PDA

View Full Version : Fabregas goes to Barca for £35million

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Cripps_orig
30-06-2011, 02:02 PM
we got to a Cup Final and finished 4th.

Exactly what we did 6 years....

No improvement since then

And that is why people want him gone cos we arent showing any improvement. Whilst our decline isnt a major one at the moment, we are still top 4 after all, it is still a decline and how long do we go before we do something to put a stop to it?

Letters
30-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Exactly what we did 6 years....

No improvement since then

And that is why people want him gone cos we arent showing any improvement. Whilst our decline isnt a major one at the moment, we are still top 4 after all, it is still a decline and how long do we go before we do something to put a stop to it?

No. No improvement but no decline either. How is doing the same as 6 years ago a decline? Especially when in between times we did better (points wise, at least). It's stagnation is what it is.
And it's massively frustrating, especially when I really think this squad are capable of more.

But when you consider how hard other clubs have tried to break into the top 4, how much money they've spent to leapfrog us. For all his faults Wenger has seen them all off except Chelsea and now City who we really can't compete with while they have effectively infinite resources.

This is where my conflict lies. In some ways he's done brilliantly to keep us top 4. In other ways he's made baffling, repeated mistakes which have stopped a very talented squad from achieving its potential. It's a maddening combination.

But Wenger isn't suddenly the clueless muppet some on here make out, we wouldn't still be top 4 were that so.

Cripps_orig
30-06-2011, 02:17 PM
No. No improvement but no decline either. How is doing the same as 6 years ago a decline? Especially when in between times we did better (points wise, at least). It's stagnation is what it is.
And it's massively frustrating, especially when I really think this squad are capable of more.

But when you consider how hard other clubs have tried to break into the top 4, how much money they've spent to leapfrog us. For all his faults Wenger has seen them all off except Chelsea and now City who we really can't compete with while they have effectively infinite resources.

This is where my conflict lies. In some ways he's done brilliantly to keep us top 4. In other ways he's made baffling, repeated mistakes which have stopped a very talented squad from achieving its potential. It's a maddening combination.

But Wenger isn't suddenly the clueless muppet some on here make out, we wouldn't still be top 4 were that so.
The decline is from going from a title winning side to what we are now.

We have stood still the past 6 years and if you stand still, you ultimately go backwards cos other teams will pass you as City have done.

Liverpool are spending big money to get back there and Spuds will challenge as well. Wenger has to do much more than what he is doing at the moment which is nothing btw to keep us in the top 4.

Can he do it? I dont trust he can

Letters
30-06-2011, 02:30 PM
We couldn't have done anything about City. We should have finished above them this year but if they keep throwing silly money around they'll ultimately establish themselves in the top 4 above us, there's very little we can do about a club who have effectively infinite resources.

Liverpool and Spurs have spent big in the past in an attempt to leapfrog us and failed. Wenger saw them off before, I believe he'll do so again. As for him doing nothing, you know that's not true. He's obviously not sitting in his office all day browsing Facebook. I'm sure he'll have a busy summer, forget the papertalk and see what he actually does. Whether he does the right things...well, we'll see.

And whether he'll be able to actually motivate this lot to start winning stuff again...I'm skeptical.

But my main point is he's not this bumbling incompetent that some on here are making out. You don't keep a club top 4 through one of the most complex stadium moves in football without having some nous.

selassie
30-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Its Me is Zim? :faint:

Aye, I thought you'd work it out Sub, Letters is having a pop at him at every given opportunity ;)

Marc Overmars
30-06-2011, 03:12 PM
We couldn't have done anything about City. We should have finished above them this year but if they keep throwing silly money around they'll ultimately establish themselves in the top 4 above us, there's very little we can do about a club who have effectively infinite resources.

Liverpool and Spurs have spent big in the past in an attempt to leapfrog us and failed. Wenger saw them off before, I believe he'll do so again. As for him doing nothing, you know that's not true. He's obviously not sitting in his office all day browsing Facebook. I'm sure he'll have a busy summer, forget the papertalk and see what he actually does. Whether he does the right things...well, we'll see.

And whether he'll be able to actually motivate this lot to start winning stuff again...I'm skeptical.

But my main point is he's not this bumbling incompetent that some on here are making out. You don't keep a club top 4 through one of the most complex stadium moves in football without having some nous.

No one has a go at him for only keeping us in the top 4 on a budget, they do because he has assembled a team with so many shite ass (that phrase is infectious Ach) weaknesses and that he doesn't look like being able to solve them, despite the problems being obvious for many years.

I think most appreciate the fact that he is the reason we expect so much better but that should go without saying. If Fergie went mental and United slipped down the top 4 like we have, I'm sure their fans would ask questions and criticise the relevant problems. That doesn't mean they would be oblivious to what a job he's done there though.

Boss
30-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Wenger doesn't have it in him to win a trophy as Arsenal manager anymore.

This year's overall collapse was no worse than it has been in many of the last years.

Not sure how deluded people are that they can't see that.

Cripps_orig
30-06-2011, 03:42 PM
No one has a go at him for only keeping us in the top 4 on a budget, they do because he has assembled a team with so many shite ass (that phrase is infectious Ach) weaknesses and that he doesn't look like being able to solve them, despite the problems being obvious for many years.

I think most appreciate the fact that he is the reason we expect so much better but that should go without saying. If Fergie went mental and United slipped down the top 4 like we have, I'm sure their fans would ask questions and criticise the relevant problems. That doesn't mean they would be oblivious to what a job he's done there though.

This.

Also on the Man City thing, their money isnt what made them finish above us. Our own retardiness was. Is that even a word?

Anyway hoping "Shite Ass" gets as famous on here as my other gems such as "Must Get" and "GHEL"

Japan Shaking All Over
30-06-2011, 04:07 PM
This.

Also on the Man City thing, their money isnt what made them finish above us. Our own retardiness was. Is that even a word?

Anyway hoping "Shite Ass" gets as famous on here as my other gems such as "Must Get" and "GHEL"

Our own retardiness was

got to admit our retardiness had a lot to do with it

so did our lack of bottle and the amazing ability to look like a bunch of muppets against shite

Dog Toffee
30-06-2011, 04:09 PM
We're not in decline, its just the standard of the premiership is rising, as is the £££'s, when we won it in the 90's and early 2000's the competition wasn't as high. If anything we've improved, what other club club could have stayed competing (which we have until the end of season collapses, which need addressing) and reached 2 finals in these days of sugar daddy's?

Its crap to want Wenger out, if we sack him (which we wont, because, thankfully, there are smart people at Arsenal) we will become a mid-table team, play hoof-ball and Spurs will overtake us.

For those that want Wenger out (twits) who could do better with what we have?

Boss
30-06-2011, 04:10 PM
We're not in decline, its just the standard of the premiership is rising, as is the £££'s, when we won it in the 90's and early 2000's the competition wasn't as high. If anything we've improved, what other club club could have stayed competing (which we have until the end of season collapses, which need addressing) and reached 2 finals in these days of sugar daddy's?

Manchester United.

11 trophies in 6 years, net spend per season of 2.6M.

/argument

Japan Shaking All Over
30-06-2011, 04:20 PM
decline overall not sure as we stayed on track for a while but the declines start during a season and dont stop till we play ourselves out of contention

we are defo propping up three other clubs while at the same time trying to keep down the others

TBH we are not taken seriously by any in the league the ones ahead of us dont consider us a threat although we put in better performances against them they know that we will fuck up against other teams

and the teams below us, just know how to play us, are definitely aware of our weaknesses and do their upmost to expose those.......yeah sure we beat them but not when it matters......this has be addressed, Wenger will not be sacked but if he is allowed to spend this summer and no results come......we may expect to see him moved upstairs.......

Cripps_orig
30-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Xavi on about Cesc again on AS.com

Letters
30-06-2011, 06:41 PM

If it isn't then it should be. I agree it isn't what made them finish above us. It is what made them a contender to do so though. And it will ultimately, if they keep spending silly money, cement their place in the top 4. First Chelsea did it, now they are.
Sport shouldn't be about who has the most money but it is becoming and increasingly big factor, sadly

Letters
30-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Manchester United.

11 trophies in 6 years, net spend per season of 2.6M.

/argument

Oh behave. They sold Ronaldo for a million squllian points, hence you having to include the word 'net'.
You're not seriously arguing there's no link between clubs spending big and success?

Letters
30-06-2011, 06:49 PM
points? :lol:

Meh, you know what I mean <_<

Boss
30-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Oh behave. They sold Ronaldo for a million squllian points, hence you having to include the word 'net'.
You're not seriously arguing there's no link between clubs spending big and success?

Our lack of trophies over the last six years has nothing to do with money.

Cripps_orig
30-06-2011, 07:02 PM
If it isn't then it should be. I agree it isn't what made them finish above us. It is what made them a contender to do so though. And it will ultimately, if they keep spending silly money, cement their place in the top 4. First Chelsea did it, now they are.
Sport shouldn't be about who has the most money but it is becoming and increasingly big factor, sadly

Yes it is and Wenger and his ways are being left behind.

The thing is, he can keep us in the top 4 spending peanuts. We'd fucking walk the league if he'd spend on real quality.

If you cant beat them, join them

Letters
30-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Our lack of trophies over the last six years has nothing to do with money.

Agreed, but there's no doubt it plays a big part in success these days.

Letters
30-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Yes it is and Wenger and his ways are being left behind.

The thing is, he can keep us in the top 4 spending peanuts. We'd fucking walk the league if he'd spend on real quality.

If you cant beat them, join them

Agreed to an extent. We can't go nuts like Chelsea or City can so he has had to take a different approach to an extent.
In general I think his policy has been right and has ensured financial stability for years to come but he has at times been too frugal and he does need to make some big signings this summer. The fans need a lift as much as the squad, we need someone we can get excited about.

Boss
30-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Agreed, but there's no doubt it plays a big part in success these days.

Not sure what we're debating if we both agree on the main points. :unsure:

You agree that our lack of success has nothing to do with money - I agree with you that football is becoming a more money=success sport although I think this will change with the FFP rules (hopefully, although it's expecting a lot of FIFA).

That said despite all the errors we've made I'm looking at our own team, and our biggest errors have jack all to do with money which is why I'm beginning to despise Wenger.

The richest teams still don't win stuff, sure money helps but I don't think it's the ultimate factor given the amount of big teams in the sport. The two biggest spenders in England last season won a mere FA Cup between them; Real Madrid spent €260M in one transfer window a couple years ago and ended up trophyless. With more and more obscenely rich clubs emerging (PSG and QPR, to name two), I don't think it's going to affect the elite group of players too much over the next few years.

Manchester United's success is an example of how money isn't a requisite; sure, you can say Ronaldo distorts the figures but it does that for us as well with the likes of Adebayor and Toure going for 40M (who else would pay so much for such little quality). Even if you remove the Ronaldo fee you have clubs that have consistently spent 30-40M per season more than them (just on players, not even including coaches) but they've still been successful.

Letters
30-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Not sure what we're debating if we both agree on the main points. :unsure:

I think where we disagree is how well Wenger has done to keep us in the top 4.
And I'm not sure Utd are a great example of success without spending. With wages and transfer fees they're right up there with anyone. There's also the Fergie factor to consider, I'm not convinced they'd have had half the success with anyone else at the helm. Or, at the very least, very few others could have matched what he's done.

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2011, 02:07 PM
get it back, are you serious? the direction is to be a super club, not one that gives a shit about the fans. sure if you want the perception that they care then fair enough but its naive to think they really ever would at that sort of level.

pining for the 'good old days' is nothing but sad sentimentalism of a time when we were a completely different club, in a different stadium

It's interesting that the "get with the reality" message a lot of people rely on to explain away and apologise for modern corporate abuse just so happens to align precisely with the ambitions of the corporation - more money, fuck the customer. You have people telling you that's just the way it is, or they go further to explain that's just the way it has to be - as if they somehow have an insider view that has revealed a generic truth. Of course the opposite is true, if the customer was only prepared to defend his rights and to understand where the real power of any business transaction lies the corporations would soon be forced to fall into line. It's quite a disservice being performed by the see no evil, speak no evil apologists then.

BTW, I don't care what a bunch of crusty old cunts and a fucking yank have to say on the matter, they can wave their chequebooks and champagne glasses at each other and party on all they want. But it's only "their" fucking club for as long as the fans keep them on the welfare they have become accustomed to, a welfare system they haven't even contributed to by the way. So I don't buy for a minute the idea this is how it's supposed to be or has to be. I admit it's nigh on impossible to coordinate people along the lines of common sense or morality - this is the inertia and disorganisation the corporate leech relies on - but I'm just saying, the fans could assume control at any time they pleased and there's not a thing any fucking suited leech could do about it.

