PDA

View Full Version : Our players. Brilliant, Overrated or Lazy - your thoughts

IBK
10-12-2015, 11:28 AM
For a change, I thought I'd have a look at what people really think about out players. Choose as many or as few as you want/can be bothered with and share your views on what you really think of them - irrational; uninformed; analytical or knee-jerk as you like. You can justify your feelings if you like, but this is far from necessary.

For me:

Ospina - a bumbling fool for obvious reasons. probably better than his rep but I don't care. he's a busted flush for me.
Cech - was underwhelmed by his appointment and I had a lingering resentment because of his Chelsea background. he will never be a favourite of mine, but feck am I glad he's here. the 15 point thing is clearly no exaggeration.
Monreal - I regarded him as insipid and rather uninspiring (mostly because of his face) but one of my favourites now. Propers to him for being our second most improved player
Kosssy - Love the guy, despite his occasional rushes of blood. I regard him as a true Arsenal player who will bleed for the club.
Merts - clumsy; German; not as bad as his rep
Bellarin - Exciting player bit naive but I'll forgive him that
Debuchy - tosser. A bit shit. Don't care if he leaves.
Santi - love his control. Love his smile. Would prefer someone else in central MF.
Coquelin - see Kossy
Ramsey - I blame him a bit for not being as good as he was in 13/14
Ozil - growing on me in direct proportion to the effort he seems to be putting in. Probably the most talented footballer we have.
The Ox - a bit shit
Sanchez - Love him. Obviously. Wish he wouldn't try to do everything himself.
Campbell - a bit Gervihno. Watch this space - he may in time deserve to be regarded as a proper Arsenal player.
BIF - Fascinates me how a player who can look so clumsy and shite is actually so good. Love BIF. He suffers from playing in the wrong team at times.

Can't be arsed with any more. You?

Globalgunner
10-12-2015, 01:54 PM
For a change, I thought I'd have a look at what people really think about out players. Choose as many or as few as you want/can be bothered with and share your views on what you really think of them - irrational; uninformed; analytical or knee-jerk as you like. You can justify your feelings if you like, but this is far from necessary.

For me:

Ospina - a bumbling fool for obvious reasons. probably better than his rep but I don't care. he's a busted flush for me.
Cech - was underwhelmed by his appointment and I had a lingering resentment because of his Chelsea background. he will never be a favourite of mine, but feck am I glad he's here. the 15 point thing is clearly no exaggeration.
Monreal - I regarded him as insipid and rather uninspiring (mostly because of his face) but one of my favourites now. Propers to him for being our second most improved player
Kosssy - Love the guy, despite his occasional rushes of blood. I regard him as a true Arsenal player who will bleed for the club.
Merts - clumsy; German; not as bad as his rep
Bellarin - Exciting player bit naive but I'll forgive him that
Debuchy - tosser. A bit shit. Don't care if he leaves.
Santi - love his control. Love his smile. Would prefer someone else in central MF.
Coquelin - see Kossy
Ramsey - I blame him a bit for not being as good as he was in 13/14
Ozil - growing on me in direct proportion to the effort he seems to be putting in. Probably the most talented footballer we have.
The Ox - a bit shit
Sanchez - Love him. Obviously. Wish he wouldn't try to do everything himself.
Campbell - a bit Gervihno. Watch this space - he may in time deserve to be regarded as a proper Arsenal player.
BIF - Fascinates me how a player who can look so clumsy and shite is actually so good. Love BIF. He suffers from playing in the wrong team at times.

Can't be arsed with any more. You?

You forgot to add
The manager Arsene Wenger: Represents all that is good and bad at the club, sometimes divine mostly infuriating. Wish he could leave and come back reborn in his 96 vintage.

IBK
10-12-2015, 05:11 PM
You forgot to add
The manager Arsene Wenger: Represents all that is good and bad at the club, sometimes divine mostly infuriating. Wish he could leave and come back reborn in his 96 vintage.

If I were to comment on Wenger I would say

- respect what he's done for the club but my love for him has waned while his megalomania has grown.