PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Power n Glory
10-06-2011, 09:48 AM
No player is bigger than the club. Sorry, but like adebayor, if they want out, they can fuck off, and I don't give a shit about the money. We're well run enough to cope with that.

There will be hell to pay if they are not replaced properly, granted, but we're in early June, and I'd rather shit saga's involving mercenary gobshites, who, let's not forget were partly the reason for our collapse, fuck off nice and early.

All we can do is wait and see, frustrating as it is. But let's wait for the summer to pan out, and if things haven't been righted properly, he'll have tied his own noose, and he'll be hounded out, sorry and sad and bitter as it will be.

That's exactly what was said in 2008. Hleb, Flamini and Ade's form dipped towards the end of the season and they couldn't raise their game to help us win the title. It's the same pattern with the same argument. The same was said when Henry, Pires, Gilberto and Ljunberg were flopping...let the kids have a go. They've had a go and it's the same collapse.

We should be trying to strengthen the squad.

selassie
10-06-2011, 09:52 AM
That's exactly what was said in 2008. Hleb, Flamini and Ade's form dipped towards the end of the season and they couldn't raise their game to help us win the title. It's the same pattern with the same argument. The same was said when Henry, Pires, Gilberto and Ljunberg were flopping...let the kids have a go. They've had a go and it's the same collapse.

:gp:

Arsene should be building a squad not dismantling it.

LDG
10-06-2011, 09:53 AM

Oh, I agree, don't get me wrong.

All I'm saying is that we can't do anything but wait until the summer runs it's course. Like I said, if it hasn't been sorted, he'll get hounded out. I should imagine he knows this by now.

If Nasri goes, we won't be selling Cesc. Barca are the only team we'll sell to for that one, and if they don't stump up the cash, 45 mil, they won't get him. Pure and simple.

LDG
10-06-2011, 09:58 AM

Arsene should be building a squad not dismantling it.

Mate. Clichy has been responsible for some howlers, and is not getting any better. I've wanted rid of him for a couple of years now.

Nasri has shown his true colours, and good as he is, he can also fuck off. He showed he didn't have the appetite. He wants to hold the club to ransom, and he's a fucking lezzer. Get rid. Find people who want to play for us.

I want quality and experience mind, so if he does replace with kids, I'll go fucking mental.

Darth Vela
10-06-2011, 09:59 AM

Yeah, Flamini and Hleb have lit the world up with their performances since then so that was a bad move.

Players are going to leave and they're going to be replaced, we're in a completely different situation now as we actually have money to spend with impunity (well, as much as you can have without an Arab ofc) so I'd suggest relaxing and ignoring a lot of the bollocks that goes on as well as remembering that Wenger isn't actually as stupid as you think he is.

KSE Comedy Club
10-06-2011, 10:08 AM
From BBC:

1010 BST: Barcelona have offered 30m euros plus striker Bojan Krkic and midfielder Thiago Alcantara to Arsenal in exchange for skipper Cesc Fabregas.

http://www.marca.com/2011/06/10/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1307683781.html

I think Cesc maybe going :shrug:

Power n Glory
10-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah, Flamini and Hleb have lit the world up with their performances since then so that was a bad move.

Players are going to leave and they're going to be replaced, we're in a completely different situation now as we actually have money to spend with impunity (well, as much as you can have without an Arab ofc) so I'd suggest relaxing and ignoring a lot of the bollocks that goes on as well as remembering that Wenger isn't actually as stupid as you think he is.

Wenger was reluctant to sell them and his philosophy is based on stability and keeping team together. Steady progression. The following season we had a real nightmare and lot of fighting in the squad. The 2008 season was our best in years and the first time we finished on 80+ points. We haven't topped that total since they left. As individuals, they may not have lit up the world, but they worked in the squad and we don't know what could have been if we had built on that team. They haven't done much since leaving us but we haven't either. Works both ways.

Mr.Singh
10-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Yes fucking plzzz

Darth Vela
10-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Well, that's true, most things tend to go both ways and I tend to think Flamini leaving set us back a fair bit as his game was well suited to us. They've been replaced with better players now though, which is the way of things so whilst I agree it's a repeating pattern I just tend to think that it's the natural way and if someone wants to find problems in it, they will.

Kaiser
10-06-2011, 10:22 AM
No thanks, Bojan is too lightweight to play a central role in a 4-3-3. And Thiago would want to go back to Barcelona after a few years with us. Give is Keita, Afellay etc instead.

Power n Glory
10-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Well, that's true, most things tend to go both ways and I tend to think Flamini leaving set us back a fair bit as his game was well suited to us. They've been replaced with better players now though, which is the way of things so whilst I agree it's a repeating pattern I just tend to think that it's the natural way and if someone wants to find problems in it, they will.

We finished on 68 points. That's after making huge changes to our CB partnership. Making wholesale changes every two or three seasons isn't healthy. It's not a natural pattern. When important players want to leave, clubs usually fight tooth and nail to keep them if they're vital to their plans. If they can't keep them, they're replaced with experience.

Three Man Utd players that won the treble have retired at Utd this season and will probably stay on in coaching roles. Chelsea still have their title winning combo of Lampard, Terry, Cech and Drogba even though Mourinho has left. There isn't a single Invincible left in our squad and we're down to the bare bones on players that featured in the Champions League final.

milla
10-06-2011, 10:55 AM
No thanks, Bojan is too lightweight to play a central role in a 4-3-3. And Thiago would want to go back to Barcelona after a few years with us. Give is Keita, Afellay etc instead.

Dude, Bojan would be a solid wide striker. He doesnt have Walcotts' raw pace but his right foot is just as good as Messi's left. :coffee:

GP
10-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Krkic is shit.

Must not get.

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 11:08 AM
No use offering us kids that aren't good enough and don't want to be here.

Darth Vela
10-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Well, the Premiership changes every season too, we've seen a lot more teams getting more competitive last few years so direct comparisons are rather limited imo.

As for wholesale changes, dumping Senderos/Silvestre/Gallas when only one of them was able to put in decent performances for the first team and he was by most accounts a bit of a canker in terms of team spirit and bringing in two more guys (one of whom is actually quite good despite all claims to the contrary) is a good move and doesn't comprise of weakening the team (although we were a little more dodgy when we had the new guys holding together our defence, should have bit the bullet and got Jagielka or whoever imo but we ran out of time, bad negotiating I guess, weirdly that was when we were doing alright though). You'd think a complete capitulation at the end of the season when all of our stars were present would be enough to illustrate that change is once again necessary.

As for teams fighting to keep their players, we have done and other teams haven't at various times so I don't see how that's exclusive to Arsenal/Arsene.

Last paragraph I agree completely with and I think we'll keep all but one of our wantaway stars (i.e. one of Cesc or Nasri, although given Nasri didn't stand up when it counted it's debatable as to how useful he is) so all this hullabaloo about selling to the Mancs and our team falling apart is unnecessary. Incidentally on the point of us not having any of the Invincibles, we've been through rather a large uprooting and system of change since then so I think it's a bit of a rare situation.

Marc Overmars
10-06-2011, 11:25 AM
From BBC:

I'm always unsure about players being makeweights. I very much doubt Bojan or Thiago would have any interest in coming here if this report has any truth to it, which I doubt anyway.

That's the last thing we need, players being forced here.

Özim
10-06-2011, 11:27 AM
We should buy one of those goalscoring machines pundits sometimes talk about.

selassie
10-06-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm always unsure about players being makeweights. I very much doubt Bojan or Thiago would have any interest in coming here if this report has any truth to it, which I doubt anyway.

That's the last thing we need, players being forced here.

Especially ones who will most likely be too lightweight for the PREM.

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Good point on twitter...
@wengerball - When you are making stories, think a little b4 writing shit. Young & Nasri both 1yr left, Nasri younger & better yet Young=£16m Nasri=£8m

Also
@guardian_sport - Football: Roberto Martinez says thanks but no thanks to Aston Villa and will stay at Wigan. Story to follow ...

Ros, how does it feel to be rejected by Martinez? :lol:

Power n Glory
10-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Well, the Premiership changes every season too, we've seen a lot more teams getting more competitive last few years so direct comparisons are rather limited imo.

As for wholesale changes, dumping Senderos/Silvestre/Gallas when only one of them was able to put in decent performances for the first team and he was by most accounts a bit of a canker in terms of team spirit and bringing in two more guys (one of whom is actually quite good despite all claims to the contrary) is a good move and doesn't comprise of weakening the team (although we were a little more dodgy when we had the new guys holding together our defence, should have bit the bullet and got Jagielka or whoever imo but we ran out of time, bad negotiating I guess, weirdly that was when we were doing alright though). You'd think a complete capitulation at the end of the season when all of our stars were present would be enough to illustrate that change is once again necessary.

As for teams fighting to keep their players, we have done and other teams haven't at various times so I don't see how that's exclusive to Arsenal/Arsene.

Last paragraph I agree completely with and I think we'll keep all but one of our wantaway stars (i.e. one of Cesc or Nasri, although given Nasri didn't stand up when it counted it's debatable as to how useful he is) so all this hullabaloo about selling to the Mancs and our team falling apart is unnecessary. Incidentally on the point of us not having any of the Invincibles, we've been through rather a large uprooting and system of change since then so I think it's a bit of a rare situation.

Just because we have a disaster of a season with all our star players featuring, doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bath water.

How many times have you heard Wenger say he wants to keep this group of players together? You're going right against his policy and arguing for something he doesn't even agree with.

LDG
10-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Well he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't then.

If rumours are true, we're taking a wrecking ball to the bunch of bottlers, and looking to replace with premiership experience and outside talent.

