PDA

View Full Version : Champions League Thread 2011/12

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Cripps_orig
07-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny on Twitter: "I don't agree with De Gea criticism. He's potentially one of the best GK in the world but needs time to get his confidence at Man Utd!."

Szczesny :bow:

Ollie :haha:

Cripps_orig
07-12-2011, 11:04 PM
On we go to the ITV highlights

McNamara That Ghost...
07-12-2011, 11:05 PM
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=283749.0;attach=22 0307;image

McNamara That Ghost...
07-12-2011, 11:17 PM
"And it IS on". :haha:

Drury you bloody idiot.

Cripps_orig
07-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Drury :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Is it too much to ask for highlights of the Napoli and Man City games simultaneously? i.e. show the major highlights of both games as it happened? With some close-up shots of any mancs crying?

Come on...lets have some imagination and creativity in the highlight packages.

ITV are doing that, kinda.

Syn
07-12-2011, 11:25 PM
ITV are doing that, kinda.

Yeah, I realised that after - fair play to them.

Master Splinter
07-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Poor Fulham and Stoke.

Who will show their games now?

Channel Five double-bills?

Neighbours and Home & Away :rose:.

Letters
08-12-2011, 09:42 AM
I only heard the results this morning as I was out and went straight to bed when I got in.

:pal: all round.

I’ve decided that what City have done is just plain cheating. Let’s call it what it is.

They might not have broken any FA, UEFA or FIFA rules but it is surely against the spirit of what sport should be about. OK, there have always been haves and have nots in football. There always will be. We have a bigger stadium than, say, Barnet. We have a bigger fanbase, we can charge more to sponsors, TV channels and fans. Nothing can change that. But the haves are generally where they are because of years of building and history and they’ve earned their place. City (and before them Chelsea) have no great pedigree in the history of English football. Yes both are, relatively speaking, big clubs but neither have the rich history that clubs like Arsenal, Utd and Liverpool do. Both have blundered their way to the top through sheer force of spending – and spending money they haven’t earned, it’s just been given to them by a sugar daddy who wants a very expensive penis extension. And it’s not just that they’ve bought good players, it’s more cynical than that. Both clubs have bought players they didn’t want or need and then either stuck them in the reserves or loaned them out to clubs who aren’t their direct rivals. I’m convinced we would have signed Shaun Wright-Phillips some time back but no, Chelsea doubled the price, bought him and stuck him on the bench. Because they could. It’s not just they have the ability to outbid anyone for any player they want to cherry pick, they have the ability to stop their rivals strengthening too.

So while I always enjoy Utd failing I take particular pleasure in seeing City fall on their stupid rich arses. The depressing reality is they’ll get there. It may take another few hundred million, but they will. It took Chelsea a few years but they got there, City probably will too. But, for now, I’m content to sit and laugh at their failure.

:pal:

Letters
08-12-2011, 09:51 AM
"We're not struggling"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15853955.stm

:haha:

LDG
08-12-2011, 10:07 AM
:lol:

However; I must say, that we really should be supporting English football here, and it's a bit sad that we don't have all four in the last 16 this year.

I always support the English side in European competition. I'm English, and therefore it is my duty to lend my support, Arsenal fan or not, to another english team in Europe.

In other words; Fuck you City, Fuck you Utd, Fuck you Spuds for not even being there in the first place, Fuck you all, you cheating scummy cunts. Wankers. Ha Ha HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! HA! Champions League?? You're having a fucking BUBBLE!!! HAAAA!!!

May the best team win and all that.

IBK
08-12-2011, 11:03 AM
The fact that Citeh will succeed in buying their way to the top should not prevent us from enjoying their hiccup on the way. I really do wish them all the very worst. As for United and their sycophants in the press. :pal:

Flavs
08-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Samir Nasri :pal:

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Apprently Manchester UTD and Manchester city are releasing a joint new aftershave, its called Channel no 5

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Been a good night in the CL, good to see English football falling away a bit, too many English sides going through to the semi's every year was a bore.

Yep watching mancs vs chavs or pool vs chavs was deffo a bore lol.

