View Full Version : Coquelin injured for 3 months

Munchies
22-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Knee ligament damage

https://twitter.com/FourFourTweet/status/668423906970177536

:arry:

Maestro
22-11-2015, 04:03 PM
If this is true, that's the season over right there. Nowhere near the quality back up required for him. But who could have foreseen this totally unexpected injury to arguably our most key player?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-11-2015, 04:10 PM
Probably not the worst thing in the world if true, with the exception of city have favourable run in till Xmas and if we don't find ourselves there or there abouts in the new year than we don't deserve to be title contenders, and if Wenger refuses to buy a replacement than he will have to go.
These kind of constant injuries will have to force his hand.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-11-2015, 04:19 PM
In hindsight that was an unseemly optimistic outburst

Niall_Quinn
22-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Don't see what the problem is. Vidal can play there.

Oh wait. We didn't sign Vidal. It's so weird, I had this funny feeling Wenger's failure to strengthen and provide adequate cover would come back to bite us. Nobody could have predicted this would happen, it's such an outlandish turn of events. So no idea why I had this extreme and unrealistic premonition.

Wouldn't it be too, too strange if somebody else out there had the same feeling back in the summer?

Maestro
22-11-2015, 04:41 PM
In hindsight that was an unseemly optimistic outburst

I know right, you were quite serene there

McNamara That Ghost...
22-11-2015, 04:58 PM
This is going well. If Flamini goes down, which is likely...Cazorla out wide and Ramsey in the middle I guess. :unsure:

If Ramsey ever comes back.

selassie
22-11-2015, 04:58 PM
3 months = 6 months at Arsenal so he's more or less out for the rest of the season.

Marc Overmars
22-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Ridiculous.

Munchies
22-11-2015, 05:41 PM
Don't see what the problem is. Vidal can play there.

Oh wait. We didn't sign Vidal. It's so weird, I had this funny feeling Wenger's failure to strengthen and provide adequate cover would come back to bite us. Nobody could have predicted this would happen, it's such an outlandish turn of events. So no idea why I had this extreme and unrealistic premonition.

Wouldn't it be too, too strange if somebody else out there had the same feeling back in the summer?

wot about dat Schneiderlin fella?

LDG
22-11-2015, 06:00 PM
This is unprecedented.

You have to feel sorry for Wenger as he just couldn't possibly have seen this coming. None of us could.

Niall_Quinn
22-11-2015, 06:00 PM

Not top, top quality.

To be fair though, it's not like we have an injury crisis that decimates the squad every season. I can think of at least one season in the last decade where it didn't happen.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
22-11-2015, 07:16 PM
http://youtu.be/38HKZLpifhU

selassie
22-11-2015, 08:31 PM

No better than Arteta or Flamini going by what Wenger said :rolleyes:

Power n Glory
22-11-2015, 09:29 PM
I knew we'd lose a key player after the international break but never would have thought it would have been Coquelin. Oh well. On we go. Massive player for us and people will now notice the difference if they didn't before.

fakeyank
23-11-2015, 12:09 AM
We have Chambers as well who can play there.

Also, if its an ACL injury, he is not coming back till September next year.

selassie
23-11-2015, 10:00 AM
We have Chambers as well who can play there.

Also, if its an ACL injury, he is not coming back till September next year.

Hmmm...Chambers can't really play there, he's not ready to fill in at CB or RB let alone DM.

Bumble
23-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Coq out for at least 2 months. So if that is true he would be like a new signing in January.

Maestro
23-11-2015, 02:11 PM
Calm down, calm down everyone ....keep your knickers on ffs

"We have players that can play in [Coquelin’s] position," Wenger added. "Chambers has been educated in that position.”

......there, there ...sorted. As we were.

Kano
23-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Well tbf Chambers spends most of his time out of position anyway so by default he should find himself in the right position for this role.

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2015, 02:29 PM
Calm down, calm down everyone ....keep your knickers on ffs

"We have players that can play in [Coquelin’s] position," Wenger added. "Chambers has been educated in that position.”

......there, there ...sorted. As we were.

Did he say anything about Chamber's upcoming injury? Is it still due for next week?

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Confirmed - Coquelin out for "At least 2 months".

2 weeks = 3 months. So Coquelin out for two years.

selassie
23-11-2015, 03:12 PM
Well tbf Chambers spends most of his time out of position anyway so by default he should find himself in the right position for this role.

:lol:

Maestro
23-11-2015, 04:35 PM

We would have to tell him he's playing CB so that he ends up in midfield.

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2015, 04:59 PM
We would have to tell him he's playing CB so that he ends up in midfield.

And tell Giroud to make runs into the box so he'll end up providing cover for Chalmers.

