PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39]

Kano
02-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Well yes and no, i hear people on here saying they want us to go out and spend X on a world class striker and so on, cos there is loads of them out there that would a) Play for Arsenal and b) sit on the bench week in week out.

I appreciate RvP is a little injury prone or at least used to be but there isn't a striker out there that is that much better than Park or Chamakh that would come and sit on the bench until/if/when Robin gets injured.

With the growth of Walcott and Koscielny and form of the new guys plus Ramsey's brilliant season so far the only place i could possible see us reinforcing is the left wing, but again we wont buy a starter as we have Gervinho ripping shit up out there. Also how much would Wenger spend when he has Miyachi and the Ox waiting in the wings?

Also as we now have a pretty much nailed on first XI (bar the Mertcielny issue) we can either buy more kids with potential or spend a massive amount replacing a first teamer, cant see either happening

we def not going out to buy a world class striker in jan, that would never happen. i think there are better options available than cham and park, something in the eduardo mould would be a reasonable purchase. relying on just three strikers could be problematic and wenger would be a fool to allow himself to fall victim to the rvp curse again and or more injuries in that area.

Flavs
02-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Ideally the new striker wouldn't just sit on the bench. We would be rotating strikers frequently. Would give us options off the bench as well.

At the moment if RVP is playing and we're not scoring then we have no different options to come on.

Yeah we do we have Chamakh and Park.

I don't think people understand how hard it is to make an impact when you are only playing 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there, you struggle to get used to your team mates, you struggle for form and this hampers your confidence. Look at Arshavin for instance? A player of unbelievable ability who just cant get it going. Can anyone remember a player coming from our bench or squad and making an impact in the team?

Strikers and central defenders will feel this the worst. Park also has to be given time, different country, culture, playing style, a crowd...

We don't play Chamakh's game so I'm still unsure why we signed him (he was free shout the haters) you can see he will win headers against anyone and bring the midfield into play, sadly fir us we don't tend to hit long balls, we cant cross and more often that not the gap between him and our midfield is too big.

We clearly wouldn't have signed Park if Campbell's work permit had gone through either so would Wenger risk buying another player when he has him coming back? Also what of Afobe? Wenger has big plans for the oaf so putting another player in front of him would be unwise.

Flavs
02-12-2011, 12:25 PM
we def not going out to buy a world class striker in jan, that would never happen. i think there are better options available than cham and park, something in the eduardo mould would be a reasonable purchase. relying on just three strikers could be problematic and wenger would be a fool to allow himself to fall victim to the rvp curse again and or more injuries in that area.

Depends, if we are going to stick with this formation then an Eduardo type wouldn't work, they need either size or speed to play as the apex or to be a "complete forward" like RvP is. Was interesting we switched to 4-4-2 in the carling cup, it made us more solid but less able attacking wise, would like to see the first XI play that way and see if it worked.

Kano
02-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Depends, if we are going to stick with this formation then an Eduardo type wouldn't work, they need either size or speed to play as the apex or to be a "complete forward" like RvP is. Was interesting we switched to 4-4-2 in the carling cup, it made us more solid but less able attacking wise, would like to see the first XI play that way and see if it worked.

i meant more in price and quality rather than actual playing style. i'm sure wenger could unearth someone to bring in, he's usually pretty good in that area. we need another body in there, as it would be far more problematic if rvp does fall injured than having an unhappy guy sitting on the bench.

given our position this season, we need more dead certs than projects that may or may not bear fruit by the end of the season. i agree in part with what you say about limited pitch time for the other two guys at the moment but its the nature of the beast in football, grab your chance when you get it or there is always someone else ready to jump ahead of you

Flavs
02-12-2011, 01:34 PM
oh someone who could play as eiher winger as well as the apex would be worth a punt

Kano
02-12-2011, 01:36 PM
are there many players like that?

Syn
02-12-2011, 01:44 PM
I remember in end of 2009 (was it?) when we played Arshavin upfront as the lone striker...well, in fact, it was more of a 4-6-0. Nearly everyone said that was a disaster but I think Arshavin did quite well. He was grabbing goals and won us a key game at Anfield with a genius goal.

