PDA

View Full Version : Fabregas goes to Barca for £35million

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Kano
12-08-2011, 10:25 AM
only because they value him.

at any other point a football club can be the cunt to drop a player. times have changed.

Flavs
12-08-2011, 10:31 AM
I hold our best (and most highly-paid) players to the highest standards.

you can spinelessly blame the tea-boy or denilson if you like tho :tiphat:

o...k...
i think the whole team and the management were to blame for the debacle last year, i dont any one individual can be blamed.

IBK
12-08-2011, 10:31 AM
I personally don't think it's been anywhere near as bad as you're making out, he's not slagged off he club, he's not said if you don't sell me I'll strike etc...Barca want him and he's happy to move back, who wouldn't be to a club like that when you're at a club who have now got a reputation of being proven losers.....with a manager who won't change?

One player does not make a team, a team is a sum of it's parts....Wenger has failed to build a good enough team that's why we've failed to win trophies, with better signings we'd have won stuff with Cesc.

Like I said people have got very bitter and yet the man who is really to blame get's a much easier ride.

Your point re Wenger is a good one. He is more to blame for putting the club in this position. I think he has been as delusional about his ability to persuade Fabregas to stay as he was misguided about making him captain, and convincing him to stay for another season last Summer.

And I think that with hindsight, Wenger's greatest 'crime' has been to build an empire of young players whose loyalty was principally to him, as an individual, than to the club. This has resulted in this alarming want away culture amongst our best players now his 'genius' is seriously open to question.

But IMHO it is naive to defend Fabregas' behaviour in all of this. He has been very subtle about it all, but he has effectively been on strike this Summer and at the very least he has been complicit in allowing Barca to get him on the cheap, while seriously destabilising our club and its reputation and disrupting our season's preparation. If you recall the CL second leg in Barca last season - what we were seeing was a Barcelona player in waiting captaining our team.

Like I say, we can all relate to a player wanting to play for his hometown club, but this does not hide the fact that he has ultimately damaged us in the process.

BOBN
12-08-2011, 10:32 AM
I have no issue with any of that. My point is that Farbregas has benefitted from AFC probably as much as AFC has benefitted from him. Difference is that AFC hasn't ended the relationship by being a bit of a cunt.
he couldnt cut it as a CM so wenger found a new position for him (AM). the player himself admitted he prefers to play deeper and is less comfortable at AM but wenger did it cos he knew he was simply costing us games in CM (08/09 season, early defeats to hull etc)

what other top club would find a new position for a player who has failed at another? united? they bombed out veron, forlan etc who are more talented than cesc.

we have done more for him than him us.

BOBN
12-08-2011, 10:34 AM
o...k...
i think the whole team and the management were to blame for the debacle last year, i dont any one individual can be blamed.
I said 07/08

IBK
12-08-2011, 10:34 AM
only because they value him.

at any other point a football club can be the cunt to drop a player. times have changed.

Well - to a point. AW has a pretty good record of treating players with dignity and letting them leave if they really want to - and a perhaps less enviable record of not being trigger happy when it comes to dropping players.

I agree that top players have wrested initiative from clubs - but they can often be cunts as a result.

Kano
12-08-2011, 10:38 AM
the wider point is that it makes little sense to castigate a player for seemingly being a cunt when our club can do the same. edu, cole and diarra would probably argue that could be the case.

Boss
12-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Our team isn't built around Fabregas anymore.

The other players simply aren't good enough to supply the same level of end product he does, even when he's playing below form.

LDG
12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Our team isn't built around Fabregas anymore.

The other players simply aren't good enough to supply the same level of end product he does, even when he's playing below form.

Well Utd won the league last year with players who aren't of the same class as Fabregas, and it was built on teamwork, pure and simple.

The fact is, we shouldn't have to rely on one player, and in order to heal that wound, we need to make fucking sure that we start working for each other more.

Fabs is gone. Get over it.

I already am.

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Whatever else, this is the first time in years we haven't had a genuine world class star at the club. RvP just hasn't been on the pitch enough to warrant the billing and Jack is still progressing. Bergkamp, Henry, Fabregas (has the talent but cannot be compared to the other two in terms of character) and now...

Chamakh.

BTW, Fabregas knew what he was doing, the fucker was even knocking around with his Barca chums this summer when everyone knew this was likely to be the year he'd run. The captain is meant to stay with the ship, a principle that may be dead in the modern, "enlightened" world so fair enough - in practical terms he's done what's best for him. But let's not give him and credit or his excuses any credence just because he has turned out the be as bland and ordinary and pathetic in terms of character as mostly anybody else you could pull in off the street. Where are the fucking heroes gone? And yes, they really did exist. They weren't perfect but they had a lot more about them than these shitty little people who talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 10:51 AM
the wider point is that it makes little sense to castigate a player for seemingly being a cunt when our club can do the same. edu, cole and diarra would probably argue that could be the case.

Yeah, there is. You call the player a cunt and then you call the business a cunt. You don't give one a pass because the other is just as bad. Maybe we should look at football in a wider sense and ask why it has become acceptable for both the club and the players to shit on the fans, and the amount of shit seems to rise in direct relation to the huge increase in rewards. I hear Murdoch is out of phone tapping, perhaps he ought to be out of football too. And those Arabs and Russian gangsters, are they really so good for the game?

Kano
12-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Yeah, there is. You call the player a cunt and then you call the business a cunt. You don't give one a pass because the other is just as bad.

exactly, both cunts, so no one gets a pass

Darth Vela
12-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Is a player a cunt for wanting to take a better offer? Not really, that's life and we're glad enough when players want to come here as a step up so we shouldn't be too outraged when it happens the other way. Is he a cunt for being a little bitch and leaving us with no option? Hells yeah.

Letters
12-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Well Utd won the league last year with players who aren't of the same class as Fabregas, and it was built on teamwork, pure and simple.

The fact is, we shouldn't have to rely on one player, and in order to heal that wound, we need to make fucking sure that we start working for each other more.

Fabs is gone. Get over it.

I already am.

:gp:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 12:33 PM
I personally don't think it's been anywhere near as bad as you're making out, he's not slagged off he club, he's not said if you don't sell me I'll strike etc...Barca want him and he's happy to move back, who wouldn't be to a club like that when you're at a club who have now got a reputation of being proven losers.....with a manager who won't change?

One player does not make a team, a team is a sum of it's parts....Wenger has failed to build a good enough team that's why we've failed to win trophies, with better signings we'd have won stuff with Cesc.

Like I said people have got very bitter and yet the man who is really to blame get's a much easier ride.

I never said it was his fault on one player makes a team. out of 7 Seasons with us really he has had about 3 good ones at best, Why did he feel the need to sign a new deal if he never wanted to stay.

Im not upset he wants to leave because he loves barca fair do's but while he is still our captain id like him to behave like it, id ratther he came out and said he wanted to leave sooner so this could have been sorted quicker.

This whole pool fab routine is wearing thing imo.

Good player he may be and and even greater player he may go on to be, but he will never ever be an Arsenal Legend. You put any bit of quality next to the shite we have they look like world class stars too.

The reason we have not won things is not because Aw failed to build a team, its because Aw has Failed to manage a Championsip or trophy winning team, the way it should be managed. .

Flavs
12-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Press in spain are announcing teh transfer has ben finalised and he will be revealed as a Barca player tomorrow

Marc Overmars
12-08-2011, 01:15 PM
He has agreed a 5 year contract and is on his way to Spain where he will be presented as a Barca player this weekend.

LDG
12-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Press in spain are announcing teh transfer has ben finalised and he will be revealed as a Barca player tomorrow

Great timing ahead of our first league game.

Fucksake. What is wrong with our mob. Are they intentionally trying to do everything is the most absurd and stupid way possible?? Bloody fuckstick.

Boss
12-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Quite hilarious how anytime a player wants to leave people on here start writing off below par seasons they had.

Cesc's only performed in '3 out of 7' seasons but still has the highest assist rate in Europe over the last five years? Must have been phenomenal in those three then.

As for the club not treating Fabregas like a cunt, is this the same club which sells it's better players year after year, rarely replaces them with the same quality and hasn't made any improvements in 6 years?

It would probably be better for us if Cesc was sold and the money properly reinvested but since it won't the desire to get rid on here is pretty naive. All the people slaughtering him on here would be sucking his dick major hard were he to stay.

IBK
12-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Quite hilarious how anytime a player wants to leave people on here start writing off below par seasons they had.

Cesc's only performed in '3 out of 7' seasons but still has the highest assist rate in Europe over the last five years? Must have been phenomenal in those three then.

As for the club not treating Fabregas like a cunt, is this the same club which sells it's better players year after year, rarely replaces them with the same quality and hasn't made any improvements in 6 years?

It would probably be better for us if Cesc was sold and the money properly reinvested but since it won't the desire to get rid on here is pretty naive. All the people slaughtering him on here would be sucking his dick major hard were he to stay.

Not now, mate. People have had enough and just want this over now.

Marc Overmars
12-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Great timing ahead of our first league game.

Fucksake. What is wrong with our mob. Are they intentionally trying to do everything is the most absurd and stupid way possible?? Bloody fuckstick.

Yeah, you know exactly what the focus of the press will be on tomorrow, but let's hope we show everyone there's more to this team than Cesc.

Letters
12-08-2011, 01:24 PM
No problem with him going. He's served us well, always made it clear he wanted to go back to Barca and stayed longer than he really wanted to.
I do have a problem if we don't buy with the money though, all the noises are that we have to sell to buy and that if we sell Cesc we will re-invest.
We had bloody better do.

Syn
12-08-2011, 01:44 PM
No problem with him going. He's served us well, always made it clear he wanted to go back to Barca and stayed longer than he really wanted to.I do have a problem if we don't buy with the money though, all the noises are that we have to sell to buy and that if we sell Cesc we will re-invest.We had bloody better do. We'll get an inexperienced defender or summin for £12m....maybe another young player for £10m. What we need is a £20m+ player but nobody who is a star player for their team will be available just hours before the season starts -- they're not us.

Grebbo
12-08-2011, 01:53 PM

:goodposting:

:gp:

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Chill out everyone, Fabregas and Nasri out, Scott Dann in, it's on!

Marc Overmars
12-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Great news, none of this foreign pansy shite anymore, just good honest English lads.

Flavs
12-08-2011, 02:17 PM
We'll get an inexperienced defender or summin for £12m....maybe another young player for £10m. What we need is a £20m+ player but nobody who is a star player for their team will be available just hours before the season starts -- they're not us.

What is funny is that Spurs paid £8mil for Rafael Van Der Vaart

:upset:

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Great news, none of this foreign pansy shite anymore, just good honest English lads.

MO, Dann is shit I'm afraid. Finding out came as a blow to me too, but we might as well accept it now rather than suffer a whole season in anticipation. The only reason we're after him is because we might be able to get him for £6mill. It's a tight wad move by Wenger in the hope some of the fans will be placated. Even if it's just you that approves and everyone else is livid, Wenger will say, "Look, look, MO approves so I am right!" Do you really want to be the person responsible for giving him the easy out?

BOBN
12-08-2011, 02:26 PM

bar ronaldo in his last couple years at united and now at real, no other big club have been so blatently built around one player.

do you want me to compare ronaldos stats to cescs or not?

wenger messed up. if youre gonna build a team around someone, do it around someone who can win games and titles for you, not around someone who passes the ball to others quite well, sometimes.

Grebbo
12-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Guillem Balague
Interesting: Arsenal hanging on for a deal. Im afraid the cellebrations from Barcelona were premature and that must have hurt Arsenal board

:haha:

Kano
12-08-2011, 02:33 PM
bar ronaldo in his last couple years at united and now at real, no other big club have been so blatently built around one player.

that would be silly as they are different types of players

one was/is selfish and loves to shoot whilst the other loves to pass

Fist of Lehmann
12-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Revisionist history ftw. :good:

LDG
12-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Guillem Balague
Interesting: Arsenal hanging on for a deal. Im afraid the cellebrations from Barcelona were premature and that must have hurt Arsenal board

Avin a fuckin bubble...jesus.

Boss
12-08-2011, 02:47 PM

wenger messed up. if youre gonna build a team around someone, do it around someone who can win games and titles for you, not around someone who passes the ball to others quite well, sometimes.

Not sure what you mean when you say our team is built around Fabregas as I disagree that it is. If you mean Cesc is our main creative force then yes, agreed, but the point of our three man midfield is all three can attack and defend at times, not two midfielders covering for Cesc (as you often spout on here).

No point comparing Cesc to Ronaldo as they're different players but then you already knew that.

BOBN
12-08-2011, 02:49 PM
that would be silly as they are different types of players

one was/is selfish and loves to shoot whilst the other loves to pass
well shooting >>>>> passing

one has netted united titles and the CL, the other netted arsenal nothing.

good passers are a dime-a-dozen on the continent. if fabregas was at villareal now nobody would be talking about him.

