PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 02:57 PM
:blink:

You've never seen me judging Bendtner or Diaby?

Plus its a bit different cos we got them a few years back when Wenger wasnt in the hated position he is now and we could tolerate a few kids coming through.

Not anymore. Last thing we need is more kids be it french, african, english, outer mongolian etc

Buy experienced quality

fairy snuff

Japan Shaking All Over
23-06-2011, 03:18 PM
:blink:

You've never seen me judging Bendtner or Diaby?

Plus its a bit different cos we got them a few years back when Wenger wasnt in the hated position he is now and we could tolerate a few kids coming through.

Not anymore. Last thing we need is more kids be it french, african, english, outer mongolian etc

Buy experienced quality

You've never seen me judging Bendtner?

this is a classic case of Cripps judging........read and weep

Would like to congratulate Bendtner. From now til the end of time, whenever the queston of "who is Arsenals worst ever player?" is asked, he will be at the forefront of peoples minds.

One of the worst players of all times. Add to that his attitude and he is simply awful. If we get any money for him then its a miracle

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 03:21 PM
this is a classic case of Cripps judging........read and weep

:gp:

FFS, i want the whole post quoted, not just what the poster said

Japan Shaking All Over
23-06-2011, 03:42 PM

FFS, i want the whole post quoted, not just what the poster said

Cripps go and do one:redcard:

thats as far as I go.......hell you've probably pissed me off on another thread;)

Flavs
23-06-2011, 03:50 PM
This is exactly the type of signing Wenger loves, and it's exactly the type of signing that will get us absolutely no where.

:lol:

Flavs
23-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Cos thats all Wenger seems to be interested in these days.

Sure, if they are good enough then get them in but they often arent

Alan B'stard
23-06-2011, 04:04 PM
the only reason we are not selling is cos he couldnt get a game at west brom and everyone thinks he is shit. ergo no decent buyers.
He will find another loan someplace, and then we will flog him in 6 months or a year.

Meh I say. Meh

selassie
23-06-2011, 04:51 PM
the only reason we are not selling is cos he couldnt get a game at west brom and everyone thinks he is shit. ergo no decent buyers.
He will find another loan someplace, and then we will flog him in 6 months or a year.

Meh I say. Meh

Yup pretty much.

Tis worrying nobody seems to want our rubbish. We can't even give em away.

Elreactor
23-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Do we need to forget about Falcao?

:haha:

:yawn:

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Back to Portugal, then, where the Porto president Jorge Pinto da Costa has warned new Chelsea manager, André Villas-Boas, that he'll have to spend big money to get the team's stars to follow him to London. And to prove he's not kidding he slapped a £62m combined price tag on the striker Falcao and the playmaker João Moutinho. But Chelsea could make all of that and more by dumping Lampard, Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka, Florent Malouda, Michael Essien, Salomon Kalou and Mikel John Obi. Perhaps they already have been dumped — it would help to explain why Ashley Cole's bins are so full.

Carlos Tevez's £150,000-a-week salary has scared off potential suitors Internazionale. "He is a great player, but his salary means it is out of the question," said the sporting director, Marco Branca. Equally unlikely to move to Italy is Gaël Clichy, who has informed Arsenal that he would prefer to replace Wolves-bound-and-anyway-rubbish Paul Konchesky at Liverpool rather than move to rival bidders Roma — even though the Italians' bid is, at £7m, a full £2m more than Liverpool's. Manchester City are also seeking a left-back, but after mulling over an offer for Leighton Baines they have made Lyon's £20m-rated Aly Cissokho their top target.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/23/football-transfer-rumours-chelsea
Pretty rubbish tbh

Özim
23-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Probably the same people who would want us to get Hazard because he can do a few step overs instead of Gervinho who's actually closer to what we actually need.
Funny how Lille are more willing to sell Gervinho than Hazard though. Suggests to me they think he's a better player. They've pretty much said Hazard is untransferable, whilst they'd like to keep Gervinho he's not seen as important as Hazard.

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Pretty much certain he's off to cheslea now.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7001441,00.html

"I am leaving things up to my agent," Falcao is quoted as saying by the Daily Star.

"I am very calm about the situation but I know there has been some movement.

"If Chelsea is interested in me then all that needs to happen is for negotiations to take place."
Falcao
Quotes of the week
"My ambition is to keep working hard and I am convinced I can play in a superior league like England.

"If Chelsea is interested in me then all that needs to happen is for negotiations to take place."

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Hoping hes the new Kezman

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Funny how Lille are more willing to sell Gervinho than Hazard though. Suggests to me they think he's a better player. They've pretty much said Hazard is untransferable, whilst they'd like to keep Gervinho he's not seen as important as Hazard.

Gervinho has a year left on his contract. Hazard has 4, hence why we're about to get Gervinho for less than crazy (20-30mill) money.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Young was in his last year at Villa wasnt he?

And Villa manage to get £20m for him.

Nasri, a far better player is in his last year and the talk was £8m for him

Shows that other managers know that Wenger will bend over for them

The mancs got robbed paying that for young. he is no where as good as made out.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Pretty much certain he's off to cheslea now.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7001441,00.html

well even if they had not got him or don't they'd get someone of equal talent anyway. At least they won't get neymar.

Özim
23-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Gervinho has a year left on his contract. Hazard has 4, hence why we're about to get Gervinho for less than crazy (20-30mill) money.
Fair enough, but I would have said that if we were gonna sign a striker it should be a no nonsense finisher.

He's very much a Wenger type player, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Fair enough, but I would have said that if we were gonna sign a striker it should be a no nonsense finisher.

He suits the 4-3-3 system we play, which is better than most of our signings of late.

Sirjackofwilshere
23-06-2011, 08:16 PM
We've signed an established spanish international according to twitter

:popcorn:

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Twitter :lol:

Darth Vela
23-06-2011, 08:54 PM

I don't think we'll be seeing one coming in as the noises emerging from the Vela camp make it seem like he's still in Wenger's plans and he SHOULD fit that mould of the finisher, much as I like him though I think I'm with you that we need to see someone of that ilk come into the club rather than try and rely on Vela being a little more useful.

I think Gervinho is also the right kind of guy we need to come in but whether he'll actually be any good it's pretty difficult to say, guessing I have a little more faith about this clubs ability to spot a player than you though. :)

Darth Vela
23-06-2011, 08:54 PM

Well, we weren't expecting him to stay so it's just like a new signing...

GP
23-06-2011, 09:19 PM

http://img.skysports.com/07/09/218x298/Jose_Antonio_Reyes_573635.jpg

:bow:

Özim
23-06-2011, 09:42 PM

Jurado, he's garbage.....played 18 times for the Spanish U21....but then this is Twitter we're talking about!

Özim
23-06-2011, 09:43 PM
http://img.skysports.com/07/09/218x298/Jose_Antonio_Reyes_573635.jpg

:bow:
Diving fairies :bow:

Özim
23-06-2011, 09:46 PM
I don't think we'll be seeing one coming in as the noises emerging from the Vela camp make it seem like he's still in Wenger's plans and he SHOULD fit that mould of the finisher, much as I like him though I think I'm with you that we need to see someone of that ilk come into the club rather than try and rely on Vela being a little more useful.

I think Gervinho is also the right kind of guy we need to come in but whether he'll actually be any good it's pretty difficult to say, guessing I have a little more faith about this clubs ability to spot a player than you though. :)
I think Vela has ability but he's not cut out for the PL, couldn't even make an impact at West Brom.

As for Gervinho I think he's the striker AW is going to sign, except he's not really an out and out striker....you're right though you do have more faith in the clubs ability to spot talent.

Ollie the Optimist
23-06-2011, 10:39 PM

says the person who relies on goal.com

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 10:44 PM
says the person who relies on goal.com

Zing

O/\O

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 10:48 PM
If you can't tell the difference between a football site and twitter where anyone can make BS up under a pretend name then there's no hope for you Ollie.

Mr. Lahey
23-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Have to say that none of the names we are linked with (aside from Cahill) will improve our team significantly.

Gervihnio, Samba, ALvarez (who?), Jagielka etc...= average signings.

Not that Im surprised by this at all, typical AW transfer season.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Samba is better than Cahill imo.

Ironing
23-06-2011, 11:28 PM
I'd trust twitter more than goal.com ANY day of the week

At least people on twitter don't expect you to believe what they say

Goal.com is often worse than The Sun. At least The Sun occasionally has indsider info that turns out to be correct. Goal.com know fuck all about anything. In fact I think posting links to goal.com should be a bannable offense

x

Marc Overmars
23-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Doesn't Goal.com just rehash stories and quotes from other sources anyway?

Cripps_orig
23-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Doesn't Goal.com just rehash stories and quotes from other sources anyway?
Yup. That's all they do. Saves me a lot of time and hassle as I don't have to go to different sites to pick up news when its right there on Goal.

Twitter and its gullible loser followers :pal:

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Nah, quite easy separating the wheat from the chaff if you have a brain. Half of the twitter shite makes its way on to goal.com anyway. What annoys me about goal.com the most however are:
1) goal.com reports - editorial style rumours with no foundation either stating the obvious of making shit up and seeing what sticks
2) 2+2=22 using old quotes and unconnected events with no real reporting to drive page clicks and banner advertising. Lots of sites are guilty of this, goal.com is the worst.