I still think its Barca's to loose, but real look dangerous, would not mind Callerjon at Arsenal either.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Something to keep you occupied.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/uefa-champions-league-group-stage-draw-338299/

Arsenal to get customary easy group and almost fuck it up, as per.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Looks like a little party of us are going to Bucharest

Jesus that looks piss-easy - its fucking brilliant. Up yours Citaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Basel or Bate would be great. :lol:

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Page 16 is pretty funny when they find out they got Basle

Marc Overmars
08-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Apparently Mancini said he needs to improve the strength of his squad.

Boo hoo.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Ffs wanted city in group h. Villareal and bayern are shit

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Apparently Mancini said he needs to improve the strength of his squad.

Boo hoo.

TBF Tevez is a massive loss for them

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Piss easy

Oh fuck off! http://images.redcafe.net/images/smilies/lol.gif

What a joke of a group we've managed!

Thats a fucking easy group. Thrilled!

haha...

nice.

We are so going to whip these teams.

Result! Great draw for United.

And many more from page 17 onwards

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 01:41 PM
nice...we're going to get someone shit.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Away to Basel and already qualified - perfect time for a Pogba debut!

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Group of Life.

Marc Overmars
08-12-2011, 01:45 PM
TBF Tevez is a massive loss for them

What?

They've scored about a billion goals without him and have 3 strikers in double figures.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 01:45 PM
That's the easiest group ever http://images.redcafe.net/images/smilies/lol.gif

Sure was, for Benfica and Basle

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 01:46 PM
I don't know about you lot, but I want Dortmund...It's not fun watching us whip some shite pony team no ones ever heard of. The European Cup is about playing the best teams in Europe.

Otelol. :bow: Causing havoc by letting everyone have six points off them.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Us and Porto have the easiest groups...

Neither went through :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Great draw for us. http://images.redcafe.net/images/smilies/lol.gif at Shitty and Arsenal.

Us. :pal:

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 01:52 PM
There'll be Europa League groups trickier than what we've got.

Great draw for us. at Shitty and Arsenal.

Jesus that looks piss-easy - its fucking brilliant. Up yours Citaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Marc Overmars
08-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Disgusting how schadenfreude is used on here.

LDG
08-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Which genius decided us and City not only play on the same night but also are away and at home on the same night then?

Think this guy was thinking too far ahead.

He was right though. Thursdays will be busy in pubs in Manchester, and the home counties. And Cornwall.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 02:00 PM
We need to go for that 6 out of 6 wins, 0 goals conceded record.

So close.

LDG
08-12-2011, 02:04 PM

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 02:30 PM
FORMER Arsenal keeper Jens Lehmann has stuck the boot into Manchester City following their Champions League exit.

City crashed out of European football's elite competition despite defeating Bayern Munich 2-0 last night.

And Lehmann, who was working on the game as a pundit for German TV, could not hide his delight as Roberto Mancini's men dropped into the Europa League.

Claiming the Champions League would be better off without City, he said: "They play very, very boring football.

"They just make their opponents fall asleep with lots of possession.

"But to be honest, that is not tactically very demanding. The way they play here is the way any amateur team plays, only not on such good grass.

"They just pack men behind the ball, have five against two and just move the ball around.

"The goal then just comes from a fortunate circumstance."

Lehmann, who was sent off in the Champions League final when Arsenal faced Barcelona in 2006, was also unimpressed by the atmosphere at the Etihad Stadium.

The 42-year-old added: "There was no life in the ground. The fans are so quiet.

"You have got to say, though, that they have not got anything really to get excited about here.

"They had possession all of the time, albeit in their own half where nothing was happening.

"It is a shame because it is not typical English football.

"We don't want to see Manchester City in the Champions League."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/

Jens :bow:

LDG
08-12-2011, 02:35 PM

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 03:52 PM
What?

They've scored about a billion goals without him and have 3 strikers in double figures.

Was joking, cause he's been fucking them around.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 03:59 PM
http://www.redcafe.net/f6/our-champions-league-draw-338372/

Boss
08-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Man U :haha: :haha:

Man Citeh :haha: :haha:

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnofficialDevil
Nice group, easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouroux
Easy group tbh.Very happy with the draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciek
The only interesting game should be in Lisbon.

This draw proved once again that proper Champions League starts in February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Blade
Looks easy enough on paper. As long as we turn up we should be topping this group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir
We apparently start at Benfica. Navigate through that and it'll be easy. Very comfortable group, to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLMU
Great draw .. I am just wary about this Romanian team. Never really heard of them. w

One of them did the work for us

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Adrian Durham

"The champions league is in crisis and is in a mess"

City should be through because they got 10 points More then some group winners :doh:

And we are loosers for laughing apprently.