To be honest I don't much care if it means we struggle for a bit. For me it's about getting some bollocks, and having a team that does actually "fight" til the end. Win lose or draw.

Fuck nasri, fuck Cesc, fuck clichy, bendy and Denilson. Fuck off the lot of em. Let's start by getting the fundementals right. A team that has the right attitude and wants to win at all costs.

I'll get behind that. I won't get behind a team of wantaways, mercenaries and bottlers.

If Wenger does the proper job I expect of him and does actually make the drastic changes needed, I'll back the cunt. If he buys a load of spastics and kids, I'll shit through his letterbox.

KSE Comedy Club
10-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Good point on twitter...
@wengerball - When you are making stories, think a little b4 writing shit. Young & Nasri both 1yr left, Nasri younger & better yet Young=£16m Nasri=£8m

Not really.

Young = English
Nasri = French

:coffee:

Marc Overmars
10-06-2011, 11:55 AM

If rumours are true, we're taking a wrecking ball to the bunch of bottlers, and looking to replace with premiership experience and outside talent.

To be honest I don't much care if it means we struggle for a bit. For me it's about getting some bollocks, and having a team that does actually "fight" til the end. Win lose or draw.

Fuck nasri, fuck Cesc, fuck clichy, bendy and Denilson. Fuck off the lot of em. Let's start by getting the fundementals right. A team that has the right attitude and wants to win at all costs.

I'll get behind that. I won't get behind a team of wantaways, mercenaries and bottlers.

If Wenger does the proper job I expect of him and does actually make the drastic changes needed, I'll back the cunt. If he buys a load of spastics and kids, I'll shit through his letterbox.

:haha:

LDG. :bow:

Even if you do wear sunglasses indoors.

Marc Overmars
10-06-2011, 11:56 AM
"sky sources" :rolleyes: say Young will finalise the move to United when he comes back from holiday.

KSE Comedy Club
10-06-2011, 11:57 AM

LDG :bow:

Power n Glory
10-06-2011, 12:03 PM

You're not thinking with you're head. Besides Nasri, all those players have been with Wenger since their teens. The fundamentals are wrong because he taught them.

I'm all for change, but I don't want to see another young group of players come in to learn bad basics over the next three years and we're at it again. This team doesn't fight because Wenger doesn't teach it. That fighting mentality came from Graham's team. Sort the weak areas out, but our strengths we keep the same and build on.

Marc Overmars
10-06-2011, 12:06 PM
[/URL]More Barca splaffing over Cesc, Pique's turn now.

GERARD PIQUE'S words will tug at Cesc Fabregas' heart-strings: Come and taste glory with your Barcelona Band of Brothers.

Read more: [URL]http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3629012/Pique-Oh-brother-join-us-at-Barca-Cesc.html#ixzz1OsGA3GuS (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3629012/Pique-Oh-brother-join-us-at-Barca-Cesc.html)

:lol:

selassie
10-06-2011, 12:12 PM
You're not thinking with you're head. Besides Nasri, all those players have been with Wenger since their teens. The fundamentals are wrong because he taught them.

I'm all for change, but I don't want to see another young group of players come in to learn bad basics over the next three years and we're at it again. This team doesn't fight because Wenger doesn't teach it. That fighting mentality came from Graham's team. Sort the weak areas out, but our strengths we keep the same and build on.

This

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 12:40 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8214/3/exclusive-arsenal-win-race-lille-star

Arsenal have won the race to sign Lille striker Gervinho in a deal reportedly worth around £10m.

The Ivory Coast international had already stated his intention to leave France this summer with the Premier League his likely destination and he will now complete his move to north London within the next few days.

After losing out on defender Phil Jones to Manchester United, Arsene Wenger has now fought off competition from Liverpool and Newcastle for the 24-year-old, who scored 14 league goals for the Ligue One champions last season.

With the signing of young Charlton defender Carl Jenkinson already in the bag, it is believed Wenger will now step up his interest in Blackburn skipper Chris Samba and Bolton stopper Gary Cahill as he looks to strengthen his defence.

Arsenal fans have seen Manchester United and Liverpool steal a march in the summer transfer market with moves for Phil Jones and Jordan Henderson, while Wenger is facing a fight to keep hold of influential skipper Cesc Fabregas who is again being linked with a move Barcelona and Samir Nasri who is attracting interest from Manchester United.

Marc Overmars
10-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Is this Gervinho chap prolific?

milla
10-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Is this Gervinho chap prolific?

25 goals on all competition last season. Not exactly a CF but would he be good as a wide striker? :coffee:

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 12:51 PM
@JamieDalton82 - Report says Manchester City will pay Lille €17.5m and a salary of €168,000 a week. Sounds far-fetched I know.
http://www.footmercato.net/premier-league/transferts/info-fm-gervinho-a-manchester-city-c-est-presque-fait_68056

*So shrugs.*

milla
10-06-2011, 12:56 PM
@JamieDalton82 - Report says Manchester City will pay Lille €17.5m and a salary of €168,000 a week. Sounds far-fetched I know.
http://www.footmercato.net/premier-league/transferts/info-fm-gervinho-a-manchester-city-c-est-presque-fait_68056

*So shrugs.*

And make him the seond highest paid player in Citeh :lol:

Toronto Gooner
10-06-2011, 01:12 PM

*So shrugs.*
Simple and somewhat rhetorical question, how can a normal club compete with such obscene money?

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 01:13 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13729630.stm

Arsenal fear Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy could leave

Page last updated at 12:53 GMT, Friday, 10 June 2011 13:53 UK
E-mail this to a friendPrintable version
By David Ornstein
BBC Sport
Nasri (left) and Clichy have one year left on their contracts
Arsenal fear that both Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy could leave the club this summer, BBC Sport understands.

Attacking midfielder Nasri, 23, only has a year left to run on his contract as does left-back Clichy, 25, who has been linked with Liverpool.

There is significant internal concern over the Nasri situation, while Arsenal are prepared to let Clichy depart.

The Gunners have stressed that the door is open for the French duo to negotiate new deals at the Emirates Stadium.

After a sixth season without a trophy, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is expected to strengthen his squad this summer.

But his hopes of ending that disappointing run will be dealt a blow if he loses both Nasri and Clichy.

Wenger has always stressed that his priority is to keep the nucleus of his current squad together.

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Simple and somewhat rhetorical question, how can a normal club compete with such obscene money?

Huh? We don't need obscene money to compete and it's all wengers fault.

Joker
10-06-2011, 01:15 PM
This transfer window is turning out to be brilliant isn't it? Not only are we at risk of losing first team players (who nevertheless are showing their lack of character by wanting to jump ship when they contributed to our shit end to the season) but the only players coming in our youth signings. Wenger will probably say he's building "a team for the future" and for us to judge him in 5 years time, when Jenkinson and Oxlade-Chamberlain have "matured"

Cripps_orig
10-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Dont know if its been posted or not but Barcunt players talking about Cesc again

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3630317/Andres-Iniesta-says-Cesc-Fabregas-will-fit-in-at-Barcelona.html

and

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3629012/Pique-Oh-brother-join-us-at-Barca-Cesc.html

Cripps_orig
10-06-2011, 01:33 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/10/2525436/besiktas-interested-in-deal-for-arsenal-striker-nicklas-bendtner-

Make it happen :pray:

Cripps_orig
10-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Keisuke Honda is frustrated at CSKA and has been linked with us before

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/10/2526056/liverpool-arsenal-target-keisuke-honda-admits-frustration-at

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Dont know if its been posted or not but Barcunt players talking about Cesc again

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3630317/Andres-Iniesta-says-Cesc-Fabregas-will-fit-in-at-Barcelona.html

and

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3629012/Pique-Oh-brother-join-us-at-Barca-Cesc.html

If I was the manager I'd say "every time Cesc is mentioned in the news, his value rises by £1 million."

Cripps_orig
10-06-2011, 01:42 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6979524,00.html

Real favourites for Melo

He mentions us though

"What about Arsenal? (Arsene) Wenger is another great coach but there is nothing concrete, just rumours.
"I'm glad to read that there is interest, it means that I have shown my qualities.

Ollie the Optimist
10-06-2011, 01:42 PM
If I was the manager I'd say "every time Cesc is mentioned in the news, his value rises by £1 million."

thats a fucking good idea. and add to that, everytime pique mentions it, an extra 5 million

Ironing
10-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Don't get me wrong, i'm all for freedom of speech. But collectively we should ban ourselves from posting stuff from goal.com on this forum

Japan Shaking All Over
10-06-2011, 02:03 PM
thats a fucking good idea. and add to that, everytime pique mentions it, an extra 5 million

Now that is a guy who the word cunt can be applied to. . .absolute twat

The Verminator
10-06-2011, 02:03 PM
From BBC:

Marca = utter bullshit rag

Cripps_orig
10-06-2011, 02:05 PM
From BBC:

Just read that article.

Didnt agree with any of it

Mr.Singh
10-06-2011, 02:23 PM
We should sign Klose he is a strike we need....him and rvp up top Hmmmmm

Toronto Gooner
10-06-2011, 02:32 PM
We should sign Klose he is a strike we need....him and rvp up top Hmmmmm
Good idea except that Klose is 33.

Cripps_orig
10-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Good idea except that Klose is 33.

Means hes experienced. Id love him here

Marc Overmars
10-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Klose joined Lazio I believe.

Get Podolski tbh.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Means hes experienced. Id love him here

oldish, experienced, goal scorer = Drogba

If tjats the market we are scouring then he is the product we need

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 03:29 PM
http://twitpic.com/59kf9s

Hold me.

Mr.Singh
10-06-2011, 03:33 PM

Hold me.