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2011, 02:09 PM
I think where we disagree is how well Wenger has done to keep us in the top 4.
And I'm not sure Utd are a great example of success without spending. With wages and transfer fees they're right up there with anyone. There's also the Fergie factor to consider, I'm not convinced they'd have had half the success with anyone else at the helm. Or, at the very least, very few others could have matched what he's done.

Fuck being top 4. You don't get a trophy for being top 4, in fact when you set your heart on this magical top 4 thing it tends to take away the chances of getting a real trophy because failure then becomes acceptable. You can lose year after year but as long as you get top 4 and get the money for losing in a big Euro competition too then great, give the loser manager a pay rise.

Whose interests are being served by the fans parroting this top four shit all the time? Just asking.

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2011, 02:17 PM
For the record, I am not talking about anyone who posts here. Most of these people I am referring to are internet based, do not live in London, and for the most part have never actually been to a live Arsenal game. And while it was initially anger, it has progressed to way beyond that.

To be honest, I used to "hate" other fans and players and clubs and all that shit. But once you get older you realise that investing any measure of emotion in a bunch of tossers who don't know you're even alive and couldn't care less anyway - just so long as you keep paying them - is an utter waste of time. In many ways the clubs and the players, the agents and media barons must love the "hate" that goes on in the sport. The emotional investment helps loosen the wallets whereas those who don't get so attached might be able to realise that football has actually become quite tedious and maybe the money could be spent on something more interesting. I think it's only the left-over emotional buzz (like a drug) that keeps me attached to the game at all these days. Rationally speaking, why the hell should I be interested in Arsenal football club or any of the people there, given what the club has become? It doesn't make sense. It's only 20 short years since you could booze with the players in the London pubs, now they wouldn't even stop if they ran you down in their Rolls Royce (or tacky Land Rover or Escalade now that class has also been ejected from our "culture").

I couldn't hate Wenger even if I wanted to, he's just not important enough.

Toronto Gooner
01-07-2011, 02:45 PM
It's interesting that the "get with the reality" message a lot of people rely on to explain away and apologise for modern corporate abuse just so happens to align precisely with the ambitions of the corporation - more money, fuck the customer. You have people telling you that's just the way it is, or they go further to explain that's just the way it has to be - as if they somehow have an insider view that has revealed a generic truth. Of course the opposite is true, if the customer was only prepared to defend his rights and to understand where the real power of any business transaction lies the corporations would soon be forced to fall into line. It's quite a disservice being performed by the see no evil, speak no evil apologists then.

BTW, I don't care what a bunch of crusty old cunts and a fucking yank have to say on the matter, they can wave their chequebooks and champagne glasses at each other and party on all they want. But it's only "their" fucking club for as long as the fans keep them on the welfare they have become accustomed to, a welfare system they haven't even contributed to by the way. So I don't buy for a minute the idea this is how it's supposed to be or has to be. I admit it's nigh on impossible to coordinate people along the lines of common sense or morality - this is the inertia and disorganisation the corporate leech relies on - but I'm just saying, the fans could assume control at any time they pleased and there's not a thing any fucking suited leech could do about it.
I haver tried reading this a couple of times but am still having a little difficulty in understanding exactly what your point is here.

Are you saying that Arsenal is only owned by Kroenke and Usmanov (a few minor others) for as long as the "fans" allow them? How do you propose that the proletariat enforce their socialist right and take back their property?

Cripps_orig
01-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Graham Hunter has said on SSN that Real Madrid have made an approach for Cesc and are willing to pay €50m which could mean straight money or lesser money plus a player.

Hes not sure if Real are serious or not or just making mischief cos we all know Barcunts want him

Master Splinter
01-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Selling Fabregas to Real Madrid would be brilliant.

It has to happen.

Cripps_orig
01-07-2011, 09:13 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7014028,00.html

Marc Overmars
02-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Real would pay what we want as well.

Hopefully it happens. :pray:

alexander
02-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Real would pay what we want as well.

Hopefully it happens. :pray:

straight swap for a certain striker they have....

Ollie the Optimist
02-07-2011, 06:48 PM
El Mundo say Barça offered £34m for Cesc, but only £29m cash, because they believe Arsenal owe them £6m for Toral + Bellerín. Arsenal have paid €750,000 for Toral and Bellerín, but El Mundo say Barça think they're worth £6m so want that knocked off Cesc fee.

they really cannot get any lower can they?

KSE Comedy Club
02-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Barca can fuck off.

Simple as that. Cesc can sit on the bench next season if he dont like it.

Toronto Gooner
03-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Barca can fuck off.

As far as I am concerned, he can train with the youth team, as can Clichy and Nasri.

Injury Time
03-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Barca can fuck off.

As far as I am concerned, he can train with the youth team, as can Clichy and Nasri.
it's all we'll have left anyway by the sound of it!

Boss
03-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Some of the above is so blinded by emotional rage that nonsense is being spouted.

You want two players valued at (the very least) 40M+ combined to sit on the bench because you feel butthurt?

Idiocy.

Ollie the Optimist
03-07-2011, 11:21 AM
john cross on nasri's quotes about wanting to leave

Hate it when players talk about joining a club to win things. As if their current club's shortcomings are nothing to do with them.

couldnt agree more

Ollie the Optimist
03-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Some of the above is so blinded by emotional rage that nonsense is being spouted.

You want two players valued at (the very least) 40M+ combined to sit on the bench because you feel butthurt?

Idiocy.

almost a yes because as many of us have accused cesc of this season not giving a shit, we ended up carrying him at times or pandering to his needs causing us problems. i dont care if a player is worth 1p or 100 billion, if he wont give 100% every game then he can be benched or play in the reserves

selassie
03-07-2011, 11:33 AM
almost a yes because as many of us have accused cesc of this season not giving a shit, we ended up carrying him at times or pandering to his needs causing us problems. i dont care if a player is worth 1p or 100 billion, if he wont give 100% every game then he can be benched or play in the reserves

Well if this is the case we wouldn't be able to put out a team every week.

Boss
03-07-2011, 11:38 AM

What selassie said.

Also, we've never/rarely 'carried' Fabregas. His quality is such that even at 20% performance he's usually our most productive midfielder on the pitch by miles.

Özim
03-07-2011, 11:41 AM
john cross on nasri's quotes about wanting to leave

couldnt agree more
Couldn't agree less, Nasri performed well enough last season and Cesc may not have been at his best but he was stil one of our more creative players but even if he hadn't one player cannot win you trophies by himself, a successful team is a sum of its parts.

It's Wenger and his pompous ideals and stubborn ways causing these problems, noone believes in this team (including the players) and as usual he's doing precious little about changing things....except for the odd project signing here and there.

Former players, fans, experts have pretty said it's worrying, the only one unbothered seems Wenger at the moment, but I suppose he still gets his 6 million regardless so I'm sure he'll enjoy his holidays (like he did last year when he was making money with French TV on the side).

Joker
03-07-2011, 11:47 AM
And why the fuck are we still persisting with this failed youth policy????! Signing players like Torral and Belerin is a fucking waste of time, they won't improve things for us next season, most likely they'll be loaned out to gain experience. Moreover, success rates with youth players is generally low (as with all clubs), so at a time when the club is in a difficult situation having won sweet FA for 6 years, it would have been logical to focus on experienced, top quality footballers who are likely to add something of value to the team, hopefully making the team more competitive and go the extra mile to win silverware. Are the two youth players from Barca going to do that? Of course not.

Toronto Gooner
03-07-2011, 01:08 PM
And why the fuck are we still persisting with this failed youth policy????! Signing players like Torral and Belerin is a fucking waste of time, they won't improve things for us next season, most likely they'll be loaned out to gain experience. Moreover, success rates with youth players is generally low (as with all clubs), so at a time when the club is in a difficult situation having won sweet FA for 6 years, it would have been logical to focus on experienced, top quality footballers who are likely to add something of value to the team, hopefully making the team more competitive and go the extra mile to win silverware. Are the two youth players from Barca going to do that? Of course not.
The "youth policy" has to continue: the club will always need to sign new players in the youth ranks. There are not enough kids in Arsenal's "catchment" area to provide the necessary supply. However, what has to happen is the reliance on the youth players to move rapidly into the senior team.

Coney
03-07-2011, 01:18 PM
The "youth policy" has to continue: the club will always need to sign new players in the youth ranks. There are not enough kids in Arsenal's "catchment" area to provide the necessary supply. However, what has to happen is the reliance on the youth players to move rapidly into the senior team.

Agreed. We can still have the academy and youth players coming in. That has never been a problem here and it is exactly what manu do as well. However, what it needs is to be mixed with buying occasional established players and keeping a few key nucleus players to maintain a degree of consistency and experience to complement the injection of new talents.

milla
03-07-2011, 03:18 PM
TBH I am more concern if Cesc stays. Cant help but think that Cesc's body cant handle his new role behind the striker. He never got injured during 4-4-2 days but the new 4-3-3 really did his hamstring. :coffee:

Toronto Gooner
03-07-2011, 04:37 PM
TBH I am more concern if Cesc stays. Cant help but think that Cesc's body cant handle his new role behind the striker. He never got injured during 4-4-2 days but the new 4-3-3 really did his hamstring. :coffee:
Interesting thoughts that I would agree with.

Darth Vela
03-07-2011, 04:56 PM

I think the lack of rest has a bigger impact than the change of formation tbh, has taking less defensive responsibility really worked him harder?

milla
03-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I think the lack of rest has a bigger impact than the change of formation tbh, has taking less defensive responsibility really worked him harder?

Less defensive doesn't mean less running. Cesc hamstring was done by his offensive sprint to get behind the defenders. His body just cant handle it, it is not like jogging in midfield to cover the ground, this is the actual runs behind defensive line to get clear shot at goal. IMO it is no coincidence his injury plague started after Wenger moved him higher up the pitch.

:coffee:

Toronto Gooner
03-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Less defensive doesn't mean less running. Cesc hamstring was done by his offensive sprint to get behind the defenders. His body just cant handle it, it is not like jogging in midfield to cover the ground, this is the actual runs behind defensive line to get clear shot at goal. IMO it is no coincidence his injury plague started after Wenger moved him higher up the pitch.

:coffee:
And his lack of rest during the summers. I suppose the real question is whether Fabregas can recover his full fitness.

Darth Vela
03-07-2011, 05:33 PM
I don't think he runs any less or any more, imo it isn't a coincidence that his injury problems started after he went 2/3 years without a real summer break but I guess the evidence for both is pretty circumstantial.

Cripps_orig
06-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Andres Iniesta believes Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas could join him at Barcelona this summer, and says his international team-mate is “calm” about his current situation.

The Gunners midfielder has long been linked with a return to the Catalan giants after leaving the club to move to north London in 2003.

Iniesta told La Sexta: "I think that it's possible that the transfer will go ahead. I hope it does. I recently spoke with him by phone and he's very calm."

The Barcelona star also hit out at Real Madrid and Jose Mourinho for their conduct following the club's Champions League exit at the hands of Pep Guardiola’s men last season.

"Everybody has the freedom to do with his team whatever he wants. What Mourinho does with Real Madrid is not our business. However, certain things are simply not done and he crossed the line," he said.

"The truth is that there were a number of very uncomfortable moments and the lines of sportsmanship were crossed more than once."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2011/07/06/2562801/andres-iniesta-cesc-fabregas-is-calm-about-potential-move-to

Xavi says he hopes Barcelona will be able to sign Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal this summer.

The Gunners skipper has been linked with a move back to Camp Nou throughout the summer, with the Catalan giants believed to have made a second bid for him last week.

But Xavi admits that his fellow Spain international is in a difficult situation at the moment.

He was quoted as saying by Sport: "We all know Cesc and I really hope that the transfer goes ahead.

"He finds himself in a tough situation where he wants to move to Barcelona, but can't sign here because of his current club. Hopefully the move will take place, though, as he would really add something to the team."

Xavi is also hopeful his side can complete the signing of Udinese’s Alexis Sanchez, who he says would “fit in perfectly” at Camp Nou.

"I know Alexis pretty well because we played against each other at the 2010 World Cup. He is an outstanding player and it would be an extraordinary transfer if we manage to sign him," he added.

