. And what did I mention in the thread- pay as you play deal? If he cant play, he cant get paid.. he is better than most of our midfield with one fuckin leg, so yea, papa Arsene missed a trick here!

fakeyank
22-09-2011, 02:56 PM
im sorry i dont buy this, i thought he was great in the 2006 world cup and owuld have loved him then but since then he has played about ten games cos of injury. he is no where near back to being a quality player and i doubt he will at hte end of the season. you cannot say he is back to being a quality player on the basis he scored a goal against a championship club

That bit thats bolded applies to Arteta, Yossi as well.. they are not at their best and injury prone right now, so why did we sign them? OH was never going to play 40 games but to have him come on in 70+ minutes to anchor the midfield, add experience, thats priceless. AW previously could at least find a bargain but he seem to have lost that ability as well..

AW :rose:

Ollie the Optimist
22-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Well we seem to find it hard to score against a league 2 pub team, so yes, a goal against a team that humiliated us in the Carling Cup final not so many months ago is considered huge for me... specially when the player hasnt played competitively for close to 2 years. And what did I mention in the thread- pay as you play deal? If he cant play, he cant get paid.. he is better than most of our midfield with one fuckin leg, so yea, papa Arsene missed a trick here!

a goal against a championship club is consdiered huge? so what if chamkah scores against a championship club he suddenly becomes a great player?
and even if he was on a pay per game deal, he would still have to be looked after etc by the medical team given his record. i understand wenger has made mistakes and probs should go but bashing him cos he didnt sign hargreaves is just a joke. the people wanting him now would be the first ot moan if we signed him and he didnt play. just like some are with yossi and arteta

fakeyank
22-09-2011, 03:53 PM
a goal against a championship club is consdiered huge? so what if chamkah scores against a championship club he suddenly becomes a great player?
and even if he was on a pay per game deal, he would still have to be looked after etc by the medical team given his record. i understand wenger has made mistakes and probs should go but bashing him cos he didnt sign hargreaves is just a joke. the people wanting him now would be the first ot moan if we signed him and he didnt play. just like some are with yossi and arteta

Well we have had journeymen like Rosicky, Diaby, RVP, Walcott who have been looked after by our medical team for ages.. why not another guy like Hargreaves? The part about signing Hargreaves is that if he didnt stay fit, all we'd really lose is 100-200K on his medical condition(s) and nothing else. However him being fit for 20+ games is worth 2-3 million quid at least. Why couldnt we gamble on 100-200K?

Lets just assume that we got him and he broke down every other week, his presence and experience in the dressing room is also another plus factor. This guy IS a winner and he'd be a welcome addition in the kids room.. sorry our dressing room. What has anybody in our current squad ever won? Yossi might have won something, RVP might have won something while OH has won the Bundesliga, PL, CL..

According to me, for a broke ass cheap club like Arsenal, this was a match made in heaven

Ollie the Optimist
22-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Well we have had journeymen like Rosicky, Diaby, RVP, Walcott who have been looked after by our medical team for ages.. why not another guy like Hargreaves? The part about signing Hargreaves is that if he didnt stay fit, all we'd really lose is 100-200K on his medical condition(s) and nothing else. However him being fit for 20+ games is worth 2-3 million quid at least. Why couldnt we gamble on 100-200K?

Lets just assume that we got him and he broke down every other week, his presence and experience in the dressing room is also another plus factor. This guy IS a winner and he'd be a welcome addition in the kids room.. sorry our dressing room. What has anybody in our current squad ever won? Yossi might have won something, RVP might have won something while OH has won the Bundesliga, PL, CL..

According to me, for a broke ass cheap club like Arsenal, this was a match made in heaven

if you are wanting prescence, i would rather have sol campbell, sign him on a free and owuld be much better cos at least he cares about the club. yes hargreaves has won something but you cant really say that for his stay at united, he hardly played so he didnt really contribute. silvestre was a winner at united but was utter shit for us

Niall_Quinn
22-09-2011, 05:17 PM
http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2011/09/arsenal-get-last-laugh-in-cesc-fabregas-saga-by-signing-joan-laportas-son/

Hmm, so we're baby-sitting until the mum fancies moving back home? Good plan.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Should help us get some contentious decisions in our favour in fairness.

Niall_Quinn
22-09-2011, 11:09 PM
This could change everything.

ARSENAL are on the trail of Guinea star Sadio Diallo.
Gunners manager Arsene Wenger sent scout Gilles Grimandi to check on Bastia's attacking midfielder this week.

Diallo, 20, rated at £2million, has scored 10 goals in 35 games, and is under contract until 2014.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3830577/Diallo-is-Bast-by-far-for-Gunners.html

Cripps_orig
22-09-2011, 11:15 PM
YayAlso has there been a manager more desperate to sell a player than Coyle is about Cahill? He just doesn't shut the fuck up about him and the apparent interest clubs have in him

Marc Overmars
22-09-2011, 11:18 PM
I think he reckons he can get some big bucks for him, as in 15m+. Which maybe Bolton need.

Not going to happen now, especially as he's in the last year of his contract. He probably won't go for anymore than 12m, that is unless Spurs or City come in with something big to get it over and done with.

Master Splinter
22-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Have we signed Biglia yet?

FFS, this shit is taking longer than the Gervinho and Schweinsteiger deals.

We could get gazumped by Barnet if we don't hurry up.

fakeyank
23-09-2011, 12:21 AM
if you are wanting prescence, i would rather have sol campbell, sign him on a free and owuld be much better cos at least he cares about the club. yes hargreaves has won something but you cant really say that for his stay at united, he hardly played so he didnt really contribute. silvestre was a winner at united but was utter shit for us

I would take Sol back too.. We do need some presence in the dressing room and Sol was immense for us on his comeback. In fact, we actually missed a trick when we didnt resign PV4. Look what that ass is doing at City now.. looking over the academy, was an important leader in their FA cup win.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-09-2011, 06:55 AM
We've got Coqulin and Frimpong. Wenger was never going to sign a new central mid player.

maybe we do and maybe he wasnt but a player like Parker and maybe Hargreaves too, would have put up more of a fight than what we have seen so far.

1) they probably would have put their head on the chopping block by stamping on that fucking WUM Barton
2) they would have bossed the midfield more and not let the likes of Blackburn run amok
3) they would have more attacking presence

Song had a break out season, 3 or so years back but since then he is playing like a lump of shit stuck to the bottom of your shoe (not too sure how one of those plays but I am sure it is similar) - smells so bad you would do anything to get rid of it. . .I want a see more of thr boss like Song

Fist of Lehmann
23-09-2011, 10:55 AM
1) they probably would have put their head on the chopping block by stamping on that fucking WUM Barton
Didn't Song already do this? Getting himself helpfully banned?

Ollie the Optimist
23-09-2011, 11:24 AM
anyone see the hargreaves stuff in the papers today? what a tosser

Niall_Quinn
24-09-2011, 02:03 AM
What the fuck is this? Are they letting us down gently by giving us the bad news up front (apart from Djourou which would be great news)?

ARSENE WENGER admits Arsenal could lose FIVE stars next year because the Gunners cannot compete financially.
Skipper Robin van Persie, Theo Walcott, Thomas Vermaelen, Andrey Arshavin and Johan Djourou are in the final season of their contracts.

Boss Wen-ger said: "We will try to sign them but we have tried before. The gap on that front has become bigger for us. I cannot say that if we go to our maximum wage we are sure to sign the players.

"We will try to convince them. Our desire is there and we are ready to sit down with them. After that we will see where we go."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3833187/Arsene-Wenger-admits-cash-fear.html

What's the strategy here? Roll out the red carpet for opposition teams to start the transfer ball rolling early? Drop massive hints to the players we expect them to go? Why comment about this at all? If these 4 left and despite the fact JD might leave too, how would the ticket prices be justified? And where has this financial crisis come from all of a sudden? We can't afford to keep the players we have, never mind sign new ones? Where is all the money going then?

RomfordPele
24-09-2011, 05:38 AM
Sounds like an AW memo to the board: time to ditch the wage structure.

But why it has to be done through the media I don't know.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Sounds like an AW memo to the board: time to ditch the wage structure.

But why it has to be done through the media I don't know.

Because he may not have the orbs of gold to do it face to face?
I think if we can get out of this funk, spend a bit more in J anuary we are going to be OK!
Then RvP, Walcott and Verms will stay, we are going to need a xhange in wage structure to do it tho, Robin will expect to get paid top draw and rightly so, would take the captainacy off him tho before it kills him.

Andy can go to that club Eto went to, should be able to pick up something for him still, GayLion? hasnt he already left because its either that or he is fucking AWOL

Power n Glory
24-09-2011, 06:48 AM
Arsense Wenger has to go. With him gone, a new structure and strategy would have to be put in place because we no longer have a manager that seems to think he can produce miracles on tight budgets and develop young players. He's too comfortable and his arrogance exceeds his ability. He seems to think he can lose these players and he'll be okay as a squad because he can bring through a fresh batch. This conveyor belt system he has is totally flawed.

If he was total against losing these players and made it clear that we must keep these players to survive, we'd see a change. If he actually put some pressure on the board, maybe Stan would release a few millions to keep them or we'd come to some set of agreement with that other billionaire shareholder. But because he's so relaxed and thinks he can continue without them, nothing happens. We need a new manager. Come January, these players are going to lose their focus with all the speculation surrounding their future.

Kaiser
24-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Arseblog says Song and RVP have now changed to Darren Dein as their agent. They're gone next summer guaranteed.

Marc Overmars
24-09-2011, 09:55 AM
It's critical that we sort out Theo, RVP and Vermaelen THIS year.

Not fussed about Arshavin and I certainly don't care about Djourou, but the ones I mentioned above we should be acting now to get their contracts extended. I think Vermaelen would sign, he owes us after his long injury lay off, but I think RVP is obviously one that will weigh up his options being in the prime of his career, and I think Theo could even do the dirty as well if he doesn't get his chance up front.

hobson's choice
24-09-2011, 10:09 AM
What the fuck is this? Are they letting us down gently by giving us the bad news up front (apart from Djourou which would be great news)?

What's the strategy here? Roll out the red carpet for opposition teams to start the transfer ball rolling early? Drop massive hints to the players we expect them to go? Why comment about this at all? If these 4 left and despite the fact JD might leave too, how would the ticket prices be justified? And where has this financial crisis come from all of a sudden? We can't afford to keep the players we have, never mind sign new ones? Where is all the money going then?

I swear he's trying to get them to fire him

Özim
24-09-2011, 10:13 AM

Is not just about money though either, if we don't compete on the trophy front it's nigh on impossible to hold onto better players anyway.

