PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction: Arsenal 3 Sunderland 1

Kano
05-12-2015, 04:52 PM
An expected lack of flow to the team with all the injuries and nervy at the back but we toughed it out to take the three points.

Well done and onto Greece we go.

Rambo back in the middle and on the scoresheet and no injuries :bow:

hobson's choice
05-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Cannot perform like this in Greece next week

Cech MOTM

Marc Overmars
05-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Much needed win.

Xhaka Can’t
05-12-2015, 04:56 PM
Someone must have kept the City score from them.

Its all about consigning November to history.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-12-2015, 04:56 PM
Horrible performance in truth but we needed any win after not having one in the previous three.

And also.

November. :lol:

Fuck you.

December. :bow:

Marc Overmars
05-12-2015, 05:00 PM
About as thrilling as receiving a Lynx Africa gift set for Christmas.

fakeyank
05-12-2015, 05:01 PM
Horrible performance. Good result. Nobody injured. We are winning BPL.

Kano
05-12-2015, 05:02 PM

Xmas essential. Everyman needs a back-up spray.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-12-2015, 05:03 PM

Oh. Let's not bother with GW Secret Santa this year then.

Xhaka Can’t
05-12-2015, 05:03 PM

Seriously - who the hell thinks that is a good idea for a present?

Kano
05-12-2015, 05:06 PM

When you've been too lazy to go out of your way, or your missus has forgotten to buy you a new one and you're getting ready in the morning and realise you are out...that horrible smelling shit is your friend.

GP
05-12-2015, 05:06 PM

It's Java or nothing.

Master Splinter
05-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Poor Sunderland.

Robbed by Arsenal.

Ramsey should have had about four goals. Ozil was very good again after a poor start. Campbell had a good all-round game, deserves to start ahead of Oxlade.

A win is all that matters with so many important players out.

Fat Sam :haha:.

Özil's Panoramic View
05-12-2015, 05:26 PM
Much needed win which I'm sure every Gooner readily accepts.

Also, must mention that we're now second in the league after having a horrific November. BLitW tbf. :bow:

Slacker
05-12-2015, 05:26 PM
It's Java or nothing.

Geek...

Sent from my Raspberry Pi

LDG
05-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Poor Sunderland.

Robbed by Arsenal.

Ramsey should have had about four goals. Ozil was very good again after a poor start. Campbell had a good all-round game, deserves to start ahead of Oxlade.

A win is all that matters with so many important players out.

Fat Sam :haha:.

Campbell good?? You sure? He was fucking awful!

Munchies
05-12-2015, 06:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVewx5SWIAUn7mZ.png

:haha:

Slacker
05-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Saw it on a foreign stream and it looked ok. Difficult to see too much without commentary but thought we gave the ball away easily and could have been punished by better finishing. To me Kos didn't deserve a yellow card initially and then could have walked late on when clattering through one of their front guys.

For me Campbell is settling in finally and looks stable enough to live with as a third choice sub (sorry if that offends, but he hasn't looked up to it at times). Bellerin for some reason has lost the willing to run at teams although he was solid enough today. There was a tug with some refs might have led to a pel but other than that he seems to have a good understanding with Cech, as do the rest of the defenders. Even at a relatively low point like now our back four seem to have developed something solid with who I have considered the best keeper in the PL for years.

Monreal was better today and Rambo did his usual good stuff with the odd brainfart thrown in. Ox was better but like others I am not sure he is progressing. He seems caught in a tunnel where he has gone from a youngster who shows promise to a first teamer who shows promise without advancing at Arsenal. I hope he can get on the fast track again like he seems to have done in the past only to regress.

Other than that I thought Flamster was good for the job. He was expected to step up as a playmaker at times which must be hard as he never has been one. I thought he was put in trouble a few times, in particular passes from Rambo and Monreal.

Ozil looks to be a lot quicker player this season with no lapse in quality. BFG, Big Sexy and any others I've missed did what you expect them to do. We weren't great but best team won.

Munchies
05-12-2015, 06:39 PM
Ozil is so brilliant to watch

The flicks, the feints, the control, everything

:sleep:

alexander
05-12-2015, 09:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVewx5SWIAUn7mZ.png

:haha:

Every arsenal player "shit no shit no shit no shit no....no....NOOOOOOO"

"shit".

Letters
05-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Horrible performance. Good result. Nobody injured. We are winning BPL.

If you come to England next year and cock it up for us I will cut you.