Guardian has the best transfer rumour success ratio because they actually do reporting, otherwise your just as much of a mug believing twitter is worse than any of the Indian sweatshop writer farms such as givemefootball and goal.com, whos job it is incidentally, to make money off spreading crap.

AKBapologist
23-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Have to say that none of the names we are linked with (aside from Cahill) will improve our team significantly.

Gervihnio, Samba, ALvarez (who?), Jagielka etc...= average signings.

Not that Im surprised by this at all, typical AW transfer season.
Who would you want us to sign?

Ironing
24-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Yup. That's all they do. Saves me a lot of time and hassle as I don't have to go to different sites to pick up news when its right there on Goal.

Twitter and its gullible loser followers :pal:

"news"

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Seriously who gives a fuck? Majority of paper rumours are BS. 10 months on and people are still obsessed with where a story comes from rather than the story itself.

If its Arsenal/football related and you think its worth posting then post it whether its from twitter, goal, independant :lol:, your uncles neighbours college roommate etc

Back on topic, Mancs are after Modric now

Marc Overmars
24-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Modric would be perfect for them, their CM is severely lacking in ability and flair.

Ironing
24-06-2011, 12:10 AM
Nah you're implying there's no way of reading the media to work out what really is and isn't concrete

Their fans have been after Modric for a while. Remember when we didn't buy him cause we had "too many midfielders"?

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Don't rate Modric at all. Doesn't score and doesn't assist. Poor version of Hleb.

Toronto Gooner
24-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Spurs can keep Modric. I agree with Ach although I think that he is doing Hleb a disservice by using him as comparison for Modric.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-06-2011, 05:09 AM
this from BBC via the Mirror (says it all I guess)

Arsenal are determined to keep hold of captain Cesc Fabregas and have rejected Barcelona's initial offer of £31m.

the figure gets smaller

(also sorry if I'm repeating stuff, haven't checked the Cesc thread yet and won't be able to do so as I'm dashing out the office for an hour or so:wave:)

Özim
24-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Modric would be perfect for them, their CM is severely lacking in ability and flair.
That's the thing about Fergie, he won the title got to the CL final but saw that his team we're lacking in several areas.....what does he then go and do?

Goes out and finds suitable players to improve his team as quickly as possible, got to repsect his proactive approach.

Özim
24-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Spurs can keep Modric. I agree with Ach although I think that he is doing Hleb a disservice by using him as comparison for Modric.
Hleb was/is sh*t....where is he now...last time I saw he was at Birmingham stinking up the place. It's a nonsense to say this guy is good, he's a lightweight headless chicken with no end product who can't shoot for sh*t.

Ollie the Optimist
24-06-2011, 08:18 AM
That's the thing about Fergie, he won the title got to the CL final but saw that his team we're lacking in several areas.....what does he then go and do?

Goes out and finds suitable players to improve his team as quickly as possible, got to repsect his proactive approach.

but ashley young is shit. in all seriousness, he isnt that great. if he was here, wed all be moaning about him being inconsistent etc like bentner/denilson

Özim
24-06-2011, 08:21 AM
but ashley young is shit. in all seriousness, he isnt that great. if he was here, wed all be moaning about him being inconsistent etc like bentner/denilson
I personally think Ashley Young is awesome, pacey can cross and score goals. I've seen him for Villa a number of times and when he's on form he's usually the guy that destroys the opposition.

Saw one game where Villa scored 4 goals in a short spell and almost all of them came through him, IMO he's an upgrade on Walcott as he's a more intelligent footballer.

He's what Man U have been missing since Ronaldo left, with him in the team they'll be much more potent going forward IMO.

If we'd signed him I'd have been happy, he's a genuine winger.

Ollie the Optimist
24-06-2011, 08:25 AM
I personally think Ashley Young is awesome, pacey can cross and score goals. I've seen him for Villa a number of times and when he's on form he's usually the guy that destroys the opposition.

Saw one game where Villa scored 4 goals in a short spell and almost all of them came through him, IMO he's an upgrade on Walcott as he's a more intelligent footballer.

He's what Man U have been missing since Ronaldo left, with him in the team they'll be much more potent going forward IMO.

If we'd signed him I'd have been happy, he's a genuine winger.

i disagree, he can be magic, so can theo but too often he goes missing. its the same with aghbonhor (no idea how to spell it) one reasonable season and everyone thinks he is great. too often they both go missing and if they were here, he would be moaning

Özim
24-06-2011, 08:26 AM
i disagree, he can be magic, so can theo but too often he goes missing. its the same with aghbonhor (no idea how to spell it) one reasonable season and everyone thinks he is great. too often they both go missing and if they were here, he would be moaning
Aghbonlahor I don't rate, but Young is good IMO.

Boss
24-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Theo may be a better prospect than Young but Young will develop better under Ferguson and become more potent (a la Ronaldo, Nani).

Walcott would be player of the year by now if he went to United instead of us.

Marc Overmars
24-06-2011, 08:28 AM
I don't think Young is particularly a special player, I just feel as though he's the right kind of player for United and they will get the best out of him IMO.

LDG
24-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Ferguson doesn't do individuals. He makes teams, and that's the difference.

Young has been purchased to be a part of that team, and will be drilled as such.

I don't think half their players are that special. They just work in a unit which fucntions as SAF sees fit.

AKBapologist
24-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Theo Walcott has scored more goals and created more chances this season than in A Youngs best. He's already the real deal IMO. Would SAF have got better use out of either? Certainly, but I'd rather have a 21 year old Walcott than an Ashley Young who's now in his prime.

Joker
24-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Under Ferguson you watch how quickly Young develops, especially his all round game (including tracking back) which Ferguson places a lot of emphasis on. Yes, there are many better wingers out there than Young, but he is talented, and at United I think he'll be forced to work on his weaknesses and become a more all round footballer.

Compare that to Arsenal in recent years, and Wenger's dismal record of actually developing players (something that he's renouned for) Players like Denilson, Diaby, Bendtner have barely progressed at all, and show the same flaws that they did at the start of their careers (admittedly the players themselves need to take a lot of responsibility for that) Denilson is still dreadful at tracking off the ball runners. I imagine under Ferguson he'd either have learnt to improve the defensive side of his game or he'd be out of the club a lot earlier.

Coney
24-06-2011, 09:25 AM

Young has been purchased to be a part of that team, and will be drilled as such.

I don't think half their players are that special. They just work in a unit which fucntions as SAF sees fit.

That's dead right. Ferguson, like people such as Brian Clough and Bill Shankley in the past, know how to take a team of mostly not too special players and make them perform as a team and in the long grind of a season, that pays dividends. What we are missing is a couple of key players in the team who, while not the most skillful in the world, are able to produce the glue to bring the whole thing together. I sometimes think that while Wenger must know that we need some 'glue' players he is waiting for one who can do that AND be a top skill player, when getting the catalyst players is more important than worrying if they are only second best in the skills area.

Özim
24-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Theo Walcott has scored more goals and created more chances this season than in A Youngs best. He's already the real deal IMO. Would SAF have got better use out of either? Certainly, but I'd rather have a 21 year old Walcott than an Ashley Young who's now in his prime.
Firstly he plays for a stronger side who create a lot of chances and have a lot of possession, it makes sense that Walcott has more goals and assists...especially as Villa had a bad season.

Young IMO is more devastating than Walcott, on form in a top team he'll tear defences apart, he's not just about speed, his crossing is also excellent.

As has been said Ferguson builds team and Young is just another ingredient, he's something they lack and Ferguson has been quick to fill the gap.

selassie
24-06-2011, 09:26 AM

:good:

This

I think Theo & quite a few of our young talents would be further ahead in their development under SAF, a lot further ahead.

selassie
24-06-2011, 09:28 AM

Ashley Young will probably dislodge Theo from the National team IMHO. I think he'll develop into a very very good player under SAF.

I like Theo and think he has more potential than Ashley Young but for over the next few years I think Young will develop into the more efficient player.

IBK
24-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Hmmm. A worrying topic. Are our players improving under Wenger? The evidence, largely, would appear not.

GP
24-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Hmmm. A worrying topic. Are our players improving under Wenger? The evidence, largely, would appear not.

Some are, some aren't. Same with every team really.

Marc Overmars
24-06-2011, 09:44 AM

Yep, that is well put. :good:

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Daily Mail reports we have reignited our interest in some nobody called Alvarez for £12m

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 10:35 AM

This.

I dont particularly care Mancs have got Young cos hes shit and was shit for Villa last season and Theo is far better.

Its the fact that Man Utd are out there buying and improving their squad whilst we do f all thats gets on our goat.

KSE Comedy Club
24-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Im surprised the record still plays, its so broken.

Any real news going on today that doesnt involve masturbating over SAF?

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Im surprised the record still plays, its so broken.

Any real news going on today?
Reminds me of Arsene and Arsenal repeating the same mistakes over and over again season in and season out ;)

And real news concerning Arsenal? In summer? :lol:

Boss
24-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Our number one transfer target has rejected us and will play for Barcelona instead.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/belgian-starlet-rejects-united-arsenal---accepts-b?

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Our number one transfer target has rejected us and will play for Barcelona instead.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/belgian-starlet-rejects-united-arsenal---accepts-b?
What a shame

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 11:23 AM

This, with Fergie its how to keep winning. Arsenal don't have that motivation to win as were not used to winning.