The point I'm making is not that we should play Arshavin upfront instead of buying a traditional CF (though I think it could be an option and I think it'd work) but more that a traditional CF isn't the only way we can get some success if RVP gets injured. I would be tempted to push Walcott upfront and stick Oxlade out wide. Or maybe Park upfront could do the job...he's done nothing to convince me he's not good enough at the top level and he's impressed me in the few CC games he has played. I'm sure he'll get more chances soon when Gervinho goes to the ACoN.

Flavs
02-12-2011, 01:50 PM
are there many players like that?

nope

Kano
02-12-2011, 01:51 PM
i think we had bendtner up front for that 4-4 game, with arshavin playing off him - he's def more effective centrally, his last good game against bolton in the cc found him to be very industrious there. i'm not sure how many games he was used as the only forward, maybe only one or two.

park? i dunno. played well in that same match against bolton but has drifted in and out of the other games and cham is like a floating turd in the toilet at the moment. slowly breaking to pieces, lingering around in the hope he will eventually flush away

Flavs
02-12-2011, 01:56 PM
nope

In fact thinking about it there is only Odemwingie i can think of in the Prem, maybe Rodallega

Syn
02-12-2011, 02:01 PM
i think we had bendtner up front for that 4-4 game, with arshavin playing off him - he's def more effective centrally, his last good game against bolton in the cc found him to be very industrious there. i'm not sure how many games he was used as the only forward, maybe only one or two.

I was thinking of the 1-2 game the season after...he turned and shot at the edge of the area and beat Reina at the near post.

When it comes down to it, we just need either people to share the goals or one person to just keep scoring every game. At the moment, it's the latter with Van Persie. It doesn't necessarily have to be the striker though - Man Utd had a couple of seasons where Rooney wasn't scoring much and it was all Ronaldo in the Gervinho/Walcott-position. Walcott is doing his job very well at the moment but I think we could - and should - expect goals from him soon. Gervinho, I'm unsure of. Arteta is playing in a deeper position but he used to be around a 1 in 5 midfielder.

If I was Wenger I'd definitely look to bring in a player who can score goals...doesn't have to be a striker. An attacking-mid (someone who can play where Ramsey is atm) who's a 1 in 3 man would be ideal IMO.

Flavs
02-12-2011, 02:07 PM
If I was Wenger I'd definitely look to bring in a player who can score goals...doesn't have to be a striker. An attacking-mid (someone who can play where Ramsey is atm) who's a 1 in 3 man would be ideal IMO.

Do you think Wilshere will play where Ramsey does or where Arteta plays?

Syn
02-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Do you think Wilshere will play where Ramsey does or where Arteta plays?

Ramsey, I think. Hard to imagine Wenger taking Arteta out of the team considering his experience. Wilshere could get a lot of goals considering his technique is spot on, but until he actually starts doing it there will be questions. He needs to man up and be more selfish like the way Oxlade seems to be. You can tell Oxlade backs his ability to beat players and shoot from distance but Wilshere last season used to do the first bit right - charge into space - but then fanny out with an easy ball.

Flavs
02-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Ramsey, I think. Hard to imagine Wenger taking Arteta out of the team considering his experience. Wilshere could get a lot of goals considering his technique is spot on, but until he actually starts doing it there will be questions. He needs to man up and be more selfish like the way Oxlade seems to be. You can tell Oxlade backs his ability to beat players and shoot from distance but Wilshere last season used to do the first bit right - charge into space - but then fanny out with an easy ball.

Aint no way no how we gonna buy an attacking mid then girlfriend *does clicking thing like Beyonce

Kano
02-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I was thinking of the 1-2 game the season after...he turned and shot at the edge of the area and beat Reina at the near post.

When it comes down to it, we just need either people to share the goals or one person to just keep scoring every game. At the moment, it's the latter with Van Persie. It doesn't necessarily have to be the striker though - Man Utd had a couple of seasons where Rooney wasn't scoring much and it was all Ronaldo in the Gervinho/Walcott-position. Walcott is doing his job very well at the moment but I think we could - and should - expect goals from him soon. Gervinho, I'm unsure of. Arteta is playing in a deeper position but he used to be around a 1 in 5 midfielder.

ah yes i remember, pulled that game out of the bag really. wherever the goals come from it doesn't matter, as you say. i don't expect a hat full from gerv this season as he works on his composure in the prem. ramsey will get a couple, and song and arteta but nothing consistent, which leaves feo - who will get his numbers up as you say. maybe this is where the goetze rumours are coming from, although another am makes it hard work when wilshere is back in the frame. if we buy an AM from outside the prem then i'm not sure how much impact he will have in terms of goals this season.