The only one I really give a toss about is RVP to be honest, if we lose him we're f*cked.

Vermaelen is a crock
Djourou is sh*t
Walcott is average
Arshavin is getting though I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do under a different manager who plays him in his best position.

Özim
24-09-2011, 10:14 AM
It's critical that we sort out Theo, RVP and Vermaelen THIS year.

Not fussed about Arshavin and I certainly don't care about Djourou, but the ones I mentioned above we should be acting now to get their contracts extended. I think Vermaelen would sign, he owes us after his long injury lay off, but I think RVP is obviously one that will weigh up his options being in the prime of his career, and I think Theo could even do the dirty as well if he doesn't get his chance up front.
Really?

RVP I agree with but the other two, well one is always injured and the other one if we're honest, well there's better options out there, should have bought Young (said so many times before Man U got him, always thought he was key to Villa and a really dangerous player), much better player.

I'm tired of players who getting years to deliver anything of note, just replace with quality players who have already proved their ability.

Other than RVP and Wilshere, Sagna (and Oxo though he won't leave) I honestly couldn't give a toss who leaves as there's better players out there.

I'd love it if AW went to PSG and signed them all, we'd be killing two birds with one stone :lol:

Power n Glory
24-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Really?

RVP I agree with but the other two, well one is always injured and the other one if we're honest, well there's better options out there, should have bought Young (said so many times before Man U got him, always thought he was key to Villa and a really dangerous player), much better player.

I'm tired of players who getting years to deliver anything of note, just replace with quality players who have already proved their ability.

Other than RVP and Wilshere, Sagna (and Oxo though he won't leave) I honestly couldn't give a toss who leaves as there's better players out there.

I'd love it if AW went to PSG and signed them all, we'd be killing two birds with one stone :lol:

We aren't buying better players to replace the old and that's part of the problem.

Also, I can't stress this enough, notice how Ashley Young is a right footer playing on the left wing? If Wenger had him playing on the right we'd see a different player. The sort of goals he scored against us just wouldn't be possible. If Wenger would at least swap Theo from the right wing to left, he'd probably increase his goal scoring record by a wide margin.

Ollie the Optimist
24-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Really?

you want to get rid of our best defender? right

Özim
24-09-2011, 10:38 AM
you want to get rid of our best defender? right
Yes he's a crock and never plays.

Cripps_orig
24-09-2011, 07:04 PM

Bye

Japan Shaking All Over
25-09-2011, 08:20 AM
BBC has a few rumours

1) Citeh ready to offer RvP a contract in Jan. . . .need to work very hard on keeping Robin, my heart tells me he wont go, feel he could do a Bergkampand see is time outwith us - I hope I am right
2) Afellay out with serious new injury which means no move. . .would take this guy but not sure now. . .you can add him to the list of players who went to Spain thinking they would actuallt get a game!
3) Same story has Alcantras name popping up. . .would say yes to him too, has looked useful this season, pre included

selassie
25-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Arseblog says Song and RVP have now changed to Darren Dein as their agent. They're gone next summer guaranteed.

Yep getting Dein as your agent seems to be a guaranteed way of sealing your exit at Arsenal.

selassie
25-09-2011, 10:29 AM

I think we'll probably lose RVP, Theo & Arshy.

Djourou & Tommy V will most likely stay.

Özim
25-09-2011, 10:32 AM

I think it wouldn't hurt us to lose all of them, the only one we should be worried about is RVP, he's the only guy who has stepped up to the plate.

Vermaelen is good but it seems he's always injured.

Ollie the Optimist
25-09-2011, 10:48 AM

dont care about theo any more the guy is far to hit and miss, if ox proves himself then he can and should be a much better version of theo. fat fuck can just fuck off. dont want to see him playing for us

when fit tv5 is our best defender, was unlucky with this latest injury but if he is back in nov or whenever its said he will do and plays for rest of season him and merts will be a great pairing imo.

Cripps_orig
25-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Need Theo to stay. RVP is dead for most of the season anyway so wont be missed and Vermy likewise

Like Arshavin as well.

Djourou can die

alexander
25-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Djourou can die

haha to the point as usual :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
26-09-2011, 07:05 AM
News linking us to RVDV bid. . . . apart from the story being as believable one of Joker's posts. . . .I would say for attacking impertus. . . . .

A Must Get

who would he replace? fuck. . . . .behind RvP this guy would ne superb!

hobson's choice
26-09-2011, 04:11 PM
News linking us to RVDV bid!

Who is this?

fakeyank
26-09-2011, 04:17 PM
News linking us to RVDV bid. . . . apart from the story being as believable one of Joker's posts. . . .I would say for attacking impertus. . . . .

A Must Get

who would he replace? fuck. . . . .behind RvP this guy would ne superb!

Rob van dam? :unsure:

GP
26-09-2011, 04:20 PM
The whole f'ing show?

Japan Shaking All Over
26-09-2011, 04:32 PM
:popcorn:

Japan Shaking All Over
27-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Interesting news on BBC has us apart from the the hashed stories about Albiol, Kaka and Vertonghen (who we should go for is a 1 mil move for Owen

This guy if he can stay fit has a few goals in him and for 1 mil if Utd are willing to sell and I can see SAF feeling sorry for us enough to think about it, is worth a punt, any thoughts?

Xhaka Can’t
27-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Nah. The hell with this bargain basement crap.

Spend the money required to get a reliable and effective striker and play a system that maximises his chances.

LDG
27-09-2011, 07:32 AM
Nah. The hell with this bargain basement crap.

Spend the money required to get a reliable and effective striker and play a system that maximises his chances.

That's far too sensible :sulk:

Japan Shaking All Over
27-09-2011, 08:51 AM
That's far too sensible :sulk:

Yeah fuck that shit. . . .Im too brainwashed to think logically anymore

server too busy!
27-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Is Wenger the real Mr Brainwash then???

Japan Shaking All Over
27-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Is Wenger the real Mr Brainwash then???

Yeah combinatipn of him and MS, didnt know I was a member of MOC till I woke up the next morning. . . .havent been back home since

Ollie the Optimist
27-09-2011, 10:08 PM
just to get ahead of the gutter press. we all know this coming but tomorrow and this week there will undoubtly be stories about how citeh will replace tevez with rvp

Master Splinter
27-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Man City Target Van Persie To Replace Tevez

Daily Star Exclusive

*City prepare January bid for Dutchman
*Striker set to treble his wages
*Another blow for Wenger
*Exclusive

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has emerged as Roberto Mancini's primary transfer target and Manchester City are now to test calamity club Arsenal's resolve by tabling a £30m bid in the January transfer window.

Van Persie has so far refused to commit to Arsenal and this has alerted City to the situation.

An Arsenal insider last night exclusively revealed details of the sensational swoop to Daily Star Sport.

The deadly Dutchman, who scored his 100th goal for the misfiring Gunners on Saturday, will now earn £270,000 at his new club.

With Carlos Tevez out of the picture, following his refusal to be used as a substitute in the 2-0 defeat at Bayern Munich, Mancini sees van Persie as the ideal replacement.

It is yet another devastating blow for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, who will now also be fearful of losing star players Theo Walcott, Thomas Vermaelen and Marouane Chamakh next summer.

Our insider also revealed - exclusively - that van Persie may be open to staying if Arsenal mount a credible title challenge. But as this passage of his revelations did not include any quotes, we are loathe to believe their validity.

Finally, we can exclusively reveal that our insider goes by the name of Joker, and he definitely doesn't have a vendetta against van Persie.

www.dailystar.com/football/gossip/rvp786/ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT5xNOUzcJk)

fakeyank
27-09-2011, 11:53 PM
www.dailystar.com/football/gossip/rvp786/ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT5xNOUzcJk)

:haha:

Wish it was true though. We could get Tevez as a direct swoop and may be change to a 4-4-2 :good:

The Verminator
28-09-2011, 12:56 AM
Man City Target Van Persie To Replace Tevez

Daily Star Exclusive

*City prepare January bid for Dutchman
*Striker set to treble his wages
*Another blow for Wenger
*Exclusive

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has emerged as Roberto Mancini's primary transfer target and Manchester City are now to test calamity club Arsenal's resolve by tabling a £30m bid in the January transfer window.

Van Persie has so far refused to commit to Arsenal and this has alerted City to the situation.

An Arsenal insider last night exclusively revealed details of the sensational swoop to Daily Star Sport.

The deadly Dutchman, who scored his 100th goal for the misfiring Gunners on Saturday, will now earn £270,000 at his new club.

With Carlos Tevez out of the picture, following his refusal to be used as a substitute in the 2-0 defeat at Bayern Munich, Mancini sees van Persie as the ideal replacement.

It is yet another devastating blow for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, who will now also be fearful of losing star players Theo Walcott, Thomas Vermaelen and Marouane Chamakh next summer.

Our insider also revealed - exclusively - that van Persie may be open to staying if Arsenal mount a credible title challenge. But as this passage of his revelations did not include any quotes, we are loathe to believe their validity.

Finally, we can exclusively reveal that our insider goes by the name of Joker, and he definitely doesn't have a vendetta against van Persie.

Hmm...

LDG
28-09-2011, 08:57 AM

Edinburgh Gooner
28-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Paris St Germain are ready to offer Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh an exit route out of The Emirates after enduring a very frustrating time in North London.

Chamakh has failed to gain the admiration of the Arsenal faithful, in fact the internet forums are full of disgruntled fans calling him a waste of money and he was brought in on a free transfer, that should give an idea of the standing Chamakh has at the club.

http://www.footylatest.com/paris-st-germain-ready-to-make-a-move-for-arsenal-flop/23948

:pray:

Cripps_orig
28-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Internet forums :lol:

Coney
28-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Paris St Germain are ready to offer Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh an exit route out of The Emirates after enduring a very frustrating time in North London.

Chamakh has failed to gain the admiration of the Arsenal faithful, in fact the internet forums are full of disgruntled fans calling him a waste of money and he was brought in on a free transfer, that should give an idea of the standing Chamakh has at the club.

http://www.footylatest.com/paris-st-germain-ready-to-make-a-move-for-arsenal-flop/23948

:pray:

Yeah - then the same forum has this...

http://www.footylatest.com/zidane-tells-hazard-to-snub-arsenal/23961

Zidane tells Hazard to snub Arsenal

Initial look of the headline appears to suggests he is telling Hazard that the Arsenal is a bad move for a player of his calibre.

Then you read...

The Mirror seems to think that former French World Cup champion Zinedine Zidane, who is now part of the management staff at Real Madrid, has asked the French club to snub any offers and prepare the player to transfer to Spain’s capital at Real.