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Maybe it's just better to wait and watch. Fabregas and Messi are going to dominate Europe for many years to come. Frightening.

Kano
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
well shooting >>>>> passing

one has netted united titles and the CL, the other netted arsenal nothing.

good passers are a dime-a-dozen on the continent. if fabregas was at villareal now nobody would be talking about him.

that first bit would make sense if football was a game of running from your goal line and shooting but as we both know, creative midfielders and strikers are the guys that cost the big bucks.

one scored a lot, won titles and was surrounded with strong minded players ready to win. no need to compare that to our team in recent years is there?

so you're basically saying that villareal are full of defence splitting players? i dont get why half of europe aren't trying to sign their players

BOBN
12-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Not sure what you mean when you say our team is built around Fabregas as I disagree that it is. If you mean Cesc is our main creative force then yes, agreed, but the point of our three man midfield is all three can attack and defend at times, not two midfielders covering for Cesc (as you often spout on here).

No point comparing Cesc to Ronaldo as they're different players but then you already knew that.
I mean every component of the side is there to get the best out of fabregas (I bet arshavin was dropped because he wasnt playing along) and I believe the players are encouraged to give him the ball as much as possible (the wilshere to fabregas pass stats are hideous for a young player in wilshere who can find any pass).

he is also required to do fack all defensive work....a player who began at barca in the defensive guardiola mould required to do no defensive work. not even press. words fail me...

GunnerFan4Life
12-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Bad times atm. I keep getting shit from mates saying we're fucked cesc AND nasri going hahahaha UNLUCKY and goons over the xbox saying the same thing as i have Arsenal in my gamertag.

:(

GP
12-08-2011, 03:04 PM
I mean every component of the side is there to get the best out of fabregas (I bet arshavin was dropped because he wasnt playing along) and I believe the players are encouraged to give him the ball as much as possible (the wilshere to fabregas pass stats are hideous for a young player in wilshere who can find any pass).

he is also required to do fack all defensive work....a player who began at barca in the defensive guardiola mould required to do no defensive work. not even press. words fail me...

Your posts are almost exclusively nonsense.

No offence.

GunnerFan4Life
12-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Wenger said in the morning no one is leaving. WHAT THE FREAKING FUCK?! WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!!!!!!!!1111111

GunnerFan4Life
12-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Reporter on SSN just said that one of our recent signings said whether he joined the right club as Cesc and Nasri seem to be on the way out. Oh no.

Kano
12-08-2011, 03:11 PM
step away from the TV...

BOBN
12-08-2011, 03:11 PM
so you're basically saying that villareal are full of defence splitting players? i dont get why half of europe aren't trying to sign their players
well its funny you say that...

"Big-spending Malaga have agreed a deal to sign Villarreal midfielder Santi Cazorla, according to reports in the Spanish media"

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 03:12 PM

WTF is going on, some BS At this club right noow, it seems both playes are bing sold above Wengers head

BOBN
12-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Your posts are almost exclusively nonsense.

No offence.
anybody with eyes can see this arsenal side has been built around cesc. not even up for debate.

Unai Tea
12-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Reporter on SSN just said that one of our recent signings said whether he joined the right club as Cesc and Nasri seem to be on the way out. Oh no.

Sounds like one of our recent signings is a bit of a dumbass.

Kano
12-08-2011, 03:15 PM
well its funny you say that...

"Big-spending Malaga have agreed a deal to sign Villarreal midfielder Santi Cazorla, according to reports in the Spanish media"

big step up in his career i see.

Marc Overmars
12-08-2011, 03:27 PM

Must be Gervinho.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Update: Another update on the Cesc Fabregas situation and Sky Sports sources understand Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has told the Arsenal midfielder to stay in England until after Sunday's Spanish Super Cup encounter against Real Madrid.

Another Twist in the tale lol

Edinburgh Gooner
12-08-2011, 03:34 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/aug/12/football-live-blog-12-august

having quite a hoot reading through all the contradicting stories reagrding the fannies transfer to Bracunts. Valdes is spouting his shite, ballbag is coming and going with "it's only a matter of hours" to "arsenal haven't accepted anything".
One thing that does stand out is that Valencia are saying that we missed the boat with Mata.

Marc Overmars
12-08-2011, 03:36 PM
I wonder if we're still arsing around over getting 40m. Face it Vinger, it's not going to happen.

Get rid of the little chump ASAP so focus can be put back onto the team, because we've got a solid month coming up and we don't need any distractions.

Letters
12-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Wenger said in the morning no one is leaving.

No he didn't.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-08-2011, 03:55 PM
I wonder if we're still arsing around over getting 40m. Face it Vinger, it's not going to happen.

Get rid of the little chump ASAP so focus can be put back onto the team, because we've got a solid month coming up and we don't need any distractions.

Swap deal for Messi. Worth it just to see the reaction tbf.

Edinburgh Gooner
12-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Swap deal for Messi. Worth it just to see the reaction tbf.

:patrice:

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 04:06 PM
No he didn't.

What did he say then

McNamara That Ghost...
12-08-2011, 04:08 PM
What did he say then

He said he doesn't expect anyone to leave, apparently said with a wry smile. I suspect he was being deliberately obtuse when he said it.

Darth Vela
12-08-2011, 04:11 PM
The smirk when he replied that the conclusion that it means Cesc and Nasri are staying 'would be accurate based on what (he'd) said' reinforces that he wasn't being entirely straight about it.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 04:18 PM
He said he doesn't expect anyone to leave, apparently said with a wry smile. I suspect he was being deliberately obtuse when he said it.
Cheers, think it silly to say that, wht not just says Cesc is going, i mean its a now we don't really have a captain, things are just a mess and all this on the opening day of the season.

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 04:26 PM

It's good he finds it all so amusing. If he'd just gone through 6 years without delivering anything it would be intolerable, but as it is he's earned a little joke at everyone's expense.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Cheers, think it silly to say that, wht not just says Cesc is going, i mean its a now we don't really have a captain, things are just a mess and all this on the opening day of the season.

He says we don't comment on transfers until they officially happen (one way or another) and I guess he will always stick to that. Bit silly in this case probably, unless he is hoping we can somehow fool Barcelona to giving us an extra £5 million.

Cripps_orig
12-08-2011, 04:37 PM
The sun still comes up in the morning, the birds still chirp away, the government still taxes us, and cats and dogs still don't get along. In short, the world is exactly as it always was, which must come as something of a surprise to Arsenal (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/england/94/arsenal) fans who for the past two or three years have been wailing their arms in anger about the temerity of Barcelona (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/spain/125/barcelona) wanting to buy Cesc Fabregas (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/spain/2840/francesc-f%C3%A0bregas-soler).
Don't Miss

Of course, however, they had a right to be narked off at the sanctimoniously melodramatic ways in which Barcelona players, managers, officials, sympathisers and assorted reprobates have tried to entice the little cunt back home.

Chief crower has been Xavi, who, when he isn't busy making his opponents dizzy by spinning the Barcelona passing carousel on the pitch, is flapping his face off about the unjustness of Arsenal keeping Fabregas, as though it was their fault that the Spanish side had not stumped up the necessary money to buy him time and time again.

In July, Xavi fought back the tears to tell Barcelona's official website – who, rather than telling him that he was acting like a humongous doofus, published his thought fart – that the Arsenal skipper was "suffering" by being kept in London, conjuring up an image of Fabregas being incarcerated in a cage by day only to be released to play for 90 minutes every once in a while, rather than of a multi-millionaire footballer who was presumably not forced at gun point to sign a lucrative long-term contract only a couple of years ago.

Xavi has since gone on to describe Fabregas as the last piece in the Barcelona puzzle, a sentiment echoed rather stupidly by winger Pedro, who said he would be thrilled to be in the same team as the 24-year-old. (Presumably he meant to say "I'd be dead happy to sit alongside him on the bench", because that's exactly where the two of them are likely to wind up next season given the Champions League winners have also splashed out big time on Alexis Sanchez this summer.)

A whole array of Catalan cretins have gotten all emotional about it, with the mayor of Fabregas's home town (sensibly Boris Johnson, the oafish toff who lauds it over London, has stayed quiet) saying the midfielder was "experiencing a kidnapping" because Arsenal weren't letting him leave. This feckless moron, like many other Camp Nou cronies, quite clearly doesn't seem to understand that a player under contract cannot just up sticks and leave as he wishes – there's the small matter of reaching a suitable financial agreement with the club that pays his significant wages and has turned him into a world-class player. If you want a Ferrari, you don't turn up at the dealership expecting to get a massive discount and then have a toddler-like strop when they rightly refuse not to give you one.

http://u.goal.com/138600/138676hp2.jpg

Farewell, finally | Fabregas has his wish and so do fans fed up with him

But it's not just our Iberian friends who have acted like indignant buffoons throughout this most tedious of transfer sagas. Take Arsene Wenger, for instance. The French boss has banged on incessantly about Barcelona tapping Fabregas up by talking gibberish about him for the past two years, but the man at the helm at the Emirates has long talked about other club's players.

While he's not quite reached Harry Redknapp levels of "I don't like talking about other managers' players, but…" hypocrisy, Wenger prattled on about Marouane Chamakh when he was still at Bordeaux (and what a fool he must feel now having seen the Moroccan snooze through the second half of last season).

Le Professor also took the moral high ground when Arsenal and Barcelona clashed in the Champions League over the past two seasons, painting himself as some sort of paragon of virtue in the transfer market rather than the bane of academies the world over.

But the real villain in this pathetic episode is not Wenger, nor the Barcelona bores who haves blurted out inane overtures for the last two years, it's the man himself: the fabulously fatuous Fabregas. The man at the centre of what had for a long time appeared to be a painfully never-ending pursuit has mostly kept schtum for the last two summers, except to cover himself like a dithering politician keen not to lose voters by hinting – often at the same time – that he would like to return to his boyhood club but that he is honoured to be at Arsenal.

The whole world knew that he wanted out of the Emirates to return to Barcelona, yet he failed to come out and say so openly, presumably to appear 'loyal' to Arsenal supporters.

But he's taken those same fans for a ride with his gutlessness by not handing in a transfer request. Steven Gerrard did it in 2005 yet still remains a club icon, while Wayne Rooney has won over the fans he had fuming with his disgusting act of greed in October last year; therefore, Fabregas can't claim that he didn't want to hand in a transfer request out of loyalty to Arsenal supporters, who have hero-worshipped him throughout this sordid saga.

http://u.goal.com/125700/125756_thumb.jpg

"The whole world knew that he wanted out of the Emirates to return to Barcelona, yet he failed to so openly, presumably to appear loyal to Arsenal"

Quite clearly the impish schemer was thinking as much with his bank balance as he was with his heart, not wanting to walk away from the small fortune he'd be entitled to receive by being sold – ostensibly – against his wishes having not handed in a transfer request. Finally he did realise that to make his dream move come true he would have to fork into his own pocket, but in coming to his senses so late he has risked ruining the summer of the club he professes to love.

Now though, finally, he's gone. Arsenal have a small fortune to spend (though knowing Wenger's spreadsheet ways, he might be happy to just add most of that to the profit margin) and should be strengthened, their fans can stop worrying about whether or not their skipper will be sold, and Xavi and Pedro and all the other morons will shut up once and for all.

The world might not have stopped turning the day Fabregas finally got his wish, but by golly it's a less tedious one now.

Oh, and Cesc, on the off chance that you read this: on behalf of all of those that have been bored stiff by you, please do not ever come back.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/12/2615217/adios-cesc-fabregas-and-the-worlds-most-tedious-transfer

Article is spot on

Master Splinter
12-08-2011, 04:40 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/12/2615217/adios-cesc-fabregas-and-the-worlds-most-tedious-transfer

Article is spot on

They just forgot to call him a cunt.

Cripps_orig
12-08-2011, 04:42 PM
They just forgot to call him a cunt.

Read it properly next time

Of course, however, they had a right to be narked off at the sanctimoniously melodramatic ways in which Barcelona players, managers, officials, sympathisers and assorted reprobates have tried to entice the little cunt back home.

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 04:45 PM
the government still taxes us

cunts

Cripps_orig
12-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Sky Sports sources understand that Barcelona have told Cesc Fabregas to stay in England until after Sunday's Spanish Super Cup.
Following years of interest and speculation, a spokesperson for the European champions announced on Friday lunchtime that the transfer of the Arsenal (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif captain, which is worth a speculated £35million, could finally be completed 'within hours'.
Fabregas (http://topics.skysports.com/Cesc+Fabregas/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif was therefore set to fly to Spain this afternoon in order to put the finish touches to his return to his boyhood club before attending Sunday's Super Cup between Barcelona (http://topics.skysports.com/barcelona/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Real Madrid. (http://topics.skysports.com/Real+Madrid/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
But Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola has told the midfielder, who is expected to sign a five-year contract and is viewed as a long-term successor to Xavi, to cancel the flight in order to avoid upsetting Arsenal.
Fabregas has not been included in the Premier League club's squad for Saturday's season-opener at Newcastle, (http://topics.skysports.com/newcastle/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif however, the Gunners say a sale has yet to be concluded

As a result, the 24-year-old will stay in England while the deal is finalised over the weekend and it is expected he will then be unveiled as a Barcelona player on Monday.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7095758,00.html

Wtf?