"I have closely followed him at Udinese and he plays at such a high level. He's physically very strong and is incredibly dangerous in one-on-one situations. He's always working hard for the team and is simply a great player. He would fit in perfectly at Barcelona."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2011/07/06/2562904/xavi-hopeful-barcelona-can-sign-arsenals-cesc-fabregas

2 of the biggest cunts in football

Joker
06-07-2011, 01:45 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2011/07/06/2562801/andres-iniesta-cesc-fabregas-is-calm-about-potential-move-to

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2011/07/06/2562904/xavi-hopeful-barcelona-can-sign-arsenals-cesc-fabregas

Absolutely world class footballers though.

IBK
06-07-2011, 01:48 PM

God i hate it when this lot start. Funny, but I'm becoming slightly hopeful that cesc is staying. After all, unlike Nasri - he's tied into a long contract, innit?

Marc Overmars
06-07-2011, 01:48 PM
He is meeting Vinger this week apparently to sort out a solution to the saga. He doesn't want to go on the Asia tour and wants to leave before then so say the rags.

Master Splinter
06-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Leave him in Asia imvhuo.

Joker
06-07-2011, 01:51 PM
He is meeting Vinger this week apparently to sort out a solution to the saga. He doesn't want to go on the Asia tour and wants to leave before then so say the rags.

Should definitely get it sorted out before we leave for Asia. If he's with the squad at our pre-season tour, with his future still uncertain, it could destabilise the whole squad even more, and we don't need anything to disrupt our preparations, especially with such a tough start to the season. Let's sell wantaway players as soon as possible, so that Wenger can work with the players who actually want to remain at the club and in whom we will be relying on this season.

IBK
06-07-2011, 01:53 PM

Funny, but on this one I don't believe a word the rags say. they were wrong about him leaving last season, and IMHO much of their supposed 'news' is misinformation originating from Catalunya in an attempt to force the issue. I find it far, far more likely that Cesc's camp is saying nothing...

Marc Overmars
06-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Funny, but on this one I don't believe a word the rags say. they were wrong about him leaving last season, and IMHO much of their supposed 'news' is misinformation originating from Catalunya in an attempt to force the issue. I find it far, far more likely that Cesc's camp is saying nothing...

Cesc's camp is Xavi, Pique & co...

Cripps_orig
06-07-2011, 01:55 PM

As a great man once said

"you say it best when you say nothing at all"

Master Splinter
06-07-2011, 02:00 PM
As a great man once said

"you say it best when you say nothing at all"

Keith Whitley :bow:

LDG
06-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Sorry, but wft is Xavi talking about. "Because of his current club".

You having a laugh you cunt?

It's because your club can't afford him.

Fuck off.

Japan Shaking All Over
06-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Cesc's camp is Xavi, Pique & co...

Pique is an absolute twat. . .even my Buddhist teachings says its alright for something to happen to him

selassie
06-07-2011, 02:56 PM

Luckily we hold all the cards in this deal. It is pretty much a case of Cesc goes when we decide.

Fist of Lehmann
06-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Pique is an absolute twat. . .even my Buddhist teachings says its alright for something to happen to him

That's the koan that goes: "Karma's a bitch 'ain't it?"

Buddha :bow:

Fats
06-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Dont know why this is still being debated.

Cesc has a contract with Arsenal which he signed.

Barca are not offering what he is worth.

No more discussion is neccessary

Japan Shaking All Over
06-07-2011, 03:13 PM
fair enough.....I can live that.......

sounds similar as why we cant seem to land Cahill

budesonide
06-07-2011, 04:39 PM
fair enough.....I can live that.......

sounds similar as why we cant seem to land Cahill

yeah, but you know, we are poor and the market is immorally inflated :yawn:

Cripps_orig
06-07-2011, 05:32 PM
DANI ALVES has pleaded with Arsenal to let Cesc Fabregas realise his dream of playing for Barcelona.

The European champions are locked in talks with the Gunners over their £40million-rated captain.

Barca have tabled a £31m offer for Fabregas with a further £5m based on appearances and performances.

Arsenal, however, are refusing to sell below their asking price and are threatening to hold the 24-year-old midfielder to his contract.

But Alves, who engineered his exit from Seville three years ago after a public war of words with president Jose Maria del Nido, reckons Arsene Wenger should be more understanding.

And the Brazilian claims Fabregas must be allowed to move to further his career after eight years in north London.

Alves said: "I understand Cesc — I went through the same thing.

"I forced my departure from Seville. It is always important to do well.

"A club should not be disappointed that a player wants to go, but we must be sensitive."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3680672/Dani-Alves-Arsenal-should-let-Cesc-Fabregas-realise-his-Barcelona-dream.html#ixzz1RLbXmLC0

Another cunt

Toronto Gooner
07-07-2011, 02:44 AM
As far as I recall, Alves is playing for Brasil in the Copa America. What is he doing talking about a player who plays for another club and is not featuring in the tournament! Can anyone who does not accept that Fabregas and his advisers are orchestrating this whole saga please explain these comments?

Japan Shaking All Over
07-07-2011, 03:01 AM
whether its agents......current Barnuts or ex.....it will only end when the guy goes for the price we should insist on........

"I forced my departure from Seville

wanker.......but that's the way it is now.........

Darth Vela
07-07-2011, 10:41 AM
As far as I recall, Alves is playing for Brasil in the Copa America. What is he doing talking about a player who plays for another club and is not featuring in the tournament! Can anyone who does not accept that Fabregas and his advisers are orchestrating this whole saga please explain these comments?

I'm pretty sure every Barca player gets asked the same thing every time they're interviewed, so what about that Cesc fella, eh?

That can't help.

Cripps_orig
07-07-2011, 07:36 PM
CESC FABREGAS has told his Arsenal team-mates: I'll never play for the Gunners again.

The wantaway skipper made the shock admission as pre-season training started this week.

Barcelona have offered £31.6million for Fabregas, but Arsenal want £40m.

Fabregas is anxious for the deal to go through before Sunday as he does not want to travel with Arsenal on their tour of Malaysia and China.

Barca director Javier Bordas said last night: "It's true the player is making gestures to come to Barcelona."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3681853/Cesc-Fabregas-has-told-his-Arsenal-team-mates-hell-never-play-for-the-club-again.html#ixzz1RRxE8BPJ

Someone kill him asap

Xhaka Can’t
07-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Someone kill him asap

Did they find that out by hacking into his phone?

Cripps_orig
07-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Did they find that out by hacking into his phone?

Probably.

Someone kill them as well

Master Splinter
07-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Why is it a 'shock admission'? :lol:

Joker
07-07-2011, 08:51 PM
This really needs to be sorted out before we go on our pre-season tour to Asia. If this isn't settled by then, it'll seriously disrupt our preparations, with article after article being published about Cesc to Barca, which can't be good for the squad morale. Hopefully we sell Cesc as soon as possible, and get a top quality replacement in sharpish. Then we can finally concentrate on the players who want to play for the club.

And I don't buy the argument that Cesc is innocent in all this. He could have clarified his position on countless occasions, but has kept silent, which has simply added fuel to the fire and stimulated more inference and innuendo. I think he could easily have told his Barca friends to stop commenting on his future, because it risked destabilising the club, but the fact that players like Xavi, Iniesta etc keep talking about Cesc's desire to leave suggests that Cesc hasn't told them to keep quiet, and may even be encouraging these remarks, to force Arsenal's hand and weaken our position, therefore making it easier for Cesc to leave on a reduced fee.

fakeyank
07-07-2011, 09:09 PM
This really needs to be sorted out before we go on our pre-season tour to Asia. If this isn't settled by then, it'll seriously disrupt our preparations, with article after article being published about Cesc to Barca, which can't be good for the squad morale. Hopefully we sell Cesc as soon as possible, and get a top quality replacement in sharpish. Then we can finally concentrate on the players who want to play for the club.

And I don't buy the argument that Cesc is innocent in all this. He could have clarified his position on countless occasions, but has kept silent, which has simply added fuel to the fire and stimulated more inference and innuendo. I think he could easily have told his Barca friends to stop commenting on his future, because it risked destabilising the club, but the fact that players like Xavi, Iniesta etc keep talking about Cesc's desire to leave suggests that Cesc hasn't told them to keep quiet, and may even be encouraging these remarks, to force Arsenal's hand and weaken our position, therefore making it easier for Cesc to leave on a reduced fee.

What can Cesc really do? He can ask Xavi and co. to STFU but what if the higher ups at Barca are instructing them to do the dirty work? Are they going to listen to Cesc or the people paying their paycheck?
I understand why Cesc wants to leave. He has carried dead log around him for 6 of his 8 years at Arsenal. He has paid his dues and IMO doing everything the right way. He is not commenting because he is stuck in a dilemma. He wants to leave the team but he doesnt want to disrespect Arsenal, so what better thing to do than to shut up?

I wish we can sort this out but unfortunately it wont be. AW and the board should be decisive enough to tell the players and the clubs interested in them to do business by August 1 or forget about signing them unless they are ready to pay way over the top. Of course that wont be happening because this is the 'waiting period' for all clubs :doh:

Cripps_orig
07-07-2011, 09:22 PM
This really needs to be sorted out before we go on our pre-season tour to Asia. If this isn't settled by then, it'll seriously disrupt our preparations, with article after article being published about Cesc to Barca, which can't be good for the squad morale. Hopefully we sell Cesc as soon as possible, and get a top quality replacement in sharpish. Then we can finally concentrate on the players who want to play for the club.And I don't buy the argument that Cesc is innocent in all this. He could have clarified his position on countless occasions, but has kept silent, which has simply added fuel to the fire and stimulated more inference and innuendo. I think he could easily have told his Barca friends to stop commenting on his future, because it risked destabilising the club, but the fact that players like Xavi, Iniesta etc keep talking about Cesc's desire to leave suggests that Cesc hasn't told them to keep quiet, and may even be encouraging these remarks, to force Arsenal's hand and weaken our position, therefore making it easier for Cesc to leave on a reduced fee.Cesc is in no way innocent in this. He's acted a cunt throughout with all his pining and shit and his unprofessionalism on the pitch where he's been absolute shite for 18 months. Maybe had he actually given a fuck during those 18 months, we'd have a trophy to show for it. I don't give a fuck if he goes but I don't want him to go for peanuts which Wenger will no doubt sell him for

Darth Vela
07-07-2011, 09:25 PM
I dunno, I think the amount he'd played without a break, weakening his hammies had for more of an effect on his form than him daydreaming about Xavi whilst he meanders around our midfield. I don't think he's whiter than white over all this but he's still pretty professional on the pitch.

Xhaka Can’t
07-07-2011, 09:37 PM
What can Cesc really do? He can ask Xavi and co. to STFU but what if the higher ups at Barca are instructing them to do the dirty work? Are they going to listen to Cesc or the people paying their paycheck?
I understand why Cesc wants to leave. He has carried dead log around him for 6 of his 8 years at Arsenal. He has paid his dues and IMO doing everything the right way. He is not commenting because he is stuck in a dilemma. He wants to leave the team but he doesnt want to disrespect Arsenal, so what better thing to do than to shut up?

I wish we can sort this out but unfortunately it wont be. AW and the board should be decisive enough to tell the players and the clubs interested in them to do business by August 1 or forget about signing them unless they are ready to pay way over the top. Of course that wont be happening because this is the 'waiting period' for all clubs :doh:

Cesc himself was deadwood last season.

fakeyank
07-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Oh well, my bad. I mean the seasons before that. His injury was also given as an explanation by AW for us not to winning a trophy. Too much expectation from him but none of his expectations are met.

IBK
08-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Cesc is in no way innocent in this. He's acted a cunt throughout with all his pining and shit and his unprofessionalism on the pitch where he's been absolute shite for 18 months. Maybe had he actually given a fuck during those 18 months, we'd have a trophy to show for it. I don't give a fuck if he goes but I don't want him to go for peanuts which Wenger will no doubt sell him for

Cesc/Nasri - compare and contrast?

Kano
08-07-2011, 02:01 PM

what difference does it make? its been in the air for almost two years now and footballers so regularly whore themselves out, they are used to hearing colleagues want to leave as at some point they will be in the same situation no doubt.

telling xavi and co to shut up would make little difference, why would they care about distabilising the club?

what I would dearly love to happen is for man city to start stamping on some necks. put in £250m bid for messi, 300k wages and sit back. our first reaction would be that he wouldn't want to come, which is probably true. but can anyone say that barca wouldn't want to consider that sort of money right now? do the same for Madrid and ronaldo. these dicks have run the game like this for years and i would LOVE to see someone slap them up in the same way

Master Splinter
08-07-2011, 04:22 PM

I want both of them gone as soon as possible. No point keeping fair-weather, clearly uncommited divas/players.

Obviously prefer them both to go overseas, because even shit/pointless ex-players like Thomas, Bentley and Aliadiere always score against us.