So the headline should be something like "Zidane says he wants Hazard at Real". But I guess that is not such a fun headline.

IBK
28-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah - then the same forum has this...

http://www.footylatest.com/zidane-tells-hazard-to-snub-arsenal/23961

Initial look of the headline appears to suggests he is telling Hazard that the Arsenal is a bad move for a player of his calibre.

Then you read...

So the headline should be something like "Zidane says he wants Hazard at Real". But I guess that is not such a fun headline.

I saw that and thought the same.

fakeyank
28-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Chakma if played along with another striker up front will be much more potent than on the wings. We messed his career up along with Eduardo, Vela, Bendy and very soon to be Walcott. AW clearly is a clueless bugger

Boss
28-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Wenger messed up the others but don't think he can be blamed for Chamakh, he is truly dogshite.

Cripps_orig
28-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Chakma if played along with another striker up front will be much more potent than on the wings. We messed his career up along with Eduardo, Vela, Bendy and very soon to be Walcott. AW clearly is a clueless bugger

Pretty much. Chamakh was quality at Bordeaux playing with a partner

IBK
28-09-2011, 04:04 PM

Its a special Alsace recipe. Create a style of play that can only be played by the most technical players playing right on their game; refuse to spend money on the type of talent needed to make it work, and instead believe that you can bring in cut price players and play them out of position to make it work. Et 'voila' - a complete dog's dinner.

Sometimes it seems as though if you are a CM then Wenger may be able to help your game, but anywhere else you risk him fucking you up!

Coney
28-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Wenger messed up the others but don't think he can be blamed for Chamakh, he is truly dogshite.

:lol:

fakeyank
28-09-2011, 05:33 PM

This is purely based on him being tentative infront of goal (not shooting often) but the question really is... is he so bad? He played a good 4 months as a starter and played very very well. After that due to exhaustion, RVP coming back, he never got chances. Even this season, he is a sub and he has actually even scored a goal.. so why the hate? He gets played out of position and we realistically cannot hope for him to be Messi.

Somehow I dont understand how players like Bendy and Chakma are rated on here... they both when played in their best positions have been more than effective. I have said this countless times and I will say it again.. we can bring in David Villa, Aguero, Dzeko and they'd be as toothless as Bendy and Chakma on the right or left. All this call for a striker is absolute dogshite talk tbh.. we have good players up front but the man who makes the call to play them in their best position is a deluded cunt

Boss
28-09-2011, 09:36 PM
This is purely based on him being tentative infront of goal (not shooting often) but the question really is... is he so bad? He played a good 4 months as a starter and played very very well. After that due to exhaustion, RVP coming back, he never got chances. Even this season, he is a sub and he has actually even scored a goal.. so why the hate? He gets played out of position and we realistically cannot hope for him to be Messi.

Somehow I dont understand how players like Bendy and Chakma are rated on here... they both when played in their best positions have been more than effective. I have said this countless times and I will say it again.. we can bring in David Villa, Aguero, Dzeko and they'd be as toothless as Bendy and Chakma on the right or left. All this call for a striker is absolute dogshite talk tbh.. we have good players up front but the man who makes the call to play them in their best position is a deluded cunt

Chamakh is usually played in his proper position when he starts and has been a complete waste of a player after his decent start. Having him in the team is akin to playing with 10 men, he adds nothing.

Even today he missed two sitters which you'd expect him to score and was lucky Santos spared his blushes. Despite his good start last year people could see he wasn't going to bring much to the table if the goals dried him and I can't wait to get rid of him.

I can see the merits in Bendtner on the other hand, he'd be a 20+ goal a season striker if played in his proper position.

toothless gibbon
29-09-2011, 12:59 PM
I have said this countless times and I will say it again.. we can bring in David Villa, Aguero, Dzeko and they'd be as toothless as Bendy and Chakma on the right or left.

In which case you should probably stop saying it... Villa and Aquero play left and right very regularly and very effectively. Chamakh almost ALWAYS plays up front!!

Cripps_orig
29-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Chelsea look set to beat Arsenal and Tottenham to the signature of Bolton and England defender Gary Cahill in the January transfer window.
Full story: Metro

Manchester United and Arsenal summer transfer target, winger Michel Bastos, has signed a new contract with Ligue 1 side Lyon.
Full story: talkSPORT

Arsenal are keeping an eye on CSKA Moscow striker Wagner Love with a view to making a move for the Brazilian as soon as January.
Full story: Footylatest.com

fakeyank
29-09-2011, 05:59 PM
In which case you should probably stop saying it... Villa and Aquero play left and right very regularly and very effectively. Chamakh almost ALWAYS plays up front!!

Aguero doesnt play right of midfield.. he plays right in a 2 man attack. Villa interchanges positions and comes in from the left ala TH14 (not as effective) but mainly plays down the middle. And if you are talking barca.. he or anyone could be playing in any position from midfield to attack and they will score!
Chamakh played upfront yesterday after how many games? You are going to pass judgement on him based on one performance? RVP was given a good 5-6 games just to get his fitness back.. why not him?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
29-09-2011, 06:59 PM
need to play chamakh in a 4-4-2. he'll set up the other striker a lot. his lay off play is exceptional, so's his first touch.

but as a lone striker fuck no. it's like having no striker.

Cripps_orig
29-09-2011, 07:00 PM
need to play chamakh in a 4-4-2. he'll set up the other striker a lot. his lay off play is exceptional, so's his first touch.

but as a lone striker fuck no. it's like having no striker.

:gp:

Did this very well last night.

Niall_Quinn
29-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Whoever's saying Chamakh is an AIDS infected used condom head, I agree. Whoever's not saying that, grow up will you?

Niall_Quinn
29-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Aguero doesnt play right of midfield.. he plays right in a 2 man attack. Villa interchanges positions and comes in from the left ala TH14 (not as effective) but mainly plays down the middle. And if you are talking barca.. he or anyone could be playing in any position from midfield to attack and they will score!
Chamakh played upfront yesterday after how many games? You are going to pass judgement on him based on one performance? RVP was given a good 5-6 games just to get his fitness back.. why not him?

Aguero has gone off the boil, I doubt he'll score again this week. Chamakh would be a good player if he could improve his passing, shooting, tackiling, crossing, heading, positional play, character, courage, determination, hairstyle and face.

Marc Overmars
29-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Exceptional lay off play. :lol:

Well that's one way to glorify safely passing the ball 5 yards because you have no guts to do anything else. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
29-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Exceptional lay off play. :lol:

Well that's one way to glorify safely passing the ball 5 yards because you have no guts to do anything else. :coffee:

He held the ball up really well last night tbh and kept possession.

We took him off and put RVP on and we were holding on cos RVP couldnt hold on to it.

Most importantly though, NQ :haha:

After his Chamakh and Theo shockers on here, surely time he changed his name to Laurent Koscielny on here

Ollie the Optimist
29-09-2011, 07:39 PM
He held the ball up really well last night tbh and kept possession.

We took him off and put RVP on and we were holding on cos RVP couldnt hold on to it.

Most importantly though, NQ :haha:

After his Chamakh and Theo shockers on here, surely time he changed his name to Laurent Koscielny on here

hes a striker who cant score. a striker who cant score means he isnt doing his job which means he is shit.

Cripps_orig
29-09-2011, 07:41 PM
hes a striker who cant score. a striker who cant score means he isnt doing his job which means he is shit.

Should change your name tbh

Ollie the Optimist
29-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Should change your name tbh

and seeing as you justify how good theo is with the amount he scores, how do you justify chamakh being quality when he doesnt score?

Niall_Quinn
29-09-2011, 07:44 PM
RvP was playing as a lone front man after the substitutions. People are getting desperate if they are claiming Chamakh had a good game because he didn't have a bad game. I've even seen it claimed he did well by making space for the first goal last night. Of course if you actually watch what happened he was just floundering around in the box looking lost as usual. The fact he was in the box at all is a good thing, he's usually hiding in midfield trying to avoid the play. Now he needs to work hard on learning to do something useful when he's in there. I'm assuming Chamakh is here to do at least slightly better than not play badly? Or have our standards really slipped that far?

Theo's last performance, as we all could see, was a shocker and far from his first. He's had several years to progress and realise his potential and he hasn't done it. Who could seriously dispute this unless they were on a wind up mission? Doesn't matter anyway, we have a great replacement for when Theo's not up for it.

Cripps_orig
and seeing as who justify how good theo is with the amount he scores, how do you justify chamakh being quality when he doesnt score?

I said he had a good game yesterday which he did. Thats hardly saying hes quality.

Ollie the Optimist
I said he had a good game yesterday which he did. Thats hardly saying hes quality.

you;ve been saying he is quality for ages now

Cripps_orig
29-09-2011, 07:45 PM
you;ve been saying he is quality for ages now

Well no i havent but thanks for trying to make things up :rolleyes:

Cripps_orig
29-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Werder Bremen midfielder Marko Marin is attracting the interest of Arsenal, with Arsene Wenger considering making a £10m bid for the 22-year-old German international when the transfer window reopens in January. Full story: Footie-onlineAC Milan are ready to make a concerted effort to land Arsenal striker Robin van Persie, who is currently delaying contract extension talks. Full story: Footylatest.com.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-09-2011, 02:47 AM
Werder Bremen midfielder Marko Marin is attracting the interest of Arsenal, with Arsene Wenger considering making a £10m bid for the 22-year-old German international when the transfer window reopens in January. Full story: Footie-onlineAC Milan are ready to make a concerted effort to land Arsenal striker Robin van Persie, who is currently delaying contract extension talks. Full story: Footylatest.com

decent player Marin.....would be interested to hear more about this story

RVP = AC FO

I was interested in the story about Tevez - both sides have burnt thier bridges and if we had any iota of intelligence we would be making serious inquires as we speak.....I know he doesnt want to stay in England but;

1) he would play week in week out for us
2) is not yet cup tied CL
3) London is better than Manachester

Inter Milan and Juventus fancy moving for Carlos Tevez in January and believe they can now get the Manchester City rebel for a cut-price fee of around £20m. Paris Saint-Germain are also interested.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Cripps_orig
30-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Manchester City are reportedly interested in signing Arsenal striker Robin van Persie as a ready-made replacement for wantaway forward Carlos Tevez. Full story: the IndependentValencia are set to hold contract renewal talks with striker Francisco Alcacer in a bid to put an end to Arsenal's interest in the player. Full story: talkSPORTArsenal manager Arsene Wenger is rumoured to be interested in signing QPR playmaker Adel Taarabt in the January transfer window. Full story: Caught Offside.

