PDA

View Full Version : Hector bellerin

Dicks and chicks
20-10-2015, 08:41 PM
What a fucking player. The complete right back, finally project youth finally gives us a defender.

Niall_Quinn
20-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Fuck off Barca

Maestro
20-10-2015, 08:45 PM
does the kid not have his own official thread?

the best right back in the world right now for me, end of

Kano
20-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Roasted to death in the first half by Costa. Improved in the second half and deserves all the praise for that second assist.

Still a lot to learn though.

Maestro
20-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Roasted to death in the first half by Costa. Improved in the second half and deserves all the praise for that second assist.

Still a lot to learn though.

so much room for improvement, but I personally cannot think of a better right back in the world right now

adzzzbatch
20-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Brilliant tonight and so was Monreal who was equally solid.

Kano
20-10-2015, 08:56 PM
so much room for improvement, but I personally cannot think of a better right back in the world right now

From the PL I'd put Zabaleta ahead of him. But he's well on the way to being an excellent offensive and defensive player.

Kano
20-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Brilliant tonight and so was Monreal who was equally solid.

Good point and I think a wider one is that Monreal's consistency over the last season and more has been overlooked. Because he is far more solid as a defender and doesn't get as much glory and praise because he's not in the business end of the pitch as much.

selassie
20-10-2015, 09:02 PM
What a beast! That run at the end for Ozil's goal was ridiculous!

selassie
20-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Good point and I think a wider one is that Monreal's consistency over the last season and more has been overlooked. Because he is far more solid as a defender and doesn't get as much glory and praise because he's not in the business end of the pitch as much.

Monreal was brilliant tonight, arguably our best performer along with Cech.

Marc Overmars
20-10-2015, 09:07 PM
He is pure quality.

Best part is he's not even anywhere near his full potential.

adzzzbatch
20-10-2015, 09:22 PM
He is pure quality.

Best part is he's not even anywhere near his full potential.

We must keep hold of him.

AFC Leveller
20-10-2015, 09:30 PM
not many would have handlded Costa tonight, he was a beast.

Bellerin is such a good RB, full of energy and drive, really think he could be one of the best in the next few years, top player.

Marc Overmars
20-10-2015, 09:43 PM
We must keep hold of him.

I think we all agree on one thing..

Fuck off Barca.

Master Splinter
20-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Costa has been one of the best players in the world for the past few months. No shame in being beaten by him, especially with no protection. The thing about Bellerin is that he's mentally strong and usually overcomes any problems himself and thrives, like he did tonight. And Bellerin won in the end.

Fuck.

Off.

Barca.

Master Splinter
20-10-2015, 09:50 PM

Monreal is really clever about the runs he picks. He's such an intelligent player. He's had quite a few assists and pre-assists in recent times too and put that great ball in for Theo today.

Regarding Zabaleta, he regressed last season and has started picking up some injuries. Go back 18 months and Zabaleta was Citeh's most consistent player, but now not so much.

Penguin
20-10-2015, 10:47 PM
Bellerin is class. Defensively he's usually pretty good but he does seem to struggle against a certain type of winger. He struggled against Costa today and I remember Young having a similar game against him last season. I'd like him to be a bit more positive when he's attacking too. It's obviously better to play more on the safe side but I think he could learn a lot from watching Alves and how well he uses the ball. Bellerin is still a long way away from him as an attacking full back, but I think he has the ability to be aiming for that kind of level.

As for Monreal, I was one of the ones who has been over critical of him in the past, but in all honesty he didn't do himself any favours with some of his performances. There was one game against Man City which was one of the worst performance I've ever seen from a full back. But he's come a long way from that and become our Mr Reliable. I've said before that he's a consistent 7 out of 10 every match but that's wrong. He's an 8 every time. I actually think that Wenger's experiment of playing him at CB has made him into a better player. Now he understands what a CB wants the LB to do, and when the CB needs cover.

It a bit unlucky for Gibbs who isn't playing too badly himself when he comes into the team. But Nacho just doesn't seem to have a bad game these days.

adzzzbatch
09-11-2016, 09:33 AM
Reading that Hector has signed a 6 year deal worth £60,000,000. Great stuff that we've managed to keep him here.