Tell him to fuck off now

Japan Shaking All Over
12-08-2011, 04:59 PM
the birds still chirp away

cu#ts

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 05:00 PM
cu#ts

To put it mildly...

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-08-2011, 05:03 PM
"Do we want to buy? I don't know because at the moment we have too big a squad, we have too many players," he added.

When he says things like that, I get really dark thoughts....like it's a shame the looters didn't get to his house. I don't mean him actual harm, but i've paid fourty quid to go and see a european game where our involvement in the champions league is in the balance.........do you want to buy?....you promised us a defender you bird nosed c**t!

Olivier's xmas twist
12-08-2011, 06:12 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7095758,00.html

Wtf?

Tell him to fuck off now

How Can he When a deal is not even done, no matter what those barca cunts say.

The problem we have is that it is unsettlling the sqaud, we even have players who just signed who already asking WTF is going on and will i ever win things with this club.

This is the 1st time i have seen the club in a mess and you have to fear for where we will finiash if the problems are not sorted.

Jacky_Wilshere19
12-08-2011, 08:00 PM
This has been hanging on for days, just wish it can be done either way, if we're gonna sell him then just get the deal done. Its frustrating reading about "Fabregas close to Barca deal...." crap.

Ironing
12-08-2011, 08:28 PM
according to some guy on twitter

"

There might penalty fees in the deal for breaking the NDA clause, could mean Barcelona will have to pay more.

Arsenal will now assess the situation and decide on whether or not to cancel the deal, which is unlikely. Fabregas will get his transfer.

Barca now fear that Arsenal will use the NDA clause to void the Fabregas transfer, which has already been agreed between the clubs.

Fabregas told his friends at Barcelona, who then leaked the transfer through their Twitter feeds.

After today's blunder, Barcelona are in panic mode trying to hush the leak, as there was a non-disclosure agreement between the clubs.

"

https://twitter.com/#!/catalconspiracy

Darth Vela
12-08-2011, 08:32 PM
:lol:

If it makes them panic and gives us more cash, it's all good.

Niall_Quinn
12-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Trying to hide the final fee I suppose. The Sun and the Indie (I think) were talking of figures as low as £18mill with £5mill in the future, up to £5mill more based on performance and Fabregas kicking in £4mill himself. Given that not having to pay Fabregas does not count as a fee paid by Barca, the final fee could be as low as £23mill (what Barca originally wanted to pay) if Fabregas or Barca don't hit the performance targets. That's if the Sun and Indie have it right, of course. Whatever, we got well fucked on this deal, never seen a top player go for such a minuscule fee.

KSE Comedy Club
12-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Trying to hide the final fee I suppose. The Sun and the Indie (I think) were talking of figures as low as £18mill with £5mill in the future, up to £5mill more based on performance and Fabregas kicking in £4mill himself. Given that not having to pay Fabregas does not count as a fee paid by Barca, the final fee could be as low as £23mill (what Barca originally wanted to pay) if Fabregas or Barca don't hit the performance targets. That's if the Sun and Indie have it right, of course. Whatever, we got well fucked on this deal, never seen a top player go for such a minuscule fee.

It is a shit deal tbh, whatever it is.

But NQ, we've finally managed to offload the biggest burden the club has. No more will he / wont he, no more barcunt players tapping up, no more 'hamstring injury'. Plus if we ever get to face them in the CL again, they wont have an extra player on the opposing team to set them up to score.

It really is best for the club that he is going.

Ironing
12-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Soon this predictive thread title will have finally realised itself in all it's accuracy

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2011, 12:03 AM
It is a shit deal tbh, whatever it is.

But NQ, we've finally managed to offload the biggest burden the club has. No more will he / wont he, no more barcunt players tapping up, no more 'hamstring injury'. Plus if we ever get to face them in the CL again, they wont have an extra player on the opposing team to set them up to score.

It really is best for the club that he is going.

I'd agree if the club was resolving this and moving forwards. But we aren't. Fabregas going just means the squad is even weaker than it was last year and we all saw the results of that. If I thought Wenger had that £35mill in his hand ready to land a top CB and then throw some of the millions they've banked over the last few years into landing a replacement, that would be a good deal. But he's not, he's sniffing around in the lower league trying to get mediocre cover for defenders who aren't good enough in the first place.

He's already blown the deal to land a suitable replacement for Fabregas by penny pinching again. We've still got a kid in goal, a problem that's been ongoing for years, still unresolved. We have no plan B up top if RvP gets injured, we'll need to rely on the consistently useless Vela, bringing Theo in from the wing and hoping that works out, Hoping Gervinho acclimatises instantly to PL football and don't even get me started on that freebie piece of shit Chamakh. So Fabregas is gone and Nasri is following him out the door. £50mill (maybe) but at least £40mill, plus that damn £35mill the board have claimed we've had year after year and yet we still make a profit in the transfer windows. And who are we after? Scott Dann for £6mill. Some kid for less than 1Mill, and then another kid for £15mill, what the hell is going on? Kids all over the place as experience and talent walks out the door.

Fabregas going brings one saga to and end, but don't hold your breath waiting for some stability and progress at this club. We still have the RvP saga to come, and the Wilshere circus. What we've proved is that all it takes is an agent's whisper in a player's ear and that player is as good as gone, we don't have the collective balls anywhere in the club to hang on to our players and neither do we have any sort of a plan to move forward rather sink backwards, this making it even more likely our players will abandon ship.

This isn't ending, it's only the start and things will accelerate. Wenger's crackpot policies and the board's supreme greed and deceit are finally coming home to roost as the last few of our established players leave. And we'll be asking these incoming kids to try and prop us up just a bit longer, keep qualifying for that 4th place "trophy" so the money keeps rolling in.

I'll tell you what it is - vandalism. That's what Wenger and the board have done, they've vandalised the team and this is just the latest act. More of what's gone before and more of what's to come.

KSE Comedy Club
13-08-2011, 12:29 AM
God damn it NQ

:ilt:

Niall_Quinn
13-08-2011, 01:16 AM
God damn it NQ

I do motivational classes and kids' parties too if you are interested.

Elreactor
13-08-2011, 03:09 AM
God damn it NQ

Another Gunner killed by Wenger.

Congratulations Monsieur

Power n Glory
13-08-2011, 08:05 AM
I'd agree if the club was resolving this and moving forwards. But we aren't. Fabregas going just means the squad is even weaker than it was last year and we all saw the results of that. If I thought Wenger had that £35mill in his hand ready to land a top CB and then throw some of the millions they've banked over the last few years into landing a replacement, that would be a good deal. But he's not, he's sniffing around in the lower league trying to get mediocre cover for defenders who aren't good enough in the first place.

He's already blown the deal to land a suitable replacement for Fabregas by penny pinching again. We've still got a kid in goal, a problem that's been ongoing for years, still unresolved. We have no plan B up top if RvP gets injured, we'll need to rely on the consistently useless Vela, bringing Theo in from the wing and hoping that works out, Hoping Gervinho acclimatises instantly to PL football and don't even get me started on that freebie piece of shit Chamakh. So Fabregas is gone and Nasri is following him out the door. £50mill (maybe) but at least £40mill, plus that damn £35mill the board have claimed we've had year after year and yet we still make a profit in the transfer windows. And who are we after? Scott Dann for £6mill. Some kid for less than 1Mill, and then another kid for £15mill, what the hell is going on? Kids all over the place as experience and talent walks out the door.

Fabregas going brings one saga to and end, but don't hold your breath waiting for some stability and progress at this club. We still have the RvP saga to come, and the Wilshere circus. What we've proved is that all it takes is an agent's whisper in a player's ear and that player is as good as gone, we don't have the collective balls anywhere in the club to hang on to our players and neither do we have any sort of a plan to move forward rather sink backwards, this making it even more likely our players will abandon ship.

This isn't ending, it's only the start and things will accelerate. Wenger's crackpot policies and the board's supreme greed and deceit are finally coming home to roost as the last few of our established players leave. And we'll be asking these incoming kids to try and prop us up just a bit longer, keep qualifying for that 4th place "trophy" so the money keeps rolling in.

I'll tell you what it is - vandalism. That's what Wenger and the board have done, they've vandalised the team and this is just the latest act. More of what's gone before and more of what's to come.

Wenger is the biggest burden. Most of us knew that if we sold them, we wouldn't get replacements. How is it possible that we're able to spend up to £15m on some unproven kid from the lower leagues and not willing to trigger Mata's buyout clause for £22m or one of the many defenders we've been linked with?

Enrique went to Liverpool for £6m, we sold Clichy for £7m.

Shay Given went to Villa for £3.5m. Stekelenburg went to Roma for £5.3m. We've still got Fabianski in goal and he's still a kid.

It's a shambles.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2011, 08:28 AM
I agree Enrique to pool for 6 would have been good biz by us
he attacks and has played in PL
we do seem to moss the boat on a fair share

Özim
13-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Wenger is the biggest burden. Most of us knew that if we sold them, we wouldn't get replacements. How is it possible that we're able to spend up to £15m on some unproven kid from the lower leagues and not willing to trigger Mata's buyout clause for £22m or one of the many defenders we've been linked with?

Shay Given went to Villa for £3.5m. Stekelenburg went to Roma for £5.3m. We've still got Fabianski in goal and he's still a kid.

It's a shambles.
He's not a manager he's a clown to be honest.

No decent manager would do the things he does, he's happy to sell players and then make lame excuses about big squad, super quality players, waiting periods etc etc.

He acts like a total tosspot, unfortunately money talks where the board are concerned so raking in 50-60 million is probably great for them.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:02 AM

It's a shambles.

He's 26 Hardly a kid

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Just seen this comment from Wenger on the BBC:

You do not want to lose big players. We fight to have big players so you do not want to lose them

F*cking pr*ck, you fight to get players do you.....last time I looked all you signed is nobodies and kids.....some of them might turn out good but you certainly fight to have big players.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14482418.stm

Arsene Wenger still denying he's leave saying he doesn't expect anyone to leave :rolleyes:

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:04 AM
He's not a manager he's a clown to be honest.

No decent manager would do the things he does, he's happy to sell players and then make lame excuses about big squad, super quality players, waiting periods etc etc.

He acts like a total tosspot, unfortunately money talks where the board are concerned so raking in 50-60 million is probably great for them.

He's Hardly a Clown, Just someone whos lost his way and feels what he is doing is right. He is smart enough to do things the right way but like you said he don't have too because he pleases the board and vice versa.

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:06 AM
He's Hardly a Clown, Just someone whos lost his way and feels what he is doing is right. He is smart enough to do things the right way but like you said he don't have too because he pleases the board and vice versa.
I don't think he comes across smart at all, someone smart doesn't make the strange decisions he's been making....selling players late on with noone line-up, not finding quality in the summer, signings kids for big money in areas we don't need, not signing players in areas we do need, never learning from mistakes and also coming out with sh*t every f*cking time he talks.

He's a clown alright, he just doesn't see how much of a fool he making of himself, he seems to have no self awareness.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Just seen this comment from Wenger on the BBC:

F*cking pr*ck, you fight to get players do you.....last time I looked all you signed is nobodies and kids.....some of them might turn out good but you certainly fight to have big players.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14482418.stm

Arsene Wenger still denying he's leave saying he doesn't expect anyone to leave :rolleyes:

Recyling old quotes i see , and he mever said he fights to get big players read it again and stop picking out what you want to attack the man.

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Recyling old quotes i see , and he mever said he fights to get big players read it again and stop picking out what you want to attack the man.
He says:

We fight to have big players so you do not want to lose them."
How do you fight to have big players if you don't sign them exactly?

Also it's not an old quote it's from today's article on the BBC, this is what the guy said.

Power n Glory
13-08-2011, 10:10 AM
He's 26 Hardly a kid

I meant Chesney. Fabianski is inexperienced and prone to mistakes because he lacks confidence...or just plain shit. An experienced goalkeeper that knows how to organise a defence could help our defensive problems. Kolo said everyone was afraid to make a mistake because mad Jens would shout at them.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:12 AM
I meant Chesney. Fabianski is inexperienced and prone to mistakes because he lacks confidence...or just plain shit. An experienced goalkeeper that knows how to organise a defence could help our defensive problems. Kolo said everyone was afraid to make a mistake because mad Jens would shout at them.

Yeah agree, although i felt had we had fabs in goal we would have won the league or at least the cc, as he was used to mistakes and looked calm last season.

Power n Glory
13-08-2011, 10:15 AM

He's a clown. Just checked my Facebook and that Stan remix was just sent to me from one of Chelsea mates. Rival fans are entertained by his antics.