Darren Gough "Why are people laughing both clubs gone out"

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Apprently the Europa league is now bigger then the champions league because man u are in it,

Durham is a twat of the highest order

Bitter city fan he is.

Syn
08-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Why do people listen to TalkSport?

Seriously - why?

You know their game - talk rubbish and say controversial stuff to create a fuss and attract attention. ffs the only other place you can see that garbage is here.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Apparently the people laughing are anti football :haha:

Dennis
08-12-2011, 04:16 PM
"Without trying to sound cocky - these group draws are 9 times out of 10 a walk in the park for a team like United. We have reached a level and experience that combined with a good seeding makes it near impossible to go out.

Yes I know it has happened - but that was a really poor United-side, and nowhere near where we are today.

There are maybe 15-16 teams that can be a threat to United in a groupstage like this - and unless we draw a team like Dortmund in seed 4 and Milan in seed 2 - there is no way we are not gonna quality"

and that is why i fuckin detest the cocky arrogant northern fuckin monkeys

PGFC
08-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Durham is just doing his job and doing it well, I love the way he, with no apparent effort, winds idiots up into a frenzy...

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Pretty much.

Im laughing my head off though

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 04:22 PM
"Without trying to sound cocky - these group draws are 9 times out of 10 a walk in the park for a team like United. We have reached a level and experience that combined with a good seeding makes it near impossible to go out.

Yes I know it has happened - but that was a really poor United-side, and nowhere near where we are today.

There are maybe 15-16 teams that can be a threat to United in a groupstage like this - and unless we draw a team like Dortmund in seed 4 and Milan in seed 2 - there is no way we are not gonna quality"

and that is why i fuckin detest the cocky arrogant northern fuckin monkeys

and thats why we do this

Mancs :pal:

Fergie :pal:

Marc Overmars
08-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Would we be given all this sympathy if we went out?

Not a fucking chance.

The footballing world would be howling with laughter.

Mancs. :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Durham is just doing his job and doing it well, I love the way he, with no apparent effort, winds idiots up into a frenzy...

He's not winding me up, quite the opposite, Its just funny listening to him sound like a bitter muppet. I mean he does have a point the CL does need a major revamp but Both mancs should be questioned why they failed.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Durham - Man City not going through has nothing to with Mancini or not being good enough but all to do with Tevez

Dennis
08-12-2011, 04:27 PM
and thats why we do this

Good idea!

My mrs :pal: (please dont be reading this :pray:)

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Durham - Man City not going through has nothing to with Mancini or not being good enough but all to do with Tevez

I know right so agureo and dzeko are shite are they lol

Olivier's xmas twist
Good idea!

My mrs :pal: (please dont be reading this :pray:)

Brilliant

McNamara That Ghost...
I'd phone up if it wasn't so expensive.

PGFC
He's not winding me up, quite the opposite, Its just funny listening to him sound like a bitter muppet. I mean he does have a point the CL does need a major revamp but Both mancs should be questioned why they failed.

Well, I wasn't singling you out...

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Well, I wasn't singling you out...

I know lol

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 04:34 PM
I'd phone up if it wasn't so expensive.

How much does it cost.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 04:37 PM
How much does it cost.

10p a minute but I suspect that would charge you from the moment it has dialled up, not once you've been connected.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 04:44 PM
"Due to The 2 Manchester clubs sad exit from the Champions league, there is going going to be 1 minuites Laughter from each Premier league ground"

Letters
08-12-2011, 04:52 PM
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1132137_city_fans_champions_league_tattoo__for_201 1

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2011, 05:38 PM

Seriously - why?

You know their game - talk rubbish and say controversial stuff to create a fuss and attract attention. ffs the only other place you can see that garbage is here.

I don't get it either. When it first came out I gave it a go. Briefly. The only time I ever heard tell of it since is here.

tigerthesmurf85
08-12-2011, 05:41 PM

Seriously - why?