Players go to Chelsea and the mancs with the motivation to win stuff not us.

Chelsea will want there league title back that will be their motivation, liverpool will be catching the mancs record.

what will ours be?

Unai Tea
24-06-2011, 12:04 PM

We'll bide our time and get him when he's 16...

budesonide
24-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Chelsea will want there league title back that will be their motivation, liverpool will be catching the mancs record.

what will ours be?

doing things the "right way"?

....whilst asking for 60mil for our star player -- as if we'll ask for any less than our valuation for him.

....which is what most clubs do except we don't think it is moral when other clubs want to sell at exhorbitant rates.

Hey, the market is immorally inflated -- let's sell our players off for as much as we can weasle out in said market but let's hop onto a moral high-ground when we have to buy stuff!

Joker
24-06-2011, 12:28 PM

....whilst asking for 60mil for our star player -- as if we'll ask for any less than our valuation for him.

....which is what most clubs do except we don't think it is moral when other clubs want to sell at exhorbitant rates.

Hey, the market is immorally inflated -- let's sell our players off for as much as we can weasle out in said market but let's hop onto a moral high-ground when we have to buy stuff!

Wenger's hypocrisy is quite embarrassing tbh.

cricketsi
24-06-2011, 12:54 PM

So if Wenger should sell Cesc off on the cheap that would better maintain his stance and make him less of a hypocrite?

Sometimes I think we need to start winning stuff just so the complete fucktards will crawl back into the woodwork.

Joker
24-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Our stance with Cesc is totally reasonable, and I wouldn't expect our manager to be doing anything else than to try and get the highest price possible out of him. However, at the same time Wenger moans about an artificially inflated transfer market, criticising implicitly clubs that ask exorbitant prices for their players, claiming it distorts the market. Ultimately, we've put our own valuation on Cesc, the same way other clubs like Sunderland put their own valuations on their prized assets like Henderson. Wenger shouldn't preach to other clubs about the way they try to get the best price out of their players, since that is what we do.

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Sometimes I think we need to start winning stuff just so the complete fucktards will crawl back into the woodwork.

Joker
24-06-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't think calling people fucktards helps in any way tbh. It just adds credence to the belief that those who support Wenger are incapable of listening to even the slightest criticism of him or his methods.

dazthegooner
24-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Our stance with Cesc is totally reasonable, and I wouldn't expect our manager to be doing anything else than to try and get the highest price possible out of him. However, at the same time Wenger moans about an artificially inflated transfer market, criticising implicitly clubs that ask exorbitant prices for their players, claiming it distorts the market. Ultimately, we've put our own valuation on Cesc, the same way other clubs like Sunderland put their own valuations on their prized assets like Henderson. Wenger shouldn't preach to other clubs about the way they try to get the best price out of their players, since that is what we do.

Yeah Wenger should make a stance and sell Cesc for a mars bar and a curly wurly... ;)

AKBapologist
24-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Italian president claims Arsenal have signed Ricardo Alvarez
Maurizio Zamparini, the president of Palermo, has claimed in an interview Arsenal have signed Ricardo Alvarez.

Zamparini told Tuttosport:
"Alvarez? We had a specific interest we had in hand as early as January. Unfortunately, our mistake we did a quick run at the moment and has already signed for the 'Arsenal'. "

http://www.ashburtongrove.co.uk/2011/06/italian-president-claims-arsenal-have.html?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeSIgyfG1sc

Yay

Toronto Gooner
24-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I don't think calling people fucktards helps in any way tbh. It just adds credence to the belief that those who support Wenger are incapable of listening to even the slightest criticism of him or his methods.
I agree Joker, and I would request that people start realising that there an infinite number of shades of grey and virtually no (if any) shades of black and white when it comes to discussing the pros and cons of Arsenal's footballing policies.

budesonide
24-06-2011, 01:25 PM
So if Wenger should sell Cesc off on the cheap that would better maintain his stance and make him less of a hypocrite?

Sarcasm/irony is lost on you my friend! Read my post again :yawn:

budesonide
24-06-2011, 01:27 PM

and I almost thought irony was foreign to GW. Why do you have to do that?

Kaiser
24-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Nasri's replacement, I guess. He's tall, seems strong physically, great technical ability, and he has had a terrible time with injuries. Perfect for us. I'm assuming we've scouted him for years now, cos we wouldn't go for him on a whim. Still a little sceptical with the report on him from that scout Karl something, but Wenger isn't a bad judge of ability for the most part in terms of attacking players.

cricketsi
24-06-2011, 01:37 PM

No it doesn't, it's completely unrelated to my opinion of Wenger that I find your posting ridiculous and tedious.

server too busy!
24-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Alvarez reminds me of Kaka, looks strong, quick, skillful and composed...only problem is I can't see where hes going to play for us unless Cesc goes.

Joker
24-06-2011, 01:59 PM
No it doesn't, it's completely unrelated to my opinion of Wenger that I find your posting ridiculous and tedious.

In what way is my posting tedious? I don't go around posting "Wenger out!" in every thread do I? Yes, I do think Wenger should leave, but I try and give my reasons for why I believe that, and I respect others who feel differently.

dazthegooner
24-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Ladies :tiphat:

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Ladies :tiphat:

Wrong thread or are you actually calling the posters on this thread ladies?

selassie
24-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Alvarez reminds me of Kaka, looks strong, quick, skillful and composed...only problem is I can't see where hes going to play for us unless Cesc goes.

He'll play on the wing, Arsene loves playing his central players there.

cricketsi
24-06-2011, 02:14 PM
In what way is my posting tedious? I don't go around posting "Wenger out!" in every thread do I? Yes, I do think Wenger should leave, but I try and give my reasons for why I believe that, and I respect others who feel differently.

Starting threads slating RvP after nearly every match was downright tedious. As was your use of the phrase "free market fundamentalist". Fair enough, you've probably reined in your more irritating posting since the board switchover.

selassie
24-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Starting threads slating RvP after nearly every match was downright tedious. As was your use of the phrase "free market fundamentalist". Fair enough, you've probably reined in your more irritating posting since the board switchover.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.

cricketsi
24-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Everybody is entitled to an opinion.

Indeed, that is an opinion.

Syn
24-06-2011, 02:26 PM
As was your use of the phrase "free market fundamentalist".

:haha:

cricketsi
24-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Not entirely clear on your cause for amusement, Syn?

Syn
24-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Not entirely clear on your cause for amusement, Syn?

It was funny because it was true.

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 03:27 PM

The irony is that anyone who doesn't viciously criticise and abuse Wenger, the board and select players are accused of being incapable of listening to even the slightest criticism of them and their methods.

You (and others) seem to think everything is black and white.

It's not.

Toronto Gooner
24-06-2011, 03:32 PM
The irony is that anyone who doesn't viciously criticise and abuse Wenger, the board and select players are accused of being incapable of listening to even the slightest criticism of them and their methods.

You (and others) seem to think everything is black and white.

It's not.
Agree Splinter, hence I wrote "I would request that people start realising that there an infinite number of shades of grey and virtually no (if any) shades of black and white when it comes to discussing the pros and cons of Arsenal's footballing policies. "

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-06-2011, 03:42 PM
we've signed alvarez and gervinho apparently according to the ITK guy on twitter.

he's got everything else spot on in the transfer window so far.

apparently our deals are gonna be announced on july 1st.

if so well done wenger, now time to strengthen the defense.

Fist of Lehmann
24-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Winger-tastic.

Guess this means we're sticking with 4-3-3 then.

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 03:47 PM
apparently our deals are gonna be announced on july 1st.

July the 1st :bow:

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 03:49 PM
yay

More run of the mill players and not the quality we need.

If its true of course

Darth Vela
24-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Winger-tastic.

Guess this means we're sticking with 4-3-3 then.

Depends what Barca can find down the back of their couch tbh.

Master Splinter
24-06-2011, 03:50 PM
yay

If its true of course

:rolleyes:

This is based on the fact you have watched them throughout their careers, yes?

I thought so.

Darth Vela
24-06-2011, 03:52 PM
yay

If its true of course

We don't know that, they're the right age and have been successful in their own leagues, there've been as many big names that have flopped as succeeded over here so as long as they ain't kids we should at least have some hope.

Marc Overmars
24-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Have absolutely no idea who this Alvarez is. Has he been capped for Argentina before?

Could his signing mean Nasri has decided to fuck off?

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 03:56 PM
:rolleyes:

This is based on the fact you have watched them throughout their careers, yes?

I thought so.
Gervinho ive seen for club and country. Nothing special. Wont stand out for us. No better than Arshavin or Theo or other players we have that can play on the wing.

Never heard of the pub teamer from Argentina

Mr. Lahey
24-06-2011, 04:11 PM
@Ach's comment RE: Samba is better than Cahill

I suppose thats totally debatable. Samba is definatley better in the air and better looking like a mean fucker thats for sure.

Mr. Lahey
24-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Who would you want us to sign?

Players better than the shite we've been linked with! As for who, well thats not my job to figure out but I will say that to think there are no other alternatives available than the average we've been linked with is ridiculous.