Flavs
02-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Cant see why we would replace Ramsey to be honest, been outstanding this season.

Syn
02-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Cant see why we would replace Ramsey to be honest, been outstanding this season.

He's been decent/good but I think he's not doing enough considering his ability. You can tell Wenger rates him because - like Diaby - when he's fit, he has always been in the team. Considering the fact that he can sprint for 95 minutes, Ramsey has to be getting into more goalscoring positions and having a pop at goal. Does it for Wales quite often. Did it for us a couple of seasons back (vs Portsmouth on his weaker foot). The few occasions he does have a shot these days it's flying over the bar.

Kano
02-12-2011, 04:18 PM

i think he's been good and on occasion very good but still reaching for that game-to-game consistency, which is what a lot of younger players struggle with. The idea of him and Wilshere being the centre of our midfield for the next few years is an exciting thought however.

server too busy!
02-12-2011, 04:37 PM
I'd quite like to see Wilshere taking the Arteta role of being a battler and creating things at the other end, with Gotze taking the Ramsey role and creating/scoring. With injuries they will all get plenty of games anyway.

Cripps_orig
02-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Koln striker Lukas Podolski has spoken positively of Premier League giants Arsenal, but revealed no talks have taken place over a January transfer.

The Germany international has been repeatedly linked with a move away from the Rhine area, with north London rumoured to be the likeliest destination.

When asked about Arsenal, Podolski was full of praise, but admitted that he has not been in discussions with the English giants.

"Arsenal are a top club. They have a good team and play with the best in England," he said according to German newspaper Bild.

"Still, there have been no talks."

Podolski instead reiterated that his primary concern is with his current club, Koln.

"My full concentration is on Stuttgart, since on Saturday we have an important game [against them]," he insisted.

Koln sporting director Volker Finke also confirmed on Friday that his side had rejected an inquiry from Lokomotiv Moscow over the availability of his star asset.

"We have denied Moscow because we want to extend our agreement with Podolski," he told Bild.

Podolski, 26, has scored nine Bundesliga goals this season. His current contract is set to expire in 2013.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/02/2784372/kolns-lukas-podolski-praises-arsenal-but-insists-no-transfer

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Must get tbh

Cripps_orig
03-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Arsenal will have to battle it out with Premier League rivals Newcastle if they want to capture the signature of Senegal and Lille forward Moussa Sow. Full story: Footybunker.comArsenal manager Arsene Wenger says Abou Diaby is facing a crisis of confidence after his latest injury setback but insists the France international midfielder can still realise his full potential at the club. Full story: Evening StandardMeanwhile, the Gunners boss has backed teenage midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to make a late charge for a place in England's Euro 2012 squad. Full story: Daily MailNewcastle can have Sow. Put a fork in Diaby. He's done. Oxface can't get in to our team so England is no chance. I know Theo did in 2006 but he was a better player

KSE Comedy Club
03-12-2011, 11:50 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8932365/Arsenals-Arsene-Wenger-rules-out-window-shopping-despite-misfiring-Maroaune-Chamakh.html

Arsenal's Arsene Wenger rules out window shopping despite misfiring Maroaune Chamakh.
Arsène Wenger has revealed that he does not intend to make any signings during the January transfer window, despite the prospect of being short of strikers when Maroaune Chamakh and Gervinho depart for the African Cup of Nations.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-12-2011, 12:38 PM
And yet from the same quotes, the Daily Mirror say that Wenger will be in the market for a fantastic player (as their headline).

Journalists. :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2011, 12:40 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8932365/Arsenals-Arsene-Wenger-rules-out-window-shopping-despite-misfiring-Maroaune-Chamakh.html

IS this the same wenger who seems to have bid for Gotze the other day. Just media rubbish as always.

KSE Comedy Club
03-12-2011, 12:40 PM
And yet from the same quotes, the Daily Mirror say that Wenger will be in the market for a fantastic player (as their headline).

Journalists. :haha:

:lol:

KSE Comedy Club
03-12-2011, 12:42 PM
IS this the same wenger who seems to have bid for Gotze the other day. Just media rubbish as always.

No, that was Vinger.

He's building a team for the future.

Master Splinter
03-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Chelsea confirm transfer requests have been accepted from striker Nicolas Anelka and defender Alex. They will be off next month if Chelsea can find a buyer.