Just look at the Goonersweb banner. That photo of Arsene in the Manure stands and the water bottle throwing stuff isn't helping his image.

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 10:17 AM
I don't think he comes across smart at all, someone smart doesn't make the strange decisions he's been making....selling players late on with noone line-up, not finding quality in the summer, signings kids for big money in areas we don't need, not signing players in areas we do need, never learning from mistakes and also coming out with sh*t every f*cking time he talks.

He's a clown alright, he just doesn't see how much of a fool he making of himself, he seems to have no self awareness.

Actually, he's doing what most people wanted in terms of dismantling the parts of a team that failed and bringing in alternative options, the only trouble is that they're youngsters. I don't think he knows how else to do it as a rebuild with all the players we need to replace would have taken a good 70 or even 80 million to get the required quality, I'd look the other way for two years and then look back again if I were you, cos these players are going to play the way you wanted in that time but it might well be another barren few years.

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:17 AM
He's a clown. Just checked my Facebook and that Stan remix was just sent to me from one of Chelsea mates. Rival fans are entertained by his antics.

Just look at the Goonersweb banner. That photo of Arsene in the Manure stands and the water bottle throwing stuff isn't helping his image.
Agreed, his comments and actions are often inexplicable...he's fast becoming a laughing stock to opposition fans as well as his own.

He's been very cringeworthy in recent years.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:18 AM
He says:

By Making sure you can do everything you can to make them want to join you, If you done all you can and they decide to go elsewhere, not much more you can do.

someone smart doesn't make the strange decisions he's been making....

In your Opinion, to his bosses he is being clever and saving them money, Until the old farts on the board decide to go and the whole board is Clensed, or we get a suga daddy that you crave, Things won't change.

You can't say the reason AW is not spending money is because he is not a clever man, its because he is cheap maybe or Stingy but he is deffo clever.

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 10:18 AM
He says:

Also it's not an old quote it's from today's article on the BBC, this is what the guy said.

You don't think Cesc is a big player? Or Van Persie? Or Arshavin?

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Actually, he's doing what most people wanted in terms of dismantling the parts of a team that failed and bringing in alternative options, the only trouble is that they're youngsters. I don't think he knows how else to do it as a rebuild with all the players we need to replace would have taken a good 70 or even 80 million to get the required quality, I'd look the other way for two years and then look back again if I were you, cos these players are going to play the way you wanted in that time but it might well be another barren few years.
I disagree you see, people wanted a defence and a striker first and foremost (and maybe a DM) as well as a defensive coach.

A winger would have been good but we didn't need two and we certainly didn't need to pay 15 million for a kid (who I do rate, however we have more pressing matters)

Once again he's doing the illogical, he just won't do the logical things because he doesn't seem to want to be proven wrong.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:21 AM

Funny how when he 1st did that pose everyone hailed him as some Hero, now its Hurting his Image, do you think the man cares about image or being called a loser etc.

If you think he is not aware of his behaviour the more fool you. If you think when he says "i did not see it" he means it then more fool you.

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:23 AM
done all you can and they decide to go elsewhere, not much more you can do.
He doesn't, firstly he's too cheap, secondly he only signs kids and preaches a botu 4th like it's a major trophy.....top players don't want to join a losing team, they want to join a club with ambition.

In your Opinion, to his bosses he is being clever and saving them money, Until the old farts on the board decide to go and the whole board is Clensed, or we get a suga daddy that you crave, Things won't change.

You can't say the reason AW is not spending money is because he is not a clever man, its because he is cheap maybe or Stingy but he is deffo clever.
Yeah but of course they'll be happy, all they care about is money, thing is he's a football manager and his job is to deliver on the pitch by definition not in the pocket. If he wants to deal with finances let him go and become club accountant and let someone who cares about the results manage the team.

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:24 AM
You don't think Cesc is a big player? Or Van Persie? Or Arshavin?
Well other that maybe Arshaving the other came as kids, they weren't big players....so he didn't fight to have them.

Power n Glory
13-08-2011, 10:24 AM

Nobody wanted this. People were calling for experienced players and clearing out the rubbish. Denilson is only on loan for a year, Bendy, Eboue, Vela and Rosicjy are still here, we're on the verge of selling two more first team platers, that's three in total.....nobody called for thus.

We all hoped to see an active summer where we bought experienced class players. Not kids.

Also, look around Europe and the prices players are going for and it's not that bad. As I said, we could have had a GK and LB for cheap.

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Funny how when he 1st did that pose everyone hailed him as some Hero, now its Hurting his Image, do you think the man cares about image or being called a loser etc.

If you think he is not aware of his behaviour the more fool you. If you think when he says "i did not see it" he means it then more fool you.
If he was aware of his behaviour he wouldn't do it, most people don't like to embarrass themselves....he does it a lot these days.

He acts like a child and when he isn't doing that he acts like he's senile. It's pretty cringeworthy.

Joker
13-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Wenger may be smart, but his overall philosophy is seriously damaging to the welfare of the clubs and shows scant regard for the supporters themselves. In any case, smart people can do very stupid things.

Milton Friedman was a very intelligent man (and like Wenger, a free market monetarist fundamentalist), however his economic policy prescriptions created havoc in this country and led to spiralling unemployment. Enoch Powell was a classical scholar and a had a fine mind, but his views on race were abhorrent and his prediction of widespread race riots haven't materialised. Same with Wenger's prediction that his youth project would eventually deliver a trophy once they mature and develop.

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Nobody wanted this. People were calling for experienced players and clearing out the rubbish. Denilson is only on loan for a year, Bendy, Eboue, Vela and Rosicjy are still here, we're on the verge of selling two more first team platers, that's three in total.....nobody called for thus.

We all hoped to see an active summer where we bought experienced class players. Not kids.

Also, look around Europe and the prices players are going for and it's not that bad. As I said, we could have had a GK and LB for cheap.
Pretty much, most of the players who are leaving (thinking of leaving) wanted to leave anyway....Bendtner, Clichy, Denilson all said as much...he's hardly shoved them out the door.

On top of that he's not signed anyone the fans really wanted.

Power n Glory
13-08-2011, 10:27 AM

I never hailed that shit as being hero. It's funny...hence he amuses me....hence the clown. If he doesn't care about his image, then he has no problems with me calling him a clown. I don't know what you're on about with the 'more fool you' talk.

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 10:29 AM
I disagree you see, people wanted a defence and a striker first and foremost (and maybe a DM) as well as a defensive coach.

A winger would have been good but we didn't need two and we certainly didn't need to pay 15 million for a kid (who I do rate, however we have more pressing matters)

Once again he's doing the illogical, he just won't do the logical things because he doesn't seem to want to be proven wrong.

Yeah, and we've bought a striker and a few wingers in order to change up the way we play, we're going to try and counter-attack more, something which you've been outspoken about so I would think you'll welcome it.

We will buy a defender but a far worse issue was with the organisation and defending of set-pieces, something that needed to be worked on over the summer in training, which we did.

Wenger is trying to fix it in the only way he knows possible, with youngsters. The difference is though, now we have older heads like Arshavin/RvP/Vermaelen and guys who have a reasonable amount of experience even at a young age, like Rambo/Wilshere/Song and it might work this time. You don't like what's happening, hell I don't like what's happening as I think we need a little more experience but it's all perfectly logical as long as you have a little perspective.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Pretty much, most of the players who are leaving (thinking of leaving) wanted to leave anyway....Bendtner, Clichy, Denilson all said as much...he's hardly shoved them out the door.

On top of that he's not signed anyone the fans really wanted.

Did he telll you he was going to

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:31 AM
If he was aware of his behaviour he wouldn't do it, most people don't like to embarrass themselves....he does it a lot these days.

He acts like a child and when he isn't doing that he acts like he's senile. It's pretty cringeworthy.

He acts like a child to protect the team thats the problem, all managers do it.

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Yeah, and we've bought a striker and a few wingers in order to change up the way we play, we're going to try and counter-attack more, something which you've been outspoken about so I would think you'll welcome it.

We will buy a defender but a far worse issue was with the organisation and defending of set-pieces, something that needed to be worked on over the summer in training, which we did.

Wenger is trying to fix it in the only way he knows possible, with youngsters. The difference is though, now we have older heads like Arshavin/RvP/Vermaelen and guys who have a reasonable amount of experience even at a young age, like Rambo/Wilshere/Song and it might work this time. You don't like what's happening, hell I don't like what's happening as I think we need a little more experience but it's all perfectly logical as long as you have a little perspective.
Sorry but he's not fixing anything IMO.

I don't my Oxo cube, but he's too expensive and too young at this stage. Gervinho is OK but we needed a striker to score goals first and foremost.

In all honesty we needed a defence and DM and a striker.

The other stuff was nice but not the most important.

Power n Glory
13-08-2011, 10:32 AM
No they bloody well don't!

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Did he telll you he was going to
No but the fact he doesn't recognise problems in the team makes him deluded.

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:34 AM
He acts like a child to protect the team thats the problem, all managers do it.
No they don't, he's looking a little insane at the moment....i've never seen another manager acting like this.

As for protecting the team, you are kidding right...where the f*ck has that got us exactly, it doesn't work it's been proven, they never have any bottle, never deliver and then want to move on.

Maybe it's time he stopped protecting them and told it how it is, people might have more respect for him (including the players).

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:34 AM
I never hailed that shit as being hero. It's funny...hence he amuses me....hence the clown. If he doesn't care about his image, then he has no problems with me calling him a clown. I don't know what you're on about with the 'more fool you' talk.#

I Never said, you hailed that, i said people hailed that. End of the day he does make himself look like a pratt, just like that Gazidaz bloke, What can be done about it.

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:35 AM
#

I Never said, you hailed that, i said people hailed that. End of the day he does make himself look like a pratt, just like that Gazidaz bloke, What can be done about it.
Fans could protest about it, why let him get away with it just because the board only care about money.

The attitude that nothing can be done is wrong, if fans make their voices heard they will have to take notice eventually, theat's where their income comes from and we know how much they value that.

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 10:36 AM

You wanted a clearout and we're having one.

I was being a tad facetious there, I'll concede that, as I know damn well that people want experience, I want experience but this is the only way Wenger knows, maybe it's the only way or maybe there's a better way and he should be on his way out but it all makes sense. As I said in my reply to Zimm, maybe it'll be different with more experience in the squad and a different blend of players but I ain't holding my breath any more tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:36 AM
No but the fact he doesn't recognise problems in the team makes him deluded.

Never asked that, i asked did he tell you he was going to bring in big stars. No sure why your upset, you being saying all season we'd not bring in anyone so why you mad for,

we not winning the league the club has indicated that there buying players to finish top 4 thats the aim.

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:38 AM
You wanted a clearout and we're having one.

I was being a tad facetious there, I'll concede that, as I know damn well that people want experience, I want experience but this is the only way Wenger knows, maybe it's the only way or maybe there's a better way and he should be on his way out but it all makes sense. As I said in my reply to Zimm, maybe it'll be different with more experience in the squad and a different blend of players but I ain't holding my breath any more tbh.
Yes I did that's true, however I wanted some quality signed in key areas for once, he's not done that.

I don't understand the comment about it being all he knows, if you want experience you can sign it, nothing stops you except yourself (and sometimes the cost)...he just doesn't want to.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Fans could protest about it, why let him get away with it just because the board only care about money.

The attitude that nothing can be done is wrong, if fans make their voices heard they will have to take notice eventually, theat's where their income comes from and we know how much they value that.

Yep because the fans has done much so far haven't they. People will pay to watch arsenal thats the problem, people to scared to vote with their feet.

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Sorry but he's not fixing anything IMO.

I don't my Oxo cube, but he's too expensive and too young at this stage. Gervinho is OK but we needed a striker to score goals first and foremost.

In all honesty we needed a defence and DM and a striker.

The other stuff was nice but not the most important.

We bought a striker, promoted Frimpong and we will buy another defender. THAT is the fixing, it probably won't be an immediate thing and I'm as pissed off at that as anyone but it IS an attempt to solve the issues, not an altogether ignorance of our problems but a different attempt to fix it than the way everyone else seems to look at it.

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Never asked that, i asked did he tell you he was going to bring in big stars. No sure why your upset, you being saying all season we'd not bring in anyone so why you mad for,

we not winning the league the club has indicated that there buying players to finish top 4 thats the aim.
That's a pretty stupid question to be honest, why would he I don't know him?

Yes I did and it p*sses me off he's still here and on top of that we seem to be selling more of our top players without anyone being lined-up.

I just wish people would make it clear he's not wanted and force them to act.

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Yep because the fans has done much so far haven't they. People will pay to watch arsenal thats the problem, people to scared to vote with their feet.
Yup that's exactly it, fear....fear of what I don't know.

and that's the reason it'll continue for years, too many people who are too frightened to mkae it clear they're not happy. At several other clubs they make their feelings known, you have to respect them for that.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:42 AM

to the Board who cares what people were asking for, so we get 6 quality players in who all want 90K a week do you think we can afford it. i mean people seem to think we could offer Ageuro and players like that 200K a week if we wanted too. People really beed to get out of the fantasy world.