I believe we have the cash to drop at least 25 Mil on one player alone along with other reinforcements.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-06-2011, 04:19 PM
its debatable whether the 25 mil bracket are willing to come.......lets just wait and see.......running out of energy to keep up.....just having fun reading/listening to all the stories

Özim
24-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Gervinho ive seen for club and country. Nothing special. Wont stand out for us. No better than Arshavin or Theo or other players we have that can play on the wing.

Never heard of the pub teamer from Argentina
That's another problem with Wenger for me, always wants to sign relative nobodies to save money and uncover the next gem.....something he's not done for years.

Just wish he would go out and sign some more proven players that everyone knows what to expect from.

Like I said before he's got another thing coming if he thinks nobodies are going to calm the fans down.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-06-2011, 04:23 PM
proven players need to be found for the defence that is obvious, the names that have been mentioned I would welcome

we have players who know where the goal is but there were times when the mental aspect of our attcking game just melted away, this too needs to be addressed........we need proven ability and the ability to hunker down and get a job done, whether that is score the goal needed to kill off a game or to protect a lead.......one thing that was missing was leadership, we need players that have that, we need to fill our team with captains

AKBapologist
24-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Cesc has admitted that leaving London was no longer a priority: "I just found a great place to eat tapas. Of course, at home they are good, but why should I leave? This place is a find. I recently discovered that when I was in London I had one wish was to be with me now when I am home I want to be in London. You know the saying that goes "the grass is greener ..." ? I thought like that. Now I'm done with Barcelona. "
Excerpts from a quote in an interview from SOFOOT.com curtousy of youngguns
http://t.co/ZYnrOn5

We should offer him a new contract whilst the iron is hot.

Fist of Lehmann
24-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Depends what Barca can find down the back of their couch tbh.

Hleb's career?

I know he had one before he left our gaff.

AKBapologist
24-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Lille have refused an offer from Arsenal for Ivory Coast forward Gervinho, demanding the Gunners increase their bid.

Gervinho is keen to move to the Premier League and initial discussions have been positive, but Arsenal will have to improve their bid should they wish to convince Lille to sell.

Sources in France suggest that the French champions were unhappy with the amount put on the table by Arsene Wenger’s side and dismissed the bid out of hand, telling Arsenal in no uncertain terms that they rate their 24-year-old star in a higher price bracket.
What was that you were saying Zimm?

Fist of Lehmann
24-06-2011, 05:07 PM
M'eh.

He had an disturbingly enormous forehead anyway.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-06-2011, 05:24 PM

:pal: the guy on twitter who said we signed him

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 06:02 PM

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-06-2011, 06:42 PM

whats the source for that?

selassie
24-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Indeed, that is an opinion.

Sure, I think it's tedious when posters comment on other posters posts.

Ollie the Optimist
24-06-2011, 08:07 PM
That's another problem with Wenger for me, always wants to sign relative nobodies to save money and uncover the next gem.....something he's not done for years..

that jack wilshere bloke was shit wasnt he? :rolleyes:

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Who did we sign him from?

Ollie the Optimist
24-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Who did we sign him from?

luton i think

Power n Glory
24-06-2011, 08:37 PM
He was 9 years old!

Özim
24-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Big :pal: for you then

Ollie the Optimist
24-06-2011, 09:02 PM
He was 9 years old!
dont care, Zimm was saying how wenger hasnt produced any gems for a while. the future of english football appeared this season, coached by none other then wenger

AKBapologist
24-06-2011, 09:04 PM
whats the source for that?

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2011/06/24/lille-reject-arsenal-bid-for-gervinho/44348/?

Also, sky sports repeating the stuff I got from twitter.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7003856,00.html?

Ollie the Optimist
24-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Yeovil Town manager Terry Skiverton says his Twitter followers should take credit for the signing of striker Kieran Agard.

Skiverton approached fans on the social networking site and asked them to send him suggestions on possible targets.

"A few people are calling it the first 'twansfer'," he told BBC Somerset.

"I'll be retweeting the ones that came up with the name Kieran Agard. There's a couple of people who had mentioned him, so they'll be taking the credit."

Agard joined the Glovers on Wednesday on a one-year deal following his release from Everton.

And Skiverton says giving the supporters an opportunity to get involved in scouting for new talent has been a positive process.

"The help from the supporters has been magnificent," he said.

"What I didn't realise was other supporters from other clubs had jumped on the bandwagon. I've had supporters from Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea and Championship clubs like Cardiff, all telling me about their best youngsters and players are available on loan.

"The supporters sometimes feel left behind but in this case they've been asked for their opinion.

"I'm trying to do it a different way by giving them a bit of interest and it's been excellent."

twitter :bow:

Darth Vela
24-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Quick, someone tell him about Denilson whilst he still thinks listening to twitter is a good idea.

Özim
24-06-2011, 09:48 PM
dont care, Zimm was saying how wenger hasnt produced any gems for a while. the future of english football appeared this season, coached by none other then wenger
I said he hadn't signed any :doh:

Sirjackofwilshere
24-06-2011, 10:51 PM
We've signed Alvarez according to twitter.

Static
24-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini claims Arsenal have beaten him to the signature of Ricardo Alvarez.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7003856,00.html

Marc Overmars
24-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Yay

Özim
24-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Yay
x2

Let noone say we don't make big signings.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2011, 11:25 PM

Power n Glory
25-06-2011, 04:00 AM

I don't mind Wenger signing underrated players but you can't put Jack Wilshere in that bracket. He came through our youth system and Wenger can't take all the glory for that because he doesn't coach at that level. Bould is our youth team coach and Liam Brady is Head of Youth Development. Those guys and the team around them are responsible for Jack's development so far and now it's down to Wenger to turn him into a legend. It's a promising start but it's only one season.

I'll give Wenger his dues for players like RVP, Song, Walcott and former players like Henry and Ade. Guys in the first team who've played many seasons under him and improved on their weaknesses.

AKBapologist
25-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Jack, in his first full senior season has improved a he'll of a lot tbh. You've got to give AW credit for providing the environment for players like him to break through. Sure won't have happened at many other clubs that's for sure.

Joker
25-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Arseblog posted a link to some comments RE:Alvarez by a well respected scout. Here's what he said:

http://arseblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/scouting_big.jpg

Doesn't look particularly promising tbh. Moreover, apparently he only played his first professional game in 2008, and there's got to be doubts over his ability to settle into English football and acclimatise quickly enough. Being 23, you also have to ask why another big European club didn't come in for him earlier, if he is such a good player. Of course, it could well be that he's a slightly late developer, but you have to question the fact that we are looking at yet another relatively unknown player, with not a lot of experience of top level competition, and also with a history of injuries (according to Arseblog)

KSE Comedy Club
25-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Another title winning player.

:(

Unai Tea
25-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Maybe this Alvarez chap turns out to be an awesome player in the end but on a scale of Kaka to Amaury Bischoff, he looks to me to edge much closer to the latter rather than the former. He looks fine in his highlight video but that's all it is - his record of performance is extremely limited and he poses a significant risk of being a complete flop.

If true, this would be a pretty underwhelming transfer bordering on the embarrassing.

(Arsenal) :pal: (Football world)

Kaiser
25-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Because Wenger has probably only watched this player on Youtube, right?

He's probably had him watched for years now and seems to think he's worth the risk. I'm sure this Karl guy isn't particularly wrong but Wenger is probably a better judge of player (especially attacking players).

Boss
25-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Re Alvarez... 12M for a player that no one has ever heard of and looks like he will struggle to adapt is a fucking joke. Hope we're not in for him.

And people on here were talking about how Young was overpriced :doh:

Power n Glory
25-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Jack, in his first full senior season has improved a he'll of a lot tbh. You've got to give AW credit for providing the environment for players like him to break through. Sure won't have happened at many other clubs that's for sure.

Has he really improved that much compared to what he was like at Bolton? He was well prepared for this level.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Re Alvarez... 12M for a player that no one has ever heard of and looks like he will struggle to adapt is a fucking joke. Hope we're not in for him.

This

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Looks like we're getting Gervinho for £12m in the next few days although the "next few days" have been said for at least 3 weeks now.

£11m for this druggie from Argentina as well.

£23m on 2 players that arent of sufficient quality to improve us to the level we need.

Oh well. On we go to 2012/13

Kaiser
25-06-2011, 12:26 PM

Because players who most people haven't heard of are shit? That's retarded logic. We ought to have concerns over every foreign player that signs in that case in terms of them adapting.
We don't know the price either.

But as a replacement for Rosicky, I'm happy with this. It's a bit of a gamble but I'm willing to bet he'll be more effective than Tomas, who seems to have lost it.

At least it seems we're finally willing to spend. It's stupid to criticise Wenger for not getting value for money then complain that he's not spending enough money.

The northbanklower.com site says we're in to sign two centre-backs this summer (from Cahill, Jagieka and Samba) but Cahill prefers Citeh, Jagielka is settled in the North-West and Blackeye want £15m for Samba...

Also, I'd go for Vertonghen, but with Ajax bringing back legends in a re-structuring of the club, he might not want to go and they won't sell him.

Coney
25-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Because players who most people haven't heard of are shit? That's retarded logic. We ought to have concerns over every foreign player that signs in that case in terms of them adapting.

But as a replacement for Rosicky, I'm happy with this. It's a bit of a gamble but I'm willing to bet he'll be more effective than Tomas, who seems to have lost it.

At least it seems we're finally willing to spend. It's stupid to criticise Wenger for not getting value for money then complain that he's not spending enough money.

