PDA

View Full Version : Vs Blue Scouse

LDG
24-10-2015, 06:30 PM
So we are toppalaleague, said we are toppavaleague!

McNamara That Ghost...
24-10-2015, 06:31 PM
A little too open late on but after Bayern Munich and WUMger with his very late subs, perhaps to be expected.

Another win. :scarf:

Kano
24-10-2015, 06:32 PM
Should've been more comfortable than that but saw it out, defended well enough and an important win.

Master Splinter
24-10-2015, 06:34 PM
We became a bit nervous at times, but the only reason they were still in the game was because Mason is the biggest cheat in refereedom. The guy is a complete cretin. And a fat, fat cunt. It may not be as obvious as a Dean v Chelsea or Taylor v Villa, but he gave every foul, 50-50, dive in their favour and even chalked off clear corners. It would have been nice for a couple of those that hit the woodwork to go in, but we overcame a mega cheat today and in this league, it's a huge achievement.

Ozil probably had his best game for Arsenal today and that was with Giroud rather than Theo up front. He's now alternating good games with poor games in which he still has an end product, which is exciting going forward.

Giroud played really well and won nearly everything. I say nearly, because Lee Mason was their third centre-back.

Coquelin brilliant again.

Koscielny and Gabriel superb. Lukaku did one decent thing all game.

Well done Cech as well.

Flamini looks like a decent option up front these days now too. Internal solutions :bow:.

fakeyank
24-10-2015, 06:37 PM
Flamini is our striker solution

Globalgunner
24-10-2015, 06:38 PM
We huffed and we puffed and we almost blew it.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-10-2015, 06:43 PM
More difficult than it needed to be but churned it out in the end. Up the Arse!

mastermind84
24-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Özil, Cech, Giroud, and Gabriel were outstanding

Munchies
24-10-2015, 06:47 PM
The end was definitely crazy and needs to be ironed out but yeah, TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

http://i.imgur.com/dxQwlhM.gif

Ozil :bow:

Nicking a living :bow:

Credit to Giroud too, he was great. Giroud :bow:

GP
24-10-2015, 06:48 PM
The end was definitely crazy and needs to be ironed out but yeah, TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

https://31.media.tumblr.com/1dca058e5011b47d002dda514c9e04db/tumblr_nfzmpqOYFi1rmwbz3o1_500.gif

Power n Glory
24-10-2015, 06:52 PM
Kos was on his game. Ozil was on form too. Good to see Giroud score, could have scored more. Cazorla was good too. Really had nothing from Sanchez and Ox. Poor games. Some really good saves from Cech. Flamini with a great little cameo.

Yes and Lee Mason is a dirty cheat.

Master Splinter
24-10-2015, 06:52 PM
BBC:

The two stand-out players in this one were probably Ross Barkley and Mesut Ozil.

:haha:

Barkley is the new Rooney beyond doubt.

But at least Rooney was actually good for a while.

GP
24-10-2015, 06:56 PM
The Barkley love-in is just bizarre.

I remember when that sort of praise was reserved for genuine quality like Cleverley.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-10-2015, 07:02 PM
http://arsenalist.com/f/2015-16/arsenal-vs-everton/gabriel-tackle-on-lukaku-and-reaction.html

Duane Dibley. :cloud9:

GP
24-10-2015, 07:08 PM
He's great.

Master Splinter
24-10-2015, 07:14 PM
http://www.qpr.co.uk/cms_images/referee-lee-mason-64064-1565508_613x460.jpg

This fat prick is almost a big a cunt as Mourinho.

Plus he's fat.

GP
24-10-2015, 07:15 PM
https://streamable.com/71z0

:doh:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-10-2015, 07:19 PM
http://www.qpr.co.uk/cms_images/referee-lee-mason-64064-1565508_613x460.jpg

This fat prick is almost a big a cunt as Mourinho.

Plus he's fat.

Let's not get carried away now....

The Emirates Gallactico
24-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Barkley pubs in a flukey deflected goal and suddenly he's a contender for MOTM despite not doing much else all game. British media. :doh:

Hard game but did the business in the end. Should have scored a third and made it easier but that's the way she goes.

Ox was poor, especially in the first half. It seems like he tries to do too much and it often results in him losing the ball or going down a blind alleyway which kills the move. Needs to relax and simplify his game and it's no surprise why Wenger opts for Ramsey at the moment when both are fit. I'm not too worried though, it's all part of his development ....... Ramsey was the same a few years ago.