Because it's the only channel with constant sport. 5 Live is a better alternative but doesn't have sport until 7 in the evening. TalkSPORT may have some idiots like Durham but there are good presenters like Mark Saggers, Danny Kelly and although I hate to say it Keys and Gray.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 05:43 PM
I listen to it from time to time but i dont take it seriously

Durham seems to be obsessed with Group G

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 06:01 PM
He obviously didn't watch Shakhtar Donetsk 2-2 Zenit tbf.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 06:21 PM
I listen to it from time to time but i dont take it seriously

Durham seems to be obsessed with Group G

Nah he is just saying 2 good teams have gone out while to shite teams have gone through, and its not fair to city and UTD

Master Splinter
08-12-2011, 09:21 PM
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/Dec/Europa-League-explained.aspx

IBK
08-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Quite seriously, it seems like the quality of teams in the cl has increased. Writing off minnows now seems a bit old fashioned.

GP
08-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Quite seriously, it seems like the quality of teams in the cl has increased. Writing off minnows now seems a bit old fashioned.

Apart from OteLOL.

Master Splinter
09-12-2011, 03:41 AM
Apart from OteLOL.

And Dinamo Zagreb.

IBK
09-12-2011, 09:58 AM
There will always be exceptions - but I think my point still stands. Ask Manure :pal:

Japan Shaking All Over
10-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Watched the Benfica game tonight and Witschel (spelling?) looked very decent. . . .remember newspapers linking us. . .commentator said he went for around 7 mil :doh: - strong CM who looks good in defensive and has a good goal/game ratio for club and country.

Germany and Belgium producing strong crops of players!

Cripps_orig
10-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Axel Witsel?

Proper GHEL

GP
10-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Watched the Benfica game tonight and Witschel (spelling?) looked very decent. . . .remember newspapers linking us. . .commentator said he went for around 7 mil :doh: - strong CM who looks good in defensive and has a good goal/game ratio for club and country.

Germany and Belgium producing strong crops of players!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NuERX-5kc0

This guy?

No thanks.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-12-2011, 12:52 PM
I've read that the Swiss FA (and its associated clubs) could be banned from European competition in January should the legal dispute between UEFA and FC Sion continue.
Worst comes to the worst, it'd mean Man Utd would let be back in to the competition. :doh:

Hopefully, it is a load of bollocks. I don't think it would happen based on the fact it would cause so many issues across both competitons but then, I didn't think UEFA would do a lot of things they have done.

Coney
17-12-2011, 02:30 PM

True. The thing is, teams getting past the group stage must have done something right. By the time you get to the last 16, most teams are in with a shout of winning their tie - certainly true after you hit the last 8.

Cripps_orig
13-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Tue 14 Feb

Bayer Leverkusen v Barcelona 19:45
Lyon v Apoel Nicosia 19:45

McNamara That Ghost...
13-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Come on Bender.

Coney
13-02-2012, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NuERX-5kc0

This guy?

No thanks.

I'm sure he's not that kind of player.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Sky's programme starts on SS2 now.

BBC's live text still needs manually refreshing. :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Jamie, Salgado and Ray Wilkins are in the studio.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Bayer Leverkusen: Leno, Corluka, Schwaab, Friedrich, Kadlec, Reinartz, Rolfes, Bender, Castro, Schurrle, Renato Augusto.
Subs: Yelldell, Oczipka, Kiessling, Ortega, Da Costa, Toprak, Bellarabi.

Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Mascherano, Puyol, Abidal, Fabregas, Busquets, Iniesta, Sanchez, Messi, Adriano.
Subs: Pinto, Thiago, Pedro, Jonathan, Roberto, Bartra, Cuenca.

Referee: Craig Thomson (Scotland)

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 07:30 PM
It's rumoured Pique was dropped because Shakira forced him to spend the day with her. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Lyon: Lloris, Reveillere, Cris, Bakary Kone, Cissokho, Kallstrom, Gonalons, Lacazette, Ederson, Michel Bastos, Lopez.
Subs: Vercoutre, Gourcuff, Dabo, Fofana, Gomis, Briand, Umtiti.

Apoel Nicosia: Chiotis, Poursaitides, Kaka, Paulo Jorge, Boaventura, Morais, Pinto, Charalambidis, Helder Sousa, Trickovski, Almeida.
Subs: Urko, Solari, Satsias, Manduca, Alexandrou, Solomou, Marcinho.