'Arry will definitely buy them.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-12-2011, 03:31 PM

Cheaper then Cahill and Ade tbh

hymppi
03-12-2011, 03:55 PM
i'd take anelka to arsenal.
he must have a few goals still in him.

Kano
03-12-2011, 05:40 PM
i don't even know what anelka does on the pitch anymore. looked half arsed for ages and i'd be surprised if he doesn't go to a retirement home in the states

Master Splinter
03-12-2011, 05:47 PM
PSG will buy him.

To replace their mascot.

Kano
03-12-2011, 06:15 PM
good shout actually, i keep forgetting about them

Coney
04-12-2011, 09:40 PM

No the reporter misheard someone talking about needing a new winger.

KSE Comedy Club
05-12-2011, 09:30 AM
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/12/04/arsenal-to-offer-pair-to-sweeten-deal-to-sign-30m-playmaker/

Arsene Wenger will hope to beat other prospective suitors in the race for Borussia Dortmund playmaker Mario Gotze by offering the Bundesliga title holders two players as part of a cash plus player swap deal.

Arsenal have been strongly linked with a move for the talented teenager and will this summer look to offer around £25m plus the services of Andrei Arshavin and Nicklas Bendtner into the bargain. Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp will be loathed to lose one of his prized assets but may struggle to keep the 19 year old given the number of Europe’s elite who are beating a path to the German international.

Gotze has shown maturity beyond his years over the past 18 months during which time he has become a crucial part Dortmund’s success as well as being a regular in Joachim Low’s national team set-up and certain to feature in his Euro 2012 squad.

Last term the slightly built attacking midfielder notched up over 40 appearances, scoring eight and assisting another 12 as Borussia Dortmund secured their first domestic title in a decade. This campaign has seen the youngster continue where he left off being a virtual ever present scoring six, including a vital winner away at Bayern Munich, and setting up another seven.

The Signal Iduna Park side are now in second spot at the top of a congested Bundesliga table with a top six separated by just six points. However their form in the Champions League has been poor and the German side may even fail to snap up a place in the Europa League after managing to accrue just four points from their first five games in a relatively average group.

Gotze may feel that he needs to move in order to fulfill his potential and given that Arsene Wenger is well known for taking young talent and getting as much out of a player’s raw potential as possible, perhaps a move to the North London club would appeal to the starlet.

Nicklas Bendtner has been linked with interest from a number of Bundesliga side and the inclusion of the Danish international into any deal may appeal to Klopp. Similarly Andrei Arshavin, though of colour of late, is a hugely effective attacker on his day and could help add more creativity to a side that is perhaps more well known for it’s stout defence..

Gotze may be seen as an ideal long term replacement for Samir Nasri, a goalscoring attack minded and adaptable midfielder who can make something out of nothing.

Flavs
05-12-2011, 09:40 AM
caught offside :doh:

Coney
05-12-2011, 12:43 PM
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/12/04/arsenal-to-offer-pair-to-sweeten-deal-to-sign-30m-playmaker/

Similarly Andrei Arshavin, though of colour of late, is a hugely effective attacker on his day and could help add more creativity to a side that is perhaps more well known for it’s stout defence..

I will then become well known for it's stout midfielder.

Cripps_orig
06-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Arsenal could be set to sign forward Salomon Kalou if Chelsea decide to cash in on their more experienced players.
Full story: Metro

Arsenal face a major struggle to sign Borussia Dortmund's teenage sensation Mario Gotze after his close friend and fellow team-mate Kevin Grosskreutz revealed he will see out his contract until 2014.
Full story: talkSPORT

Kalou as back up?

AKBapologist
06-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Chelsea is clearly our feeder club...

LDG
06-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Kalou as back up?

Is he off to the ACON?

Japan Shaking All Over
06-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Is he off to the ACON?

Would imagine so. . . .would be interesting to see what he could do with regular football

Japan Shaking All Over
06-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Chelsea is clearly our feeder club...

Mata :pray:

Doesnt matter now though. . . .:get coat:

Syn
06-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Would imagine so. . . .would be interesting to see what he could do with regular football

Kick it.

:haha:

:patrice: :dance: :cheers:

LDG
06-12-2011, 11:05 AM
:lol:

Cripps_orig
06-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed his admiration for Santos starlet Neymar, stating he would buy the young striker if he had the money.