Aliadiere scoring against us :banghead: :doh: :ilt:.

Master Splinter
08-07-2011, 04:24 PM
what I would dearly love to happen is for man city to start stamping on some necks. put in £250m bid for messi, 300k wages and sit back. our first reaction would be that he wouldn't want to come, which is probably true. but can anyone say that barca wouldn't want to consider that sort of money right now? do the same for Madrid and ronaldo. these dicks have run the game like this for years and i would LOVE to see someone slap them up in the same way

:gp:

This sport is such a farce now so this would sum up the madness quite well.

dazthegooner
08-07-2011, 04:50 PM
The thing is I cannot see how these guys can spend the amount of money they do because they have no hope of recouping it, so either they don't care about money (which i very much doubt) or they must be laundering money through the club...

Xhaka Can’t
08-07-2011, 07:29 PM

One looks like a lezza and the other looks mean in leather and spits in the face of Oompa Loompas.

Toronto Gooner
09-07-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm pretty sure every Barca player gets asked the same thing every time they're interviewed, so what about that Cesc fella, eh?

That can't help.
I do not doubt that they are asked the question. However, I personally think that he should say "I am in Argentina, playing for my country, and am willing to answer question on that subject."

Toronto Gooner
09-07-2011, 01:03 PM
I was going to make this a separate thread but here is best:

Barca 'offer to sign Neymar in January'

Barcelona have made an offer to sign Neymar after the Club World Cup, ESPNsoccernet understands.

Real Madrid have, as has been established, already agreed to meet the €45 million buy-out clause for the player and are keen to complete a deal this summer, but there have been indications from Santos that the player wants to stay on until after December's Club World Cup tournament in Japan.

Barca have therefore said that they will wait until January before signing the Brazil international in a bid to beat Madrid to the deal.

A source close to the transfer told ESPNsoccernet:"Real Madrid have a deal in place, but Barcelona are trying to stop it going through this summer, and have put forward their own deal.

"Both clubs have agreed to meet the buy-out clause of €45 million, and while Real will go through with the transfer, there is a suspicion that Barcelona don't have that kind of ready funds and are just trying to stall the move to Real.

It had been widely reported in Brazil that Chelsea were among the clubs to have agreed to meet Neymar's release clause, but it appears that is not the case.

"They have said they won't pay," the source added. "They will not spend that kind of money on a teenager who has not been tried in the Premier League."

Neymar's father has publicly declared that Neymar wants to compete in the Club World Cup with Santos in December, which makes the Barca deal attractive, but a move to Madrid still appears the more likely.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/933312/%27barcelona-make-offer-to-sign-neymar-in-january%27?cc=5901

Let me see, an unproven 19-year-old from Brasil (who played crap for Brasil last week) is worth €45 million but a proven club captain with PL, CL, European Championship and World Cup experience is only worth only €35 million. How many times does this have to happen before Fabregas realises that Barca are just "not that into him"? :)

Olivier's xmas twist
09-07-2011, 01:21 PM
I was going to make this a separate thread but here is best:

Barca 'offer to sign Neymar in January'

Barcelona have made an offer to sign Neymar after the Club World Cup, ESPNsoccernet understands.

Real Madrid have, as has been established, already agreed to meet the €45 million buy-out clause for the player and are keen to complete a deal this summer, but there have been indications from Santos that the player wants to stay on until after December's Club World Cup tournament in Japan.

Barca have therefore said that they will wait until January before signing the Brazil international in a bid to beat Madrid to the deal.

A source close to the transfer told ESPNsoccernet:"Real Madrid have a deal in place, but Barcelona are trying to stop it going through this summer, and have put forward their own deal.

"Both clubs have agreed to meet the buy-out clause of €45 million, and while Real will go through with the transfer, there is a suspicion that Barcelona don't have that kind of ready funds and are just trying to stall the move to Real.

It had been widely reported in Brazil that Chelsea were among the clubs to have agreed to meet Neymar's release clause, but it appears that is not the case.

"They have said they won't pay," the source added. "They will not spend that kind of money on a teenager who has not been tried in the Premier League."

Neymar's father has publicly declared that Neymar wants to compete in the Club World Cup with Santos in December, which makes the Barca deal attractive, but a move to Madrid still appears the more likely.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/933312/%27barcelona-make-offer-to-sign-neymar-in-january%27?cc=5901

Let me see, an unproven 19-year-old from Brasil (who played crap for Brasil last week) is worth €45 million but a proven club captain with PL, CL, European Championship and World Cup experience is only worth only €35 million. How many times does this have to happen before Fabregas realises that Barca are just "not that into him"? :)

But Nemar has not said he only wants to go barca, neither barca players beeing banging on about him to come. too diffrent situations tbh. Barca believe that fab should be theres because of "how we took him" they don't see that with Neymar.

End of the day if we accpet an offer of 50million from madrid see how quickly barca will raise their offer.

BOBN
09-07-2011, 02:43 PM
He has carried dead log around him for 6 of his 8 years at Arsenal. He has paid his dues and IMO doing everything the right way.
utter rubbish.

first couple years you admit he was a passenger. seriously he looked like the work experience boy when he was playing with the invincibles. ashley cole didnt call him a featherweight for nothing.

the year after he didnt carry gilberto for shyt. also if you remember cesc could not buy a goal until the last couple games and people were saying he needed to develop composure. an offensive mid who cant score LOLZ.

07/08. who did he carry from hleb, flamini and rosicky? it was a joint effort. good start to the season but he faded badly. when it was time to actually do some "carrying" he was nowhere to be seen.

08/09. I hold him personally responsible for the home defeats against teams like hull. as soon as he got "injured" we finally stopped leaking goals and went on out long unbeaten run with song-denilson. unfortunatly the overrated fraud nasri was incapable of creating shyt so wenger was forced to buy arshavin to save our season.

09/10 top season for the lad, fair enough

10/11 shyt

so one top season in 8 years....thats not carrying. weve done more for him than him us.

Joker
09-07-2011, 02:48 PM
utter rubbish.

first couple years you admit he was a passenger. seriously he looked like the work experience boy when he was playing with the invincibles. ashley cole didnt call him a featherweight for nothing.

the year after he didnt carry gilberto for shyt. also if you remember cesc could not buy a goal until the last couple games and people were saying he needed to develop composure. an offensive mid who cant score LOLZ.

07/08. who did he carry from hleb, flamini and rosicky? it was a joint effort. good start to the season but he faded badly. when it was time to actually do some "carrying" he was nowhere to be seen.

08/09. I hold him personally responsible for the home defeats against teams like hull. as soon as he got "injured" we finally stopped leaking goals and went on out long unbeaten run with song-denilson. unfortunatly the overrated fraud nasri was incapable of creating shyt so wenger was forced to buy arshavin to save our season.

10/11 shyt

so one top season in 8 years....thats not carrying. weve done more for him than him us.

Agreed I think Cesc is a good footballer but massively overrated, based on his contributions for the club. Moreover, he appears quite injury prone, having suffered long term injuries for the last three seasons. He could become a top quality player, but he's far from the finished article, and some weaknesses in his game have persisted with him for 5 years now. Moreover, he behaves like a spoilt brat at times on the pitch, which explains why away games can sometimes be such hostile occasions, because Cesc is detested by opposition fans and many players, which gives them an extra incentive to put in more effort against us.

Kano
09-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Moreover, he behaves like a spoilt brat at times on the pitch, which explains why away games can sometimes be such hostile occasions, because Cesc is detested by opposition fans and many players, which gives them an extra incentive to put in more effort against us.
yes i'm sure that is all down to one player and not down to the manager or other players at all. who cares how he acts on the pitch, he's far from alone in that regard when you look at other teams at the top end of the league. we're a top 4 team, so teams have all the incentive they need to put that extra mile in.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-07-2011, 04:01 PM
although I have watched in awe him play and do some things that are quite outstanding......I am still yet to see him carry the team as a captain should......

in fact the opposite has been more evident, as a captain you should be the one who steps up, puts in that little extra to show the team what you expect, that you are prepared to die in the gama at hand

the onply thing I have seen him do that a captain is allowed to from time to time is give the ref an earful

if he is to stay, he needs to learn the art of leadership both on and off the field

Toronto Gooner
09-07-2011, 04:31 PM
although I have watched in awe him play and do some things that are quite outstanding......I am still yet to see him carry the team as a captain should......
I agree with this, and would add that I have not seen him become the difference in a game, like Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, Messi, Ronaldo, etc. Even Ozil has been the difference between Germany winning a game and losing or drawing it.

Toronto Gooner
09-07-2011, 04:36 PM
But Nemar has not said he only wants to go barca, neither barca players beeing banging on about him to come. too diffrent situations tbh. Barca believe that fab should be theres because of "how we took him" they don't see that with Neymar.

End of the day if we accpet an offer of 50million from madrid see how quickly barca will raise their offer.
I agree that they are two different situations. However, it seems that Barcelona want people to accept that "having Barca DNA and all the rest of the nauseating stuff" not only justifies €10 million less but also negates 5 years of European club experience and national team success.

cricketsi
09-07-2011, 05:08 PM
I hope that if/when we sell him our players incessantly bombard the media with statements about Cesc's Arsenal DNA and how he will eventually come home.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-07-2011, 05:19 PM
I hope that if/when we sell him our players incessantly bombard the media with statements about Cesc's Arsenal DNA and how he will eventually come home.

Hope not make us sound like silly desperate cunts tbh. Rather they said nothing and prove to the world they can win the league/cl

Japan Shaking All Over
09-07-2011, 05:26 PM
not worth the hassle of stooping to Barcas level
just will be a classic case of 'move on'

Olivier's xmas twist
09-07-2011, 05:38 PM
not worth the hassle of stooping to Barcas level
just will be a classic case of 'move on'

This....

IBK
09-07-2011, 09:27 PM
utter rubbish.

10/11 shyt

Bit extreme but I see where you're coming from.

Cripps_orig
11-07-2011, 08:23 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2011/07/11/2570544/barcelona-star-pedro-would-be-very-happy-with-the-signings

Pedros turn

Niall_Quinn
11-07-2011, 09:18 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2011/07/11/2570544/barcelona-star-pedro-would-be-very-happy-with-the-signings

Pedros turn

I thought he was doing it next week? Sneaky bastards have randomised the tapping-up schedule.

Kano
11-07-2011, 09:23 PM
bless pedro, he really thinks his opinion counts

LDG
12-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Just reading through Wenger's interview regarding Cesc again....hmm...looks like he's leaving it in Cesc's hands to me.

Arsène Wenger hopes to convince Cesc Fabregas that the greatest achievement of his career would be to stay at Arsenal and lead them to glory.

The Spanish midfielder has been linked with a move to Barcelona throughout this summer and discussed his situation with the manager when he returned to pre-season training last week.

As expected, the future of Fabregas was the major talking point for the media when Arsenal touched down in Malaysia on Monday for the start of their Asia Tour.

The 24-year-old was not on the plane because of injury however his manager believes the captain will be keeping the armband this season.

“I am confident because I hope he will see that there will be no greater achievement for him in his life than to lead this team to success and that it will not be the right period for him to leave the Club,” said Wenger.

"I think Cesc has always been torn between his love for Arsenal - that I feel is really genuine – and, something you can understand, the desire to play for the biggest team at the moment in the world. I think both exist in his head.

"But you can only be in if you are completely in. He is the leader of the team. He has to be completely focused and convinced that he wants to stay.

“Some people questioned him last season but I never question his commitment. This guy is a real winner and if he had not the season we expected, it was down to injuries. He played in some games where he was not right completely but he wanted to play and to win.”

The manager revealed he would not keep Fabregas if the player was adamant about his desire to go but the Frenchman was at pains to point out that, if the midfielder does move away, finances would not be a factor.

“We want to keep him and, for us, it's not a question of money,” said Wenger. “We are not here to make the money. We are here to keep our best players. We have managed the Club to be in a position to say 'no'. For any money.

"We have that potential to do it because we are in a healthy financial situation. But on the other hand, you need as well the player wanting to be with you.

“I have heard people say that we do not want to keep Cesc. We are desperate to keep Cesc! And we will fight for everything because you do not educate a player for eight years as we have done only to want him to go once he is at an age to deliver. We want to keep the team together.

“If we wanted to make a money situation and wanted to sell the player, we put him on the market and we ask 'who gives more?' But that would not be the conversation. For us, it's not a question of money. It is a question of Cesc wanting to be with us. And I think he is torn because he loves the Club deeply. But we will fight until the last second to keep him.”

I think if fabregas truly wants out now, he'll be allowed to go.