LDG
05-12-2015, 09:05 PM
If you come to England next year and cock it up for us I will cut your knees because I can't reach any higher

Harsh

Letters
05-12-2015, 09:06 PM
<_<

FY isn't exactly the tallest either :p

fakeyank
05-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Cant wait to see yall before the loss! :scarf:

GW meetup! :bow:

Letters
05-12-2015, 09:15 PM
Will we get to meet MrsFY? ##

fakeyank
05-12-2015, 09:18 PM
Will we get to meet MrsFY? ##

Yes, as soon as she gets her burqa from east london :penguin:

Letters
05-12-2015, 09:21 PM
:lol:

Chippy
05-12-2015, 09:45 PM
An expected lack of flow to the team with all the injuries and nervy at the back but we toughed it out to take the three points.

Well done and onto Greece we go.

Rambo back in the middle and on the scoresheet and no injuries :bow:
So many players out of sorts! What's happened to the Ox? Really happy with win, but just papering over some big cracks.

Letters
05-12-2015, 10:07 PM
Seems like every other side has some pretty big cracks too as right now we're above all the other credible contenders.

Maestro
05-12-2015, 10:13 PM
Fuckin brilliant 3 points, needed that win to finally take advantage of the City and Utd dropped points.

Don't care how the points are earned, especially with the number of fixtures and injuries piling up ......just get those wins and points on the board. Ordinary performance, absolutely great result!!!!!

Chippy
05-12-2015, 11:49 PM
Seems like every other side has some pretty big cracks too as right now we're above all the other credible contenders.
Guess so, but we seem to have lost confidence? We need to spend in January to shake it up a bit.

Niall_Quinn
06-12-2015, 01:30 AM
Only caught highlights on MOTD. Defensively we looked shite in every clip I saw. Cech really is going to be worth 15 points after all. If we had a Ches or Flappy in goal we'd have dropped plenty more points. At least a few players are coming back I suppose, and in the little bit I saw Ramsey seemed to be involved in everything.

Letters
06-12-2015, 09:14 AM
Only caught highlights on MOTD. Defensively we looked shite in every clip I saw. Cech really is going to be worth 15 points after all. If we had a Ches or Flappy in goal we'd have dropped plenty more points. At least a few players are coming back I suppose, and in the little bit I saw Ramsey seemed to be involved in everything.

:gp:

It's so nice to have a proper, solid 'keeper again. We wouldn't have won that game last year, he's making a massive difference.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-12-2015, 09:37 AM
it'd be nice to have proper, solid defending to go with it

it's not just Mertesacker either, there is no doubt Bellerin, Koscielny and Monreal are great at what they do....but the last three or four games they look like they've been caught half way through taking a shit.

Ramsey was excellent going forward yesterday but basically hardly ever tracked back (Cazorla even on an off day does) and just left Flamini to put out fires.

Power n Glory
06-12-2015, 10:01 AM
Good 3 points. Good start for Ramsey and he looks better in the middle. A goal and an assist. Let's hope he keeps it going. Didn't see the full game but good to see Campbell get the first goal. That will help his confidence. Giroud with an own goal but scores to make up for it. Another headed goal. That's his strength and playing it to his feet is pointless. Good to see Theo back. Just has to stay fit. Didn't see much of Ox. Good to see he is fit but hope he gets up to speed quickly.

Shaky on defence. No idea what's going on there but Cech has made a serious impact on our season so far.

Chelsea lost again. :lol: City lost. :lol: Manure and Spurs drew! Good weekend for us.

Munchies
06-12-2015, 10:49 AM
it'd be nice to have proper, solid defending to go with it

it's not just Mertesacker either, there is no doubt Bellerin, Koscielny and Monreal are great at what they do....but the last three or four games they look like they've been caught half way through taking a shit.

Ramsey was excellent going forward yesterday but basically hardly ever tracked back (Cazorla even on an off day does) and just left Flamini to put out fires.

Monreal was good, but Bellerin was awful yesterday, kept leaving us so open

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
06-12-2015, 11:37 AM
Monreal was good, but Bellerin was awful yesterday, kept leaving us so open

Monreal was good going forward, but too many times was outdone for pace being caught too far forward, and sometimes his interceptions ended up straight back at the feet of a sunderland player.

And as for set pieces.....this is the worst i've seen us at set pieces in about five years, basically almost every ball that goes into the box results in either a goal or a goalmouth scramble.....it's not just zonal marking, it's the total passivity allowing free movement of attacking players in the box.
We would have lost yesterday if not for Petr Cech.

Heisenberg
06-12-2015, 05:05 PM
Good win, crap performance. Cech is awesome.

selassie
07-12-2015, 09:23 AM
Good win, crap performance. Cech is awesome.

To be fair to Wenger Cech was a superb signing. If it wasn't for Cech we'd be halfway down the league this season, he's really saved our arse on many occassions.

IBK
07-12-2015, 09:36 AM
To be fair to Wenger Cech was a superb signing. If it wasn't for Cech we'd be halfway down the league this season, he's really saved our arse on many occassions.