Listen fuck nasri fuck clichy and fuck fabergas.....grow a pair and be a man.....Arsenal are still going to be here when hey fuck off

Sirjackofwilshere
10-06-2011, 03:42 PM

Hold me.

I'm scared :sad:

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 03:44 PM
http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-city/1213195-manchester-city-behind-arsenal-in-race-for-bolton-wanderers-star-gary-cahill.html

:pray:

Marc Overmars
10-06-2011, 03:49 PM
In the unlikely event that we do sign Cahill, which 2 out of Verm, Djo and Kos will make way? You think Cahill would be first choice given how much we would need to spend. I just don't see the logic in signing a CB unless Wenger is planning to be very ruthless and bench players that are good enough to play.

hymppi
10-06-2011, 04:03 PM
any ideas for his nickname? i'm not writing all that!!!

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/arsenal-secure-12m-deal-for-english-wonderkid/?

Arsenal Secure £12m Deal for English Wonderkid
Posted on 10 June 2011

Arsenal have secured a deal to bring highly-rated Southampton teenager Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to the Emirates for £12m, according to the Daily Mirror.

The 17-year-old winger will be unveiled by the Gunners on July 1 and his signing represents a coup for manager Arsene Wenger who missed out on Blackburn's Phil Jones.

Sir Alex Ferguson beat Wenger to the £16m signing of the England U-21 centre-half and had planned to add Oxlade-Chamberlain to his list of summer transfers.

However, it now seems Arsenal have beaten the Premier League champions to his signature. The Gunners have held a long-term interest in Oxlade-Chamberlain and were very close to signing him in the January transfer window.

Liverpool are rumoured to have joined the race but Arsenal are helped by the insistence of the winger's father that he move to the Emirates to learn under Wenger.

Mark Chamberlain - a former Stoke player who won eight caps for England - believes it is the right time for his son to step up to the top flight.

“Considering where he was at the beginning of the season and end of last season, to have the clubs we’ve been hearing about looking at him, he’s made great strides," he said.

“But watching him and watching his performances I think it’s well deserved.

“He’s only going to get better. A lot of people speak to me and say, ‘Maybe it’s too soon - look at Theo.’ But for me, I think Theo’s doing fantastic, he’s developing as a player, he’s still developing and he’s only young.

“To develop at a place like Arsenal can’t be a bad thing. In my eyes, I’d like him to go there as soon as possible, and continue his development.”

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Either rotate, move one to CDM or play 3/5 at the back

Japan Shaking All Over
10-06-2011, 04:06 PM
would say we do need someone more commanding at the back......I dont think Kos had the worst season but a Cahill/Verms partnership would be stronger in my opinion

however I have been saying that Samba would be better/cheaper.....more money to use eslewhere.......but if the Telegraph story is anything to go by we might indeed have a decent amount of cash to play with.......beware Ligue Deux

Maestro
10-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Squids out, Joanna on the bench & Kos to compete with Song for DMC position

Japan Shaking All Over
10-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Keisuke Honda is frustrated at CSKA and has been linked with us before

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/10/2526056/liverpool-arsenal-target-keisuke-honda-admits-frustration-at

talk over here is that Citeh have been sniffing around.......no sources........unless my wife suffices (for a quote that is.....)

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 04:12 PM
BBC confirm Arsenal are in talks with Lille for Gervinho, but the club's can't agree a fee. Arsenal believe Lille want too much.

Competing??? are we bollocks!!!

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Squids out, Joanna on the bench & Kos to compete with Song for DMC position

Joker
10-06-2011, 04:16 PM
If the so called mass exodus takes place, it'll tell us that many of the senior players have completely lost faith in Wenger and his vision for the club, which to be honest you could tell by their performances in the second half of the season.

Nevertheless, while Wenger deserves blame for our current predicament, the first team players who are making noises about leaving should also look at themselves. Cesc, Nasri and Clichy were shit from January onwards, and their cowardly half baked performances contributed to us winning sweet FA.

Perhaps this tells us about the (lack of) character in these players. When the going got tough, these players failed us. Cesc was directly responsible for the first goal we conceded vs Barca, Nasri bottled it when clean through against Bolton, and Clichy was a bombscare throughout.

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Bayern Munich bid 8 million pounds for Clichy, according to twitter.

Personally we should use him as a sweetener to get falcao or benzema over here.

hymppi
10-06-2011, 04:18 PM
falcao :pray:

Japan Shaking All Over
10-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Clichy was a bombscare throughout

:haha:

Sirjackofwilshere
10-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Bayern Munich bid 8 million pounds for Clichy, according to twitter.

:dancingman:

Take the mofo money and run

Marc Overmars
10-06-2011, 04:20 PM
BBC confirm Arsenal are in talks with Lille for Gervinho, but the club's can't agree a fee. Arsenal believe Lille want too much.

It's amazing how no one has cottoned onto Ligue 1 yet. All this super, super talent that we exclusively get...

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 04:23 PM
@JamieDalton82 - Lille director Frederic Paquet has confirmed the club has rejected a €12m from Tottenham for Ivorian winger Gervinho.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-06-2011, 04:24 PM

what are the figures?
dont know much about the guy apart from he will compete with Sagna for the dodgiest hair do

what kind of player.......was thinking we need a target man, does he fit the bill? or is he one striker we would bring in and then look for another.......buying him would leave us with nothing I imagine

Marc Overmars
10-06-2011, 04:27 PM
I just realised we would lose this guy in January for the African Nations Cup.

Great.

Master Splinter
10-06-2011, 04:27 PM
No paper talk about Kevin Gameiro yet?

I thought that would be a no-brainer given he's French and we have a good relationship with Lorient. He's pretty good too.

Master Splinter
10-06-2011, 04:28 PM
I just realised we would lose this guy in January for the African Nations Cup.

Great.
For the next two years.

And Chamakh maybe (!).

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Apparently spuds bid is the only one they've received!

hymppi
10-06-2011, 04:30 PM
For the next two years.

And Chamakh maybe (!).

and samba if he joined. and song. and eboue if he stayed (as if i care).

Japan Shaking All Over
10-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Wenger will say it doesnt matter because the non-existant depth and mentally strength of the team will carry us through

after all we were the only ones to beat Barca and ManU

Maestro
10-06-2011, 04:38 PM
has this oxtail kid joined?, and at what page in this thread will we sign someone of real note?

gunsofashburtongrove
10-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I have Gervinho is known for his versatility- can play as a wide forward, in the number 10 position and as a out and out striker. Could fit into our scheme well.
Not sure a lot of people have realized that ACN is now moved to take place after European seasons are complete. African players might not be a problem anymore

hymppi
10-06-2011, 04:49 PM
what? when? who?
is this confirmed?

gunsofashburtongrove
10-06-2011, 04:51 PM
what? when? who?
is this confirmed? The ACN? yes some time back infact

hymppi
10-06-2011, 04:53 PM
The ACN? yes some time back infact
alrite!
i have completely missed the news.
good!

Marc Overmars
10-06-2011, 04:54 PM
When is that starting from? The next one is due to take place in January.

hymppi
10-06-2011, 04:59 PM
wikipedia:
Future
Ahead of the 2008 Africa Cup of Nations several European clubs called for a rethink of the tournament's schedule. As it takes place during the European season, players who are involved miss several matches for their clubs.[8]
In January 2008, FIFA president Sepp Blatter announced that he wanted the tournament to be held in either June or July by 2016, to fit in the international calendar, although this would preclude many countries in central and west Africa from hosting the competition (as these months occur during their wet season).[9]
In May 2010, it was announced that the tournament would be moved to odd-numbered years from 2013. This will mean the tournament will not take place in the same year as the World Cup. It also means there will be two tournaments within twelve months in January 2012 (co-hosted by Gabon and Equatorial Guinea) and January 2013 (hosted by Libya).[2]
On the 29th January 2011 Morocco won the bid to host the 2015 edition and South Africa won the right to host the 2017 tournament.

hymppi
10-06-2011, 04:59 PM
:banghead:

gunsofashburtongrove
10-06-2011, 05:03 PM
When is that starting from? The next one is due to take place in January.
Not sure if they have announced the dates. The draw is scheduled for December this year. It is also going to be a biennial tournament from 2013

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 05:09 PM
what are the figures?
dont know much about the guy apart from he will compete with Sagna for the dodgiest hair do

what kind of player.......was thinking we need a target man, does he fit the bill? or is he one striker we would bring in and then look for another.......buying him would leave us with nothing I imagine
I think the bottom line is that he was the most likelest signing this summer. If we fail to get him, then we're really screwed.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-06-2011, 05:27 PM
In the unlikely event that we do sign Cahill, which 2 out of Verm, Djo and Kos will make way? You think Cahill would be first choice given how much we would need to spend. I just don't see the logic in signing a CB unless Wenger is planning to be very ruthless and bench players that are good enough to play.

Id put Cahill and Samba as our CB's with Vermalen as LB as he likes to get forward but is very defensive.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-06-2011, 05:43 PM
1645 BST: Anderlecht striker Romelu Lukaku says he will be at the club's pre-season training session despite reported interest from Chelsea. The 18-year-old, who has already broken into the Belgium national side, has attracted interested from across Europe but insists he is fully focused on his school exams.
Full story: Romelu Lukaku's Twitter page (http://twitter.com/#!/romelulukaku)
1145: Alberto Aquilani's agent insists the Liverpool midfielder wants to remain in Italy following last season's loan spell at Juventus. The 26-year-old has been linked with a move to AC Milan this summer, and is also a reported target of Napoli.
Italian radio station CRR

hmmmm

Power n Glory
10-06-2011, 05:47 PM
We're not signing two CB's. We'll be lucky to sign one.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-06-2011, 05:57 PM
We're not signing two CB's. We'll be lucky to sign one.