Alexis quiet by his own high standards but like always he ran his legs off.

Gabriel and Kos :bow:

Cech :bow: The save at the end was pretty standard but it's so reassuring to know that we have a competent keeper back there who'll only be beaten by something exceptional.

The Emirates Gallactico
24-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Oh yeah, Lee Mason was appalling as usual.

Him, Anthony Taylor and Mike Dean are the worst refs in the league.

And they're all bald.

LDG
24-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Oh yeah, Lee Mason was appalling as usual.

Him, Anthony Taylor and Mike Dean are the worst refs in the league.

And they're all bald.

Spot on. They really are awful.

Michael Oliver seems to be the only decent one out there.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Should have smashed them out of sight, could have easily upped the pace if needed but a bit of a dreary performance broken up by a few great moments from Ozil and Santi. Rest of the team worked hard. Cech kept the 3 points secure.

Deuolefuck is such a diving scumbag, definitely should have seen red for his 5 or 6 slimy efforts. Even Mason, possibly the most clueless ref in the world, had to send Barry off in the end for fouling non-stop. Barkley continues to be a nothing player and apart from his fluke and one rare moment where Lukaku escaped from the box Kos was carrying him around in, Everton had nothing much. They won't be top 6.

Another good performance from Coquelin who was booked early for not fouling. He pushed Rooney close for MOTM.

Not so great from Ox. Careless display again.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2015, 08:37 PM
DMs headline: "Arsene Wenger's side top of the table in win over 10-man Toffees"

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-10-2015, 08:55 PM
Not so great from Ox. Careless display again.

Not getting enough games, should start mid week

alexander
24-10-2015, 09:18 PM

Credit to Giroud too, he was great. Giroud :bow:

Is Ozil anywhere near Hazzzzard yet?

GP
24-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Ozil is much better than hazard

alexander
24-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Ozil is much better than hazard

We know that...do the media?!

Marc Overmars
24-10-2015, 10:09 PM
I don't think we played particularly well, didn't really create much in terms of clear cut chances. 2 excellent deliveries though from Ozil and Cazorla were enough.

We defended well but I thought we lost a bit of control towards the end, but I suppose when there's only 1 goal in it that's to be expected when the other team go for it.

A solid 3 points. You can't blitz everyone.

On we go. :scarf:

Munchies
24-10-2015, 10:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSHT9fBW0AE2L5n.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSGddFtWEAAjR8y.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSGUdxEWwAAooTb.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSGUXL8WEAIdFCp.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSHVEV5XIAAI9P3.png

Marc Overmars
24-10-2015, 10:17 PM
I think I also appreciated for the first time what Ramsey brings to the team, when he's not shanking shots that is. Oxlade is all bluster, nothing composed about what he does at all. Frustrating player, hope he matures fast.

Munchies
24-10-2015, 10:35 PM
I think I also appreciated for the first time what Ramsey brings to the team, when he's not shanking shots that is. Oxlade is all bluster, nothing composed about what he does at all. Frustrating player, hope he matures fast.

Agreed

He also has the bad knack of giving the ball away which then ALWAYS leads to a goal :lol:

Other players do lose the ball, but whenever he does, it has always led to a goal

Power n Glory
24-10-2015, 10:51 PM
I don't think we played particularly well, didn't really create much in terms of clear cut chances. 2 excellent deliveries though from Ozil and Cazorla were enough.

We defended well but I thought we lost a bit of control towards the end, but I suppose when there's only 1 goal in it that's to be expected when the other team go for it.

A solid 3 points. You can't blitz everyone.

On we go. :scarf:

I think if we'd have drawn that game people would reflect differently on that performance. We have had some luck on our side this season.

Marc Overmars
24-10-2015, 11:29 PM
I think if we'd have drawn that game people would reflect differently on that performance. We have had some luck on our side this season.

Sure but you need a bit of luck as well if you're going to be successful. Just enjoy it while it's here, it won't be long before things begin to transpire against us and questions are asked again.

Can't be arsed dwelling on what could have gone wrong when we're top of the league and on a hot streak.