Referee: Paolo Tagliavento (Italy)

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Wilkins just compared Cesc to Lampard. :lol:

GW reader. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Champions League music.

:bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Dani Alves. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Schwaab booked, just took Abidal out. :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Dani Alves freekick, went over. :faint:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Brilliant defending by Schwaab to cut out the cross from Sanchez.

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 08:05 PM
What a terrible free-kick. :doh:

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Good dive :bow:.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Adriano. :haha:

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Iniesta :lol:.

Awful player.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Pub team passing from Busquets.

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 08:16 PM
The ball will have spent four minutes in the Barcelona half by the end of this match.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Bayer Leverkusen - 55 passes completed. :bow:

Rors
14-02-2012, 08:20 PM
'Watching' this via Soccer Special. Me :pal:

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Bayer Leverkusen - 55 passes completed. :bow:

I think that's more than Sunderland on Saturday though.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 08:24 PM
I think that's more than Sunderland on Saturday though.

This is true.

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Free-kick in a dangerous area for Barca.

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Terrible free-kick. :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Bayer Leverkusen 0-1 Barcelona, Sanchez! What a pass from Messi.

Master Splinter
0-1, Sanchez.

Master Splinter
Through the keeper's legs. :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Messi nearly killed them. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 08:31 PM
0-1 HT.

Rors
14-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Now that were a goal...

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Bayer Leverkusen 1-1 Barcelona, Kadlec!

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Kadlec!

Corluka :bow:.

Rors
Fine header. Nice skip Abidal :lol:

Cripps_orig
Whats the score in the other match?

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Corluka booked.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Dani Alves. :haha:

Why do they let him take freekicks?

Master Splinter
Dani Alves :lol:.

McNamara That Ghost...
Baywatch shot of Puyol there. :unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Bayer Leverkusen 1-2 Barcelona, Sanchez again! Great pass from Cesc.

Rors
14-02-2012, 08:56 PM
:rolleyes: :lol:

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Decent goal tbf.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Valdes saves one! Abidal, WTF? :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Lyon 1-0 APOEL, Lacazette.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Bender was free in space, none of his teammates saw him.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Iniesta was hauled off for Thiago.

Leverkusen hit the post!

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Cesc didn't fancy the counterattack then.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Adriano off, Pedro on. Pedro and Sanchez running at them isn't going to be too much for Bayer's defence.

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Good keeping.

McNamara That Ghost...
Messi hits the post! What a run. :wacko:

Master Splinter
Ridiculous from Messi.

He hits the post in the end.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Horrible first touch from Pedro.

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Dennis Bendtner touch from Pedro.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Rolfes off, Kiessling on.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:19 PM
What a chance for Kiessling, the header was made comfortable for Valdes though.

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Valdes saves from Kiessling!

Sloppy from Barca.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Busquets has gone down head first on to the track. :haha:

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Busquets :doh:.

What a twit.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Castro booked for it. Er, what?

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Messi shoots, saved from Leno.

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 09:24 PM
What shit refereeing. :doh:

Corruption :bow:.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Leno denies Sanchez's header!

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Sanchez off, Cuenca on.

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Sanchez hauled off.

Cuenca on.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Thiago booked.

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Barca player penalised.

:faint:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Bayer Leverkusen 1-3 Barcelona, Messi! Brilliant pass to Dani Alves, he crosses it back and he slides in on the volley to put it in.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Messi's 44th Champions League goal. :wacko:

GP
14-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Messi is not the best player in the world.

He's the best player ever.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Schurrie off, Bellarabi on.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Three added minutes.

Corluka hauled off, Da Costa on.

Rors
14-02-2012, 09:33 PM
It's just not right that anything positive done by Messi should be described by Alan 'Ug' McInally...

"You could make the Elgin Marbles sound like a second-hand Datsun, couldn't you Del?"

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Pedro fucking everything up :lol:.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Bayer Leverkusen 1-3 Barcelona, FT.

Messi. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Salgado says Messi is the best in the world, can't accuse him of bias there.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Messi is the top scorer in the Champions League knockout rounds. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Wednesday, 15 February 2012
Zenit St Petersburg v Benfica, 16, L1, 17:00
AC Milan v Arsenal, 16, L1, 19:45

First match should be a good one. :popcorn: Gaitan. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Zenit's pitch looks good. :lol:

Syn
15-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Will tune in for the Zenit game. Always nice to see their wonderful style of football.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Zenit St Petersburg: Zhevnov, Aniukov, Bruno Alves, Lombaerts, Hubocan, Denisov, Zyryanov, Shirokov, Kanunnikov, Kerzhakov, Faitzulin.
Subs: Borodin, Rosina, Huszti, Lukovic, Semak, Bystrov, Cheminava.