However with cesc going we should be able to offer decent wages now, AW should be on his Knees sucking nasris balls with a big pay rise to get him to stay.

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:42 AM
We bought a striker, promoted Frimpong and we will buy another defender. THAT is the fixing, it probably won't be an immediate thing and I'm as pissed off at that as anyone but it IS an attempt to solve the issues, not an altogether ignorance of our problems but a different attempt to fix it than the way everyone else seems to look at it.
Gervinho is a winger not a striker to be honest, Frimpong is a kid and I don't even think he'll amount to anything, like most of the kids.

If you need someone to get goals, don't then sign a player who plays on the wing and whose game isn't about goals.

Power n Glory
13-08-2011, 10:44 AM
#

Ridicule...which is what I'm doing.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:45 AM
That's a pretty stupid question to be honest, why would he I don't know him?

Yes I did and it p*sses me off he's still here and on top of that we seem to be selling more of our top players without anyone being lined-up.

I just wish people would make it clear he's not wanted and force them to act.

People are but they are hitting a brick wall as the boared don't wana know, It don't help when Dein says AW should be At Arsenal forever.

Yup that's exactly it, fear....fear of what I don't know.

and that's the reason it'll continue for years, too many people who are too frightened to mkae it clear they're not happy. At several other clubs they make their feelings known, you have to respect them for that.

This is why i Cancelled my red member ship, now i know its not the same as a season ticket, but fuck it im not giving any more money to Arsenal even if it is 30 pound a year, i could add that money to a bill and get it paid quickly.

Özim
13-08-2011, 10:48 AM
This is why i Cancelled my red member ship, now i know its not the same as a season ticket, but fuck it im not giving any more money to Arsenal even if it is 30 pound a year, i could add that money to a bill and get it paid quickly.
Good on you, I love the club but hate the way it takes the fans for granted.

PHW is a prime example, he pretty thinks he can say whatever he wants.....when that happens you know they're getting too comfortable.

I'd love all this stuff to sort itself out without any need for drastic action, but it's clear it won't.

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Gervinho is a winger not a striker to be honest, Frimpong is a kid and I don't even think he'll amount to anything, like most of the kids.

If you need someone to get goals, don't then sign a player who plays on the wing and whose game isn't about goals.

Campbell, not Gervinho.

Although 15 goals and a similar level of assists from Gervinho isn't a bad return and I anticipate he'll get more here considering the kind of player he is and how desperate we've been for someone like him for a few seasons, he's playing like Nasri did for the first 4/5 months of the season.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Good on you, I love the club but hate the way it takes the fans for granted.

PHW is a prime example, he pretty thinks he can say whatever he wants.....when that happens you know they're getting too comfortable.

I'd love all this stuff to sort itself out without any need for drastic action, but it's clear it won't.

Problem is until you get someone who can relate to football in the board and can relate to the fans things won't change. PHW is a twat, just some Rich idiot, who thinks he is better then the rest of us poor people.

He's no better then Mike Ashley ot the twat at Everton.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 10:54 AM

you forget landsbury as well, who looks like he could do a job

Power n Glory
13-08-2011, 10:56 AM
to the Board who cares what people were asking for, so we get 6 quality players in who all want 90K a week do you think we can afford it. i mean people seem to think we could offer Ageuro and players like that 200K a week if we wanted too. People really beed to get out of the fantasy world.

However with cesc going we should be able to offer decent wages now, AW should be on his Knees sucking nasris balls with a big pay rise to get him to stay.

Please stop talking nonsense. A smaller squad means you can afford bigger wages. It doesn't have to be £200k players, but you get rid of three players that earn £50k for sitting out injured, on the bench....the type of players that shouldn't be wearing the Arsenal shirt, we could afford a pay out bigger wages to exceptional players.

But it doesn't take an Augero to beat Birmingham City in the Carling Cup final. We just needed more experienced players in key areas, like in goal, at the back and up front. And if we're going to sell Nasri and Cesc, we need to replace them with experienced players. With Nasri and Cesc off the wage bill, that's more money to spend.

Alias
13-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Lansbury will never be good enough to be a first team player.

Darth Vela
13-08-2011, 11:00 AM

Yeah, I reckon he could be useful, proper gooner and plenty of English experience after a while in the Championship.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Please stop talking nonsense. A smaller squad means you can afford bigger wages. It doesn't have to be £200k players, but you get rid of three players that earn £50k for sitting out injured, on the bench....the type of players that shouldn't be wearing the Arsenal shirt, we could afford a pay out bigger wages to exceptional players. But it doesn't take an Augero to beat Birmingham City in the Carling Cup final. We just needed more experienced players in key areas, like in goal, at the back and up front. And if we're going to sell Nasri and Cesc, we need to replace them with experienced players. With Nasri and Cesc off the wage bill, that's more money to spend.

Thats why i said if we bring in 6 players of qulaity its going to cost big money on wages. Everboydy wants mega signings at this club do you think top players want less then 120K a week these days. we can't afford much on wages even if we get rid of the shite on good money.

Power n Glory
13-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Thats why i said if we bring in 6 players of qulaity its going to cost big money on wages. Everboydy wants mega signings at this club do you think top players want less then 120K a week these days. we can't afford much on wages even if we get rid of the shite on good money.#

So Samba and Cahill will want £120k a week? A keeper like Given or the Dutch No.1 Stekelenburg are on £120k a week?

First thing first...we can't even agree with a transfer fee from the clubs, so wages doesn't even come into it. Also, nobody is calling for mega signings. Just experienced players.

Ernesto
13-08-2011, 12:14 PM
What I don't get is why the board have been procrastinating, dilly-dallying, pussyfooting around with Barcelona over the £35mil price tag only to agree a fee of £35mil in the end. F***in 'ell, it makes us look like a laughing stock.

The board and Wenger can pretend that we spent the whole summer trying to persuade Cesc to stay and time has caught up on Arsenal (i.e. the player wanted to leave and we had to accept any fee that came in for him) but that clearly isn't the case. I can't believe I'm saying this but we ought to have taken a leaf out of Tottenham's book and the stance they've taken on Modric.

The player wants to leave for Chelsea. It's as clear as day. However, Tottenham are continually shifting the goalposts, constantly pricing them out of a deal until, eventually, the player has to like it or lump it- he's staying a Spurs player. They did the same thing with Manchester United and the projected Berbatov deal. Spurs got a great deal out of it and, in spite of what Manchester United fans might tell you, they ended up paying £10mil too much for him in the end.

So very close to the big kick-off and we're already f***ed up personnel-wise. The worst start possible in terms of transfers in a long, long time and, what's more, it was self-evident that we WERE going to sell Nasri and Fabregas in cut-price deals as the transfer window closure came ever closer.

Ernesto
13-08-2011, 12:21 PM
And just to truly reinforce my point about Modric, Merse has just called him "one of the top 5 players in world football" on GSS :ilt:

Marc Overmars
13-08-2011, 12:25 PM
I think the difference is though Modric doesn't want to leave as intensely as Cesc. That saga also hasn't been going on as long, Spurs still hold a few chips there, where as we have pretty much gone all in.

Ernesto
13-08-2011, 12:35 PM
I think the difference is though Modric doesn't want to leave as intensely as Cesc. That saga also hasn't been going on as long, Spurs still hold a few chips there, where as we have pretty much gone all in.

We honestly don't know that. All we know is that Modric has put in a transfer request and Fabregas, ironically, hasn't (for all the bleating coming out of Catalunia). We can't gauge just how much either player wants to leave.

The only thing Spurs can offer Modric (that we have Cesc) is the armband and a pay-rise. Otherwise, the boards at WHL and the Emirates, although only a few miles away, are poles apart in terms of policy.

Özim
13-08-2011, 02:29 PM
We honestly don't know that. All we know is that Modric has put in a transfer request and Fabregas, ironically, hasn't (for all the bleating coming out of Catalunia). We can't gauge just how much either player wants to leave.

The only thing Spurs can offer Modric (that we have Cesc) is the armband and a pay-rise. Otherwise, the boards at WHL and the Emirates, although only a few miles away, are poles apart in terms of policy.
Well we kinda know that, one spends on transfers and the team, the other is only interested in profit.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-08-2011, 03:58 PM

We did take the same stance as them but it was last season. This is the first season Modric has shown a desire to leave, perhaps it will be a similar situation for him next summer.

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 04:09 PM
#

So Samba and Cahill will want £120k a week? A keeper like Given or the Dutch No.1 Stekelenburg are on £120k a week?

First thing first...we can't even agree with a transfer fee from the clubs, so wages doesn't even come into it. Also, nobody is calling for mega signings. Just experienced players.

BAM!!! Nail on the coffin! Game Set Match!

GP
13-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Nail on the coffin!

lol wut?

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Yeah, one nail isn't going to have much of an effect.

fakeyank
13-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah, one nail isn't going to have much of an effect.

This is the final nail.. :doh:

Didnt know the intelligence levels on GW has dropped so much. AW's effect I guess

Master Splinter
13-08-2011, 04:19 PM
AW's effect I guess

Nail on the coffin!

McNamara That Ghost...
13-08-2011, 04:20 PM
:rolleyes:

Dear me.

Cripps_orig
14-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Marca saying Cesc will have his medical on monday and might even play on wednesday.

If true, Cesc is an even bigger cunt. Funny how his injuries cleared up

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Marca saying Cesc will have his medical on monday and might even play on wednesday.

If true, Cesc is an even bigger cunt. Funny how his injuries cleared up

Why is he a cunt playing for his new club, did you really believe he was injured?

Cripps_orig
14-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Why is he a cunt playing for his new club, did you really believe he was injured?

Cos he refused to play for us all summer cos he had this "injury"

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Cos he refused to play for us all summer cos he had this "injury"

Thats what they told us

gunnerrrrr
14-08-2011, 02:34 PM
So this cunt of a captain can't even be bothered to tweet his good luck wishes to the team before the start of te season/Newcastle game, what a wanker

GP
14-08-2011, 02:41 PM
So this cunt of a captain can't even be bothered to tweet his good luck wishes to the team before the start of te season/Newcastle game, what a wanker

Maybe he told them in person? There are other forms of communication.

gunnerrrrr
14-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Maybe he told them in person? There are other forms of communication.

what from Barca?

GP
14-08-2011, 02:49 PM
what from Barca?

If you like.

gunnerrrrr
14-08-2011, 02:51 PM
If you like.
bigger wanker than i thought

The Realist
14-08-2011, 04:00 PM
From twitter:

Cesc Fabregas: "Just got my new blackberry bold 9900. Its amazing!"

One guy responded: "I guess you need something to entertain you when you sit on the barça bench."

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 06:01 PM
He been sold yet

Marc Overmars
14-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Ballague was on SSN earlier and said the deal will be completed tomorrow.

29m up front and 6m in various add-ons.

Bit of a shite deal really but when there's only one club to sell to and the player desperately wants out, then our chips are limited.

Well done to Wenger for holding them off for so long and seeing as we got him for 500k, it's still one heck of a profit. Lets hope the money is spent well and we can move on once and for all.

Cripps_orig
14-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Wenger bent over for them yet again.

Simple as.

For all the talk of £40m, we dont even get £30m?

I cant say im surprised. The cunt is the worst manager ive seen

Ernesto
14-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Wenger bent over for them yet again.

Simple as.

For all the talk of £40m, we dont even get £30m?

I cant say im surprised. The cunt is the worst manager ive seen

I am 100% with you as far as the price tag goes. It's a really shit deal as far as Arsenal are concerned and they could've got £40mil out of Barcelona.

However, I'm just not entirely sure just how much Wenger had to do with the deal as far as numbers are concerned. I'm convinced that he tried to get Fabregas to stay hence fulfilling his duty as a manager but is it really down to him to start discussing just how much we will sell him for?

Long gone are the days where David Dein would come out against the media and say "xxxxx is not for sale at any price" (the xxxxx normally meaning Patrick Vieira). What's more, we'd have faith in Dein's words.

Now, I just don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

Elreactor
14-08-2011, 07:27 PM
But what is the fucking exatc price for this cunt to finally leave for the cunt-matrix? Less than 30M? I can´t believe they even talked about him "forgiving" the 4M that Arsenal should pay him, because he didn´t request the transfer? This is sickening, Barcelona who are ridiculously rich, get a highly valued player for some pennies (because no matter he contributed SHIT to win anything at Arsenal, he should be very expensive).

But still, Barcelona paid 26 + 11.5 add ons for some Alexis Sanchez, more than for their life long target Fartegas?

Of course, paying 15M for a certain Alex Malibu-Stacy, and now this other Jadson who suddenly is a top class player, will pave the way to glory. Surely they are the famous "right players at the right price".