Chippy
23-11-2015, 05:32 PM
And tell Giroud to make runs into the box so he'll end up providing cover for Chalmers.

I am going to fucking kill myself.

RomfordPele
23-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Wow it's all stacking up for a mammoth 'he's like a new signing' January, which should just about wipe out any prospect of transfers in. Convenient that.

AFC Leveller
23-11-2015, 08:46 PM
Massive injury, about the only position where the back ups are nowhere near good enough.

fakeyank
23-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Massive injury, about the only position where the back ups are nowhere near good enough.

We have very little decent back ups, and even if we do, the back ups are dead too. Think about it..

Cech? Ospina is horrible

Kos? Gabriel is good

Per? Per himself is horrible and shouldnt be playing. Anyway his back up is Chambers and he has been terrible so far

Bellerin? Debuchy has been terrible this season in his limited starts. Chambers again can play here, but he is horrible

Monreal? Gibbs is a good back up but he is injury prone

Santi? Wilshere is dead, so I dont know if thats a back up.. do we have anyone else who can play that role? May be Rosicky.. when did he play last? 1996?

Ozil? Ramsey can play there but he is injury prone and no where near the level of Ozil

Coq? Flamini and Arteta. Both horrible.. but Arteta shades in being worse than Flamini.

Sanchez? Oxlade.. oh wait, he is injured too.. and nowhere near as good as Sanchez

Giroud? Walcott.. well, he is injured too. Akpom is untested. Welbeck is dead.

Did I miss any fucker?

Globalgunner
23-11-2015, 09:45 PM
I think you just about covered every player and muppet in the squad.
What a clusterfuck of awful decisions.

Kano
23-11-2015, 10:05 PM
We have very little decent back ups, and even if we do, the back ups are dead too. Think about it..

Cech? Ospina is horrible

Kos? Gabriel is good

Per? Per himself is horrible and shouldnt be playing. Anyway his back up is Chambers and he has been terrible so far

Bellerin? Debuchy has been terrible this season in his limited starts. Chambers again can play here, but he is horrible

Monreal? Gibbs is a good back up but he is injury prone

Santi? Wilshere is dead, so I dont know if thats a back up.. do we have anyone else who can play that role? May be Rosicky.. when did he play last? 1996?

Ozil? Ramsey can play there but he is injury prone and no where near the level of Ozil

Coq? Flamini and Arteta. Both horrible.. but Arteta shades in being worse than Flamini.

Sanchez? Oxlade.. oh wait, he is injured too.. and nowhere near as good as Sanchez

Giroud? Walcott.. well, he is injured too. Akpom is untested. Welbeck is dead.

Did I miss any fucker?

Didn't I hear our squad was as good as City's a few weeks ago?

Niall_Quinn
23-11-2015, 10:09 PM

Our first eleven is as good as theirs. Their squad is stronger than ours.

Well our first eleven is theoretically better because how would we know? We can never get it on a pitch.

Kano
23-11-2015, 10:28 PM
Our first eleven is as good as theirs. Their squad is stronger than ours.

Well our first eleven is theoretically better because how would we know? We can never get it on a pitch.

City edge it for me, especially for being a more balanced unit when they are on their game. You can also identify their best eleven, we still can't decide which striker to use. And I'm still not convinced on this Cazorla thing, not sure I ever will be. But as we know, a league is won with options in the squad, which is what we don't and haven't had for quite some time.

Niall_Quinn
24-11-2015, 12:41 AM
City edge it for me, especially for being a more balanced unit when they are on their game. You can also identify their best eleven, we still can't decide which striker to use. And I'm still not convinced on this Cazorla thing, not sure I ever will be. But as we know, a league is won with options in the squad, which is what we don't and haven't had for quite some time.

Can't understand why they didn't buy Alexis. Can you imagine him playing on the right for them? Lucky escape for the rest of the league. If they had Alexis they'd walk it. If we had Aguero - he'd be injured.

fakeyank
24-11-2015, 02:51 AM

It is.

City's back ups arent that good either. Our players just cant stay fit.. thats our problem.

selassie
24-11-2015, 09:54 AM
It is.

City's back ups arent that good either. Our players just cant stay fit.. thats our problem.

I'm kind of with you here, I think if we kept our entire squad fit or a majority of it then we have a fairly decent squad, I think City's is marginally better but it should be considering the amount of money they have spent.

Our issue is injuries and will remain an issue until the root cause of the issue is identified.

Power n Glory
24-11-2015, 11:27 AM
I'm kind of with you here, I think if we kept our entire squad fit or a majority of it then we have a fairly decent squad, I think City's is marginally better but it should be considering the amount of money they have spent.