Munchies
24-10-2015, 11:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSHJw70WcAAiX1Y.jpg

Munchies
24-10-2015, 11:34 PM
^^ When Lukaku hit the bar :faint:

The Emirates Gallactico
25-10-2015, 02:22 AM
Considering we also hit the woodwork twice ourselves and had a host of other closes attempts I think Everton would have been much more lucky to come away with something than us getting the three points. That Lukaku crossbar header and the Cech save at the end were the only clear cut chances they created all match.

It was a fully deserved win on balance, just not a comfortable one.

By the way, did anyone catch Gabriel's fantastic tackle near the end and his reaction to it? Celebrated like he'd scored a goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Wd8knQEQU

I fucking love Gabriel's passion and attitude. Quickly becoming one of my favourite players in the squad.

LDG
25-10-2015, 06:35 AM

The problem with Ox is the same problem Ramsey had four years ago.

It's about decision making. He just needs experience, and to curb the urge to do everything pounding forward directly towards goal (though it's nice to have someone who, at last, wants to be direct).

He needs to learn that sometimes, ball retention is the best option.

Newguy
25-10-2015, 07:51 AM
Considering we also hit the woodwork twice ourselves and had a host of other closes attempts I think Everton would have been much more lucky to come away with something than us getting the three points. That Lukaku crossbar header and the Cech save at the end were the only clear cut chances they created all match.

By the way, did anyone catch Gabriel's fantastic tackle near the end and his reaction to it? Celebrated like he'd scored a goal.

I fucking love Gabriel's passion and attitude. Quickly becoming one of my favourite players in the squad.
Great moment and shows why I think he'll be a really solid cb for us. Seems to love defending and has a fiery side.

Power n Glory
25-10-2015, 07:51 AM
Ox just needs to relax like Wenger says. With out injured he should get to start a couple more games at least. He had a rubbish game but he's still very young. Has a lot to learn and that was his first start in ages so won't be so hard on him. This always happens. It's funny because a lot of folks that would hammer away at Theo would say Ox was way ahead of him in terms of development and now it's Ox getting hammered. We just need to relax a little. He'll learn from his mistakes.

Letters
25-10-2015, 08:12 AM
Arsenal :bow:

Only saw the highlights but it looked like a more comfortable win than the scoreline suggests, Everton's goal was a lucky deflection, we hit the bar at least twice and had other chances. Everton scraped the bar once too and they had a late chance but Cech did his job - he's increasingly looking like a very important signing, one could argue he got us another 2 points yesterday and things like that add up over a season.

Looking like genuine challengers right now, long may it continue.
:patrice:

Letters
25-10-2015, 08:18 AM
DMs headline: "Arsene Wenger's side top of the table in win over 10-man Toffees"

I actually thought you were joking so I looked it up and sure enough...

:doh:

The Emirates Gallactico
25-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Great moment and shows why I think he'll be a really solid cb for us. Seems to love defending and has a fiery side.

The only minor concern I have is that he may have a tendency to be too over aggressive with tackling at times which could cost us some penalties later on. That and his lack of English, but apart from that he's looks like a fantastic acquisition and a real coup, considering some of the struggles some of our rivals are having bringing in a top CB.

I fucking love him. Like Alexis he came from humble origins (check out that Arsenal player video of his childhood in the favelas) and he seems eternally grateful for his chance here and determined to seize it.

The really great thing about our current set of players is that it's or so easy to get behind them and support them. Not because they're better, but because of their attitude and performances.

Contrast this to the days of Denilson, Song, Gervinho, Chamkah, Bendtner, Adebayor etc etc .... it's night and day. Clown characters compared to hard working professional adults.

Munchies
25-10-2015, 12:24 PM
Apparently we signed Gabriel due to some stat checker which we ran and he came out top in it

Arsene Wenger admits that statistics played a large part in his January acquisition of Gabriel Paulista from Villarreal.

“I cannot tell you all but he has good stats,” Wenger said on Friday before cryptically shrugging off further questions. Said stats are provided by US company StatDNA, which reportedly cost the club over £2m and whose analysis of each match takes between 10 and 20 hours.

Stats :bow:

Munchies
25-10-2015, 09:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPM-SPKDirM&feature=youtu.be

Lmfao

Chelsea fan on Radio 5 live phone-in this time last year

:haha: :haha: :haha:

fakeyank
25-10-2015, 09:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ18TEE-sD0

World Class yea...

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2015, 10:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ18TEE-sD0

World Class yea...