Benfica: Artur Moraes, Maxi Pereira, Luisao, Garay, Emerson, Matic, Witsel, Gaitan, Cardozo, Bruno Cesar, Rodrigo Moreno.
Subs: Eduardo, Nolito, Aimar, Nelson Oliveira, Miguel Vitor, Saviola, Jardel.

Referee: Jonas Eriksson (Sweden)

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Zenit 0-1 Benfica, Maxi Pereira! Poor keeping from Zhenov saving Carozo's freekick.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2012, 05:23 PM
It's -16 there. :haha:

LDG
15-02-2012, 05:25 PM
It's -16 there. :haha:

Ooofffft....just thinking about that makes my balls retract :(

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Zenit 1-1 Benfica, Shirokov! What a volley.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Zenit really should've taken the lead there.

Syn
15-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Technique. One for the footballing purists.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2012, 05:48 PM
1-1 HT. Good game, even on a bobbling mess of a pitch.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Zenit 2-1 Benfica, Semak! Amazing teamplay. :cloud9:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Pablo Aimar booked, he'll miss the second leg.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Zenit 2-2 Benfica, Cardozo! Terrible keeping. :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Zenit 3-2 Benfica, Shirokov with his second! Now horrendous defending from Benfica. :wacko:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2012, 06:56 PM
3-2 FT. Great match.

Cripps_orig
20-02-2012, 04:00 PM
CSKA Moscow v Real Madrid Tue 21 Feb 17:00
Napoli v Chelsea Tue 21 Feb 19:45

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Napoli will beat chavs, Moscow will lose to real.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Live text commentary is back. :faint:

Sky's programme on SS2 is on in five minutes.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 04:55 PM
CSKA Moscow: Chepchugov, Alexei Berezutsky, Ignashevich, Vasili Berezutsky, Shchennikov, Wernbloom, Aldonin, Musa, Tosic, Dzagoev, Doumbia.
Subs: Revyakin, Semberas, Honda, Rahimic, Oliseh, Kim, Necid.

Real Madrid: Casillas, Fabio Coentrao, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Arbeloa, Alonso, Khedira, Ronaldo, Ozil, Callejon, Benzema.
Subs: Adan, Carvalho, Kaka, Granero, Marcelo, Albiol, Higuain.

Referee: Bjorn Kuipers (Holland)

Higuain is more often than not finding himself on the bench now. Sign him up, (next manager).

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Champions League music. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Good chance for Dzagoev, volleys it way wide though.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Benzema's groin has gone, Higuain on for him.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 05:21 PM
CSKA Stoking it up :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Chepgucov has pulled off some brilliant saves.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 05:29 PM
CSKA Moscow 0-1 Real Madrid, Ronaldo. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Freekick to Real Madrid, dangerous area.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Nothing happens from it.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 05:48 PM
0-1 HT.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Musa should've squared it, a certain FIFA goal in the offing there.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Musa hauled off, Oliseh on.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Wernbloom booked, finally.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Aldonin off, Honda on.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Sergio Ramos booked. :faint:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Callejon off, Kaka on.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 06:37 PM
What a chance for Ronaldo, not taken. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Coentrao booked.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Tosic off, Necid on.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Ronaldo should've scored again, pulls it wide.

Oezil off, Albiol on. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 06:54 PM
CSKA Moscow 1-1 Real Madrid, Wernbloom!

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 06:55 PM
1-1 FT. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Napoli: De Sanctis, Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica, Maggio, Inler, Gargano, Zuniga, Hamsik, Lavezzi, Cavani.
Subs: Rosati, Grava, Dossena, Dzemaili, Fernandez, Pandev, Britos.

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Bosingwa, Meireles, Ramires, Malouda, Mata, Sturridge, Drogba.
Subs: Turnbull, Cole, Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Kalou, Torres.

Referee: Carlos Velasco Carballo (Spain)

Cahill. :lol:

Rors
21-02-2012, 07:04 PM
That's a very demob-happy selection from AVB there. Pack your bags.