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Reading that Hector has signed a 6 year deal worth £60,000,000. Great stuff that we've managed to keep him here.

Can mean many things these days, ranging from him staying to us setting up a more expensive transfer fee. It sounds like he doesn't want to leave though.

Letters
09-11-2016, 10:55 AM
:wacko:

GP
09-11-2016, 11:00 AM
:wacko:

That's over 190k a week. Christ.

adzzzbatch
09-11-2016, 11:03 AM
Sadly that's the going rate these days! I'd rather look at it as a positive move for the club with them sorting out a key players contract quickly, it was running out next year wasn't it?

Letters
09-11-2016, 11:03 AM
On one of the legs on my world tour I was flying Emirates and so they have some "Arsenal World" programme. Watched a bit but it was awful. It was about the US tour and one of the players said something like how players like to go to America to boost their "brand". Brand! :doh: Modern football :rose:

Kano
09-11-2016, 11:05 AM
That is probably before tax I reckon. Well, whatever small amount he will pay after his accountants have pushed through every feasible loophole.

Marc Overmars
09-11-2016, 11:06 AM
Excellent news if true.

Obscene wages but with the money coming into the game constantly on the rise, wages are bound to follow. It won't be long before any club in the PL can chuck 100k+ at a player.

Letters
09-11-2016, 11:08 AM
It is the going rate but would it kill them to use some of that money to, you know, give the fans a break and reduce prices a bit?

LDG
09-11-2016, 11:44 AM
It is the going rate but would it kill them to use some of that money to, you know, give the fans a break and reduce prices a bit?

Fuck off.

Thank you for your interest in our affairs.

LDG
09-11-2016, 11:47 AM
The bubble will pop at some point, and TV revenue will dry up.

People are already cancelling subscriptions. I hope these media giants get absolutely buttfucked.

One saving grace for Arsenal (I hope), is with all that money we don't spend, we won't suddenly go down the shitter. If you're not oil funded, you're fucked otherwise.....if it all goes pop, it'll be every club bar the top few that die miserably.

Hopefully Stoke first.

Goonermerree
09-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Bale just signed a deal worth £600,000 per week before tax.

GP
09-11-2016, 02:47 PM
Bale just signed a deal worth £600,000 per week before tax.

That's the 2nd most ridiculous thing I've read today.

Goonermerree
09-11-2016, 02:51 PM
That's the 2nd most ridiculous thing I've read today.

It's true, I read it on the beeb the other day. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37815951

GP
09-11-2016, 02:53 PM
World;s gone mad.

Power n Glory
09-11-2016, 03:06 PM

People are already cancelling subscriptions. I hope these media giants get absolutely buttfucked.

One saving grace for Arsenal (I hope), is with all that money we don't spend, we won't suddenly go down the shitter. If you're not oil funded, you're fucked otherwise.....if it all goes pop, it'll be every club bar the top few that die miserably.

Hopefully Stoke first.

I hope so. This isn't sustainable. We need to make sure we don't get too carried away with these crazy contracts.

Kano
09-11-2016, 03:13 PM

Hopefully Stoke first.

You'd think so but how far off that is, is anyone's guess.

As long as people have Sky/BT in their houses, with or without the premium shit on top, they can still throw money at the game. There are always new ways to revitalise revenue streams, which is where the ops, marketing and strategy teams come to the fore. Now TV is growing and Sky still get revenue there. I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon or Netflix tried to muscle in directly or through partnerships with Sky, at a more premium rate. PAYG will increase at a more expensive rate to make up for any shortfall. There's so much money coming in from outside sponsors that laws will probably become even more favourable for them to get ISP's to dig deeper and fuck with the streams. There are ways and means. I don't think the bubble is going to pop anytime soon.

Marc Overmars
21-11-2016, 03:52 PM
New deal signed.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38054145

:bow:

Kano
21-11-2016, 04:04 PM
New deal signed.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38054145

:bow:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Arsenal/status/800710503395753985

That smile at the end :bow:

Goonermerree
21-11-2016, 04:49 PM
Yay! Now let's get him fit, we need him.