If he stays, we've got our captain back again, and wanting to play for us. It's that simple IMO.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-07-2011, 02:06 PM
It's a question of Barcelona offering what we want I think. The rest is almost windowdressing.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-07-2011, 03:54 PM
It's a question of Barcelona offering what we want I think. The rest is almost windowdressing.

this

believe that Arsenal are sticking to their guns about a price......so be it one that we are not all in agreemnet on (reckon 35 mil could open the door) and Barca are not going there, well not just yet! theres legs in this saga yet

Wenger saying he wants it all sorted is all fair and well but there is every chance Cesc could go on the last day of August and there is nothing we can do about it........

31 mil was the last bid, right! if we held out for 4 mil more then we would have the difference we were moaning about regarding Cahills transfer.........wait up!

http://jeremywaite.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/blackadder_cunningfox.jpg?w=600&h=260

Cripps_orig
13-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes has welcomed the potential arrival of Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal.

The Gunners midfielder has long been linked with a return to Camp Nou after leaving the club in 2003, and the La Liga giants are rumoured to have made an improved bid for the Spaniard last week.

Valdes says his international team-mate would not have a problem adapting to Barca’s style of play, and claims the Arsenal star is relishing the prospect of returning to his former club, while adding that Udinese’s Alexis Sanchez would also be a good signing for Pep Guardiola’s men.

He told Barcelona’s official website: "Cesc is excited about coming back here and I’d like that. His way of playing would mean he’d have no problems adapting and he’d bring a lot of quality.

"Sanchez surprised me at last year’s World Cup. He’s very good, very fast and his main virtue is his ability to beat a man. He is undoubtedly a really valid option and a very good striker."

Valdes also set his sights on retaining the La Liga title and the Champions League this season, adding: "I’m really keen to get the season under way and [am] excited about the new challenges we’ll be facing as we fight to retain all our titles."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2011/07/13/2572671/victor-valdes-insists-cesc-fabregas-would-have-no-problems

Ok, who had Valdes on 13th July? Any takers?

LDG
13-07-2011, 11:49 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2011/07/13/2572671/victor-valdes-insists-cesc-fabregas-would-have-no-problems

Ok, who had Valdes on 13th July? Any takers?

*screws up Iniesta sweepstake ticket*

<_<

Japan Shaking All Over
13-07-2011, 12:19 PM
surely weve heard from all of their first team ?
must be getting on to the backroom staff by now!

20 quid on the twam bus driver saying how he would love to drive Cesc to Benidorm

Master Splinter
13-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Cruyff piped up yet?

Darth Vela
13-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Nah, Bergkamp's got him in a headlock and is refusing to let him go until he promises not to do anything to harm Arsenal, he's a pretty benevolent deity tbh.

Master Splinter
13-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas is 'suffering' over wish to join Barcelona, says Xavi

The transfer saga of Fabregas returning to his former club has been one of the most protracted, ongoing rumours in modern football, but Xavi reckons his compatriot has made his preference of a return to the European champions clear.

Xavi said: "I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering because he wanted to come.

"It's more like, he did everything he could to come and wants to leave Arsenal - although he made it clear that now everything depends on the selling club."

Fabregas, 24, is a product of the Barcelona youth system but joined Arsenal (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/) in 2003 and has since become a key figure at the club.

Despite Xavi's revelations, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said on Monday that he sees Fabregas leading his club in the hunt for trophies in the coming season.

"Cesc loves the club and hopefully we will manage," Wenger said. "We know that this story for Barcelona has gone on for years now, we have to close that and focus on the season, hopefully with Cesc Fabregas."

With constant rumours linking Fabregas and Samir Nasri to moves away from the Emirates and Gael Clichy already signing for Manchester City, Wenger may enter the campaign with a new-look squad having already signed Charlton youngster Carl Jenkinson and Lille forward Gervinho.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8635045/Arsenal-midfielder-Cesc-Fabregas-is-suffering-over-wish-to-join-Barcelona-says-Xavi.html

:haha:

Poor Cesc :(

Injury Time
13-07-2011, 03:59 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8635045/Arsenal-midfielder-Cesc-Fabregas-is-suffering-over-wish-to-join-Barcelona-says-Xavi.html

As someone already posted needs to man up and put in transfer request or STFU and tell his "mates" to do the same :rolleyes:

Master Splinter
13-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Xavi's bullshit is on their official website too :lol: :

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada11-12/07/13/n110713118393.html

More than a club :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
13-07-2011, 04:44 PM
yes indeed Master

we are mere shades in comparison..........only my MOC membership keeps me from throwing myself off the nearest bridge

gunnerrrrr
13-07-2011, 07:29 PM
listen to this guys....
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/kickoff/blog/2011-07-13/hunter-cesc-fabregas-so-determined-leave-arsenal-he-would-be-willing-move-manchester-city?

budesonide
13-07-2011, 07:30 PM
listen to this guys....
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/kickoff/blog/2011-07-13/hunter-cesc-fabregas-so-determined-leave-arsenal-he-would-be-willing-move-manchester-city?

Hunter: Cesc Fabregas is so determined to leave Arsenal he would be willing to move to Manchester City

Boss
13-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Hunter is talking shite.

gunnerrrrr
13-07-2011, 07:41 PM
even suggested Cesc has no faith in the Arsenal set up, including the fact that he has had a troublesum hamstring which the club has not sorted out, Cesc has his own team of fitness coaches etc.

PS This chap Graham Hunter needs a right slap, arrogant cunt

Boss
13-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Wenger tells Xavi to STFU

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has blasted Xavi's comments about Cesc Fabregas, claiming the midfielder has been "very disrespectful" to the club.

Fabregas had indicated last summer that he was keen to return to Barcelona, but Arsenal rejected two bids and stressed that they had no intention of allowing their captain to leave.

It had appeared a move was on the cards this summer when an unnamed Arsenal director told the BBC that Fabregas would be allowed to leave should a suitable bid arrive, but manager Arsene Wenger has since outlined his determination to keep the player at the Emirates.

However, Xavi told the Barcelona website on Wednesday: "I spoke to Cesc in Ibiza and he said he was suffering because he wanted to come. It's more like he did everything he could to come and wants to leave Arsenal - although he made it clear that now everything depends on the selling club.''

When asked about this latest development, the Arsenal manager was not pleased, and replied: "I cannot comment on every comment [involving Fabregas]. What is important is Cesc has a contract with Arsenal, and we want to keep him."

Wenger also did not mince words about Xavi's comments.

"A mutual respect should stand between the two clubs", the manager said. "Xavi has been very disrespectful to Arsenal football club."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/934217/arsene-wenger-blasts-?&cc=4716

budesonide
13-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Wenger tells Xavi to STFU

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/934217/arsene-wenger-blasts-?&cc=4716

Didn't sagna --our own player -- recently say Fabregas wants to leave?

Everyman and his dog gets the idea now -- so why are we getting our knickers in a twist over what cesc's friends are saying?

If they are lying, then cesc should man up and come out and say "Xavi is not my friend and he is an oleaginous scummy dirty catalan arse!" -- case closed.

Kano
13-07-2011, 07:57 PM
that should add another £5 mill to the fee me thinks

budesonide
13-07-2011, 08:01 PM
that's if we are prepared to keep a sulky uninterested git who is our highest paid player around for 3 years and endure this destabilising saga for the next three summers.

Kano
13-07-2011, 08:05 PM
i think the club will and should do. doesn't matter how badly he wants to leave, barca need to understand they cant continue to bully the situation in this way. shut up, pay the cash and he's yours.

and really, how badly do you want the guy? if i was cesc i'd be pissed at barca. they haggle over his fee yet are prepared to slap down more for sanchez after a couple months and risk not getting cesc at all? doesn't seem he's that highly valued.

budesonide
13-07-2011, 08:09 PM
well, not really.

as far as he is concerned he just wants to bugger off.

barca are merely exploiting the situation to their advantage -- because guess what, they don't need cesc; but it will great if they get him. The only one suffering is us! It is damaging and destabilizing the longer this goes on -- barca know this.

Kano
13-07-2011, 08:14 PM
i don't see how. this has been in the air since last summer. players move all the time and have speculation all the time. they are more than used to hearing about bs and media talking about them and i doubt it affects them at all.

the fans shit themselves for sure thats a different kettle of fish.

dazthegooner
13-07-2011, 08:15 PM
We to be fair to Xavi when he made that comment he had his mums cock in his mouth dirty bastard :ninja:

budesonide
13-07-2011, 08:18 PM
except from all indications cesc doesn't give a shit about playing here anymore.

if you go by what wenger recently said about cesc having to decide himself whether his heart is in it or not. Clearly the dude's head is turned now.

Kano
13-07-2011, 08:22 PM
except from all indications cesc doesn't give a shit about playing here anymore.

if you go by what wenger recently said about cesc having to decide himself whether his heart is in it or not. Clearly the dude's head is turned now.

that isn't destabilising the club, it's the player only.

budesonide
13-07-2011, 08:29 PM
except the player is a key member of the squad -- the club captain?

let's strip him of the band and give it to someone else yet have him run our midfield unmotivated and disinterested and on the highest wage at the club.

that's pretty calming for the club, I suppose.

budesonide
13-07-2011, 08:33 PM
by the way -- the next 3 years cesc is going to be earning 57 million (and that is a conservative estimate)!

that is quite expensive for player who wants to gtfo.

Power n Glory
13-07-2011, 08:35 PM
A lot of our guys are now coming out and saying how important Cesc is to our team. Stripping him of the armband would cause a division and unnecessary strife.

Kano
13-07-2011, 08:38 PM
except the player is a key member of the squad -- the club captain?

let's strip him of the band and give it to someone else yet have him run our midfield unmotivated and disinterested and on the highest wage at the club.

that's pretty calming for the club, I suppose.
they've heard it all for a year and know he wants to go. as i said, they deal with this media talk all the time and at one time or another will be facing it themselves.

the fans create it into a 'club crisis' but it clearly isn't that bad. not ideal for the captain to be in this situation but i could think of far worse

budesonide
13-07-2011, 08:46 PM
what is far worse?

the club captain telling his friends that he wants to leave and that the decision is upto the selling club?

his own teammate coming out to say he wants to leave?

how is that being whipped up into a crisis?

You have the captain pretty much give an interview slamming the manager's policies during the course of the season and giving all indication that he's lost faith in the system.

If you want to believe that it is all just a minor tiff that's fine.

LDG
14-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Wish we'd just get shot of him and move on.

Özim
14-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Well Barca don't seem to want to pay up, looks like we'll either keep him or lose him at the last minute when we come to some sort of agreement with no replacement lined-up.

LDG
14-07-2011, 08:37 AM
:ilt:

Olivier's xmas twist
14-07-2011, 10:55 AM

Mirror Mirror on the wall Xavi is the biggest barca cunt of them all

Olivier's xmas twist
14-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Wish we'd just get shot of him and move on.

Same id hope AW would man up and flogg him to madrid

Mr.Singh
14-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Cesc must be really suffering when he is picking up £100,000k a week.....Wenger should just fuck this cunt off let him go suck Barca cock all day along

Kano
14-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Same id hope AW would man up and flogg him to madrid

yes of course as cesc would have no say in the matter right?

Xhaka Can’t
14-07-2011, 01:14 PM
yes of course as cesc would have no say in the matter right?

Unfortunately having him under contract doesn't mean we can sell his soul to FC Tikrit just to piss everyone off.

Kano
14-07-2011, 01:25 PM
he's spanish so he has no soul

dazthegooner
14-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Accoring to the Daily star (yeah I know) he's willing to take a pay cut why not pay the extra transfer fee himself if he wants out!

LDG
14-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Hymmmmppppppi just mentioned it in "starting line up thread", but does anyone else think Cesc is a gonner, and that's why we're keeping Nasri??

There's a defo possibility I reckon.

problem is, it'll likely be for 31.6mil.

Darth Vela
14-07-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm practically certain that's why we're keeping him, losing Cesc AND Nasri this summer would be too big a blow, regardless of how good Rambo and Wilshere are they're not up to that scratch yet, so we need to keep one of our main creative forces here for at least another season.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Hymmmmppppppi just mentioned it in "starting line up thread", but does anyone else think Cesc is a gonner, and that's why we're keeping Nasri??

There's a defo possibility I reckon.

problem is, it'll likely be for 31.6mil.

any fool can see cesc is gone like Modric is gone too. I think once the right bid comes he is gone hency why AW is begging nas to stay(sure he will sign a new deal too)

Cripps_orig
15-07-2011, 03:32 PM
The mayor of Cesc Fabregas's hometown near Barcelona has claimed Arsenal's attempts to stop him joining the Catalans is like a "kidnapping".