Rors
21-02-2012, 07:06 PM
The SKY team sat on stools. By the corner flag. In the rain. :pal:

Jamie's stumped now, just given us the three Napoli players he knows...

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 07:08 PM
I kinda hope Chelsea win with all this bollocks on Sky's coverage about AVB leaving out the "experienced" players.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Jamie. :lol:

Basically saying AVB should kowtow to the likes of Big Man, Lampard etc.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I kinda hope Chelsea win with all this bollocks on Sky's coverage about AVB leaving out the "experienced" players.

:sick:

Nah feck him, he deserves all he gets.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 07:16 PM
:sick:

Nah feck him, he deserves all he gets.

Lampard and Cashley don't deserve unreserved praise though (and that's what Sky are giving them), they've been terrible this season.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Boswinga. :haha: Geoff Shreeves is at it now. How hard is it to say his name correctly?

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Lampard and Cashley don't deserve unreserved praise though (and that's what Sky are giving them), they've been terrible this season.

true as much as sky are baised knobs andif AVB was arry they'd be sucking his dick if he left them out, it still be funny to se chavs lose.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Champions League music.

:bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Lampard isn't happy at all apparently. :lol:

Good.

Dennis Bendtner
21-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Lampard isn't happy at all apparently. :lol:

Good.

Cousin Jamie called it 'managerial suicide'.

Lampard's media network. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Clash of heads between Drogba and Campagnaro, the latter has been bloodied up.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Campagnaro has a fishnet over his head now. :unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Great save from Cech to deny Cavani. Where was Chelsea's defence? :lol:

Cahill. :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Boswinga has pulled his hamstring, Cashley can come on to save the day now.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Cavani offside, Chelsea nearly caught out, poor from Ramires really.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:03 PM
De Sanctis. :doh: He is a bit of a liability.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Cech denies Maggio, Napoli completely destroyed Chelsea's left hand side. Cashley. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Napoli 0-1 Chelsea, Mata! Horrendous defending.

Shaqiri Is Boss
:rolleyes:

AVB has all the luck.

Rors
Redders :pal:

Marc Overmars
21-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Come on Napoli. :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Napoli 1-1 Chelsea, Lavezzi! He is awesome.

Marc Overmars
21-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Napoli forwards. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Cavani booked.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Ramires. :haha:

What a chance.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Meireles booked, he'll be suspended for the next match. Lampard will get his big chance probably.

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Cavani 2-1.

Do your stuff, Luis.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Napoli 2-1 Chelsea, Cavani!! He is awesome too. :cloud9:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:34 PM
2-1 HT. Napoli. :bow:

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Graham Taylor: "When you take your eyes off the pitch, something happens."

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:39 PM
He's right, it's obvious but he's right.

Thierrymon
21-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Looked like cavani punched the ball in.Good run though.

Marc Overmars
21-02-2012, 08:44 PM
I repeat,

Napoli forwards. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:48 PM

It was off his shoulder. What a man. :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 08:49 PM

Maradonna would be so proud tbh

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Cleared off the line from Napoli, Luiz's fluke of an effort wasn't ever troubling though.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Napoli's counter-attacking. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Malouda shot, easy enough for De Sanctis.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 08:59 PM
What a chance for Lavezzi. Horrendous from Ivanovic.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Cahill booked. What a game he has had.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Chelsea are pressurising quite a bit here.

Shaqiri Is Boss
21-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Luiz :bow:

What a defender he is.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Napoli 3-1 Chelsea, Lavezzi!!! Horrendous defending. :haha:

Rors
21-02-2012, 09:10 PM
WTF :haha:

Marc Overmars
21-02-2012, 09:11 PM
AVB. :rose:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 09:12 PM
AVB. :rose:

Arsenal's new manger tbh

Cripps_orig
21-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Serie A is back :bow:

GP
21-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Dear lord....

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Lampard and Essien on, Meireles and Malouda off.

Torres. :haha:

Marc Overmars
21-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Serie A is back :bow:

Premier League. :haha:

Dennis Bendtner
21-02-2012, 09:16 PM
AVB is dead.

Sacked in the morning tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Big Man. :lol: Sat between two black guys. PR you say?

Lavezzi off, Dzemaili on.