Our issue is injuries and will remain an issue until the root cause of the issue is identified.

Yeah, our first team isn’t bad on paper. Injuries have really taken us out of our stride. I can’t believe we’re down to the bare bones again. Not sure what’s going on behind the scenes. Shad was brought in to prevent this sort of crisis. It would be interesting to hear what his role is at the club and his involvement. We still have Tony Colbert as our fitness coach and he’s been shocking. This piece from Le Grove was written in 2009.

http://le-grove.co.uk/2009/08/12/unravelling-the-medical-nightmare/

First things first… stop blaming the medical team. The medical team deal with the injuries that are handed to them… there is nothing they can do to prevent and injury… that job falls directly at the feet of the fitness coach. Colin Lewin and Gary O’Driscoll are exempt here.
The head of fitness goes by the name of Tony Colbert. He looks like a drill sergent and boasts the same qualifications as my friend…

Besides fitness being an issue, our squad is also really unbalanced and the lack of motivation is shocking sometimes. The warning signs have always been there. Certain players just don’t show up and lead. I don’t know whether it’s the style of play that makes us look so uninterested along with the team selection or if we’re just coasting along. Wenger did say we were a bit guilty of the old handbrake once we scored. Why hasn’t he fixed that still? He needs to hang his head in shame along with the other senior players.

Niall_Quinn
24-11-2015, 11:38 AM
Don't think hanging their heads in shame will take us anywhere useful. Getting their shit together is what's needed. If Wenger won't go then for the sake of the club (in terms of football), the players and the fans he should bring in somebody that can help him with the coaching and the tactics. Ferguson wasn't too proud to do that so I don't see what the big deal would be. Does absolutely everything at this club have to be done Arsene's way? It won't happen but that's what should happen. Then the board could have their money man for as long as they want and the club would have somebody who could drill this team in winning rather than energy consumption. No other coach or manager in the world would have benched Cech for those CL openers.

Bumble
24-11-2015, 01:30 PM
Injuries have taken there toll to a degree but we still have first choice back four and keeper. plus our 3 most creative players. So really we are only missing right attack and defensive midfielder. So things we should be able to cope with. Injuries aren't the reason why we lost to West Brom.

Özim
24-11-2015, 02:10 PM

Got to agree think City have the edge, Aguero is that player who can produce a goal out of nothing and is the standout player and importantly a striker, we don't have that.

He was a bargain of a signing, shame we never had the money to buy him when he became available, having said that we'd have probably past up the opportunity knowing us, just like we do with most strikers.

dostoy
24-11-2015, 02:18 PM
Wenger must must must buy a top class defensive midfielder in January.

He should have done it in the summer and got rid of Arteta and Flamini, as we all know.

Carvalho from Sporting Lisbon or the polish bloke from Sevilla are the main options.

Power n Glory
24-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Coquelin is an important player and a big loss but I think a striker is more important for the January window. When was the last game we won? It's been a downward spiral since Theo got injured and Giroud started playing. We're getting our goals from set peices and crosses but still playing tippy tappy when a striker like Giroud would benefit from a more direct game. We need to either adapt our tactics for the striker we have fit or bring in someone that suits the tactics. We can't fudge it together and hope for the best. Either tell wingers like Sanchez to stay wide and whip in crosses or change Giroud for someone more mobile and better suited for the more intricate fast paced moves.

Kano
24-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Last game we won was before the international break, 3-0 away to Swansea where Giroud scored. None of his open play goals have come crosses from the flanks, either set-pieces or dinks from the edge of the box. He has to take some blame for Spurs but the rest of the team didn't exactly show up for the first half of West Brom. The Bayern game was more damaging than anything as the first team was humiliated and it has no doubt had a knock on effect.

We're in the same position as the summer regarding a striker - who do we buy? Only Giroud level strikers are available which I am not averse to but with Welbeck coming back Wenger won't buy. If Chambers or Flamini do a half decent job, he won't buy a new DM, especially with Wilshere coming back too and even if he did, he wouldn't go big for fear or dislodging his development of Coquelin.

And people may say 'well he has to go if x and x' but we all know it doesn't work like that. Especially at our club under this board. Each fan has to make their decision to either suck up certain shit or go even more demented in frustration. I was closer to the latter at the start of the season but I've realised it really isn't worth it.

Bumble
25-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Don't think it would matter much if Flamini does a good job or not as he will probably be gone in the summer and it might be good to see if there is any competition for Coq available so they can settle in. However if Chambers step like Dier has done for Spuds then he probably wont buy and feel that Chambers and Coq can develop together.

Striker wise, Welbeck will return at some point so cant see us signing anyone there unless one of him, Giroud or Walcott leave.