Syn
30-09-2011, 11:13 PM

Another +1 on the post count. Good job.

Marc Overmars
30-09-2011, 11:15 PM
I think the greatest +1 yet is the introduction of "c". :lol:

Syn
30-09-2011, 11:20 PM
That at least has a meaning (albeit a copied shortcut stemning from my use of HB for happy birthday). A quote from "caught offside" and a "." as a message...WTF is that?

In other news, RVP isn't going anywhere. He's not a cunt like Cesc or Nasri. He is a stubborn, petulant, incredibly talented fuckwit who'll stay with Arsenal.

Cripps_orig
30-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Another +1 on the post count. Good job. Nah. Just had nothing to say about the rumours

Syn
30-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Nah. Just had nothing to say about the rumours

That's because it was a pointless and utterly unrealistic 'rumour'.

Nice one.

Kano
01-10-2011, 12:19 AM
That at least has a meaning (albeit a copied shortcut stemning from my use of HB for happy birthday). A quote from "caught offside" and a "." as a message...WTF is that?

In other news, RVP isn't going anywhere. He's not a cunt like Cesc or Nasri. He is a stubborn, petulant, incredibly talented fuckwit who'll stay with Arsenal.

no he won't. he's in his late 20's and will go abroad, most probably to italy which would be perfect for him. not sure about his muslim family in that right wing country but money = protection. unless you are Ahn Jung-hwan

Syn
01-10-2011, 12:22 AM
no he won't. he's in his late 20's and will go abroad, most probably to italy which would be perfect for him. not sure about his muslim family in that right wing country but money = protection. unless you are Ahn Jung-hwan

Nah. Too late in the day for anyone decent to be interested. He's ours as long as we want him.

Kano
01-10-2011, 12:27 AM
everyone associated with football has the shortest memory known to any mammal, so one bright year and some mug somewhere will poach him. fuck, if ranieri can get job after job, then the choco leg boy can too

Master Splinter
01-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Pathetic hacks following GW's lead on rubbish rumours again :bow:.

Surprised it took a couple of days though.

Joker
01-10-2011, 09:55 AM

Italy is not a "right wing" country. The socialists and communists are much stronger there than they are in this country.

Cripps_orig
02-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Under-fire Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is reportedly planning a move for Ajax pair Jan Vertonghen and Christian Eriksen in the January transfer window. Full story: CaughtOffsideBarcelona boss Pep Guardiola is rumoured to be monitoring Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny. Full story: CaughtOffsideWouldn't mind Vertonghen and especially Eriksen here. Better than anything we have. As for the other rumour, :lol: Barca are welcome to him if we can bring in a world class keeper

Niall_Quinn
03-10-2011, 01:12 AM
We're buying everyone in January then. Which means we're buying nobody.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Wouldn't mind Vertonghen and especially Eriksen here. Better than anything we have. As for the other rumour, :lol: Barca are welcome to him if we can bring in a world class keeper

Yes to Vertonghen.....no to lettling scvhjbdfsf go...........Eriksen not sure

Cripps_orig
03-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Arsenal, Newcastle, Manchester City and Tottenham are all interested in signing French teenager M'Baye Niang, 16, from Caen according to reports in France.
Full story: Footie-online

yay

Özim
03-10-2011, 07:56 PM
yay
He's the new Vieira :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
03-10-2011, 11:20 PM
He's the new Vieira :coffee:

He's the new, new Vieira, which means he's the new Diaby.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-10-2011, 08:13 PM
He's the new, new Vieira, which means he's the new Diaby.

Who ?

Cripps_orig
04-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Who ?

Basically Gervinho without a forehead

Master Splinter
04-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Basically Gervinho without a forehead

And no brain whatsoever.

Cripps_orig
06-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Arsenal are reportedly interested in signing Padova striker Ousmane Drame, according to his agent.Full story: Inside FutbolCan see this happening

Olivier's xmas twist
06-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Can see this happening

Oh feck off if true gets some quality in ffs

hymppi
06-10-2011, 06:19 PM
fear not, fellow gooners!

http://www.theshortfuse.com/2011/10/6/2472910/arsenal-to-replace-right-back-position-with-golden-corral-franchise?

Arsenal have revealed today a rather stunning tactical evolution of the 4-2-3-1 system that they have been using for the past couple of years, as manager Arsène Wenger revealed that they have decided to replace the right back in their setup with a Golden Corral family-style buffet restaurant. "We have suffered with injuries to key players this year, and while Carl Jenkinson has tremendous, tremendous potential, we felt that a little bit more depth was necessary, and a buffet offers an outstanding tactical alternative for all types of matches," said the Frenchman, who many credit with revolutionizing nutrition and lifestyle for footballers fifteen years ago in England.

The following diagram, thought to have been hastily cobbled together by Boro Primorac (why the different color text, for instance?), was passed around the press area at the Emirates:

Wenger elaborated further when pressed about his new formation:

"We know, for example, that many players lose a little bit physically late in the half. A player like Song, for example, I cannot expect him to be as fresh in the 40th minute as in the first. But we know that he likes gravy in the wide areas, and this allows him to play more his natural game.

This move has the additional benefit of making life difficult for the opposition. Many players suffer when put under pressure by soft serve, for example. You think of a player like Bale or Cole, whom we know very well, these players have a natural tendency to fade a bit after too much roast turkey. And the name, we know very well also, Golden Corral, it is a strong name that suggests containment and defensive solidity, which maybe we lack little bit at the back this year.

This, of course, is in addition to the added revenue stream for the club. I know you like to give me a little bit stick for not signing new players all the time, but if I see a franchise of similar quality, I will not hesitate if it makes the team stronger."

The new formation will take some time to adjust to, no doubt; Golden Corral has historically struggled with its on-pitch temperature control, for example, and adapting from standard American-style fare to sausage rolls, chicken pies, and curry will not happen overnight. Still, it is a bold move for a club under its highest level of pressure since Wenger's arrival, and and this point, cover for Jenkinson, the club's only senior right back, is necessary. Many former players such as Lee Dixon and Martin Keown have hinted at Arsenal's lack of willingness to play their drinks fountain in a deeper position, so hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Ollie the Optimist
06-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Bobby Pires has given himself two weeks to find a new club or he will retire, rumours are he is training with us right now to keep fitness etc. i think wenger should do a sol and sign him up again. nothing to lose, loves the club and hes better then fat fuck

Fist of Lehmann
06-10-2011, 08:59 PM
nothing to lose, loves the club and hes better then fat fuckDunno, the guy can barely break into a trot these days.

But then again, I guess neither can Pires.

Master Splinter
06-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Pires is a Must Get.

He's also quite handsome :loveblush:.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Bobby Pires has given himself two weeks to find a new club or he will retire, rumours are he is training with us right now to keep fitness etc. i think wenger should do a sol and sign him up again. nothing to lose, loves the club and hes better then fat fuck

The board will never let this happen, it would kill them to waste money on a 38 year old. Bring him back as a coach fine but as a player no way

Cripps_orig
07-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Arsenal captain Robin Van Persie has put Premier League rivals Manchester City and Manchester United on red alert, after hinting that he wants to remain in the Premier League if he does end up leaving the Gunners. Full story: MetroArsenal and Manchester United target Mario Gotze's agent has declared his client is very unlikely to leave Borussia Dortmund before the end of his contract in 2014. Full story: Inside FutbolArsenal are rumoured to have revived their interest in Anderlecht midfielder Lucas Biglia. Full story: Footie-onlineArsenal gossip and rumours today

Japan Shaking All Over
07-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Biglia :hail:

MS :hail:

MOC :hail:

Olivier's xmas twist
08-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Arsenal and Liverpool are going head-to-head in a battle to sign Chelsea's Salomon Kalou in a cut-price deal when the January transfer window opens.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Arsenal could be ready to provide Per Mertesacker with a new centre-back partner, Schalke's Benedikt Höwedes.
Full story: Footy Bunker

And the Gunners are also in the hunt for Valencia's exciting winger Pablo Hernandez.
Full story: Inside Futbol

OTHER GOSSIP
Arsene Wenger will nominate his successor when he decides to quit as Arsenal manager.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

AND FINALLY
Arsenal starlet Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has revealed he's about to move into his own house for the first time - but hopes his mum will keep doing his washing for him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm

Cripps_orig
08-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Arsenal and Liverpool are going head-to-head in a battle to sign Chelsea's Salomon Kalou in a cut-price deal when the January transfer window opens. Full story: Sunday MirrorArsenal could be ready to provide Per Mertesacker with a new centre-back partner, Schalke's Benedikt Höwedes. Full story: Footy BunkerAnd the Gunners are also in the hunt for Valencia's exciting winger Pablo Hernandez. Full story: Inside FutbolKalou is a bit shit. Howedes is pretty decent. Never heard of Hernandez.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-10-2011, 03:39 AM
Kalou's name has been mentioned on a number of occasions, could be good with regular football but would not be overly excited either way

not too sure bout the other 2 but would still prefer one of either Cahill, Jags or Vertongen, seeing alot of CL football recently and although Ajax lost to Real Vertongen seems a good player

Joker
09-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Oh great, more cut price crap.

Coney
09-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Oh great, more rumour crap.

:good:

Japan Shaking All Over
09-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Oh great, more cut price crap.

Are you new around here?

Olivier's xmas twist
09-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Are you new around here?

yes he's a Citeh fan only used to the good stuff tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
09-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina claims the club blocked him from making a £20million move to Arsenal in the summer of 2010. Reina admits he was tempted to leave Merseyside after returning from Spain's victorious World Cup campaign last year to find the Reds in a downward spiral.

Manager Rafa Benitez had been sacked, while director Christian Purslow was desperately seeking new owners to replace Tom Hicks and George Gillett as the club struggled under a financial crisis.

Blocked
The Spaniard's head was turned by the Gunners but says Liverpool rejected their £20m bid and stopped him from making a switch to North London because they feared his exit would dissuade potential buyers.

"I went from elation one minute to depression the next as the realisation dawned that Liverpool were going nowhere fast," said Reina in his new autobiography.

"Arsenal had made their determination to sign me clear by offering £20m, a phenomenal amount for a goalkeeper. Part of me felt that I was well within my rights to consider my future even if I did so with a heavy heart."

Pepe Reina

Quotes of the week

"When I signed my contract in April 2010 I hoped that better times were just around the corner, a feeling that was fuelled by the promises of improvement from people at the club.

"It didn't take me long to feel that their promises were hollow. I felt betrayed. Our owners were at war with each other, the club's debts were spiralling out of control and a change in manager had failed to dispel the feeling that we were on the road to nowhere.