Tis depresing to be a gooner fan at transfer time.

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Would really be up for a 3-4-3 formation, especially in the epl.

Power n Glory
10-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Would really be up for a 3-4-3 formation, especially in the epl.

We'd be eaten alive with our none pressing undisciplined midfield.

milla
10-06-2011, 06:05 PM

Got that one right :good:

gunsofashburtongrove
10-06-2011, 06:07 PM
We could end up passing into our own net :)

Niall_Quinn
10-06-2011, 06:30 PM

Keep TV and JD as backup and go and get Samba too. Kos is shite so it doesn't really matter whether he stays or goes provided he doesn't play.

Niall_Quinn
10-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Very revealing story from Marca: http://www.marca.com/blogs/fuera-de-juego/2011/06/09/la-seleccion-alemana-femenina-de-futbol.html

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Nah, most of the time we play 2 - 7 - 1, we'd probably be more attacking and better in defence with a 3-4-3 formation.

Darth Vela
10-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Just because we have a disaster of a season with all our star players featuring, doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bath water.

How many times have you heard Wenger say he wants to keep this group of players together? You're going right against his policy and arguing for something he doesn't even agree with.

Well, no. I'm not suggesting we rip the heart out of the team but suggesting that not all our players are awesomely brilliant so we could probably do without some of them, including Nasri if he's going to be a dick and disappear when we need guys like him to stand up.

Darth Vela
10-06-2011, 07:02 PM

If they don't do that we ain't gonna win even with 4-3-3- or 4-4-2 though tbf.

GunnerFan4Life
10-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Twitter

According to the last reports Charles N'Zogbia is now travelling to London to have a medical with #Arsenal (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Arsenal)

CharlesNzo (http://twitter.com/#%21/CharlesNzo) Charles N'Zogbia
On my way to London... ☺

Marc Overmars
10-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Twitter

According to the last reports Charles N'Zogbia is now travelling to London to have a medical with #Arsenal (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Arsenal)

CharlesNzo (http://twitter.com/#%21/CharlesNzo) Charles N'Zogbia
On my way to London... ☺

Sagna did suggest in a tweet the other day to start following him...

Sagnaofficial (http://twitter.com/#%21/Sagnaofficial) Bacary

Hello my friends..last day with the national team and someone u should follow..@CharlesNzo (http://twitter.com/CharlesNzo)

Maestro
10-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Would love the Zog here, very good wide player who makes and scores goals ...PL tried and trusted as well

GunnerFan4Life
10-06-2011, 08:44 PM
http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item630739/

Gervinho signed according to this.

Master Splinter
10-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Insomnia is a decent player. But I would hope we had someone else lined up too in the attacking midfielder/winger position, especially if that lezzer bitch leaves.

Marc Overmars
10-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Zog has always struck me as a bit of a loose cannon but a talented one at least. Wouldn't mind him here providing we are still after a striker.

Master Splinter
10-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Going by transfer bollocks, we should have Gervinho, Insomnia, Oxtail-Chambermaid and the best Finn since Hyypia all signed up soon.

Does this please the slavering hordes so far?

We would have alot of pace at least with the first three.

And two GHELs of course.

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 08:57 PM
I think we're going after zog because we've been priced out of Gervinho... Sad times if true.

Master Splinter
10-06-2011, 08:58 PM
I think we're going after zog because we've been priced out of Gervinho... Sad times if true.
Is "I think" the new "sources say"?

Maestro
10-06-2011, 08:58 PM
i also think that may be his downfall, and i can see him ignoring the pass pass instructions to beat men and smash it in the top corner. something we definately need but will Wenger allow this?

Marc Overmars
10-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Not really interested in Oxo cube and Hyypia because they are likely to only feature in the Milk Cup.

Gervinho and Zog, maybe slightly underwhelming but I think we all know we're not going to buy someone who frequents world player of the year shortlists, so by our standards it would be satisfactory at least.

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Is "I think" the new "sources say"?

Well the news that they rejected a spuds bid, and that this bid was the only one they recieved speaks volumes... I doubt we'd pay more than what the spuds offered.

Mr.Singh
10-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Bring in Benzema pls

Ironing
10-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Giles Insomnia is decent.

But it would all depend on other comings and goings as to whether I would be positive about that kind of player signing

Xhaka Can’t
10-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Players coming, players going.

Does if really fucking matter when it is going to be Wenger managing them next season?

budesonide
10-06-2011, 11:02 PM

Does if really fucking matter when it is going to be Wenger managing them next season?

this!

i am past caring about the deficiences of the playing staff -- throwing money at the problem now may even be too little too late, methinks.

Ironing
11-06-2011, 12:56 AM

http://www.about-alcoholism-info.com/doctor-consoling-male-about-the-loss-of-his-alcoholic-wife.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
11-06-2011, 08:28 AM

Meh if true and he decides to got to city because of more money then fuck him. Im suprised City would go in for him they normaly spend money on bigger players and don't really need him.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Not really interested in Oxo cube and Hyypia because they are likely to only feature in the Milk Cup.

Gervinho and Zog, maybe slightly underwhelming but I think we all know we're not going to buy someone who frequents world player of the year shortlists, so by our standards it would be satisfactory at least.

Nah AW knows we need at least 1 Big signing.

KSE Comedy Club
11-06-2011, 09:28 AM
So what is the situation on Nzogbia then?

Nothing about it anywhere today. Anymore tweets been doing the rounds?

Japan Shaking All Over
11-06-2011, 09:32 AM
So what is the situation on Nzogbia then?

Nothing about it anywhere today. Anymore tweets been doing the rounds?

Is there a doctor in the house?

looks like Jeebus has been bitten by the 'rumour bug'!!!!

KSE Comedy Club
11-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Is there a doctor in the house?

looks like Jeebus has been bitten by the 'rumour bug'!!!!
:lol:

Anything to stop me feeling so depressed about footbal for next season tbh!

LDG
11-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Tony Pulis is 53

Boss
11-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Re Gervinho...

Tottenham have had a £10.6 million bid rejected for Lille’s Ivory Coast striker Gervinho, with Arsenal and Everton also known to be interested in signing the player.

“We received an offer of €12m (£10.6m) from Tottenham which was refused,” Lille general manager Frederic Paquet said in an article in The Daily Mail.

Gervinho impressed for Lille last season as they won the French title and the French cup, though they face a fight to hold on to their star player with Premier League sides ready to battle for the striker.

Tottenham and Arsenal appear to be in a straight tussle for the player though Gervinho has reportedly attracted interest too from Everton and Newcastle.

The 24-year-old has been told that he will be not allowed to leave Lille this summer but with Spurs and Arsenal keen on the player it appears unlikely that the French champions are going to be able to hold on to their prized asset.

Lille will be desperate to keep Gervinho ahead of next season's Champions League campaign after losing Yohan Cabaye to Newcastle last week after the Tyneside club met a release clause in his contract allowing him to move on.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/11/2527311/tottenham-have-106m-bid-rejected-for-lille-star-gervinho

Can't see us spending more than that for him.

/deal

AKBapologist
11-06-2011, 10:03 AM
He's off to city

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-Manchester-City-transfer-news-Gervino-offered-massive-salary-to-reject-Gunners-move-Lille-to-Eastlands-article746205.html

Japan Shaking All Over
11-06-2011, 10:11 AM
He's off to city

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-Manchester-City-transfer-news-Gervino-offered-massive-salary-to-reject-Gunners-move-Lille-to-Eastlands-article746205.html

is this what Citeh are going to resort to hijacking bids.......if thats the case so be it.....let the guy go to Citeh to play exactly 0 mins of worthwhile football......

not sure I wanted him anyhow but before anyone says anything, its because I know absolutely zilch about him

V-Pig
11-06-2011, 10:12 AM
City could just go around bidding on every club's transfers, like the man in the auction who always wants to get the second last bid and has no fucking clue what to do if they actually get the highest bid themselves.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-06-2011, 10:19 AM
He's off to city

Meh thats paper talk most probs shit, city were never ever in for him before can't see them now.

Arsenal seem to be scouts for other top teams because as soon as they want a player, others want them even though they don't need them ot ever wanted them.

KSE Comedy Club
11-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Citeh are cunts. end of.

They probably didnt know much about Gervinho until they found out wenger was interested in him. I have no idea if he's a good player or not, but I hope he doesnt just follow the money trail at citeh and opts to move to us for football reasons.

Like Cahill, apparantly (:pray:)

Japan Shaking All Over
11-06-2011, 10:55 AM
City could just go around bidding on every club's transfers, like the man in the auction who always wants to get the second last bid and has no fucking clue what to do if they actually get the highest bid themselves.

Yeah can see it now!
Citeh players report back for training and Manchini asking half of them

'Who the fook are you?'

V-Pig
11-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah can see it now!

'Who the fook are you?'

"Well Arsenal wanted me, boss, but you paid twice the transfer fee and four times the wages, so I came here instead."

"Oh... go sit on the bench and shut up."

milla
11-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah can see it now!

'Who the fook are you?'

The sheikh's bastards :coffee:

Tipsychubbs
11-06-2011, 11:22 AM

AKBapologist
11-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Mancini is proving that with unlimited funds, any manager can win anything tbh. Money > Managers tbh.

AKBapologist
11-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Also - lol
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3631514/Real-Madrid-star-Karim-Benzemas-porn-pic-to-girl-14.html

AKBapologist
11-06-2011, 01:34 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8569867/Liverpool-set-for-summer-of-spending-according-to-director-of-football-Damien-Comolli.html

Liverpool set for summer of spending according to director of football Damien Comolli
Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli has promised the club's fans there will be more transfer activity this summer after securing number one target Jordan Henderson.