Most sane Gooners would have to admit that Wenger is among the best when signing key players. He's not perfect, but noone is and he has an eye for a player all right. I was underwhelmed by the Cech signing, but I'm not any more!

Marc Overmars
07-12-2015, 11:03 AM
No brainer of a signing really. Quality keeper and consummate professional, from the sounds of it he is held in very high regard within the club and general footballing ranks. I just wish we signed him 10 years ago, history could have been different.

Globalgunner
07-12-2015, 12:26 PM
No brainer of a signing really. Quality keeper and consummate professional, from the sounds of it he is held in very high regard within the club and general footballing ranks. I just wish we signed him 10 years ago, history could have been different.

and miss out on the comedic stylings of Almunia. No way!

Niall_Quinn
07-12-2015, 01:18 PM
and miss out on the comedic stylings of Almunia. No way!

We would have missed all those classic throw it in your own net moments. Although we still have Ospina who can fumble there.

Globalgunner
07-12-2015, 01:40 PM
The day Ronaldo hit a 40 yard freekick that Almunia did not even see, in a CL QF at the Emirates was the day football died in me a little. For the first time I realised, footie just wasnt worth the emotional attachment I had previously given it.

AFC Leveller
07-12-2015, 02:09 PM
The day Ronaldo hit a 40 yard freekick that Almunia did not even see, in a CL QF at the Emirates was the day football died in me a little. For the first time I realised, footie just wasnt worth the emotional attachment I had previously given it.

wasnt that the semis?

Globalgunner
07-12-2015, 03:34 PM
wasnt that the semis?

Could have been, hurt just as bad.

AFC Leveller
07-12-2015, 03:46 PM
Could have been, hurt just as bad.

We beat Roma (pels) in the last 16 and Villareal in the QFs.

Marc Overmars
07-12-2015, 03:49 PM

Ahh, actually winning knockout ties in the CL. Those were the days.

LDG
07-12-2015, 04:13 PM
The Utd semi in the CL was the night of the great beer flood of Old London Town.

:crying:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-12-2015, 07:56 PM

I remember having watched the first leg we were never in the game at any point and were lucky to go into the return leg only one goal down, and then park and ronaldo had their say and i thought sod this i'm going to go and watch a bond film and i did....which on balance was a good decision on my part.

AFC Leveller
07-12-2015, 08:27 PM
The the crowd were really up for the return leg and we started on fire. However, Gibbs decoded to slip to allow Park to score and then aluminium made sure of the win for man ure.

Looking back though that Man u side were really strong and much better than us.

Marc Overmars
07-12-2015, 08:38 PM
The tie was a non-contest really, United were on another level to us at the time. Still, Gibbs slipping was like a dagger to the heart.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Ahh, actually winning knockout ties in the CL. Those were the days.

Ahh, actually making the knockout ties in the CL. Those were the days.

Shaqiri Is Boss
07-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Ahh, actually making the knockout ties in the CL. Those were the days.

Ahh, actually making the CL. Those were the days.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-12-2015, 08:59 PM
:lol:

GP
07-12-2015, 09:58 PM
I remember having watched the first leg we were never in the game at any point and were lucky to go into the return leg only one goal down, and then park and ronaldo had their say and i thought sod this i'm going to go and watch a bond film and i did....which on balance was a good decision on my part.

Was it Live and Let Die?

Letters
07-12-2015, 10:36 PM

Was it that season?
I was at that Roma away game. The pels went on forever

Letters
07-12-2015, 10:38 PM
The Utd semi in the CL was the night of the great beer flood of Old London Town.

:crying:
:hug:

Heisenberg
07-12-2015, 11:38 PM
I don't remember being that downbeat after that game, actually. It was a big deflation but it didn't feel that unexpected - we were lucky to come away from the first leg only 1-0 and that United side was much stronger. We were worse then than we are now, despite being in the semi-finals.

Xhaka Can’t
08-12-2015, 07:21 AM
I don't remember being that downbeat after that game, actually. It was a big deflation but it didn't feel that unexpected - we were lucky to come away from the first leg only 1-0 and that United side was much stronger. We were worse then than we are now, despite being in the semi-finals.

There was an incredible amount of anticipation ahead of the game. All of our seats had Arsenal scarves. The crowd were well up for it and gave the team one of the most rousing receptions I have ever seen. They couldn't have had the crowd more behind them had they just won the whole thing.

It felt wonderful to be a part of it all. The atmosphere was amazing!

I left at halftime.

Globalgunner
08-12-2015, 08:44 AM
United really used to shit on us in those days, we were beaten most times before the game ever started.
Ji sung park was the Manchester Drogba in those days. had the whole defence at sixes and sevens.