"Arsenal had made their determination to sign me clear by offering £20m, a phenomenal amount for a goalkeeper. Part of me felt that I was well within my rights to consider my future even if I did so with a heavy heart.

"When Liverpool received the bid, they rejected it. This was not because I had been told that I was too good a keeper to leave. The reason I was given was quite different - and it left me feeling down. I was told that my continued presence was crucial to the sale of the club. I was simply a bargaining chip in the sales process.

"I still don't know what to think of Purslow because I understand he was there to look for new owners and to try to sell the club but ultimately he was making big football decisions that he was not qualified to make."

Reina made no secret of the fact he wanted Hicks and Gillett out ahead of Fenway Sports Group's takeover of the club last October.

The 29-year-old admits he would have liked fans favourites Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher to have joined him in getting behind the supporters' protests to oust the American owners.

Objector
"I was probably one of the loudest objectors because I believed it was important the supporters knew I was with them," he said.

"All I wanted the owners to do was sell up to people who could take the club forward, so I said so.

"The way I saw it, Stevie and Carra are the two principle members of our squad, the ones who the people love and if they had said something maybe it would have put Hicks and Gillett under real pressure."

"But in their view, it was more important to try to keep things as normal as possible."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11669_7232275,00.html

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 01:45 PM
FFS

Bet hes glad he didnt join now

But to think we could have had the best keeper in England playing for us only for the Liverpool cunts to not sell

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2011, 01:59 PM
glad he didnt sign, would have meant losing Chesney.

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Reinas better and Ssdhkhny could have been 2nd choice and learnt from Reina

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Reinas better and Ssdhkhny could have been 2nd choice and learnt from Reina

learn what? reina hasnt been great these last few seasons, more mistakes creeping into his game. would rather have chesney as number 1 then reina. but of course you wont see that, as you hate chesney so much cos you refuse to admit wenger actually did some good

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2011, 02:04 PM
but then again you proved you know nothing about goalkeepers when you said de gea was better then chesney. who is number 1 and who has been dropped for being shit?

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Learn what? How to be a quality keeper for one thing.

Slkdejfsdlkfjny has talent but hes still young and another player we cant wait for to come good in this terrible time we are going through.

Of course you'd rather have Sadfn,asmdnny. Hes already here and you think you have to have some loyalty to our players no matter how shit or good they are. I however just want better players as im through the showing loyalty to our players phase as you will be when you get older

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Learn what? How to be a quality keeper for one thing.

Slkdejfsdlkfjny has talent but hes still young and another player we cant wait for to come good in this terrible time we are going through.

Of course you'd rather have Sadfn,asmdnny. Hes already here and you think you have to have some loyalty to our players no matter how shit or good they are. I however just want better players as im through the showing loyalty to our players phase as you will be when you get older

:haha: as i said, you just refuse to accept he is good because it means you have to admit wenger did something good for the club.

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 02:09 PM
but then again you proved you know nothing about goalkeepers when you said de gea was better then chesney. who is number 1 and who has been dropped for being shit?

Wtf has De Gea got to do with it? Shit? Hes played in all but one League game and the one he didnt play in, it was against a nothing team so Fergie wanted to try out their other keeper.

Of course only you would think a keeper who concedes 8 goals in the same match as the other keeper playing on the other end who also saved a penalty when the score was only 1-0, is better

In short, another Ollie shocker :haha:

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 02:10 PM
:haha: as i said, you just refuse to accept he is good because it means you have to admit wenger did something good for the club.

So you think SHksjfhsdkjny has come good? :doh:

And you have the nerve to say i know nothing about keepers :doh:

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Wtf has De Gea got to do with it? Shit? Hes played in all but one League game and the one he didnt play in, it was against a nothing team so Fergie wanted to try out their other keeper.

Of course only you would think a keeper who concedes 8 goals in the same match as the other keeper playing on the other end who also saved a penalty when the score was only 1-0, is better

In short, another Ollie shocker :haha:

he saved a shit penalty, if he didnt save that it would have been shocking. he also let a walcott shot go through his legs in a shocking attempt for a save. you said he was better then chesney, you have been proved wrong

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2011, 02:14 PM
So you think SHksjfhsdkjny has come good? :doh:

And you have the nerve to say i know nothing about keepers :doh:

how many points has chesney saved us since he became number 1? loads, he has come good, everyone bar you says it. going to agree with bob wilson, david seaman and oliver kahn when it comes to judging keepers not you. think they know more

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 02:17 PM
he saved a shit penalty, if he didnt save that it would have been shocking. he also let a walcott shot go through his legs in a shocking attempt for a save. you said he was better then chesney, you have been proved wrong

Shit penalty :lol:

Skdkjfshdfny let in 8 at the other end including 2 free kicks, one of which was an error and the other he didnt even try

De Gea has been quality for Atletico and the Spanish Under 21s and would already be Spain number one had it not been for arguably the best 2 keepers around in Casillas and Reina. You've hardly seen the guy play bar one or twice so why im goin through this again when you have had so many shockers.

Its a laugh though and im bored and your stupidity amuses me cos you clearly know f all about football.

Next topic, remind me again how good Arsenal and Wenger are :haha:

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 02:18 PM
how many points has chesney saved us since he became number 1? loads, he has come good, everyone bar you says it. going to agree with bob wilson, david seaman and oliver kahn when it comes to judging keepers not you. think they know more

I never said he was shit though. I said Reina was better which he is. Anyone can see that. You just think Sjdslkjfsdlkjny is better cos he already plays for us and mostly cos youre an idiot

Olivier's xmas twist
09-10-2011, 02:19 PM
glad he didnt sign, would have meant losing Chesney.

Not really it would have meant we had 2 great keepers and could rely in either one and we may have won a cup with him in goal last season

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Not really it would have meant we had 2 greak keepers and could rely in either one and we may have won a cup with him in goal last season

Stop speaking sense

Scxvnxcnvmny is better. I have no proof of this bar he already plays for us so he must be the best around

: ollie: :hp: :theultimate: etc

Ollie the Optimist
09-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Shit penalty :lol:

Skdkjfshdfny let in 8 at the other end including 2 free kicks, one of which was an error and the other he didnt even try

De Gea has been quality for Atletico and the Spanish Under 21s and would already be Spain number one had it not been for arguably the best 2 keepers around in Casillas and Reina. You've hardly seen the guy play bar one or twice so why im goin through this again when you have had so many shockers.

Its a laugh though and im bored and your stupidity amuses me cos you clearly know f all about football.

Next topic, remind me again how good Arsenal and Wenger are :haha:

haha i dont even know where to start with that. fine lets say chesney has made mistakes with those two free kicks, and the one against scum. de gea has made more, west brom and us twice, drops crosses, and has looked very shakey against chelsea unlike chesney. fergie has dropped him twice now so obviously he is an amazing keeper.
lets compare, torres goes through and de gea is rounded, should have scored, when adebayor was through, chesney produced a fantastic save.

you dont rate chesney, everyone else does. if you want to argue with bob wilson and david seaman who are our two greatest keepers then fine, you just cant admit you are wrong as when it comes down to it, it means you ahve to admit wenger did good and you just cant do that.

Marc Overmars
09-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Good read.

Master Splinter
09-10-2011, 05:11 PM
yes he's a Citeh fan only used to the good stuff tbh

Master Splinter
09-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Thank fuck we didn't sign Reina. He's been shit for a while now.

But he is faultless though tbf.

Coney
09-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Not really it would have meant we had 2 greak keepers and could rely in either one and we may have won a cup with him in goal last season

I thought Szczęsny was Polish, not Greek.

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is set to recruit another Spanish prospect, Jose Rodriguez, after setting up a deal with his club Real Madrid. Full story: Daily MirrorChelsea are leading Manchester City and Arsenal in the hunt for Real Madrid's 15-year-old striker Jose Angel Pozo. Full story: Daily MailI can see both happening.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-10-2011, 11:26 PM
I thought Szczęsny was Polish, not Greek.

CONEY! back to your corner, detention isn't over yet!

to have signed Reina would have been good, SChdc.asdy is a good keeper who will get better and I am happy with him (the defence in front of him is where I lose my bottle) could have learnt from Pepe but for 20mil, best pocket that and buy in other areas which is what we did and look what has happened :doh:

Shaqiri Is Boss
10-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Signing a good goalkeeper now doesn't automatically condemn a prospect to the bin

Either way, it's all academic when dealing with your defence.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-10-2011, 09:54 PM
ARSENE WENGER admits he tried to sign French playmaker Yoann Gourcuff in the summer.
But he halted a £20million deal when he found out the Lyon midfielder, 25, needed a knee op.Arsenal boss Wenger, who could make a new bid in January, said: "I was interested. Then I learned of his medical condition."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3859886/Arsene-Wenger-pulled-the-plug-on-Yoann-Gourcuff.html

so we was going to pay £20 mill for a CM

Syn
10-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Big fucking deal.

We got more than £20m for Nasri and we got more than £20m for Fabregas.

If we was gonna spend £50m+ on a midfielder, that'd be more interesting.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Big fucking deal.

We got more than £20m for Nasri and we got more than £20m for Fabregas.

If we was gonna spend £50m+ on a midfielder, that'd be more interesting.

i Agree i was highlighting to say it was a bit much for that guy.

Syn
10-10-2011, 11:17 PM
i Agree i was highlighting to say it was a bit much for that guy.

'Value for money' has lost all meaning. Gourcuff is, at the very least, a hugely talented player. When you have just raked in £70m+ odd in revenue from sales - if you have to go above the market rate to get who you want, big deal. People focus too much on price. "£12m on another kid" is what we heard when we signed Oxoface and he looks as good a player as Wilshere. I have no problem with Wenger bidding £20m+ for Gourcuff...but it's fair enough if he backed away because of injury troubles.

Cripps_orig
10-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Arsenal will attempt to sign Lyon midfielder Yoann Gourcuff after the Ligue 1 side's president admitted he will have to sell his stars to balance the books. Full story: CaughtoffsideThe Gunners are also on the trail of Toulouse defender Aymen Abdennour, with scouts tracking his progress in France. The left-back moved to Toulouse from Etoile du Sahel in the summer and has impressed at the Ligue 1 club, with Arsenal keeping tabs on the Tunisia international. Full story: talkSPORTWouldn't mind Gourcuff here. More likely we'll see the French/African nobody here though. Yay

Flavs
11-10-2011, 02:16 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15244182.stm

RvP interesting that crazy russian lot who signed Eto'o and Zhirkov apparently. They can have him for £40mil!

Özim
11-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Wouldn't mind Gourcuff here. More likely we'll see the French/African nobody here though. Yay
Yeah would like him here too.