In charge: Liverpool's director of football Damien Commoli says the club will spend more this summer Photo: REUTERS

Liverpool signed once-capped England midfielder Henderson from Sunderland this week in a deal reportedly worth up to £20million.
The 20-year-old is the third major signing since Kenny Dalglish's return as manager, with Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez joining in January.
Now Comolli has said there is more to come.

"We wanted to make a signing early. The earlier the better because we can then re-adjust our strategy or decide we aren't going to do any more - which won't be the case now!" Comolli is quoted as saying in the Daily Mirror.

"I'm very pleased, because Jordan was one of the big targets we had. When you get your first target it's always a good sign because you think the others will come through as well."

Liverpool look set to miss out on both Phil Jones and Ashley Young to Manchester United, but with the likes of Ipswich's Connor Wickham and Blackpool captain Charlie Adam also on their radar, it is clear they are prioritising homegrown talent.

"If a player is English, or British or has played in the Premier League, we'll look at that over someone abroad," confirmed Comolli.
"We go for a player because he ticks all the boxes. It's what we need at this time in this window, and we have seen that with Henderson."

Marc Overmars
11-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Marcos Senna is in talks with Swansea. :lol:

AKBapologist
11-06-2011, 03:41 PM
[via @AFraser] Disruptive Manchester City player Mario Balotelli is set to make a shock move South. Arsenal are looking to take him on loan.

http://mformethod.com/bin/319240532.jpg

Kaiser
11-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Marcos Senna is in talks with Swansea. :lol:

Quality signing with experience if true. Sure he's old and has suffered an injury-prone season, but he fits their philosophy brilliantly.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-06-2011, 03:53 PM
I remember being really eager for this guy before he went to Citeh
but after having watched him last season
touches of brilliance outweighed by moments of utter madness

would drive us all mad and have no doubt send AW to an early grave

talking about MAario B

Toronto Gooner
11-06-2011, 05:14 PM
No to Mario B.

Cripps_orig
11-06-2011, 05:14 PM
I remember being really eager for this guy before he went to Citeh
but after having watched him last season
touches of brilliance outweighed by moments of utter madness

would drive us all mad and have no doubt send AW to an early grave

talking about MAario B

Must get then

Master Splinter
11-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Must get then
"LOL Wenger is old and shit and only buys Frenchie Africans and I hope he dies and it's cool to insult him on a messageboard."

Your material is pretty boring now.

Your scripts are more predictable than the latest straight-to-DVD Seagal film.

The Wengerbabies
11-06-2011, 07:13 PM
"LOL Wenger is old and shit and only buys Frenchie Africans and I hope he dies and it's cool to insult him on a messageboard."

Don't be hatin' on Seagal now :sulk:

Cripps_orig
11-06-2011, 07:13 PM

Ok then...:blink:

Cripps_orig
11-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Don't be hatin' on Seagal now :sulk:

This

Although as we have seen on the Film thread, MS wouldnt know a good film if it slapped him on the face

Master Splinter
11-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Ok then...:blink:
Every thread features you pointing out how shit Wenger is and insulting him.

We get you want him out. Nothing wrong with that. Saying the same thing in every thread gets pretty boring though.

Cripps_orig
11-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Every thread features you pointing out how shit Wenger is and insulting him.

We get you want him out. Nothing wrong with that. Saying the same thing in every thread gets pretty boring though.

Dont read it.

Problem solved. Or use the ignore function.

Cripps_orig
11-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Back on topic

Spuds have had a £10.6m bid for Gervinho rejected

Looks like we'll have to go higher if we want him.

Not sure if i can mention this as Gervinho is African and plays in France and id be just repeating myself...

Mr.Singh
11-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Dont read it.

Problem solved. Or use the ignore function.

Maaaad Chillsssss

Cripps_orig
11-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Maaaad Chillsssss

Right...:blink:

Cripps_orig
11-06-2011, 07:32 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6982844,00.html

Thats Beskitas and Inter now.

Cripps_orig
11-06-2011, 07:34 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6983142,00.html

Worth a bid?

One bit that interested me in the article

A no-nonsense centre-half who has an excellent injury record, Johnson will not be short of admirers and it is expected Arsenal (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Tottenham could both enquire as to his services.

That injury record will soon change if he joins us

KSE Comedy Club
11-06-2011, 08:13 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6983142,00.html

Worth a bid?

One bit that interested me in the article

That injury record will soon change if he joins us

No ta.

Should be doing everything in our power to bring in Cahill and Samba tbh.

AKBapologist
11-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Apparently we've had a bid for Cahill accepted. Awaiting for confirmation.

Mr.Singh
11-06-2011, 08:47 PM

Source

Kaiser
11-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Some random 'ITK' on Twitter @FootballFanzine. Is likely to be bullshit.

Marc Overmars
11-06-2011, 09:10 PM
There should be a ban on posting Twitter "ITK" crap on here imho.

AKBapologist
11-06-2011, 09:12 PM
@LiberoFootball Reports in France say Arsenal have opened talks with St-Etienne over midfielder Blaise Matuidi.
St-Etienne boss Christophe Galtier said he would not stand in the way of Matuidi if a Champions League club were to come in for him.

BTW, let me know if you would like less twitter spam in this thread, last thing I would like to do is get everyones hopes up.

Its the transfer bollocks thread - its cool.

Twitter posts are fine, gives us abit more info tbh.

Our hopes have all but been destroyed by wenger so no worries there.

If you want me to stop posting twitter stuff, just say so, I did ask whether it was Alright before, no complaints then.

alexander
11-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Anyone know if anything is happening with Rosicky? is he off? any intrested teams?

Marc Overmars
11-06-2011, 09:19 PM
If you want me to stop posting twitter stuff, just say so, I did ask whether it was Alright before, no complaints then.

Didn't see it.

Twitter rumours are a bit shit tbh but I guess the thread is for all nonsense anyway.

Kaiser
11-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Yeah, no need to stop posting the Twitter rumours, it's easy to sift the likely stuff from the crap anyways.

Btw, @JamieDalton82 says we're talking to PSG and Ajax as well but not sure for what players. We can guess Sakho and Vertonghen, but I've got a hunch we might go for Eriksen if Cesc is sold. Meh - it's the hope that kills you.

The Wengerbabies
11-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Didn't see it.

Twitter rumours are a bit shit tbh but I guess the thread is for all nonsense anyway.
All rumours concerning us and transfers are a bit shit tbh.

KSE Comedy Club
11-06-2011, 11:52 PM
There should be a ban on posting Twitter "ITK" crap on here imho.

what does "ITK" stand for?

The Verminator
11-06-2011, 11:54 PM
In the know.

KSE Comedy Club
11-06-2011, 11:54 PM

AKBapologist
11-06-2011, 11:55 PM
In The Know

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Samir-Nasri-is-set-to-sign-a-new-deal-but-Cesc-Fabregas-likely-to-go-to-Barcelona-article746395.html
No quotes or anything.... Meh.

Would Christian Erikson be a good enough replacement for fabregas? I say that as were in talks with Ajax apparently.

KSE Comedy Club
11-06-2011, 11:55 PM
In the know.

Ta :good:

Cripps_orig
11-06-2011, 11:57 PM
what does "ITK" stand for?

In The Know.

Basically anyone can make up a rumour on Twitter and claim to be ITK about football matters and the gullible will follow them

Cripps_orig
12-06-2011, 12:02 AM
In The Know

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Samir-Nasri-is-set-to-sign-a-new-deal-but-Cesc-Fabregas-likely-to-go-to-Barcelona-article746395.html
No quotes or anything.... Meh.

Would Christian Erikson be a good enough replacement for fabregas? I say that as were in talks with Ajax apparently.

Would love him here. He's good enough

AKBapologist
12-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Also, a good summary of the situation where in right now...

Agents involved in potential deals with Arsenal and even some at the club itself, report that he is so
scrupulous in weighing up his options that he might be described as dithering while his empire burns.

‘Arsene was very cautious and David was very ambitious for the club,’ said former director Keith Edelman, managing director at the time. ‘He was very good at getting Arsene into a position where he was comfortable spending money.’ No one at the club seems to have sufficient authority to do that now.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2002595/Arsene-Wenger-buy-Arsenal.html#ixzz1P16lax8I
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2002595/Arsene-Wenger-buy-Arsenal.html?

Japan Shaking All Over
12-06-2011, 02:34 AM
twitters cool

well at least posting from it is IMO

to be honest I takebas much notice of it as I do anything quote from The Mirror

twitter gives us more rocks to have our hopes dashed upon and the recent batch I just read have us talking every man and his dog :clap::clap:

PLJ
12-06-2011, 06:10 AM
twitters cool

well at least posting from it is IMO

twitter gives us more rocks to have our hopes dashed upon and the recent batch I just read have us talking every man and his dog :clap::clap:

Are you suggesting that the Mirror (and indeed Fleet Street's finest) make stuff up, just to sell papers? :sulk:

Maestro
12-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Now this would be the most hilarious transfer ever if the system can pull it off

Spuds to HMP on a free :pray:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/252167/Harry-Redknapp-FA-fearing-the-worst-

GP
12-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Now this would be the most hilarious transfer ever if the system can pull it off

Lets hope the judge is a Gooner.

Master Splinter
12-06-2011, 10:52 AM

'Arry Crooknapp :haha:.

Cripps_orig
12-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Apparently there are problems with Jones' move to Mancs.