Fabregas, 24, has made no secret of his wish to return one day to the club he left as a 16-year-old in 2003 but has stopped short of publicly demanding a transfer.

"We want him to come right away, he is experiencing a kidnapping," Estanislau Fors i Garcia, the mayor of Catalan town Arenys de Mar where Fabregas grew up, was quoted as saying in Barcelona-based daily Sport.

"If the English are so honourable they should behave properly," he added.

"He (Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger) has to stop clowning around because it's disorienting for all of us."

Fabregas, who is Arsenal's captain, is valued at around £40 million, with Barcelona willing to pay around £10m short of that.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com//15072011/58/la-liga-mayor-cesc-kidnapped-arsenal.html

What an absolute cunt of a city

Marc Overmars
15-07-2011, 03:36 PM
I'd love to be kidnapped whilst being paid 100k a week.

Cunts.

dazthegooner
15-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Kidknapping huh maybe we should release him to Barca for nothing then as a gesture of goodwill... :unsure:

Master Splinter
15-07-2011, 03:53 PM
I bet no-one had money on the mayor :haha:.

Mr.Singh
15-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Shame the ransom is 40 million sterling

Xhaka Can’t
15-07-2011, 04:01 PM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com//15072011/58/la-liga-mayor-cesc-kidnapped-arsenal.html

What an absolute cunt of a city

Maybe we should send them one of his fingers along with a note stating the ransom is £45m if they want to see the rest of him.

dazthegooner
15-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Maybe we should send them one of his fingers along with a note stating the ransom is £45m if they want to see the rest of him.

gunnerrrrr
15-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Cesc is too blame for alot of this BS. He should hand in a transfer request or at least via his twitter ask for calm or some shit.

He is quiet happy to comment on all kinds of shit, but as the current captain of this team does he not realize how destabilizing this is when preparing for a new season, not to mention the example it sets to other plays....see Nasri.

I have and am losing a great deal of respect for this guy.

PS. i never ever thought i would support a team managed by Moureen, however i hope Real Madrid rape these cunts from Barcelona.

Cripps_orig
15-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Cesc is too blame for alot of this BS. He should hand in a transfer request or at least via his twitter ask for calm or some shit.

He is quiet happy to comment on all kinds of shit, but as the current captain of this team does he not realize how destabilizing this is when preparing for a new season, not to mention the example it sets to other plays....see Nasri.

PS. i never ever thought i would support a team managed by Moureen, however i hope Real Madrid rape these cunts from Barcelona.

You can take the cunt out of Barcunts but you cant take the Barcunt out of the cunt

fakeyank
15-07-2011, 04:47 PM

I actually liked the city when I was there even though I got robbed :lol:

Now with the way their team is, their players, now mayor, I am never going back to that place. Never knew their football team would make me hate them!

When I go back to Europe, I am not going to Barca anymore.. let those broke buggers lose some more foreign money. I'll make sure I tell everyone else around me that its a shit town! I know its not going to bring down the city but even if it robs the city of a 100$, I am all for it.. c*nts!

Japan Shaking All Over
15-07-2011, 05:03 PM
come to think of it........any recent positive sighting of Cesc

Olivier's xmas twist
15-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Ibrahim Afellay's agent has dismissed reports claiming the Barcelona winger could be on his way to Italy.
It has been suggested that the 25-year-old playmaker is attracting interest from Juventus (http://topics.skysports.com/juventus/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Lazio. (http://topics.skysports.com/lazio/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
The Holland international has struggled to force his way into Barca's star-studded first team since moving to Spain in January.
He is, however, considered to be a useful asset by the Catalan giants and there are no plans for him to be offloaded.
Afellay (http://topics.skysports.com/Ibrahim+Afellay/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif is tied to a four-and-a-half-year contract and his representative is confident Barca will honour that agreement.
"There has been no contact with Juventus or Lazio," Rob Jansen told calciomercato.com.
"Afellay is happy in Spain and will continue to be a Barcelona (http://topics.skysports.com/barcelona/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif player next season, I am 100 per cent certain."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_7038238,00.html

Should Ask for him as part of the cesc deal tbh.

Kano
15-07-2011, 07:02 PM

it destabilises the fans more than anything but thankfully they aren't playing for the team so we will be fine

Olivier's xmas twist
15-07-2011, 07:05 PM
it destabilises the fans more than anything but thankfully they aren't playing for the team so we will be fine

Well it does i mean its quite clear he is not respected by most in the dressing room, not it will only get worse if he stays tbh.

He will have more "Hamstring" injurys then he did last season if stays and behaves the way he is.

Boss
15-07-2011, 07:20 PM
It's not clear at all that the dressing room doesn't respect him. Wilshere, VP, Wenger etc have all said they want him to stay.

Not sure what more he could have done, we all know he wants to go there but won't say anything to ruin the deal / out of respect for the fans.

Ironing
15-07-2011, 08:41 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_7038238,00.html

Should Ask for him as part of the cesc deal tbh.

Definitely don't want Affellay...

Kano
15-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Well it does i mean its quite clear he is not respected by most in the dressing room,

where did you get that all seeing truth from?

Kano
15-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Arsène Wenger failed to conceal his contempt for what he considers to be Barcelona's underhand tactics in attempting to prise Cesc Fábregas away from Arsenal. This is hardly surprising. For a look at Barcelona's finances suggests Los Blaugranes can hardly afford the Spain international. A report last month by the University of Barcelona's football-finance expert, José María Gay de Liébana, entitled Spanish Football in the Throes of Crisis, lays bare Barcelona's embattled balance sheet.

A 2009-10 turnover of €398.1m (£350.9m) is indubitably healthy, driven by a television deal worth €157.6m. (By striking individual deals, between them Barcelona and Real Madrid seize 49% of the total Primera Liga broadcast revenues.) Indeed, the net debt of €59.1m is nothing to be concerned about, since the current book value of the playing squad, placed at €213.2m, is plainly understated. This simply reflects the success of La Masia academy, since players who are not signed for fees are not accounted for on the balance sheet.

But Barcelona's operational costs are enormous. A player-wage bill of €234.8m is the highest in the world, and puts the wages-to-turnover ratio at a heart-stopping 76.8%. "Other running costs" push total expenditure to €380.1m. This means spare cashflow in 2009-10 stood at £15.9m and with a debt burden of €548.6m weighing heavily, there was negative interest cover, according to Gay de Liébana. For a fan-owned club, this is not a pretty picture.

"[That] Barcelona, the Liga champions and Champions League semi-finalists in 2009-10 and winners in 2010-11, are technically in a state of bankruptcy is alarming for the entire football sector," Gay de Liébana said.

Can Barcelona afford a £40m transfer outlay and minimum £25m future commitment in wages for Fábregas? Go figure. But by putting Xavi's unsettling comments about the Catalan on Barça's official website, perhaps they think they can get him on the cheap.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/14/barcelona-arsenal-cesc-fabregas?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+ %28Football%29

Kano
15-07-2011, 10:06 PM
some people need to just stick to running small towns

The situation that Cesc Fábregas finds himself in at Arsenal is akin to a "kidnapping" and the London club should allow him to return to Barcelona, the mayor of his home town was quoted as saying on Friday.

Fábregas, 24, has made no secret of his wish to return one day to the club he left as a 16-year-old in 2003 but has stopped short of publicly demanding a transfer.

"We want him to come right away, he is experiencing a kidnapping," Estanislau Fors i Garcia, the mayor of the Catalan town Arenys de Mar where Fábregas grew up, was quoted as saying in the Barcelona-based daily newspaper Sport.

"If the English are so honourable they should behave properly," he added. "He [the Arsenal coach Arsène Wenger] has to stop clowning around because it's disorienting for all of us."

Barcelona failed in their attempt re-sign Fábregas in the summer of 2010, and look increasingly likely to do so again this year, having already had two bids rejected by Arsenal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/15/cesc-fabregas-arsenal

-Xs-
15-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Stump up the cash or fuck off. It's becoming embarrassing now

Xhaka Can’t
15-07-2011, 11:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vKIvv.jpg

Boss
17-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Barcelona defender Gerard Pique has taken the time to defend team-mate Xavi in the wake of Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger's criticism of the influential midfielder.

Wenger recently hit out following the Spanish international's comments that Cesc Fabregas is suffering as a result of transfer talks and that he wants to leave Arsenal for the Champions League winners, but Pique feels that Xavi didn't do anything wrong.

"Barcelona and its players have always spoken with respect. Any player would suffer when there is so much talk about his future and when you don't know where you will play next term. It's not disrespectful to say this out loud," Pique said, according to Sport.

Pique then went on to discuss the potential arrival of Fabregas, who continues to be linked with a return to Catalunya, and stated that it is best to stay quiet on the subject.

"I know what the situation is like. We should leave Cesc alone and show patience. There's still plenty of time to complete his proposed transfer. It doesn't help to talk about it all the time."

The 24-year-old has a contract with Arsenal until the summer of 2015, and Barca have been associated with a swoop for both Fabregas and Udinese's Alexis Sanchez, with the latter's move expected to be completed imminently.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/07/17/2578978/barcelonas-gerard-pique-defends-team-mate-xavi-against-criticism-?

Fucking clowns.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Another herp derp.

Master Splinter
17-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Another herp derp.

Pique should join GW.

So he can present his side of the story.

Toronto Gooner
17-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Interesting that Barcelona are now reported to be in competition with Real for Neymar. It would seem that cutting out the colour photocopying has really saved a lot of money.

Neymar
Sanchez
Fabregas

Those three are easily "valued" in excess of 120 million! [I said valued not worth, to clarify.]

Marc Overmars
17-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Except they don't even really want Cesc, they just think they have a divine right to get him so aren't willing to pay over the odds. The fact they're willing to pay 40m or whatever for Sanchez and Neymar who haven't proven half as much as Cesc shows how cuntish they are.

fakeyank
17-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Except they don't even really want Cesc, they just think they have a divine right to get him so aren't willing to pay over the odds. The fact they're willing to pay 40m or whatever for Sanchez and Neymar who haven't proven half as much as Cesc shows how cuntish they are.

Toronto Gooner
17-07-2011, 07:25 PM
The truly sad part is that Fabregas does not realise this yet.

Mr.Singh
17-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Fabregas is a twat just like them

Master Splinter
17-07-2011, 11:41 PM

Your best post ever tbh.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-07-2011, 02:48 PM

Your best post ever tbh.

and tamer in quality of chosen curse words to boot

Kano
18-07-2011, 06:17 PM
the chinese fans have already outdone the home lot

http://arseblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/gowank.jpg

Mr.Singh
18-07-2011, 06:49 PM

and tamer in quality of chosen curse words to boot

Thanks you guys.....Im trying to keep the curse words to A bare minimal

Boss
18-07-2011, 06:59 PM

:bow: :bow: :bow:

milla
18-07-2011, 07:20 PM

:bow:

fakeyank
18-07-2011, 09:30 PM

:bow:

KSE Comedy Club
18-07-2011, 11:02 PM

Ill join in too

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Toronto Gooner
19-07-2011, 01:48 AM

It would be good to see something like this when Barcelona visit the Emirates for their annual CL visit.

Master Splinter
19-07-2011, 02:24 AM
BARCELONA NOT THAT KEEN ON FABREGAS SAYS ARSENAL CHAIRMAN

ARSENAL chairman Peter Hill-Wood last night warned Cesc Fabregas: I’m not sure Barcelona are too bothered about signing you.

Fabregas is keen on joining his boyhood idols this summer and wants the Gunners to do business as soon as possible.

But Hill-Wood has told the midfielder he should not get too carried away with dreams of a Nou Camp move because Barca are not breaking his door down to agree a deal.

He said: “I am not sure how keen they are. There are still stories in the (Spanish) press, but they don’t talk to us.

“They’ve made one offer, which works out at around £26m, but that was ages ago.

“But at the moment our situation is very straight-forward: we don’t want to lose him.

“Obviously if they come up with an offer which was a very good offer we would have to think about it.

“We have told them a number of times that what they are proposing is unacceptable and yet they haven’t moved on it.

“I don’t approve of what they are doing, but unfortunately it seems the way of the world right now.”

Hill-Wood confirmed Arsenal want the saga ended one way or another by the end of the month.

If Fabregas was to go – with the Gunners understood to be willing to accept £40m – boss Arsene Wenger would need time to make a new signing.

He said: “It has become a real bore and an unnecessary interruption to what we are trying to achieve.”