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Fabregas wanting to go was irrelevant, he'd signed a contract. Barcelona being the only team bidding is irrelevant. The price was £40mill. The club set that prices and then caved in, a horrendous message to send for all our future transfer dealings. We'll pay for this transfer time and time again, starting with RvP next season and Wilshere after that. We've pretty much given out a blueprint of how to fuck us over in the transfer market. Wenger is weak, so is the board. Their legs go to jelly whenever they sniff money coming in. This will be another year of making profits in the transfer window, by a club supposedly competing for trophies. Like hell we are, you don't go on a 5 year program of weakening the team if you are serious about winning. It's all about the money and has been for a long time.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Btw, what about the targets we've supposedly been after? Everton and Bolton have stuck firm on their in-contract players, even the ones with just a year left on their contract. So if it's inevitable that a player wants to leave why aren't Everton and Bolton caving on the price? These clubs have had no other offers, so they say. Why can't we just offer £5mill and then wait for the "inevitable?" Fabregas will probably be worth £80mill the minute he pulls a Barcelona shirt on.

Ernesto
14-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Fabregas wanting to go was irrelevant, he'd signed a contract. Barcelona being the only team bidding is irrelevant. The price was £40mill. The club set that prices and then caved in, a horrendous message to send for all our future transfer dealings. We'll pay for this transfer time and time again, starting with RvP next season and Wilshere after that. We've pretty much given out a blueprint of how to fuck us over in the transfer market. Wenger is weak, so is the board. Their legs go to jelly whenever they sniff money coming in. This will be another year of making profits in the transfer window, by a club supposedly competing for trophies. Like hell we are, you don't go on a 5 year program of weakening the team if you are serious about winning. It's all about the money and has been for a long time.

Excellent post, yet again.

A bit of a side topic, but when do you reckon booing the team is justified? Should a sh!t result against Liverpool on Saturday (and I'm talking even scraping a draw here) entice the more vociferous fans to air their views (or boos, so to speak)?

The pressure was on Roy Hodgson at Anfield from day one last season. We all said the Scousers were silly, and that Arsenal and Wenger were a far cry from that, but do you reckon we have reached that sort of breaking point with our manager?

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 07:49 PM
I don't think the team is responsible for the transfer policy and I bet a lot of the players are just as frustrated as the fans. RvP has already started to make noise about strengthening the team, so have Theo and Arshavin. So has Wilshere. These players won't hang around to see the club sink lower. It's the board that needs to be booed, they are ultimately responsible. Wenger answers to them and they do nothing expect express how much they support him. So they as much as say our continued decline is acceptable and that's a perfectly valid reason for any fan who expects a lot more than mediocrity from the highest charging club in the world to boo loud and clear.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 07:53 PM
I think if we draw with Liverpool there'll be boos or at least a chorus of 'spend some fucking money', it just seems standard operating procedure nowdays that anything less than a win is unacceptable and should be greeted with nothing but derision.

It's completely different to Hodgson as that was his first season, Wenger has now failed for 3 years straight imo (whilst still maintaining a reasonable standard, it should be noted), more in some other peoples eyes; there's a good majority close or past the breaking point already here.

Cripps_orig
14-08-2011, 08:01 PM
I am 100% with you as far as the price tag goes. It's a really shit deal as far as Arsenal are concerned and they could've got £40mil out of Barcelona.

However, I'm just not entirely sure just how much Wenger had to do with the deal as far as numbers are concerned. I'm convinced that he tried to get Fabregas to stay hence fulfilling his duty as a manager but is it really down to him to start discussing just how much we will sell him for?

Long gone are the days where David Dein would come out against the media and say "xxxxx is not for sale at any price" (the xxxxx normally meaning Patrick Vieira). What's more, we'd have faith in Dein's words.

Now, I just don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

Wenger has a lot of say in too much shit at this club and no doubt he had a say in letting Cesc go. We all know what happened

Cunt 1 (Cesc) - Please Arsene, you are like my adopted father but please let me go to the blood of my blood and back home to my real family.

Cunt 2 (Wenger) - Non you will not go for less than £40m so either tell ur Barcunt friends to pay up or stfu tbh but lets face it, you havent told them to stfu yet so why start now?

Cunt 1 - If you let me go, i promise to never reveal those pictures of you and Eboue and a certain tiger suit involved.

Cunt 2 - Oh shit, i didnt know you knew about that. Il have a word with the money grabbng cunts (Board) and get a deal done asap.

Few hours later in the boardroom

Cunt 2 - I feel it is in the best interest of this club if we let cunt 1 go asap. He is unhappy and im too much of a pussy to be tough on my players and instead prefer bending over for them. I just hope my asshole is big enough for Cesc and Barcas cock.

Money grabbing cunts - What do you suggest? We accept their offer? The fans wont be happy.

Cunt 2 - Who gives a fuck about the fans?

MGC - You speak sense. Consider it done.

True story

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 08:18 PM
I think if we draw with Liverpool there'll be boos or at least a chorus of 'spend some fucking money', it just seems standard operating procedure nowdays that anything less than a win is unacceptable and should be greeted with nothing but derision.

It's completely different to Hodgson as that was his first season, Wenger has now failed for 3 years straight imo (whilst still maintaining a reasonable standard, it should be noted), more in some other peoples eyes; there's a good majority close or past the breaking point already here.

I really don't think the final third of last season was in any way an acceptable standard, but I do think it highlighted what 5 years of neglect has done to the team. It's starting to look likely this negligent policy is set to be continued this year. There are plenty of reasons to complain.

I also think it's improbable we'll get anything out of our next two games which could well leave us bottom of the table on one point. Plus we could be out of the CL before it begins. I think there'll be a fair amount of booing if that happens.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 08:36 PM
I really don't think the final third of last season was in any way an acceptable standard, but I do think it highlighted what 5 years of neglect has done to the team. It's starting to look likely this negligent policy is set to be continued this year. There are plenty of reasons to complain.

I also think it's improbable we'll get anything out of our next two games which could well leave us bottom of the table on one point. Plus we could be out of the CL before it begins. I think there'll be a fair amount of booing if that happens.

Oh, I agree with most of that, especially about the football last season, usually I can see the positives but that turgid crap we were churning out was ridiculous. There are reasons to complain but there's actually reason to be tentatively positive after the Newcastle game as well, good defensive performance and quicker play, the only thing we were lacking was a bit of sharpness (:lol:) and a spark in midfield, which is kinda understandable given the guys we have out and will (hopefully) have a replacement for. In the spur of the moment you don't think about these things though, more nervous moments make for more unrest.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 08:57 PM

And rigtly so, We'd have the mancs in the next game and not sure we'd win that one, so we want some points on the bored sooner rather then later.

Problem is it would one of those seasons where Wenger has a moan after every game, if we draw or loose to many. At least get in that CB and Jadson before the pool game. Then take it from there.

GP
14-08-2011, 08:58 PM
He been sold yet

Yes, it's on the official site.

Marc Overmars
14-08-2011, 09:00 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-agree-terms-with-barca-for-fabregas

And there we have it.

Cesc. :wave:

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Bye.

hobson's choice
14-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Peace out, thanks for the great play.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Yes, it's on the official site.

Thank fuck now we can all move on, Oh cesc thanks for the memories That back heel to messi last season was well good.

Break a leg fella

Master Splinter
14-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Arsenal agree terms with Barca for Fabregas

Arsenal announces today that they have reached an agreement in principle with Barcelona for Cesc Fabregas to move to Spain.

It signals the end of the midfielder's eight-year spell at Arsenal. Fabregas joined the Club from Barcelona as a 16-year-old in September 2003 and made 303 appearances, scoring 57 goals in all competitions.

He holds the records for the youngest Arsenal first team player (16 years and 177 days v Rotherham United (h), 28 October 2003) and the youngest Arsenal first team goalscorer (16 years and 212 days v Wolves (h), 2 December, 2003).

Named as Arsenal Captain in November 2008, Fabregas also became a regular sub in the Spain national team, making 58 appearances to date.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: "We have been clear that we didn't want Cesc to leave and that remains the case. However, we understand Cesc's desire to move to his home town club and have now accepted an offer from Barcelona. We thank Cesc for his contribution at Arsenal and wish him future success on the bench."

The transfer is subject to the completion of formal legal agreements and registration processes, together with Fabregas agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-agree-terms-with-barca-for-fabregas

Thank fuck this is over.

Gubby Allen
14-08-2011, 09:13 PM

And there we have it.

Cesc. :wave:

Must come as a real shock to Wenger this. Nobody was leaving two days ago.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: "We have been clear that we didn't want Cesc to leave and that remains the case. However, we understand Cesc's desire to move to his home town club and have now accepted an offer from Barcelona. We thank Cesc for his contribution at Arsenal and wish him future success on the bench."

So in other words ?

Niall_Quinn
Ramsey is just as good as him - LMAO.

GP
I'm hearing that it should have been done yesterday, but Hill-Wood mixed up the fax machine and shredder again.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2011, 09:16 PM
So in other words ?

WengerBot.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm hearing that it should have been done yesterday, but Hill-Wood mixed up the fax machine and shredder again.

Frighteningly believable.

Boss
14-08-2011, 09:22 PM
ffs.

Hope he's replaced.

GP
14-08-2011, 09:23 PM
ffs.

Hope he's replaced.

Jadson :good:

Master Splinter
14-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Jadson :good:

Marvin Martin :good:

GP
14-08-2011, 09:28 PM

Marlon Harewood :good:

Arsenal Fan
14-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Marlon Harewood :good:
##

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 09:31 PM

Rosicky, let's get real for a moment.

Keith
14-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Shame that he's leaving but was expected for years. I still think he should be waiting a year or two but then the chance is that they'll find another.

The guy has a lot to be grateful for, whilst we've not won anything. He wouldn't be the player he is without us.

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Arsene Wenger is an absolute prick. What a liar. He wasn't fooling anyone with his idiotic poker face. He kept denying the Cesc transfer all through the weekend when the story broke. Cesc wasn't match fit....fuck out of here. Lied to the press and fans. This guy can't be trusted. Total liar!

As for Cesc...I'm sad to see him go. It's a real shame We couldn't win anything because he's been a part of teams that have played miraculous football. Just a damn shame there isn't trophy behind the games we played. The 1 nil victory over Manure when we played them off the park, the CL games, many league games....

It's a sad day. Maybe RVP and the rest of the team were little off yesterday because of his departure. Oh well, Wenger has to fix this problem before the window closes. The lying son of bitch.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Arsene Wenger is an absolute prick. What a liar. He wasn't fooling anyone with his idiotic poker face. He kept denying the Cesc transfer all through the weekend when the story broke. Cesc wasn't match fit....fuck out of here. Lied to the press and fans. This guy can't be trusted. Total liar!

As for Cesc...I'm sad to see him go. It's a real shame We couldn't win anything because he's been a part of teams that have played miraculous football. Just a damn shame there isn't trophy behind the games we played. The 1 nil victory over Manure when we played them off the park, the CL games, many league games....

It's a sad day. Maybe RVP and the rest of the team were little off yesterday because of his departure. Oh well, Wenger has to fix this problem before the window closes. The lying son of bitch.

Maybe that was Wenger's way of telling us the board are in full profit mode this summer. I can't think of any other reason why he'd make himself look such a prick. Unless he really is going senile.

Özim
14-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Must come as a real shock to Wenger this. Nobody was leaving two days ago.
:lol: The man is a clown, denying the obvious a day or two before it happens....there's no logic behind it.

Marc Overmars
14-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Assuming Eboue goes too, the CL final team is now gone.
In fact you can now probably push further on to 07/08 and the team is still unrecognisable.

Don't know how we can expect success with such a revolving door.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 09:54 PM
:lol: The man is a clown, denying the obvious a day or two before it happens....there's no logic behind it.

Not sure there's no logic. We hear him say Nasri will stay regardless, then the Nasri transfer stories gather pace and we start talking to City. We hear him say nobody will leave and then Fabregas leaves the next day. We also hear rumours he's thinking of making this his last year. That could be totally untrue, true or a message. Maybe Wenger has had the legs cut out from under him by our cuntish board. That would logically explain his recent behaviour.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 09:54 PM

He knew Cesc was going, ofc he did, he just didn't want to say it to a bunch of journos before we announced it officially.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 09:56 PM
He knew Cesc was going, ofc he did, he just didn't want to say it to a bunch of journos before we announced it officially.

Then say no comment, don't play the prick. I doubt these were off the cuff remarks, he must have thought through what he was going to say before that press conference. He knew what the questions were bound to be about.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Assuming Eboue goes too, the CL final team is now gone.
In fact you can now probably push further on to 07/08 and the team is still unrecognisable.

Don't know how we can expect success with such a revolving door.

Well, we weren't getting any success with keeping things the same so I guess a shake-up was needed, just bloody annoying that we're gonna spend the first half of this season coming to terms with everything, maybe we'll stay in the FA or CC long enough to win one of those though.