Cripps_orig
12-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Arsenal and Liverpool are set to battle it out over the signature of £15m rated Birmingham City defender Scott Dann, after the two sides missed out on Blackburn's Phil Jones. (News of the World - subscription required)

German side Bayern Munich are in the race to sign Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri, who they want as an eventual replacement for Franck Ribery.
Full story: Mail on Sunday (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2002551/Bayern-join-United-City-Chelsea-fight-Samir-Nasri.html)

Arsene Wenger is confident, however, that he can retain the services of 23-year-old Nasri but is less certain that he can keep 24-year-old Cesc Fabregas at Arsenal.
Full story: Sunday Mirror (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Samir-Nasri-is-set-to-sign-a-new-deal-but-Cesc-Fabregas-likely-to-go-to-Barcelona-article746395.html)

Arsenal shareholder Alisher Usmanov has warned that players like Nasri and Fabregas should not be sold and has called for more investment into the club. (News of the World - subscription required)

£15m for someone as average as Danns? No thanks

Usmanov :bow: Time for him to take over

milla
12-06-2011, 11:35 AM

Should have gone for Usmanov not Kroenke. Russiam mob :bow:

Cripps_orig
12-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Should have gone for Usmanov not Kroenke. Russiam mob :bow:

This

Worked for Chelsea after all

Cripps_orig
12-06-2011, 11:47 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6986038,00.html

More from Usmanov.

Dont disagree with him at all.

You can see why the other board members didnt want him ahead of the Yank. This guy actually cares about what happens on the field whilst the Yank just falls in line with the rest of the board and lines his pockets whilst the team suffers

Kroenke out, Usmanov in

Coney
12-06-2011, 11:52 AM
This

Would this be the Chelsea that have a new manager every year - more than that sometimes - and have missed out on the title for years to manu, despite their huge spending? It is nice for chavs who had never seen silverware for decades, but I think any soul that their club had has been sold to the devil.

Don't get me wrong, I want us to win silverware, but I want us to win it without a bad taste in the mouth of buying it with money we don't have, plus acquired from a very dubious source.

milla
12-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Would this be the Chelsea that have a new manager every year - more than that sometimes - and have missed out on the title for years to manu, despite their huge spending? It is nice for chavs who had never seen silverware for decades, but I think any soul that their club had has been sold to the devil.

Don't get me wrong, I want us to win silverware, but I want us to win it without a bad taste in the mouth of buying it with money we don't have, plus acquired from a very dubious source.

Chelsea failed cos they (the club and the owner) are stupid, it has nothing to do with how much money the owner has. Having a russian owner doesnt mean we will follow their footstep. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
12-06-2011, 11:58 AM

Yes the Chelsea that doesnt stand for failure whereas we seem to accept it.

You cant win the title every season but they have still won trophies regularly. I believe Wenger has only been successful in 5 of the 14 odd seasons hes been here

Xhaka Can’t
12-06-2011, 12:24 PM
This

We should have gone for a gangster who wants to take money OUT of the club?

Interesting.

Cripps_orig
12-06-2011, 12:27 PM

Interesting.

Is that what Abraimabitch doing?

I dont really follow the financial stuff in football tbh

AKBapologist
12-06-2011, 12:30 PM
http://videos.tf1.fr/telefoot/marche-des-transferts-les-stars-de-l-ete-6528622.html

Anyone speak french?

Mr.Singh
12-06-2011, 12:47 PM

Interesting.

What makes you think the current lot don't do the same???

Coney
12-06-2011, 12:58 PM
http://videos.tf1.fr/telefoot/marche-des-transferts-les-stars-de-l-ete-6528622.html

Anyone speak french?

Non

Xhaka Can’t
12-06-2011, 01:25 PM
What makes you think the current lot don't do the same???

He wants in addition to what may or may not be taken out of the Club, dividends to shareholders.

Xhaka Can’t
12-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Is that what Abraimabitch doing?

I dont really follow the financial stuff in football tbh

Quite the opposite, he is pissing his money away.

Bergkampwonderland10
12-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Seriously? You guys have obviously not read anything about that Usmanov guy. I would be ashamed to support the club I love if he took control.

KSE Comedy Club
12-06-2011, 02:00 PM
The mirror reckons weve given up on signing Cahill, but then there are full of shit. :shrug:

No one actually knows anything about Usmanov tbh. He is only allegedly a russian gangster. All speculation tbf.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-06-2011, 02:05 PM

if Jones and Cahill are quoted at 16-17 mill

Chamiponship Danns for 15 mil......yeah right, jog on!

Bergkampwonderland10
12-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Seriously? You guys have obviously not read anything about that Usmanov guy. I would be ashamed to support the club I love if he took control.

Well he's no Bill Gates is he?

Japan Shaking All Over
12-06-2011, 02:12 PM
The mirror reckons weve given up on signing Cahill, but then there are full of shit. :shrug:

No one actually knows anything about Usmanov tbh. He is only allegedly a russian gangster. All speculation tbf.

that's the first time I have ever quoted myself:cool:

Joker
12-06-2011, 02:17 PM

Hope that's not true, we need a defender like Cahill to cope in the EPL.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-06-2011, 02:20 PM
we will hear a few of these stories, it was only yesterday that we were hearing that we were ready to meet to buy out clause........an Arsenal transfer is never simple!

i was going to say unlike a ManU transfer but latest news has it that Jones' move has hit a slight snag

any updates ACH?

Toronto Gooner
12-06-2011, 02:53 PM
i was going to say unlike a ManU transfer but latest news has it that Jones' move has hit a slight snag

any updates ACH?
Here is an article from the Mail on Sunday. This transfer is approaching Arsenal levels with regard to complexity and farce.

United's Jones bid in tatters: Blackburn warn they won't be bullied as Liverpool launch £22m swoop

Manchester United’s multi-million pound signing of teenage defender Phil Jones from Blackburn Rovers lies in tatters.
Blackburn’s Indian owners have reacted furiously to what they perceive as United’s attempt to railroad them into selling the 19-year-old and have told United: ‘We will not be bullied’.

And in a stunning 11th-hour development on Saturday, the Mail on Sunday can reveal that Liverpool have told Blackburn they will pay £22million for Jones, a move that will ruin Sir Alex Ferguson’s holiday mood as he takes a break in the south of France.

Arsenal have also belatedly submitted a bid that tops United’s £16.5m offer, and with Chelsea showing serious interest in the player, too, an auction appears to be unfolding. It will come as a bitter blow to Ferguson if he misses out on Jones, and it will sting all the harder if the player ends up at United’s fierce rivals at Anfield.

Rovers’ owners have been angered by United’s attitude and at a meeting on Saturday in Pune, India, which was attended by manager Steve Kean — straight off a plane to Mumbai — they resolved to prevent the deal going through.

United have offered to make Jones the highest-paid teenager in the history of English football with a startling £80,000-a-week contract, but Blackburn are even prepared to top that.

Rovers chairwoman Anuradha Desai made it clear to Kean and fellow executives, who made up a ‘war council’ in India, that they must try to persuade the defender to stay. The prospect of being a future club captain is also being dangled before Jones.

Money is said to be ‘not an issue’ for Desai’s family, who are billionaires through their Venky’s poultry conglomerate.

They want to keep their best players, especially homegrown talents such as Jones.

But if they fail to persuade him, they will do all they can to elicit the best price from one of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, United or Tottenham, telling Jones: ‘If you go, you go where we get the best money.’

A source close to Rovers said. ‘United can’t do what they want in this case. Jones is a Blackburn player and while there is a clause that could mean he leaves, it’s far from the straightforward issue everyone assumes it to be.’

Jones signed a United shirt for fans while training with England’s Under-21s in Denmark on Friday and, along with his representatives and United, had thought the transfer was a formality.

The player wants to join United but it is not known whether he has even been informed yet that Liverpool have made a bigger offer.

A major headache for United is in the interpretation of the release clause in Jones’s contract. They triggered it with their £16.5m offer and were allowed to talk to the player as a result.

But Rovers have taken legal advice and insist the clause does not force them to sell to the first club to meet the figure.

The biggest loser in all this could be England Under- 21 boss Stuart Pearce.

He would not name his team on Saturday night for the opening game against Spain as the possibility of the transfer deal distracting the versatile defender grew.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2002598/Manchester-Uniteds-Phil-Jones-bid-tatters-Blackburn-wont-bullied-Liverpool-launch-22m-swoop.html#ixzz1P4caRgmT

KSE Comedy Club
12-06-2011, 06:13 PM
I hope to fuck that bit about us isnt true.

Fuck Jones, concentrate on Cahill and Samba.

Toronto Gooner
12-06-2011, 06:27 PM
I hope to fuck that bit about us isnt true.

Fuck Jones, concentrate on Cahill and Samba.
I hope the Jones story is true if it is a careful ploy to get Man U to focus on spending more money than is appropriate for him, which will free Arsenal up for a proper target.

KSE Comedy Club
12-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I hope the Jones story is true if it is a careful ploy to get Man U to focus on spending more money than is appropriate for him, which will free Arsenal up for a proper target.

Were free to focus on other proper targets anyway, we just spend too long fucking about.

There are plenty of other clubs interested apparantly, makes no sense at all for us to be involved.

Elreactor
12-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Is it true that Arsenal is willing to, or has already spent, 12 million pounds in a 17 year old?? (called Oak-Ridge or somehing?)

If so :doh:

LDG
12-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Foxy Chambermaid :good:

KSE Comedy Club
12-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Is it true that Arsenal is willing to, or has already spent, 12 million pounds in a 17 year old?? (called Oak-Ridge or somehing?)

If so :doh:

The only one who is quoted at that price is Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from southampton.
Supposedly it will be announced on 1st July.