The 19-year-old has established himself as one of the most sought-after talents in world football, with both Real Madrid and Barcelona believed to be chasing his signature.

“If I had the money today, I'd put it on Neymar,” Wenger told The Sun.

The Frenchman also warned against building the youngster up too much, as the Brazilian’s precocious talent has seen comparisons drawn with the country’s most celebrated player.

“You can't say that Neymar is Pele as he had won the World Cup by the age of 17,” Wenger added.

“He has the potential to be one of the future great strikers but at the moment there's a big difference between the Brazilian league and a European league.”

The Brazil star, who already has eight goals in 15 appearances for the Selecao, recently signed a long-term contract to stay at Santos until at least the 2014 World Cup, which will be held in his homeland.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/06/2790267/arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger-if-i-had-the-money-today-id-put-it-

Can see Wenger saying how close we came to signing him in a few years

Cripps_orig
06-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Arsenal have made an enquiry about taking Lyon attacking midfielder Yoann Gourcuff to the Emirates Stadium on loan in January.

The Premier League giants have approached the French club as they look to find out about the potential availability of the 25-year-old.

Goal.com understands that Arsenal believe they can help revive the career of the France international, who has slipped down the pecking order at Lyon to the point where he has been replaced in the starting XI in recent weeks by Brazil international Ederson.

Arsene Wenger is normally reluctant to use the January market to reinforce his squad but it is believed that he will be active in the forthcoming window as he bids to secure a strong top-four finish.

Wenger has identified attacking midfield as one area that needs strengthening and Arsenal have already opened talks with Real Madrid for Esteban Granero. The Gunners manager has spoken in the past of his admiration for Gourcuff and also asked about the player’s availability in last summer’s window.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has ruled out the possibility of selling the playmaker but, in an interview with French TV station OLTV on Tuesday morning, left the door open for a possible loan move.

“Yoann is Lyonnais,” said Aulas. “He will be with Lyon on December 31, and obviously until June 30. And surely thereafter.”

Lyon bought Gourcuff for £19 million from Bordeaux last year but injuries and mixed form have marked his spell at the seven-times Ligue 1 winners. He returned to first-team action in October after undergoing ankle surgery in the summer but, despite initially looking sharp, he lost his starting place.

The player is believed to be open to a temporary switch in a bid to regain his place in the France squad ahead of next summer’s European Championships. Gourcuff was left out of the squad that played friendlies against United States and Belgium last month.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/06/2790350/arsenal-make-january-loan-enquiry-for-france-lyon-midfielder

Gourcuff and Chamakh connection :pray:

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2011, 11:43 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/06/2790267/arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger-if-i-had-the-money-today-id-put-it-

Can see Wenger saying how close we came to signing him in a few years

Well with all the money PSG have he might not be wrong

LDG
07-12-2011, 11:44 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/06/2790350/arsenal-make-january-loan-enquiry-for-france-lyon-midfielder

Gourcuff and Chamakh connection :pray:

Not a bad shout that one.

Although Chamakh can do one IMO.

Cripps_orig
07-12-2011, 11:48 AM
They were brilliant for Bordeaux tbh when they won the league and went to the CL quarters the season after.

Of course, Bordeaux had a manager who could get the best out of Chamakh and played to his strengths...

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2011, 11:49 AM
They were brilliant for Bordeaux tbh when they won the league and went to the CL quarters the season after.

Of course, Bordeaux had a manager who could get the best out of Chamakh and played to his strengths...

They did nothing a club in their situation should have been doing.

Cripps_orig
07-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Wolves want Frimpong and Coquelin on loan

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/07/2791767/wolves-manager-mick-mccarthy-hoping-to-sign-arsenal-duo-emmanuel-

Master Splinter
07-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Anelka off to China.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3984028/Nicolas-Anelka-transfer-news-Shanghai-Shenhua-close-in-on-striker.html

Hope they buy Arshavin too :pray:.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-12-2011, 04:02 AM
Wolves want Frimpong and Coquelin on loan

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/07/2791767/wolves-manager-mick-mccarthy-hoping-to-sign-arsenal-duo-emmanuel-

Would help them alot.....the same way Jack's move to Bolton helped him.....question is which one because both would leave us a little thin

tigerthesmurf85
09-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Seems like Coq is a little ahead of Frimpong in the pecking order.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Closed due to the length of it. Plus we're nearing a new transfer window.