Hill-Wood said he was also unimpressed with super-rich Manchester City’s attempts to lure Samir Nasri, who Wenger is expected to play in Fabregas’ central midfielder role if his skipper leaves.

They have offered £20m and tried to tempt the 24-year-old with a contract worth £160,000 a week.

But Hill-Wood insisted the Gunners were resolved to keeping Nasri while he sees out his contract.

“City seem to have more money than anybody else, and they keep splashing it around all over the place,” added Hill-Wood.

“But our position is very straightforward: we don’t want the player to leave.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/201853/Barcelona-not-that-keen-on-Fabregas-says-Arsenal-chairman/

PHW :bow:

fakeyank
19-07-2011, 02:29 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/201853/Barcelona-not-that-keen-on-Fabregas-says-Arsenal-chairman/

PHW :bow:

Old man showing how its done.. Cesc really should question what Barca are doing. Yes, thats the best club in the world, they play the best football but do they need him? Cesc is their trophy which they want back. Cesc should evaluate himself and see if he is worth 26 million quid when the likes of Carroll, Torres, Neymar, Sanchez are going for double his price. Its a shame really..

Cripps_orig
19-07-2011, 01:34 PM
SSN breaking newsGuardiola says Arsenal have agreed to negotiate the sale of the Cunt to Barca.Looks like the most boring transfer saga of all time is coming to an end. Unfortunately they say negotiating but we are more likely to sell for what Barca want rather than what we want.No dount Wenger is loosening his trousers as I type this getting ready to bend over for Barca once again

Joker
19-07-2011, 01:35 PM
It's true that Barca are not overly keen on Cesc. If they get him, they'll be pleased, but if they miss out they won't be that bothered. It's clear from their behaviour in this transfer window that he's not their top transfer target. Cesc is becoming a bit of an embarrassment tbh, with all his subtle pining for Barca when they don't even rate him that much (which is not overly surprising given his poor injury record and abysmal performances last season)

Injury Time
19-07-2011, 03:08 PM
It's true that Barca are not overly keen on Cesc. If they get him, they'll be pleased, but if they miss out they won't be that bothered. It's clear from their behaviour in this transfer window that he's not their top transfer target. Cesc is becoming a bit of an embarrassment tbh, with all his subtle pining for Barca when they don't even rate him that much (which is not overly surprising given his poor injury record and abysmal performances last season)
sell him, he's shit :sulk: oh we can't, not even a sniff of wum bid from Citeh :(

milla
19-07-2011, 03:34 PM
SSN breaking newsGuardiola says Arsenal have agreed to negotiate the sale of the Cunt to Barca.Looks like the most boring transfer saga of all time is coming to an end. Unfortunately they say negotiating but we are more likely to sell for what Barca want rather than what we want.No dount Wenger is loosening his trousers as I type this getting ready to bend over for Barca once again

£50 mil or GTFO imo. :coffee:

Japan Shaking All Over
19-07-2011, 03:42 PM
50 mil would be good wouldnt it!

but if we do finally sell, that wont be the price.......more closer to their last offer which should never be

I used to use Yaya Toure as a benchmark but I would say he does an equally sound job for Citeh if not better......but since then prices have gone even more crazy.......

different position granted but if Carrol goes for 35 mil then Cesc is in the 40 mil+ bracket

cash+Keita........is that crazy?

Kano
19-07-2011, 03:46 PM
yeah cos those deals never happen....clubs want the money, bottom line

top assister for the past 5 years should be 50 million min. the interesting part about that article is their deadline of the 31st...clearly ignoring the recent one set by wenger, who wants this over by the end of july

Olivier's xmas twist
19-07-2011, 04:02 PM

meh let the Cunt go tbh.

Joker
19-07-2011, 04:04 PM
meh let the Cunt go tbh.

Agree this saga is extremely boring and could start to adversely affect our preparations for the start of the season.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Barcelona have confirmed that they are still hopeful of concluding deals to sign Alexis Sanchez and Cesc Fabregas.

Both deals have been on-going for weeks, as Barca try to hammer out terms with Udinese and Arsenal respectively.

Speaking at a news conference on Tuesday coach Pep Guardiola and sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta reiterated their positions over both deals.

Although they did admit that signing a forward was a priority, suggesting they would like to do a deal for Sanchez first, they also confirmed that Arsenal are talking terms over Fabregas.

"This year Arsenal has agreed to negotiate and we are working on it," Guardiola said.

"Barcelona has made an offer, Arsenal another and we have time until August 31 and we'll try to reach an agreement.

"It is easier for Cesc in this way because he fits the template, but I know these things cannot always be done."

He added that the club have enough money to sign both Fabregas and Sanchez.

"The club has saved money to try to sign him," he said.

"We will try until the end try to bring him. I hope that eventually everything can be arranged. But sometimes things cannot be done.

"We will fight to the end to try to get Cesc because we believe he will improve the team and the squad."

No strike
Guardiola also rubbished suggestions that Fabregas may be pretending to be injured in order not to play for Arsenal during pre-season.

"Cesc has to do what Arsenal ask of him, I do not like this insinuation that he has told them he will not play. When he is well then Wenger will play him.

"He has spoken with his coach and his club and if there is the possibility of leaving he would like to come to Barca. If we do not buy him this year then that is business."

Zubizarreta insisted that the club were treating Arsenal with 'respect' when it came to the issue of Cesc.

"The position towards Arsenal is with the utmost respect. Also to the player," he insisted.

"We always try to approach from positions of utmost respect. We have a style to do things."On Sanchez, both Guardiola and Zubizarreta outlined their desire to finalise the deal.

"Alexis has a lot of potential and I'm told he's a very good boy and that is close to the profile you want," he said.

Zubizarreta added that negotiations are "in a final process" and said: "We expect a happy ending and that Alexis is here with us soon."

Barcelona and respect don't go in the same sentence tbh if PG really Believes what he is saying then he is a bigger and ore deluded cunt then Wenger tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
19-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Agree this saga is extremely boring and could start to adversely affect our preparations for the start of the season.

Exactly, at least with him go AW would have to spend een if he did not want too.

milla
19-07-2011, 04:06 PM
50 mil would be good wouldnt it!

but if we do finally sell, that wont be the price.......more closer to their last offer which should never be

I used to use Yaya Toure as a benchmark but I would say he does an equally sound job for Citeh if not better......but since then prices have gone even more crazy.......

different position granted but if Carrol goes for 35 mil then Cesc is in the 40 mil+ bracket

cash+Keita........is that crazy?

I prefer cash + Pedro but Keita is not bad either. :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
19-07-2011, 04:14 PM
I prefer cash + Pedro but Keita is not bad either. :coffee:

We got no chance of pedro and why would you want him here after the way he disrespted us over fab.

milla
19-07-2011, 04:54 PM
We got no chance of pedro and why would you want him here after the way he disrespted us over fab.

He is a very good wide forward :good:

Elreactor
19-07-2011, 05:11 PM
I can´t believe Arsenal will settle for less than 40M, or 30odd+any of their crap. And then the poor samaritans of Barcelona will go and Spend 50M on Neymar or other filth. Doesn´t that offend Fabregas, the whore?

Kano
19-07-2011, 05:45 PM
interesting that phw says it was a 26m bid, whilst the papers placed it 5m higher. so that could mean the 40m mark is in reality closer to 35m.

i think phw was sniffing out the sell today, stating barca cant be interested BUT a good offer will be listened to. a day after wenger calls for an end to it all, so they're putting the urgency and desire into the sell.

decent tactics as it's got a quick, concise reply from barca later in the day.

fakeyank
19-07-2011, 05:50 PM
No dount Wenger is loosening his trousers as I type this getting ready to bend over for Barca once again

McNamara That Ghost...
19-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Has Guardiola really said anything we didn't already know?

Kano
19-07-2011, 05:55 PM
i think he was clearer in terms of the money (apparently) being there, although that professor gay said that barcas finances were terrible. it sounded more resolute than their players whinging anyway

McNamara That Ghost...
19-07-2011, 06:02 PM
It just sounded like they made an offer, we didn't accept it, they made an offer, we didn't accept it. They haven't made another one yet. It might've been a bit more specific on to how much it was but I'm not sure I can make the leap just yet that this is actually coming to an end.

Marc Overmars
19-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Every man and his dog knows we will sell if Barca meet our valuation. I'd be surprised if Pep had said negotiations were off the table completely.

Elreactor
19-07-2011, 08:09 PM
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/07/19/SOCCER_Barcelona.html&TEAMHD=soccer&BID=165

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has admitted he will prioritise signing Udinese forward Alexis Sanchez over bringing Cesc Fabregas back to the Nou Camp.

But Guardiola revealed he had been told the money was available to complete both transfers and claimed Arsenal have agreed to negotiate the sale of Fabregas to the European champions.

"The priority is a striker, as we have more players in midfield than up front," Guardiola, speaking at a press conference, was quoted as saying on the Barcelona website.

"There are midfielders in the B team that can help us out. Everything costs money, but it's a striker we need.

"As (sporting director) Andoni (Zubizarreta) has told me, there is enough money to sign them (Sanchez and Fabregas) both, and we'll be trying to do that."

Zubizarreta certainly expects a deal for Chile winger Sanchez, who has also been linked with Chelsea, Manchester City and Inter Milan, to be concluded soon.

"All three parties have worked hard and we understand that the negotiations are coming to an end," said Zubizarreta, whose club are selling Bojan Krkic to Roma.

"Some endings are long-winded, but we hope that it is a happy one".

Barca were rebuffed by Arsenal in their pursuit of Fabregas 12 months ago but are hoping to persuade the Gunners to part with their influential skipper, who moved to London from Barcelona as a 16-year-old, this summer.

Guardiola said: "We were interested last year, but Arsenal did not put him on the market. This year they've agreed to negotiate and we will try to reach an agreement.

"You all know about Barca's interest in Cesc. There is money set aside for this player and until the last day we will try to bring in Cesc because he will make the squad better. I hope that something can be sorted. Until August 31 there is time, but at times things don't always work out."

Guardiola also spoke out against the possibility of Fabregas, who missed Arsenal's Asia tour to nurse a troublesome hamstring, forcing his exit from the Gunners, saying: "I think that Cesc has to do what Arsenal ask. For me I wouldn't like one of my players to say 'now I'm not training because I want to go'."

Zubizarreta added about the Primera Division champions' interest in Fabregas: "The position towards Arsenal is one of maximum respect because the club own the player. Also towards the player.

"From there, our position is to try and see eye to eye (on a deal), creating proposals that may be of interest, while always maintaining the maximum respect. We don't have a style of doing things by force."

He can f**k off with his poverty then

Toronto Gooner
20-07-2011, 01:25 AM
It's clear from their behaviour in this transfer window that he's not their top transfer target.
Guardiola has admitted that Fabregas is not their primary target: it is a striker.

I think that you are right Joker. Fabregas has become an embarrassment to them. They have played up the desire to get him back so much that they cannot back down now, despite the realisation that he will not be anything more than a bit player for them (IMO). I suspect that Guardiola would prefer to have Thiago take over from Xavi rather than Fabregas.

As I was writing this, I wondered whether Guardiola is in fact pissed off with all this. If you examine the comments and pronouncements, how many have originated from Guardiola and how many from Barca players (Fabregas friends)? How much influence and involvement has Guardiola had? Can anyone imagine Ferguson, Mourinho or Wenger allowing players dictate which players get bought?

Japan Shaking All Over
20-07-2011, 03:16 AM
Fabregas, who missed Arsenal's Asia tour to nurse a troublesome hamstring

this may be one reason that we should listen to the next upped offer!?

I saw Pep's press conference and he was very comme si comme sa about the whole thing, a lot of shrugging and saying that we have money put aside for Cesc but if we don't use it for him we will have to use it for something else.......if not this year then next - these are clear signs that Cesc is not the missing link in his view and that what he has is enough.......BTW coming from Pep and his team of stars this is far believable than if it were to come from Wenger and our team of sparklers.

straight swap Cesc and his hamstring for Pep and his vision?

selassie
20-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Guardiola has admitted that Fabregas is not their primary target: it is a striker.

I think that you are right Joker. Fabregas has become an embarrassment to them. They have played up the desire to get him back so much that they cannot back down now, despite the realisation that he will not be anything more than a bit player for them (IMO). I suspect that Guardiola would prefer to have Thiago take over from Xavi rather than Fabregas.

As I was writing this, I wondered whether Guardiola is in fact pissed off with all this. If you examine the comments and pronouncements, how many have originated from Guardiola and how many from Barca players (Fabregas friends)? How much influence and involvement has Guardiola had? Can anyone imagine Ferguson, Mourinho or Wenger allowing players dictate which players get bought?