The Realist
12-06-2011, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drn-xEUu4Yc&feature=player_embedded
Wonder if Lehmann taught him a thing or two...

Mr.Singh
12-06-2011, 08:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drn-xEUu4Yc&feature=player_embedded
Wonder if Lehmann taught him a thing or two...

Did you see his face while he was charging at zog.....

Kano
12-06-2011, 08:45 PM
the ast meeting with gazidis tomorrow night should be interesting to say the least

Fist of Lehmann
12-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Foxy Chambermaid :good:

:sulk: Foxtail Chamberpot

KSE Comedy Club
12-06-2011, 08:52 PM
the ast meeting with gazidis tomorrow night should be interesting to say the least

It should be, but it probably wont be.

Well get all the rehearsed answers and the no comments to go with every important question I imagine.

Kano
12-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Did you see his face while he was charging at zog.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neKZ50PYNKQ

he's getting better every time

Kano
12-06-2011, 08:54 PM
gazidis is usually forthcoming with answers and whilst every club would give non committal answers i think he'll try and address them. the ast response the day after will be interesting to see if they believed in the answers or not

AKBapologist
12-06-2011, 11:52 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2002814/Arsenal-offer-Samir-Nasri-better-deal-ward-Manchester-United.html

Niall_Quinn
13-06-2011, 02:36 AM
Kroenke hopes keeping Nasri will help keep the lid on growing unrest amongst Arsenal supporters.

LOL - he's going to have to do a LOT MORE than that. Usmanov is 100% correct in what he says, our board is shit. They long ago abandoned the team so they could concentrate on feathering their own nests. Cunts to the last man, they should fuck off and preferably die if they really love the club. That said, we don't need a crook like Usmanov at the helm either. Unless Kronke is ready to splash £100mill in transfer fees and wages and get us back in contention with the top clubs he can fuck off too, what use is having a billionaire owner if the money stays in his pocket? Might as well have a pauper in charge as a billionaire who won't spend. The Russian has it spot on when he says if we don't get back into contention right now we can kiss the long term future goodbye.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Barcelona are reportedly eyeing up a move for Lille superstar Eden Hazard, who has announced he is ready to quit the French club.
The Catalan giants are one of a number of clubs who are tracking the Belgian player including Real Madrid, (http://topics.skysports.com/Real+Madrid/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif Arsenal (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Liverpool. (http://topics.skysports.com/liverpool/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
Hazard is an established international and has developed into one of the star players of the Ligue 1 in the past few seasons.
The player was previously linked with Lyon, (http://topics.skysports.com/lyon/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif but Hazard has made it clear that he will only leave Lille (http://topics.skysports.com/lille/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif for a move abroad.
The 20-year-old's current deal with Lille runs until the summer of 2014, meaning that the French side will not let go of their star player on the cheap.
Hazard has refused to make any comment on reports that UEFA Champions League winners Barcelona (http://topics.skysports.com/barcelona/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif are keen on his services.
He told El Mundo Deportivo: "Barca? Can I even get into their team?
"It's an honour to be linked with the best team in the world but I have nothing else to say.
"It is great to hear news like that."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6986465,00.html

Paris Saint Germain have announced the signing of France international striker Kevin Gameiro, ending Newcastle's lingering hopes of luring him to England.
Newcastle (http://topics.skysports.com/newcastle/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif had agreed terms with Lorient (http://topics.skysports.com/lorient/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif some weeks ago, but the player never showed any willingness to move to the Premier League.
Valencia (http://topics.skysports.com/valencia/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif also made a bid and Gameiro (http://topics.skysports.com/Kevin+Gameiro/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif admitted his desire to switch to Spain, but PSG then made their move and have now sealed his signature.
Gameiro has agreed a four-year deal with the capital club after their offer in excess of €10million was accepted.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-06-2011, 03:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neKZ50PYNKQ

he's getting better every time

looking at that footage, seeing the score and knowing how it turns out makes me wish he knocked Bale into the stands rather than just off his feet

The Realist
13-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Its depressing that this is the only cup these players can celebrate after a shocking season but nevertheless djourou and szczesny make me laugh again.. :doh: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pdi83i_StM&feature=player_embedded

Kano
13-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Chief executive Ivan Gazidis has promised plenty of changes as Arsenal aim to recover from the "profound disappointment" of last season.

The Gunners looked on course to win their first trophy since 2005 as they were going well on all four fronts, only to finish the campaign empty-handed.

Another season without silverware saw some fans voice their unhappiness with manager Arsene Wenger, especially over his apparent reluctance to spend big on new signings.

But at a question and answer session with the Arsenal supporters trust on Monday night, Gazidis vowed to make a host of changes to the playing squad during the summer.

"Coming off the end of the season, I share with you a sense of profound disappointment," he said.
Familiar story

"We had a season that promised a great deal and looked like it could turn into a very special one, but in the end a familiar story began to tell itself. I understand the feelings that we all felt.

"It is very clear we had some shortcomings and in this close season we are going to see some turnover of players.

"Some new signings will be coming in and some of our existing squad will be going out. As Arsene has said, it will be a busy close season for the club.

"But also it is important to recognise that it has not been a disaster. We have a young squad and we don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

"The trick will be to identify which parts to keep and which parts to turn over. And we will do that within our financial capabilities."

Those capabilities could be boosted by the club's majority shareholder Stan Kroenke.

The American now owns 66.64% of the club and Gazidis says he now has a grasp of what Arsenal stand for.

"With respect to Stan, we have someone who understands the club," he added.
Low profile

"He has grown to love Arsenal but he will remain in the background.

"This is not somebody who steps forward and looks for a public profile."

Kroenke is bidding to take complete control of Arsenal and Gazidis moved to allay fears he could do so by putting the club into debt.

He said: "The confirmations that Mr Kroenke gave in relation to his offer were, one, that he supports the self-sustainable business model of the club, and secondly that the offer would not be funded by debt against the club or dependent on Arsenal's business.

"Those were two significant commitments and confirmations that he made."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6988717,00.html

Olivier's xmas twist
13-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Arsenal are stepping up their interest in Blackburn Rovers defender Chris Samba, skysports.com understands.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger (http://topics.skysports.com/Arsene+Wenger/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif has made defensive reinforcements one of his top priorities this summer and he is eyeing a move for Samba.
Wenger is thought to be a fan of the Congo stopper and sees him as the right man to add a bit of power to the Gunners' rearguard.
Arsenal (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif are believed to have made an enquiry for Samba during the January transfer window and now Wenger is keen to rekindle their interest.
Arsenal lost out to Manchester United (http://topics.skysports.com/Manchester+United/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif for Samba's Blackburn team-mate Phil Jones and Wenger has now focused his attention on Samba, who is under contract until 2015.
Blackburn would be loathe to lose both Jones and Samba, but they could find it hard to reject Arsenal's overtures should they make a bid for the 27-year-old with Samba thought to be interested in a move to the Emirates.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6988663,00.html

Coney
13-06-2011, 10:40 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6988717,00.html

Sounds very promising. But I guess we should reserve judgement until August.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-06-2011, 10:43 PM
yeah suppose i think all our deals will be more or less announced around the same time.

budesonide
13-06-2011, 10:44 PM

...when wenger will come out and say he couldn't find any players better than what we've already got. ;)

Cripps_orig
13-06-2011, 10:54 PM
But Spurs manager Harry Redknapp is ready to battle it out with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to sign Blackburn defender Chris Samba.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Arsenal are set to face a transfer fight with Paris St Germain for the signatures of Lille ace Gervinho and Saint Etienne midfielder Blaise Matuidi.
Full story: Metro

Yay more french nobodies. Or if he aint French then yay more nobodies playing in France. Didn't he learn from the Koscielny shocker?

Wouldn't mind Samba though

Kano
14-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Lille have confirmed that they are set to hold talks with Arsenal over Gervinho.

The French champions revealed earlier this week that they would refuse to sell the Ivorian star to another Ligue 1 club, ruling out a move to Paris St Germain, who had made contact.

But England has always been Gervinho's preferred destination and Arsenal have long been favourites to land him ahead of the likes of Newcastle, Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham.

Lille's general manager Frederic Paquet has now confirmed they are set to hold talks with Arsenal, who have made contact.

"He actually wants to go," Paquet admitted to RMC.

"We have developed contacts with Arsenal. We will soon discuss with them to see what they want.

"He expressed his desire to leave for England so we'll see what will happen.

"Gervinho chose to leave for England, so that limits the scope of the situation.

"We will meet soon with Arsenal, see what they offer - but he is a player of value."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6988950,00.html

LDG
14-06-2011, 09:06 AM
##

Coney
14-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Yay more french nobodies.

Yeah. F*ckin' Thierry Henry. Tosser.

Unai Tea
14-06-2011, 09:56 AM
I'd be pretty pleased if at the end of this summer we ended up losing the following:

Bendtner
Denilson
Almunia
Diaby (hope hope)
Eboue
Rosicky

Adding the following:

Chris Samba (proper CB, threatening bastard who also provides a goal threat)
Gervinho (Quick and active winger who doubles as a forward, ala Henry?)
Blaise Matuidi (Provides competitiveness in the middle of the pitch and pushes Song)
Oxlade-Chamberlain (Another proper winger rather than a CM pushed out wide)
Jenkinson (Eboue's replacement but adds depth at CB rather than RW)
"Proper Striker TBC" (I think this is a critical transfer, Van Persie is an ideal second striker, we need a proper top guy)

I think also that in Cesc, Nasri, Wilshere, Arshavin, Ramsey you have 5 creative CM's and would prefer to keep them all. If one HAS to go, let it be Arshavin as he's the fattest. I'm not sure what to do with Clichy. I think pastures new would do wonders for him and improve our pasture as well. We're rumoured to be sniffing around Milosevic so he might be seen as a replacement. Gibbs is too injury prone and not good enough to rely on for a season.