The northbanklower.com site says we're in to sign two centre-backs this summer (from Cahill, Jagieka and Samba) but Cahill prefers Citeh, Jagielka is settled in the North-West and Blackeye want £15m for Samba...

Also, I'd go for Vertonghen, but with Ajax bringing back legends in a re-structuring of the club, he might not want to go and they won't sell him.

Niall_Quinn
25-06-2011, 12:39 PM
No, not because players nobody has ever heard of are automatically shit (sometimes that trend can be bucked) but because we know what we lack as a club, we know what problems we have faced in the past and Mr Wenger continues to refuse to fix those problems. I'm extremely pleased if he's going after Samba, Cahill or Jagielka and we MUST get 2 from 3 so we can repair a woeful defence populated by other unheard of players who have - surprise, surprise, FAILED. But I don't see why the policy of common sense and sanity can't be applied to the rest of the team. Why do we have to have South Americans when we could have British players? What's the chance of a British player pining to leave Arsenal so he can go back to Britain? What's the chance of him having passport problems? Or not settling into the British way of life? Or hating the food? On the contrary, when Spanish clubs come calling there's less chance of him wanting to be away because now all the playing-abroad, can't settle shit starts working in our favour.

Enough foreigners, buy British FFS or at least buy PL experienced foreigners. Enough of being a try before you commit club.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 12:42 PM
No, not because players nobody has ever heard of are automatically shit (sometimes that trend can be bucked) but because we know what we lack as a club, we know what problems we have faced in the past and Mr Wenger continues to refuse to fix those problems. I'm extremely pleased if he's going after Samba, Cahill or Jagielka and we MUST get 2 from 3 so we can repair a woeful defence populated by other unheard of players who have - surprise, surprise, FAILED. But I don't see why the policy of common sense and sanity can't be applied to the rest of the team. Why do we have to have South Americans when we could have British players? What's the chance of a British player pining to leave Arsenal so he can go back to Britain? What's the chance of him having passport problems? Or not settling into the British way of life? Or hating the food? On the contrary, when Spanish clubs come calling there's less chance of him wanting to be away because now all the playing-abroad, can't settle shit starts working in our favour.

Enough foreigners, buy British FFS or at least buy PL experienced foreigners. Enough of being a try before you commit club.

Power n Glory
25-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Defence should be our first priority. That is where the bulk of the money should go this year but I don't see it happening. I don't want to hear any talk about over inflated prices if we buy 2 attacking players for £10m plus each and we start next season without a new centre back.

Özim
25-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Because players who most people haven't heard of are shit?
No but Wenger's record is very poor in the last 6 years regarding finding quality and yet he continues to take the risk rather than signing someone proven.

The guy hasn't got the message and clearly never learns, he should GTFO if this is his best attempt at sorting things tbh.

Overpaying for unknowns may be spending money, but it's not the right policy given our situation, to do this after last season is foolish at best.

Özim
25-06-2011, 12:59 PM

Yeah me too, just another sign Wenger just doesn't get it.

Boss
25-06-2011, 01:05 PM

We need two types of signings this summer:

a) Experienced PL quality players that can perform at a reasonable standard
b) 'Star' players from outside that can make a difference

Gervinho fits the b) category, and is likely to adapt (even though he'll be away for the ACoN, it's still a decent ish signing) - he's strong, pacy and was an important part of a title winning team last year.

Alvarez is a player who no one's ever heard of, is injury prone, played his first professional game in 2008 and comes from a completely different league. The best South American players have struggled to adapt, and he's definitely not one of those. Someone like Young at 20M (as an example) is a bargain compared to the quoted price of 12M.

I hope we're in for Samba/Cahill but we were linked with the same duo last year and signed absolute garbage instead. Wenger has to spend money, much more than he's been spending, but he also has to spend it wisely, something he's not been doing over the last few years. We spend 14M on garbage defenders who have no idea how to play in the English league and weaken our defense doing it, and then Wenger spouts nonsense like 12-15M for Samba/Cahill/whoever is too much. We start the season with Almunia/Fabianski/Chezza in goal because Wenger's too stubborn to spend 2M on a PL trusted GK, we start the season before that with Denilson/Diaby as two of our first teamers because Wenger's too stubborn to spend 2M more on a PL class midfielder (Alonso).

What Wenger seems to fail to realise is that by constantly buying cheap, it ends up very expensive over the long run, constantly buying replacements (or screwing the team's performance because he doesn't) and the constant chopping and changing makes it hard to build a stable team. At this point last season we had spent almost as much as United on CBs since they bought Ferdinand, but we had far more partnerships in that time and a far less stable defense.

A good player will pay for itself over the long run, and if it's what we need Wenger should be willing to push the boat out. Everyone's getting tired of us signing project players who either completely fail (costing us while they do) or take so long coming good that they're on the verge of looking for a new club by the time they reach a suitable level.

budesonide
25-06-2011, 01:16 PM
I hope we're in for Samba/Cahill but we were linked with the same duo last year and signed absolute garbage instead. Wenger has to spend money, much more than he's been spending, but he also has to spend it wisely, something he's not been doing over the last few years. We spend 14M on garbage defenders who have no idea how to play in the English league and weaken our defense doing it, and then Wenger spouts nonsense like 12-15M for Samba/Cahill/whoever is too much. We start the season with Almunia/Fabianski/Chezza in goal because Wenger's too stubborn to spend 2M on a PL trusted GK, we start the season before that with Denilson/Diaby as two of our first teamers because Wenger's too stubborn to spend 2M more on a PL class midfielder (Alonso).

What Wenger seems to fail to realise is that by constantly buying cheap, it ends up very expensive over the long run, constantly buying replacements (or screwing the team's performance because he doesn't) and the constant chopping and changing makes it hard to build a stable team. At this point last season we had spent almost as much as United on CBs since they bought Ferdinand, but we had far more partnerships in that time and a far less stable defense.

A good player will pay for itself over the long run, and if it's what we need Wenger should be willing to push the boat out. Everyone's getting tired of us signing project players who either completely fail (costing us while they do) or take so long coming good that they're on the verge of looking for a new club by the time they reach a suitable level.

that's called the "self-sustainable" model :tiphat:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 01:18 PM
RE: Alvarez. I'll wait for Tim Vickery's evaluation tbf.

Coney
25-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Everyone's getting tired of us signing project players who either completely fail (costing us while they do) or take so long coming good that they're on the verge of looking for a new club by the time they reach a suitable level.

The thing is that we can have 'project' players but what Wenger seems not to have done is combine them with a backbone of experienced players either bought in or kept in like Flamini, for instance, so you have keep a nucleus of experience along with the other talents you develop or buy in. That is, I think, where SAF succeeds. SAF is not afraid to buy in players for specific skills or functions and to bring up from the academy, but he always maintaines a stable nucleus. Players like Giggs, Scholes, Ferdinand are not just there for their football skills but also because they give the stability and example for the newer players.

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 01:27 PM
The thing is that we can have 'project' players but what Wenger seems not to have done is combine them with a backbone of experienced players either bought in or kept in like Flamini, for instance, so you have keep a nucleus of experience along with the other talents you develop or buy in. That is, I think, where SAF succeeds. SAF is not afraid to buy in players for specific skills or functions and to bring up from the academy, but he always maintaines a stable nucleus. Players like Giggs, Scholes, Ferdinand are not just there for their football skills but also because they give the stability and example for the newer players.
And that is why Wengers Over 30 policy is ridiculous. It is one of the many reasons why we are where we are.

Joker
25-06-2011, 01:30 PM
And that is why Wengers Over 30 policy is ridiculous. It is one of the many reasons why we are where we are.

Agree, the over 30 policy is a classic case of Wenger putting pure dogma over pragmatic reality. Quite a few of the over 30s would have done a good job for us, but instead Wenger decided to sell them, in the process destroying a significant proportion of the squad that won us trophies and cups (not to mention the unbeaten season) in a short space of time.

budesonide
25-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Agree, the over 30 policy is a classic case of Wenger putting pure dogma over pragmatic reality. Quite a few of the over 30s would have done a good job for us, but instead Wenger decided to sell them, in the process destroying a significant proportion of the squad that won us trophies and cups (not to mention the unbeaten season) in a short space of time.

it was a "financial necessity". :tiphat:

or, if you like:

they were "past their best" and could offer nothing that denilson and co. couldn't have. :tiphat:

Unai Tea
25-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Because Wenger has probably only watched this player on Youtube, right?

He's probably had him watched for years now and seems to think he's worth the risk. I'm sure this Karl guy isn't particularly wrong but Wenger is probably a better judge of player (especially attacking players).

I'm not suggesting that Alvarez has not been scouted beyond watching a bit of youtube. However, consideirng his injury history and minimal record at the top flight level in Argentina I cannot consider this anything but a very risky transfer. If this guy has 2-3 years of solid starting experience at the highest level in Argentina then fair enough. But it looks like he's barely played more than a season and could barely get a game before that. As I said, maybe there's a massive payoff and we've unearthed the next Kaka. We shall see.

I applaud the fact that we're actually buying a player but this will hopefully be one of at least 5-6 and by no means the biggest pickup we make.