Cripps_orig
12-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal are interested in Plymouth's 16-year-old winger Matt Lecointe, who is rated as "the next Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain".
Full story: Daily Mirror

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the chase for Fiorentina playmaker Riccardo Montolivo.
Full story: InsideFutbol

Arsenal are facing competition for Lille midfielder Eden Hazard from Real Madrid, according to the Belgian's agent.
Full story: FootyOnline

The Gunners are also looking to sign Porto striker Hulk but his agent says that the north London club will have to pay more than £23m.

Arsenal are watching Tunisian defender Aymen Abdennour, who plays for Toulouse, according to the player himself.
Full story: FootyOnline

Next Oxface already? Ffs let the original get good first. Montolivo, Hazard and Hulk would be awesome. The Tunisian defender can GTFO

Cripps_orig
12-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Arsenal are upping their efforts to sign Anderlecht midfielder Lucas Biglia in the January transfer window.

The 25-year-old Argentinean, who has played in eight of his side's opening nine league games and scored in the 2-2 draw with Mons on the opening day of the season, has been on Arsenal's radar since the summer.

Biglia left Independiente for Europe in 2006 and he is currently under contract at Anderlecht until 2015. The tough-tackling star has been capped six times by his country and won his second title with Anderlecht last season when he helped them regain their crown.

The Ariel Jacobs-managed side would demand at least £8m for their man, who has also attracted interest from Liverpool in the past, but Arsenal are expected to start their usual haggling with an offer closer to £6.5m.

Biglia told Argentinean news agency Telam: "I know that there are movements but they are just usual events to me."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1184/71/arsenal-step-interest-anderlecht-midfielder

yay

Master Splinter
12-10-2011, 09:36 PM
yay

:gp:

Biglia :bow:.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Says Anderlect would demand 8mil for him. . . .my guess is we wont budge from a bid of 7,999,999 for him and he ends up att WHU!

Japan Shaking All Over
14-10-2011, 06:37 AM
BBC via Footybunker have story of a possible move for Drogba - last year of contract, I say yes to this. . .with a fit Jack it would be a very sound move. The guy is getting on a bit but he has goals in him still, and would be able to play up front with RvP in support. Would not cost the earth and starts with one year contract.

Cripps_orig
14-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Arsenal are tracking Udinese winger Gabriel Torje, who's been dubbed the "Romanian Lionel Messi". Full story: Daily MirrorSochaux playmaker Marvin Martin has dealt Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger a major blow by ruling out a January switch from the French Ligue 1 side to the Emirates. Full story: talkSPORTArsenal may consider a shock move for Chelsea striker Didier Drogba who has yet to sign an extension to his Stamford Bridge deal. Full story: Footybunker.comArsenal are reported to have joined the race to sign Dutch side VVV-Venlo's promising 18-year-old Nigerian winger Ahmed Musa. Full story: Inside FutbolI'd take Didier but the rest can fuck off

Olivier's xmas twist
14-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Hulk's agent has declared that interest is growing in the Porto striker but warned potential suitors that he would cost a staggering €100million, following reports that Arsenal were preparing a January move.

Hulk has blossomed into one of the most formidable forwards in European football since joining Porto in 2008 and a number of clubs are believed to have been keeping tabs on his progress.

Porto moved to secure his long-term future over the summer by awarding him a new five-year contract, while there is also a release clause in place of €100million (£87m).

The Portuguese club have no intention of letting him go for anything less but, despite the massive price tag, Hulk's representative Teodoro Fonseca says there is still a lot of interest.

Speculation has suggested that Arsenal are plotting a bid of around £23million, which Fonseca insists would be instantly dismissed.

Figure won't change
Fonseca admits the most recent Arsenal link is news to him, but claims the Gunners have previously been in touch about signing Hulk.

He told Portuguese newspaper A Bola: "Every year there are more clubs interested in Hulk and I am also aware that there are clubs from outside the Premier League interested.

"This Arsenal rumour is news to me but it is true that there has been contact before but nothing happened.

"But I speak often with Porto and the figures have not changed. He will only be sold if someone pays the €100m so this figure of £23m that has appeared would not be considered."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0%2C%2C11670_7237043%2C00%2Ben-USS_01DBC.html

Olivier's xmas twist
14-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Arsenal tried to sign long-term target Eden Hazard in the summer and could face competition from Real Madrid in January, according to the Belgian playmaker's agent.

The 20-year-old has been linked with a move to Emirates Stadium for several years and the speculation increased after the sales of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.

Hazard's agent, John Bico, claims Lille, having already sold Gervinho to Arsenal in July, refused to agree to another deal and they were under no pressure to do so.

The Belgium international is contracted to the French champions until 2015 after signing a one-year extension in March in what could be perceived as a tactic to increase his value.

Bico said in The Sun: "Arsene Wenger wanted Hazard, but Lille said no to the sale last summer. Real Madrid have been watching too."

Hazard has also been linked with Chelsea and Liverpool in the past and is one of the hottest properties in Europe.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7236610,00.html

dazthegooner
14-10-2011, 02:09 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0%2C%2C11670_7237043%2C00%2Ben-USS_01DBC.html

When we played against the Hulk years ago he was shit I would bid 100m Zimbabwe dollers thats what he's worth :good:

Cripps_orig
14-10-2011, 02:29 PM
That was a few years ago though tbh.These days, Hulk is pretty incredible

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
14-10-2011, 02:51 PM
i am not impressed, i think Falcao his former team mate is much better

Cripps_orig
14-10-2011, 03:24 PM
i am not impressed, i think Falcao his former team mate is much better

He was but hes gone.

Hulk is pretty good although prob be in jail soon so wouldnt be surprised if we got him cos Wenger loves getting players who have no future ie Park

Master Splinter
14-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Hulk is pretty good although prob be in jail soon so wouldnt be surprised if we got him cos Wenger loves getting players who have no future ie Park

Great post.

But what are you actually saying?

Cripps_orig
14-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Great post.

But what are you actually saying?

Wengers a cunt

fakeyank
14-10-2011, 05:23 PM

Cripps_orig
14-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Arsenal could go back in for long-term target Lyon midfielder Yoann Gourcuff in January. Full story: talkSPORTArsenal are set to lose out in the race to sign CSKA Moscow striker Wagner Love, who is now expected to join Serie A club Roma. Full story: Footylatest.comChelsea could make a £15m bid for Atletico Madrid defender Diego Godin in January and will apparently fund the deal by selling Alex to Arsenal. Full story: Caught OffsideGourcuff and Alex would be great.

Japan Shaking All Over
15-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Gourcuff and Alex would be great.

I would say yes to Gourcuff, Alex to as it fits with Wengers mindset of picking up things on the cheap rather than pay full whack. . . .this why I think Drogba should be another at Chelsea we should seriously think about.

The Belgium national team could also come up with some hansy dividends, some expensive, some not so, Hazard, Vertongen, Felliani and Witschel

Niall_Quinn
15-10-2011, 02:45 AM
As usual, we do all our best business in the media gossip columns. We'll be able to have a rest from it in the summer when all will be much quieter. Hulk for £23 mill would be a good deal. Provided we threw in a lecture on financial prudence I don't see why they would dismiss our offer.

Master Splinter
15-10-2011, 02:59 AM
Would Hulk smash our transfer record?

GP
15-10-2011, 07:50 AM

Japan Shaking All Over
15-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Would Hulk smash our transfer record?

In an 'Incredible ' way. . . . .

Cripps_orig
15-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Arsenal midfielder Marouane Chamakh is wanted by French Ligue 1 sides Bordeaux, Paris Saint Germain and Lille. Full story: InsideFutbolWojciech Szczesny does not deserve to be first-choice goalkeeper for Arsenal or Poland, according to the man he replaced, Lukasz Fabianski. Full story: MetroMidfielder :lol:And no Szczesny doesn't but neither does Fabianski and seeing Chesneys better of the 2, he can't complain

Japan Shaking All Over
16-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Midfielder :lol:And no Szczesny doesn't but neither does Fabianski and seeing Chesneys better of the 2, he can't complain

I know what you're saying. . . . .

But he does deserve to be our #1 because he is easily the best we have within our establishment, which is how it works. . . .
of course there are plenty of better keepers out there but because they dont play for us which means we have not benefited from their skills they do not warrant mention in an argument about who 'deserves' to play between the sticks.

Coney
16-10-2011, 10:20 AM
I know what you're saying. . . . .

But he does deserve to be our #1 because he is easily the best we have within our establishment, which is how it works. . . .
of course there are plenty of better keepers out there but because they dont play for us which means we have not benefited from their skills they do not warrant mention in an argument about who 'deserves' to play between the sticks.

Fabianski can't hack it. Szechny can and will be a great keeper - if he stays, might be our best ever - that is how good his potential is.

Regardless of whether you agree with that, Fabianski should keep his gob shut and do his work on the training ground and the field if he thinks he is the better keeper.

Japan Shaking All Over
16-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Fabianski can't hack it. Szechny can and will be a great keeper - if he stays, might be our best ever - that is how good his potential is.

Regardless of whether you agree with that, Fabianski should keep his gob shut and do his work on the training ground and the field if he thinks he is the better keeper.

I was talking about Chez deserving #1

Niall_Quinn
16-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Midfielder :lol:And no Szczesny doesn't but neither does Fabianski and seeing Chesneys better of the 2, he can't complain

How much are Bordeaux asking? Whatever the price,we should pay it.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-10-2011, 02:50 PM
How much are Bordeaux asking? Whatever the price,we should pay it.

he was not in the sqaud today i know that made you happy lol.

PS does it matter what they are offering we got him for a free anything above that isa good deal for him lol

Maestro
16-10-2011, 02:58 PM
he was not in the sqaud today i know that made you happy lol.

PS does it matter what they are offering we got him for a free anything above that isa good deal for him lol

meant to say we'll pay them tbf

Japan Shaking All Over
16-10-2011, 05:17 PM
sell Chamak and Bedtner......10 each maybe.......use that and maybe a bit more and Tevez is in the bag........simple ;-/

GP
16-10-2011, 05:23 PM
sell Chamak and Bedtner......10 each maybe.......use that and maybe a bit more and Tevez is in the bag........simple ;-/

Fuck Tevez, and fuck his face!

Marc Overmars
16-10-2011, 05:28 PM

I think someone already did that.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-10-2011, 05:32 PM

More than one person did the damage there.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-10-2011, 06:57 PM

Mancini ?

Japan Shaking All Over
17-10-2011, 12:50 AM

what a reply to wake to. . . .I think I would prefer one of my sons full nappies. . . .so I'm going to have to pass on the suggestion there Grim but. . . .