It may all be a pipe dream but that sort of transfer season would get my hopes up a bit for next season.

Cripps_orig
14-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah. F*ckin' Thierry Henry. Tosser.

Lost all respect for him the way he left us and the team he left us for.

Got a bit of that back though since he left those twats.

Cripps_orig
14-06-2011, 10:21 AM
The Times report Cescs representatives will meet Barcunts this week as he is in Spain to shoot a commercial

Cripps_orig
14-06-2011, 10:23 AM
ARSENAL are heading the chase for £3.5million-rated Swedish teenager Alexander Milosevic.

Gunners scouts watched the left-back, 19, in action for AIK Solna at the weekend. But Spurs, Liverpool and Sunderland were also checking on the Under-21 ace.
Solna chief Jens Anderson admitted: "Several clubs from England are following him."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3635547/Arsenal-lead-the-chase-for-Alexander-Milosevic.html#ixzz1PFECgRad (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3635547/Arsenal-lead-the-chase-for-Alexander-Milosevic.html#ixzz1PFECgRad)

yay

KSE Comedy Club
14-06-2011, 10:25 AM
The Times report Cescs representatives will meet Barcunts this week as he is in Spain to shoot a commercial

Another non story from the shit rags really.

Unless they are meeting with Arsenal's representatives they can fucking do one tbh.

Cripps_orig
14-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Another non story from the shit rags really.

Unless they are meeting with Arsenal's representatives they can fucking do one tbh.

That is how legal transfers would go about

But as we know, Barcunts are immune to punishment from UEFA, Spanish FA, FIFA etc and do what they want so i wouldnt be surprised if they do meet up with Cescs lot

KSE Comedy Club
14-06-2011, 10:28 AM
yay

I wonder how much money we have spent on kids the last 6 years, it must run into double figures surely?

Why not just spend tha money on experience. It makes me laugh, we never have any money for anyone decent but we can always pluck £3-12m out of the air when some promising youngster 'the next Messi, etc' comes along.

KSE Comedy Club
14-06-2011, 10:31 AM
That is how legal transfers would go about

But as we know, Barcunts are immune to punishment from UEFA, Spanish FA, FIFA etc and do what they want so i wouldnt be surprised if they do meet up with Cescs lot

:lol: too true.

Oh they will meet up with him alright, it a guarantee. Part of me cant wait for Cesc to fuck off tbh, especially after last summer, but the other part wants us to keep him to piss Barca off.

Japan Shaking All Over
14-06-2011, 10:31 AM
I'd be pretty pleased if at the end of this summer we ended up losing the following:

Bendtner
Denilson
Almunia
Diaby (hope hope)
Eboue
Rosicky

Adding the following:

Chris Samba (proper CB, threatening bastard who also provides a goal threat)

Gervinho (Quick and active winger who doubles as a forward, ala Henry?)
Blaise Matuidi (Provides competitiveness in the middle of the pitch and pushes Song)
Oxlade-Chamberlain (Another proper winger rather than a CM pushed out wide)
Jenkinson (Eboue's replacement but adds depth at CB rather than RW)
"Proper Striker TBC" (I think this is a critical transfer, Van Persie is an ideal second striker, we need a proper top guy)

I think also that in Cesc, Nasri, Wilshere, Arshavin, Ramsey you have 5 creative CM's and would prefer to keep them all. If one HAS to go, let it be Arshavin as he's the fattest. I'm not sure what to do with Clichy. I think pastures new would do wonders for him and improve our pasture as well. We're rumoured to be sniffing around Milosevic so he might be seen as a replacement. Gibbs is too injury prone and not good enough to rely on for a season.

It may all be a pipe dream but that sort of transfer season would get my hopes up a bit for next season.

out of those Samba is what wr need at the back
And Gervinho is the one we hear about as our striker, not sure if Wenger will look for another unless Bedtner slings his hook and then we most definitely need another cos as much as I want to see Robin have an injury free season it is by no means a shoo-in

Blasie i cant see us paying the price quoted
Oxlade is young but you are right about how useless it is putting Nasri or Arshavin oit wide need people that can cross. Maybe AW was hoping that Clichy and Sagna woild help out there?

target man? My choice sneaky bid for Drogba, but salary would be a bit of a prob especially if we intend to shell oit for Nasri and keep Cesc
again my choice would be Nas over Cesc because how sctive we are this summer resys on if we sell Cesc or not

LDG
14-06-2011, 10:32 AM
I wonder how much money we have spent on kids the last 6 years, it must run into double figures surely?

Why not just spend tha money on experience. It makes me laugh, we never have any money for anyone decent but we can always pluck £3-12m out of the air when some promising youngster 'the next Messi, etc' comes along.

Players like Feo etc are touted as 10-12mil, but the reality is much different. We lay down 3mil and the rest is paid in stages based on appearances, ECL etc etc, so we only pay the dosh when we get the return....so it's a falacy to suggest we're just flashing the cash. We only pay the big bucks when a player reaches a certain level.

We got a away with a few mill on Theo too, if I recall, so I think he only cost us about 7mil in the end. And regardless of what you think of him....we'd be lookig at 20mil if he was to be sold on now.

KSE Comedy Club
14-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Players like Feo etc are touted as 10-12mil, but the reality is much different. We lay down 3mil and the rest is paid in stages based on appearances, ECL etc etc, so we only pay the dosh when we get the return....so it's a falacy to suggest we're just flashing the cash. We only pay the big bucks when a player reaches a certain level.

We got a away with a few mill on Theo too, if I recall, so I think he only cost us about 7mil in the end. And regardless of what you think of him....we'd be lookig at 20mil if he was to be sold on now.

I dont disagree, thats exactly right. But when you see these prices quoted (£3.5m for this lad now) and add up what we have spent on youth, we could have saved some of that money up and bought a couple of experienced players at times when we 'had no money'.

Kano
14-06-2011, 10:41 AM
theres still 4/5 years left on cescs contract so either pay up or jog on

server too busy!
14-06-2011, 11:05 AM
People say we spend a lot on these youth players, but the reality is we almost always make a profit on them when we sell on. So yes we pay alot but we get more money back from them later.

AKBapologist
14-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Neymar off to RM, strikers like higuian may be on sale...

Cripps_orig
Barcelona will make a big push to sign Cesc Fabregas while the Arsenal midfielder is on holiday in the city this week. The Catalan side value the 24-year-old at £35m and are ready to offer the Gunners their choice of players in return.
Full story: Daily Mirror (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Cesc-Fabregas-Samir-Nasri-targets-of-planned-bids-by-Barcelona-Inter-Milan-article746781.html)

Who gives a monkeys what they value him at.

Its what we value him at thats important and if they cant come up with that then they should stfu

Cripps_orig
Brilliant striker.

Would love him here

LDG
14-06-2011, 11:19 AM
I dont disagree, thats exactly right. But when you see these prices quoted (£3.5m for this lad now) and add up what we have spent on youth, we could have saved some of that money up and bought a couple of experienced players at times when we 'had no money'.

Well, I think we all know that we could have spent had AW wanted to. It seems pretty clear cut to me that our board and manager fell on the side of paying off debt first, spending cheap, bringing through youth and resisting the urge to compete with bigger spenders.

To all intents and purposes, it nearly came off, when you consider that we were one point of the top and in all other competitions including a final last term.

The problem and frustration has been that we didn't finish the job off by bringing in one or two in January to make certain, and refusing to change our tactics on the pitch when it comes to crunch time.

Even under Wenger when we were winning the league, the football was nowhere near as pretty during the last 10 games. It was scrapping out one-nil Freddy Ljungberg goals to get over the line, and being tight at the back. Something we clearly can't do at the end of the season, and aren't coaching nearly enough. Lack of leadership, lack of organisation...dunno, it's a strange combination, but it all comes down to that last "2%" really. Funny when you think about it.

So...to stop me rambling on...and in summary....the philosophy wasn't far wrong, it's just we made the same mistakes over and over again in the last three years. We weren't amitious enough, too cautious on spending, too risky when it comes to "hoping we'll see it through". This is the combination which has failed us.

3 mil here and there make no odds to me. When we could easily have pushed the boat out a little more...especially in the season just gone.

Marc Overmars
14-06-2011, 11:33 AM

Not for clubs like us. :coffee:

budesonide
14-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Not for clubs like us. :coffee:

you mean a club that has no reservations paying untestested and unproven kids 52,000 and 60000 a week, yet are sanctimonious about proven and renowned players being on double/triple that? Get out of town! :trophy:

Young Guns 11
14-06-2011, 11:48 AM
We're in talks to sign Gervinho eh?

Not entirely sure he's good enough, but meh.

KSE Comedy Club
14-06-2011, 11:50 AM
People say we spend a lot on these youth players, but the reality is we almost always make a profit on them when we sell on. So yes we pay alot but we get more money back from them later.

Glad we are constantly making a profit and doing nothing with it :good:

Marc Overmars
14-06-2011, 11:53 AM
We're in talks to sign Gervinho eh?

Not entirely sure he's good enough, but meh.

He can speak French.

He's good enough. :good:

KSE Comedy Club
14-06-2011, 11:59 AM
3 mil here and there make no odds to me. When we could easily have pushed the boat out a little more...especially in the season just gone.

But thats my point.

Instead of spending the 3 mil here and there, we could have saved it all for 1 or 2 bigger signings to help us push on.