Yeah...

right.

mastermind84
26-10-2015, 03:54 AM

It's about decision making. He just needs experience, and to curb the urge to do everything pounding forward directly towards goal (though it's nice to have someone who, at last, wants to be direct).

Oxlade-Chamberlain problem is that he is not a smart player.

Ramsey, for his flaws a few years ago, ended up in goal scoring situations where his finishing let him down. He also was sound tactically. He had his stupid back heels but he would press to win the ball back.

We all watch Oxlade-Chamberlain and we don't see any of that. He dribbles with his head down as well and runs into blind alleys. He also restricts the space Bellerin can run into.

Hope he turns it around but I don't believe in his talent.

AFC Leveller
26-10-2015, 07:45 AM
Ramsey is a very solid player, he doesn't stand out every game but he gives us 7/10 every game and covers so much ground. He helps us retain possession, he tracks back and makes very good runs into the box (though his finishing is terrible these days).

A couple of months ago i was one of the people on here to question his inclusion in place of the OX but its clear why wenger doesn't trust the OX, he still looks raw and you never know what he will do with the ball at his feet. he needs to simply his game, he needs to mature and believe in his ability.

Bumble
26-10-2015, 08:16 AM
I like Ox and I think this run of games will improve him.

What is depressing though is that I am starting to believe. I know its early days, but with the Chavs floundering. United still not quite there and being spanked by us. City are the only team to beat, I know people go on about there bench having £140k a week players on it as if our bench is full of YTS trainees and that we pay our players in peanuts. We have a big highly paid squad, we have cover in all positions. You only can only play 11 at a time. There is no excuse now that we cant compete and put a proper title challenge in this year.

And I believe we can and certainly be disappointed if we finish below 2nd. We will also qualify from our group, when the absolute minimum is required Wenger manages to pull it out of the bag.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2015, 09:23 AM
WUMger will have all of us in his snare by Christmas, as his main present from Santa.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Arsene Wenger is set to be given an early reward for leading Arsenal to the top of the Premier League after it emerged that he will be handed another contract extension to keep him at the club until 2019.

Premature and unnecessary if true. He's here until 2017 anyway so why not wait until the end of the season to talk about contract extensions, based on where we finish? Seems to me the board is striking while the iron is hot, getting their guy secured for all the wrong reasons - money, money and money. They want him to stay forever because he makes them money. I doubt they give a shit about the football, beyond the necessity of at least the minimum level of performance to keep the cash flowing. Premature. Unnecessary. Could have waited to see how we do this season, there was no rush.

Power n Glory
26-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Oxlade-Chamberlain problem is that he is not a smart player.

Ramsey, for his flaws a few years ago, ended up in goal scoring situations where his finishing let him down. He also was sound tactically. He had his stupid back heels but he would press to win the ball back.

We all watch Oxlade-Chamberlain and we don't see any of that. He dribbles with his head down as well and runs into blind alleys. He also restricts the space Bellerin can run into.

Hope he turns it around but I don't believe in his talent.

What’s your example of a smart winger? How are you able to recognise their level of intelligence? I think you’re reaching. The same was being said about Theo by fans regurgitating that rubbish from Chris Waddle and now you’ll hear pundits praise Theo’s intelligent off the ball movement.

I think Ox just needs a run of games. To say Ramsey is the smarter player is a far stretch. You mention the silly backheels but do you remember when Ramsey was really having a bad run of form and his silly back heels and blind passes almost lead to goals? I can’t say one player is smarter than the other from what I see of them but I know they both make bad decisions when low on confidence.

GP
26-10-2015, 11:01 AM
You know who'd be good for us?

Griezmann.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Ox needs to stop trying to do it all himself and integrate himself better with the team. Find the understanding with Santi and Ozil, learn how to exploit space as well as take men on directly. It's fabulous to have a player who isn't scared to run at defenders and even better as he has the talent to beat them - it's getting rarer in the game. He's not afraid to shoot, but again overdoes it. He needs to find a bit of balance. Liverpool were devastating when they had Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling firing at the spearhead of their counter game. We can end up with Alexis, Walcott and Ox who would be every bit as lethal. Would be great to see that in full flow but for now Theo and Ox have issues in their games that need to be fixed. Theo is ahead of Ox right now in terms of development, as expected. But I'm confident Ox will progress and start translating that talent to performances on the pitch. For us hopefully. It was interesting his name cropped up when Maureen was trying to insert himself into the Cech deal. The talent is there, the experience will come with game time but he has to put a lid on the mistakes that are costing us.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2015, 11:06 AM
You know who'd be good for us?