I dont really care about the face (it could be my arse with a nose for all I care) I just want us to find someone who can score goals the same as RvP, someone to share the workload, to prove to RvP that we have ambition and that his future lies with us.
For 20 mil Tevez would do that and more, TBH he is an example of the politics at Citeh and is sn advertisement of whyvplayers should at least consider moving there, although admittedly he contributed a lot to his own downfall.

hobson's choice
17-10-2011, 03:09 AM
Gorchuff is a great talent, but he seems completely mentally fragile, I don't want that all. Yeah we need great talent, but not mentally weak ones.

Cripps_orig
18-10-2011, 12:05 AM
Arsenal are poised to offer 18-year-old Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba a contract at the Emirates, if he fails to pen a new deal at Old Trafford. Full story: MetroArsenal manager Arsene Wenger is believed to be plotting a move for midfielders Yann M'Vila of Rennes and Sochaux's Marvin Martin. Full story: Inside FutbolArsenal goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski is rumoured to have instructed his agent to find him another club. Full story: Footy-onlineTottenham defender William Gallas has been photographed venturing to arch rivals Arsenal for a catch up with France international friends Bacary Sagna, Robert Pires and Gunners mascot Gunnersaurus. Full story: MetroWho the hell is Paul Pogba? Yay linked with 2 more pub team shite from France. A genuine yay about Fabianski if true. 1 shite keeper down, 2 to go although Almunia is at West Ham atm so really just 1 shite keeper to get rid of. Gallas :bow: how he is missed. Better than all of our CBs

Japan Shaking All Over
18-10-2011, 12:15 AM
Who the hell is Paul Pogba? Yay linked with 2 more pub team shite from France. A genuine yay about Fabianski if true. 1 shite keeper down, 2 to go although Almunia is at West Ham atm so really just 1 shite keeper to get rid of. Gallas :bow: how he is missed. Better than all of our CBs

Pogba, agreed but wouldnt it be great to sign someone from Utd

MVila sounds like exactly what we could do with DM who can distribute. . . .saying that Song may have heard about this Saturday because he played his role very well. . .the competition for places his welcome though

Keeper - Fsbs and Manu GTFO - Ches your place is secure, dont listen to Cripps - Cripps=WUM

Sirjackofwilshere
18-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Pogba is a fantastic prospect. Yes please.

Niall_Quinn
18-10-2011, 03:13 AM
I make that 302 new signings in January so far. Can't wait.

In reality, we'll be signing nobody. The shitbag board won't spend any money, not before they can cash in on RvP, at least, and I can't see him heading out the door in January.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Dong Dong 'Bring out your dead - Bring out your dead'

Shit NQ even a sour puss like you must remember those barmy summer days! When we thought we were going to get laid, get stoned, sign Hazard, Cahill, MVila, Jags and the like. . . .just for one minute wouldnt you like to be there again?

Niall_Quinn
18-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Dong Dong 'Bring out your dead - Bring out your dead'

Shit NQ even a sour puss like you must remember those barmy summer days! When we thought we were going to get laid, get stoned, sign Hazard, Cahill, MVila, Jags and the like. . . .just for one minute wouldnt you like to be there again?

You think PHW will throw rocks at the fans before he fucks us over this summer? Could be.

milla
18-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Pogba, agreed but wouldnt it be great to sign someone from Utd

MVila sounds like exactly what we could do with DM who can distribute. . . .saying that Song may have heard about this Saturday because he played his role very well. . .the competition for places his welcome though

Keeper - Fsbs and Manu GTFO - Ches your place is secure, dont listen to Cripps - Cripps=WUM

Dont want Yann M'Vila.We already have too many of these type, just need to bed them in (LeCoq,fit again Diaby, Frimpong and Aneke). Marvin Martin however would make a good replacement for Nasri, add Gotze to the list and we'll get 2007/08 style of football again. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
18-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Arsenal and Tottenham target Samir Handanovic has been handed a hefty £17million price tag by his club Udinese.

The 27-year-old, who has been labelled 'as one of the top three goalkeepers in Serie A' by Italian legend Dino Zoff, has recently said that he would be open to a move to a bigger club in order to progress his career.

However, Udinese president Franco Soldati has vowed to keep hold of the shotstopper, unless they get an offer which is too good to turn down.

He is quoted in Italian newspaper Gazetta Dello Sport as saying: "He is not for sale unless we get a tempting offer from outside Udinese."

The Slovenian goalkeeper is under contract at the club until June 2016 and saved a penalty from Manchester United's Nemanja Vidic in Slovenia's 1-0 victory over Serbia.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1202/53/udinese-slap-%C2%A317m-price-tag-keeper-arsenal-and-spurs-circle

Brilliant keeper. Would love him here.

Master Splinter
18-10-2011, 04:19 PM

He is.

But Szczesny is better and will become even more impressive as he gets older.

But of course you knew this already.

Cripps_orig
18-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Well no Scdjfjfny isnt better but he will get better as he gets older so youre half right which is pretty good for you tbh

Master Splinter
18-10-2011, 04:31 PM
I've seen Handy make quite a few mistakes over the years. Even in the World Cup last year. There's nothing he's shown better than Szczesny.

But of course you knew this already.

Cripps_orig
18-10-2011, 04:34 PM

I love this "he plays for Arsenal so there is no one better than him ever in the history of the world" logic Gooners have. I used to be like that. I grew up though :(

Oh for the days of watching Arsenal and backing them no matter what. Fucking Wenger has taken all our enthusiasm from the club. Cunt

Olivier's xmas twist
18-10-2011, 04:40 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1202/53/udinese-slap-%C2%A317m-price-tag-keeper-arsenal-and-spurs-circle

why would be pay 17 million for a keeper when we have a better 1

Master Splinter
18-10-2011, 05:32 PM
I grew up though

Your posts today have been great evidence of this.

Cripps_orig
19-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Manchester United are set to pip Arsenal to the signing of the 'new Luka Modric', Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Mateo Kovacic.

Arsenal winger Theo Walcott has become a surprise transfer target for Serie A giants Juventus.

Real Madrid could tempt Arsenal into selling skipper Robin van Persie next summer by making a £30m offer for the striker.
Full story: Caught Offside

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has pledged his commitment to the Gunners and promised to see out the three seasons left on his contract.
Full story: Daily Star

West Ham's on-loan goalkeeper Manuel Almunia is hoping to extend his stay at the Boleyn Ground from Arsenal.
Full story: the Sun

Arsenal skipper Robin van Persie has urged defender Thomas Vermaelen to ditch his beloved retro Nissan Figaro now that he has signed a new contract with the Gunners.

Manchester United are top of the league again - as Britain's most hated club. The 19-time champions pulled in more almost a third of the total vote in a survey of fans. Chelsea - three-times Premier League champions - got 10% of the hate vote, with Arsenal just behind them with 9.3%.
Full story: Daily Star

Mancs are welcome to him

Hope Theo doesnt leave

Swap Higuain for RVP :pray:

3 more years of shite coming up

bye

Whats wrong with a Nissan Figaro?

Did this survey ask Arsenal fans about Arsenal? Doubt it otherwise we'd be top

Cripps_orig
19-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Hamburg have stolen a march on a host of Premier League sides, including Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester City in the race for Basle midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri. Full story: MetroChelsea look set to battle it out with Arsenal and Liverpool to sign Lille winger Eden Hazard. Full story: Caught OffsideHow do Hamburg get all these quality players? We have to get Shaqiri. Would also love Hazard here. Both of them in January would be great.

Niall_Quinn
19-10-2011, 11:37 PM
£30mill for RvP - the jokes just keep on coming. He's worth £75mill - £90mill based on the bullshit amounts being paid for strikers with half his quality. Can see the board settling for a much lower fee though, say £12mill plus an all expenses paid trip to a gay under-age orgy.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-10-2011, 08:18 AM
£30mill for RvP - the jokes just keep on coming. He's worth £75mill - £90mill based on the bullshit amounts being paid for strikers with half his quality. Can see the board settling for a much lower fee though, say £12mill plus an all expenses paid trip to a gay under-age orgy.

Yeah but to them, he is nearing 30 and injury prone they'd say lol. Only the Russians or City or PSG would pay silly money for him lol

Japan Shaking All Over
20-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Can see a lot of factors coming into play when a transfer fee is thrashed out. . .injury record being one of them. . .
but hopefully it shouldnt come to that and we do enough to show RvP that his future a la Bergkamp stylie lies with us.

I get nervous when I hear Wenger mention again that

1) we have money
2) will buy if the right player becomes available
3) have players yet to return from injury and when they do we have a big squad
4) and that the team is starting to perform

If we have the money SPEND IT because the right players ARE available and it would be great to see them ADDED to our already so called big squad and I am sure we WILL perform even better.

I think we are two decent transfer windows away from a decent team

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Yeah but to them, he is nearing 30 and injury prone they'd say lol. Only the Russians or City or PSG would pay silly money for him lol

Don't care if his leg has fallen off, the fact he's not Ibrahimovic should add at least £50mill to the fee.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Can see a lot of factors coming into play when a transfer fee is thrashed out. . .injury record being one of them. . .
but hopefully it shouldnt come to that and we do enough to show RvP that his future a la Bergkamp stylie lies with us.

1) we have money

If we have the money SPEND IT because the right players ARE available and it would be great to see them ADDED to our already so called big squad and I am sure we WILL perform even better.

And the board thinks they are two decent transfer windows away from a drunken Roman toga party on a new yacht, and they are far more likely to be right.

selassie
20-10-2011, 01:48 PM

1) we have money

I think Wenger will come out with stuff like we are "growing" as a team and "dont' forget this team has only been together a few months" come the January Window.

I don't think we'll buy what we NEED come January or even next Summer for that matter. It will be "bargain bucket" type signings & more youth.

Cripps_orig
20-10-2011, 01:51 PM
I think Wenger will come out with stuff like we are "growing" as a team and "dont' forget this team has only been together a few months" come the January Window.

I don't think we'll buy what we NEED come January or even next Summer for that matter. It will be "bargain bucket" type signings & more youth.

Pretty much.

He'll also use the "We dont want to kill <insert player name>" excuse.

The Verminator
20-10-2011, 11:39 PM
And the board thinks they are two decent transfer windows away from a drunken Roman toga party on a new yacht, and they are far more likely to be right.