As for replacing Rosicky, Rosicky doesn't need to be replaced. He provided nothing for the last 4-5 years. Get a £12 stuffed teddy bear and put him on the bench, it'll be like Rosicky never left. Spending £12m on a very risky transfer (injury history, not much of a record, has to adapt to new league, language and country) to replace a player who doesn't need replaced strikes me as a bit dodgy. Would rather see that £12m used to secure Samba and Cahill and pay Nasri.

Boss
25-06-2011, 02:24 PM
RE: Alvarez. I'll wait for Tim Vickery's evaluation tbf.

Q) There have been rumours on the internet that Arsenal have made a pre-contract agreement with Velez Sarsfield for their 23-year-old attacking midfielder Ricky Alvarez. If this is true, could he be a successful player for Arsenal, and what do you make of him?
Yousef Teclab

A) I like him. Lanky left footed midfielder with some class about him. No express pace for a wide role, but can tuck in and shoots well. He has had some injury problems, though.

http://www.brazilian-football.com/tim-vickery-brazilian-football-correspondent/

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 02:25 PM

Doesnt sound promising does it?

hobson's choice
25-06-2011, 02:29 PM
so have we actually signed him?

Master Splinter
25-06-2011, 02:31 PM

A) I like him.

Sounds great. Vickery knows what he's talking about.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Q) There have been rumours on the internet that Arsenal have made a pre-contract agreement with Velez Sarsfield for their 23-year-old attacking midfielder Ricky Alvarez. If this is true, could he be a successful player for Arsenal, and what do you make of him?
Yousef Teclab

A) I like him. Lanky left footed midfielder with some class about him. No express pace for a wide role, but can tuck in and shoots well. He has had some injury problems, though.http://www.brazilian-football.com/tim-vickery-brazilian-football-correspondent/

I can live with that. We can tag that last sentence you quoted on to anybody we sign really.

Özim
25-06-2011, 04:13 PM
so have we actually signed him?
Hope not.

fakeyank
25-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Whats poppin with Cesc and our purchase of Ade's cousin?

Cripps_orig
25-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Whats poppin with Cesc and our purchase of Ade's cousin?
Same old shit with Cesc. Hes pining for a move, Barca not offering what we want and we are pretending to act tough and looking like we will hold out for £44m when in reality we'll sell for much less than that.

As for Gervinho, it'll be done in a few days. Same shit as was few weeks ago basically there as well

Xhaka Can’t
25-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Man, I thought I was feeling miserable.

AKBapologist
25-06-2011, 08:26 PM
What did tim vickery say of Hernandez and Tevez before they came here?

GP
25-06-2011, 08:41 PM

Shit nickname and ugly, respectively.

AKBapologist
25-06-2011, 08:46 PM
More on Gervinho
http://bit.ly/kNVD5D

Niall_Quinn
25-06-2011, 11:29 PM

He said they were scummy cunts, IIRC.

Niall_Quinn
25-06-2011, 11:31 PM
More on Gervinho
http://bit.ly/kNVD5D

“Bambi on Ice” is a phrase that has been used to describe his running technique. At times his passing can also leave a lot to be desired, not the actually quality of the pass but the timing of the delivery.

I thought we had one of these already? Do we really need another one?

Unai Tea
26-06-2011, 07:05 AM
I thought we had one of these already? Do we really need another one?

If you're thinking of Bendtner then he's more of a 'Donkey in molasses' than a 'Bambi on ice'.

Japan Shaking All Over
26-06-2011, 08:36 AM
OK I am feeling the same way.......

1) have not much of a clue about the players we are being most strongly linked with (Gervinho and Alvarez)
2) worry about how for us, two largish sums are already being floated around (12 and 11 million respectively)
3) looking for PL tested and proven

we don't have control over how the club does business we can only sit down, buckle in, cover our eyes at the stomach churning drops and scream our heads off at the wild speed (although speed is not really a word best associated with our particular transfer dealing style)

however surely we shouldn't be slating things as all doom and gloom before seeing this guys first hand - if they are flops then we might be seeing more than AW's head on a platter but if they turn out good then a lot will be singing their names.

Is it too much to ask for these guys to be given the benefit of the doubt till at least the pre-season starts, if not a little more so than AW!?

I think we will see what we looking for, as I believe that Wenger is not blind to our frail defence but we gotta just sit tight for the time being

Boss
26-06-2011, 08:57 AM
NOTW are reporting that Utd will bid around 20M for Nasri this week.

Hope this isn't true.

Syn
26-06-2011, 09:11 AM

Hope this isn't true.

There is absolutely no chance we would sell to Man Utd so that doesn't really matter.

Xhaka Can’t
26-06-2011, 09:18 AM
I'd be sure about that too if the alternative wasn't him going there for free next season.

Japan Shaking All Over
26-06-2011, 09:33 AM
more like just a ruse to turn up the heat on the situation

Nasri story went quiet for a while

recent talk (sky sports paper talk section) had Arsenal looking to sit down with Nas and talk

so we are bound to get that Utd upping the ante

be great to be a journalist and talk bollocks all day.....wait up thats what i do anyway

LDG
26-06-2011, 09:37 AM
This is all rather depressing.

Rors
26-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Aston Villa are plotting a £14m raid on Manchester City for their former midfielder James Milner.(Sunday Mirror

Oh no you don't. You're not getting back around us that easily :sulk: He wouldn't give up the chance to spend Tuesday and Wednesday nights looking up at the Manchester skyline from the safety of the Eastlands bench now anyway.

Özim
26-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Is it too much to ask for these guys to be given the benefit of the doubt till at least the pre-season starts, if not a little more so than AW!?

I think we will see what we looking for, as I believe that Wenger is not blind to our frail defence but we gotta just sit tight for the time being
I've got no faith in "Wenger signings" anymore, just want to see players I know about who are proven...at least the majority of the signings fitting into that criteria anyway.

He's failed massively with signings in recent years, problem with him is he always wants a bargain and looks at that rather than what the team actually needs (not sure these players we're reportedly signing are bargains incidentally but no doubt Wenger see's them that way).

The way I see it he's done it his way for 6 years and failed miserably, so he owes the fans some quality signings now, especially after what we saw last season.

Xhaka Can’t
26-06-2011, 09:49 AM
more like just a ruse to turn up the heat on the situation

Nasri story went quiet for a while

recent talk (sky sports paper talk section) had Arsenal looking to sit down with Nas and talk

so we are bound to get that Utd upping the ante

be great to be a journalist and talk bollocks all day.....wait up thats what i do anyway

Flavs' fictional transfer stories are more considered and a better read than the bollox in the papers.

Too bad we can't pay him.

Özim
26-06-2011, 09:51 AM
This is probably rubbish, however nothing has been agreed and it seems that these negotiations with Nasri are taking forever, I'd say he's either wanting more money and we're not willing to give it to him, or he wants to see quality players come in for a change.

We seem happy to let it drag on though.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-06-2011, 10:59 AM
This is probably rubbish, however nothing has been agreed and it seems that these negotiations with Nasri are taking forever, I'd say he's either wanting more money and we're not willing to give it to him, or he wants to see quality players come in for a change.

We seem happy to let it drag on though.

Nah he's a money grabbing runt, who's true colour's have been shown.

selassie
26-06-2011, 01:10 PM

Hope this isn't true.

I'm pretty sure we'll turn down any offer from any English club.

Arsene or the Club are most certainly not in a position to be accepting bids from our title rivals for our Star Players.

There would be an outcry if we sold Nasri to any of our PL rivals, I'd happily take time off work to protest outside the stadium if such a thing happened.

Cripps_orig
26-06-2011, 01:22 PM
There is absolutely no chance we would sell to Man Utd so that doesn't really matter.

We will if he doesnt sign a new contract and we cant risk him going for free

selassie
26-06-2011, 01:26 PM
We will if he doesnt sign a new contract and we cant risk him going for free

I suspect that if he flatly refuses to sign a new contract then we'll offer him around Europe. I'm pretty sure one of the European clubs would happily take him off our hands. In fact I'd go as far as to say we'd rather sell him on the cheap to a European club than to sell him for big money to a domestic rival.

Cripps_orig
26-06-2011, 01:30 PM
I suspect that if he flatly refuses to sign a new contract then we'll offer him around Europe. I'm pretty sure one of the European clubs would happily take him off our hands. In fact I'd go as far as to say we'd rather sell him on the cheap to a European club than to sell him for big money to a domestic rival.

With a board and manager like ours who are interested in nothing but the money, we'll sell to whoever offers the most and that includes Man utd.

And then they will spin it so they can make the fans believe they had no choice but to sell to Man utd and put the blame on the player.

Cripps_orig
26-06-2011, 01:58 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7005757,00.html

Latest French/African player linked to us

McNamara That Ghost...
26-06-2011, 02:15 PM
He has been for years. That's Dharmesh Sheth's territory nearly every transfer window for us.

Boss
26-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Roma have officially pulled out of a pre-contract agreement for Ricky Alvarez, but Inter are challenging Arsenal.

The Giallorossi had named Velez Sarsfield talent Alvarez as one of the main targets for the summer under Coach Luis Enrique.

“It’s true we had a pre-contract agreement, but €15m for Alvarez is a bit much,” director of sport Walter Sabatini told Teleradiostereo.

“I believe a player should be paid what he is worth. Alvarez was born in 1988 and has room for improvement, but it’s also fair to say he hasn’t played very much in the first team.”