Griezmann.

Apparently van Genius is going to apply more of his endless genius by getting his chequebook out for Griezmann in the summer.

selassie
26-10-2015, 01:12 PM

Me too, he's a warrior, a fighter, he absolutely loves to win!

He really does remind me of a young Keown in that he's a bit of a hot head but still a very good player. We geniunely have a really good CB in Gabriel and I applaud Wenger and the scouts for making this signing because at 11million this boy was a steal!

selassie
26-10-2015, 01:14 PM

This

selassie
26-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Arsenal :bow:

Only saw the highlights but it looked like a more comfortable win than the scoreline suggests, Everton's goal was a lucky deflection, we hit the bar at least twice and had other chances. Everton scraped the bar once too and they had a late chance but Cech did his job - he's increasingly looking like a very important signing, one could argue he got us another 2 points yesterday and things like that add up over a season.

Looking like genuine challengers right now, long may it continue.
:patrice:

Aye, I saw the first half and was impressed with us, we looked solid all over the pitch and we were unlucky with the Barkley goal. I didn't see the 2nd half so can't comment on the performance but what impressed me about the first half were the concentration levels and desire. I am getting the feeling this team is now starting to believe they can geniunely challenge for the title and so they should.

It's still early days but things are starting to take shape and we are in a good position at the moment.

mastermind84
26-10-2015, 01:23 PM
What’s your example of a smart winger? How are you able to recognise their level of intelligence? I think you’re reaching. The same was being said about Theo by fans regurgitating that rubbish from Chris Waddle and now you’ll hear pundits praise Theo’s intelligent off the ball movement.
Oxlade's makes the wrong runs a lot. Its why he and Ozil/Santi have never connected.

Chris Waddle was full of it because we saw Theo make brilliant runs to free space for himself and teammates. We saw this when he was a teenager. Oxlade doesnt show that.

I think Ox just needs a run of games. To say Ramsey is the smarter player is a far stretch. You mention the silly backheels but do you remember when Ramsey was really having a bad run of form and his silly back heels and blind passes almost lead to goals? I can’t say one player is smarter than the other from what I see of them but I know they both make bad decisions when low on confidence.
Im taking all of that into account with Ramsey so long as you take into account that even in that bad run he found himself in goal scoring positions and stayed true to the tactical shape of the team. THats intelligence. These are things Ox doesnt do.

Ox has a lot of individual talent but he doesnt seem to fit into the team.

Özim
26-10-2015, 01:27 PM
Been away for a few weeks, but we've had some cracking results in that time, Man U and Bayern being the highlights, so far so good after a sticky start but there's a long way to go a lot of games to play and we're certainly still up against it in the CL with some tough matches ahead and perhaps the need to have a result go our way.

In the league we seem to be doing well but when we get into good situations we've been known to falter so there's a long way to go before this team is to be considered the real deal and we will need some signings to improve for sure (someone in January wouldn't go amiss).

Özim
26-10-2015, 01:29 PM
Premature and unnecessary if true. He's here until 2017 anyway so why not wait until the end of the season to talk about contract extensions, based on where we finish? Seems to me the board is striking while the iron is hot, getting their guy secured for all the wrong reasons - money, money and money. They want him to stay forever because he makes them money. I doubt they give a shit about the football, beyond the necessity of at least the minimum level of performance to keep the cash flowing. Premature. Unnecessary. Could have waited to see how we do this season, there was no rush.

This is ridiculous tbh, we've achieved nothing but they are getting in there because we've had a few good results and feelings are good arond the club at the moment, should never get a new contract offer right now, it could all go very pear-shaped and we could end up with nothing but 4th place again by the end of the season.

Globalgunner
26-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Wengers greatest trick is digging us into a hole and fighting back to get out of it.
Bottom of a CL group containing Olympiakos and some obscure eastern European club. What we need is another 5 years of this. Why the rush. Its not as if he`s going anywhere.

Power n Glory
26-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Oxlade's makes the wrong runs a lot. Its why he and Ozil/Santi have never connected.