:d

Japan Shaking All Over
21-10-2011, 03:14 AM

If invites are forthcoming, I'm leaning towards forgiveness :lick lips:

IBK
21-10-2011, 08:46 AM
See here's how its going to go. We will see a limited improvement in the team this season, but performances will continue to stutter, and matchday attendances will continue to dwindle. We will by noone of any note in January, and will finish outside the top four. This will mean a so-called 'big signing' in the Summer as the board desperately tries to shore the crumbling regime up but even then don't expect anyone other than someone of Gervinho's status.

I'm afraid that our expectations re big signings are way out of date, because we are over, for the forseeable future, as a 'big' club and the glory days of the early 00's aren't coming back.

LDG
21-10-2011, 09:18 AM
See here's how its going to go. We will see a limited improvement in the team this season, but performances will continue to stutter, and matchday attendances will continue to dwindle. We will by noone of any note in January, and will finish outside the top four. This will mean a so-called 'big signing' in the Summer as the board desperately tries to shore the crumbling regime up but even then don't expect anyone other than someone of Gervinho's status.

I'm afraid that our expectations re big signings are way out of date, because we are over, for the forseeable future, as a 'big' club and the glory days of the early 00's aren't coming back.

Misery.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Good sum up which is difficult to disagree with. . . .however as much as our so called glory days of earlier are over so are the time of one club domination.

I think football is very much entering a state of 'beat the Joneses', the top clubs will go head to head to out do each other when it comes to splashing the cash, and they will get around any rules football bodies lay down.
It will be quite interesting to see what happens to UTD when SAF finally decides to call it a day.

I do believe that we can drag ourselves to an on par level but it will take time and maybe a change in the way we do things, hopefully the others wont be a million miles out of reach by then. . . .

LDG
21-10-2011, 12:10 PM
People tend to get carried away with the gap in quality between sides.

There is this worry that the gap will get bigger and bigger....but that just isn't the case. There are too many good footballers out there to let that happen, because not every good player can play for one of a handful of moneybags clubs.

We may fall short of those who have it all, but generally speaking footballers want to play....and there are only so many players a club can buy.

If City want to be the very best, they'll have to discard some of the players they have on their books, because of the squad size rulings.

All we need to do as a club is show that we have some balls. We do need to invest in the playing staff, and that will in turn attract names, but we need to get back to basics first, and the signs are good just recently.

If we can nick a CL spot again this season, it'll put us right back up there....assuming of course Mr Wenger wants to spend some dosh.

IBK
21-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Misery.

Not for me. As a fan you follow your club and take what you can, and like you I am enjoying seeing us trying to bounce back after a disastrous 6/7 months. But I have forced myself to accept the reality of where we are and to lower my expectations accordingly.

Re attendances and signings - I am afraid that the board have failed to recognise reality. Because there is no way they are going to get away with charging the most in the country for seats, when in terms of star quality and playing ability we have drifted so far behind the best teams.

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Because there is no way they are going to get away with charging the most in the country for seats, when in terms of star quality and playing ability we have drifted so far behind the best teams.

They sort of are getting away with it at the moment though. Who knows what their plans are? Maybe another few months of screwing the fans will be enough to get them whatever it is they have on the agenda. Then it's up to Stan to make a run of it, though I'm sure his plans are already carefully constructed. Same thing can be said about the team.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Defo Stan is a man with a plan. . . .

Can see him dumping us, cashing in and then we will be left with. . . .(our very own Gulag superintendent )

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Defo Stan is a man with a plan. . . .

Can see him dumping us, cashing in and then we will be left with. . . .(our very own Gulag superintendent )

That's where I think it's going. Al Capone has offered well above the going rate, so Stan is sitting on a goldmine he can cash in whenever he wants. Plus there would probably be other interested (and unsavoury) parties. This is still a big club a few quid short of pushing into the big time.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Unsavoury characters huh?

Can see it now players being used as drug mules on the Trans Siberian as our pre season tour shifts to other clims

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Unsavoury characters huh?

Can see it now players being used as drug mules on the Trans Siberian as our pre season tour shifts to other clims

That's if the idiot drunk doesn't get banged up for crashing his car.

Master Splinter
21-10-2011, 08:39 PM
That's if the idiot drunk doesn't get banged up for crashing his car.

Merse is back?

Japan Shaking All Over
21-10-2011, 09:24 PM
nah, hes talking about Steve Burtenshaw. . .

fakeyank
22-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Kroenke is going to turn things around. A good man he is. :good:

Japan Shaking All Over
22-10-2011, 04:58 PM
commentator on the L'pool game mentioned their spending was 60 mil this summer, add that to what they spent in January (OK minus the Torres fee) plus previous seasons.

Just imagine if we...........did half the business they do

Japan Shaking All Over
23-10-2011, 06:58 AM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is preparing substantial bids for two players he feels could help the North London club secure a crucial top four spot. The Gunners manager will reportedly make offers for Werder Bremen youngster Marko Marin and Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente as he looks to freshen up his attacking options in January.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/10/21/arsenal-plot-45m-january-bid-to-sign-two-big-names-to-help-secure-crucial-top-four-spot/

Arry also talking about taking Tevez.......this should be what Wenger is thinking about

Super Ghel
23-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Kroenke is going to turn things around. A good man he is. :good:

And the irony of the mind blowing statement above is:

Kroenke and the board are... Wengerites!!

fakeyank
23-10-2011, 12:33 PM
And the irony of the mind blowing statement above is:

Kroenke and the board are... Wengerites!!

Yo momma..

Cripps_orig
23-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is looking to bring in Werder Bremen winger Marko Marin and Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente as he tries to freshen up his attacking options in January.
Full story: Caught offside

Llorente is a must get

Cripps_orig
23-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Inter Milan are set to go head-to-head with Arsenal for the signature of Marseille winger Andre Ayew. Full story: MetroLiverpool and Tottenham are continuing to monitor Werder Bremen's German international playmaker Marko Marin, with Arsenal and Chelsea also interested in the midfielder. Full story: Daily MailEngland winger Theo Walcott is ready to snub a big-money move to Juventus by signing a new contract with Arsenal. Full story: MetroArsenal are looking at Macclesfield Town's teenage defender Elliott Hewitt. The 17-year-old has already played for the Wales Under-21 side. Full story: Daily MailAyew is shit.Marko Marin is average.Great news about Theo. The Pub Teamer defender can fuck off

Marc Overmars
23-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Llorente would be a great bit of business but I don't see how he fits into our formation.

Master Splinter
24-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Llorente would be a great bit of business but I don't see how he fits into our formation.

Right wing, like Dennis Bendtner.

Cripps_orig
24-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Replacement for RVP when he fucks off in January

fakeyank
24-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Dennis Bendtner.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Replacement for RVP when he fucks off in January

That's more than likely, provided the RvP fee is higher.

milla
24-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Right wing, like Dennis Bendtner.

Dennis Bendtner is doing well now, he got few goals and some assist. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
24-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Arsenal are contemplating a £12m bid for Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan in the January transfer window. Full story: Caught OffsideBolton defender Gary Cahill has put Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham on alert by criticising his side's current form. The London trio are considering making bids for the England player in January. Full story: MetroAccording to reports in Spain, Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Granero is set to snub interest from Arsenal and sign for Malaga instead. Full story: TalkSPORTBannan is shite. No thanks. Cahill is average and has had a shocker of a season so far. Wouldn't mind Granero here though but I can see why he'd join an ambitious club over us though

Thierrymon
26-10-2011, 03:23 AM
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/879634-arsenal-braced-for-theo-walcott-bid-from-barcelona#ixzz1boJvEOOX

Barca after theo apparently :wacko:

Boss
26-10-2011, 03:49 AM
They can have him for what we paid for him, or Thiago in exchange ty.

LDG
26-10-2011, 08:19 AM
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/879634-arsenal-braced-for-theo-walcott-bid-from-barcelona#ixzz1boJvEOOX

Barca after our players shocker.

Funny innit. Wenger is crap, yet the best team in the world always want our players.

Power n Glory
26-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Barca after our players shocker.

Funny innit. Wenger is crap, yet the best team in the world always want our players.

Yes, they want his players, not him.

LDG
26-10-2011, 08:44 AM
:wacko:

GP
26-10-2011, 08:53 AM
:wacko:

Letters
26-10-2011, 09:03 AM

:doh:

dazthegooner
26-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Walcott to Barca I don't think so unless they know something we don't they play a passing game not the strongest part of his game :lol:

LDG
26-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Walcott to Barca I don't think so unless they know something we don't they play a passing game not the strongest part of his game :lol:

Well, they were scared shitless of him in CL games where he played. And with their passing game, his speed in behind would get them a lot of goals tbf. Played in his natural position of course....

Coney
26-10-2011, 11:13 AM
They probably think he will be quickly able to learn to dive, hold his face as if punched and so on. :good:

Dog Toffee
26-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Yes, they want his players, not him.

Ha. 1/10

Coney
26-10-2011, 11:20 AM

However, Walcott has recently declared his desire to begin contract negotiations with Arsenal, and although a potential switch to the Spanish giants may turn his head, Emirates chiefs are quietly confident that a new deal can be struck.

Translation:- "Now that he has spoken to Barca and got them to start making hints, Walcott's agent is now getting things moving at the Arsenal knowing his commission will now look much fatter".

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Translation:- "Now that he has spoken to Barca and got them to start making hints, Walcott's agent is now getting things moving at the Arsenal knowing his commission will now look much fatter".

Might just be a case of Barca not feeling complete unless they are tapping-up our players. It's a way of life for them now so when Cesc signed it must have left a big hole in their lives.

Japan Shaking All Over
26-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Somebody should tell them Eboue has already left!

Cripps_orig
27-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Paris Saint-Germain are ready to battle it out with Manchester United and Arsenal for the signature of Lille midfielder Eden Hazard.
Full story: talkSPORT (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1227/75/psg-ready-fight-man-united-and-arsenal-land-hazard)

Valencia look set to go head to head with Arsenal to sign Sochaux midfielder Marvin Martin.
Full story: talkSPORT (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1228/08/valencia-rival-arsenal-sochaux-stars-signature)

Sevilla goalkeeper Javi Varas is being linked with a move to Arsenal next summer.
Full story: Caught Offside (http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/10/26/arsenal-plot-summer-move-for-5m-spanish-goalkeeper/)

Hazard wont be coming then. Valencia can have Martin. Was only a matter of time before we were linked with Varas :lol:

Would love him here

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2011, 03:30 PM
All of these transfer rumours are illogical bollocks. The fact Chesney is wearing the #1 shirt this year means he'll be wearing it next year and he's done well enough to deserve it. So we won't be signing a goalkeeper unless Fab wants out - even then it will be a #2 we're after. Why the blokes from Caught Offside don't understand this is strange. They should be called CaughtWithTheirTrousersDownFatCunts.