Arsenal were in pole position for the Argentine, but it is reported today that Inter have dived into the race.

The Nerazzurri would be prepared to pay the €15m for the 23-year-old trequartista.

http://www.football-italia.net/jun26q.html?

Hope Inter get him.

More stuff on Alvarez (4 min onwards)

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/transfer-talk-show/blog/2011-06-25/sturtridge-i-cant-see-need-ricardo-alvarez-arsenal?

Toronto Gooner
26-06-2011, 03:12 PM
http://www.football-italia.net/jun26q.html?

Hope Inter get him.

More stuff on Alvarez (4 min onwards)

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/transfer-talk-show/blog/2011-06-25/sturtridge-i-cant-see-need-ricardo-alvarez-arsenal?
Why Boss?

Olivier's xmas twist
26-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Why Boss?

Because he ain't an estabished player for us, just one of the unknowns we always seem to buy

Japan Shaking All Over
26-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Because he ain't an estabished player for us, just one of the unknowns we always seem to buy

but wouldnt you prefer to believe that the propects being mentioned just.......and I stress 'just' might make themselves established, thus causing themselves to no longer refered to as an 'unknown' but a very much 'known'

we still have a few days to July first, when we believe we may hear the first news but we even further still till the end of the transfer window.......so best to wait and see

Olivier's xmas twist
26-06-2011, 04:37 PM
but wouldnt you prefer to believe that the propects being mentioned just.......and I stress 'just' might make themselves established, thus causing themselves to no longer refered to as an 'unknown' but a very much 'known'

we still have a few days to July first, when we believe we may hear the first news but we even further still till the end of the transfer window.......so best to wait and see

im just saying what the General cenus is on here, not that id not give them a chance. I mean Were not that far away from winnning the league, id like to see that quality that can win us the league not potential.

id have no problems with Rick Alvrez if we signed quality palyers to go with him and others.

Xhaka Can’t
26-06-2011, 04:40 PM
We've had enough of 'prospects' for the time being. We need proven established players to drag this Club out of the cycle of comfortable underachievement.

Boss
26-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Why Boss?

We signed the same type of garbage last year and saw what results that gave us.

Obviously I'd give him a chance if he came to us but I really hope he doesn't.

Slacker
26-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Not sure why people are buying the transfer window opens on 1st July fallacy. The transfer window in England opens the day after the last day of the English football calendar. Therefore Arsenal could have started buying from English and all teams outside Europe from that date.

The transfer window in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Scotland opens on 1st July. I expect Arsenal will announce a rake of signings from those countries from next Friday. :)

Master Splinter
26-06-2011, 05:48 PM
July the 1st :bow:

It's on!

Unai Tea
26-06-2011, 07:01 PM
The one positive of the potential Alvarez transfer is that other teams would appear to be interested too. There's a little comfort in that.

Boss
26-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Inter Milan are attempting to hijack Arsenal's move for Velez Sarsfield starlet Ricardo Alvarez with a €12million bid.

The highly-rated Argentine midfielder has been strongly linked with Arsene Wenger's side and, until now, Arsenal had been clear favourites for his signature.

The North Londoner's are believed to have tabled a bid worth €10million (£8.9million), with the 23-year-old destined for Europe this summer.

Argentine outfit Velez are holding out for around €15million, but will have been encouraged by Inter's offer, which propels the Italians to the front of the queue.

Alvarez's agent, Marcello Simonian, refuses to divulge which club is his client's preferred choice, but said: "I can only say that the footballer is prepared to play at a big European club."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7006146,00.html?

selassie
26-06-2011, 07:56 PM

Yep, please no more Projects Arsene.

Sirjackofwilshere
26-06-2011, 07:57 PM
If you want anyone to become a nhilist, tell them to support Arsenal

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110217001626/callofduty/images/d/d9/FUUUU.jpg

:crying:

Ralpheroo72
26-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Not sure why people are buying the transfer window opens on 1st July fallacy. The transfer window in England opens the day after the last day of the English football calendar. Therefore Arsenal could have started buying from English and all teams outside Europe from that date.

The transfer window in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Scotland opens on 1st July. I expect Arsenal will announce a rake of signings from those countries from next Friday. :)

Dont count on it. With Wenger currently haggling over pennies, we wont see anything until 11.59pm on the 31st of August (and that's being optomistic).

Slacker
26-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Dont count on it. With Wenger currently haggling over pennies, we wont see anything until 11.59pm on the 31st of August (and that's being optomistic).

About right Ralphie. We would have played the Toon away, the Scousers at home and the Mancs away by then. If we have any more than 5 points by then I'll be impressed.

Maybe a young speedy winger from Molde or a 5 foot 4 striker from Hoffenheim might be in place by August 31st. Can't honestly expect anything else TBH. :(

Toronto Gooner
26-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Now it is Juan Mata being linked to Arsenal, with a record breaking bid.

EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal make club record £18m bid for Spain Under 21 star Juan Mata

Arsenal have launched a club record £18m bid for Valencia midfielder Juan Mata as Arsene Wenger finally prepared to open the chequebook.
With their Barclays Premier League title rivals having already strengthened since the transfer window re-opened, the Gunners are now planning their own summer spending spree - beginning with the capture of the Spanish Under 21 star.

Club officials spoke to the 23-year-old’s agent and father - also Juan - with Mata now happy to discuss his future with the European Under 21 Championships complete.

Skilful Mata can play in central midfield or on the left wing and was also part of Spain’s 2010 World Cup winning squad - making one 20-minute substitute

His eye for goal and assists are why Wenger is willing to smash the club’s current transfer record - £13m for Russian star Andrey Arshavin - to bring the Spaniard to the Emirates.

Former Real Madrid youth player Mata was one of the stars of Spain’s victorious Under 21 side in Denmark, scoring two goals in the tournament, and has been identified by Wenger as the man to help ease the blow of Cesc Fabregas’ increasingly inevitable departure to Barcelona.

Reports in Spain on Sunday evening suggested that Fabregas, currently on holiday in Ibiza with Barca's Carles Pulyol and Gerard Piquet, will refuse to return to Arsenal for pre-season training on July 5.

But Wenger may have to act fast to head off Barcelona and Manchester City — who are also vying with Chelsea to sign Udinese and Chile winger Alexis Sanchez — and Liverpool.

The Gunners boss must also be alarmed that Inter Milan have moved to hijack Arsenal’s move for Argentinian playmaker Ricky Alvarez.

Sportsmail can reveal Arsenal chief scout Steve Rowley was in Argentina earlier this month to tie up a deal for Alvarez, but found difficulty in striking an agreement with the 23-year-old’s advisers.

And new Inter Milan boss Gian Piero Gasperini has targeted Alvarez as his first signing after tabling an official bid for the £12million-rated man, who is also target for Palermo, Roma and Malaga.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008441/Arsenal-bid-18m-Juan-Mata-EXCLUSIVE.html#ixzz1QQNi1znx

Marc Overmars
26-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Mata looks like a great prospect.

Hopefully we are in the market for a striker as well, it seems to have gone quiet on that front.

Master Splinter
26-06-2011, 11:09 PM
The Alvarez and Gervinho interest is almost certainly true. If we were interested in Mata too, that would be strange. Maybe Wenger is looking to play Gervinho as more of a striker?

A clinical striker is the number one Must Get though.

I might have to call Wenger some nasty names over the internet if he doesn't buy one tbh.

If we are genuinely after this many attacking players, then one Nasri/Fabregas (or both) are fecking off.

At the very least it should mean Dennis Bendtner, Arshavin and Rosicky going.

Toronto Gooner
26-06-2011, 11:35 PM
The Alvarez and Gervinho interest is almost certainly true. If we were interested in Mata too, that would be strange. Maybe Wenger is looking to play Gervinho as more of a striker?

A clinical striker is the number one Must Get though.

I might have to call Wenger some nasty names over the internet if he doesn't buy one tbh.

If we are genuinely after this many attacking players, then one Nasri/Fabregas (or both) are fecking off.

At the very least it should mean Dennis Bendtner, Arshavin and Rosicky going.
I suspect that Mata is a combination replacement for Arshavin, Nasri and Fabreags. If one or two of those leave then Mata slots in to their spot.

Boss
27-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Mata would be a brilliant signing if the rumours are true but we need to keep the likes of Nasri / Fabregas.

I hope this is happening but as the only source is the Daily Mail, wouldn't be too sure.

Boss
27-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Lille president Michel Seydoux has confirmed Gervinho is eager to join Arsenal but says the Gunners have yet to make a formal bid.

Gervinho, 24, has long been linked with a move to Emirates Stadium, and there had been reports earlier this month that the deal was on the verge of completion.

However, while Ligue 1 champions Lille appear resigned to losing the Ivory Coast forward, Arsenal have yet to make an official offer.

Seydoux told RMC: "I have spoken with Gervinho and he wants to play for Arsenal next season. This is clear but now we must get an agreement between the two clubs.

"We have maintained contact but still the Londoners have not presented us with a formal offer. Negotiations are ongoing but Gervinho has demanded a solution to the situation soon."