Chris Waddle was full of it because we saw Theo make brilliant runs to free space for himself and teammates. We saw this when he was a teenager. Oxlade doesnt show that.

Im taking all of that into account with Ramsey so long as you take into account that even in that bad run he found himself in goal scoring positions and stayed true to the tactical shape of the team. THats intelligence. These are things Ox doesnt do.

Ox has a lot of individual talent but he doesnt seem to fit into the team.

I think you're saying too much and too soon about Ox. A lot of people on here didn't recognise Theo's off the ball movement and still don't if we're being truthful. Don't be so quick to write Ox off.

Özim
26-10-2015, 02:46 PM
Wengers greatest trick is digging us into a hole and fighting back to get out of it.
Bottom of a CL group containing Olympiakos and some obscure eastern European club. What we need is another 5 years of this. Why the rush. Its not as if he`s going anywhere.

This is very true, when we're behind he's very good at getting the best out of what we have, when we're in front however it's a different story, it's like the team only really believes they are good enough for last 16 in the CL and 3rd/4th in the league.

Letters
26-10-2015, 02:55 PM
it's like the team only really believes they are good enough for last 16 in the CL and 3rd/4th in the league.
I don't think that is true at the moment.

Globalgunner
26-10-2015, 02:59 PM

For once Letters. I do hope that you are right. maybe they've looked around, seen how jammy United are, How dire Chelsea are and how fragile City can be and thought to themselves. "We can do this".

Özim
26-10-2015, 03:01 PM

You can't really tell as nothing is there to be won right now, when we get closer to the winning line we'll know more.

Letters
26-10-2015, 03:12 PM
You can't really tell as nothing is there to be won right now, when we get closer to the winning line we'll know more.

You can't really tell anything right now, I agree with something they said on MoTD recently that the critics will only be silenced if we're actually consistent through the whole season and either win the thing or properly challenge. But there are some pretty good signs right now. We got off to a poor start last year and gave ourselves no chance, once we got going though we went on a long, consistent run that has continued into this season.

We've got a good run in, if we're in touch with 10 games to go I trust this lot more than I would have with the side a few years ago. We've got a few really world class players in the spine of the team now which gives us the quality to properly challenge. You can see the difference Cech is making, Ozil apparently has the best games/assist ratio of any player in PL history and while Giroud won't win you the league (although he's not as bad as some on here make out), Sanchez might.

We've got a couple of tricky games coming up but the table is shaping up now and we're up there, that's all you can ask for now.

mastermind84
26-10-2015, 03:31 PM
I think you're saying too much and too soon about Ox. A lot of people on here didn't recognise Theo's off the ball movement and still don't if we're being truthful. Don't be so quick to write Ox off.
this is Chamberlain's 4th year tho.

I just dont see enough to say he will be as great as many of us thought he could be. Hope im wrong.

fakeyank
26-10-2015, 05:02 PM
You can't really tell anything right now, I agree with something they said on MoTD recently that the critics will only be silenced if we're actually consistent through the whole season and either win the thing or properly challenge. But there are some pretty good signs right now. We got off to a poor start last year and gave ourselves no chance, once we got going though we went on a long, consistent run that has continued into this season.

We've got a good run in, if we're in touch with 10 games to go I trust this lot more than I would have with the side a few years ago. We've got a few really world class players in the spine of the team now which gives us the quality to properly challenge. You can see the difference Cech is making, Ozil apparently has the best games/assist ratio of any player in PL history and while Giroud won't win you the league (although he's not as bad as some on here make out), Sanchez might.

We've got a couple of tricky games coming up but the table is shaping up now and we're up there, that's all you can ask for now.

I am very worried about the squad though. Our numbers in midfield look really bad due to injuries.. I didnt know how bad it was till I was deciding what my starting XI should be for the capital one cup. If any of Le Coq, Santi or Ozil gets injured, we are really fucked!

Letters
26-10-2015, 05:15 PM
I am very worried about the squad though. Our numbers in midfield look really bad due to injuries.. I didnt know how bad it was till I was deciding what my starting XI should be for the capital one cup. If any of Le Coq, Santi or Ozil gets injured, we are really fucked!

I'm not too worried about our midfield but if players like those get injured it will affect us no matter who is sitting on the bench.
We have a few key players and long term injuries to those would hurt us but I'd say that's true of most sides.
You said yourself you don't think our squad is that much weaker than City's.