Özim
14-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Not sure there's no logic. We hear him say Nasri will stay regardless, then the Nasri transfer stories gather pace and we start talking to City. We hear him say nobody will leave and then Fabregas leaves the next day. We also hear rumours he's thinking of making this his last year. That could be totally untrue, true or a message. Maybe Wenger has had the legs cut out from under him by our cuntish board. That would logically explain his recent behaviour.
It's the players that wanted to leave though, he couldn't convince them to stay due to his inability to deliver success at the end of the day.

Bendtner, Cesc, Denilson, Clichy, Nasri they all wanted to leave (in some cases it's great)...doesn't say much for team spirit of the manager's ability to keep players happy.

They're not the first lot either.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Then say no comment, don't play the prick. I doubt these were off the cuff remarks, he must have thought through what he was going to say before that press conference. He knew what the questions were bound to be about.

:shrug:

He likes to answer questions in his own way, screw it if I was in a room with a bunch of journos I'd probably try and piss around with them a little too.

Marc Overmars
14-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Well, we weren't getting any success with keeping things the same so I guess a shake-up was needed, just bloody annoying that we're gonna spend the first half of this season coming to terms with everything, maybe we'll stay in the FA or CC long enough to win one of those though.

It's more to do with key players really, you need to build around them but obviously we aren't able to do that. :(

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 10:00 PM
It's the players that wanted to leave though, he couldn't convince them to stay due to his inability to deliver success at the end of the day.

Bendtner, Cesc, Denilson, Clichy, Nasri they all wanted to leave (in some cases it's great)...doesn't say much for team spirit of the manager's ability to keep players happy.

Just unsure why when he's facing the most pressure he's ever faced he would deliberately seek to make things worse by undermining his own credibility. Also it's time for all the players to line up and be kicked in the nuts as a reminder a contract is a contract. All this ignoring contracts business suits the agents and the players but is fucking up the game. So what if they wanted to leave? Fuck them, let them go and do something else that would earn them the money we've been filling their wheelbarrows with.

Unai Tea
14-08-2011, 10:01 PM
I don't know about all this liar bollox. The man operates in the grey areas, not so much black and white. If someone asks him 'do you expect this thing you don't want to happen to happen', he says 'I expect nothing'. It's just a philosophical response to a question he doesn't want to answer, i.e. 'fuck off journalist scum'.

Some of you seem to forget who Wenger works for. He doesn't work for the fans or skysports, he works for his employer, Stan Kranky.

Anyway, glad Cesc is gone. It was always going to end and really should have ended about 2 months ago.

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Maybe that was Wenger's way of telling us the board are in full profit mode this summer. I can't think of any other reason why he'd make himself look such a prick. Unless he really is going senile.

I wouldn't say that. The guy was smirking, grinning and joking about the situation like an embarrassed idiot. It's his way of dealing with things. Total denial.....'I didn't see it'....that type of shit.

Do you think he has any intention of singing a CB after his comments about Kozza and Vermaelen having a good game? He had a joke with the press saying if they screwed up everyone would be saying he needs to buy a CB.

Deceptive bastard! Can't be trusted. This has nothing to do with the board. When a man chooses to lie and mislead like this, you can't blame anyone else. Do you really think Cesc, Nasri and Clichy were 'injured' towards the end if last season?

Marc Overmars
14-08-2011, 10:03 PM

Yes, this post-2006 class is well and truly dead.

Bring on the Wilshere led era. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't say that. The guy was smirking, grinning and joking about the situation like an embarrassed idiot. It's his way of dealing with things. Total denial.....'I didn't see it'....that type of shit.

Do you think he has any intention of singing a CB after his comments about Kozza and Vermaelen having a good game? He had a joke with the press saying if they screwed up everyone would be saying he needs to buy a CB.

Deceptive bastard! Can't be trusted. This has nothing to do with the board. When a man chooses to lie and mislead like this, you can't blame anyone else. Do you really think Cesc, Nasri and Clichy were 'injured' towards the end if last season?

No, It doesn't look like we'll be signing anyone else. And maybe you're right, maybe the guy is so detached from the fans now and so secure in the knowledge the board will support him he doesn't mind laughing and joking about our ongoing decline. Fact is the whole operation at Arsenal is like MI6, everything's a fucking secret. If the fans want to know, fuck 'em. Tell then to be patient and then raise the ticket prices. This Kroenke bloke, what a cunt he is. Can't even be bothered to give a ten second overview of his intentions. Ignorant shit.

Joker
14-08-2011, 10:07 PM
If we're being honest, Cesc has been extremely inconsistent over the last three seasons. In 08/09, he was injured for a long period in the new year, forcing us to rely on Denilson and Song in midfield for about three months. When he returned he failed in the big games, like Man Utd in the UCL semi final. In the more physical encounters against teams like Stoke, he disappeared and yet some supporters were blaming Denilson, claiming Cesc was being held back by Denilson's ineptitude.

In 09/10 he was admittedly very good for about 4 months at the start, but again flattered to deceive when it really mattered from March onwards. Our record against the other top 4 teams was shocking, and again our talisman didn't lead by example in those crunch six pointer matches. He again suffered several injuries during this season.

Last season was dreadful, and I genuinely think he didn't give a 100% for us during many matches. Not only did he miss a large chunk of the season through "injury", but when he did play he definitely wasn't leading by example as a captain should. The moment which summed his season up was that casual flick which saw us concede the first goal against Barca, and the way he was totally overwhelmed against Barca's midfield three throughout the second leg.

All in all, I won't be sad to see him go. When he arrived on the scene in 04-05, he was a very exciting player and you could sense that he would go on to become a top player (although weaknesses were evident even back then) He was excellent leading our charge to the UCL final in 05-06, although this covered up some suspect domestic performances that season (especially away from home) His performances in 07-08 rightly received praise, even though his form fell away in the second half of the season, coinciding with our end of season collapse.

Over the 8 years, he's been an inconsistent performer if we're being honest, and although he's obviously a talented player, if he doesn't iron out the flaws in his game, they will be exposed playing in Barca's midfield and he'll have to be content with a place on the bench.

When it comes to his character, well his behaviour this summer (and his performances last season) has lowered my opinion of him as a person tbh.

Özim
14-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Just unsure why when he's facing the most pressure he's ever faced he would deliberately seek to make things worse by undermining his own credibility. Also it's time for all the players to line up and be kicked in the nuts as a reminder a contract is a contract. All this ignoring contracts business suits the agents and the players but is fucking up the game. So what if they wanted to leave? Fuck them, let them go and do something else that would earn them the money we've been filling their wheelbarrows with.
He undermines his credibility all the time to be fair, that's what has made him such a joke...constant BS...never any honesty..you can't respect a manager like this, especially when he's stubborn to the point that he hurts our chances of success.

Contracts don't mean that much we know that, they just mean you can get more money when you sell (though we seem to fail miserably on that score too these days). Nasri has to go as he'll be worth nothing next summer so we're better off collecting the money and re-investing.

What we have to accept is that without success we'll never keep hold of these players, we need to show more ambition...4th place may be a trophy to Wenger but it doesn't mean sh*t to fans or players.

Unfortunately Wenger is too stubborn to change things and give us a realistic chance of success, can you be surprised players want to walk away when the same things happens year after year with no signs of change?

Özim
14-08-2011, 10:11 PM
If we're being honest, Cesc has been extremely inconsistent over the last three seasons. In 08/09, he was injured for a long period in the new year, forcing us to rely on Denilson and Song in midfield for about three months. When he returned he failed in the big games, like Man Utd in the UCL semi final. In the more physical encounters against teams like Stoke, he disappeared and yet some supporters were blaming Denilson, claiming Cesc was being held back by Denilson's ineptitude.

In 09/10 he was admittedly very good for about 4 months at the start, but again flattered to deceive when it really mattered from March onwards. Our record against the other top 4 teams was shocking, and again our talisman didn't lead by example in those crunch six pointer matches. He again suffered several injuries during this season.

Last season was dreadful, and I genuinely think he didn't give a 100% for us during many matches. Not only did he miss a large chunk of the season through "injury", but when he did play he definitely wasn't leading by example as a captain should. The moment which summed his season up was that casual flick which saw us concede the first goal against Barca, and the way he was totally overwhelmed against Barca's midfield three throughout the second leg.

All in all, I won't be sad to see him go. When he arrived on the scene in 04-05, he was a very exciting player and you could sense that he would go on to become a top player (although weaknesses were evident even back then) He was excellent leading our charge to the UCL final in 05-06, although this covered up some suspect domestic performances that season (especially away from home) His performances in 07-08 rightly received praise, even though his form fell away in the second half of the season, coinciding with our end of season collapse.

Over the 8 years, he's been an inconsistent performer if we're being honest, and although he's obviously a talented player, if he doesn't iron out the flaws in his game, they will be exposed playing in Barca's midfield and he'll have to be content with a place on the bench.

When it comes to his character, well his behaviour this summer (and his performances last season) has lowered my opinion of him as a person tbh.
In a sense losing Cesc gives us the chance to go back to basics and play the counter attacking game we we once masters of.

Having said that if anything has been proved in the last 5-6 years, it's that without Cesc we;ve created barely anything and look devoid of ideas most of the time.

I've seen many games when he hasn't played where we couldn't have scored a goal even if we'd been playing till Christmas. It's worrying IMO, we've got no quality players in when we need them the most.

Joker
14-08-2011, 10:14 PM

Exactly, that post 2006 period (coinciding with our move to the Emirates) is well and truly over, and Cesc's departure is the final nail in the coffin. Wenger said at the time we should judge him in 4-5 years time when that batch of youngsters had time to grow, develop and play together as a team. Well, that time has passed and we see the results. It's obvious that his youth project has failed, and players like Eboue, Bendtner, Denilson, Diaby, Cesc etc in whom he placed so much faith and expected to lead us to a trophy have failed collectively (even if individually some have had some success)

I hope the new era of youngsters are of a higher standard than the last, and the signs are good tbh. However, it is so clear we CANNOT rely on youngsters if we want to win the league, and no matter how good Wilshere is, and how good Miyachi, Oxlade, etc can be, we must supplement the squad with experienced quality so that an unnecessarily heavy burden is not placed on their young shoulders

Özim
14-08-2011, 10:15 PM

They never looked like winning.

RomfordPele
14-08-2011, 10:15 PM
£30m + up to £5m add-ons. Wow, we sure showed them with our two months of stone-walling, didn't we. Well played Arsene and Ivan - that was well worth the summer of uncertainty: a deal that's £5m less than Carroll's up front fee, despite the pound being pretty much even-steven against the euro, for one of the top five players in the world.

What a message to send to the vultures. The club I support is a complete fucking joke.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 10:16 PM

If people were silly to believe no one was leaving, then more fool them. The only person AW lied to was himself tbh. Did you really believe cesc was not match fit, come on fella i had you down as much smarter then that. I agree Wenger needs to be honest from now all his credibilty is going fast if not gone.

I thought you hated Denilson and Bendter both are not really loses but the fact they wanted to leave showed us something at the club is not right. End of the day if those players were silly enough to think they'd come to Arsenal and win trophies more fool them.

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 10:16 PM
No, It doesn't look like we'll be signing anyone else. And maybe you're right, maybe the guy is so detached from the fans now and so secure in the knowledge the board will support him he doesn't mind laughing and joking about our ongoing decline. Fact is the whole operation at Arsenal is like MI6, everything's a fucking secret. If the fans want to know, fuck 'em. Tell then to be patient and then raise the ticket prices. This Kroenke bloke, what a cunt he is. Can't even be bothered to give a ten second overview of his intentions. Ignorant shit.

You should have watched Sunday Supplement. They spoke about this. Wenger is in total denial and seems to think the media are behind the fans public outcry because of the negative stories. What planet is he on. As if the fans can't draw their own conclusions without the press. When journalist flipped it and said fans were booing and negative during games, he said that it was just a small section and they don't represent all Arsensl fans. Total denial.

If he's planning to hightail it at the end of the season, it's because he knows the jig is up. We've just been monorailed!

Marc Overmars
14-08-2011, 10:17 PM
I hope the new era of youngsters are of a higher standard than the last, and the signs are good tbh. However, it is so clear we CANNOT rely on youngsters if we want to win the league, and no matter how good Wilshere is, and how good Miyachi, Oxlade, etc can be, we must supplement the squad with experienced quality so that an unnecessarily heavy burden is not placed on their young shoulders

Yep, couldn't agree more really.

Joker
14-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Wenger is deluded if he thinks the fans' discontent is manufactured by the media. The anger at the club is very real and has grassroots support.

Özim
14-08-2011, 10:19 PM
I thought you hated Denilson and Bendter both are not really loses but the fact they wanted to leave showed us something at the club is not right. End of the day if those players were silly enough to think they'd come to Arsenal and win trophies more fool them.
I did that's why I said great in some cases, my point is that everyone seems to want to leave...despite Wenger preaching about team spirit.