The Sun claims Arsenal want to pay £10.5 million for Gervinho but Lille want £12 million.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930542/lille-star-gervinho-keen-on-move-but-arsenal-yet-to-bid?cc=4716

Fats
27-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Getting left behind in regards to transfers :banghead:

Nasri and Cesc not kean to stay :banghead:

Players turning us down and not kean to join :banghead:

Wenger doing absolutely feckall yet again :banghead:

Face it, yeah their is loads of time left for transfers but come on we have been here so many times before.

We need the transfers done and dusted before pre season, thats why all our competitors are getting deals done.

Are we being lied to for yet another season????????

selassie
27-06-2011, 08:28 AM
I suspect that Mata is a combination replacement for Arshavin, Nasri and Fabreags. If one or two of those leave then Mata slots in to their spot.

Yep, I agree with this. Mata would be a very good signing IMHO, he's a player with star quality/world class potential.

Coney
27-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Getting left behind in regards to transfers :banghead:

Nasri and Cesc not kean to stay :banghead:

Players turning us down and not kean to join :banghead:

Wenger doing absolutely feckall yet again :banghead:

Face it, yeah their is loads of time left for transfers but come on we have been here so many times before.

We need the transfers done and dusted before pre season, thats why all our competitors are getting deals done.

Are we being lied to for yet another season????????

Only rumours possibly spread by greedy agents for the Nasri/Cesc statement, plus press crap from Spanish newspapers which I wouldn't even wipe my arse on.

Why do you think Wenger is doing nothing? He is hardly going to negotiate in public. The window has been open for less than a month and negotiations often take a long time - agents will be playing a game and dragging things out in a lot of cases. Until the window has closed, I will keep my powder dry.

'All our competitors'? Not really. They are also still in negotiations and rumours abound for them too.

Marc Overmars
27-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Arsenal transfer windows. :yawn:

Coney
27-06-2011, 08:53 AM

:good: I'm thinking of not looking at the Arsenal threads on GW until August as the stuff being posted is either rumours of unknown or Spanish origin and based on vapour, or it is the usual ranting we have seen every year. From what Gazidis and Wenger said after the last match and at the AST meeting, I am pretty sure we are going to see significant transfers this time round but I'll wait until either it has all happened or the window has closed. I was not expecting everything to be done and dusted by the end of June (though it would have been a relief) but it will be nice if we have something definite before the first match of the season and preferably before that so the team has a chance to gel in training.

Özim
27-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Pretty much, I don't believe in this Wenger has seen the light business.....he will never see the light...it's just wishful thinking. Been through enough transfer windows to know this is unlikely to be different.

Just wish things could change and we could get a bit of excitement back instead of this dull experience we have every january/summer.

BOBN
27-06-2011, 09:07 AM
mata is a very good player but I wouldnt want mata and nasri, too similar. get rid of nasri. if matas not a better player (he is) then he'd definitely be a better player on the left.

mata + gervinho - yes please :cheer:

AKBapologist
27-06-2011, 09:10 AM
According to SSN our 18mill bid for Mata has been accepted. :unsure:

Coney
27-06-2011, 09:12 AM
According to SSN our 18mill bid for Mata has been accepted. 8)

Shhhhhhh. You'll upset the doom and gloom brigade.

selassie
27-06-2011, 09:13 AM
According to SSN our 18mill bid for Mata has been accepted. 8)

:faint: :faint: :faint:

Please be true, I would love him here.

Xhaka Can’t
27-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Shhhhhhh. You'll upset the doom and gloom brigade.

Give it a rest mate.

KSE Comedy Club
27-06-2011, 09:15 AM

Was that general news or was it on the transfer section?

Boss
27-06-2011, 09:16 AM

:pray:

Özim
27-06-2011, 09:17 AM
If he did sign he'd most likely be a replacement for Nasri or Cesc. I'd say Wenger must be thinking we're going to lose Cesc or Nasri or both.

Time will tell I guess.

Coney
27-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Give it a rest mate.

Give what a rest? I see people banging on day after day based on nothing but rumour and speculation and I should just accept it? Why don't you ask them to give it a rest?

Xhaka Can’t
27-06-2011, 09:36 AM
At least they are posting about something, even if it is a rumour. You just decided to have a dig while saying absolutely nothing of substance or conjecture.

Coney
27-06-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry if you feel that way.

Injury Time
27-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Be worth for the chant alone -direct to away
"What'sa Mata you, hey, he gotta no respect
You stinka like you do, he make u looka so sad
He scores from all over da place so shaddupa you face"

oh look I seem to have dropped something :getcoat:

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 10:01 AM
According to reports in Germany, we are after Arturo Vidal and he would cost around £15m. Anyone heard of him?

KSE Comedy Club
27-06-2011, 10:09 AM
There's nothing on SSN about us and Mata.

Coney
27-06-2011, 10:10 AM
There's nothing on SSN about us and Mata.

I can't find it either - nothing on the web site at all. More speculation and rumour, perhaps?

Flavs
27-06-2011, 10:13 AM
At least they are posting about something, even if it is a rumour. You just decided to have a dig while saying absolutely nothing of substance or conjecture.

Are you new here?

Letters
27-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Are you new here?

We all are :d

Flavs
27-06-2011, 10:14 AM
According to reports in Germany, we are after Arturo Vidal and he would cost around £15m. Anyone heard of him?

me me me

He is great, nice sense ogf humour and pretty eyes :good:

he is a Dm at Leverkusen yes? Always good on FM so sign him up

selassie
27-06-2011, 10:17 AM
I can't find it either - nothing on the web site at all. More speculation and rumour, perhaps?

It's in the tabloids, Sun, Daily Mail, Mirror I think?

The more credible ones like Guardian, Times don't seem to be covering the story.

Coney
27-06-2011, 10:20 AM

The more credible ones like Guardian, Times don't seem to be covering the story.

I'd highlight that but I might get a bollocking from the mods for being negative.

Özim
27-06-2011, 10:22 AM

In other words it's made up.

Coney
27-06-2011, 10:24 AM
In other words it's made up.

Well, the Mail quote is that we have made a bit. Nothing about it being accepted. Have SSN maybe announced it one time on a news item and then pulled it because they found it was untrue?

Flavs
27-06-2011, 10:24 AM
right so now we are signing, Samba, Cahill, Jaglieka, Izaguirre, Mata, Vidal, Gervinho and Alvarez?

Sheet Wenger really has changed his style

Joker
27-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Mata's stock will have risen appreciably after his performances in the U21 Championships. I think you'll get a lot of top European Clubs after him, and if they enter the competition, I doubt we'll get him tbh. Our lack of trophies in the last 6 years has counted against us, and we're not as desirable a destination as we once were.

Coney
27-06-2011, 10:27 AM
right so now we are signing, Samba, Cahill, Jaglieka, Izaguirre, Mata, Vidal, Gervinho and Alvarez?

Sheet Wenger really has changed his style

Rumour has it that we are buying them all with the 50p we are getting by selling Cesc to Barca.

AKBapologist
27-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Was on SSN tv, expected it to be on the site by now. Been all over the usual rags and shit - not twitter bollocks but that makes it no less legit tbh.

Coney
27-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Was on SNN tv, expected it to be on the site by now. Been all over the usual rags and shit - not twitter bollocks but that makes it no less legit tbh.

Nothing on SSN Website atm. :(

AKBapologist
27-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Link is all over news now btw, but for the lazy ones
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008441/Arsenal-bid-18m-Juan-Mata-EXCLUSIVE.html

Coney
27-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Link is all over news now btw, but for the lazy ones
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008441/Arsenal-bid-18m-Juan-Mata-EXCLUSIVE.html

Yes, but you had quoted...

According to SSN our 18mill bid for Mata has been accepted.

... and there is nothing about acceptance of a bid.

Still zip on SSN news report. Just ground through it and only mention in football is about Leyton Orient.

Xhaka Can’t
27-06-2011, 10:56 AM
I'd highlight that but I might get a bollocking from the mods for being negative.
It wasn't a moderating action - it was my own personal opinion.

And besides, I only read papers that descrbe themselves as 'compacts' and 'Berliners'.

KSE Comedy Club
27-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Yes, but you had quoted...

... and there is nothing about acceptance of a bid.

Still zip on SSN news report. Just ground through it and only mention in football is about Leyton Orient.

Yep.
Ive had SSN on the tv since I read that post and there's been nothing mentioned about it at all.

selassie
27-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Even if they have accepted our bid for Mata, I would imagine Citeh & Liverpool would probably match our bids, maybe even Barca if the deal for Sanchez falls through.

Mata's stock was high Pre-Euro U21 tournament, it's very very high now.

I'm not saying we won't get him...but it's quite unlikely IMHO.

Coney
27-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Even if they have accepted our bid for Mata, I would imagine Citeh & Liverpool would probably match our bids, maybe even Barca if the deal for Sanchez falls through.

Mata's stock was high Pre-Euro U21 tournament, it's very very high now.

I'm not saying we won't get him...but it's quite unlikely IMHO.

If they have accepted our bid, then as soon as signatures are on paper (which no doubt will be done VERY quickly, others can bid or say what they like.

selassie
27-06-2011, 11:31 AM
If they have accepted our bid, then as soon as signatures are on paper (which no doubt will be done VERY quickly, others can bid or say what they like.

Coney..it's not always as plain sailing as that and you know it. Take the Phil Jones transfer saga as an example.

I think he (Mata) would chose us over Liverpool due to the lure of PL, but I'm not so sure he'd chose us over Citeh.