Power n Glory
26-10-2015, 05:16 PM

I just dont see enough to say he will be as great as many of us thought he could be. Hope im wrong.

Remind yourself of what Ramsey was like with us after 4 seasons and when he was 21 years old. Can you remember how bad he was when returning from his long lay off? In the last two seasons, Ox has had heavy injuries and missed long chunks of the season. Relax a little.. He has had a full season playing for us yet.

fakeyank
26-10-2015, 06:14 PM
I'm not too worried about our midfield but if players like those get injured it will affect us no matter who is sitting on the bench.
We have a few key players and long term injuries to those would hurt us but I'd say that's true of most sides.
You said yourself you don't think our squad is that much weaker than City's.

I think our squad when fit is as good as theirs but our injuries all seem to stretch out till New Years. Barring Ramsey who seems to be out for '3 weeks', the rest of them dont seem like they are back till later. So far, we have not had major injury to any of our major players but that could change and I am hoping it stays that way!!

selassie
26-10-2015, 07:27 PM

His development has stalled but I still like him & believe in him. There is a quality player in there, he just needs to simplify his game & stop trying too hard.

If we can get him to perform at a "Ramsey" type level now then that's good enough for me. I think long term OX has a really high ceiling and has the potential to be a star for us, we've seen glimpses of what he is capable of already.

mastermind84
26-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Remind yourself of what Ramsey was like with us after 4 seasons and when he was 21 years old.

Can you remember how bad he was when returning from his long lay off? In the last two seasons, Ox has had heavy injuries and missed long chunks of the season. Relax a little.. He has had a full season playing for us yet.
I did. I wrote earlier posts talking about Ramsey at 21.

He is ahead of what Chamberlain is right now and he was a year younger. (I was also wrong, Chamberlain is in year 5, not 4)

And dont tell me to relax. I am relaxed. I just dont see enough from Chamberlain to say he is going to be something special. I felt this way before this season too. I dont like players that don't look up when on the ball, like Chamberlain does.

Hope im wrong and he changes, but Im not convinced.

mastermind84
26-10-2015, 07:33 PM
His development has stalled but I still like him & believe in him. There is a quality player in there, he just needs to simplify his game & stop trying too hard.

If we can get him to perform at a "Ramsey" type level now then that's good enough for me. I think long term OX has a really high ceiling and has the potential to be a star for us, we've seen glimpses of what he is capable of already.
the thing is Ramsey was doing the basics right. He stayed in the team set up and hustled. He was also finding himself in goal scoring situations.

Chamberlain just doesnt show that.

selassie
26-10-2015, 07:41 PM
the thing is Ramsey was doing the basics right. He stayed in the team set up and hustled. He was also finding himself in goal scoring situations.

Chamberlain just doesnt show that.

Ramsey stank up the joint for a season and a half before he really started to emerge. He was horrible, misplacing basic passes, trying stupid flicks, Wenger basically played him throughout this period probably due to knowing that he was a talent that would eventually get it right. Admittedly we weren't challenging for the title then so our expectations were lower but Ramsey wasn't getting the basics right, at one point he was getting booed quite regularly. The thing with OX is he is in a run of bad form, he was pretty decent last season & was more or less first choice. I agree that he has a lot of room for improvement & he will need to improve fast because he will not get on the bench in his current form once the likes of Ramsey, Welbeck, Wilshere & to a lesser degree Rosicky return.

mastermind84
26-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Ramsey stank up the joint for a season and a half before he really started to emerge. He was horrible, misplacing basic passes, trying stupid flicks, Wenger basically played him throughout this period probably due to knowing that he was a talent that would eventually get it right. Admittedly we weren't challenging for the title then so our expectations were lower but Ramsey wasn't getting the basics right, at one point he was getting booed quite regularly. The thing with OX is he is in a run of bad form, he was pretty decent last season & was more or less first choice. I agree that he has a lot of room for improvement & he will need to improve fast because he will not get on the bench in his current form once the likes of Ramsey, Welbeck, Wilshere & to a lesser degree Rosicky return.

I know Ramsey was getting booed but the booing was more for fans being idiots than Ramsey being as poor as you are describing him. Like I said a few times, Ramsey never lost his tactical understanding and stayed within the confines of the team. He also wouldnt drop his head but instead sought to win hte ball back after the flicks. The fans just turned on him because Arsenal fans tend to do that to non-English players who are trying to find form.