:good:

This

Kano
20-07-2011, 07:41 AM

well that's exactly it, they aren't dictating. i would imagine the directive comes from within, inclusive of the manager, knowing full well that they can 'get' to the player. in no way are the players dictating who they want as they are most likely following direction from inside the club, including pep.

they want him of course but are trying to do it on the cheap, if they didn't, then why put in a bid of £26mill at all? they are the most glamourous club in the world at the moment, everyone admires them (well, nearly), so with the world at their feet embarrassment is some distance away from their door.

Penguin
20-07-2011, 07:49 AM
They're toying with Cesc. If they really wanted him they would have found a way to fund the transfer. They clearly have enough money to go after Sanchez and whoever else they have bid big bucks on but they can't go up to £40m for Cesc? Such bs.

Then they have the nerve to insult us and make us look like the bad guys in the media for not giving in to their pathetic excuse of an offer. It's ridiculous.

Kano
20-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Then they have the nerve to insult us and make us look like the bad guys in the media for not giving in to their pathetic excuse of an offer. It's ridiculous.

thats what any smart club with all the power would do. if we get there one day, hopefully we do the same. taking the careful, considered approach only gets you so far nowadays

Marc Overmars
20-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Hopefully this is resolved before the season starts, the last thing we want is to sell late and end up panic buying with that huge wedge of cash burning a hole in out pockets, we'd get ripped off to the max.

It's pretty fucking annoying because the Cesc and Nasri sagas will dictate what we do in this window and the longer they drag on on the less likely we are to see significant arrivals.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-07-2011, 08:17 AM
this.......time for something to happen

would we dare offer him for 40mil - because thats the most we could sensibly get

Coney
20-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Barca are full of shit. They have money and do spend it whenever they want a player. If they really wanted Cesc they would have come up with a ~35M offer by now. PHW said they had heard nothing since a 20M offer a month or so back. They can either pay a decent price or they can piss off. All this shit in the press is meaningless bollocks. Cesc has said time and again (and very recently too) that he is happy at the Arsenal and refutes the press speculation. That is not to say that he would not be sold to Barca for the right price but the crap about him being uphappy and desparately wanting to leave right now is horseshit.

Mr.Singh
20-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Cesc must feel like a girlfriend who has a boyfriend but he only buys her a cheap neck less from the market but he could go and buy his mistress a nice fancy one from Tiffianys.

Penguin
20-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Cesc must feel like a girlfriend who has a boyfriend but he only buys her a cheap neck less from the market but he could go and buy his mistress a nice fancy one from Tiffianys.

:blink:

Penguin
20-07-2011, 10:13 AM
thats what any smart club with all the power would do. if we get there one day, hopefully we do the same. taking the careful, considered approach only gets you so far nowadays

Yeah I suppose. But it's annoying being on the other end of the stick with just about everyone else eating up their bullshit.

Darth Vela
20-07-2011, 11:43 AM
I dunno, when those eating up the bullshit are Barca fans it's hard to care too much about it. Cesc's too smart to listen to all the crap going on, I'm sure he knows that his friends want to play with him and I'm sure he knows that he's worth a hell of a lot more than Barca are offering, whether he cares enough to stop the bullshit or whether he can is another matter though. When it gets to those who think a little less, like Ade or Rooney, then it has an effect.

LDG
20-07-2011, 01:27 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14215342.stm

Barcelona midfielder Xavi has said he does not want a "war of words" with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger over the future of Cesc Fabregas.

Last week Wenger said the World Cup winner had been "very disrespectful" for suggesting Fabregas was suffering over a proposed move to Camp Nou.

But Xavi has defended his comments, saying: "I was only acting in the interest of Cesc and of Barca."

Fabregas was at the Barcelona academy before joining Arsenal in 2003.

Speaking at Barcelona's training ground, Xavi added: "It seems absurd to me. But that's that and I really don't want to get into a war of words with Wenger. I didn't want to offend anyone.

"I don't really know the situation but it seems they [Arsenal] are more disposed to sell this year than last year."

On Tuesday, Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola said the club would "fight to the end" to sign Fabregas, after they had a bid of around £27m rejected by the Gunners in June.

Wenger has been trying to convince his captain to stay in the Premier League and fight for the title they last won in 2004.

So far this summer Arsenal have sold Gael Clichy to Manchester City and brought in striker Gervinho from Lille and Charlton Athletic defender Carl Jenkinson.

Does this cunt ever shut up??

dazthegooner
20-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Doesn't seem like it seems like he wants to marry Cesc whilst he's at it sounds like his in love!

Coney
20-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Doesn't seem like it seems like he wants to marry Cesc whilst he's at it sounds like his in love!

He probably heard that Cesc likes cunt and misunderstood.

selassie
20-07-2011, 05:48 PM

Mad Chills Bro

fakeyank
20-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Mad Chills Bro

:haha: :gp:

GP
20-07-2011, 07:28 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14215342.stm

Does this cunt ever shut up??

Can someone give Xavi AIDS, pls?

Xhaka Can’t
20-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Can someone give Xavi AIDS, pls?

He already has brain aids.

Hopefully it will spread.

Joker
21-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Interesting view from Le-Grove regarding Cesc:

If he loved them so much then why leave them in the first place, it can’t have been because he had Xavi and Iniesta ahead of him because he still has, it was for money, because Wenger offered him a lot more than Barca were paying him. Greed. No ifs or buts, greed.

Then we offered him a massive 8 year contract which put his wages on a different planet to all his team mates and tied him to the club until he was 28, he accepted, Wenger crowed. Oh, and the transfer kitty went down to pay for it, and all was well at Arsenal.

3 years into it he was so rich money didn’t matter anymore and he wanted to play for a team that won things. That by the way isn’t us.

Wenger did the only thing he knows, he bribed him further, he offered him another massive pay rise to stay and play a third of last season.

One year on and he is still bleating, and his Barca chums are still dissing this football club. Only this time kidnapping has been added to the list of wrongs, kidnapping for goodness sake!

Cesc can stop all this by telling them to cease talking on his behalf, he has a 4 year contract left, a massive salary and he is staying.

He won’t though because he is a greedy bastardo, greedy because he wants his cake, he has earned a fortune from us, now he wants to win trophies somewhere else.

I've got to say I agree. Cesc has been placed on a pedestal by some Arsenal supporters (especially Arseblog), who think he can do no wrong and bemoan how other players like Denilson have held him back over the last 4 years, and how he has shown amazing loyalty to the club to stay so long despite missing Barca. I think that's bollocks tbh, and the lack of word from Cesc over this whole period speaks volumes about the (lack of) respect he feels for the club.

LDG
21-07-2011, 09:45 AM
I think he thought he was off this summer for sure.

Cunt couldn't be bothered to show up for our last game of the season. Our captain was on a jolly up at the grand prix.

Fuck him. Sell the cunt.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Isn't there a possibility Cesc has been advised not to say anything (it could even be from Arsenal)? I'm not sure what difference it makes anyway really whether he says something or not. A couple of years ago when his move to Barcelona was mooted as a distinct possibility and effectively denounced those rumours. Did that quash Barcelona's (their players included) interest? No. Actually, did it stop people doubting Cesc's motives? I'm not sure it did. So why would it now?

Champagne Charlie
21-07-2011, 09:55 AM
I've got to say I agree. Cesc has been placed on a pedestal by some Arsenal supporters (especially Arseblog), who think he can do no wrong and bemoan how other players like Denilson have held him back over the last 4 years, and how he has shown amazing loyalty to the club to stay so long despite missing Barca. I think that's bollocks tbh, and the lack of word from Cesc over this whole period speaks volumes about the (lack of) respect he feels for the club.

Interesting article, but I'm not sure it's quite as simple as saying he was purely motivated by money. He was always going to struggle for game time if he stayed at Barca and when he signed for us we were still atually winning things! So I don't agree that it was greed that motivated him to sign for us.

But I totally agree with the part about Cesc being the only one who can stop the speculation. But he wont, because he clearly wants to leave. It'll drag out like it did last summer then we'll have his programme notes for the first home game saying how he loves Arsenal, is happy here and is fully committed to the cause.

Same old same old. It's just boring now. The sooner Barca stump up a a bit more cash the better so we can finally put an end to all this crap and focus on improving as a team and as a club, instead of focusing on keeping a chump who doesn't even want to be here!

LDG
21-07-2011, 10:05 AM
He's a great player. And I don't believe he's quite as manipulative as Le Grove's article states.

But tbh, give him the choice between Us and Them, he'd choose them.

He's also not the best captain we've ever had, nor do I like the way in which he slows our game down.

And for those reasons. I'm out.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Cesc playing through balls to runners is faster than any other way we can play. For that reason, I hope he stays; if we have willing runners on the pitch, of course.

Boss
21-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Cesc doesn't slow our game down at all.

Also,

11.16: You'll never guess what Pedro's been asked about at a press conference. "Cesc? Of course we'd like him to join us soon, but it's a complicated situation and it doesn't depend on us," he said.

Champagne Charlie
21-07-2011, 10:39 AM
I think the perception that Cesc slows our game down is because of the lack of movement and options in front of him. So many times you'll see Cesc get the ball in the middle, look up hoping for a quick pass but there's nothing on for him so he's forced to hold on to the ball and the move slows down. You just need to look at goals like the 2nd against Barca to realise how quick Cesc's play can be if he has the right runners around him.

Darth Vela
21-07-2011, 10:40 AM

Is there anyone that holds that opinion though? I read far more crap on blogs than I really should and I've never seen someone expounding the never ending virtues of Saint Cesc, although there are a fair few that think it's not quite so black and white as all that. For example I'd much rather Cesc stay quiet than either a) crow about his love for Barca to the press and how he wants the move to happen to try and force things a iittle or b) declare his undying love for all things Arsenal...before making his move, one is disrespectful and the other dishonest, the best option is silence and the only time he's spoken about it he's taken his cues from Wenger and not said much about it at all whilst using a lot of words.

Darth Vela
21-07-2011, 10:43 AM
I think the perception that Cesc slows our game down is because of the lack of movement and options in front of him. So many times you'll see Cesc get the ball in the middle, look up hoping for a quick pass but there's nothing on for him so he's forced to hold on to the ball and the move slows down. You just need to look at goals like the 2nd against Barca to realise how quick Cesc's play can be if he has the right runners around him.

Yeah, we have too many creators and not enough runners, hence why the last few players we've bought are more dribblers and runners than creators (Gervinho/Miyachi/Wellington) and with Rambo and Wilshere liking to break forwards I'm optimistic about increased drive next season.

Champagne Charlie
21-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Yeah, we have too many creators and not enough runners, hence why the last few players we've bought are more dribblers and runners than creators (Gervinho/Miyachi/Wellington) and with Rambo and Wilshere liking to break forwards I'm optimistic about increased drive next season.

Totally agree. Which is why I'd love to see Theo given a chance more centrally, I really think he could be excellent for us - if he stays fit of course!

Darth Vela
21-07-2011, 10:55 AM
:lol: I think that's almost an unwritten caveat on comments about ANY Arsenal player nowadays.

Theo-RvP in a 4-4-2 could be unearthly.

Coney
21-07-2011, 11:19 AM
The way Theo was talking the other week about a chance in the centre makes me wonder if Wenger has already discussed that and is going that way. He did it with Henry and it worked well, so he certainly must open to that possibility.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-07-2011, 11:32 AM

This is why he has to leave, We need to get a good team spirit back in our dressing room with him here it won't be. Not sure i can agree with the Denilson coments because had

Coney
21-07-2011, 11:39 AM
There has not been a lack of word from Cesc. He has said again recently that he is happy about being at the Arsenal and that he has no control over what others (i.e. the Barca c*nts) might be saying. Unless he comes out and says the same thing every single day, what else can he do? I don't expect him to call a press conference to deny it every time some 2-bit toilet rag of a paper quotes some allegation about what some asshole claims he thinks.

Fist of Lehmann
21-07-2011, 12:38 PM
The picture of him grinning when Barca's penalty went in was pretty sickening though.

Cripps_orig
21-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Apparently cunts from Barcunts are in London

Champagne Charlie
21-07-2011, 01:56 PM
I bet they're here to see Bendtner.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-07-2011, 02:02 PM

Well he is the best player in the world lol

Coney
21-07-2011, 02:03 PM

If they offer 23 million for him, I think we might just take it.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Apparently cunts from Barcunts are in London

increasingly looking like AW wasnt a million miles off when saying the cards are yet to be played and that we are very much in the middle of a game of waiting