The guy is absolutely clueless, he can't see what's going on under his nose which is very unfortunate for us. Noone believes in his policy and yet he won't change...it's mystifying.

Like I said we can't expect the better players to stick around to settle for 4th place every season, I mean what does that actually mean at the end of your career.....8 4th places in the league.....great thing to tell your kids and grand kids!

Arsenal Fan
14-08-2011, 10:19 PM
before the end of last season i said to myself that players like cesc deserve better than this club and i wouldn't mind if he moved on, but now the summer has gone and the deal has been done - his behaviour has made me lower my opinion of the guy so much. glad his gone and good riddance...

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 10:20 PM
In a sense losing Cesc gives us the chance to go back to basics and play the counter attacking game we we once masters of.

Having said that if anything has been proved in the last 5-6 years, it's that without Cesc we;ve created barely anything and look devoid of ideas most of the time.

I've seen many games when he hasn't played where we counter have scored a goal even if we'd been playing till Christmas. It's worrying IMO, we've got no quality players in when we need them the most.

Its more to not having a creative player then we look flat, if we can get one then we'd be fine you reckon. I really think Nasri is that man and AW needs to do all the dick sucking he can or whatever it takes to to get him to sign a new deal

Özim
14-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Its more to not having a creative player then we look flat, if we can get one then we'd be fine you reckon. I really think Nasri is that man and AW needs to do all the dick sucking he can or whatever it takes to to get him to sign a new deal
Maybe so but it's worrying that we rely so heavily on one player. Moreover we've yet to sign a creative player, at the moment we don't know if we will or not.

Marc Overmars
14-08-2011, 10:22 PM

Nasri will go on deadline day.

Özim
14-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Pretty much, seems he's a dead cert to go too, losing Cesc is hardly going to convince him to stay either....I think in his eyes it'll be like leaving a sinking ship.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 10:25 PM
A lot of this media bullshit about the amazing football we play doesn't help. Especially as we don't play amazing football, we play boring, tippy-tap shite for 90% of the match and then once every 2-3 games one of our staggeringly over-intricate routines comes off and everyone is drooling again. Even this is happening less. This means a lot of our players (especially the youngsters) are very over-rated. When you take quality like Fabregas out then what do you have left in terms of genuine quality, I mean the sort of quality a Madrid or Barcelona or Man Utd would pay for? You have RvP, Wilshere and Nasri. The rest of them? Unremarkable.

If Nasri goes we are two injuries away from being a less entertaining Stoke City but without the bollocks. I know people will say, but look we're 4th, we're in the CL, we're still a good side, but you watch us play these days and if you discount the utterly pointless ball retention routine in the middle that always breaks down when we get in the final third, we're not a good team are we? And we don't have good players. Look at us scratching around for any positives, the defence played well (translation, they didn't serve up another calamitous self-destruction), we have more pace (translation, finally somebody is fucking running forwards), Ramsey played well (just a lie really, isn't it?). And we're aiming for 4th, same as Villa, Everton, Poll, the Spuds. That will be our trophy. Why? Because we might win the CL? Not a chance, it's so we can get the money. But to do what with it? Buy players? Improve? Progress? Well no, not that either, it's so we can pay back Stan's real estate debt ASAP.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 10:25 PM
I did that's why I said great in some cases, my point is that everyone seems to want to leave...despite Wenger preaching about team spirit.

The guy is absolutely clueless, he can't see what's going on under his nose which is very unfortunate for us. Noone believes in his policy and yet he won't change...it's mystifying.

Like I said we can't expect the better players to stick around to settle for 4th place every season, I mean what does that actually mean at the end of your career.....8 4th places in the league.....great thing to tell your kids and grand kids!

Depends, do you think the players and at stoke, fulham, villa etc and in lower divisions will ever show their grandkids EPL medals? I agree that quality players will leave but how many do we have around the sqaud now so it won't be a problem.

You can't let Aw just take all the flack blame PHW 2 he is as much to blame. What is Stan doing to turn the club into winners.

do we think if we keep saying AW should go and the board they will.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Why do you say that, i think he'd go this week if he were to go.

Özim
14-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Depends, do you think the players and at stoke, fulham, villa etc and in lower divisions will ever show their grandkids EPL medals? I agree that quality players will leave but how many do we have around the sqaud now so it won't be a problem.

You can't let Aw just take all the flack blame PHW 2 he is as much to blame. What is Stan doing to turn the club into winners.

do we think if we keep saying AW should go and the board they will.
Those clubs don't keep top players if they get them, they inevitably move on which is what we want to avoid. You're right though there's not many left, that's a problem in itself though as we're only going to get worse not better if we have no top players.

It's not all AW's fault, PHW is a class 1 pr*ck I wish the guy would f*ck off...and really hope he gets what's coming to him...smug idiot.

Kroenke got PHW's blessing so is it any surprise he's interested in hard cash, he's a businessman and if PHW likes him there must be money in it.

Having said that as a manager AW should be aiming for success, he seems to take pride from the fact we end up 4th....just shows how low his ambitions are and how much of a loser he has become.

Marc Overmars
14-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Why do you say that, i think he'd go this week if he were to go.

I think we are prepared to keep him if City don't play ball with the fee, so I'm thinking this one could run for a bit longer yet.

Power n Glory
14-08-2011, 10:32 PM
If people were silly to believe no one was leaving, then more fool them. The only person AW lied to was himself tbh. Did you really believe cesc was not match fit, come on fella i had you down as much smarter then that. I agree Wenger needs to be honest from now all his credibilty is going fast if not gone.

Please don't defend Wenger for such nonsense or try to flip it on the fans for trusting the manager of Arsenal. It's down right insulting. He should some integrity and fess up to the situation. I said last season Clichy, Nasri and Cesc were dropped that we'd sell them. Wenger being deceptive is no surprise, it just angers to see how low he'll stoop.

And it also angers me to see fans stoop just as low with these sort of posts. Yeah, I get it, never trust a con artist. But how are you going chastise me before you chastise the manager of our club for putting us all through this shit?

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Those clubs don't keep top players if they get them, they inevitably move on which is what we want to avoid. You're right though there's not many left, that's a problem in itself though as we're only going to get worse not better if we have no top players.

It's not all AW's fault, PHW is a class 1 pr*ck I wish the guy would f*ck off...and really hope he gets what's coming to him...smug idiot.

Kroenke got PHW's blessing so is it any surprise he's interested in hard cash, he's a businessman and if PHW likes him there must be money in it.

Having said that as a manager AW should be aiming for success, he seems to take pride from the fact we end up 4th....just shows how low his ambitions are and how much of a loser he has become.#

Agreed, I feel really angry how we have bent over for Barca and let the fuck us inthe Arse. I mean we let then train at our ground Insult us after insult and they still shown us how small we are.

Eveything at arsenal is a shambles and needs sorting out quick. IMO i don't expect AW to be manger next season what ever happens, he may even go soon, you can see he looks fraile and ill.

Özim
14-08-2011, 10:34 PM

To be fair mate, you believed he was going to make big changes this summer and had finally see the light, so I don't understand how you can say that.

The guy is a just a liar who makes bad situations worse, people want to believe things will change and I can understand that..but blatantly lying about a situation is taking the p*ss and makes him look like a d*ck to everyone.

It's a sad state of affairs when pretty much almost everything your manager says is a lie.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Please don't defend Wenger for such nonsense or try to flip it on the fans for trusting the manager of Arsenal. It's down right insulting. He should some integrity and fess up to the situation. I said last season Clichy, Nasri and Cesc were dropped that we'd sell them. Wenger being deceptive is no surprise, it just angers to see how low he'll stoop.

And it also angers me to see fans stoop just as low with these sort of posts. Yeah, I get it, never trust a con artist. But how are you going chastise me before you chastise the manager of our club for putting us all through this shit?

Not defending him and never said anything about you, i said if people belived cesc was injured them more fool them. Come on we know he's going whatever AW says, we know he's not injured.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 10:37 PM
To be fair mate, you believed he was going to make big changes this summer and had finally see the light, so I don't understand how you can say that.

The guy is a just a liar who makes bad situations worse.

Not sure what your on about, but i was talking about his press confrence on friday, If people belived him after the that then more fool them.

GP
14-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Not sure what your on about, but i was talking about his press confrence on friday, If people belived him after the that then more fool them.

Wenger said the same thing he always says about transfers; fuck all.

Not sure why people are so surprised tbh.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 10:40 PM

You said Wenger was going to get major signings in and we were sure to win the PL and CL. You even bet me £100 that would happen. Something up with your memory?

Özim
14-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Noone believed him, they just thought what a complete tool...you can't trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

Got a lot of booing on Saturday, he just wrote it off as the press being negative and convincing the fans....what a deluded fool.

Hope he gets soundly booed at the Emirates when he shows his face.

RomfordPele
14-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Gets worse. Sandro Rosell saying the fee is £25.3m upfront plus £8.7 add-ons for trophies, appearances etc. Farcical.

Gazidis should resign if true.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Fuck it.

He's gone.

We move on.

If Wenger doesn't sort it out this summer, he goes next year, we still move on.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Wenger said the same thing he always says about transfers; fuck all.

Not sure why people are so surprised tbh.

Telling people he expects nobody to leave when Fabregas is packing his case in the background is not the same as saying fuck all.

Power n Glory
Not defending him and never said anything about you, i said if people belived cesc was injured them more fool them. Come on we know he's going whatever AW says, we know he's not injured.

Yes, we all knew but that's not the point. It's like catching a theiving bastard breaking into your car and seeing him deny the whole incident in the court rooms with a straight face. You know he's lying, you know there is evidence but the bastrad is lying in your face. Infuriating stuff. No integrity!

.....'monorail'

Özim
Gets worse. Sandro Rosell saying the fee is £25.3m upfront plus £8.7 add-ons for trophies, appearances etc. Farcical.

F*cking hell, one of the best midfielders around, they desperately want him, he has years left on his contract and we don't want to sell and we get...in relative terms peanuts.

Looks like the manager isn't the only clown at the club, we could run our own circus at the moment.

Marc Overmars
14-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Wenger used to be fascinating to listen to but not anymore. I find him to be incredibly guarded, defensive and smug, I just don't enjoy and take in anything he says anymore. If I flick on SSN and he's talking I'll listen for a brief moment but unless he's speaking candidly, which is rare anyway, I just turn over or switch the TV off. I know I'll end up being wound up. :lol:

Özim
14-08-2011, 10:47 PM
I'd love someone to confront him properly on his BS and ask him the questions we all want answers to......not the usual lame questions you know how he'll respond to.

Jeremy Paxman could be the man!

Marc Overmars
14-08-2011, 10:48 PM

Source?

That's probably right as well, considering the 29m + add ons is in Euros.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 10:48 PM

Bugger me sideways, how did we manage to negotiate the fee DOWN? That's truly incompetent.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 10:49 PM
I'd love someone to confront him properly on his BS and ask him the questions we all want answers to......not the usual lame questions you know how he'll respond to.

Jerermy Paxman could be the man!

People regularly do, experienced journalists as well. The man is truly a master of bullshit, in his second tongue as well, impressive.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2011, 10:49 PM

The Sun said (okay but I'm only telling you what they said) £18.5mill now plus £5mill next year + £5mill performance related + £4mill "compensation" not having to be paid to our loyal captain, and that's over 4 years.

Whatever, we were well shafted, though apparently because the player wanted to go and because he only wanted to go to one club it was a great idea to tear up his long term contract and bow to his wishes. If Gazidis doesn't kit this team out with at least 3 major signings before the 31st he should go anyway.

Özim
14-08-2011, 10:50 PM
People regularly do, experienced journalists as well. The man is truly a master of bullshit, in his second tongue as well, impressive.
Paxman doesn't let it go though, he keeps asking till he gets an answer....his interview style is great tv :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Yes, we all knew but that's not the point. It's like catching a theiving bastard breaking into your car and seeing him deny the whole incident in the court rooms with a straight face. You know he's lying, you know there is evidence but the bastrad is lying in your face. Infuriating stuff. No integrity!

.....'monorail'

True lol,But just don't listen to the man PnG I just can't mate if i did id want to punch him, just best to switch over when he talks.

Darth Vela
14-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Paxman doesn't let it go though, he keeps asking till he gets an answer....his interview style is great tv :lol:

I guess Paxman is a real pro, thinking about it, I'd quite like to see that too :d

Özim
14-08-2011, 10:52 PM
It amazes me, Barca say they have no money, spend millions on that Sanchez guy (thus effectively laughing in our faces) then still manage to get Cesc on the cheap...truly astounding.

They screwed the club over almost as much as the club screws over the fans.

Should have just sold him at the beginning of the summer then spent the money wisely.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-08-2011, 10:53 PM
you said wenger was going to get major signings in and we were sure to win the pl and cl. You even bet me £100 that would happen. Something up with your memory?

lmao