Ox has been this way for a few seasons now, not just this start. The issue I am having is that he isnt actually getting better. He looks the same player whereas Ramsey had something catastrophic happen to him on the pitch.

We all agree that he needs to step it up now with Ramsey out and with all the injuries in the midfield.

fakeyank
26-10-2015, 08:15 PM
I think Ox is leagues ahead of Ramsey and is a better player. When fit and getting a run of games, he is one of the most exciting players in an Arsenal shirt. At this moment he is trying too hard to get a place in the team.. the moment he relaxes and lets his talent do the talking, he will be an easy starter.

Power n Glory
26-10-2015, 09:00 PM
:gp:

Ramsey was struggling and was given game after game by Wenger to correct it. The same can't be said for Ox. He's been in and out this season and his last two seasons have been interrupted by big injuries.

Power n Glory
26-10-2015, 09:06 PM
I know Ramsey was getting booed but the booing was more for fans being idiots than Ramsey being as poor as you are describing him. Like I said a few times, Ramsey never lost his tactical understanding and stayed within the confines of the team. He also wouldnt drop his head but instead sought to win hte ball back after the flicks. The fans just turned on him because Arsenal fans tend to do that to non-English players who are trying to find form.

Ox has been this way for a few seasons now, not just this start. The issue I am having is that he isnt actually getting better. He looks the same player whereas Ramsey had something catastrophic happen to him on the pitch.

We all agree that he needs to step it up now with Ramsey out and with all the injuries in the midfield.

Ox has had injuries as well remember. He hasn't played a full season for us on that wing.

You really think this has anything to do with Ramsey not being English? That's idiotic.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
26-10-2015, 09:12 PM
The main thing that worked in Ramsey's favour was that he wasn't regularly contributing to us conceding goals so Wenger was happy to see him ride out the storm. The Ox has developed an unfavourable habit of having a hand in us conceding and even without increasing his end product he really needs to just look after the ball better.

Although he is now on loan, Gnabry usually looked after the ball well. Some criticised him for being too conservative at times but rather, I think he prudently allowed himself a solid base from which he to steadfastly build upon. That sometimes meant he grew into games progressively not making mistakes to begin with and then throwing caution to the wind later.

But the point about the returning players is a good one..... The Ox's competition will only get fiercer after Christmas.....

AFC Leveller
27-10-2015, 09:57 AM
Ramsay was frustrating when he first came here and took time to sort himself out but lets not forget that he was already playing for Cardiff and had a calmness about way beyond his years. He also went out on loan to forrest where he learnt a thing or two and has progressed into a solid player capable of scoring good goals.

mastermind84
27-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Ox has had injuries as well remember. He hasn't played a full season for us on that wing.

You really think this has anything to do with Ramsey not being English? That's idiotic.
It's happened a lot over the last decade for me to ignore it.

I think fans root harder for English players. It's not necessarily nationalistic but instead just wanted to see their countryman do well.

Ramsay was frustrating when he first came here and took time to sort himself out but lets not forget that he was already playing for Cardiff and had a calmness about way beyond his years. He also went out on loan to forrest where he learnt a thing or two and has progressed into a solid player capable of scoring good goals.
Ramsey was/is a bigger talent than Chamberlain.

selassie
27-10-2015, 11:20 AM
It's happened a lot over the last decade for me to ignore it.

I think fans root harder for English players. It's not necessarily nationalistic but instead just wanted to see their countryman do well.

Ramsey was/is a bigger talent than Chamberlain.

You have a point re: the English thing but Ramsey is British so I do feel folks kind of want him to do well too.

Hmmm...it's debateable whether Ramsey was the bigger talent, they were both really hyped before they joined us and both of them were getting regular games in their teams, I think Ramsey may have been playing in the Championship whilst Chamberlain was in League One but that was the only difference really, both of them had plenty of elite PL clubs in for them.

Globalgunner
27-10-2015, 11:55 AM
Ox has bags of potential. We must persevere, but he may need to go outside for a season. Wenger is not good at developing young players. Ramsey is not as explosive and is a totally different player, He too has not yet found his game position for us. Its funny because if Cazorla leaves, Ramsey cant do what he does either. He would be best seved watching what Ozil does. Jack too for that matter.